时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | – Marry me. – You’d be raising another man’s baby. | -嫁给我 -可你要抚养的是别的男人的孩子 |
[00:08] | With the woman I love. | 和我爱的女人一起 |
[00:10] | You know Rita Castillo? | 你知道丽塔·卡斯蒂罗吗 |
[00:11] | – Is she ill? – No, but she has a husband. | -她病了吗 -没 不过她有个丈夫 |
[00:14] | He’s in so much pain. | 他病痛难忍 |
[00:15] | You really want me to kill Carlo Castillo? | 你真想让我杀了卡洛·卡斯蒂罗 |
[00:18] | And if the police did do an autopsy, | 那如果警察进行了尸检 |
[00:20] | would they find the drug that you used? | 他们会发现你用的药吗 |
[00:22] | They’d have to be looking for it, | 他们得专门去找才行 |
[00:23] | and they wouldn’t be unless they suspected foul play. | 但除非他们怀疑谋杀 否则他们是不会去找的 |
[00:25] | I need you to screw her tonight. | 我要你今晚上了她 |
[00:27] | Carlo is starting to communicate. | 卡洛已经开始跟人沟通了 |
[00:29] | Once we have the photo, Catherine will go back home. | 一旦我们拿到照片 凯瑟琳就会回家 |
[00:32] | I won’t be too late. | 我不会太晚的 |
[00:33] | I’ll tuck you in when I come home. | 我会回来照顾你上床睡觉 |
[00:35] | She’s going to have sex tonight. | 她今晚会跟人做爱的 |
[00:37] | If you hadn’t threatened to disinherit her, | 要是你之前没威胁她剥夺她的遗产 |
[00:39] | I wouldn’t have anything to blackmail her with. | 我也不会有把柄威胁她 |
[00:42] | We can kill him. Gotten away with it before. | 我们可以杀了他 我们之前也逍遥法外过 |
[00:44] | Elysian Park is not Galveston. | 极乐公园不是加尔维斯顿 |
[00:47] | I won’t go inside. I’ll stay in the car. | 我不会进去 我待在车上 |
[00:48] | Keep watch, just in case. | 给你把风 以防万一 |
[00:50] | And I’m here to relieve you of your suffering. | 我是来帮你解除痛苦的 |
[01:05] | I overheard his wife Rita saying things | 我无意中听到他妻子丽塔 |
[01:07] | about the money that she expected to inherit | 说她想继承他的财产 |
[01:09] | “Any day now.” | “要不了多久” |
[01:11] | It’s a good thing you called. | 还好你打来了 |
[01:16] | The widow Castillo sat on her sofa that morning | 那天早上寡妇卡斯蒂罗坐在她的沙发上 |
[01:20] | thinking about her dreams and how they’d all come true. | 想着她的梦想以及它们如何成真 |
[01:26] | Her brute of a husband was dead. | 她的畜生丈夫死了 |
[01:29] | And she was now insanely rich. | 而她变得无比富有 |
[01:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:34] | Rita had the feeling | 丽塔有感觉 |
[01:35] | she’d be happy for the rest of her life. | 她余生都会很幸福 |
[01:40] | She was wrong. | 可是她错了 |
[01:47] | What? | 干什么 |
[01:48] | Wait. What, what are you doing? | 等等 你们干什么 |
[01:50] | Excuse me. Hello? | 喂 回答我 |
[01:52] | Excuse me! | 等等 |
[01:53] | Where are they going? | 他们要去哪 |
[01:55] | Ma’am, we have a search warrant. | 夫人 我们有搜查令 |
[01:57] | Why do you need to search my house? | 你们为什么要搜我家 |
[01:59] | I asked them to solve the mystery of Papa’s death. | 我叫他们来破解爸爸死亡的谜团 |
[02:02] | Mystery? He had a heart attack. | 谜团 他犯心脏病了 |
[02:03] | That’s what we thought until we performed an autopsy. | 我们本来也这么以为 直到进行了尸检 |
[02:06] | And who asked you to do that? | 谁叫你去做的 |
[02:08] | I did. | 我 |
[02:09] | It was my last gift to Papa. | 这是我给爸爸的最后一份礼物 |
[02:11] | That’s what you call a gift? | 你把这叫做礼物 |
[02:13] | An autopsy? | 尸检 |
[02:15] | Well, now I know what I’m getting you for Christmas. | 现在我知道圣诞节该送你什么了 |
[02:19] | Isabel, get me another drink. | 伊莎贝尔 再给我拿杯酒 |
[02:24] | Mrs. Castillo, we have evidence your husband was poisoned. | 卡斯蒂罗太太 我们有证据表明你丈夫被下毒了 |
[02:28] | Poisoned? That’s impossible. | 被下毒 不可能 |
[02:30] | We also know you were the only one upstairs with him. | 我们还知道当时楼上只有你跟他在一起 |
[02:32] | And you stand to inherit half his estate. | 而且你有机会继承他的一半遗产 |
[02:34] | She gets the other half, and she was here, too. | 而她会继承另一半 而且她当时也在这房子里 |
[02:37] | I was downstairs, on that sofa with a friend. | 我当时在楼下 跟一个朋友在那张沙发上 |
[02:42] | We talked all night long. | 我们聊了一整晚 |
[02:43] | Talked. Yeah, right. | “聊”了整晚 鬼信啊 |
[02:45] | I didn’t go upstairs until 6:00. | 我直到早上六点才上楼 |
[02:47] | And the coroner said Papa died before 1:00. | 验尸官说爸爸在凌晨一点前就走了 |
[02:50] | This is ludicrous. | 这太扯了 |
[02:52] | My husband was old and sick. | 我丈夫又老又有病 |
[02:54] | All I had to do was wait for him to die. | 我只需要等他自然死亡就行 |
[02:56] | And I am a very patient woman. | 我可是个很有耐心的女人 |
[03:00] | Where the hell is my drink? | 我的酒呢 |
[03:03] | She was cheating on Papa, | 她背着爸爸出轨了 |
[03:06] | but I think he found out. | 但我认为他发现了 |
[03:07] | I think he was planning to divorce her. | 他应该在计划跟她离婚 |
[03:10] | That would be motive. | 这可以是动机 |
[03:11] | I refuse to listen to another word. | 我不要再听你们说了 |
[03:15] | Going somewhere, Mrs. Castillo? | 急着去哪吗 卡斯蒂罗太太 |
[03:17] | Yes, to my lawyer. | 对 我要去找我的律师 |
[03:19] | I’m going to sue all of you for libel. | 我要告你们所有人诽谤我 |
[03:21] | What’s in the purse? | 你的包里装了什么 |
[03:22] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[03:24] | You just seem in kind of a hurry to get it out of the house. | 你好像有些急着要把它从房子里带走 |
[03:26] | You are ridiculous, you know that? | 你简直荒唐至极 你知道吗 |
[03:33] | There. Satisfied? | 给你看 满意了吗 |
[04:00] | As she arrived at the police station, | 丽塔到达警局的时候 |
[04:03] | Rita wondered how her new happiness | 十分不解 她的幸福新生 |
[04:05] | could have vanished so quickly. | 为何如此转瞬即逝 |
[04:07] | Hey, Rita, over here. | 丽塔 看这边 |
[04:11] | She had no idea the answer… | 她丝毫不知道… |
[04:16] | was staring her in the face. | 答案其实正盯着她看呢 |
[04:47] | The arrest of her archnemesis | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特死敌的被捕 |
[04:50] | had left Alma Fillcot in the best possible mood. | 让她的心情好到了极致 |
[04:54] | Her scheming had yielded the results she’d hoped for. | 她的计谋产出了想要的结果 |
[04:57] | And she was as happy as she’d ever been. | 她从未如此开心过 |
[05:02] | Sadly… | 遗憾的是 |
[05:04] | the same could not be said for her husband. | 这话并不适用于她的丈夫 |
[05:07] | Have you spoken to Rita? | 你跟丽塔联系过了吗 |
[05:10] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[05:11] | Well, it’s been four days since we killed Carlo. | 我们杀死卡洛已经四天了 |
[05:13] | I’m just worried about her. | 我很担心她 |
[05:15] | I keep wondering how she’s feeling, if she’s happier now. | 我一直在想她有什么感觉 她现在会更开心吗 |
[05:18] | Well, I’ve left messages, but she hasn’t called me back. | 我给她留了消息 但她还没给我打过来 |
[05:21] | Perhaps you can pop by and visit her. See how she’s doing. | 也许你可以去看看她现在情况如何了 |
[05:24] | You’re sweet to be concerned, | 你这么关心她可真贴心 |
[05:26] | but I’m sure Rita is just fine. | 但我相信丽塔不会有事的 |
[05:28] | – Thank you. – Hmm. Morning, Dee. | -谢谢 -早啊 小迪 |
[05:31] | Would you like some breakfast? | 要来点早餐吗 |
[05:32] | Oh, I can’t stay. I got a job interview. | 我马上就得走 我有个工作面试 |
[05:35] | But I did want to know | 但我确实想问问 |
[05:37] | if you two had plans for dinner tonight. | 你俩今天的晚餐有安排了吗 |
[05:38] | I don’t think so. Why? | 我想没有 怎么了 |
[05:41] | There’s someone I want you to meet. | 我想让你们见个人 |
[05:43] | Oh, who? | 谁 |
[05:45] | This fella I know. | 我认识的一个小伙子 |
[05:46] | Actually, he’s my fella. | 其实 他是我的小伙子 |
[05:49] | I have a fella. | 我有男友了 |
[05:50] | This, uh, this the young man who…? | 这个 这年轻人他… |
[05:52] | No, no. It’s not Scooter. | 不 不是斯库特 |
[05:54] | Who’s Scooter? | 谁是斯库特 |
[05:55] | So, this is a new boyfriend? | 这个是新男友吗 |
[05:57] | Was there an old boyfriend? | 之前还有个旧男友吗 |
[05:58] | I met Vern last month. | 我上个月遇见了维恩 |
[06:00] | He’s smart and he’s kind. | 他聪明又善良 |
[06:02] | And I love him. | 而且我爱他 |
[06:04] | Darling. | 亲爱的 |
[06:05] | – Does he love you back? – Oh, yes. | -他也爱你吗 -当然 |
[06:07] | In fact… | 事实上 |
[06:08] | he proposed. | 他求婚了 |
[06:12] | You’re engaged? | 你订婚了吗 |
[06:16] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[06:19] | I’m so happy. | 我太开心了 |
[06:20] | Bertram! Oh, it’s happened. | 伯特伦 终于成真了 |
[06:23] | – I told you not to lose faith. – Yes. | -我说了让你别失去信心 -对 |
[06:24] | You said what now? | 你说什么 |
[06:26] | I’ve just been so concerned about your love life. | 我只是一直担心你的婚恋生活 |
[06:28] | I started praying to St. Jude to send you a man to marry. | 我开始向圣裘德祈祷 给你一个能结婚的男人 |
[06:31] | And he finally came through! | 他终于同意了 |
[06:34] | Isn’t he the patron saint of lost causes? | 他不是无望之人的守护神吗 |
[06:36] | Oh, don’t be insulted. | 别觉得被侮辱了 |
[06:37] | Besides, you can’t argue with results. | 再说 结果好一切都好 |
[06:40] | My goodness. | 我的天哪 |
[06:48] | It’s about time you showed up. | 你总算来了 |
[06:52] | May I offer my condolences on the death of your husband? | 请允许我表达对你已故丈夫的哀悼 |
[06:55] | Yes. It’s very sad. | 是的 非常悲惨 |
[06:56] | When can you post bail and get me out of here? | 你什么时候能把我保释出去 |
[06:59] | Well, this is only a courtesy visit. | 这只是个礼节性拜访 |
[07:00] | I came to tell you I can’t serve as your attorney in this matter. | 我是来告诉你我不能在这件事上做你的律师 |
[07:04] | It would be a conflict of interest. | 会有利益冲突 |
[07:06] | But you’re my family lawyer. | 但你是我家的律师 |
[07:07] | I was your late husband’s lawyer, | 我是你已故丈夫的律师 |
[07:10] | and you’re not the only member of his family. | 而你不是家庭的唯一成员 |
[07:11] | His daughter engaged my services a week ago. | 他女儿一周前让我做她的律师 |
[07:14] | And since your interests and hers don’t quite align, | 因为你和她的利益并不一致 |
[07:16] | I can’t represent you both. | 我无法代理你们两人 |
[07:18] | Then who is going to bail me out? | 那谁来保释我出去 |
[07:19] | Yes, about that, the judge denied bail. | 关于这点 法官不同意保释 |
[07:23] | What? | 什么 |
[07:23] | Catherine told him if you were set free, | 凯瑟琳跟他说 如果你出狱了 |
[07:25] | you’d pose a danger to her. | 会对她有危险 |
[07:27] | And he believed her? | 他相信她了吗 |
[07:29] | The judge was a personal friend of Mr. Castillo’s. | 法官是卡斯蒂罗先生的私人好友 |
[07:32] | He wishes to spare | 他不希望 |
[07:33] | his now orphaned daughter any further distress. | 好友的孤儿女儿遭遇任何痛苦 |
[07:36] | Orphaned? She’s 50. | 孤儿 她都五十岁了 |
[07:37] | What about my distress? I’m the fucking widow. | 那我的痛苦呢 我都成寡妇了 |
[07:41] | A circumstance you might have avoided | 如果你多点耐心 少点毒药 |
[07:42] | with a little more patience and a little less poison. | 就不会成寡妇了 |
[07:47] | Wait! | 等等 |
[07:50] | Ah. Hello, ladies. Lovely to see you today. | 女士们好 今天很高兴见到大家 |
[07:53] | Doctor, have you heard the news? | 医生 您听说新闻了吗 |
[07:55] | News? What news? | 新闻 什么新闻 |
[07:57] | It was just on the radio. | 电台里刚刚才提到 |
[07:58] | Rita Castillo has been arrested. | 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗被逮捕了 |
[08:01] | Arrested? | 逮捕了 |
[08:02] | Yes. They’re saying she killed her husband. | 是的 说她杀了自己丈夫 |
[08:05] | Isn’t it just terrible? | 真是太糟糕了 |
[08:10] | Please. | 请进 |
[08:14] | Doctor? | 医生 |
[08:16] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[08:19] | No, I-I don’t think I am. | 不 我有事 |
[08:30] | Hello? | 你好 |
[08:31] | Oh, thank God you picked up. | 谢天谢地你接电话了 |
[08:33] | Rita, are you still in jail? | 丽塔 你还被关在监狱吗 |
[08:34] | Yes, I am. Thanks to Catherine. | 是的 多亏了凯瑟琳 |
[08:37] | Now listen. I need you to do something. | 听好了 我需要你帮忙 |
[08:39] | Anything you need, Rita. | 没问题 丽塔 |
[08:42] | Get the cash in my desk. | 去拿我桌子里的现金 |
[08:44] | Then go to Vern Loomis and pay for the photos | 然后找维恩·卢米斯 给他钱 |
[08:46] | he took of Catherine last night. | 买他昨晚偷拍的凯瑟琳的照片 |
[08:50] | – The photos of Catherine having sex? – Yes. | -凯瑟琳做爱的照片吗 -是的 |
[08:52] | Go through all the photos, | 仔细翻看照片 |
[08:54] | and pick the one where Catherine looks as indecent as possible. | 选一张凯瑟琳最下流的照片 |
[08:56] | – Then what? – Show it to her. | -之后怎么做 -给她看 |
[08:58] | Tell her everyone she knows is gonna get a copy of that photo, | 告诉她如果她不请求法官给我保释 |
[09:00] | if she doesn’t tell the judge to give me bail. | 她认识的所有人将收到这张照片 |
[09:05] | And then tell Vern I need to see him today. | 然后告诉维恩我今天要见他 |
[09:07] | Sorry. I got to go. | 抱歉 我得挂了 |
[09:26] | Oh. Bertie. | 伯特 |
[09:28] | What are you doing home? | 你回家做什么 |
[09:29] | Rita Castillo has been arrested. | 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗被逮捕了 |
[09:31] | Oh. I know. I heard. | 我知道 我听说了 |
[09:34] | – Oh, it’s shocking. – Shocking? | -这太震惊了 -震惊 |
[09:36] | Confounding, more like. | 更像是疑惑吧 |
[09:37] | How did they find out that Carlo was poisoned? | 他们是怎么发现卡洛是被毒死的 |
[09:39] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:41] | The drug you used can’t be detected. Right? | 你下的药是察觉不到的 对吧 |
[09:43] | Not unless you test for it. | 除非你专门做检测 |
[09:45] | No one ever has, not once. | 从没有人检测过 一次都没有 |
[09:46] | – Careful. – What? | -注意了 -怎么了 |
[09:47] | People are watching. | 大家看着呢 |
[09:51] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[09:53] | Your friend is in jail. | 你朋友被抓去牢里了 |
[09:55] | It’s our fault. | 是我们害了她 |
[09:56] | Why aren’t you upset? | 你为什么一点都不难过 |
[09:57] | Well, I am. | 我难过啊 |
[09:59] | Haven’t you ever heard of putting on a brave face? | 但你没听说过勇敢面对吗 |
[10:02] | Perhaps we should call the police. | 或许我们应该报警 |
[10:03] | Tell them they’ve made a mistake. | 告诉他们搞错了 |
[10:06] | And when they ask how we know that, what will we tell them? | 他们要是问我们是怎么知道的 我们该如何回答 |
[10:08] | I’m not sure, but we can’t just let her rot in jail. | 我也不知道 但是我们不能让她在监狱里受罪 |
[10:11] | Oh, Bertram, relax. | 伯特伦 放松点 |
[10:12] | The police can’t prove Rita did something she didn’t do. | 警察无法证明丽塔做了她根本没做的事 |
[10:15] | Let’s hope you’re right. | 但愿你是对的 |
[10:17] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[10:19] | I’m sure everything will work out exactly as it should. | 我相信一切都会顺其自然发展的 |
[10:25] | Where are you off to? | 你这是要去哪儿 |
[10:26] | Oh, I have some unfinished business to attend to. | 我还有一些事没做完 |
[10:29] | Downtown. Put those in the good vase. | 在市中心 把这些放进花瓶里 |
[10:31] | I’ll be back soon to make a nice dinner. | 我会很快回来做顿丰盛的晚餐 |
[10:33] | And don’t forget, | 别忘了 |
[10:35] | tonight we’re meeting our future son-in-law. | 今晚我们要见未来的女婿 |
[10:37] | All things considered, | 从各个方面来说 |
[10:40] | it’s a happy day. | 今天真是个好日子 |
[10:54] | Well? | 那么 |
[10:55] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[10:56] | My parents can’t wait to meet you, | 我父母迫不及待想见你 |
[10:57] | and dinner will be served at 7:30. | 晚餐七点半开始 |
[11:01] | And you told them everything? | 你把一切都告诉他们了吗 |
[11:02] | About the engagement and the baby? | 关于订婚 还有孩子 |
[11:04] | I told them we’re engaged. | 我告诉他们我们订婚了 |
[11:06] | That was enough happiness for one morning. | 一个好消息就够了 |
[11:11] | Look, I just want them to know how much I love you. | 我只想让他们知道我有多爱你 |
[11:14] | And I don’t mind that you’re carrying another man’s child. | 而且我不介意你怀着别人的孩子 |
[11:17] | Oh. You think that’ll make ’em see what a good guy you are? | 你觉得这能让他们看出来你是个好人吗 |
[11:20] | Maybe a little. | 也许有一点 |
[11:21] | And you’ll look noble. | 你看起来会很高尚 |
[11:23] | Well, yeah. | 没错 |
[11:24] | Question. | 提问 |
[11:26] | Once I admit I got knocked up by a completely different guy, | 一旦我向他们坦白我被另一个男人搞大了肚子 |
[11:30] | how will I look? | 他们会怎么看我 |
[11:33] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[11:35] | What’s the plan? | 有什么计划 |
[11:37] | We don’t speak a word of Junior | 我们对这个小家伙只字不提 |
[11:38] | until we’re being pelted with rice. | 直到我们在婚礼上被祝福 |
[11:42] | Yeah, but what if you’re showing before the wedding? | 要是你在婚礼之前就显现出孕态了呢 |
[11:45] | Don’t you think people will have questions? | 你不觉得人们会有疑问吗 |
[11:47] | It’s the one upside to being a big girl. | 这就是作为胖女孩的好处之一 |
[11:50] | No one ever dares ask if you’re pregnant. | 没人敢问你是不是怀孕了 |
[12:03] | Miss Catherine… | 凯瑟琳小姐… |
[12:05] | I’m going to run some errands. Do you need anything? | 我去办点事 你有什么需要吗 |
[12:45] | Isabel. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[13:30] | I work for Rita Castillo. | 我替丽塔·卡斯蒂罗工作 |
[13:32] | My condolences. | 节哀顺变 |
[13:34] | She called from jail, asked me to get the photos you took. | 她从监狱打来电话 让我来拿你拍的照片 |
[13:37] | I figured as much. | 我猜也是 |
[13:39] | Here you go, 33 photos and the negatives to boot. | 给你 33张照片和底片 |
[13:42] | Thanks. | 感谢 |
[13:44] | There’s something else. | 还有一件事 |
[13:46] | Always is with that dame. | 这女人总是这样 |
[13:48] | Mrs. Castillo needs you to come see her in jail. Today. | 卡斯蒂罗太太要你去监狱看她 就今天 |
[13:53] | Still demanding, even behind bars. | 即使在监狱里 依然有很多要求 |
[13:56] | She expects you there by 4:00. | 她希望你四点前赶到 |
[14:02] | And for the record, Mr. Loomis, | 也请你记住 卢米斯先生 |
[14:04] | Rita Castillo is not a dame. | 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗不是夫人 |
[14:06] | She’s a fucking lady. | 她是女主人 |
[14:13] | I am sure it’s all just a horrible misunderstanding. | 我敢说这肯定是个天大的误会 |
[14:17] | I mean, Rita’s no angel, but… | 丽塔虽然没那么善良 但是… |
[14:20] | she’s no killer either. | 她也不会杀人啊 |
[14:22] | She did tell us Carlo is a brute. | 她的确跟我们说过卡洛很野蛮 |
[14:24] | But when your husband is that old, you don’t kill him, | 但是丈夫都那么老了 你是不会杀他的 |
[14:26] | you just wait. | 等着他死就行了 |
[14:29] | But look who I’m telling. | 但是看看我对谁说呢 |
[14:31] | What are you implying? | 你在暗示什么 |
[14:33] | I adored my Edgar. | 我爱我家埃德加 |
[14:36] | And I miss him every day. | 我每天都很想他 |
[14:43] | Excuse me just a moment. | 恕我失陪一下 |
[14:53] | – Excuse me. – Thank you. | -抱歉 -谢谢 |
[14:56] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[14:59] | – Hello. – Oh, Mavis. | -你好啊 -梅维斯 |
[15:01] | I love your hat. So chic. | 我喜欢你的帽子 真雅致 |
[15:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:06] | How are you doing? | 你近来可好 |
[15:07] | Oh. I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[15:09] | Certainly better than Rita. | 肯定比丽塔过得好 |
[15:10] | I’m sure you’ve heard the news. | 你肯定听说了吧 |
[15:12] | What about Rita? | 丽塔怎么了 |
[15:13] | You haven’t seen the papers? Rita’s been arrested. | 你没看报纸吗 丽塔被逮捕了 |
[15:16] | For what? | 为什么 |
[15:17] | Drunk driving? | 醉驾吗 |
[15:18] | For murder. | 因为谋杀 |
[15:20] | They’re saying she poisoned Carlo. | 传闻说她给卡洛下毒了 |
[15:24] | She actually went through with it. | 她居然真下手了 |
[15:25] | What? | 什么 |
[15:27] | Oh, I… | 我… |
[15:29] | I shouldn’t have said that. | 我不该说的 |
[15:30] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[15:33] | What have you heard? | 你听说什么了 |
[15:34] | Well… | 其实… |
[15:35] | You know when you all came over, | 你们都去我家那次 |
[15:37] | she and I spoke for quite some time in the kitchen. | 我和她在厨房聊了好一会 |
[15:40] | Oh, I remember. | 我记得 |
[15:41] | We were in the other room saying, “what is that about?” | 我们都在另一个房间讨论你们在说什么 |
[15:43] | She confided in me that she was having an affair | 她跟我透露她有婚外情 |
[15:46] | and that Carlo was on to her. | 而且卡洛盯上她了 |
[15:48] | She was worried that he might divorce her | 她担心他可能会跟她离婚 |
[15:50] | and-and leave her without a dime. | 一分钱都不留给她 |
[15:52] | But then she said that she had a plan to stop him. | 但是她又说自己有计划阻止他 |
[15:55] | I didn’t take it seriously because she was so… | 我那时没当真 因为她… |
[15:59] | drunk, but now I… | 醉得太厉害了 但是现在… |
[16:01] | Divorce. | 离婚 |
[16:03] | – That would explain a lot. – Yes. | -这能说明很多问题 -是啊 |
[16:05] | Please don’t repeat this. | 拜托别告诉别人 |
[16:07] | I would hate for word to get out. | 我不想让这话传出去 |
[16:09] | Everyone in town would think that Rita is guilty. | 那样城里所有人都该觉得是丽塔干的了 |
[16:12] | And who knows? I… | 谁知道呢 我… |
[16:14] | Maybe I’m wrong. | 可能是我错了 |
[16:16] | – I will take it to my grave. – Thank you. | -我打死都不会说出去的 -谢谢你 |
[16:19] | – It’s so lovely to see you, Alma. – You as well. | -见到你很高兴 艾尔玛 -我也是 |
[16:22] | Oh, have a wonderful day. | 祝你有愉快的一天 |
[16:23] | – Yes, bye. – Bye now. | -好 再见 -再见啦 |
[16:33] | I just saw Alma Fillcot in the restroom. | 我刚才在洗手间遇到艾尔玛·菲尔科特 |
[16:36] | Are you ladies ready for the bill? | 女士们要结账了吗 |
[16:38] | Oh, no thank you, Joe. | 不 谢谢 乔 |
[16:39] | We have lots more to discuss. | 我们还有很多话要聊 |
[16:45] | …and he was going to divorce her. | …他本来打算休了她 |
[16:50] | I know what you think of me, | 我知道你怎么看我 |
[16:52] | but I did not kill Carlo! | 但我没杀卡洛 |
[16:55] | Relax. | 冷静点 |
[16:57] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[16:58] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[16:59] | But don’t get me wrong, | 但别误会 |
[17:01] | I think you’re capable of murder. | 我认为你干得出杀人的事 |
[17:03] | But you’d hire some goon to do it while you were on vacation. | 但你会在自己外出度假时雇凶杀人 |
[17:06] | You wouldn’t be upstairs taking a nap. | 不会在案发时待在楼上睡觉 |
[17:09] | See. | 瞧 |
[17:11] | I know you, Rita. | 我很了解你 丽塔 |
[17:14] | You may be evil, | 你这人也许很邪恶 |
[17:16] | but you’re not stupid. | 但你不蠢 |
[17:18] | I’m sure there was a compliment in there somewhere. | 你这应该是恭维我的话吧 |
[17:24] | So you’ll help me? | 这么说你会帮我 |
[17:25] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[17:27] | I got to get permission first. | 我要先得到允许 |
[17:28] | From who? | 谁的允许 |
[17:29] | My girlfriend. | 我女朋友 |
[17:31] | What’s she got to do with it? | 这跟她有什么关系 |
[17:33] | Long story. | 说来话长 |
[17:34] | I’ll tell you sometime. | 改天再告诉你 |
[17:35] | You might even laugh about it. | 你没准还会觉得好笑 |
[17:40] | But probably not. | 但多半不会 |
[17:47] | I spoke to Rita today. | 我今天和丽塔聊过了 |
[17:49] | What did she have to say? | 她说什么了 |
[17:51] | She wants you to call the judge | 她要你打电话给法官 |
[17:52] | and tell him to give her bail, or else. | 叫他准许她保释 否则要你好看 |
[17:56] | She’s threatening me? With what? | 她威胁我 凭什么 |
[18:00] | This. | 凭这个 |
[18:06] | I assume your photographer took several of these. | 你的摄影师应该拍了好几张吧 |
[18:12] | Did he get any from a better angle? | 他有没有拍到角度更好的 |
[18:14] | My breasts are much more impressive than that. | 我的双峰比照片里傲人多了 |
[18:17] | This is no bluff. | 这不是虚张声势 |
[18:19] | We’ll send copies to everyone in Texas. | 我们会给得州所有人都寄一份 |
[18:20] | You won’t be able to show your face there again. | 让你以后在得州没脸见人 |
[18:24] | That would be awkward. | 那就尴尬了 |
[18:26] | Luckily, I have no intention of going back. | 幸好我没打算回去 |
[18:29] | What? | 什么 |
[18:30] | I prefer it here. | 我更喜欢这里 |
[18:32] | You know, I have a bigger house, nicer weather, a lover. | 房子更大 天气更怡人 我还有个情人 |
[18:36] | I had a picture of him somewhere. | 我有张他的照片 |
[18:38] | Oh, right. | 找到了 |
[18:40] | Here it is. | 在这儿呢 |
[18:42] | The only thing I didn’t like about California was Rita. | 加州唯一让我不喜欢的就是丽塔 |
[18:45] | But now that she has different accommodations… | 但她现在到别的地方去”住”了 |
[18:48] | But-but you love Texas. | 但你喜欢得克萨斯 |
[18:50] | You lived there your whole life. | 你在那里住了一辈子 |
[18:51] | I’m not as sentimental about the past as some. | 我不像某些人那么念旧 |
[18:55] | Take you, for instance. | 比如你 |
[18:59] | Holding on to all these old letters | 还留着丽塔多年前写给你的 |
[19:02] | that Rita wrote you years ago. | 这些旧信 |
[19:04] | How did you get those? | 你怎么拿到这些信的 |
[19:09] | “Relax, Isabel. | “别紧张 伊莎贝尔 |
[19:11] | “No one’s found Harry’s body yet, | 还没人找到哈里的尸体 |
[19:14] | and we’re never going back to Galveston.” | 而且我们再也不会回加尔维斯顿了” |
[19:17] | I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[19:19] | which Harry from Galveston this is, | 这是加尔维斯顿的哪个哈里 |
[19:21] | but I intend to find out. | 但我打算查清楚 |
[19:23] | So, in answer to your question, | 所以回答你的问题 |
[19:26] | no, I won’t get Rita out of jail. | 我不会把丽塔从监狱里救出来 |
[19:29] | And if you continue talking to Rita, | 如果你继续跟丽塔联系 |
[19:32] | I will put you in there with her. | 我就把你送进监狱去陪她 |
[19:35] | You’re an evil bitch. You know that? | 你这个邪恶的贱人 你知道吗 |
[19:38] | Well, you can’t blackmail me. | 你威胁不了我 |
[19:41] | Because I quit. | 因为我不干了 |
[19:44] | Isabel, before you go… | 伊莎贝尔 趁你还没走 |
[19:47] | One more cup? | 再给我来一杯 |
[19:49] | For old times’ sake? | 看在过去的份上 |
[20:05] | Scooter, I don’t know what I’m doing here. | 斯库特 我不知道我为什么会在这里 |
[20:07] | I did not kill Carlo. | 我没有杀卡洛 |
[20:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:10] | Someone must have framed you! | 一定有人陷害你 |
[20:13] | No, I wasn’t just saying that for the guards. | 不 我这句话不仅是说给狱警听的 |
[20:15] | I really am innocent. | 我真的是无辜的 |
[20:17] | Then what was that poison doing in your purse? | 那为什么毒药会在你的包里 |
[20:21] | What? | 什么 |
[20:22] | How did you know about that? | 你怎么会知道这个 |
[20:24] | It wasn’t in the papers. | 报纸上没登过 |
[20:26] | Catherine told me. | 凯瑟琳告诉我的 |
[20:27] | She’s still speaking to you? | 她跟你还有联系 |
[20:29] | Why wouldn’t she be? | 为什么不会有 |
[20:30] | Well, I told you to stop kissing her | 我跟你说过只要维恩拍到照片 |
[20:31] | once Vern got the photo. | 就别再亲她了 |
[20:34] | Most women would be offended | 大部分女人都会因男人约会到一半 |
[20:35] | by a man pulling away mid-tryst. | 就离开而生气 |
[20:39] | Well… that was the plan. | 好吧 计划确实是这样 |
[20:42] | But, well… | 不过… |
[20:44] | – once we got going… – Wait. | -我们一开始亲热后… -等等 |
[20:47] | You actually… | 你真的 |
[20:50] | fucked her? | 跟她上床了 |
[20:52] | Well, at least I kept her distracted | 至少我一直在分散她的注意力 |
[20:53] | while you were doing… whatever. | 而你在做… 鬼知道什么事 |
[20:56] | I did not murder Carlo! | 我没有杀卡洛 |
[20:58] | Of course you didn’t! | 你当然没有 |
[21:00] | I am very angry with you right now. | 你气死我了 |
[21:04] | Well, then maybe I should lay low for a while. | 也许我应该消失一段时间 |
[21:06] | You know, some folks might consider me a motive. | 有人可能会觉得我就是动机 |
[21:09] | Are you dumping me? | 你要甩了我吗 |
[21:10] | I-I’m just saying no more visits in jail. | 我只是说不探监了 |
[21:13] | It makes you look guilty. | 显得你好像有罪的样子 |
[21:16] | And… | 而且… |
[21:17] | maybe me, too. | 显得我也好像有罪 |
[21:19] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[21:21] | – Guard. – Wait. | -守卫 -等一下 |
[21:22] | Scooter. | 斯库特 |
[21:24] | Please don’t go. | 别走 |
[21:27] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:29] | Bye, Aunt Rita. | 再见 丽塔姨妈 |
[21:36] | I know I said 7:30. | 我知道我说的是七点半 |
[21:38] | Maybe the traffic’s bad. | 也许是堵车了 |
[21:41] | Etiquette experts say | 礼仪专家说 |
[21:41] | that you shouldn’t be right on time for dinner. | 晚餐不应该准时到 |
[21:44] | The hostess might be running behind. | 也许女主人会有点还没准备周全 |
[21:45] | It’s polite to be a bit late. | 迟一点到是礼貌的表现 |
[21:47] | He’s not usually this polite. | 他通常不是这样展现礼貌的 |
[21:53] | Oh, thank God. I was getting worried. | 谢天谢地 我还以为你出什么事了 |
[21:55] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:56] | I was working on a new case. | 我正在处理一个新案子 |
[21:58] | Mom, Dad, this is Vern. | 爸爸 妈妈 他就是维恩 |
[22:00] | – Hello. – It’s nice to meet you both. | -你好 -很高兴见到你们 |
[22:00] | Bertram Fillcot. How are you? | 我叫伯特伦·菲尔科特 你好 |
[22:02] | Dee said you liked flowers. | 小迪说你很喜欢鲜花 |
[22:03] | What lovely blooms. | 开得真漂亮 |
[22:04] | – Not as pretty as your garden. – Oh, well… | -不如你花园里的好看 -这就… |
[22:07] | Flattery will get you everywhere. | 嘴甜的人干什么都能成 |
[22:09] | Please, come in, sit down. | 请进 坐吧 |
[22:11] | Now, I heard you mention to Dee something about a new case. | 我刚刚听你跟小迪说什么新案子的事情 |
[22:13] | What exactly do you do for a living? | 你是做什么工作的 |
[22:16] | He’s a detective. | 他是个侦探 |
[22:19] | Mom, are you all right? | 妈妈 你没事吧 |
[22:21] | Yes. | 没事 |
[22:22] | Yes. It’s just a little thorn. | 就是被刺到了 |
[22:24] | Are you with the police? | 你是警察吗 |
[22:26] | I used to be, before the war. | 战争之前是的 |
[22:28] | Now I’m a private detective. | 现在我是个私家侦探 |
[22:29] | Oh, a private detective. | 私家侦探 |
[22:31] | Oh, that’s much better. | 这要好得多 |
[22:34] | I mean, it’s so much more exciting. | 我的意思是这要有趣得多 |
[22:36] | Not too exciting. | 也不是特别有趣 |
[22:37] | Mostly I work missing persons cases, divorces. | 我大多数的案子都是失踪 离婚之类的 |
[22:39] | It’s how me met. | 我们就是这样认识的 |
[22:41] | Vern came into the diner ’cause he was tailing a guy. | 维恩因为在跟踪一男的才进了餐厅 |
[22:43] | Next thing I knew, I was tailing your daughter. | 接下来我就是在跟着你女儿了 |
[22:49] | That sounded creepy, huh? | 这话听上去有些瘆人 是吗 |
[22:50] | Yes, a little bit. | 是有点 |
[22:52] | I’m going to put these in water. | 我打算把花插到花瓶里去 |
[22:53] | Bertram, will you help me in the kitchen? | 伯特伦 来厨房帮我一下好吗 |
[22:55] | Yes. | 好的 |
[22:59] | So far, so good. | 到此为止都不错吧 |
[23:00] | Hey. What’s this new case? | 是个什么新案子啊 |
[23:03] | About that… | 这个啊… |
[23:04] | if I decide to take it, the fee could buy us a house. | 如果我接了这个案子 酬劳可以让我们买栋房子 |
[23:07] | A house? | 一栋房子 |
[23:08] | My God, who’s the client? | 天啊 客户是谁 |
[23:11] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[23:12] | Dinner is served! | 晚饭好了 |
[23:13] | Thank God. I am starved. | 谢天谢地 我饿坏了 |
[23:15] | Why aren’t you telling me who the client is? | 为什么你不告诉我客户是谁 |
[23:18] | It’s a long story. I’ll tell you later. | 说来话长 我晚点再告诉你 |
[23:20] | You might even laugh about it. | 你可能会觉得很好笑 |
[23:22] | But probably not. | 但也可能不会 |
[23:40] | We need more rolls. | 我们需要更多面包卷 |
[23:40] | Just taking a batch out of the oven. | 刚新鲜出炉一批 |
[23:42] | Put the basket right here. | 把篮子放在这 |
[23:46] | So? What do you think about Vern? | 你觉得维恩怎么样 |
[23:49] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[23:51] | Such lovely manners. | 很有礼貌 |
[23:52] | And the blooms he brought were well chosen. | 他带来的花也是精挑细选的 |
[23:55] | Most men haven’t a clue. | 大部分男人对此一无所知 |
[23:56] | So, you really like him? | 你真的喜欢他吗 |
[23:58] | You’re not just saying that? | 不是随便说说吧 |
[24:00] | I really like him. | 我真的喜欢他 |
[24:03] | And I hope you’ll have a nice, long engagement. | 我希望你们的订婚能美好又长久 |
[24:06] | It’ll give your father and I a chance to get to know him. | 这样你爸和我就有机会了解他了 |
[24:10] | Actually… | 其实 |
[24:11] | we wanted to get married as soon as possible. | 我们想尽快结婚 |
[24:14] | This is marriage, Dee. | 这可是婚姻 小迪 |
[24:16] | It’s not something you just jump into. | 不是说心血来潮就做的 |
[24:18] | Yeah, but… | 对 可是… |
[24:20] | Dee. | 小迪 |
[24:21] | He’s not going anywhere. | 他不会离开你 |
[24:24] | What’s the rush? | 着急什么 |
[24:28] | So, you met Dee at the diner. | 你跟小迪是在餐厅认识的 |
[24:29] | Do you, do you live near there? | 你住在那附近吗 |
[24:31] | I have a little place downtown. | 我在市区有个小住处 |
[24:33] | But he just got a case so big, it could buy us a house. | 但他刚接了一个大案子 佣金够给我们买房 |
[24:36] | Oh, wonderful. | 太好了 |
[24:37] | Who’s the client? | 客户是谁 |
[24:38] | It’s too soon to talk about it. | 现在说这个太早了 |
[24:40] | Sounds top secret. | 听起来很机密啊 |
[24:42] | I’ll bet it’s a movie star. | 我打赌是电影明星 |
[24:44] | No. | 不是 |
[24:44] | No, but you’d earn enough money to buy a house? | 不是 但你能赚到足够的钱买房子吗 |
[24:47] | Rich people pay a lot to get out of jams. | 有钱人会花很多钱摆脱困境 |
[24:49] | Oh, so it’s a rich person in a jam… | 是一位陷入困境的有钱人 |
[24:51] | That sounds like a little bit of a clue, doesn’t it? | 听起来像是个小线索 是吧 |
[24:54] | Is it Rita Castillo? | 是丽塔·卡斯蒂罗吗 |
[24:59] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[25:00] | It is Rita, isn’t it? | 就是丽塔 对吗 |
[25:02] | Can we talk about this tomorrow? | 我们能明天再说这件事吗 |
[25:03] | Why would you work for her again? | 你为什么又要为她工作 |
[25:05] | Again? | 又要 |
[25:06] | You’ve worked for Rita before? | 你曾经为丽塔工作过 |
[25:08] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Fillcot. | 抱歉 菲尔科特太太 |
[25:10] | I know you hate Rita’s guts. | 我知道你对丽塔恨之入骨 |
[25:11] | What? | 什么 |
[25:12] | What? | 什么 |
[25:14] | Vern… | 维恩… |
[25:15] | Why would you say such a thing? | 你为什么会这么说 |
[25:17] | Well, Dee told me about your history with Rita. | 小迪告诉过我你和瑞塔之前的事 |
[25:19] | How she blackballed you from her Garden Club. | 她是如何投票反对你加入园艺俱乐部的 |
[25:21] | She blackballed you? | 她投票反对吗 |
[25:22] | And she got me fired from my job. | 而且她害我失去了工作 |
[25:24] | I don’t care for her either. | 我也不喜欢她 |
[25:25] | But she swears she didn’t kill her husband. | 但是她发誓她没杀她丈夫 |
[25:27] | She said she was framed. | 她说她是被陷害的 |
[25:29] | I-I-I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[25:30] | What do you mean framed? | 你说被陷害是什么意思 |
[25:31] | The drug that killed her husband? | 杀死她丈夫的那种毒药 |
[25:33] | They found a syringe full of it in her purse. | 他们在她的手袋里找到了装满了药的注射器 |
[25:39] | Such morbid talk for the dinner table. | 在晚餐桌上就不要聊这么变态的话题了 |
[25:42] | I hope that when I come back with dessert, | 等我拿甜点回来的时候 |
[25:43] | we can change the subject. | 希望咱们可以换个话题 |
[25:51] | She found my letters? | 她找到了我的信 |
[25:55] | How? | 怎么找到的 |
[25:56] | How do you think? | 你以为呢 |
[25:57] | Catherine broke into my room. | 凯瑟琳闯进了我的房间 |
[25:59] | I told you to destroy those years ago. | 我好多年前就让你把信毁掉了 |
[26:02] | Why did you keep them? | 你为什么要留着 |
[26:04] | You know, for the memories. | 当作纪念啊 |
[26:08] | You kept them for insurance. | 你留着他们是为了保险起见 |
[26:10] | You were scared I wouldn’t give you the money | 你担心卡洛死了以后 |
[26:12] | I promised when Carlo died. | 我会不按约定给你钱 |
[26:14] | You didn’t trust me. | 你不相信我 |
[26:16] | How could I? | 我怎么信你 |
[26:17] | You lie all the time. | 你经常撒谎 |
[26:20] | To your husband, your lovers, | 骗你的丈夫 骗你的情人 |
[26:22] | to everyone. | 骗所有人 |
[26:23] | If Catherine has the letters, | 要是凯瑟琳看了信 |
[26:24] | how long before she finds out what we did in Galveston? | 她很快就会发现我们在加尔维斯顿做的事 |
[26:27] | You, you have ruined us. | 你害死咱们俩了 |
[26:29] | Us? | 咱们俩 |
[26:30] | You’re the one with poison in her purse. | 毒药可是在你手袋里找到的 |
[26:31] | How many times do I have to tell you I was framed? | 我还得跟你说多少次我是被陷害的 |
[26:37] | Any theories on who would have done something like that? | 知道有谁会做这种事吗 |
[26:41] | So that’s your next move. | 这么说这就是你的下一招 |
[26:42] | You’re going to try to pin this on me? | 你打算把这事赖到我头上 |
[26:44] | All I know is I didn’t do it. | 我只知道不是我干的 |
[26:46] | Well, neither did I. | 也不是我 |
[26:48] | And you know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[26:49] | I ain’t sticking around to find out who did. | 我也没打算留在这里查出真凶 |
[26:52] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[26:53] | Tomorrow I’m buying a bus ticket for parts unknown. | 明天我就买张车票去个没人知道的地方 |
[26:56] | What, you’re just going to leave me here to rot? | 什么 你打算把我一个人留在这里不管 |
[26:59] | Catherine’s on to us. | 凯瑟琳盯上咱们了 |
[27:01] | I got to get the hell out of Dodge. | 我得离开这个地方 |
[27:02] | The ingratitude. | 不知感激的东西 |
[27:05] | I gave you a home, a job. | 我给了你一个家 一份工作 |
[27:06] | A job as a maid. | 一份当女佣的工作 |
[27:10] | We’re blood. | 我们是亲戚 |
[27:11] | And somewhere along the way, you forgot that. | 但在某个时候 你忘了这一点 |
[27:13] | Well, I quit. | 我辞职不干了 |
[27:15] | This is one mess you’re going to have to clean up yourself. | 这次你自己的麻烦要自己收拾了 |
[27:25] | You said that Rita was your friend. | 你说过丽塔是你的朋友 |
[27:26] | That she wanted you in the club. | 她想让你加入俱乐部 |
[27:27] | That’s what she said, but she lied. | 她嘴上是这么说 可惜不是真话 |
[27:30] | Is this why you asked me to kill Carlo? | 所以你就让我杀了卡洛 |
[27:31] | Now is not the time. | 现在不是说这些的时候 |
[27:33] | Alma, did you put that syringe in her purse? | 艾尔玛 她包里的注射器是你放的吗 |
[27:38] | What I did or didn’t do doesn’t matter at this point. | 现在究竟是不是我已经不重要了 |
[27:40] | What matters is that Dee is engaged to a man | 重要的是小迪的订婚对象 |
[27:43] | who wants to prove Rita is innocent. | 想为丽塔洗清冤屈 |
[27:45] | But she is innocent. | 可她的确是无辜的 |
[27:46] | And we are not. | 可我们不是 |
[27:48] | See the problem? | 明白问题在哪了吗 |
[27:49] | You deceived me. | 你骗了我 |
[27:50] | You used me as a murder weapon. | 你把我当作杀人工具 |
[27:52] | Stop whining. | 别叽叽歪歪了 |
[27:53] | Get the ice cream. | 去拿冰淇淋 |
[27:56] | How can you work for Rita | 丽塔这样对待我的家人 |
[27:57] | after all she’s done to this family? | 你怎么还为她工作 |
[27:59] | Well, helping us buy a house | 帮我们攒够买房子的钱 |
[28:00] | is a nice way to apologize. | 也算是表达歉意的一种方式 |
[28:02] | God, this night is a disaster. | 老天 今晚真是糟糕透了 |
[28:04] | I know, it’s awkward. | 没错 太尴尬了 |
[28:05] | But we have to think about our future | 但我们必须考虑到未来 |
[28:07] | and the home we want to make for the baby. | 以及想给宝宝一个什么样的家 |
[28:09] | Baby? | 宝宝 |
[28:11] | Oh, boy. | 我的天 |
[28:13] | Dee, do you mean to say that…? | 小迪 你是说 |
[28:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:18] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[28:19] | What? | 什么 |
[28:20] | It’s not mine. | 孩子不是我的 |
[28:25] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:27] | That made it less awkward. | 没之前那么尴尬了 |
[28:39] | Thank you, Vern. | 谢谢你 维恩 |
[28:41] | Just put those on the counter, please. | 放在台子上就好了 |
[28:51] | For what it’s worth, | 我还是要说 |
[28:53] | I’m sorry you had to find out about the baby like that. | 很抱歉让你在这样的情况下知道消息 |
[28:56] | We should’ve told you sooner. | 我们早就应该告诉你 |
[29:00] | And you don’t have to worry. | 不过您不必担心 |
[29:03] | I plan to take good care of Dee and the baby. | 我会好好照顾小迪和孩子 |
[29:08] | But I do worry. | 但我确实担心 |
[29:11] | Mostly about your job. | 主要是你的工作 |
[29:14] | My job? | 我的工作 |
[29:16] | Well, you’re a private detective. | 你是个私家侦探 |
[29:18] | That’s dangerous work. | 这份工作很危险 |
[29:21] | Dee could end up a widow before her first anniversary. | 很可能婚后不到一年 小迪就要做寡妇了 |
[29:24] | No. | 不是的 |
[29:25] | It’s not what it seems like in the movies. | 不是电影里演的那样 |
[29:27] | Don’t you investigate people’s secrets? | 你不是调查人们的秘密吗 |
[29:31] | Expose things they’re desperate to keep hidden? | 把他们希望永不见天日的事公之于众 |
[29:33] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[29:36] | And I assume you carry a gun. | 你一定随身携枪吧 |
[29:38] | When it’s necessary. | 必要的时候会带上 |
[29:40] | So you admit it? | 所以你承认了 |
[29:41] | There’s risk. | 太冒险了 |
[29:44] | I am not going to get myself killed. | 我不会让自己有事的 |
[29:46] | That’s what they all say. | 你们这些人都这么说 |
[29:49] | Mrs. Fillcot, being a P.I. Is, is how I make my living. | 菲尔科特太太 做私家侦探是我的收入来源 |
[29:53] | Why not drive a taxi? | 为什么不开出租车 |
[29:55] | Or work in a factory? | 或者在工厂上班 |
[29:57] | There are safer ways to bring home a paycheck. | 这些更安全的工作也能把钱赚回家 |
[30:01] | Are you asking me to quit my job? | 你是要求我放弃现在的工作吗 |
[30:03] | Oh, Vern. | 维恩 |
[30:05] | You’re asking me | 你要我 |
[30:06] | to bless this hasty union with my daughter. | 祝福你和我女儿草率的联姻 |
[30:09] | And she’s pregnant with another man’s child? | 而她还怀着另一个男人的孩子 |
[30:14] | A little compromise makes for happier families. | 适当的妥协会让家庭变得更幸福 |
[30:18] | Don’t you agree? | 你不这样觉得吗 |
[30:28] | Thank you for coming by. | 谢谢你来看我 |
[30:30] | – You sounded upset on the phone. – I am. | -你在电话里好像很沮丧 -是的 |
[30:32] | Something unpleasant came to my attention. | 我注意到了一些不好的事情 |
[30:34] | It involves Rita and me… | 这涉及到丽塔和我 |
[30:38] | and you as well. | 还有你 |
[30:40] | Me? | 我 |
[30:42] | The night Papa died, | 爸爸去世的那晚 |
[30:44] | when we came back here and… you know. | 我们回到这儿然后 你知道的 |
[30:47] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[30:48] | It appears there were photographs taken. | 现在看来那天有人在拍照 |
[30:53] | Of us. | 拍我们 |
[30:55] | Undressed. | 赤身 |
[30:56] | Listen, uh, about those photos… | 听着 关于那些照片 |
[30:59] | You knew about them? | 你知道照片的事 |
[31:00] | Well, yeah. | 是的 |
[31:01] | When Rita came to me, I… | 那时候丽塔来找我 我 |
[31:03] | She tried to blackmail you, too? | 她也试图要勒索你吗 |
[31:07] | She sure did. | 是的 |
[31:09] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:11] | I didn’t know she had us followed. | 我不知道她跟踪了我们 |
[31:13] | She’s sneaky, that one. | 她很卑鄙 |
[31:15] | No, she’s hateful. | 不 她可恶至极 |
[31:17] | You know, one thing is to attack me, | 攻击我是一回事 |
[31:18] | but to drag an innocent young man into her vendetta… | 但把一个无辜青年卷进她的复仇… |
[31:23] | What ya gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[31:24] | So, do you really think she killed Carlo? | 那你真的觉得她杀了卡洛吗 |
[31:27] | Well, if not her, then who? | 如果不是她 还会是谁 |
[31:30] | That’s what I keep wondering. | 我也一直在想 |
[31:33] | So… you’re not angry at me? | 这么说 你不生我的气 |
[31:38] | At you? | 生你的气 |
[31:39] | No. We’re golden. | 不 我们情比金坚 |
[31:43] | I’m so glad. | 我很高兴 |
[31:45] | You know, our maid quit today. | 我们的女仆今天不干了 |
[31:47] | And with Papa gone and Rita in jail… | 爸爸去世 而丽塔进了监狱 |
[31:51] | I’m going to be all by myself in this cold, | 我要独自一人待在这冰冷 |
[31:54] | empty house. | 空荡的房子里 |
[31:56] | And I wouldn’t mind it so much if you were here | 如果你想留在这里陪着我 |
[31:59] | to keep me company. | 我是不会太介意的 |
[32:03] | Are you asking me to move in? | 你是想让我搬进来吗 |
[32:05] | Here? | 搬到这里 |
[32:07] | I need a reason to get up in the mornings. | 我需要一个让我起床的理由 |
[32:10] | And it would be very nice to have someone to take care of. | 而且我希望有个人能给予关爱 |
[32:17] | Well… | 这个 |
[32:20] | I sure wouldn’t want you to be lonely. | 我自然不想让你孤身一人 |
[32:24] | Thank you, my darling boy. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[32:29] | Hey, you’re cold. | 你很冷吧 |
[32:31] | Let me start you a fire. | 我去帮你生火 |
[32:32] | Oh, Scooter. | 斯库特 |
[32:34] | You already have. | 你已燃起我的心火 |
[32:38] | – Thanks, Mom. – Thank you. – Night. | -谢谢妈妈 -谢谢 -晚安 |
[32:39] | – Of course. Drive safely. – Take care. | -小心驾驶 -保重 |
[32:43] | Saw you talking to my mom in the kitchen. | 我看到你和我妈妈在厨房聊天 |
[32:45] | What was that all about? | 你们在聊些什么 |
[32:48] | She wants me to stop being a detective. | 她想让我别再干侦探这一行了 |
[32:50] | What? | 什么 |
[32:51] | She’s worried I’ll get shot by a crook, | 她担心我会被坏蛋枪杀 |
[32:53] | and you’ll be a widow. | 然后你就成寡妇了 |
[32:54] | Oh, geez. | 天啊 |
[32:57] | So, what does she think you’ll do for a living? | 那么她觉得你以后应该干什么工作 |
[32:59] | She suggested I drive a taxi. | 她提议我去当出租车司机 |
[33:03] | I’d rather sleep with a private detective. | 我宁愿和私家侦探睡在一起 |
[33:06] | Well… | 那好吧 |
[33:08] | that settles that. | 问题解决了 |
[33:14] | You know, it… it’s funny. | 说来有趣 |
[33:16] | Your mom didn’t seem to mind my job at first. | 你妈妈一开始并不介意我的工作 |
[33:18] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:19] | She only got weird when you said you might help Rita. | 但她在听说你可能会帮丽塔之后就变得奇怪了 |
[33:22] | Considering what Rita did to you and your mom, | 考虑到丽塔是怎么对待你和你妈妈的 |
[33:24] | maybe I shouldn’t take the case. | 也许我不应该接这个案子 |
[33:27] | Do you think Rita is innocent? | 你认为丽塔是无辜的吗 |
[33:29] | I do. | 是的 |
[33:32] | Then take the job. | 那就去做吧 |
[33:34] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[33:35] | We got a baby on the way. | 我们就要有一个孩子了 |
[33:37] | And if Rita’s willing to pay top dollar… | 如果丽塔愿意出大钱的话 |
[33:40] | But what about your mom? | 那你妈妈怎么办 |
[33:43] | I want her to like me. | 我想让她喜欢我 |
[33:44] | Honey. | 宝贝 |
[33:46] | She’s going to be your mother-in-law. | 她马上就是你的岳母了 |
[33:48] | She will never like you. | 她永远都不会喜欢你的 |
[33:56] | This evening was certainly full of surprises. Don’t you think? | 今晚可真是惊喜不断啊 你觉得呢 |
[34:02] | Are you going to sulk all night? | 你要生一整晚闷气吗 |
[34:05] | You trick me into killing Rita’s husband. | 你下套让我杀害了丽塔的丈夫 |
[34:08] | Then you have the nerve to complain that I’m sulking? | 你怎么还有胆子抱怨我生气 |
[34:11] | Why, Alma? | 为什么 艾尔玛 |
[34:13] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[34:15] | I told you. | 我告诉过你了 |
[34:17] | Rita was cruel to me. | 丽塔对我很残酷 |
[34:19] | There’s got to be more to it than that. | 这其中肯定还有别的缘由 |
[34:22] | When you’re able to explain your shocking conduct, | 等你能解释为什么做出如此令人发指的行为 |
[34:25] | come down to the sofa. | 就到沙发那儿来找我 |
[34:27] | Explain it to me there. | 在那里跟我解释清楚 |
[34:29] | That’s where I’ll be sleeping tonight. | 我今晚就睡那里 |
[34:56] | Mr. Loomis? | 卢米斯先生 |
[34:59] | Six in the morning. | 早上六点 |
[34:59] | What are you doing here so early? | 你这么早来这里做什么 |
[35:02] | I owe you one, Frank. | 我欠你个人情 弗兰克 |
[35:03] | – You got five minutes. – That’s all I need. | -给你五分钟 -够了 |
[35:06] | I’m going to take your case. | 我会接你的案子 |
[35:08] | Wonderful. | 好极了 |
[35:10] | I didn’t think you would. | 我没想到你会接 |
[35:12] | I know you don’t think much of me. | 我知道你不怎么喜欢我 |
[35:14] | I don’t got to like you to think you’re innocent. | 我不需要喜欢你才能觉得你是无辜的 |
[35:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:18] | So… | 那么 |
[35:20] | I’m going to need a list of all your enemies. | 我需要你所有仇人的名单 |
[35:22] | All of ’em? | 全部吗 |
[35:24] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[35:27] | You’re going to need more than five minutes. | 五分钟可不够 |
[35:41] | Hi. Oh, I hope it’s not too early. | 你好 希望不会太早 |
[35:43] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[35:44] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[35:47] | My house is a mess. | 我家一团糟 |
[35:48] | – Let’s, let’s talk out here. – Oh, all right. | -我们出去说 -好吧 |
[35:54] | Oh, Alma. | 艾尔玛 |
[35:56] | I just… | 我只是 |
[35:57] | I wanted you to know the whole club feels terribly | 我想让你知道 整个俱乐部都对 |
[36:01] | about the way Rita treated you. | 丽塔那样对你感到很抱歉 |
[36:03] | Promising you a spot and then stabbing you in the back. | 答应给你一个名额 却在背后捅你一刀 |
[36:07] | I’m sure she had her reasons. | 我相信她有她的理由 |
[36:09] | Be that as it may, | 即便如此 |
[36:10] | there may be room for a new member soon. | 也许很快就有新的名额了 |
[36:14] | Now, Rita is innocent until proven guilty. | 丽塔在被证明有罪之前都是清白的 |
[36:17] | But… | 但是 |
[36:18] | this whole scandal is just so salacious | 这整个丑闻太淫秽了 |
[36:21] | that some of the ladies want her out right now. | 有些女士想让她马上出局 |
[36:25] | Oh, poor Rita. | 可怜的丽塔 |
[36:26] | That is so like you, Alma. | 这太像你了 艾尔玛 |
[36:29] | Defending her, even now. | 即使是现在也在维护她 |
[36:33] | Well, if she is removed, | 如果她被除名了 |
[36:35] | I plan to nominate you again. | 我打算再次提名你 |
[36:38] | And this time I won’t fail to get those votes. | 这次我不会再失去那些选票了 |
[36:41] | That is… | 前提是 |
[36:42] | if you’d still want to be a part of our silly club. | 如果你还想加入我们愚蠢的俱乐部 |
[36:45] | I do. | 我想 |
[36:47] | I really do. | 我真的想 |
[36:48] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[36:51] | Well, I’ll let you know | 丽塔的事一有决定 |
[36:51] | as soon as we make a decision about Rita. | 我就通知你 |
[36:53] | You’re so kind to think of me, Grace. | 你能想到我真是太好了 格蕾丝 |
[36:55] | Well, someone has to think of you, Alma. | 总得有人为你着想 艾尔玛 |
[36:57] | You never think of yourself. | 你从来不为自己着想 |
[37:14] | You’re up. | 你起来了 |
[37:15] | That was Grace. | 那是格蕾丝 |
[37:16] | – She told me… – I heard. | -她告诉我… -我听到了 |
[37:19] | You don’t seem very happy for me. | 你好像并不为我感到高兴 |
[37:21] | That was the plan all along, wasn’t it? | 你早都计划好了 不是吗 |
[37:24] | Why a man is dead and his wife is in jail for murder. | 杀人并陷害他的妻子谋杀 |
[37:27] | All so you could get into a garden club? | 就为了让自己进园艺俱乐部 |
[37:30] | I don’t pretend to be perfect. | 人无完人 |
[37:32] | Jesus, Alma. | 我的天呐 艾尔玛 |
[37:33] | Bertie… remind me. | 伯特 你说说 |
[37:36] | Why did you kill all those people? | 你为什么要杀死那些人 |
[37:38] | I have told you a hundred times, | 我跟你说了无数次了 |
[37:40] | they were suffering from disease. | 他们正饱受病痛的折磨 |
[37:43] | And because you couldn’t cure the disease, | 就因为这些疾病无法治愈 |
[37:45] | you killed the patient. | 你就杀了他们 |
[37:46] | In order to protect them. | 我是想保护他们 |
[37:49] | What if you had the cure? | 那如果你有办法治愈他们呢 |
[37:51] | What if you could have kept the patient alive? | 如果你能让病人活下来呢 |
[37:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[37:55] | Rita was my disease. | 丽塔就是我的心病 |
[37:59] | She was a tumor, | 她就是一个肿瘤 |
[38:00] | causing me no end of pain, | 给我造成了无尽的痛苦 |
[38:03] | agony. | 令我痛不欲生 |
[38:05] | So I had her removed. | 所以我除掉了她 |
[38:07] | It’s not the same thing. | 这根本是两码事 |
[38:09] | There’s so much suffering in the world. | 这世上有那么多苦痛 |
[38:12] | Because of cruelty and unkindness. | 正是由于这些人的冷酷无情 |
[38:15] | Rich, beautiful people with power, | 集财富 美貌和权力于一身的人 |
[38:18] | humiliating weak nobodies who displease them. | 羞辱着让他们不悦的弱小的无名之辈 |
[38:23] | Rita thought I was weak. | 丽塔觉得我很软弱可欺 |
[38:25] | And so did I. | 我本来也是这么想的 |
[38:27] | But you… | 而你 |
[38:29] | …you taught me that we all have power. | 你教会了我 我们都很强大 |
[38:33] | If only we’re brave enough to use it. | 只要我们能勇敢地运用自己的力量 |
[38:37] | Alma, you framed an innocent woman | 艾尔玛 你害一位女士 |
[38:38] | for a murder she didn’t commit. | 平白无故背上谋杀罪名 |
[38:40] | I prevented suffering. | 我消除了痛苦 |
[38:42] | That’s how you justify your crimes. | 你就是这样为自己的罪行正名的 |
[38:45] | I can justify mine in exactly the same way. | 我也可以用同样的借口为自己开脱 |
[38:48] | You’ve lost your mind. | 你疯了 |
[38:55] | We’re about to be grandparents. | 我们就要当爷爷奶奶了 |
[38:57] | Let’s just put all this unpleasantness behind us | 就让我们讲这些不愉快抛在脑后 |
[38:59] | and enjoy this happy time. | 好好享受这美好的生活吧 |
[39:20] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[39:24] | How many days are you with us? | 你要在这住几天 |
[39:26] | Just the night. | 就今晚 |
[39:27] | I’m taking the noon bus out of town. | 我要坐中午的巴士出城 |
[39:28] | Okay. Well, I’ll get the towels. | 好吧 我去给你拿毛巾 |
[40:16] | Here’s your towels. | 你的毛巾 |
[40:19] | I may need a few more. | 我可能还要几条 |
[40:20] | I just decided to stay in town a couple more days. | 我刚决定再在这里多住几天 |
[40:24] | What changed your mind? | 怎么改变主意了 |
[40:26] | A promising business opportunity has just presented itself. | 一个非常有前途的商业机会刚刚不请自来了 |