时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Fuck! | 操 |
[00:14] | I-I know that it looks bad. | 我知道这看起来很糟糕 |
[00:16] | You’re going to rehab first thing in the morning. | 明天一早你就去戒毒所 |
[00:18] | You are cut off. | 我不准你花钱了 |
[00:19] | I-I-I don’t think it’s the best time for me right now. | 我觉得对我来说时机不合适 |
[00:22] | You don’t really have a choice here. | 你没有别的选择 |
[00:23] | I just sold a script for $1.2 million. | 我的剧本刚卖了一百二十万 |
[00:26] | You know, I think I got a lot of fucking choices. | 我觉得我的选择多得很 |
[00:28] | Come on, Jade. | 我们走 洁德 |
[00:29] | I think maybe the best way to help him | 我想帮助他最好的方式 |
[00:31] | – is to stay here. – Fuck you both. | -就是留下来 -你们都去死吧 |
[00:35] | Uh, I have an appointment. | 我有一个预约 |
[00:36] | And would this appointment involve your new boyfriend Hector? | 这预约和你的新男朋友赫克托有关吗 |
[00:39] | He may tag along, yes. | 他也许会一起来 没错 |
[00:41] | I, uh, leave for Paris two days after graduation. | 我毕业典礼后两天出发去巴黎 |
[00:45] | Care to join me? | 想一起来吗 |
[00:46] | – You should go. – You’ll be okay? | -你应该去 -你不会有事吧 |
[00:48] | I’ll be delightful. | 我会很开心的 |
[00:52] | 你会战胜这病的 爱你的 赫克托 | |
[00:54] | You’ve got get over this obsession with another woman’s husband. | 你必须克服对有妇之夫的痴迷 |
[00:57] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[00:59] | How do you think he’ll react? | 你觉得他会有什么反应 |
[01:01] | – He will be thrilled. – Come clean. | -我觉得他会很激动的 -摊牌 |
[01:03] | Tell him you know about the affair and the baby. | 告诉他外遇和孩子的事情你都知道 |
[01:06] | What if… he doesn’t choose me? | 如果…他没有选我怎么办 |
[01:09] | Aren’t you done with all the lies? | 你难道还没受够这些谎言吗 |
[01:12] | We definitely need to have a talk. | 我们真的得谈谈 |
[01:14] | You’re starting to scare me. | 你吓到我了 |
[01:15] | I’m scared, too. | 我也害怕 |
[01:17] | Once I tell you, | 我一旦告诉你 |
[01:18] | everything is going to be different. | 一切都将不一样 |
[01:20] | Are you sick? | 你病了吗 |
[01:22] | I’m sick. | 我病了 |
[01:23] | Baby, what’s wrong? | 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[01:25] | I have cancer. | 我得癌症了 |
[01:26] | Oh, my… oh, my God. | 天啊 我的天 |
[02:43] | I’m going to die. | 我要死了 |
[02:45] | I’m not sure when. | 我不确定什么时候 |
[02:47] | I just know one day I won’t be here. | 我只知道有一天我会离开 |
[02:50] | I’m afraid to meet God. | 我害怕与上帝见面 |
[02:52] | I’ll have to account for my sins. | 我得为我的罪行负责 |
[02:54] | I have sinned a lot. | 我罪孽深重 |
[02:56] | I had an affair with a married man. | 我和一个有妇之夫有染 |
[02:59] | I slept with another guy’s wife. | 我睡了另一个男人的老婆 |
[03:01] | I had sex with a married couple | 我和一对夫妻做爱 |
[03:04] | and pretty much everyone else I ever met. | 我差不多和我遇见过的所有人都发生过关系 |
[03:06] | Now I’m pregnant and unmarried. | 现在我未婚却有了身孕 |
[03:09] | My mom has no idea I’ve fallen in love. | 我妈妈不知道我坠入爱河 |
[03:12] | Taylor doesn’t know I gave Eli drugs. | 泰勒不知道是我给了伊莱毒品 |
[03:15] | I’m not going to tell Rob. | 我不会告诉罗伯 |
[03:17] | I’m gonna propose to Simone. | 我要向萨蒙妮求婚 |
[03:19] | I’ll probably deny everything. | 我八成会否认一切 |
[03:22] | When I do meet God, I’ll just beg his forgiveness. | 等我见到上帝时 我会乞求祂的宽恕 |
[03:25] | I’ll thank him for sending me the perfect woman. | 我会感谢祂让我遇见了完美女人 |
[03:28] | I’ll say I did what I had to | 我会说我做了我必须做的事 |
[03:31] | to survive. | 只为求生 |
[03:43] | Sheila. | 希拉 |
[03:44] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[03:45] | I’ve been on pins and needles. Did you talk to Rob last night? | 我一直如坐针毡 你昨晚和罗伯谈了吗 |
[03:49] | I did. | 谈了 |
[03:51] | So? I’m dying here. | 结果呢 我快急死了 |
[03:53] | How did he react when you told him | 你告诉他你知道他出轨后 |
[03:55] | you knew that he was cheating on you? | 他作何反应 |
[03:57] | Well, | 这个 |
[03:59] | the conversation went in a surprising direction. | 我们的对话发展方向出人意料 |
[04:05] | You said what? You said what? | 你说了什么 你说了什么 |
[04:08] | What? How could you say that? | 什么 你怎么能那么说 |
[04:10] | How could you say that, Beth Ann? | 你怎么能那么说 贝丝·安 |
[04:11] | What are you thinking? What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 你在想什么 |
[04:14] | I can’t even believe you just said that! | 我不敢相信你那么说了 |
[04:16] | Get back here so I can give it to you! | 赶紧回来 让我好好训训你 |
[04:21] | It’s your mother’s fault. | 都怪你妈妈 |
[04:23] | Clearly, she forgot to teach you some of the basics. | 显然 她忘了教你一些基本原则 |
[04:26] | Things like, when you grow up, don’t pretend to have cancer. | 比如长大后 别假装患有癌症 |
[04:31] | Women lie to their husbands every day. | 女人每天都会骗她们的丈夫 |
[04:34] | Some lie about how much they spend. | 有的会在花了多少钱上面撒谎 |
[04:36] | My lie’s that I’m dying. | 而我的谎言是我要死了 |
[04:38] | Just because you act classy | 就因为你一副高雅的样子 |
[04:40] | doesn’t mean you’re not fucking crazy. | 不代表你没疯掉 |
[04:41] | There is a method to my madness. | 我的疯癫不是没有目的的 |
[04:43] | Rob will never leave me while I’m sick. | 罗伯绝不会在我生病时离开我 |
[04:46] | But what if April decides to tell him | 可万一艾普尔决定 |
[04:49] | that she’s having his kid? | 告诉他她怀上了他的孩子呢 |
[04:51] | That is where her good friend Sheila comes in. | 这个时候她的好朋友希拉就要登场了 |
[04:54] | I’m going to convince her to leave town. | 我会劝她离开 |
[04:56] | Start a new life, sever the tie for good. | 开始新生活 彻底斩断和他的关系 |
[04:58] | And then, once she’s out of the picture | 然后等她出局后 |
[05:00] | and I have Rob all to myself, | 罗伯就会属于我一个人 |
[05:01] | my cancer will be miraculously cured. | 我的癌症也会奇迹般痊愈 |
[05:06] | I used to find that little grin charming. | 我以前觉得你的微笑迷人 |
[05:08] | Now it just scares the shit out of me. | 现在快吓死我了 |
[05:10] | Ladies. | 女士们 |
[05:11] | The doctor will see you now. | 你们可以进去看医生了 |
[05:15] | Enzo. | 恩佐 |
[05:17] | Aunt Sheila. | 希拉姑妈 |
[05:18] | Look at you in the white coat. | 瞧瞧穿白大褂的你 |
[05:21] | This is my neighbor, Beth Ann Stanton. | 这是我邻居 贝丝·安·斯坦顿 |
[05:23] | Beth Ann, my nephew, Enzo. The doctor. | 贝丝·安 我侄子恩佐 我给你说的医生 |
[05:26] | Nice to meet you, Mrs. Stanton. | 幸会 斯坦顿夫人 |
[05:28] | Likewise. | 我也是 |
[05:33] | So, Sheila says you studied oncology. | 希拉说你是学肿瘤学的 |
[05:35] | For a little while, | 就学了一段时间 |
[05:36] | – and then I switched to hematology. – Oh, still, | -然后我就转去血液学了 -不过 |
[05:38] | I bet you remember lots of useful tidbits. | 你肯定还记得很多有用的信息吧 |
[05:42] | I suppose so. How can I help you? | 也许 有什么需要帮助的 |
[05:44] | Well, I was wondering | 我在想 |
[05:46] | if there was a cancer you could recommend. | 你能不能推荐一种癌症 |
[05:50] | – Recommend? – Something rare. | -推荐 -比较罕见的 |
[05:52] | That no one’s ever heard of. | 常人从未听说过的癌症 |
[05:53] | It should be serious. | 要很严重 |
[05:54] | Oh, but occasionally curable. | 但偶尔也可治愈 |
[05:57] | I’m sorry… | 我不太懂… |
[05:59] | And symptoms. She’s gonna need symptoms. | 还有病症 她需要了解一些症状 |
[06:01] | Oh, some symptoms would be lovely. | 如果能提供一些症状 那就太好了 |
[06:04] | Just wait a… | 等一… |
[06:07] | What exactly are we talking about here? | 我们到底在说什么啊 |
[06:09] | Enzo. | 恩佐 |
[06:10] | I say this to you as your aunt and a Sicilian: | 我作为你姑妈及一位西西里人跟你讲 |
[06:14] | The less you know, the better. | 你知道的越少越好 |
[06:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:20] | Um, rare cancers. | 罕见的癌症 |
[06:25] | What about… | 不如… |
[06:26] | Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma. | 上皮样血管内皮细胞瘤 |
[06:30] | Say that again. | 再说一遍 |
[06:32] | I’d rather not. | 不用了吧 |
[06:34] | That’s the cancer you have? | 你得的就是这种癌吗 |
[06:36] | It affects soft tissue. | 它会影响软组织 |
[06:38] | I’d give you the details, | 我想跟你细说 |
[06:39] | but they’re disgusting and we’re having fondue. | 但是细节太恶心了 我们还要吃芝士火锅呢 |
[06:44] | God, I wish you’d let me go to the doctor’s with you. | 天 你应该让我陪你去看医生的 |
[06:47] | You always get so emotional. | 你总是容易激动 |
[06:49] | No. I prefer to go with Sheila. | 不 还是希拉陪我一起去比较好 |
[06:52] | Now, I’m going to set the table. | 我要去摆餐具了 |
[06:54] | Wait. Wait. At least tell me your prognosis. | 慢着 起码告诉我你还能活多久 |
[06:57] | I will, but I don’t want to ruin our meal. | 我会的 但是我不想败坏晚餐兴致 |
[06:59] | Beth Ann! Please, just tell me! | 贝丝·安 求你了 告诉我吧 |
[07:02] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:05] | But I need you to be strong. | 但我需要你坚强 |
[07:07] | Can you do that for me, Robert? | 你做得到吗 罗伯特 |
[07:09] | Can you be my brave boy? | 你能做我的勇敢大男孩吗 |
[07:11] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[07:13] | Well, it seems I only have six months to live. | 看起来我只剩六个月的时间了 |
[07:19] | Six months! | 六个月 |
[07:20] | But that doesn’t mean I can’t recover. | 但那不代表我就没有治愈的可能 |
[07:23] | Miracles happen every day. | 奇迹每天都在发生 |
[07:26] | But the doctor feels we should prepare for the worst. | 但是医生说我们应该为最坏情况做打算 |
[07:30] | It sounds like he’s giving up already. | 听起来他已经不抱希望了 |
[07:32] | We should get a second opinion. | 我们应该换个医生再诊断看看 |
[07:34] | No. I mean, what is another doctor going to say? | 不用 就算换个医生又能说什么呢 |
[07:38] | I don’t have cancer? | 说我没得癌症吗 |
[07:40] | No, this is the situation, and we all must accept it. | 木已成舟 我们必须接受 |
[07:45] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[07:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:48] | Now, obviously, if I’m going to fight this thing, | 显然 如果我要对抗癌症 |
[07:51] | I need you by my side. | 我需要你的陪伴 |
[07:55] | Constantly. | 寸步不离 |
[08:00] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我哪儿都不会去 |
[08:02] | You’re my wife. | 你是我妻子 |
[08:04] | I meant it when I said, “Till death do us part.” | 当我说”至死不渝”时 我是认真的 |
[08:09] | Oh, my darling. | 我的心肝宝贝 |
[08:13] | I’m going to hold you to that. | 你可要说话算数 |
[08:18] | This is hard. | 这太难选了 |
[08:19] | I’ve never packed for a three-month trip before. | 我从没为三个月的旅行打包过行李 |
[08:21] | Oh, packing for three months is easy. | 打包三个月的行李太容易了 |
[08:23] | I do it every time I go away for the weekend. | 我每周末外出都装这么多 |
[08:25] | These look sturdy. Should I try them on? | 这裤子看起来很结实 要不我试下 |
[08:28] | Knock yourself out. | 去试吧 |
[08:32] | Hey, I know we agreed that you’d fly to Paris a week after me, | 我知道我们说好了你晚我一周飞抵巴黎 |
[08:36] | but wouldn’t three days be enough? | 但是三天难道还不够打掩护吗 |
[08:37] | Or even two? | 或是两天呢 |
[08:40] | You can’t wait one week? | 你连一周都等不了吗 |
[08:42] | We need as much time for sex as possible. | 我们要争分夺秒地做爱 |
[08:45] | Remember, you said you’d make love to me in every city in Europe. | 记着 你说过我们要把爱”做”遍欧洲每一座城市 |
[08:48] | What am I supposed to do on my own for a whole week? | 我一人待一整周要怎么做 |
[08:50] | Beat it. | 走开[用手做] |
[08:51] | That’s cold. | 那可真冷血 |
[08:52] | Oh, not you. | 我不是说你 |
[08:55] | What do you think? Do you like them? | 你觉得如何 喜欢这裤子吗 |
[08:57] | Oh, what are all the pockets for? | 要这么多口袋何用 |
[08:59] | Carrying stuff. | 装东西 |
[09:00] | They’ll be great for hiking over the Alps. | 徒步攀登阿尔卑斯山时会很有用 |
[09:02] | – Hiking over the Alps? – Yeah. | -徒步攀登阿尔卑斯山 -对啊 |
[09:04] | Good Lord, are we taking a vacation or fleeing the Nazis? | 我的天 我们是去度假还是去逃离纳粹分子呐 |
[09:13] | I’m starting to think that we’re imagining very different trips. | 我才意识到我们想象的旅行好像很不一样 |
[09:16] | Well, I want our vacation to be elegant, romantic. | 我们的假期应该是优雅 浪漫的 |
[09:19] | Nights at la Comédie-Française, | 在法兰西剧院看戏的夜晚 |
[09:21] | dinner at Maxim’s. | 在马克西姆餐厅享用晚餐 |
[09:22] | Yeah, well, I can’t afford those things. | 可是这些都太贵了 我付不起 |
[09:24] | Oh, well, if that’s the problem… | 如果你付不起的话… |
[09:25] | No, I know you can afford those things, | 不行 我知道你付得起 |
[09:27] | but I-I don’t want to feel like your gigolo. | 但是我不想当你的小白脸 |
[09:31] | – I have an idea. – What? | -我有个主意 -什么 |
[09:34] | Return my brooch and get your money back. | 把我的胸针退回去 把钱拿回来 |
[09:36] | What you spent on it can buy a whole lot of escargot. | 这钱能买不少法式蜗牛呢 |
[09:40] | I bought you this to show you what you mean to me. | 我为你买这胸针是为了向你证明你对我多重要 |
[09:42] | Well, find another way to show me. | 那就换种方式证明给我看 |
[09:44] | Like what? | 怎么证明 |
[09:45] | You’re an artist. | 你是个艺术家 |
[09:46] | Use your imagination. | 发挥你的想象力 |
[09:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:58] | I’ll see what I can come up with. | 我们拭目以待 |
[10:07] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[10:08] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[10:11] | Can we talk for a sec? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[10:18] | My mom got sick when I was ten. | 我十岁时 我母亲生了重病 |
[10:23] | From that point on, it was just us, | 从那时起 只剩我们姊妹相依为命 |
[10:25] | so I had to step up. | 我不得不扛起重任 |
[10:27] | But it was good, because I learned to take charge. | 那样也好 因为我学会了掌控局面 |
[10:30] | I found out I could figure out the solution | 我发觉无论面临任何问题 |
[10:32] | to any problem that came my way. | 我都可以找到解决办法 |
[10:34] | Until last night. | 直到昨晚 |
[10:38] | I sat in that hotel room until dawn | 我在酒店房间一直坐到天明 |
[10:42] | trying to figure out how to fix this thing with Eli. | 想着要如何化解与伊莱的僵局 |
[10:48] | And I just can’t. | 可我想不出办法 |
[10:50] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[10:52] | You know, when Eli O.D.’d last time, | 当伊莱上次嗑药过量时 |
[10:54] | I knew exactly what to do. | 我很清楚要如何做 |
[10:56] | I got him into rehab, I paid off his debts. | 我送他去戒毒所 偿还了他的债务 |
[11:01] | But I think that a part of him always resented me | 但我觉得他始终有些怨恨我 |
[11:04] | for managing the situation in a way that he couldn’t. | 恨我用了一种他做不到的方式掌控了大局 |
[11:08] | And now he’s just so angry at me. | 现在他十分生我的气 |
[11:11] | And I don’t think he’ll let me help him. | 我觉得他不会允许我帮他的 |
[11:14] | And I’m so scared of what will happen if I can’t. | 我很害怕如果我不帮他 以后会出什么事 |
[11:17] | Eli is not going to die. | 伊莱又不会死 |
[11:20] | He will if he doesn’t stop using. | 他如果继续吸毒 一定会死的 |
[11:24] | But the good news is he still listens to you. | 但好消息是 他依然听你的话 |
[11:28] | So I am begging you. Please. | 所以我求求你了 |
[11:30] | You are my last hope. | 你是我最后的希望 |
[11:31] | Of course, yes. Totally. | 当然可以了 绝对没问题 |
[11:33] | I’m totally with you. I promise. | 我完全是站在你这边的 我保证 |
[11:36] | Thank God. You have no idea how much that means to me. | 谢天谢地 你不知道这对我意义有多重大 |
[11:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:43] | We have to move fast, | 我们必须快速行动 |
[11:44] | before the money comes in for Eli’s script. | 要赶在伊莱的剧本稿费到账前 |
[11:47] | You’re worried he’s gonna spend it all on drugs? | 你是担心他会把那些钱都用来买毒品吗 |
[11:49] | Not just drugs. | 不仅仅是毒品 |
[11:50] | When Eli’s using, he gets stupid generous. | 伊莱一旦开始吸毒 出手就阔绰到傻的地步 |
[11:54] | – Stupid generous? – Oh, yeah. | -阔绰到傻的地步 -是啊 |
[11:56] | The last time, he bought gifts for everyone. | 上一次 他给每个人都买了礼物 |
[11:58] | Rolex watches, designer shoes. | 劳力士手表 设计师名牌鞋 |
[12:01] | When he’s high, | 他嗑嗨了以后 |
[12:02] | he just wants everyone to be as happy as he is. | 就希望所有人都跟他一样开心 |
[12:04] | So, I’ve been thinking of ways | 所以 我一直在想办法 |
[12:07] | that we can handle this covertly. | 能让我们隐秘地进行这个计划 |
[12:11] | And I have one idea, but it… it’s kind of crazy. | 我有个主意 但有点疯狂 |
[12:15] | I like crazy. | 我喜欢疯狂 |
[12:17] | The next time Eli’s in the shower, | 伊莱下次洗澡时 |
[12:19] | I need you to go into his phone and find all of his passwords. | 我需要你打开他的手机 查出他所有的密码 |
[12:25] | What? | 什么 |
[12:26] | The code to his phone is 0-4-2-9. | 他的手机解锁密码是0429 |
[12:28] | Just here, look, I wrote it down for you. | 给 我替你写下来了 |
[12:30] | If we can get access | 如果我们能进入 |
[12:32] | to his his business accounts and his credit cards, | 他的商务账户和信用卡 |
[12:34] | we can cut off his cash flow. | 就能切断他的现金流 |
[12:36] | And I’m gonna call his dad. | 并且我还会联系他父亲 |
[12:38] | How will that help? | 那能有什么帮助 |
[12:39] | Eli is terrified of his dad. | 伊莱超级怕他父亲 |
[12:41] | Jake will force him to admit who got him using again. | 杰克会逼他承认是谁让他又复吸了 |
[12:47] | Why does that matter? | 那有什么重要的 |
[12:49] | He was clean for two years, | 他成功戒毒两年 |
[12:50] | and then suddenly he’s not? | 突然间却又开始吸上了 |
[12:51] | No, I need to know what happened. | 不 我需要知道究竟是怎么回事 |
[12:54] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[12:55] | And I want to help, but is this really the best plan? | 我也想帮忙 但这真的是最好的计划吗 |
[12:59] | What do you mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[13:00] | Look, you remember how you felt when you thought | 你还记得你之前觉得 |
[13:02] | that Eli and I were ganging up on you. | 我和伊莱在合伙对付你 你是什么感觉吧 |
[13:03] | How is he gonna feel if it… if it seems like | 如果他觉得我们两个合起伙来对付他 |
[13:05] | we’re ganging up on him? | 他又会是什么感觉 |
[13:07] | So what do you propose we do? | 那你建议我们该怎么做 |
[13:09] | Give me a few days and I’ll reason with him. | 给我几天时间 我会跟他讲道理 说服他 |
[13:11] | You really think you can talk him into this? | 你真的觉得你有能力说服他吗 |
[13:13] | Trust me. I’ll get through to him, | 相信我 我会说服他的 |
[13:16] | you’ll come home, | 你会回家 |
[13:18] | and we’ll all be a family again. | 我们又可以成为一家人了 |
[13:24] | Look who’s here! | 瞧瞧这是谁来了 |
[13:26] | Karl, it’s the Sitwells! | 卡尔 这是希特维尔夫妇 |
[13:27] | You’re back from Scotland, I see. | 你们从苏格兰回来了 |
[13:29] | And we’re meeting Rex and Julie for dinner. | 我们还要跟雷克斯和朱莉一起享用晚餐 |
[13:31] | They should be here any second. | 他们应该随时都有可能到 |
[13:32] | Oh, I love her. She thinks I’m pretty. | 我爱她 她觉得我很美 |
[13:34] | We all think you’re pretty. | 我们都觉得你很美 |
[13:36] | But she says it out loud. | 但她会大声说出来 |
[13:40] | Tell you what… when they get here, | 这样吧 等他们到了以后 |
[13:41] | why don’t you bring them over to our table? | 不如你把他们带去我们那桌吧 |
[13:43] | We’ll dine together. | 我们一起用餐 |
[13:44] | Wonderful. Then you can tell us | 好极了 那你们就可以跟我们说说 |
[13:45] | about your plans for Amy’s lavish wedding. | 你们对于艾米的奢华婚礼的安排了 |
[13:48] | We’re so excited. We can’t wait. | 我们太激动了 简直迫不及待 |
[13:51] | I can’t wait, either. | 我也迫不及待 |
[13:53] | For it to be over. | 迫不及待让婚礼早点结束 |
[13:55] | Yes, I was thinking the same thing. | 是啊 我也是同样的想法 |
[13:56] | Oof, are we terrible people? | 我们是很糟糕的人吧 |
[13:58] | No. Weddings are exhausting. | 才不是 婚礼是很累人的 |
[14:00] | Besides, we need to conserve our energy | 再说了 我们得节省精力 |
[14:01] | for our male lovers. | 用来陪我们的男性情人 |
[14:02] | At least yours isn’t younger than the groom. | 至少你的情人没有比新郎更年轻 |
[14:04] | Yeah, I think the, uh, stepfather of the bride | 是啊 我觉得新娘的继父 |
[14:06] | should have at least an age-appropriate boyfriend. | 至少该找一个与他年龄相当的男友 |
[14:08] | Call me old fashioned, but I just do. | 就当我老传统吧 但我就是这么想的 |
[14:12] | Oh, Karl. What’s that on your face? | 卡尔 你脸上这是什么 |
[14:14] | What? | 什么 |
[14:15] | Oh, my God, are you wearing makeup? | 天呐 你化了妆吗 |
[14:17] | Less than you. | 没你的妆浓 |
[14:19] | You really are spreading your wings. | 你真是彻底放飞自我了 |
[14:20] | I think I’m leaving the country in the nick of time. | 我觉得我出国的时机刚刚好 |
[14:23] | – I’m off to the ladies’ room – I’ll order you a gimlet. | -我去洗手间了 -我给你叫一杯螺丝锥鸡尾酒 |
[14:38] | Simone? | 萨蒙妮 |
[14:40] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[14:43] | Uh, you are Dr. Bennett’s wife, right? | 你是本奈特医生的妻子 对吧 |
[14:46] | Maureen. I also work in his practice as a nurse. | 我叫莫琳 同时我也在他的诊所当护士 |
[14:49] | Well, isn’t that nice? | 那可真好啊 |
[14:51] | I don’t know quite how to say this. | 我真的有点难以启齿 |
[14:54] | But… do you know your husband’s a homosexual? | 但是 你知道你丈夫是同性恋吗 |
[15:00] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[15:02] | And you said it just fine. | 你这不说得挺直接的嘛 |
[15:05] | I realize it’s none of my business. | 我知道这不关我的事 |
[15:06] | I’m just trying to be a good person. | 我只是想当个好人 |
[15:08] | And like all good people, you just couldn’t wait to tell me. | 跟所有好人一样 你就是迫不及待地告诉我这事 |
[15:12] | I’m going now. Feel free to adjust your halo. | 我要走了 你尽情地补妆吧 |
[15:16] | Has Karl told you he’s sick? | 卡尔跟你说了他病了吗 |
[15:20] | What? | 什么 |
[15:21] | I can see he hasn’t. | 看来还没有 |
[15:25] | Karl isn’t sick. | 卡尔才没病 |
[15:27] | He saw my husband three days ago. | 他三天前去我丈夫那里就诊了 |
[15:29] | He has that new disease that all the gay men are spreading. | 他也患上了在同性恋男子群体中肆虐的那种疾病 |
[15:32] | That’s a lie. | 你在说谎 |
[15:33] | He’s the third man my husband’s seen who’s had it. | 他是我丈夫见过的第三位患者 |
[15:36] | The first two are dead. | 前两个都已经死了 |
[15:39] | I’m so sorry. I just thought you should know. | 我很遗憾 我只是觉得你应该知道 |
[15:51] | I know, I know, I know, | 我懂 我懂 我懂 |
[15:52] | I know, I know it sounds unbelievable | 我知道这听起来难以置信 |
[15:54] | and faintly ridiculous, but bear with me on this… | 并且很荒唐 但麻烦稍微忍耐下… |
[15:57] | Oh, hello, darling. It’s perfect timing. | 你好啊 亲爱的 你来得正是时候 |
[16:00] | I was just telling everyone the story of our trip to Venice, | 我正在跟大家说我们的威尼斯之旅呢 |
[16:02] | when you accidentally knocked that gondolier into the water. | 你不小心把那个船夫撞进水里了 |
[16:06] | Now, did that really happen? | 这事是真的吗 |
[16:07] | Or is Karl just embellishing? | 还是卡尔在瞎说 |
[16:11] | No, that-that’s not the kind of thing Karl would lie about. | 没有 那种事情卡尔不会撒谎的 |
[16:16] | So, there he was, dripping wet, | 然后他浑身湿漉漉的 |
[16:19] | hacking up great lungfuls of the Grand Canal, | 肚子里装满了威尼斯大运河的水 |
[16:21] | and I realized it’s very difficult | 我意识到一个人想保持体面 |
[16:23] | to maintain one’s dignity… | 是一件很难的事情 |
[16:36] | – Hey. Where have you been all morning? – Ah… out. | -嗨 早上你到哪里去了 -出去了 |
[16:39] | Doing stuff. Doing great stuff, in fact. | 做事情 准确说是做好事 |
[16:41] | Come with me outside. I’ve got something to show you. | 跟我到外面来 我有东西要给你看 |
[16:43] | – Come on. – You never came to bed last night. | -来吧 -你昨晚都没上床 |
[16:45] | Did you get any sleep at all? | 你有睡觉吗 |
[16:46] | No. No, it turns out one of the side effects | 没有 我发现不停吸食可卡因 |
[16:48] | of near-constant cocaine use is a wee bit of insomnia. | 有一点副作用就是 人会有点失眠 |
[16:51] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[16:55] | – Oh! Wow! – Right? | -哇 -看到了吧 |
[16:57] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[16:58] | – It… uh… you bought this? – I did. | -这个 是你买的吗 -没错 |
[17:01] | Well, uh, technically American Express bought it. | 准确地说是美国运通信用卡买的 |
[17:04] | But that bill’s gonna get paid | 但是我的稿酬一进账 |
[17:05] | the second my first script payment comes through. | 我就会用那笔钱偿付 |
[17:08] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[17:09] | Look, I know you’ve been working really hard, | 听着 我知道你最近非常辛苦 |
[17:11] | and I get that you’d want to treat yourself… | 我也明白你想奖赏自己 |
[17:13] | Me? No. Whoa. | 自己 不是 |
[17:14] | No, I didn’t… This isn’t for me. | 不 不是的 这不是给我买的 |
[17:19] | Y-You bought me a car? | 你给我买了一辆车 |
[17:20] | I did. | 是的 |
[17:22] | – Shut. Up. – I won’t. | -不会吧 -不骗你 |
[17:25] | This is me saying thank you. | 这是我对你的感谢 |
[17:27] | – For what? – My God, for everything. | -为了什么 -天哪 为了一切 |
[17:29] | For all the help you gave me with the script. | 为了你在剧本上给予我的帮助 |
[17:32] | For standing by me when Taylor lost her mind… | 为了你在泰勒发疯时 对我的支持 |
[17:34] | Oh, God… Taylor’s not gonna like this. | 天哪 泰勒不会高兴的 |
[17:37] | Well, you know what? Taylor doesn’t get a vote, okay? | 你知道吗 这件事泰勒无权插手 好吗 |
[17:42] | It looks expensive. Are you sure? | 看起来很贵 你确定吗 |
[17:44] | Well, I made you a promise, right? | 我给你承诺过 对吗 |
[17:47] | I said when this money came through, | 我说过等钱进账了 |
[17:50] | I would take care of you. | 我会照顾你的 |
[17:52] | People have made me a lot of promises in my life. | 我生活中有很多人给我许下过承诺 |
[17:57] | Nobody’s ever kept one before. | 但之前都没人能够遵守 |
[18:00] | Well, this is me keeping mine. | 这是我兑现我的承诺 |
[18:04] | And this is just the beginning. | 而这仅仅是开始 |
[18:06] | So… do you like it? | 那么…你喜欢吗 |
[18:13] | It’s perfect. | 太棒了 |
[18:29] | Just keep going straight. | 一直向前面直走 |
[18:31] | So I’ve been doing some research, | 我做了点功课 |
[18:33] | finding jobs a pregnant woman can do. | 找了些孕妇可以做的工作 |
[18:35] | I already have a job. | 我已经有工作了 |
[18:36] | You shouldn’t be on your feet all day when you’re expecting, | 要生产的女人不该做整天站着的工作 |
[18:39] | but don’t worry. There are plenty of ways | 不过别担心 对于你这样情况的女孩 |
[18:41] | a girl in your condition can make a living. | 还是有很多方法谋生的 |
[18:44] | Are there? | 是吗 |
[18:44] | Sure. You could be a pin setter in a bowling alley. | 当然了 你可以去保龄球馆做保龄球摆放员 |
[18:48] | All you’d have to do is punch buttons. | 你只需要按按钮就行了 |
[18:50] | I found an opening at an alley in Anaheim. | 我看到阿纳海姆的一家保龄球馆在招人 |
[18:53] | Now take a left. | 现在左转 |
[18:56] | Or… there’s a place hiring switchboard operators. | 或者还有个地方在招接线员 |
[18:59] | For that, you’d have to move to Barstow. | 不过那份工作你得搬去巴斯托 |
[19:01] | It sounds like you’re trying to get rid of me. | 听上去你好像想甩掉我似的 |
[19:03] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[19:06] | I just thought it might be easier for you | 我只是觉得在新的城市里 |
[19:09] | to make a fresh start in a new city. | 你能够更容易有个好的开始 |
[19:11] | – Well, I’m not moving. – Okay. | -我不会搬走的 -好吧 |
[19:14] | Just know I’m here for you. | 记住我会在你身边 |
[19:16] | For anything you need. | 为你提供一切所需 |
[19:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:22] | Oh… uh, pull over, this is it. | 停车吧 到了 |
[19:37] | This must be a mistake. | 你弄错了吧 |
[19:38] | A doctor wouldn’t have his office in here. | 医生才不会把诊所开在这种地方 |
[19:40] | No, this is it. | 不 就是这里 |
[19:42] | Are you sure you have the address right? | 你确定你把地址记对了吗 |
[19:45] | Sheila, I lied. I’m not here to see a doctor. | 希拉 我骗了你 我不是来见医生的 |
[19:56] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[19:57] | I’m sorry. I just can’t have this baby. | 抱歉 我不能要这个孩子 |
[20:01] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[20:03] | Please do not make me say this out loud. | 请别让我大声说出来 |
[20:06] | What you’re going to do, it’s illegal. | 你要干的这件事 是不合法的 |
[20:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:28] | God, how did you even hear about this place? | 天哪 你到底是从哪里听来的这个地方 |
[20:30] | A girl at the diner referred me. | 餐厅的一个女孩推荐我来的 |
[20:32] | You… | 你 |
[20:33] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[20:35] | You can’t do this, it’s not right. | 你不能这么做 这是不对的 |
[20:36] | Sheila, please do not make this harder than it already is. | 希拉 请别再给我增添负担了 |
[20:49] | I’m Sally Jones. We spoke on the phone. | 我是萨莉·琼斯 我们通过电话 |
[20:53] | Who’s she? | 她是谁 |
[20:54] | My friend. | 我的朋友 |
[20:56] | She’ll drive me home afterwards. | 做完她要载我回家 |
[20:58] | – You got the money? – I do. | -带钱了吗 -带了 |
[21:00] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[21:04] | Sheila. Please. | 希拉 拜托 |
[21:08] | I really need a friend right now, more than ever. | 我现在比任何时候都需要朋友 |
[21:18] | – Here you go, son. – Thank you, sir. | -给你 孩子 -谢谢你 先生 |
[21:20] | I’ll have your car here in just a second. | 我马上为您把车开过来 |
[21:22] | – Terrific night. – Lovely seeing you all. | -美好的一晚 -见到你们太开心了 |
[21:25] | Let’s do it again very soon. | 我们隔几天再聚一次吧 |
[21:27] | Good night, Simone. See you at the wedding. | 晚安 萨蒙妮 婚礼再见吧 |
[21:33] | All right, we’re alone. You can tell me now. | 好了 现在没人了 你可以说了 |
[21:36] | Tell you what? | 说什么 |
[21:37] | How I’ve upset you. And don’t say you’re fine. | 我又怎么惹你了 别说你没事 |
[21:40] | You’ve barely said two words to me the entire evening. | 整晚上你就没跟我说几句话 |
[21:42] | Wait till we’re in the car. | 等到车里再说 |
[21:44] | Can I at least have a headline? | 能不能给点提示 |
[21:48] | I ran into your doctor’s wife in the ladies’ room. | 我在洗手间撞上你医生的妻子了 |
[21:51] | Don’t think I’ve ever met her. | 我不记得有见过她 |
[21:53] | She also works as a nurse. | 她也是名护士 |
[21:56] | In his office. | 在他诊所里 |
[22:03] | What did she say? | 她说了什么 |
[22:06] | You’re sick. | 你生病了 |
[22:10] | Well, two things: first of all… | 我说两件事 第一 |
[22:13] | I’m not sick. | 我没病 |
[22:16] | Secondly, what a gossipy bitch. | 第二 她真是个八婆 |
[22:17] | – Are you saying she lied? – I’m not… symptomatic. | -你是说她撒谎了吗 -我没有症状 |
[22:21] | – I feel fine. – So what’s the makeup hiding? | -我感觉很好 -那你化妆是在掩藏什么 |
[22:23] | A spot. | 一个脓疱 |
[22:25] | – Don’t you mean a lesion? – Oh, come on, | -你是说病变吗 -拜托 |
[22:26] | it’s miniscule. | 那很小 |
[22:28] | Do you have any idea how scared I am? | 你知道我有多害怕吗 |
[22:30] | – You don’t have it. – What? | -你没有感染 -什么 |
[22:32] | Look, the fact is, it can only be transmitted through blood | 事实是 这病只能通过血液 |
[22:35] | or bodily fluids, and we rarely had sex, | 或者体液传播 我们很少有性生活 |
[22:37] | and never without a condom. | 就算有也都是戴了套的 |
[22:38] | Is that what you think? | 你是这么想的吗 |
[22:42] | – That I’m scared for myself? – Darling, darling, darling, | -我是在为自己担心 -亲爱的 |
[22:44] | I, I, I… I should have told you, | 我 我应该告诉你的 |
[22:47] | my love, I just… | 亲爱的 我只是… |
[22:50] | I did… I just didn’t want to spoil your trip. | 我 我不想破坏了你的旅行 |
[22:53] | Oh, God, the trip. | 天 旅行 |
[22:55] | Look, I’m so sorry. I-I-I-I promise | 我很抱歉 我保证 |
[22:57] | I… I-I will call once a week while you’re away, | 你走期间我会每周给你打一次电话 |
[23:00] | with, with full medical updates. | 告诉你病情的最新进展 |
[23:03] | You think I’m still going? | 你觉得我还会去吗 |
[23:05] | That I’d leave you at a time like this? | 在这种时候离开你 |
[23:07] | And what would staying achieve? | 你留下来又能改变什么呢 |
[23:10] | Other than letting me know | 除了让我知道 |
[23:11] | that you think I won’t make it past Labor Day? | 你觉得我挺不过劳工节 |
[23:18] | You need care, Karl. | 你需要关照 卡尔 |
[23:20] | Specialists. And at least one doctor whose wife | 专家 而且得找个妻子 |
[23:25] | is not the goddamn town crier! | 不是大嘴巴的医生 |
[23:28] | I know how much Tommy means to you. | 我知道汤米对你有多重要 |
[23:31] | I’m staying with you, and that is the end | 我要留下来陪你 没有 |
[23:33] | of this discussion. | 商量的余地 |
[23:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:51] | – Do you want some whiskey? – Whiskey? | -你想喝点威士忌吗 -威士忌 |
[23:54] | It’s good to get a little drunk before you start. | 在开始前喝醉对你有好处 |
[23:57] | Helps with the pain. | 能缓解疼痛 |
[24:00] | – No, thank you. – Suit yourself. | -不了 谢谢 -随你便 |
[24:02] | Just give me a couple of minutes. | 给我几分钟 |
[24:04] | I got to get some plastic over the table. | 我得在桌上铺点塑料 |
[24:07] | She’s doing this in the kitchen? | 她要在厨房里做吗 |
[24:10] | Apparently. | 显然是的 |
[24:12] | But it’s an invasive procedure. | 可这是侵入性操作 |
[24:14] | It requires a clean environment. Sterilized instruments. | 需要干净的环境 消毒器械 |
[24:18] | Well, this is all I can afford. | 我只负担得起这个了 |
[24:21] | I’m out of options, Sheila. | 我无计可施了 希拉 |
[24:24] | Please understand. | 请理解 |
[24:33] | There’s something you don’t know. | 有件事你不知道 |
[24:34] | There’s something I need to tell you. | 我得告诉你 |
[24:37] | What’s that? | 什么事 |
[24:41] | I had a child once, | 我曾有个孩子 |
[24:44] | but she died. | 但她过世了 |
[24:49] | I left the gate to the backyard open. | 我没有关上后院的大门 |
[24:52] | She wandered out into the street | 她漫步到了街上 |
[24:54] | and she was hit by a car. | 被车撞了 |
[25:00] | It’s been years, but I think about her every day. | 已经过去了很多年 但我每天都在想她 |
[25:04] | Sometimes, late at night, | 有时在深夜 |
[25:09] | I wonder what kind of young woman she’d have turned into. | 我会想要是她还活着 她会长成一个怎样的女人 |
[25:15] | How could you tell me something like that right now? | 你怎么能在此时此刻跟我说这种事 |
[25:19] | Are you… are you trying to make me feel guilty? | 你想要我感到内疚吗 |
[25:21] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你不明白 |
[25:22] | No, I think you don’t understand, Sheila. | 不 不明白的是你 希拉 |
[25:24] | – I have to do this. – Honey, I’m trying to say… | -我必须这么做 -亲爱的 我想说的是 |
[25:27] | I think my daughter would have grown up to be a lot like you. | 我想我女儿长大后会很像你 |
[25:31] | That is one of the reasons I love you. | 这也是我爱你的原因之一 |
[25:36] | But right now I’m afraid for you | 但现在我为你担心 |
[25:38] | because women die in places like this. | 因为女人会在这样的地方死去 |
[25:40] | I can’t let that happen. | 我不能允许这样的事发生 |
[25:41] | Sheila, I’m single and I’m broke. | 希拉 我单身还没钱 |
[25:44] | I can’t raise a baby. | 我没能力抚养小孩 |
[25:45] | We’ll figure it out. We just need time to think. | 我们会想出办法的 我们只是需要时间思考 |
[25:49] | – Let me help you. – How? | -让我帮你 -怎么帮 |
[25:51] | Well, I’ll… | 我 |
[25:55] | I’ll get some… I’ll get my hands on some money. | 我会 我会去筹一些钱 |
[25:58] | We can go somewhere else, somewhere safe, but please, | 我们可以去别处 一个安全的地方 但是拜托 |
[26:01] | let’s get out of here. | 离开这里 |
[26:06] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 |
[26:19] | Hello? | 喂 |
[26:21] | Yeah, this is she. | 我就是 |
[26:24] | No, I haven’t lost my Amex. Why? | 没 我的美国运通信用卡没丢 怎么了 |
[26:27] | Suspicious activity? | 可疑活动 |
[26:28] | Um, how much was spent? | 刷了多少钱 |
[26:41] | Nice car. | 车子不错 |
[26:43] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[26:44] | – Were you in the house? – I came to talk to Eli | -你刚从家里出来吗 -我是来找伊莱的 |
[26:46] | so he could explain to me why my credit card is maxed out, | 好让他给我解释为什么我的信用卡被刷爆了 |
[26:48] | and then I saw you pull up in this brand-new car. | 然后我看到你停下这辆崭新的车 |
[26:52] | Well, I-I don’t know when he’ll be home. | 我不知道他什么时候回家 |
[26:53] | He has a meeting at Paramount and… | 他要在派拉蒙参加一个会议 |
[26:55] | He bought it for you, didn’t he? | 这是他买给你的 对吗 |
[26:59] | I told him it was too much. | 我跟他说了这太贵重 |
[27:01] | – When? – The moment he gave it to me. | -什么时候 -他给我的那一刻 |
[27:02] | No. I’m asking when did he give it to you? | 不 我是问他什么时候给你的 |
[27:06] | Before I saw you in the park this morning or after? | 在我今早在公园里看到你之前还是之后 |
[27:12] | After. | 之后 |
[27:13] | So why didn’t you insist he take it back? | 那你怎么没坚持退回去 |
[27:15] | I was so surprised, I didn’t know what to say. | 我很意外 我不知道该说什么 |
[27:18] | Surprised? Jade, I had just told you that when Eli is high, | 意外 洁德 我刚跟你说了伊莱嗨了以后 |
[27:21] | – he’s stupid with money. – Well, I don’t think it’s stupid. | -他就会乱花钱 -我不认为这是乱花钱 |
[27:25] | I spend every day cooking and cleaning, | 我每天要做饭 打扫 |
[27:28] | running errands and looking after you both. | 跑腿 照顾你俩 |
[27:32] | I think it’s nice that someone actually | 我觉得这很好 终于有人 |
[27:33] | wanted to say thank you. | 想说谢谢了 |
[27:35] | You want a thank you? Okay, fine, Jade. | 你想有人谢谢你 行 洁德 |
[27:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:40] | Now give me the keys. | 钥匙给我 |
[27:41] | – Why? – ‘Cause I’m gonna return the car, obviously. | -为什么 -因为我要把车退回去 |
[27:44] | No. | 不 |
[27:45] | – What do you mean no? – You can’t return the car. | -你这是什么意思 -你不能把车退掉 |
[27:47] | It’s not yours. Eli bought it for me. | 车不是你的 是伊莱买给我的 |
[27:50] | Yeah, but he’s coked out of his mind. | 但他是因为嗑药嗑疯了才买的 |
[27:51] | To accept a gift from a man in that condition | 接受一个这种情况下男人送的礼物 |
[27:53] | is not a good look. | “吃相”可不太好看 |
[27:55] | My God. Why are you acting like this? | 天 你为什么这样子 |
[27:58] | I haven’t done anything wrong. | 我没有做过任何错事 |
[28:00] | You are taking advantage of this situation. | 你是在趁人之危 |
[28:02] | You’re using Eli. Just give me the keys. | 你在利用伊莱 钥匙给我 |
[28:04] | Stop it. If anyone is a user, | 够了 要说谁是使用者[瘾君子]的话 |
[28:06] | Taylor, it’s you. You have been using me for months. | 那也是你 泰勒 你利用了我好几个月了 |
[28:09] | I saved you. I brought you into my home. | 我救了你 我让你住进我家 |
[28:12] | You did that for yourself, not for me. | 你那是为了你自己 不是我 |
[28:14] | Your marriage was falling apart and you needed a distraction. | 你的婚姻分崩离析 你需要一个分心的事物 |
[28:18] | Eli wasn’t writing or making money, | 伊莱写不出剧本 赚不到钱 |
[28:20] | and you were so angry | 你很生气 |
[28:21] | you could barely even look at him. | 你几乎都不正眼看他 |
[28:23] | By the way, I’m the one who got him writing again. | 对了 是我让他再次开始写作的 |
[28:25] | I did that for you. | 我是为了你 |
[28:28] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[28:32] | I keep wondering why Eli started using again. | 我一直在想为什么伊莱复吸 |
[28:38] | Are you the reason? | 是因为你吗 |
[28:43] | Oh, my God. We shouldn’t be doing this. | 天呐 我们不该这样 |
[28:47] | Fighting and throwing blame at each other. | 吵架 互相责备 |
[28:50] | We’re supposed to be a family. | 我们应该是一家人的 |
[28:51] | Stop it. Stop it, Jade! | 够了 够了 洁德 |
[28:54] | Eli and I are a family. | 我和伊莱是一家人 |
[28:56] | You are a houseguest. | 你是房客 |
[28:59] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[29:05] | You know what, Jade? Go upstairs, | 知道吗 洁德 上楼 |
[29:08] | get your stuff. I want you out of my house now! | 收拾你的东西 我要你立刻离开我家 |
[29:15] | That’s not gonna happen. | 想得美 |
[29:19] | You can leave again if you want, | 你要想的话你可以再次离开 |
[29:20] | but I’m not going anywhere, | 我反正是不会走的 |
[29:24] | and I’m keeping the car. | 而且我要把车留下 |
[29:26] | I’m not gonna let you take it away from me. | 我不会让你把它夺走 |
[30:01] | Tommy, come in. | 汤米 进来 |
[30:02] | Hi. I have great news. | 嗨 我有好消息 |
[30:05] | I returned your brooch and I got your replacement gift. | 我把你的胸针退掉了 我给你买了替代礼品 |
[30:07] | Well, it’s not a traditional gift | 不是传统意义上的礼物 |
[30:09] | so much as a tribute to you. | 只是对你表达敬意 |
[30:12] | I sure hope you like it because, uh, | 我希望你喜欢 因为 |
[30:15] | I can’t really return it. | 我不能退掉 |
[30:18] | Hey. You look sad. What’s wrong? | 你看着不开心 怎么了 |
[30:22] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[30:27] | Hey. Hey, great news. | 好消息 |
[30:28] | Paramount wants to talk to me about adapting a novel. | 派拉蒙想让我改编一本小说 |
[30:30] | I got a meeting on Friday. I’m telling you, | 我周五要去开会 我跟你说 |
[30:32] | this comeback shit is really starting to get real. | 我是真的要东山再起了 |
[30:35] | I’m really, really happy for you. | 我真的为你感到开心 |
[30:38] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[30:40] | Taylor stopped by. | 泰勒之前来了 |
[30:43] | I’m guessing that didn’t go so well, huh? | 我猜你们的见面不是很和谐 对吗 |
[30:45] | Oh, Eli. | 伊莱 |
[30:47] | I hate this. | 我讨厌这样 |
[30:48] | I hate that she’s putting me in this position. | 我讨厌她让我陷入这种境地 |
[30:52] | What position? What are you talking about? | 什么境地 你在说什么 |
[30:54] | She wants me to get the passwords to your accounts, | 她想让我搞到你账户的密码 |
[30:56] | so she can take away all your money. | 这样她就能拿走你所有的钱 |
[31:06] | Cancel the trip? | 取消旅行 |
[31:09] | I can’t leave when Karl is sick. | 我不能在卡尔生病时离开 |
[31:10] | Yeah, but-but he’s not even in the hospital. | 可他都没有住院 |
[31:11] | Not yet, but this disease is unpredictable. | 暂时还没 但这个病无法预测 |
[31:14] | I need to be here. | 我得留下来 |
[31:15] | No, that’s not fair. This was supposed to be | 不 这不公平 这本应是 |
[31:17] | the best summer of my life. | 我这辈子最棒的一个夏天 |
[31:18] | And this could be the last summer of Karl’s life, | 这也可能是卡尔一生里最后一个夏天 |
[31:20] | so please stop sulking. | 所以拜托别生气了 |
[31:25] | – What are you doing? – I need a drink. | -你在干什么 -我要喝酒 |
[31:27] | You’re barely 18. | 你才刚满18岁 |
[31:28] | Yeah, well, dating you has aged me. | 嗯 跟你交往让我老了很多 |
[31:31] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[31:38] | One week, that’s all I ask. | 一周 这是我唯一要求 |
[31:40] | Nothing can happen in-in a-a week. | 一周时间不会发生任何事的 |
[31:43] | What would be the point? I wouldn’t enjoy myself. | 那有什么意义 我不会开心的 |
[31:47] | In Paris? With me? | 跟我一起去巴黎都不开心吗 |
[31:50] | My husband is dying. | 我丈夫要死了 |
[31:53] | Can you not understand what that means? | 你不明白这意味着什么吗 |
[31:56] | So what’s gonna happen to us? | 那我们的关系会怎样 |
[32:01] | I don’t think there can be an “Us.” | 我想”我们”是成不了的 |
[32:07] | Look… | 听着 |
[32:09] | I know that I can act like a kid sometimes, | 我知道有时我的行为像小孩 |
[32:13] | but if you give me another chance, I can be more mature. | 但如果你再给我次机会 我可以更加成熟 |
[32:15] | No. | 不 |
[32:18] | You stay young. | 你保持年轻就好 |
[32:21] | I’m the one who needs to grow up. | 需要成长的人是我 |
[32:26] | That might be Karl’s doctor. | 可能是卡尔的医生打来的 |
[32:27] | I, I’m gonna take it in the other room. | 我要去隔壁房间接 |
[32:29] | – Simone… – No. | -萨蒙妮 -不 |
[32:57] | Tommy. | 汤米 |
[33:21] | All right, great, | 好极了 |
[33:22] | and you can transfer those funds today, right? | 你今天就能把钱转走 对吗 |
[33:25] | All right, thank you. Yeah, I’ll talk to you. Bye. | 好的 谢谢 回头聊 再见 |
[33:30] | All right. All right, so my business manager’s on it. | 好了 我的业务经理在处理了 |
[33:32] | He’s gonna reset the passwords to all my accounts. | 他会重置我所有账户的密码 |
[33:35] | And I spoke to Lamar. I forbid him to speak to Taylor, | 我跟拉马尔谈了 我禁止他和泰勒交流 |
[33:38] | so she can’t use him to try to get to my script payments. | 这样她就不能利用他来获得我的剧本报酬 |
[33:41] | That’s a relief. | 真是松了口气 |
[33:43] | Do you think it’ll be enough? | 你觉得这样做够了吗 |
[33:46] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[33:47] | Taylor was here, in the house, while we were out. | 我们之前出去的时候 泰勒来过 |
[33:49] | Maybe we should think about changing the locks. | 或许我们该换锁 |
[33:51] | Whoa. Uh, I mean, she’s my wife and she loves me. | 她是我老婆 她爱我 |
[33:55] | In her way she’s just trying to protect me. | 她只是想用她的方式保护我 |
[33:57] | She’s trying to control you. | 她是想控制你 |
[33:59] | There’s a difference. | 两者是有区别的 |
[34:03] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[34:06] | I mean, maybe I should just call her. | 也许我该给她打电话 |
[34:08] | No! | 不 |
[34:09] | I mean, I know you want to believe that she’s gonna come around, | 我知道你想相信她会回心转意 |
[34:12] | but you have to know, deep down, there’s no way she’s ever | 但你得明白 她永远不可能 |
[34:15] | gonna get on board with the idea of you using. | 同意你吸毒 |
[34:19] | And she’s threatening to call your dad. | 她还威胁要告诉你爸 |
[34:22] | My dad? Are you fucking kidding me? | 我爸 你逗我吗 |
[34:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[34:26] | She knows that I don’t speak to him. Goddamn it. | 她知道我不跟他说话的 该死 |
[34:28] | She can’t just fucking do that. | 她不能这么做 |
[34:30] | She’s trying to make you feel small. | 她想让你觉得渺小 |
[34:34] | I hate that she’s treating you this way. | 我讨厌她这么对你 |
[34:36] | The last thing I want is to see you lose everything | 我最不想看到的就是你失去 |
[34:38] | you’ve been working so hard to get. | 你为之努力赚取的一切 |
[34:42] | Who are you calling? | 你给谁打电话 |
[34:42] | Our handyman. You’re right. | 我们的勤杂工 你说得对 |
[34:44] | We’re gonna change those fucking locks. | 我们得把锁换了 |
[34:49] | Rob’s got an awful lot of old sports equipment. | 罗伯有很多旧运动装备 |
[34:52] | And he never uses any of it. | 他从来不用 |
[34:55] | So I’m taking it to the pawnshop | 我要把它们拿去当了 |
[34:58] | and giving the cash to April. | 然后把钱给艾普尔 |
[35:00] | Well, that’ll be a nice chunk of change. | 那可有不少钱啊 |
[35:02] | It will be easier for her to make a rational decision about the baby | 要是她不用过多担心钱的话 |
[35:06] | if she’s not so worried about money. | 在孩子问题上她会更容易做出理智的决定 |
[35:08] | I still can’t believe you talked her out of it. | 我还是无法相信你竟然说服了她不去堕胎 |
[35:11] | That horrible place? I couldn’t let her stay. | 那个可怕的地方 我实在看不下去 |
[35:14] | Here, put this in the big pile, please. | 拿着 放到箱子里 |
[35:17] | I got to admit I’m a bit surprised. | 我得承认我有点没想到 |
[35:21] | Surprised? | 没想到 |
[35:22] | She’s pregnant with your husband’s kid. | 她怀上了你老公的孩子 |
[35:24] | Most wives in that situation | 大多数妻子在这种情况下 |
[35:25] | wouldn’t care how rusty the knives were. | 根本不会在乎刀有多钝 |
[35:27] | Couldn’t let anything happen to April or her baby. | 不能让艾普尔或者她孩子出事 |
[35:30] | Honey, y-you know that she could still decide to get rid of it. | 亲爱的 你知道她还是可以决定打掉的吧 |
[35:33] | I know. That’s why I have to work hard | 我知道 所以接下来几天里 |
[35:35] | over the next few days to change her mind. | 我要更加努力改变她的主意 |
[35:38] | Well, talk to her about adoption. | 跟她说说领养 |
[35:40] | You know, there’s-there’s plenty of nice people out there | 有很多好人 |
[35:42] | who can’t have kids. | 不孕不育 |
[35:44] | I’ll mention that. | 我会跟她说的 |
[35:47] | There’s also another possibility. | 还有一个可能 |
[35:49] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[35:50] | Rob and I could raise the baby. | 我和罗伯可以抚养那孩子 |
[35:55] | What? | 什么 |
[35:56] | I’ve got it all figured out. | 我都想好了 |
[35:58] | I’ll support April until the baby arrives, | 我会一直陪着艾普尔直到孩子出世 |
[36:01] | then I’ll offer to raise it. | 然后我会提出抚养它 |
[36:02] | As far as Rob’s concerned, I could arrange some scenario, | 就罗伯而言 我可以策划一个方案 |
[36:05] | finding it in a bassinet in a park, abandoned. | 比如在公园里的摇篮车里发现被抛弃的孩子 |
[36:08] | No one would ever have to know the truth. | 没人需要知道真相 |
[36:10] | Rob would have his child, April could have her career, | 罗伯可以拥有自己的孩子 艾普尔也能有自己的事业 |
[36:12] | everyone would be happy. | 皆大欢喜 |
[36:18] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[36:21] | At first I thought it was funny, | 一开始我还觉得挺好玩的 |
[36:23] | you becoming friends with your husband’s slut. | 你和你老公的母狗成了朋友 |
[36:25] | – Sheila, that word. – And then, when you kept getting | -希拉 别用那词 -然后 当你和她 |
[36:27] | closer to her, I thought you were a little nutty. | 走得越来越近 我以为你有点疯癫 |
[36:31] | But no. You’re sick. | 但是不是 你是变态 |
[36:34] | I’m not sick. | 我不是变态 |
[36:36] | Your kid is dead. | 你孩子死了 |
[36:39] | And you’re trying to replace her with April’s baby. | 你想用艾普尔的孩子替代她 |
[36:42] | That is not what I’m doing. | 才不是这样 |
[36:43] | That is what you’re doing from where I’m standing. | 从我的角度看 你就是在这么做 |
[36:45] | You’re not allowed to judge me. | 你没资格评判我 |
[36:47] | Not until you pick out Benny’s casket | 除非你给本尼挑选了棺材 |
[36:50] | and dress him in his Sunday best | 为他穿上最美的衣服 |
[36:53] | and put him in the ground. | 将他葬于地下 |
[36:54] | Until you do that, I don’t want to hear another word | 在那之前 我不想再听到你的 |
[36:58] | from you. | 任何一句话 |
[37:17] | Hello? | 喂 |
[37:18] | Simone, thank God you answered. | 萨蒙妮 还好你接了 |
[37:20] | Naomi. What’s going on? | 娜奥米 怎么了 |
[37:23] | I ran out without my purse, | 我没带钱包就出门了 |
[37:24] | and I don’t have my insurance card or my ID, | 我没有医保卡和身份证 |
[37:26] | and the housekeeper isn’t answering, | 女管家也不接电话 |
[37:27] | and I don’t have anyone else to call. | 我不知道还能打给谁 |
[37:29] | Slow down. What’s going on? Where are you? | 慢点 出什么事了 你在哪 |
[37:31] | I’m at the hospital. | 我在医院 |
[37:32] | I need my purse. Can you please bring it? | 我需要我的钱包 你能带过来吗 |
[37:34] | Well, of course. What’s happened? | 当然 怎么了 |
[37:36] | Tommy’s been in a car accident. | 汤米出车祸了 |
[37:39] | I-I’ll be right there. | 我马上过来 |
[37:52] | Yes. Can I help you? | 你好 有何贵干 |
[37:54] | I’m here to speak to Rob Stanton. | 我是来找罗伯·斯坦顿的 |
[37:56] | – Do you have an appointment? – No. | -你有预约吗 -没 |
[37:58] | But I’m not leaving until I speak to him. | 不跟他说上话我就不走 |
[38:00] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[38:02] | Tell him it’s April. | 跟他说是艾普尔找她 |
[38:06] | So you know who I am. | 所以你知道我是谁 |
[38:08] | I do. | 是的 |
[38:10] | I’m sorry, but he won’t see you. | 抱歉 但他不会见你 |
[38:13] | I really think that you should go. | 你真的该走了 |
[38:23] | Miss! | 小姐 |
[38:23] | Please stop. | 请停下 |
[38:27] | I’m sorry, Mr. Stanton. | 抱歉 斯坦顿先生 |
[38:28] | I told her you were busy. | 我跟她说了你很忙 |
[38:30] | It’s all right. What do you want? | 没事 你想要什么 |
[38:32] | One lousy minute of your time. | 占用你一分钟 |
[38:35] | You owe me that, don’t you think? | 这是你欠我的 你不觉得吗 |
[38:39] | Claire, go ahead and shut the door. | 克莱尔 出去 把门关上 |
[38:49] | I’m sorry I didn’t return your phone calls. | 抱歉我没有回你电话 |
[38:53] | I thought a clean break was just better for… | 我想着一刀两断更好… |
[38:54] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[38:58] | Don’t worry. I don’t need anything from you. | 别担心 我不需要你给我什么 |
[39:00] | I’m not keeping it. | 我不会留着 |
[39:02] | The way you treated me, | 你对待我的方式 |
[39:03] | I wasn’t even going to tell you. | 我本来都不想告诉你的 |
[39:06] | But I’m not a bad person. | 但我不是坏人 |
[39:08] | You have a right to know. | 你有权知道 |
[39:13] | Anyway, that’s all I came here to say, so… | 总之 这就是我来此想对你说的 |
[39:16] | goodbye. | 再见 |
[39:17] | Have a nice life. | 祝你生活美满 |
[39:19] | Wait. | 等等 |
[39:29] | Simone, thank you so much. | 萨蒙妮 太谢谢你了 |
[39:32] | – Where’s Tommy? – They’re doing some scans of his head. | -汤米在哪 -他们在扫描他的头部 |
[39:34] | He has a possible concussion. | 他可能有脑震荡 |
[39:36] | They need to be sure there’s no swelling. | 他们要确保没有任何肿胀 |
[39:38] | But he’ll be all right? | 但他不会有事 |
[39:39] | He’s pretty banged up. | 他受了很多伤 |
[39:40] | He has a bad cut on his leg, but he’ll recover. | 他腿上划了道口子 不过他会好起来的 |
[39:43] | – Oh, thank God. – He was driving while drunk. | -谢天谢地 -他醉酒驾驶 |
[39:45] | I couldn’t believe it when the nurse told me. | 护士告诉我的时候我完全不敢相信 |
[39:47] | Tommy would never… | 汤米绝不会… |
[39:50] | God. What’s happened to my boy? | 天 我儿子到底怎么了 |
[39:53] | I feel so awful. | 我感觉好惭愧 |
[39:55] | You’re so sweet to be here. | 你能来真好 |
[39:57] | Even now, when you’re going through your own hell. | 尤其是现在你还要应付自己的难事 |
[40:01] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[40:02] | I know about Karl, | 我知道卡尔的事了 |
[40:04] | how he’s sick with that gay disease. | 他染上了那个同志疾病 |
[40:07] | I don’t know what you’ve heard, but… | 我不知道你听说了什么 但是 |
[40:08] | Ida Coy told me. | 艾达·考伊跟我说了 |
[40:11] | She was in one of the stalls | 她在厕所隔间里 |
[40:13] | when you were talking to Dr. Bennett’s wife. | 听到了你和本奈特医生的妻子之间的对话 |
[40:15] | Oh, God. Well, please don’t tell anyone else. | 天呐 求你别再告诉任何人了 |
[40:18] | Karl would be so upset. | 卡尔一定会很生气的 |
[40:19] | I don’t care about Karl. | 我才不在乎卡尔 |
[40:21] | You’re the one I’m concerned for. | 我担心的是你 |
[40:24] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:26] | Well, I don’t have it, if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你是想问我有没有被染病 我没有 |
[40:28] | Well, I hope not. | 但愿没有吧 |
[40:30] | No one seems to know how those people are spreading it. | 似乎没人知道那些人是怎么让这病肆虐的 |
[40:34] | We brought your son to a room if you want to see him. | 我们把你儿子带去了房间里 想见可以去见了 |
[40:36] | Yes, please, let’s go. | 好的 拜托了 我们走 |
[40:37] | Oh, but we can only allow family back there. | 但只允许家属进去 |
[40:39] | Oh, Simone is practically family. | 萨蒙妮也几乎算是家人了 |
[40:41] | Sorry, it’s policy. | 抱歉 这是规定 |
[40:43] | – It’s fine. Just-just call me later. – I will. | -没事 你回头打电话给我吧 -我会的 |
[40:45] | And I will be there for you when you need me. | 如果你需要我 我一定会支持你的 |
[41:01] | Truth is, I fell in love with Jade | 事实是 我爱上洁德的时候 |
[41:02] | without really knowing who she was. | 完全不清楚她是个什么样的人 |
[41:08] | And what’s worse is I brought her into my home. | 更糟糕的是 我把她带进了我的家中 |
[41:15] | Now she’s sleeping in my bed and I’m living in a hotel. | 现在她睡在我的床上 我却住在酒店里 |
[41:19] | I need her out of my house. | 我要她滚出我家 |
[41:22] | But she’s enabling my drug addict husband | 但她在怂恿我那吸毒的丈夫 |
[41:24] | and I don’t think he’ll just let her go. | 我觉得他是不会放她走的 |
[41:27] | Not to mention the fact that you and I both know | 更别提你我都清楚 |
[41:29] | how intensely she can react when she feels threatened. | 当她觉得受到威胁时 会做出多么过激的反应 |
[41:32] | If I’m gonna get her out of the house, I need to be smart. | 如果我要把她赶出我家 我需要聪明点 |
[41:37] | I need leverage. | 我需要筹码 |
[41:38] | And I thought you might be just the person to help me with that. | 我觉得你可能是帮助我的最佳人选 |
[41:42] | Why would I help you? | 我为什么要帮你 |
[41:43] | I’m thinking, you scratch my back, I scratch yours. | 我的想法是 你帮我挠背 我也帮你挠背 |
[41:47] | All you got to do is tell me where it itches. | 你只需要告诉我哪里痒就行了 |
[41:50] | They set my bail at $10,000. | 他们把我的保释金定成了1万美元 |
[41:52] | They seem to think I’m dangerous. | 他们似乎觉得我很危险 |
[41:55] | Well, as luck would have it, I brought my checkbook. | 算你走运 我带支票簿来了 |
[42:03] | Well, in that case, how can I help? | 那样的话 我能帮上你什么忙 |
[42:07] | Tell me everything you know about Jade. | 把你知道的关于洁德的一切都告诉我 |
[42:09] | Well, for starters, that’s not her real name. | 首先 那不是她的真名 |
[42:14] | Oh, shit. | 妈的 |
[42:16] | Hold on, darling. You ain’t heard nothing yet. | 别急 亲爱的 更劲爆的还在后面呢 |
[42:24] | Oh, my poor baby. | 我可怜的宝贝 |
[42:28] | How is his leg? | 他的腿怎么样了 |
[42:30] | Well, he needed some stitches, | 缝了几针 |
[42:33] | but he will be good as new in no time. | 不过很快就能恢复如初了 |
[42:41] | What in the world? | 这是什么鬼 |
[42:46] | Who’s Simone? | 萨蒙妮是谁 |
[42:47] | That his girlfriend? | 是他女朋友吗 |
[42:51] | Bit young for a tattoo. | 这么年轻就文身 |
[42:55] | One day he’s gonna regret that. | 以后情变了肯定会后悔的 |
[43:01] | So will she. | 她也会后悔的 |
[43:08] | Hey there. | 你好啊 |
[43:10] | How you feeling? | 感觉怎么样 |
[43:11] | Better, now that you’re here. | 你来了 我就觉得好多了 |
[43:14] | Need help with anything? | 需要我帮忙做点什么吗 |
[43:15] | Oh, I’m just peeling potatoes. I think I can handle it. | 我只是在给土豆削皮而已 我觉得我可以应付 |
[43:18] | I’m gonna change clothes. | 我去换身衣服 |
[43:20] | When I’m done, I’ll come down and set the table for you. | 等我换完 我要下来帮你摆桌子 |
[43:25] | You’re sweet. | 你太贴心了 |
[43:33] | Leo. | 利奥 |
[43:34] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[43:36] | Where’s Rob? | 罗伯去哪儿了 |
[43:37] | He just went upstairs. Is something wrong? | 他刚刚上楼了 是出什么事了吗 |
[43:39] | Yeah, you need to come to our house. | 是的 你需要去我家一趟 |
[43:41] | You got a phone call from you-know-who. | 那个人给你打来电话了 |
[43:44] | She said it’s important. | 她说有要紧的事 |
[43:47] | And Sheila wanted me to tell you | 希拉希望我告诉你 |
[43:50] | this is the last time she’s doing this for you. | 这是她最后一次帮你了 |
[43:52] | She’s still angry with me? | 她还在生我的气吗 |
[43:54] | Yeah, something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[44:02] | Do you think I’m a horrible person? | 你觉得我是个糟糕的人吗 |
[44:05] | Nah, I think you’re a nice lady | 不 我认为你是个好女人 |
[44:08] | who’s gotten herself in a real fucking mess. | 只是陷入了大麻烦中 |
[44:21] | We’re here. | 我们来了 |
[44:28] | Is she serious? | 她是认真的吗 |
[44:29] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[44:35] | Hello? | 喂 |
[44:36] | Sheila. What took you so long? | 希拉 你怎么这么久才来 |
[44:38] | Long story. I-Is everything okay? | 说来话长 一切都还好吧 |
[44:40] | Better than okay. Everything is wonderful. | 简直好极了 好到不能再好 |
[44:42] | Tell me. | 跟我说说 |
[44:45] | I went to Rob’s office to let him know that I’m pregnant. | 我去了罗伯的办公室 告诉他我怀孕的事 |
[44:48] | You did what? | 你干了什么 |
[44:49] | I figured the S.O.B. had a right to know. | 我觉得那个混蛋有权知道 |
[44:51] | Anyway, I stormed into his office and I blurted it out, | 总之 我冲进他的办公室 把这事抖出来了 |
[44:53] | and do you know what that big galoot did? | 你知道那个笨蛋干了什么吗 |
[44:57] | No. | 不知道 |
[44:58] | He got down on one knee | 他单膝跪地 |
[44:59] | and asked me if I would marry him. | 问我愿不愿意嫁给他 |
[45:03] | But no, but he’s still married. | 但是 他还没离婚啊 |
[45:05] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这么说的 |
[45:07] | But he told me that his marriage is ending. | 但他说他的婚姻就快结束了 |
[45:08] | He said he just needs six months. | 他说只要再给他六个月的时间就行 |
[45:13] | Six months. | 六个月 |
[45:14] | And then | 到时候 |
[45:15] | he’ll be totally free. | 他就会彻底自由了 |
[45:21] | Anyway, I just wanted to call to tell you first. | 总之 我只想打个电话先告诉你 |
[45:23] | Now I have to call and tell my mother. | 接下来我要打电话告诉我妈了 |
[45:25] | Oh, Sheila. | 希拉 |
[45:27] | I am so happy. | 我真是太幸福了 |
[45:39] | I would ask if everything’s okay, but, uh, | 我倒是想问问你是不是遇到什么事了 |
[45:43] | I don’t think I’m allowed to talk to you anymore. | 但好像我不能再跟你说话了 |
[45:47] | So… | 所以… |
[46:58] | 泰勒: 打给我 我们要谈谈洁德的事 | |
[47:14] | 屏蔽联系人 取消 |