时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:52] | God… | 天啊 |
[00:55] | – What are you doing to Barnett? – Excuse me? | 你对巴奈特做了什么? 你说什么? |
[00:57] | What are you doing to Johnny? | 你对约翰做了什么? |
[01:01] | Go back to your ward. | 你回病房去 |
[01:02] | There’s nothing you can do for your friend now. | 你现在没法为你的朋友做些什么了 |
[01:06] | – What? – John Barnett is dead. | 什么? 约翰 巴奈特死了 |
[01:08] | No, I heard him screaming. | 不 我听到他尖叫 |
[01:14] | I said John Barnett is dead. | 我说约翰 巴奈特死了 |
[01:16] | You understand? | 你明白吗? |
[01:22] | Go on, Crandall. Get outta here. | 去吧 克蓝多 你走吧 |
[01:26] | There’s nothing more to see here. You understand? | 这里没什么好看 明白吗? |
[02:35] | I still don’t get it. What does this have to do with us? | 我仍然不明白 这跟我们有什么关系? |
[02:38] | Robbing a jewelery store is a federal crime. | 抢劫珠宝店是联邦罪行 |
[02:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[02:43] | I don’t know. I got a call | 我不知道 我接到电话 |
[02:44] | from a guy I worked with in Violent Crimes. | 以前在暴力犯罪组的同事打的 |
[02:46] | Said it was important. | 说这件案子很重要 |
[02:54] | Reggie! Reggie! | 瑞奇… |
[02:57] | Mulder! I hate it when you do that. | 穆德 我真讨厌你这样叫我 |
[02:59] | This is Special Agent Scully. Reggie Purdue. | 这是史卡利探员 这是瑞奇·普度 |
[03:02] | – How are you? – Fine. What happened here? | 你好吗? 你好 这里发生什么事? |
[03:05] | Lone gunman took out a | 枪手在售货员装满一袋珠宝给他后 |
[03:06] | salesgirl after she filled up a bag for him. | 杀死了售货员 |
[03:10] | You guys turn up anything? | 发现了什么吗? |
[03:13] | Not much, except… | 不多 除了 |
[03:16] | ..This. | 这个 |
[03:17] | It’s gonna blow your mind. | 这会让你嚇一跳 |
[03:19] | Why? | 为什么? |
[03:21] | I’m telling you, Mulder, this is going to blow… your… mind. | 告诉你 穆德 这铁定让你嚇一跳 |
[03:28] | – What is it? – Wait… wait a second. | 这是什么? 等等… |
[03:31] | – See why I called you? – What about witness descriptions? | 知道我为何找你了吧? 目击者的描述呢? |
[03:35] | White male, five-eleven to six feet, ski mask. | 白人男性 5呎7吋到6呎高 戴滑雪面罩 |
[03:40] | – Damn it, Reggie. That’s Barnett. – Yeah, but it can’t be. | 该死 瑞奇 那是巴奈特 但这不可能 |
[03:45] | Who’s Barnett? | 谁是巴奈特? |
[03:51] | It was my first case at the Bureau. | 这是我在局里的第一宗案件 |
[03:54] | Barnett was doing armed | 巴奈特在华盛顿特区持枪犯案 |
[03:55] | jobs all over DC and getting away with it. | 而且逍遥法外 |
[03:57] | He killed seven people. | 他天生嗜杀 杀了七个人 |
[04:00] | There was this big task force. | 调查局组织了专案小组 |
[04:01] | Reggie was my ASAC. | 瑞奇是协助我办案的探员 |
[04:03] | I was 28 years old. Right out of the Academy. | 当时我28岁 刚毕业 |
[04:05] | I had this theory on the case. Reggie thought I was full of it. | 我对这个案子有个推论 瑞奇认为我满口胡言 |
[04:10] | I was full of it. | 那倒是不假 |
[04:11] | – What was the theory? – That Barnett had an inside connection. | 什么推论? 巴奈特有个内应 |
[04:15] | An employee at the armored car | 一个装甲汽车公司的雇员 |
[04:16] | company was tipping him off. I was sort of right. | 每次有大笔现金运输就通知他 我算是猜对了 |
[04:20] | Sort of? | 算是? |
[04:21] | Yeah, we planted bogus way | 对 我们伪造了假出货单 |
[04:22] | bills with the armored car company to set a trap. | 和装甲汽车公司设下陷阱 |
[04:25] | But Barnett was way ahead of us. | 但巴奈特老是抢先我们一步 |
[04:27] | That’s when the notes started. | 这时候字条开始出现 |
[04:30] | “Fox can’t guard the chicken coop.” | 狐狸穆德没法守卫鸡笼 |
[04:33] | Clever, huh? | 很聪明 对吧? |
[04:35] | So you never caught him? | 所以你们没抓到他 |
[04:37] | No, we did. We did, but not… uh… | 不 我们抓到他了 我们抓到他 但… |
[04:40] | ..Not clean. | 不够俐落 |
[04:41] | An agent died because I screwed up. | 一个探员死了… 因为我砸锅了 |
[04:47] | And what happened to Barnett? | 巴奈特怎么了? |
[04:49] | He avoided the death penalty on a technicality,… | 他逃过死刑 |
[04:52] | ..But he went down for every job he did. | 但他要为所做的负责 |
[04:55] | Consecutive terms: 340 years. | 被判坐340年牢 |
[04:57] | The judge promised me he’d die in prison. | 法官向我保证他会老死狱中 |
[04:59] | So you think he escaped? | 你认为他逃狱了吗? |
[05:02] | No, that’s just it. He did die in prison, four years ago. | 不 问题就出在这里 四年前他死在监狱里 |
[05:06] | You’re sure? | 你确定? 我一直在注意他 |
[05:14] | This guy a friend of yours? | 这傢伙是你的朋友? |
[05:17] | Yeah, I play golf with him every Sunday. | 是的 每个星期日 我与他打高尔夫球 |
[05:19] | What do you think? | 你认为如何? |
[05:20] | You just brought this in ten minutes ago. | 你十分钟前才拿这个给我 |
[05:23] | You’re slipping, Henderson. | 你宝刀老了 韩得森 |
[05:26] | Ten minutes may be enough time for you. | 十分钟对你也许足够 穆德 |
[05:28] | Course, I wouldn’t know from experience. | 当然 这不是我的经验谈 |
[05:31] | Yeah… Seriously, what do you think? | 认真地 你认为如何? |
[05:33] | OK, first impressions: the ink is fresh, | 好吧 第一印象是… |
[05:36] | the note was written in the last 48 hours. | 墨水很新 是48小时内写好的 |
[05:40] | Ballpoint, but you knew that. | 原子笔 但你已经知道这点 |
[05:43] | A right-hander. Let’s see… | 用右手的 我们看看 |
[05:46] | Written by someone sitting down. Now I’m just showing off. | 是坐着写的 现在我只是在卖弄 |
[05:49] | Yeah. Does it match Barnett? | 是呀 和巴奈特笔迹吻合吗? |
[05:53] | I’d say it’s him. | 我会说是他写的 |
[05:55] | But you’re not sure? 95 per cent. | 你确定吗 95%是他 |
[05:59] | Writing’s sloppy. Some | 写得很草 |
[06:00] | of the ascenders and descenders are heavier. | 起笔和落笔处很重 |
[06:03] | Could it have been traced over an old note of Barnett’s? | 可能是照着巴奈特的笔迹写的吗? |
[06:07] | Could be, but it’s a damn good job if it is. | 可能 如果是模仿 学得真是唯妙唯肖 |
[06:10] | Thanks, Henderson. I owe you one. | 谢谢 韩得森 我欠你一个人情 |
[06:13] | Promises, promises. | 你总是空口说白话 |
[06:18] | There’s Barnett. We staked out an airport warehouse,… | 那是巴奈特 我们监视着机场仓库 |
[06:21] | ..But everything went to hell | 但当巴奈特挟持司机 |
[06:23] | when Barnett took the driver of the armored truck hostage. | 就天下大乱了 |
[06:26] | Where’s Mulder? | 穆德在哪里? |
[06:29] | There, coming round back. Barnett doesn’t see him. | 那儿 就在后面 巴奈特没看到他 |
[06:35] | – He’s got a clear shot. – Yeah. He should have taken it. | 穆德可以开枪打他的 |
[06:40] | But he couldn’t. | 是呀 他应该这么做 |
[06:41] | No, no, not with the hostage so close. | 但他不能这样做 |
[06:46] | Because it’s not by the book. | 不… 人质这么近时不能开枪 |
[06:49] | It would have saved one life, maybe two. | 因为规定不能 |
[06:53] | Bastard Barnett just started blasting away. | 本来可以保住一条人命的 可能两条人命 |
[07:00] | So Mulder did shoot Barnett. | 穆德对巴奈特开枪了 |
[07:03] | Twice – in the shoulder and hand. | 两枪 打中他的肩膀和手 |
[07:05] | But not before Barnett killed the driver… | 但没在巴奈特杀了司机 |
[07:08] | ..And Agent Steve Wallenberg. | 和探员史迪夫 华伦伯前 |
[07:10] | Mulder… never forgave himself for that. | 穆德永远也不会原谅自己 |
[07:14] | You should have heard his testimony at Barnett’s trial. | 你应该听听他在巴奈特审判上的供词 |
[07:18] | Probably had a lotto do with the sentence Barnett got. | 也许大大影响了巴奈特的判决 |
[07:21] | I’ll never forget Mulder coming down from the witness stand… | 我永远不会忘记 穆德走下证人席时… |
[07:26] | ..And Barnett turning and saying he’d get Mulder. | 巴奈特转过来说 他会报复穆德的那一刻 |
[07:30] | To tell you the truth, I wish | 老实说 |
[07:32] | Mulder had killed Barnett right there in the warehouse. | 我真希望穆德 在仓库那里就杀了巴奈特 |
[07:50] | – What did Henderson come up with? | 韩得森发现了什么? |
[07:51] | – 95 per cent sure it’s Barnett’s handwriting. | 95%的机率是巴奈特的笔迹 |
[07:54] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[07:56] | Federal Bureau of Prisons | 联邦调查局监狱 |
[07:57] | sent me a copy of his death certificate. | 寄给我一份他死亡证明的副本 |
[08:00] | Name of deceased: Barnett, | 死者 约翰 巴奈特 |
[08:01] | John Irvine. Cause of death: cardiac arrest. | 死因 心搏猝止 |
[08:04] | September 16th 1989. | 日期 1989年9月16日 |
[08:07] | – Then it must be a very clever copycat. | 那就是有人巧妙模仿他的笔迹 |
[08:09] | – The note was written in the last 48 hours. | 这是48小时内写的 |
[08:12] | – Pull any prints? – No prints. | 有任何指纹吗? 没有 |
[08:14] | Barnett had time in prison | 当巴奈特在监狱时 他有很多时间 |
[08:15] | to plan this with someone on the outside. | 也许他计划和监狱外的人共谋 |
[08:18] | – Revenge from the grave? A neat trick. | 从坟墓里报仇? 这招倒是很高明 |
[08:20] | – He planned to get you, didn’t he? | 他计划要向你报复 对吧? |
[08:26] | I was just down talking to Agent Purdue. | 我刚和普度探员对话 |
[08:29] | He show you the video tape? | 他给你看录影带? |
[08:35] | – You did the right thing, Mulder. – Did I? | 你做得对 穆德 是吗? |
[08:38] | Steve Wallenberg had a wife and two kids. | 史迪夫 华伦伯 有妻子和两个小孩 |
[08:41] | One boy is an all-star on his football team now. | 其中一个男孩 现在是橄榄球队的球星了 |
[08:43] | I shoot two seconds earlier | 如果我早两秒开枪 |
[08:45] | and Wallenberg’d be here to see his kid play. | 华伦现在就可看他的孩子打球 |
[08:48] | Instead, I got some dead man | 现在我却拿到一个 |
[08:50] | robbing jewelery stores and sending me haikus. | 抢劫珠宝店的死人给我的诗句 |
[08:55] | Let’s go! | 准备好! |
[08:57] | Go, go, go. Right in there! | 上呀! 冲呀 丢过去 |
[09:03] | Very good! | 太棒了! |
[09:06] | Way to go, Alec. | 坚持下去 亚力 |
[09:10] | Two! One! Hut! | 蹲下 准备! 冲! |
[10:22] | I’ll get you, you son of a bitch! | 我会捉到你的 你这个杂种! |
[10:53] | I’ve been thinking about it, Mulder, | 我想过了 穆德 |
[10:54] | and I think somebody is messing with your head. | 我认为有人故意跟你搞鬼 |
[10:57] | – Barnett said he’d get me. You were there. | 巴奈特说要向我报复 你也听到了 |
[10:59] | – I don’t care what he said. He’s dead. | 我不理会巴奈特所说的 他已经死了 穆德 |
[11:01] | – Apparently not. – Aw, come on. | 他显然没死 别胡说 |
[11:04] | There are a lot of guys who know that Barnett made the threat. | 知道巴奈特威胁过你的 大有人在 |
[11:06] | It’s Baenett, | 是巴奈特干的 瑞奇 |
[11:09] | – How could you say that? – I don’t know. I just feel it. | 你怎能这么说? 我不知道 我感觉得到 |
[11:22] | All this talk around here about Spooky Mulder, | 你知道的 我从不理会别人的闲言闲语 |
[11:25] | I never paid it much mind. | 他们说你是”怪人穆德” |
[11:27] | I figured it was just talk about how paranoid you were an’ all. | 我想他们只是取笑你神经过敏 |
[11:30] | And now? | 现在呢? |
[11:32] | Remember the day you walked into my office wet from Quantico? | 还记得你刚毕业 到我办公室来的那天吗? |
[11:36] | You pissed me off just looking at you, | 我一看你就觉得不顺眼 |
[11:38] | but then I saw how your mind worked. | 但后来我看到你怎么思考事情 |
[11:40] | How you were always three jumps ahead. | 你总是比别人快一步 |
[11:42] | It was scary, Mulder. Everybody said so. | 有点可怕 大家都这么说 |
[11:45] | – I’ve heard this story. | 他们说的那些话我全听过 |
[11:46] | – Well, maybe you ought to hear it again! | 也许你该再听一次 |
[11:49] | You let a lot of people down here in the Bureau. | 你让局里很多人大失所望 |
[11:52] | They had big plans for you. | 他们本来很看重你的 |
[11:54] | A lot of people are saying | 很多人都说 |
[11:55] | that Spooky Mulder has become an embarrassment. | 怪人穆德 已经成为笑柄 |
[11:57] | A liability. | 说你败事有余 |
[11:59] | What? Are you saying that somebody from the Bureau’s behind this? | 什么? 你说局里有人策划这件事? |
[12:03] | Maybe, maybe not. Just always best to cover your ass. | 也许是 也许不是 不管怎样你都要保护自己 |
[12:10] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:13] | This was just faxed. | 刚收到的传真 |
[12:15] | It’s a copy of John Barnett’s last will and testament. | 这是约翰巴奈特的遗嘱 |
[12:18] | No surviving relatives. | 他没有亲人 |
[12:20] | Left what little he had to another prisoner, a Joe Crandall,… | 他把仅有的一切 给了他的狱友 |
[12:24] | ..And instructions to be cremated. | 一个叫乔克蓝多的人 |
[12:26] | His will was executed six months after his death… | 遗体指明要火葬 |
[12:29] | ..And this states that his ashes | 六个月后执行了他的遗嘱 |
[12:31] | were spread along the bank of the Delaware River… | 这份文件证明他的骨灰 洒在德拉威河畔 |
[12:34] | ..By an employee of the crematory used by the prison. | 是和该监狱合作的火葬场的员工处理的 |
[12:37] | Somebody’s messing with your head. | 正如我所说 我认为有人跟你搞鬼 |
[12:41] | Killing a salesclerk just to leave me a note? | 他为了留张纸条给我 杀了个售货员? |
[12:43] | I’d say that’s going a little out of your way. | 有点太大费周章了吧? |
[12:51] | He’s older now. He may have put on some weight. | 他现在老了 体重可能稍微增加 |
[12:54] | – How much older? – Five years. | 老了几岁? 五岁 |
[13:03] | He could be wearing any kind of disguise. | 他的装扮可能会改变 |
[13:22] | Take us back to the day in question. | 让我们回顾事发当天 |
[13:26] | Was it your impression, Agent Mulder, | 穆德探员 你是否认为… |
[13:28] | that John Barnett took a perverse pleasure… | 约翰巴奈特 对自己的罪行 |
[13:31] | ..In his crimes? | 感到喜悦? |
[13:33] | Didn’t he send you notes to taunt you? | 他是不是写字条嘲弄你? |
[13:36] | Yes, I felt that he was daring us to catch him. | 是的 我觉得他在激我们去抓他 |
[13:39] | That he killed his victims almost as if it were part of a game. | 他把杀人当做是游戏的一部份 |
[13:43] | Describe for the court, if you would, Agent Mulder,… | 穆德探员 请为法庭描述一下 |
[13:46] | ..What happened when you finally caught John Barnett. | 当你终于捉到约翰巴奈特时 发生了什么事? |
[13:51] | We had a customs warehouse at the airport staked out. | 我们监视机场的仓库 |
[13:54] | We knew Barnett had someone | 我们知道巴奈特和一个 |
[13:55] | working for the armored car transport… | 在装甲汽车公司工作的人合作 |
[13:58] | ..Tipping them off about large cash shipments. | 告诉他大笔现金运输的消息 |
[14:01] | But we never figured | 但我们没想到… |
[14:02] | he’d be inside the vehicle when it arrived. | 当车子到达时 他就在车里 |
[14:04] | That’s how Barnett was able | 所以巴奈特 |
[14:06] | to take the driver of the vehicle hostage. | 才能挟持司机 |
[14:08] | In other words, John | 换句话说 约翰巴奈特 |
[14:10] | Barnett used his own accomplice as a hostage? | 把自己的同伙当成人质? |
[14:13] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[14:15] | And then what happened? | 然后发生了什么事? |
[14:17] | We surrounded Barnett and we | 我们包围了巴奈特 |
[14:19] | ordered him to surrender his hostage and his weapon. | 我们命令他 释放人质和交出武器 |
[14:22] | And where were you at this time, Agent Mulder? | 你当时在哪里 穆德探员? |
[14:27] | I was right behind Barnett. | 我在他的后面 |
[14:29] | With a clear shot of the suspect? | 一枪便可以打中嫌犯吗? |
[14:34] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[14:36] | But you didn’t fire. Why? | 但你没开枪 为什么? |
[14:38] | No. It’s against FBI regulations | 没有 因为违反调查局规定 |
[14:41] | to unnecessarily endanger the life of a hostage. | 在不必要情况下 不可危及人质性命 |
[14:44] | And I thought that with no means of escape… | 而且我认为… 巴奈特发现无处可逃 |
[14:48] | ..Barnett would give up. | 自然会投降 |
[14:51] | But what happened instead? | 后来呢? |
[14:55] | The suspect, uh… John Barnett,… | 嫌犯…约翰巴奈特 |
[14:59] | ..Fired his weapon point-blank at his hostage… | 近距离射杀人质 |
[15:03] | ..And then he turned his gun on Steve Wallenberg. | 然后把枪对着史迪夫 华伦伯 |
[15:08] | Shot him in the face. | 射击他的头部 |
[15:13] | Thank you, Agent Mulder. | 谢谢你 穆德探员 |
[15:16] | No further questions at this time. | 没有其他问题了 |
[15:20] | He gunned him down just for spite. | 他恶意开枪射杀他… |
[15:22] | Your Honour, we object! | 法官大人 我们抗议 |
[15:24] | This was a man with a wife and two small children,… | 这个人有妻子和两个小孩… |
[15:28] | ..And you shot him without… hesitation, without a conscience… | …而你冷血地射杀他 毫无良知 |
[15:32] | – ..Or humanity! – Your Honour, do something! | 毫无人性 法官大人 拜托… |
[15:34] | Which is why you should die like an animal, you son of a bitch! | 你死有余辜 你这个杂种! |
[15:37] | If you do not stop, it will be contempt of court. Order! | 如果你不坐下 我就告你藐视法庭 |
[15:44] | If there’s not order, I will be forced to clear the courtroom! | 现场再不安静下来 我就要强制清场 |
[15:47] | Your Honour, this is inflammatory against the defendant. | 法官大人 这是对被告的煽动性发言 |
[15:51] | – I ask that it be stricken from the record. – Duly noted. | 我请求从记录中删除这段话 同意 |
[15:55] | The jury will disregard the witness’s last statement. | 陪审团将无视证人的最后一次发言 |
[16:04] | I’ll… get… you. | 我会报复你的 |
[16:20] | – I’ll need print-outs of every variation. – Right. | 所有可能的造型都印一份出来 好的 |
[16:23] | I just got off the phone with the prison. | 我刚和狱方通过电话 |
[16:26] | – What did they come up with? – No, I called them on a hunch. | 他们有何发现? 不 是我灵机一动打给他们 |
[16:29] | Barnett died of a heart attack. | 巴奈特死于心脏病 是吧? |
[16:31] | Or so it says on his death certificate. | 至少死亡证书上这么写 |
[16:34] | Well, I had them fax me all of his medical records. | 我要求把他所有的医疗纪录 传真给我 |
[16:37] | Barnett was admitted to the | 巴奈特因右手受到感染 |
[16:38] | prison infirmary for an infection in his right hand. | 才被送到监狱医院 |
[16:41] | There isn’t any indication | 没有任何冠心病及其并发症 |
[16:43] | or diagnosis of coronary complications. | 的迹象或诊断 |
[16:45] | In fact, on his physical six | 事实上 他六个月前才检查过身体 |
[16:47] | months earlier he was given a clean bill of health. | 他的健康状况极佳 |
[16:53] | Crandall, someone to see you. | 克蓝多 有人找你 |
[16:57] | I don’t get many visitors. | 我的访客不多 |
[16:59] | – You knew John Barnett? – Yes, sir. | 你认识约翰巴奈特吗? |
[17:02] | How well did you know him? | 是的 |
[17:04] | Pretty well. | 你们有多熟? |
[17:07] | He left you everything in his will. | 蛮熟的 |
[17:09] | You must have known him better than “Pretty well”. | 他在遗嘱里交代 把东西都留给你 |
[17:12] | I used to change his | 你们的关系应该很不错 |
[17:14] | bandages and we just got to… know each other. | 我常为他换绷带 |
[17:17] | Are you aware that Barnett | 我们就这样熟了起来 |
[17:19] | died of cardiac arrest in this facility in 1989? | 你知道他89年时在这里因心搏猝止而死吗? |
[17:21] | – Cardiac arrest! Where’s it say that? | 心搏猝止?谁说的? |
[17:24] | – On his death certificate. | 他的死亡证书上写的 |
[17:28] | He ain’t dead, is he? | 他没死 对不对? |
[17:32] | Why do you say that? | 你为什么这么说? |
[17:33] | Last time I saw John Barnett | 最后一次我见到约翰 巴奈特 |
[17:36] | was right in that room over there. | 就是在那边那个房间里 |
[17:39] | Doctor with a knife took his bad hand clean off. | 医生正在切除 他那只坏死的手 |
[17:42] | – What doctor? – Was it Dr Ridley? | 哪个医生? 是伟里医生吗? |
[17:44] | Yeah, it was Dr Ridley. That’s the one. | 是 就是伟里医生 只有他一个 |
[17:49] | He told me Johnny was dead, but… I knew it was a lie. | 他告诉我约翰死了 但我知道他说谎 |
[17:52] | He put a knife up under my chin just for asking. | 我只是随口问问 他就用刀子顶住我的下巴 |
[17:55] | How could you tell Barnett wasn’t dead? | 你怎么知道巴奈特没死? |
[18:00] | I saw him looking at me. | 我看到他望着我 |
[18:03] | I saw him blink. | 我看到他眨眼 |
[18:07] | I’ll never forget those eyes. | 我永远不会忘记他的眼神 |
[18:18] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算做什么? |
[18:20] | I know what I’m not gonna do. | 我只知道自己不会闲闲没事坐在这里 |
[18:22] | I’m not gonna wait for Barnett to send me another valentine. | 等巴奈特寄情书给我 |
[18:27] | You mean the ghost of John Barnett? | 你是说巴奈特的鬼魂? |
[18:31] | I didn’t know you believed in ghosts, Scully. | 我以为你不信有鬼 史卡利 |
[18:45] | Hello? | 喂? |
[18:48] | Yeah, just a minute. | 好 等一下 |
[18:49] | It’s for you. | 找你的 |
[18:55] | Mulder. | 我是穆德 |
[18:58] | Fox Mulder. | 福克斯穆德 |
[19:00] | – Barnett? – I’ll run a trace. | 巴奈特? 我去追踪电话来源 |
[19:02] | – You sound surprised. – You know, uh… | 你好像很惊讶 你说 |
[19:05] | Shouldn’t I be? | 我不该惊讶吗? |
[19:07] | You know, it’s illegal to tape another’s phone call… | 要知道 未经许可 偷录他人电话 |
[19:11] | ..Without their express permission. | 是不合法的 |
[19:13] | Isn’t that what they call it? | 法律不是这样规定的吗? |
[19:16] | In some states. | 有些州是这样规定的 |
[19:18] | What makes you think I’m taping you? | 你凭什么认为我在录音? |
[19:20] | Same thing makes me think you’re tracing this call. | 我也觉得你在追踪这通电话 |
[19:23] | What state are you in? | 你现在在哪一州? |
[19:25] | Same state you are! | 和你一样 |
[19:29] | I stood next to you in line for coffee this morning. | 我今早和你一起排队买咖啡 |
[19:34] | I don’t think so. | 不可能 |
[19:39] | Man, I’m everywhere you are. | 你到哪里我就跟到哪里 |
[19:42] | Everywhere. | 亦步亦趋跟着你 |
[19:45] | I own you. | 你在我掌握之中 |
[19:47] | How do I know it’s really you? | 我怎么知道真的是你? |
[19:49] | What did I say to you in the courtroom? | 我在法庭上怎么跟你说的? |
[19:55] | Did you ever doubt me? | 你不相信我吗? |
[19:57] | I don’t know. What did you tell me? | 我不知道 你在庭上说了什么? |
[19:59] | Huh! If you think you’re gonna | 如果你以为凭你拙劣的演技 |
[20:02] | keep me on this phone with this… clumsy act… | 可以骗我一直说下去… |
[20:06] | Listen, by all accounts, John Barnett is a dead man. | 听着 约翰 巴奈特已经死了 |
[20:10] | Oh, you’re the dead man, Mulder! | 穆德 你才是个死人 |
[20:15] | Fine. I just need confirmation that you are who you say you are. | 好吧 我只是要确认你所言不虚 |
[20:20] | You want confirmation,… | 你要确认? |
[20:23] | ..You got it. | 没问题 |
[20:30] | Barnett… You there? | 巴奈特 你还在吗? |
[20:37] | – You lost him? – Yeah, he was hip to the trace. | 他挂断了? 是的 他知道我们在追踪他 |
[20:40] | Was it Barnett? | 是巴奈特吗? |
[20:42] | John Barnett was from New Hampshire. He had a slight accent. | 约翰 巴奈特是新罕布夏州人 他有一点口音 |
[20:46] | Listen to this. | 你听听这个 |
[21:02] | – What did he mean by that? | 他这话是什么意思? |
[21:04] | – I don’t know, but that is… John Barnett. | 我不知道 但那的确是约翰 巴奈特 |
[21:08] | I’m sure of it. | 我确定是他 |
[21:24] | – Yeah? – Reggie, it’s Mulder. | 什么事? 瑞奇 我是穆德 |
[21:26] | What do you want? It’s the middle of the night. | 穆德 大半夜的 你要干什么? |
[21:30] | It’s only 10.45, Reggie. | 现在才10点45分 瑞奇 |
[21:33] | Yeah, well, I was sleeping. | 我已经睡了 听着 瑞奇 看来巴奈特没有死 |
[21:39] | Now what? | 又怎么了? |
[21:40] | I got an inmate at the prison who | 监狱里有个犯人 |
[21:42] | swears he saw Barnett alive the night they say he died. | 他发誓巴奈特死的那个晚上 还看到他活着 |
[21:47] | Mulder,… | 穆德 |
[21:49] | ..Go home. | 回家吧 |
[21:51] | Get some rest. | 休息一下 |
[21:53] | Just one thing doesn’t make sense to me. | 听我说 瑞奇 有一件事我想不通 |
[21:56] | What’s that? | 什么事? |
[21:57] | Agent Henderson said that that note left at the jewelery store… | 韩得森探员说 珠宝店里那张字条 |
[22:01] | – ..Was written by a right-hander. – Yeah. So? | 是右撇子写的 然后呢? |
[22:05] | This inmate swears | 监狱里的那个囚犯说 |
[22:06] | he saw Barnett’s right hand amputated. | 他看到巴奈特的右手被切除了 |
[22:10] | Argh! Reggie, are you there? | 瑞奇 你在吗 |
[22:15] | Hey, Reggie! | 瑞奇! |
[22:22] | What the hell’s goin’ on, Reggie? | 瑞奇 发生什么事了? |
[22:26] | Reggie! | 你还在吗? |
[22:27] | What happened? Hey, Reggie! | 到底发生了什么事? |
[22:29] | Reggie! What’s going on? Are you there? | 瑞奇! 发生什么事了?! 瑞奇! |
[22:32] | What the hell’s goin’ on, Reggie? | 到底怎么了 瑞奇?! |
[22:41] | I hope you brought your fine-tooth comb. | 你们有带细齿梳来吧? |
[22:43] | I want every piece of lint analysed. | 我要你们收集分析所有的线头 |
[22:45] | If nothing turns up, run it through again. | 如果什么都没发现 就重新来过 |
[22:48] | Mulder. | 穆德… |
[22:50] | His wife died of cancer six years ago. | 他的太太6年前死于癌症 |
[22:52] | He never liked to talk about it. | 他很少谈这件事 |
[22:54] | As long as I knew him, he was working on a mystery novel. | 我一认识他 就听说他正在写一本神秘小说 |
[22:57] | He promised to show me it, but he never did. | 他答应给我看 但他从没拿来 |
[23:00] | I think he was afraid I wouldn’t like it. | 大概是怕我会不喜欢 |
[23:03] | I’m probably the only guy | 我可能是他在局里 |
[23:04] | in the Bureau he trusted enough to even ask. | 唯一信得过的人吧 |
[23:08] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[23:10] | I’m just thinking how different | 如果当初我对巴奈特开枪 |
[23:11] | things would have been if I’d shot Barnett. | 事情就会大大不同 |
[23:14] | Mulder,… | 穆德… |
[23:16] | ..We’re still not 100 per cent sure this is him. | 我们还不能 百分之百确定是他干的 |
[23:37] | Fresh ink, slightly smeared. | 新墨水 有点污渍 |
[23:41] | I hate to tell you, and I’m not known to be wrong,… | 我不想告诉你… 但我绝对不会看错的 |
[23:44] | ..But this note was most | 但这字条 |
[23:46] | certainly written by a right-handed person. | 肯定是右撇子写的 |
[23:49] | You see the pressure points inside the pen grooves? | 有没有看到笔迹旁的压力点? |
[23:52] | It’s a dead giveaway. | 一看就知道是用右手写的 |
[23:56] | Would you be able to tell if this | 你能否分辨出这字条 |
[23:58] | was written by somebody using a prosthetic hand? | 是不是用义肢写出来的? |
[24:02] | Well, this fella – | 这傢伙… |
[24:04] | ..And I’m assuming from the | 从草写字迹看来 |
[24:06] | cursive figures that it is a male suspect – | 这是个男人 |
[24:08] | ..He has a fairly nice, fluid style. | 他书写流利 顺畅 |
[24:12] | Judging from the pressure variations in the connectors,… | 从不同压力点 连结点看来 |
[24:16] | ..They would need good finger dexterity. | 这个人的手指应该很灵敏 |
[24:19] | You won’t get that with a prosthesis. | 不可能是义肢 |
[24:21] | You think it’s the same person that wrote the first note? | 所以你认为 两张字条是同个一人写的? |
[24:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:29] | Know what occurred to me? | 你知道我突然想到什么吗? |
[24:32] | You never got any prints off those notes. | 这些字条上没有指纹 |
[24:37] | If this guy was wearing a glove on his pen hand, | 如果这个人带着手套写字 |
[24:40] | note wouldn’t be smeared like it is. | 字条上就不会有污渍 |
[24:43] | For what it’s worth. | 也许这有点用处 |
[24:49] | I was just trying to find you. Listen to this. | 我正在找你 你听这个 |
[24:51] | According to the AMA, Dr Ridley, | 根据美国医学协会 |
[24:53] | who signed Barnett’s death certificate,… | 在巴奈特死亡证明书上 签名的伟里医生 |
[24:56] | ..Hasn’t officially been a doctor since 1979. | 79年起就不是正式医生了 |
[25:00] | – What do you mean? – His membership wasn’t renewed… | 怎么说? |
[25:04] | ..After Maryland State revoked | 他的执照过期 没再更新 |
[25:05] | his medical licence for research malpractice… | 马里兰州撤销他的执照因为从事不当医疗实验 |
[25:08] | ..And misuse of a government grant. | 并滥用政府资金 |
[25:10] | – Where does it say that? | 哪里看到的? |
[25:12] | – The National Institute of Health’s journal. | 国家卫生局联邦期刊上写的 |
[25:14] | What kind of research? | 他做哪种研究? |
[25:16] | He was conducting experiments on | 他在负责一项研究 |
[25:18] | children afflicted with a disease called progeria. | 早衰症儿童的实验 |
[25:21] | The patient, you see, is an eight-year-old girl… | 各位看到的病人 是个八岁的小女孩… |
[25:25] | ..Suffering from the advanced stages of progeria. | 她患了严重的早衰症 |
[25:29] | She looks about 90. | 看起来像90岁 |
[25:31] | Only about 100 cases have | 大约只有一百个病例 |
[25:32] | ever been reported, so the disease is rare. | 这是种很少见的疾病 |
[25:36] | But fatal. | 但是会致命 |
[25:38] | Some patients make it to early adulthood. | 有些早老症小孩能活到成年 |
[25:41] | Others become terminal aged seven or eight. | 但多半只能活到七 八岁 |
[25:43] | What’s the cause of death? | 死因为何? |
[25:46] | Clinically it’s cardiac | 临床死因是心血管 |
[25:47] | or cerebral vascular disease, but actually… | 或脑血管病 但事实上 |
[25:50] | ..These poor kids die of old age. | 这些小孩死于衰老 |
[25:53] | Is that Dr Ridley? | 那是伟里医生吗? |
[25:56] | Yes. In 1974. | 是的 1974年的他 |
[25:59] | Joe Ridley thought that he could | 乔伟里认为 |
[26:01] | take their accelerated ageing and slow it down. | 他能控制病童的老化速度 并减轻他们的症状 |
[26:05] | Initially, some of his lab work was promising, | 开始时 他的成果很好 |
[26:08] | but then things got out of control. | 但后来却失控了 |
[26:11] | He wanted to begin human trials. | 他要展开人体实验 |
[26:13] | Why wasn’t he allowed to? | 为何不让他这样做? |
[26:16] | Because he hadn’t met the criteria. | 因为他还未达到标准 |
[26:19] | It was all too hypothetical, too dangerous! I mean… | 都是假设性理论 太危险了 我意思是… |
[26:23] | I knew Joe Ridley. He didn’t care about those kids. | 我了解伟里 他根本不关心那些小孩 |
[26:26] | He talked about them as if they were laboratory animals. | 他把那些孩子当做 实验动物 |
[26:30] | This terrible disease, | 早衰症是种可怕的疾病 |
[26:31] | progeria – he saw it as a wonderful opportunity. | 他却看成是绝佳机会 |
[26:34] | He used those exact words with me once. | 他曾经跟我说过 |
[26:37] | An “Opportunity” To unlock all the secrets. | 这是一个”解开所有秘密”的机会 |
[26:39] | When they refused to allow the human trials, he became enraged. | 当人体实验被拒绝时 他非常愤怒 |
[26:44] | Do you know what they called Joe Ridley behind his back? | 你知道他们在背后 怎样称呼他吗? |
[26:47] | – What? – Dr Mengele. | 什么? 冷血怪医 |
[26:56] | So how did Dr Ridley eventually lose his medical licence? | 那么伟里医生 是怎么丧失医生执照的呢? |
[27:00] | He went ahead with the human trials secretly,… | 他秘密地以门诊病人 |
[27:03] | ..On an outpatient basis. | 进行人体实验 |
[27:06] | When we learnt about it, we terminated his grant… | 我们一发现此事 就中断给他的资助 |
[27:09] | ..And filed charges with the state medical boards. | 并向州医疗机构起诉他 |
[27:13] | I’m afraid your colleague Dr | 恐怕你的同事伟里医生 |
[27:15] | Ridley has dropped off the face of the earth. | 似乎消失得无影无踪 |
[27:18] | Yeah, although it’s rumoured | 是呀 但传说 |
[27:20] | he went to South America to continue his work. | 他到南美洲去继续他的实验 |
[27:28] | – You don’t just reverse ageing. – Ridley’s found a way. | 老化是不可逆现象 伟里发现了方法 |
[27:31] | He wanted human research subjects, | 他需要人体实验的对象 对吧? |
[27:33] | right? Prisoners like John Barnett. | 像约翰 巴奈特这样的囚犯很合适 |
[27:36] | It’s science fiction. | 穆德 这太离谱了 |
[27:38] | What would you have said 20 | 20年前 你会怎么说基因拼接? |
[27:39] | years ago about gene splicing? DNA fingerprinting? | DNA指纹? |
[27:42] | Cloning? Artificial intelligence? | 复制? 人工智能? |
[27:44] | Maybe the man’s not in his late forties. | 也许我们在找的不是 一个快五十岁的中年人 |
[27:46] | Maybe John Barnett has found the perfect disguise: youth. | 也许约翰巴奈特 发现了最完美的伪装 青春 |
[27:57] | I wanna age him backwards now. Let’s start with ten years. | 我现在要他变年轻 先减少十岁 |
[28:02] | Now five years more. | 再减五岁 |
[28:05] | And add 20 pounds. | 再加20磅 |
[28:07] | A healthy 20 pounds. | 健康的20磅 |
[28:18] | Ridley’s notes from the human trials at NIH….. | 伟里在国家卫生研究所 人体实验的备忘录 |
[28:20] | indicate he didn’t see ageing as inevitable,but as an opportunistic disease. | 说明他不认为 衰老是不可避免的 |
[28:25] | but as an opportunistic disease. | 而是一种伺机而动的疾病 |
[28:28] | A disease that could be prevented, reversed even,… | 是一种可以避免的疾病甚至可以改变… |
[28:31] | ..By changing the chemical cues that trigger certain genes. | 触发某些基因的化学物质 而逆转致病过程 |
[28:36] | However, there is no evidence | 可是目前还没有证据显示 |
[28:38] | whatsoever that Ridley’s work yielded any results,… | 伟里的实验有任何成果 |
[28:41] | ..Or that his theories, | 或是他的理论站得住脚 |
[28:42] | all hope to the contrary, hold any validity. | 科学期刊的立场很清楚 |
[29:01] | projections on this kind of genetic engineering… | 这样的基因工程 |
[29:04] | ..Are at best speculative and futuristic. | 只是天马行空的奇想罢了 |
[30:48] | Who is it? | 是谁? |
[30:51] | Dr Joe Ridley. | 我是乔伟里医生 |
[31:26] | If you’re really Dr Joseph Ridley, | 若你真的是乔伟里医生 |
[31:28] | where have you been for the past five years? | 这五年你去了哪里? |
[31:32] | I originally continued my research in Mexico,… | 我原本在墨西哥继续我的研究 |
[31:35] | ..But for the last three years I spent | 但这三年 |
[31:37] | my time in Central America. In Belize, to be exact. | 我都在中美洲 正确地说 在伯利兹 |
[31:42] | What about Barnett? | 那约翰巴奈特呢? |
[31:44] | He’s the only patient left. | 约翰巴奈特是唯一剩下的病人 |
[31:46] | The only one who survived the experiments. | 唯一在实验后存活的人 |
[31:48] | What about you? | 那你呢? |
[31:51] | My appearance is deceiving. | 别被我的外表骗了 |
[31:53] | I have no more than a month to live | 我活不过一个月 |
[31:55] | as I am dying from a rare cerebral vascular disease. | 我将死于罕见的脑血管病 |
[32:00] | The disease that kills kids with progeria? | 就是害死早老症儿童的疾病? |
[32:02] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[32:05] | An unfortunate side effect of the treatment. | 这是治疗的副作用 |
[32:08] | By using the genetic components of progeria,… | 我们利用早衰症的遗传因子 |
[32:11] | ..I was able to reverse the ageing | 成功的逆转了老化过程 |
[32:13] | process in the same way the disease expedited it. | 和早衰症加速老化的机制相同 |
[32:16] | At the same time, I and my | 但我的病人和我 |
[32:17] | patients became susceptible to the same ailments… | 也因遗传组成改变 |
[32:21] | ..A child of six or eight would if he had the disease. | 像六至八岁早衰症病童一样很容易患这种疾病 |
[32:25] | What about Barnett? | 那巴奈特呢? |
[32:28] | John Barnett. | 约翰 巴奈特 |
[32:29] | If I didn’t so personally detest the man,… | 如果我不是这么讨厌他 |
[32:32] | ..I might call him my one triumph. | 我可能会称他为我唯一的荣耀 |
[32:35] | Barnett’s not dying? | 巴奈特不是快要死了吗? |
[32:38] | Only his eyes – which, for some reason,… | 只有他的眼睛不行了 不知为什么… |
[32:41] | ..Do not respond to the gene therapy. | 他的眼睛对基因疗法没有反应 |
[32:43] | Otherwise, John Barnett appears to be thriving. | 否则巴奈特就可以高枕无忧了 |
[32:47] | But how? | 怎么会这样? |
[32:51] | I varied Barnett’s treatment. | 我改变了对巴奈特的疗法 |
[32:53] | Once I isolated the progeria receptors, | 我分离出早衰症的细胞受合体后 |
[32:56] | I stumbled on something quite unexpected. | 误打误撞的有了新发现 |
[32:59] | These same genes related to myelin production. | 这些基因也控制了髓鞘的产生 |
[33:01] | The material that insulates neurons in the body. | 身体里隔绝神经元的物质 |
[33:05] | Yes. | 对的 |
[33:07] | Myelin is not present in the very young,… | 人在小时候体内并没有髓鞘 |
[33:09] | ..And by reversing the effects of ageing I found with Barnett,… | 我在巴奈特身上发现 在逆转老化过程时 |
[33:13] | ..I was able to regulate the production of myelin. | 我可以调节髓鞘的产生 |
[33:16] | Myelin being the material that prohibits you or I from, say,… | 髓鞘这种物质 让咱们这种普通人 |
[33:21] | ..Regenerating a new hand if we were to have ours… cut… off. | 在切除了一只手之后无法再长出一只新的手来 |
[33:28] | You were able to grow John Barnett a new hand? | 你让巴奈特再长出一只手来? |
[33:32] | Not exactly. | 也不是这么说 |
[33:35] | Not a human hand anyway. | 反正不是只人类的手 |
[33:37] | I could never get the cells to divide or behave properly. | 我无法让细胞适当地分裂 |
[33:41] | I-I’m afraid to ask. | 我有点不敢问… |
[33:45] | – What kind of hand did you grow? | 你帮他培养出怎样的手来? |
[33:47] | – There’d been successful work in London. | 在伦敦有过实验成功的例子 |
[33:49] | By taking samples of what we call cell morphogens… | 他们从蝾螈截肢的前掌 |
[33:53] | ..From an amputated salamander arm | 取了一些细胞成长因子 |
[33:55] | and applying them to the back of the creature,… | 再注射至蝾螈的背部 |
[33:58] | ..They could grow a new limb on a different part of the body. | 使得蝾螈在身体不同部位再长出一只新的脚 |
[34:02] | But only on salamanders. | 但是他们只用蝾螈做过实验 |
[34:04] | – Until John Barnett? – Yeah. | 直到约翰巴奈特? 对的 |
[34:07] | – Unbelievable. – My work has cost me dearly. | 真不可思议 我的工作让我付出惨痛代价 |
[34:11] | I’m an outcast in the medical community. | 我成为医学界的贱民 |
[34:15] | I was called Dr Mengele, Dr Frankenstein, but I didn’t care. | 我被称为冷血怪医 和科学怪医 但我不在乎 |
[34:20] | Because you knew that if your theories panned out… | 因为你知道 如果你成功了… |
[34:24] | The man who owns the fountain of youth controls the world. | 拥有回春泉的人 就控制了全世界 |
[34:28] | When the AMA censured me, | 当美国医学协会谴责我时 |
[34:30] | certain sponsors came out of the woodwork. | 有些赞助者站出来资助我 |
[34:33] | One of them was the US government. | 其中一个是美国政府 |
[34:35] | They financed your research? | 他们资助你的实验? |
[34:38] | You might be more surprised to learn | 这件事在政府中牵涉层级之高 |
[34:40] | how high up the ladder this dirty little secret goes. | 说出来会嚇死你的 |
[35:04] | I know why you’ve contacted me. Listen and I’ll explain. | 我知道你为何找我 我会解释给你听的 |
[35:08] | I am not proud of the way in which this matter was handled,… | 我不认同这件事的处理方式 |
[35:12] | ..But, like it or not, John Barnett is a fact of life. | 但无论如何 我们不能忽视约翰 巴奈特的事 |
[35:15] | I wish Agent Purdue were around to appreciate the irony. | 我希望普度探员 能亲耳听到你说的这番话 |
[35:19] | The government knew full well that Barnett was in the country. | 政府非常清楚巴奈特还在国内 |
[35:23] | You, of course, know that Barnett stole all of Ridley’s research. | 当然你知道 巴奈特偷了伟里所有的研究成果 |
[35:28] | What Ridley doesn’t know | 是的 但伟里不知道的是… |
[35:30] | is our government is bargaining with Barnett to buy it from him. | 政府正与巴奈特协议 要买下所有东西 |
[35:39] | What does he want? | 他要什么? |
[35:43] | A lot of money, immunity, safe haven. | 一大笔钱 免责权 安全住所 |
[35:46] | Will he get it? | 他拿得到吗? |
[35:50] | He holds all the cards. | 王牌都在他手上 |
[35:54] | You’re aware that this… | 你知道这个跟你们谈判的 |
[35:55] | freak of science you’re negotiating with is a murderer? | 科学怪物是个杀人凶手吗? |
[36:01] | The information he has… | 他手上的资讯 |
[36:04] | ..Could change the course of mankind. Consider the options. | 可以改变全人类的演化过程 你好好思考一下 |
[36:10] | I will. | 我会的 |
[36:38] | Hi, this is Dana Scully. | 你好 我是史卡利 |
[36:41] | Please leave a message after the tone. | 请在哔声后留言 |
[36:45] | Retrieving messages. | 听取留言 |
[36:49] | Hi, Dana. It’s Mom. I just wanted | 丹娜 我是你妈 |
[36:51] | to call and say hi. Um, give me a call whenever. | 我只是打来问候你 随时打电话给我 |
[36:54] | OK, hon. Bye-bye. | 再见 亲爱的丹娜 |
[36:56] | Hi, Dana. It’s Kathy. I hope | 丹娜 我是凯西 |
[36:58] | you’ll still meet me before my cello recital. | 希望你能在我大提琴独奏会前来找我 |
[37:02] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[37:03] | It’s my private answering machine, or at least it used to be. | 我私人的答录机 至少曾经是的 |
[37:07] | Meaning? | 什么意思? |
[37:08] | This morning I heard someone | 今早我淋浴时听到 |
[37:10] | dialing in my private code and replaying my messages. | 有人用我的私人密码 听取留言 |
[37:13] | Last night I could have sworn someone was in my apartment,… | 昨天晚上在伟里来之前我确定有人在我家里 |
[37:17] | ..But when Ridley knocked | 但当伟里敲门 |
[37:18] | I thought I’d mistaken the noise for him. | 我以为那是他发出的声音 |
[37:21] | Scully… | 史卡利… |
[37:22] | I took this down to Prints before I came up. | 今天早上我来这里之前我拿这个去指纹部 |
[37:26] | John Barnett’s left index | 在答录机的背面发现了 |
[37:27] | oblique is on the underside of this unit. | 巴奈特左手食指指纹 |
[37:32] | Mulder. | 我是穆德 |
[37:39] | Barnett? | 巴奈特? |
[37:47] | Don’t grow too fond of him. | 别太喜欢他 |
[37:54] | He’s gonna die soon, like the rest of your friends. | 他很快就要死了 就像你其他朋友一样 |
[37:59] | The rest of my friends? | 我的其他朋友? |
[38:02] | One by one. | 一个接一个 |
[38:05] | You’re not that smart. | 你没那么聪明 |
[38:10] | Tell me, you’re not gonna make me prove it to you again, are you? | 听着 你不会要我 再次向你证明 对吧? |
[38:16] | Oh, well, no matter. It’ll be your turn soon enough. | 好吧 无所谓 很快就会轮到你了 |
[38:22] | But you won’t get that chance. | 你不会有机会的 |
[38:25] | Oh, no? | 是吗? |
[38:30] | Who’s gonna stop me, huh? | 谁能够阻止我呢? |
[38:33] | Man! This is… this is the land of the free! | 老兄 这是… 这是个自由的国度! |
[38:39] | Well, I’m just checking in. | 我只是打个招呼 |
[38:43] | Bye… | 再见… |
[38:45] | ..For now. | 就这样 |
[38:51] | What does Barnett know from your messages? | 巴奈特听了你哪些留言? |
[38:54] | Uh, that my mother called for no | 我妈妈打来问候的电话 |
[38:56] | reason and I’m meeting a friend before her cello recital. | 和我要在一个朋友 大提琴独奏会前与她见面 |
[39:00] | Where’s that? | 在哪里? |
[39:05] | We’re working at a disadvantage | 我们的情况不利 |
[39:07] | because we don’t know exactly what Barnett looks like. | 因为我们不知道 巴奈特现在的长相 |
[39:10] | Study each of these faces. Know them. | 看清楚这些脸孔 熟记这些脸孔 |
[39:13] | – Particularly the eyes. | 特别是眼睛部分 |
[39:14] | – I’m including a diagram of the theater. | 各位都拿到一张戏院的地图 |
[39:17] | You have six front entrances and four more backstage. | 前面有六个出入口 后台还有四个 |
[39:21] | If he shows he’ll key on Scully, so wherever she is, | 我们知道他的目标是史卡利 |
[39:24] | she should not leave your sight. | 所以不管她在哪儿 别让她离开你们的视线 |
[39:26] | We’ve got two hours before the performance. | 离开演还有两个小时 |
[39:28] | Know this place inside and out. | 你们要摸清楚这个地方 |
[39:30] | We don’t want any shots fired, if we can help it. | 有可能的话 尽量不开枪 |
[39:33] | We want to take Barnett alive. | 我们要活捉巴奈特 |
[39:34] | Ok? | 懂吗? |
[39:37] | How you feelin’? | 你觉得如何? |
[39:39] | This is the first time I’ve ever played the target. | 这是我第一次被人当做目标 |
[39:42] | Well, let’s make sure it’s not the last time. | 希望不是最后一次 |
[41:23] | Gun! | 有枪! |
[41:27] | Down! | 趴下! |
[41:35] | Check her out! | 去看看她! |
[41:48] | Get back, Mulder! Shut up! | 退后 穆德! 你闭嘴! |
[41:52] | Back off! Back off! | 退后! |
[41:55] | Don’t even think about it. | 别打歪主意! |
[41:58] | Just let her go. | 放开她 |
[42:01] | Go ahead and shoot! | 开枪呀 老兄! |
[42:03] | Go ahead, man! Shoot, Mulder. | 来吧 开枪 穆德 |
[42:06] | What are you afraid of, huh? | 你在怕什么? |
[42:08] | What? It’s against regulations, huh? | 怎么 怕违反规定? |
[42:11] | No, man, you need me alive, don’t you? | 不 老兄 你要留我活口 对吧? |
[42:14] | Cos I’m the only one who knows where the research is, huh? | 因为只有我才知道 研究结果在哪里 对吧? |
[42:19] | So I could shoot her… | 所以我大可杀了她 |
[42:21] | ..And you just have to live with it, don’t you, huh? | 而你也束手无策 对吧? |
[42:23] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[42:28] | How about it, Mulder? | 怎么样 穆德? |
[42:49] | – Call an ambulance! – I’ll do it! | 叫救护车! 交给我吧 |
[42:52] | Hear me? It’s OK, Scully. An ambulance is on the way. | 没事吧 史卡利? 救护车快来了 |
[42:56] | Easy. You all right? | 放松点 你没事吧? |
[43:05] | Don’t try to move. | 不要动 |
[43:14] | Where are they? | 东西在哪里? |
[43:15] | Can you hear me? Barnett? | 你听得到吗 巴奈特? |
[43:18] | Where did you hide them? | 你把东西藏在哪里? |
[43:24] | – How you feeling? – Like somebody kicked me in the ribs. | 你觉得如何? 像是有人在我肋骨上踢了一脚 |
[43:27] | The bullet went through eight | 子弹穿过防弹衣的八层纤维 |
[43:29] | layers of Kevlar. You’re lucky to be alive. | 没死算你命大 |
[43:34] | What about him? | 他怎么样了? |
[43:36] | They flew in three specialists to save his life. | 他们找了三位专科医生抢救他 |
[43:38] | That guy in the ugly suit is probably CIA. | 穿着烂西装的那傢伙 可能是中情局的人 |
[43:41] | He’s been trying to talk to him. | 他尝试跟他说话 |
[43:44] | – Is Barnett conscious? – Yeah, but he’s not talking. | 巴奈特意识清楚吗? 是的 但他不肯开口 |
[43:53] | Mulder, I know what you did wasn’t by the book. | 穆德 我知道你的行为不合规定 |
[43:56] | Tells you a lot about the book, doesn’t it? | 那些规定没啥用处 对吧? |
[44:07] | Where is it? Barnett! Come on! | 巴奈特 快说 研究结果呢? |
[44:10] | Where are the papers? | 研究结果在哪? |
[44:14] | 50 over palp. Vitals dropping. | 脉搏低于50 生命迹象减弱 |
[44:16] | – OK, we’re gonna have to hit him. – Intubate. | 我们要用电击 |
[44:19] | Come on! Come on! Shock him. | 接好插管 |
[44:22] | Shock him now! | 准备好了 电击 |
[44:25] | Got no pulse, no rhythm. | 现在电击 脉搏急速下降 |
[44:30] | They lost him. | 他们救不了他 |
[44:34] | Bastard’ll take that research with him to the grave. | 这混蛋 把那研究结果一起带进坟墓里 |
[44:38] | Where do you think it is? | 你觉得会在哪里呢? |
[44:43] | Who knows? | 谁知道? |
[44:46] | If Barnett didn’t destroy it,he could have stashed it anywhere. | 如果巴奈特没有毁灭它 可能藏在任何地方 |
[44:49] | Which would have a certain cruel irony. | 是个残酷的讽刺 对吗? |
[44:52] | 能改变全人类演化的科学知识 | |
[44:55] | …..buried out in a field somewhere, | 却埋葬在地下某处 |
[44:57] | or sitting in some safe deposit box,… | 或在某个保险箱里 |
[44:59] | ..Getting old just like the rest of us. | 就像我们一样 越摆越旧 |
[45:02] | If he didn’t destroy it, | 如果他没有毁灭研究结果 |
[45:04] | 总会有一天 有人会找到. | |
[45:07] | And when they do, | 当他们找到这些研究结果时 |
[45:08] | maybe he didn’tget his revenge from beyond the grave,… | 巴奈特也许不能从坟墓里爬出来报复 |
[45:12] | ..But somehow I feel like | 但我总觉得 |
[45:13] | we haven ‘t heard the last from John Barnett. | 约翰·巴奈特这件事还没完呢 |