时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Oh, you’re gonna try to pin this on me? | 你打算把这事赖到我头上 |
[00:08] | – All I know is I didn’t do it. – Well, neither did I. | -我只知道不是我干的 -也不是我 |
[00:11] | – Do you know the lady who lives here? – Mrs. Yost! | -你认识住在这里的太太吗 -约斯特太太 |
[00:14] | When was the last time you saw her? | 你上一次见到她是什么时候 |
[00:15] | Two days ago. | 两天前 |
[00:16] | She was taking a trip up north to visit her sister. | 她去看她姐姐了 |
[00:19] | And I’m sure Rita’s been cheating on him this whole time. | 我确信丽塔一直以来都在偷情 |
[00:19] | Hollywood… | 好莱坞 |
[00:21] | Any idea who with? | 知道是和谁吗 |
[00:23] | But once I find out, | 不过一旦等我查出来 |
[00:24] | I’ll make Rita and her gigolo very sorry. | 我会让丽塔和她的小情人后悔莫及的 |
[00:27] | I did not kill Carlo. | 我没杀卡洛 |
[00:30] | I’m gonna take your case. | 我会接你的案子 |
[00:31] | But we have to think about our future and the baby. | 但我们必须考虑我们的未来以及宝宝 |
[00:34] | Baby?! | 宝宝 |
[00:35] | – Oh, boy. – I plan to nominate you again. | -我的天 -我打算再次提名你 |
[00:37] | – If you still want to be a part of our silly club. – I do. | -如果你还想加入我们愚蠢的俱乐部 -我想 |
[00:41] | I’m gonna be all by myself in this cold, | 我要独自一人待在这冰冷 |
[00:43] | – empty house. – I sure wouldn’t want you to be lonely. | -空荡的房子里 -我自然不想让你孤身一人 |
[00:46] | Why a man is dead and his wife is in jail for murder– | 杀了人 害他老婆因为谋杀而进监狱 |
[00:48] | all so you could get into a garden club. | 杀人并陷害他的妻子谋杀 |
[00:50] | We’re about to be grandparents. | 我们就要当外公外婆了 |
[00:52] | Let’s just put all this unpleasantness behind us. | 就让我们讲这些不愉快抛在脑后 |
[00:54] | I just decided to stay in town a couple more days. | 我刚决定再在这里多住几天 |
[00:57] | Promising business opportunity has just presented itself. | 一个非常有前途的商业机会刚刚不请自来了 |
[01:08] | Rita Castillo had always thought of herself as a woman | 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗一向把自己视作 |
[01:11] | who would do anything to survive. | 一个愿意为了生存而不惜一切的女人 |
[01:15] | And she had the rap sheet to prove it. | 她有犯罪记录可以证明 |
[01:18] | She’d stolen money. | 她偷过钱 |
[01:21] | She’d sold her body. | 卖过身 |
[01:23] | She even helped to kill a man. | 她甚至帮忙杀过人 |
[01:26] | But she was now in jail for a crime she didn’t commit. | 可如今她却因为一个她没犯下的罪行而入狱 |
[01:30] | And no one believed a woman like her | 没人相信她这样的女人 |
[01:34] | could be innocent. | 会是清白的 |
[01:37] | They’re calling me a black widow? | 他们叫我黑寡妇 |
[01:40] | That’s one of the nicer headlines. | 这标题算好的了 |
[01:42] | Is this your way of telling me you won’t take my case? | 这是你告诉我你不会代理我的方式吗 |
[01:44] | With publicity like this? | 这样的曝光度 |
[01:46] | You bet I’ll take it. And I’ll win it, too. | 我当然会代理了 而且我会胜诉 |
[01:49] | Good, because I did not kill my husband. And that’s the truth. | 很好 因为我没杀我老公 这是真相 |
[01:53] | Murder trials aren’t about the truth. | 谋杀案审判重点不在于真相 |
[01:55] | They’re about stories. And the D.A.’S got a juicy one. | 而是故事 地检方面的说法很吸引人 |
[01:59] | Rich guy ends up dead. | 富豪死亡 |
[02:00] | His cheating wife is caught with poison in her purse. | 他的出轨妻子包里发现了毒药 |
[02:04] | You got a better one? | 你还有更好的吗 |
[02:05] | I was framed. | 我是被栽赃的 |
[02:07] | Is that the best you can do? | 你只能想到这个了吗 |
[02:08] | It’s what happened. | 这是事实 |
[02:09] | Someone put that syringe in my bag. | 有人把那个注射器放进了我包里 |
[02:11] | But who? And don’t say his daughter– she’s got an alibi. | 谁放的 别说是他女儿 她有不在场证明 |
[02:14] | Who else was home that night? | 那晚还有谁在家 |
[02:16] | Just my cousin, Isabel. | 就我表姐 伊莎贝尔 |
[02:18] | Who also happens to work as my maid. | 刚好也是我的女佣 |
[02:21] | Hello. | 这不就对了 |
[02:23] | There’s our killer. | 这就是我们的凶手 |
[02:25] | – What? – Yeah, this is good. This is good. | -什么 -这很好 非常好 |
[02:27] | She, uh, she framed you because she hates your guts. | 她嫁祸你 因为她对你恨之入骨 |
[02:30] | What? Please. Isabel loves me. | 什么 拜托 伊莎贝尔很爱我 |
[02:32] | No, no, no, no, she used to, | 不不不 那是以前 |
[02:33] | but, uh, she’s gotten jealous of your looks, your money… | 她渐渐开始嫉妒你的外貌 你的钱 |
[02:36] | You had everything. She had bupkis. | 你拥有一切 而她一无所有 |
[02:39] | She wanted you to suffer. | 她想要你受苦 |
[02:41] | And you really think a jury would buy that? | 你觉得陪审团会信吗 |
[02:43] | Well, it’s worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[02:45] | Here. I need you to answer these questions for me. | 来 你回答下这些问题 |
[02:48] | If we’re gonna pin this on Isabel, I’m gonna need | 如果我们要想推脱给伊莎贝尔 我需要 |
[02:50] | every bit of dirt on her that you can shovel. | 你能想到的关于她的所有黑料 |
[02:54] | This is just a strategy to get me out of jail, right? | 这只是把我救出监狱的策略 对吗 |
[02:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[02:57] | But if people believe this, | 但如果人们信了这些 |
[02:58] | isn’t there a chance Isabel could be arrested for Carlo’s murder? | 伊莎贝尔不是有可能因为谋杀卡洛而被捕吗 |
[03:03] | That’s a good question. | 问得好 |
[03:06] | I got a better one. | 我有个更好的问题 |
[03:07] | Do you want to spend the rest of your life in prison? | 你下半辈子想在监狱里度过吗 |
[03:12] | Yes, Rita Castillo had always thought of herself | 没错 丽塔·卡斯蒂罗一向把自己视作 |
[03:15] | as a woman who would do anything to survive. | 一个愿意为了生存而不惜一切的女人 |
[03:21] | She was now about to find out… | 现在她将要探究… |
[03:26] | …if that was true. | 那是否属实了 |
[03:52] | Alma Fillcot walked into her garden that day | 那天 艾尔玛·菲尔科走进她的花园 |
[03:54] | hoping to prune her roses. | 打算修剪她的玫瑰 |
[03:57] | But before she began, | 但在开始之前 |
[04:00] | Alma decided to have a chat with an old friend. | 艾尔玛决定先跟一位老友聊聊 |
[04:05] | Mrs. Yost. | 约斯特太太 |
[04:07] | How are you this fine morning? | 这么美好的早上 你感觉如何 |
[04:09] | Still dead? Pity. | 还是死着吗 真可惜 |
[04:12] | If you were here, you’d see how good I’m looking. | 要是你在 你就能看到我有多美 |
[04:15] | It’s not because of any mascara or rouge. | 不是因为什么睫毛膏或胭脂 |
[04:18] | No, ma’am. | 完全不是 夫人 |
[04:19] | I have learned firsthand | 我从亲身经验中学到 |
[04:21] | that crushing one’s enemies is the best cosmetic. | 摧毁敌人就是最棒的化妆品 |
[04:25] | What do you say to that? | 你觉得如何 |
[04:28] | Alma? | 艾尔玛 |
[04:32] | Grace. You scared me. | 格蕾丝 你吓我一跳 |
[04:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:36] | I was going to call, but I thought, | 我本想先打电话的 可又一想 |
[04:38] | “No, I want to see her face when I tell her.” | “不行 我要当面告诉她” |
[04:41] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[04:43] | I spoke to the girls last night. | 我昨晚跟姑娘们谈了 |
[04:44] | We all agreed. | 我们都同意了 |
[04:45] | Rita is out of the Garden Club and you’re in. | 丽塔被逐出园艺俱乐部 你加入 |
[04:50] | – I’m so happy. – Oh, me too. | -我太高兴了 -我也是 |
[04:52] | Will there be a luncheon like before? | 还会像以前一样举行午宴吗 |
[04:54] | This Friday. | 这周五 |
[04:55] | Oh, but I won’t be able to come. I have a wedding out of town. | 但我就去不了了 我要出城去参加婚礼 |
[04:57] | You have to be at my first meeting. | 我的第一次聚会你得来啊 |
[05:00] | I’m only in because of you. | 我能加入都是因为你 |
[05:01] | I wish I could. | 我也想啊 |
[05:02] | Are you free tonight? | 你今晚有空吗 |
[05:03] | The ladies could come here, just for an hour. | 姑娘们可以过来 待一小时就行 |
[05:06] | Well, I suppose a little celebration is in order. | 小小地庆祝一下倒也合情合理 |
[05:10] | Excellent. Uh, shall we say 6:00? | 太好了 六点如何 |
[05:12] | I will rally the troops. | 我会把人马召齐的 |
[05:15] | Bye. | 拜 |
[05:21] | Did you hear that, Mrs. Yost? | 听到了吗 约斯特太太 |
[05:23] | I’m in the Garden Club. | 我是园艺俱乐部的人了 |
[05:25] | The club you said would never have me as a member. | 就是你说我永远加入不了的那个俱乐部 |
[05:30] | Have fun turning in your grave. | 祝你在坟墓里睡得愉快 |
[05:35] | Good morning, baby. | 早啊 宝贝 |
[05:37] | Oh, Scooter. How handsome you look. | 斯库特 你可真帅 |
[05:41] | And another smooch for my snazzy new robe. | 再吻一下 为了我华丽的新睡袍 |
[05:44] | Well, I gladly take the kiss, but the robe is not from me. | 我很乐意接受你的吻 但那睡袍可不是我送的 |
[05:47] | Come on. It just magically appeared at the foot of my bed? | 拜托 难道它就凭空出现在我的床尾了 |
[05:51] | Is the robe to your liking, sir? | 睡袍你还喜欢吗 先生 |
[05:54] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[05:55] | But if it’s from you I’m paying in handshakes. | 但如果是你拿来的 我只会跟你握手回礼 |
[05:57] | This is Otto, my butler from Texas. | 这是奥托 我在得州的管家 |
[05:59] | He’s agreed to work for me here. | 他同意来这里为我工作了 |
[06:01] | Oh, a real butler, huh? | 一位真正的管家啊 |
[06:02] | With a name like Otto, maybe you should have been a chauffeur. | 像奥托这种名字 也许你该当个司机 |
[06:06] | I bet you hear that one a lot. | 你肯定经常听到这种打趣吧 |
[06:08] | Thankfully, no. | 谢天谢地 并没有 |
[06:12] | Don’t tease Otto. | 别逗奥托 |
[06:13] | He’s German. It’ll end badly. | 他是德国人 会闹得很难看的 |
[06:16] | So, what do you want to do today– | 你今天想做些什么 |
[06:17] | uh, have a swim, catch a movie? | 游泳 看电影 |
[06:20] | I can’t. I’m busy going through Rita’s records. | 没时间 我忙着翻看丽塔的记录 |
[06:23] | I need to prove she had a lover here in LA. | 我得证明她在洛杉矶有情人 |
[06:28] | Who cares if she had a boyfriend? | 谁在乎她有没有男朋友啊 |
[06:29] | The district attorney. | 地检在乎 |
[06:31] | He says evidence of an affair | 他说出轨的证据 |
[06:33] | will help convict her of Papa’s murder. | 能让她谋杀爸爸的罪名成立 |
[06:37] | Haven’t you been through enough all ready | 你已经受了够多的苦 |
[06:38] | without doing the D.A.’s job for him? | 何必还要帮地检干活 |
[06:41] | You need to relax. | 你需要放松 |
[06:42] | I-I say skip the trial. Get out of town. | 不如别参加庭审 出城去 |
[06:45] | We’ll go to Rome or somewhere in Europe. | 我们去罗马或欧洲的什么地方 |
[06:47] | Mm. Nothing would please me more | 和你一起出游 |
[06:49] | than to take a little trip with you. | 最能让我快乐了 |
[06:51] | But don’t worry, this won’t take long. | 但别担心 用不了多久的 |
[06:56] | You’ll be packing your bags before you know it. | 你很快就会收拾行李了 |
[07:07] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[07:09] | There you are. | 你在这儿呢 |
[07:10] | I have wonderful news. It’s official. | 我有好消息 正式宣布了 |
[07:13] | I’ve been accepted into the Garden Club. | 我入选园艺俱乐部了 |
[07:21] | The ladies are coming over this evening to help me celebrate. | 女士们今晚会过来替我庆祝 |
[07:24] | I’m going up to the attic to get my punch bowl. | 我要去阁楼拿大酒杯 |
[07:26] | If you don’t mind, I could use your help with the cups. | 你不介意的话 我需要你帮忙准备杯子 |
[07:32] | Bertram. | 伯特伦 |
[07:34] | I’ve been thinking about Rita, | 我一直在想丽塔 |
[07:36] | and her little cat. | 和她的小猫 |
[07:38] | She loves him so much. | 她好爱它 |
[07:40] | Of course she loves him. | 她当然爱它了 |
[07:41] | They’re the same species. | 他们是一路货色 |
[07:43] | She may be tried for a crime we committed. | 她可能会为我们犯下的罪受审 |
[07:46] | Don’t you care at all? | 你一点都不在乎吗 |
[07:48] | Let’s say that I do. | 假设我在乎 |
[07:49] | Do you want me to confess? | 你希望我去认罪吗 |
[07:51] | Would you be happier if we both went to jail? | 我们都进监狱了你会更满意吗 |
[07:53] | At least we’d deserve it. | 至少我们是罪有应得 |
[07:55] | Oh, what a thing to say. | 这说的什么蠢话 |
[07:56] | Actions have consequences. | 一切行为都有后果 |
[07:58] | Well, you weren’t keen to face any when you were filling up | 你把你之前的受害人送进坟墓时 |
[08:01] | graveyards with your previous victims. | 可不热衷于面对后果 |
[08:03] | My fondest dream is finally coming true. | 我最大的梦想终于要实现了 |
[08:07] | If you can’t share in my joy, | 如果你不能分享我的喜悦 |
[08:09] | at least try not to ruin it. | 至少别扫兴 |
[08:22] | Rocco, | 洛克 |
[08:23] | do you see how pretty Mom’s garden is? | 你看见妈妈的花园有多美了吗 |
[08:27] | Oh, right. | 对哦 |
[08:28] | It’s just one big toilet to you. | 对你来说只是个大型厕所 |
[08:37] | Don’t I know you? | 我好像认识你 |
[08:38] | Sure. | 是的 |
[08:39] | – You’re Vern’s girl, right? – Yeah. | -你是维恩的女朋友 对吗 -没错 |
[08:42] | Dee. Uh, Detective Rohbin? | 我叫小迪 罗宾警探对吗 |
[08:44] | Yeah. What are you doing here? | 对 你在这里干什么 |
[08:46] | I live here. | 我住在这儿 |
[08:48] | Why are you here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[08:49] | You know the owner of that house? | 你认识这位屋主吗 |
[08:50] | Mrs. Yost? Sure. | 约斯特太太吗 当然 |
[08:51] | We’re meeting her nephew in a few minutes. | 我们约了他侄子 他马上就到 |
[08:53] | He’s helping us investigate her disappearance. | 他在帮我们调查她的失踪案 |
[08:56] | Disappearance? | 失踪 |
[08:58] | No, she’s just away on a trip. | 不 她只是外出了 |
[09:00] | She asked my mom to look after her dog while she’s gone. | 她叫我妈在她离家期间帮忙照看她的狗 |
[09:03] | I’m sorry to tell you, Dee. | 很遗憾告诉你 小迪 |
[09:04] | Her car was found submerged in a lake up north. | 她的车被发现沉到北部一个湖里了 |
[09:08] | What? | 什么 |
[09:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:10] | We suspect foul play. | 我们怀疑是谋杀 |
[09:19] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:21] | What did you just say? | 你刚说什么 |
[09:23] | I said I got proof Rita didn’t kill Carlo. | 我说我有证据证明 丽塔没杀卡洛 |
[09:26] | – What is it? – Not so fast. | -什么证据 -先别急 |
[09:29] | You tell Rita it’s gonna cost her 20 Gs. | 你告诉丽塔她得付两万 |
[09:32] | I need to be compensated | 我要得到补偿 |
[09:33] | for the way she treated me all these years. | 为她这么多年来对我的方式 |
[09:35] | I’m not telling her nothing | 我什么都不会跟她说 |
[09:36] | until I see what you got with my own eyes. | 除非我亲眼看到你拿到的证据 |
[09:38] | You already had your chance. | 你曾有过机会 |
[09:40] | My advice? | 给你个建议 |
[09:42] | Pay more attention next time you aim your Kodak. | 下次用柯达拍照时多留点心 |
[09:45] | – What? – You got a week to come up with the money. | -什么 -给你一周时间筹钱 |
[09:48] | This is where I’m staying. | 这是我的地址 |
[09:49] | Isabel. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[09:50] | Tell me what you have. | 告诉我你有什么证据 |
[09:52] | Not yet. | 现在不行 |
[09:53] | I’ve waited a long time for my ship to come in, | 我等拯救我的船出现 等了很久 |
[09:56] | and I’m not gonna miss it this time. | 这次我不会错过了 |
[10:05] | Mom. | 妈 |
[10:06] | When Mrs. Yost asked you to look after Rocco, | 约斯特太太请你照顾洛克时 |
[10:09] | where did she say she was going? | 有说她要去哪里吗 |
[10:11] | Uh, she said she was paying a surprise visit to her sister. | 她说她要临时拜访她姐姐 |
[10:16] | Why? | 为什么问这个 |
[10:17] | Apparently, she never got there. | 显然 她从来没到 |
[10:19] | The police say she’s missing. | 警察说她失踪了 |
[10:20] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[10:22] | You know, uh, they did mention that. | 他们确实提过 |
[10:25] | You spoke to the police? | 你跟警察聊过了吗 |
[10:27] | When? | 什么时候 |
[10:28] | Uh, a detective stopped by, weeks ago, | 几周前 一位警探来过 |
[10:31] | asking all sorts of questions. | 问了各种各样的问题 |
[10:33] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么没告诉我 |
[10:34] | Well, I was busy getting ready to host a party. | 我正忙着准备办派对 |
[10:37] | It just slipped my mind. | 我只是忘了 |
[10:39] | Well, the cops are starting to think Mrs. Yost was murdered. | 警察开始怀疑约斯特太太是被谋杀的 |
[10:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:46] | – Did they find her body? – No. | -他们找到了她的尸体吗 -没有 |
[10:49] | But they found her car in a lake. | 但他们在湖里找到了她的车 |
[10:52] | Well… | 好吧… |
[10:53] | Sounds to me like they are jumping to conclusions. | 依我看 他们结论下得太草率了 |
[10:55] | Now, how does this look? | 这个看起来怎么样 |
[10:58] | How can you be so calm? | 你怎么能这么冷静 |
[11:00] | Well, we don’t know what’s happened. | 我们不知道发生了什么 |
[11:02] | Besides, I’m in too good a mood to fret. | 而且 我心情好到无暇担心这些 |
[11:05] | I’ve finally been accepted into the Garden Club. | 我终于入围园艺俱乐部了 |
[11:09] | Some of the ladies are coming by this evening to help me celebrate. | 今晚有些女士会来帮我庆祝 |
[11:13] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[11:14] | Well, it’s not just a victory for me, Deirdre. | 这不仅仅是我的胜利 迪尔德丽 |
[11:17] | Once I’m settled and I have some sway | 一旦我安定下来 在会员委员会里 |
[11:19] | with the membership committee, I’ll get you in as well. | 有一定影响力 我就把你也搞进来 |
[11:23] | Mom, I’m-I’m getting married. | 妈 我要结婚了 |
[11:26] | I have a baby on the way. | 还怀了身孕 |
[11:27] | I’m not gonna have time for a silly club. | 我没时间应付愚蠢的俱乐部 |
[11:29] | Remember… | 要记得… |
[11:30] | Babies grow up | 孩子们会长大 |
[11:32] | and men work late. | 男人们会加班工作 |
[11:34] | Before you know it, your life will seem very drab. | 不知不觉 你的生活会变得很单调 |
[11:38] | And you’ll yearn for glamorous friends | 你会渴望结交有魅力的朋友 |
[11:40] | to give your days a bit of color. | 为你的生活增添一点色彩 |
[11:44] | Just don’t wait too long to find them. | 别等太久才去交朋友 |
[11:47] | The years fly by. | 时光匆匆飞逝 |
[11:49] | And the next thing you know, you’ll be cold in your grave. | 一转眼 你就会躺在坟墓里 |
[11:52] | Like poor Mrs. Yost. | 就像可怜的约斯特夫人 |
[11:57] | Assuming she’s dead. | 假设她已经死了 |
[12:00] | Which I’m sure she’s not. | 但我肯定她没死 |
[12:07] | All right, and for Grace. | 好了 给格蕾丝倒一杯 |
[12:10] | Delicious. | 味道好极了 |
[12:13] | – All right… – Wonderful. | -好了 -太棒了 |
[12:14] | Ladies, a toast. | 女士们 举杯吧 |
[12:16] | To our club’s newest member… | 敬我们俱乐部的最新成员 |
[12:19] | Alma Fillcot. | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特 |
[12:21] | – Cheers! – To Alma. | -干杯 -敬艾尔玛 |
[12:23] | Thank you all so much. | 太感谢你们了 |
[12:24] | Oh, don’t thank us. | 不用谢我们 |
[12:25] | Thank Rita and her handy hypodermic. | 感谢丽塔和她手边的注射器 |
[12:28] | Now, now. Rita is innocent till proven guilty. | 丽塔在被证明有罪之前都是清白的 |
[12:31] | Is she sweet until proven bitchy? | 她在被证明是婊子之前是人美心善吗 |
[12:33] | -‘Cause I want to serve on that jury. – Oh, Joan. | -我可想参加这判决的陪审员 -琼 |
[12:38] | Alma, perhaps you’d like to say a few words? | 艾尔玛 你想讲几句吗 |
[12:41] | Oh, no. I-I couldn’t possibly. I… | 不了 我怎么能 我 |
[12:43] | – Oh, you must. – Oh, please. | -你得讲几句 -来吧 |
[12:44] | – Yeah. You must. – I suppose if tradition demands it. I… | -是的 得说几句 -如果这是传统 |
[12:48] | – Yes. Speech, speech. – Oh, wonderful. | -是的 讲话 讲话 -太棒了 |
[12:49] | – Speech. Speech. – Yes. Speech. | -讲话 讲话 -好吧 讲话 |
[13:01] | These are trying times for us all. | 我们正处于艰难时刻 |
[13:05] | Our Garden Club’s rosy reputation has been pierced | 园艺俱乐部的美名 |
[13:09] | by thorns of scandal. | 被丑闻的刺戳穿 |
[13:12] | But when I look out | 但当我看到 |
[13:14] | at all your smiling faces, my… Oh, for goodness’ sake. | 你们的笑脸 我 天啊 |
[13:19] | Ladies. | 女士们 |
[13:21] | Please excuse me. | 失陪下 |
[13:24] | Mrs. Fillcot? | 菲尔科特女士 |
[13:25] | I’m Isabel. | 我是伊莎贝尔 |
[13:26] | I used to work for Rita Castillo. | 我之前是丽塔·卡斯蒂罗的佣人 |
[13:28] | It’s urgent that I speak to you. May I come in? | 我有急事跟你说 能进来吗 |
[13:31] | If you’re looking for a new job, you’ve come at a bad time. | 如果你是来找工作 现在不方便 |
[13:33] | I’m hosting the Garden Club ladies. | 我在招待园艺俱乐部的女士们 |
[13:36] | Then it’s a good time. | 那就太方便了 |
[13:39] | I-I… I can’t let you bother my guests. | 我可不能让你打搅客人 |
[13:41] | I’m not here about a job. | 我不是来找工作的 |
[13:44] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[13:45] | This was taken at Rita’s house the night Carlo was killed. | 这是卡洛被杀当晚在丽塔家拍到的照片 |
[13:50] | That’s Catherine. | 这是凯瑟琳 |
[13:51] | That’s Scooter. | 这是斯库特 |
[13:53] | And that’s… | 这个是 |
[13:55] | you. | 你 |
[13:59] | Now can I come in? | 现在我能进去了吗 |
[14:10] | I’ll be with you in a moment, ladies. | 我马上过来 女士们 |
[14:12] | I just have to attend to a domestic issue. | 我要处理点家事 |
[14:15] | Yes… | 好的 |
[14:16] | Where did you get that? | 你怎么拿到照片的 |
[14:18] | Rita got a guy to get a photo of Catherine having sex | 丽塔找人偷拍卡瑟琳上床 |
[14:20] | so she could blackmail her. | 想用来敲诈她 |
[14:22] | Now I’ll use it to blackmail you. | 现在我用来敲诈你 |
[14:24] | Isn’t life funny? | 生活真有意思啊 |
[14:26] | I don’t know why you’re so smug. | 我不知道为什么你沾沾自喜 |
[14:28] | That photo proves nothing. | 这照片证明不了任何东西 |
[14:29] | It proves you were there. | 这证明了你在现场 |
[14:31] | You killed Carlo | 你杀了卡洛 |
[14:32] | and put the needle in Rita’s purse. | 把注射器放进丽塔包里 |
[14:35] | And now you’ll have to pay me to keep quiet. | 现在你得花钱让我闭嘴 |
[14:38] | Everything you just said is a lie. | 你说的一切都是假的 |
[14:41] | But how much money are we talking? | 你想要多少钱 |
[14:42] | $20,000. | 2万 |
[14:44] | – 20,000?! – In cash. | -2万 -现金 |
[14:46] | Bring it to this hotel tomorrow night | 明晚拿过来这家酒店 |
[14:49] | or I’ll go to the cops. | 不然我就报警 |
[14:51] | This was supposed to be my lovely night. | 今晚本该是我美好的夜晚 |
[14:54] | And you’ve spoiled it. | 你毁了这一切 |
[14:55] | Yeah, I’m awful. | 对啊 我真恶毒 |
[14:57] | Picking on a nice lady | 找一位善良女士的茬 |
[14:59] | just ’cause she killed a man and framed my boss. | 就因为她杀了人还嫁祸给我的雇主 |
[15:01] | Uh, please go out the back way. | 从后门出去 |
[15:05] | Lady… | 女士 |
[15:06] | Talk to me like I’m the help one more time | 如果你再像对待佣人一样跟我说话 |
[15:08] | and I’ll destroy you just for the hell of it. | 我会彻底毁了你 |
[15:21] | Scooter. | 斯库特 |
[15:22] | Come upstairs. I need you. | 上楼 我需要你帮忙 |
[15:24] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[15:25] | I’m searching the house. I need to find something | 我在房子里搜查 我需要找到证据 |
[15:27] | that will prove that Rita had a lover. | 证明丽塔外面有情人 |
[15:29] | But you looked after breakfast. | 但你在早餐后找过了 |
[15:30] | You said you didn’t find anything. | 你说没找到任何证据 |
[15:32] | I remembered something. | 我记起来了一件事 |
[15:34] | Papa was convinced that Rita had a hiding place | 爸爸认为丽塔有个专门背着他 |
[15:37] | where she kept things from him. | 藏东西的地方 |
[15:39] | I’m gonna find it, even if I have to take this house apart. | 我得找到这个地方 哪怕把房子拆了也在所不惜 |
[15:43] | Let me just fix myself a drink, | 我先给自己倒杯酒 |
[15:45] | and I’ll be right up to help you. | 然后我就去楼上帮你 |
[15:46] | Don’t take too long. | 别耽误太久 |
[16:24] | Madame, could this be something? | 女士 这个有用吗 |
[16:26] | Oh, that’s Rita’s account book. I’ve already been through that. | 那是丽塔的账本 我已经检查过了 |
[16:29] | According to this, | 这上面显示 |
[16:30] | she was renting some apartment in Chinatown. | 她在唐人街租了一间公寓 |
[16:33] | Yes, I’ve been there once. | 是的 我去过那里一次 |
[16:35] | I tried to catch her red-handed but the apartment was empty. | 我想要捉奸在床来着 但是公寓已经空了 |
[16:38] | She must have moved her lover out. | 她肯定让她的情人搬走了 |
[16:41] | Would you go downstairs and see what’s keeping Scooter? | 你能去楼下看看为什么斯库特还没上来吗 |
[16:43] | Of course. | 好的 |
[16:51] | Mr. Scooter. | 斯库特先生 |
[16:53] | Miss Catherine is wondering | 凯瑟琳小姐想知道 |
[16:54] | when you might join her upstairs. | 你什么时候去楼上找她 |
[16:56] | Going right now. | 现在就去 |
[16:58] | I was just enjoying the fire. | 我只是在欣赏炉火而已 |
[17:35] | Oh. Izzy, we can’t take the silver candlesticks. | 伊兹 我们不能拿银蜡烛座 |
[17:37] | They belonged to Harry’s mother. | 这是哈里的母亲的 |
[17:39] | This is what he gets for slapping you around. | 这是他扇你耳光需要付出的代价 |
[17:42] | We’ll hock ’em once we get to El Paso. Now, come on. | 等到了埃尔帕索我们就把这些当掉 快点吧 |
[17:44] | Here, you take that. | 这个给你拿着 |
[17:46] | – I’ll take the small one. – Okay. | -我拿那个小的 -好 |
[17:48] | What’s this? | 你们干什么 |
[17:51] | Harry. | 哈里 |
[17:53] | I thought you were at work. | 我以为你去上班了 |
[17:57] | You going somewhere? | 你要出门吗 |
[18:00] | Mama called. | 妈妈来电话了 |
[18:02] | – She’s very sick. – Really? | -她病得很厉害 -真的吗 |
[18:04] | It’s serious. | 很严重 |
[18:06] | I left you a note. | 我给你留了纸条 |
[18:10] | See… | 我看… |
[18:12] | I think you’re trying to leave me. | 你是打算离开我 |
[18:15] | She’s in a hospital. I swear. | 她住院了 我发誓 |
[18:16] | I’m so sick of all your lies! | 我听够了你的谎言 |
[18:18] | Let her go! | 放开她 |
[18:19] | – Shut up! – Please! | -闭嘴 -求你了 |
[18:21] | Please don’t hurt her! | 求你别伤害她 |
[18:23] | I’ll stay. | 我留下 |
[18:25] | If that’s what you want. | 如果这是你想要的 |
[18:26] | What did I say I’d do to you if this happened again? | 如果你再这样的话我是怎么说的来着 |
[18:32] | What did I say?! | 我怎么说的 |
[18:36] | You ugly bitch. | 丑婊子 |
[18:42] | Is he dead? | 他死了吗 |
[18:43] | He called me ugly. Who cares? | 他说我丑 谁管他死没死 |
[18:46] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[19:02] | $20,000? | 2万块 |
[19:04] | That’s what Isabel said. | 伊莎贝尔是这么说的 |
[19:05] | And she wants it by tomorrow night. | 她明天晚上就要 |
[19:08] | We’ll obviously have to pay it. | 这钱咱们很显然得给 |
[19:09] | I’ll go to the bank in the morning | 我明天一早就去银行 |
[19:10] | and empty our savings account. | 把咱们户头的钱都取出来 |
[19:12] | We barely have 10,000. | 我们连1万块都没有 |
[19:13] | Then I’ll have to get a second mortgage or something. | 那我就去申请二次抵押贷款什么的 |
[19:16] | Do you think she’d give us more time? | 你觉得她能多给咱们点时间吗 |
[19:17] | I think she’d prefer not to negotiate. | 我觉得她不打算讨价还价 |
[19:21] | This is all your fault. | 这都是你的错 |
[19:23] | I told you, actions have consequences. | 我跟你说过凡事都是有后果的 |
[19:26] | And now here we are, swimming in the foul swamp | 现在咱们掉在你挖的坑里 |
[19:28] | that you have dug for us. | 爬不出来了 |
[19:29] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[19:31] | We could handle the situation… | 我们可以把这个问题彻底地… |
[19:34] | permanently. | 解决掉 |
[19:37] | No! | 不行 |
[19:38] | Well, if actions have consequences, | 如果凡事都有后果 |
[19:39] | shouldn’t that apply to Isabel too? | 那伊莎贝尔不也一样吗 |
[19:41] | For the love of God, just stop. | 看在上帝的份上 收手吧 |
[19:43] | If we pay her, | 如果我们给她钱 |
[19:44] | she’ll just come back again and again, | 她会一次又一次回来勒索 |
[19:46] | until the well runs dry. | 直到我们分文不剩 |
[19:49] | Do you love me? At all? | 你对我有一丝感情吗 |
[19:51] | What? Of course I do. | 什么 当然了 |
[19:53] | Then, for once, stop arguing and do what your husband demands– | 那这次就别争了 照你丈夫的要求… |
[19:55] | no, no– implores you to do. | 不对 恳求 做吧 |
[19:58] | And if you can’t… | 如果你做不到 |
[19:59] | Well, perhaps, this isn’t a marriage at all. | 那这或许压根不算婚姻 |
[20:01] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[20:03] | I’m going to sleep in the guest room. | 我要去睡客房 |
[20:05] | I’ll return to our bed when you’re a little less lethal. | 等你没那么致命了我再回床上 |
[20:14] | Hi. Are you Mrs. Yost’s nephew? | 你好 请问你是约斯特夫人的侄子吗 |
[20:16] | Yeah, I’m Irving. Who are you? | 对 我是欧文 你是谁 |
[20:18] | Dee Fillcot. I live next door. | 小迪·菲尔科特 我住在隔壁 |
[20:21] | I wanted you to know | 我想告诉你 |
[20:22] | my parents have been looking after your aunt’s dog while she’s away. | 你姨妈出门的时候我父母一直帮她看狗 |
[20:27] | The cops think she’s dead. | 警察认为她死了 |
[20:30] | Did they find her body? | 他们找到尸体了吗 |
[20:31] | Not yet, but she was definitely robbed. | 还没有 但她绝对被抢劫了 |
[20:34] | The cops say whoever robbed her | 警察说抢劫她的人 |
[20:37] | probably killed her. | 很可能杀了她 |
[20:39] | Robbed? Are you sure? | 抢劫 你确定吗 |
[20:41] | Yeah, they took a bunch of stuff from the house. | 对 他们从房子里拿了一堆东西 |
[20:43] | A cut-glass vase, an antique brass pitcher, | 一个雕花玻璃瓶 一个古董黄铜壶 |
[20:45] | and a fancy French painting worth lots of money. | 还有一幅值钱的法国油画 |
[20:48] | French painting. | 法国油画 |
[20:49] | There may be other stuff missing, too. | 可能还有其他东西丢了 |
[20:50] | I’m still doing inventory. | 我还在列清单 |
[20:52] | So, if you don’t mind. | 所以你要是不介意 |
[20:53] | Yeah. Yeah, go ahead. | 没事 你继续吧 |
[21:32] | Is Miss Castillo here? | 卡斯蒂罗小姐在吗 |
[21:33] | I’m a P.I. Investigating her father’s death. | 我是名私家侦探 正在调查她父亲的死 |
[21:35] | I am sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:36] | She is not at home. | 她现在不在家 |
[21:38] | That’s okay. I’ll wait. | 没事 我等着她 |
[21:40] | – She may be some time, Mr., uh… – Loomis | -她可能还得一会 这位… -卢米斯先生 |
[21:42] | is his name. | 是他的名字 |
[21:44] | Scooter. | 斯库特 |
[21:45] | Well, look at you. | 看看你 |
[21:47] | You can go now, Otto. | 你可以走了 奥托 |
[21:48] | Don’t worry, my old pal won’t be staying long. | 别担心 我的老伙计不会待太久 |
[21:56] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[21:57] | Working for Rita. | 为丽塔工作 |
[21:58] | She says she’s being framed. | 她说她被诬陷了 |
[22:01] | Let’s talk in here. | 咱们进去说 |
[22:02] | I don’t trust Adolph, Jr. | 我不相信小阿道夫 |
[22:04] | I’d love to help Rita. | 我想帮丽塔 |
[22:06] | I never went upstairs that night. | 我那晚没上楼 |
[22:07] | I don’t know what happened to Carlo. | 我不知道卡洛怎么了 |
[22:09] | Yeah. You were down here screwing her daughter-in-law. | 是啊 你忙着在下面干她继女呢 |
[22:13] | Just so you know, I’m living with Catherine now. | 告诉你吧 我现在和凯瑟琳同居了 |
[22:17] | And we’ve developed sincere feelings for each other. | 而且我们感情越来越好 |
[22:19] | That a new watch? | 这是块新表吗 |
[22:22] | Look, I’m busy. | 听着 我很忙 |
[22:24] | So, if there’s nothing else… | 所以你要是没别的事… |
[22:25] | One question. | 有个问题 |
[22:27] | Now, is there a chance | 有没有可能 |
[22:29] | that anyone else was in this house that night? | 那晚房子里还有其他人 |
[22:31] | As far as I know, it was just me, Catherine, Rita and Isabel. | 据我所知 只有我 凯瑟琳 丽塔 伊莎贝尔 |
[22:35] | And you, outside, taking photos. | 还有你在外面拍照 |
[22:37] | And I gave those photos to Isabel. | 我把照片给了伊莎贝尔 |
[22:39] | Then she came back wanting money. | 然后她就回来要钱了 |
[22:42] | She hinted that one of my photos | 她暗示在我拍的照片中 |
[22:43] | could prove that Rita’s innocent. | 有一张可以证明丽塔是无辜的 |
[22:44] | I’m thinking that maybe I got somebody on film, | 我在想可能我拍到了别人 |
[22:47] | somebody we don’t know about. | 我们不认识的人 |
[22:49] | When I was here with Catherine, on the sofa that night, | 我那晚和凯瑟琳在这沙发上的时候 |
[22:52] | I thought I heard something. | 我好像听到了一些声音 |
[22:53] | Like a door closing. | 像是关门声 |
[22:55] | Maybe someone else was here. | 也许当时确实有其他人 |
[22:57] | Thanks, Scooter. | 谢谢 斯库特 |
[22:58] | That’s what I needed to hear. | 这正是我想知道的 |
[23:00] | Glad to help. | 很高兴帮忙 |
[23:03] | Hey, Scooter. | 斯库特 |
[23:05] | You ever think about Dee Fillcot? | 你平时会想小迪·菲尔科特吗 |
[23:08] | Sure. Now and then. | 当然 偶尔会 |
[23:10] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[23:12] | Forget about her. | 忘了她 |
[23:18] | Mr. Loomis? | 卢米斯先生 |
[23:20] | I was curious. | 我很好奇 |
[23:21] | Since you are an old friend of Mr. Scooter, | 既然你是斯库特先生的老朋友 |
[23:24] | I assume you have been to his old apartment? | 那你应该去过他以前住的公寓吧 |
[23:26] | Yeah. Why do you ask? | 去过 为什么这么问 |
[23:28] | He wants me to retrieve a few items he left behind. | 他想让我去取几件他留下的东西 |
[23:31] | I am embarrassed to say that | 我不好意思说 |
[23:33] | I cannot read his handwriting. | 我看不出来他写的什么 |
[23:37] | Is the address, uh, um, eight… | 这地址是 8 |
[23:41] | He lived at 812 Rosewood. | 他住在红木路812号 |
[23:44] | In the middle of Chinatown. | 在唐人街中间 |
[23:45] | 812 Rosewood. That is it. | 红木路812号 没错 |
[23:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:56] | Morning. | 早 |
[24:00] | I had a brilliant idea last night. | 我昨晚想到了一个妙计 |
[24:03] | I’m not talking to you. | 我不想和你说话 |
[24:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[24:06] | Because you’re a horrible woman. | 因为你是个坏女人 |
[24:10] | I’ve come up with a way for us to pay off Isabel | 我想到了个办法 我们一分钱不用出 |
[24:12] | that leaves her breathing and won’t cost us a cent. | 也不用杀死伊莎贝尔 就能把她打发走 |
[24:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[24:18] | Not so horrible now, am I? | 现在没那么坏了 是吧 |
[24:20] | Yes, yes. What’s your idea? | 是的 你有什么办法 |
[24:22] | We’ll sell Mrs. Yost’s things. | 我们卖掉约斯特太太的东西 |
[24:25] | Most of them are antiques. | 那些大多是古董 |
[24:26] | They must be worth thousands of dollars. | 它们一定价值连城 |
[24:28] | Alma, that’s theft. | 艾尔玛 那是偷窃 |
[24:30] | You want to commit one crime to cover up another. | 你要为了掩盖罪行再次犯罪 |
[24:33] | Bertram, | 伯特伦 |
[24:34] | for someone who’s murdered dozens of people, | 对于一个杀了几十人的人来说 |
[24:36] | you can be a real stick in the mud. | 你还真是墨守成规 |
[24:45] | Morning, Dee. | 早 小迪 |
[24:47] | What do you know about Mrs. Yost? | 关于约斯特太太的事你们都知道什么 |
[24:52] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[24:53] | Her nephew gave me a list of items missing from her home. | 她的侄子给了我一份家里丢失物品的清单 |
[24:56] | Every one of them is in our living room. | 上面的每样东西都在我们的客厅 |
[24:59] | I want an explanation. | 我需要一个解释 |
[25:05] | It was your mother’s idea. She made me do it. | 这是你妈妈的主意 她逼我这么做的 |
[25:10] | Darling… | 亲爱的 |
[25:11] | there’s a simple explanation, | 解释这件事很容易 |
[25:13] | if you’ll just calm down for a moment. | 但你需要冷静一下 |
[25:16] | I’m calm. Let’s hear it. | 我很冷静 说吧 |
[25:22] | Do you remember when the Garden Club ladies came over? | 你记得园艺俱乐部的女士们之前过来吗 |
[25:25] | I felt that our home could use a little bit of sprucing up. | 我觉得我们的屋子可以稍稍装点一下 |
[25:29] | And since Mrs. Yost was away on a trip | 而且约斯特太太在外度假 |
[25:31] | and we were looking after her dog, | 我们又帮忙照顾她的狗 |
[25:34] | I thought that she wouldn’t mind if we borrowed a few trinkets. | 我想她不会介意我们借用几个小玩意儿的 |
[25:37] | See? | 明白了吗 |
[25:38] | No big deal. | 不是什么大事 |
[25:42] | The police think whoever stole from Mrs. Yost | 警察认为偷约斯特太太东西的人 |
[25:44] | may have killed her. | 可能就是杀害她的凶手 |
[25:46] | Well, then they’re not very good at their jobs. | 那就是他们工作能力不足了 |
[25:48] | Shall I make pancakes? | 我要去做煎饼了 |
[25:49] | Wait. | 等等 |
[25:51] | If you only borrowed the trinkets for a party, | 如果你借这些小玩意只是为了开派对 |
[25:53] | why didn’t you return them afterwards? | 你为什么之后没有还回去 |
[25:55] | She’s got you there. | 你回答不上了吧 |
[25:57] | – So help me God… – It doesn’t matter. | -我的话千真万确 -没关系 |
[26:00] | Because as soon as her nephew leaves, | 因为等她侄子一走 |
[26:01] | I’m putting everything back. | 我就会把东西都拿回去 |
[26:03] | And I don’t want any guff from you two. | 我也不想听你们俩废话了 |
[26:07] | Well… | 好吧 |
[26:09] | I’ll go to the bank, shall I? | 我还是得去银行 对吗 |
[26:11] | Start emptying our savings account. | 去清空我们的储蓄账户 |
[26:13] | Wait. | 等等 |
[26:17] | Perhaps if we just kidnap Isabel. | 也许我们可以绑架伊莎贝尔 |
[26:20] | Horrible. | 可怕 |
[26:38] | It’s a surprise. I can’t tell you. | 这是个惊喜 我不能告诉你 |
[26:40] | Surprise? It’s not my birthday. | 惊喜 今天不是我生日 |
[26:43] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[26:44] | I bought you a new dress. | 我给你买了条新裙子 |
[26:49] | Where did you get the money for this? | 你哪弄来的钱买这个 |
[26:51] | Never mind. Just hurry. | 别问了 快穿上 |
[26:52] | Carlo Castillo is gonna be here soon. | 卡洛·卡斯蒂罗很快就来了 |
[26:54] | Carlo? | 卡洛 |
[26:55] | He never asks for anyone but Gloria. | 他除了格洛丽亚从不找别人 |
[26:58] | Gloria got fired. | 格洛丽亚被炒了 |
[27:02] | Last time Carlo was here his watch went missing. | 上次卡洛过来时他的表丢了 |
[27:04] | Why would she steal his watch? | 她为什么要偷他的表 |
[27:06] | I heard he was starting to get sweet on her. | 我听说他已经开始喜欢她了 |
[27:08] | I swiped his watch. | 我偷了他的表 |
[27:10] | Then I pawned it to pay for this dress. | 然后把它当了买了这条裙子 |
[27:12] | Isabel. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[27:13] | What could you be thinking? | 你是怎么想的 |
[27:15] | Carlo ain’t just rich, he’s lonely. | 卡洛不仅有钱 而且孤独 |
[27:18] | He likes his whores, but what he really wants is a lady. | 他喜欢他的妓女 但他真正想要的是一位淑女 |
[27:21] | You know how to class it up. | 你知道如何让自己变得高贵优雅 |
[27:24] | I bet he’ll get sweet on you in no time. | 我打赌他很快就会喜欢上你 |
[27:27] | Buy you gifts. | 给你买礼物 |
[27:28] | Give you big tips. | 给你大笔小费 |
[27:30] | He might even take you away from all this. | 他甚至可能带你远离这种生活 |
[27:35] | Well? | 那 |
[27:36] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[27:40] | That should do the trick. | 肯定能行 |
[27:42] | You take such good care of me. | 你对我太好了 |
[27:44] | Always and forever, kid. | 永远爱你 孩子 |
[27:47] | Always and forever. | 永远爱你 |
[28:01] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[28:03] | Do you live in this building? | 你住在这栋楼里吗 |
[28:05] | I’m the landlord. | 我是房东 |
[28:06] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[28:07] | Some information. | 我想了解些信息 |
[28:09] | About a previous tenant– Scooter Polarsky. | 关于一位前租客 斯库特·波拉斯基 |
[28:13] | The pretty-boy actor? | 那个帅哥演员 |
[28:15] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[28:16] | Would you happen to know | 你知不知道 |
[28:17] | who was paying for his rent while he was staying here? | 他住在这里时谁在帮他付房租 |
[28:21] | I’d like to help you, lady. | 我很想帮你 女士 |
[28:22] | But that’s confidential. | 但这是保密的 |
[29:23] | Dee? | 小迪 |
[29:24] | Irving, hi. | 欧文 你好 |
[29:27] | Didn’t I see you drive away a few minutes ago? | 我几分钟前不是看到你开车走了吗 |
[29:29] | I forgot my wallet. | 我忘带钱包了 |
[29:30] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[29:32] | Oh, I was just… | 我只是在… |
[29:34] | looking for Rocco. | 找洛克 |
[29:35] | Yeah. He keeps getting out. | 对 它总是乱跑 |
[29:37] | Thanks again for taking care of him. | 再次感谢你照顾它 |
[29:38] | No problem. | 没事 |
[29:39] | I just hope your aunt turns up. | 我只是希望你姨妈会出现 |
[29:41] | He loves her so much. | 它很爱她 |
[29:43] | Do you have any idea where she was going when she left? | 她离开的时候有没有说过要去哪里 |
[29:45] | The cops seem to have run into a dead end. | 警方似乎陷入死胡同了 |
[29:48] | Didn’t she go to see her sister? | 她不是去看她姐姐了吗 |
[29:50] | No. My aunt only had one sister, | 不 我姨妈只有一个姐姐 |
[29:52] | and Mom died two years ago. | 而我妈妈两年前去世了 |
[29:55] | Mrs. Yost’s sister is dead? | 约斯特太太的姐姐去世了 |
[29:57] | Yeah. Why did you think she wasn’t? | 没错 你为什么会认为她还在世 |
[30:01] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[30:03] | So the police may stop by tomorrow. | 警方明天可能会来一趟 |
[30:05] | If you think of anything… | 如果你想到什么 |
[30:06] | I’ll make sure to tell them. | 我一定知无不言 |
[30:52] | – Hello? – Good. I’m glad I caught you. | -你好 -太好了 你还在 |
[30:55] | Loomis, you got the money? | 卢米斯 钱凑齐了吗 |
[30:57] | No, but I know what you got. | 没有 不过我知道你手里是什么了 |
[30:59] | – And what’s that? – One of my photos. | -是什么 -我拍的照片 |
[31:02] | It shows somebody in that house the night of the murder. | 照片显示谋杀当晚房子里还有别人 |
[31:04] | Someone who’s not Rita. | 而那个人不是丽塔 |
[31:06] | Till you know who it is, you don’t know nothing. | 除非你弄清到底是谁 否则等于白搭 |
[31:09] | I want my cash. | 我要钱 |
[31:10] | I can go to Rita, explain what you want. | 我可以去找丽塔 把你的诉求转达给她 |
[31:12] | But when she finds out you’re letting her rot in jail | 但要是她发现你明明可以为她洗清冤屈 |
[31:14] | – when you could prove she’s innocent… – Yeah, | -却要让她牢底坐穿 -是 |
[31:16] | it’s gonna to hurt. But not any more than the way she hurt me. | 她会难过 但不会比我被她伤害时更难过 |
[31:19] | This is a lousy way | 这种表达情感的方式 |
[31:20] | to let her know how you feel, Isabel. | 可真不怎么样 伊莎贝尔 |
[31:22] | You don’t know. | 你知道什么 |
[31:23] | The way she treated me, after all I did for her. | 我为她做了那么多 她却这样对待我 |
[31:25] | What you’re doing, it is not right, and it’s not justice. | 你现在的行为 不正确 更不正义 |
[31:29] | So I am begging you. | 所以拜托了 |
[31:30] | If you ever truly loved Rita, | 如果你真心爱过丽塔 |
[31:33] | do right by her. | 就做正确的事吧 |
[31:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:49] | I’ll give you the photo. | 照片我给你 |
[31:50] | Show it to the D.A. or whoever can get her out of jail. | 你拿给地检或者随便什么人 把她弄出来 |
[31:53] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[31:55] | I can come over there right now. | 我现在就可以过来 |
[31:56] | No. I still need it. | 不 照片我还有用 |
[31:58] | Certain people got to pay for what they did. | 有人要为自己的行为付出代价 |
[32:00] | Come to my hotel, 10:00 p.m.. | 晚上十点钟来酒店 |
[32:08] | Rona, we’re gonna need some more of these gauze bandages. | 罗娜 纱布绷带不够了 |
[32:11] | No, it’s me. | 不 是我 |
[32:13] | Is now a bad time? | 现在不方便吗 |
[32:15] | Not really. | 还好 |
[32:17] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[32:20] | I, uh… | 我 |
[32:22] | I’ve been doing some thinking, and… | 我想了很久 |
[32:25] | I see now that I’ve made a total mess of our lives. | 认识到我给我们的生活带来了很大麻烦 |
[32:30] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[32:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:35] | So… | 所以 |
[32:37] | Have you been to the bank yet? | 你去过银行了没有 |
[32:40] | Yes, I emptied our accounts. | 去了 钱全取出来了 |
[32:43] | And I borrowed the rest off an old school chum. | 不够的跟一个老同学借了 |
[32:46] | Mr. Gray is on line one for you. | 格雷先生来电 |
[32:48] | Speak of the devil. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[32:49] | I’ll take it in here. | 我在这里接 |
[32:50] | Thank you, Rona. | 谢谢 罗娜 |
[32:51] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[32:56] | Georgie. | 乔基 |
[32:57] | Hello, old boy. | 你好 老朋友 |
[32:58] | Yes, yes, I got the check. | 是的 是的 支票收到了 |
[33:01] | Yes, I’m a fool | 我太蠢了 |
[33:03] | to have gotten in such a jam. | 惹上一身麻烦 |
[33:06] | It won’t happen again. | 不会有下次了 |
[33:08] | Yes, I promise. | 是 我保证 |
[33:10] | Georgie. | 乔基 |
[33:12] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[33:14] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[33:19] | What did you say the money was for? | 你告诉他为什么需要这笔钱了吗 |
[33:22] | Gambling debts. | 还赌债 |
[33:23] | Loan sharks threatening to break my legs. | 放高利贷的威胁要打断我的腿 |
[33:25] | I couldn’t think how else to explain the urgency. | 我不知道还有什么能解释我的急迫了 |
[33:28] | – That must have been humiliating. – Yes. | -你一定感到很丢脸吧 -是的 |
[33:31] | Just a bit. | 有一点 |
[33:33] | Alma… | 艾尔玛 |
[33:35] | I want you to know, | 我想让你知道 |
[33:36] | it means a great deal that you came here and apologized. | 你亲自来道歉对我来说很重要 |
[33:38] | I saw you yesterday, looking at our wedding album. | 我昨天看到你在翻我们的婚礼相簿 |
[33:42] | Wondering where the woman you married had gone. | 脑中思索着当年你娶的那个女人去哪儿了 |
[33:45] | I want you to know that she’s still here. | 我想让你知道她还在这儿 |
[33:50] | She still loves you. | 她依旧爱着你 |
[33:55] | Deeply. | 一往情深 |
[33:58] | That’s good to know. | 谢谢你让我知道 |
[34:00] | Now, if we can just get over this one last hurdle. | 如果我们能一起度过这最后的难关就好了 |
[34:05] | We will. | 会的 |
[34:06] | I’m not worried. | 我一点也不担心 |
[34:13] | – Well, I should go. – Yes. | -我该走了 -好的 |
[34:16] | – Bye. – Goodbye. | -再见 -再见 |
[34:38] | Calm down a second. I can explain! | 冷静点 听我解释 |
[34:40] | Why should I believe you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[34:41] | Every word out of your mouth is a lie. | 从你嘴里说出的每句话都是谎言 |
[34:43] | You never cared for me. Admit it! | 你从来就不在乎我 承认吧 |
[34:46] | Hey, you almost hit me. | 你差点打到我了 |
[34:47] | Just admit it! Rita asked you | 快承认吧 丽塔让你引诱我 |
[34:49] | to seduce me just to get that photo. | 只是为了拿到那张照片 |
[34:52] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[34:53] | That was the plan. | 本来是这么计划的 |
[34:55] | Rita asked me to pretend I liked you. | 丽塔让我装作喜欢上你 |
[34:58] | But after a while, | 但过了一段时间 |
[34:58] | I didn’t have to pretend, because you’re amazing. | 我就不需要假装了 因为你是如此令人着迷 |
[35:01] | And I really began to care for you. | 而我也开始在乎你 |
[35:04] | Look at the actor, telling his pretty lies. | 看看这演员 用华丽的谎言掩盖真相 |
[35:07] | Yes. | 没错 |
[35:08] | In the beginning, I was playing a part. | 刚开始的时候 我是在表演 |
[35:11] | But then I-I started to see that you’re everything Rita isn’t. | 但我逐渐在你身上看到丽塔所没有的品质 |
[35:14] | You’re warm a-and kind and loving. | 你很温柔体贴 而且善良 |
[35:18] | Rita could be… | 而丽塔却 |
[35:20] | really mean. | 很刻薄 |
[35:24] | That’s because she’s evil. | 那是因为她很邪恶 |
[35:26] | Well, that’s a little bit strong. | 那就有点言重了 |
[35:28] | No. | 不 |
[35:29] | She is. | 她就是 |
[35:31] | She corrupted you. | 她让你堕落 |
[35:33] | She used you to help her kill Papa. | 利用你帮她杀死了爸爸 |
[35:36] | You think? | 你这么认为 |
[35:38] | That’s why she asked you to seduce me. | 这就是为什么她要你来引诱我 |
[35:40] | To keep me distracted while she poisoned him. | 转移我的注意好给他下毒 |
[35:44] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[35:45] | Didn’t she hate my papa? | 她不是恨我爸爸吗 |
[35:46] | I guess you could say that. | 你可以这么说吧 |
[35:48] | No. | 不 |
[35:50] | You will say that, in court. | 你要这么说 在法庭上 |
[35:53] | In court? | 法庭 |
[35:54] | You will testify against Rita. | 你要出面指证丽塔 |
[35:57] | I don’t know… | 我说不好 |
[35:59] | This is how you will prove your love to me. | 你将以此证明你对我的爱 |
[36:03] | And I will take such good care of you in return. | 而我也会好好关爱你作为回报 |
[36:16] | Oh, like that? | 你喜欢这样吗 |
[36:18] | All right, take your clothes off. | 好了 脱衣服吧 |
[36:40] | Hey, Cousin. | 你好啊 表妹 |
[36:43] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[36:45] | Isabel. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[36:46] | Oh, how I’ve missed you. | 我好想你 |
[36:49] | I’m so sorry it took so long for me to send for you. | 我很抱歉这么晚才邀请你来 |
[36:53] | Who cares? | 无所谓 |
[36:54] | I’m here now. | 我现在到了 |
[36:56] | Look at this place. | 看看这个地方 |
[36:57] | I’m finally gonna be living in style. | 我终于要过上奢华的生活了 |
[37:00] | Yes. Well… | 没错 |
[37:02] | Let’s sit over here. | 我们来这边坐一会 |
[37:04] | Everything okay? | 你还好吧 |
[37:06] | You seem anxious. | 你看起来很焦虑 |
[37:08] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[37:12] | Living with Carlo is tricky. | 和卡洛一起生活不容易 |
[37:15] | He can be moody and he drinks. A lot. | 他喜怒无常 酗酒 |
[37:19] | Well, Izzy is here now to protect you, | 伊兹是来保护你的 |
[37:22] | like when we were little. | 就像我们小时候那样 |
[37:23] | Except now, I don’t think we’ll have to share a room. | 但是现在 我们不必再住在一间房了 |
[37:26] | No. | 是的 |
[37:29] | Is that a gift for me? | 那是送我的礼物吗 |
[37:32] | Yes, but I need to explain it. | 是的 但我要解释一下 |
[37:35] | Since when you got to explain a gift? | 送礼物还需要解释吗 |
[37:36] | It’s just, Carlo set certain conditions for you to stay here. | 只是卡洛定下了一些条件才同意你留在这里 |
[37:40] | What conditions? | 什么条件 |
[37:47] | You expect me to be your maid? | 你想让我做你的佣人吗 |
[37:49] | It’s not what I want. | 我也不想这样 |
[37:51] | It was the only way to get Carlo to agree, | 只有这样 卡洛才会同意 |
[37:54] | and I need you here. | 我很需要你在这里 |
[37:55] | As a maid. | 做佣人 |
[37:57] | As a friend. | 做朋友 |
[37:59] | Carlo’s old. | 卡洛老了 |
[38:01] | He won’t live more than another year or two, | 他最多再活个一两年 |
[38:03] | and when he dies, we’ll be rich. | 等他死了 我们就有钱了 |
[38:06] | I’ll finally be able to take care of you. | 到时我就终于能照顾你了 |
[38:09] | Please say yes. Please. | 拜托你答应吧 求你了 |
[38:12] | Once he’s gone, we’ll be free. | 他一死 我们就自由了 |
[38:14] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[38:16] | Please. | 求你了 |
[38:30] | 我要永远离开加州了 我能在你那暂住一两周吗 | |
[38:45] | What’s he doing here? | 他怎么来了 |
[38:46] | You didn’t think I’d come here without my husband to protect me? | 你觉得我会在没有我丈夫保护的情况下来吗 |
[38:49] | Why do you need protection from me? | 你来我这为什么需要人保护 |
[38:50] | I’m not dangerous. | 我不是危险人物 |
[38:51] | Yes, and neither is my wife. | 是的 但我妻子也不是 |
[38:53] | Here’s your money. | 这是你的钱 |
[38:54] | Give us the photograph and negative. | 把照片和底片给我们 |
[38:56] | Not till I count it. | 先等我数数钱 |
[38:58] | Come in. | 请进吧 |
[39:07] | It’s a horrible thing you’re doing. | 你这么做太坏了 |
[39:09] | That’s all the money we have in the world. | 这是我们所有的身家财产 |
[39:10] | I don’t feel sorry for you. | 我不觉得你们可怜 |
[39:12] | My cousin’s in jail ’cause of what you two did. | 我表妹进监狱都因为你们俩 |
[39:15] | Rita is your cousin? | 丽塔是你表妹吗 |
[39:16] | Don’t believe me? | 不相信我吗 |
[39:17] | Look for yourself. | 那你自己看吧 |
[39:24] | Looks like it’s all here. | 钱数没错 |
[39:26] | Yes, of course it is. Just give us what we came for. | 当然没错 把我们要的东西给我们 |
[39:29] | About that, no can do. | 这个嘛 不能给 |
[39:31] | – What? – I don’t mean to be difficult. | -什么 -我不是故意要刁难你们 |
[39:33] | But if Rita does go to trial, I got to be able to protect her. | 但如果丽塔上了法庭 我要保护她 |
[39:36] | The negative is ours. | 底片是我们的 |
[39:37] | We’ve just paid for it. | 我们刚刚付了你钱 |
[39:38] | What can I say? Life ain’t fair. | 我能说什么呢 生活本来就不公平 |
[39:40] | So true. | 一点也没错 |
[39:43] | – Alma! – That hurt! | -艾尔玛 -好痛 |
[39:45] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[39:47] | You heard her. | 你听到她的话了 |
[39:48] | She was gonna turn us in to protect Rita. | 她为了保护艾尔玛 要告发我们 |
[39:50] | What was that? I can’t breathe… | 那是什么 我呼吸不了… |
[39:52] | Don’t worry, I’m a doctor. | 别担心 我是医生 |
[39:53] | You’re a vet. | 你是兽医 |
[39:57] | What did you give her? | 你给她注射了什么 |
[39:58] | The same thing you gave Carlo. | 你给卡洛注射的东西 |
[39:59] | I-I can never pronounce it. | 我叫不出名字 |
[40:01] | That’s why you came to my office, isn’t it? | 你来我办公室就是为了这个 对吗 |
[40:03] | Not to apologize but to steal the drug. | 你不是来道歉的 你是来偷药的 |
[40:07] | You’re gonna burn in hell for this! | 你们会为此下地狱的 |
[40:11] | Alma, you lied to me. | 艾尔玛 你骗了我 |
[40:13] | You don’t care about our marriage at all. | 你根本不在意我们的婚姻 |
[40:15] | Killing is stressful enough | 杀人压力已经够大了 |
[40:16] | without quarreling in front of the victim. | 你还要当着受害者的面跟我争吵 |
[40:28] | You killed her. | 你杀了她 |
[40:30] | To save us. | 为了救我们 |
[40:31] | She died… | 她死了 |
[40:33] | in fear. | 带着恐惧 |
[40:35] | And pain. | 还有痛苦 |
[40:36] | No sedative. | 没有用镇静剂 |
[40:37] | No tenderness. | 没有临终关怀 |
[40:39] | She was blackmailing us. | 她想敲诈我们 |
[40:40] | Go to the car. I want to be alone with her. | 上车去 我想和她单独待会 |
[40:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[40:44] | To say goodbye properly. | 给她一个体面的告别 |
[40:47] | – Bertram… – Go to the car! | -伯特伦 -上车去 |
[40:51] | I don’t understand. | 我不理解 |
[40:54] | I know you don’t. | 我知道你不能 |
[40:56] | You never have. | 你从来没理解过 |
[41:11] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:57] | Did you find the negative? | 你找到底片了吗 |
[41:58] | Yes. Just drive. | 找到了 开车 |
[42:24] | Miss Duarte? | 杜瓦特小姐 |
[42:45] | 丽塔是无辜的 是我给卡洛下了毒 我罪有应得 不能再苟活于世 很抱歉 | |
[43:00] | Thank you for coming in so early, Mr. Greeley. | 谢谢你这么早赶来 格瑞里先生 |
[43:03] | As I said on the phone, | 我电话上也说了 |
[43:04] | I have something very important to discuss with you. | 我有很重要的事要跟你商量 |
[43:07] | And, uh, I have something to tell you. | 我也有事要告诉你 |
[43:09] | Let me begin. | 我先说 |
[43:12] | Isabel is my family. | 伊莎贝尔是我的家人 |
[43:15] | I will not sacrifice her to save myself. | 我不能为了自救而牺牲她 |
[43:18] | Hold on, Rita… | 等等 丽塔 |
[43:18] | My decision is final, Mr. Greeley. | 我心意已决 格瑞里先生 |
[43:21] | You’ll have to think of another way to get me out of here. | 你只能另寻他法把我弄出去了 |
[43:23] | Shouldn’t be too difficult. | 应该也不会很难 |
[43:25] | After all, I am innocent. | 毕竟 我是被冤枉的 |
[43:33] | Isabel killed herself last night. | 伊莎贝尔昨晚自杀了 |
[43:38] | What? | 什么 |
[43:39] | And she left a note. | 她留了张字条 |
[43:40] | A confession, really. | 应该算是认罪书 |
[43:43] | She says she killed your husband. | 她说是她杀了你的丈夫 |
[43:50] | 约斯特太太失踪 车被找到 未发现尸体 她去探望谁了 姐姐死了 没有留纸条 | |
[44:02] | All right, Rocco. Hold on. | 行了 洛克 等一下 |
[44:18] | What’s wrong, boy? | 怎么了 小子 |
[44:22] | You bury a bone or something? | 你在这埋了根骨头吗 |
[44:25] | I’ll help you. | 我来帮你 |
[44:27] | Good. I got it. | 好了 让我来 |
[44:31] | Okay. I’m going as fast as I can. | 好了 我已经尽可能快了 |
[45:28] | Vern, it’s me. | 维恩 是我 |
[45:29] | Listen, are you busy today? ‘Cause, uh… | 听我说 你今天忙吗 因为… |
[45:33] | I want to get married. | 我想结婚 |
[45:36] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[45:37] | I want to elope. | 我想和你私奔 |
[45:40] | I can’t really explain it. | 我没法跟你解释 |
[45:43] | I just need to get out of this house. | 我只想离开这个家 |