时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Neal. | 尼尔 |
[00:03] | When my dad went away, Ellen looked after me. | 我爸爸走后 爱伦就照顾我 |
[00:06] | Sam? Did he know my father? | 山姆 他认识我爸爸吗 |
[00:08] | A hard guy to get hold of. | 很难联系上 |
[00:09] | Who did this to you? | 谁干的 |
[00:10] | Trust Sam. | 相信山姆 |
[00:12] | If you find any information that leads to Sam… | 如果你找到任何关于山姆的信息… |
[00:16] | I will tell you. | 我会告诉你 |
[00:17] | You tell him you want to meet on neutral ground. | 你告诉他你希望在第三地会面 |
[00:19] | 我们的会面由您安排 发送至未证实地址 | |
[00:49] | Get in the car. | 上车 |
[01:02] | I wasn’t sure I’d hear back from you, Sam. | 没想到你真的回复了 山姆 |
[01:07] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪儿 |
[01:08] | Someplace less obvious. | 避人耳目的地方 |
[01:16] | So do I call you Caffrey or Bennett? | 我该叫你卡夫瑞还是贝内特 |
[01:18] | Bennett was my name a long time ago. | 贝内特是很久以前的事了 |
[01:21] | Not anymore. | 不用了 |
[01:23] | I’ve been tracking you since — | 我一直在追查你 自从… |
[01:24] | Ellen’s funeral. | 爱伦葬礼时 |
[01:25] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[01:26] | I knew her as Kathryn Hill. | 我记忆中她叫凯瑟琳·希尔 |
[01:28] | Ellen’s name before WITSEC? | 爱伦接受证人保护计划前的名字 |
[01:30] | She told me you worked deep cover back in D.C., | 她说你在首府那里做卧底 |
[01:32] | said you were close. | 说你们关系很好 |
[01:33] | After your father went down for murder, | 你父亲承担了谋杀罪名后 |
[01:35] | there weren’t many in our department I could trust. | 部门里就没几个人能信任了 |
[01:38] | You knew my dad? | 你认识我爸爸 |
[01:40] | In your e-mail, you said you’d meet me on my terms. | 你邮件里说 会面由我安排 |
[01:42] | Here are my terms. I ask the questions. | 按我的安排 我来提问 |
[01:45] | I don’t like the answers, | 如果答案我不满意 |
[01:46] | I get back in that car, and I drive away. Understood? | 我立刻开车走人 明白了吗 |
[01:49] | Understood. | 明白 |
[01:51] | What do you do for the FBI? | 你为联邦局做什么 |
[01:52] | I’m a confidential informant. | 我是局里的秘密线人 |
[01:54] | It’s the deal I cut to get out of prison. | 以此免除牢狱之灾 |
[01:56] | The man at the funeral — your handler? | 葬礼上那人 是你的监管人 |
[01:58] | Peter Burke. He can be trusted. | 彼得·博尔克 他值得信任 |
[02:01] | He can help us find Ellen’s — | 他能帮我们找到杀爱伦的… |
[02:02] | If you think this is about one guy pulling one trigger, | 如果你以为这是简单的开枪杀人 |
[02:04] | you’re as naive as your father. | 你简直和你父亲一样天真 |
[02:05] | The men who took him down — the men who had Ellen murdered. | 扳倒你父亲的人 杀了爱伦的人 |
[02:08] | They were corrupt cops. | 是腐败警察 |
[02:09] | Who rose up the ranks of government and law enforcement. | 他们在政法界颇有实力 |
[02:11] | I’m sure there are some in the bureau. | 我肯定局里也有他们的人 |
[02:13] | And they will do whatever it takes to protect themselves. | 而他们为了自保会不择手段 |
[02:16] | So, what? She asked you to help me expose them? | 所以呢 她希望你帮我揭穿他们吗 |
[02:19] | Working with the FBI wasn’t part of the deal. | 可没说要跟联调局工作 |
[02:20] | Peter can help us. | 彼得能帮我们 |
[02:21] | All it takes is one report. | 只需要一份报告 |
[02:23] | How do you think Ellen’s name got leaked? | 你以为爱伦的名字是怎么泄露的 |
[02:26] | No. Not Peter. | 不 绝不是彼得干的 |
[02:30] | All right, assuming this stays between us, | 好吧 假设就我们两个人 |
[02:33] | how do we take them down? | 要怎么扳倒他们 |
[02:35] | Start with the evidence Ellen collected on dirty cops 30 years ago. | 从爱伦三十年前收集的腐败警察证据开始 |
[02:38] | Where is it? | 东西在哪里 |
[02:39] | She was planning to hand that over when she got here. | 她本打算来了就交出证据的 |
[02:41] | So you don’t even know where it is? | 你连证据在哪儿都不知道吗 |
[02:42] | – Give me a chance. – Sorry, Caffrey. | -给我个机会 -抱歉 卡夫瑞 |
[02:43] | You’ve already maxed out on your quota of answers I don’t like. | 你给了我太多令我不满意的答案了 |
[02:51] | So that’s it? You’re leaving? | 就这样吗 一走了之吗 |
[02:56] | Sam, I need the truth about Ellen and my father. | 山姆 我得知道爱伦和我父亲的真相 |
[03:01] | You asked me if I knew him. | 你问我认不认识他 |
[03:04] | I did. | 我认识 |
[03:12] | – So, the key broke off in the lock? – Yeah. | -所以钥匙断在锁里了 -对 |
[03:15] | Are you sure it’s a rental? | 你确定那车是租来的吗 |
[03:16] | New model, low mileage, | 车款新 里程数低 |
[03:19] | cheap plastic key fob. | 廉价的塑料钥匙扣 |
[03:22] | Hexagonal. | 六边形的 |
[03:23] | That’s either Street Fleet or Zenith. | 不是”舰队街” 就是”真利时” |
[03:25] | I’ll keep an eye out for repair requests | 我会留意最近的修车记录 |
[03:27] | on a gray SUV with a key stuck in the door lock. | 看有没有一辆钥匙卡在门锁里的灰色SUV |
[03:30] | All right. | 好的 |
[03:34] | Let’s say you find Sam — again. | 就算说你再次找到山姆了 |
[03:36] | He’s made it clear he doesn’t trust you. | 很明显他并不信任你 |
[03:38] | Well, I have to convince him that he can. | 我得想办法让他相信我 |
[03:40] | You know, trust works both ways. | 信任是相互的 |
[03:42] | You don’t think I should trust Sam? | 你觉得我不该信任山姆 |
[03:43] | I’m simply saying you should go in with both eyes open. | 我只是说你该多个心眼 |
[03:46] | And the suit has the resources to be those eyes. | 而猫咪探长正是你需要的完美”心眼” |
[03:51] | You realize somewhere pigs are flying right now. | 我都感觉到猪在天上飞了 |
[03:54] | Yes. And that is the sound of hell freezing over. | 是啊 听上去是挺不靠谱的 |
[03:56] | Look, Peter catches wind you’re up to something, | 彼得一觉察你有动作 |
[03:59] | he’s gonna follow you. | 就会穷追不舍 |
[04:01] | He may as well be informed. | 他总会知道的 |
[04:02] | Yeah, and if he puts his investigation on the books, | 是啊 但如果他正式展开调查 |
[04:04] | it could put him at risk. | 他会有危险 |
[04:05] | You could ask him to be quiet. He’s done it before. | 你求他悄悄查 他以前做过 |
[04:08] | Yeah, well, not happily. | 那是不情不愿的 |
[04:10] | But he’s done it. | 但还是做了 |
[04:17] | On November 6th, you visited the defendant’s penthouse, | 11月6日 你前往被告人公寓 |
[04:21] | posing as an investor for his condo development. | 扮成一位对他的豪华公寓项目有兴趣的投资商 |
[04:24] | What evidence did you uncover? | 你发现了什么证据 |
[04:26] | Delancy showed me a vial of benzene. | 德兰西给我看了一瓶苯 |
[04:29] | He said it was known to cause cancer, | 他说这东西能致癌 |
[04:31] | specifically leukemia. | 特别是血癌 |
[04:33] | Did he say what he planned to do with this particular vial? | 他有说过他打算用那瓶做什么吗 |
[04:36] | He said he planned to use it | 他说他计划用它 |
[04:37] | to lace the soil samples taken by Caplin Environmental. | 掺入那份卡普林环境研究所的土地样本 |
[04:41] | When the results would come back toxic, | 这样一来样本将被检测出毒性 |
[04:43] | he’d evict the tenants from his property, | 他就能借此赶走那些在他土地上的居民 |
[04:46] | tear down their homes, | 拆了他们的家 |
[04:47] | and eventually start construction on his luxury condos, | 最后在那里兴建豪华公寓 |
[04:51] | exactly as he’d done once before. | 就像他以前做过的那样 |
[04:56] | After Delancy showed you this vial… | 在德兰西给你看了瓶子之后… |
[04:59] | Peter working on his direct for the Delancy trial? | 彼得在排练德兰西审判的指证啊 |
[05:01] | Ah, he’s the prosecution’s star witness. | 他可是检方的王牌啊 |
[05:03] | And the only thing he loves more than arresting criminals… | 唯一比逮捕罪犯更让他兴奋的 |
[05:05] | Is testifying against them at their trial. | 就是出庭指证他们 |
[05:07] | Oh, I remember. Vividly. | 我记得 印象深刻 |
[05:09] | Perfect. Then I say, “No further questions,” | 非常好 然后我就说 “没有问题了” |
[05:13] | And if all goes well… | 如果一切顺利 |
[05:14] | The jury finds Delancy guilty of mortgage fraud | 陪审团会判决德兰西贷款欺诈罪名成立 |
[05:16] | and 98 counts of civil rights violations. | 98起损害他人权益罪名成立 |
[05:19] | And since the FBI never recovered the benzene vial, | 毕竟联调局没能查获那瓶苯 |
[05:22] | this whole case is resting on your testimony. | 所以整个案子都要指望你的证词 |
[05:24] | And your key question. | 还有你的关键提问 |
[05:27] | It’s like it’s Christmas morning and he’s unwrapping a guilty verdict. | 他简直像圣诞节一早起床 狂拆”罪名成立”大礼包 |
[05:30] | Instead of laced,” I’ll say the samples were “tainted.” | 我打算把”掺入”这词换成”污染” |
[05:33] | Tainted’s more descriptive. | 污染更生动形象 |
[05:35] | Neal, you remember Josh Bryson, | 尼尔 你还记得乔什·布莱森吗 |
[05:37] | – assistant U.S. Attorney. – Josh. | -美国助理检察官 -乔什 |
[05:39] | I hear you’ve been wiping the floor with the Delancy defense. | 听说你把德兰西的律师打得满地找牙 |
[05:42] | And with Peter’s testimony today, | 加上彼得今天的指证 |
[05:43] | I plan to put them out of their misery. | 我准备给他们个痛快了 |
[05:45] | Don’t forget I worked that case with Peter. | 别忘了那案子可是我和彼得一起干的啊 |
[05:47] | Delancy showed me the vial of benzene, too, | 我也看到了德兰西的那瓶苯 |
[05:49] | when I was working undercover at Caplin Environmental | 当时我在卡普林环境研究所卧底 |
[05:52] | as a biochemical analyst, so if you — | 身份是生化检测员 所以如果你… |
[05:53] | Thank you, Neal, but I already have Peter. | 谢谢 尼尔 但我已经有彼得了 |
[05:56] | And he, uh… | 而且他… |
[05:57] | How do I put this? | 这话该怎么说呢 |
[05:58] | Don’t have a dark and sordid past as a professional con man? | 没有身为职业骗子的阴暗历史 |
[06:00] | Or an off-again, off-again relationship with the whole truth? | 也不会说起话来真真假假虚虚实实 |
[06:03] | – Or even– – Point taken, so… | -还有… -明白了… |
[06:05] | You’re more than welcome to sit in the gallery and watch me testify. | 非常欢迎你来旁听席欣赏我指证的英姿 |
[06:07] | Ah, I would love to, but I should — | 我超想去啊 不过… |
[06:09] | you know, I should probably stay here and just sharpen pencils. | 我还是留这儿 削削铅笔吧 |
[06:13] | – I’ll see you in an hour, Peter. – All right, Josh. | -一小时后见 -好的 乔什 |
[06:15] | Have a great trial. | 祝你开庭顺利 |
[06:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:19] | Since when are you interested in taking the stand? | 你啥时候开始对出庭指证感兴趣了 |
[06:22] | Ever since I realized that testifying is a con. | 从我发现指证是场骗局开始 |
[06:25] | Testifying isn’t a con. | 才不是呢 |
[06:27] | It’s a narrative crafted to have the greatest impact on a jury. | 是用简单的陈述尽可能地影响陪审团的判断 |
[06:30] | You’re convincing the jury your narrative is right. | 让陪审团相信你的陈述是真相 |
[06:32] | It’s a con. | 就是骗局嘛 |
[06:33] | Nope. Conning involves deceit. | 不对 骗局涉及欺骗 |
[06:35] | Oh, a lie of omission isn’t deceit? | 断章取义就不是欺骗啦 |
[06:38] | My testimony isn’t a lie of omission. | 我才没断章取义 |
[06:40] | Are you mentioning the part | 那你怎么不提 |
[06:41] | where the benzene was nowhere to be found | 你后来带着搜查令冲进去的时候 |
[06:42] | when you showed up with the warrant later? | 根本找不到那瓶苯的事 |
[06:44] | Bryson is asking what I uncovered, not recovered. | 布莱森是问我发现了什么 不是取回了什么 |
[06:47] | Big difference. | 区别可大了 |
[06:48] | So, testifying is as much about the questions as it is the answers. | 所以指证时的提问和答案一样重要 |
[06:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[06:53] | Then I stand corrected. | 那我说得没错 |
[06:55] | Testifying is a two-man con. | 指证就是场两人骗局 |
[06:58] | Go sharpen your pencils. | 削你的铅笔去 |
[06:59] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:06] | …which allowed him to tear down their homes | 让他得以拆除他们的家园 |
[07:08] | to build luxury condos. | 来兴建豪华公寓 |
[07:16] | And you suspected Mr. Burke would attempt this scheme a second time? | 你怀疑博尔克先生会故技重施 |
[07:20] | You mean Mr. Delancy. | 你是说德兰西先生 |
[07:22] | I will restate. | 我重述 |
[07:25] | You suspected Mr. Delancy would attempt the scheme a second time. | 你怀疑德兰西先生会故技重施 |
[07:30] | Correct. | 对 |
[07:31] | He was looking for an investor for another condo development. | 他在寻求另一幢豪宅开发的投资人 |
[07:34] | While undercover, I was that investor. | 卧底期间 我就是那个投资人 |
[07:36] | Now, in your grand jury testimony, | 在对大陪审团的证词中 |
[07:38] | you state that you visited the defendant’s penthouse | 你陈述去年11月6日你去过 |
[07:41] | on November 6th of last year. | 被告的顶楼公寓 |
[07:43] | On that date, | 在那一天 |
[07:45] | what evidence of his previous crime did you recover? | 你取回了德兰西之前罪行的什么证据 |
[07:49] | You mean uncover? | 你的意思是”发现”吗 |
[07:52] | Correct. On that date, | 对 在那一天 |
[07:54] | what evidence of Delancy’s previous crime did you recover? | 你取回了德兰西之前罪行的什么证据 |
[08:08] | On that date, I didn’t recover any evidence, | 在那一天 我没取回任何证据 |
[08:13] | but the defendant showed me — | 但被告给我看了… |
[08:14] | Objection. Non-responsive. | 反对 无关回答 |
[08:16] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[08:17] | I-I will restate. | 我…我重述 |
[08:20] | Agent Burke, on that date, | 博尔克探员 在那一天 |
[08:23] | what evidence did you uncover? | 你发现了什么证据 |
[08:30] | Mr. Delancy showed me a vial of benzene. | 德兰西给我看了一瓶苯 |
[08:39] | Thought I’d swing by on my lunch, see how it went. | 我想午饭时候过来 看看进展如何 |
[08:42] | By the looks of it, not well. | 看这表情 不太好 |
[08:44] | Bryson blew it. | 布莱森搞砸了 |
[08:45] | He was nervous, jumpy. | 他紧张不安 |
[08:48] | He botched the key question. | 他在关键提高上失误了 |
[08:49] | Bryson doesn’t botch anything. | 布莱森从不失误 |
[08:51] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[08:53] | Peter, you don’t think Delancy might have gotten to him. | 彼得 你不会认为德兰西找上他了吧 |
[08:55] | If he did, a guilty man is gonna walk. | 如果是的话 有罪之人就要逍遥法外了 |
[09:18] | hey, Josh. Come on in. | 乔什 进来吧 |
[09:20] | Can I get you something? Coffee? | 给你来点什么 咖啡吗 |
[09:21] | Thanks, Elizabeth. | 谢了 伊利莎白 |
[09:22] | Glad you came. | 很高兴你来了 |
[09:24] | Josh, what the hell happened? | 乔什 究竟怎么回事 |
[09:28] | Before court today, I received a phone call. | 出庭之前 我接到一个电话 |
[09:31] | I was told to throw the case or these go public. | 我要是不放弃此案 这些就要被公之于众 |
[09:37] | Josh. | 乔什 |
[09:40] | I take it these aren’t photoshopped? | 这些不是PS的吧 |
[09:42] | The woman in these photos — she was in the court today. | 照片里这个女人 她在法庭上 |
[09:45] | She’s Delancy’s girlfriend. | 她是德兰西的女友 |
[09:47] | Sleeping with the defense’s girlfriend. | 跟被告的女友上床 |
[09:49] | This is grounds for a mistrial. | 可能导致审判无效 |
[09:51] | – Josh– – It’s not what you think. | -乔什… -不是你想的那样 |
[09:52] | A few weeks back, I’m in a bar, grabbing a drink after work. | 几周前 我下班后在酒吧喝酒 |
[09:56] | This attractive woman approaches and starts chatting me up. | 这个漂亮女人过来跟我搭讪 |
[09:58] | She invites me over to her place. | 她约我去她家 |
[10:01] | You get the idea. | 你们懂的 |
[10:02] | Oh, no. We see the idea. | 不懂 我们看懂了 |
[10:04] | I swear to you, before this morning, | 我发誓 今早之前 |
[10:05] | I had no idea who she was. | 我完全不知道她是谁 |
[10:07] | Did you throw today on purpose? | 你今天是故意搞砸的吗 |
[10:08] | No. | 不是 |
[10:09] | I got rattled. I didn’t know what to do. | 我慌了 不知道该怎么办 |
[10:11] | And if you step down, | 而如果你退出 |
[10:12] | there’s a good chance a criminal goes free. | 很可能一个罪犯就要逍遥法外了 |
[10:14] | What’s the point of arresting these bastards | 如果不能起诉定罪 逮捕这些混蛋 |
[10:16] | if you can’t prosecute them? | 还有什么意义 |
[10:18] | Can you help? | 你能帮忙吗 |
[10:26] | These are the photos being used to blackmail Bryson. | 这些就是用来要挟布莱森的照片 |
[10:29] | That’s Delancy’s girlfriend? | 那是德兰西的女友吗 |
[10:30] | She is dedicated to her man. | 她对自己男人真有献身精神 |
[10:32] | And limber. | 此身极为柔软 |
[10:33] | And unfortunately, she’s not talking. | 遗憾的是 她不招供 |
[10:35] | We’ll have to go after the next best thing. | 我们得转移到下一个了 |
[10:38] | Landon Shepard. | 兰登·谢博德 |
[10:39] | She was Delancy’s first call after his arrest last year. | 她是去年德兰西被捕后第一个联系的人 |
[10:42] | And she was in court yesterday. | 而且她昨天在法庭上 |
[10:44] | Says she’s an executive consultant. | 据说她是执行顾问 |
[10:46] | She’s who you call when the C.E.O. of your fortune 500 company | 她就是那种财富世界五百强公司总裁 |
[10:49] | crashes his Bentley with his 18-year-old mistress’s head on his lap. | 跟18岁情妇玩车震撞坏豪车时会联系的人 |
[10:53] | Or when the FBI is closing in | 或是被联邦调查局包围 |
[10:54] | and you’ve got a vial of benzene in the top drawer of your desk. | 而桌子抽屉里有一瓶苯要处理时会联系的人 |
[10:57] | – She’s a fixer. – She’s good. She’s connected. | -她是消灾人 -她很厉害 有各种关系 |
[10:59] | A year later, we still can’t pin anything on her. | 一年了 我们还是抓不到她的任何把柄 |
[11:01] | Can we subpoena her phone records? | 我们能传唤她的电话记录吗 |
[11:03] | All incoming calls go to an office voicemail. | 所有来电都转入办公室的语音信箱 |
[11:05] | So far, we’ve been unable to link any other number to her. | 目前为止 我们没法把她跟任何号码联系起来 |
[11:08] | She gets in your head. | 她还很能读心 |
[11:09] | I mean, I questioned her a year ago, and in five minutes, | 我一年前我审问过她 她在五分钟之内 |
[11:11] | she could tell things about me that my own mother couldn’t. | 能解读出我连我妈都不知道的事情 |
[11:15] | It wasn’t right. | 太可怕了 |
[11:16] | We have to find a way to get to her. | 我们得想办法找到她 |
[11:18] | Or she could come to us. | 或者她找上我们 |
[11:27] | Diana. | 戴安 |
[11:29] | Ms. Shepard, my name is — | 谢博德小姐 我是… |
[11:31] | Agent Burke. | 博尔克探员 |
[11:33] | I hear you’ve been asking questions about me behind my back. | 我听说你暗地里打听我的消息 |
[11:36] | Again. | 非止一次了 |
[11:37] | I thought I’d stop by and save you the trouble. | 我就想干脆来坐坐 免去你的麻烦 |
[11:39] | Agent Berrigan and I would love to chat with you. | 柏瑞根探员和我很乐意跟你聊聊 |
[11:42] | No Clinton Jones today? | 克林顿·琼斯不来了吗 |
[11:43] | Don’t tell me. | 不用说了 |
[11:44] | He’s off seeking daddy’s approval through overachievement. | 他已放弃好好表现赢得父亲认同了吧 |
[11:47] | I got 15 minutes. | 我有十五分钟时间 |
[11:48] | I assume your interrogation room is this way. | 你们的审讯室是在这边吧 |
[11:58] | What can you tell us about Victor Delancy’s girlfriend? | 关于维克多·德兰西的女友 你知道些什么 |
[12:01] | I can tell you a lot of things about a lot of people. | 我知道很多人的很多事 |
[12:03] | Specifics. | 具体点 |
[12:04] | Well, take you — loyal husband, respected agent. | 比如你 忠诚的丈夫 受尊敬的探员 |
[12:08] | And you’re virtually untouchable. | 几乎无可挑剔 |
[12:10] | But the assistant U.S. attorney working the Delancy case — | 而德兰西案的助理检察官 |
[12:13] | not so much from what I hear. | 我听说就没那么完美了 |
[12:15] | So you admit Victor Delancy’s a client? | 所以你承认维克多·德兰西是你的客户吗 |
[12:17] | Oh, my clients expect anonymity. I admit nothing. | 我的客户都要求匿名 我没承认任何事情 |
[12:20] | It’s a game to her. | 这对于她是一场游戏 |
[12:22] | If I didn’t know any better, | 要不是我不了解的话 |
[12:24] | I’d think she senses my presence. | 我会认为她能感知到我在旁观 |
[12:27] | You call yourself an executive consultant. | 你自称为执行顾问 |
[12:29] | What does that entail? | 这工作要做什么 |
[12:30] | I provide my clients with much-needed structure. | 我给客户提供很需要的内容 |
[12:33] | Something I see you could appreciate. | 有些东西你也会感兴趣 |
[12:35] | – I’m not following. – Well, your tattoo. | -我没听懂 -比如你的纹身 |
[12:37] | Squares syolize stability, foundation. | 正方形象征稳定 根基 |
[12:39] | The line connecting them signifies companionship. | 之间的连线意味着伴侣关系 |
[12:42] | You must have been very much in love. | 你一定深深爱过 |
[12:45] | Five years ago, I’d say from the fading. | 从褪色上看 是五年前 |
[12:47] | Tattoos are forever. | 纹身永远在 |
[12:49] | Love, I guess not so much so. | 爱情 就不一定了 |
[12:51] | – Listen, you– – Easy. | -你听着… -冷静 |
[12:55] | She’s controlling the entire interview. | 她主导了整场面谈 |
[12:57] | Yeah, because Peter’s letting her. | 对 因为彼得故意的 |
[12:58] | He’s playing to Shepard’s ego. | 他在利用谢博德的自负 |
[13:00] | – Why? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -我不知道 |
[13:01] | Rumor has it you know some powerful people. | 有传言说你认识一些大人物 |
[13:04] | Well, I rely on the people I know to get what I want, | 我就是靠认识的人做事的 |
[13:07] | from the mayor to the man who washes my windows. | 上至市长 下至我家洗窗工 |
[13:10] | Makes me wish we’d met sooner. | 要是我们早点认识该有多好 |
[13:12] | I hit a rough patch here at the bureau a month or so back. | 我上个月在局里不太顺 |
[13:15] | Oh, that’s a shame. I could have put in a good word for you. | 真是可惜 我本可为你美言几句 |
[13:18] | With who? | 跟谁说 |
[13:19] | The mayor or the window washer? | 市长还是洗窗工 |
[13:20] | Who do you think? | 你觉得是谁 |
[13:21] | I think your real skill is the art of the bluff, | 我觉得你真正的本事就是虚张声势 |
[13:25] | making claims you know full well you can’t back up. | 声称跟一些己所不及的人熟识 |
[13:37] | Yes, Landon Shepard for the mayor. | 是 兰登·谢博德找市长 |
[13:40] | Hello, sir. Landon Shepard. | 先生你好 我是兰登·谢博德 |
[13:42] | Indeed, it has been some time. | 的确 有些时日了 |
[13:45] | Well, we can confirm she’s got a cell. | 我们可以确定她有手机了 |
[13:47] | That’s Peter’s play. | 这就是彼得的招数 |
[13:48] | If it were registered under her real name, we’d know about it. | 如果是实名注册的 我们早就知道了 |
[13:51] | For a subpoena, we’d need either her alias — | 若要传唤 我们需要她的化名… |
[13:53] | Or her cell number. | 或者手机号码 |
[13:54] | City hall phone logs are public record. | 市政厅的电话记录是公开的 |
[13:58] | Not bad, Peter. Not bad at all. | 不赖嘛 彼得 真是不赖 |
[14:02] | Shall I say hi? | 要我替你问好吗 |
[14:03] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[14:07] | – Anything? – Well, good news is, | -怎么样 -好消息是 |
[14:08] | we’ve got Shepard’s phone records dating back nine years. | 我们拿到了谢博德九年来的电话记录 |
[14:11] | Bad news? | 坏消息呢 |
[14:12] | We’ve got Shepard’s phone records dating back nine years. | 我们拿到了谢博德九年来的电话记录 |
[14:14] | No names, all outgoing numbers. | 没有名字 全是拨出电话 |
[14:16] | I mean, there must be thousands here. | 有成千上万条 |
[14:17] | And for the record, she was wrong about my tattoo. | 我得指出 她对于我的纹身说的不对 |
[14:20] | I got it four years ago, not five. | 我是四年前纹的 不是五年前 |
[14:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:23] | Keep focusing on calls made yesterday. | 继续关注昨天的通话 |
[14:25] | If we can establish a link between Shepard and — | 如果我们能联系起谢博德和… |
[14:27] | – Hold on. – You have something? | -等等 -你有发现了 |
[14:29] | Yeah, this number. | 是的 这个号码 |
[14:31] | There it is again. | 又出现了 |
[14:32] | Her number is all over this thing. | 她的号码出现了无数次 |
[14:36] | – Isn’t that — yeah. | -这不是… -没错 |
[14:42] | Sterling Bosch has had Shepard on retainer for years. | 谢博德为斯特林·博施当了好几年的律师 |
[14:44] | For what purposes? | 出于什么方面 |
[14:45] | We’re in the business of recovery. | 我们公司有寻回产业的业务 |
[14:47] | If someone stands between us and something we want, | 如果有人想搅和或是抢东西 |
[14:49] | She has the connections to make them roll over, | 她会用人脉让这些家伙屁滚尿流 |
[14:51] | And she is damn good at cleaning up messes. | 而且她收拾烂摊子的能力不是一般的强 |
[14:53] | – Such as? – I may or may not have hired her | -比如呢 -我貌似有雇佣过她帮我 |
[14:55] | to retrieve my broken heel from Ivanka Trump’s air vent. | 从伊万卡·特朗普家的通气管把断掉的鞋跟取回来 |
[14:57] | Don’t ask. | 别问 |
[14:58] | So, you’re aware of her methods. | 看来你很清楚她那些手段了 |
[15:00] | She has very strict rules. | 她规矩很严格 |
[15:02] | You tell her what you need, and she gets it done. | 告诉她你目标 她就会搞定 |
[15:04] | But if you question her means or even ask what they are, | 可如果你多嘴问她怎么办到的 |
[15:06] | she will terminate the job. | 她就不干了 |
[15:08] | Don’t ask how she gets her results, and she won’t tell you. | 别问她怎么拿到的结果 她也不会告诉你 |
[15:10] | Peter, I know Shepard isn’t by the book, | 彼得 我知道谢博德不择手段 |
[15:12] | But I had no idea she’d work for scum like Delancy, | 但我不知道她会为德兰西这种人渣做事 |
[15:15] | Let alone threaten the career of a federal prosecutor. | 更别说威胁一名检察官的职业生涯了 |
[15:18] | We know Shepard works below board. | 我们知道谢博德爱玩阴的 |
[15:19] | What if we can get her to incriminate herself? | 如果我们能让她自投罗网呢 |
[15:21] | – Use it to leverage a confession. – Yeah. | -由此来让她供出实情 -正解 |
[15:23] | Get her to admit that she’s extorting Bryson. | 让她承认敲诈了布莱森 |
[15:28] | Sara… | 莎拉 |
[15:29] | How loyal is Shepard to Sterling Bosch? | 谢博德对斯特林·博施有多忠诚 |
[15:31] | Very. Why? | 非常忠诚 怎么了 |
[15:34] | I think I know a way we can use her own schemes against her. | 我感觉我有办法让她玩火自焚 |
[15:37] | You willing to help? | 你愿意帮忙吗 |
[15:39] | For you… | 帮你们 |
[15:40] | What do I do? | 要我做什么吧 |
[15:48] | Miss Shepard, hi. | 谢博德小姐你好 |
[15:49] | Thank you so much for calling me back. | 谢谢你回电话 |
[15:51] | Sara, what can I do for you? | 莎拉 需要帮什么忙吗 |
[15:53] | Well, I have a job offer for you | 我有个活儿给你 |
[15:55] | That’s a bit sensitive in nature. | 其实有点难以启齿 |
[15:57] | Well, I’m here to help. | 乐意帮忙 |
[15:58] | My ex-boyfriend, Steve Tabernackle, | 我前男友 斯蒂夫·泰伯奈克 |
[16:01] | has some compromising photos of me and another man | 他有我和别的男人的不雅照 |
[16:03] | that he’s threatening to expose. | 他威胁我说要公诸于世 |
[16:05] | I can’t convince him to destroy them, | 他不肯听我的话把照片销毁 |
[16:07] | So I was hoping maybe you could. | 所以我希望你能帮个忙 |
[16:09] | Well, this Tabernackle sounds very unpleasant. | 这个泰伯奈克很欠扁啊 |
[16:11] | Oh, unpleasant doesn’t even begin to describe him. | 岂止是很欠扁 |
[16:13] | He’s a financial scammer, an ex-con, a thief, a liar. | 他是个金融骗子 欺诈犯 小偷 撒谎精 |
[16:19] | You get the picture. | 你能了解了吧 |
[16:20] | Is there anything else I should know? | 还有什么别的信息吗 |
[16:22] | Yes. Most Wednesdays, | 有 几乎每周三 |
[16:23] | he plays high stakes Pai Gow on canal with a dozen ex-felons — | 他都和一推前科犯在运河边大手笔玩牌九 |
[16:27] | clearly a violation of his parole. | 明显触犯了他的假释规定 |
[16:29] | Maybe you can use that. | 或许你可以利用这点 |
[16:30] | There’s nothing a parolee hates more than prison. | 假释犯最痛恨监狱了 |
[16:32] | So by this time tomorrow, I just need assurances | 到明天这个时候 你要确保 |
[16:34] | That those pictures will never see the light of day. | 那些照片永远不会流传出去 |
[16:37] | For one of my favorite clients, consider it done. | 你是我最喜欢的客户 没问题 |
[16:40] | Thank you so much, Miss Shepard. | 非常感谢 谢博德小姐 |
[16:41] | It’s a pleasure doing business with you. | 和你合作真是痛快 |
[16:44] | So, once we catch her red-handed trying to blackmail me… | 只要在她敲诈我时逮她个现行犯 |
[16:46] | We flip her on Delancy and strong-arm a confession. | 我们就能让她不得不供出德兰西 |
[16:49] | For the record, | 郑重声明 |
[16:50] | I am very much not the incriminating-photos type. | 我可根本不像是有不雅照片的人 |
[16:53] | – Well, there was… – Neal, I thought I was hitting speed dial. | -那次… -我当时以为按的是速拔键 |
[16:55] | Right. All right. | 好吧 |
[16:56] | What matters is that Steve Tabernackle’s story | 只是你说斯蒂夫·泰伯奈克 |
[16:59] | is backstopped as a parolee. | 是前科犯的事 |
[17:01] | Shepard can dig, | 谢博德可是会查的 |
[17:02] | But she won’t link Neal to the FBI. | 可她发现不了尼尔和联调局的关系 |
[17:04] | Back in Steve’s shoes. | 又要变回斯蒂夫了 |
[17:06] | Sara, thank you for sacrificing | 莎拉 谢谢你牺牲掉 |
[17:08] | Sterling Bosch’s Ms. Fix-it. | 斯特林·博施的消灾人 |
[17:10] | Just another day at white collar. | 精英调查组就这样啊 |
[17:18] | Still no response from Sam? | 始终没有山姆的回信吗 |
[17:20] | Could be anywhere. | 不知道他在哪 |
[17:21] | Diana has a contact in D.C. | 戴安在华盛顿有人 |
[17:24] | He offered to run a search on a Sam in the metro P.D. 30 years ago. | 他可以调山姆三十年前的警局资料 |
[17:28] | – Won’t be easy without a… – thanks, | -不过难就难在… -谢了 |
[17:29] | Peter, but when Sam’s ready to talk, | 彼得 山姆想说的时候 |
[17:30] | he knows how to find me. | 他知道上哪找我 |
[17:33] | – What’s going on? – What do you mean? | -怎么了这是 -什么意思 |
[17:35] | I just offered you a potential avenue to find Sam, | 我刚给了你找到山姆的捷径 |
[17:37] | and you’re telling me no. | 你拒绝了 |
[17:39] | I’ve been thinking about the timing of Ellen’s death. | 我在想有关爱伦死期的事 |
[17:42] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[17:43] | She’s in WITSEC for close to three decades, | 她已经接受证人保护计划将近三十年了 |
[17:45] | And a few weeks after her name pops up in some FBI report — | 联调局的报告中冒出她名字的几周后… |
[17:48] | You think whoever killed her had access? | 你是说杀她的凶手有内应吗 |
[17:50] | We can’t rule that out. | 并非不可能 |
[17:53] | If Sam and I end up working together, | 如果最后我和山姆合作了 |
[17:55] | I want you involved — you know that. | 我想让你加入 你知道的 |
[17:56] | Only if I keep the investigation off-book. | 但我得私下调查 |
[17:59] | I never said that. | 我可没那么说 |
[18:00] | – You didn’t have to. – And will you? | -你不必说 -那你会吗 |
[18:02] | Neal, I know you want answers, and I want to help. | 尼尔 我知道你想要真相 我也想帮忙 |
[18:04] | But right now, I’m in no position | 可现在 我没资格再去 |
[18:07] | to be breaking into another U-boat. | 闯入另一个潜水艇了 |
[18:08] | – I doubt this involves a submarine. – Oh, no? | -这次应该不会有潜水艇了 -没有吗 |
[18:10] | Maybe he’s got a blimp. | 没准他有个小汽艇呢 |
[18:12] | Okay. All right. | 行了 好吧 |
[18:15] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[18:17] | I need you focusing on Shepard. | 我要你专注到谢博德的事上来 |
[18:19] | Someone who has no trouble working off-book. | 人家可不在乎私下调查 |
[18:22] | Let me know if she contacts you. | 她联系上你就通知我 |
[18:23] | I will. | 好的 |
[18:25] | Good night, Peter. | 晚安 彼得 |
[18:26] | Good night, Neal. | 晚安 尼尔 |
[18:49] | Oh, I see you cleaned house at Pai Gow. | 我见你在牌九场大杀四方啊 |
[18:51] | I see you’ve got a fake baby. | 我见你弄了个假婴儿 |
[18:52] | And a lead on our mysterious Sam. | 我找到神秘山姆的消息了 |
[18:55] | The gray SUV pinged at Zenith rent-a-car on Varick. | 瓦里克镇的”真利时”租车所发现了那辆灰色SUV |
[18:58] | That’s great news. Still doesn’t explain the baby. | 是个好消息 但还是没说婴儿是干嘛的 |
[19:01] | Bartholomew helped me access their mainframe. | 巴萨罗穆帮我进入了他们的主机 |
[19:03] | With his computer-science degree? | 就凭他的电脑文凭吗 |
[19:05] | Think of him as a Swiss army knife. | 把他当做一把瑞士军刀吧 |
[19:08] | That occasionally wets himself. | 偶尔尿裤子 |
[19:12] | The SUV’s maintenance records. | SUV的维修记录 |
[19:14] | Credit-card number for a Samuel Phelps. | 信用卡号是山缪尔·费尔斯的 |
[19:17] | Moz, this is huge. Thank you. | 蚊子 这真是个大忙 谢啦 |
[19:19] | Now, did you feel out the suit? | 你试探猫咪探长了吗 |
[19:20] | – I did. – And? | -试探了 -结果呢 |
[19:21] | And the last time he went off-book for me, | 他上次帮我私下搞 |
[19:23] | he almost lost his job. | 差点把工作都丢了 |
[19:24] | Until I know more, | 在我知道更多详情前 |
[19:25] | it’s safer for everyone to keep Peter out of this. | 不让彼得插手此事 对大家都好 |
[19:33] | Hello? | 你好 |
[19:33] | Mr. Tabernackle? | 泰伯奈克先生吗 |
[19:35] | Who is this? | 您哪位 |
[19:36] | We’ve never met, but we share a number of interests — | 我们不认识 但我们有好多共同爱好 |
[19:39] | Sara Ellis, photography, gambling. | 莎拉·埃利斯 摄影 赌博 |
[19:41] | And if you’re smart, you’ll meet me in person to discuss them. | 聪明的话 就私下找我聊聊 |
[19:44] | How does 10:00 a.m. tomorrow sound? | 明天上午十点怎么样 |
[19:53] | I need you to get Shepard on tape | 我要你把谢博德录下来 |
[19:55] | explicitly telling you to — | 明确让她告诉你 |
[19:56] | To destroy the photos | 把照片毁掉 |
[19:58] | or she’ll release the dirt she’s got on me. | 不然就把我的丑事捅出去 |
[19:59] | I know a thing or two about avoiding blackmail. | 我对摆脱敲诈也算略知一二 |
[20:01] | You mean proving blackmail. | 是证明敲诈吧 |
[20:03] | That’s not what I said? | 我刚才不是这么说的吗 |
[20:04] | Remember, your questions can steer her answers. | 记住 你的问题可以引导她的回答 |
[20:07] | – Yeah, like a con. – Like testimony. | -是的 就像骗局 -就像指证 |
[20:09] | I’ve got eyes on Shepard. | 我会盯着谢博德的 |
[20:11] | Here we go. | 出发 |
[20:12] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[20:22] | Mr. Tabernackle. | 泰伯奈克先生 |
[20:24] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[20:25] | You have photos of Sara Ellis she’d like destroyed. | 你手上有莎拉·埃利斯想毁掉的照片 |
[20:28] | I want you to make that happen. | 我想让你乖乖毁掉 |
[20:31] | And if I don’t? | 如果我不毁掉呢 |
[20:32] | I find out what kind of risk taker you are | 那就要看你甘让你朋友 |
[20:33] | when it comes to your friends. | 冒多大的风险了 |
[20:35] | Where’s she going with this? | 她有何盘算 |
[20:36] | Last night, one of Steve Tabernackle’s suspected associates | 昨晚 斯蒂夫·泰伯奈克可疑同伙之一 |
[20:40] | went to Great Lengths to obtain this. | 不择手段拿到了这个 |
[20:46] | Can you tell what it is? | 你能看出那是什么吗 |
[20:46] | Looks like an invoice of some sort. | 看起来像发票之类的东西 |
[20:49] | That doesn’t belong to you. | 那不属于你 |
[20:51] | Nor does it belong to the funny little bald man | 也不属于那个不惜触犯十五条法律 |
[20:53] | who broke 15 laws trying to obtain it, | 把它弄到手的可爱小秃子 |
[20:55] | 3 of which involved | 其中三项涉及到 |
[20:56] | what I can only hope was a fake rubber child. | 我希望只是个假玩具娃娃的东西 |
[21:00] | Damn it. She wasn’t following Neal last night. | 糟了 她昨晚跟踪的不是尼尔 |
[21:02] | She was following Mozzie. | 她跟踪的是蚊子 |
[21:03] | Now, why would someone go to such extraordinary lengths | 为什么会有人大老远的去那里 |
[21:06] | for something so innocuous? | 弄这么普通的东西呢 |
[21:09] | I did some digging. It turns out — | 我做了点调查 原来… |
[21:11] | I’ll destroy the photos. | 我会把照片销毁的 |
[21:13] | They’ll never see the light of day. | 它们不会曝光的 |
[21:16] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[21:18] | What did he just do? | 他这是在干嘛 |
[21:19] | He tanked it — the whole damn thing. | 他放弃了 整个计划 |
[21:21] | Shepard walks. We got nothing! | 谢博德无罪脱逃 我们空手而回 |
[21:24] | Identity comes from family. | 家人赋予我们生命 |
[21:26] | And those without family cherish their friendships. | 没有家人的更珍惜友谊 |
[21:29] | Your choice. | 你自己选 |
[21:32] | Oh, I’ll be holding on to this. | 这个我先留着 |
[21:34] | Assurances and all. | 以防万一嘛 |
[21:35] | It’s been a pleasure. | 很高兴与你见面 |
[21:49] | You blew it, Neal. | 你搞砸了 尼尔 |
[21:51] | With a trial and a man’s career at stake, | 一起案子 还有一个人的职业生涯 |
[21:53] | you blew it. | 你都搞砸了 |
[21:58] | If Mozzie’s name ends up in the FBI files, | 如果蚊子的名字出现在联调局档案上 |
[22:00] | he’s made. | 他就有痕迹了 |
[22:01] | I could have excluded his name from the official report. | 我能把他的名字从官方报告上消掉 |
[22:04] | -You know that. – Do I? | -你知道的 -是吗 |
[22:05] | That puts you off-book. | 那可是私下操作 |
[22:07] | Is that what this is about? Neal, what’s going on? | 就为了这个吗 尼尔 到底怎么了 |
[22:10] | What was on that piece of paper? | 那张纸上到底写了什么 |
[22:11] | Something Mozzie wouldn’t want exposed. | 蚊子不想被披露的事情 |
[22:13] | – That’s all I can tell you. – Neal — | -我只能说这么多 -尼尔 |
[22:15] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我别无选择 |
[22:19] | Get out of here. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 出去 明天见 |
[22:31] | Of course that made the suit suspicious! | 这当然会引起猫咪的怀疑 |
[22:33] | And the lady fixer made me. I can’t believe she made me. | 消灾女坑了我 真不敢相信她坑了我 |
[22:36] | It’s not your fault, Moz. She’s good. | 这不是你的错 蚊子 她很厉害 |
[22:38] | No one is that good. | 没人那么厉害 |
[22:40] | You know what this is? Too much time on the island. | 你知道怎么回事吗 在岛上度假太久了 |
[22:42] | – I’ve gone soft. – Don’t be ridiculous, okay? – Watch. | -我变弱了 -别傻了 -看着 |
[22:46] | I once killed a man with this trick. | 我之前用这招杀过一个人呢 |
[22:49] | You never killed a man doing that. | 你才没用过那招杀人呢 |
[22:51] | I could have. Once. | 有一次真的有机会的 |
[22:53] | That’s it. | 好吧 |
[22:54] | I’m gonna go to Aruba and get my edge back. | 我要去阿鲁巴岛调整一下状态 |
[22:57] | Before you go assassinating apples in Aruba, | 在你去暗杀阿鲁巴岛的苹果之前 |
[22:59] | how about you help me find a way to stop Shepard? | 能不能先帮我想办法阻止谢博德 |
[23:02] | That I can still help you with. What are her weaknesses? | 这我倒是可以帮忙 她有什么弱点 |
[23:05] | Well, she’s a control freak. | 她是个控制狂 |
[23:07] | She hates it when her clients question her methods. | 她讨厌客户质疑她的手段 |
[23:10] | And her strengths? | 她的优点呢 |
[23:11] | Well-connected… | 善于交流 |
[23:13] | Good at reading people. | 很懂怎么看人 |
[23:15] | She has long-term clients on the level of Sterling Bosch. | 她有斯博保险公司这种级别的长期客户 |
[23:21] | Show-off. | 炫耀鬼 |
[23:23] | Any way to use her strengths against her? | 有办法用她的长处对付她吗 |
[23:28] | I know how we can take Bryson’s extortion photos out of play. | 我有办法保证布莱森的照片不被利用了 |
[23:31] | I’m all ears. | 洗耳恭听 |
[23:33] | How would you feel about sleeping with Sara Ellis? | 你跟莎拉·埃利斯上床如何 |
[23:43] | Do you have any idea what’s this about? | 你知道这是要干嘛吗 |
[23:45] | – No. You? – No clue. | -不知道 你呢 -毫无头绪 |
[23:47] | Why did I agree to this? This is a terrible idea. | 我怎么会同意的 这主意烂透了 |
[23:50] | Hey, if you have a better idea, I would love to hear it. | 如果你有更好的主意 我悉听尊便 |
[23:53] | Fine. But you should tell them. | 好吧 但你负责告诉她们 |
[23:55] | It’s your brilliant idea. | 这是你的天才主意 |
[23:56] | It’s your wife. | 那是你妻子 |
[23:57] | It’s your ex-girlfriend. | 那还是你前女友呢 |
[23:59] | Oh, so you want me to control the narrative? | 所以你想让我负责描述吗 |
[24:02] | – Let’s tell them together. – Great. | -还是一起开口吧 -好的 |
[24:03] | – Great. All right. – Let’s do it. | -好极了 -就这么办 |
[24:05] | -Teamwork, right? – Yep. Teamwork. | -团队合作 对吗 -没错 团队合作 |
[24:07] | – Okay? You and me. – Yep. | -对 二人携手 -对 |
[24:11] | I’d like to start by saying this is Neal’s idea. | 我想先申明这都是尼尔的主意 |
[24:15] | That Peter supports 100%. | 但彼得100%支持 |
[24:17] | Okay. Can one of you just please speak? | 好吧 你们谁能直接开口 |
[24:19] | Well, it occurred to Neal — | 尼尔想到… |
[24:21] | – Us. – Us — | -我们 -我们 |
[24:22] | That if Shepard were to drop Delancy as a client, | 如果谢博德放弃德兰西这个客户 |
[24:26] | Delancy’s extortion scheme would go up in smoke. | 德兰西的勒索阴谋就烟消云散了 |
[24:29] | And Shepard would still have the photos of Josh | 就算谢博德依旧有乔什的照片 |
[24:32] | but would have no incentive to use them. | 也不会利用了 |
[24:34] | Exactly. | 正解 |
[24:34] | So how do we get Shepard to drop Delancy? | 我们怎么让谢博德放弃德兰西呢 |
[24:37] | By convincing Delancy that I am still a threat to his freedom. | 说服德兰西我依旧会威胁到他的自由 |
[24:41] | I had Neal working undercover on this one. | 我让尼尔卧底做这个 |
[24:42] | Using my alias at Caplin, | 用我在卡普林的化名 |
[24:44] | I’ll give Delancy dirt on Peter that’s so tempting, | 我会提供德兰西关于彼得的有力污点 |
[24:47] | he’ll insist Shepard uses it. | 他会坚持让谢博德用它 |
[24:49] | Shepard will refuse. | 而谢博德会拒绝 |
[24:50] | Delancy won’t take no for an answer. | 德兰西不会接受拒绝 |
[24:52] | She’ll resent having her methods questioned, | 她会反感自己的手段被质疑了 |
[24:54] | so they’ll argue. | 于是他们就会争吵 |
[24:55] | Shepard will drop Delancy as a client, and poof. | 谢博德会放弃德兰西这个客户 还有证据 |
[24:59] | We’ve neutralized the extortion threat against Bryson. | 我们就化解了布莱森面临的勒索危机 |
[25:03] | And why wouldn’t she use the dirt she has against you? | 她为什么不会用这个污点来对付你呢 |
[25:06] | Out of her loyalty to her best client. | 出于她对她最优客户的忠诚度 |
[25:10] | Who’s her best client? | 谁是她的最优客户 |
[25:14] | The insurance investigator | 保险调查员 |
[25:16] | who’s sleeping with your husband. | 和你丈夫有一腿的人 |
[25:17] | Oh, uh — it’s — | 这个 |
[25:20] | No. No, no. | 不行 不行 不行 |
[25:21] | Sara already told Shepard | 莎拉和谢博德说过 |
[25:22] | that there are compromising photos of her with another man out there. | 她和别的男人有不雅照 |
[25:25] | You never mentioned who that man was. | 你从没说过那个人是谁 |
[25:26] | Which gives us creative license to make those photos real. | 这让我们可以趁机把照片弄假成真 |
[25:30] | -What? – No, I mean — | -什么 -我是说 |
[25:32] | Not real, but look real. Real-looking. | 不是真的 但看上去像真的 仿真 |
[25:35] | And you can completely be there. | 你可以全程都在那儿 |
[25:36] | In the photos? | 在照片里吗 |
[25:37] | No, no. I’m just saying that you can watch. | 不是 我是说你可以看着 |
[25:40] | Oh, ’cause that won’t be awkward. | 这一点也不会尴尬呢 |
[25:46] | I hate to say it, but I think it’ll work. | 我不想承认 但感觉能成啊 |
[25:50] | Yeah, as long as the photos are…convincing. | 只要这些照片 够说服力 |
[25:53] | Okay. By “Convincing,” you mean… | “够说服力”的意思是说 |
[25:56] | I’m talking about showing a little skin. | 我是说小露一点肌肤 |
[25:57] | A state of tasteful undress. | 雅观地裸着 |
[26:00] | Where do you do this? | 你们准备在哪儿做 |
[26:08] | Honey, you sure you want to be here? | 亲爱的 你确定你要在这儿吗 |
[26:09] | If you’re sure you’re doing this, | 只要你确定要这么做 |
[26:11] | I’m sure I want to be here. | 我就确定我要在这儿 |
[26:12] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:13] | Neal, how do you want this? | 尼尔 你想怎么照 |
[26:15] | It’s like — it’s like you just stumbled in from dinner. | 就像 就像你从晚宴出来 跌跌撞撞的 |
[26:17] | You’re a little drunk. | 你有点微醺 |
[26:18] | But, you know, most importantly… | 不过 最重要的是 |
[26:21] | You’re burning with desire. | 你欲火焚身 |
[26:23] | God, that’s what I get for asking. | 天啊 就得到这种回答 |
[26:25] | What do we do? Do we just wing this? | 我们该怎么办 即兴发挥吗 |
[26:27] | Wing it! | 即兴吧 |
[26:27] | Yeah. Yeah, let’s just wing it. | 没错 即兴发挥吧 |
[26:29] | Yeah. Wing it. | 没错 即兴发挥 |
[26:31] | – Okay. – All right. | -好的 -好吧 |
[26:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:42] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[26:43] | Okay, I’m sorry. I-I’ve got to stop you. | 好吧 对不起 我得打断你们 |
[26:46] | I feel like a limo driver on prom night. | 我觉得自己英雄无用武之地啊 |
[26:48] | You want to leave? | 你想离开了吗 |
[26:49] | No. Honey, I want you to get into it. | 不是 亲爱的 我想让你更融入角色 |
[26:51] | Come on! You’re an intense, sexy man. | 拜托 你那么热情 那么性感 |
[26:54] | Show her what you got. Come on. | 给她露一手 加油 |
[26:56] | All right. Okay. | 好吧 好的 |
[26:59] | Yeah, Sara, just maybe — | 莎拉 也许 |
[27:01] | You know, maybe loosen it up a little bit. | 放轻松点应该会好些 |
[27:03] | I’m sorry. What? | 对不起 什么 |
[27:03] | It needs to look passionate. | 要看上去很激情才行 |
[27:05] | What, is this better? Whoa. | 这样更好一点吗 |
[27:06] | – Yeah. Yeah, yeah. – That’s good, right? – Okay. | -没错 -这很好 对吗 -好吧 |
[27:09] | – That’s — oh — – There. All right. | -这真是 -好吧 |
[27:12] | This is weird. | 太诡异了 |
[27:19] | Honey, put left hand down a little further, further. | 亲爱的 把手再放下去点 再下去 |
[27:22] | Lower? | 低点吗 |
[27:22] | Yeah, there you go. | 这就对了 |
[27:24] | – Sara, do that thing with your leg. – Neal, I got it! | -莎拉 那个用腿 -尼尔 我知道 |
[27:26] | Sara, maybe you could put your head back. | 莎拉 也许你该把头往后仰 |
[27:28] | – Back? – Okay. Yeah, there you go. | -后仰吗 -好的 这就对了 |
[27:29] | There you go. Wow. Okay, that’s good. | 这就对了 很不错 |
[27:32] | That’s hot. | 太销魂了 |
[27:32] | Romance-novel cover, right there. | 罗曼史小说封面 新鲜出炉 |
[27:34] | Whisper in his ear. He likes that at home. | 在他耳边呢喃 他在家就爱这样 |
[27:35] | – Oh, hi, Peter. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. That’s good. Okay. | -嗨 彼得 -很不错 好的 |
[27:38] | Lift her up. Lift her. Oh. | 把她举起来 举起来 |
[27:39] | – Yeah, there you go. Lean back. – That’s good. | -就这样 往后仰 -很好 |
[27:41] | A little further. A little further, yeah. | 再远点 再远点 |
[27:43] | Careful. | 小心 |
[27:46] | Okay. | 好了 |
[27:48] | I think we got it. | 艳照应该够了 |
[27:49] | That’s a wrap. | 可以收工了 |
[27:57] | There’s my scientist guy. | 我们的科学家来啦 |
[27:59] | Good to see house arrest hasn’t cramped your style, Delancy. | 看到软禁没有影响你的格调真好 德兰西 |
[28:02] | Alcott. | 奥尔科特 |
[28:04] | Hey, I heard through the grapevine | 我听小道消息说 |
[28:05] | that, uh, Burke roughed you up pretty good last night. | 博尔克昨晚没少整你啊 |
[28:07] | Yeah, that son of a bitch tried to turn me. | 是啊 那混蛋想要坑我 |
[28:09] | He says he knows I offered to look the other way | 他说他知道我故意睁只眼闭只眼 |
[28:11] | so you could taint the samples. | 好让你有机会污染土壤样本 |
[28:13] | He’s after that missing benzene. | 他在找那瓶失踪的苯 |
[28:14] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[28:15] | Yeah. Well, lucky for us… | 不过 算我们走运 |
[28:19] | He’s no angel. | 他也非圣贤 |
[28:21] | Busted. | 捉奸在床 |
[28:23] | I love it! | 这个我喜欢 |
[28:24] | Look, I helped you out. | 我帮了你这个忙 |
[28:25] | I was hoping you could help me, too. | 也希望你能帮我一把 |
[28:27] | I got somebody that can take care of this. | 我有绝佳的人选来解决这事 |
[28:28] | Are you sure? ’cause I cannot lose my job. | 你确定吗 我可不能丢了饭碗 |
[28:30] | No, no, no. I got it. | 放心 我胜券在握 |
[28:32] | – Honey? – Yeah, babe. | -亲爱的 -怎么 宝贝 |
[28:33] | Shepard’s here. You want me to let her in? | 谢博德到了 让她进来吗 |
[28:35] | Sure, hon. | 好的 宝贝 |
[28:37] | Hey, speak of the devil, stick around. | 说曹操 曹操到 你留下来 |
[28:39] | I’ll introduce you to her. | 我要介绍你们认识 |
[28:40] | You know, I would, but I’m late for an appointment. | 非常乐意 不过我还约了别人 |
[28:42] | – I’ll see you. – All right. | -得先走了 -好吧 |
[28:49] | He’s in the back. | 他在里面 |
[29:00] | I didn’t appreciate the tone of your voicemail last night. | 我很不喜欢你昨晚留言的语气 |
[29:02] | I told you, you chose the wrong target. | 我说过 你盯错人了 |
[29:04] | You’re days away from becoming a free man, thanks to me. | 多亏了我 你才能很快无罪解禁 |
[29:07] | Not if Burke’s got something to do with it. | 要是博尔克继续搅和就不一定了 |
[29:09] | I thought you said he was untouchable. | 我记得你说过他无可挑剔 |
[29:13] | Where did you get these? | 你哪儿来的这些 |
[29:14] | Buddy at Caplin Environmental. | 一个在卡普林环境研究所工作的朋友 |
[29:16] | I want them in play. | 我要你用上这些 |
[29:17] | – These photos will not see the light of day. – Why not? | -这些照片不能公开 -为何不能 |
[29:20] | That’s none of your concern. | 这你就管不着了 |
[29:22] | You work for me. | 你在为我工作 |
[29:23] | You tell Burke to stop digging around, | 你告诉博尔克停止调查 |
[29:25] | or these will go public. | 否则这些照片就将公之于众 |
[29:26] | Nobody tells me how to do my job. | 没人可以干涉我怎么办事 |
[29:28] | You do it, or I will. You hear me? | 你不干 就我来 听明白了吗 |
[29:31] | Goodbye, Delancy. We’re done. | 再见 德兰西 我们散伙了 |
[29:33] | You’re on your own. | 你好自为之 |
[29:34] | Hey. What? We had a deal, right? | 什么 我们有过协议的 不是吗 |
[29:36] | I make the rules. | 我定规矩 |
[29:38] | You don’t question them. That was our deal. | 你无权质疑 这就是我们的协议 |
[29:40] | – And I’m taking these with me. – No, you’re not. | -这些照片归我了 -不 不行 |
[29:42] | If you touch me or these photos, | 你要是敢动我或者这些照片 |
[29:44] | I’ll make sure that Burke does find that vial. | 我保证博尔克准能找到那瓶子 |
[29:52] | Hey, Peter. | 你好 彼得 |
[29:53] | You tell Josh the good news? | 告诉乔什好消息了吗 |
[29:54] | Yeah, extortion photos are off the table, | 说了 勒索照片不再有威胁 |
[29:56] | but it may be too little too late. | 可也许太迟了一点 |
[29:57] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 怎么了 |
[29:58] | Defense rested an hour ago. | 一个小时前休庭了 |
[30:00] | They obliterated Peter’s testimony. | 他们去掉了彼得的证词 |
[30:02] | Without hard proof the benzene existed, | 要是不能证明那瓶苯确实存在 |
[30:03] | there is no way I can get a guilty verdict. | 我就不可能给他定罪 |
[30:05] | What if we can get you that proof? | 如果我们能给你证据呢 |
[30:07] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[30:08] | Shepard never destroyed Delancy’s vial of benzene. | 谢博德从未销毁德兰西的那瓶苯 |
[30:10] | – She’s holding it over his head. – Why? | -她私自藏着那瓶子呢 -为什么 |
[30:12] | The evidence against Mozzie, | 对蚊子不利的证据 |
[30:14] | the pictures of you and Sara — | 你跟莎拉的照片 |
[30:15] | She holds on to everything. | 她全都握在手里 |
[30:16] | It’s the only way she can control her client. | 这是她控制客户的唯一办法 |
[30:18] | Which means the vial is only good to her | 也就是说只有瓶子保存完好 |
[30:20] | if it’s well-preserved, complete with Delancy’s fingerprints. | 且留有德兰西的完整指纹 才对她有用 |
[30:22] | It’d have to be submitted by the time court resumes at 3:00. | 要在三点再次开庭前提交证物才行 |
[30:25] | That’s less than two hours. | 只剩不到两个小时了 |
[30:26] | We need to figure out how to find it. | 我们得想办法找到 |
[30:28] | How can you stall? | 你拖延的功力如何 |
[30:29] | Well, the defense claims that the vial never existed, | 辩方声称那瓶子不存在 |
[30:32] | but what if you called one last rebuttal witness | 但如果你传唤最后一位反证证人 |
[30:35] | who happens to know that it did? | 来证明它存在呢 |
[30:37] | The only other person who saw the vial. | 除我以外唯一见过瓶子的人 |
[30:39] | Neal Caffrey, how’d you like to take the stand? | 尼尔·卡夫瑞 你愿意出庭指证吗 |
[30:52] | You’re on the stand at 3:00. | 你三点出庭指证 |
[30:54] | Defense assumes your testimony | 辩方认为你的证词 |
[30:56] | will do me more harm than good. | 对我弊大于利 |
[30:57] | Good. Low expectations. | 很好 没有戒心 |
[30:59] | Yeah, but if we don’t find that benzene, they may be right. | 但要没找到那瓶苯 他们就真对了 |
[31:02] | Any word from Peter? | 彼得那边有消息吗 |
[31:02] | Yeah, he’s got all of white collar flagging banks, | 他让同事标记了谢博德通话记录上 |
[31:05] | storage facilities, and warehouses from Shepard’s call logs. | 所有出现过的银行 保管机构 仓库 |
[31:08] | No leads yet, | 暂时没发现 |
[31:09] | but there are still a few hundred private numbers he’s looking into. | 不过他还有好几百个私人号码要查呢 |
[31:11] | A few hundred? | 好几百个 |
[31:12] | Well, we brought in some extra help. | 好在我们请了外援 |
[31:15] | Limo service, limo service, | 豪华轿车服务 豪华轿车服务 |
[31:17] | Comptroller, comptroller, Giuliani. | 审计官 审计官 朱利亚尼市长 |
[31:19] | By the way, Giuliani never returns my phone calls anymore. | 话说 朱利亚尼再也没回过我电话了 |
[31:23] | Momofuku, Momofuku. | 桃福餐厅 桃福餐厅[著名纽约韩餐馆] |
[31:24] | Where did you come from? | 你哪个星球来的啊 |
[31:26] | 45 years ago, an enigma gave a paradox a very special hug. | 45年前 迷图与矛盾激情碰撞 |
[31:32] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[31:32] | Shepard calls the same number on the second of every month. | 谢博德每月二号都打给同一个号码 |
[31:35] | What is it? | 哪儿的号码 |
[31:35] | Storage facility in midtown. | 市中心的一家保管机构 |
[31:37] | – Unpublished, for clients only. – You’re a client? | -仅对客户公开 -你是他们的客户 |
[31:40] | Unpublished, for clients only. | 仅对客户公开 |
[31:42] | I think we may have found our benzene. | 我觉得我们是找到这瓶苯了 |
[31:45] | Neal takes the stand in less than an hour. | 不到一小时尼尔就要出庭指证了 |
[31:46] | Not enough time for a warrant. | 没时间申请搜查令了 |
[31:50] | Although, if we could somehow convince Shepard | 不过 要是我们能让谢博德 |
[31:53] | to get the vial out of storage… | 把瓶子从保管机构转移出来… |
[31:55] | You can catch her red-handed. | 你就能人赃俱获了 |
[31:57] | Suit, I like the way you’re thinking. | 猫咪探员 你的想法颇合我心呀 |
[31:59] | What did she catch you doing the other night? | 她那天晚上发现你做什么了 |
[32:01] | Irrelevant. | 与本案无关 |
[32:02] | This is about payback, right? | 我们要以牙还牙 不是吗 |
[32:04] | Do you want my help or not? | 你到底想不想我帮你 |
[32:05] | I do. | 当然想 |
[32:06] | But nothing illegal, and it stays aboveboard. | 但不能违法 得光明正大 |
[32:08] | What if I could arrange for you to be aboveboard? | 要是我能安排让你光明正大抓她呢 |
[32:11] | Plausible deniability? | 合理推诿吗 |
[32:12] | It’s worked for us before. | 这招我们以前也用过 |
[32:14] | Let’s do it. | 就这么干吧 |
[32:21] | We’re here. What’s next? | 我们到了 接下来呢 |
[32:23] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:24] | Here. | 戴上这个 |
[32:25] | My Parisian audio diary, circa March 1983. | 我的巴黎音频日记 约录于1983年3月 |
[32:29] | Max volume. | 调至最大音量 |
[32:30] | Okay, uh, face west. | 现在 转向西边 |
[32:32] | No, I-I mean east. | 不对 我是说东边 |
[32:40] | Strangers turned up in my apartment again. | 又有陌生人出现在我家门前 |
[32:42] | It happens most nights now. | 大多数的夜晚都这样 |
[32:43] | The first time, I opened the door, so I can understand. | 第一次我打开了门 好一探究竟 |
[32:46] | But now they just push past the gate. | 但现在他们直接推门而入 |
[32:49] | Miss Shepard. Lenny from Raylan. | 谢博德小姐 我是瑞兰保管的莱尼 |
[32:51] | We’re dealing with kind of a pipe-burst situation over here, | 我们这边水管爆裂 |
[32:54] | and we’re consulting our clients | 所以我们建议客户们 |
[32:56] | to remove their belongings before they get damaged. | 移走保管物品避免受损 |
[32:59] | I must always have a bottle of red | 我每次都要手执一杯红酒 |
[33:01] | and a bottle of white on hand, | 和一杯白酒 |
[33:02] | and sometimes they want a card game. | 有时候他们还想玩局牌 |
[33:04] | Look, it’s — oh! Jeffrey, no! No! Oh, no! | 听我说 这… 杰弗里 不 不 糟糕 |
[33:07] | “You,” I say, “You’re next door to the Spanish. | “你” 我说道 “你就住在西班牙人隔壁 |
[33:10] | “If New Jersey spoke French, | 如果新泽西人说法语 |
[33:12] | perhaps then I would have picked some up.” | 说不定我现在也学会一点了” |
[33:13] | You can borrow it anytime to hear the rest. | 想听剩下的 随时找我借 |
[33:15] | What’s next? | 接下来呢 |
[33:16] | Okay, I need you to go down to Loco Jerry’s. | 我要你去疯狂杰里餐厅 |
[33:18] | Order an empanada — sin queso — | 点一份肉馅卷饼 不加奶酪 |
[33:21] | Then wait in the car. | 然后在车里等着 |
[33:22] | Do not eat it. | 不准偷吃 |
[33:24] | And no matter what you see or hear, | 无论你看到或听到什么 |
[33:26] | do not exit the vehicle until Shepard is inside that building. | 在谢博德进入大楼前都不要离开车内 |
[33:30] | Or you can just stay here and watch us work. | 或者你也可以留下来看我们开工 |
[33:32] | I’ll get the empanada. | 我还是去买肉馅卷饼吧 |
[33:34] | We’ve closed the court, Mr. Bryson. | 法院都关门了 布莱森先生 |
[33:36] | Are you or are you not prepared to call your witness? | 你到底准备好传唤证人了没有 |
[33:38] | Your honor, the prosecution would like to call | 法官大人 控方想传唤 |
[33:41] | Mr. Neal Caffrey to the stand. | 尼尔·卡夫瑞先生出庭指证 |
[33:43] | He’s an eyewitness to the benzene vial | 辩方声称那瓶苯不存在 |
[33:45] | the defense claims never existed. | 而他亲眼见过那瓶苯 |
[33:47] | What? | 搞什么 |
[34:01] | Come on, Mozzie. | 加油 蚊子 |
[34:02] | Whatever you’re up to… | 不管你在做什么 加油 |
[34:13] | Jones, Diana, get ready to move. | 琼斯 戴安 准备行动 |
[34:15] | Would you state your full name and title for the court? | 请向法庭说出你的全名和身份 |
[34:18] | Neal George Caffrey, cooperating witness | 尼尔·乔治·卡夫瑞 合作证人 |
[34:21] | and confidential informant for the FBI. | 联调局秘密线人 |
[34:24] | FBI? | 联调局 |
[34:39] | Mr. Caffrey, why were you sent undercover? | 卡夫瑞先生 你为何被派去卧底 |
[34:43] | Well, it’s a bit of a long story. | 这可说来话长了 |
[34:47] | We have time. | 我们有的是时间 |
[35:02] | What you doing, Shepard? | 你干嘛呢 谢博德 |
[35:06] | Agent Burke. | 博尔克探员 |
[35:08] | Didn’t peg you as the type to flood private property, | 没想到你居然会水淹别人的私人财产 |
[35:11] | though I do know that you’d never cheat on your wife. | 但我仍确信你对尊夫人忠贞不二 |
[35:14] | It’s so interesting to see where one chooses to draw the line. | 看一个人真正的底线何在 很有意思 |
[35:21] | If you knew those photos were staged, | 既然你知道那照片是做戏 |
[35:23] | why’d you play along? | 你为什么还一路配合 |
[35:24] | Because Delancy’s a temperamental idiot | 因为德兰西是个喜怒无常的笨蛋 |
[35:26] | and I respect Sara Ellis. | 而我又很尊重莎拉·埃利斯 |
[35:27] | She wants you behind bars. | 她想把你送进监狱 |
[35:28] | No. She doesn’t. | 不 她不想 |
[35:30] | But you made her choose a side. | 是你逼她选择阵营的 |
[35:32] | I blame you for that, not her. | 这件事我怪你 不怪她 |
[35:35] | Time for payback. | 报仇时刻到 |
[35:42] | Drill, baby, drill. | 钻啊 宝贝 钻开 |
[35:45] | Vial’s in the trunk. | 瓶子在后备箱里 |
[35:48] | Cuff me, Agent. | 铐我吧 探员 |
[35:48] | With pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[35:51] | I’m curious. | 我很好奇 |
[35:53] | How does a man who’s chosen | 一个选择捍卫法律尊严的人 |
[35:55] | to uphold the law explain this? | 要如何解释这事 |
[36:00] | What happened here? | 出什么事了 |
[36:03] | Long story. | 一言难尽啊 |
[36:05] | Watch her. I’m gonna check the trunk. | 看住她 我去看下后备箱 |
[36:07] | Looks like your spell’s been broken. | 看来你的预言不准了啊 |
[36:09] | Make you a deal. | 咱们做个交易 |
[36:11] | Verify the chain of custody on that vial, | 你讲出这瓶子的来源 |
[36:13] | and maybe we’ll go a little easier on you. | 我们就对你从轻发落 |
[36:14] | I can work with that. | 一言为定 |
[36:24] | Everything okay, Peter? | 没问题吧 彼得 |
[36:27] | Yeah. We all got what we needed. | 是啊 我们各取所需了 |
[36:31] | I got to get this to the courthouse. | 我得把这个送到法庭去 |
[36:33] | Well, Barty, looks like we got our edge back. | 巴蒂 看来我们绝处逢生了 |
[36:38] | And Giuliani has a reason to return my calls. | 朱利亚尼这下得回我电话了 |
[36:44] | Mr. Caffrey, the vial the defendant showed you — | 卡夫瑞先生 被告给你看过的瓶子 |
[36:48] | what size would you say it was? | 尺寸如何呢 |
[36:49] | Objection! | 反对 |
[36:50] | Your honor, asked and answered. | 法官大人 自问自答 |
[36:52] | Sustained. Mr. Bryson, | 反对有效 布莱森先生 |
[36:53] | you’ve covered the ground you need to cover. | 你想问的也差不多了 |
[36:55] | Either allow the defense to cross-examine the witness or — | 要么就允许被告方交叉盘问 要么… |
[36:58] | Hey! Where do you think you’re going?! | 你要去哪 |
[37:01] | Mr. Caffrey, is this the vial Victor Delancy showed you | 卡夫瑞先生 这是不是维克多·德兰西 |
[37:06] | on November 1st of last year? | 去年11月1日给你看的瓶子 |
[37:10] | I believe it is. | 我想是的 |
[37:19] | Mr. Caffrey, for two weeks, | 卡夫瑞先生 整整两周的时间 |
[37:22] | you worked as a highly successful senior biochemical analyst | 你作为一名成功的高级生化检测员 |
[37:25] | at Caplin Environmental. | 在卡普林环境研究所工作 |
[37:26] | Objection. | 反对 |
[37:27] | How does being a fake scientist | 一个冒牌科学家 |
[37:29] | qualified this man to identify benzene? | 难道有能力鉴定苯吗 |
[37:31] | I’d very much like an answer to that myself. | 我自己也很好奇这一点 |
[37:33] | Your honor, I was convicted of bond forgery. | 法官大人 我的罪名是伪造债券 |
[37:36] | Forgery is as much science as it is art. | 伪造既是艺术 更是科学 |
[37:38] | And does the government consider you | 政府也承认你是 |
[37:40] | an expert in forgery? | 伪造专家吗 |
[37:41] | Of all types — | 全能型 |
[37:42] | Art, bonds, checks. | 艺术品 债券 支票 |
[37:45] | Would you please explain to the court | 你能否向当庭解释下 |
[37:46] | what check washing is? | 支票冲洗是什么 |
[37:47] | Check washing is the process | 支票冲洗是一种 |
[37:49] | of dissolving the ink from a check, | 通过溶解支票上的墨水 |
[37:51] | allowing it to be rewritten for any amount. | 使其可以被重新填写的过程 |
[37:53] | And how is that accomplished? | 如何做到呢 |
[37:55] | Well, typically, the check is soaked in benzene. | 一般来说 支票会被浸在苯里面 |
[37:58] | So, not only is benzene a toxic pollutant, | 这么说来 苯不仅是一种有毒的污染物 |
[38:01] | it’s also a chemical criminals use | 也是一种化学犯罪手段 |
[38:03] | to remove ink from a personal check? | 可用于消除个人支票上的墨水 |
[38:05] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[38:06] | Mr. Caffrey, when you’re known in some circles | 卡夫瑞先生 你在某些方面 |
[38:08] | as a con man and a liar, | 被视为骗子 撒谎精 |
[38:10] | why should we believe a word of any of this? | 我们为什么要相信你说的话呢 |
[38:12] | Oh, you shouldn’t. People lie. | 你不用相信我 人会说谎 |
[38:16] | But science doesn’t. | 但是科学不会 |
[38:17] | He’s not a scientist. | 他又不是科学家 |
[38:19] | Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you exhibit 64A. | 女士们先生们 现在向你们展示证物64A |
[38:22] | As confirmed by agent Burke, Mr. Caffrey, | 由博尔克探员 卡夫瑞先生 |
[38:25] | and verified through the chain of custody, | 及瓶子的来源 三方确认 |
[38:27] | we now know this is the vial removed from Delancy’s office | 我们确定这就是去年11月6日 |
[38:30] | November 6th of last year. | 从德兰西办公室拿到的瓶子 |
[38:33] | Can you please demonstrate for the court | 麻烦你向法庭演示 |
[38:35] | how science can prove this vial contains benzene? | 科学如何证实这个瓶子里是苯 |
[38:38] | Absolutely. | 好的 |
[38:40] | Uh, your honor, I’ll need your pen, please. | 法官大人 我需要你的笔 谢谢 |
[38:42] | And the defendant’s glass of water. | 以及被告的那杯水 |
[38:51] | Thank you, sir. | 多谢 先生 |
[39:04] | I guess I was thirsty. | 渴死我了 |
[39:07] | Let the record show that I am writing a check | 镜头显示的是 我在写支票 |
[39:10] | to George Alcott — great guy, sharp as a tack — | 给乔治·奥尔科特 一个很好很聪明的人 |
[39:14] | in the amount of $100. | 金额100元 |
[39:18] | Now, if the liquid in this vial is benzene, | 如果这瓶子里的是苯 |
[39:23] | the ink from this check will disappear completely | 那么支票上的墨水一碰到就会 |
[39:27] | within five seconds of contact. | 在5秒钟内消失 |
[39:30] | Pardon the fumes. | 味道有点难闻 |
[39:40] | All right. | 好了 |
[39:42] | Here we go. | 开始 |
[39:48] | Four, three, two… | 四 三 二 |
[40:03] | Five seconds. Give or take, apparently. | 五秒钟 误差允许之内 |
[40:06] | Let the record show, | 正如镜头显示的 |
[40:08] | where the check was submerged, | 支票浸入后 |
[40:10] | the ink has vanished completely. | 墨水随即消失得无影无踪了 |
[40:14] | Ours is a fact-driven process. | 这是以事实为依据的 |
[40:16] | You know, I’d like to thank those who gathered those facts, | 我想感谢收集这些证据的人 |
[40:19] | as well as the jury for weighing them | 并感谢陪审团权衡真伪 |
[40:21] | and arriving at the right conclusion. | 给出正确裁决 |
[40:22] | Glad to see my science lesson | 很高兴看到我的科学小讲堂 |
[40:24] | had a positive effect on the jury. | 对陪审团起到了积极的作用 |
[40:26] | Bryson mentioned the woods trial is coming up. | 布莱森说接下来有个木刻案子 |
[40:29] | He’d love to have you. | 他想让你帮忙 |
[40:29] | I think I’ll pass. | 还是算了吧 |
[40:31] | Testifying’s fun, | 指证挺有趣的 |
[40:32] | but it’s not as much of a con as I thought. | 不过不像我想象的骗局 |
[40:34] | Telling the whole truth isn’t your cup of tea? | 讲出全部实情不是你的菜 |
[40:36] | I’m shocked. | 人家好震惊 |
[40:38] | Listen, I got an errand to run. Do you mind if I — | 我还有点事 你不介意… |
[40:40] | – Go. I’ll see you tomorrow. – See ya. | -去吧 明天见 -再见 |
[40:46] | Your C.I. | 你的线人 |
[40:48] | I should have known. | 我该想到的 |
[40:49] | Shepard, how the hell did you get out? | 谢博德 你到底是怎么脱身的 |
[40:50] | The judge released me on my own recognizance. | 我交保证金 法官就放了我 |
[40:53] | It’s amazing what knowing the right people can get you. | 只要能找对人 效果总是很惊人的 |
[40:55] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[40:56] | Oh, and my compliments on a game well played. | 我得好好称赞这次精彩游戏 |
[40:58] | – Extortion’s a game to you? – Of course. | -敲诈勒索对你来说是个游戏 -当然了 |
[41:01] | Oh, and your strategy — staying above the law | 还有你的策略 自己清清白白 |
[41:03] | while the people around you break it — | 让身边的人去犯法 |
[41:05] | It’s genius. | 真高明 |
[41:06] | Well, sometimes we have to do things we don’t like | 有些时候我们不得不做违心之事 |
[41:08] | to protect the people we care about. | 以保护自己在乎的人 |
[41:10] | Are you talking about Bryson or your boy Caffrey? | 你说的是布莱森 还是你的卡夫瑞 |
[41:13] | He’s slippery, | 他很狡猾 |
[41:14] | and so is the line between right and wrong. | 在对与错之间摇摆不定 |
[41:16] | And when you follow him across it, | 你要是随着他越了界 |
[41:18] | it will cost you everything. | 就会一无所有 |
[41:20] | I hope I’m wrong. | 但愿我是错的 |
[41:22] | But if I’m not… Call me. | 万一我没错 打给我 |
[41:26] | I’m here to help. | 我乐意帮助 |
[41:38] | If you think you can find Ellen’s evidence without me… | 要是你觉得没有我也能找到爱伦的证据 |
[41:41] | You’re wrong. | 那你就大错特错了 |
[41:43] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[41:44] | Cause I’m standing here talking to a man | 因为站在我眼前的这个人 |
[41:46] | who doesn’t want to be found. | 并不想被我找到 |
[41:47] | Sam, no one wants these guys taken down more than me. | 山姆 没人比我更想扳倒这些坏人了 |
[41:50] | I spent the last decade of my life hiding from the truth. | 我花了十年的时间去逃避真相 |
[41:53] | I’m finally ready to face it, | 现在我终于有勇气面对它 |
[41:55] | and I’ll be damned if I’m turning back now | 绝对不会因为你不相信我 |
[41:56] | because you think I can’t help you. | 就轻易放弃 |
[42:02] | No FBI? | 没联调局插手 |
[42:03] | No FBI. | 没联调局插手 |
[42:06] | Your father and I used to play darts once in a while. | 你父亲和我以前常去玩飞镖 |
[42:09] | He hated losing with a passion. | 他最痛恨输了 |
[42:11] | Like father, like son. | 有其父必有其子 |
[42:13] | Darts, huh? | 玩飞镖啊 |
[42:16] | So what now? | 那现在做什么 |
[42:17] | We stay in touch… | 我们保持联系 |
[42:20] | We share information… | 交换信息 |
[42:22] | And we do whatever it takes to bring them down. | 不惜一切代价扳倒他们 |
[42:31] | Neal, what are you doing? | 尼尔 你在干什么 |