时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | You know, a spot’s opened up in the Garden Club. | 俱乐部有了一个空位 |
[00:08] | It’s considered the finest in Los Angeles. | 被视作洛杉矶最顶级的俱乐部 |
[00:10] | We’re having a gathering at my house on Saturday. | 我们这周六在我家有个聚会 |
[00:13] | You’re inviting me to a party? | 你是在邀请我参加聚会吗 |
[00:14] | Oh, honey. They don’t let frumps | 亲爱的 她们是不会 |
[00:17] | into the Elysian Park Garden Club. | 让老妈子加入极乐公园园艺俱乐部的 |
[00:20] | Oh, no. The needle. | 不 针断了 |
[00:29] | 伊尼德·多兰 1945年2月14日 | |
[00:30] | My Aunt Enid had one just like it. | 我姨妈伊尼德有一颗跟这个一样的 |
[00:32] | She died four years ago. | 她四年前去世 |
[00:33] | The man I need you to follow is my lover. | 你要跟踪的是我的情人 |
[00:35] | So you’re the cheater? | 所以是你不忠 |
[00:36] | My lover’s name is Scooter Polarsky. | 我的情人叫斯库特·波拉斯基 |
[00:39] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[00:40] | Sorry, Scooter. | 抱歉 斯库特 |
[00:49] | – Rita? – Carlo? | -丽塔 -卡洛 |
[00:54] | – It seems I’m dying. – I know. | -我可能快死了 -我知道 |
[00:57] | When a dog or cat is ready to die, we help them. | 当一只狗或者猫要死的时候 我们会帮助它们 |
[00:59] | We should show human beings the same kindness. | 我们应该对人类展现出同样的仁慈 |
[01:03] | 斯科特·麦金尼斯 1943年10月8日 | |
[01:17] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[01:18] | I’m off to work. You awake? | 我要去上班了 你醒了吗 |
[01:22] | In fact, Alma Fillcot had not slept a wink all night long. | 实际上 艾尔玛·菲尔科特一整夜都没睡 |
[01:29] | The mysterious box in her attic kept taunting her, whispering, | 阁楼里神秘的箱子一直在嘲弄她 私语道 |
[01:34] | “Your husband has a secret.” | “你丈夫有个秘密” |
[01:36] | But she refused to believe it. | 但她拒绝相信 |
[01:38] | She knew Bertram Fillcot was the kindest man she’d ever met. | 她知道伯特伦·菲尔科特是她见过的最善良的男人 |
[01:43] | She had learned this years ago. | 她很多年前就知道了 |
[01:47] | The night Tom Madison broke her heart. | 在汤姆·麦迪逊伤了她心的那晚 |
[02:48] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[02:52] | I found a baby bird on the ground. | 我在地上发现了一只鸟宝宝 |
[02:55] | I’m putting it back in its nest. | 我要把它放回巢里 |
[02:57] | Aren’t you worried about your tux? | 你不担心你的礼服吗 |
[02:59] | No. | 不 |
[03:00] | Just worried about the bird. | 只担心小鸟 |
[03:03] | There you go, little buddy. | 你回家了 小家伙 |
[03:05] | Be more careful in the future. | 以后要小心点哦 |
[03:11] | Be right down. | 我马上下来 |
[03:18] | That was very kind of you. | 你可真善良 |
[03:20] | I didn’t do so much. | 我也没做什么 |
[03:22] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[03:23] | My tux is a goner. | 我的礼服毁了 |
[03:25] | Guess I’ll have to call it a night. | 看来今晚得到此为止了 |
[03:27] | You’re not going back to the dance? | 你不回去跳舞了吗 |
[03:29] | I don’t know many girls that would dance with me | 我现在这样 认识的女孩里 |
[03:31] | looking like this. | 没几个愿意跟我跳舞的 |
[03:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[03:37] | I’d dance with you. | 我愿意跟你跳舞 |
[03:40] | The rip doesn’t matter to me. | 我不介意你裤子破了 |
[03:42] | Not in the slightest. | 一点也不 |
[03:45] | My name is Alma, by the way. | 对了 我叫艾尔玛 |
[03:47] | Alma Wilkins. | 艾尔玛·威尔金斯 |
[03:48] | Yes, uh, I know. | 我知道 |
[03:50] | You do? | 你知道 |
[03:52] | I’ve seen you around school. | 我在学校经常看到你 |
[03:54] | I always thought you were nice. | 我一直觉得你很棒 |
[03:56] | I was right. | 我果然没想错 |
[04:00] | So, what’s your name? | 那…你叫什么 |
[04:02] | Oh, I’m Bertram Fillcot. | 我叫伯特伦·菲尔科特 |
[04:06] | So, Miss Wilkins… | 那么 威尔金斯小姐 |
[04:08] | would you do me the honor? | 你愿意赏光与我共舞吗 |
[04:18] | Even after all these years, | 即便过了这么多年 |
[04:21] | Alma Fillcot still loved her husband. | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特仍然爱着她的丈夫 |
[04:26] | But she now suspected he was keeping something from her. | 但她现在怀疑他有事瞒着她 |
[04:33] | So she decided to learn everything she could | 于是她决定竭尽所能 |
[04:36] | about the secrets he was hiding inside that mysterious box. | 去探知他在那神秘盒子里隐藏的秘密 |
[04:41] | And, like Pandora before her, she was completely unprepared | 就像在她之前打开了魔盒的潘多拉一样 |
[04:45] | for the evil that was about to burst forth. | 她对自己将要放出的恶魔毫无准备 |
[05:18] | As Alma studied the various items | 艾尔玛研究了 |
[05:20] | she’d found in her husband’s box… | 她丈夫盒子中的各种物件 |
[05:23] | …there was one in particular that caught her eye. | 有一件尤其令她在意 |
[05:28] | And worried her. | 也尤其让她担忧 |
[05:30] | Greatly. | 非常担忧 |
[05:40] | Oh, good. You’re finally up. | 太好了 你终于醒了 |
[05:42] | Been dying to find out what happened yesterday. | 我迫切想知道昨晚的情况 |
[05:45] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:46] | The party. | 那个聚会啊 |
[05:47] | Did it go well? | 还顺利吗 |
[05:48] | Are the Garden Club ladies going to invite you to join? | 园艺俱乐部的女士们会邀请你加入吗 |
[05:50] | That. Um, you know, I-I don’t, I don’t think so. | 那事啊 我想不会了 |
[05:52] | I don’t think I made a very good impression. | 我应该没给她们留下好印象 |
[05:54] | Oh, Mom. I’m sorry. | 妈妈 我很遗憾 |
[05:56] | Are you devastated? | 你是不是很难过 |
[05:58] | Probably. | 大概吧 |
[05:59] | I haven’t had time to decide. | 我还没时间决定 |
[06:01] | Excuse me. | 我先走了 |
[06:09] | This looks like a cleaning woman. | 这看起来是个女清洁工 |
[06:11] | You said take a photo of every dame | 你说要拍下每一个 |
[06:13] | who went into his apartment. | 进入他公寓的女人 |
[06:15] | She’s the only one who waltzed in. | 只有她轻快地进去了 |
[06:17] | Galumphed in is more like it. | 是笨拙地滚进去吧 |
[06:19] | If Scooter is having an affair, | 斯库特就算真搞外遇 |
[06:21] | it is not with that fat old thing. | 也绝对不是跟那个老肥婆 |
[06:23] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[06:26] | You want me to keep tailing him? | 你要我继续跟踪他吗 |
[06:28] | One more week, to be sure. | 再跟一星期 确定一下 |
[06:30] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to get to the hospital | 那么失陪了 我要去医院 |
[06:32] | to check on my husband’s condition. | 看看我丈夫的情况 |
[06:34] | – Yeah, I heard he had a stroke. – Oh, it’s devastating. | -我听说他中风了 -太可怕了 |
[06:37] | Carlo can still see and hear, | 卡洛仍然能看见和听见 |
[06:39] | but he can’t speak or move. | 但他不能说话 也动不了 |
[06:41] | The doctors say it’s like he’s trapped in his own body. | 医生说他就像是被困在了自己身体里 |
[06:44] | That’s rough. | 太让人难受了 |
[06:46] | Yes, well, if he has to be stuck in anyone’s body, | 不过如果他非得”卡”在某个身体里 |
[06:49] | I’m glad it’s his for a change and not mine. | 我很庆幸这次是他自己 而不是我的 |
[06:52] | I’m starting to think you don’t care | 我开始觉得你根本不在乎 |
[06:53] | if your husband lives or dies. | 你丈夫的死活 |
[06:56] | Oh, I don’t mean to sound callous. It’s just… | 我不是故意表现得那么无情 只是 |
[06:59] | I look so good in black. | 我穿黑色太好看了 |
[07:12] | Nurse? | 护士 |
[07:13] | When you’re done in there, | 等你忙完 |
[07:14] | could you tell Carlo’s doctor I want to speak to him? | 你能叫卡洛的医生过来吗 我要交待几句 |
[07:18] | Oh, and I’d kill for a cup of coffee, | 还有 我很想来杯咖啡 |
[07:19] | if there’s a fresh pot somewhere. | 有没有刚冲好的 |
[07:22] | I am not your maid, Rita. | 我可不是你的佣人 丽塔 |
[07:24] | And the nurses are here to heal my father, | 而且护士是来照顾我父亲的 |
[07:26] | not to pamper his concubine. | 不是来对他的小老婆唯命是从的 |
[07:29] | Catherine… | 凯瑟琳 |
[07:31] | what a nice surprise. | 真想不到你能来 |
[07:32] | Why didn’t you tell me my father was ill? | 我父亲病了为什么不告诉我 |
[07:35] | If his lawyer hadn’t called, | 要不是他的律师给我打电话 |
[07:36] | I would still be in Texas. | 我这会儿还在得克萨斯呢 |
[07:38] | Sorry, but I’ve been busy. | 抱歉 我太忙了 |
[07:40] | Oh, I’m sure spending my father’s money takes up a lot of your day. | 你是忙着花我父亲的钱吧 |
[07:45] | Don’t worry, Papa. | 别担心 爸爸 |
[07:47] | Your dumpling is here to take care of you. | 你的小棉袄来照顾你了 |
[07:49] | Dumpling? | 小棉袄 |
[07:51] | Do you not know how he feels about you? | 你知道你在他眼里什么样子吗 |
[07:53] | You’re an only child and still not his favorite. | 他只有你一个孩子 却仍然不喜欢你 |
[07:56] | I was owed a phone call. | 我有资格要求知情 |
[07:59] | The family trust clearly states | 家族信托明确规定 |
[08:00] | that I’m in charge of every decision | 有关我父亲健康状况的一切事宜 |
[08:02] | involving my father’s health. | 都由我做主 |
[08:03] | How did that happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[08:05] | You may have nicer legs, but… | 你也许盘靓条顺 |
[08:07] | I have better lawyers. | 但我的律师更厉害 |
[08:10] | And they say I have the power to take him back home. | 他们还说我可以带他回家 |
[08:13] | Did you hear that, Papa? | 你听到了吗 爸爸 |
[08:15] | I’ll be taking care of you from now on. | 从今往后我来照顾你 |
[08:18] | So you’re taking him back to Texas? | 你要带他回得克萨斯 |
[08:20] | Yes. | 没错 |
[08:22] | And now I have to go and speak with the doctors, and, no… | 现在我要去跟医生谈话了 不行 |
[08:26] | …you may not join us. | 你不能一起来 |
[08:31] | Oh, she’s taking you out of my life, Carlo. | 她要带你远离我了 卡洛 |
[08:35] | Whatever shall I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[08:38] | Besides cartwheels, I mean. | 只能开心得翻跟头了 |
[08:46] | Morning, Mr. Polarsky. | 早啊 波拉斯基先生 |
[08:49] | The usual? | 老样子 |
[08:50] | You know it, doll. | 你都知道 宝贝 |
[09:05] | You again. | 又是你 |
[09:07] | So, what’ll it be? | 那么 喝点什么 |
[09:08] | Cup of joe followed by six refills? | 一杯咖啡 再续杯六次 |
[09:11] | And some toast. | 还有面包片 |
[09:12] | I’m feeling adventurous. | 我想冒下险 |
[09:16] | Craziest thing. | 有件疯狂的事 |
[09:17] | I, uh, I thought I saw you last night, | 我觉得我昨晚看到你了 |
[09:21] | over in Chinatown. | 在中国城 |
[09:23] | Yeah. | 是 |
[09:24] | That was me. | 那是我 |
[09:27] | Did, uh, you see me? | 你看到我了吗 |
[09:29] | Maid’s getup? | 穿着服务员服装 |
[09:30] | Old lady wig? | 戴着老太太假发 |
[09:32] | Yeah, you were hard to miss. | 是 很难不看到你 |
[09:35] | Look, about that… | 关于那个 |
[09:36] | Listen. You don’t owe me an explanation. | 听着 你不需要跟我解释 |
[09:38] | Whatever’s going on between you and that guy, | 你和那个小伙之间的事情 |
[09:41] | it’s none of my business. | 与我无关 |
[09:42] | Why do you think there’s a guy? | 你为什么觉得有个小伙 |
[09:44] | Well, for starters, you were in a disguise, | 首先 你做了伪装 |
[09:46] | and it ain’t Halloween. | 而那天不是万圣节 |
[09:50] | Okay, yeah, there’s a guy. | 好吧 是的 是有个小伙 |
[09:52] | But it’s a complicated. | 但是事情很复杂 |
[09:53] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[09:55] | Don’t act like you get what’s going on, | 别装作好像你知道内情似的 |
[09:58] | ’cause you don’t. | 因为你不知道 |
[09:59] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[10:00] | I don’t get why a smart girl like you | 我不懂为什么你这样一个聪明的女孩 |
[10:03] | would let some jerk humiliate her. | 会让那种混蛋糟蹋 |
[10:05] | He’s not a jerk. | 他不是混蛋 |
[10:07] | He’s in a jam, is all. | 他陷入困境了 仅此而已 |
[10:09] | But deep down he’s good people. | 但他内心深处是个好人 |
[10:21] | Alma Fillcot went into town that day | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特那天去了镇上 |
[10:24] | to learn the truth behind her husband’s mysterious collection. | 想弄清楚她丈夫神秘收藏品背后的真相 |
[10:29] | She knew in her heart, there was a simple explanation. | 她心里明白 真相很简单 |
[10:35] | She was wrong. | 她错了 |
[10:38] | Miss Moran? | 莫兰小姐 |
[10:44] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[10:46] | Miss Moran, are you home? | 莫兰小姐 你在家吗 |
[10:56] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[11:01] | You don’t know me, | 你不认识我 |
[11:02] | but I-I have something that belongs to you. | 你有东西在我这儿 |
[11:10] | Miss Moran. | 莫兰小姐 |
[11:18] | Miss Moran? | 莫兰小姐 |
[11:25] | Are you asleep? | 你睡着了吗 |
[11:30] | Miss Moran? | 莫兰小姐 |
[12:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:19] | How did it go? | 怎么样 |
[12:20] | I hope Duke didn’t give you too much trouble. | 希望公爵没给你惹太多麻烦 |
[12:22] | Nope. He behaved like royalty. | 没有 它举止颇有皇室风范 |
[12:25] | I’ve got the… | 我给它… |
[12:26] | prescription here for his eye drops. | 开了眼药水 |
[12:29] | Thank you again, Dr. Fillcot. | 再次感谢你 菲尔科特医生 |
[12:31] | Wait. I almost forgot. | 等下 我差点忘了 |
[12:34] | I brought a gift for Alma. | 我给艾尔玛带了份礼物 |
[12:37] | You know my wife? | 你认识我妻子 |
[12:38] | Well, we just met at a party yesterday. | 我们昨天在聚会上刚认识的 |
[12:40] | But she did the sweetest thing for me, | 但她为我做了一件非常暖心的事 |
[12:42] | so I bought her some chocolates. | 所以我给她带了点巧克力 |
[12:43] | What on earth did she do? | 她做了什么 |
[12:44] | Do you remember my Aunt Enid? Who died? | 还记得我姨妈伊尼德吗 已经过世了 |
[12:49] | Yes, uh… | 记得… |
[12:51] | heart attack. | 心脏病 |
[12:53] | Sweet soul. | 多好的人 |
[12:54] | Yes, well, after her death, some jewelry she owned went missing. | 是啊 她过世后 她有个珠宝不见了 |
[12:59] | But thanks to your wife, | 不过多亏了你妻子 |
[13:01] | I now have it back. | 现在我找回来了 |
[13:06] | Did she say where she found it? | 她有说是在哪找到的吗 |
[13:08] | I don’t know, some rummage sale, I think. | 我不清楚 好像是什么慈善拍卖会上买的 |
[13:11] | Anyway, wasn’t it just darling of her to return it? | 不管怎样 她把它物归原主是不是太暖心了 |
[13:13] | Yes, darling. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[13:15] | I wonder why she didn’t tell me herself. | 这事她怎么没告诉我 |
[13:16] | Well, when you give her the chocolates, | 你把巧克力给她的时候 |
[13:18] | do tell her they’re from Belgium, please. | 请一定要告诉她是比利时的 |
[13:20] | That’s the expensive kind. | 很贵的 |
[13:22] | Come, Duke. | 来 公爵 |
[13:44] | Hello, Bertram. | 你好 伯特伦 |
[13:47] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[13:58] | They’re mementos. | 这些是纪念品 |
[14:01] | Things that once belonged to friends. | 一些曾属于朋友们的东西 |
[14:04] | Patients. | 病人们 |
[14:05] | People I’ve met. | 我遇到的人 |
[14:08] | People who are now dead. | 那些人现在都死了 |
[14:11] | If they were alive, I wouldn’t need mementos. | 如果他们还活着 我就不需要纪念品了 |
[14:16] | If they’re just harmless keepsakes, | 如果这些纪念品没问题 |
[14:18] | then why do you hide them in the attic? | 那你为什么把它们藏在阁楼 |
[14:20] | You’re very emotional. | 你太激动了 |
[14:21] | Well, of course I’m emotional. | 我当然激动了 |
[14:23] | I just saw a dead woman. | 我刚刚看见了一个死了的女人 |
[14:25] | A dead woman? | 死了的女人 |
[14:26] | Your friend Maisie Moran. | 你的朋友麦茜·莫兰 |
[14:28] | I saw her name on your latest… | 我看见了她的名字 在你最新的 |
[14:31] | souvenir. | 纪念品上 |
[14:32] | So I looked up her address. | 我查到了她的地址 |
[14:35] | I wanted to talk to her. | 我想跟她聊聊 |
[14:37] | But it was too late for a chat. | 但已经来不及聊了 |
[14:39] | That must be very upsetting for you. | 你一定很难过 |
[14:41] | Let me get you some tea. | 我给你泡点茶 |
[14:42] | I don’t want tea. | 我不想喝茶 |
[14:43] | Bertram, I want answers! | 伯特伦 我想要你的回答 |
[14:48] | Were you there last night? | 你昨晚在她家吗 |
[14:54] | Yes. | 对 |
[14:58] | I’m sure that there is a perfectly logical explanation | 我相信这一切一定有非常合理的 |
[15:02] | for all of this. | 解释 |
[15:03] | And now would be a really good time | 现在就是你 |
[15:05] | for you to share that with me. | 告诉我的好时机 |
[15:06] | Because the most dreadful thoughts | 因为我的脑子里 |
[15:08] | are racing through my mind. | 一直有可怕的想法飞过 |
[15:09] | Things that can’t possibly be true. | 那些想法不可能是真的 |
[15:11] | Please tell me what is going on. | 拜托告诉我发生了什么 |
[15:17] | Maisie was very ill. | 麦茜病得很重 |
[15:20] | You’re saying that she… | 你说她是 |
[15:22] | died of natural causes? | 自然病逝的 |
[15:26] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[15:28] | What happened last night? | 昨晚发生了什么 |
[15:31] | She deserved a beautiful death, | 她值得美好地死去 |
[15:33] | and I made sure she got one. | 我确保她能如愿 |
[15:37] | You made sure? | 你确保了 |
[15:38] | It’s why I was there. | 所以我才过去的 |
[15:40] | To help her die peacefully. | 帮助她安详死去 |
[15:44] | What do you mean you helped her? | 你说的帮助是什么意思 |
[15:46] | With an injection. | 注射药物 |
[15:48] | It’s the same drug I use in my practice. | 跟我在诊所里用的药物一样 |
[15:51] | You put her to sleep? | 你让她安乐死 |
[15:54] | Like she was a dog? | 把她当成狗 |
[15:56] | She was on the verge of so much suffering. | 她即将遭受极大的痛苦 |
[15:59] | They all were. | 他们都如此 |
[16:02] | They all were? | 他们都如此 |
[16:04] | Yes, each was dying of something. | 是的 每个人都即将死于某种事物 |
[16:05] | Alcoholism, | 酗酒 |
[16:07] | heart disease, cancer. | 心脏病 癌症 |
[16:10] | When there’s no possibility of a cure, then… | 当没有治愈可能的时候 那么 |
[16:13] | I bring peace. | 我就会带去安宁 |
[16:15] | You killed all these people? | 你杀了所有这些人 |
[16:17] | No, I helped them. | 不 我帮助了他们 |
[16:19] | Helped them? | 帮助他们 |
[16:21] | Did… | 他们 |
[16:22] | Did they ask you to? | 他们有叫你这么做吗 |
[16:25] | Well… | 这个 |
[16:27] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[16:30] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[16:31] | I can’t breathe. | 我没法呼吸了 |
[16:33] | My heart is pounding. | 我的心在狂跳 |
[16:34] | You need to calm yourself. | 你需要冷静 |
[16:35] | Let me get you a sedative. | 我给你点镇静剂 |
[16:36] | Don’t you come near me! | 别靠近我 |
[16:38] | No. Don’t. | 不 别过来 |
[16:40] | Alma, surely you don’t think… | 艾尔玛 你不会觉得… |
[16:41] | You stay back. Back! | 退后 退后 |
[16:43] | – Get away. Ah! – Darling. | -别过来 -亲爱的 |
[16:45] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[16:49] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[16:50] | Look, I-I know you’ve had a shock. | 听着 我知道你很震惊 |
[16:52] | But… there’s really no need to overreact. | 但是 没必要反应过激 |
[16:55] | You kill people for a hobby! | 你为了爱好杀人 |
[16:57] | It’s not possible to overreact! | 怎么可能不反应过激 |
[16:59] | Hobby? No. | 爱好 不 |
[17:02] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[17:04] | Those sweet souls, the… | 他们都是好人 |
[17:07] | the ones I helped, they were alone | 那些我帮助过的人 他们孤独 |
[17:10] | and scared, | 害怕 |
[17:11] | with nothing to look forward to | 他们除了难以想象的痛苦 |
[17:13] | but unimaginable pain. | 已经没什么可期待的了 |
[17:16] | I eased them out of life to protect them. | 我帮他们解脱是为了保护他们 |
[17:20] | I showed them mercy. | 我对他们很仁慈 |
[17:23] | The first person I helped in this way, she… | 我这样帮助过的第一个人 她… |
[17:28] | She asked me to. | 她要求我这样做 |
[17:31] | She begged me. | 她恳求我 |
[17:35] | You should have seen her face afterwards. | 你真该看看她去世后的表情 |
[17:42] | Oh, it was so peaceful. | 非常安详 |
[17:46] | Ever since then, it’s become my calling. | 从此以后 这就成了我的使命 |
[17:53] | Alma, are you listening to me? | 艾尔玛 你在听我说话吗 |
[18:04] | What? | 怎么 |
[18:05] | You’ve never conducted a fire safety drill before? | 你从没做过消防演习吗 |
[18:17] | Darling, please. | 亲爱的 求你了 |
[18:18] | Can we talk about this? | 我们能谈谈这事吗 |
[18:23] | – Alma? – No. | -艾尔玛 -不 |
[18:24] | Don’t come any closer! | 别靠近我 |
[18:27] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[18:28] | Where do you think I’m going? To the police! | 你觉得我要去哪里 去警局 |
[18:30] | Can’t we talk about this? | 我们能谈谈这事吗 |
[18:32] | You know I’d never hurt you. | 你知道我绝不会伤害你 |
[18:33] | I’m not afraid you’ll hurt me. | 我不是怕你伤害我 |
[18:35] | I’m afraid you’ll help me. | 我是怕你帮助我 |
[18:36] | – No. No. – Alma… | -不 不 -艾尔玛 |
[18:42] | Back up. | 退后 |
[18:43] | Get back. | 回去 |
[18:49] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[19:04] | Scooter, I’ve been thinking. | 斯库特 我一直在想 |
[19:07] | How’d you like to come live with me? | 你愿意跟我一起住吗 |
[19:10] | You mean shack up? | 你是说同居吗 |
[19:12] | Well, what about Carlo? | 那卡洛呢 |
[19:13] | His bitch of a daughter is taking him back home to Texas. | 他那个该死的女儿要带他回得克萨斯了 |
[19:16] | Oh, swell. | 太好了 |
[19:18] | When should I start packing? | 我要什么时候开始收拾东西 |
[19:20] | Today, if you’d like. | 你想的话今天就可以 |
[19:22] | But since I’m still married, | 但我还结着婚 |
[19:24] | we’ll need a cover story to explain you being there. | 我们得想出一个解释你过去的说法 |
[19:27] | Oh, right. | 对 |
[19:28] | So we don’t scandalize the Garden Club. | 那样才不会让园艺俱乐部有丑闻 |
[19:30] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[19:32] | So we’ll tell people you’re my chauffeur. | 那就跟别人说你是我的司机 |
[19:36] | A chauffeur? | 司机 |
[19:38] | But I’m an actor. | 我可是个演员 |
[19:40] | Okay, an aspiring actor. | 一个有理想的演员 |
[19:43] | And I’m an aspiring widow. | 而我是个有理想的寡妇 |
[19:45] | So while we wait for our dreams to come true, | 所以在我们等待理想实现的时候 |
[19:47] | you’ll stay in my guesthouse. | 你先寄宿在我家客房里 |
[19:49] | Trust me, it beats this pigsty. | 相信我 条件肯定比这个猪圈好 |
[19:52] | That woman who cleans for you isn’t just old, she’s blind. | 你的清洁工不仅年纪大 眼睛还瞎 |
[19:57] | I never said I have a cleaning lady. | 我可没说过我有清洁工 |
[20:01] | Oh, you must have. | 你肯定说过 |
[20:02] | How else could I know about her? | 不然我怎么会知道她呢 |
[20:08] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[20:12] | Let’s leave things how they are. | 还是不要急着改变现状 |
[20:14] | I want you as my lover, not my boss. | 我想你做我的爱人 不是老板 |
[20:16] | Oh, for God’s sake, it’s temporary. | 老天啊 只是暂时的 |
[20:19] | Carlo is inches from death. | 卡洛半条腿已经进棺材了 |
[20:21] | And once I have his money, | 等我拿到了他的钱 |
[20:22] | we can spend it on anything you’d like. | 你想要什么我们就买什么 |
[20:25] | Travel, parties. | 旅行 聚会 |
[20:27] | Give up my freedom for a few shindigs? | 为了这些东西就放弃我的自由 |
[20:29] | Pasadena. | 典型的帕萨迪纳作风 |
[20:29] | 帕萨迪纳市人喜欢聚会 喝酒 寻欢作乐 | |
[20:31] | I will have millions of dollars. | 到时候我会有几百万美元 |
[20:35] | And… | 而且 |
[20:36] | there might even be enough to finance a film… | 可能还有钱投资一部电影 |
[20:40] | starring my former chauffeur. | 由我曾经的司机主演 |
[20:43] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[20:46] | Of course I am, my beautiful boy. | 当然 我的乖乖仔 |
[20:49] | Now, what do you say? | 现在你怎么说 |
[20:51] | I say… | 我说 |
[20:53] | car’s all gassed up, Mrs. Castillo. Where to? | 车已经加满油了 卡斯蒂罗太太 您要去哪儿 |
[20:56] | Paradise. | 天堂 |
[20:58] | And step on it. | 快来吧 |
[21:09] | Alma Fillcot? | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特 |
[21:11] | Rita. | 丽塔 |
[21:13] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[21:14] | Oh, I was just around the block, interviewing a new chauffeur. | 我正好在这附近 面试一个新司机 |
[21:18] | Uh, so, Grace phoned me last night. | 格蕾丝昨晚给我打电话了 |
[21:20] | She went on and on about you. | 她一直在说你 |
[21:23] | She did? | 是吗 |
[21:24] | Yes. She said you were very sweet. | 是的 她说你人很好 |
[21:27] | You returned some old trinket? | 你是给她归还了某个旧首饰吗 |
[21:29] | Yes, her-her cameo. | 是的 她的浮雕珠宝 |
[21:32] | Anyway, she’s very grateful, | 无论如何 她十分感激 |
[21:35] | and she wants to nominate you for the open spot in the club. | 她还想提名你加入俱乐部 |
[21:38] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[21:41] | I just didn’t think I’d ever be nominated. | 我只是没想到我会被提名 |
[21:45] | No one did. | 没人想得到 |
[21:46] | But you now have Grace on your side. | 但是现在你有格蕾丝帮你撑腰 |
[21:48] | So, good for you. | 真有你的 |
[21:52] | Do you really think I have a chance? | 你真的觉得我有机会加入吗 |
[21:54] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[21:55] | Ada Coy was my first choice, but… | 艾达·科伊曾是我的第一人选 但是 |
[21:59] | Well, her husband was just caught embezzling money from his bank. | 她的丈夫刚因为挪用银行公款被捕 |
[22:02] | Obviously, we can’t admit someone whose husband might be arrested. | 很显然 我们不能让丈夫刚被捕的人加入 |
[22:11] | Wh-Why not? | 为 为什么不行 |
[22:13] | The Elysian Park Garden Club has a sterling reputation. | 极乐公园园艺俱乐部名声在外 |
[22:16] | We can’t be associated with a public scandal. | 我们不能跟社会丑闻扯上关系 |
[22:20] | Right. | 好吧 |
[22:21] | That would be awkward. | 那就尴尬了 |
[22:24] | What if she didn’t know what her husband had done? | 如果她对她丈夫的所作所为毫不知情呢 |
[22:27] | Oh. She’s his wife. | 她是妻子 |
[22:29] | She should have known. | 她应该知道 |
[22:32] | Poor Ada. | 可怜的艾达 |
[22:33] | I know. | 我懂 |
[22:35] | She’ll probably have to leave town. | 她可能得离开这里 |
[22:37] | No one decent will want to have a thing to do with her now. | 现在没人愿意跟她来往了 |
[22:41] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[22:42] | But the good news is, now you have a shot. | 但是好消息是 现在你有机会了 |
[22:46] | Someone will call you soon to set up a date for your interview. | 很快会有人给你打电话安排面试 |
[22:49] | Oh, and, um, | 另外 |
[22:50] | when that day comes, Alma, | 等那天到来时 艾尔玛 |
[22:53] | speaking as a friend… | 我是作为朋友才这么说的 |
[22:54] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[22:56] | Don’t wear that. | 别穿这衣服 |
[23:16] | Are you crazy? You can’t move this kid in here. | 你疯了吗 你不能让他搬进来 |
[23:19] | Oh. Lots of women have drivers. | 很多女人都有司机 |
[23:21] | Middle-aged men with a gut. | 有大肚子的中年男人 |
[23:22] | If you move a gorgeous young kid in here, people will talk. | 如果你让一个年轻帅哥搬进来 人们会说闲话的 |
[23:26] | Well, I’ll just… I’ll tell everyone he’s an actor | 我就告诉大家他是演员 |
[23:28] | and I’m only moving him in so I can mentor him. | 我让他搬进来是为了辅导他 |
[23:31] | People won’t talk then. | 那样人们就不会说闲话了 |
[23:32] | No, they’ll laugh. | 不 他们会大笑 |
[23:34] | That must be Scooter now. | 肯定是斯库特到了 |
[23:35] | His name is Scooter? | 他叫斯库特 |
[23:37] | I know. | 我懂 |
[23:38] | I begged him to change it. | 我求过他改名 |
[23:45] | Catherine? | 凯瑟琳 |
[23:47] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[23:48] | Oh, I brought you a present. | 我给你带了份礼物 |
[23:50] | Your husband. | 你丈夫 |
[23:52] | Come on, Papa. | 来吧 爸爸 |
[23:53] | Home sweet home. | 回家真好 |
[23:55] | But you said he was going to live with you in Texas. | 你不是说他要跟你一起搬去得州吗 |
[23:58] | And when I saw how happy that made you, | 我看到那让你有多开心后 |
[24:00] | I knew I’d made a mistake. | 我就知道我错了 |
[24:02] | Then it occurred to me that I can live here, | 然后我意识到我可以住在这儿 |
[24:04] | look after Papa, | 照顾爸爸 |
[24:05] | and keep an eye on you, as well. | 顺便看住你 |
[24:07] | Isabel, you can use the elevator | 伊莎贝尔 你可以用电梯 |
[24:10] | to take my father up to his room. | 送我爸爸去他房间 |
[24:11] | Isabel, no. | 伊莎贝尔 不 |
[24:13] | Carlo is not staying. | 卡洛不会留下 |
[24:15] | Father pays for your salary. | 爸爸支付你的工资 |
[24:17] | Not her. | 不是她 |
[24:18] | Yes, Miss Castillo. | 是的 卡斯蒂罗小姐 |
[24:20] | Sorry, Mrs. Castillo. | 抱歉 卡斯蒂罗太太 |
[24:23] | You. You… | 你 你 |
[24:26] | This is my home, Catherine, and I want you to leave. | 这是我家 凯瑟琳 我要你离开 |
[24:29] | My father’s name is on the deed, so what you want is irrelevant. | 房契上有我爸爸的名字 你想要什么不重要 |
[24:33] | Wheel Papa to the window, Isabel. | 把爸爸推到窗边去 伊莎贝尔 |
[24:35] | He likes looking at the flowers. | 他喜欢盯着花看 |
[24:37] | This is insane. | 这太荒谬了 |
[24:39] | He needs better care than we can give him here. | 这里满足不了他所需的照顾 |
[24:42] | You seem awfully eager to get him out of your hair. | 你似乎急于赶走他啊 |
[24:45] | Do you have some gigolo waiting in the wings? | 厢房里是有牛郎在等着吗 |
[24:49] | How dare you question my fidelity? | 你竟敢质疑我的忠诚 |
[24:52] | Anyone home? | 有人在家吗 |
[24:54] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[24:58] | What the hell’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[24:59] | You have to leave now. | 你得马上离开 |
[25:00] | Rita, where are you? | 丽塔 你在哪 |
[25:02] | Oh, crap. | 该死 |
[25:02] | – Give me this. – Hey. What are you doing? | -给我 -你在干什么 |
[25:05] | – Give me this. – What? | -给我 -什么 |
[25:08] | Who is this? | 这是谁 |
[25:09] | Oh, for Christ’s sake, Catherine. | 老天啊 凯瑟琳 |
[25:11] | It’s just my dry cleaner. | 这是我的干洗工 |
[25:14] | I-I hope you haven’t lost any more buttons. | 希望你没有弄丢更多纽扣 |
[25:16] | Isabel. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[25:18] | Put these dresses away. | 把这些衣服拿走 |
[25:22] | Well, what are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么 |
[25:23] | Oh, did I forget a tip? | 我忘了给小费吗 |
[25:25] | There. | 拿去 |
[25:27] | Off you go. | 走吧 |
[25:28] | Thanks, Mrs. Castillo. | 谢了 卡斯蒂罗太太 |
[25:30] | See you later. | 再见 |
[25:39] | I can’t believe you just did that. | 不敢相信你刚才那么做了 |
[25:43] | Did what? | 做了什么 |
[25:44] | You tipped him a whole dollar. | 你给了他一美元的小费 |
[25:46] | If that’s how you’re spending Papa’s money, | 如果你是这么花爸爸的钱 |
[25:48] | it’s a good thing I’m here. | 还好我来了 |
[25:50] | What I spend is none of your business. | 我怎么花钱与你无关 |
[25:53] | But everything you do is my business now. | 但你现在做的一切都跟我有关了 |
[25:56] | Morally and legally. | 无论是从道德上还是法律上说 |
[25:58] | And if I find legal grounds to sue for divorce on his behalf, | 如果我找到合法理由替他起诉离婚 |
[26:02] | I will do so. | 我会的 |
[26:03] | And take you out of his will. | 还会把你从遗嘱你去掉 |
[26:08] | So that’s your plan? | 这就是你的计划吗 |
[26:10] | To inherit the whole shebang yourself? | 一人独吞财产 |
[26:12] | I don’t need Papa’s money. | 我不需要爸爸的钱 |
[26:15] | But I sure would love to take it away from you. | 但我很乐意从你手中夺过来 |
[26:23] | Scooter? Scooter. | 斯库特 斯库特 |
[26:25] | – Rita. – Oh, come here. | -丽塔 -过来 |
[26:27] | Who the heck was that? | 刚才那人是谁 |
[26:28] | Oh, it’s Carlo’s daughter. | 卡洛的女儿 |
[26:29] | She brought the S.O.B. home. | 她把那贱人带回家了 |
[26:31] | – Well, how long is she going to be here? – Who knows? | -她要在这待多久 -谁知道呢 |
[26:34] | We’ll talk about it tonight at your place, | 我们今晚在你家细聊 |
[26:35] | – if I can get away. – Wait. | -如果我能走开的话 -等等 |
[26:36] | What about my garment bag? | 那我的衣物袋呢 |
[26:38] | Mr. Scotty. | 斯科蒂先生 |
[26:44] | Thanks so much. | 非常感谢 |
[26:46] | A-And it-it’s Scooter. | 我叫斯库特 |
[26:48] | You should really think about “Scotty.” It’s better. | 你真该考虑改成斯科蒂 好听多了 |
[27:11] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[27:12] | What are you doing here? I was just about to head home. | 你来这做什么 我正准备回家 |
[27:15] | Well, then I’m glad I caught you. | 幸好你还没走 |
[27:19] | is there someplace else that you could go tonight? | 你今晚有别的地方可以去吗 |
[27:22] | A-a friend you could stay with? | 去你朋友那过夜可以吗 |
[27:24] | I guess. Why? | 有吧 怎么了 |
[27:25] | Well, there’s a… a problem at home | 家里出了问题 |
[27:29] | with your father, and I… | 跟你爸爸有关 而我 |
[27:30] | it needs to be dealt with. | 必须解决这事 |
[27:31] | I just thought it might be better if we were alone tonight. | 今晚最好只有我俩在家 |
[27:34] | What’s the matter? | 出什么事了 |
[27:35] | Is Dad sick? | 爸爸生病了吗 |
[27:37] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[27:38] | But not in the way that you mean. | 但不是你以为的那个意思 |
[27:40] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[27:41] | I can’t go into it now. | 我现在没法细说 |
[27:43] | Not here. | 不能在这说 |
[27:44] | Mom, you’re scaring me. | 妈妈 你吓着我了 |
[27:45] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[27:47] | Come on. | 来坐下 |
[27:51] | Dee, your… | 小迪 你的 |
[27:53] | your father is not the man I thought he was. | 你爸爸让我失望了 |
[27:58] | Is there another woman? | 他有了其他女人吗 |
[28:04] | There was. | 有过 |
[28:05] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[28:07] | So, Daddy… | 所以 爸爸… |
[28:11] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[28:13] | What are you going to do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[28:15] | If I do what I should, then… | 如果我做我应做之事的话 那么… |
[28:19] | I’ll lose everything I’ve ever dreamed of. | 我会失去我梦寐以求的一切 |
[28:22] | If I do nothing, then how will I live with myself? | 但如果置之不理 我该如何面对自己 |
[28:25] | People will talk. | 会有闲言碎语 |
[28:28] | They’ll find out. | 人们会知道的 |
[28:29] | What would they say about me? | 他们会怎么说我 |
[28:36] | My whole life, | 在我的一生中 |
[28:38] | you’ve been worried about other people’s opinions. | 你都在操心别人的看法 |
[28:40] | Put their needs ahead of your own. | 更在意别人的需求 |
[28:43] | Maybe it’s time to be selfish. | 也许是时候自私些了 |
[28:46] | For once in your life, | 哪怕只有一次也好 |
[28:48] | just do whatever makes you happy. | 做你喜欢做的事吧 |
[28:55] | You know, I’m… | 我… |
[28:57] | I’m very proud of the woman you’ve turned into. | 我非常骄傲 你变成了这样的女人 |
[29:00] | I don’t think I tell you that enough. | 我不常对你说这话 |
[29:02] | No, you don’t. | 确实 |
[29:11] | So… | 那么 |
[29:13] | What happens now? | 现在怎么办 |
[29:16] | What a good question. | 好问题 |
[29:29] | How’s that, Papa? | 水怎么样 爸爸 |
[29:30] | Not too hot? | 不会太烫吧 |
[29:32] | I agree. | 我也觉得 |
[29:34] | It’s just right. | 刚刚合适 |
[29:35] | I got to get your pills ready. | 我得去把你的药准备好 |
[29:39] | Shoot. | 糟糕 |
[29:40] | I’m missing one. | 少了一份 |
[29:41] | I’ll be back. | 我等会回来 |
[29:46] | You need to bathe your husband. | 你得为你的丈夫洗浴 |
[29:49] | I thought you were going to do it. | 你不是要给他洗吗 |
[29:52] | Oh, I left some of his pills in the drugstore, | 我把他的一些药片落在药店里了 |
[29:54] | so I have to go get them. | 我得去拿 |
[29:56] | I’ll go get ’em. | 我去吧 |
[29:58] | It closes in ten minutes, and… | 十分钟后就要关掉 |
[30:01] | I don’t trust you to get there on time or… | 我不相信你能准时到那 或者 |
[30:04] | in one piece. | 衣衫整齐地过去 |
[30:05] | Is Isabel upstairs? | 伊莎贝尔不在楼上吗 |
[30:07] | I want you to do it, you drunken fool. | 我要你去做 你这个醉鬼 |
[30:11] | Just go upstairs, | 赶紧上楼去 |
[30:13] | and make sure his bathwater doesn’t get cold. | 确保他的洗澡水不会变冷 |
[30:23] | Hey, Carlo. | 你好 卡洛 |
[30:25] | Nurse Rita reporting. | 丽塔护士来报到啦 |
[30:28] | Is the water getting cold? | 水变冷了吗 |
[30:31] | Sure looks that way. | 看起来是的 |
[30:36] | You know… | 你知道吧 |
[30:38] | It’s been 15 years. | 已经十五年了 |
[30:44] | I lived up to my end of the bargain. | 我没有辜负我的承诺 |
[30:47] | But I think it’s your turn now. | 不过现在轮到你了 |
[30:51] | I have so much unused love in my heart. | 我心中还攒着满满爱意没有用掉 |
[30:57] | Let me find someone I can give it to, while I’m still young. | 趁我还年轻 让我找到一位可以与之托付的人 |
[31:02] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[31:08] | It’s the last favor I’ll ever ask of you. | 这是我最后一次请你帮忙 |
[31:14] | Please. | 求你了 |
[31:19] | Die for Rita. | 为了丽塔 去死吧 |
[31:41] | Rita? | 丽塔 |
[31:43] | Turns out I left the pills in the car. | 结果我是把药片落在车上了 |
[31:48] | How are we doing in here? | 这边情况怎么样了 |
[31:52] | Ay, por Dios, Rita. | 我的天呐 丽塔 |
[31:53] | I told you to keep the water warm, not scalding. | 我让你保持水温 不是让水变得滚烫 |
[31:56] | Can’t you even get his bath right? | 你连给他正常泡个澡都做不到吗 |
[31:58] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:00] | It was just my first try. | 毕竟这是我第一次尝试 |
[32:04] | Maybe I’ll get it right next time. | 或许下次能做好吧 |
[32:29] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:30] | Daddy, it’s me. | 爸爸 是我 |
[32:33] | Dee. | 小迪 |
[32:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[32:37] | Will you be home soon? | 你一会儿就到家了吗 |
[32:38] | No. | 不 |
[32:39] | Mom asked me to spend the night somewhere else. | 妈妈让我另找地方过夜 |
[32:42] | Oh, right, y-your mother came to see you? | 好吧 你 你妈去找过你了吗 |
[32:45] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:48] | Dad, I am so disappointed in you. | 爸爸 我对你很失望 |
[32:52] | What did she say, exactly? | 她到底跟你说了什么 |
[32:54] | You’ve been seeing another woman. | 你一直背着她偷情 |
[32:57] | She said that? | 她这么说的 |
[32:59] | How could you? | 你怎么能这样 |
[33:00] | She’s given you the best years of her life, | 她把大好的青春年华都给了你 |
[33:02] | and this is how you pay her back? | 你就是这么报答她的 |
[33:05] | With lies? | 对她撒谎 |
[33:08] | I, I don’t what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[33:12] | But I just want you to know that I never meant to hurt her. | 但是我想让你知道我从来没想要伤害她 |
[33:15] | Not that old line. | 又是这套说辞 |
[33:18] | You were supposed to be one of the good ones. | 我还以为你是个好人 |
[33:21] | And the worst part is, | 最糟糕的是 |
[33:22] | I have no one to look up to anymore. | 我现在没有生活的榜样了 |
[33:24] | Dee. | 小迪 |
[33:26] | Dee? | 小迪 |
[34:02] | 亲爱的艾尔玛 当你读到这封信的时候 我已经死了 | |
[34:26] | Scooter, get down here. It’s me. | 斯库特 下来 是我 |
[34:36] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[34:37] | Sorry. Long story, but I can’t spend the night at home. | 抱歉 说来话长 我今晚没法呆在家里 |
[34:40] | I tried to go to my friend Karen’s, | 我本来想去我朋友凯伦家住 |
[34:41] | but she’s got family in from Bakersfield. | 但是她家人从贝克斯菲尔德来了 |
[34:43] | Don’t you got any other friends? | 你没有别的朋友了吗 |
[34:45] | Not when it’s raining. | 下雨的时候没有 |
[34:47] | Are you going to let me in? | 你不打算让我进去吗 |
[34:48] | I think my rich lady friend’s having me tailed. | 我觉得我的富家女友找了人跟踪我 |
[34:51] | Someone could be watching us right now. | 有人可能正在监视我们 |
[34:52] | I’m asking for one night. | 我只求住一个晚上 |
[34:54] | It’s pouring buckets, for God’s sake. | 雨下得这么大 |
[34:56] | Sorry, doll. | 抱歉 宝贝 |
[34:57] | I can’t lose my meal ticket. | 我可不能把饭票弄丢了 |
[34:59] | Hey, I’ll make it up to you. | 我会补偿你的 |
[35:11] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[35:17] | Need a lift? | 需要搭车吗 |
[35:19] | Vern. | 维恩 |
[35:21] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里 |
[35:22] | What does it matter? You’re soaked. | 重要吗 你都成落汤鸡了 |
[35:25] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[35:26] | Are you following me? | 你在跟踪我吗 |
[35:27] | I am not following you. | 我没有在跟踪你 |
[35:30] | Then what are you doing here for the second night in a…? | 那你连续两个晚上来这里干什… |
[35:34] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[35:35] | You’re the one tailing Scooter? | 就是你在跟踪斯库特吗 |
[35:38] | Is that why you’ve been coming into the diner? | 这就是你一直来餐馆的原因 |
[35:40] | Well, we’ll discuss it later. Just get in. | 这个之后再聊 赶紧上车 |
[35:42] | No. | 不要 |
[35:44] | Dee. | 小迪 |
[35:45] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[35:47] | You’re a dirty gumshoe. | 你这臭跟踪狂 |
[35:49] | So what if I am? | 就算我是呢 |
[35:50] | You are going to catch your death out here. | 你这样会得重感冒的 |
[35:52] | Well, why do you care? | 那关你什么事 |
[35:53] | Do I need a reason? | 还需要理由吗 |
[36:06] | Okay. | 好了 |
[36:07] | Now, where’s home? | 说吧 你家在哪 |
[36:10] | I’m not going home. | 我不回家 |
[36:12] | I need a motel. | 我要去汽车旅馆 |
[36:13] | Okay. I know one. | 好吧 我知道一家 |
[36:15] | It’s clean. It’s safe. | 很干净而且安全 |
[36:27] | I got a question. | 我有个问题 |
[36:30] | Did Scooter’s rich lady friend hire you? | 你是斯库特的有钱情人雇来的吗 |
[36:35] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:38] | She doesn’t trust him. | 她不信任他 |
[36:41] | Apparently, with good reason. | 显然不无道理 |
[36:45] | I can’t believe you took that woman’s money to follow him. | 我不敢相信你收了那个女人的钱跟踪他 |
[36:48] | I thought you were a good guy. | 我还以为你是个好人 |
[36:50] | If that haircut is your boyfriend, | 如果那小子是你男朋友 |
[36:53] | you’re not much of a judge on what makes a good guy. | 那你也没资格评判谁是好人 |
[36:55] | We have an arrangement. | 我们安排好了的 |
[36:58] | It works. | 能行得通 |
[36:58] | Well, maybe I’m dumb, but… | 可能我傻 但是… |
[37:01] | I’ll never understand what you see in him. | 我永远也理解不了你看上他哪点了 |
[37:05] | He looks like a movie star. | 他长得像个电影明星 |
[37:09] | Girls like me never end up with guys who look like him. | 我这样的女孩永远配不上那种长相的男人 |
[37:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:16] | Yeah, I put up with a lot. | 没错 我忍受了很多 |
[37:21] | But for an hour, twice a week, I own his beauty. | 但每周两次 我能拥有一小时他的美貌 |
[37:26] | During that 60 minutes, | 在那60分钟里 |
[37:27] | I forget about all the guys I had crushes on, | 我会忘了所有我喜欢过的男人 |
[37:29] | all those jerks | 忘了所有 |
[37:31] | who never gave me the time of day, and… | 从不肯搭理我的混蛋 |
[37:35] | …and I forgive ’em. | 我会原谅他们 |
[37:39] | Just a little. | 就一点点 |
[37:44] | Look, I’m sorry if I… | 听着 我很抱歉 如果我 |
[37:45] | Just drive. | 开车就行 |
[38:03] | The desk clerk who runs this place is a pal of mine. | 管理这个地方的前台是我一个朋友 |
[38:05] | I helped him out of a jam once, back when I was a cop. | 当年我还是警察时 曾帮他摆脱困境 |
[38:10] | He’ll take good care of you. | 他会好好照顾你的 |
[38:14] | Dee? | 小迪 |
[38:17] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[38:20] | The woman you work for? | 你的老板 |
[38:24] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[38:26] | It wouldn’t be professional. | 这样不专业 |
[38:31] | Do you think she loves Scooter? | 你觉得她爱斯库特吗 |
[38:33] | Haven’t a clue. | 我不知道 |
[38:34] | All I know is, she doesn’t want to share him. | 我只知道 她不想跟人分享他 |
[38:40] | You know, the world’s full of men. | 这世上满是男人 |
[38:43] | Decent men who’d treat you right. | 多的是会好好待你的正派人 |
[38:47] | Well, if you meet one, tell him to hurry it up. | 如果你遇到了 请告诉他快点 |
[38:50] | I’m tired of waiting. | 我已经厌倦了等待 |
[38:52] | I’ll get the word out. | 我会放话出去的 |
[39:04] | So… | 那么 |
[39:06] | what are you going to say to this rich lady about me? | 你要对那位有钱女士怎样描述我呢 |
[39:09] | You mean Scooter’s maid? | 你是指斯库特的佣人吗 |
[39:11] | Well, what can you say about that sweet old woman? | 你能对那位可爱的老太太说些什么呢 |
[39:14] | She’s got a heart of gold. | 她的心地那么善良 |
[39:17] | Well, I’ll see you. | 再见 |
[39:23] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[39:26] | You are a good guy. | 你是个好人 |
[40:49] | Bertram? | 伯特伦 |
[40:51] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[40:52] | It’s-it’s a letter. | 是 是一封信 |
[40:57] | “By the time you read this, I will be…” | “在你读这封信时 我已经” |
[41:02] | Bertram, is this a suicide note? | 伯特伦 这是份自杀遗言吗 |
[41:05] | The drug in this vial… | 这瓶中的药 |
[41:08] | will make my death seem like a heart attack. | 会让我的死看上去像是心脏病发 |
[41:12] | You can dispose of the evidence | 你可以除掉证据 |
[41:13] | and tell people I’d been complaining of chest pains. | 告诉别人我一直在抱怨有胸痛 |
[41:18] | No one has to know I took my life. | 没人需要知道我是自杀的 |
[41:21] | Or why. | 或者为什么 |
[41:23] | You really are the most selfish man that ever lived. | 你真的是史上最自私的男人 |
[41:30] | I was only thinking of you, Alma. | 我只是在为你着想 艾尔玛 |
[41:33] | Trying to spare you pain. | 想要让你免受痛苦 |
[41:35] | By killing yourself? | 通过自杀吗 |
[41:37] | Leaving me alone without the husband that I love? | 留下我一人生活 没有我爱的丈夫 |
[41:40] | I didn’t think you still loved me. | 我没想到你还爱我 |
[41:41] | Well, of course I still love you. | 我当然还爱你 |
[41:44] | You might be a demented lunatic, | 你或许是个精神错乱的疯子 |
[41:46] | but you’re still my Bertie. | 但你仍然是我的伯特 |
[41:51] | Are you just going to just stand there? | 你要傻站在那吗 |
[41:52] | Help me dry. | 帮我擦干啊 |
[41:57] | I’m confused. | 我凌乱了 |
[41:58] | I thought you were going to turn me in to the police. | 我以为你会向警察告发我 |
[42:00] | You can’t be half as confused as I am. | 我更凌乱 |
[42:04] | I’ll do whatever it is you ask, Alma. | 我会满足你一切需求 艾尔玛 |
[42:06] | What is it you want? | 你想要什么 |
[42:07] | I want my old life back! | 我想要回我从前的生活 |
[42:10] | I want to pretend none of this ever happened! | 我想要假装这一切都没发生过 |
[42:13] | That’s what I want, too. | 这也是我想要的 |
[42:16] | Perhaps we can put it all behind us, | 也许我们可以把这事抛诸脑后 |
[42:19] | never speak of it again. | 再也不提起 |
[42:19] | It’s not enough not to speak of it, Bertram. | 光是不提起可不够 伯特伦 |
[42:21] | The killing has got to stop! | 杀戮必须停止 |
[42:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[42:27] | No. | 不 |
[42:28] | Swear it. | 发誓 |
[42:29] | Give me your solemn oath. | 我要你庄严宣誓 |
[42:32] | – Never again. – Ever? | -再也不杀人 -永远不吗 |
[42:34] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[42:35] | Fine. I swear. | 行 我发誓 |
[42:36] | I’ll never kill anyone, ever again. | 我绝对不会再杀人了 |
[42:41] | In that case… | 这样的话 |
[42:42] | In that, in that case what? | 这样的话什么 |
[42:46] | You won’t be needing these. Will you? | 你就不需要这些了 对吗 |
[42:48] | No. I’ll put them back in the attic. | 是的 我会把它们放回阁楼 |
[42:49] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[42:52] | These are going in the trash. | 这些要扔进垃圾堆 |
[42:54] | You can’t toss them. | 你不能丢掉它们 |
[42:55] | We’d be dishonoring those people’s memories. | 那样我们就玷辱了这些人的记忆 |
[42:57] | Memories are exactly what I’m trying to avoid. | 记忆正是我要避免的东西 |
[43:02] | Alma, wait. | 艾尔玛 等等 |
[43:05] | Can’t we talk about this? | 我们不能谈一谈吗 |
[43:06] | No. | 不能 |
[43:07] | I’m not spending one more night under the same roof | 跟你还有你收藏的谋杀纪念品共处一室的日子 |
[43:09] | with you and your collection of murder souvenirs. | 我一天都不想多过了 |
[43:15] | Bertram! Don’t you dare touch those! | 伯特伦 你敢碰它们试试 |
[43:43] | Look, if you don’t want to keep my collection in the house, | 听着 如果你不想把我的收藏品放在家里 |
[43:45] | we can store it someplace else. | 我们可以把它存在别的地方 |
[43:46] | That you want to keep it at all is a very troubling sign. | 你还想要留着它们是个令人不安的迹象 |
[43:50] | Are we moving past this, or aren’t we? | 这事到此为止 还是没完了 |
[43:52] | Yes. | 到此为止了 |
[44:01] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[44:03] | I’m not sleeping in the same bed with you. | 我不想和你睡一张床了 |
[44:05] | Ever? | 永远吗 |
[44:06] | Well, certainly not tonight. | 今晚肯定不想 |
[44:08] | Sleep in Dee’s room. | 你睡小迪的房间 |
[44:09] | She won’t be home. | 她不会回家了 |
[44:10] | She told me. | 她跟我说了 |
[44:12] | Did you tell Dee that I cheated on you? | 你告诉小迪我出轨了吗 |
[44:14] | I told her I was upset with you. | 我告诉她你让我很心烦 |
[44:15] | She assumed that was the reason. | 她觉得是因为你出轨了 |
[44:17] | And you let her believe that? | 你就任由她那么想了 |
[44:19] | What was I supposed to say? “Don’t worry, dear. | 那我应该怎么说 别担心 亲爱的 |
[44:22] | Your father would never touch another woman… | 你父亲永远不会碰其他女人 |
[44:23] | except to kill her”! | 只是会杀了她而已 |
[44:32] | Well, it just hurts me that Dee now sees me as an adulterer. | 我只是很伤心 现在小迪认为我是一个奸夫 |
[44:36] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[44:37] | You have murdered dozens of people. | 你已经谋杀了几十个人 |
[44:39] | You don’t get to pout! | 你没权生气 |
[44:42] | You can hardly call it murder. | 你不能说那是谋杀 |
[44:43] | The people I helped were about to die anyway. | 我帮助过的人本来也快死了 |
[44:46] | Then why not just let nature take its course? | 那为什么不能顺其自然 |
[44:49] | Because nature is cruel. | 因为自然太残忍了 |
[44:51] | It takes away hope and leaves nothing but pain. | 这只能带走希望 除了痛苦什么也不留 |
[44:54] | I can’t bear to stand idly by | 我不能无动于衷地站在一边 |
[44:56] | and just watch someone suffer. | 眼睁睁看着别人忍受痛苦 |
[44:57] | Then look away. | 那就别看 |
[45:01] | Honestly. | 讲真 |
[45:03] | If I find out that you have helped one more person, | 如果我发现你再帮助一个人 |
[45:06] | I will turn you in. | 我就举报你 |
[45:07] | Even if it brings shame on me and Dee. | 即使这会给我和小迪带来耻辱 |
[45:09] | This ends now, Bertram. | 你的行为现在就得结束 伯特伦 |
[45:11] | I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[45:12] | There will be no more death. | 不能再有更多死亡了 |
[45:20] | That sounded dire. | 好可怕的声音 |
[45:23] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[45:25] | Mrs. Yost. | 约斯特夫人 |
[45:27] | Alma, call an ambulance! | 艾尔玛 快叫救护车 |
[45:29] | Bertram, look at the trellis. | 伯特伦 快看窗台 |
[45:31] | She was up there listening to us. | 她刚才在上面听我们说话 |
[45:34] | So what? | 所以呢 |
[45:35] | She needs an ambulance. Quickly. | 她需要救护车 快点 |
[45:36] | Hang on, Mrs. Yost. Help is on the way. | 坚持住 约斯特夫人 救援在路上了 |
[45:41] | Bertram… | 伯特伦 |
[45:43] | I think she’s dead. | 我觉得她死了 |
[45:47] | Oh, Mrs. Yost. | 约斯特夫人 |
[45:49] | Well, I guess we’ll have to call the police now. | 看来我们现在得报警了 |
[45:52] | Wait. Wait! Wait! Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. | 等等 等等 |
[45:54] | Wait? What for? | 等等 等什么 |
[45:57] | If the police come, then what will we tell them? | 如果警察来了 我们要跟他们说什么 |
[46:01] | Well, the truth. She was eavesdropping and she fell. | 说实话 她在偷听 然后摔下来了 |
[46:03] | Why was she eavesdropping? | 她为什么要偷听 |
[46:06] | They’re going to want to know what was going on in our house | 警察会想知道我们的房子里发生什么事了 |
[46:09] | lurid enough to make a 70-year-old woman | 才会让一个70岁的老妇人 |
[46:12] | climb a trellis. | 爬到我们窗台去 |
[46:15] | There’s going to be so many questions. | 一定会有很多问题的 |
[46:17] | Rumors. | 还有谣言 |
[46:19] | All over town. | 会传遍小镇 |
[46:21] | And after all of your crimes, Bertram. | 而在你的这一切罪行后 伯特伦 |
[46:23] | Crimes which even I was able to uncover. | 甚至是连我都能发现的罪行 |
[46:26] | Do we dare invite that kind of scrutiny? | 我们敢让警察来调查吗 |
[46:30] | What choice do we have? | 我们还有什么选择 |
[46:35] | Alma. Alma. | 艾尔玛 艾尔玛 |