时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:37] | Hi, you’ve reached the Usher residence. | 你好 这是艾许寓所 |
[01:40] | Please leave a message at the tone. Thank you. | 哔声后请留言 谢谢 |
[01:43] | Hi, honey. It’s about 8.30 and, | 亲爱的 现在是八点半 |
[01:45] | um… I’m going to be here for a while. | 我刚到 |
[01:47] | The presentation didn’t go so well. | 会议不太顺利 |
[01:50] | Call me. I love you. Bye. | 打电话给我 我爱你 再见 |
[02:31] | Aghh! | 啊! |
[04:08] | Guess who I ran into from our class at Quantico? | 你猜我碰到哪一个同学? |
[04:11] | – Marty Neil. – J Edgar Jr? | 马丁尼尔 小胡佛局长? |
[04:15] | Just got bumped up. | 他刚刚升迁 |
[04:17] | Foreign Counterintelligence, New York City Bureau. | 外交情报局纽约分局 |
[04:20] | Supervisory Special Agent. | 主管级特别探员 |
[04:22] | – Supervisory? – That’s right. | 主管级探员? 是的 |
[04:24] | Two years out of the Academy. How did he land that? | 才毕业两年 这么厉害? |
[04:27] | Lucked into the World Trade Center bombing. | 要归功世贸中心爆炸案 |
[04:30] | Well, good for Marty. | 恭喜他了 |
[04:32] | Oh, come on, Dana! The guy is a loser. Look where he is now. | 少来了 丹娜 他是个失败者 看看他现在吧 |
[04:35] | It’s where we should be. | 我们才应该坐他那个位置 |
[04:37] | Brad Wilson told me the psychological profile you wrote… | 威尔森说你的心理侧写分析 |
[04:41] | ..On the Washington Crossing | 侦破了 |
[04:43] | killer led them straight to the suspect. | 华盛顿连环杀手案 |
[04:45] | Word has it you’re on the Violent Crimes Section’s fast track. | 听说你在暴力犯罪组飞黄腾达 |
[04:49] | So, how are you doing? | 你现在怎么样? |
[04:51] | Have you had any close encounters of the third kind? | 有没有什么第三类接触啊? |
[04:57] | Is that what everyone thinks I do? | 大家都这么看我吗? |
[04:59] | No, of course not. But you do work with Spooky Mulder. | 当然不是 但你与怪穆德一起工作 |
[05:03] | Mulder’s ideas may be a bit out there, | 穆德的想法或许有些古怪 |
[05:06] | but he is a great agent. | 但他是个出色的探员 |
[05:08] | Yeah, well, I’ve got this case that’s out there. | 我有这个奇怪的案件 |
[05:12] | Baltimore PD calls. | 巴尔的摩警方请求我们协助 |
[05:14] | They want our help on a serial killer profile. | 侦办一个连续杀人犯案件 |
[05:17] | Three murders. Began six weeks ago. | 六周以来发生了三宗谋杀案 |
[05:19] | Victims vary in age, race, gender. | 死者年龄 种族 性别都不同 |
[05:21] | – No known connections. – I take it there’s a pattern? | 没有任何关系 有共同的手法吗? |
[05:24] | Point of entry. Actually, the lack of one. | 都找不到凶手的进出方式 |
[05:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[05:28] | One victim, college girl, killed in her dorm room. | 一个女大学生在宿舍被杀 |
[05:31] | She was found with the windows | 但是所有窗户都紧闭 |
[05:32] | locked and the door chained from the inside. | 门由屋内反锁 |
[05:35] | The last incident, two days ago. High-security office building. | 两日前发生的案件 高度保全的办公大厦内 |
[05:39] | Nothing on the security monitors. | 监视器没录到任何蛛丝马迹 |
[05:41] | Janitor spoke to the victim minutes before. | 管理员刚与死者说过话 |
[05:44] | Didn’t hear or see a thing out of the ordinary. | 他没有听到任何不寻常动静 |
[05:46] | Suicides? | 自杀? |
[05:54] | Each victim was found with their liver ripped out. | 受害者的肝脏都被拿掉了 |
[05:59] | – No cutting tool was used. – Bare hands? | 没找到作案工具 徒手? |
[06:03] | – This looks like an X-File. – Let’s not get carried away. | 看起来像X档案 不要太兴奋了 |
[06:06] | I’m gonna solve these murders, but… | 我要侦破这些案子 |
[06:09] | ..I would like you to go over the case histories. | 但我希望你看看记录 |
[06:12] | Maybe come down to the crime scene. | 也许可以到现场看看 |
[06:15] | Do you want me to ask Mulder? | 要我找穆德吗? |
[06:17] | OK. If he wants to come and do you a favour, great! | 如果他愿意帮你 很好 |
[06:21] | But make sure he knows this is my case. | 但要让他知道这是我的案子 |
[06:24] | Dana, if I can break a case like this one,… | 丹娜 如果我能侦破此案 |
[06:27] | ..I’ll be getting my bump up the ladder. | 我就可以得到升迁 |
[06:30] | And you… | 而你… |
[06:33] | Maybe you won’t have to be Mrs Spooky any more. | 你也不用再跟着怪穆德了 |
[06:39] | – So why didn’t they ask me? – They’re friends from the Academy. | 他们为何不找我? 我们是同学 |
[06:43] | I’m sure they just felt more comfortable talking to me. | 他们觉得和我谈比较自在 |
[06:46] | Why would I make them so uncomfortable? | 我会令他们不自在? |
[06:48] | It probably has to do with your reputation. | 可能和你的名声有关 |
[06:52] | Reputation? I have a reputation? | 名声?我有名声? |
[06:55] | Colton plays by the book and you don’t. | 他们都照规矩来 你不会 |
[06:57] | They feel your methods, your theories are… | 他们觉得你的方法 你的理论… |
[07:00] | Spooky? | 怪异? |
[07:04] | – Do you think I’m spooky? – Agent Scully’s in here, sir. | 你认为我怪异吗? 史卡利探员到了 |
[07:08] | Dana! | 丹娜 |
[07:09] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起我来迟了 |
[07:11] | We just got here. | 我们也刚到 |
[07:13] | Uh… Fox Mulder. Tom Colton. | 这是穆德 这位是汤姆 科顿 |
[07:17] | So, Mulder, what do you think? | 穆德 你有什么想法? |
[07:18] | Does this look like the work of little green men? | 是小绿人干的吗? |
[07:21] | – Grey. – Excuse me? | 灰色 什么? |
[07:23] | Grey. | 灰色的 |
[07:24] | You said green men. A Reticulan skin tone is actually grey. | 你说小绿人 外星人肤色是灰色 |
[07:28] | They’re notorious for their | 他们以 |
[07:29] | extraction of terrestrial human livers,… | 割取人类肝脏而出名 |
[07:32] | ..Due to iron depletion in the Reticulan galaxy. | 因为外星缺乏铁质 |
[07:35] | You can’t be serious! | 你不是说真的吧? |
[07:36] | Do you have any idea what liver and onions go for on Reticula? | 你不知道他们最喜欢吃肝脏配洋葱吗? |
[07:40] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[07:46] | Dana, I’ve been thinking about this and I have a theory. | 丹娜 我想了一个理论 |
[07:50] | It might explain a lot. Tell me what you think. | 可能很有道理 你听听看 |
[07:52] | What if the guy enters the building… | 如果有人进入大厦… |
[08:09] | Hold on a second. What in the hell is he doing? | 等一下 他在干什么? |
[08:16] | Uh, that vent is 6 inches by about 18. | 通风口是6吋长18吋宽 |
[08:19] | Even if a Reticulan could crawl through, it’s screwed in place. | 外星人也爬不进来 而且还上了螺丝 |
[08:31] | This is the print I took from Usher’s office. | 这是昨天从艾许办公室采到的指纹 |
[08:34] | These others are from an X-File. | 其他是从X档案来的 |
[08:37] | Ten murders, Baltimore area, undetermined points of entry. | 巴尔的摩有十人被杀 作案入口不明 |
[08:41] | Each victim had their liver removed. | 死者肝脏皆被摘除 |
[08:43] | These prints were found at 5 of the 10 crime scenes. | 这些指纹 是从十个现场中的五个发现的 |
[08:46] | – Ten murders. Colton never mentioned… | 十个谋杀案? 科顿没有说过… |
[08:49] | – Most likely he’s unaware of them. | 他可能根本不知道 |
[08:51] | These two prints were lifted | 这两个指纹 |
[08:53] | five years before he was born at Powhattan Mill. | 比他出生还早五年 |
[08:56] | And these three were lifted | 这三个 |
[08:58] | probably five years before his mother was even born. | 比他母亲出生还早五年 |
[09:02] | Are you saying these prints are from the 19605 and the 19305? | 你是说这些指纹取自 六十年代和三十年代? |
[09:06] | Fingerprinting was just starting in 1903, | 指纹资料从1903年就开始 |
[09:09] | but there was a murder with an extracted liver. | 当时就有人被挖走肝脏的案件 |
[09:13] | Now, that’s five murders every 30 years. | 当然 所以每三十年 就有五个人被杀 |
[09:16] | That makes two more to go this year. | 今年还要有两个人 |
[09:19] | You’re saying these are copycats? | 你是说这些案子是模仿犯罪? |
[09:21] | What did we learn our first day at the Academy? | 我们第一天在学院学到什么 史卡利? |
[09:24] | Each fingerprint is unique. | 所有的指纹都是独一无二的 |
[09:26] | These are a perfect match. | 这些都完全吻合一致 |
[09:27] | Are you suggesting I go before the Violent Crimes Section… | 你是想让我到暴力犯罪组 |
[09:31] | ..And present a profile saying these murders are done by aliens? | 上交一份报告说这是外星人干的? |
[09:35] | No! I find no evidence of alien involvement. | 当然不是 我没找到外星人的涉案证据 |
[09:37] | What, then? This is the work of a 100-year-old serial killer… | 那么是什么? 一百岁的连续杀人犯? |
[09:41] | ..Who overpowered a six-foot-two businessman? | 他能干掉六呎二吋的壮汉? |
[09:43] | He’ll stick out in a crowd with ten-inch fingers! | 他有十吋长的手指 很容易可以找到 |
[09:47] | Look, bottom line. | 听着 基本上 |
[09:49] | This is Colton’s case. | 这是科顿的案件 |
[09:51] | Our X-File dates back to 1903. | X档案可追溯到1903年 |
[09:53] | We had it first. | 这是我们先找到的案子 |
[09:55] | Mulder, they don’t want you involved. | 穆德 他们不想你插手 |
[09:57] | They don’t want to hear your theories. | 他们不想听你的理论 |
[10:00] | That’s why Blevins has you hidden away down here. | 所以你才会被冷冻在这里 |
[10:03] | You’re down here, too. | 你还不是一样 |
[10:05] | Look, why don’t we agree to this? | 这样好了 |
[10:07] | They have their investigation, | 他们查他们的案子 |
[10:08] | we have ours. And never the twain shall meet. | 我们查我们的案子 互不干涉 |
[10:13] | Agreed? | 同意吗? |
[10:19] | After a careful review of the | 仔细研究 |
[10:21] | violent and powerful nature of these murders,… | 这些残忍的案件后 |
[10:24] | ..I believe the killer to be a male, | 我相信凶手是男性 |
[10:27] | 25-35 years of age, with above average intelligence. | 二十五岁到三十五岁之间 中等以上的智力 |
[10:32] | His manner of entry has so far been undetectable. | 他如何进入屋内 目前还不得而知 |
[10:35] | This may be due to his knowledge | 也许是因为 |
[10:37] | of the inner structure of buildings and duct works. | 熟悉建筑结构 与通风口 |
[10:41] | Or that he in fact hides in plain | 或者他置身于人群之中 |
[10:43] | sight posing as deliver or maintenance workers. | 假冒为送货员或工人 |
[10:59] | The extraction of the liver | 摘取肝脏是这些案件 最引人注目之处 |
[11:03] | The liver possesses regenerative qualities. | 肝脏具有代谢的功能 |
[11:07] | It cleanses the blood. | 能够清理血液 |
[11:09] | The taking of this trophy | 取走肝脏是 |
[11:11] | is the transferring act for the killer to… | 象征凶手 |
[11:13] | ..Cleanse himself of his own impurities. | 洗去自己的不洁 |
[11:16] | I think he is acting under the | 我想这是典型的 |
[11:18] | classic form of obsessive-compulsive behaviour. | 强制冲动行为 |
[11:22] | Since the victims are unrelated | 因为受害者没有关连 |
[11:24] | and we cannot predict who will be next,… | 我们无法预知下一个会是谁 |
[11:27] | ..We must use the fact that a | 我们要考虑到 |
[11:28] | killer won’t always succeed in finding a victim. | 凶手不是每次都能找到受害者 |
[11:31] | When this occurs… | 如果找不到受害者 |
[11:33] | ..A serial killer may return to the site of a previous murder,… | 他可能会回到前一个现场 |
[11:37] | ..Hoping to recapture the emotional high. | 来重温当时的快感 |
[11:41] | I think our best course of action is to target these sites. | 我们最好监视这些现场 |
[11:45] | Good job, Agent Scully. | 很好 史卡利探员 |
[11:47] | If there are no objections, | 如果没有人反对 |
[11:49] | we’ll begin our stakeouts of the murder sites tonight. | 我们从今晚开始监视现场 |
[11:52] | We’re looking for a male, 25-35, | 主要查看二十五岁 到三十五岁的男人 |
[11:55] | possibly wearing a uniform. | 任何穿着制服的… |
[11:56] | Gas company, UPS, whatever. | 煤气公司或送货员等等 |
[11:58] | I know you’re assigned to another area, Scully,… | 我知道你是其他部门的 |
[12:01] | ..But you’re welcome to come aboard with us on this. | 但欢迎你与我们一起行动 |
[12:04] | That is if you don’t mind | 只要你不介意 |
[12:06] | working in an area that’s a bit more down to earth. | 回到地球工作 |
[12:25] | Position ten. Station check. | 十号 基地查询 |
[12:28] | Position ten, I copy. | 十号 收到 |
[12:58] | You wouldn’t shoot an unarmed man, would you, copper? | 别射杀手无寸铁的人 警察先生 |
[13:01] | – Mulder, what are you doing here? – He’s not coming back. | 穆德 你来这里干什么? 他不会回来了 |
[13:04] | His thrill comes from the | 他从不可能的挑战 得到快感 |
[13:05] | challenge of a seemingly impossible entry. | 他已经打败这个地方 |
[13:08] | If you’d read the X-File, you’d come to the same conclusion. | 如果你读过X档案 你也会有同样结论 |
[13:12] | Mulder, you are jeopardising my stakeout. | 穆德 别防碍我的监视工作 |
[13:14] | Seeds? | 要不要吃葵花子? |
[13:16] | You’re wasting your time. | 别浪费时间了 |
[13:18] | I’m going home! | 我要回家了 |
[13:53] | Scully! Call for backup and get over here! | 史卡利! 请求支援 过来这里! |
[13:58] | Position ten requesting backup! | 十号请求支援! |
[14:06] | In there. | 在那边 |
[14:16] | Federal Agent! | 我们是联邦调查员 |
[14:19] | I’m armed! | 我们有武装 |
[14:22] | Proceed down the vent. Slowly! | 从通风口出来 慢慢地 |
[14:46] | – Take him! – Move! Move! Move! | 抓住他 行动! |
[14:49] | FBI. Don’t move! Don’t move! Get your hands up! Keep ’em up! | 不许动! 把双手举高 举高手 |
[14:53] | You’re under arrest. You have the right to remain silent… | 你被捕了 你有权保持沉默… |
[14:57] | You were right. | 你说对了 |
[14:59] | You have a right to have an attorney present during questioning. | 你有权在讯问时 请律师到场 |
[15:02] | If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. | 如果你请不起 我们会为你指派一位 |
[15:07] | Is your full name Eugene Victor Tooms? | 你叫尤金 维克 托姆吗? |
[15:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:15] | Are you a resident of the state of Maryland? | 你是马里兰州人吗? |
[15:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:22] | Are you an employee of the Baltimore Municipal Animal Control? | 你是巴尔的摩 动物管理中心员工? |
[15:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:29] | Is it your intent to lie to me about anything here today? | 今天你有说谎吗? |
[15:35] | No. | 没有 |
[15:37] | Were you ever enrolled in college? | 你读过大学吗? |
[15:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:43] | Were you ever enrolled in medical school? | 你读过医学院吗? |
[15:47] | No. | 没有 |
[15:49] | Have you ever removed a liver from a human being? | 你有替人切除肝脏吗? |
[15:54] | No. | 没有 |
[15:55] | Have you ever killed a living creature? | 你杀过动物吗? |
[16:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:03] | Have you ever killed a human being? | 你杀过人吗? |
[16:08] | No. | 没有 |
[16:11] | Were you ever in George Usher’s office? | 你去过乔治艾许办公室吗? |
[16:14] | No. | 没有 |
[16:16] | Did you kill George Usher? | 你有没有杀艾许先生吗? |
[16:20] | No. | 没有 |
[16:23] | Are you over 100 years old? | 你是否超过一百岁? |
[16:25] | – That must be a control question. – I had her ask it. | 这一定是判断说谎的问题 是我要她问的 |
[16:29] | No. | 没有 |
[16:32] | Have you ever been to Powhattan Mill? | 你有没有去过巴哈顿? |
[16:35] | Yes. | 去过 |
[16:37] | In 1933? | 在1933年吗? |
[16:42] | No. | 不是 |
[16:45] | Are you afraid you might fall this test? | 你担心测谎失败吗? |
[16:50] | Well… | 嗯… |
[16:53] | Yes. Because I didn’t do anything. | 是的 因为我什么也没有做 |
[16:58] | He nailed it… A+. | 他高分通过 |
[17:00] | As far as I’m concerned, | 我判断他不是 |
[17:01] | the subject did not kill those two people. | 杀害那两个人凶手 |
[17:09] | Maintenance at the office | 办公室管理员证实 |
[17:10] | building confirmed the call to Animal Control… | 他们通知动物中心 |
[17:13] | ..About a bad smell. They found | 有臭味 |
[17:15] | a dead cat in the second floor ventilation ducts. | 他们在二楼通风口 发现一只死猫 |
[17:18] | Still doesn’t explain why he was there that late at night. | 这就是原因了 但没有说明为何那么晚才去? |
[17:21] | He’s a civil servant with initiative and we busted him for it. | 他是有正当理由的公务员 却被我们抓来问话 |
[17:25] | He was crawling up an air duct, | 他能爬上通风口 |
[17:26] | by himself, without alerting security. | 而没有惊动保全系统 |
[17:29] | Dana, he passed the test. | 丹娜 他通过测谎 |
[17:30] | His story checks out. He’s not the guy. | 他是无辜的 |
[17:33] | It doesn’t mean your profile’s incorrect. | 这不表示你的侧写错误 |
[17:35] | Scully’s right. It is the guy. | 丹娜是对的 他就是凶手 |
[17:37] | What have you got, Mulder? | 你发现了什么 穆德? |
[17:40] | He lied on questions 11 and 13. | 他在11题和13题说谎 |
[17:43] | His electrodermal and | 他对这些问题 |
[17:44] | cardiographic response nearly go off the chart. | 反应很激烈 |
[17:47] | ls number 11 the 100-year-old question? | 是一百岁的那个问题吗? |
[17:52] | Well, I had a reaction to that stupid question. | 让我告诉你 我也会对那个笨问题有反应 |
[17:55] | And what is this Powhattan Mill thing? | 这个巴哈顿又是什么? |
[17:57] | Two murders with matching MOs | 1933年有二个人 |
[17:59] | occurred in Powhattan Mill in 1933. Look at the chart. | 在巴哈顿被杀 手法相同 看看他的反应图表 |
[18:02] | My interpretation of those reactions… | 我对这些反应的解读… |
[18:04] | I don’t need you or that | 我不需要你或那机器告诉我 |
[18:06] | machine telling me if Tooms was alive in ’33! | 托姆从1933年就活着 |
[18:08] | He’s the guy. | 他是凶手 |
[18:11] | I’m letting him go. | 我要放了他 |
[18:16] | You coming? | 你来不来? |
[18:19] | Tom, I want to thank you | 汤姆 谢谢你 |
[18:21] | for letting me put in some time with the VCS. | 让我参与 |
[18:23] | – But I am officially assigned to the X-Files. | 但我是正式编排到X档案的人 |
[18:26] | – I’ll see what I can do about that. | 看看是否能帮你出来 |
[18:28] | Tom, I can look out for myself. | 汤姆 我能照顾我自己 |
[18:30] | You said Mulder was out there. | 你说穆德很古怪 |
[18:33] | That guy’s insane. | 他根本是神经病 |
[18:42] | You knew they wouldn’t believe you. Why did you push it? | 你知道他们不会相信你 为何还勉强呢? |
[18:46] | Maybe I thought you caught the right guy. | 因为我认为你抓到了凶手 |
[18:49] | And maybe I run into so many people who are hostile… | 因为这些人 |
[18:52] | ..Because they can’t open their minds to the possibilities… | 无法敞开心胸 |
[18:56] | ..That sometimes the need to mess with their heads… | 我宁可出丑 |
[18:59] | ..Outweighs the millstone of humiliation. | 也要把他们搞糊涂 |
[19:02] | It seems like you were acting very territorial. | 你似乎在排挤他们 |
[19:06] | – I don’t know… – Of course I was. | 我不知道 算了吧 我当然要排挤他们 |
[19:08] | In our investigations, you may not always agree with me,… | 我们一起查案时 有时你会不同意我的看法 |
[19:12] | ..But at least you respect the journey. | 但至少你会尊重我 |
[19:14] | And if you want to continue working with them, | 如果你想继续和他们工作 |
[19:17] | I won’t hold it against you. | 我不会生你的气 |
[19:23] | I don’t know. You must have | 噢 我不知道 你一定还有更多证据 |
[19:25] | something more than your polygraph interpretation… | 而不只是测谎的解读 |
[19:28] | ..To back up this bizarre theory and I have to see what it is. | 才能支持这古怪的理论 我必须看到证据 |
[19:35] | These are Eugene Tooms’s prints. | 这是托姆的指纹 |
[19:44] | This is the fingerprint they took from Usher’s office. | 这是在艾许办公室取到的指纹 |
[19:48] | It matches the old ones from the X-Files. | 它与X档案中的旧指纹吻合 |
[19:51] | Obviously no match. | 看起来不相同 |
[19:53] | What if… | 但如果 |
[19:55] | ..Somehow… | 这样拉长… |
[20:11] | How could that be? | 这怎么可能? |
[20:13] | The only thing I know for certain is… they let him go. | 现在只有一件事是肯定的 他们把他放了 |
[23:13] | Ahh! Agh! | 啊!啊! |
[23:28] | 64 inches from the south wall. | 从南墙到这里六十四英吋 |
[23:30] | Let’s check on liver transplants in the next 24 hours. | 查查二十四小时内的肝脏移植 |
[23:34] | – Maybe this is black market. | 可能是黑市贩子 |
[23:35] | – Come on! It was ripped outta there. | 少来了 肝脏是被扯下的 |
[23:37] | Look, at this point I’m willing to give any theory a shot! | 我愿意考虑任何理论 |
[23:41] | Any sane theory. Dana, I only want | 任何合理的理论 对不起 丹娜 |
[23:43] | qualified members of the team at the crime scene. | 只有合格的组员才能进入现场 |
[23:47] | What’s the matter? You worried I’m going to solve your case? | 有问题吗 科顿? 你怕我会破案? |
[23:51] | Tom, we have authorised access to this crime scene. | 汤姆 我们有权进入现场 |
[23:56] | A report of you obstructing another | 你如果阻挠探员办案 |
[23:58] | officer’s investigation might stick out on your file. | 这个记录可能会跟你一辈子 |
[24:05] | Look, Dana, whose side are you on? | 丹娜 你站哪一边? |
[24:08] | The victim’s. | 受害者的一边 |
[24:15] | 105 inches from the fireplace. | 壁炉离死者105吋 |
[24:24] | The victim is a Thomas Werner, single, white… | 死者叫汤玛斯 韦纳 未婚 白人 |
[24:26] | It’s Tooms. | 是托姆干的 |
[24:30] | And he took something. | 他拿走了一些东西 |
[24:48] | Baltimore PD checked out Tooms’s apartment. | 巴尔的摩警方检查托姆的住处 |
[24:50] | It was a cover. | 那屋子只是个幌子 |
[24:51] | No one has ever lived there | 根本就没人住过 |
[24:53] | and he hasn’t shown up for work since the arrest. | 自从被捕后 他也没有上班 |
[24:56] | I found him. | 我找到他了 |
[24:58] | How do we learn about the present? We look to the past. | 要想了解当下 只要回顾历史 |
[25:01] | I think this is where it all began in 1903, on Exeter Street. | 1903年从这里开始的 艾塞特街 |
[25:05] | Look at the address of that first murder in 1903. | 第一宗谋杀案的地址 |
[25:10] | Apartment 203. | 203号室 |
[25:14] | He killed the guy above him. | 他杀了住他楼上的人 |
[25:16] | Maybe he played the Victrola too loud. | 可能是他的邻居音响太吵 |
[25:19] | – This must be Tooms’s great-grandfather. | 这一定是托姆的曾祖父 |
[25:21] | – What about the prints? | 可是指纹呢? |
[25:22] | Genetics might explain the patterns. | 也许是遗传的相似 |
[25:24] | It also might explain the sociopathic attitudes and behaviours. | 遗传也可解释 反社会的性格与行为 |
[25:28] | It begins with one family member | 由家人 |
[25:30] | who raises an offspring who raises the next child… | 代代相传 |
[25:33] | What is this? The Anti-Waltons? | 这算什么? 病态一家亲? |
[25:35] | What do you think? | 你认为如何呢? |
[25:37] | I think we have to track Eugene Tooms. | 必须抓到托姆 |
[25:39] | There’s four down and one to go this year. | 今年还有一个受害者 |
[25:41] | If we don’t get him right now, the next chance will be in… | 现在不捉到他 下一次会是… |
[25:45] | 2023. | 2023年 |
[25:46] | You’ll be head of the Bureau by then. You go through the census. | 到时候你会是局长 所以你来查人口资料 |
[25:49] | I’ll plough through this century’s marriage, | 我查本世纪的 所有通婚 |
[25:52] | birth, death certificates and… | 出生和死亡纪录 |
[25:55] | Do you have any Dramamine on you? These things make me seasick. | 有没有晕车药? 看这些东西让我头昏 |
[26:28] | – Anything? – Nope. | 有没有发现? 没有 |
[26:31] | He disappeared off the face of the earth. You? | 他消失了 你呢? |
[26:35] | Never was born. Never married. Never died. | 从未出世 从未结婚 从未死过 |
[26:38] | At least in Baltimore County. | 至少在巴尔的摩 |
[26:41] | Oh, I did find one thing, though. | 我找到一样东西 |
[26:44] | It’s the current address of the investigating officer | 承办1933年巴哈顿谋杀案 |
[26:47] | of the Powhattan Mill murders in 1933. | 调查员的地址 |
[26:51] | I’ve been waiting 25 years for you. | 我等你们二十五年了 |
[26:54] | Sir? | 长官? |
[26:56] | I called it quits in 1968… | 我在1968年退休 |
[27:00] | ..After 45 years as a cop. | 做了四十五年警察 |
[27:04] | And those killings at Powhattan Mill… | 调查过巴哈顿谋杀案 |
[27:09] | I was a sheriff then and I’d seen my share of murders. | 当时我是警长 看过许多案件 |
[27:14] | Bloody ones. | 血腥案件 |
[27:16] | But I could go home and… | 但只要回家 |
[27:20] | ..Pitch a few baseballs | 与孩子丢丢棒球 |
[27:21] | to my kid and never give it a second thought. | 就可以置之脑后 不会再想了 |
[27:24] | You gotta be able to do that. You… you’d go crazy, right? | 必须如此才行 否则就会发疯 对吗? |
[27:31] | But those murders in Powhattan Mill… | 但是巴哈顿的谋杀案… |
[27:35] | When I walked into that room, my heart went cold. | 当我走进那房子 我的心都冻住了 |
[27:41] | My hands… numbed. | 双手麻木 |
[27:46] | I could feel… | 我感觉到… |
[27:49] | ..It! | 它 |
[27:50] | Feel what, Frank? | 感觉到什么 法兰克? |
[27:55] | When I first heard about the death camps in 1945,… | 当我在1945年 得知纳粹集中营的事情 |
[28:01] | ..I remembered Powhattan Mill. | 我就想起巴哈顿 |
[28:04] | And I see the Kurds and the Bosnians. | 当我看到南斯拉夫内战 |
[28:08] | That room is there, I tell you. | 就想起那个房间 |
[28:11] | It’s like all the horrible acts that humans are capable of… | 仿佛人性最恐怖的事情 |
[28:16] | ..Somehow gave birth to some kind of… | 都聚集成为一个 |
[28:20] | ..Human monster. | 人形怪物 |
[28:25] | That’s why I say I’ve been waiting for you. | 所以我说我在等你们 |
[28:29] | Uh… | 呃… |
[28:31] | There’s a box in the trunk here. | 箱子里有一个盒子 |
[28:33] | Get it for me, would you, please? | 请拿给我好吗? |
[28:44] | Now, this is all the evidence I’ve collected. | 这是我收集的证据 |
[28:48] | – Officially and unofficially. – Unofficially? | 有官方和非官方的 非官方? |
[28:52] | I knew that the murders | 我知道1963年的凶手 |
[28:54] | in ’63 were by the same… person as in ’33. | 是与1933年同一个人 |
[28:59] | But by then they had me on a desk pushing papers… | 但是当时我已经坐办公桌 |
[29:02] | ..And they wouldn’t let me anywhere near the case. | 他们不让我办案了 |
[29:05] | – A piece of the removed liver? – Yes. | 被摘取的肝脏吗? 是的 |
[29:08] | But, you know, that’s not the only trophy he took with him. | 但这不是凶手唯一的战利品 |
[29:12] | Family members reported | 家属说还有别的 |
[29:14] | small personal effects missing in each case. | 小东西不见了 |
[29:18] | A hairbrush in the Walters murder. | 华特的案子有一把梳子 |
[29:20] | A coffee mug in the Taylor murder. | 泰勒的案子有一个咖啡杯 |
[29:23] | Have you ever heard the name Eugene Victor Tooms? | 你听过尤金 维克 托姆吗? |
[29:27] | When they wouldn’t bring me aboard in ’63, | 63年那次 他们不让我调查 |
[29:30] | I… I did some of my own work. | 我就自己去查 |
[29:33] | I took these surveillance pictures. | 这是我拍下的照片 |
[29:36] | This… | 这 |
[29:38] | ..Is Tooms. | 是托姆 |
[29:43] | Of course, that was him 30 years ago. | 当然 这是三十年前的照片 |
[29:47] | And this… | 这个… |
[29:50] | ..Is the apartment where he lived. | 是他的住所 |
[29:54] | – It was located at… – 66 Exeter Street? | 住在… 艾塞特街66号? |
[29:56] | Right. | 对 |
[29:58] | That’s it. Right there. | 没错 就是那里 |
[30:33] | Here’s 103. | 这是103号 |
[30:48] | The old man was right. | 那老人家说得没错 |
[30:50] | You can feel it. | 你可以感觉到 |
[31:06] | There’s nothing here. | 这里什么也没有 |
[31:14] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[31:17] | What’s down here? | 下边是什么? |
[31:23] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[31:28] | Let’s find out. | 下去看看 |
[31:52] | Just an old coal cellar. | 只是个旧煤窟 |
[32:06] | Somebody having a garage sale? | 有人在车库拍卖吗? |
[32:23] | – This is the shape on Werner’s mantel. | 这是韦纳的炉架 |
[32:26] | – Frank said he collected trophies. | 法兰克说他收集战利品 |
[32:32] | – Does he live in here? – It looks like the wall’s deteriorating. | 他住在这里? 墙壁好像快塌了 |
[32:37] | No. Somebody made it. | 不 有人做了手脚 |
[32:45] | This is a nest. | 这是一个窝 |
[32:47] | Look. | 看 |
[32:49] | It’s made out of rags and newspapers. | 用废纸做的 |
[32:52] | This looks like the opening. Think there’s anything inside? | 看起来像一个洞口 里面有东西吗? |
[32:56] | Oh, my God, Mulder. It smells like… | 天啊 穆德 闻起来 |
[33:01] | I think it’s bile. | 我想这是胆汁 |
[33:03] | Is there any way I can get it off | 有没有办法很酷地甩掉 |
[33:05] | my fingers quickly without betraying my cool exterior? | 这些讨厌的东西? |
[33:10] | – No one could live in this. – I don’t think it’s where he lives. | 这里没办法住人 我不相信他会住在这里 |
[33:14] | I think it’s where he hibernates. | 我想这是他冬眠之处 |
[33:18] | – Hibernates? – Just listen. | 冬眠? 听着 |
[33:21] | What if some genetic mutation | 遗传突变 |
[33:23] | could allow a man to awaken every 30 years? | 让他每三十年苏醒一次 |
[33:26] | Mulder… | 穆德… |
[33:28] | And what if the five livers | 五个肝脏 |
[33:30] | could provide him sustenance for that period? | 让他维持冬眠 |
[33:33] | What if Tooms is some kind of 20th century… | 托姆可能是 二十世纪的 |
[33:36] | genetic mutant? | 基因变种人 |
[33:39] | In any case, he’s not here now and he’s gotta come back. | 他现在不在这里 但他一定会回来 |
[33:43] | – We’ll need a surveillance team. – That’ll take some finagling. | 好 我们需要监视小组 那需要费一些唇舌 |
[33:47] | You go downtown and see what you can finagle and I’ll keep watch. | 好 你去看看能否找人来 我继续在这里监视 |
[34:03] | Oh, wait. I’m snagged on something. | 噢 等一下 我被什么勾住了 |
[34:07] | Oh, it’s OK. I got it. | 没事了 |
[34:31] | It’s about time. | 总算来了 |
[34:33] | So… who we looking for again? | 我们在监视谁? |
[34:36] | Eugene Tooms. He’s unarmed | 尤金 托姆 他虽然没有武器 |
[34:38] | but consider him dangerous. | 却是个危险人物 |
[34:39] | Scully and I will be back to | 如果他没出现 |
[34:40] | relieve you in eight hours if he doesn’t show. | 史卡利探员和我8小时后 |
[34:43] | Right here. | 和你们换班 |
[34:44] | You got it… Spooky. | 明白了…怪人 |
[34:52] | We have to talk. | 我们要谈谈 |
[34:54] | – I have to meet Mulder. – That’s why we have to talk. | 我要见穆德探员 那就是我所谈的 |
[34:57] | You’re using two of my | 你们指挥我的手下监视那里 |
[34:58] | men to sit in front of a condemned building! | 可是那里已经荒废了十年 |
[35:01] | It isn’t interfering with your investigation. | 这干涉了你的调查吗? |
[35:04] | When we had lunch, I looked | 我们一起吃午餐时 |
[35:05] | forward to working with you. You are a good agent. | 我很想和你一起工作 你是一个好探员 |
[35:08] | But, after Mulder, I couldn’t have you far enough away. | 但自从穆德探员出现后 我宁可你离开远远的 |
[35:11] | Don’t go down there. I had the stakeout called off. | 别去那个地方了 我把监视取消了 |
[35:14] | You can’t do that! | 你不能这样做 |
[35:15] | No, I can’t! But my Regional ASA did it | 我不能 但地区主管可以 |
[35:18] | once I told him about the waste in man-hours. | 尤其是我告诉他浪费人力后 |
[35:20] | Uh-uh. Let me call Mulder. Let me tell him the news. | 让我打电话给穆德 我来把消息告诉他 |
[35:24] | Is this what it takes to climb the ladder, Colton? | 为了升官不择手段 科顿? |
[35:27] | All the way to the top. | 一路高升 |
[35:29] | Then I can’t wait till you fall off and land on your ass. | 我等着看你摔下来 |
[35:40] | This is Fox Mulder. I’m not here. Leave a message. | 我是穆德 我不在家 请留言 |
[36:13] | Where is everyone? | 大家去了那里? |
[36:15] | Scully? | 史卡利? |
[36:28] | This is Fox Mulder. I’m not here. Leave a message. | 我是穆德 我不在家 请留言 |
[36:31] | Mulder, you must have | 穆德 你大概不在家 |
[36:32] | gone out since Colton gave us the night off. | 因为科顿解除了监视 |
[36:35] | What say we file a complaint against him? I am furious! | 我们应该向上级投诉他 我气死了 |
[36:40] | Call me when you get in. OK, bye. | 回来后打电话给我 好吧 再见 |
[37:12] | Dammit! | 该死! |
[37:48] | Dammit, answer! | 该死 接电话! |
[38:12] | Ahh! | 啊! |
[38:38] | Scully! | 史卡利 |
[39:00] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[39:09] | He’s not gonna get his quota this year. | 他今年的肝脏数目不够 |
[40:24] | Look at him. He’s building another nest. | 看看他 他在建造另一个窝 |
[40:27] | You’ll be interested to | 你一定有兴趣知道 |
[40:29] | know that I’ve ordered some genetic tests. | 我要他进行一些基因测试 |
[40:31] | The preliminary medical | 初步报告显示 |
[40:33] | exam revealed quite abnormal development… | 他有 不正常 |
[40:37] | ..In the muscular and skeletal systems. | 肌肉和骨骼系统 |
[40:39] | As well as a continually declining metabolic rate. | 逐渐缓慢的新陈代谢 |
[40:42] | It dips way below the levels registered in deep sleep. | 比睡眠还要低很多 |
[40:47] | Did you hear me, Mulder? | 你听到我说话吗 穆德? |
[40:49] | All these people putting bars on their windows. | 大家都装了铁窗 |
[40:53] | Spending good money on | 花钱在高科技保全系统上 |
[40:54] | hi-tech security systems trying to feel safe. | 想要感觉安全 |
[40:58] | I look at this guy and I think… | 当我看见这个人 |
[41:02] | ..It ain’t enough. | 我觉得一切保全都不够 |
[42:29] | Claire Bates | 克莱尔 贝茨 |
[42:42] | I made this! | 我做的这个! |