| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:06] | You will be remembered. | 你也会被铭记 | 
| [00:09] | I’m so sick of all your lies! | 我听够了你的谎言 | 
| [00:14] | “Relax, Isabel. | “别紧张 伊莎贝尔 | 
| [00:15] | “No one’s found Harry’s body yet, | 还没人找到哈里的尸体 | 
| [00:17] | and we’re never going back to Galveston.” | 而且我们再也不会回加尔维斯顿了” | 
| [00:19] | I don’t know which Harry from Galveston this is, | 我不知道这是加尔维斯顿的哪个哈里 | 
| [00:19] | Hollywood… | 好莱坞 | 
| [00:22] | but I intend to find out. | 但我打算查清楚 | 
| [00:23] | Is there a chance | 有没有可能 | 
| [00:24] | that anyone else was in this house that night? | 那晚房子里还有其他人 | 
| [00:26] | I don’t know why you’re so smug. That photo proves nothing. | 我不知道为什么你沾沾自喜 这照片证明不了任何事 | 
| [00:29] | It proves you were there. You killed Carlo | 这证明了你在现场 你杀了卡洛 | 
| [00:31] | and now, you’ll have to pay me to keep quiet. | 现在你得花钱让我闭嘴 | 
| [00:34] | The negative is ours. We’ve just paid for it. | 底片是我们的 我们刚刚付了你钱 | 
| [00:36] | What can I say? Life ain’t fair. | 我能说什么呢 生活本来就不公平 | 
| [00:40] | She died in fear. | 她带着恐惧而死 | 
| [00:42] | No sedative. No tenderness. | 没有用镇静剂 没有临终关怀 | 
| [00:45] | Isabel killed herself last night. | 伊莎贝尔昨晚自杀了 | 
| [00:47] | And she left a note, a confession. | 她留了张字条 认罪书 | 
| [00:49] | She says she killed your husband. | 她说是她杀了你的丈夫 | 
| [00:51] | What’s wrong, boy? You bury a bone or something? | 怎么了 小子 你在这埋了根骨头吗 | 
| [00:55] | Vern, it’s me. | 维恩 是我 | 
| [00:56] | I can’t really explain it. | 我没法跟你解释 | 
| [00:58] | I want to elope. | 我想和你私奔 | 
| [00:59] | I just need to get out of this house. | 我只想离开这个家 | 
| [01:08] | Three weeks had passed since the murder of Isabel Duarte. | 距离伊莎贝尔·杜瓦特被杀已过去三周 | 
| [01:12] | And her killer was now a member of the Elysian Park Garden Club. | 而杀她的凶手成了极乐公园园艺俱乐部的一员 | 
| [01:18] | Alma Fillcot quickly established herself | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特很快就把自己树立成 | 
| [01:21] | as a gracious hostess. | 一位亲切的女主人 | 
| [01:23] | Always willing to shower her guests with lovely compliments, | 总是愿意用可爱的赞美和搞笑的故事 | 
| [01:27] | and hilarious stories. | 来款待她的客人 | 
| [01:30] | But none of her new friends seemed to notice | 但她的新朋友似乎都没有注意到 | 
| [01:33] | the darkness behind her eyes. | 她眼神后的黑暗 | 
| [01:37] | It was the look of a woman | 那是一个得到了 | 
| [01:39] | who’d gotten everything she wanted, | 她想要的一切的女人的表情 | 
| [01:42] | only to find | 然后却发现 | 
| [01:44] | it wasn’t enough. | 还是不够 | 
| [01:49] | I heard Rita is being released from prison today. | 我听说丽塔今天就要出狱了 | 
| [01:52] | Really? | 是吗 | 
| [01:54] | – Do you think she’ll want to come back to the club? – I hope not. | -你觉得她会想要回到俱乐部吗 -希望不会 | 
| [01:57] | I don’t care if her maid did confess to the murder. | 我不在乎她的女佣是否承认谋杀 | 
| [01:59] | Rita’s reputation is in tatters. | 丽塔已经声名狼藉 | 
| [02:01] | I take it you’ve heard the rumors about Rita’s affair with that boy? | 你应该听说了丽塔跟那个男生偷情的事了吧 | 
| [02:04] | Well, obviously. | 当然 | 
| [02:06] | But still, don’t you think it’s time we had a new president? | 不过 你们不觉得是时候选个新主席了吗 | 
| [02:09] | Absolutely. We need new blood. | 没错 我们需要新鲜血液 | 
| [02:12] | Can anyone toss their hat in the ring? | 任何人都能参与吗 | 
| [02:14] | Or is it based on seniority? | 还是说要看辈分 | 
| [02:17] | Anyone can run. | 任何人都能竞选 | 
| [02:19] | Even our newest member. | 即使是最新加入的成员 | 
| [02:20] | No, I wasn’t asking for me. | 不 我不是为我问的 | 
| [02:22] | – Stop. – Oh, well, why not, Alma? | -别说了 -有何不可 艾尔玛 | 
| [02:25] | We need someone smart. | 我们需要一个聪明的人 | 
| [02:27] | Oh, I hope a few people run this time | 我希望这次能多几个人竞选 | 
| [02:28] | to make it more interesting. | 这样才更有趣 | 
| [02:31] | No one ever dared go up against Rita. | 以前从来没有人敢站出来跟丽塔竞争 | 
| [02:34] | Alma, could you get me my stole? | 艾尔玛 能帮我把披肩拿来吗 | 
| [02:35] | I have to get ready for my party tonight. | 我得去为今晚的派对做准备了 | 
| [02:37] | Of course, and I made a lovely crumb cake. | 当然 我还做了个可爱的碎屑面包 | 
| [02:40] | I’ll bring that out as well. | 我也一起端出来 | 
| [02:42] | Excuse me. | 失陪 | 
| [02:47] | – Alma, may I have a word? – Of course. | -艾尔玛 能聊两句吗 -当然 | 
| [02:50] | You’re not taking Grace seriously, are you? | 你没真把格蕾丝的话当真吧 | 
| [02:52] | About the presidency? | 关于竞选主席的事 | 
| [02:54] | I don’t know. | 我也说不好 | 
| [02:55] | Maybe. Why? | 也许吧 怎么了 | 
| [02:57] | The president of the Elysian Park Garden Club | 极乐公园园艺俱乐部的主席 | 
| [02:59] | needs to be the face of the organization, | 必须得是门面担当 | 
| [03:02] | an elegant liaison to the community. | 得是社区一位高雅的联系人 | 
| [03:07] | You don’t think I’m elegant? | 你觉得我不高雅吗 | 
| [03:08] | Look, I know you’re buying nicer clothes, | 听着 我知道你在买更好的衣服 | 
| [03:12] | spending more time on your hair. | 花更多的时间打理发型 | 
| [03:15] | But… | 但是… | 
| [03:16] | But you… | 但是… | 
| [03:19] | can’t make a silk purse out of a… | 那什么可变不成白天鹅 | 
| [03:23] | Well, I think you know the saying. | 你应该知道那句老话 | 
| [03:29] | Am I interrupting something? | 我打扰到什么了吗 | 
| [03:31] | I was just telling Alma | 我只是在跟艾尔玛说 | 
| [03:32] | that I hope she’ll vote for me as president. | 希望她能投票选我做主席 | 
| [03:34] | And I was telling Joan, I won’t be able to, | 而我在跟琼说 我没法投她 | 
| [03:36] | since I’m running myself. | 因为我也要参选 | 
| [03:38] | So it’s a horse race. | 这么说有比赛了 | 
| [03:40] | What fun. | 多有意思啊 | 
| [03:42] | Well, I will see you both at my party tonight. | 我今晚的派对你俩可都得来 | 
| [03:44] | It starts at 8:00. | 八点开始 | 
| [03:49] | I suppose I should go, too. | 我想我也该走了 | 
| [03:52] | Yes, you should. | 是的 你该走了 | 
| [03:55] | It was at that moment, | 就在那一刻 | 
| [03:56] | Joan finally saw the madness in Alma’s eyes. | 琼终于看到了艾尔玛眼底的疯狂 | 
| [04:02] | Joan was unnerved and quickly retreated. | 琼怕了 很快便撤退了 | 
| [04:05] | But sadly for Joan, | 但遗憾的是 | 
| [04:07] | her fate was already sealed. | 她的命运已经注定了 | 
| [04:36] | Three weeks had passed since Dee Fillcot had eloped | 小迪·菲尔科特与维恩·卢米斯 | 
| [04:39] | with Vern Loomis for a City Hall wedding. | 私奔去市政厅结婚已经三周了 | 
| [04:42] | But neither of her parents | 但她的双亲 | 
| [04:44] | had been invited to the brief ceremony. | 都没被邀请去参加简单的仪式 | 
| [04:48] | Her father was desperate to know why. | 她父亲非常想知道原因 | 
| [04:52] | Though he had his suspicions. | 不过他心里已经有了猜想 | 
| [04:58] | Hey, Mr. Fillcot. | 菲尔科特先生 | 
| [05:00] | Uh, sorry, but Dee’s already gone out for the day. | 抱歉 小迪已经去上班了 | 
| [05:03] | I missed her again, eh? | 我又跟她错过了 是吧 | 
| [05:05] | Well, uh, I brought a few more things from the house. I… | 我又从家里带了点东西来 我… | 
| [05:08] | thought she might like to have them. | 我想着她可能会想要 | 
| [05:10] | Oh, that’s, that’s very thoughtful. | 这…这可真贴心 | 
| [05:14] | Tell her, if she should have a moment, | 告诉她 如果她有时间 | 
| [05:17] | I’d love to hear from her. | 希望她能联系我 | 
| [05:20] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [05:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [05:32] | Thanks. | 谢了 | 
| [05:33] | It’s only 9:30. | 现在才九点半 | 
| [05:35] | I could already smell the whiskey on his breath. | 我已经能闻到他一身酒气 | 
| [05:37] | Whatever’s going on with you guys, | 不管你们家发生了什么事 | 
| [05:38] | it is tearing him up inside. | 都让他非常烦恼 | 
| [05:41] | Well, it’s tearing me up, too. | 也让我很烦恼 | 
| [05:45] | Is it me? | 是因为我吗 | 
| [05:46] | Am I the reason we eloped? | 所以我们才要私奔 | 
| [05:48] | They didn’t want you to marry me? | 他们不想让你嫁给我 | 
| [05:50] | No. They like you very much. | 不 他们很喜欢你 | 
| [05:52] | Then why won’t you tell me what’s going on? | 那你为什么不肯告诉我怎么回事 | 
| [05:54] | I can’t. | 我不能说 | 
| [05:56] | I just can’t. | 我就是不能 | 
| [05:59] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [06:00] | But whatever it is, they’re your parents. | 但不管出于什么原因 他们都是你爸妈 | 
| [06:03] | You can’t just cut them off without an explanation. | 你不能不解释就和他们断绝关系 | 
| [06:06] | Easy for you to say. | 你说得容易 | 
| [06:08] | You don’t know what they did. | 你不知道他们干了什么 | 
| [06:10] | I know we got a baby coming. | 我知道我们的孩子快出生了 | 
| [06:12] | What if he or she just stopped talking to us one day? | 如果他或她有一天不理我们了呢 | 
| [06:15] | How would you feel? | 你会有什么感受 | 
| [06:26] | Seriously? | 不是吧 | 
| [06:27] | You expect me to wear this cheap thing? | 你要我穿这破衣服吗 | 
| [06:30] | Hey, that’s my wife’s best dress. | 这可是我妻子最漂亮的裙子 | 
| [06:31] | Well, loosen the purse strings, tightwad. | 花点钱吧 守财奴 | 
| [06:33] | This is ugly as sin. | 这裙子丑死了 | 
| [06:34] | Eh, she’s only my first wife. | 她只是我第一任妻子嘛 | 
| [06:36] | I promise to spend more on the second. | 我保证会对第二任老婆大方点 | 
| [06:38] | Ugh, this is so depressing. | 太令人郁闷了 | 
| [06:41] | You know there are photographers out there. | 外面可是有摄影师的 | 
| [06:44] | You’re getting out of jail. | 你要出狱了 | 
| [06:45] | You know, that puts most people in a good mood. | 大部分人会感到心情好 | 
| [06:47] | How happy should I be? | 我该有多开心 | 
| [06:50] | I just lost my best friend in the entire world. | 我刚刚失去了我在这世上最好的朋友 | 
| [06:52] | You mean your maid? | 你是指你的女佣吗 | 
| [06:53] | Isabel was also my cousin. | 伊莎贝尔也是我表姐 | 
| [06:55] | A cousin you hired as a maid. | 被你雇去当女佣的表姐 | 
| [06:57] | She cleaned your house for ten years, | 她替你打扫了十年房子 | 
| [06:59] | murdered the husband that you couldn’t stand, | 杀了你无法忍受的丈夫 | 
| [07:00] | and then killed herself to clear your name. | 接着为了洗清你的罪名又自杀 | 
| [07:03] | And they say good help is hard to find. | 人们还说好仆人很难找呢 | 
| [07:10] | It was a joke. | 我只是说笑话 | 
| [07:11] | Smile. | 笑一个嘛 | 
| [07:16] | If they’re dropping the charges, | 如果他们撤销指控 | 
| [07:18] | I’m back in Carlo’s will, right? | 我就回到卡洛的遗嘱上了 对吗 | 
| [07:20] | Same as before. | 和之前一样 | 
| [07:21] | You and the daughter split the estate. | 你和他女儿平分房产 | 
| [07:22] | Not the house. | 我不是说那栋房子 | 
| [07:24] | That’s all mine. | 那全归我 | 
| [07:25] | Can’t wait to kick her out, huh? | 等不及把她赶走了 对吗 | 
| [07:27] | Oh, trust me. | 相信我 | 
| [07:29] | I’m going to kick her ass so hard, | 我会狠狠把她踢出去 | 
| [07:31] | she won’t need a plane to get back to Texas. | 让她不用坐飞机就能一路滚回得州 | 
| [07:36] | There’s the smile I was waiting for. | 终于露出我一直在等的笑容了 | 
| [07:45] | What is this called? | 这个叫什么 | 
| [07:47] | Pan dulce. | 甜面包 | 
| [07:48] | It’s Mama’s recipe. | 是我妈妈的食谱 | 
| [07:50] | I can make it for you anytime you want. | 我随时都可以做给你吃 | 
| [07:53] | Well, not too often. | 偶尔做就行了 | 
| [07:54] | Something this good has got to be fattening. | 这么好吃的东西容易让人发胖 | 
| [07:58] | Food is like lovemaking. | 食物就像是水乳交融 | 
| [08:00] | The better it is, | 越美好 | 
| [08:01] | the more guilty you feel once you’re finished. | 事后就越愧疚 | 
| [08:05] | Ma’am? | 小姐 | 
| [08:06] | Your lawyers called. | 你的律师打电话来 | 
| [08:08] | The D.A. has dropped the charges against Rita. | 地检官已经撤销了对丽塔的指控 | 
| [08:11] | She is being released today. | 他们今天会释放她 | 
| [08:12] | Thank God. | 感谢上天 | 
| [08:15] | I mean… | 我是说 | 
| [08:17] | I don’t have to testify now. | 我现在不必作证了 | 
| [08:19] | That was making me nervous. | 出庭作证让我很紧张 | 
| [08:21] | It’s not right. | 这样不对 | 
| [08:22] | Just because Isabel took the blame, | 伊莎贝尔顶了罪 | 
| [08:23] | doesn’t mean Rita wasn’t in cahoots with her. | 并不代表丽塔没和她勾结 | 
| [08:26] | Come on. | 别这样 | 
| [08:27] | You still think she could kill somebody? | 你还认为她有可能杀人吗 | 
| [08:29] | The detectives I hired in Texas | 我在得州雇的侦探 | 
| [08:31] | have uncovered all sorts of vile information about Rita. | 已经找出各种关于丽塔的卑鄙资料 | 
| [08:34] | And yes. | 没错 | 
| [08:36] | I think Rita is capable of anything. | 我认为丽塔什么都干得出来 | 
| [08:39] | So, if she should come here today… | 如果她今天来这里 | 
| [08:42] | She will. | 她会的 | 
| [08:44] | And you let her in. | 让她进来吧 | 
| [08:48] | Baby? | 宝贝 | 
| [08:50] | What are you planning to do to Rita? | 你打算怎么对付丽塔 | 
| [08:52] | Something delicious, | 用一些有趣的招数 | 
| [08:54] | and I won’t feel guilty once I’m done. | 做一些事后不会让我愧疚的事 | 
| [09:09] | Hello? | 你好 | 
| [09:10] | Grace, it’s Alma. | 格蕾丝 我是艾尔玛 | 
| [09:13] | I wanted to thank you | 我想谢谢你 | 
| [09:14] | for suggesting that I run for club president. | 建议我参选俱乐部主席 | 
| [09:16] | I’ve decided to take your advice and… | 我决定接受你的建议 | 
| [09:19] | Well, I’m hoping I can count on your vote. | 我希望你能投我一票 | 
| [09:23] | Dear. | 亲爱的 | 
| [09:24] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 | 
| [09:26] | Joan is running, too, and… | 琼也要参选 | 
| [09:28] | well, she would be so hurt if I didn’t support her. | 如果我不支持她 她一定会很伤心 | 
| [09:32] | Well, I’m only running because you said I should. | 我是因为你说我应该参选 我才参选的 | 
| [09:34] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [09:36] | But Joan has had such a rough year. | 但是琼这一年过得很煎熬 | 
| [09:38] | How so? | 怎么会 | 
| [09:40] | Well, her husband is always away on business. | 她丈夫总是出差 | 
| [09:43] | And her son is not speaking to her now. | 她儿子现在不跟她说话 | 
| [09:47] | And she just had to fire her maid… | 她不得不炒了她的佣人 | 
| [09:49] | for stealing. | 因为偷窃 | 
| [09:52] | Poor Joan. | 可怜的琼 | 
| [09:55] | There’s nothing worse than a maid you can’t trust. | 有一个不能信任的女佣是最糟糕的事了 | 
| [10:00] | Grace, I’ve got to go. | 格蕾丝 我要挂了 | 
| [10:03] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 | 
| [10:08] | Well. | 好吧 | 
| [10:09] | Hello, stranger. | 你好 陌生人 | 
| [10:11] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 | 
| [10:13] | Your father and I have been wondering | 你爸爸和我都觉得奇怪 | 
| [10:15] | why you’re ignoring our phone calls. | 为什么你不接我们的电话 | 
| [10:17] | I’ve been wondering about some things, too. | 我也对一些事情感到奇怪 | 
| [10:20] | Like what? | 例如 | 
| [10:21] | Like why is Mrs. Yost buried in our garden? | 像是为什么约斯特太太被埋在我们的花园里 | 
| [10:31] | These are copies of the autopsy for the Castillo guy | 这是那个卡斯蒂罗的尸检报告副本 | 
| [10:33] | and the lady who confessed to killing him. | 还有那个承认杀人的凶手 | 
| [10:35] | – That was his maid, Isabel. – Right. | -那是他的佣人 伊莎贝尔 -对 | 
| [10:37] | So, the millionaire died with two drugs in his system. | 百万富翁死的时候体内有两种药 | 
| [10:40] | Uh, first an analgesic, which sedates and reduces pain; | 第一种是镇痛药 用于镇静止痛 | 
| [10:43] | the other was… | 另外一种是 | 
| [10:46] | potassium chloride. | 氯化钾 | 
| [10:48] | So, I’m thinking that the maid | 我觉得女佣 | 
| [10:49] | got him relaxed first, so he didn’t feel any pain. | 先让他镇静下来 感受不到任何疼痛 | 
| [10:52] | And then, she went in for the kill. | 然后再杀他 | 
| [10:54] | And she used the same combination to kill herself? | 然后她用了同样的方法自杀吗 | 
| [10:56] | No. That’s where it gets weird. | 不是 这就是奇怪的地方 | 
| [10:58] | She didn’t use an analgesic, just potassium chloride. | 她没有用镇痛药 只用了氯化钾 | 
| [11:02] | That is nasty stuff. | 氯化钾可不是什么好东西 | 
| [11:04] | That’s a horrible way to die. | 这样的死法太恐怖了 | 
| [11:05] | – Doesn’t make sense, does it? – No. | -这说不通 对吧 -是说不通 | 
| [11:08] | Listen, I got to go. | 我得走了 | 
| [11:08] | If the coroner finds out I’m talking to you… | 如果验尸官发现我向你透露了信息 | 
| [11:10] | Joe, wait. | 乔 等等 | 
| [11:12] | Where would someone go to buy these drugs? | 去哪能买到这些药 | 
| [11:14] | Well, any pharmacy could do it. | 药店就能买 | 
| [11:16] | But you’re going to need to be some kind of doctor | 但得是个医生 | 
| [11:18] | if you want to write a prescription. | 因为需要医生处方 | 
| [11:28] | If I may ask, | 我想问问 | 
| [11:29] | how did you happen to find Mrs. Yost? | 你是怎么发现约斯特太太的 | 
| [11:33] | Rocco was digging. | 洛克在挖地 | 
| [11:34] | I walked over and… | 我走过去 | 
| [11:36] | Wh-What does it matter? | 这重要吗 | 
| [11:39] | The question is, how did she get there? | 问题是她怎么被埋在那 | 
| [11:44] | Right. Well… | 这个嘛 | 
| [11:48] | Do you remember the night I told you not to come home? | 你记得我让你别回家那晚吗 | 
| [11:51] | That your father and I needed to talk? | 你爸爸和我要谈一谈 | 
| [11:54] | You were upset because Daddy was seeing another woman. | 你很沮丧 因为爸爸出轨了 | 
| [11:58] | Yes, I was. | 是的 | 
| [12:01] | Wait. | 等等 | 
| [12:02] | Was it Mrs. Yost? | 出轨对象是约斯特太太吗 | 
| [12:04] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [12:05] | Once I found out, I put a stop to it but… | 我发现的时候就制止了他们 | 
| [12:08] | When he told her it was over, | 当你爸爸跟她提分手 | 
| [12:09] | she ran over here in a drunken rage, | 她喝得烂醉跑过来 | 
| [12:13] | and she tried to kill me. | 她想杀了我 | 
| [12:15] | What? | 什么 | 
| [12:16] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 | 
| [12:17] | She, uh, she broke in. | 她闯进来 | 
| [12:20] | And she ran upstairs, and threatened me, with a knife, | 跑到楼上 拿着刀威胁我 | 
| [12:23] | and I screamed. | 我大叫 | 
| [12:24] | And Bertie came up and he shoved her, hard. | 伯特上来狠狠地推了她一下 | 
| [12:27] | And she fell out the window, | 她就从窗户里摔出去了 | 
| [12:29] | right on top of my gardening shears. | 正好摔在我的园艺剪刀上 | 
| [12:34] | It was awful. | 糟透了 | 
| [12:36] | So, why didn’t you call the police? | 那你为什么不报警 | 
| [12:40] | Bertie wanted to, but I panicked. | 伯特想报警的 但我慌了 | 
| [12:42] | I was worried that he’d be arrested. | 我怕他被捕 | 
| [12:46] | Please, you can’t tell anyone. | 求你了 不要告诉任何人 | 
| [12:47] | Oh, Mom. | 妈妈 | 
| [12:49] | Our family’s survival is at stake. Please. | 你说出去我们家就完了 求你了 | 
| [12:52] | You can’t even tell Vern. | 你连维恩都不能告诉 | 
| [12:55] | Vern is my husband. | 维恩是我丈夫 | 
| [12:57] | He’s also a detective, | 他也是私家侦探 | 
| [12:59] | with friends in law enforcement. | 他有朋友在执法部门工作 | 
| [13:01] | Uh, you’d be… you’d be putting him in a terrible position. | 你会让他很为难的 | 
| [13:07] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [13:09] | Fine. I won’t tell Vern… | 好 我不告诉维恩 | 
| [13:10] | or anyone. | 或任何人 | 
| [13:12] | But just because I’m willing to keep your secret | 但我愿意帮你保密 | 
| [13:14] | doesn’t mean I’m not furious. | 不代表我不生气 | 
| [13:16] | Yes. | 对 | 
| [13:18] | You got yourself in a very stupid situation, Mother. | 你让自己陷入了很傻的境地 妈妈 | 
| [13:22] | Yes, well… | 没错 | 
| [13:23] | No one ever said I was brilliant. | 没人说过我聪明 | 
| [13:40] | Oh. Rona. | 罗娜 | 
| [13:42] | Right. | 对 | 
| [13:43] | Who have we got next? | 下一位病人是谁 | 
| [13:44] | I believe… | 我想是 | 
| [13:48] | Mrs. Portman and her bloody poodle. | 波特曼太太和她那只该死的贵宾犬 | 
| [13:50] | She’s not coming. | 她不会来了 | 
| [13:52] | I canceled the rest of your appointments today. | 我取消了你今天剩下的所有预约 | 
| [13:55] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [13:56] | I’m sorry, but… | 很抱歉 不过 | 
| [13:58] | if your patients see you like this, | 如果你的病人看到你这幅样子 | 
| [14:01] | all drunk and sloppy, | 烂醉如泥又邋遢不堪 | 
| [14:04] | they might not come back. | 他们可能就不会回来了 | 
| [14:06] | Yes, you’re right. I just… | 你说得对 我只是 | 
| [14:08] | I haven’t been myself recently. | 最近有点不在状态 | 
| [14:11] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 | 
| [14:13] | You know what you need? | 你知道你需要什么吗 | 
| [14:14] | Some food and some good, strong coffee. | 吃点东西 喝点浓咖啡 | 
| [14:18] | I’m going to need a little bit more than that. | 我还需要点别的 | 
| [14:21] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 | 
| [14:35] | You changed the locks? | 你把锁换了 | 
| [14:37] | Hello, Rita. | 你好 丽塔 | 
| [14:39] | Take a seat. | 请坐 | 
| [14:40] | This is my house. | 这是我的房子 | 
| [14:42] | I offer the seats around here, | 谁有座位我说了算 | 
| [14:43] | and you can’t have one. | 这里没有你的一席之地 | 
| [14:45] | Now, get out. | 给我出去 | 
| [14:46] | Jail hasn’t been kind to your face. | 坐牢对你的皮肤不好 | 
| [14:49] | A few weeks behind bars, and you look five years older. | 坐了几周牢 你看起来老了五岁 | 
| [14:52] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 | 
| [14:54] | If you’re not gone in ten minutes, I’ll call the police. | 如果你不在10分钟内离开 我就报警 | 
| [14:57] | You’re a far cry from that pretty, young thing | 你和我父亲在埃尔帕索妓院里认识的 | 
| [14:59] | that my father met in that El Paso whorehouse. | 那个年轻漂亮的姑娘差远了 | 
| [15:05] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 | 
| [15:08] | The letters you wrote to Isabel, back in Texas, | 你从前在得克萨斯的时候写给伊莎贝尔的信 | 
| [15:10] | gave my detectives a lot of leads to follow. | 给我的侦探留下了不少线索 | 
| [15:14] | What a colorful life you’ve led. | 你的人生可真是多姿多彩 | 
| [15:16] | You had me investigated? | 你找人调查我 | 
| [15:18] | Yes. | 没错 | 
| [15:19] | And I know about your first marriage, back in Galveston. | 我得知你在加尔维斯顿有过一段婚姻 | 
| [15:23] | Harry Jaworski. | 哈里·约沃斯基 | 
| [15:26] | Look familiar? | 眼熟吗 | 
| [15:29] | Hmm. Handsome fellow. | 长得不赖 | 
| [15:31] | I’m impressed. | 真不错 | 
| [15:32] | He beat me. | 他家暴我 | 
| [15:34] | Is that why you shot him? | 所以你就一枪崩了他 | 
| [15:36] | I didn’t shoot him. | 我没有开枪 | 
| [15:38] | Isabel did. | 是伊莎贝尔开的 | 
| [15:39] | Good old Isabel. | 善良的伊莎贝尔 | 
| [15:41] | Always there to take the blame. | 永远为你遮风挡雨 | 
| [15:43] | She’s dead. | 她已经死了 | 
| [15:44] | Yes, she is. | 不错 她是死了 | 
| [15:46] | But sadly for you, Harry’s not. | 但不幸的是 哈里还活着 | 
| [15:50] | What? | 什么 | 
| [15:51] | I know. It’s a miracle. | 是啊 堪称奇迹 | 
| [15:53] | He survived the gunshot. | 他中枪之后活下来了 | 
| [15:54] | See? | 看见了吗 | 
| [15:57] | And you know what else? | 还有件事 | 
| [15:59] | He never remarried. | 他从未再婚 | 
| [16:01] | And you never divorced him. | 而你也不曾和他离婚 | 
| [16:03] | So, Harry is still your husband. | 所以哈里仍然是你的丈夫 | 
| [16:07] | No. No. | 不 不 | 
| [16:08] | Carlo was my husband. | 我的丈夫是卡洛 | 
| [16:10] | Not legally. | 法律上可不是这样 | 
| [16:12] | So, the bequests he made for his wife, | 所以他留给妻子的遗产 | 
| [16:14] | it doesn’t apply to you. | 并不适用于你 | 
| [16:17] | You get nothing. | 你什么都得不到 | 
| [16:18] | Not the house, not the furniture. | 得不到房子 得不到家具 | 
| [16:21] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 | 
| [16:22] | But thanks for stopping by. | 不过还是谢谢你来访 | 
| [16:34] | This isn’t over. | 这事没完 | 
| [16:35] | My lawyer will have something to say. | 我的律师会有话说的 | 
| [16:38] | Sure. | 那是自然 | 
| [16:39] | He’ll say, “Where’s my damn money, Rita?” | 他会说 “丽塔 我的钱呢” | 
| [16:42] | Catherine, stop it, please. | 凯瑟琳 别这样 拜托 | 
| [16:46] | Scooter? | 斯库特 | 
| [16:48] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 | 
| [16:50] | He lives here. | 他住在这里 | 
| [16:52] | You told him he would someday. | 你曾经告诉他 有一天他会住在这里 | 
| [16:54] | Aren’t you glad I made good on your promise? | 我帮你兑现了承诺 你不高兴吗 | 
| [16:57] | You’re with Catherine? | 你和凯瑟琳在一起了 | 
| [17:01] | The news isn’t all bad. | 也不全是坏消息 | 
| [17:03] | You thought you were a widow, and you’re not. | 你以为自己成了寡妇 但并非如此 | 
| [17:07] | Otto. | 奥托 | 
| [17:09] | Show Mrs. Jaworski out. | 请约沃斯基太太离开 | 
| [17:18] | I was so sorry to hear that Joan fired you. | 很抱歉琼把你解雇了 | 
| [17:22] | She always accuses her maids of stealing. | 她总是抱怨女仆偷东西 | 
| [17:24] | I think it’s because she loses things | 我觉得是因为她丢东西 | 
| [17:26] | and would rather hold the help responsible. | 想要把锅甩给佣人 | 
| [17:28] | Not this time. | 这次不是 | 
| [17:30] | I stole, all right. | 我确实有偷 | 
| [17:31] | Straight out of her purse. | 从她包里偷的 | 
| [17:35] | With what Joan pays you, who could blame you. | 以琼给你的薪水 谁能怪你呢 | 
| [17:38] | So what exactly is your game here, lady? | 所以你到底打着什么算盘 女士 | 
| [17:40] | You don’t know me from Adam. | 你根本不认识我 | 
| [17:42] | Why do you care I got fired? | 为什么在乎我被开除 | 
| [17:44] | Aren’t you delightfully blunt? | 你可真是直接 | 
| [17:46] | I’m running against Joan to be president of the Garden Club. | 我要和琼竞选园艺俱乐部的主席 | 
| [17:49] | And you know how nasty these campaigns can be. | 你知道这些竞选有多黑暗 | 
| [17:52] | And you thought ’cause that snotty bitch fired me, | 你以为因为那个自大的贱人开除了我 | 
| [17:55] | that I’d dish the dirt. | 我就会爆出她的黑料 | 
| [17:57] | I have no interest in smearing Joan publicly. | 我没兴趣公开诽谤琼 | 
| [17:59] | But our last president was accused of murder. | 但我们上一任主席被指控谋杀 | 
| [18:02] | We can’t afford another scandal. | 我们承受不起又一个丑闻 | 
| [18:04] | I’m just so worried | 我只是很担心 | 
| [18:05] | that Joan might have some nasty skeleton in her closet. | 琼可能有什么见不得人的丑事 | 
| [18:10] | Honestly… | 老实说 | 
| [18:13] | She’s got a big one. | 她有一个大丑闻 | 
| [18:15] | Miss Snooty is having an affair. | 自大小姐在搞外遇 | 
| [18:18] | Don’t know who the fella is, | 不知道对象是谁 | 
| [18:20] | but she sees him every Tuesday | 但她每周二和周五 | 
| [18:21] | and Friday afternoon at 1:30, on the dot. | 都会准时在下午1点半跟他见面 | 
| [18:26] | Her husband thinks she’s playing bridge, | 她老公以为她是去打桥牌 | 
| [18:27] | but, uh, she’s at the Sunset Palace Hotel. | 但她其实在日落王宫酒店 | 
| [18:33] | How do you know the name of the hotel? | 你怎么知道酒店名字的 | 
| [18:35] | Her wallet’s not all I found in her purse. | 我在她包里发现的可不只有钱包 | 
| [18:41] | Well, all right. | 好吧 | 
| [18:46] | Isn’t today Friday? | 今天不就是周五吗 | 
| [18:48] | Yeah. She’ll be there. | 是的 她会过去 | 
| [18:50] | Wonderful. | 太好了 | 
| [18:53] | Would you like another cookie? | 你还要饼干吗 | 
| [19:00] | Welcome to Tanner Drugs. | 欢迎来到谭纳药店 | 
| [19:02] | My name is Yvonne. | 我是伊冯 | 
| [19:03] | – Can I help you? – I sure hope so. | -有什么需要帮助的吗 -是的 | 
| [19:05] | I’ve talked to a dozen pharmacists today, | 我今天找了十多个药剂师 | 
| [19:07] | and not one of them has been able to give me | 但没有一个人能给我 | 
| [19:08] | the information I’m looking for. | 我想要的信息 | 
| [19:10] | Mr. Tanner’s out today, but I’m his assistant. | 谭纳先生今天不在 但我是他的助手 | 
| [19:12] | What do you need, honey? | 你需要什么 亲爱的 | 
| [19:14] | You got any record of a customer purchasing | 你有购买过 | 
| [19:16] | both potassium chloride and phenobarbital? | 氯化钾和镇定剂的顾客名单吗 | 
| [19:20] | That’s an unusual combination. | 这组合可不常见 | 
| [19:22] | I wouldn’t have to check our records. | 我都不用去查记录 | 
| [19:23] | I’d remember something like that. | 如果有人买我会记住的 | 
| [19:25] | Is that a yes or a no? | 所以是有还是没有 | 
| [19:27] | Honey, that’s confidential information. | 亲爱的 这是保密信息 | 
| [19:30] | Sharing that with a total stranger is a bit risky. | 跟一个陌生人分享太冒险了 | 
| [19:35] | I got a picture in my wallet of an American president. | 我钱包里有”美国总统的照片” | 
| [19:39] | I could give it to you. | 我可以给你 | 
| [19:41] | Would that be worth the risk? | 它值得你去冒这个险吗 | 
| [19:42] | If it’s a picture of Washington or Lincoln, | 如果是画像上面是华盛顿或者林肯的话 | 
| [19:45] | I wouldn’t say boo. | 我是不会赶你出去的 | 
| [19:46] | But I get real talkative when Andrew Jackson comes to town. | 但如果是安德鲁·杰克逊的话我就会变得滔滔不绝的 | 
| [19:51] | Okay, Yvonne. | 好吧 伊冯 | 
| [19:54] | It’s showtime. | 演出开始了 | 
| [19:57] | There’s this real big fella, awful nice. | 他是个大块头 非常和气 | 
| [20:00] | He’s been buying that combination of drugs for years. | 他买这种药品组合好多年了 | 
| [20:02] | – I need a name. – Fillcot. | -告诉我名字 -菲尔科特 | 
| [20:05] | He’s a veterinarian. | 他是个兽医 | 
| [20:06] | And once, he brought me roses from his wife’s garden. | 有一次他还给我带了从他太太花园里采的玫瑰 | 
| [20:10] | Wasn’t that sweet? | 是不是很贴心 | 
| [20:21] | I want to tell you about this guy I met. | 我想跟你说说一个我认识的人 | 
| [20:23] | He’s a detective, like you. | 他是个侦探 和你一样 | 
| [20:25] | But he’s got one heck of a problem. | 但是他遇到了一个棘手的问题 | 
| [20:28] | Anyone I know? | 是我认识的人吗 | 
| [20:30] | Let’s pretend you don’t. | 先假设你不认识他 | 
| [20:33] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [20:34] | So, this guy’s got a girl, | 这个人认识了一个女孩子 | 
| [20:37] | and he is crazy about her. | 他为她痴狂 | 
| [20:39] | So what’s the problem? | 那问题在哪里 | 
| [20:41] | He’s been investigating a murder. | 他一直在调查一桩谋杀案 | 
| [20:43] | And all the evidence he’s uncovered, | 他发现的所有证据 | 
| [20:47] | It’s starting to point to his girl’s father. | 都陆续指向了他女朋友的父亲 | 
| [20:53] | Sounds like your friend has a decision to make. | 听起来你的这个朋友要做个决定了 | 
| [20:57] | – So what would you do? – If I loved the girl? | -要是换了你会怎么做 -如果我爱这个女孩子 | 
| [21:01] | I’d forget the evidence and never look back. | 我就会把那些证据忘到脑后 | 
| [21:04] | – Really? – But let’s face it, | -真的吗 -咱们实际点 | 
| [21:05] | I’ve never been a Boy Scout. | 我从来不是当正直童子军的料 | 
| [21:09] | There are other detectives, good men, | 这个世界上还有另一些侦探 他们是好人 | 
| [21:12] | who wouldn’t be able to look the other way. | 他们没办法对此视而不见 | 
| [21:14] | Because that’s how they’re wired. | 因为他们不是那样的人 | 
| [21:16] | They came out of the womb wanting to do the right thing. | 他们自打出了娘胎就想做正确的事 | 
| [21:25] | All that crap. | 诸如此类的东西 | 
| [21:26] | But wouldn’t a good man do everything he could | 但是一个好男人不是应该尽一切可能 | 
| [21:29] | to protect his girl? | 去保护他爱的女人吗 | 
| [21:31] | Maybe she loves him so much | 也许她就是因为他是个正直的人 | 
| [21:33] | because she knows he always plays it straight. | 才如此的爱他 | 
| [21:37] | Maybe. | 也许吧 | 
| [21:38] | And if he’s not sure, he could go talk to her. | 如果他不确定的话 他可以去找她谈谈 | 
| [21:42] | But if she asked him to let a killer go free… | 但是如果她求他放过凶手的话… | 
| [21:46] | …would that change how he feels about her? | 会不会改变他对她的看法 | 
| [21:51] | You’re right. | 你说得对 | 
| [21:52] | This guy’s got one heck of a problem. | 这个人的问题确实很棘手 | 
| [22:02] | Hello, Joan. | 你好 琼 | 
| [22:04] | Rita. | 丽塔 | 
| [22:06] | I’d heard you were… | 我听说你… | 
| [22:08] | back among us. | 被放出来了 | 
| [22:10] | But, uh, I have a meeting, so we’ll have to catch up later. | 不过我有个会要开 所以咱们只能改天再叙旧了 | 
| [22:14] | Before you leave, I, uh… | 在你走之前 我… | 
| [22:17] | I have a favor to ask. | 我想让你帮个忙 | 
| [22:19] | Do you still have that charming little guest room? | 你那间小小的客房还空着吗 | 
| [22:24] | You want to stay in my house? | 你想住在我家 | 
| [22:26] | Carlo’s daughter is contesting his will, so… | 卡洛的女儿在质疑他的遗嘱 所以 | 
| [22:29] | until my lawyers can sort this thing out, I’m a bit… | 在我的律师弄清楚情况之前 我有点 | 
| [22:32] | adrift. | 不知所措 | 
| [22:33] | Sorry, Rita, but I really must go. | 抱歉 丽塔 但我真的得走了 | 
| [22:35] | Oh, for God’s sake, I’m asking as a friend. | 老天啊 我把你当朋友才这么说的 | 
| [22:38] | How long have you known me? | 你认识我多久了 | 
| [22:40] | I’ve never known you. | 我从不认识你 | 
| [22:42] | I only knew the woman you pretended to be. | 我只认识你在扮演的那个女人 | 
| [22:45] | The grande dame who pushed us all around, | 那位贵妇人把我们耍的团团转 | 
| [22:48] | so we wouldn’t know that she was just a whore who made good. | 就为了隐瞒她只是一个从中牟利的娼妇 | 
| [22:53] | I see Catherine’s been spreading her poison. | 看来凯瑟琳一直在诋毁我 | 
| [22:56] | Well, it’s classy of you not to deny it. | 你没反对我的话 还算优雅 | 
| [23:03] | Can you at least loan me a few dollars? | 你能至少借我一点钱吗 | 
| [23:06] | I hate to ask, | 我也不想恳求你 | 
| [23:07] | but Catherine has all my bank accounts tied up. | 凯瑟琳把我所有的银行账户都冻结了 | 
| [23:09] | I’m flat broke. | 我算是破产了 | 
| [23:14] | If only you had something to sell | 除非你有要卖的东西 | 
| [23:15] | that men still wanted to buy. | 如果还有男人想买的话 | 
| [23:20] | Driver, go. | 司机 开车 | 
| [23:29] | There you go. | 给 | 
| [23:31] | You should have seen the look on that poor woman’s face. | 你应该看看那个可怜女人的表情 | 
| [23:34] | The rage and terror in her eyes | 在她意识到她的处境时 | 
| [23:36] | when she realized what was happening to her. | 她眼中的愤怒和恐惧 | 
| [23:40] | As you know, I’ve ended many lives. | 你知道的 我结果了很多人 | 
| [23:44] | It was the first time I ever felt like a murderer. | 那是我第一次感觉自己像个杀人犯 | 
| [23:47] | But you didn’t murder her, Doc. | 但你没有杀她 医生 | 
| [23:49] | Your crazy missus did. | 是你那疯狂的妻子杀了人 | 
| [23:51] | Alma was desperate. | 艾尔玛很绝望 | 
| [23:54] | The woman she killed was blackmailing her. | 她杀了的女人正在敲诈她 | 
| [23:56] | Please. | 拜托 | 
| [23:57] | If she thought it’d get her into a better club, | 如果她觉得这样做可以加入更高档的俱乐部 | 
| [23:59] | she’d have killed two Girl Scouts and a nun. | 她甚至会杀掉两个女童子军加一个修女 | 
| [24:08] | Dad. | 爸爸 | 
| [24:11] | It’s my daughter. | 那是我的女儿 | 
| [24:12] | She mustn’t see us together. | 她不能看见我们在一起 | 
| [24:14] | She won’t. | 她不会的 | 
| [24:19] | Rona called, | 罗娜来电话了 | 
| [24:20] | said you’d been here all afternoon. | 她说你一个下午都在这 | 
| [24:22] | How much have you had to drink? | 你到底要喝多少酒 | 
| [24:25] | A little bit too much, I’m afraid. | 恐怕是有点多了 | 
| [24:27] | God, I’ve missed you. | 天啊 我好想你 | 
| [24:30] | I’ve missed you, too, Daddy. | 我也很想你 爸爸 | 
| [24:32] | And I wanted to talk to you about Mrs. Yost. | 我还想和你谈谈约斯特太太的事 | 
| [24:34] | This don’t sound good. | 这听起来可不妙 | 
| [24:37] | What, what about Mrs. Yost? | 约斯特太太怎么了 | 
| [24:40] | Mom told me everything. | 妈妈把一切都告诉我了 | 
| [24:42] | What? | 什么 | 
| [24:43] | She had to. | 她别无选择 | 
| [24:45] | Because I found out Mrs. Yost is buried in our garden. | 因为我发现了约斯特太太被埋在我们家的花园 | 
| [24:52] | Barkeep, we’re gonna need another round! | 服务员 我们这需要再上些酒 | 
| [25:07] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 | 
| [25:09] | – I need my clothes and some money. – Aw, geez. | -我需要我的衣服还有一些钱 -天啊 | 
| [25:11] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 | 
| [25:12] | I tried to borrow some from my friends, | 我试过向我的朋友借钱 | 
| [25:13] | but every door in town’s been slammed in my face. | 但这镇子里的每个人都对我拒之千里 | 
| [25:17] | Thanks to Catherine’s vicious gossip. | 多亏了凯瑟琳那恶毒的闲言碎语 | 
| [25:19] | Oh, is it just gossip? | 那只是闲言碎语 | 
| [25:20] | Or were you actually a prostitute? | 还是你以前真的是个妓女 | 
| [25:22] | You’re a fine one to talk. | 你也好不到哪里去 | 
| [25:24] | I’m a gigolo. That’s different. | 我是小白脸 这不一样 | 
| [25:26] | Just let me run into my dressing room. | 让我进一下我的更衣室 | 
| [25:28] | I’m not scared of Catherine. | 我才不怕凯瑟琳 | 
| [25:30] | If she sees you, her butler’s going to throw you out, | 如果她看到你 她的管家会把你赶出去的 | 
| [25:32] | and then he’s going to throw me out for letting you in. | 然后他会因为我让你进来而把我也赶出去的 | 
| [25:34] | I’ll bring you some clothes later and cash. | 我晚点会给你送些衣服和钱 | 
| [25:38] | When? | 什么时候 | 
| [25:40] | Meet me across from my old building at 9:00. | 九点在我老住处对面见 | 
| [25:43] | That’s eight hours from now. | 还有八个小时呢 | 
| [25:44] | I haven’t eaten all day. | 我都一整天没吃东西了 | 
| [25:46] | Scooter? | 斯库特 | 
| [25:47] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 | 
| [25:49] | Here. Just, just go. | 拿着 快走吧 | 
| [25:54] | So… | 那么 | 
| [25:55] | your mother told you | 你妈妈跟你说 | 
| [25:57] | Mrs. Yost and I were lovers? | 我跟约斯特太太偷情 | 
| [26:00] | She also said Mrs. Yost went berserk | 她还说当你结束这段婚外情的时候 | 
| [26:02] | when you ended the affair. | 约斯特太太都发疯了 | 
| [26:04] | And you pushed her out a window | 你把她推出窗外 | 
| [26:05] | to keep her from killing Mom. | 是为了阻止她杀死妈妈 | 
| [26:07] | You got to roll with this one, Doc. | 你得配合一下 医生 | 
| [26:08] | It’s too late to tell her the truth. | 现在告诉她真相已经太晚了 | 
| [26:11] | Yes, that’s what happened. | 是的 就是这样 | 
| [26:13] | I was trying to protect your mother. | 我是想保护你妈妈 | 
| [26:16] | That’s good. Keep it simple. | 很好 简单点 | 
| [26:17] | Please stop. | 请闭嘴 | 
| [26:19] | What? | 什么 | 
| [26:21] | Sorry. Sorry, darling. Not you. | 抱歉 亲爱的 不是在说你 | 
| [26:24] | But we, we have to do something about the body, Dad. | 但是我们得处理一下尸体 爸爸 | 
| [26:29] | Mrs. Yost can’t stay buried in our yard | 约斯特太太不能一直埋在我们的院子里 | 
| [26:31] | with a fountain for a headstone. | 用喷泉当墓碑 | 
| [26:33] | It’s better than I got. | 这可比我强多了 | 
| [26:35] | Your mother and I will take care of that. | 我和你妈妈会处理好的 | 
| [26:37] | I’d kill for a fountain. | 我真想有个喷泉 | 
| [26:42] | It’s late. I got to go. | 时间不早了 我得走了 | 
| [26:47] | I want you to know, | 我想让你知道 | 
| [26:49] | in spite of everything, | 尽管发生了这么多事 | 
| [26:51] | I still love you. | 我依然爱你 | 
| [26:53] | And I love you, more than ever. | 我比以往任何时候都爱你 | 
| [27:03] | Could you see to it my dad gets home okay? | 你能送我爸爸回家吗 | 
| [27:06] | I’m worried about him. | 我很担心他 | 
| [27:08] | Sure thing. | 没问题 | 
| [28:21] | Hello? | 你好 | 
| [28:22] | Mrs. Fillcot, it’s Vern. | 菲尔科特太太 我是维恩 | 
| [28:24] | I need to talk to you as soon as possible. | 我得尽快跟你谈谈 | 
| [28:27] | About what? | 谈什么 | 
| [28:28] | Did Dee speak with you? | 小迪跟你说什么了吗 | 
| [28:30] | no. I haven’t seen her all day. | 没有 我一整天没见到她了 | 
| [28:32] | But I’m working a case, | 但是我在处理一个案子 | 
| [28:33] | and I could use your help. | 我需要你的帮助 | 
| [28:35] | Well, I don’t have time to talk right now– I’m late for a party. | 我现在没空跟你聊 我参加派对要迟到了 | 
| [28:38] | This is important. | 这事很重要 | 
| [28:39] | Maybe we could talk afterwards? | 我们可以等下再聊吗 | 
| [28:41] | I won’t be home till all hours. | 我今晚不会回家 | 
| [28:42] | Maybe we can chat tomorrow or next week. | 也许我们可以明天或者下周再聊 | 
| [28:45] | I’ll call you. | 我会打给你的 | 
| [28:45] | This can’t wait. | 这事等不了 | 
| [29:05] | Well, hello, my darling. | 你好呀 亲爱的 | 
| [29:10] | What are you doing with Rita’s clothes? | 你们拿丽塔的衣服干什么 | 
| [29:12] | I’m giving them to charity. | 我要把它们捐给慈善机构 | 
| [29:14] | Rita is going to end up on skid row soon. | 丽塔很快就要去贫民窟了 | 
| [29:16] | So, I thought it might cheer her up | 我想她看见流浪汉穿着她的礼服 | 
| [29:18] | to see some hobos wearing her gowns. | 应该会很高兴 | 
| [29:20] | Geez. You already won. | 天啊 你已经赢了 | 
| [29:23] | Why do you always got to twist the knife? | 你为什么总要落井下石呢 | 
| [29:25] | And why must you always take her side? | 那你为什么总得站在她那边呢 | 
| [29:28] | And why did you come to her room? | 还有 你为什么来她的房间 | 
| [29:31] | I’m… | 我… | 
| [29:33] | starving. | 饿了 | 
| [29:34] | Yeah, I-I was wondering | 是啊 我在想 | 
| [29:36] | if Otto could get dinner started. | 奥托能不能去做晚饭 | 
| [29:39] | Go on. | 去吧 | 
| [29:40] | I’ll finish here. | 剩下的交给我吧 | 
| [29:43] | Uh, actually… | 其实 | 
| [29:45] | I was hoping you could make your pan dulce for dessert. | 我希望你能做点煎饼当甜点 | 
| [29:48] | But you just had that for breakfast. | 但你早餐刚吃过这个 | 
| [29:51] | Come on. Please. | 好嘛 拜托了 | 
| [29:53] | You’re such a naughty child. | 你真是个调皮的孩子 | 
| [30:26] | Alma. | 艾尔玛 | 
| [30:28] | You’re here. | 你来了 | 
| [30:31] | Tell me, where is that dear husband of yours? | 你亲爱的丈夫在哪 | 
| [30:33] | Busy, busy. Some vet emergency. | 他很忙 有兽医急诊 | 
| [30:36] | I see you brought your husband. | 我看见你丈夫了 | 
| [30:39] | Ed is such a homebody. | 埃德是个宅男 | 
| [30:40] | I’m surprised he even came. | 他来我也很意外 | 
| [30:42] | Well, he probably just wants to keep an eye on you. | 他可能只是想看着你 | 
| [30:48] | There’s our hostess. | 我们的女主人公来了 | 
| [30:49] | I should go say hi. Mavis? | 我得去打个招呼 梅维斯 | 
| [30:51] | What a lovely party. | 这个派对真不错 | 
| [30:53] | Absolutely everyone is here. | 大家都来了 | 
| [30:55] | I know. | 我就知道 | 
| [30:57] | And they’re all buzzing about the same thing. | 他们都在议论同一件事 | 
| [30:59] | What’s that? | 什么事 | 
| [31:00] | Well, if the rumors are true, | 如果传闻是真的 | 
| [31:02] | Rita Castillo used to be a whore. | 那丽塔·卡斯蒂罗以前是妓女 | 
| [31:04] | Well, no one thought that she married Carlo for love. | 是啊 没人觉得她跟卡洛结婚是因为爱情 | 
| [31:07] | No, no, no, no. | 不不不 | 
| [31:08] | Not a gold digger, an actual prostitute. | 她不是拜金 她真的是妓女 | 
| [31:11] | In Texas, which somehow makes it worse. | 在得州 这简直更糟了 | 
| [31:15] | Who told you this? | 谁跟你说的 | 
| [31:16] | Carlo’s daughter | 卡洛的女儿 | 
| [31:17] | hired a detective to look into Rita’s past. | 雇了一名侦探调查丽塔的过去 | 
| [31:20] | Oh, excuse me. New arrival. | 失陪一下 有新客人来了 | 
| [31:22] | Lu, ah! Have you heard the latest? | 露 你听说最新消息了吗 | 
| [31:24] | It’s awful, and I can’t wait to tell you. | 太可怕了 我等不及要告诉你了 | 
| [31:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [31:56] | That seat is taken. | 那个位子有人了 | 
| [31:58] | Oh, I won’t be long. | 我不会坐太久 | 
| [32:02] | Well… | 怎么了 | 
| [32:04] | I’m sorry, it’s just… | 对不起 只是 | 
| [32:06] | I feel as if my entire life has led up to this moment, and it’s… | 我觉得我的一生都是为了这一刻 而且 | 
| [32:10] | It’s overwhelming. | 让人不知所措 | 
| [32:13] | What are you babbling about? | 你在胡言乱语什么 | 
| [32:15] | You are about to make a speech | 你即将发表一篇演讲 | 
| [32:18] | telling everyone that you plan to drop out of the race | 告诉大家你打算退出竞选 | 
| [32:20] | for presidency of the Garden Club. | 花园俱乐部主席一职 | 
| [32:23] | And… | 还有 | 
| [32:24] | that you intend to endorse my candidacy. | 你打算支持我参选 | 
| [32:28] | Just how drunk are you? | 你到底有多醉 | 
| [32:30] | Not drunk. | 没醉 | 
| [32:31] | Happy. | 开心 | 
| [32:33] | Sublime, even. | 甚至有点飘飘然 | 
| [32:35] | You see, I am finally in control of my own destiny. | 我终于能掌控自己的命运了 | 
| [32:39] | I never have been, you know. | 我从来没有过 | 
| [32:41] | Not until this very moment. | 直到此时此刻 | 
| [32:46] | Pam is here. | 帕姆来了 | 
| [32:48] | I’m going to say hi. | 我去打个招呼 | 
| [32:50] | We’re not done here. | 我还没说完 | 
| [32:53] | Who do you think you’re talking to? | 你以为你在跟谁说话 | 
| [32:55] | I think… | 我想 | 
| [32:56] | I’m talking to a patron of the Sunset Palace Hotel. | 我在和日落王宫酒店的一位顾客说话 | 
| [33:01] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [33:01] | I know all about you and Grace. | 我知道你和格蕾丝的事 | 
| [33:10] | I don’t know what you’ve heard. | 我不知道你听说了什么 | 
| [33:11] | I was there. | 我当时在场 | 
| [33:13] | I saw you. | 我看到你了 | 
| [33:17] | Please, don’t tell anyone. | 请不要告诉任何人 | 
| [33:19] | If this got out… | 如果这事传出去 | 
| [33:20] | You’d be humiliated, and your husband would divorce you. | 你会被羞辱 你丈夫会跟你离婚 | 
| [33:24] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 | 
| [33:26] | I won’t breathe a word. | 我不会说出去的 | 
| [33:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [33:33] | So, you’ll make the announcement then? | 那你会发表声明吗 | 
| [33:37] | I-I jus– I just need to, um… | 我只是需要 | 
| [33:41] | …go to the ladies’ room first. | 先去洗手间 | 
| [33:43] | Yes, of course. | 好的 没问题 | 
| [33:44] | Go. Have a good cry. Get it all out. | 去吧 好好哭吧 都发泄出来 | 
| [33:47] | We can’t have you breaking down in front of people. | 我们不能让你在众人面前崩溃 | 
| [33:54] | I never thought you could be so ruthless. | 我从没想过你会这么无情 | 
| [33:58] | Neither did I. | 我也没想到 | 
| [33:59] | To be honest, I’m… | 说实话 我 | 
| [34:01] | I’m rather impressed with myself. | 我对自己刮目相看 | 
| [34:10] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 | 
| [34:11] | Follow me. | 跟我来 | 
| [34:18] | Darling. | 亲爱的 | 
| [34:22] | Hey. I just got to run to the store. | 我得去趟商店 | 
| [34:24] | But dinner’s almost ready. | 但晚饭快好了 | 
| [34:26] | I’ll be back in two shakes. | 我马上就会回来 | 
| [34:40] | I can get the car. We can follow him, | 我去开车 我们可以跟着他 | 
| [34:42] | find out who he is meeting. | 看看他去见谁 | 
| [34:44] | I know who he’s meeting. | 我知道他要去见谁 | 
| [34:50] | Honey. | 亲爱的 | 
| [34:51] | You home? | 你在家吗 | 
| [34:55] | I need to talk. | 我需要跟你聊一聊 | 
| [34:57] | It’s real important. | 是很重要的事情 | 
| [35:00] | Vern? | 维恩 | 
| [35:02] | 小迪 我在处理一个很重要的案件 不用等我了 | |
| [35:30] | Well, uh, first… | 首先 | 
| [35:32] | I’m sure we all want to thank our hostess for a lovely party. | 我们肯定都要感谢准备了这么好的派对的 | 
| [35:36] | Elegant as always, Mavis. | 一如既往优雅的女主人 梅维斯 | 
| [35:40] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [35:42] | Uh, I also need to… | 我也需要… | 
| [35:45] | drop a little bombshell. | 放一个小的爆炸性新闻 | 
| [35:49] | Ladies. | 女士们 | 
| [35:51] | I’ve decided not to run for Garden Club president. | 我决定不再竞选园艺俱乐部的主席了 | 
| [35:55] | Oh, no. | 不 | 
| [35:56] | My personal life has become, | 我的私人生活变得 | 
| [35:58] | uh, rather complicated. | 有点复杂 | 
| [35:59] | So, I’m-I’m stepping back. | 所以我打算退出竞选 | 
| [36:02] | But I would like to take this moment | 但我打算在此 | 
| [36:04] | to endorse… | 来背书 | 
| [36:06] | Alma Fillcot for the job. | 艾尔玛·菲尔科特竞选 | 
| [36:09] | I absolutely think she has what it takes to… | 我认为她完全有能力… | 
| [36:13] | hold a position of power. | 胜任这个权力很大的职位 | 
| [36:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 | 
| [36:46] | Don’t think you should be driving, Mr. Fillcot. | 你不应该开车 菲尔科特先生 | 
| [36:50] | Let me call you a cab? | 我给你叫辆车吧 | 
| [36:51] | It’s a lovely night. | 今晚很愉快 | 
| [36:53] | I’ll walk. | 我走回去就好了 | 
| [36:55] | But… | 但… | 
| [36:55] | It would be lovelier | 如果在回程的路上 | 
| [36:57] | if I could have a drop more liquid refreshment | 再能有些美酒作伴 | 
| [37:00] | to sample on the way home. | 就会更愉快了 | 
| [37:03] | Would you fill me up? | 你能再给我倒点吗 | 
| [37:04] | I think you’ve had enough. | 我觉得你已经喝得够多了 | 
| [37:06] | It was worth a shot. | 总得问一问 | 
| [37:36] | Hello, Mrs. Fillcot. | 你好 菲尔科特女士 | 
| [37:41] | We need to talk. | 我们需要聊一聊 | 
| [38:01] | Scooter. | 斯库特 | 
| [38:04] | You came. | 你来了 | 
| [38:06] | Did you think I’d just abandon you? | 你刚刚是以为我抛弃你了吗 | 
| [38:09] | I wasn’t sure. | 我不确定 | 
| [38:11] | Everyone else has. | 其他人都抛弃我了 | 
| [38:14] | I got you some clothes. | 我给你带了几件衣服 | 
| [38:17] | And, uh, some cash. | 还有一些现金 | 
| [38:20] | Whatever I could lay my hands on. | 我能拿到的都给你拿了 | 
| [38:24] | It’s enough to get me by. | 能勉强过活了 | 
| [38:27] | At least until I figure out my next move. | 至少够我用到想清楚之后该怎么办 | 
| [38:33] | I-I should get back. | 我 我该回去了 | 
| [38:36] | Catherine’s got me on a tight leash. | 凯瑟琳管我管得很严 | 
| [38:39] | Take care. | 保重 | 
| [38:42] | Does she make you happy? | 她让你开心吗 | 
| [38:45] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [38:48] | She’s real nice to me. | 她对我真的很好 | 
| [38:50] | I wasn’t always so nice, was I? | 我对你不总是很好 对吗 | 
| [38:54] | No, baby. | 是的 宝贝 | 
| [38:56] | You weren’t. | 没错 | 
| [38:58] | I know you’re a good person. | 我知道你是个好人 | 
| [38:59] | It’s just you’re… | 只是你… | 
| [39:02] | You’re pretty complicated. | 你很难以捉摸 | 
| [39:05] | Did I ever tell you I grew up poor? | 我有没有告诉过你我也成长于一个贫困家庭 | 
| [39:09] | My whole family was treated like trash. | 全家人都被当成垃圾对待 | 
| [39:13] | So, one day I asked God to make me rich and beautiful. | 有一天 我求上帝让我变得富有而美丽 | 
| [39:17] | So people would envy me. | 让所有人都嫉妒我 | 
| [39:20] | ‘Cause that’s the only time folks treat you right. | 因为只有那样人们才能善待你 | 
| [39:24] | When you got something they want. | 当你拥有他们渴望得到的东西时 | 
| [39:28] | I suppose that’s true. | 这世道或许就是如此 | 
| [39:30] | But when I was sitting in jail, | 但当我进了监狱 | 
| [39:33] | I realized that God gave me everything I wanted, | 我才明白 上帝给了我想要的一切 | 
| [39:38] | just so he can take it all away. | 就是想再从我身边全部夺走 | 
| [39:42] | He wanted to teach me a lesson. | 祂想给我一个教训 | 
| [39:44] | What lesson? | 什么教训 | 
| [39:47] | No one is truly beautiful | 只有学会如何无私地爱一个人 | 
| [39:50] | until they learn to love unselfishly. | 才能真正绽放自己的美 | 
| [39:54] | And those who receive such love… | 而那些得到了这样的爱的人 | 
| [39:58] | …are the richest people of all. | 才是这世上最富有的人 | 
| [40:04] | Oh, baby. I… | 宝贝 我… | 
| [40:09] | You know, I… | 我… | 
| [40:10] | I did love you. | 我真的爱过你 | 
| [40:14] | I still do. | 这份爱依旧在 | 
| [40:16] | For what it’s worth. | 如果这能让你好受的话 | 
| [40:21] | It’s worth quite a lot. | 我感觉好多了 | 
| [40:36] | Well, it is what we had feared. | 我们担心的事终于发生了 | 
| [40:39] | Shall we go? | 可以走了吗 | 
| [40:40] | I can have his things removed from the house within the hour. | 我可以在一小时内把他的东西清出去 | 
| [40:45] | No. | 不 | 
| [40:47] | I must see him. | 我一定要见他一面 | 
| [41:02] | So what’s your next move? | 你下一步准备怎么做 | 
| [41:07] | Well, I’m leaving L.A. | 我要离开洛杉矶 | 
| [41:10] | I’m not sure where I’ll end up. | 虽然还没想好会在哪落脚 | 
| [41:13] | But I know Rita Castillo ain’t coming with me. | 不过我知道丽塔·卡斯蒂罗是不会去了 | 
| [41:16] | Oh, geez. | 天呐 | 
| [41:19] | I-I know what this looks like. | 我知道这看起来像是怎么回事 | 
| [41:21] | I-I just came to help a pal who’s down on her luck. | 我只是来帮助一个落魄的朋友 | 
| [41:25] | After everything she’s done to me? | 即使她那样对我 | 
| [41:27] | I begged for his help. | 是我求他帮忙的 | 
| [41:29] | He took pity on me. That’s all this is. | 他只是可怜我 仅此而已 | 
| [41:34] | Maybe we should go somewhere and sit down. | 或许我们应该找个地方坐下来好好谈谈 | 
| [41:37] | Just talk this out. | 听我给你解释 | 
| [41:38] | So you can tell me more lies? | 好让你继续对我撒谎 | 
| [41:41] | No. | 不了 | 
| [41:44] | I’m sick of lies. | 我受够谎言了 | 
| [41:48] | I’m sick of liars. | 我也受够骗子了 | 
| [41:53] | Catherine! | 凯瑟琳 | 
| [41:54] | For God’s sake, what are you doing? | 我的天呐 你要干什么 | 
| [41:56] | My God. | 天呐 | 
| [41:58] | She’s trying to take you from me, like she did my papa. | 她想从我身边抢走你 就像她抢走我爸爸那样 | 
| [42:01] | That’s ridiculous. | 根本不是这样的 | 
| [42:02] | Catherine, please don’t do this. | 凯瑟琳 请别这样 |