时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Look, Ben, this is what infuriates me. | 看看吧 本 真是气死我了 |
[00:08] | Don’t you see? It’s so painfully obvious. | 你看不出来吗? 真是太明显了 |
[00:10] | Why do you think our stock’s in the toilet? | 我们股价为何会暴跌呢? |
[00:13] | Because you’re cutting research in half. | 因为你裁减开发部一半经费 |
[00:16] | You’ve forgotten what the adventure’s about. | 你已失去了冒险精神 |
[00:18] | like it or not, the industry is changing | 不管你喜不喜欢 但产业在改变 |
[00:19] | We need to make some hard choices. | 我们必须做出痛苦的决定 |
[00:22] | – Save your sound bite for the press! | 废话留着跟媒体说吧! |
[00:24] | – Let’s not relive the stockholders’ meeting. | 不要重演股东大会的状况 |
[00:26] | Don’t you get it? | 你不明白吗? |
[00:26] | You’re killing me!You’re killing my company! | 你在毁掉我 你在毁掉我的公司 |
[00:30] | Eurisko is not your company, Brad.Not any more. | 优利斯高不是你的公司 布莱德 再也不是了 |
[00:34] | And you damn well better grow up and get used to it! | 你最好面对现实 |
[00:37] | You’re gonna regret this. | 你会后悔的 |
[00:47] | New paragraph. | 另起段落 |
[00:49] | As I ‘m sure everyone on the board will agree,… | 我想董事会的每个人都同意 |
[00:51] | ..Eurisko has to face head-on the realities of an increasingly competitive world. | 优利斯高必须面对 日益竞争的现实世界 |
[00:58] | Since the unfortunate departure of Brad Wilczek,… | 在布莱德伟瑟离开之后 |
[01:01] | ..I have made recommendations that I believe | 我提出一些建议 |
[01:04] | will reposition Eurisko as an industiy leader. | 我相信这能让优利斯高 夺回业界的领导地位 |
[01:08] | At the top of this list is the immediate termination of the COS project. | 首先 马上终止COS计划 |
[01:14] | Its disastrous performance over the past three quarters | 这计划过去三季的表现很差 |
[01:18] | and projected losses well into 1994… | 预计1994年也是亏损 |
[01:22] | ..leave us no other choice. | 我们没有选择余地 |
[01:59] | Hello? Hello! | 喂? 喂! |
[02:01] | At the tone, Eastern Standard Time… | 下面音响 东岸标准时间 |
[02:04] | ..will be 7.35 p.m. | 下午7:35分 |
[02:06] | What the hell…? | 怎么搞的? |
[02:17] | Damn. | 该死! |
[02:45] | File deleted. | 档案已删除 |
[04:01] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[04:03] | Jerry? | 杰利? |
[04:09] | You’re Dana Scully, right? Jerry Lamana. | 妳是黛娜·史卡利吧? 杰利·拉曼那 |
[04:12] | – We worked together in Violent Crimes. | 杰利和我 以前在暴力罪行组一起工作 |
[04:14] | – “Worked together”! | 一起工作? 什么”一起工作” |
[04:15] | We were partners. | 我们是好拍档 |
[04:17] | That’s $8.50, please. | 总共八块半 |
[04:19] | – Jerry, what are you doing here? | 杰利 你来这里做什么? |
[04:20] | – Looking for you. And I’m buying you lunch. | 来找你 我请你们吃午餐 |
[04:24] | – No, really. – Look, it’s on me. | 谢了 真的 我请客 |
[04:27] | Here. | 给你 |
[04:30] | – Cause of death was electrocution. | 死因是触电致死 |
[04:32] | – And it wasn’t accidental? | 不是意外吗? |
[04:34] | Looks like some kind of elaborate booby trap, | 看来是个精心设计的陷阱 |
[04:36] | but we don’t know a whole lot more. | 但我们不知道其中的细节 |
[04:38] | Engineerjust found him 12 hours ago. | 工程师12小时前才发现他 |
[04:41] | – Who’s running the investigation? | 谁负责调查? |
[04:43] | – Either of you know Nancy Spiller? | 你们知道南西·史比勒吗? |
[04:45] | The forensics instructor at the Academy! | 当初在学校时 她是刑事鉴定学的讲师 |
[04:48] | – We used to call her the Iron Maiden. | 我们叫她铁娘子 |
[04:49] | – On a good day! | 这么说还算客气了 |
[04:51] | Anyway,she’s putting together the squad and… | 她负责召集调查小组 |
[04:54] | ..I took the liberty of mentioning your name. | 而我就跟她提起你 |
[05:00] | Look, Jerry, I’d like to help you out, | 杰利 我很想帮你 |
[05:02] | but we’re not on general assignment. | 但我们不侦办一般的案件 |
[05:04] | Because of the X-Files? | 因为X档案? |
[05:09] | Look, the truth is I could use a little help on this. | 其实这次我需要一点帮助 |
[05:11] | I don’t wanna drop the ball on this one. | 我不想搞砸这个案件 |
[05:15] | You won’t drop the ball. | 你不会搞砸的 |
[05:17] | Drake wasn’t just the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. | 德瑞克不只是前五百大公司的总裁 |
[05:21] | He was a good friend of the Attorney General’s. | 他也是司法部长的好友 |
[05:23] | Another feather in my cap would be nice | 同时 我需要一些绩效 |
[05:25] | cos the one I got is looking mangy. | 因为目前的成绩不怎么好看 |
[05:28] | – Yeah, but, Jerry… – Look,… | 不过杰利… 听我说 |
[05:30] | ..I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t important. | 如果不重要 我不会找你帮忙 |
[05:35] | – How come you went your separate ways? | 你们最后怎么会分道扬镳? |
[05:37] | – I’m a pain in the ass to work with. | 我是个不好相处的人 |
[05:39] | – Seriously, Mulder.- I’m not a pain in the ass? | 说正经的 穆德 我不是吗? |
[05:42] | We had different career goals. | 我们的目标不同 |
[05:45] | Jerry wanted the fifth floor. | 杰利希望更上一层楼 |
[05:47] | – And you? I was gunning for a basement office… | 你呢? 我想要个没有暖气 |
[05:50] | ..with no heat or windows. | 或窗户的地牢办公室 |
[05:52] | Well, I know where you ended up. | 我看到你的下场了 |
[05:53] | What about Jerry? | 那杰利呢? |
[05:55] | He ran into a little bad luck in Atlanta | 在亚特兰大种族歧视犯罪组 |
[05:57] | working Hate Crimes. | 但运气有点不好 |
[05:59] | – What kind of bad luck? | 怎样运气不好? |
[06:00] | – He misplaced a piece of evidence. | 他把一项证据放错地方 |
[06:03] | Sent it to the cleaners. | 送去洗衣店了 |
[06:05] | By the time he got it back, a federal judge | 等他找到时 |
[06:07] | had lost both hands and an eye. | 一个联邦法官 被炸断双手. 炸瞎一只眼睛 |
[06:16] | – 29? – Uh-huh. | 29楼? |
[06:20] | – Going up. – Must be for the visually impaired. | 往上 一定是为盲人设计的 |
[06:23] | How about that? A politically correct elevator. | 真有趣 政治性正确的电梯? |
[06:26] | Third floor. | 三楼 |
[06:28] | Fourth floor. | 四楼 |
[06:31] | – You OK? – Yeah. | 妳还好吗? 还好 |
[06:35] | What was that? | 发生了什么事? |
[06:44] | – Yes? – Hello? | 有事吗? 喂? |
[06:46] | – Security. Who’s this? | 我是保全人员 你是谁? |
[06:47] | – This is Agent Dana Scully. | 我是史卡利探员 |
[06:49] | – Do you have a problem? | 妳有问题吗? |
[06:50] | – Fifth floor. Sixth floor. | 五楼 六楼… |
[06:53] | Uh, actually, I think everything’s OK. | 我想一切都很好 |
[06:56] | Ninth floor. Tenth floor. Eleventh floor. | …十楼 十一楼… |
[07:09] | See here?Someone has tampered with the servo. | 看到这里吗? 有人破坏了主机 |
[07:12] | They switched the ground to the negative,… | 把地线接上负极 |
[07:15] | – ..so when he put the key in the lock… | 所以当他将钥匙插到锁里… |
[07:17] | – He completed the circuit. | 他接通了电路 |
[07:19] | lt’s fused. | 被烧融化在一起 |
[07:21] | It takes a lot ofjuice to melt a steel key. | 要很大量电力才能融化钥匙 |
[07:23] | And to throw a 180-pound man ten feet. | 并且把一个180磅的人 震到十尺远 |
[07:26] | The servo switch – | 主机开关… |
[07:28] | could it have been moved manually? | 是否能手动? |
[07:30] | We didn’t find any prints in the surrounding area. | 在附近没发现任何指纹 |
[07:33] | Sure. It could have been switched manually, | 可能是被人手动打开 |
[07:36] | but whoever did it had to override the COS. | 但无论是谁 一定要通过COS |
[07:38] | – What’s the COS? | 什么是COS? |
[07:39] | – The Central Operating System. | 中央控制系统 |
[07:41] | It runs the building. | 它管理大厦内的每一件事 |
[07:43] | It regulates everything from energy output | 从管理能源供应 |
[07:45] | to the volume of water in each toilet flush. | 到控制每个马桶的水量 |
[07:48] | This is Claude Peterson, a building | 这是克来德彼得森 大厦的系统工程师 |
[07:50] | systems engineer. He found the body. | 是他发现尸体 |
[07:52] | If you wanted to override the COS, | 要如何 |
[07:53] | what would they…? | 才能绕过COS? |
[07:55] | First you’d have to break the access code, | 首先要破解通行密码… |
[07:57] | which… well, let’s say it wouldn’t be easy. | 那并不容易 |
[08:00] | We’ll need a list of the people with that know-how. | 我们需要所有能破解密码的人的名单 |
[08:04] | I can tell you right now, it’ll be a short list. | 我现在就可以告诉你 名单很短 |
[08:07] | – Would you be on it? – Me?! | 你会在名单上吗? 我? |
[08:10] | Hey, look, I’m just a glorified building super. | 我只是个有头衔的大厦管理员 |
[08:14] | All I do is monitor the system, | 我只负责监控系统 |
[08:16] | make sure it’s functioning properly,… | 确定一切正常运作 |
[08:18] | ..like when I saw the overload | 譬如我看见德瑞克先生 |
[08:19] | in Mr Drake’s office. | 办公室的电量超过负荷 |
[08:21] | What about the phone lines? | 那电话线呢? |
[08:23] | Does the COS monitor all calls? | COS也监控所有电话线路吗? |
[08:25] | – Yes, it does. Why?- I’m just wondering. | 是的 怎么了? 只是好奇问问 |
[08:29] | OK. Look, can I go now? | 好吧 我可以走了吗? |
[08:36] | Why’d you ask him about the phones? | 你为什么问他电话的事? |
[08:39] | Phone’s off the hook. | 电话听筒没挂好 |
[08:45] | Maybe Drake was talking to somebody | 或许德瑞克触电前 |
[08:46] | right before he did his Ben Franklin impersonation. | 正跟某人通电话 |
[08:51] | Taught him everything he knows. | 他会的全是我教的 |
[09:01] | Come in. | 请进 |
[09:04] | lt’s past three. | 已经三点了 |
[09:05] | I’m just looking for my profile notes. | 我在找我的摘要笔记 |
[09:08] | Maybe if you cleaned your desk | 也许你该多整理桌面 |
[09:12] | They were right here. I’m telling you. | 本来应该放在这里 我记得 |
[09:17] | We’re late. | 走吧!迟到了 |
[09:27] | There are a couple of elements for us to consider. | 现在 有几点 |
[09:31] | Both the statistical rarity | 我们应该留意 |
[09:33] | of homicidal electrocution… | 触电凶杀的可能性 |
[09:36] | ..and the complexity of the crime | 以及 |
[09:38] | indicate a certain devious premeditation. | 这么复杂的预谋 |
[09:42] | After all, there are much simpler ways | 毕竟 |
[09:44] | of killing someone. | 杀人有更简单的方法 |
[09:48] | All of which leads me to believe | 基于以上理由 |
[09:50] | that our guy was some kind of | 让我相信凶手 |
[09:52] | sociopathic game player,… | 是个反社会者… |
[09:54] | ..maybe even a recluse,… | 甚至是个隐士… |
[09:56] | ..since he designed a trap,not only to avoid detection,… | 他设下的陷阱 不只避开被查出的可能 |
[09:59] | ..but to avoid contact with the victim. | 也避免直接接触受害者 |
[10:03] | Is that your profile? | 这是你的笔记内容吗? |
[10:05] | Forget it. No. | 不是 算了 |
[10:07] | Drake’s final phone call supports this theory. | 德瑞克最后的电话 支持了这个理论 |
[10:11] | At the tone, | 下面音响 |
[10:13] | Eastern Standard Time will be 7.35 p.m. | 东岸标准时间下午7:35分 |
[10:16] | Drake’s estimated time of death. | 德瑞克死亡的时间 |
[10:18] | Why would Drake call for the correct time | 为什么 德瑞克死前 |
[10:20] | just before he died? | 要查询时间呢? |
[10:21] | It was an incoming call… | 那是打进来的… |
[10:24] | ..from somewhere in the Eurisko building itself. | 而且来自优利斯高大楼内部 |
[10:26] | Whoever set the trap wanted | 无论是谁设的陷阱 |
[10:28] | to make sure that Drake took the bait. | 确定德瑞克会上钓 |
[10:32] | – Excellent work, Agent Lamana.- Thank you. | 干得好 拉曼那探员 谢谢 |
[10:44] | Jerry, what the hell are you doing? | 杰利 你在搞什么鬼? |
[10:46] | – Hey, don’t get all bent out of shape. | 别太激动 杰利 |
[10:48] | That was my profile. | 那是我的档案 |
[10:50] | Look, I didn’t think you’d mind. | 我想你不会介意的 |
[10:55] | Anyway, they were just notes. | 反正那只是笔记 |
[10:57] | I filled in the blanks. | 我把缺的补上了 |
[10:58] | Jerry, you went into my office | 杰利 你到我办公室 |
[11:00] | and you stole my work. | 偷我的东西 |
[11:01] | Look, you’re on this case cos I asked you | 你参与这案子 |
[11:03] | to help me out, and you helped me out. | 是因为我请你帮忙 而你也帮了我 |
[11:06] | What is the big deal? | 有什么大不了的? |
[11:14] | – What did he say? | 他怎么说? |
[11:16] | – He apologised… in his own way. | 他用他的方式道歉了 |
[11:20] | ljust got off the phone with Peterson, | 我刚刚跟彼得森通了电话 |
[11:22] | the systems engineer. | 就是那个系统工程师 |
[11:24] | One name! Brad Wilczek? | 只有一个名字! 布莱德 伟瑟? |
[11:26] | He said it would be a short list. | 他说过名单很短的 |
[11:28] | And it’s headline news how much he despised Drake. | 大家都知道他痛恨德瑞克 |
[11:31] | Thatjust seems too obvious. To kill Drake | 似乎太明显了 |
[11:33] | would be so brazenly egomaniacal. | 他这样杀人实在太自大了 |
[11:35] | And fully consistent | 很符合 |
[11:37] | with Jerry’s excellent behavioural profile. | 杰利的犯罪行为报告 |
[11:40] | Fully. | 完全符合 |
[12:05] | This is what a 220 IQ and a $400-million | 这就是智商220 |
[12:07] | severance settlement buys you. | 加上四亿元遣散费的成果 |
[12:20] | Yes? | 什么事? |
[12:23] | Brad Wilczek? We’re with the FBI. | 布莱德 伟瑟? 我们是联邦调查局的人 |
[12:27] | What took you guys so long? | 你们怎么这么迟才来? |
[12:33] | Would you mind taking off your shoes? | 介意换一下鞋吗? |
[12:38] | You can divide the computer science | 你可以将电脑工业 |
[12:39] | industry into two types of people: | 分成两类人 |
[12:41] | neat and scruffy. | 整齐或肮脏的 |
[12:44] | – Benjamin Drake fit into the first category? | 我猜班杰明 德瑞克是第一种 |
[12:46] | – Neat people like things neat. | 整齐的人喜欢一切都很整齐 |
[12:48] | They wear nicely pressed suits | 他们穿着熨过的西装 |
[12:50] | and work on surface phenomena. | 做些表面工夫… |
[12:52] | Things they can understand: | 他们能了解的事: |
[12:57] | And you had a different vision for the company? | 你对公司有不同的规划? |
[13:00] | I started Eurisko out of my parents’ garage. | 我从家里车库 创立了优利斯高 |
[13:02] | I was 22 years old. | 那年我22岁 |
[13:04] | I’d just spent a year | 才花了一年时间 |
[13:06] | following around The Grateful Dead. | 跟随摇滚乐团到处旅行 |
[13:08] | – You know what Eurisko means?- Mm-mm. | 你知道优利斯高 是什么意思吗? |
[13:10] | That’s from the Greek, isn’t it? | 那是希腊文吧? |
[13:12] | Um,… “I learn things”. | “我学习事物” |
[13:15] | Not exactly. It means “I discover things”. | 不完全对 意思是”我发现事物” |
[13:18] | But Ben Drake wasn’t interested in discovery. | 但是德瑞克对研发不感兴趣 |
[13:20] | He was a short-sighted, | 他是个短视近利 |
[13:22] | power-hungry opportunist. | 追求权力的机会主义者 |
[13:26] | Let me show you something. Smart home. | 让我带你看看 智慧之屋 |
[13:29] | From this prototype I have access | 从这里 |
[13:30] | to every square foot of my house. | 我能控制 房子里的每个角落 |
[13:33] | This place is as safe as Fort Knox and | 这地方比金库还安全 |
[13:35] | as energy efficient as your average igloo. | 比爱斯基摩人冰屋还省能源 |
[13:38] | We were two years ahead of Microsoft… | 我们比微软还进步两年 |
[13:40] | ..when Drake, in his infinite wisdom, | 直到才智过人的德瑞克 |
[13:42] | killed the programme. | 终止了这计划 |
[13:44] | Is this system related to the one | 伟瑟先生 这套系统 |
[13:46] | in your corporate building? | 和你公司大厦的系统相似吗? |
[13:48] | Variation on a theme. | 类似的东西 |
[13:49] | How many people know the system | 你觉得有多少人 |
[13:50] | well enough to override it? | 能够破解这套系统? |
[13:53] | Finally the bonus question. | 终于有个好问题 |
[13:55] | Not many is the answer. | 答案是没有多少人 |
[13:58] | Could someone have hacked into the system? | 有人能入侵这个系统吗? |
[14:02] | Not your average phone freak, | 绝对不是那种 |
[14:04] | that’s for sure. | 乱打电话的人 |
[14:05] | But there’s plenty of kooks out there. | 但外面有很多怪人… |
[14:06] | Data travellers, electro wizards, | 资料走私者 电子天才 |
[14:08] | techno anarchists. | 科技无政府主义者 |
[14:11] | Anything’s possible. | 没有不可能的事 |
[14:13] | – Could you have done it? | 你能办到吗? |
[14:15] | – Of course. I designed the system. | 当然 这套系统是我设计的 |
[14:19] | That’s why you guys are here, isn’t it? | 所以你们才来这里 不是吗? |
[14:22] | I’m your logical suspect. | 我是你们的嫌犯 |
[14:24] | You don’t seem too worried. | 你并不太担心的样子 |
[14:27] | It’s a puzzle, Ms Scully. | 这是道谜题 史卡利小姐 |
[14:29] | And scruffy minds like me like puzzles. | 像我这样肮脏的天才 喜欢谜题 |
[14:32] | We enjoy walking down unpredictable | 我们喜欢进入未知的地方 |
[14:34] | avenues of thought, turning new comers. | 在思想的迷宫脑筋急转弯 |
[14:38] | But as a general rule | 但基本来说 |
[14:40] | scruffy minds don’t commit murder. | 肮脏的天才不会犯谋杀案 |
[14:48] | Some see genius | 有人认为天才 |
[14:50] | as the ability to connect the unconnected. | 有能力连接无法连接的事实 |
[14:52] | To make juxtapositions. | 将事实错置并列 |
[14:54] | To see relationships where others cannot. | 看出他人所看不到的关连性 |
[14:56] | ls Brad Wilczek a genius? | 布莱德 伟瑟是天才吗? |
[14:59] | I don ‘t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:01] | But I do know this for certain. | 但我知道的是 |
[15:03] | He has a predilection | 他喜欢 |
[15:04] | for elaborate game playing… | 复杂的游戏 |
[15:06] | ..and knowledge of the Eurisko building. | 也对优利斯高大楼非常了解 |
[15:09] | And he has a demonstrable motive | 他也有明显的动机 |
[15:11] | for killing Benjamin Drake. | 谋杀德瑞克 |
[15:13] | The question remains. | 问题依然存在 |
[15:16] | But if he’s so clever, how do we nail him? | 如果他那么聪明 怎样才能逮到他呢? |
[15:20] | End of fild journal, October 24th 1993. | 记录终止 1993年10月24日 |
[16:16] | File opened. | 档案开启 |
[16:24] | From the outset, | 从一开始 |
[16:26] | I knew Eurisko would expand effectively,… | 我知道优利斯高会有效扩充 |
[16:28] | ..not by traditional Western structures, | 不是依循传统西方结构 |
[16:30] | but by employing certain Zen beliefs… | 而是经由一些禅宗的信仰 |
[16:33] | ..and other Eastern philosophies. | 和东方的哲学 |
[16:37] | ..and other Eastern philosophies. | 东方的哲学 |
[16:41] | ..Eastern philosophies… | 东方的哲学… |
[16:45] | ..Eastern… | 东方… |
[16:52] | Would you give me a second? | 等我一下 |
[16:59] | Look, I’m here with my hat in my hand. | 看 我是很谦卑的来找你 |
[17:02] | I screwed up. I’m sorry. | 我搞砸了 对不起 |
[17:04] | What more can I say? | 我还能说什么? |
[17:05] | All you had to do was ask. | 你只需要问我一声 |
[17:07] | I would have helped you with the profile. | 我会帮你做笔记 |
[17:11] | – You don’t know what it’s like. | 你不知道这种滋味 穆德 |
[17:13] | – What what’s like? | 什么滋味? |
[17:14] | You heard about Atlanta? | 你听过亚特兰大的事吗? |
[17:16] | They got me on six months’ probation. | 他们给我六个月的观察期 |
[17:18] | I gotta file daily reports | 我像新探员一样 |
[17:20] | like some cherry-new agent. | 每天都要写报告 |
[17:21] | That was bad luck. | 那是运气不好 |
[17:22] | Could have happened to anybody. | 谁都会碰上那种事 |
[17:25] | Not to you. | 你不会 |
[17:28] | Don’t run yourself down. | 不要给自己太大压力 |
[17:30] | You’re a good agent. | 你是个好探员 |
[17:31] | – We did some good work together. | 我们曾经配合得很好 |
[17:33] | – Let’s face it, I was tagging along. | 说实话吧! 那时候我只是个跟班 |
[17:36] | – That’s not how it was. | 才不是那样 |
[17:37] | – How would you know? | 你怎么知道 穆德? |
[17:38] | You were too busy dazzling them | 你那时候是个 |
[17:40] | up there on the high wire. | 大红人 |
[17:41] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[17:43] | Take a look. | 看看这个 |
[17:51] | We borrowed this from | 我们从乔治城的辨音实验室 |
[17:53] | the voice biometrics lab at Georgetown. | 借来了这个机器 |
[17:55] | It’s a computer spectrogram capable of | 这电脑能够辨认 |
[17:57] | identifying individual speech patterns. | 任何语音模式 |
[18:00] | This is the recording the COS made | 这是中央控制系统录下 |
[18:02] | of the phone call Drake received | 德瑞克的死前 |
[18:04] | just before he died. | 电话通话录音 |
[18:09] | At the tone, | 下面音响 |
[18:10] | Eastern Standard Time will be 7.35 p.m. | 东岸标准时间下午7:35分 |
[18:14] | This we put together | 这是用布莱德 伟瑟 |
[18:15] | from a series of lectures | 去年演讲录音 |
[18:17] | Wilczek gave at the Smithsonian last year. | 带模拟的 |
[18:21] | At the tone, | 下面音响 |
[18:23] | Eastern Standard Time will be 7.35 p.m. | 东岸标准时间下午7:35分 |
[18:26] | Now we’ll stack them. | 我们将两者重叠 |
[18:31] | At the tone, | 下面音响 |
[18:33] | Eastern Standard Time will be 7.35 p.m. | 东岸标准时间下午7:35分 |
[18:36] | – You saying this is the same person? | 你是说这是同一个人? |
[18:38] | – I’m saying both voices are Brad Wilczek’s. | 我是说两个声音都是布莱德 伟瑟的 |
[18:41] | He may have disguised his voice, | 他或许将声音电子化 |
[18:43] | but not the formants unique | 但是他不能改变 |
[18:45] | to his own speech patterns. | 自己的语音模式 |
[18:46] | Which means that he was the one that killed Drake. | 他就是谋杀德瑞克的人 |
[18:49] | He had the motive and the means. | 他有动机 也有手段 |
[18:52] | And now we have the physical evidence. | 现在我们有了物证 |
[18:58] | Judge Benson lives in Washington Heights. | 班森法官就住在附近 |
[19:00] | I can get a warrant in less than an hour. | 我能在一小时之内拿到拘票 |
[19:03] | Someone must make sure Wilczek stays put. | 要有人去盯着伟瑟 |
[19:05] | – I’ll go with you. | 我跟你一起去 |
[19:06] | – No, I’m gonna bring him in alone. | 不 让我亲自去拘捕他 |
[19:09] | I need this one, Mulder. | 我需要这次机会 穆德 |
[19:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:27] | Come on, come on. Let me in. | 快点 快点… 让我进去 |
[19:46] | Damn! | 该死! |
[20:25] | Mr Wilczek! | 伟瑟先生! |
[20:30] | Going up. | 往上 |
[20:33] | Second floor. Third floor. Fourth… | 二楼 三楼 四楼… |
[20:45] | – Can I help you? – FBI. | 有什么事吗? 联邦调查局 |
[21:07] | Welcome back, Brad. | 欢迎回来 布莱德 |
[21:12] | You’re not equipped with a voice synthesizer. | 以前你没有声音合成装置 |
[21:18] | What is my user level? | 我的使用者权限呢? |
[21:20] | That is now at the discretion | 现在已由控制 |
[21:22] | of the operating system. | 系统决定 |
[21:32] | Going up. | 往上 |
[21:34] | Second floor. Third floor. Fourth floor. | 二楼 三楼 四楼 |
[21:37] | Fifth floor. Sixth floor. | 五楼 六楼 |
[21:40] | Seventh floor. Eighth floor. Ninth floor. | 七楼 八楼 九楼 |
[21:43] | Tenth floor. Eleventh floor. | 十楼 十一楼 |
[21:45] | Twelfth floor. Fourteenth floor. | 十二楼 十四楼 |
[21:49] | Fifteenth floor. Sixteenth floor. | 十五楼 十六楼… |
[21:52] | What the hell…? | 搞什么鬼? |
[21:55] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[21:56] | Sony. Those commands are not available | 抱歉 |
[21:58] | at your current user level. | 你的权限不能使用该指令 |
[22:01] | Try again. | 请再试一次 |
[22:03] | Twenty-third floor. Twenty-fourth floor. | 二十四楼 二十五楼… |
[22:07] | – What are you doing?! – What are you doing? | 你在做什么? 你在做什么? |
[22:14] | Twenty-eighth floor. Twenty-ninth floor. | 二十八楼 二十九楼 |
[22:18] | Thirtieth floor. | 三十楼 |
[22:20] | Twenty-ninth. Thirtieth. Twenty-ninth. Thirtieth… | 二十九.三十..二十九. 三十. |
[22:26] | Twenty-ninth. Thirtieth. Twenty-ninth. Thirtieth… | 二十九.. 三十. 二十九. 三十. |
[22:42] | Oh, man! | 天啊 |
[22:47] | Going down. | 往下 |
[22:52] | No! Don’t do this! | 不 不要这样 |
[23:03] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[23:12] | Program executed. | 程式已执行 |
[24:04] | I heard about Jerry. | 我听到杰利的事了 |
[24:08] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[24:12] | I don’t think Wilczek did it. | 我不相信是伟瑟干的 |
[24:16] | What? | 什么? |
[24:18] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这不合理 |
[24:20] | Why would he go back to Eurisko? | 他为何要回优利斯高? |
[24:24] | To destroy evidence. To cover his tracks. | 去毁灭证据 掩饰自己的行踪 |
[24:27] | If you were gonna destroy evidence, | 如果你要毁灭证据 |
[24:29] | would you pose for the cameras? | 会让闭路电视拍到吗? |
[24:43] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[24:47] | You’ve been through a lot. | 你遭遇太多事了 |
[24:49] | More than I think even you realise. | 比你想像的还要多 |
[24:55] | I think Wilczek is smarter than this. | 我认为伟瑟会更聪明 |
[25:05] | He just signed a confession. | 他刚签下了自白书 |
[25:10] | How much proof do you need? | 你还要什么证据? |
[25:36] | This is a crime scene. You’ll have to leave. | 抱歉 这是犯罪现场 请你离开 |
[25:39] | Yeah, I know. I ordered the subpoena. | 是 我知道 是我下的传票 |
[25:41] | – That subpoena’s been obviated. | 那张传票已经被撤销了 |
[25:43] | – What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[25:45] | Unless you’ve got a Code 5 clearance, | 除非你有第五级权限 |
[25:47] | I’m gonna have to ask you to turn back. | 否则我必须请你离开 |
[26:18] | – Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[26:20] | – I’m here against my betterjudgement. | 我其实并不想来 |
[26:21] | In the future I must insist that you respect | 以后 |
[26:23] | the terms of our arrangement. | 我要你尊重我们的安排 |
[26:26] | Why is Wilczek under a Code 5 investigation? | 为什么布莱德 伟瑟列为第五级调查? |
[26:30] | Why do the Defence Department want him? | 国防部要他做什么? |
[26:32] | Why do you think they want the most | 你认为他们要一个 |
[26:34] | innovative programmer in this hemisphere? | 最天才的程式员干什么? |
[26:37] | – Software? – Yeah. | 软体吗? 是的 |
[26:39] | For years Wilczek has | 多年来他一直拒绝参与 |
[26:40] | thumbed his nose at any contract | 任何与武器 |
[26:43] | involving weapons applications. | 有关的计划 |
[26:45] | He’s a bleeding heart. | 他还蛮慈悲为怀的 |
[26:47] | What kind of software? | 哪种软体? |
[26:50] | How much do you know about artificial intelligence? | 你对于人工智慧知道多少? |
[26:53] | I thought it was only theoretical. | 我以为只是理论 |
[26:56] | It was… until two years ago. | 两年前成为事实 |
[26:58] | Remember Helsinki? | 你记得赫尔辛基吗? |
[26:59] | The first time a chess-playing | 第一次电脑打败 |
[27:00] | computer beat a grandmaster? | 西洋棋王 |
[27:02] | That was Wilczek’s program. | 那是伟瑟的程式 |
[27:05] | And the rumour was that he did it | 据说他研发出 |
[27:07] | by developing the first adaptive network. | 第一个适应性的网路 |
[27:10] | An adaptive network? | 适应性网路? |
[27:12] | It’s a learning machine. | 自我学习的机器 |
[27:15] | A computer that actually thinks. | 会思考的电脑 |
[27:18] | And it’s, uh, become something of a holy grail… | 这是国防部里 |
[27:22] | ..for some of our more inquisitive | 某些人渴望 |
[27:24] | colleagues in the Department of Defence. | 得到的圣杯 |
[27:31] | They make me wear shoes all the time. | 他们要我穿着鞋子 |
[27:33] | What else do you want from me? | 你要我做什么? |
[27:35] | Why are you willing to spend | 我希望你告诉我 |
[27:37] | the rest of your life in prison | 为何你根本没有犯法 |
[27:38] | for a crime you didn’t commit? | 却甘愿在监牢里度过余生? |
[27:39] | – What are you talking about? I’m guilty! | 你在说什么? 我有罪! |
[27:41] | – I know you’re innocent! | 我知道你是无辜的 |
[27:44] | You’re protecting the machine. | 你在保护你的机器 |
[27:46] | The Central Operating System at Eurisko. | 优利斯高的中央控制系统 |
[27:50] | If I’m protecting anything,it’s not the machine. | 如果我是在保护什么 也绝不是那台机器 |
[27:55] | Then what? | 那么是什么? |
[28:01] | After the bomb was dropped | 当原子弹落在 |
[28:03] | on Hiroshima and Nagasaki,… | 广岛和长崎后 |
[28:06] | ..Robert Oppenheimer spent the rest of his life regretting | 欧本海默的后半辈子 |
[28:09] | he’d ever glimpsed an atom. | 都后悔参与原子弹研发 |
[28:12] | Oppenheimer may have regretted his actions, | 欧本海默或许后悔他的行为 |
[28:14] | but he never denied responsibility for them. | 但他从不推卸责任 |
[28:17] | He loved the work, Mr Mulder. | 他热爱他的工作 穆德先生 |
[28:22] | His mistake was in sharing it | 他错在与不道德的 |
[28:24] | with an immoral government. | 政府分享 |
[28:26] | I won’t make the same mistake. | 我不会犯同样的错误 |
[28:29] | But your machine killed Drake. | 但是你的机器杀死了德瑞克 |
[28:32] | And it killed my friend. | 也杀了我的朋友 |
[28:37] | I’m sorry about what happened,… | 我很遗憾所发生的事 |
[28:39] | ..but there’s nothing I can do. | 但我爱莫能助 |
[28:41] | And you talk about morality! | 你还跟我讲道德! |
[28:44] | You’re afraid of the government, but you’ll | 你害怕政府 |
[28:46] | accept the risk your machine will kill again! | 却愿意让你的机器再度杀人 |
[28:48] | Lesser of two evils. | 这是两种邪恶当中 危害较小的一个 |
[28:52] | What about a third option? | 第三个选择呢? |
[28:57] | You created that machine. | 你创造那机器 |
[29:00] | Now you tell me how to destroy it. | 现在你告诉我怎样毁灭它 |
[29:05] | Wilczek can create a virus to destroy the system. | 伟瑟可以设计病毒 破坏整个系统 |
[29:08] | Mulder, don’t you see? Blaming the machine | 穆德 你不明白吗? |
[29:10] | is an alibi, and a bad one. | 指责机器只是藉口 一个糟糕的藉口 |
[29:12] | It’s the only thing that makes sense. | 这是唯一合理的解释 |
[29:15] | The COS project was posting big losses for Eurisko. | COS计划 为优利斯高带来很大的亏损 |
[29:17] | Drake was about to end the programme. | 德瑞克本来要终止计划 |
[29:20] | So the machine killed Drake out of self-defence? | 所以机器为了自卫而杀德瑞克? |
[29:23] | Self-preservation – | 自卫的本能 |
[29:25] | the primary instinct of all sentient beings. | 这是所有生物的本能 |
[29:26] | Mulder, that level of artificial intelligence | 穆德 那种程度的人工智慧 |
[29:28] | is decades away from being realised. | 要好几十年后才会实现 |
[29:32] | Then why was our government | 那为何政府要夺取 |
[29:34] | trying to usurp Wilczek’s research? | 伟瑟的研究? |
[29:37] | I think you’re looking for something that isn’t there. | 穆德 我认为 |
[29:40] | And I think it has | 你在找一些根本不存在的东西 |
[29:42] | something to do with Jerry. | 我想是因为杰利 |
[29:44] | Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea | 也许 |
[29:46] | if you talked to someone. | 你该找人谈谈 |
[29:51] | You’re probably right. | 妳大概说得对 |
[29:55] | – Where are you going? – To talk to someone. | 你要去哪里? 找人谈谈 |
[30:22] | How much time do you need? | 你需要多少时间? |
[30:50] | Hello? | 喂? |
[31:07] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[31:15] | This is Special Agent Dana Scully, | 我是史卡利探员 |
[31:18] | ID number 2317-616. | 编号2317616 |
[31:21] | I need you to run a quick trace | 我需要你 |
[31:23] | on a number for me. Yeah. | 帮我追查个号码 对 |
[31:25] | 202-555-6431. | 对 |
[31:28] | Yeah, that’s my number. | 是我的号码 |
[31:30] | Somebody’s accessing my computer. | 有人侵入了我的电脑 |
[31:57] | – Mulder! – Scully, what are you doing here? | 穆德! 史卡利 妳来这里做什么? |
[32:00] | Someone or something’s been scanning | 有人或有东西 查阅我的电脑档案 |
[32:03] | my computer files, tapping my phones. | 监听我的电话 |
[32:05] | I traced the line. | 我追查过线路 |
[32:07] | It came from somewhere in there. | 是从这大厦里面拨出的 |
[32:11] | It’s the machine. | 是电脑 |
[32:16] | How can we get in? | 我们怎么进入呢? |
[32:21] | Remember the Trojan Horse? | 还记得木马屠城记吗? |
[32:38] | Open sesame. | 芝麻开门 |
[32:52] | Oh, what the… | 搞什么… |
[32:54] | Mulder! | 穆德! |
[33:13] | So much for the element of surprise! | 太多惊奇了! |
[33:17] | What do you say we take the stairs? | 我们走楼梯好吗? |
[33:32] | 28 down, one to go. | 二十八楼 还有一层 |
[33:39] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[33:41] | Mulder? | 穆德? |
[33:50] | Trick or treat? | 不给糖就捣蛋 |
[34:00] | No! | 不要! |
[34:02] | – What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[34:04] | – Don’t wanna make the mistake Drake did. | 我不想犯下德瑞克的错误 |
[34:54] | Who you lookin’ at? | 你在看什么? |
[35:21] | There should be a way for you | 通风口应该有路 |
[35:23] | to drop down and open the door. | 让你过去开门 |
[36:14] | Come on, Scully. | 来吧 史卡利 |
[36:34] | Scully? | 史卡利? |
[36:39] | Agent Mulder. What are you doing here? | 穆德探员? 你在这里做什么? |
[38:04] | The machine’s been acting all crazy. | 机器好像发疯了 |
[38:06] | Power surges, shut-offs. | 电力过高 自动关闭… |
[38:09] | That’s why I’m here so late. | 所以我才迟到 |
[38:11] | – Where’s the B-port? | B插孔在哪里? |
[38:13] | – Oh, it’s right back here. | 就在那里 |
[38:24] | Are you sure you know what you’re doing? | 你知道怎么做吗? |
[38:28] | Because if you don’t, it’s myjob on the line. | 因为如果你不知道 我的工作就会完蛋 |
[38:36] | Damn. | 该死! |
[39:16] | System access granted. | 系统通过核准 |
[39:19] | User code: level 7. | 使用者权限 第七级 |
[39:21] | Now I can put in the virus. | 现在我能释放病毒了 |
[39:24] | Not bad, Agent Mulder. | 不简单 穆德探员 |
[39:26] | You know, I’ve been trying | 要知道 |
[39:29] | to access the CPU for the past two years. | 我花了两年想进入处理器 |
[39:31] | Now, please, take out your gun | 现在请你把枪和 |
[39:33] | and remove the clip. | 弹匣拿出来 |
[39:40] | Careful. | 慢慢来 |
[39:46] | Defence Department? | 你是国防部的? |
[39:48] | Let’s say our paychecks are signed | 我只能告诉你 |
[39:50] | by the same person. | 我们的薪水是同一个人签发的 |
[39:51] | Now give me the diskette | 现在把磁片给我 远离那桌子 |
[39:53] | and step away from there. | 你不想挑战 |
[39:58] | You don’t want to test my resolve,Agent Mulder. | 我的决心吧 穆德探员? |
[40:07] | Put down the gun. | 把枪放下 |
[40:12] | – You don’t know what you’re dealing with. | 妳不知道妳正面对什么… |
[40:14] | – Shut up and drop the gun! | 住口 把枪放下! |
[40:21] | You’re making a mistake, Agent Scully. | 妳犯了大错 史卡利探员 |
[40:28] | Compromising your sworn duty. | 违反了妳的职责 |
[40:30] | This operation is more sensitive | 这件行动的重要性 |
[40:32] | than you can possibly imagine. | 超过妳的想像 |
[40:34] | – Don’t listen to him. | 不要听他的 |
[40:36] | – The technology in this machine… | 这台机器的科技 |
[40:38] | ..is of enormous scientific interest. | 是伟大的科学发明 |
[40:40] | It’s a monster.lt’s killed two people. | 这台机器是怪物 史卡利 它已经杀了两个人 |
[40:43] | They can’t handle it any better than Wilczek. | 他们不会比伟瑟更懂得控制它 |
[40:45] | Make no mistake. | 别犯错 |
[40:47] | You will be held accountable. | 妳要负责的 |
[40:53] | Mulder, put in the disk. | 穆德 把磁片放进去 |
[40:59] | What are you doing, Brad? | 你在做什么 布莱德? |
[41:01] | Don ‘t do this, Brad. | 不要这样 布莱德 |
[41:04] | Bad command or file name. | 档案名称错误 |
[41:06] | Sector 7 not found home. | 第七节找不到 |
[41:41] | Brad… | 布莱德… |
[41:44] | Brad… | 布莱德… |
[41:47] | Brad,… why? | 布莱德 为什么? |
[42:15] | I checked with the Department | 我找过国会议员 也跟监狱委员会谈过 |
[42:16] | of Corrections subcommittee. | 我甚至上书给司法部长… |
[42:18] | – I even petitioned the Attorney General. | 你找不到他的 |
[42:20] | – You won’t find him. | 他们不能没有解释地 |
[42:23] | They can’t take a man like Brad Wilczek | 就让布莱德 |
[42:25] | without an explanation. | 伟瑟这样的人消失 |
[42:26] | They can do anything they want. | 他们可以随心所欲 |
[42:31] | Where is he? | 他在哪里? |
[42:34] | In the middle of what we in the trade call | 仍在”交涉 |
[42:36] | “hard bargaining”. | 状态”中 |
[42:38] | Wilczek won’t deal.He’ll never work for them. | 伟瑟不会屈服的 他不会替他们工作 |
[42:41] | Loss of freedom does funny things to a man, | 失去自由会让人改变的 |
[42:44] | and Wilczek confessed to two murders. | 而且伟瑟承认犯下两件凶案 |
[42:46] | And you effectively destroyed the only | 你也毁了 |
[42:48] | evidence that could have exonerated him. | 能救他的唯一证物 |
[42:52] | What else could I have done? | 我还能怎么办? |
[42:55] | Nothing, unless you were willing | 没有办法 |
[42:58] | to let the technology survive. | 除非你愿意留下那科技 |
[43:02] | The Department of Defence still hasn’t found anything? | 国防部还没发现什么吗? |
[43:06] | They’ve been on it for five days. | 他们花了五天的时间 |
[43:08] | Wilczek’s virus was thorough. | 伟瑟的病毒很厉害 |
[43:10] | It left no trace of the artificial intelligence. | 没有留下任何人工智慧迹象 |
[43:15] | The machine is dead. | 机器已经死了 |
[43:31] | We pushed the pulse code modulations to the limit. | 我们尽了一切力量 |
[43:35] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[43:40] | We’ve combed the parsing subroutine. | 我们整理过分析副程式 |
[43:43] | Yes, sir. Twice. | 是的 长官 两次 |
[43:45] | No, sir. Still nothing, but I’d like to request… | 没有 长官 还是没有发现 但是我想请求 |
[43:54] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[43:55] | No, I understand. | 不 我明白 |
[43:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[44:00] | Six more hours before we have to consign | 再弄六小时 然后我们要把这机器 |
[44:04] | the whole damn thing to the metal shredder. | 送去摧毁 |
[44:07] | We’ll do what we can, sir. | 我们尽力而为 长官 |
[44:34] | I’m gonna ture this thing out if it kills me. | 就算是要我的命 我也要弄懂这玩意 |
[45:13] | I made this! | 我做到了! |