时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Morning, Peter. | 早上好 彼得 |
[00:04] | I see your quest for Manhattan’s best brew continues. | 看来你又在追寻曼哈顿的最佳饮品了 |
[00:07] | One’s for you. | 一杯是给你的 |
[00:10] | Yankee tickets. | 洋基队的票 |
[00:11] | Versus the Red Sox. | 对手是红袜队 |
[00:12] | Yeah, I got them from Frankie Whispers. | 对 弗兰基·魏思坡给的 |
[00:14] | I’m not gonna use them. | 我又用不着 |
[00:15] | They’re behind home plate. | 位置就在本垒板后面 |
[00:16] | Oh? I hear that’s good. | 是吗 听说这位置不错 |
[00:19] | You bought coffee, Yankee tickets — | 你又送咖啡又送球票 |
[00:21] | This is not your most subtle con. | 这骗术可不怎么高明 |
[00:22] | Con? Peter, I am hurt that you — | 骗术 彼得 我伤心了… |
[00:24] | You’re trying to get back on my good side. | 你想重新赢得我的好感 |
[00:26] | Is that a crime? | 这也算犯罪吗 |
[00:27] | No. But let’s review what is. | 不算 不过咱们回顾一下整件事 |
[00:30] | Mozzie steals your treasure, and do you report it? | 蚊子偷了宝藏 你报警了吗 |
[00:33] | No. You plot to steal it. | 没有 你跟他合谋 |
[00:34] | We don’t have to do this. | 咱们不必再讨论这个 |
[00:35] | Oh, but we do. | 那可不行 |
[00:36] | We discovered Adler’s U-boat. | 我们发现了阿德勒的潜艇 |
[00:38] | And while you were coming in here, | 你走进办公室 |
[00:40] | looking me right in the eye, | 跟我面对面的时候 |
[00:41] | you were hiding the art under my nose. | 那些宝藏就藏在你身边 |
[00:43] | But that’s not the worst of it. | 但这还不是最坏的部分 |
[00:46] | Look, Peter, I’m sorry. | 彼得 我很抱歉 |
[00:47] | You should be. | 这是应该的 |
[00:49] | I’m sorry Elizabeth was put in danger because of me. | 我很抱歉因为我让伊利莎白身陷险境 |
[00:54] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样了 |
[00:56] | I don’t want to talk about it here. | 不想在这里谈这件事 |
[00:57] | Ok. All right. | 好吧 |
[00:58] | Do you really want to get back on my good side? | 如果你真想得到我的好感 |
[01:00] | Yes. | 真想 |
[01:01] | Then I suggest we dig into the Mortenson real-estate scam. | 那就跟我好好查莫坦森地产骗局 |
[01:04] | You’re right. Focus on work. | 你说得对 专心工作 |
[01:06] | Focus. | 要专心 |
[01:12] | Did Hogwarts book a field trip? | 霍格沃兹预约了学生考察活动吗 |
[01:14] | Looks like it. Jones, who’s that? | 看着像 琼斯 他是谁 |
[01:16] | Oh, uh, Evan Leary. | 埃文·利瑞 |
[01:17] | The kid was sitting in the lobby since 7:00. | 他从7点就坐在大厅里 |
[01:19] | Said he wouldn’t leave until he spoke with a case agent. | 他说要找负责探员 否则不会走 |
[01:22] | He asked to see a case agent. | 他说的他要找负责探员 |
[01:23] | Someone did his homework. | 看来他早有准备 |
[01:24] | 10 points for Gryffindor. Come on. | 葛莱芬多加10分 走 |
[01:28] | Evan? | 埃文 |
[01:29] | Hi. I’m special agent Peter Burke. | 我是彼得·博尔克特别探员 |
[01:32] | Agent Burke. And Agent…? | 博尔克探员 这位探员是… |
[01:33] | Uh, Neal…Caffrey. | 尼尔·卡夫瑞 |
[01:34] | I work here, but I’m not an agent. | 我在这里工作 不过不是探员 |
[01:37] | Took the road less recommended. | 我的职业不适合推荐给你 |
[01:38] | Nice tie. | 领带不错 |
[01:39] | – Manhattan Prep? – Yeah. | -曼哈顿预科学校吗 -对 |
[01:41] | How can we help you, Evan? | 需要我们做什么 埃文 |
[01:43] | Um, could we sit? I brought visual aids. | 能坐下谈吗 我带了图表教案 |
[01:45] | Visual aids. Sure. Let’s go to my office. | 图表教案 当然 来我办公室 |
[01:50] | I’ve been going to Manhattan Prep since 9th grade. | 我9年级时进入曼哈顿预科学校 |
[01:52] | My family’s not rich like most of the kids, | 我没有其他孩子家里那么有钱 |
[01:54] | So I can’t afford tuition. | 我付不起学费 |
[01:55] | And I discovered last week | 上周我发现 |
[01:57] | that my financial aid is being pulled. | 我的助学金被撤消了 |
[01:59] | Excellent presentation. | 讲得真清楚 |
[02:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:01] | If you turn to section 1, you’ll see why I’m here. | 翻到第一部分 你就明白我来的目的了 |
[02:04] | You think someone’s embezzling scholarship money | 你认为有人从学校赞助费里 |
[02:07] | from the school’s endowment. | 挪用奖学金资金 |
[02:08] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[02:09] | It’s his thesis statement. | 这是他的中心论点 |
[02:11] | Look, Evan, | 听我说 埃文 |
[02:12] | Losing your scholarship doesn’t mean someone’s stealing. | 你失去奖学金 并不等于有人偷了它 |
[02:15] | Schools cut funding all the time. | 学校经常缩减经费 |
[02:17] | Of course. But if you look at the graph, | 当然 不过看看这些图表 |
[02:19] | it shows that the endowments stayed pretty even | 学校的赞助费并没有起伏 |
[02:21] | while the financial aid has been dropping | 而助学金降到 |
[02:22] | over the past eight years. | 八年来最低点 |
[02:24] | Where did you get these numbers? | 这些数据是哪里弄的 |
[02:25] | I work at the bursar’s office, and I dug around. | 我在会计室打工时查来的 |
[02:30] | Look, this isn’t just about me. | 这不止是我一个人的事 |
[02:31] | This is about a lot of kids. | 这关系到很多孩子 |
[02:32] | Evan, endowments cover operating costs, salaries. | 埃文 赞助费要覆盖运营成本和工资 |
[02:36] | These numbers aren’t enough to prove embezzlement. | 这些数据不能证明它被挪用了 |
[02:38] | You haven’t gotten to my conclusion yet. | 你还没看到我的结论 |
[02:40] | It’s the red tab. | 看红色标记 |
[02:41] | Oh, yes. I can see the red tab. | 我看见了 |
[02:42] | Says the scholarships started disappearing | 上面说奖学金减少 |
[02:44] | the year Andy Woods took over the endowment fund. | 是从安迪·伍茨接管赞助费那年开始 |
[02:48] | Andy woods? | 安迪·伍茨 |
[02:49] | Yeah. Um, his daughter goes to Manhattan Prep. | 对 他女儿也在曼哈顿预科学校 |
[02:53] | Chloe. She — she’s…very nice. | 克洛伊 她…她人很好 |
[02:57] | But I think Mr. Woods is a bad guy. | 但我认为伍茨先生是个坏人 |
[03:00] | You got one conclusion right. | 你这个结论是正确的 |
[03:02] | Andy woods — American financier | 安迪·伍茨 美国投资家 |
[03:04] | we’ve long suspected of managing money for the Juarez cartel. | 我们一直怀疑他为华雷斯毒枭提供资金 |
[03:08] | Those are some brutal guys to be in business with. | 那些家伙可都是些狠角色 |
[03:10] | Woods may have a corner office, | 伍茨也许坐的是办公室 |
[03:11] | but his methods are definitely from the street. | 但他用的手段都是道上的 |
[03:14] | D.E.A. believes he launders the cash | 毒品管理局认为 |
[03:16] | through investment portfolios. | 他通过投资证券组合洗钱 |
[03:18] | Now, we’ve never had enough to go after him, | 但我们一直没有足够证据抓他 |
[03:20] | But this may be enough to give us an in. | 不过这件事也许是个切入点 |
[03:23] | Neal? | 尼尔 |
[03:23] | We have visual aids. | 我们有些图表教案 |
[03:25] | Now, there are only five, | 现在只有五份 |
[03:26] | so you’ll have to share | 几个人合看一份吧 |
[03:27] | until Wesley gets back with more copies. | 韦斯利已经去复印了 |
[03:29] | – Tabs — nice. – Couple of years ago, | -还标了重点 真贴心 -几年前 |
[03:31] | Woods lost a landmark divorce settlement to Mrs. Woods | 伍茨的离婚协议让他前妻卷走了不少财产 |
[03:33] | after she found out he had a mistress, | 因为她发现他有小三 |
[03:36] | But he made sure to retain custody of their daughter. | 不过他还是保住了女儿的监护权 |
[03:38] | Chloe — 17. | 克洛伊 17岁 |
[03:40] | When she started at Manhattan Prep, | 她进入曼哈顿预科学校后 |
[03:42] | Woods was elected to the board of trustees | 伍茨被选入董事会 |
[03:44] | and put in charge of the endowment fund. | 负责管理赞助费 |
[03:46] | You think he’s treating the endowment | 你认为他把赞助资金 |
[03:48] | like his own piggy bank. | 当成了自己的小金库 |
[03:49] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[03:50] | I’ll approach the school as a wealthy parent | 我会伪装成一名富有的家长到学校去 |
[03:51] | with a teenage son. | 我有个十几岁的儿子 |
[03:53] | I’ll need an alias. | 我需要个假身份 |
[03:54] | Alistair Stone — | 亚利斯泰·斯通 |
[03:56] | A wealthy Hong Kong banker relocating to New York | 富有的香港银行家移居纽约 |
[03:59] | looking for a school for your son, Alistair Jr. | 为儿子小亚利斯泰找学校 |
[04:01] | You like catamarans and cognac. | 你喜欢玩双体船和干邑白兰地 |
[04:03] | It’s like you’re an alias savant. | 你个假身份专家 |
[04:06] | I do like catamarans, | 我是喜欢双体船 |
[04:08] | but let’s go with Peter instead of Alistair. | 不过还是用彼得 不用亚利斯泰 |
[04:10] | Linda’s gonna be upset. | 琳达会不高兴 |
[04:11] | – Linda? – Your wife. | -琳达 -你老婆 |
[04:13] | She affectionately calls you “Ali.” | 她总是深情地叫你亚利 |
[04:15] | She’ll get over it. I’ll schedule a meeting. | 让她凑合凑合吧 我来安排这次会面 |
[04:17] | Let me. I’ll be your amanuensis. | 让我去 我是你的文秘 |
[04:19] | Follow you around, write things down, | 跟着你四处查看 并进行记录 |
[04:20] | – make you look powerful. – My menu what? | -让你看起来权势很大 -秘什么秘 |
[04:23] | Can’t you just say “Assistant”? | 说助理不就得了 |
[04:25] | Not at Manhattan Prep. | 在曼哈顿预科可不行 |
[04:31] | I might have graduated if I had gone somewhere like this. | 如果进了这种学校 我也许能毕业 |
[04:33] | I’m not surprised you like it here. | 这里符合你的风格 |
[04:35] | Even the kindergartners wear ties. | 连幼儿园小朋友都打领带 |
[04:37] | You know, if my sentence gets commuted, | 如果我被减刑 |
[04:39] | I’d consider going back to school. | 我会考虑回学校进修 |
[04:41] | Maybe get a master’s, study abroad, publish. | 也许弄个硕士学位 留学 发论文 |
[04:44] | Don’t get ahead of yourself there, Hemingway. | 海明威说 别干力不能及的事 |
[04:47] | I haven’t decided if I’m gonna close the Keller case. | 我还没想好凯勒的案子结不结 |
[04:50] | I told you — | 我跟你说过… |
[04:51] | Focus on work. | 专心工作 |
[04:52] | Words to live by. | 处世名言 |
[04:56] | My school never had a falconry club. | 我那年头学校可没有训鹰俱乐部 |
[04:58] | Guess Peter Jr. will be the falconer in the family. | 看来小彼得会成为你家的训鹰人 |
[05:00] | Where are you staying while you’re in town, Mr. Stone? | 你来纽约住在哪里 斯通先生 |
[05:02] | The company puts me up at the Four Seasons. | 公司给我订了四季酒店 |
[05:04] | Generous. | 真大方 |
[05:05] | Linda loves the spa. | 琳达喜欢那里的水疗 |
[05:07] | Ah. Too bad she couldn’t make it this trip. | 可惜她这次来不了 |
[05:14] | All right, wait here. | 你在这里等着 |
[05:15] | Just sit on the bench while I meet with Woods. | 我跟伍茨会面时 你老实坐在长椅上 |
[05:22] | Oh. My 11:00. | 预约11点的客人 |
[05:24] | Peter Stone. | 我是彼得·斯通 |
[05:25] | Graham Slater, headmaster here at Manhattan Prep. | 格雷厄姆·斯莱特 曼哈顿预科学校校长 |
[05:27] | Want to welcome you before I introduce you to Andy Woods. | 把你介绍给安迪·伍茨前 我先来迎接你 |
[05:30] | Oh, you’re the warm-up act? | 那你是暖场嘉宾吗 |
[05:31] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[05:40] | You in trouble? | 你惹麻烦了 |
[05:42] | A lot. | 大麻烦 |
[05:44] | I might get expelled. | 也许会被开除 |
[05:47] | Well, that’s no good. | 这可不妙 |
[05:49] | Me and this other kid — | 我和其他孩子… |
[05:51] | Here’s what you do. | 你要这么做 |
[05:53] | Make eye contact. | 要有眼神交流 |
[05:55] | If they nod, you nod. | 他们点头 你也点头 |
[05:56] | Do what they do. | 他们干啥你干啥 |
[05:57] | It makes them think you’re listening. | 这会让他们觉得你听进去了 |
[05:59] | Then you look them in the eye | 然后你要看着他们的眼睛 |
[06:00] | and tell them you’re sorry. | 告诉他们你很抱歉 |
[06:02] | Don’t look down, all right? | 别看别处 明白吗 |
[06:03] | That’s a tell that you’re lying. | 那表明你在撒谎 |
[06:05] | Sweet! | 好主意 |
[06:07] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[06:08] | You didn’t hear that from me. | 别说是跟我学的 |
[06:12] | Oh. Excuse me. Western poetry? | 抱歉 西方诗歌课 |
[06:15] | “I end not far from my going forth | “我在不远处止步 |
[06:16] | By picking the faded blue” — Frost. | “撷一抹褪色的蓝” 弗罗斯特 |
[06:19] | Excellent! | 好极了 |
[06:19] | Mr. Cooper, you’re in the wrong place. | 库珀先生 你等错地方了 |
[06:21] | At least you wore a jacket. | 幸好你穿了西服 |
[06:23] | I think you got me mixed up — | 我看你误会… |
[06:23] | If I had a song for every substitute | 如果给每个我在这大厅里 |
[06:26] | I had to track down in these halls, | 找过的代课老师写首歌 |
[06:27] | I’d be Aretha Franklin. | 我就成艾瑞莎·弗兰克林[歌星]了 |
[06:35] | Uh, I need to call my supervisor — | 我得给我上司打个电话… |
[06:36] | Bell’s about to ring, Mr. Cooper. You’ll be late. | 快打铃了 库珀先生 你要迟到了 |
[06:40] | What kind of an example would that set? | 那会给学生多坏的影响 |
[06:43] | Don’t know how you make teenagers care about reading. | 不懂你怎么让十几岁的学生喜欢阅读 |
[06:46] | You just have to be willing to focus on the work. | 只要你愿意专心工作就行了 |
[06:49] | So, where’s my class? | 教室在哪 |
[06:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:08] | We have three grand masters for working with our chess team. | 有三位大师指导我们的国际象棋队 |
[07:12] | Probably a better life skill than falconry. | 这是比训鹰更好的生活技能 |
[07:16] | Andy. | 安迪 |
[07:17] | Meet Peter Stone. | 这位是彼得·斯通 |
[07:19] | Mr. Stone, meet Andy Woods. | 斯通先生 这位是安迪·伍茨 |
[07:22] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[07:22] | Prescott’s shaping up to be the next Fischer. | 普莱斯科特会成为下一个费舍尔 |
[07:25] | That’s what I love about this school — | 这也是我爱这所学校的原因 |
[07:27] | They push the kids. | 他们督促孩子们 |
[07:30] | Well, I will leave you two. | 你们慢慢聊 我先走了 |
[07:32] | Mr. Stone, I hope to see Peter Jr. at Manhattan Prep. | 斯通先生 我希望在曼哈顿预科学校见到小彼得 |
[07:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:39] | Well, you know what they say — | 有个说法 |
[07:41] | Play the man, not the board. | 用好棋子 别只盯着棋盘 |
[07:43] | Never played chess. | 没下过国际象棋 |
[07:44] | Grew up in a rough neighborhood, public schools, | 在很糟的环境下长大 公立学校 |
[07:46] | worked for everything I have. | 为了我的所有倾尽一切努力 |
[07:48] | So did I. Nothing wrong with that. | 我也是 那不是丢人的事 |
[07:50] | No. But, uh, nothing’s better than a school with connections. | 是的 但有关系的学校最好不过了 |
[07:54] | It’ll set you up for life. | 让人终生受益啊 |
[07:56] | That’s this place. | 这里就是 |
[07:57] | You have a son here? | 你的儿子也在这上学吗 |
[07:58] | A dauger — Chloe. A junior. | 女儿 克洛伊 高三[美国高中四年] |
[08:01] | Keeps me on my toes. | 时刻让我操心 |
[08:02] | Yeah, always wondering what they’re up to next. | 是啊 总是在想他们下一步会做什么 |
[08:05] | Oh, your son’s a handful, too, huh? | 你儿子也不省心吧 |
[08:07] | He’s very intelligent but impulsive. | 他很聪明 但是爱冲动 |
[08:10] | His moves tend to land him in trouble. | 他的行为总使他陷入麻烦 |
[08:12] | The bright ones always try to break the rules. | 智者总是善于打破常规 |
[08:14] | Well, I want to give him the best shot at life. | 我希望他能得到最好的机会 |
[08:17] | I know it’s gonna cost me. | 我知道会花费不少 |
[08:21] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[08:23] | Adams, bring the car around while I give Peter a tour. | 亚当斯 把车开过来 我带彼得去转转 |
[08:26] | Send your son here. He’ll fall in line. | 把你儿子送到这 他会规规矩矩 |
[08:29] | He won’t be able to pull anything at Manhattan Prep. | 在曼哈顿预科学校可别想胡作非为 |
[08:39] | Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it! | 该死 该死 该死 |
[08:41] | Is this Mr. Brooks’ English class? | 这是布鲁克斯先生的英语课教室吗 |
[08:43] | I slept through my damn alarm. | 闹铃响没听到 睡过了 |
[08:44] | You must be Mr. Cooper. | 你一定是库珀先生 |
[08:46] | And the trains were delayed. | 火车又晚点 |
[08:48] | Do you have anything for a headache? | 你有治头痛的药吗 |
[08:50] | No. | 没有 |
[08:52] | You got a little something on your shirt there. | 你衬衫上有东西 |
[08:54] | Yeah. They’re gonna be watching this baby, not me. | 是啊 他们会看这个 不会看我 |
[08:57] | That’ll kill an hour. | 应该能撑过一个小时 |
[08:58] | Actually, you could have slept in, | 事实上 你本可以继续睡 |
[08:59] | ’cause there’s been a mix-up. | 因为他们搞错了 |
[09:00] | I’m Mr. Brooks. | 我就是布鲁克斯先生 |
[09:02] | My vacation’s not until next week. | 我的假期下周才开始 |
[09:04] | I’m sorry you came all this way for nothing. | 你大老远跑来 真是太抱歉了 |
[09:06] | It ain’t no thing. | 没关系 |
[09:07] | They call me — they have to pay me, right? | 他们打电话给我 就得给钱 不是吗 |
[09:09] | I’ll make sure of it. | 我会确保这一点 |
[09:10] | This day turned out all right. | 今天看来还不错 |
[09:32] | Hi. I’m Mr. Cooper. | 大家好 我是库珀老师 |
[09:34] | I’ll be filling in for Mr. Brooks. | 我来给布鲁克斯先生代课 |
[09:37] | Let’s see. | 我来看看 |
[09:39] | All right. According to the lesson plan, | 根据课程计划 |
[09:41] | today we’ll be continuing with romantic poetry. | 我们要继续学习爱情诗 |
[09:46] | No poets in the class? | 班里没诗人吗 |
[09:47] | Scansion’s like math. | 韵律跟数学一样无聊 |
[09:49] | Marking the lines — it kills the romance. | 划诗句 岂不是糟蹋了爱情 |
[09:53] | Close your books. | 合上书 |
[09:56] | Forget about structure for a minute. | 先别去想结构 |
[09:59] | Just listen. | 细心听 |
[10:02] | She walks in beauty, | 她走在美的光彩中 |
[10:04] | like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies | 皎洁无云 繁星漫天 |
[10:08] | and all that’s best of dark and bright | 明与暗的最美妙的色泽 |
[10:10] | meet in her aspect and her eyes, | 在她的仪容和秋波里呈现 |
[10:13] | thus mellowed to that tender light | 耀目的白天只嫌光太强 |
[10:15] | which heaven to gaudy day denies, | 它比那光亮柔和而幽暗 |
[10:17] | one shade the more, one ray the less, | 增加或减少一份明与暗 |
[10:19] | had half impaired the nameless grace | 就会损害这难言的美 |
[10:21] | that waves in every raven tress | 美波动在她乌黑的发上 |
[10:25] | or softly lightens o’er her face. | 或者散布淡淡的光辉 在那脸庞 |
[10:31] | You’ve checked in to me. | 你查过我 |
[10:32] | You know what I do, what I earn, | 你知道我做什么 赚多少 |
[10:34] | and if I decide to enroll my son, | 如果我决定让我儿子入学 |
[10:35] | You’re gonna hit me up for a donation. | 你会让我捐一笔款 |
[10:37] | Might have been a little more nuanced, but, uh, yeah. | 可能略有差别 但没错 |
[10:40] | Tuition doesn’t cover all of this. | 学费可涵盖不了所有开销 |
[10:42] | We ask parents and alumni to contribute. | 我们请求家长和校友资助 |
[10:45] | Where does the money go? | 钱都用在什么地方了 |
[10:46] | It gets spread around, | 用在各处 |
[10:47] | but the majority goes into our endowment fund. | 但大部分都用到我们的捐助基金了 |
[10:50] | I need specifics. | 我要知道得详细点 |
[10:51] | Donors trust us to put the money where it’ll be most useful. | 资助者相信我们会把钱用在最需要的地方 |
[10:55] | I also invest a percentage. | 我也投入了一些 |
[10:57] | We want our money to make money. | 我们希望钱生钱 |
[10:59] | You had to have taken a hit lately. | 最近肯定赔了一些 |
[11:01] | Everybody has, but we’ve done better than most. | 所有人都一样 但我们比大多人赔的少 |
[11:04] | Get me the numbers. I’ll think about it. | 钱数告诉我 我考虑一下 |
[11:12] | Long time since I’ve been in shop class. | 我好久没上过工艺课了 |
[11:14] | I love shop. | 我喜欢工艺 |
[11:16] | Something satisfying about doing things with your hands. | 亲手制作有一种特别的满足感 |
[11:20] | Pulled the car around. | 车停过来了 |
[11:22] | Where are you staying while you’re in town? | 你在市里住在哪儿 |
[11:23] | – The Four Seasons. I have a suite. – I know. | -四季酒店 我有个套房 -我知道 |
[11:26] | I asked the hotel to put a bottle of champagne in your suite. | 我让酒店给你的套房送了一瓶香槟 |
[11:30] | They told me you checked in… | 他们说你入住了 |
[11:33] | but they never saw you. | 但他们从没见过你 |
[11:35] | And there were no bags in the room. | 房间里也没有行李 |
[11:38] | I don’t see how that’s any of your business. | 这关你什么事 |
[11:40] | You lie — maybe your son lies. | 你说谎 或许你儿子也说谎 |
[11:43] | And that’s not the kind of student we want here. | 我们可不想要这样的学生 |
[11:46] | I’d like an explanation. | 我希望你解释一下 |
[11:51] | I came here without my wife, okay? | 我没和我妻子一起来 好吗 |
[11:54] | Decided to spend the first night in town with a friend. | 我决定第一晚在市里的”朋友”家住 |
[11:58] | She lives in the West Village. | 她住在西区 |
[12:00] | If Linda found out, | 如果琳达发现 |
[12:02] | she’d make me pay. | 她会让我付出代价 |
[12:09] | Happened with the first Mrs. Woods. | 和第一任伍茨太太就发生过这种事 |
[12:13] | Expensive mistake. | 昂贵的错误 |
[12:18] | No. | 不 |
[12:22] | Thank you for the tour. | 感谢你带我参观 |
[12:24] | You can send those endowment documents to my hotel. | 你可以把捐款文件发到我酒店 |
[12:27] | And if you’re not there… | 如果你不在 |
[12:29] | I’ll know why. | 我知道为什么 |
[12:33] | You need anything else, you let me know. | 有其他需要 尽管告诉我 |
[12:35] | All right. | 好 |
[12:36] | – Yes, Jen. – The magic hand of chance — Keats. | -珍 -偶然的神笔 济慈 |
[12:39] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[12:41] | Chloe. | 克洛伊 |
[12:42] | What’s in a name? | 名字有何用 |
[12:43] | That which we call a rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet. | 玫瑰换一个名字 依旧芳香四溢 |
[12:47] | Ah, the Bard. | 莎翁 |
[12:48] | No one did it better than Shakespeare. | 没有人比莎士比亚更棒 |
[12:49] | I went to Italy with my dad. | 我跟我爸爸一起去了意大利 |
[12:51] | Made him take me to Verona. | 让他带我去了维罗纳 |
[12:53] | “Romeo and Juliet” is my favorite. | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》是我的最爱 |
[12:55] | Tragic romance. I know it well. | 悲剧的爱情 我很了解 |
[13:00] | Lord Byron was described as mad, bad, and dangerous to know. | 拜伦被人认为是疯狂 恶劣而危险 |
[13:04] | But he sure had a way with words. | 但是他文笔流畅 辞藻华丽 |
[13:07] | Don’t mind me. | 忽略我 |
[13:08] | I’m just here to observe, try to learn something. | 我就是来旁听 跟着学点东西 |
[13:12] | Of course. Have a seat. | 当然 请坐 |
[13:14] | Lord Byron wasn’t the only poet to rebel against convention. | 拜伦不是第一个挑战传统的诗人 |
[13:18] | But some poets had to answer to someone, didn’t they? | 但有些诗人总得听从某人 不是吗 |
[13:21] | Like a patron who made their careers possible? | 比如某个能使他事业发达的恩主 |
[13:24] | We raise our hands in class. | 在班上提问题要举手哦 |
[13:29] | Yes. | 请说 |
[13:31] | What if said poet worked for a patron | 如果提到这个诗人为恩主工作 |
[13:33] | and his poetry was perceived as insubordinate? | 他的诗却极为不屈从 怎么办 |
[13:38] | Well, most patrons respected the poet’s process. | 大多数恩主都要尊重诗人的创作 |
[13:41] | Straying from the course was considered artistic license. | 不走寻常路被认为是艺术家的特质 |
[13:44] | But was a wayward poet ever punished, | 但任性的诗人有没有被惩罚 |
[13:46] | say, by being locked in a garrote somewhere? | 比如说 被绞死 |
[13:51] | I’d have to do some research. | 我得查一查才知道 |
[13:54] | All right. I humbly give you leave to depart. | 好了 我允许你们休息了 |
[13:57] | Mr…Cooper? | 库珀老师 |
[13:59] | I’ll need to talk to you after class. | 课后我要跟你谈谈 |
[14:08] | I said sit on the bench, | 我让你坐长椅上 |
[14:10] | not re-enact “Dead Poets Society.” | 没让你重演《死亡诗社》 |
[14:11] | You said focus on work. | 你说专心工作 |
[14:13] | I did. I did say that. | 好吧 我说了 |
[14:14] | I found out Woods’ daughter was in the class. | 我发现伍茨的女儿在班上 |
[14:16] | It seemed relevant to the case. | 跑去代课跟案子有关啊 |
[14:17] | Do you know how many parents would be up in arms | 你知道如果学生家长知道自己的孩子 |
[14:19] | if they knew their teenager was being taught by a felon? | 被重罪犯教课 会有多少人来抗议吗 |
[14:22] | Oh, trust me. | 相信我 |
[14:22] | It is better than being taught by the real Mr. Cooper. | 我肯定比真正的库珀老师教得好 |
[14:24] | While you were spouting Byron, | 你在吟诗的时候 |
[14:27] | I was being intimidated by Woods. | 伍茨给我来了个下马威 |
[14:29] | Oh, he’s more paranoid than I thought. | 他比我想象得还要多疑 |
[14:30] | Yeah, but my cover’s safe. | 是啊 但我的身份没有暴露 |
[14:32] | Look, I’m gonna go back to the office | 我得回办公室 |
[14:34] | to break down those endowment numbers. | 搞定捐款的钱 |
[14:35] | You — you’re done for the day. | 你今天没有其他工作了 |
[14:36] | Go home. | 乖乖回家 |
[14:37] | Oh, good. | 好 |
[14:38] | That’ll give me a chance to look over the syllabus. | 正好给了我机会看看教学提纲 |
[14:40] | Tomorrow, we start on Dickens. | 我们明天学习狄更斯 |
[14:44] | Someone has Great Expectations. | 某人真有”远大前程”[狄更斯作品名] |
[14:51] | I should have known our daring rescue of Elizabeth | 我就知道我们英勇救出伊丽莎白 |
[14:54] | wouldn’t buy lasting goodwill with the suit. | 买不到探员叔的长久善意 |
[14:56] | It’s Peter. He can’t be bought. | 那可是彼得 他无法收买 |
[14:57] | – Neal, you know what this means? – Yeah. | -尼尔 你知道这意味着什么 -是的 |
[14:59] | If he doesn’t let Keller’s admission stand, | 如果他不让凯勒的认罪成立 |
[15:01] | it comes back at us. | 罪名还是会回到我们身上 |
[15:02] | Like a department of justice boomerang. | 就像司法部门回旋镖 |
[15:04] | Right now, I can’t see that far ahead. | 现在我想不了那么远 |
[15:06] | All I can do is remind Peter that I am an asset, | 我只能提醒彼得我是杰瑞 |
[15:08] | not a liability, starting with this case. | 不是一只耳 从这个案子开始 |
[15:11] | A battle won cancels every other bad action? | 能借一场战役抵消其他恶行吗 |
[15:14] | – Yeah. – Let’s have a look. | -是啊 -来看看 |
[15:17] | Oh, Manhattan Prep. | 曼哈顿预科学校 |
[15:18] | Someone stealing lunch money? | 有人偷了别人的午饭钱吗 |
[15:20] | Well, kind of. | 差不多 |
[15:20] | We’re helping a scholarship student. | 我们在帮一个拿奖学金的学生 |
[15:22] | This Evan’s a concise thinker. | 这个埃文是个简明扼要的人 |
[15:24] | A flair for color. | 善用颜色 |
[15:26] | A facility with numbers. | 巧用数字 |
[15:27] | And a massive crush on the daughter | 被挪用捐款的恶棍的女儿 |
[15:29] | of the guy embezzling from the endowment. | 迷得七荤八素 |
[15:31] | Oh, so the lowly commoner | 低贱平民 |
[15:33] | is in love with the daughter of the evil king | 爱上了邪恶国王的女儿 |
[15:35] | who’s trying to destroy his life? | 而国王正试图毁了他的生活 |
[15:37] | Does he have a shot? | 他有机会吗 |
[15:38] | He might, if she knew he was alive. | 有 如果她意识到他的存在 |
[15:41] | Don’t tell me. | 别告诉我 |
[15:43] | You rode into the classroom on your white stallion. | 你身骑白马 闯进教室 |
[15:46] | Chloe is a teenage girl obsessed with “Romeo and Juliet.” | 克洛伊是个迷恋《罗密欧与朱丽叶》的小女孩 |
[15:50] | She’s in love with love. | 她只是迷恋爱情 |
[15:51] | So all we have to do is redirect her affection | 那我们要把她的迷恋转移到 |
[15:54] | toward a more deserving and appropriate target — Evan? | 更适合 更恰当的对象 埃文身上 |
[15:57] | Yes. | 没错 |
[16:01] | Peter’s got a lead on the case. | 彼得有线索了 |
[16:02] | I got to meet him at the office. | 我得去办公室见他 |
[16:04] | I’m gonna finish this burgundy. | 我先喝完这杯勃艮第 |
[16:06] | I have some thoughts on this. | 我有个想法 |
[16:08] | I take it you’ll be playing the part of the helpful friar | 你来扮演那名帮助倒霉恋人 |
[16:10] | who brings the star-crossed lovers together? | 相聚的神父 |
[16:12] | Sans vial of poison. | 毋需毒药 |
[16:14] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:23] | I’m developing a theory on how Woods is embezzling. | 我在研究伍茨是怎么挪用的赞助 |
[16:26] | Investments are the only element he has complete control over. | 投资是他唯一能完全控制的部分 |
[16:29] | Yeah, overhead, salaries — | 没错 日常开销 薪水支出 |
[16:31] | All the rest can be accounted for. | 剩下的这些全都入账核算 |
[16:32] | If Woods is investing the way he says he is, | 如果伍茨如他所说那样投资 |
[16:35] | The endowment should be higher. | 捐助应该会更高 |
[16:37] | Maybe it is. Woods manages the account. | 有可能 伍茨管理帐户 |
[16:40] | The school only sees the numbers he gives them. | 学校只看到他给出的数字 |
[16:42] | A fixed percentage of the endowment is scholarships. | 捐助的固定比例是奖学金 |
[16:44] | If he’s under-reporting, that explains why they’re down. | 如果他瞒报了 就能解释为什么奖学金没了 |
[16:47] | Yeah. Like Evan’s. | 没错 比如埃文的 |
[16:50] | Graham Slater is the school’s headmaster. | 格雷厄姆·斯莱特是学校校长 |
[16:53] | If Woods is doing what we think he is, | 如果伍茨真做了此事 |
[16:55] | Slater has to be complicit. | 斯莱特肯定是同谋 |
[16:56] | Slater’s obviously our way in. | 斯莱特就是我们的切入点 |
[16:58] | Which is why you’re going back to Manhattan Prep tomorrow. | 那你明天要回曼哈顿预科 |
[17:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:01] | I’m sending you back in for the good of the case, | 我让你回去是为了案子好 |
[17:03] | Not rewarding you | 不是为了奖励你 |
[17:04] | because you took matters into your own hands. | 自作主张 自找麻烦 |
[17:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:07] | From now on, I make the lesson plan. | 从现在开始 教学计划由我来做 |
[17:09] | If you’re smart, you’ll follow it. | 你要是聪明的话 就乖乖照做 |
[17:17] | I walk in the classroom, | 我走进教室 |
[17:18] | and the girls were all glassy-eyed, | 所有的女孩子都眼冒红心 |
[17:21] | Like they saw that kid from those vampire movies. | 就像看到了吸血鬼电影里的明星 |
[17:24] | You know, I bet you Neal would be a good teacher. | 我肯定尼尔会是个好老师 |
[17:26] | Which will validate him even more. | 这就更能验证他的为人了 |
[17:29] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:30] | It’s a pattern. | 这是个模式 |
[17:31] | Neal misbehaves, but because he’s Neal, | 尼尔行为不端 但因为他是尼尔 |
[17:33] | He doesn’t face the consequences, | 所以就不用承担任何后果 |
[17:35] | and he gets a gold star for it. | 还能赚到枚勋章 |
[17:37] | This is bigger than this case. | 你不是指这件案子吧 |
[17:41] | I have to go on record next week | 我下周就要接受质询 |
[17:43] | about what happened with Keller. | 关于凯勒的案子 |
[17:47] | Honey, if you don’t want to talk about it, we don’t have to. | 亲 你要是不想谈这个 我们就不谈 |
[17:50] | I am safe and sound on this patio with you. | 我现在安全无恙地与你在露台上 |
[17:53] | I am okay to talk about Keller. | 谈凯勒没问题 |
[17:56] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[17:57] | Only you and I | 只有你我二人 |
[17:59] | know that Neal was involved with the art theft. | 知道尼尔跟艺术品被盗案有关 |
[18:02] | There’s no trail that leads back to him. | 没有证据证明他涉案 |
[18:04] | And Keller confessed to stealing it. | 凯勒供认是他偷的东西 |
[18:06] | If I sign off on this case, | 如果我抬手放了这案子 |
[18:08] | The art goes back to where it belongs, | 艺术品会物归原主 |
[18:10] | Keller serves life in prison, | 凯勒会坐一辈子牢 |
[18:13] | And I’m a hero for taking him down. | 我就是抓住他的英雄 |
[18:15] | But Neal gets away with it. | 但尼尔可以置身事外 |
[18:17] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[18:18] | He had the treasure, and he didn’t leave. | 他拥有了宝藏 却并没有留开 |
[18:20] | He gave it up for us. | 而是为我们放弃了 |
[18:22] | I think that says a lot about his character. | 我认为这很能说明他的品性 |
[18:24] | He had the treasure. | 他拥有了宝藏 |
[18:26] | That says a lot about his character. | 这很能说明他的品性 |
[18:28] | If you ask me, the right man is behind bars. | 照我的意思 该进监狱的人已经进了 |
[18:34] | You can drop me off at riverside. | 你在河边放我下车吧 |
[18:36] | You’re embarrassed to be seen with me. | 你怕被看到你跟我在一起 |
[18:40] | There you go. | 这里 |
[18:41] | Peter, we’re 10 blocks from the school. | 彼得 这里离学校还有十个街区 |
[18:43] | I know, but your cover’s safe. | 没错 但你的身份就安全了 |
[18:45] | Better walk fast. | 最好快点儿走 |
[18:46] | Yes. Yes, I will, | 是啊是啊 我会的 |
[18:47] | because I am a bright-eyed young substitute teacher | 因为我是名热情的年轻代课老师 |
[18:49] | getting a jump on his day. | 跃跃欲试 |
[18:51] | When I get there, | 我一到那里 |
[18:52] | I’ll ask to see slater with questions about tuition | 就会要求跟斯莱特谈谈学费的事 |
[18:54] | to get him out of his office. | 把他引出办公室 |
[18:56] | Which is when I go in and look for details about the endowment. | 与此同时 我去搜查捐助资料 |
[18:58] | I’ll be in my class by the time the first bell rings. | 我会在第一声铃响时回到教室 |
[19:00] | Textbook behavior, Neal. I mean it. | 乖乖按规矩来 尼尔 我是认真的 |
[19:03] | – You couldn’t help yourself. – Nope. | -你还真是忍不住 -忍不住 |
[19:11] | Peter, Slater’s leaving his office. | 彼得 斯莱特离开办公室了 |
[19:13] | I’m on my way in. | 我现在进去 |
[19:14] | I’ll intercept him and keep him away while you search. | 我会拦住他拖延时间 方便你搜查 |
[19:20] | He just hid an envelope in his jacket. | 他刚刚把一个信封藏到了外衣里 |
[19:23] | I’m gonna tail him. | 我跟着他 |
[19:25] | You don’t have much time. | 没多少时间了 |
[19:48] | All right, he just put the envelope in a locker. | 他刚把信封放进了一个储物柜 |
[19:50] | Can you tell whose it is? | 知不知道是谁的 |
[19:53] | No, not from here. | 不知道 这里看不出 |
[19:55] | I could break in. | 我能打开 |
[20:01] | Class is about to start. | 要上课了 |
[20:02] | The kids are all going for their lockers. | 学生们会打开各自的储物柜 |
[20:04] | Somebody picks up that textbook, we lose the envelope. | 有人一拿到那本书 我们就拿不到信封了 |
[20:07] | Well, if we could clear out the hallway… | 要是我们能清空走廊 |
[20:13] | I have an idea. | 我有办法 |
[20:27] | Did you just…? | 你刚才是不是 |
[20:28] | Yeah, just get in the damn locker. | 是 快打开那该死的储物柜 |
[20:40] | Let’s go. Get a move on. | 快走 快点 |
[20:41] | Let’s go. Come on. To the quad. | 快走 这边 去院子里 |
[20:45] | Okay, everybody. | 好了 各位 |
[20:46] | Okay. Line up. | 好了 列好队 |
[20:49] | Isn’t pulling a fire alarm illegal? | 拉火警不是违法的吗 |
[20:51] | So send me to the principal’s office. | 去校长室告我啊 |
[21:04] | Peter, this is Chloe Woods’ locker. | 彼得 这是克洛伊·伍茨的储物柜 |
[21:10] | He put the envelope in the back of her calculus book. | 他把信封放在微积分课本后边 |
[21:13] | Find out what’s inside and meet me in the quad. | 看看里边是什么 然后去院子里找我 |
[21:22] | Here. Ooh, careful, Papa Smurf. | 这里 小心点 可爱的蓝爸爸 |
[21:25] | Very funny. Give me the phone. | 真幽默 手机给我 |
[21:27] | This is a quarterly report for the school’s finances. | 这是学校资产的季度报告 |
[21:30] | Slater’s sending it to Woods via Chloe’s books | 斯莱特通过克洛伊的课本传给伍茨 |
[21:32] | so there’s no electronic trail. It’s smart. | 这样就不留任何电子痕迹 很聪明 |
[21:33] | It’s dated next week. | 截止到上周 |
[21:35] | This is what’s going to the board. | 这是要提交董事会的报告 |
[21:36] | Yeah, Woods gets an early look at it… | 没错 伍茨就能提前看到 |
[21:38] | So he can see how much money he can siphon from the endowment. | 就明白他能从捐助中抽走多少钱了 |
[21:41] | We need to get a look at Woods’ personal accounts to prove it. | 我们要通过伍茨的私人帐户来查证 |
[21:45] | Peter, Peter. | 彼得 彼得 |
[21:48] | Hi, Mr. Cooper. | 你好 库珀老师 |
[21:49] | Hello, Chloe. | 你好 克洛伊 |
[21:50] | Um, I was wondering if you ever did home tutoring. | 我想问您做不做家庭辅导 |
[21:53] | We’re about to start “A Tale Of Two Cities,” | 我们要读《双城记》了 |
[21:55] | and I would love it if– | 要是您能… |
[21:56] | Oh, well, listen, I-I’m just here temporarily. | 这个嘛 我只是暂时代课 |
[21:58] | But I’m sure we could work something out. | 不过我肯定我们可以想办法 |
[22:01] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -当然 |
[22:02] | You could come over? | 你真的能来吗 |
[22:03] | As long as your dad’s home. | 只要你爸爸在家 |
[22:04] | – Yeah. Um, tomorrow afternoon? – Okay. | -当然 明天下午如何 -好的 |
[22:09] | You know what? We should invite Evan. | 我们应该邀请埃文 |
[22:10] | – Who? – Evan. | -谁 -埃文 |
[22:12] | You know Evan? | 你认识埃文吗 |
[22:13] | Evan, this is Chloe. Chloe, Evan. | 埃文 这位是克洛伊 克洛伊 这位是埃文 |
[22:15] | We’re meeting at Chloe’s for a tutoring session tomorrow. | 我们明天去克洛伊家上辅导课 |
[22:17] | – Yeah. See you then. – See you then. | -好的 到时见 -到时见 |
[22:21] | We’re going to her place? | 我们要去她家吗 |
[22:23] | Evan, you’re gonna be fine. Trust me. | 埃文 你没问题的 相信我 |
[22:25] | I’ll see you in class. | 课堂见 |
[22:31] | We’ll have to get a no-knock warrant to search Woods’ home. | 这下我们能偷偷搜查伍茨的房间 |
[22:34] | It’s a perfect opportunity | 这是个绝好的机会 |
[22:35] | to get into his office and find those accounts. | 能进他办公室找到账户 |
[22:37] | Yeah, good thing I’ll have an honor-roll student for backup. | 没错 好在我们有个优等生当后援 |
[22:39] | Yeah, I heard. Why did you invite Evan? | 是啊 我听到了 你为什么邀请埃文 |
[22:41] | Because Woods might be more inclined to leave us alone | 因为有别的学生在场 |
[22:43] | if there’s another kid there. | 伍茨会更放心让我们独处 |
[22:45] | And because Evan’s in love with Chloe. | 还因为埃文喜欢克洛伊 |
[22:46] | Which may help deflect her amorous designs on you. | 这样能转移她对你的过份热情 |
[22:50] | One can hope. | 但愿如此 |
[22:51] | I felt the same way about Mrs. Fitzgerald, my algebra teacher | 我当时也很喜欢代数老师菲茨杰拉德女士 |
[22:54] | Thus your lifelong fascination with numbers. | 所以你至今都迷恋数字 |
[22:56] | And smart, leggy brunettes. | 还迷恋聪明 长腿 深色头发的女人 |
[23:06] | I looked over the endowment breakdown, Mr. Woods. | 我看过了捐助账目 伍茨先生 |
[23:08] | It’s very solid. | 很可靠 |
[23:10] | I do have some final questions I’d like to go over in person. | 我最后还有几个问题想私下跟你聊聊 |
[23:14] | Are you free tomorrow evening? | 你明天晚上有空吗 |
[23:15] | Unfortunately, I’m stuck at home. | 不巧 我明天得在家里 |
[23:17] | My daughter has a tutor coming over. | 我女儿有场课后辅导 |
[23:19] | Tell you what — I could come to you. | 这样吧 我可以过去 |
[23:21] | My girlfriend’s cooking me dinner. | 我女朋友要为我煮晚饭 |
[23:23] | I’ll be in the doghouse | 要是我敢把明晚 |
[23:24] | if I turn it into a business meeting. | 搞成商业会议 就死定了 |
[23:26] | Unless you bring yours. | 除非你也把你家那位带来 |
[23:28] | My…girlfriend? | 我的 女朋友 |
[23:31] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[23:32] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[23:36] | It’s Danielle. | 戴妮尔 |
[23:39] | You’re together? Right now? | 你们现在就在一起吗 |
[23:44] | Mr. Stone… | 斯通先生 |
[23:46] | Danielle, | 戴妮尔 |
[23:48] | I’ll see you at my place at 5:00. | 五点钟 我们家见 |
[23:51] | Wonderful. We’ll see you then. | 太好了 到时见 |
[23:53] | So, what’s this girlfriend business? | 那么 女朋友这事儿怎么着 |
[23:55] | – What would Junior say? – Cute. | -小彼得会怎么看 -不许卖萌 |
[23:57] | Let’s just focus on the plan. Jones. | 专注工作 琼斯 |
[24:01] | This is Woods’ apartment. | 这是伍茨的公寓 |
[24:02] | His office is on the second floor. | 他的办公室在二楼 |
[24:04] | All right, I’ll be going after his desktop. | 好 我去找他的电脑 |
[24:06] | That’s right. You’ll copy the hard drive with this portable cloner. | 没错 用这个小复制机来拷下他的硬盘 |
[24:09] | Problem is, his office is wired | 问题是 他的办公室 |
[24:10] | with a state-of-the-art Catic sensor. | 装备有最先进的凯迪克传感器 |
[24:12] | Yeah, well, the whole apartment is. | 没错 整间公寓都是 |
[24:13] | I mean, the guy is working with the Juarez Cartel | 那家伙可是与华雷斯毒帮共事 |
[24:15] | and running a scam on the side. | 还兼职行骗 |
[24:16] | I’d be paranoid, too. | 换成我也会多疑 |
[24:18] | We’ll need to circumvent the main panel | 我们得绕开主板 |
[24:19] | to shut off the alarm. | 关闭警报 |
[24:20] | Or get Woods to shut it off for us. | 或是让伍茨为我们关闭警报 |
[24:23] | While you enter the office, | 你进入办公室的同时 |
[24:25] | I’ll accidentally open that door. | 我意外推开了这扇门 |
[24:29] | Yeah, if Woods thinks you set off the alarm by mistake, | 如果伍茨认为是你不小心触发了警报 |
[24:31] | he’ll deactivate it. | 他就会解除警报 |
[24:32] | We do this at 6:00 P.M. on the dot. | 我们六点整准时行动 |
[24:35] | Tardiness will get me more than a demerit on this one. | 如果慢了 那就大事不妙了 |
[24:38] | If we’re off by a second, Woods will know. | 如果我们晚了一秒 伍茨就会知道 |
[24:43] | Not bad for big brother. | 老大哥的玩意儿不错啊 |
[24:45] | You’re admiring government tech? | 你在称赞政府的科技设备吗 |
[24:47] | No, I-I’m, uh, I’m pitying it. | 不 我是在可怜它 |
[24:50] | It’s terribly unwieldy. | 这玩意儿笨重得很 |
[24:51] | I’ll try not to let it weigh me down. | 我尽量不让自己被重死 |
[24:55] | Will you get that? | 去开门好吗 |
[24:59] | Uh, Neal — code red. | 尼尔 红色警戒 |
[25:01] | Evan, right on time for our pre-tutoring session. | 埃文 刚好赶上了家教前的小指导 |
[25:04] | This is my associate. | 这是我的同事 |
[25:05] | – Uh, Mr. Magwitch. – Yes. | -我是马格维奇先生 -对 |
[25:07] | Uh, we’re gonna be acting as your benefactors. | 我们会为你指点一二 |
[25:10] | What exactly will you be giving me? | 你们要教我什么 |
[25:12] | Well, Neal is more of a romantic, | 尼尔比较浪漫 |
[25:14] | and I’m a machiavellian puppet master, | 而我是个诡计多端的傀儡师 |
[25:17] | so what we’re gonna be giving you is…game. | 我们要教你 一点花招 |
[25:22] | To get the girl. | 来获得这女孩的芳心 |
[25:24] | You told him about Chloe? | 你跟他说了克洛伊的事吗 |
[25:25] | This tutoring session is basically a first date. | 这次家教差不多算第一次约会 |
[25:27] | You got to be prepared. | 你得做好准备 |
[25:29] | It’s not a first date. | 这不是第一次约会 |
[25:30] | It’s a tutoring session for “A Tale of Two Cities.” | 这只是一次关于《双城记》的课外辅导 |
[25:33] | Do you have any idea how many women I’ve wooed | 你知道我恰到好处地引用维多利亚时代 |
[25:36] | by using an apropos quote from Victorian literature? | 文学作品中的名言迷倒了多少女人吗 |
[25:40] | Really? How many? | 真的吗 有多少 |
[25:45] | Now, why are you wearing a cardigan and a sweater? | 你为什么同时穿着羊毛衫和毛衣 |
[25:48] | Um, I don’t know. I just — | 我不知道 只是… |
[25:51] | I don’t really know what to wear | 我脱下了校服后 |
[25:52] | when I’m outside my school uniform. | 就不知道该穿什么衣服 |
[25:53] | That’s all right. Let’s focus more on how you wear it, all right? | 没关系 看看如何化腐朽为神奇吧 |
[25:56] | Uh, lose the cardigan/sweater combo. | 放弃羊毛衫和毛衣组合吧 |
[26:02] | And, for Holden Caulfield’s sake, | 看在霍尔顿·考尔菲德的份上 |
[26:04] | will you unbutton the shirt? | 你能解开衬衫扣子吗 |
[26:06] | Yeah, just loosen it up. | 不要把衬衫扎在裤子里 |
[26:07] | You need an air of mystery about you, okay? | 你得制造出神秘的感觉 好吗 |
[26:10] | Smile like you got your own thing going on. | 面带微笑 像是沉浸在自己的世界里 |
[26:12] | She’ll wonder what it is. | 她会觉得好奇 |
[26:13] | Yeah, and hair gel. | 还有发胶 |
[26:14] | I’ve heard great things. | 这玩意儿效果可好了 |
[26:16] | I think our work here is done. | 我们已经把他改造一新了 |
[26:18] | Carpe diem, Evan. Carpe diem. | 把握今天 埃文 把握今天 |
[26:27] | Mr. Woods, hi. I’m Mr. Cooper. | 伍茨先生 您好 我是库珀老师 |
[26:29] | And this is Evan Leary. | 这是埃文·利瑞 |
[26:31] | We’re here for Chloe’s tutoring session. | 我们来给克洛伊上辅导课 |
[26:33] | – You’re the teacher? – Yeah. | -你是老师吗 -是的 |
[26:34] | My daughter didn’t describe you as being so, uh… | 我女儿没说过你是这么… |
[26:37] | So bookish? | 书呆子吗 |
[26:39] | So symmetrical. | 身材这么好 |
[26:41] | Don’t know what to make of you. | 真不知道该怎么看待你 |
[26:43] | Let’s talk house rules. | 我们来说说我家的规定 |
[26:46] | You’ll stay in this room. No wandering. | 你待在这间房里 不许乱跑 |
[26:51] | You’ve got one hour. Understood? | 你有一个小时的时间 明白吗 |
[26:52] | Understood. | 明白 |
[26:53] | Dad? I think you can go now. | 老爸 你现在可以走了 |
[26:56] | We’re talking lesson plans. | 我们在说教学计划 |
[26:57] | Hey, Chloe. | 你好 克洛伊 |
[26:58] | Hey. | 好 |
[26:59] | Sounds like my dinner guests have arrived. | 来吃晚饭的客人好像来了 |
[27:02] | I’ll leave you to your studies. | 你好好学习吧 |
[27:04] | That means no phone, Chloe. | 不许打电话 克洛伊 |
[27:08] | And you — | 还有你 |
[27:09] | Eyes on your books. | 眼睛别乱看 |
[27:14] | “Tale of Two Cities.” | 《双城记》 |
[27:17] | “It was the best of times.” | 那是最美好的时代 |
[27:21] | “It was the worst of times.” | 那是最糟糕的时代 |
[27:24] | I’d like to make sure my donation is spent | 我想确保我的捐款 |
[27:27] | on something useful, | 被合理利用 |
[27:28] | like scholarships rather than a new pool. | 比如用来发奖学金 而不是修新游泳池 |
[27:31] | I can see to that. | 当然 |
[27:32] | Danielle… | 戴妮尔 |
[27:34] | How’s the food? | 食物如何 |
[27:35] | Oh, it’s yummy. | 很美味 |
[27:36] | Reminds me of a meal Peter and I had in Aspen. | 让我想到我和彼得在阿斯彭享受的美味佳肴 |
[27:39] | – Oh, yeah. – Thank you again. | -是啊 -再次谢谢你 |
[27:40] | Such a pleasure to meet you, Amber. | 认识你真高兴 安珀 |
[27:42] | I love Aspen… | 我喜欢阿斯彭 |
[27:44] | except for the snow. | 只是下雪时太冷 |
[27:48] | Oh, it’s okay if this goes longer than an hour. | 如果超过一小时也没关系 |
[27:50] | – Don’t worry about my dad. – Oh, I’m not. | -别理我爸爸 -不会啦 |
[27:53] | Evan was just telling us something interesting | 埃文在和我们说第二部中 |
[27:55] | about “Book the second.” | 有意思的部分 |
[27:57] | Yeah, um… | 是的 |
[27:58] | It was just about the British spies, | 第二部主要是讲英国间谍 |
[27:59] | Basard and Clay, and they’re… | 巴萨德和克雷 他们… |
[28:02] | Two seconds. Promise. | 只要两秒钟 我保证 |
[28:04] | Take your time. | 慢慢打 |
[28:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[28:07] | Yeah, he’s here. I know. | 是啊 他在 我知道 |
[28:11] | All right, I’m gonna step out, all right? | 好了 我要离开一会 |
[28:12] | I need you to keep Chloe occupied. | 我要你吸引克洛伊的注意 |
[28:14] | How am I supposed to do that? | 我怎么能做得到 |
[28:16] | She’s acting like I’m invisible. | 她简直当我不存在 |
[28:17] | Evan, it’s time to take action. All right? | 埃文 是时候主动出击了 |
[28:21] | Oh, you two are fantastic hosts. | 两位主人真是十分热情 |
[28:24] | Now, as for you… | 还有你 |
[28:26] | Is that my door? | 那是我要开的门吗 |
[28:30] | Call me “Linda.” | 叫我琳达 |
[28:32] | Can’t do that here, Linda. | 在这里可不行 琳达 |
[28:34] | Back to business. | 说正事吧 |
[28:35] | Linda? | 琳达 |
[28:36] | As in your wife, Linda. | 你老婆琳达 |
[28:39] | Over there, now. | 你给我过来 |
[28:40] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:46] | Evan was just mentioning the recurring water imagery | 埃文提到了小说中反复出现的 |
[28:48] | in the novel. | 水意象 |
[28:49] | Evan, you want to expound on that? | 埃文 请你详细说明好吗 |
[28:52] | Sure. Um, it parallels the anger felt by the peasants, | 好 这和农民的怒火相互照应 |
[28:56] | Um, right before they storm the Bastille. | 然后他们就攻入了巴士底狱 |
[28:58] | I wish I was in Paris. | 真希望我在巴黎 |
[29:00] | – Where are you going? – Uh, restroom. | -你要去哪 -洗手间 |
[29:02] | When I get back, | 我回来时 |
[29:03] | I want more examples of water imagery from both of you. | 我要你俩举出更多关于水意象的例子 |
[29:11] | So you’ve been to Paris? | 你去过巴黎吗 |
[29:25] | It was a mistake! I’m sorry! | 我说错了 对不起 |
[29:27] | I’m tired of hearing “Sorry.” | 我受够你老是说对不起了 |
[29:28] | Well, what can I say?! | 我还能说什么 |
[29:30] | He’s not moving. | 他没有动 |
[29:31] | He will. | 他会的 |
[29:32] | Say you’ll leave her! | 说你要和她离婚 |
[29:33] | I can’t, because of Peter Junior. | 不行 小彼得肯定接受不了 |
[29:35] | What about Peter Junior’s baby brother? | 那小彼得的弟弟怎么办 |
[29:37] | Peter Junior doesn’t have a baby brother. | 小彼得没有弟弟 |
[29:39] | He’s about to. | 他会有的 |
[29:40] | In six months. | 六个月内 |
[29:44] | I need some air. | 我要呼吸一下新鲜空气 |
[29:47] | Don’t you walk away from me. | 你不许溜之大吉 |
[29:54] | Not that door! | 别碰那扇门 |
[29:58] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[30:06] | My apologies for the scene. | 闹成这样真抱歉 |
[30:09] | And, uh, I thought I was gonna be the one | 看来今晚死定了的人 |
[30:12] | in the doghouse tonight. | 不是我了 |
[30:13] | Oh, no. | 不会的 |
[30:18] | Mr. Cooper? | 库珀老师 |
[30:21] | Chloe. | 克洛伊 |
[30:22] | Why aren’t you with Evan? | 你怎么没和埃文待在一起 |
[30:24] | I got another call. | 我又接了个电话 |
[30:26] | So…Did you get lost? | 话说 你迷路了吗 |
[30:28] | Yeah. Yeah, I guess I took a wrong turn. | 是啊 看来我转错了弯 |
[30:28] | 拨出电话 爸爸 | |
[30:31] | – She is. – I’m telling ya. | -她才会 -等着看吧 |
[30:33] | And the whole — Chloe? | 而这整个… 克洛伊 |
[30:35] | You’re the one who told us to rebel. | 是你让我们学会叛逆 |
[30:37] | She’s always doing this pocket-dial thing. | 她的手机放在口袋里就会不小心拨出电话 |
[30:41] | I tell her her jeans are too tight. | 我跟她说过她的牛仔裤太紧了 |
[30:43] | If my dad found out you broke a house rule, he’d be upset, | 如果我爸爸发现你违反了规定 他会很生气 |
[30:45] | but sometimes a study break can be fun. | 但学习之余放松一下也很有意思 |
[30:48] | Chloe, I can tell you have a lot of, um…Passion. | 克洛伊 我能看出你很有激情 |
[30:51] | You just need to find the right place to focus it. | 你只是需要合适地释放出来 |
[30:54] | I know you’re smart enough to know that. | 我知道你很聪明 能明白我的意思 |
[30:56] | What the hell is going on here?! | 你们在这里干什么 |
[31:08] | I want to know what you are doing in my private office | 我要知道你和我女儿在我的私人办公室 |
[31:11] | with my daughter! | 搞什么鬼 |
[31:12] | Dad! Don’t be mad. | 老爸 别生气啊 |
[31:13] | Why don’t we all just take a minute here? | 我们何不冷静一会 |
[31:15] | Oh, this will be over in a minute. | 这事马上就能结了 |
[31:17] | You interested in my office?! | 你对我的办公室感兴趣吗 |
[31:18] | You looking for something?! | 你在找什么东西吗 |
[31:19] | It’s actually my fault, sir. | 这其实是我的错 先生 |
[31:22] | Your fault?! | 你的错 |
[31:24] | – Yeah. – Evan. | -是的 -埃文 |
[31:26] | Chloe said that you had an old map of Paris in here, | 克洛伊说您办公室里有一幅古老的巴黎地图 |
[31:27] | and I really wanted to see it. | 我真的很想看看 |
[31:30] | Map? | 地图 |
[31:31] | Yes. Yes, we were discussing the revolution, | 是啊 我们在讨论大革命 |
[31:33] | and Chloe mentioned a copper-etched map in your office. | 克洛伊提到您办公室里挂着一幅铜版地图 |
[31:36] | After hearing about it, | 我听到后 |
[31:37] | I thought it might be an original Hogenberg. | 觉得可能是霍根伯格[雕刻家]的手笔 |
[31:40] | Well, 16th century, | 16世纪的作品 |
[31:43] | Bird’s-eye perspective, | 鸟瞰角度 |
[31:44] | – And there’s the Bastille. – Enough. | -那就是巴士底狱 -够了 |
[31:46] | I want you out of my house — now. | 你马上滚出我家 |
[31:49] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:55] | Chloe, go to your room. | 克洛伊 回你房间去 |
[32:02] | Bye, Evan. | 再见 埃文 |
[32:11] | Turns out an honor-roll student isn’t such bad backup after all. | 看来一个优等生也不是很差的后援 |
[32:14] | No, A-plus for both of you. | 是啊 你俩都表现出色 |
[32:16] | And Jones already pulled several account numbers | 琼斯已经从你复制的硬盘里 |
[32:19] | from the drive that you copied. | 查出了几个银行账号 |
[32:20] | Sounds like another win for us. | 看来我们又小胜一场 |
[32:22] | For the bureau. | 是局里胜了 |
[32:23] | Well, of which I am an integral member. | 我也是局里的一份子 |
[32:25] | – Stop digging. – Digging? | -别刺探了 -刺探 |
[32:26] | You know my statement for the Keller case is coming up. | 你知道我很快就要给凯勒一案录供词了 |
[32:30] | I won’t ask you to lie. | 我不会叫你说谎 |
[32:33] | But I don’t have to tell them everything. | 但我也不必全盘托出 |
[32:35] | Is that it? | 是吗 |
[32:36] | Peter, I’ve got nothing to hide. | 彼得 我光明磊落 |
[32:37] | – You sure about that? – Yes. | -你肯定吗 -是啊 |
[32:39] | You can come out, Mozzie! | 出来吧 蚊子 |
[32:40] | You have no proof I’m here! | 你没证据说明我在这里 |
[32:42] | There’s a half a bottle of wine on the table | 桌上有半瓶酒 |
[32:43] | and a whiff of Camembert in the air. | 四周还弥漫着法国软乳酪的气味 |
[32:45] | Circumstantial! | 这只是间接推测 |
[32:47] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[32:48] | See ya. | 再见 |
[32:56] | Little sloppy. | 不能大意 |
[32:57] | Until that file is wiped, | 在那份档案销毁之前 |
[32:58] | I’m keeping a safe distance | 我得和那个局里最红的 |
[33:00] | from the bureau’s favorite Brooks Brother. | 西装男保持距离 |
[33:02] | He hasn’t made a decision. | 他还没做决定 |
[33:03] | There’s still a chance this could swing in our favor. | 这事还有可能往对我们有利的方向走 |
[33:05] | Well, we have a decision to make. | 我们得做个决定 |
[33:08] | Evan put himself on the map with Chloe tonight. | 埃文今晚得到了克洛伊的青睐 |
[33:11] | He’s got momentum. | 他现在动力十足 |
[33:12] | Oh, time for the grand romantic gesture. | 是时候让他来个超级浪漫之举了 |
[33:14] | I was thinking a classic — flowers, fine chocolates. | 我想来点经典的 比如鲜花 美味的巧克力 |
[33:18] | Or…this. | 或者 这个 |
[33:21] | Evan’s homework assignment? | 埃文的家庭作业 |
[33:23] | A perfect handwriting sample. | 一份完美的笔迹样本 |
[33:24] | I can whip up a sonnet, and you could forge it. | 我可以现在做首十四行诗 而你模仿他的笔迹 |
[33:27] | Mozzie, I know why I want to help this kid, | 蚊子 我知道我为什么要帮这孩子 |
[33:29] | But why do you? | 但你为什么要帮他 |
[33:31] | I want to see the little guy get the girl. | 我想看这小家伙赢得美人芳心 |
[33:34] | Plus, I need a distraction. | 再说 我得分散自己的注意力 |
[33:35] | – You’re worried about Peter. – And you’re not? | -你在担心彼得 -你不担心吗 |
[33:38] | Let’s go with the sonnet. | 开始写十四行诗吧 |
[33:39] | I’ll get my quill. | 我去拿我的羽毛笔 |
[33:50] | Hey, Peter. | 彼得 |
[33:51] | I’m on my way to meet Slater. | 我在去见斯莱特的路上 |
[33:53] | Did you write the check? | 你写了支票吗 |
[33:54] | Technically, the bureau did. | 准确地说 调查局写了 |
[33:56] | Should be a nice tax write-off for Mr. Stone. | 对斯通先生来说应该能抵消之前的欠费了 |
[33:58] | Yeah, he’ll put the savings | 对 他会把储蓄账号里的钱 |
[33:59] | towards his upcoming alimony payments. | 用于他即将支付的生活费 |
[34:02] | Good luck in there. | 祝你好运 |
[34:05] | And that’ll be the last thing you do at this school! | 那是你在这所学校做的最后一件事 |
[34:11] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[34:13] | What’d he say to you? | 他跟你说了什么 |
[34:16] | He knew. | 他知道了 |
[34:17] | He said he knew about me getting the documents | 他说他知道我从财务室 |
[34:19] | from the bursar’s office. | 拿到了那些文件 |
[34:20] | How? | 怎么发现的 |
[34:21] | He looked into me after the tutoring session. | 他在家教辅导之后调查了我 |
[34:24] | He knew I xeroxed the quarterlies | 他知道我用自己的复印机码 |
[34:25] | from my copy-machine code. | 印了各季度的报表 |
[34:26] | Look, he said he was gonna expel me. | 他说他要开除我 |
[34:28] | I had to say something. | 我只能告诉他一些事 |
[34:30] | What’d you tell him? | 你告诉他什么了 |
[34:31] | That he couldn’t scare me | 他吓不到我 |
[34:32] | because I had some very powerful friends | 因为我有些很厉害的朋友 |
[34:34] | of my own looking into him. | 正在调查他 |
[34:35] | Go to my classroom, okay? Lay low. Go. | 去我的教室好吗 别被人发现 快去 |
[34:40] | Diana, we need backup at the school right now. | 戴安 马上派人来学校支援 |
[34:42] | Peter’s cover’s blown. | 彼得的身份暴露了 |
[34:44] | Mr. Stone, we cannot thank you enough. | 斯通先生 我们对你感激不尽 |
[34:46] | It’s my way of giving back. | 不过是投桃报李而已 |
[34:48] | Now, unfortunately, I have to get to the airport in an hour. | 不巧的是 我一小时后要赶到机场 |
[34:51] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪里也别想去 |
[34:53] | Andy, what’s going on? | 安迪 这是怎么了 |
[34:56] | His timing isn’t a coincidence. | 他的出现可不是碰巧 |
[34:58] | All the questions about the endowment, | 所有关于捐款的问题 |
[35:00] | the quarterly report coming up, that check — it’s a trap. | 季度报表 支票 这些都是圈套 |
[35:06] | Don’t do anything stupid. | 别做傻事 |
[35:09] | Then walk. | 那就跟我来 |
[35:12] | You’ll be happy to know I just did the equivalent | 你要是知道我刚做了件能和 |
[35:14] | of the hoisting of the boom box. | 手提收音机媲美的事 肯定很高兴 |
[35:17] | Peter’s in trouble. I need your help. | 彼得有麻烦了 我要你帮忙 |
[35:18] | I’m on my way. | 我马上来 |
[35:21] | What are we doing here? | 我们来这干嘛 |
[35:22] | I’ve got questions. | 我有几个问题 |
[35:24] | Hang on, moz. | 别挂 蚊子 |
[35:25] | And as you know, this is where I like to ask them. | 如你所知 我喜欢在这里问他们 |
[35:28] | Who do you work for? | 你为谁卖命 |
[35:29] | And don’t give me any of that Hong Kong banker crap! | 别跟我说是什么香港银行家的废话 |
[35:33] | You’ve got all the answers. | 你已经知道全部答案了 |
[35:34] | Why don’t you tell me? | 干脆你来告诉我吧 |
[35:35] | Did the Juarez brothers send you? | 是华雷斯兄弟派你来的吗 |
[35:37] | Hey, he’s with the cartel? | 等等 他是毒帮的人吗 |
[35:38] | You’ve got it all wrong. | 你们都错了 |
[35:40] | Check my jacket pocket. | 看看我的大衣口袋 |
[35:48] | FBI. | 联调局 |
[35:49] | – FBI! – Shut up, Graham. | -联调局 -闭嘴 格雷厄姆 |
[35:51] | We can’t cut up a fed. | 我们不能把联邦探员切碎 |
[35:52] | Yes, we can. | 我们当然可以 |
[35:53] | Go on! | 继续啊 |
[35:57] | You’re gonna talk, or you’re gonna disappear! | 你从实招来 不然就死无全尸 |
[36:00] | Listen, I’m outnumbered three to one. | 听着 现在三对一 敌众我寡 |
[36:02] | We need a distraction. | 我们得分散他们的注意力 |
[36:04] | What kind of distraction? | 要怎样分散 |
[36:05] | Anything. | 怎样都行 |
[36:06] | It’s classroom 23b. Hurry. | 在23b教室 快点 |
[36:20] | Hey, Chloe, I’ve been looking for you. | 克洛伊 我一直在找你 |
[36:23] | Mr. Cooper, hey. | 库珀老师 你好 |
[36:25] | Someone put this in my gym bag. | 有人把这个放在我运动包里 |
[36:27] | Listen, we should talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[36:27] | Yeah, I’m sorry about my dad. | 没错 我对我爸的行为感到抱歉 |
[36:29] | Obviously, I’m not welcome at your home, | 显然 你家不欢迎我 |
[36:30] | So I want to give you my number. | 所以我想给你我的电话号码 |
[36:32] | – You do? – So you can call me if you ever have questions | -是吗 -这样你就能在我走后 |
[36:34] | about schoolwork once I’m gone. | 就学业上的疑问打电话给我 |
[36:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:38] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[36:51] | Chloe? | 克洛伊 |
[36:52] | Seemed like you and Evan really hit it off the other day, huh? | 看来你和埃文那天还挺来电的嘛 |
[36:54] | Kind of. | 算是吧 |
[36:56] | He’s in my classroom right now. | 他现在在我教室 |
[36:57] | He wanted to finish up an essay, so I let him work there. | 他想完成一篇论文 所以我让他在那写 |
[37:00] | It’s quiet, private. | 那里很安静 没人打扰 |
[37:01] | Think he’d mind if I stopped by? | 你觉得我能过去看看吗 |
[37:03] | No, not at all. Be just the two of you. | 当然可以了 只有你们两个人 |
[37:05] | – Thanks. – Sure. | -多谢 -不客气 |
[37:08] | Don’t let him out of this room! | 别让他出这间房 |
[37:12] | Get out of my way! | 别挡道 |
[37:18] | All right, one down, two to go. | 好了 解决一个 还剩两个 |
[37:20] | Turns out I did have need for a vial. | 看来我还真要个药剂瓶 |
[37:22] | Potassium carbonate, sucrose, and just a hint of nitrogen. | 碳酸钾 蔗糖 和少量氮 |
[37:26] | They have nitrogen here. | 他们这里还有氮 |
[37:27] | Oh, this really is an excellent school. | 这真是所好学校 |
[37:32] | Slater, if you work with me, | 斯莱特 如果你和我合作 |
[37:34] | I might be able to strike you some kind of deal. | 我说不定会和你做笔交易 |
[37:37] | It’s too late for that. | 太迟了 |
[37:39] | Well, that’s a shame. He cuts a pretty good deal. | 真遗憾 他说的交易应该不错 |
[37:43] | I would know. | 我就知道 |
[37:55] | Don’t move or I’ll shoot. | 别动 不然我开枪了 |
[38:00] | Nice birdhouse. | 这鸟房不错 |
[38:02] | Let’s go talk to Woods. | 我们去跟伍茨谈谈吧 |
[38:12] | Waiting for somebody? | 你在等人吗 |
[38:13] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[38:16] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[38:17] | Well, I, uh, wanted to, uh…talk to evan. | 我想跟埃文谈谈 |
[38:20] | Your teacher told me I might find him here. | 你老师告诉我 我也许能在这找到他 |
[38:23] | Actually, I’m not a teacher. | 其实我不是老师 |
[38:25] | You… | 你 |
[38:37] | You already know that I’m a federal agent. | 你已经知道我是联邦探员 |
[38:39] | But guess what. | 但你知道吗 |
[38:41] | I am, too. | 我也是 |
[38:43] | You’re under arrest for attempted murder and fraud. | 你现在因试图谋杀和诈骗罪名被捕 |
[38:45] | Danielle? | 戴妮尔 |
[38:46] | It’s Diana. | 我叫戴安 |
[38:48] | And your girlfriend’s cooking sucks. | 你女朋友的厨艺真烂 |
[38:49] | Chloe, call my lawyer. | 克洛伊 打电话给我的律师 |
[38:52] | He needs to know about this. | 得让他知道这件事 |
[38:55] | Chloe, I need you to do this for me. | 克洛伊 我要你马上打电话 |
[38:58] | – Let’s go. – Are you listening?! | -快走 -你在听吗 |
[39:01] | What’s going to happen to him? | 他会怎么样 |
[39:03] | Well, he’ll have to go to prison. | 他会进监狱 |
[39:07] | Uh, Chloe, your life is about to change. | 克洛伊 你的人生将要改变 |
[39:10] | I’m not gonna lie to you — it won’t be easy. | 我不骗你 这可不容易 |
[39:13] | But don’t run away from that. | 但不要逃避 |
[39:15] | This could be an opportunity. | 这也可能是一次机会 |
[39:17] | A chance to start over, | 一次重新开始的机会 |
[39:19] | Maybe live the life you really want. | 可以过你真正想要的生活 |
[39:22] | I got that chance, | 我有过那种机会 |
[39:22] | and it’s the best thing that ever happened to me. | 而那是我所经历过的最好的事 |
[39:24] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[39:26] | Thanks, mister | 谢谢你 老师 |
[39:28] | Wait. What’s your real name? | 等等 你的真名叫什么 |
[39:33] | Neal. | 尼尔 |
[39:35] | Take care, Chloe. | 保重 克洛伊 |
[39:47] | I just wanted to say I’m really sorry for everything. | 我只想说 我对这一切感到很抱歉 |
[39:50] | It’s not your fault. It’s my dad’s. | 错不在你 而在我爸 |
[39:53] | Well, if you ever need anyone to talk to… | 如果你要找人谈谈… |
[39:57] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[39:58] | And I really did like your poem. | 我真的很喜欢你的诗 |
[40:52] | We’ve got early day tomorrow. | 我们明天还得赶早 |
[40:54] | Got to get a jump on the Mortenson real-estate scam. | 要去调查莫坦森的房地产诈骗案 |
[41:01] | Nice tie. | 领带不错 |
[41:02] | Oh. It was a… thank-you gift from evan. | 这是埃文的谢礼 |
[41:09] | I know I-I complicated your life. | 我知道我让你生活变复杂了 |
[41:12] | Stop. Don’t say anything else. | 停 别再说了 |
[41:13] | Can I say thank you? | 我能说声谢谢吗 |
[41:15] | I told them the truth. | 我告诉了他们实情 |
[41:18] | But you didn’t tell them everything. | 但你并没有全盘托出 |
[41:29] | What you did on this case, how you carried yourself… | 你在这次案件中的表现 |
[41:34] | Makes me believe this partnership can work. | 让我相信我们还能继续搭档 |
[41:39] | I know what this opportunity means. | 我知道这次机会意味着什么 |
[41:42] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[41:53] | They’re nice, but they’re not what matter to me. | 这票不错 但并不是我最在意的东西 |
[42:01] | About the commutation — | 话说减刑 |
[42:03] | Oh, I’ve already made enough big decisions for one day. | 我今天做的重大决定已经够多了 |
[42:05] | Got it. | 我懂 |
[42:07] | Those tickets being the hardest. | 而把票还给你是最艰难的决定 |
[42:09] | Pretty good seats. | 位置很好 |
[42:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:11] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[42:13] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[42:14] | See ya. | 再见 |
[42:18] | Hey, Jones. | 琼斯 |
[42:25] | Caffrey just gave me two tickets to a Yankees game tonight. | 卡夫瑞刚给了我两张洋基队今晚的比赛球票 |
[42:29] | And they look real. | 看着不像是假票 |
[42:31] | Want to go? | 想去吗 |
[42:32] | Good seats. | 位置不错哟 |
[42:37] | I’ll drive. | 我来开车 |