时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | How well do we really know our parents? | 我们到底有多了解我们的父母? |
[00:16] | Take my father. | 拿我父亲来说 |
[00:17] | I’ve always considered him an open book. | 我一直认为他很容易被看透 |
[00:20] | A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection. | 一个不善谋略并夸张表达爱意的人 |
[00:25] | But when he was a student, | 但当他还是学生的时候 |
[00:26] | he was accused of a murder that took place right up there. | 却被指控在那里犯下了谋杀罪 |
[00:30] | Which leads me to wonder… | 这让我想知道… |
[00:37] | …what really happened that stormy night 32 years ago? | 32年前那个暴风雨之夜 到底发生了什么? |
[01:01] | I think he had a sword, and they certainly have issues. | 我想他手里拿着一把剑 他们肯定闹了矛盾 |
[01:06] | I don’t like to tell tales, Sheriff Walker, | 我不喜欢揭人隐私 沃克警长 |
[01:09] | but it’s all Morticia Frump’s fault. | 但这都是魔蒂夏弗伦普的错 |
[01:12] | They were fighting over her. | 他们是因为她争风吃醋 |
[01:20] | Tish… | 蒂什… |
[01:21] | I don’t know what to say, Gomez. | 我不知道该说什么 哥梅兹 |
[01:23] | Seeing you in handcuffs, accused of murder… | 看到你戴着手铐 被指控谋杀… |
[01:27] | I’ve never loved you more. | -我从未如此这般爱你 |
[01:28] | Cara mia. | -亲爱的 |
[01:30] | All right, that’s enough, Addams. | 好了 够了 亚当斯 |
[01:32] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[01:36] | -Let’s move it out. Let’s get going. | 好了 出发吧 我们走 |
[02:10] | Ah, the fetid air of teenage angst. | 啊 青春期焦虑的恶臭味 |
[02:13] | These were the best years of our lives, were they not, Tish? | 那是我们生命中最美好的时光 不是吗 蒂什? |
[02:16] | They certainly were, mi cariño. | 当然了 亲爱的 |
[02:22] | I hope Wednesday’s happy to see us. | 希望星期三看到我们会很高兴 |
[02:25] | I left a dozen messages on her crystal ball. Still no reply. | 我在她的水晶球上留了十几条信息 都没有回复 |
[02:29] | Fret not, my plum-lipped cupid. | 不要烦恼 我的红唇丘比特 |
[02:31] | I’m sure she’s dying to see us. | 她一定迫不及待见到我们了 |
[02:36] | Mmm. | |
[02:37] | Come on, let’s go. | 好了 我们走吧 |
[02:47] | Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children | 奈弗莫尔学院 是为孩子们建造的避风港 |
[02:51] | to learn and to grow, | 不管他们是谁或是什么 |
[02:53] | no matter who or what they are. | 都可以在这里学习、成长 |
[03:03] | I realize most of you have heard about | 我知道你们大多数人都听说了 |
[03:05] | the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. | 我们一个学生的不幸遭遇 |
[03:08] | But I’m happy to report that Eugene is on the mend | 但是我很高兴地告诉大家 尤金的病情正在好转 |
[03:11] | and is expected to make a full recovery. | 有望完全康复 |
[03:14] | So let’s focus on the positive | 所以让我们保持积极的心态 |
[03:16] | and make this Parents’ Weekend our very best yet. | 让本次家长周末成为史上最佳 |
[03:22] | On the mend? | 正在好转? |
[03:24] | Try in a coma. | 应该是昏迷中吧 |
[03:26] | Have you been to see him? | 你去看过他吗? |
[03:28] | -You’re his friend. | 你是他的朋友 |
[03:30] | -I’m the reason he’s in the hospital. That is not your fault, okay? | -是我害他住院的 -这不是你的错 好吗? |
[03:33] | The monster hasn’t attacked anyone in the past week. | 过去一周 那个怪物没有攻击任何人 |
[03:37] | Maybe you finally scared it off. | 也许你终于把它吓跑了 |
[03:38] | Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend. | 或者它是为了避开这个周末躲起来了 |
[03:42] | Look at this. Some things never change. | 看啊 有些东西永远都不会变 |
[03:47] | I knew I should have worn my plague mask. | 我就知道应该戴上我的瘟疫面具 |
[03:51] | Would you look at my family? | 瞧瞧我的家人吧 |
[03:52] | -Talk about toxic pack mentality. | 这才是群体思维毒瘤 |
[03:55] | I give my mom 30 seconds before her judge-y claws come out. | 顶多30秒 我妈妈就要开始评头论足了 |
[04:01] | Let’s get this over with. | 赶紧速战速决吧 |
[04:06] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[04:08] | Oh, how we missed those accusing eyes and youthful sneer. | 我们好怀念 这指责的眼神和朝气蓬勃的冷笑 |
[04:13] | How are you, my little rain cloud? | 你还好吗 我的小雨云? |
[04:16] | I thought Thing was filling you in on my every move. | 我还以为小东西 把我的一举一动都告诉你们了呢 |
[04:20] | I uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately. | 我几乎立刻就发现了 你那不怎么见效的诡计 |
[04:24] | So, how’s the little fella doing? | 那个小家伙怎么样? |
[04:26] | Does he still have all his fingers? | 他的手指还都健全吗? |
[04:28] | Relax. I haven’t snapped any of his digits. | 放心 我还没折断他的任何手指 |
[04:31] | Yet. | 暂时没有 |
[04:33] | So tell us everything. | 跟我们讲讲你的近况 |
[04:35] | Since you’ve abandoned me here, I’ve been hunted, haunted… | 自从你们把我丢在这里 我就一直被追杀、被恶灵缠身 |
[04:40] | and the target of an attempted murder. | 还成了谋杀未遂的目标 |
[04:43] | Ah, Nevermore. I love you so. | 啊 奈弗莫尔学院 我太爱你了 |
[04:47] | Enid. | 伊妮德 |
[04:49] | Oh, let me look at you. | 让我看看你 |
[04:52] | -One-one-thousand, two-one-thousand… -Have you not been waxing? | -一秒钟、两秒钟… -你最近没除毛吗? |
[04:56] | Three seconds. That’s a personal best. | 三秒 这是个人最好成绩了 |
[05:01] | Are you feeling well? You’re looking a touch anemic. | 你还好吗?你看起来有点贫血 |
[05:04] | Have you been eating enough red meat? | 你有吃足够的红肉吧? |
[05:07] | It’s good to see you too, Mom. | 我也很高兴见到你 妈妈 |
[05:09] | And you, Dad. | 还有你 爸爸 |
[05:18] | Not sure how much more of this family togetherness I can take. | 不知道我还能承受多少 这种家庭团聚的气氛 |
[05:22] | Think you skipped where you apologize for acting like a jerk last weekend. | 我觉得你跳过了 为自己上周末混蛋行为道歉的部分 |
[05:27] | I’m sorry for what happened at the dance. | 舞会上的事我很抱歉 |
[05:29] | I shouldn’t have asked you to siren-song me like that. | 我不该让你那样催眠我 |
[05:36] | Guessing your dad’s a no-show again this year? | 我猜你爸今年又不来? |
[05:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:40] | I got a text this morning. You? | 我今早收到了短信 你呢? |
[05:44] | Gabrielle hasn’t shown her face since I started here. | 自从我来这里上学 加布丽尔就没有露过面 |
[05:47] | Probably sunning herself somewhere in the Seychelles. | 她可能去塞舌尔的某个地方 晒太阳去了 |
[05:50] | My darling daughter. | 我的宝贝女儿 |
[05:54] | I made it. | 我来了 |
[05:57] | Wouldn’t miss this for the world. | 我怎么可能错过呢 |
[06:00] | I guess you misjudged her. | 我想你看错她了 |
[06:10] | Our old yearbook. | 我们以前的年鉴 |
[06:13] | I haven’t laid eyes on this in over 20 years. | 我都20多年没见过这个了 |
[06:17] | Such good times we had, didn’t we, Larissa? | 我们度过了那么美好的时光 对吗 拉丽莎? |
[06:21] | Some of us better than others. | 我们中有些人比其他人过得更好 |
[06:22] | Oh, don’t be so modest. | 别这么谦虚 |
[06:24] | You always filled a room with your presence. | 你总是让人无法忽视你的存在 |
[06:28] | Like a stately sequoia tree. | 就像一棵庄严的红杉树 |
[06:31] | And I guess that would make you the lumberjack. | 那你就是伐木工了 |
[06:36] | There’s that biting sense of humor that I always adored. | 我一直很喜欢你这种刻薄的幽默感 |
[06:42] | Do you remember when we did that duet for the Solstice Talent Show? | 你还记得我们 在夏至才艺秀上的二重唱吗? |
[06:47] | Your Judy Garland impression was a dead ringer. | 你模仿的朱迪加兰简直惟妙惟肖 |
[06:51] | Sounds positively suicidal. | 听起来很想让人自杀 |
[06:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[06:57] | My picture’s gone. | 我的照片不见了 |
[06:59] | Really? Well, that is odd. | 是吗?真奇怪 |
[07:02] | May I borrow this for the weekend? | 这个周末我能借用一下年鉴吗? |
[07:04] | That way Gomez and I can take a little walk down memory lane. | 这样我和哥梅兹 就可以回忆一下往事了 |
[07:08] | Rawr. | 咆哮 |
[07:10] | All right. | 好了 |
[07:12] | Let’s get down to the matter at hand, shall we? Hmm? | 我们回到正题上来 好吗? |
[07:16] | Unfortunately, Wednesday’s assimilation has been rocky at best. | 很不幸 星期三仍然很难融入学校 |
[07:22] | Because I refuse to embrace | 因为我拒绝接受 |
[07:23] | the culture of dishonesty and denial permeating this school. | 学校中弥漫的不诚实与否认之风 |
[07:27] | Starting with the monster that killed Rowan and put Eugene in the ICU. | 就从杀死罗文 并把尤金送进重症监护室的怪物说起 |
[07:30] | Although I do hear he’s on the mend. | 不过我听说他正在好转 |
[07:34] | We’ve always encouraged Wednesday to speak her mind. | 我们一向鼓励星期三勇敢表达自己 |
[07:37] | Sometimes her sharp tongue can cut deep. | 有时候她舌如利刃 |
[07:40] | Apparently her therapist feels she hasn’t been very open to the process. | 显然她的心理医生觉得 她还是对治疗很排斥 |
[07:44] | Their time together has not yielded the results we’d hoped. | 她们会谈的结果并未如我们所愿 |
[07:47] | I’m not a lab rat. | 我不是小白鼠 |
[07:49] | Dr. Kinbott and I have spoken, and we both agree | 我和金博特医生谈过了 我们一致认为 |
[07:52] | it would be most beneficial for you all to attend a family session this weekend. | 本周末进行家庭会谈 对你们所有人都最为有益 |
[07:57] | No. | 不要 |
[07:58] | I thought that might be your reaction, but your parents can see the wisdom in it. | 我预想到你会有此反应 但你父母能明白其中的道理 |
[08:03] | Um, not to side with Wednesday, but, um, we’re only here for the weekend. | 我不是站在星期三那边 但我们只是来度周末的 |
[08:09] | Oh, come on. | 别这样啊 |
[08:10] | What can it hurt? To be honest, | 有什么关系?说实话 |
[08:12] | I’ve always been a big fan of head-shrinking. | 我一直很喜欢头骨缩小术 |
[08:15] | It’s not that kind of head-shrinking, mon chéri. | 不是你想的那种头骨缩小术 亲爱的 |
[08:19] | Well, | 好吧 |
[08:21] | that is disappointing. | 真令人失望 |
[08:23] | But anything for our little girl. | 但为了我们的女儿 我什么都愿意 |
[08:25] | Ah. | 啊 |
[08:34] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:36] | You make sure they search that cave for any sign of that creature. | 你要确保他们搜查那个洞穴 寻找关于怪物的蛛丝马迹 |
[08:39] | No stone unturned. They bag and tag everything, all right? | 把那里翻个底朝天 给所有东西装袋贴标签 知道吗? |
[08:44] | And then follow up with the lab. I want the DNA results on that claw. | 然后跟进实验室的进程 我要那个爪子的基因检测结果 |
[08:48] | We already got one kid in the ICU, a bunch of people in the morgue. | 已经有个孩子进了重症监护室 停尸房还有一堆尸体 |
[08:52] | I don’t want any more. | 我不希望再出事端 |
[08:55] | All right. | 好的 |
[09:02] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[09:05] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[09:06] | Just hard to stomach a murderer wandering around town scot-free. | 只是很难忍受 一个杀人犯在镇上逍遥法外 |
[09:11] | At least they care enough about Wednesday to go to therapy with her. | 至少他们足够关心星期三 愿意陪她去看心理医生 |
[09:15] | Tyler, come on. We’ve been through this. | 泰勒 别这样 我们不是谈过了吗? |
[09:17] | I’m just… I’m not comfortable dredging up the family past with some complete stranger. | 我不想跟一个陌生人重提家族往事 |
[09:21] | Think it’s easy for me to sit there and talk about my crap? | 你觉得我坐在那里 谈论自己的糟心事就容易? |
[09:25] | -I’ve got a lot on my plate now, bud. | 我现在手上有一堆事 小子 |
[09:31] | You got the results already? | 你已经拿到结果了? |
[09:35] | All right. Tape off the scene. I’ll be right there. | 好的 封锁现场 我马上过去 |
[09:39] | Dad. You okay? What’s going on? | 爸爸 没事吧?怎么了? |
[09:43] | You know Reggie, the local coroner? | 你知道本地验尸官雷吉吗? |
[09:47] | He just blew his brains out. | 他刚把自己的脑袋打开花了 |
[10:02] | So, who wants to start? | 谁先开始? |
[10:07] | Maybe we can discuss what it’s like having Wednesday away from home? | 也许我们可以谈谈 星期三离家期间各位的感受? |
[10:15] | I mean, for me… | 对我来说 就是… |
[10:17] | …it’s been hard not having Wednesday around. | 没有星期三在身边真的很难熬 |
[10:22] | I never thought I’d miss being waterboarded so much. | 我从没想过 自己会这么怀念被施加水刑的日子 |
[10:28] | Morticia, Gomez. | 魔蒂夏 哥梅兹 |
[10:30] | -How have you been coping? -It’s been torture for us too. | -你们有何感受? -我们也备受折磨 |
[10:34] | Fortunately, my brother Fester’s rack fits two people. | 幸好我弟弟费斯特的拉肢刑具 能承载两个人 |
[10:38] | Nothing like a good stretch to bring out the best in each other. | 没有什么比舒展筋骨 更能激发出彼此最好的一面了 |
[10:42] | Querida mía. | 亲爱的 |
[10:46] | Um… | 嗯 |
[10:49] | Enough! | 够了! |
[10:53] | I think it’s high time my parents faced the music. | 我觉得是时候让我父母承担后果了 |
[10:57] | It seems they’ve been lying to me. | 他们一直在欺骗我 |
[10:59] | Keeping secrets. | 对我有所隐瞒 |
[11:01] | Murderous secrets that need to be addressed. | 还有尚待解决的谋杀谜案 |
[11:07] | Who was Garrett Gates, and why are you accused of murdering him? | 加勒特盖茨是谁? 你为什么被指控谋杀他? |
[11:10] | Whoa. | 喔 |
[11:11] | Those charges were dropped. Your father is an innocent man. | 那些指控已被撤销 你父亲是无辜的 |
[11:14] | Local sheriff doesn’t seem too convinced. | 本地警长似乎不太相信 |
[11:16] | Wednesday, stop. | 星期三 别说了 |
[11:18] | This is neither the time nor the place. | 现在不是时候 也不是合适的地方 |
[11:21] | Actually, this is exactly the place. | 其实这正是合适的地方 |
[11:24] | -These sessions are– -Doctor. This does not concern you. | -所有会谈都是… -医生 这与你无关 |
[11:27] | And I refuse to debate a decades-old witch-hunt with you right now. | 我现在拒绝和你讨论 一起几十年前的迫害事件 |
[11:31] | -I– -Darling, maybe we should– | -我… -亲爱的 也许我们应该… |
[11:33] | No. This session is over. | 不 会谈到此为止 |
[11:35] | Have it your way, Mother. | 随你便 母亲 |
[11:37] | -Wednes… Wednesday? -If you refuse to tell me the truth, | -星期三? -如果你们拒绝告诉我真相 |
[11:40] | I’ll just have to excavate it myself. | 我只能自己去挖掘了 |
[11:44] | You… | 你… |
[11:47] | Thanks for the candy. | 谢谢你的糖果 |
[11:51] | Actually, that’s potpourri. | 其实那是百花香 |
[11:54] | Why don’t you take the bowl? | 你把那一碗都拿走吧 |
[12:03] | What were you thinking? | 你到底在想什么? |
[12:05] | How could you ambush your father like that? Wednesday. | 你怎么能对你父亲突然发难?星期三 |
[12:09] | How could I? You insisted I go to this school. | 那又怎样?你坚持要我上这所学校 |
[12:11] | Did you really think I wouldn’t find out your secret? | 你以为我不会发现你的秘密吗? |
[12:14] | You don’t know the full story. Your father did nothing wrong. | 你不知道前因后果 你父亲什么也没做错 |
[12:17] | I’ll be the judge of that. | 这将由我来评判 |
[12:26] | Potpourri? | 来点百花香? |
[12:30] | -Mmm! | |
[12:34] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的? |
[12:35] | MorningSong community misses you. | 晨歌社区很想你 |
[12:38] | I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[12:39] | And by community, you mean cult? | 你说的社区是指邪教吗? |
[12:41] | We are a personal development movement | 我们是个体发展运动组织 |
[12:44] | that helps people take control of their lives. | 帮助人们掌控自己的生活 |
[12:46] | After you take control of their bank accounts. | 倒是先控制了他们的银行账户 |
[12:48] | I haven’t come here to fight, Brandy Jane. | 我不是来这里吵架的 布兰迪简 |
[12:50] | My name is Bianca. | 我叫比安卡 |
[12:52] | New name. New life. | 新的名字 新的生活 |
[12:54] | It’s time to come home. | 该回家了 |
[12:55] | That place was never my home. | 那地方从来就不是我的家 |
[12:57] | -Gideon said you’d resist. -Don’t say that man’s name to me. | -吉迪恩说过你会抗拒 -别跟我提那个男人的名字 |
[13:01] | You think he’d give a damn about some single mom and her daughter | 如果我们不是海妖 |
[13:03] | -if we weren’t sirens? | 你觉得他会在乎 一个单身妈妈和她女儿吗? |
[13:05] | That is no way to talk about your stepfather. | 你不能这么说你的继父 |
[13:09] | You actually married him. | 你真的嫁给他了 |
[13:11] | He wants you to come home, so that we can be a real family. | 他想让你回家 这样我们才是一个真正的家庭 |
[13:15] | Hard pass. | 绝对不要 |
[13:17] | He’s already got one siren to do his bidding. | 他已经有一个海妖听命于他了 |
[13:20] | Goodbye, Ma. | 再见 妈妈 |
[13:22] | I don’t want to see more MorningSong bracelets anywhere near this town. | 我不希望在这个镇子附近 再看到任何晨歌手镯 |
[13:27] | My siren song is drying up. | 我的海妖之歌正在枯竭 |
[13:31] | Recruitment numbers are down, | 招募人数骤减 |
[13:33] | and the wrong people are starting to ask questions. | 有多事之人开始提问题了 |
[13:37] | This wasn’t a request. | 这不是请求 |
[13:40] | And if I refuse? | 如果我拒绝呢? |
[13:44] | Then everybody here is gonna know how you siren’d your way into Nevermore. | 那么这里所有人都会知道 你是怎么用海妖之力进入奈弗莫尔的 |
[13:49] | I finally make something of myself and you want to destroy it. | 我好不容易靠自己有所成就 你却想将一切毁掉 |
[13:52] | You haven’t made squat, Bianca. | 你哪里有什么成就 比安卡 |
[13:56] | You’re just scamming a higher class of people, | 你只是欺骗了上层社会的那些人 |
[13:58] | but they are not your friends. | 但他们不是你的朋友 |
[14:01] | Sooner or later they will see through you. | 他们迟早会看穿你的真面目 |
[14:04] | A siren can never change her scales. | 江山易改 本性难移 |
[14:09] | You got until the end of the weekend to say your goodbyes. | 你有一个周末的时间道别 |
[14:20] | I harvested hive number three. | 我收割了三号蜂巢 |
[14:24] | The bees miss you, Eugene. | 蜜蜂们很想你 尤金 |
[14:28] | We all do. | 我们都很想你 |
[14:33] | Thanks for keeping an eye on him. | 谢谢你照看他 |
[14:36] | Any updates? | 有新情况吗? |
[14:40] | He didn’t deserve this. | 他不该受这样的罪 |
[14:43] | I should be in that bed. | 躺在床上的应该是我 |
[14:45] | Why did you go without me? | 你为什么不等我就去? |
[14:49] | -Didn’t mean to startle you, dear. -You must be Wednesday. | 我们不是故意吓你的 亲爱的 |
[14:53] | Eugene’s moms. Sue and Janet. | 我们是尤金的妈妈 我是苏 她是珍妮特 |
[14:56] | You were all he could talk about lately. | 他最近一直说起你 |
[14:58] | He was so happy you joined the Hummers. | 他很高兴你加入了悍马蜂社团 |
[15:00] | Eugene hasn’t had the easiest time fitting in at Nevermore. | 尤金在奈弗莫尔学院的日子并不好过 |
[15:04] | He was so excited to finally make a real friend. | 他很开心总算能交到一个真正的朋友 |
[15:07] | I brought him some honey. | 我给他带了些蜂蜜 |
[15:09] | Eugene loves those dang bees like they’re his kids. | 尤金很爱那些蜜蜂 把它们当自己的孩子 |
[15:13] | His fuzzy-buzzy babies. | 他那毛茸茸嗡嗡叫的宝贝 |
[15:18] | He’s gonna be okay, right? | 他会没事的 对吧? |
[15:20] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[15:36] | First time someone’s killed themselves in the morgue. | 第一次有人在停尸房自杀 |
[15:39] | Guys don’t know what to do with the body. | 大家不知道该怎么处理尸体 |
[15:41] | -What do you got? | 有什么线索? |
[15:43] | -Gun was legal and registered in his name. | 枪是合法的 注册在他名下 |
[15:45] | Colt .45. | 柯尔特点45口径 |
[15:46] | Janitor said he kept it in his desk. | 门卫说他把枪放在桌子里 |
[15:48] | I just saw Doc last week. | 我上周才见过医生 |
[15:50] | He was planning a cruise with his wife. He seemed excited all about retirement. | 他打算和他妻子一起邮轮出游 似乎很期待退休生活 |
[15:54] | Guess you never know what’s going through someone’s mind. | 你永远不知道 别人脑子里会闪过什么想法 |
[15:56] | A bullet, apparently. We got security footage? | 显然是闪过了一颗子弹 有监控录像吗? |
[16:00] | Nope. Camera was obscured. Black bubblegum. | 没有 摄像头被黑色泡泡糖遮住了 |
[16:03] | I got them scrubbing through video to find out how long it’s been there. | 我让他们仔细检查录像 弄清楚泡泡糖粘多久了 |
[16:07] | Black bubblegum. | 黑色泡泡糖 |
[16:09] | You don’t say… | 真想不到 |
[16:12] | The suicide note says he felt guilty about an old case. | 遗书中说他对一件旧案心怀愧疚 |
[16:17] | Says he covered it up, faked the coroner’s report, | 说他掩盖了真相 伪造了验尸官报告 |
[16:20] | and has been living with guilt for all these years. | 这么多年来一直背负着罪恶感 |
[16:24] | What case? | 什么案子? |
[16:25] | Uh, Garrett Gates. | 加勒特盖茨案 |
[16:27] | Garrett Gates. You gotta be kidding me. | 加勒特盖茨案 你在开玩笑吧 |
[16:30] | You heard of it? | 你听说过这案子? |
[16:31] | I’ve been waiting 30 years to put away his murderer. | 30年来 我一直想将凶手绳之以法 |
[16:33] | You know who did it? | 你知道谁是凶手吗? |
[16:35] | There’s only ever been one suspect. | 只有一个嫌疑人 |
[16:37] | I always thought they were covering up the truth. | 我当时就一直觉得他们在掩盖真相 |
[16:41] | Now I got my proof. | 现在我有证据了 |
[17:57] | Mmm. I am famished. | 我已经饥肠辘辘了 |
[18:03] | You’re not hungry, darling? | 你不饿吗 亲爱的? |
[18:06] | My appetite eludes me, Mother. | 我的胃口在躲着我 母亲 |
[18:08] | The same way the truth eludes you. | 就像你在逃避真相 |
[18:19] | We need to tell her. | 我们得告诉她 |
[18:23] | She’ll never believe us. | 她永远不会相信我们 |
[18:26] | We must stay strong. | 我们必须坚定 |
[18:30] | And hope that something more morbid comes along to distract her. | 希望有更变态的东西 分散她的注意力 |
[18:46] | So are you going to make me ask? | 你非要让我主动问吗? |
[18:49] | Ajax and I haven’t defined our relationship yet. | 我和阿贾克斯还没定义我们的关系 |
[18:53] | I’m not talking about boys. | 我说的不是男孩子 |
[18:55] | Have you wolfed out yet? | 你变成狼人了吗? |
[19:02] | No. | 没有 |
[19:03] | Well, that is a disappointment. | 真令人失望 |
[19:07] | That’s me. | 我就是这样 |
[19:09] | A huge disappointment. | 让人极度失望 |
[19:23] | Can I ask what this is about, Sheriff? | 我能问问这是怎么回事吗 警长? |
[19:26] | What’s happening, Ms. Thornhill? | 怎么回事 桑希尔老师? |
[19:28] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[19:29] | Gomez Addams. | 哥梅兹亚当斯 |
[19:35] | How can I help you, Sheriff? | 有什么事吗 警长? |
[19:36] | You’re under arrest for the murder of Garrett Gates. | 你因涉嫌谋杀勒特盖茨被捕 |
[19:40] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[19:41] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 你所说的一切都将成为呈堂证供 |
[19:45] | Dad? | 爸爸? |
[19:46] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权聘请律师 |
[19:48] | If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you. | 若无力聘请 法庭可为你指派 |
[20:22] | My little tormenta, how’s your mother? | 我的小风暴 你母亲怎么样了? |
[20:25] | Devastated. She hates you in orange. | 伤心欲绝 她讨厌你穿橘色衣服 |
[20:29] | I caught her laying a rose on a grave earlier today. | 我今天早些时候 发现她在一个墓前献了一朵玫瑰 |
[20:32] | The headstone read “Garrett Gates.” | 墓碑上写着“加勒特盖茨” |
[20:35] | The very boy you’ve been arrested for murdering. | 你就是因为谋杀这个男孩被捕的 |
[20:39] | Care to explain? | 能解释一下吗? |
[20:45] | Garrett was infatuated with your mother. | 加勒特对你母亲很着迷 |
[20:48] | He mistook her kindness for interest. | 他把她的善意之举误认为好感 |
[20:52] | His infatuation turned into obsession, | 他的迷恋变成了痴迷 |
[20:56] | and he started stalking her. | 于是开始跟踪她 |
[20:57] | -Why didn’t you call the police? -We tried. | -为什么不报警? -我们试过了 |
[21:00] | But his family were the oldest and richest in Jericho. | 但他的家族 是杰里科最古老最富有的家族 |
[21:03] | No one believed us. | 没人相信我们 |
[21:05] | Garrett’s father, an outcast-hating bigot, | 加勒特的父亲 是一个憎恨异类的偏执狂 |
[21:09] | was furious that your mother had accused his only son. | 对你母亲指控他唯一的儿子火冒三丈 |
[21:13] | It all came to a head the night of the Rave’N Dance. | 一切都在锐舞派对那晚爆发 |
[21:18] | Your mother and I stepped out to catch our breath. | 我和你母亲出去透气 |
[21:28] | Addams! | 亚当斯! |
[21:30] | And that’s when I saw him. | 就在那时 我看到了他 |
[21:32] | He had broken into the school. | 他闯进了学校 |
[21:35] | His twisted love for your mother had made him insane. | 他因对你母亲扭曲的爱变得疯狂 |
[21:38] | His eyes bore into me, brimming with murderous intent. | 他直勾勾盯着我 杀气腾腾 |
[21:44] | Go. Get out of here. He won’t hurt me. | 快走 离开这里 他不会伤害我的 |
[21:47] | Garrett, no! | 加勒特 不要! |
[21:48] | Garrett, stop! | 加勒特 住手! |
[21:58] | My life flashed before my eyes. | 我的一生在眼前闪过 |
[22:02] | Driven by jealousy and hate, Garrett was unstoppable. | 加勒特在嫉妒和仇恨的驱使下 势不可挡 |
[22:30] | When I saw the sword, | 当我看到那把剑 |
[22:33] | my survival instinct kicked in. | 我的求生本能爆发了 |
[22:41] | It was a terrible accident. | 那是场可怕的意外 |
[23:06] | If I’m being objective, his confession sounds entirely plausible, | 客观来讲 他的供词听起来完全可信 |
[23:10] | delivered with the perfect degree of sincerity. | 表达得也非常有诚意 |
[23:12] | Perhaps my father is exactly what he says. | 也许我父亲正是他自己所说的那样 |
[23:15] | Thank you for being honest with me. | 谢谢你对我这么坦诚 |
[23:20] | But then there’s the matter of his tells. | 但他的小动作出卖了他 |
[23:22] | The way he smooths his mustache. | 他捋胡子的样子 |
[23:25] | The way he delivers a comforting wink. | 他眨眼安慰人的样子 |
[23:28] | I’ve been playing Russian roulette with him since I was 12. | 我从12岁开始就和他玩俄罗斯轮盘赌 |
[23:31] | I know them well. | 太了解这些小动作了 |
[23:33] | I’m sorry I wasn’t a better father. | 对不起 我不是个好父亲 |
[23:36] | Could we please do without the overt display of emotion? | 能不能不要露骨地表达感情? |
[23:39] | I know they make you feel uncomfortable. | 我知道这样让你感到不舒服 |
[23:43] | How many fathers hand their daughter a fencing blade when she’s five? | 有多少父亲在女儿五岁的时候 就把击剑刀交给她? |
[23:47] | Your saber strokes were an essay in perfection. | 你的剑法完美无瑕 |
[23:50] | Or teach her how to swim with sharks? | 或者教她怎么和鲨鱼一起游泳? |
[23:52] | They found you as cold-blooded as I do. | 人们发现你和我一样冷血 |
[23:55] | The right way to flay a rattlesnake? | 如何正确剥响尾蛇的皮? |
[23:57] | They really do taste like chicken when prepared properly. | 如果准备得当 吃起来的确像鸡肉 |
[24:00] | The point is, you taught me how to be strong and independent. | 重点是你教会了我如何坚强和独立 |
[24:04] | How to navigate myself in a world full of treachery and prejudice. | 如何在一个充满背叛和偏见的世界中 自己找到出路 |
[24:08] | You are the reason I understand how imperative it is | 是你让我明白 永远不要迷失自我 |
[24:11] | that I never lose sight of myself. | 是多么重要 |
[24:16] | So as far as fatherhood goes, I would say you’ve been more than adequate. | 所以作为一个父亲 我觉得你已经很称职了 |
[24:23] | Gracias, Wednesday. | 谢谢你 星期三 |
[24:31] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[24:34] | How the hell did you get in? | 你是怎么进来的? |
[24:37] | Bernice? Bernice! | 柏妮丝?柏妮丝! |
[24:39] | Bernice may or may not have received a call that her tabby cat Swifty | 柏妮丝可能接到电话说 她的虎斑猫斯威夫蒂被绑架 |
[24:42] | is being held for ransom. | 交付赎金后才能要回 |
[24:44] | My father did not kill Garrett Gates. | 加勒特盖茨不是我父亲杀的 |
[24:47] | Well, I have his signed confession, | 我有他签名的供词 |
[24:49] | and he identified the saber he used to do it. | 他还指认了被他用作凶器的军刀 |
[24:52] | Both of which I’m about to deliver to the District Attorney. | 这两样东西我都要交给地区检察官了 |
[24:54] | Don’t you find the timing convenient? | 你不觉得时机有点巧吗? |
[24:57] | The coroner kills himself out of remorse for a decades-old murder case | 验尸官因几十年前的谋杀案愧疚自杀 |
[25:00] | the very weekend my father, your prime suspect, | 而就在这个周末 我的父亲 你们的头号嫌疑人 |
[25:03] | deigns to return to town. | 正巧回到镇上 |
[25:05] | All I see is a guilty man who’s finally going to pay for his crime. | 我只看到一个 终于要为自己的罪行付出代价的罪人 |
[25:09] | And cuffing him myself, oh, that was the icing on the cake. | 我亲手把他铐起来 噢 那真是锦上添花 |
[25:12] | How are you failing to see that someone is | 警长 你怎么就看不出来 |
[25:14] | desperately trying to derail my investigation? | 有人在拼命阻挠我的调查呢? |
[25:17] | I found the monster’s cave, and I gave you the DNA evidence. | 我找到了怪物的洞穴 还给了你基因证据 |
[25:20] | Did you even bother to test it? | 你有进行检测吗? |
[25:22] | This may come as a shock, but the world doesn’t revolve around you. | 你或许想不到这个 但地球并不绕着你转 亚当斯 |
[25:26] | Here. DNA results. | 给 基因检测结果 |
[25:29] | No match. Inconclusive. | 无法匹配 无法定论 |
[25:31] | So you truly believe this is all some coincidence? | 你真的相信这一切都是巧合吗? |
[25:35] | Whoever hurt Eugene also murdered the coroner. | 伤害尤金的人也杀了验尸官 |
[25:37] | Unfortunately, someone sabotaged the security camera in the morgue, | 很不幸 有人破坏了停尸房的摄像头 |
[25:40] | so we don’t know what happened. | 所以我们不知道发生了什么 |
[25:42] | They stuck bubblegum on the lens. | 有人把泡泡糖粘在摄像头上 |
[25:44] | Black bubblegum. | 黑色泡泡糖 |
[25:47] | Maybe I should run DNA on that? | 也许我也该检测一下那个基因? |
[25:49] | Someone is trying to throw me off my game. This is all a distraction. | 有人想扰乱我 让我发挥失常 这就是调虎离山之计 |
[25:52] | No, this is about justice being served. | 不 这是为了伸张正义 |
[25:55] | Garrett Gates’s family deserves closure, | 加勒特盖茨一家应该获得心安 |
[25:58] | even if none of them are around to take comfort in it. | 即使他们已然不在 无法得到安慰 |
[26:01] | What happened to them? | 他们怎么了? |
[26:02] | His mother hung herself in the backyard. | 他母亲在后院上吊自杀 |
[26:04] | His father drank himself to an early grave. | 他父亲酗酒至死 |
[26:06] | Even his little sister didn’t escape. | 甚至他的妹妹也难逃厄运 |
[26:08] | She was orphaned, sent overseas, ended up drowning. | 她成了孤儿 被送到海外 最后溺水身亡 |
[26:13] | Every last one of them’s gone. | 他家里的人都死绝了 |
[26:15] | Your father doesn’t just have Garrett’s blood on his hands, | 你父亲手上不仅沾满了加勒特的鲜血 |
[26:17] | he’s got the whole damn family’s. | 还沾满了他整个家族的鲜血 |
[26:36] | Here. I brought you a gift. | 给 我给你带了礼物 |
[26:39] | That’s so sweet. You didn’t have to get me anything. | 真贴心 不用给我礼物的 |
[26:42] | I know, but I thought we got off on the wrong foot this weekend. | 我知道 但我觉得 这周末一开始时我们有点误会 |
[26:48] | I just want you to know that all I want is the very best for you. | 我只是想让你知道 我唯一的愿望就是你一切都好 |
[27:07] | What are these? | 这些都是什么? |
[27:09] | Brochures. | 宣传册 |
[27:11] | For summer camp. | 去夏令营的 |
[27:12] | These aren’t just ordinary summer camps. | 这些不是普通的夏令营 |
[27:16] | These are camps for lycanthropy conversion. | 这是帮助变成狼人的夏令营 |
[27:18] | Oh, no need to be dramatic, Enid. | 不用这么大惊小怪 伊妮德 |
[27:21] | You want to send me to conversion therapy for werewolves? | 你想送我去接受狼人转化治疗? |
[27:24] | It worked wonders for your cousin Lucille, didn’t it? | 这对你的表妹露西尔 就很有效 不是吗? |
[27:27] | Seven weeks in the Balkan countryside | 在巴尔干半岛的乡村待了七个星期 |
[27:29] | and she was howling at the moon in no time. | 她很快就对着月亮嚎叫起来 |
[27:32] | As it should be. | 完美的化狼方式 |
[27:34] | Don’t you want to wolf out and finally be normal, honey? | 你不想化成狼人 最终变得正常吗 亲爱的? |
[27:50] | Go away. | 走开 |
[27:53] | You forgot your fishing gear. | 你忘了带钓鱼工具 |
[28:03] | Stop trying to be nice. | 别装好人了 |
[28:05] | It doesn’t suit you. | 不适合你 |
[28:08] | Father packed your favorite bait. | 父亲装了你最喜欢的鱼饵 |
[28:27] | What’ll happen to him now? | 他之后会怎么样? |
[28:30] | Well, he’s confessed, so there won’t be a trial. | 他已经认罪 所以不会有审判 |
[28:33] | After he’s sentenced, he’ll be sent to a state penitentiary, | 他会被判刑 随后被送到州立监狱 |
[28:36] | where he’ll lose his mind being separated from Mother. | 在那里 他将因与母亲分开而失去理智 |
[28:41] | Did you know they haven’t spent a night apart since they tied the knot? | 你知道他们结婚后 一晚也没分开过吗? |
[28:45] | I always thought I’d be the first one in the family behind bars. | 我一直以为 我会是家里第一个进监狱的人 |
[28:48] | Lurch and I had a bet going. | 我和路奇打过赌 |
[28:54] | Come on. Let’s see if the fish are biting. | 来吧 我们看看鱼是否上钩 |
[29:06] | That’s quite a catch. | 大丰收啊 |
[29:10] | I’m gonna miss him, Wednesday. | 我会想他的 星期三 |
[29:11] | It’s not over yet. He’s innocent. | 这事未成定局 他是无辜的 |
[29:15] | Well, | 既然如此 |
[29:16] | if anyone can figure out who really committed the crime… | 如果有谁能找出真正的凶手… |
[29:21] | it’s you. | 那肯定是你了 |
[29:22] | You have to find out the truth and free Dad. | 你必须找出真相 还爸爸自由 |
[29:25] | Well, until that happens, we both know Mother will be falling apart. | 在那之前 你我都知道母亲会崩溃 |
[29:31] | Which means we have to be strong. | 也就是说我们要坚强 |
[29:33] | And by “we,” I mean you. | 我说的“我们” 其实是指你 |
[29:38] | Now, give me one of those. | 好了 给我一个 |
[29:55] | Where is Mother anyway? | 话说母亲去哪里了? |
[29:57] | She said she wanted to be alone. | 她说她想独自静静 |
[29:59] | Somewhere where no one would find her. | 一个没人能找到她的地方 |
[30:15] | Hello, Mother. | 你好 母亲 |
[30:19] | Hello, Wednesday. | 你好 星期三 |
[30:22] | So you’re a Nightshade. | 所以你也加入了夜影社 |
[30:24] | That didn’t take long. | 真够快的 |
[30:25] | Actually, I rejected them. | 其实我拒绝了他们的邀请 |
[30:28] | Why? Because I was a member? | 为什么?因为我曾是社员? |
[30:29] | I’ll never live up to your legacy here, | 我在这里永远无法企及你的传承 |
[30:32] | so why try? | 何必努力呢? |
[30:35] | I win the Poe Cup, you claimed it four times. | 我赢了爱伦坡杯 你四次夺冠 |
[30:38] | I join the fencing team, you captained it. | 我加入了击剑队 而你曾是队长 |
[30:42] | Why would you send me somewhere I could only ever exist in your shadow? | 你为什么要把我送到一个 我只能存在于你阴影下的地方? |
[30:46] | It’s not a competition, Wednesday. | 这不是比赛 星期三 |
[30:48] | Everything is a competition, Mother. | 一切皆是比赛 母亲 |
[30:52] | But mostly I rejected them because they’re a trivial social club. | 但我拒绝他们 主要是因为 这只是个微不足道的社交俱乐部 |
[30:55] | We used to be so much more. | 我们曾经不止如此 |
[30:58] | Our mission was to protect outcasts from harm and bigotry. | 我们的使命是 保护异类免受伤害和偏见 |
[31:03] | In fact, the group was started by an ancestor of your father’s from Mexico. | 其实这个组织 是由你父亲来自墨西哥的祖先创立的 |
[31:08] | One of the first settlers in America. | 美国最早的一批移民 |
[31:11] | Goody. | 古迪 |
[31:14] | I saw her painting at Pilgrim World. | 我在朝圣者世界看到了她的画 |
[31:17] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:20] | How ironic, since she was the one who killed Joseph Crackstone. | 真讽刺 因为是她杀了约瑟夫克莱斯通 |
[31:24] | The Nightshades were her secret, but deadly, answer to his oppression. | 夜影社是她秘密应对他压迫的 致命招数 |
[31:32] | I know why you’ve come here, Wednesday. | 我知道你为何而来 星期三 |
[31:36] | So go on. Ask. | 问吧 |
[31:40] | Father didn’t kill Garrett Gates, did he? | 父亲没有杀加勒特盖茨 对吧? |
[31:45] | No. | 是的 |
[31:50] | By the time I made it up the stairs, | 等我上楼之后 |
[31:52] | I found your father fighting for his life. It was terrifying. | 发现你的父亲正拼命抵抗 让人胆战心惊 |
[31:56] | Garrett, no! | 加勒特 不要! |
[32:08] | Garrett! | 加勒特! |
[32:09] | Garrett, stop! | 加勒特 住手! |
[32:10] | Leave him alone! | 放开他! |
[32:18] | I’ll never forget the way he looked at me. | 我永远不会忘记他看我的眼神 |
[32:23] | He was even foaming at the mouth. | 他甚至口泛白沫 |
[32:27] | It was like I was staring into the eyes of a rabid beast. | 就好像我正盯着的 是一头狂暴野兽的眼睛 |
[32:49] | Oh, no. | 噢 不 |
[32:57] | It was only when I heard the scream | 直到听到尖叫声 |
[32:59] | that I realized what I’d done. | 我才意识到自己做了什么 |
[33:02] | Your father was so… | 你父亲是那么… |
[33:06] | calm and brave. | 冷静和勇敢 |
[33:17] | Tish, you need to leave right now. | 蒂什 你需要马上离开 |
[33:20] | Go to your room and lock the door. | 回到你的房间 把门锁上 |
[33:23] | You were never here. | 你从没来过这里 |
[33:24] | -You understand me? | 你明白吗? |
[33:26] | Morticia? | 魔蒂夏? |
[33:29] | Put this back on the table. | 把这个放回桌上 |
[33:32] | -Go. -Okay. | -快走 -好 |
[33:39] | Your father took the blame in order to protect me. | 你父亲为了保护我而承担了罪责 |
[33:47] | I was so grateful when they cleared him of any wrongdoing. | 我很感激他们后来为他洗清罪名 |
[33:50] | But I knew, | 但我知道 |
[33:53] | someday this would come back to haunt us. | 总有一天 这件事会再度纠缠我们 |
[34:01] | You said Garrett was foaming at the mouth. | 你刚才说加勒特口泛白沫 |
[34:03] | His eyes didn’t look human. | 眼睛看起来不像人类 |
[34:06] | I’ve never seen someone so blinded by rage. | 我从没见过如此被愤怒蒙蔽双眼的人 |
[34:10] | Maybe it wasn’t rage at all. | 也许那根本就不是愤怒 |
[34:12] | Foaming saliva, dilated pupils, mental confusion. | 口泛白沫 瞳孔放大 精神错乱 |
[34:16] | What are those all textbook symptoms of? | 这些都是什么的典型症状? |
[34:25] | But how can that be? | 但这怎么可能呢? |
[34:27] | There’s only one way to find out. | 只有一个办法能知道 |
[34:33] | This reminds me of when you got your first grave-digging kit. | 这让我想起了 你得到第一套挖墓工具的时候 |
[34:37] | You were so happy, you nearly smiled. | 你开心得都快笑出来了 |
[34:40] | Are you sure you don’t want to join? | 你确定不想加入吗? |
[34:43] | Uh… mm… No, that’s okay, darling. | 还是算了 亲爱的 |
[34:45] | I don’t want to spoil your fun. | 我不想破坏你的乐趣 |
[35:00] | Moment of truth. | 真相大白的时刻 |
[35:09] | Hello, Garrett. | 你好 加勒特 |
[35:12] | I was right. | 我是对的 |
[35:14] | Well, well, what do we have here? | 瞧瞧这是谁啊 |
[35:19] | Guess there’s gonna be an Addams family reunion | 看来今晚亚当斯一家 |
[35:21] | in lockup tonight. | 要在拘留所团聚了 |
[35:23] | You’re both under arrest. | 你们俩都被捕了 |
[35:27] | Get comfortable. You can post bail in the morning. | 适应一下吧 明早就可以交保释金了 |
[35:33] | Not even the long arm of the law could keep us apart. | 即使是恢恢法网也无法将我们分开 |
[35:35] | At least we’ll have one last night together. | 至少我们还能共度最后一晚 |
[35:37] | Yes. | 对 |
[35:38] | I’ve seen jackals with more self-control than you two. | 我见过豺狼都比你俩有自制力 |
[35:43] | Neither one of you are strong enough to serve hard time. | 你们两个都受不了年久的牢狱之灾 |
[35:47] | And thanks to me, you won’t have to. | 多亏我 你们省去遭罪了 |
[35:48] | I knew our little jailbird would have an escape plan. | 我就知道我们的小囚犯会有逃跑计划 |
[35:53] | It’s a souvenir from our outing. I borrowed it from Garrett. | 这是我们刚才外出的纪念品 我从加勒特那里借来的 |
[35:58] | He died from nightshade poisoning. | 他死于龙葵中毒 |
[36:00] | The remarkable preservation of soft tissue and blue tint confirms it. | 保存完好的软组织 和蓝色光泽证实了这一点 |
[36:04] | -Which means Garrett was dying– -Before you stabbed him. | -也就是说加勒特当时已命不久矣… -在你刺伤他之前 |
[36:10] | You look even more ravishing as an innocent woman. | 你作为一个无辜的女人 看起来更加迷人 |
[36:13] | Yes. | 是 |
[36:14] | For once, could you two get off of each other and focus. | 你俩这次能不能放开对方 集中注意力 |
[36:19] | Prove to me you’re still worthy to be called my son! | 向我证明你仍然有资格当我的儿子! |
[36:22] | Kill all those outcasts! | 杀死所有异类! |
[36:24] | Sneak into that dance and spike the punch bowl. | 偷偷溜进舞会 在潘趣酒里下药 |
[36:28] | Addams! | 亚当斯! |
[36:34] | Wednesday. | 星期三 |
[36:39] | Did you have a vision? | 你看到幻象了吗? |
[36:42] | What happened? | 是什么情况? |
[36:44] | What did you see? | 你看到了什么? |
[36:47] | The night Garrett died, | 加勒特死的那天晚上 |
[36:48] | he had a vial of nightshade poison that broke in his pocket. | 他的口袋里有一小瓶 打破了的龙葵毒药 |
[36:52] | He wasn’t just trying to kill father. | 他不只是想杀父亲 |
[36:55] | He was going to use the nightshade poison to murder the entire school. | 他打算用龙葵毒杀整个学校 |
[37:05] | Thank you for seeing us at such short notice, Mr. Mayor. | 谢谢你在这么短时间内接见我们 镇长先生 |
[37:08] | Yes, well, veiled threats have that effect. | 是啊 绵里藏针的威胁的确管用 |
[37:11] | Garrett Gates wasn’t killed by a stab wound. | 加勒特盖茨不是被刺死的 |
[37:19] | That blue sheen is a telltale sign of nightshade poisoning. | 那种蓝色的光泽是龙葵中毒的表现 |
[37:23] | But you already knew that, didn’t you? | 但你已经知道了 不是吗? |
[37:26] | Because back when you were sheriff, | 因为那时你是警长 |
[37:28] | you were in charge and covered it up. | 负责此案 掩盖了真相 |
[37:37] | Ansel Gates hated outcasts and Nevermore. | 安塞尔盖茨痛恨异类和奈弗莫尔学院 |
[37:41] | He claimed the land the school was built on | 他声称学校所在的土地 |
[37:44] | was stolen from his family over 200 years ago. | 是200多年前从他家偷走的 |
[37:48] | Garrett went there that night to spike the punch | 加勒特那晚去那里 是为了在潘趣酒里下毒 |
[37:51] | and kill all the kids at that dance. | 害死派对上所有的孩子 |
[37:54] | Ansel confessed the whole thing to me in a drunken stupor. | 安塞尔在醉酒后向我坦白了一切 |
[37:57] | It was his idea. | 那是他的主意 |
[37:58] | Why did you instruct Dr. Anwar to falsify the autopsy report? | 你为什么要安沃医生伪造尸检报告? |
[38:02] | You knew the truth about how he really died. | 你知道他真正的死因 |
[38:04] | Listen, my job was to keep the peace. | 听着 我的职责是维持和平 |
[38:08] | If there had been a trial, | 如果进行庭审 |
[38:09] | Jericho’s and Nevermore’s reputations would have been trashed. | 杰里科和奈弗莫尔学院的名声 就会毁于一旦 |
[38:12] | I think the only reputation you were worried about ruining was your own. | 我觉得你只是担心 自己的名声被毁掉吧 |
[38:17] | I remember Garrett bragging to me | 我记得加勒特跟我吹嘘 |
[38:19] | that his father had the sheriff in his pocket. | 说他父亲收买了警长 |
[38:22] | One year later, you get elected mayor. Hmm. | 一年后 你当选市长 |
[38:26] | No doubt with the full support of Ansel Gates. | 毫无疑问 是在安塞尔盖茨的全力支持下 |
[38:28] | I resent your implication. | 我很不满你的暗示 |
[38:31] | What I resent is that you could have prevented Garrett’s death | 我不满的是 如果你在我投诉加勒特跟踪我时 |
[38:34] | if you had done your job when I lodged my complaint about him stalking me. | 做好本职工作 他也不至于丢掉性命 |
[38:40] | But no. | 但你没有 |
[38:41] | Men like you have no idea what it feels like not to be believed. | 像你这样的人根本不知道 不被相信是什么感觉 |
[38:53] | What do you want? | 你想怎样? |
[38:58] | All charges dropped. | 撤销所有指控 |
[39:00] | My father will be released immediately | 立即释放我父亲 |
[39:02] | with a full and unequivocal apology from the sheriff’s office. | 警长办公室作出全面且明确的道歉 |
[39:08] | Do we have a deal? | 成交与否? |
[39:23] | You were very impressive in there. | 你刚才表现得很出色 |
[39:31] | When did your visions begin? | 你什么时候开始有幻象的? |
[39:36] | A few months ago. | 几个月前 |
[39:38] | -Hmm. -Before I left for Nevermore. | 在我去奈弗莫尔学院之前 |
[39:41] | I’m sorry you didn’t feel you could tell me. | 很抱歉让你觉得无法对我敞开心扉 |
[39:45] | I know we’ve had our difficulties lately. | 我知道我们最近有所隔阂 |
[39:48] | Navigating the treacherous shoals of our mother-daughter relationship. | 在我们母女关系的险滩上艰难航行 |
[39:55] | But I’m always here for you, Wednesday. | 但我永远都是你的后盾 星期三 |
[39:59] | Always. | 永远都是 |
[40:06] | Sometimes when I touch someone or something, | 有时当我触碰某人或某物时 |
[40:09] | I get these very violent glimpses from the past or future. | 就会猛然看到过去或未来的片段 |
[40:14] | I don’t know how to control it. | 我不知道怎么控制 |
[40:17] | Our psychic ability resides on the spectrum of who we are. | 我们的通灵能力取决于各自的本性 |
[40:22] | Given my disposition, | 鉴于我的性格 |
[40:24] | my visions tend to be positive. | 我的幻象往往是积极的 |
[40:26] | That makes me a Dove. | 所以我像白鸽般纯洁 |
[40:28] | And for someone like me? | 像我这样的人呢? |
[40:30] | Who sees the world through a darker lens? | 用黑暗的眼光看世界的人? |
[40:33] | You’re a Raven. | 你是乌鸦 |
[40:35] | Your visions are more potent, more powerful. | 你的幻象更强大 更有力 |
[40:39] | But without the proper training, they can lead to madness. | 但如果没有适当的训练 这些幻象会让你发疯 |
[40:43] | If I could help you, I would, Wednesday. | 如果我能帮你 我一定会的 星期三 |
[40:46] | But we’re not trained by the living. | 但我们不是由活人训练的 |
[40:49] | Somebody from our bloodline reaches out from beyond to help us when we’re ready. | 当我们准备好的时候 我们家族的某个先人会找到你 |
[40:55] | Goody has. | 是古迪 |
[40:57] | I’ve seen her before. | 我之前看见过她 |
[40:58] | Be careful, Wednesday. | 小心 星期三 |
[41:00] | Goody was a witch of great strength, | 古迪是一个力量强大的女巫 |
[41:03] | but her vengeance pushed her too far, | 但她的复仇之心太深 |
[41:06] | and even she couldn’t save herself. | 让她都没办法自救 |
[41:17] | Sorry about all this. | 抱歉一直错怪你 |
[41:20] | I don’t hold grudges, | 我不记仇 |
[41:22] | only blood debts. | 只记血债 |
[41:25] | So, your daughter and my son have become… | 你女儿和我儿子变得… |
[41:30] | close. | 很亲密 |
[41:32] | I pity any boy who gets caught in her viper’s gaze, | 我同情任何一个 被她那毒蛇目光盯上的男孩 |
[41:35] | but he must be a good egg. | 但他一定是个好人 |
[41:37] | She wouldn’t tolerate anything less. | 她眼里揉不得一粒沙子 |
[41:40] | He has his mom to thank for that. | 这得感谢他妈妈 |
[41:53] | Dad! | 爸爸! |
[41:55] | I missed you so much, Dad. I missed you so much. | 我好想你 爸爸 |
[42:01] | Querida. | 亲爱的 |
[42:03] | Mi amor. | 我的挚爱 |
[42:05] | Don’t crowd me. | 别挤我 |
[42:19] | So, it’s decided. Six weeks at Camp Howl. | 那就这么定了 去嚎叫夏令营待六周 |
[42:24] | -You’ll need to pick which activity– -No, I don’t. | -你要挑选做活动… -不 我不选 |
[42:27] | Because I’m not going. | 因为我不去 |
[42:29] | Not this summer. Not ever. | 今年夏天不去 永远都不去 |
[42:30] | If I’m meant to wolf out, then I’m going to do it on my own timeline | 如果我注定要变成狼人 那我会按照自己的节奏 |
[42:34] | and not yours. | 而不是你的 |
[42:37] | I hope that one day, you’ll finally accept me for who I am. | 我只希望有一天你能接受真实的我 |
[42:52] | I’m proud of you, kiddo. | 我为你骄傲 孩子 |
[42:55] | You do you. | 做你自己就好 |
[43:07] | I’ll come back and help you under one condition. | 我会回去帮你 但有一个条件 |
[43:10] | Wait until the school year is over. | 等到学年结束 |
[43:12] | -How do I know you won’t run away again? | 我怎么知道你不会再逃跑? |
[43:15] | -Because we both have too much to lose. But after this, | 因为你我都面临难以承受的后果 但在这之后 |
[43:18] | you and MorningSong are out of my life… forever. | 你和晨歌就消失在我的生活中 我们再无纠葛 |
[43:30] | Don’t push it. | 别太过分 |
[43:34] | Well, at least we can’t say Parents’ Weekend wasn’t a nail-biter. | 至少不能说家长周末不够刺激 |
[43:39] | I knew you didn’t have what it takes to be a murderer. | 我知道你没那个本事成为杀人犯 |
[43:42] | As much as that stings, | 虽然这话不中听 |
[43:45] | gracias, my little death trap. | 谢谢你 我的小死亡陷阱 |
[43:47] | Mwah. | |
[43:54] | As I leafed through the pages of this yearbook, | 我翻阅这本年鉴的时候 |
[43:57] | I was reminded of all the wonderful times I had here. | 想起了我在这里度过的所有美好时光 |
[44:02] | But they were just that. | 但也仅仅如此了 |
[44:05] | Mine. | 只是我的时光 |
[44:07] | You have your own path to blaze. | 你有你自己的道路要去开拓 |
[44:12] | I don’t want to be a stranger in your life, darling. | 我不想成为 你生命中的陌生人 亲爱的 |
[44:15] | If you need me for anything, | 如果你需要我做什么 |
[44:18] | anything at all, | 任何事情 |
[44:21] | I’m only a crystal ball away. | 只需要通过水晶球联系我 |
[44:24] | Thank you, Mother. | 谢谢你 母亲 |
[45:05] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[45:07] | I did witness Rowan getting murdered that night. | 那晚我确实目睹了罗文被谋杀 |
[45:10] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[45:11] | When Rowan appeared the next morning, it was you. | 在第二天早上出现的罗文 其实是你 |
[45:14] | When you participated in the talent show, | 你参加才艺秀时 |
[45:16] | not only did you impersonate Judy Garland, | 不只是模仿了朱迪加兰 |
[45:18] | you became her. | 你变成了她 |
[45:21] | You’re a shape-shifter. | 你是个变形者 |
[45:28] | That’s a fascinating theory. | 真是个有趣的推论 |
[45:31] | I’m curious to find out how Sheriff Galpin feels when I tell him. | 我很好奇等我告诉加尔平警长的时候 他会作何感想 |
[45:37] | You won’t tell a soul, Miss Addams. | 你谁也不许告诉 亚当斯小姐 |
[45:39] | And it wouldn’t matter much if you did. | 就算你说了也没关系 |
[45:42] | Rowan’s father already knows what happened, | 罗文的父亲已经知道真相 |
[45:44] | and he fully supports my decision not to involve the authorities. | 他完全支持我不让当局介入的决定 |
[45:48] | Why would he agree to that? | 他为什么会同意? |
[45:49] | Because Rowan was not in his right mind. | 因为罗文当时已然神志不清 |
[45:53] | His telekinetic abilities were driving him mad | 他的心灵遥感能力快把他逼疯了 |
[45:55] | and he attempted to murder you twice. | 他还两次试图谋杀你 |
[45:58] | His tragic death allowed us to rectify the situation | 他的悲剧性死亡可以让我们纠正局势 |
[46:03] | without casting the school or Rowan in an unflattering light. | 同时不会对学校或罗文造成负面影响 |
[46:07] | You and Mayor Walker are the same, aren’t you? | 你和沃克镇长是一路人 对吧? |
[46:11] | Burying bodies to cover your dirty secrets. | 为了掩盖自己肮脏的秘密而埋葬尸体 |
[46:14] | I did what I needed to do to shield this school from controversy | 我做了自己该做之事 保护这所学校免受争议 |
[46:17] | and protect its students from harm. | 保护学生免受伤害 |
[46:19] | Tell that to Eugene. | 跟尤金说去吧 |
[46:23] | How are you protecting him? | 你怎么保护他的? |
[46:37] | What on earth? | 什么情况? |