时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I’ve been accepted into the Garden Club. | 我入围园艺俱乐部了 |
[00:07] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不该来这里 |
[00:08] | I was invited. I-I’m the new member. | 我被邀请了 我是新成员 |
[00:10] | No, we-we voted. | 不 我们投过票了 |
[00:12] | Oh, dear. | 天呐 |
[00:13] | I am so terribly sorry for the mix-up. | 很抱歉弄混了 |
[00:16] | Rita deliberately humiliated me today. | 丽塔今天故意羞辱我 |
[00:18] | Is that Rita? | 那是丽塔吗 |
[00:19] | – Do you know her? – What Rita did– | -你认识她 -丽塔那么做 |
[00:21] | it’s not ’cause she hates you. | 不是因为她恨你 |
[00:22] | It’s ’cause she hates me. | 是因为她恨我 |
[00:24] | Good morning, it’s Dr. Rice. | 早上好 我是莱斯医生 |
[00:26] | Are you aware you’re pregnant? | 你知道你怀孕了吗 |
[00:29] | I’m his girl. | 我是他女朋友 |
[00:30] | – Is that so? – Yeah. | -是这样吗 -是的 |
[00:32] | You murdered 26 people?! | 你杀了26个人 |
[00:34] | You’ve got to stop this madness. Promise me. | 你得停止这疯狂的行为 答应我 |
[00:37] | I think this is what Alma was talking to me about. | 艾尔玛也是这么跟我说的 |
[00:39] | Listen to her. | 那就听她的话 |
[00:40] | Why are you so anxious to spend time with an old lady like me? | 你怎么这么急切想和我这样的老女人相处 |
[00:43] | You’re a dame who doesn’t know how beautiful she is. | 你是个不知道自己有多美的夫人 |
[00:47] | Oh, Papa, you must be getting your strength back. | 爸爸 你的力量一定渐渐恢复了 |
[00:49] | I think he’s pointing at something. | 他好像在指着什么 |
[00:51] | He couldn’t possibly. | 他不可能 |
[00:54] | Is there something on the board? | 字谜板上是不是有什么 |
[00:58] | You can trust me with your secrets. | 我会保守住你的所有秘密 |
[01:00] | You and Scooter. | 你和斯库特 |
[01:01] | No one will hear a word about it from me. | 我不会向任何人提一个字 |
[01:03] | Threaten me again, and this will be your family. | 你再敢威胁我 这就是你家人的下场 |
[01:23] | From the moment Alma Fillcot | 从艾尔玛·菲尔科特决定 |
[01:25] | decided to join the Elysian Park Garden Club, | 加入极乐公园园艺俱乐部那一刻起 |
[01:29] | she began to change. | 她就开始改变 |
[01:32] | But her husband was completely oblivious | 但她丈夫完全没有注意到 |
[01:34] | to her stylish transformation. | 她时尚的转变 |
[01:37] | He had no idea she’d begun to polish her nails. | 他不知道她开始涂指甲 |
[01:41] | He had not noticed how elegantly she was wearing her hair. | 他没注意到她发型有多高雅 |
[01:45] | And he paid no attention to her new shade of lipstick. | 他也完全没发现她口红的新色调 |
[01:50] | It was unfortunate. | 很不幸 |
[01:52] | If Bertram had noticed these changes in Alma… | 要是伯特伦有注意到艾尔玛的这些变化 |
[01:56] | he might have been prepared for what happened next. | 他或许能为接下来发生的事做好准备 |
[02:00] | Shall I take you straight to the clinic? | 我要直接送你去诊所吗 |
[02:02] | Yes, yes. I have an early appointment. | 好的 有个客户约得很早 |
[02:04] | Hmm. Very well. | 好 |
[02:09] | Since we have a moment, | 既然我们现在有空 |
[02:10] | there is something that I would like to discuss. | 有件事我想跟你谈谈 |
[02:13] | Well, what’s that? | 什么事 |
[02:14] | Your little hobby. | 你的小爱好 |
[02:16] | That’s funny. | 真有意思 |
[02:17] | ‘Cause I’ve been doing some thinking about that myself. | 因为我最近也在思考这个 |
[02:19] | You know, I regret some of the words | 我后悔我在过去几周里 |
[02:21] | that I’ve hurled at you in the last few weeks. | 对你说过的一些伤人的话 |
[02:24] | Sick, psychopathic, demented. | 病态 心理变态 精神错乱 |
[02:27] | You were only trying to alleviate the suffering | 你只是想减轻一些 |
[02:30] | of some people who were already dying. | 已经奄奄一息的人的痛苦 |
[02:32] | I see now that you’re a hero. | 我现在觉得你是英雄 |
[02:37] | I’m con… I’m confused. | 我 我有点糊涂了 |
[02:40] | I couldn’t comprehend it before | 我之前无法理解 |
[02:41] | because I didn’t know any of those people. | 因为我并不认识那些人 |
[02:44] | But now I understand, | 但现在我懂了 |
[02:46] | because I’m aware of someone | 因为我知道一个 |
[02:48] | who is desperately in need of the kind of help | 急需这样帮助的人 |
[02:51] | that only you can supply. | 只有你能帮忙 |
[02:53] | Wh… What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[02:54] | There’s someone that you want me to… | 你想让我对某个人… |
[02:58] | Oh, yes. | 正是 |
[02:59] | And you’d be doing God’s work, my love. | 你这算是行上帝之事 我的爱 |
[03:02] | My hero. | 我的英雄 |
[03:04] | Who exactly are we talking about? | 我们说的到底是谁 |
[03:07] | You know Rita Castillo? | 你知道丽塔·卡斯蒂罗吗 |
[03:09] | She came to our house with the Garden Club? | 她跟园艺俱乐部的人一起来过咱们家 |
[03:10] | Yes. Yes, I treat her cat. | 对 知道 我给她的猫看病 |
[03:13] | Is she ill? | 她病了吗 |
[03:14] | Oh, no. | 不是 |
[03:16] | No, but, um… | 她没病 不过… |
[03:18] | she has a husband. | 她有个丈夫 |
[03:20] | His name is Carlo and… | 他叫卡洛 |
[03:22] | he’s in so much pain. | 他病痛难忍 |
[03:25] | Yes, Alma Fillcot had truly changed. | 是的 艾尔玛·菲尔科特真的变了 |
[03:29] | But by the time her husband could see it… | 但到他丈夫发现之时 |
[03:32] | it was too late. | 已为时过晚 |
[03:57] | At the exact same moment | 就在艾尔玛·菲尔科特 |
[03:58] | Alma Fillcot was asking her husband to kill Carlo Castillo, | 让她丈夫杀死卡洛·卡斯蒂罗的同时 |
[04:03] | his wife was doing some diabolical plotting of her own. | 他的妻子自己也在进行一些邪恶的谋划 |
[04:16] | Phone for you, Mrs. Castillo. | 您的电话 卡斯蒂罗太太 |
[04:23] | – Hello? – Hey, gorgeous. | -你好 -美女 |
[04:25] | – It’s me. – It’s about time you called. | -是我 -你总算打过来了 |
[04:27] | How’d your date go with you know who? | 你跟那谁的约会进展如何 |
[04:29] | – Swell, if I do say so myself. – Good. | -棒极了 不是我自夸 -很好 |
[04:32] | Because I need you to screw her… tonight. | 我要你上了她 就今晚 |
[04:35] | Tonight? | 今晚 |
[04:36] | Carlo is starting to communicate. | 卡洛已经开始跟人沟通了 |
[04:38] | He even tried to warn Catherine about you. | 他还想警告凯瑟琳你和我的事 |
[04:40] | I need that compromising photo as soon as possible. | 我要尽快拿到她的不雅照 |
[04:43] | She’s a church-going spinster. | 她是个定期去教堂的老处女 |
[04:44] | She’s not going put out on the second date. | 她不可能第二次约会就同意上床 |
[04:46] | Well, then get her drunk. Tell her you love her. | 那就灌醉她 跟她说你爱她 |
[04:48] | I don’t care how you do it, just… | 我不管你怎么做 反正… |
[04:52] | Just, just make it happen. | 反正 想办法搞定就行 |
[04:55] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[04:57] | You ended that call awfully fast. | 你挂得也太快了 |
[05:00] | Who was it? | 是谁 |
[05:01] | Your secret lover? | 你的秘密情人吗 |
[05:03] | For a woman who dresses like a nun, | 作为一个穿着堪比修女的人 |
[05:04] | you certainly have a filthy mind. | 你的思想还真脏 |
[05:09] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[05:13] | It’s for you. | 找你的 |
[05:21] | – Hello? – Hey, Catherine. It’s me. | -喂 -凯瑟琳 是我 |
[05:24] | You got any plans tonight? | 你今晚有什么安排吗 |
[05:25] | I thought maybe we could grab some dinner. | 我想着也许我们可以一起吃个饭 |
[05:28] | It would be lovely to see you, but I’m busy tonight. | 我很想见你 但我今晚很忙 |
[05:32] | What about tomorrow night? | 那明晚呢 |
[05:34] | You can’t say no to that. | 你可不能再拒绝了 |
[05:35] | It’s, uh… my birthday? | 明晚是…我的生日 |
[05:37] | Well… | 这样的话 |
[05:40] | I-I don’t want you to be alone on your birthday. | 我可不想你孤零零地过生日 |
[05:42] | So, shall we say 6:00? | 那么 咱们六点见吧 |
[05:45] | It’s a date. | 说定了 |
[05:56] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[05:58] | You really want me to kill Carlo Castillo? | 你真想让我杀了卡洛·卡斯蒂罗 |
[06:00] | I-I want you to help him. | 我是想让你帮帮他 |
[06:02] | Isn’t that the term you prefer? | 你不是更喜欢这个词吗 |
[06:04] | Yes, and every time I’ve used it, you’ve corrected me. | 是 可我每次这么说 你都会纠正我 |
[06:05] | So, what’s changed? | 是什么变了 |
[06:07] | Well, I saw him for myself. | 我亲眼看到了他 |
[06:08] | He can’t move or… | 他动不了… |
[06:11] | feed himself or bathe. | 也没法自己吃饭洗澡 |
[06:13] | When did you see him? | 你什么时候见过他 |
[06:14] | Last night, at Rita’s. | 昨晚 在丽塔家 |
[06:16] | Sounds like you two have grown close. | 听起来你俩关系亲密了不少啊 |
[06:19] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[06:20] | She’s become a good chum. | 她成了我的好朋友 |
[06:23] | Did she get you into the Garden Club? | 她把你弄进园艺俱乐部了吗 |
[06:25] | Rita tried. | 丽塔尽力了 |
[06:26] | The other ladies voted for Ada Coy. | 是其他女士把票投给了艾达·科伊 |
[06:28] | Ah, Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[06:30] | – I’m so sorry. – It’s fine. | -我很遗憾 -没事 |
[06:32] | I only wanted to get in | 我想加入俱乐部 |
[06:33] | so that I could make some new friends, and now I have. | 只为交些新朋友 现在我交到了 |
[06:36] | Rita’s really gone out of her way to be kind to me, | 丽塔真的很努力地对我好了 |
[06:39] | even while dealing with a crippled husband. | 即使她同时还要照顾她那残废的丈夫 |
[06:42] | Did she come to you about this? | 是她来向你求助的吗 |
[06:44] | Why would she? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[06:46] | It’s not as if I go around advertising your services. | 我并没有四处宣传你的服务 |
[06:51] | So… you’ll help him? | 那么… 你会帮助他吗 |
[06:54] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[06:56] | While I was away on my trip, | 我离开期间 |
[06:58] | I had a bit of an epiphany. | 我突然顿悟了 |
[07:00] | An epiphany? | 顿悟 |
[07:01] | I realized I’d only been | 我意识到我一直通过 |
[07:02] | ending the suffering of others to ease my own pain. | 结束他人的痛苦来减轻自己的痛苦 |
[07:05] | My actions were more selfish than merciful. | 我的行为自私多过仁慈 |
[07:08] | So I vowed to never do it again. | 所以我发誓再也不这么做了 |
[07:10] | And you won’t. | 你不会的 |
[07:13] | After you help Carlo, | 你帮助了卡洛之后 |
[07:15] | you’ll put away your trusty syringes forever. | 你将永远放下你那可靠的注射器 |
[07:18] | I’m sorry, Alma. The answer is no. | 抱歉 艾尔玛 我的回答是不行 |
[07:21] | I should go. | 我得走了 |
[07:25] | Bertram! | 伯特伦 |
[07:27] | We’re not done discussing this. | 我们还没谈完呢 |
[07:29] | Alma, my mind is made up. | 艾尔玛 我心意已决 |
[07:31] | There’s nothing you can do to change it. | 你无法改变 |
[07:43] | Hey, Dee. | 小迪 |
[07:44] | Hey. Thanks for meeting me. | 谢谢你来见我 |
[07:46] | – Come here. – I… Is something wrong? | -到这儿来 -出什么事了 |
[07:49] | Is everything all right? | 你还好吗 |
[07:49] | You sounded so strange on the phone. | 你在电话里听起来跟奇怪 |
[07:51] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[07:52] | I’ve gotten myself into a situation. | 我让自己陷入了困境 |
[07:55] | Okay, well, we… We can go somewhere | 那么 我们找个地方 |
[07:56] | – and we can talk about it, right? – Oh, I can’t. | -我们可以聊聊 好吗 -我不行 |
[07:58] | And I’m really sorry to spring this on you. | 我很抱歉突然告诉你这个 |
[08:00] | I, I like you so much. | 我很喜欢你 |
[08:04] | More than you know, but… | 比你想象中更爱 但是… |
[08:07] | we can’t see each other anymore. | 我们不能再见面了 |
[08:09] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[08:11] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[08:12] | Did I do something? | 是我做错什么了吗 |
[08:13] | Oh, God, no. | 老天 不是的 |
[08:15] | This has nothing to do with you. I promise. | 这与你无关 我保证 |
[08:18] | Well, whatever it is, we… We can talk about it. | 不管是什么 我们可以谈谈 |
[08:21] | Like we always do. | 一如既往 |
[08:23] | You’re such a good guy, Vern. | 你真是个好人 韦恩 |
[08:26] | And I think you deserve all the happiness in the world. | 你值得拥有这世上所有的幸福 |
[08:31] | Wait, Dee. | 等等 小迪 |
[08:34] | Dee! | 小迪 |
[08:49] | Oh, hello there. | 你好啊 |
[08:50] | Hey, Grace. | 格蕾丝 |
[08:51] | What a surprise. | 真是惊喜啊 |
[08:52] | What is going on? | 这里发生了什么 |
[08:53] | Oh, I… | 我 |
[08:55] | just thought my garden could use a little spiffing up. | 我只是觉得我的花园需要稍微打扮一下 |
[08:58] | Oh, yeah, well, I understand. | 是啊 我理解 |
[09:01] | New projects help us take our minds off our troubles. | 新项目能让我们忘却烦恼 |
[09:03] | Oh. Well, that’s not the only new project I’m working on. | 这可不是我唯一的新项目哦 |
[09:09] | Believe you me. Tea? | 相信我 喝茶吗 |
[09:17] | I still don’t know why Rita treated you so badly. | 我还是不明白为什么丽塔对你态度如此恶劣 |
[09:20] | I asked all the ladies in the club | 我问遍了俱乐部的成员 |
[09:21] | if they knew something I didn’t. | 想打听她们是否知道什么我不知道的事 |
[09:23] | Any theories? | 有发现吗 |
[09:24] | No. | 没有 |
[09:25] | But she’s always been a very unhappy person. | 但她一直都闷闷不乐的 |
[09:28] | Not surprised, | 倒也不奇怪 |
[09:29] | – given who she’s married to. – What does that mean? | -毕竟嫁给了那样的人 -什么意思 |
[09:34] | Apparently, | 其实啊 |
[09:35] | Carlo was something of an ogre. | 卡洛就是个怪物 |
[09:39] | Before he had the stroke, | 在他中风之前 |
[09:41] | he used to beat Rita. | 他还家暴丽塔 |
[09:51] | That is just awful. | 这太糟糕了 |
[09:58] | Please… go on. | 请继续讲 |
[10:11] | Look at that. | 瞧瞧 |
[10:12] | It’s been ages since you baked a cherry pie. | 你好久都没做过樱桃派了 |
[10:14] | Yes, well, | 是啊 |
[10:15] | I wanted to do something special | 我想做些特别的事 |
[10:17] | to apologize for this morning. | 为今早说的话道歉 |
[10:20] | Oh, when you asked me to help Carlo? | 关于你让我去帮助卡洛吗 |
[10:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:23] | You see, I-I wasn’t completely honest with you. | 我并没有全盘托出 |
[10:26] | I held back some important details. | 有些重要细节没跟你说 |
[10:29] | That was wrong of me. I’m sorry. | 是我错了 抱歉 |
[10:31] | What details are you referring to? | 你指的是什么细节 |
[10:34] | Well… the truth is, I don’t care about Carlo at all. | 事实是 我根本不管卡洛死活 |
[10:38] | In fact, I think he deserves every bit of pain that he’s in. | 而且他的确活该被病痛折磨 |
[10:41] | Well, if that’s the way you feel, | 如果你是这样想的 |
[10:42] | why would you want me to hasten his death? | 为什么还要我帮他解脱 |
[10:44] | Because I care about Rita. | 因为我关心丽塔 |
[10:47] | Oh, Bertie. | 伯特 |
[10:48] | Carlo is an awful man. | 卡洛是个人渣 |
[10:50] | He used to beat her. Savagely. | 他以前会暴打丽塔 |
[10:53] | Rita wept when she spoke of his cruelty. | 丽塔说到他的残暴的时候都哭了 |
[10:57] | That’s horrible. | 太糟糕了 |
[10:58] | Thank God he can’t hurt her anymore. | 幸好他没法再打她了 |
[11:00] | Yes, but now she has to take care of him. | 是的 但她还得继续照顾他 |
[11:03] | And can you imagine? | 你能想象吗 |
[11:05] | Being forced to nurse your tormentor? | 被迫去照顾折磨你的人 |
[11:08] | She’s so unhappy. | 她非常难过 |
[11:10] | Drinking and neglecting her own health. | 借酒消愁 不顾自己的健康 |
[11:15] | I fear that she might die before Carlo does. | 我担心她会死在卡洛前面 |
[11:18] | That poor woman. | 真可怜 |
[11:21] | But you could help her. | 但你能帮助她 |
[11:24] | Oh, Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[11:26] | You want to. I know you do. | 你想这么做 我知道你想的 |
[11:29] | You can’t ignore that kind of suffering. | 你无法忽视这样的痛苦 |
[11:31] | All I’m asking for | 我只是想要你 |
[11:33] | is one final act of mercy. | 进行最后一次仁慈之举 |
[11:39] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[11:42] | Save my friend. | 救救我的朋友 |
[11:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:49] | I’ll do it. | 我会去做 |
[11:52] | Bless you, Bertie. | 上帝保佑你 伯特 |
[11:56] | You know what would be nice on this pie? | 不如给这个派加点料吧 |
[11:58] | Some ice cream. | 来点冰淇淋 |
[11:59] | – Sounds delicious. – Doesn’t it? | -太美味了 -是吧 |
[12:13] | Are you glad to be back? | 回到这里高兴吗 |
[12:15] | You know I am. | 当然啦 |
[12:16] | Ah, hey, look. | 快看 |
[12:18] | It’s our old pal Mr. Murphy. | 这是我们的老朋友墨菲床 |
[12:21] | I forgot there was a fire escape here. | 我都忘了这消防通道 |
[12:24] | This is the perfect place for my photographer to hide. | 摄影师躲在这正好 |
[12:28] | I hope he’s patient. | 他可得有耐心等啊 |
[12:29] | It’s going to take a lot of booze during dinner | 晚餐时要使劲给凯瑟琳灌酒 |
[12:30] | to get Catherine back here for dessert. | 才能让她来我这吃甜品 |
[12:32] | You may want to knock a few back yourself. | 你也得多喝几口 |
[12:35] | You’ll have to be drunk to jump those old bones. | 喝醉了才能上那老女人 |
[12:38] | She’s not so bad. | 她也没那么糟 |
[12:40] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[12:42] | Oh, I thought she was an old pickle-puss at first, | 我原本以为她是个愁眉苦脸的老太婆 |
[12:44] | but once she lets her guard down, | 但是敞开心扉以后 |
[12:45] | she’s actually got a really nice smile. | 她笑起来其实很漂亮 |
[12:47] | And she’s only… what? | 而且她只有…多大来着 |
[12:49] | Five years older than you? | 比你大五岁 |
[12:53] | You know… | 其实… |
[12:55] | this seduction doesn’t have to end in consummation. | 这次勾引不一定要以圆房告终 |
[12:58] | Aw, I thought that was the whole point. | 我以为那才是目的呢 |
[12:59] | No. The photo is the point. | 不 拍到照片才是目的 |
[13:01] | Once Catherine is naked and on her back, | 只要凯瑟琳脱掉衣服躺在床上 |
[13:03] | you’ll have hit the high note. | 你就大功告成了 |
[13:04] | No need to sing the entire opera. | 不需要做完一整套 |
[13:08] | You’re jealous. | 你吃醋了 |
[13:09] | Of her? | 吃她的醋 |
[13:11] | Don’t be preposterous. | 别开玩笑了 |
[13:14] | You know, I have missed this old murphy bed. | 我还挺想这张墨菲床的 |
[13:18] | What do you say we rechristen it? | 咱们给它重新取个名怎么样 |
[13:21] | Why? So I have nothing left in the tank for Catherine? | 怎么 你想在凯瑟琳之前榨干我吗 |
[13:25] | How devious do you think I am? | 你觉得我到底有多阴险 |
[13:32] | You’ve been to the gym this morning, haven’t you? | 你今天早上是不是去健身房了 |
[13:34] | Oh, what gave it away, the muscles? | 你怎么知道的 因为我的肌肉吗 |
[13:36] | No, the smell. | 不 是你的味道 |
[13:38] | You need a shower. | 你该洗澡了 |
[13:40] | Well, give me five. | 好吧 等我五分钟 |
[13:44] | And-and keep the motor running. | 你可要性奋着啊 |
[13:53] | You the manager here? | 你是这里的管家吗 |
[13:55] | I’m looking for a guy who lived in 3B. | 我在找之前住在3B公寓的人 |
[13:58] | I thought maybe he left a forwarding address | 我想着他可能留了转寄地址 |
[13:59] | where he can be reached. | 可以去那找他 |
[14:00] | You talking about Scooter? | 你说斯库特吗 |
[14:02] | He moved back in this morning. | 他今天早上搬回来了 |
[14:04] | He did? | 是吗 |
[14:07] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:16] | Oh, it’s you. | 是你啊 |
[14:19] | Is Scooter here? | 斯库特在吗 |
[14:20] | I thought you were done with him. | 我以为你跟他断绝关系了 |
[14:23] | Something’s happened. | 出了点事 |
[14:25] | And it’s very important I speak to him. | 我必须得跟他谈谈 |
[14:30] | Please. | 拜托 |
[14:34] | Oh, my God. You’re pregnant. | 我的天啊 你怀孕了 |
[14:37] | You can tell? | 你能看出来吗 |
[14:38] | Oh, it’s all over your face. | 都写在你脸上了 |
[14:40] | That and some fairly cheap makeup. | 外加一些廉价化妆品 |
[14:43] | Nice. | 真有你的 |
[14:46] | Oh, before I forget, I have a message for you from my mom. | 趁我还没忘 我要替我妈妈给你捎个信 |
[14:52] | You get all that? | 你收到了吗 |
[14:54] | Or do I need to repeat it? | 用不用我再重复一遍 |
[14:57] | You know what? | 算了吧 |
[14:58] | I’ll come back later when Scoot can talk. | 等斯库特有空了我再回来 |
[15:03] | Are you, uh, sure you want to tell him? | 你确定你想告诉他吗 |
[15:05] | How can I not? | 我能不说吗 |
[15:07] | It’s his baby. | 这是他的孩子 |
[15:09] | Well, what are you hoping for? | 你在期待什么 |
[15:11] | That he’ll tell you he loves you? | 期待着他说他爱你吗 |
[15:14] | Because he doesn’t. | 因为他不爱你 |
[15:15] | And what if he decides to do the right thing and marry you? | 如果他选择做正确的事 和你结婚怎么办 |
[15:18] | You’d have two infants to take care of instead of one. | 那你就不止一个孩子要照顾了 |
[15:21] | Scooter is not ready to be a father. | 斯库特还没准备好当父亲 |
[15:24] | Or a husband. | 或者丈夫 |
[15:26] | Hell, he can barely cut it as a boyfriend. | 他连当男朋友都不太合格 |
[15:29] | I do not want to marry Scooter. | 我不想和斯库特结婚 |
[15:32] | But I don’t got a lot of choices here. | 但我也没什么选择 |
[15:35] | You’ll think of something. | 你会想到的 |
[15:37] | You’re too smart to let one stupid mistake | 你很聪明 别让一个愚蠢的错误 |
[15:39] | ruin the rest of your life. | 毁掉你的余生 |
[15:49] | Congrats. | 恭喜你 |
[15:52] | He’s all yours. | 他归你了 |
[15:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:56] | You know, if you need some money… | 如果你需要钱 |
[16:12] | Who was that at the door? | 刚刚谁来了 |
[16:15] | Just a door-to-door salesman. | 上门推销的 |
[16:17] | What were they selling? | 他们卖什么 |
[16:19] | Nothing we need. | 没有我们需要的 |
[16:31] | Delicious. | 真好喝 |
[16:32] | You made my cocoa just the way I like it. | 你做的可可正合我口味 |
[16:34] | Thank you, my darling. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[16:35] | You’re very welcome, Bertie. | 不客气 伯特 |
[16:37] | Say, how are you at housebreaking? | 你擅长侵入家宅吗 |
[16:40] | What’s that? | 什么意思 |
[16:41] | You know, picking locks and all that? | 撬锁之类的 |
[16:43] | I think it’s best if you visit Carlo | 我觉得你最好趁半夜 |
[16:44] | late at night when everyone’s asleep. | 大家都睡了去卡洛家 |
[16:46] | But have you ever broken into a locked house before? | 你以前进过锁着的房子吗 |
[16:49] | Well, I mean, usually, when I drop in on someone | 我通常去别人家帮助他们 |
[16:50] | to help them, they just open the door. | 他们会直接开门 |
[16:52] | Unless they’re too ill to get up, | 除非他们已经病得起不来了 |
[16:53] | and then I find a way in. | 那我会想办法进去 |
[16:56] | You’re so clever. | 你真聪明 |
[16:57] | Now, it is a very, very big house. | 他们家非常非常大 |
[16:59] | And so, I have made you a map. | 所以我给你做了张地图 |
[17:03] | Many is the time I could have used one of these. | 这个应该很有用 |
[17:05] | Yes. So, Carlo’s room is here. | 对 卡洛的房间在这里 |
[17:07] | Up the stairs, take a right. | 上楼 右转 |
[17:09] | Last one on the left, not the right. | 最里面左边这间 不是右边 |
[17:10] | – That’s Rita’s bedroom. – Right. | -这是丽塔的房间 -好 |
[17:11] | Now, the front door is very, very solid, | 前门非常坚固 |
[17:13] | but if you come around the back, | 但如果你绕道后面 |
[17:15] | there are French doors that lead into the foyer. | 有一扇法式双开门直通门厅 |
[17:16] | – Is that easier? – Oh, much. | -这样简单些了吗 -简单多了 |
[17:19] | Now, will you have to break the glass? | 然后 你需要打破玻璃吗 |
[17:21] | No. No. I can’t leave any signs of forced entry. | 不 不 我不能留下强行入室的痕迹 |
[17:24] | I’d just be asking for an autopsy. | 我只会要求尸检 |
[17:26] | And if the police did do an autopsy, | 那如果警察进行了尸检 |
[17:29] | would they find the drug that you use? | 他们会发现你用的药吗 |
[17:31] | They’d have to be looking for it. | 他们得专门去找才行 |
[17:32] | And they wouldn’t be unless they suspected foul play. | 但除非他们怀疑谋杀 否则他们是不会去找的 |
[17:35] | And it’s never happened. | 从来没发生过这种事 |
[17:37] | My record is spotless. | 我的记录完美无瑕 |
[17:38] | 26 deaths, each ruled to be by natural causes. | 26人死亡 都被认定为自然死亡 |
[17:42] | – That’s quite an accomplishment. – Oh, thank you, darling. | -真了不起 -谢谢 亲爱的 |
[17:44] | You know, it seems odd getting compliments | 我向你隐瞒多年的事居然得到了你的赞赏 |
[17:47] | for something I hid from you for many years. | 感觉怪怪的 |
[17:49] | I think it’s good that I know these things. | 我觉得知道了这些事也挺好的 |
[17:52] | Makes our marriage stronger. | 让我们的婚姻更稳固 |
[17:54] | Yes, it does. | 没错 |
[17:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:00] | You want me to photograph your lover | 你想让我去拍你的情人 |
[18:02] | screwing your stepdaughter? | 跟你的继女乱搞的照片 |
[18:05] | If you try hard enough, you can make anything sound sordid. | 如果你足够努力 就能让一切都听起来很龌龊 |
[18:09] | Boy, you are a piece of work. | 你还真有一套 |
[18:11] | This is completely justified. | 我完全有理由这么做 |
[18:14] | That crone has had it in for me since day one. | 这个老太婆从第一天开始就对我怀恨在心 |
[18:16] | I have to fight back. | 我必须反击 |
[18:18] | By using your own gigolo as bait? | 用你的小白脸做诱饵吗 |
[18:20] | It’s not like he hasn’t cheated on me before. | 他以前又不是没背叛过我 |
[18:23] | At least he won’t get this one pregnant. | 至少他不会让她怀孕 |
[18:26] | Pregnant? | 怀孕 |
[18:28] | Remember that large girl he was seeing? | 记得之前跟他约会的那个胖妞吗 |
[18:31] | She showed up at his place today to give him the bad news. | 她今天去他家把这个坏消息告诉他 |
[18:36] | The… the waitress? | 那个服务员 |
[18:39] | She’s having a baby? | 她怀孕了 |
[18:41] | I convinced her not to tell Scooter. | 我说服了她别告诉斯库特 |
[18:43] | She’s not so dumb that she can’t see he’d make a lousy father. | 她还不至于傻到看不出他不是当好爸爸的料 |
[18:50] | So, if you’re not going to take the photo, | 那如果你不愿意拍照片 |
[18:51] | can you refer someone who will? | 你能把这活转给愿意干的人吗 |
[18:54] | Did I say I wouldn’t do it? | 我说我不干了吗 |
[18:55] | You haven’t even made me an offer yet. | 你还没给我报价呢 |
[18:58] | So, your disgust can be overcome for the right price? | 这么说只要价钱合适 你就不觉得恶心了 |
[19:01] | Some days money doesn’t mean a lot to me. | 某些日子钱对我来说意义不大 |
[19:05] | Lucky for you, this isn’t one of them. | 你运气好 今天我不这么想 |
[19:12] | That’s it. Open up and chew slowly. | 这就对了 张嘴 慢慢嚼 |
[19:18] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[19:20] | Your friend from the dry cleaner is downstairs. | 你干洗店的朋友在楼下 |
[19:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:26] | Do you want one more fry before I leave, Papa? | 我走之前你还想再吃一根薯条吗 爸爸 |
[19:30] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[19:32] | Are you full? | 你吃饱了吗 |
[19:35] | Why are you mad? | 你为什么生气 |
[19:37] | Because I’m going out for dinner? | 是因为我要出去吃饭吗 |
[19:38] | That’s silly. | 你真傻 |
[19:40] | I need to start enjoying my life. | 我要开始享受人生了 |
[19:42] | You know, I’m not 23 anymore. | 我不再是23岁的少女了 |
[19:45] | I’ll vouch for that. | 这点我可以证明 |
[19:49] | I won’t be too late. | 我不会太晚的 |
[19:51] | I’ll tuck you in when I come home. Hmm? | 我回来照顾你上床睡觉 |
[19:57] | She’s going to have sex tonight. | 她今晚会跟人做爱的 |
[20:00] | With a man you don’t approve of. | 跟一个你不赞成的男人 |
[20:04] | If you hadn’t threatened to disinherit her, | 要是你之前没威胁她剥夺她的遗产 |
[20:07] | I wouldn’t have anything to blackmail her with. | 我也不会有把柄威胁她 |
[20:10] | But now I can scare her all the way back to Texas. | 但是我现在可以把她吓得逃回得克萨斯 |
[20:16] | And then it’s just you and me. | 然后就剩下你和我了 |
[20:20] | Doesn’t that sound like fun? | 是不是听起来特别有意思 |
[20:50] | I hear this is their best chianti. | 我听说这是他们最好的基安蒂干红 |
[20:53] | But why buy the whole bottle? | 你为什么要买一整瓶 |
[20:56] | We won’t be able to drink it all. | 咱们喝不完 |
[20:57] | Oh, we got to try. | 得试试啊 |
[20:59] | It’s my birthday. | 今天是我生日 |
[21:00] | That’s right. | 对了 |
[21:02] | I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[21:06] | – Oh, you got me a gift? – Just a small token, really. | -你有礼物给我 -只是一点小小的心意 |
[21:13] | Those are real diamonds. | 这是真钻石做的 |
[21:18] | Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[21:20] | – This is too expensive. – No. | -这太贵重了 -没有 |
[21:22] | Didn’t cost me a cent. | 我没花钱 |
[21:24] | I bought them years ago for another man. | 很多年前我为另一个男人买的 |
[21:27] | Do you like them? | 你喜欢吗 |
[21:28] | I love them. | 我太喜欢了 |
[21:30] | I’m so glad. | 我很高兴 |
[21:33] | This is shaping up to be my best birthday ever. | 这是迄今为止我最好的生日了 |
[22:14] | So I don’t get expensive gifts for Papa anymore | 所以我不再给爸爸买贵重的礼物了 |
[22:18] | because I know they’re going to end up going to Rita. | 因为我知道最后都会落到丽塔手里 |
[22:20] | Now, that’s your stepmother? | 她是你继母 |
[22:22] | I guess you never liked her, huh? | 我猜你一直不喜欢她 对吧 |
[22:23] | Well, actually, we used to be friends, | 事实上 我们曾经是朋友 |
[22:25] | right when she and Papa got engaged. | 一直到她和爸爸订婚之前 |
[22:27] | She was nice back then. | 她那时候很和善 |
[22:29] | But right after the wedding, | 但是办完婚礼之后 |
[22:31] | that’s when Rita showed her true colors. | 丽塔的真面目就露出来了 |
[22:34] | She wasn’t so nice anymore? | 她不再和善了 |
[22:36] | No. You see… | 是的 你看… |
[22:39] | Rita can be sweet as pie as long as she needs you, | 如果丽塔需要你 她就会对你甜蜜无比 |
[22:43] | but once she no longer needs you… | 但是一旦她不再需要你了 |
[22:47] | You’re out on your ass. | 你就得滚蛋了 |
[22:49] | I should powder my nose. | 我得去补补妆 |
[22:52] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[23:00] | You want to hurry it up, Romeo? | 你能抓紧点时间吗 罗密欧 |
[23:03] | It’s almost midnight. | 都快午夜了 |
[23:04] | You must be the guy Rita hired to take the photo. | 你肯定是丽塔雇来拍照片的那个人 |
[23:06] | And I hope I’m doing my job half as well as you’re doing yours. | 我要是能像你一样尽职尽责就好了 |
[23:09] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[23:10] | I’ve been watching you work. | 我一直在看你工作 |
[23:12] | If I didn’t already know the plan, | 要不是我已经知道了计划 |
[23:14] | I’d swear you had a yen for that broad. | 我敢发誓你对那女人有意思 |
[23:23] | He left it for Catherine to find. | 他把这个留给了凯瑟琳 |
[23:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:27] | She told him she’d check on him when she gets home tonight. | 她跟他说 今晚回家后会去看他 |
[23:30] | I’m just glad you found it first. | 很高兴你先发现了 |
[23:33] | What are we going to do? | 我们要怎么办 |
[23:35] | Well, we need to keep him away from all lawyers | 我们要让他远离所有的律师 |
[23:38] | and condiments. | 还有调味料 |
[23:40] | This is no joke. | 这不是开玩笑 |
[23:41] | I’m worried. | 我很担心 |
[23:43] | Once we have the photo, Catherine will go back home. | 一旦我们拿到照片 凯瑟琳就会回家 |
[23:45] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[23:46] | She does not want to be disinherited. | 她不想被剥夺继承权 |
[23:48] | So, what if we get rid of her? | 就算我们把她赶走又怎么样 |
[23:50] | Carlo heard you with Scooter the night he fell. | 卡洛摔倒的那晚听到了你和斯库特一起 |
[23:53] | If he tells someone he wants a divorce… | 如果他跟别人说他想离婚 |
[23:54] | And how’s he going to do that? | 他怎么做得到 |
[23:56] | He can’t talk. | 他说不了话 |
[23:57] | For now. | 暂时而已 |
[23:58] | What if he gets his voice back? | 如果他声音恢复了呢 |
[24:00] | Wh-What, what if he gets to a phone | 如果我们看不到的时候 |
[24:02] | when one of us isn’t looking? | 他打电话了呢 |
[24:03] | We might not know | 我们可能蒙在鼓里 |
[24:04] | until a lawyer shows up with divorce papers. Then what? | 直到律师拿着离婚协议书出现 然后呢 |
[24:07] | Well, then I’m screwed. | 然后我就完了 |
[24:09] | Not just you. | 不只是你 |
[24:10] | If you lose your home, I lose mine, too. | 如果你家没了 我家也没了 |
[24:12] | Let’s not panic. | 不要恐慌 |
[24:14] | Once Catherine is gone, it’ll just be the three of us in this house, | 一旦凯瑟琳走了 这个房子里就只有我们三个 |
[24:17] | and we can watch him like a hawk. | 我们可以像鹰一样监视他 |
[24:20] | Sedate him | 给他打镇静剂 |
[24:21] | if we have to. | 如果有必要 |
[24:24] | Or… | 或者 |
[24:26] | …we can kill him. | 我们可以杀了他 |
[24:28] | Isabel. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[24:29] | We’ve gotten away with it before. | 我们之前也逍遥法外过 |
[24:44] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[24:46] | Why are you dressed like that? | 你怎么穿成这样 |
[24:47] | Isn’t it obvious? | 这不是很明显吗 |
[24:49] | I’m going with you. | 我跟你一起去 |
[24:51] | No, no. That wasn’t part of the plan. | 不 不行 这不在计划内 |
[24:53] | It’s far too risky. | 这太危险了 |
[24:55] | What’s risky is sending you into Rita’s house without a lookout. | 派你进入丽塔家 还没人把风才叫危险 |
[24:59] | I won’t go inside. | 我不会进去 |
[25:00] | I’ll stay in the car and keep watch, just in case. | 我待在车上 给你把风 以防万一 |
[25:03] | Well, I suppose that’ll be all right. | 我想应该没问题 |
[25:06] | Now, don’t forget your coat. | 别忘了你的外套 |
[25:07] | It’s chilly out. | 外面很冷 |
[25:08] | We can’t have you catching your death. | 我们可不能让你患致命感冒 |
[25:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[25:13] | It’s just nice to know that you still worry about me. | 知道你还担心我 我很高兴 |
[25:15] | Makes me feel like we’re back to normal. | 让我觉得我们回到了正轨 |
[25:17] | Of course we’re back to normal. | 我们当然回到了正轨 |
[25:20] | I think I saw your coat on a chair in the kitchen. | 我看见你的外套放在厨房的椅子上了 |
[25:22] | – Go get it. – Yes. | -去拿吧 -好 |
[25:58] | Dee. | 小迪 |
[25:59] | I’ve been meaning to call you. | 我一直想给你打电话 |
[26:02] | How are you doing? Everything okay? | 你怎么样 一切都好吗 |
[26:04] | Not really. You got a minute? | 不太好 你有时间吗 |
[26:06] | Look around. | 你看看周围 |
[26:07] | I got all the time in the world. | 我有的是时间 |
[26:09] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[26:11] | You remember last summer? | 你还记得去年夏天吗 |
[26:13] | You told me about your predicament. | 你跟我说了你的困境 |
[26:17] | It seems I’m now in the same boat. | 现在我似乎陷入了同样的困境 |
[26:20] | No. | 不 |
[26:24] | Have you told your parents? | 你告诉你父母了吗 |
[26:26] | No. | 没有 |
[26:28] | I’m thinking maybe they won’t need to know. | 我在想也许他们不需要知道 |
[26:31] | If I do what you did. | 如果我照着你去做 |
[26:33] | Remember, I had no choice. | 记着 我当时别无他选 |
[26:34] | My folks would have disowned me. | 否则我家人会和我断绝关系的 |
[26:37] | And the guy I was seeing was married, so… | 而且我约会的那个男人已婚 所以 |
[26:40] | Tell me about the place you went. | 告诉我你当时去的地方 |
[26:42] | St. Anne’s? | 圣安妮 |
[26:44] | It was nice. | 那里还不错 |
[26:46] | They took good care of me. | 他们把我照顾得很好 |
[26:49] | What was it like? | 那是什么感觉 |
[26:50] | When you gave birth? | 你生孩子的时候 |
[26:52] | The doctors gave me something for the pain, | 医生们给我用了些东西来止痛 |
[26:54] | so it’s a bit hazy. | 所以有点记不清了 |
[26:56] | I remember one of the nuns said not to look at the baby | 我记得有个修女说孩子生出来的时候 |
[26:58] | when it came out. | 不要去看它 |
[27:00] | That it would be too painful. | 那样会很痛苦的 |
[27:02] | But I looked anyway. | 但我还是看了 |
[27:05] | It was a boy. | 那是个男孩 |
[27:07] | He looked just like me. I think. | 他长得和我很像 我觉得 |
[27:10] | They took him away so quick. | 他们很快就把他带走了 |
[27:13] | Do you know what happened to him? | 你知道他后来怎么样了吗 |
[27:16] | My little guy was adopted by a family in Utah. | 犹他州的一户人家领养了我的小家伙 |
[27:18] | They got money, a big house with a yard. | 他们很有钱 住带院子的大房子 |
[27:22] | It makes me feel good knowing he traded up. | 我很欣慰他能过上更好的生活 |
[27:26] | Ever think about him? | 你会想他吗 |
[27:30] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[27:36] | But the good news is, | 但好消息是 |
[27:37] | I graduate secretarial school in May, | 我五月份从秘书学校毕业 |
[27:40] | and my folks will be there to cheer me on. | 我的家人会过来为我庆祝 |
[27:43] | No. I made the right decision. | 是的 我做了正确的决定 |
[27:49] | It’s getting late. | 时间不早了 |
[27:51] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[27:55] | If you do decide to go to St. Anne’s, | 如果你决定去圣安妮 |
[27:57] | can I give you some advice? | 我能给你些建议吗 |
[28:00] | Sure. | 当然 |
[28:01] | Listen to the nuns. | 听修女的话 |
[28:03] | Don’t look at it. | 别看孩子 |
[28:13] | I’m telling you, it’s the only way to protect yourself. | 我告诉你 那是唯一能保护你自己的办法 |
[28:16] | You don’t think I’ve thought about killing Carlo before? | 你觉得我之前没想过杀掉卡洛吗 |
[28:19] | I came this close to drowning him in the tub last month. | 上个月我差一点就让他溺死在浴缸里了 |
[28:22] | Then why didn’t you? | 那你为什么不杀了他 |
[28:24] | It’s not worth the risk. | 不值得冒这个险 |
[28:25] | I say it is. | 我觉得值得 |
[28:28] | We shot Harry. Look how that paid off. | 我们向哈里开了枪 看这多划得来 |
[28:31] | Elysian Park is not Galveston. | 极乐公园不是加尔维斯顿 |
[28:33] | And Carlo’s not some violent brute no one will miss. | 卡洛也不是无人牵挂的暴力狂 |
[28:38] | I’m not saying we shoot him. | 我不是说我们向他开枪 |
[28:41] | There are poisons we could buy. | 我们可以买毒药 |
[28:43] | Something undetectable. | 觉察不到的毒药 |
[28:45] | Yeah, and if the police get suspicious? | 那如果警察有所怀疑呢 |
[28:47] | Then we run, like before. | 那我们就逃走 和之前一样 |
[28:49] | We change our names. | 我们改掉名字 |
[28:50] | No. I don’t want to change my identity again. | 不 我不想再换一个身份了 |
[28:54] | I’ve spent the last ten years perfecting this one. | 我用了十年才让现在的身份无可挑剔 |
[29:00] | God. My head is spinning. | 天啊 我的头好晕 |
[29:02] | You’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[29:07] | We’re not going to solve this tonight. | 这事我们今晚解决不了了 |
[29:11] | We can talk about it tomorrow. | 我们可以明天再谈 |
[29:16] | Just promise me, | 答应我 |
[29:19] | no matter what happens, | 无论发生什么 |
[29:21] | you won’t leave me. | 你都不会离开我 |
[29:23] | I promise. I won’t. | 我答应你 我不会 |
[29:27] | Good. | 好 |
[29:30] | I love you, Isabel. | 我爱你 伊莎贝尔 |
[29:32] | I love you too, cousin. | 我也爱你 表妹 |
[29:41] | There’s still a light on upstairs. | 楼上还有亮着 |
[29:43] | That’s Rita’s dressing room. | 那是丽塔的更衣室 |
[29:44] | Let’s hope she’s not a night owl. | 希望她不是夜猫子 |
[29:48] | Are you hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[29:50] | I brought us some snacks and cocoa. | 我带了一些点心和热可可来 |
[29:53] | The taking of a human life is a grave and sacred task. | 夺人性命是一项庄严而神圣的任务 |
[29:57] | It’s not a night at the drive-in. | 不是去汽车电影院看电影 |
[29:59] | This isn’t frivolous. | 这不是多此一举 |
[30:01] | You know how you get when your blood sugar drops. | 你知道你血糖下降时的反应 |
[30:04] | Yes. I’m sorry. | 是的 对不起 |
[30:06] | I’m a bit nervous about Carlo. | 我有点担心卡洛 |
[30:08] | I’m just not sure what his reaction will be. | 我只是不确定他会有什么反应 |
[30:11] | He’ll probably be a bit scared. | 他可能会有点害怕 |
[30:13] | He might be a little bit startled at first. | 他一开始也许会有点吃惊 |
[30:15] | But, you know, you have such a warm smile. | 但是你的笑容很温暖 |
[30:18] | I’m sure you’ll put him right at ease. | 我相信你会让他安心的 |
[30:20] | Thank you, Alma. | 谢谢你 艾尔玛 |
[30:21] | I’m glad you’re here to tell me that. | 我很高兴你告诉我这一点 |
[30:23] | Me, too. | 我也很高兴 |
[30:26] | Chocolate chip cookie? | 巧克力豆曲奇饼吃吗 |
[30:27] | Go on then, just one. | 那就来一块吧 |
[30:29] | Yes. | 好 |
[30:34] | I had a lovely evening, Scooter. | 我今晚过得很开心 斯库特 |
[30:37] | Does it have to be over? | 今晚一定要结束吗 |
[30:38] | We could swing by my place for a nightcap. | 我们可以去我家喝杯睡前酒 |
[30:40] | I had too much to drink already. | 我已经喝太多了 |
[30:42] | I’m not sure I can trust myself. | 我不确定我能相信自己 |
[30:44] | Don’t you trust me? | 难道你不相信我吗 |
[30:45] | Even less. | 你我更不相信 |
[30:47] | It’s been wonderful, | 今晚很开心 |
[30:47] | but I do think you need to take me home now. | 但是我真的觉得你得送我回家了 |
[30:52] | Hang on a sec. I… I-I think | 等一等 我想… |
[30:54] | – I left something at the table. – Okay. | -我落了东西在桌上 -好 |
[31:03] | Change of plans. | 计划有变 |
[31:05] | She wants me to take her home. | 她要我送她回家 |
[31:06] | Are you calling it off? | 你要取消吗 |
[31:07] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[31:09] | Drag her back to my place? | 把她强带去我家吗 |
[31:10] | Rita expects a photo in the morning. | 丽塔希望早上能看到照片 |
[31:12] | How do you think she’ll react if we don’t deliver? | 如果我们没拍到 你认为她会有什么反应 |
[31:15] | Geez. | 天呐 |
[31:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:17] | Follow me back to Rita’s place. | 跟着我回丽塔家 |
[31:19] | I’ll try to get something started there. | 我会在那里想办法 |
[31:41] | It’s off. Rita’s light is off. | 关了 丽塔关灯了 |
[31:43] | Here we go. Wish me luck. | 开始了 祝我好运 |
[31:45] | Here. When you get into Carlo’s room, | 给 你进了卡洛的房间后 |
[31:47] | just give me a signal through the window. | 从窗户给我个信号 |
[31:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:51] | So I know that you made it upstairs safely. | 这样我知道你安全地上楼了 |
[31:54] | Just shine your flashlight out the window. | 把你的手电筒往窗外照就行了 |
[31:56] | – All right? – Yeah, okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[31:58] | Bye. Good luck. | 拜 祝你好运 |
[32:01] | And if anything happens downstairs, let me know. | 如果楼下发生任何事 通知我 |
[32:03] | How will I do that? | 我要怎么通知你 |
[32:04] | Honk the horn. | 按喇叭 |
[32:06] | We’re having quite an adventure, aren’t we? | 我们真是在冒险 对吧 |
[32:07] | Yes. We’re like Bonnie and Clyde. | 没错 我们就像是雌雄大盗 |
[32:11] | – But with cookies. – Yes. | -但是带着饼干 -没错 |
[33:29] | You’re awake. | 你醒了 |
[33:31] | I’m sorry to startle you. | 抱歉吓到你了 |
[33:34] | I’m not sure if you’ll remember me. | 我不确定你是否还记得我 |
[33:35] | I’m Dr. Fillcot. | 我是菲尔科特医生 |
[33:38] | Your vet. | 你的兽医 |
[33:39] | What? | 什么 |
[33:59] | I know you’re… | 我知道你 |
[34:00] | in a great deal of pain. | 非常痛苦 |
[34:03] | And I’m here to relieve you of your suffering. | 我是来帮你解除痛苦的 |
[34:10] | Perhaps we’ll start with a sedative. | 或许该先打一针镇静剂 |
[35:01] | Boy. How about that wind? | 天 风真大 |
[35:04] | I think a storm is coming. | 多半会有暴风雨 |
[35:05] | My hair is frightful. | 我的头发好吓人 |
[35:06] | Make yourself at home. | 别拘束 |
[35:07] | I’ll only be a moment. | 我马上就来 |
[35:17] | Did you hear something? | 你听到了什么吗 |
[35:36] | You said, “Make yourself at home.” | 你说”别拘束” |
[35:39] | Scooter, really. | 斯库特 讲真 |
[35:41] | I’m old enough to be your mother. | 我老到可以当你妈了 |
[35:44] | You’re never too old to have fun. | 再老也可以玩乐 |
[35:47] | Why do you want to have fun with me? | 你为什么想要和我玩乐 |
[35:50] | Let’s face it. | 面对现实吧 |
[35:52] | I’m not a great beauty. | 我不是美女 |
[35:54] | I’m lonely, okay? | 我很寂寞 好吗 |
[35:56] | You seem like you’re lonely, too. | 你看上去也很寂寞 |
[36:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:02] | I am lonely. | 我很寂寞 |
[36:05] | And rich. | 也很有钱 |
[36:07] | If having money means you can’t trust anyone, | 如果有钱意味着你不能信任任何人 |
[36:10] | that you can’t accept love when offered… | 有人求爱也得拒绝的话 |
[36:13] | then what good is it? | 那么还有什么意义 |
[36:19] | There’s no need to be frightened. | 不必害怕 |
[36:22] | It’ll all be over so soon. | 很快就会结束 |
[36:27] | I want your last moments to be serene. | 我希望你最后的时刻是安详的 |
[36:30] | And beautiful. | 美妙的 |
[36:36] | Did the lightning startle you? | 闪电吓到你了吗 |
[36:38] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[36:47] | So, you really like me? | 你真的喜欢我吗 |
[36:49] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[36:51] | You’re the nicest person I’ve met in this town. | 你是我在这里见过的最善良的人 |
[36:54] | I’m not that nice. | 我没那么善良 |
[36:57] | Come on. | 别这么说 |
[36:58] | You’re a doll. | 你是个美人 |
[36:59] | You treat me like I’m somebody, | 你对我那么好 |
[37:01] | and the sweet way you take care of your dad. | 你还贴心照顾你爸爸 |
[37:04] | I hate my papa. | 我恨我爸爸 |
[37:05] | Even more since I met you. | 认识你后就更恨了 |
[37:08] | You make me remember everything he took from me. | 你让我想起他从我身上夺走的一切 |
[37:11] | When I still had something to offer. | 那时我还有点姿色 |
[37:25] | I know what it feels like to think you’ve missed the boat. | 我知道觉得自己错失良机是什么滋味 |
[37:29] | That it’s too late to get what you want. | 认为为时已晚 得不到你想要的 |
[37:34] | Maybe it is. | 也许是这样 |
[37:38] | Or maybe it isn’t. | 也或许不是 |
[38:14] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[38:15] | Alma, what are you doing? | 艾尔玛 你在干什么 |
[38:17] | There are two people downstairs. I don’t know who they are. | 楼下有两个人 不知道是谁 |
[38:19] | Why didn’t you honk the horn? | 你怎么不按喇叭 |
[38:21] | I did. You must just not have heard it. | 我按了 你只是没听到 |
[38:24] | Is it done? | 搞定了吗 |
[38:25] | Yes, his suffering has ended. | 是的 他不再受苦了 |
[38:27] | Which is more than can be said for mine. | 不过我就没那么好运了 |
[38:29] | That old man grabbed me. | 那老头抓住了我 |
[38:30] | Will you stop complaining. | 你能别抱怨了吗 |
[38:31] | We need to get out of here. Come on. | 我们得离开 快来 |
[38:42] | There were two people talking in the living room earlier. | 刚才有两个人在客厅说话 |
[38:44] | A man and a woman. | 一男一女 |
[38:48] | Well, they’re not talking now. | 他们现在没说话了 |
[39:00] | Are they there? | 他们在那吗 |
[39:15] | Maybe the wind will distract them. | 也许风会分散他们注意力 |
[39:17] | They don’t need any more distracting. Come on. | 他们不需要更多的分心事了 快 |
[41:51] | Rise and shine, Papa. | 起床了 爸爸 |
[41:54] | The clouds are gone. | 乌云都散去了 |
[41:56] | It’s a glorious day, Papa. | 今天天气很好 爸爸 |
[42:01] | Papa? | 爸爸 |
[42:05] | Papa! | 爸爸 |
[42:26] | We have to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[42:28] | Yeah. Yeah, I’d like to talk. | 好 我也正想找你谈谈 |
[42:30] | I’m ashamed of how I left things. | 很抱歉 我离开的方式 |
[42:32] | Now, just forget about it. | 别提了 |
[42:33] | No, I have to explain. | 不 我得解释 |
[42:35] | The truth is, I… | 其实我… |
[42:37] | I’m in so much trouble. | 遇到了大麻烦 |
[42:39] | And lately it’s felt like | 而最近感觉 |
[42:40] | you’re my best friend in the world. | 你就是我这个世上最好的朋友 |
[42:42] | So, I’m back. | 所以 我又来找你了 |
[42:44] | Because I trust you to give me good advice. | 因为我相信你能给我一点好的建议 |
[42:47] | See, the… | 其实… |
[42:49] | The thing I couldn’t tell you was… | 我不能告诉你的那件事… |
[42:51] | You’re pregnant. | 你怀孕了 |
[42:54] | How? | 你怎么知道的 |
[42:55] | I am a detective. | 我是个侦探 |
[42:58] | Vern. | 韦恩 |
[43:01] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[43:03] | Here’s a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[43:05] | Marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[43:07] | What? | 什么 |
[43:10] | Look, if you’re just trying to be a good guy here… | 听着 如果你只是想做个好人 |
[43:12] | No. That’s not what this is. | 不 不是这样的 |
[43:16] | But you’d be raising another man’s baby. | 可你要抚养的是别的男人的孩子 |
[43:19] | With the woman I love. | 和我爱的女人一起 |
[43:23] | Vern. | 韦恩 |
[43:25] | Are you absolutely sure? | 你确定吗 |
[43:26] | Oh, yeah. | 我确定 |
[43:28] | I’ve given it a lot of thought. | 我已经想清楚了 |
[43:30] | In fact… | 事实上 |
[43:33] | I bought this for you last night. | 昨晚我给你买了这个 |
[43:36] | I hope it’s okay. | 希望你能喜欢 |
[43:46] | Sorry for being so blunt. | 抱歉这么唐突 |
[43:48] | I probably should have had a fancy speech prepared. But… | 本来应该精心准备一段求婚词的 但是… |
[43:53] | But if you’ll have me… | 不过如果你愿意的话 |
[44:04] | I guess that’s a yes, huh? | 这算是答应了吧 |
[44:05] | That’s more than a yes. | 何止是答应 |
[44:08] | That’s a “You betcha.” | 简直是求之不得 |
[45:08] | Hello. | 你好 |
[45:08] | Yes, hello. | 你好 |
[45:10] | My name is Mary Booth. | 我是玛丽·布斯 |
[45:12] | I live in your neighborhood. | 住在你家附近 |
[45:14] | I drove by your home and saw the ambulance. | 我开车经过你家 看见你家门前停着救护车 |
[45:17] | I was concerned. | 我很担心 |
[45:18] | Did something happen to Mr. Castillo? | 是卡斯蒂罗先生出什么事了吗 |
[45:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:23] | My father died last night. | 我父亲昨晚去世了 |
[45:24] | Oh, no. | 真不幸 |
[45:27] | This is just awful of me to ask, | 虽然这样问有点不礼貌 |
[45:30] | but do you know how he died? | 但你知道他是怎么过世的吗 |
[45:32] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[45:34] | Well, I was in a café last week, | 上周我在餐厅 |
[45:37] | and I overheard his wife Rita | 无意中听到他妻子丽塔 |
[45:38] | saying the most awful things about him | 说了些有关于他的很可怕的话 |
[45:41] | and the money that she expected to inherit. | 还说她想继承他的财产 |
[45:44] | “Any day now” was the phrase that she used. | “要不了多久” 她原话是这样说的 |
[45:47] | When you said that he’d died, | 你说他已经过世了的时候 |
[45:48] | the hairs on the back of my neck just stood up. I… | 我脖子后面的汗毛都竖起来了 我… |
[45:54] | Maybe it’s wrong of me, but I felt that I had to say something. | 或许是我多管闲事了 但我觉得有必要说点什么 |
[45:58] | No. | 不 |
[45:59] | It’s a good thing you called. | 还好你打来了 |