英文名称:Wonder
年代:2017
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | Stardust, go ahead. | 星尘号 请讲 |
[00:50] | Activate the V-10 recorder. | 激活V10记录仪 |
[00:52] | Copy. | 收到 |
[01:07] | Quarter activation complete. | 四分激活 完毕 |
[01:09] | Copy. Thank you. | 收到 谢谢 |
[01:21] | I know I’m not an ordinary 10-year-old kid. | 我知道自己不是普通的10岁小孩 |
[01:24] | I mean, I do ordinary things. | 其实 我做的事都很普通 |
[01:27] | Eat ice cream. Ride my bike. | 吃冰淇淋 骑自行车 |
[01:30] | I’m really good at playing sports. | 我特别擅长运动 |
[01:33] | Well, on my Xbox. | 我是说玩游戏的时候 |
[01:36] | I love Minecraft, science and dressing up for Halloween. | 我喜欢我的世界 科学 还喜欢万圣节装束 |
[01:41] | I love to lightsaber fight with my dad. | 我还喜欢和我爸爸进行光剑决斗 |
[01:44] | And watch Star Wars movies with him. | 和他一起看星球大战的电影 |
[01:46] | And drive my big sister crazy. | 把大姐姐烦的要命 |
[01:50] | And dream about being in outer space, just like any ordinary kid. | 我的梦想是去太空冒险 和普通小孩差不多 |
[01:54] | I just don’t look ordinary when I’m doing these things. | 只是我做事的样子 和普通小孩不一样 |
[01:58] | Not even my birth was ordinary. | 我出生时的情况也跟他们不一样 |
[02:02] | It was hilarious. | 我出生时可搞笑了 |
[02:05] | Now, how can a birth be hilarious, you ask? | 也许你会问 出生时有什么搞笑的 |
[02:10] | A teenage doctor helps. | 当时帮忙的医生很年轻 |
[02:12] | This is my first day. | 这是我第一天上班 |
[02:13] | Nate! | 内特 |
[02:15] | A massive video camera also aids the situation. | 现场还有个大摄像机录着像 |
[02:19] | But to really be funny, you need what all the best jokes have. | 但是要让这个笑话精彩 有一点必不可少 |
[02:23] | A punch line. | 要有一个绝妙的笑点 |
[02:24] | He’s coming! | 他要出来啦 |
[02:41] | Where’s the baby going? Go with the baby! | 他们带宝宝去哪 你快跟着去啊 |
[02:43] | You need to go, sir. | 跟着去吧 先生 |
[02:48] | I’ve had 27 surgeries since then. | 我出生后做了27次手术 |
[02:51] | They’ve helped me to breathe, to see, to hear without a hearing aid, | 为了让我正常呼吸 恢复视力 摆脱助听器 |
[02:56] | and some even helped me look a bit better. | 让我变得更好看一些 |
[02:59] | But none of them have made me look ordinary. | 但我还是没法变成普通人那样 |
[03:02] | He said he doesn’t want to go. | 他说了他不想去 |
[03:04] | But he’s ready. | 但他已经准备好了 |
[03:06] | No, he’s not ready. | 不 他还没有准备好 |
[03:07] | I cannot home school him forever. | 我不可能在家教他一辈子 |
[03:09] | Every year that we wait, it’ll just be harder to start. | 再一年年的拖下去 就更难起步了 |
[03:12] | This is the first year of middle school for everyone. | 大家都是这个年纪上中学的 |
[03:15] | He will not be the only new kid. | 又不止他一个新生 |
[03:17] | Okay, well, he’s gonna be the only new kid that looks like him. | 但长成他那样的新生就他一个 |
[03:21] | Look, will you stop folding towels | 你能不能别叠毛巾了 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1229个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:143个,六级词汇:67个,GRE词汇:81个,托福词汇:109个,考研词汇:168个,专四词汇:123个,专八词汇:26个, 所有生词标注共:302个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:22] | for just one second and please listen? | 听我说两句 |
[03:24] | It’s like leading a lamb to the slaughter. | 把他送到学校就是让他任人欺负 |
[03:26] | And you know it. | 你心里面很清楚 |
[03:30] | I know I’ll never just be an ordinary kid. | 我知道自己永远不会像普通孩子那样 |
[03:33] | Ordinary kids don’t make other kids run away from playgrounds. | 普通孩子不会把其他孩子从游乐园吓跑 |
[03:39] | Ordinary kids don’t get stared at wherever they go. | 普通孩子不会到哪都被人盯着看 |
[03:45] | But it’s okay if you wanna stare, too. | 不过要看的话也无所谓 |
[03:56] | My name is Auggie Pullman. | 我叫奥吉·普尔曼 |
[03:58] | Next week, I start fifth grade. | 下周我就要上五年级了 |
[04:02] | And since I’ve never been to real school before, | 我从来没有在真正的学校上过学 |
[04:06] | I’m pretty much totally and completely petrified. | 所以我现在整个人都害怕的不得了 |
[04:50] | Mrs. Pullman, so good to see you again. | 普尔曼太太 很高兴再次见面 |
[04:53] | And you must be Auggie. What a pleasure to meet you. | 你肯定就是奥吉吧 很高兴认识你 |
[04:56] | I’m Mr. Tushman. | 我是塔什曼先生 |
[04:59] | You can laugh about that. | 你可以笑话我的名字 |
[05:00] | Tushman. | 塔屎曼 |
[05:01] | I’ve heard ’em all. | 他们给我取了很多外号 |
[05:03] | – Tushy. Butt man. Butt face. – Oh. | 塔屎曼 屎克郎 |
[05:07] | Mr. Tuchus. | 臭臭先生 |
[05:11] | And then in the spring, we have a science fair. | 每年春天 我们会举办科学竞赛 |
[05:15] | And from what your home school teacher tells me, you’ll get first prize. | 你的家庭教师告诉我 你会拿第一名的 |
[05:19] | You hear that, Auggie? | 听到了吗 奥吉 |
[05:21] | Then right before graduation, whole class takes a trip | 毕业之前 各班会组织活动 |
[05:24] | to a nature reserve in Pennsylvania. | 去宾夕法尼亚的自然保护区旅行 |
[05:26] | It is the highlight of the year. | 这是每个学年最棒的活动 |
[05:30] | I promise you. | 我保证 |
[05:31] | Oh good, they’re here. | 太好了 他们到了 |
[05:42] | Who are they? | 他们是谁? |
[05:44] | Well, I thought it would be helpful for you | 正式上学之前 你可以见见同学 |
[05:45] | to meet some of our students ‘fore you start school, Auggie. | 这会对你有所帮助 奥吉 |
[05:48] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[05:51] | Other kids now? | 现在就见嘛 |
[05:53] | They were in the elementary school | 他们是这儿的学生 |
[05:54] | so they know their way around and they’ll give you a nice tour. | 很熟悉这里 让他们带你转转 |
[05:59] | It will be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[06:07] | Auggie, this is Jack Will, Julian, and Charlotte. | 奥吉 这是杰克·威尔 朱利安 夏洛特 |
[06:12] | Guys, this is Auggie Pullman. | 各位 这是奥吉·普尔曼 |
[06:14] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:17] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[06:20] | Meeting kids is harder than meeting adults. | 见小孩子比见成年人还要难受 |
[06:23] | Everyone makes the same face at first. | 每个人见到我时的表情都差不多 |
[06:26] | But kids aren’t as good at hiding it. | 但小孩子不会伪装自己 |
[06:30] | So I usually look down. | 所以我通常会往下看 |
[06:33] | You can learn a lot about people from their shoes. | 你可以从他们穿的鞋中 知道他们的性格 |
[06:36] | I think these three are trust fund kid, | 至于这些孩子有家境很好的 |
[06:40] | hand-me-down kid… | 有穿二手货的 |
[06:43] | Uh-oh, crazy kid. | 疯疯癫癫的 |
[06:45] | I act in TV commercials. | 我以前拍过电视广告 |
[06:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[06:48] | Yeah. Tide. | 是啊 汰渍的广告 |
[06:52] | Why don’t you guys | 你们几个 |
[06:53] | take Auggie ’round the school a bit, huh? | 带奥吉去参观一下 |
[06:55] | Just be back here in, uh, a half hour? | 差不多半小时后回来 |
[07:11] | I started when I was two. | 我两岁开始拍广告 |
[07:12] | Local spots mostly. | 大部分是地方广告 |
[07:14] | Then when I was three I booked my first national. Nestlé Quik. | 三岁开始拍全国广告 雀巢巧克力粉 |
[07:17] | It was hard, because I’m lactose intolerant. | 太不容易了 因为我对乳糖不耐受 |
[07:19] | Anyway, have you ever heard of a spit bucket? | 对了 你们有没有听说过痰盂 |
[07:22] | So this is our homeroom. We have Mr. Browne. | 这是我们的教室 班主任是布朗先生 |
[07:26] | My mom says he’s a little weird. | 我妈妈说她有点奇怪 |
[07:28] | Then I was in the chorus of | 后来 我参加了 |
[07:31] | the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. | 无线电城音乐厅的圣诞节目 |
[07:35] | I auditioned for Annie on Broadway. | 在百老汇配过音 |
[07:37] | I got two callbacks for Molly, but I guess they went in a different direction. | 拿到了两次复试机会 不过后来方向改了 |
[07:41] | Hey, Charlotte! | 嘿 夏洛特 |
[07:43] | Don’t you ever stop talking? | 你就不能闭会嘴吗? |
[07:45] | So this is the cafeteria. | 这里是学校食堂 |
[07:48] | The food here is okay for school food. | 学校的伙食还算是可以吧 |
[07:51] | Or do you eat special food? | 你对食物有特别要求吗? |
[08:05] | Wow! This reminds me of my guess spot on Law & Order. | 这个教室让我想到客串《法律与秩序》那次 |
[08:10] | So the science elective is supposably really hard. | 科学选修课真的挺难的 |
[08:14] | So you probably won’t be spending much time here. | 你应该不会选这种课吧 |
[08:16] | No offense, but if you’ve never been in a real school before… | 无意冒犯 但你之前既然没上过学 |
[08:19] | Dude, he’s been home schooled. | 伙计 他是在家上学的 |
[08:21] | Okay, I’m just saying. | 好吧 我只是说说而已 |
[08:22] | Science is supposably really hard. | 科学课恐怕真的挺难的 |
[08:25] | But you’re taking it, too, right? | 但你还是会选 对吧? |
[08:27] | Hey, maybe you could fail together. | 嘿 有人陪你不及格了 |
[08:30] | Why don’t you get out of the way, so he can check it out? | 你为什么不把路让开 让他自己瞧瞧呢 |
[08:34] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[08:37] | I mean, there’s nothing much to see. Desks. Chairs. | 也没什么好看的 桌子 椅子 |
[08:41] | The incubator. Bunsen burners. | 保温箱 本生灯 |
[08:43] | Those are some really gross science posters. | 这些科学海报真倒胃口 |
[08:46] | Oh! And this is an eraser. | 这个玩意儿叫板擦 |
[08:49] | He knows what an eraser is. | 他知道那是什么 |
[08:51] | How am I supposed to know what he knows? | 我怎么知道他认识什么? |
[08:52] | He doesn’t say anything. | 他一句话都不说 |
[08:54] | You know what an eraser is, right? | 你认识板擦 对吗? |
[08:57] | Dude, you have to say something. | 伙计 你就说句话吧 |
[09:01] | Yeah, I know what an eraser is. | 我知道板擦是什么 |
[09:05] | Is… Is your name Jack or Jackwill? | 你是叫杰克 还是杰克威尔 |
[09:10] | You thought his name was Jackwill? | 你以为他叫杰克威尔 |
[09:12] | Yeah, a lotta people call me by my first and last name. | 很多人会把我的姓也当成名字 |
[09:16] | I don’t know why. | 不知道为什么 |
[09:18] | Got any other questions? | 你还有问题吗? |
[09:19] | Actually, I’ve got a question for Auggie. | 其实 我有个问题问奥吉 |
[09:22] | What’s the deal with your face? | 你的脸是怎么弄的? |
[09:24] | Dude! | 闭嘴! |
[09:25] | I mean were you in a car crash or something? | 你出车祸了 还是怎么了? |
[09:26] | Julian! | 朱利安 |
[09:28] | What? Tushman said we could ask questions if we wanted to. | 怎么了 塔什曼说我们有问题可以问他 |
[09:30] | Not rude questions. | 那也不能问这么冒犯人的问题 |
[09:31] | Besides, he was born like that, Mr. Tushman said. | 塔什曼先生说 他生下来就这样 |
[09:34] | Yeah, I know. I just thought maybe he was, like, in a fire, too. | 我只是觉得他是不是也被火烧过 |
[09:37] | Hey, Julian, shut up. | 朱利安 你闭嘴! |
[09:39] | You shut up! | 你才闭嘴! |
[09:40] | Why don’t we all shut up? | 我们三个都别说了 |
[09:43] | No, I wasn’t in a fire. | 我没被火烧过 |
[09:48] | And the word’s “supposedly.” | 还有你刚刚提到恐怕 |
[09:51] | What? | 什么? |
[09:53] | You said that science is supposably really hard. | 你说科学课恐怕真的挺难的 |
[09:57] | Twice. | 说了两次呢 |
[09:59] | The word’s “supposedly.” With a “D.” | 应该是恐怕 你的发音不太标准 |
[10:04] | Maybe my mom can home school you, too. | 没准儿我妈妈也应该教教你 |
[10:20] | Do you wanna tell us yet how you felt about the tour? | 你想不想跟我们聊聊今天参观的 |
[10:24] | Today? | 怎么样 |
[10:25] | Mr. Tushman went out of his way | 土什曼先生跟我强调了半天 |
[10:27] | to tell me how sweet those kids were | 那些孩子有多懂事 |
[10:29] | and that Julian is apparently quite the dream. | 那个朱利安好像真的很不错 |
[10:33] | No. | 不是 |
[10:34] | Not a dream? | 他不好吗? |
[10:37] | Is he one of those kids that acts one way in front of grownups | 他是那种在大人与小孩面前 |
[10:39] | and then another way in front of kids? | 表现的不一样的孩子吗 |
[10:41] | Yeah, I guess. | 算是吧 |
[10:42] | Well I know it’s hard, but you have to understand that | 虽然不容易 但你也要理解 |
[10:46] | he probably feels badly about himself. | 他可能对自己没那么自信 |
[10:49] | And when someone acts small, you just have to be the bigger person, all right? | 他可能不懂事 但你要宽容一点 好么 |
[10:53] | Right. | 好 |
[10:57] | Via, I’ll get the pizza. | 维娅 我来拿披萨 |
[11:00] | Look at me, Auggie. | 看着我 奥吉 |
[11:01] | That kid sounds like a real jerk. | 那孩子真是够讨厌的 |
[11:03] | If someone pushes you, push back. | 如果有人敢伤害你 你就反击 |
[11:05] | Don’t be afraid of anyone. | 没有必要害怕 |
[11:07] | Why are we whispering? | 为什么我们要小声说话 |
[11:09] | Because I’m afraid of Mom. | 因为我怕你妈妈 |
[11:11] | You just gotta be a bigger person | 你做人要宽容 |
[11:13] | and rise above it. It’s that easy. | 别老想着那些事 就这么简单 |
[11:17] | Auggie, I do believe that this is the best year for you to start school | 奥吉 我真的觉得今年是你上学的好时候 |
[11:21] | because everybody is going to be new. | 所有人都是新生 |
[11:24] | But if you really don’t wanna go… | 但是如果你不想去.. |
[11:26] | No. It’s okay. I wanna go. | 没关系的 我想上学 |
[11:31] | You do? | 你想上学? |
[11:34] | What changed your mind? | 你怎么又改主意了 |
[11:36] | Well they have a really good science elective. | 学校的科学选修课很不错 |
[11:40] | And I need a better science teacher. | 我也需要一个更好的科学老师 |
[11:43] | – Oh, wow. There’s that. – Whoa! Whoa! | 说的也没错 |
[11:46] | Are you gonna take that, Mom? | 妈妈 他这话说的你能忍? |
[11:47] | Can I get some backup here? | 你要帮我教训他 |
[11:48] | You gonna let him talk to your wife like this? | 他这么跟你老婆说话 你能忍? |
[11:50] | I’m not gonna let him talk to my wife like that. | 不能让他这样对待我的老婆 |
[11:52] | – Please! – Get him! Come on, Via. | – 放开我 – 抓住他了 维娅 |
[11:54] | Get in there. | 挠他 |
[12:24] | I’ll meet you right here after school. | 放学后我就在这等你 |
[12:27] | Okay? Right here. | 好么 就在这见 |
[12:32] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[12:33] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[12:35] | I’ll see you later. | 放学后见 |
[12:42] | Can you hear me? | 听得到吗 |
[12:51] | We’re gonna have a little man-to-man. | 让我们俩单独说两句 |
[12:54] | Now, I gotta stop here, because past this point is a No Dad Zone | 我只能送你到这儿了 从这就不让爸爸进了 |
[12:58] | and you don’t wanna walk up with your parents because it’s not cool. | 而且和爸妈走在一起 显得你不够酷 |
[13:02] | But you’re cool. | 可你很酷啊 |
[13:04] | I know I am, but technically most dads aren’t, so… | 我知道我很酷 但是严格说来 很多爸爸都不怎么样 |
[13:09] | And neither are these helmets. | 戴着头盔也是不酷的 |
[13:14] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:16] | Two rules. First, only raise your hand once a class, | 两条规矩 一 每节课只举一次手 |
[13:20] | no matter how many answers you know. | 不管你知道多少答案 |
[13:22] | Except for science. Crush that one. | 除了科学课 那节课答个痛快 |
[13:25] | Check. | 收到 |
[13:26] | Second, you’re gonna feel like you’re all alone, Auggie. | 第二 你会感到很孤独 奥吉 |
[13:30] | But you’re not. | 但我们都陪在你身边 |
[13:33] | Check. | 收到 |
[13:34] | Should we lose this? Come on, costumes are for Halloween. | 我们摘了吧 摘掉 这是万圣节穿的 |
[13:38] | Prepare for blastoff. | 预备 头盔升空 |
[13:50] | I love you. | 我爱你! |
[13:51] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[13:54] | Have fun. | 好好上学 |
[13:55] | Bye. | 再见! |
[13:59] | Have an excellent mission and Godspeed. | 祝你顺利完成任务 上帝保佑 |
[14:02] | We are ready to proceed at this time. | 我们已准备就绪 |
[14:05] | 10. 9. 8. 7. 10. 9. 8. 7. | |
[14:08] | Dear God, please, make them be nice to him. | 老天爷 让别的孩子对他好点吧 |
[14:11] | 4. 3. 2. 1. 4. 3. 2. 1. | |
[14:23] | My mom always said… | 我妈妈常说 |
[14:26] | “If you don’t like where you are… | 如果你不喜欢你所在的地方 |
[14:28] | “just picture where you wanna be.” | 就想像一个你想去的地方 |
[14:35] | Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! | 奥吉 |
[14:38] | Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! Auggie! | 奥吉 |
[14:52] | I can’t wait till Halloween. | 真希望万圣节快点到来 |
[15:15] | All right, let’s settle down. Everybody settle down. | 好了 都坐下 大家都坐到自己的位置上 |
[15:19] | Uh… Saved. | 这儿有人 |
[15:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:22] | Everybody find your seats? Yes? | 大家现在都有座位了 对么 |
[15:28] | Finding our seats. Great. | 都坐下了 太好了! |
[15:34] | All right, now some of us are lucky enough to know each other. Yeah? | 好 有的同学是相互认识的 对吗 |
[15:38] | And, and others are new. Hi there. | 也有新来的其他人 你好 |
[15:41] | Okay, my name is Mr. Browne and you’re late. | 我是布朗老师 同学 你迟到了 |
[15:48] | Yeah. I’m so sorry. | 是的 真的很抱歉 |
[15:51] | I was just helping set up chairs for the assembly. | 我去帮忙摆晨会的椅子了 |
[15:54] | Don’t worry about it. | 没关系的 |
[15:55] | Can anybody tell me what this word means? | 谁知道这个词的意思 |
[15:57] | Anybody? No? | 有人知道吗? |
[15:59] | Precepts are rules for really important things. | 箴言就是一些重要的准则 |
[16:02] | Like mottos. | 就像格言 |
[16:03] | Like mottos. Or like famous quotes. | 就像格言 或者说像名人名言 |
[16:05] | Or like, um, lines from a fortune cookie. Right? | 也可以说像是 幸运饼干里的字条 |
[16:09] | Precepts can help motivate us. | 箴言能激励我们 |
[16:12] | They can help guide us when we have to make decisions | 引导我们在面对重大选择时 |
[16:14] | about really important things. Okay? | 做出决定 |
[16:16] | “So why are you talkin’ to me about precepts | 你们可能会问 为什么一大早就谈 |
[16:17] | “this early in the morning, Mr. Browne?” | 箴言呢 布朗老师 |
[16:19] | Well, let me tell you. | 我来回答你们 |
[16:20] | Because precepts can also tell us a lot about ourselves. | 因为箴言能让我们更加的了解自己 |
[16:24] | Who is it that I aspire to be? | 我想要变成一个什么样的人 |
[16:26] | That is the question that we should be asking ourselves all the time. | 这是我们每一个人都应该反复思考的问题 |
[16:29] | What kind of person am I? | 我到底是一个什么样的人 |
[16:31] | So this is what we’re gonna do. | 好了 下面我们这样 |
[16:33] | Um, everyone’s gonna come up with two things | 每个人说出两件事情 |
[16:35] | that they think everybody else should know about them. | 让其他的人更了解你 |
[16:38] | All right? I’ll go first. | 好么 我先开始 |
[16:39] | Number one, I used to work on Wall Street. For a long time. | 第一 我以前在华尔街工作了很长一段时间 |
[16:43] | And two, I left Wall Street to pursue my dream and teach. | 第二 我离开那里是为了追梦 当一位老师 |
[16:48] | Boom, who’s next? | 好了 谁下一个 |
[16:51] | Yes. | 你来 |
[16:53] | Julian Albans. | 我叫朱利安·奥尔本斯 |
[16:54] | And I think it’s cool how you’re pursuing your dream. | 你能坚持追求梦想真的很棒 |
[16:57] | Thank you very much, Julian. Let’s hear your two things. | 谢谢你这么说 朱利安 谈谈你自己的两件事吧 |
[17:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:02] | One, I just got Battleground Mystic on my Wii and it’s totally awesome. | 第一 我在游戏机上新装了神秘战场 可好玩了 |
[17:06] | And number 2, we got a ping pong table this summer. | 第二 暑假我家买了乒乓球桌 |
[17:10] | Amazing. Any questions for Julian? | 非常好 大家有什么问题想问他的吗 |
[17:13] | Yes? | 请讲 |
[17:14] | Is Battleground Mystic multiplayer or single player? | 神秘战场是单人还是多人游戏 |
[17:17] | Let’s not those kinda questions. | 迈尔斯 我说的不是这种问题 |
[17:19] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[17:33] | Hi. | 大家好 |
[17:35] | My name’s August Pullman. | 我叫奥古斯特·普尔曼 |
[17:38] | Auggie. | 也可以叫我奥吉 |
[17:39] | And, um… | 然后 |
[17:42] | I have a sister named Via and a dog named Daisy. | 我有个姐姐叫维娅 有条狗叫黛西 |
[17:46] | I love Star Wars. | 我喜欢星球大战 |
[17:49] | And I just said three things. Yeah. Sorry. | 我说了三件事 抱歉 |
[17:53] | That sounds like a bonus to me. Three things. | 那真是额外的惊喜了 三件事 |
[17:56] | Thank you very much, Auggie, that was perfect. Who’s next? | 谢谢你 奥吉 非常好 谁来下一个 |
[17:58] | Oh! I actually have a question for Auggie. | 我有个问题想问奥吉 |
[18:02] | What’s the deal with the braid in the back of your hair? | 为什么你留着小辫子 |
[18:05] | Is it like a Padawan thing? | 是模仿绝地学徒吗? |
[18:07] | What’s a Padawan thing? | 什么是绝地学徒 |
[18:09] | Oh. It’s from Star Wars. Padawan is a Jedi apprentice. | 是星球大战里的 就是绝地武士的徒弟 |
[18:13] | Who’s your favorite character, Auggie? | 你最喜欢哪个角色 奥吉 |
[18:16] | Boba Fett. | 波巴·费特 |
[18:17] | What about Darth Sidious? Do you like him? | 达斯·西迪厄斯呢 你喜欢他么 |
[18:25] | Ouch. | 好伤心 |
[18:26] | Okay, can we talk about Star Wars at recess? Yes? | 课间时间再聊星球大战吧 好么 |
[18:30] | All right. Who wants to read this month’s precept? | 谁愿意读一下本月箴言 |
[18:33] | Me! Me! Me! | 我 |
[18:35] | Me! Me! Me! | 我 |
[18:38] | What about you? What’s your name? | 你想试一试吗? 你叫什么名字? |
[18:40] | Summer. | 莎莫 |
[18:43] | Want to give it a shot? | 你想试一下吗 |
[18:46] | “When given the choice between being right or being kind, | 如果要在正确和善良中做出选择 |
[18:51] | “choose kind.” | 请选择善良 |
[19:32] | Hey, can I sit there? | 嘿 我能坐这么 |
[19:34] | Sure! | 当然! |
[19:36] | You eat like the Sarlacc monster, my young Padawan. | 你吃东西的样子可真像沙拉克怪物 小学徒 |
[19:48] | Newton’s first law of motion. | 牛顿第一运动定律 |
[19:54] | An object in motion will stay in motion unless… | 运动中的物体将保持运动状态 除非… |
[20:01] | It’s okay, I didn’t expect you to know that on the first day. | 不知道也没关系 毕竟才第一天上课 |
[20:04] | Acted on by another force. | 除非受到外力作用 |
[20:10] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[20:12] | Here’s how it works. | 原理是这样的 |
[20:14] | A moving object will only change its speed or direction | 想让运动中的物体改变速度或方向 |
[20:19] | if something else causes it to do that. | 只能施加外力迫使它改变 |
[20:36] | Hey Darth Hideous, did you hear? | 丑八怪达斯 听我说 |
[20:38] | Padawan braids were lame 15 years ago. | 学徒小辫十五年前就过时了 |
[20:40] | Supposedly. With a “D.” | 恐怕 是吧 |
[20:42] | Dude! | 老兄! |
[20:43] | More like they were always lame. | 那玩意儿一直都很逊诶 |
[20:45] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[20:46] | Later, Barf Hideous! | 再见了 恶心的丑八怪! |
[20:52] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:53] | Hey, Mom. | 嘿 妈妈 |
[21:04] | Auggie, you’re supposed to knock. | 奥吉 你得敲门 |
[21:07] | I’m serious this time. | 我这次可是认真的 |
[21:14] | Wait, did someone make fun of it? | 等等 有人取笑你的辫子? |
[21:31] | I, for one, had a great day. | 我今天过得挺好的 |
[21:37] | Just trying to lighten the mood. | 只是想活跃下气氛 |
[21:41] | Right, Daisy? Right. Good girl. | 是吧 黛西?对 乖狗狗 |
[21:45] | Well I went to, um, Kinko’s today | 噢 我今天去了趟打印店 |
[21:49] | to see if they could get my thesis off this. | 看能不能把论文从这儿拷出来 |
[21:53] | You’re gonna finish your dissertation? | 你要继续写论文了? |
[21:56] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[21:58] | It’s a floppy disk. | 这个叫软盘 |
[21:59] | A what? | 什么东西? |
[22:00] | Come on! You, it, a floppy… | 得了吧 你们连软盘… |
[22:02] | These kids today. It’s basically an iPhone. | 现在的孩子 这玩意儿就像苹果手机 |
[22:06] | You know, it doesn’t play music or, you can’t call, but… | 除了不能放音乐和打电话 |
[22:08] | They couldn’t get the file. | 他们拷不出来 |
[22:10] | That’s okay. You’ll find a place. | 没关系 试试其他地方嘛 |
[22:12] | Well I think it’s great, Mom. | 噢真是太好了 妈妈 |
[22:15] | Maybe. Thank you. | 是吧 谢谢你 |
[22:24] | So Auggie… | 呃 奥吉… |
[22:26] | Yeah? | 怎么了? |
[22:32] | Hi. | 看着我 |
[22:35] | How was your first day of school? | 第一天上学怎么样? |
[22:45] | Earth to Auggie. We asked you a question. | 呼叫奥吉 请回答 |
[22:49] | Come on, how was your day? | 说说吧 今天怎么样? |
[22:50] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[22:52] | Good how? Good like it was good? | 怎么个好法?是很好的那种好吗? |
[22:55] | Or good like it was bad and you just don’t wanna tell us? | 或者不太好 只是你不想告诉我们? |
[22:57] | It was good, okay? I just don’t know | 挺好的 好吗?我不明白 |
[22:58] | what you want me to say? It was good! | 你们到底想让我说什么 真的挺好的! |
[23:00] | Okay, okay, hey! If you’re mad at Mom | 好了好了 嘿 别朝妈妈发脾气 |
[23:02] | about going to school, it was my idea, too. | 让你上学也是我的主意 |
[23:04] | Why can’t I just say “good” like anybody else? | 我就不能像其他人一样说“挺好”吗? |
[23:20] | Battin’ a thousand today. | 真是称心如意的一天啊 |
[23:28] | Are they gonna ask about my day? | 就不能也问问我过得怎样吗 |
[23:36] | That is not the way we leave the table. | 你这样跑掉是不对的 |
[23:39] | Hey, come on. Talk to me. | 嘿 过来 我们谈谈 |
[23:44] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[23:54] | Take that off, please. | 把头盔摘掉 好吗 |
[24:05] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[24:06] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[24:07] | It’ll be okay. | 会没事的 |
[24:10] | Why do I have to be so ugly? | 我为什么一定要这么丑? |
[24:12] | You are not ugly, Auggie. | 你一点儿也不丑 奥吉 |
[24:15] | You just have to say that because you’re my mom. | 因为你是我妈妈 所以你必须得这样说 |
[24:18] | Oh, because I’m your mom, it doesn’t count? | 我是你妈妈 所以说了不算? |
[24:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[24:22] | Because I’m your mom, it counts the most because I know you the most. | 正因为我是你妈妈 说话才最算数 因为我最了解你 |
[24:26] | You are not ugly and anyone who cares to know you will see that. | 你一点也不丑 那些真心想认识你的人会明白的 |
[24:32] | They won’t even talk to me. | 没人愿意和我说话 |
[24:35] | It matters that I look different. | 因为我长得和他们不一样 |
[24:38] | I try to pretend that it doesn’t, but it does. | 我假装不是这样 但事实就是这样 |
[24:41] | I know. | 我明白 |
[24:46] | Is it always gonna matter? | 长相会影响我一辈子吗 |
[24:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:56] | Honey, listen… | 宝贝 听着 |
[25:03] | Look at me. We all have marks on our face. | 看着我 每个人的脸上都有印记 |
[25:08] | I have this wrinkle here from your first surgery. | 你第一次手术时我长了这条皱纹 |
[25:11] | I have these wrinkles here from your last surgery. | 最后一次手术时我长了这些皱纹 |
[25:16] | This is the map that shows us where we’re going. | 这张地图会为我们指引方向 |
[25:21] | And this is the map that shows us where we’ve been. | 而这张地图 标记着我们去过的地方 |
[25:25] | And it’s never ever ugly. | 它绝对不是丑陋的 |
[25:31] | But what about your gray hair? | 那你的白头发呢? |
[25:38] | That’s compliments of your dad, I think. | 估计是被你爸爸气出来的 |
[25:54] | And as though we summoned him. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[25:56] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样? |
[25:59] | My day is really good right now. | 现在看来过得非常好 |
[26:07] | So they went to Florida, where Gollum was living in Miami. And… | 他们去了佛罗里达 咕噜在迈阿密的老家 后来… |
[26:15] | Oh, you know what it is? | 你知道怎么回事吗? |
[26:16] | Daddy doesn’t have his glasses on. | 爸爸没戴眼镜 |
[26:18] | You’re making this up. | 你瞎编的吧 |
[26:33] | August is the sun. | 奥吉是我们家的太阳 |
[26:36] | My mom and dad and me are planets orbiting the sun. | 爸爸妈妈和我是围着太阳转的行星 |
[26:40] | But I love my brother and I’m used to the way this universe works. | 我爱我的弟弟 也习惯了这个宇宙的规则 |
[26:49] | My mom says that on my fourth birthday I wished for a little brother. | 妈妈说我在四岁生日时许愿要个小弟弟 |
[26:54] | And when he was born, it only took me a few seconds and I was all over him. | 后来奥吉出生了 看他的第一眼我就爱上了他 |
[27:02] | Can you hear me? | 能听见吗? |
[27:04] | If they stare, let them stare. | 他们要看 就让他们看好了 |
[27:08] | You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out. | 你融入不了 只是因为你生下来就与众不同 |
[27:15] | I’ve never asked my mom for help with my homework. | 我从来没让妈妈辅导过作业 |
[27:18] | I never needed my dad to remind me to study for a test. | 也不需要爸爸在考试前提醒我复习 |
[27:22] | I just did most of my studying in waiting rooms and hospitals. | 大多数时间我都在候诊室和医院里学习 |
[27:26] | Mom and Dad would always say I was the most understanding girl in the world. | 爸爸妈妈常说我是世上最体贴的女儿 |
[27:31] | I don’t know about that. | 我不知道是不是这样 |
[27:34] | I just knew my family couldn’t take one more thing. | 我只知道不能再给他们添麻烦了 |
[27:38] | I know my family loves me, but ever since my grandma died, | 我知道家人很爱我 但是除了过世的外婆 |
[27:42] | my best friend Miranda is the only person who knows me. | 我最好的朋友米兰达是唯一懂我的人 |
[27:47] | Miranda! | 米兰达! |
[27:49] | Wow. Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[27:52] | Hey, Via. | 嘿 维娅 |
[27:54] | I’ve texted you, like, 1,000 times. | 我给你发了1000多条短信了 |
[27:56] | When’d you get back from camp? | 夏令营什么时候结束的? |
[27:58] | Two weeks ago. | 两周以前吧 |
[28:01] | Two weeks? | 两周了? |
[28:02] | Sorry, it’s been crazy. You know? | 抱歉 我都忙疯了 你懂的 |
[28:06] | Yeah, no, that’s okay. | 嗯 没事 没关系 |
[28:10] | What’d you do to your hair? | 你的头发怎么了? |
[28:11] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗? |
[28:13] | Yeah. Yeah. It looks wild. | 喜欢 嗯 看起来很…狂野 |
[28:17] | Just trying something different, you know. | 我只是 做些新的尝试 |
[28:21] | I’ll catch you later. | 再联系吧 |
[28:25] | – Hey, Ella. – Hey. | – 嘿 艾拉 – 嘿 |
[28:56] | Thinking about signing up? | 你是想要报名吗? |
[28:59] | – For what? – The drama club. | – 报名什么?- 戏剧社 |
[29:01] | They study theatre in the fall and do a play in the spring. | 他们秋季排练 春季汇报演出 |
[29:04] | Um… | 呃 |
[29:06] | No, not really. I’m not a theatre nerd. | 没有 我不报 我不是那种戏剧迷 |
[29:09] | Well, that’s too bad. I am. | 那真是太遗憾了 我是 |
[29:13] | I’m Justin by the way. | 我叫贾斯汀 |
[29:16] | Sorry, that was… That was rude. Um… | 抱歉 我刚才真是… 太没礼貌了 |
[29:19] | I’m Via. Olivia. | 我叫维娅 奥利维娅 |
[29:22] | First days suck, don’t they? | 第一天总是不顺 对吗? |
[29:26] | Yeah. Yeah, they do. | 是啊 很不顺 |
[29:30] | My mom tried to walk me here from the subway. | 我妈妈要从地铁站送我到学校 |
[29:33] | I literally had to ditch her at the traffic light. | 我只能趁着红灯的时候把她甩掉 |
[29:35] | My mom still doesn’t think I can use a MetroCard. | 我妈妈还以为我不会用地铁卡呢 |
[29:39] | You an only child, too? | 你也是独生子女吗? |
[29:42] | Yeah. Yeah. | 嗯 对 |
[29:43] | They never listen. This one time I told my mom | 和父母说了也是白说 有次我告诉我妈妈 |
[29:46] | I wanted to take guitar lessons and play like Jimi Hendrix. | 我想学吉他 像摇滚明星吉米·亨德里克斯那样 |
[29:49] | What happened? | 后来呢? |
[29:55] | Well it was nice to meet you, Via. Olivia. | 很高兴认识你 维娅 奥利维娅 |
[29:58] | Yeah. It was nice to meet you, too, Justin. | 嗯 我也很高兴认识你 贾斯汀 |
[30:01] | Maybe, I’ll see you around. | 那就回头见 |
[30:03] | Though not onstage, clearly. | 舞台上就算了吧 |
[30:27] | Come in. | 请进 |
[30:30] | Good night, honey. | 晚安 宝贝 |
[30:32] | Where’s Mom? | 妈妈呢? |
[30:33] | She fell asleep. | 她已经睡了 |
[30:35] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:38] | How’s Auggie? | 奥吉还好吧? |
[30:41] | There’s some bully, you know. | 有人欺负他了 所以… |
[30:48] | How was your first day? | 你的第一天怎么样? |
[30:51] | It was… It was really good. | 嗯… 很不错 |
[30:53] | It was good? | 是吗? |
[30:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:56] | Say hi to Miranda for us. | 替我们向米兰达问好 |
[30:59] | I will. | 我会的 |
[31:00] | Sweet dreams. | 做个好梦 |
[31:01] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[31:27] | My mom put her life on hold for my brother. | 妈妈为弟弟牺牲了自己的梦想 |
[31:30] | She always wanted to be a children’s book illustrator and teach art. | 她一直想当个儿童读物插画家 当美术老师 |
[31:35] | She was one thesis shy of getting her master’s when Auggie was born. | 奥吉出生时 她只差一篇论文就能拿到硕士学位了 |
[31:40] | Then she stopped writing it. | 后来她就停笔了 |
[31:44] | She stopped a lot of things when Auggie was born. | 奥吉出生时她放弃了很多东西 |
[31:48] | But she is still great at drawing. | 但她依然画得很好 |
[31:52] | I don’t know if she even realizes that | 不知道她有没有意识到 |
[31:54] | she makes Auggie the center of every universe she draws. | 奥吉永远是她每幅画的主题 |
[31:59] | Miranda used to joke that my house was like the Earth. | 米兰达曾经开玩笑说 我的家就像地球 |
[32:04] | It revolved around the son. Not the daughter. | 永远围着儿子转 而不是女儿 |
[32:10] | That doesn’t change the fact that my mother has a great eye. | 不过妈妈还是很有画家的观察力 |
[32:17] | I just wish that one time, she would use it to look at me. | 我只希望她也能看看我 哪怕只有一次 |
[32:30] | Yeah, good job, good job. | 就这样 非常好 好极了 |
[32:40] | Miranda? | 米兰达? |
[32:44] | Via? What are you doing here? | 维娅 你在这儿做什么? |
[32:47] | Just trying something new. | 只是 做些新的尝试 |
[32:50] | You? | 你呢 |
[32:51] | Uh, same. | 我也是 |
[32:54] | All right, everybody, let’s go! | 好了各位 开始吧 |
[32:55] | Time for vocal warm up. | 先开下嗓 |
[32:56] | Bring it in! Bring it in, people, let’s go! | 快过来 集合了 开始啦! |
[32:58] | Everybody, hands up! Reach high! And… | 所有人 手举起来!举高点! |
[33:04] | Guys, can you please… | 各位 |
[33:08] | Okay. You… You guys, skooch. Sit. Just be closer. | 好啦 小朋友们 别玩了 往中间站 |
[33:13] | Ladies and Gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 |
[33:15] | Stay. Stay, good. | 站好了 很好 |
[33:17] | Hey, hey. What’s your name? | 嘿 你叫什么名字? |
[33:21] | Auggie. | 奥吉 |
[33:23] | Nice boots. | 鞋子不错 |
[33:26] | Great. Thanks. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[33:29] | Okay, everybody, here we go. We’re skooching and say “Cheese.” | 好了各位 开始了 往中间靠靠 说“茄子” |
[33:35] | Cheese! | 茄子! |
[33:39] | School became… Well, I got used to it. | 学校嘛… 不过我也习惯了 |
[33:43] | Except for dodgeball. | 除了躲避球 |
[33:45] | What evil man invented dodgeball? | 这么邪恶的游戏是谁发明的? |
[33:49] | But my least favorite zone at school is courtyard. | 校园里我最讨厌的地方是院子 |
[33:54] | Because the whole school’s there. | 因为所有人都在那里 |
[33:57] | No one does anything mean. Or says anything. Or laughs. | 没人对我使坏 没人说我坏话或嘲笑我 |
[34:01] | They all just look, then look away, then look back. | 他们只会看我 看看别处 再看回来 |
[34:05] | They’re just being normal kids. | 小孩子这样很正常 |
[34:07] | I kinda wanna tell them, “Hey, I know I look weird, but it’s okay.” | 我只想告诉他们 “嘿 我知道我长得怪 可这有什么关系呢” |
[34:11] | I mean, if Chewbacca started going to school here one day, | 我是说 如果丘巴卡有一天来这里上学 |
[34:15] | I’d probably stare at him a bit, too. | 我也会忍不住偷看他的 |
[34:28] | I’m sorry if my staring made you feel weird. | 抱歉我盯着你看 让你不自在了 |
[34:38] | In order for any of us to see, we need light. | 为了能看见事物 我们需要光 |
[34:41] | So right now light is bouncing off this card traveling through the air, | 现在光在卡片上反射 通过空气 |
[34:47] | through the glass, to your eye. | 和玻璃 进入你的眼睛 |
[34:49] | But what if we added water? | 但如果我们加点水呢? |
[35:00] | Whoa, indeed. | 没错 |
[35:02] | Any time light passes from one material or medium to another, it bends. | 如果光穿过一种材料或介质到另一种 就会偏折 |
[35:08] | This bending of light is also known as… | 光的偏折现象叫做… |
[35:14] | Refraction. | 折射 |
[35:16] | Very good, Auggie. | 非常好 奥吉 |
[35:19] | Jack, you okay? | 怎么了 杰克? |
[35:20] | Yeah, yeah, refraction. | 没事没事 折射 |
[35:22] | Good. Clear your desks. Pop quiz. | 好的 收拾下课桌 随堂测验 |
[36:03] | Hurry. | 快点 |
[36:37] | Hey, Jack, come sit here. | 嘿 杰克 坐这儿 |
[36:44] | In a sec. | 等一下 |
[36:48] | Where’s he goin’? | 他去哪儿? |
[36:51] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[36:52] | Thanks for your help today. | 谢谢你刚才帮我 |
[36:53] | No problem. | 不用谢 |
[36:55] | And don’t worry, I got a couple wrong so Ms. Petosa wouldn’t know. | 别担心 我故意填错了几个 佩托莎老师不会发现的 |
[36:59] | I’m not worried. The worst they can do is kick me out. | 我不怕 大不了开除我呗 |
[37:04] | Not loving school either, huh? | 你也不喜欢学校吗? |
[37:06] | Oh, it’s great. | 呵 我可喜欢了呢 |
[37:08] | I wanted to go to Wayne Middle. | 我本来想去韦恩中学的 |
[37:11] | The one with the great sports teams. | 那里的校队很强 |
[37:12] | Then why’d you come here? | 那你怎么来这儿了? |
[37:15] | They gave me the scholarship. | 这儿给了我奖学金 |
[37:20] | Well, if you need help in science, | 呃 如果你想补科学课 |
[37:23] | you can come to my house after school. | 可以放学后来我家 |
[37:26] | You know, if you want. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[37:28] | Great. Thanks! | 太好了 谢谢! |
[37:33] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[37:35] | I just don’t like eating in front of people. | 我只是不想当着别人的面吃饭 |
[37:37] | What do you mean? | 为什么? |
[37:39] | It’s a long story, but when I eat, | 说来话长 但我吃饭的时候 |
[37:41] | I think I chew like some prehistoric swamp turtle. | 很像某种史前沼泽龟 |
[37:44] | No joke? Me too! | 真的吗? 我也是! |
[37:49] | Now there’s tuna on your face. | 你脸上有金枪鱼 |
[37:51] | Yeah! Tuna, man! | 是啊 金枪鱼! |
[37:53] | No, no, no, let me show you how it’s done. | 不不不 我来教你怎么吃 |
[38:01] | Dude, that’s even more gross. | 老兄 这么吃更恶心啊 |
[38:18] | I’m going as Boba Fett this year. | 我今年要扮成波巴·费特 |
[38:20] | I like Halloween, but Christmas is still the best holiday. | 万圣节是不错 但圣诞节才是最棒的节日 |
[38:23] | No way. Halloween is the best. | 不可能 万圣节才是最棒的 |
[38:25] | A pillowcase of candy versus two weeks off school. | 两周不上学还比不上一枕头套的糖吗 |
[38:28] | You’re nuts. | 你疯了吧 |
[38:30] | You see? | 看见没有? |
[38:32] | Even your dog agrees. | 你的狗都同意呢 |
[38:35] | Hey, Mom, is it okay if Jack comes over? | 嘿 妈妈 杰克可以去我们家玩吗? |
[38:39] | Yes! | 当然! |
[38:41] | Thanks, Mrs. P. | 谢谢你 普太太 |
[38:42] | I mean, you get snow on Christmas. | 我是说 圣诞节会下雪 |
[38:45] | But you can get snow on Halloween. | 万圣节也可能下雪 |
[38:47] | – How? – If you live in Alaska | – 怎么可能?- 假如你住在阿拉斯加 |
[38:49] | or there’s a blizzard. | 就会有暴风雪 |
[38:50] | I’ve got to be cool. | 我得淡定点 |
[39:08] | You ever thought about having plastic surgery? | 你想过做整容手术吗? |
[39:11] | No, I’ve never thought about it. Why? | 没 从来没想过 为什么要做? |
[39:16] | Dude, this is after plastic surgery! | 老兄 我已经整过容了 |
[39:19] | It takes a lotta work to look this good. | 要整很多次才能这么帅的 |
[39:22] | Oh my God! Oh my God. | 天哪!天哪! |
[39:24] | 1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thumb war. | 1 2 3 4 我的拇指真厉害 |
[39:28] | Bow, kiss, begin. | 鞠躬 亲一个 开战 |
[39:50] | Nate. | 内特 |
[39:53] | Fire. | 着火了 |
[40:04] | Okay, everybody, if you can’t see the camera, the camera can’t see you. | 听着各位 得看镜头 不然拍不到你 |
[40:07] | Now let’s improv like we know what we’re doing. | 注意表情 要像那么回事儿 |
[40:09] | Okay, everybody say, “Stella!” | 一起说“斯特拉”! |
[40:12] | Stella! | 斯特拉! |
[40:23] | So I can’t figure you out. | 我可真搞不懂你 |
[40:25] | What? | 什么? |
[40:27] | Um, I can’t figure you out. | 我说 我不明白你 |
[40:31] | Most theatre people won’t stop talking about themselves. | 一般戏剧社里的人说起自己的事都停不下来 |
[40:34] | But you don’t talk. | 但你从来不说 |
[40:37] | I… I listen. | 我… 我喜欢听别人说 |
[40:39] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[40:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:42] | Oh. So you do pay attention. | 原来你会注意别人 |
[40:46] | Okay, that’s a start. Uh… | 好吧 不错的开场 |
[40:48] | I’m a good listener so tell me something. | 我很会倾听 说说你自己吧 |
[40:51] | Who are you gonna audition for? | 你想演哪个角色? |
[40:53] | Um, I’m not really the Our Town type. | 呃 我不太适合演《我们的小镇》 |
[40:56] | Oh come on. Don’t be the “run lights girl.” | 别这样 别总是负责灯光 |
[41:00] | Should be Emily. | 试试艾米莉吧 |
[41:02] | The lead? | 女主角? |
[41:03] | Look, your family can’t cheer for you in a booth. | 对啊 光在幕后打灯 你的家人怎么给你加油啊 |
[41:06] | Oh, they’re pretty busy. | 他们很忙 |
[41:08] | I don’t think they would cheer for me anyway. | 应该不会来给我加油的 |
[41:10] | Come on, there’s not one person | 别这么说 你家里面 |
[41:12] | in your family who would applaud you? | 就没人给你加油鼓劲吗? |
[41:15] | My grandmother. | 外婆会的 |
[41:17] | There you go. Bring her. | 那就对了 带她来吧 |
[41:21] | I can’t. | 她来不了了 |
[41:25] | Well, then I’ll applaud you. | 好吧 那我会给你加油的 |
[41:29] | Why are you being so nice to me? | 你为什么对我这么好? |
[41:32] | Because you’re an only child. We have to stick together. | 因为你是独生女 我们要互相支持 |
[41:38] | Think about it. Okay? | 考虑一下 好吗? |
[41:43] | And your grandmother’s still cheerin’ you on. | 你奶奶也会给你加油的 |
[41:55] | I know you. | 我了解你 |
[41:58] | And I love you more than anything in the world. | 你是我最爱的心肝宝贝 |
[42:04] | What about Auggie? | 那奥吉呢? |
[42:07] | I love your brother. | 我当然爱你的弟弟 |
[42:10] | But he has a lot of angels looking out for him. | 但已经有很多天使在关爱着他了 |
[42:15] | And you have me. | 而你有我 |
[42:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:24] | You are everywhere. | 你是我的全世界 |
[42:27] | And… | 还有… |
[42:31] | …you are my favorite. | 奶奶最疼爱你了 |
[42:34] | You’re my favorite, too, Grams. | 你也是我最爱的人 奶奶 |
[43:02] | Mom, Daisy ruined my Boba Fett costume! | 妈妈 黛西毁了我的波巴·费特服装! |
[43:05] | What? Where have you been? It’s very late. | 什么?你到哪里去了?这么晚才回来 |
[43:08] | – I’m sorry. – She threw up all over it. | – 抱歉 – 黛西吐的我衣服上全是 |
[43:10] | Okay, well, you’ll just have to wear | 好吧 那你就只能穿 |
[43:11] | – your costume from last year. – But I told Jack | – 去年的服装了 – 但是我告诉杰克 |
[43:13] | I was going as Boba Fett, not Ghostface. | 我要扮波巴 不是鬼脸 |
[43:16] | Well, tomorrow is Halloween. And all the shops are closed. | 好吧 明天就是万圣节 所有的商店都已经关门了 |
[43:19] | And my artistic hands are busy making meatloaf. | 我这双手正忙着做烘肉卷 |
[43:21] | So you do the math. | 你自己想想吧 |
[43:22] | Fine! | 算了! |
[43:26] | Do you need some help, Mom? | 妈妈 你需要帮忙吗? |
[43:27] | What? | 什么? |
[43:29] | Some help. | 我来帮你 |
[43:30] | Oh, uh, yes, thank you. | 是的 谢谢你 |
[43:33] | Er, mince that rosemary, please. | 帮我把迷迭香切碎吧 |
[43:38] | Where did you say you were? | 你刚才说你去哪了? |
[43:42] | I, uh… I went to Coney Island. | 我…我去了康尼岛 |
[43:56] | How about you stay home from school tomorrow? Hmm? | 要不你明天别去学校了? |
[43:59] | It’s Halloween. We can make it a 3-day weekend. | 明天是万圣节 加上周末我们可以连续休息三天 |
[44:02] | Spend some time together. | 我们两个聊聊天 |
[44:04] | Yeah. Yeah, that would be really nice. | 好 那真是太好了 |
[44:10] | Okay, good. | 那就好 |
[44:13] | Peppers? I don’t want peppers. | 辣椒吗?不要加辣椒 |
[44:14] | Peppers give Daddy gas. | 爸爸吃这个不消化 |
[44:20] | I don’t care what Jack Will says about Christmas. | 我才不管杰克·威尔说圣诞节有多好 |
[44:24] | Hey, Auggie! | 嘿 奥吉! |
[44:28] | For me, Halloween is the best holiday in the world. | 我觉得 万圣节才是世界上最好的节日 |
[44:34] | It’s so awesome, when I’m wearing the costume! | 当我穿上万圣节服装的时候 那感觉真是太棒了! |
[44:37] | I usually walk with my head down to avoid being seen. | 我一般低着头走路 不让别人看见 |
[44:40] | But on Halloween, I walk with my head up high. | 但在万圣节那天 我可以昂首挺胸的走路 |
[44:51] | I don’t even know who that was. | 我都不知道其他人是谁 |
[44:53] | He didn’t even know who I was. It’s so cool. | 他们也不知道我是谁 那真是太酷了 |
[44:55] | Especially because people don’t like to touch me | 特别是人们平时不愿意碰我 |
[44:58] | because they think I’m contagious. | 因为他们觉得我有传染病 |
[45:00] | Oh, yeah, Chewie! Up high! Boom goes the dynamite! | 耶 丘伊 击个掌 精彩就在此刻 |
[45:12] | It really does look like him. | 这可真像他 |
[45:14] | – This part right? – Yeah. | – 是这块像吧? – 是啊 |
[45:16] | I mean, he’s always reminded me of, like, the shrunken head, you know? | 我觉得 他总是让我想起 风干的骷髅头 你懂吗? |
[45:19] | – Or an orc. – Yeah. | – 还有半兽人 – 对 |
[45:21] | If I looked like him, I’d swear | 如果我长得像他那样 我发誓 |
[45:22] | I’d put a hood over my face every day. | 我每天肯定戴着面罩上学 |
[45:23] | If I looked like him, I think I’d kill myself. | 如果我长那样 肯定早就自杀了 |
[45:27] | Why do you hang out with him so much, Jack? | 杰克 那你为什么老和他在一起 |
[45:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[45:30] | I dunno. | 我也不知道 |
[45:32] | Tushman asked me to be his welcome buddy | 土什曼派我去迎接他 让我对他好一点 |
[45:34] | and now he just follows me around everywhere. | 现在他都快成我的跟屁虫了 |
[45:37] | Well, that must stink! That must stink. | 好吧 真是太惨了 那一定很难受 |
[45:41] | Oh, yeah. Just like him. | 对 就像他那样 |
[45:57] | Nobody puts Baby in the corner. | 怎么会有人忽视宝宝呢 |
[46:03] | Always blows my mind how much Daddy looks like Patrick Swayze in this movie. | 这部电影里的帕特里克·斯威兹和你爸爸简直太像了 |
[46:10] | Ew, no! | 哪有啊! |
[46:13] | Honey, tell me what’s going on with Miranda? | 亲爱的 告诉我 你和米兰达是怎么回事? |
[46:17] | It’s not just the pink hair. | 她不仅染了粉红色头发 |
[46:21] | She’s just… | 她… |
[46:23] | She won’t even talk to me. | 连话都不跟我说了 |
[46:26] | I had a friend in high school. | 我在高中时有一个朋友 |
[46:28] | We went through this exact same thing. | 我跟你经历了同样的事 |
[46:30] | And what I did, which fixed it almost immediately… | 我做了一件事 就立即恢复了好心情 |
[46:33] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[46:34] | Was, um, to eat an entire jack-o’-lantern bucket of candy. | 我吃了整整一个南瓜灯桶里的糖果 |
[46:46] | Mmm. Hello. | 你好 |
[46:48] | Yes, Mr. Tushman. | 是的 土什曼先生 |
[46:51] | He’s nauseous? | 他吐了吗? |
[46:53] | Does he have a fever? | 他发烧了吗? |
[46:55] | What did the nurse say? | 护士怎么说的? |
[46:57] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[46:58] | All right. Okay. Thank you. I will be right there. | 好的 好 谢谢您 我马上就到 |
[47:02] | Honey, I have to go, your brother just threw up at school. | 亲爱的 我得走了 你弟弟刚刚在学校吐了 |
[47:25] | Nate, do you know where his helmet is? | 内特 你知道他的头盔放在哪儿吗? |
[47:28] | He’s asking for it and I’ve looked everywhere. | 他要头盔 我到处都找遍了 |
[47:30] | I don’t know. Something at school. | 我不知道 学校出事了 |
[47:32] | He won’t say. He won’t come out of his room. | 他不说 连房间都不出 |
[47:33] | And now he says he doesn’t even wanna go trick-or-treating. | 现在他还说甚至不想去要糖果了 |
[47:37] | I know. Okay. Thank you. Just get here. | 我知道 好的 谢谢你 快回来吧 |
[47:56] | Come on, get ready. | 来吧 准备好 |
[47:57] | It’s almost time for the Halloween parade. | 万圣节游行要开始了 |
[47:59] | You’re supposed to knock! | 你应该敲门的! |
[48:02] | Go away! | 走开! |
[48:07] | Mom says you won’t say what happened. | 妈妈说你不肯告诉我们发生了什么 |
[48:10] | Did someone say something? | 有人说什么了吗? |
[48:13] | Someone always says something! | 总有人说什么的! |
[48:15] | Well tell me what happened. | 那你告诉我出什么事了 |
[48:16] | It’s none of your business! | 跟你有什么关系! |
[48:18] | You took my day with Mom, so it is my business. | 你弄的妈妈没法陪我了 所以跟我有关系 |
[48:23] | I heard Jack Will talking about me behind my back. | 我听到杰克·威尔在背后说我坏话 |
[48:26] | He said he’d kill himself if he looked like me. | 他说如果他长成我这样 他就会自杀 |
[48:29] | Jack Will? Isn’t he the nice one? | 杰克·威尔?他不是挺好的吗? |
[48:33] | There are no nice ones! | 一个好的都没有! |
[48:35] | I wish I’d never gone to school in the first place! | 我真希望我一开始就没去上学! |
[48:38] | But you were liking school. I know you were. | 可你喜欢学校 我知道你喜欢的 |
[48:40] | I hate it, okay? I hate it. | 我讨厌 好吗?我讨厌 |
[48:46] | Auggie, I’m sorry, but you’re not the only one who has bad days. | 奥吉 我很抱歉 但你不是唯一日子不好过的人 |
[48:51] | Bad days? Do people avoid touching you? | 不好过?人们有躲着你走吗? |
[48:55] | When a person accidentally touches you, do they call it “the plague”? | 有人不小心碰到你时 他们会说“瘟疫”来了吗? |
[48:59] | No. | 没有 |
[49:00] | Jack Will was all I had. | 我只有杰克·威尔一个朋友 |
[49:01] | So just don’t compare your bad days at school to mine, okay? | 所以请不要拿你和我做比较 好吗? |
[49:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[49:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[49:14] | Did you notice that Miranda doesn’t come around any more? | 你注意到米兰达最近没来我们家了吗? |
[49:17] | What? | 什么? |
[49:18] | You didn’t. Shocker. | 你没注意到 很好奇吧 |
[49:22] | Yeah she went away to camp this summer | 是的 她暑假去参加夏令营了 |
[49:24] | and now she doesn’t like me anymore. | 现在她不再喜欢我了 |
[49:26] | Why? | 为什么? |
[49:28] | Because school sucks. | 上学就是这样 |
[49:32] | And people change. | 人也是会变的 |
[49:34] | So if you wanna be a normal kid, Auggie, then those are the rules. | 奥吉 如果你想当一个正常的孩子 这就是规则 |
[49:39] | So let’s go trick-or-treating. | 所以我们去要糖果吧 |
[49:43] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[49:45] | Because right now we’re each other’s best friends. | 因为现在我们是彼此最好的朋友 |
[49:52] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[49:54] | Yes. | 真的 |
[49:55] | So come on. | 所以走吧 |
[49:59] | I’ll let you have all my Halloween candy. | 我把我拿到的万圣节糖果都给你 |
[50:06] | I’ll trade you my apples. | 我用我的苹果和你换 |
[50:08] | Okay, no. | 好吧 不行 |
[50:09] | I know that I said that you could have all my candy, | 我知道我说过你可以拿走我所有的糖果 |
[50:11] | but I was really just saying that to get you out of the house. | 但我真的只是为了让你出来才那么说的 |
[50:14] | What about the chocolate? | 那巧克力呢? |
[50:15] | – No. – And the Smarties? | – 不行 – 那聪明豆呢? |
[50:16] | Gummis, licorice, the Reese’s, the Hersheys. | 还有软糖 甘草 花生巧克力 好时巧克力 |
[50:19] | – No! – And everything else. | -不行!- 还有别的 |
[50:20] | All right, I’ll let you have all my candy. | 好吧 我把我的糖果都给你 |
[50:28] | Okay, Via. | 好的 维娅 |
[50:30] | You are next please. Let’s hear it for Via. | 现在到你了 大家欢迎维娅上台 |
[50:58] | Daisy, | 黛西 |
[51:01] | do you wanna help me take back my corner office? | 你想帮我重回我的办公室吗? |
[51:14] | Hey, Auggie! You feeling better? | 嘿 奥吉!你感觉好点了吗? |
[51:20] | Are you okay, Auggie? | 你没事么 奥吉? |
[51:24] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[51:25] | Sure? ‘Cause you’re acting really weird. | 确定吗?你好像看起来有点怪怪的 |
[51:28] | I’m okay, Jack, okay? | 我没事 杰克 明白吗? |
[51:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[51:45] | They want me to do what? | 他们让我干什么? |
[51:47] | Give a tour through the school. | 带新同学参观学校 |
[51:50] | But Mom, it’s summer vacation. | 但是妈妈 现在是暑假 |
[51:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[51:53] | But your teachers told Mr. Tushman you’re known as a good egg. | 但你的老师告诉土什曼先生说你是一个好孩子 |
[51:56] | – No, I’m a bad egg. – You’re a good egg. | – 不 我不是好孩子 – 你是个好孩子 |
[51:59] | And I’m actually really proud they thought of you for this. | 他们愿意找你 我真的很骄傲 |
[52:02] | Mom, enough with the guilt. | 妈 别给我压力了 |
[52:05] | And you know they gave you a scholarship, right? | 他们给了你奖学金 对吧? |
[52:07] | Mom… | 妈… |
[52:12] | Who else is doing it? | 还有谁要去? |
[52:13] | Uh, Charlotte and Julian. | 夏洛特和朱利安 |
[52:16] | – No. – Why, what’s wrong? | – 不要 – 为什么 怎么了? |
[52:18] | Charlotte will just talk about Broadway the whole time. | 夏洛特会不停地说百老汇的事 |
[52:21] | And Julian is the biggest phony on the planet. | 朱利安是全世界最虚伪的人 |
[52:24] | So I’m sorry, but no. | 所以很抱歉 我不去 |
[52:32] | Jack, it’s for that boy. | 杰克 这是为了那个那男孩儿 |
[52:34] | Who? | 哪个? |
[52:35] | The one from the ice cream shop. | 冰淇淋店见过的那个 |
[52:41] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[52:42] | So if a nice kid like your little brother cries when he sees him, | 你想想 你弟弟那么懂事 都被他吓哭了 |
[52:46] | what kind of a chance do you think he has in middle school? | 你觉得他在中学里会是什么样? |
[52:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:57] | Thank you, kiddo. | 谢谢你 孩子 |
[53:05] | Four things I’ve learned about Auggie Pullman. | 关于奥吉·普尔曼我知道四件事 |
[53:08] | First of all, you do get used to his face. | 第一 你会习惯他的长相的 |
[53:12] | Now, it’s not like regular ice. | 干冰不是普通的冰 |
[53:14] | You can’t touch it with your hands, okay? | 不能用手直接触摸 知道吗? |
[53:16] | Second, he’s really smart. | 第二 他真的很聪明 |
[53:19] | He’s ahead of me in everything. | 他所有地方都比我强 |
[53:22] | In science, he’s ahead of the whole school. | 他的科学知识是全校最厉害的 |
[53:25] | Everybody watching? | 大家都在看吗? |
[53:29] | Third of all, he’s actually pretty funny. | 第三 他其实挺好玩儿的 |
[53:34] | But fourthly, now that I know him, | 但是第四 现在我了解他了 |
[53:37] | I would say I actually do wanna be friends with Auggie. | 我真的想和奥吉做朋友 |
[53:40] | At first, I admit it, | 首先 我承认 |
[53:42] | I was only friendly to him because my mom asked me to be nice. | 我之前对他很友好 只是因为我妈妈要我这样做 |
[53:47] | But now I would choose to hang out with him. | 但现在是我自己想跟他玩了 |
[53:51] | Like, he’s a good friend. | 他是个好朋友 |
[53:53] | Like if all the guys in fifth grade were lined up against a wall | 就好像如果所有五年级的同学都靠墙排成一队 |
[53:57] | and I could choose anyone I wanted to hang out with, I would choose Auggie. | 让我选一个人一起出去玩的话 我会选择奥吉 |
[54:04] | Hey, what’s wrong? | 嘿 怎么了? |
[54:06] | Go away. | 走开 |
[54:08] | Oh, hey, Jack, come sit with us. | 嘿 杰克 过来坐 |
[54:10] | Yeah, come on, man. | 是啊 来吧 兄弟 |
[54:16] | I wonder what happened. | 到底出什么事了 |
[54:18] | Maybe Jack touched Auggie | 也许杰克碰到了奥吉 |
[54:19] | and couldn’t wash his hands in time. | 没来得及洗手 |
[54:20] | Jack finally got “the plague.” | 结果染上了“瘟疫” |
[54:22] | That’s not very nice. | 这么说可不太好 |
[54:24] | What? We didn’t start it. | 怎么了?又不是我们先这么说的 |
[54:26] | Where you going? | 你去哪儿? |
[54:34] | Hi. I’m Summer. | 嗨 我叫莎莫 |
[54:37] | I know. We’re in the same homeroom. | 我知道 我们是一个班的 |
[54:40] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不用这么做 |
[54:42] | Do what? | 做什么? |
[54:44] | You don’t have to be my friend. | 你不必非要和我交朋友 |
[54:46] | I know Tushman talked to you. | 我知道土什曼跟你谈过 |
[54:48] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, Auggie. | 我不明白你的意思 奥吉 |
[54:50] | I know Tushman talked to some kids before school started | 我知道土什曼开学前和一些孩子谈过话 |
[54:53] | and told them they had to be friends with me. | 让他们和我交朋友 |
[54:55] | He didn’t talk to me. | 他没有找过我 |
[54:56] | Yeah, he did. | 他找过 |
[54:58] | No, he did not. | 他没找过 |
[54:59] | Yeah, he did. | 他找过 |
[55:00] | No, he didn’t, I swear on my life! | 不 他没找过 我发誓! |
[55:02] | Okay, okay. You don’t have to get mad. | 好吧 好吧 你别生气好吗 |
[55:05] | I don’t like being accused of things, okay? | 我不喜欢被人冤枉 知道吗? |
[55:08] | Okay. I’m sorry. | 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[55:10] | You should be. | 你是该抱歉 |
[55:13] | – He really didn’t talk to you? – Auggie! | – 他真的没找你谈话吗? – 奥吉! |
[55:15] | Okay, I just… Why are you sitting here then? | 好吧 只是…那你为什么坐过来? |
[55:20] | Because I want some nice friends for a change. | 因为我想交些好的朋友 |
[55:23] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[55:25] | Cool beans. | 太好了 |
[55:27] | But you’ll get “the plague.” | 但是你会得“瘟疫”的 |
[55:29] | Good. | 挺好的 |
[55:34] | Summer has “the plague.” | 莎莫得“瘟疫”了 |
[55:36] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[55:40] | So what happened with Jack Will? | 那么你和杰克·威尔怎么了? |
[55:43] | Promise you won’t tell? | 你保证不会说出去吗? |
[55:49] | I got it! I got the part! | 我做到了!我拿到这个角色了! |
[55:50] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜了 – 谢谢你 |
[55:55] | She got it! She got the part! Oh, my God! Bet she got Emily. | 她拿到了!她拿到那个角色了!我的天!估计是拿到艾米丽这个角色 |
[55:59] | Yep. | 是 |
[56:01] | What’d you get? | 你的是什么? |
[56:03] | Emily’s understudy. | 艾米丽的替补 |
[56:06] | I’m not saying poison or anything, but just a little Benadryl | 我不是说毒药或什么的 但只要一点点苯海拉明 |
[56:10] | to knock Miranda out before the show. | 就能让米兰达上不了台 |
[56:12] | Okay, enough. | 好了 够了 |
[56:14] | Look, just learn her lines and it’ll give us an excuse to hang out more. | 听着 好好准备台词 这样我们就能多见面了 |
[56:18] | We can start rehearsing the kissing scene on page 110. | 可以从第110页的亲吻镜头开始排练 |
[56:23] | Wait. George and Emily? | 等下 乔治和艾米丽? |
[56:30] | There is no page 110. | 没有第110页啊 |
[56:34] | So I’m thinking, I really wanna kiss you right now. | 所以我在想 我真的很想现在吻你 |
[56:39] | But I don’t know how you’ll respond. | 但我不知道你怎么想 |
[56:59] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[57:04] | I’m not an only child. | 我不是独生女 |
[57:10] | Mom? | 妈? |
[57:11] | One sec, Via. Auggie, let’s go! | 等一下 维娅 奥吉 我们走吧! |
[57:18] | I thought you were at the library. | 我还以为你在图书馆 |
[57:21] | Er, um… | 啊 … |
[57:22] | Yeah, change of plans. | 是啊 计划变了 |
[57:26] | Hi, I’m Justin. | 嗨 我是贾斯汀 |
[57:27] | I’m Isabel. | 我是伊莎贝尔 |
[57:30] | Daisy threw up again. Bucket loads. | 黛西又吐了 吐了好多 |
[57:35] | Bucket loads. | 吐了好多 |
[57:38] | Um, Justin, this is my little brother Auggie. | 贾斯汀 这是我的弟弟奥吉 |
[57:43] | – Hey, dude! – Hey. | – 嘿 小家伙!- 嘿 |
[57:45] | What’s that in your case? A machine gun? | 你的箱子里装着什么?机枪吗? |
[57:51] | Er, no. It’s a fiddle. | 不 是把小提琴 |
[57:54] | You should tell people it’s a machine gun. | 你应该告诉人们这是机枪 |
[57:55] | That’s way cooler. | 那样听起来更酷 |
[57:58] | You know what? | 还真是 |
[58:00] | That’s a great idea, you’re right. | 这是个好主意 你说得对 |
[58:02] | We’re on our way to the grocery. | 我们去趟杂货店 |
[58:03] | Mom’s making… What’s it called? | 妈妈正在做…叫什么来着? |
[58:04] | Feijoada. | 巴西八宝饭 |
[58:05] | Feij… Mom’s making feijoada. | 妈妈要做巴西八宝饭 |
[58:07] | It’s Dad’s favorite. | 那是他爸爸最爱吃的 |
[58:08] | You’re welcome to stay if you want, Justin. | 你想呆就呆一会儿吧 贾斯汀 |
[58:10] | Oh, thank you very much. It was nice meeting you. | 太感谢了 很高兴见到你 |
[58:12] | Nice to meet you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[58:20] | Bye, Auggie. | 再见 奥吉 |
[58:21] | Nothing to see here. | 这儿没什么好看的 |
[58:29] | It’s a gene. Well, it’s sort of two genes, | 基因问题 是两种基因 |
[58:32] | but two genes that are identical. | 完全相同的基因 |
[58:33] | And the trouble is that both of my parents | 但问题是我的父母 |
[58:35] | carry the gene at the same time, which is… | 同时携带了这种基因 这样就… |
[58:38] | Well essentially, he won the lottery. | 可以理解为 他中奖了 |
[58:41] | Backwards or something. | 坏事落到他的头上了 |
[58:43] | And in another world, I’d look like him. | 换个角度来说 我可能也会中 |
[58:53] | I’m sorry for telling you that I was an only child. | 我很抱歉我撒谎说我是独生子女 |
[58:57] | Sometimes it’s nice to hide a little. | 有时候其实隐瞒点也没关系 |
[59:01] | I get it. It’s okay. | 我能理解 没关系 |
[59:38] | Hello? | 你好? |
[59:39] | Major Tom, is that you? | 汤姆上校 是你吗? |
[59:41] | Miranda! | 米兰达! |
[59:42] | It’s so great to hear your voice again. | 听到你的声音真是太好了 |
[59:45] | Sorry, Via’s not here. | 我很抱歉 维娅现在不在家 |
[59:47] | I was actually calling to say hello to you. | 我其实是想打电话跟你打个招呼的 |
[59:50] | How have you been? | 你过得怎么样? |
[59:51] | Good. Did you know I’m going to a regular school now? | 还行 你知道我现在已经上学了吗? |
[59:54] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[59:55] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢学校吗? |
[59:57] | Yeah, I guess. | 还行吧 |
[59:59] | It’s not as hard as Mom’s home school. | 学校的功课比妈妈教的简单一些 |
[1:00:01] | Yeah, I’ll bet. | 是啊 可不嘛 |
[1:00:04] | How are the kids? Are they nice? | 学校里的孩子怎么样?他们对你好吗? |
[1:00:06] | No. But I made one friend. | 不好 但我交了一个朋友 |
[1:00:09] | Her name’s Summer. | 她叫莎莫 |
[1:00:10] | We started a summer names club. | 我们两个人名字都和夏天有联系 |
[1:00:12] | Summer, August. Get it? | 莎莫 奥古斯特 明白了么 |
[1:00:15] | Good for you, Auggie. | 真是太好了 奥吉 |
[1:00:19] | Um, where’s Via, anyway? | 你姐姐维娅在吗? |
[1:00:22] | She’s out with her boyfriend. | 她和男朋友出去了 |
[1:00:24] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[1:00:26] | Yeah. We met him last week. He’s super nice. | 是啊 上星期我见过他 他可好了 |
[1:00:34] | I’ve missed you, Major Tom. | 我很想你 汤姆船长(宇宙飞船船长 这里用来指奥吉) |
[1:00:37] | I miss you too, Miranda. | 我也很想你 米兰达 |
[1:00:41] | And can you tell Via that I’ve missed her, too? | 奥吉 能帮我告诉你姐姐 我也很想她吗? |
[1:00:44] | Well, but why don’t you just tell her yourself? | 你为什么不自己告诉我姐姐啊 |
[1:00:49] | Listen, I gotta go, my mom’s calling me, but, um, | 我得挂电话了 妈妈正在喊我 还有 |
[1:00:53] | you know that you can call me any time, right? | 你随时都可以随时给我打电话 |
[1:00:56] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:00:59] | Okay, so call me any time. | 好的 随时联系我 |
[1:01:01] | I will. | 好的 |
[1:01:02] | Merry Christmas, Auggie. | 圣诞快乐 奥吉 |
[1:01:05] | Merry Christmas, Miranda. | 圣诞快乐 米兰达 |
[1:01:30] | – Get after it. – Open it. Rip it apart. | – 拆礼物吧 – 撕开包装 |
[1:01:32] | Via and I have been best friends since kindergarten. | 我和维娅从幼儿园起就是好朋友了 |
[1:01:35] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 是宇航员头盔! |
[1:01:37] | Her family’s always been like my second family. | 她的家就像我的第二个家 |
[1:01:40] | Auggie’s always felt like my little brother. | 奥吉就像我的亲弟弟 |
[1:01:42] | How does it feel? | 感觉怎么样? |
[1:01:44] | – Awesome. – Good. | – 太棒了 – 不错 |
[1:01:46] | And for a few years even our family’s spent Christmas together. | 我们有几年还一起过了圣诞节 |
[1:01:50] | Everybody say “Merry Christmas”! | 大家说“圣诞快乐”! |
[1:01:52] | Merry Christmas! | 圣诞快乐! |
[1:01:56] | But now my dad’s busy with his new wife. | 我爸爸现在和新妻子生活 |
[1:01:59] | Who was his old boss. | 爸爸的新妻子是他以前的老板 |
[1:02:03] | And my mom, well, she’s busy not getting over that. | 我妈妈忙着借酒消愁 |
[1:02:11] | I got a job at a summer camp. | 我在夏令营找到一份工作 |
[1:02:13] | Just so I’d have somewhere to go that wasn’t home. | 这样即使不回家我也有地方去 |
[1:02:18] | One day, and I swear I didn’t plan this, but… | 有一天 我发誓我真的不是故意的 但是… |
[1:02:22] | I started playing this little make believe game with the girls in the camp. | 我对我夏令营的女孩们编起了自己的身世 |
[1:02:29] | I said I lived in a huge brownstone. | 我住在一个大的褐色砂石房子里 |
[1:02:32] | On a nice street. | 房子坐落在一个环境优雅的街道上 |
[1:02:34] | With my two awesome parents. | 和我最爱的父母住在一起 |
[1:02:37] | And my awesome dog named Daisy. | 还有一只叫黛西的狗 |
[1:02:40] | And my awesome little brother with a facial deformity. | 我可爱的弟弟 面部有些畸形 |
[1:02:47] | And, oh, my God, everyone went crazy. | 我的天 大家都对我感兴趣了 |
[1:02:50] | “What do you mean, ‘deformity’? | 什么叫脸部畸形? |
[1:02:52] | “What does he look like?” | 他长什么样子? |
[1:02:55] | Suddenly, everyone wanted to talk to me. | 突然间 所有人都来找我说话 |
[1:02:57] | And by the end of summer, I was the most popular girl in camp. | 夏令营结束时 我成了最受欢迎的女孩 |
[1:03:03] | When I got home, I wanted to call Via. | 当我回到家中 我想打给维娅 |
[1:03:06] | But she would’ve asked me about my parents and about camp. | 但是她可能会问我 父母的情况以及在夏令营过的怎么样 |
[1:03:12] | And then I saw Via audition for the play. | 后来我看到维娅试镜这部话剧 |
[1:03:15] | And I remembered how cool she is. | 才想起来她多有魅力 |
[1:03:18] | And how I understood why everyone in camp | 现在我终于明白了 |
[1:03:21] | loved me more when I pretended to be her. | 为什么我假装成维娅的时候 我在夏令营才更受欢迎 |
[1:03:25] | She used to let Auggie hang out with us all the time. | 她以前总带着奥吉和我们一起出去玩 |
[1:03:30] | I was the one who bought him his astronaut helmet. | 他的宇航员头盔还是我买的 |
[1:03:34] | He was so into outer space. | 他特别喜欢太空 |
[1:03:37] | And I wanted him to know that the world was bigger than his room. | 以前我想告诉他房间外面的世界更精彩 |
[1:03:43] | And now he’s out there. And I didn’t even know. | 现在他走出了房门 而我却不知道 |
[1:03:49] | I could’ve helped him. Maybe he could’ve helped me. | 我本来能帮他 或许他也可以帮助我 |
[1:03:55] | I don’t know. | 谁知道呢 |
[1:03:58] | But I could sure use some help right now. | 不过我现在真的希望有人帮帮我 |
[1:04:34] | That was awesome! | 太爽了! |
[1:04:38] | Hey, look, there’s Jack Will. | 看 是杰克·威尔 |
[1:04:44] | Let’s find another hill. | 我们再找个雪坡吧 |
[1:04:47] | You can’t just keep avoiding him forever, Auggie. | 奥吉 你不可能永远都躲着他 |
[1:04:49] | Come on, let’s go! | 快点 我们走吧! |
[1:05:13] | 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. | (新年倒计时) |
[1:05:19] | 3. 2. 1. Happy New Year! | 新年快乐! |
[1:05:25] | – Happy New Year! – Happy New Year! | 新年快乐!新年快乐! |
[1:05:53] | Thanks for the help, Daisy. Way to put your back into it. | 谢谢黛西的帮忙 真是辛苦你了 |
[1:06:05] | What about you? | 那你呢? |
[1:06:07] | Christmas was awesome. We drove up into the mountains | 圣诞节最棒了 我们开车到山里 |
[1:06:10] | where they had the most amazing snow I’ve ever seen. | 从没见过那么美的大雪 |
[1:06:12] | – It was like powder. – Nice. | – 那里的雪就像粉末一样 真不错! |
[1:06:14] | What about you, Jack? | 你呢 杰克? |
[1:06:15] | I went up Skeleton Hill. It was the best. | 我去了骷髅山那儿真的很棒 |
[1:06:18] | Skeleton Hill? | 骷髅山? |
[1:06:19] | I hate that place! | 我不喜欢那个地方! |
[1:06:20] | Should be called Garbage Hill. | 那个地方应该叫做垃圾山 |
[1:06:22] | I know, right? I left my old lightning sled up there last time I was up. | 我上次去的时候 我把旧雪橇扔在那里了 |
[1:06:26] | It was the crappiest piece o’ junk. | 破的不能再破了 |
[1:06:28] | Went back the next day and someone had taken it. | 我第二天再去那里的时候 竟然不见了 |
[1:06:30] | Hey, maybe a homeless guy wanted to go sledding. | 可能是流浪汉想用它滑雪吧 |
[1:06:32] | Yeah. | 对 对 对 |
[1:06:34] | New precept. | 新的箴言 |
[1:06:36] | Your deeds are your monuments. | 一个人的善举将万古流芳 |
[1:06:38] | Archaeologists found these words inscribed | 考古学家在古埃及坟墓的墙壁上 |
[1:06:40] | on the walls of an ancient Egyptian tomb. | 发现了这句话 |
[1:06:42] | Can anybody tell me what they mean? | 现在有谁知道这句话的意思么? |
[1:06:46] | Summer? | 莎莫? |
[1:06:51] | I think it means that the things we do | 我认为这句话的意思是 |
[1:06:54] | are the things that matter most. | 我们的所作所为是很重要的 |
[1:06:56] | Excellent. Anybody else? | 很好 还有谁要回答的? |
[1:07:01] | Hey, Summer. | 莎莫 等一下 |
[1:07:04] | Hey. You okay? | 有事吗? |
[1:07:07] | Yeah. Fine. Just… | 恩…那个… |
[1:07:10] | This is gonna sound stupid, but… | 你可能会觉得我说的话有点傻 但是… |
[1:07:14] | do you know why Auggie stopped liking me? | 你知道为什么奥吉不理我了吗? |
[1:07:17] | You should ask him. | 你应该自己去问他 |
[1:07:19] | I have, but ever since Halloween, he just won’t talk to me. | 我想问他 但是自从万圣节以后 他就不理我了 |
[1:07:24] | I mean… You know what? I don’t care. Sorry. | 我想… 算了 我不问了 对不起打扰了 |
[1:07:27] | Ghostface. | 鬼脸 |
[1:07:31] | Wait, wait, what? | 等等 什么? |
[1:07:32] | That’s all I can tell you. | 我只能告诉你这么多了 |
[1:07:39] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[1:07:40] | Now that we’ve finished our tests, | 测验已经结束了 |
[1:07:42] | I want you all to start thinking about | 该来计划下我们 |
[1:07:44] | our fifth grade science fair projects. | 五年级的科学竞赛项目内容了 |
[1:07:46] | Which you will need to work on to have ready after spring break. | 春假之后就要开始着手准备了 |
[1:07:50] | Okay? Now it could be about anything. | 明白了吗 主题不限 |
[1:08:07] | The point is to create something you’re excited about. | 重点是你们喜欢自己的作品 |
[1:08:11] | Something you’re proud to show. | 乐意展现自己的作品 |
[1:08:13] | Mr. Will? | 威尔同学? |
[1:08:18] | Something more important to think about? | 你在想什么比老师说的更重要的事么? |
[1:08:20] | No. | 没有 |
[1:08:21] | So, it’ll be teams of two. | 现在 两位同学组成一组 |
[1:08:24] | Your partner will be your tablemate. | 你们要和同桌合作 |
[1:08:27] | Uh, Ms. Petosa? | 佩托沙老师 |
[1:08:29] | I know we’re supposed to be in pairs, | 我知道我们应该是两人一组 |
[1:08:30] | but Jack, Amos and I had this science fair project idea | 但是杰克 阿莫斯和我早就想好了一个科学竞赛项目 |
[1:08:33] | that we wanted to work on together. | 我们想三个人一起做 |
[1:08:34] | Okay, maybe we can switch. | 好的 我想你们可以调整… |
[1:08:36] | Uh, no. | 不用了 |
[1:08:37] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[1:08:38] | What? | 怎么了? |
[1:08:39] | No, um, it’s okay. I’ll stay with who I’ve got. | 不了 我就和我的同桌一组吧 |
[1:08:45] | I’ll stick with Auggie. | 我就和奥吉一个组 |
[1:08:51] | Hey! What did you do that for? | 杰克 为什么要那么做? |
[1:08:53] | Dude, I don’t want to switch. | 我不想换 |
[1:08:55] | Why not? Do you really wanna be partners with that freak? | 为什么不换?难道你真想和那个怪物一组么? |
[1:09:07] | Dear Mr. Tushman, I’m very sorry for punching Julian. | 土什曼先生 我很抱歉打了朱利安 |
[1:09:12] | It was wrong of me to do that. | 这样做是不对的 |
[1:09:14] | I know you may need to expel me, | 我知道你可能会开除我 |
[1:09:16] | but I’d still rather not say why I did what I did. | 但是我不想解释我为什么动手 |
[1:09:22] | It might get Julian in trouble, too, | 那样可能会让朱利安陷入麻烦 |
[1:09:24] | – and that’s not fair. – Stop! | – 那对他不公平 – 不要打了! |
[1:09:26] | Sincerely, Jack Will. | 杰克·威尔 |
[1:09:30] | Dear Mr. Will, one thing I’ve learned in 20 years in education | 亲爱的 威尔同学 我二十年的教育生涯让我明白 |
[1:09:37] | is that there are two sides to every story. | 每件事都有两面性 |
[1:09:40] | So I think I can imagine what started the fight. | 其实我能想到你们俩打架的原因 |
[1:09:45] | While nothing justifies striking another student | 虽然殴打同学的行为不能接受 |
[1:09:50] | I know good friends are worth defending. | 但是我知道友情是值得捍卫的 |
[1:09:53] | So, after your 2-day suspension | 所以 在你停课两天后 |
[1:09:57] | your scholarship will be waiting for you. | 你依然可以获得你的奖学金 |
[1:10:01] | Just keep up the good work. | 要继续努力 天天向上 |
[1:10:03] | And keep being the fine boy we all know you to be. | 努力做个好孩子 我们都知道你会成为一个好孩子 |
[1:10:06] | Sincerely, Mr. Tushman. | 土什曼 |
[1:10:14] | What’s so wrong with me not telling you about a stupid play? | 这部话剧没什么大不了的 我没告诉你们有什么错? |
[1:10:17] | I’m not even in it. I’m just doing the lights. | 我都不上台表演 我只是控制灯光 |
[1:10:19] | Well your boyfriend is in it. | 你的男朋友会演 |
[1:10:20] | And don’t you think we would like to see him? | 你不觉得我们会想去看看你的男朋友吗? |
[1:10:22] | No, I don’t! | 不是的! |
[1:10:23] | Look, let’s all calm down for a second. | 大家 都冷静一下 |
[1:10:25] | You know, you’ve been really good | 妈妈你知道 我长这么大 |
[1:10:26] | at leaving me alone my whole life. | 你都没有管我 真的挺好的 |
[1:10:29] | So why are you suddenly so interested, huh? | 所以为什么你突然间就关心起我的生活了呢? |
[1:10:31] | Are you bored now that Auggie’s in school? | 奥吉去上学了 你现在没事可干了吗? |
[1:10:33] | Your thesis not going well? | 还是你的论文写的不顺利吗? |
[1:10:35] | Nate, could you please excuse us? | 内特 你能回避一下吗? |
[1:10:37] | – Izzy, she doesn’t mean it. – Nate! | 她应该不是故意的 内特! |
[1:10:46] | What are they saying down there? | 她们在那里说什么呢? |
[1:10:47] | They, my friend, are saying a lotta things. | 她们在说好多事情 |
[1:10:50] | None of which concern us. | 跟我们都没关系 |
[1:10:52] | Let’s see your new Minecraft world. | 看看你的“我的世界”游戏吧 |
[1:10:55] | ‘Cause we might be moving to it. | 我们俩可能会搬到游戏中呢 |
[1:11:08] | So, are we going to see the play? | 所以 我们会去看那个话剧吗? |
[1:11:12] | Um… | 这个… |
[1:11:13] | I hadn’t realized what the play was | 我之前并不知道话剧的内容 |
[1:11:16] | and I don’t think it will be of any interest to a kid your age. | 而且我觉得你这么小 应该不会对那种话剧感兴趣 |
[1:11:20] | Yeah, uh, you’d get totally bored. | 对啊 如果去看你会觉得很无聊的 |
[1:11:24] | Are you and Dad going? | 你和爸爸会去吗? |
[1:11:26] | Daddy’ll go. And I’m gonna stay here with you. | 爸爸会去 我和你待在家里 |
[1:11:29] | What? | 什么? |
[1:11:31] | So now you’re gonna punish me by not going? | 所以你现在跟我斗气 不去看话剧了? |
[1:11:33] | Well, you didn’t want me to go in the first place, remember? | 好吧 你一开始就不想我去的 记得吗? |
[1:11:36] | Well, now that you know about it, of course, I want you to come. | 现在你都知道了 我肯定是想你去的啊 |
[1:11:40] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么?? |
[1:11:41] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[1:11:47] | You’re lying. | 你们在撒谎 |
[1:11:48] | It’s just something to do with Via’s school, honey. | 亲爱的 只是维娅的学校一些事情 |
[1:11:51] | You just don’t want your fancy high school friends | 你不想你高中的好朋友 |
[1:11:53] | to know your brother’s a freak, huh? | 知道你的弟弟是一个怪物 对不对? |
[1:11:55] | – Auggie! – Auggie, that’s not true. | 奥吉! 奥吉! 不是那样的 |
[1:11:57] | Stop lying to me, I’m not an idiot, I know what’s going on! | 不要再骗我了 我又不傻 我知道是怎么回事儿! |
[1:12:09] | Daisy girl? | 黛西 你怎么了? |
[1:12:12] | Auggie. Come on. | 快起来 奥吉 |
[1:12:14] | It’s okay, I don’t wanna go | 没事 我不想去 |
[1:12:15] | to your stupid high school anyway. I don’t care. | 那个破学校了 我不在乎 |
[1:12:17] | Auggie, not everything in the world is about you. | 奥吉 不是所有的事情都是和你有关的 |
[1:12:22] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[1:12:38] | You’re gonna be fine, girlie. | 你会好起来的 小宝贝 |
[1:12:39] | Daddy’s gonna meet me there. Take care of your brother. | 爸爸会跟我在医院见面 照顾好你的弟弟 |
[1:12:42] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[1:12:43] | Okay. All right. | 没事的 |
[1:13:02] | Did Daisy really bite Mom? | 黛西真的咬了妈妈吗? |
[1:13:05] | Well, um, she was whimpering. | 她当时一直哼哼 |
[1:13:10] | And then Mom tried to pick her up and Daisy bit her. | 妈妈想把它抱起来 然后黛西咬了妈妈 |
[1:13:14] | Do you think the vet can fix her? | 你觉得兽医可以治好黛西吗? |
[1:13:18] | She was in a lot of pain, Auggie. | 它很难受 奥吉 |
[1:13:22] | She’s really old. | 黛西真的很老了 |
[1:13:29] | Auggie? | 奥吉? |
[1:13:32] | I want you to come to my play. Okay? | 我想你去看我的话剧 好吗? |
[1:13:36] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[1:13:39] | Really. | 真的 |
[1:14:54] | Every time I came home from the hospital, Daisy was here. | 每次我从医院回家 黛西都会在门口等我 |
[1:15:02] | She was a real friend. | 黛西是我真正的朋友 |
[1:15:05] | And real friends are hard to find. | 真正的朋友很难找的 |
[1:16:58] | Excuse me. | 抱歉让一下 |
[1:16:59] | Sorry. Thank you. | 对不起谢谢 |
[1:17:05] | – This is perfect. – Here we go. Good seats. | 太棒了 这个位置不错 |
[1:17:08] | Here. See if you can find Via’s name in there, honey. | 这里 亲爱的 看看能不能找到维娅的名字 |
[1:17:12] | Glasses. Oh, no! I think I forgot my glasses. | 眼镜!糟了 我好像忘记带眼镜了 |
[1:17:17] | Auggie, you’re missing a great episode of Hoarders, right here. | 奥吉 千万别错过囤积者电视剧 这里 |
[1:17:21] | Starring your mom’s purse. | 妈妈的手提包太精彩了 |
[1:17:26] | You ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[1:17:27] | Are you supposed to be in the girls’ dressing room? | 你不该来女更衣室吧 |
[1:17:30] | Just wanted to wish you good luck. | 就是想给你打打气 |
[1:17:31] | “Break a leg”, not “Good luck.” | 演出成功 不是 祝你好运 |
[1:17:34] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[1:17:36] | Anyone cheering you on tonight? | 今晚有人替你加油吗? |
[1:17:39] | Uh, yeah, my mom invited | 是的 我妈妈把 |
[1:17:43] | the entire block. | 街坊都请来了 |
[1:17:44] | It’s gonna be really embarrassing. | 这下真的太尴尬了 |
[1:17:46] | You? | 你呢? |
[1:17:49] | Uh, my dad is on his belated honeymoon. | 我爸爸正在度蜜月 |
[1:17:52] | And my mom’s in a funk. | 我妈妈有些焦虑 |
[1:17:54] | But maybe she’ll come tomorrow. | 所以她明天可能会来吧 |
[1:17:59] | Well, um, Via’s family will cheer you on. | 没事的 维娅的家人会为你加油的 |
[1:18:03] | You’ll be great tonight. | 今晚你会表演的很好的 |
[1:18:16] | Honey, just enjoy the play. | 亲爱的 好好的看表演就可以了 |
[1:18:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:18:23] | All right, go get ’em. | 好 去找他们吧 |
[1:18:26] | – Mr. Davenport… – Hmm. | 达文波特老师… |
[1:18:27] | I’m really sorry, but I can’t go on tonight. | 我很抱歉 但是我今晚不能演了 |
[1:18:29] | I don’t feel well. I think I might throw up. | 我有点难受 可能要吐了 |
[1:18:31] | Okay, everybody gets nervous. | 没事的 谁都会紧张的 |
[1:18:32] | You know, when I did my Hamlet, | 你知道 当我演哈姆雷特时 |
[1:18:33] | I threw up every night. You’re gonna be fine. | 我每晚都会呕吐 你会好起来的 |
[1:18:35] | Just do it. You’ll have all of spring break to recover. | 上台去演吧 等你放春假 有的是时间休息 |
[1:18:37] | Mr. Davenport, you’re not listening. I’m not going on. | 达文波特先生 你不理解我的意思 我不演了 |
[1:18:44] | Are you kidding me? | 你在和我开玩笑吗? |
[1:18:45] | I’m really sorry, but Via knows all the lines. She can do it. | 我很抱歉 但是台词维娅都会背 她可以表演的 |
[1:18:50] | Then go find her then. | 好吧 那赶紧去找她 |
[1:18:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:57] | Hi. | 放松 |
[1:19:10] | This play is called Our Town. | 这个话剧叫我们的小镇 |
[1:19:13] | It was written by Thornton Wilder. | 作者是桑顿·怀尔德 |
[1:19:16] | The name of our town is Grover’s Corners, New Hampshire. | 我们镇 格罗威尔 新罕布什尔州 |
[1:19:21] | Just across the Massachusetts line. | 正好位于马萨诸塞州线的边界上 |
[1:19:23] | Is this… Is this really happening? | 这…这真的发生了吗? |
[1:19:25] | Yes, you’re going on as Emily. Only you don’t have much time. | 是的 你要演艾米丽了 马上就要上场了 |
[1:19:27] | Well, I don’t even know if I’m gonna remember all of my lines. | 我都不知道有没有记住所有台词 |
[1:19:30] | You’ll be great. Justin’ll help you through it. | 没问题的 贾斯汀会帮助你的 |
[1:19:32] | Where is she? | 她在哪里? |
[1:19:33] | Via, you’re on in two minutes. | 维娅 两分钟后你就要上台了 |
[1:19:35] | Why, why are you doing this? | 为什么 为什么你要这样做? |
[1:19:37] | I told you. I feel sick. | 我跟你说过了 我不舒服 |
[1:19:41] | We’ve got a factory in our town, too. You hear it? | 在我们的小镇上有一座工厂 你听得见么? |
[1:19:46] | Hey, it’s okay. Hey, break a leg. | 没事的 祝你演出成功 |
[1:19:49] | Makes blankets. Cartwrights own it and it brung ’em a fortune. | 做毛毯的 卡特莱特一家开的 赚了很多钱 |
[1:19:57] | Children, now I won’t have it. | 孩子们 我看不下去了 |
[1:19:59] | Breakfast is just as good as any other meal. | 早餐和其他餐一样重要 |
[1:20:01] | And I won’t have you gobbling like wolves. | 不能这么狼吞虎咽的 |
[1:20:03] | It’ll stunt your growth. That’s a fact. | 你会长不高的 我是说真的 |
[1:20:05] | Miranda looks so different. | 你看米兰达真是大变样了 |
[1:20:07] | That’s not Miranda, it’s Via. | 那不是米兰达 是维娅 |
[1:20:10] | – What? – It’s Via. | 什么?维娅 |
[1:20:13] | Oh, great. | 太棒了 |
[1:20:15] | As for me, I’d rather have my children healthy than bright. | 要我说 我宁愿我孩子都健健康康的而不是有多大的成就 |
[1:20:19] | I’m both, Mama, you know I am. | 妈妈 这两点我都能做到 |
[1:20:22] | I’m the brightest girl in school for my age. | 我是我们年纪最聪明的孩子 |
[1:20:25] | I have a wonderful memory. | 我的记性很棒 |
[1:20:27] | Eat your breakfast. | 先吃早餐吧 |
[1:20:36] | Hmm. Your stomach flu got better fast. | 看起来你的胃好转的很快 |
[1:20:40] | Sorry, sir, just jitters. | 对不起 我只是有点紧张 |
[1:20:41] | I’ll be ready by tomorrow night. | 我明天晚上会准备好的 |
[1:20:44] | She’s doing very well. | 她演得真不错 |
[1:20:52] | I can’t. I can’t go on. | 我不能 我不能继续 |
[1:20:59] | It goes so fast. | 生命流逝的太快了 |
[1:21:02] | We don’t even have time to look at one another. | 我们甚至都没有时间来看看彼此 |
[1:21:05] | I didn’t realize. | 以前我没想到 |
[1:21:07] | So all that was going on and we never noticed? | 这么多事发生 我们却从未注意到 |
[1:21:12] | Take me back. Up the hill. To my grave. | 把我带回去 带上山 回到到我的坟墓 |
[1:21:18] | But first, wait, one more look. | 首先 等一下 我再看一眼 |
[1:21:26] | Goodbye. Goodbye, world. | 再见了 世界 |
[1:21:32] | Goodbye, Grover’s Corners. | 再见了 格罗威尔 |
[1:21:36] | Mama. | 再见了妈妈 |
[1:21:38] | And Papa. | 再见了爸爸 |
[1:21:41] | Goodbye to clocks ticking. | 再见了 滴答作响的时钟 |
[1:21:45] | And food. And coffee. | 再见了食物 再见了咖啡 |
[1:21:51] | And hot baths. And sleeping. | 再见了热水澡 再见了睡眠 |
[1:21:57] | And waking up. | 再见了苏醒 |
[1:22:03] | Oh, Earth… | 再见了地球… |
[1:22:06] | You’re too wonderful for anybody to realize you. | 你是那么精彩 令人捉摸不透 |
[1:22:15] | Blow out the candles. Ready? Take a big breath. | 吹灭蜡烛准备 深呼吸 |
[1:22:21] | Ha! We did it. Did you make a wish? | 吹灭了 你许愿了吗? |
[1:22:24] | I wished for a brother. | 我希望要一个弟弟 |
[1:22:26] | You did? | 是吗 |
[1:22:31] | Happy birthday, honey. | 生日快乐 亲爱的 |
[1:23:20] | Via! | 维娅! |
[1:23:21] | Oh, my God! | 太棒了! |
[1:23:23] | That was incredible! | 真是太精彩了! |
[1:23:25] | – It was just a play. – It wasn’t “just” anything. | – 那只是舞台剧而已 – 咱们能说是”而已”呢 |
[1:23:26] | – You were amazing! – You were great, Via! | – 你们太棒了! – 维娅 你真的太棒了 |
[1:23:28] | Amazing! | 太厉害了! |
[1:23:29] | Oh, Auggie. | 奥吉 |
[1:23:54] | And then there was the nurse… | 后来护士来了… |
[1:23:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:23:57] | …who farted, and I don’t use that word a lot, about 100 times. | 那个放了很多个屁的护士 不好意思我平时不用这个字眼的 |
[1:24:00] | Honey, that was you. | 亲爱的 放屁的是你 |
[1:24:02] | To put it delicately. | 我说的很委婉吧 |
[1:24:04] | I don’t know how else to say it. | 这话不知道该怎么说 |
[1:24:05] | It’s not true. | 绝对不是真的 |
[1:24:06] | – Busted now! – No, it’s not… | – 露馅了吧! – 不 不是… |
[1:24:08] | Anyone? Raise your hand | 有谁想换话题就举手吧 |
[1:24:10] | if you wanna change the subject and save us from this story. | 别再讲这个故事了 |
[1:24:12] | All right, I will. I will. Um, what is that? | 好吧 我来 我来 嗯 那是什么? |
[1:24:16] | Oh that is Jack and Auggie’s science fair project. | 那是杰克和奥吉和的科学竞赛项目 |
[1:24:20] | Not to be confused with an eyesore | 别以为它就是个 |
[1:24:22] | in the middle of the room. | 客厅中央毁坏市容的东西 |
[1:24:23] | No, but what is it? | 不会的 但是到底是什么啊? |
[1:24:25] | Well, I don’t know. I guess it’s like a… Yeah. | 嗯 我不知道 我想应该是个… 嗯 |
[1:24:28] | Follow me, you’ll see. | 跟我来吧 你就懂了 |
[1:24:29] | Oh, okay. | 好啊 |
[1:24:30] | Come on! | 快来! |
[1:24:32] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:24:33] | – Sweet. – What? | – 好美啊 – 什么啊? |
[1:24:35] | Are you kidding me? I cannot believe you just did that. | 你在开玩笑吗? 你竟敢那样说我 简直难以置信 |
[1:24:39] | Go, go, go. Okay. But just no kissing. | 快 快 快 但是不许亲亲啊 |
[1:24:42] | Seen a lotta horror movies end this way. | 很多恐怖电影的结局都是这样 |
[1:24:45] | We’re gonna open the apertures in 3, 2, 1. | 马上要开启光圈了 3 2 1 |
[1:24:53] | It’s a camera obscura. | 啊 这是个暗箱 |
[1:24:56] | Yeah. He’s ten. | 你猜对了 他才10岁 |
[1:25:00] | Oh, my God, that was so cool. | 天啊 真是太酷了 |
[1:25:02] | Cinema history come to life. | 感觉就像老式电影一样 |
[1:25:04] | All right, people, single file. | 注意了 所有人 排好一队 |
[1:25:07] | Step right up for an amazing camera obscura. | 快过来欣赏神奇的暗箱展示 |
[1:25:11] | Step right up to witness Earth’s greatest mystery, the volcano. | 快来看看地球最神秘的火山吧 |
[1:25:14] | Okay, we’re gonna open the apertures in… | 准备好 马上要打开光圈了… |
[1:25:21] | – Whoa! – That’s awesome! | 那真是厉害了! |
[1:25:32] | Jack and Auggie. | 杰克和奥吉 |
[1:25:38] | Dude! | 兄弟! |
[1:25:42] | – See, you have to go… – No, I did. | – 你看 你需要打开… – 我知道 我弄了 |
[1:26:08] | Okay, now I’ll go. | 好吧 轮到我了 |
[1:26:26] | Let’s go, let’s go. | 快点 快点 |
[1:26:29] | Everybody get in here. | 大家都快进来 |
[1:26:30] | Find your seats. | 坐到座位上 |
[1:26:32] | We good today? It’s gonna be a good one, guys. | 你们今天都还好吗 这句话特别好 各位 |
[1:26:35] | All right. Everybody inside. | 好啦 所有人都进来 |
[1:26:38] | Come on. New month, new precept. | 来吧 新的一个月 来个新的箴言 |
[1:26:40] | Look at him. | 哈哈 快看他 |
[1:26:42] | Hey, where’s Auggie? | 嘿 奥吉在哪呢? |
[1:26:44] | Right there. | 就在那呢 |
[1:26:47] | Hey, hey, hey. Why are we running in the hallway? | 嘿 嘿 嘿 你们在走廊里跑什么? |
[1:26:58] | Auggie, you okay? | 奥吉 你还好吗? |
[1:26:59] | Yeah. Everything’s fine. I’m late for class. | 嗯 挺好的 我快迟到了 |
[1:27:04] | Hey. Hey, hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿嘿 嘿 |
[1:27:06] | Auggie, you know if you need help you can ask for it. | 奥吉 你需要帮助的时候 就来找我 |
[1:27:08] | You’re not alone. | 你不孤独的 |
[1:27:09] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:27:18] | Amos. | 阿莫斯 |
[1:27:22] | You know something about this? | 你知道这是怎么回事吗? |
[1:27:30] | You understand? | 你明白吗? |
[1:27:32] | We take bullying very seriously at this school. | 在这个学校 我们认为霸凌是很严重的行为 |
[1:27:36] | There is zero tolerance. | 是绝对不能容忍的 |
[1:27:39] | Excuse me, can you explain what’s going on here? | 不好意思 你能解释下现在是怎么回事么 |
[1:27:44] | Wasn’t Julian the one who got punched in the mouth? | 难道不是有人往朱利安嘴上打了一拳吗? |
[1:27:46] | If there’s any bullying going on, it isn’t my son. | 如果有人受欺负的话 那也应该是我的儿子 |
[1:28:00] | You wrote that, Julian? | 朱利安 是你写的么? |
[1:28:02] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:28:03] | That one note was on the back of a class photo. | 这句话是写在班级合照后面的 |
[1:28:08] | Your son photoshopped Auggie out of it. | 你儿子把奥吉的照片修掉了 |
[1:28:14] | No. No, he didn’t. I did. | 不 不是的 他没有 是我做的 |
[1:28:18] | Of course, I didn’t think that he would bring it to school. | 不过 我没想到他竟然会把照片拿到学校来 |
[1:28:21] | But when our friends come over and they see that picture, | 我想的是 我希望我的朋友们来到我家里 看到这张照片的时候 |
[1:28:23] | I want them to ask about our son. | 关心的是我儿子 |
[1:28:24] | Not the Pullmans’. | 而不是普尔曼的儿子 |
[1:28:26] | Mrs. Albans. | 奥尔本斯太太 |
[1:28:29] | When we pressed Auggie, he showed us these other notes | 我们问了奥吉 他给我们看了这其它这些小纸条 |
[1:28:34] | that your son left in his locker and his desk. | 你的儿子把它们放在他的储物柜 课桌里 |
[1:28:41] | Chair. | 还有椅子上 |
[1:28:47] | Okay, look, if no one else is gonna | 好吧 听着 如果大家都不敢 |
[1:28:48] | have the courage to say it, then I guess I will. | 说实话 那就只能我说了 |
[1:28:52] | These kids are too young to be dealing with this sort of thing. | 这些孩子太小 处理不好这种事 |
[1:28:54] | Julian has had nightmares because of that kid. | 因为那个孩子 朱利安老做噩梦 |
[1:28:56] | – Did you know that? – Sarah. | – 你知道吗? – 沙拉 |
[1:28:58] | We had to take him to a child psychologist | 我们要带他看儿童心理医生 |
[1:29:00] | to help him deal with his night terrors. | 为了让他晚上不再做噩梦 |
[1:29:02] | It’s just a two-day suspension. | 只是停课两天而已 |
[1:29:05] | You’ll stay home from the nature preserve trip. | 自然保护区的游学活动你不能参加了 |
[1:29:07] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[1:29:08] | Two days for a couple of notes from a kid? | 小孩子写的几张纸条就要停课两天 |
[1:29:13] | After all the money that we have poured into this school? | 那我们给学校赞助的那么多钱呢 |
[1:29:16] | We have a lot of friends on the school board, Mr. Tushman. | 土什曼校长 学校董事会有很多都是我的朋友 |
[1:29:21] | Well, I have more. | 我的朋友更多 |
[1:29:23] | So what would you have us do? | 所以你想让我们怎么做呢? |
[1:29:24] | Bend over backwards for every single person in the world? | 照顾全世界每个人的感受吗 |
[1:29:28] | Nobody can get their feelings hurt ever? | 谁都不能被伤害到感情 是么? |
[1:29:31] | You are not doing these kids any favors. | 你这样做对小孩子没好处的 |
[1:29:34] | Mrs. Albans, Auggie can’t change the way he looks. | 奥尔本斯太太 奥吉改变不了他的相貌 |
[1:29:40] | So, maybe we can change the way we see. | 也许我们可以改变我们的眼光 |
[1:29:49] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[1:29:50] | I will be sure to tell that to the real world. | 你去跟这个真实残酷的世界说这些吧 |
[1:29:54] | Thank you for this. We won’t be back in the fall. | 谢谢你这番说教 明年开学我们不来了 |
[1:30:01] | Mom. I like this school. | 妈 我喜欢这个学校 |
[1:30:05] | Mom. I have friends, Dad. | 妈 我朋友都在这 爸爸 |
[1:30:08] | Let’s go, Julian. | 我们走吧 朱利安 |
[1:30:10] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[1:30:18] | Mr. Tushman. | 土什曼校长 |
[1:30:23] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[1:30:27] | I know you are, Julian. | 我知道的 朱利安 |
[1:30:45] | – He’s not even looking at us. – Oh. | 他连看都不看我们一眼 |
[1:31:17] | This is gonna be epic. Race ya! | 这次肯定很好玩儿 看谁快! |
[1:32:17] | – The sound of joy! – Ah… | 真是愉悦的声音 |
[1:32:25] | All right. I want you to close your eyes, | 好了 我想让你闭上眼睛 |
[1:32:27] | because I have a surprise for you. | 我给你准备了个惊喜 |
[1:32:30] | Do you take requests? | 我能提要求么? |
[1:32:33] | Not before 9:45. | 晚上9点45之前不行 |
[1:32:36] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:32:38] | Open your eyes. | 睁开眼吧 |
[1:32:42] | No! Are you… You finished your thesis! | 不会吧!你完… 你完成了你的论文! |
[1:32:45] | Let’s get drunk. | 我们好好喝一杯吧 |
[1:32:46] | Wait, wait, wait. Hold on. | 等等 等等 别心急 |
[1:32:50] | Wait a minute. A double surprise, surprise. | 嘿 这是什么 双重惊喜 |
[1:32:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:32:56] | – Go ahead. – Nothin’s gonna | – 快啊 – 不会跳出来 |
[1:32:58] | – jump out at me, is it? – No. | – 什么东西吧? – 不会 |
[1:33:00] | Givin’ me the eyes. | 你这眼神… |
[1:33:02] | What’s in here? I’m kind of scared… | 里面是什么啊? 我有点儿害怕了… |
[1:33:07] | Good, right? | 喜欢吧? |
[1:33:09] | I’m just gonna keep that in the box for now. | 还是先把它放在盒子里吧 |
[1:33:11] | Does that merit a kiss? Come here. | 是不是该亲我一下? 快过来 |
[1:33:15] | More than a kiss. | 多亲你一下 |
[1:33:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:33:19] | Alright, kids! Let’s give a big warm welcome to the William Heath School! | 注意了 孩子们!让我们热烈的欢迎威廉希思中学! |
[1:33:24] | The Glover Academy! And Beecher Prep! | 格洛弗学院! 比彻预科中学! |
[1:33:28] | Last chance to get popcorn! | 这是领爆米花的最后机会! |
[1:33:29] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[1:33:31] | Okay! | 好了! |
[1:33:32] | Welcome to the 23rd annual | 欢迎参加布罗德伍德自然保护区第23届 |
[1:33:35] | Big Movie Saturday in the Broarwood Nature Reserve! | 年度周六大电影活动! |
[1:33:43] | Tonight’s movie will be… | 今晚要播放的电影是… |
[1:33:45] | The Wizard of Oz! | 绿野仙踪! |
[1:33:47] | Yay! | 好! |
[1:33:51] | Hey, dude. You wanna go outside? | 嘿 兄弟 你想去外面么? |
[1:33:53] | Why? | 为什么啊? |
[1:33:54] | We can watch this movie any time. | 电影什么时候都能看 |
[1:34:14] | Aw, man, I need to pee. | 老兄 我要尿尿 |
[1:34:16] | Wanna go back? | 要回去尿么? |
[1:34:18] | Nah, I’ll just go over here. | 不要 我到这边就好了 |
[1:34:19] | Like in the subways? That’s gross. | 啊 就像在地铁里那样吗? 好恶心 |
[1:34:22] | No. This is gross. | 才不是 这才恶心 |
[1:34:33] | Look at that. | 看那里 |
[1:34:35] | What? What are you lookin’ at? | 什么?你在看什么? |
[1:34:39] | I’m going up there someday. | 总有一天我会上去的 |
[1:34:42] | Well, I’m going down here right now, so… | 好吧 我要先在这尿一泡…. |
[1:34:44] | I gotta go, too, now. | 现在 我也想嘘嘘了 |
[1:34:46] | You go there. I’ll go here. Don’t look. | 那你去那边 我在这儿 不许偷看 |
[1:34:51] | What do we got here? | 看啊 我们找到什么了 |
[1:34:52] | Couple of losers stinkin’ up the woods. | 树林里竟然有俩小屁孩儿 |
[1:34:56] | Holy crap! Look at his face! | 我的天啊!看看他的脸! |
[1:34:59] | He’s a freak! | 他是个怪胎 |
[1:35:01] | Jesus, I’ve never seen anything that ugly in my life. | 天啊 我这辈子从来没见过这么丑的东西 |
[1:35:03] | Maybe it’s an orc. | 可能他是个半兽人 |
[1:35:04] | – Dude, let’s go. – Go where? | – 伙计 我们走 – 想去哪? |
[1:35:06] | Hey, talkin’ to you, Gollum. | 嘿 我跟你说话呢 咕噜(指环王人物) |
[1:35:07] | This the one mask to rule them all? My precious. | 你用这个面具统治魔界么 我的宝贝 |
[1:35:11] | Hey, what’s your problem? | 嘿 你有意见么 |
[1:35:17] | Your boyfriend’s my problem. | 我对你朋友有意见 |
[1:35:18] | Hey! Leave him alone. | 嘿 不许欺负他 |
[1:35:20] | What are you gonna do about it? | 你能把我怎么样? |
[1:35:23] | – Get outta my way. – No. | – 你给我让开 – 我不 |
[1:35:25] | I said get outta my way! | 我说给我让开! |
[1:35:27] | I said no! | 我说不行! |
[1:35:29] | Yo, Jack, what’s up, man? | 呦 杰克 你在干嘛呢 朋友? |
[1:35:31] | What’s this? More little freaks? | 这是什么? 更多小屁孩来了? |
[1:35:33] | What you call us, hick? | 乡巴佬 你叫我们什么? |
[1:35:34] | Come on, prep boy. | 来啊 小学生 |
[1:35:39] | Guys, stop! | 你们快停下来! |
[1:35:42] | Guys, stop it! | 你们住手! |
[1:35:45] | Guys, stop! | 快住手! |
[1:35:46] | Just stop, please! Stop! | 快住手,求求你们了!住手! |
[1:35:49] | Just go! | 快走! |
[1:35:55] | Oh, man! Dude! Come on! Let’s go! | 兄弟!老兄!快跑!我们快跑! |
[1:35:59] | Let’s get out! | 我们得逃走! |
[1:36:09] | – Are you okay? – Uh… | 你还好吗? |
[1:36:11] | Dude, you’re bleeding. | 兄弟 你流血了! |
[1:36:14] | What was that? Something’s coming. | 那是什么声音? 有人来了 |
[1:36:17] | Amos? | 是阿莫斯么? |
[1:36:19] | Jack! | 杰克! |
[1:36:20] | – Over here! – Amos, come on! | – 在这儿呢! – 阿莫斯 快过来! |
[1:36:24] | They follow you? | 他们追过来了吗? |
[1:36:26] | I think we lost ’em. | 我觉得已经把他们甩掉了 |
[1:36:33] | How did you guys know we needed help? | 你们怎么知道我们有危险的? |
[1:36:36] | We saw them follow you out of the lodge. | 我们看见他们跟着你们从木屋出来了 |
[1:36:37] | I think they were seventh graders. They were huge. | 他们应该是七年级的学生 长得真高 |
[1:36:40] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢了伙计们 |
[1:36:43] | You totally saved our butts. | 你们救了我们 |
[1:36:45] | Yeah, thanks, guys. | 是啊 谢谢你们 |
[1:36:50] | You know, it was cool how you stood your ground, little dude. | 小家伙 你刚刚挺身而出的样子很酷 |
[1:38:17] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[1:38:19] | Oh, my gosh, I missed you so much! Mmm. | 天哪 我想死你了! |
[1:38:22] | – See you later, Auggie! – Bye! | – 再见 奥吉 – 拜 |
[1:38:24] | How are you? | 怎么样? |
[1:38:25] | Good. And guess what? I got in a fight. | 很好 你猜怎么着? 我打架了 |
[1:38:27] | Oh my God, you’re bleeding! Are you okay? | 上帝啊 你流血了! 你没事吧? |
[1:38:30] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[1:38:31] | Auggie got in a fight. | 奥吉打架了 |
[1:38:34] | That’s terrible. I’m sorry. | 太糟糕了 我很抱歉 |
[1:38:36] | – Did you win? – Nate! | – 你赢了吗? – 内特! |
[1:38:38] | Well, I’m getting a vibe like maybe he won. | 但是 我只是有种感觉 他可能赢了 |
[1:38:42] | Did you? | 赢了吗? |
[1:38:43] | Yeah. And guess what? They were seventh graders. | 嗯 你猜怎么着 他们是七年级的 |
[1:38:46] | Yes! | 太棒了! |
[1:38:48] | See you later, buddy! | 再见 兄弟! |
[1:38:50] | Bye! | 再见! |
[1:38:53] | Fighting is bad, Auggie. | 打架是不对的 奥吉 |
[1:38:54] | – Bye, Mr. and Mrs. P. – Goodbye. | – 再见 普先生和太太 – 再见 |
[1:38:57] | See you at graduation, Auggie. | 毕业典礼见 奥吉 |
[1:39:03] | Looking sharp. | 看着真帅 |
[1:39:05] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢老爸 |
[1:39:06] | I’m talking about me. | 我在说自己呢 |
[1:39:08] | Hey! Ah, you look good, too. | 嘿 你也非常帅 |
[1:39:11] | I think it’s safe to say the Pullman men are crushing it today. | 我觉得今天普尔曼一家的帅哥们今天可是万人迷 |
[1:39:19] | – You’ve come a long way, huh? – Yeah. | – 你经历了很多 – 是的 |
[1:39:25] | Auggie, I am proud of you for sticking it out. | 奥吉 你能坚持下来 我真是感到很骄傲 |
[1:39:29] | You didn’t think I would, did you? | 你本来觉得我不行吧 |
[1:39:30] | ‘Course I did. | 当然不是! |
[1:39:35] | Okay, well, come on. | 呃 好吧 |
[1:39:36] | I mean, when you started you were still wearing | 你那时候在公共场所 |
[1:39:38] | the astronaut helmet in public. | 还一直戴着你的那个宇航员头盔呢 |
[1:39:41] | I love that helmet. I wish I knew where it was. | 我很喜欢那个头盔的 要是能找到它就好了 |
[1:39:47] | It’s in my office. | 它就在我的书房里 |
[1:39:49] | What? Dad! That was a gift. You had no right to hide it! | 什么 爸爸!那可是给我的礼物 你不能把它藏起来! |
[1:39:53] | Auggie, Auggie, please, don’t be mad. | 奥吉 奥吉 你千万别生我的气 |
[1:39:55] | You gotta understand, you were wearing it all the time. | 你要理解我 你那时候一直戴着它 |
[1:39:58] | I never got to see you anymore. | 我都看不到你的脸了 |
[1:40:00] | I missed your face. | 我想看到你的脸 |
[1:40:02] | I know you don’t always like it, but I love it. | 我知道你有时候不喜欢 但是我喜欢 |
[1:40:05] | It’s my son’s face. | 那是我儿子的脸 |
[1:40:10] | I wanna see it. | 我希望能看见它 |
[1:40:15] | Do you forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗? |
[1:40:16] | No. | 不能 |
[1:40:20] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[1:40:23] | Does Mom know? | 妈妈知道吗? |
[1:40:25] | No. God, no, she’d kill me. | 不知道 天啊 她会杀了我的 |
[1:40:28] | But I can maybe find it, if you need it back. | 但是如果你想要 我可以把它拿回来 |
[1:40:31] | That’s okay. | 不用了 |
[1:40:59] | – Mom. – Yes? | – 妈 – 嗯? |
[1:41:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:41:04] | For what? | 为什么? |
[1:41:05] | Making me go to school. | 谢谢你让我上学 |
[1:41:10] | I was so mad at you sometimes. | 我有时候生过你的气 |
[1:41:12] | But I’m really happy to be here. | 但是现在我很开心 |
[1:41:16] | You really are a wonder, Auggie. | 你是个奇迹 奥吉 |
[1:41:20] | You are a wonder. | 你是一位奇迹男孩 |
[1:41:45] | Thank you, choir. That was beautiful. | 谢谢合唱团 歌声太美了 |
[1:41:50] | Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, graduates. | 女士们 先生们 男孩儿们和女孩儿们 毕业生们 |
[1:41:57] | Final award this morning is the Henry Ward Beecher medal | 今天的最后一个奖项是亨利沃德比彻奖牌 |
[1:42:02] | to honor students who have been notable or exemplary. | 将它授予一位表现突出 以身作则的学生 |
[1:42:08] | Usually, it’s a “good works,” a service award. | 一般来说 这是奖励乐于助人 的孩子 |
[1:42:14] | But I came upon a passage that he wrote, | 但是最近我读到了比彻曾经写下的一段话 |
[1:42:18] | which made me realize that good works come in many forms. | 让我想到乐于助人有很多种形式 |
[1:42:26] | “Greatness,” he wrote, “lies not in being strong | 他写道:“伟大并非在于力量的强大 |
[1:42:32] | “but in the right using of strength. | 而是你如何地去正确的使用你的力量” |
[1:42:37] | “He or she is the greatest | 所有伟大的人 无论男女 |
[1:42:42] | “whose strength carries up the most hearts | 将自己的魅力化作力量 |
[1:42:46] | “by the attraction of his own.” | 影响周围的人 |
[1:42:53] | Without further ado, this year, I am very proud | 不再继续拖延了 今年 我非常自豪的 |
[1:42:59] | to award the Henry Ward Beecher medal | 把亨利沃德比彻奖章 |
[1:43:04] | to the student whose quiet strength | 颁发给这个 默默激励了 |
[1:43:09] | has carried up the most hearts. | 很多同学的孩子 |
[1:43:12] | So, | 下面 |
[1:43:14] | will August Pullman please come up here to receive this award? | 请奥吉斯特·普尔曼同学上台接受这一奖项 |
[1:43:52] | You’re the best, dude! | 你是最棒的 兄弟! |
[1:43:58] | Walking up towards that stage, I felt like I was floating. | 走向舞台的时候 我感觉整个人在飘 |
[1:44:03] | My heart was beating so fast. | 我的心 跳的那么的快 |
[1:44:06] | I didn’t really understand why I was getting a medal. | 我真不懂自己为什么得到了这个奖项 |
[1:44:09] | It’s not like I blew up the Death Star. | 又不是我炸掉了死星(引用星战) |
[1:44:12] | All I did was get through fifth grade, just like everyone else here. | 我只是和同学一样度过了5年级而已 |
[1:44:17] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[1:44:20] | Here you go. That’s for you. | 戴上吧 这个是给你的 |
[1:44:22] | Then again, maybe that’s kind of the point. | 其实 这就是最重要的吧 |
[1:44:26] | Maybe the truth is, I’m really not so ordinary. | 也许事实就是 我没有那么的普通 |
[1:44:31] | Maybe if we knew what other people were thinking | 如果你能看透每一个人的心 |
[1:44:34] | we’d know that no one’s ordinary. | 就会知道 没有人是普通的 |
[1:44:37] | And we all deserve a standing ovation at least once in our lives. | 每个人都值得大家站起来为他鼓掌一次 |
[1:44:43] | My friends do. | 我的朋友们值得 |
[1:44:49] | My teachers do. | 我的老师们值得 |
[1:44:52] | My sister does for always being there for me. | 我的姐姐值得 因为她永远支持我 |
[1:44:55] | My dad does for always making us laugh. | 我的爸爸值得 因为他总逗我们笑 |
[1:44:59] | And my mom does the most. | 特别是我妈妈 |
[1:45:01] | For never giving up. On anything. | 因为她从不放弃任何事情 |
[1:45:04] | Especially, me. | 特别是 我 |
[1:45:07] | It’s like that last precept Mr. Browne gave us. | 就像是布朗老师送给我们的最后一条箴言 |
[1:45:12] | Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle. | 善良一点 因为大家的一生都不容易 |
[1:45:16] | And if you really wanna see what people are, | 如果你想真正了解他人 |
[1:45:20] | all you have to do… is look. | 你只需要用心去看 |