时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:52] | I’m not a killer. | 我不是凶手 |
[02:55] | I never meant to hurt no one. | 我从不伤害任何人 |
[02:58] | I’m tired of my cattle | 我无法再忍受我的牛 |
[03:00] | being butchereda hundred miles from the slaughter house. | 在百里外的屠场被宰杀 |
[03:02] | That’s the fourth one this month. | 已是这个月来第四件了 |
[03:04] | Who or what do you think was responsible? | 你想是谁或是什么东西做的? |
[03:06] | That cow looked like a piece of paper | 牛像是被碎纸机 |
[03:08] | that went through a shredder. | 撕碎的碎纸般 |
[03:10] | No animal could have done that. | 应该没有动物能做到这样 |
[03:12] | Then are you saying that | 那你是说 |
[03:14] | a person or persons, was responsible for this? | 是一个人或一群人干的? |
[03:17] | I want to remind you | 我想要提醒你 |
[03:18] | Mr. Parker is free on bond pending trial. | 派克先生正在打官司 |
[03:21] | He’s willfully speaking solely in regards to this incident | 他和你只谈这个案子 |
[03:25] | and not about other litigation. | 不要提到其他的诉讼 |
[03:27] | We can’t talk about Mr. Parker’s case | 所以我们不可以提及有关派克先生 |
[03:30] | against the Trego Indian Reservation? | 在联邦法庭对翠廓印第安人保护区的诉讼? |
[03:32] | That’s exactly what I mean. | 对 就是这个意思 |
[03:33] | – Wait a damn second! – Jim, don’t say a word. | 等等 吉姆 不要说了 |
[03:36] | This ain’t the time for lawyer crap. | 现在不需要律师的废话 |
[03:38] | I want to get this in the open. | 我要把事情讲清楚 |
[03:39] | You think I killed an Indian | 你们认为我杀了这个印第安人 |
[03:41] | because we’re having an argument about where my land ends? | 是因为我们之间的土地纠纷 |
[03:45] | We want to settle in court. | 我们想在法庭上和平处理这件事 |
[03:47] | Joseph Goodensnake is dead | 好吧 约瑟夫古登史奈的死 |
[03:49] | with a wound from your shotgun. | 是因你的枪伤所致 |
[03:53] | All I’m saying, it was no animal I know of. | 而我是说 以我所知没有动物能那么做 |
[03:57] | But it damn well didn’t seem human, neither. | 但看来那晚的事又不像人类做的 |
[04:00] | Take a look at my boy’s scars. | 看看我儿子的疤痕 |
[04:05] | It was dark. | 天很黑 |
[04:07] | We heard a growl. We went out to protect the cattle. | 我们听到有咆哮声 我们出去保护牛 |
[04:10] | I could have swore I saw… | 我可以发誓我所看到的 |
[04:13] | red eyes and fangs. | 红眼睛和狼牙 |
[04:18] | I thought my boy Lyle was… | 我以为我儿子赖尔… |
[04:22] | Look, nobody… nobody… | 告诉你们 没有人… 没有人 |
[04:24] | was more shocked and upset than I was | 比我更震惊和更难过 |
[04:27] | to find out it was that young Indian boy | 当我发现 那是个年轻的印第安少年 |
[04:29] | but if he killed our cattle… | 但如果是他杀我的牛 |
[04:31] | I’m very sorry that we had to | 我是很遗憾的 |
[04:33] | find out about it that way | 我必须用这样的方式揭发事实 |
[04:35] | but as far as I’m concerned that’s the end of it. | 到现在为止我所关心的 这是事件的终结 |
[04:39] | Can we see the corral? | 我们可以看看牛栏吗? |
[04:41] | I’ll take you out there. | 我带你们去 |
[04:46] | Agent Mulder? | 穆德探员 |
[04:47] | Yeah? | 什么? |
[04:49] | Agent Scully… | 史卡利探员 |
[04:51] | I suppose if I were hearing our side of the story | 我猜如果我听到这一边的故事 |
[04:54] | it might not hold up too well… | 我也觉得不能完全信服 |
[04:57] | parts I don’t understand myself… | 有些部分连我也不明白 |
[05:00] | things my father could never try to explain to a stranger. | 我父亲是不会对陌生人提及这些事的 |
[05:02] | What kinds of things? | 怎样的事? |
[05:05] | For the last few months | 这去几个月 |
[05:07] | whenever we’d go outside at night to check the cattle | 无论何时 晚上我们都会出去检查牛 |
[05:10] | we never saw anything out of the ordinary… | 从来没有看到奇怪的事 |
[05:12] | not a mountain lion, not a coyote | 没有山狮 没有郊狼 |
[05:14] | not even any Tregoes, Agent Scully… | 连一个翠廓人都没有 史卡利探员 |
[05:20] | but I can feel it… | 但我可以感觉到 |
[05:23] | something not human… | 有种不是人类的东西 |
[05:24] | out there… | 在某个地方 |
[05:28] | watching me. | 看着我 |
[05:31] | The air was more still. | 空气非常凝重 |
[05:34] | The night animals more quiet. | 夜行动物非常安静 |
[05:36] | It was like nature herself was terrified. | 就像大自然也在恐惧着 |
[05:40] | Gave me the creeps. | 使我毛骨悚然 |
[05:43] | The creeps? | 毛骨悚然? 是啊 |
[05:44] | Yeah. The creeps. | 毛骨悚然 |
[05:48] | Don’t you ever get the creeps? | 你从没感到毛骨悚然吗? |
[06:00] | The victim was shot there | 被害者是在那边中枪的 |
[06:03] | about three meters from where Parker fired. | 距离派克开枪大约有3公尺 |
[06:07] | There’s no way he could have mistaken a person for an animal. | 这么近的距离 他不可能把人看成动物 |
[06:11] | It’s open-and-shut, Mulder. | 他是故意开枪的 穆德 |
[06:14] | You know, I’m surprised you volunteered for this assignment. | 你知道的 我很意外你自愿接这案子 |
[06:19] | Any Bureau agent could have investigated this reservation homicide. | 其他探员也能调查这件保护区谋杀案 |
[06:23] | Why are you interested? | 为何你对此有兴趣? |
[06:51] | Well, there seems to be nothing unexplainable about this case. | 看来此案并没有不可思议之处 |
[06:55] | Nope. | 没有 |
[06:56] | Not a thing. | 一点也没有 |
[07:03] | Mulder, this is so odd. | 穆德 这真奇怪 |
[07:06] | It’s almost like a snakeskin that’s been shed. | 看来就像是蛇蜕的皮 |
[07:08] | I suspect the Parkers knowingly killed Goodensnake. | 我怀疑派克是故意枪杀约瑟夫 古登史奈 |
[07:12] | They hardly seem the type to skin their victim. | 但他们不像会剥下受害者的皮 |
[07:14] | Police and coroner’s report | 而且警察和验尸官的报告 |
[07:16] | make no mention of such an act. | 也没有提到 |
[07:18] | We’ll have to look at the body ourselves. | 好吧 我们应该亲身去看看那男孩的尸体 |
[07:22] | The body’s been transferred to reservation authorities. | 那男孩的尸体已经转往保护区 |
[07:25] | We’re supposed to get in touch with, | 我们应保持联络 |
[07:27] | uh…Sheriff Tskany. | 查理 特斯卡尼警长 |
[08:11] | Excuse me. We’re not from around here. | 对不起 我们不是本地人 |
[08:13] | We’re looking for Sheriff Tskany. | 我们在找特斯卡尼警长 |
[08:22] | Anyone know Charley Tskany? | 有谁认识查理 特斯卡尼? |
[08:26] | Go home, F.B.I. | 回家吧 联邦调查局 |
[08:30] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道? |
[08:33] | I could smell you a mile away. | 我一早就闻得出 |
[08:35] | Well, they told me that even though my deodorant’s made for a woman | 他们告诉我 即使这清香剂是女人使用的 |
[08:39] | it’s strong enough for a man. | 但对男人也有效 |
[08:46] | I was at Wounded Knee in 1973. | 1973年的伤膝事件我在场 |
[08:49] | What I learned fighting the F.B.I. is | 我学到对抗调查局的方法就是 |
[08:53] | you don’t believe in us, | 你不相信我们 |
[08:55] | and we don’t believe in you. | 我们也不相信你 |
[08:57] | I want to believe. | 我想相信 |
[09:02] | Why you here? What are you looking for? | 你们为何在此? 你们在找什么? |
[09:06] | You know what we’re looking for. | 我想你知道我们在找什么 |
[09:08] | You tell me what I know. | 你告诉我你知道的 |
[09:10] | We’re looking for information | 我们在寻找任何能够 |
[09:12] | on the homicide of Joe Goodensnake. | 提供约瑟夫谋杀案的资料的人 |
[09:14] | We’re looking for anything | 我们在找任何东西能做出 |
[09:16] | that can create human tracks in one step | 一步是人的足迹 |
[09:18] | and animal tracks in the next. | 而下一步是动物的足迹 |
[09:21] | Parker. | 派克… |
[09:22] | He found what you’re looking for. | 他找到你们在找的东西 |
[09:26] | He killed what you’re looking for, F.B.I. | 他杀了你们在找的东西 联邦探员 |
[09:31] | Parker and his kid killed my brother. | 派克和他儿子杀的是我弟弟 |
[09:33] | You’re all too afraid of | 而你们所有人 |
[09:34] | some stupid Indian legend to do anything. | 都害怕一些愚蠢的印第安传说 |
[09:35] | I hate it! | 我讨厌! |
[09:37] | Gwen! | 葛雯 |
[09:38] | I hate suits who are here | 我讨厌这些穿西装的人 |
[09:39] | when they want something | 他们有需要的时候才来 |
[09:41] | but when we need help | 而当我们需要帮助时 |
[09:42] | they’re nowhere to be found. | 却一个也找不到 |
[09:51] | Sheriff Tskany? | 特斯卡尼警长? |
[09:55] | I’m Agent Scully and this is Agent Mulder. | 我是史卡利探员 这位是穆德探员 |
[09:59] | Goodensnake’s body is in my office. | 古登史奈的尸体在我辨公室 |
[10:21] | Bill, Tom. | 比尔 汤姆 |
[10:24] | Let them through. | 让他们进去 |
[10:25] | Come on, boys. Let them through. | 好了 孩子们 让他们进去 |
[10:36] | Who are they? | 他们是谁? |
[10:38] | Guardians of the dead. | 死者的守护人 |
[10:40] | They escort the deceased spirits to the new world. | 他们负责引导亡灵到新世界去 |
[10:44] | I only let them as far as the front door. | 我只让他们待在前门口 |
[10:47] | Anybody that knows me knows that | 任何人都知道 |
[10:48] | I keep ancient beliefs out there | 祖先信仰我留在外面 |
[10:49] | and police work in here. | 在里面我就执行警察的工作 |
[10:51] | The woman in the pool hall | 在撞球场的女人说 |
[10:53] | said people were afraid of some legend. | 有些人害怕印第安传说 |
[10:55] | What do they believe about the Parker case? | 派克的案件中 他们认为是什么传说? |
[10:58] | I’m not a park ranger | 我不是这里的公园管理员 |
[11:00] | here to answer questions about Indians. | 回答你有关印第安人的问题 |
[11:01] | Whenever I need federal help I never get it. | 当我需要联邦的协助时 却从来得不到 |
[11:05] | Since this case falls | 而此案 |
[11:07] | under the jurisdiction of the F.B.I. | 是在联邦调查局的职权下 |
[11:09] | You’re entitled to examine the body. | 你们有权检验尸体 |
[11:12] | So let’s get it over with. | 所以赶快检查吧 |
[11:19] | Was the woman in the pool hall his sister? | 在撞球场的女人是他姐姐吗? |
[11:22] | – Gwen. – She and Joe are primarily responsible | 葛雯 她和约瑟夫是 |
[11:25] | for fueling the boundary dispute with Parker. | 挑起派克土地纠纷的主因 |
[11:27] | They felt he had been grazing his cattle | 他们觉得派克利用牛 |
[11:29] | farther and father onto the reservation. | 慢慢侵占保护区的土地 |
[11:32] | Parker probably told you it was his idea to settle in court. | 派克该有告诉你 是他提议到法院解决纠纷 |
[11:35] | Joe and Gwen filed the suit. | 但约瑟夫和葛雯提出告诉 |
[11:40] | – Take a look at that scar tissue. – Yeah. | 看看这伤痕的组织 是的 |
[11:43] | Looks like he had been attacked by an animal as well. | 看来他也被动物袭击 |
[11:46] | Could Joe have been attacked also? | 约瑟夫也被袭击吗? |
[11:49] | Maybe the Parkers did see an animal. | 也许派克真的看到了一只动物 |
[11:52] | No. | 不对 |
[11:53] | Those wounds have been healing for quite some time. | 这伤痕有一阵子了 |
[11:57] | The shotgun wound indicates point-blank range. | 枪伤显示开枪的距离 |
[12:00] | The pellets entered the body in a single mass. | 子弹干净俐落地射穿 |
[12:04] | The assailant couldn’t have been more than three feet away. | 开枪者不可能超过3尺 |
[12:07] | We need to take a look at Goodensnake’s dental records. | 我们需要看看 约瑟夫 古登史奈的牙医纪录 |
[12:26] | These are the canine cuspids. They’re normal. | 看 这些是犬齿 它们很正常 |
[12:29] | Could his records have been switched? | 他的纪录会不会被调换或乱放呢? |
[12:32] | The second incisor is chipped | 你看 第二颗门牙有断裂 |
[12:34] | just like the ones in his mouth. | 就像他嘴里那一只 |
[12:36] | These match Joe Goodensnake’s. | 这和约瑟夫 古登史奈吻合 |
[12:38] | There are cases of calcium phosphate salts | 有些医学纪录随年龄增长 |
[12:41] | developing abnormally with age but… | 钙化磷盐不正常地生长 但… |
[12:43] | That could account for what Jim Parker claims to have seen. | 这说明了吉姆 派克宣称所看到的东西 |
[12:46] | He was out that night | 那晚他在屋外 |
[12:48] | expecting to see a mountain lion killing his cattle. | 以为会看到山狮杀他的牛 |
[12:51] | He gets rattled and the flashlight beam catches Joe here. | 当手电筒照到约瑟夫时 他感到惊慌失措 |
[12:53] | Parker saw what he wanted to see… an animal. | 派克看到他以为会看到的… 一只动物 |
[12:56] | Lyle was attacked. | 赖尔 派克被袭击 |
[12:56] | He has scars just like Joe. | 他与约瑟夫有同样的伤痕 |
[12:58] | Do you have a facility for an autopsy? | 你这里有没有设施可以让我们做解剖? |
[13:00] | Why? | 为什么? |
[13:03] | If Joe’s teeth are abnormal, an autopsy might reveal | 如果约瑟夫的牙齿不正常 |
[13:05] | abnormalities in the interior of his anatomy. | 验尸可以知道他体内 是否有不正常的情形 |
[13:09] | I can’t allow that. | 我不同意 |
[13:21] | I’m fully qualified. | 我有法医资格 |
[13:23] | No. I can’t let you do an autopsy. | 不 我不能让你们验尸 |
[13:24] | The funeral is tonight. | 葬礼在今晚举行 |
[13:27] | It’s a cremation. After that we’ll have nothing. | 是用火葬 之后就没什么可以调查的 |
[13:30] | Tregoes believe that the recent dead are unsettled | 翠廓族人相信刚死的人 |
[13:32] | by their new condition as spirits. | 尚未习惯灵魂的新形式 |
[13:34] | Any desecration of the body angers the spirit | 若对尸体不敬 会使灵魂愤怒 |
[13:37] | and keeps it haunting this world. | 会导致他流落在世间 |
[13:39] | A law enforcement officer | 但你是执法者 |
[13:41] | can’t destroy evidence. | 你不能毁掉证据 |
[13:42] | Don’t tell me what I can’t do. | 别跟我说我做不到的事 |
[13:45] | Native Americans believe | 美国原住民相信 |
[13:47] | there are laws greater than that of the U.S. Government. | 有比美国政府法律更高的权威 |
[13:50] | If they want Joe at rest | 如果他们希望约瑟夫安息 |
[13:51] | rather than used asa piece of evidence | 多过让他当证据 |
[13:52] | that’s the way it’s going to be. | 就只有这样做 |
[13:55] | If you want to make an issue out of it with your authorities | 如你们想拿此作文章往上报告 |
[13:59] | go right ahead. | 随你们便 |
[14:01] | Charley, do you believe | 查理? 你相信 |
[14:04] | that the spirit of Joe Goodensnake | 约瑟夫 古登史奈的灵魂 |
[14:06] | is in that room? | 在那房间里吗? |
[14:11] | All I know is | 我所知道的是 |
[14:14] | tomorrow, the day after, | 明天或后天 |
[14:16] | you’re going to leave | 你们就会离开 |
[14:18] | but I have to stay here. | 但我要留在这里 |
[14:20] | I’ve got to answer to these people. | 我要对这些人交代的 |
[14:24] | You can continue your investigation. | 你们可以继续调查 |
[14:26] | You’re going to have to do it without Joe Goodensnake’s body. | 但不能碰古登史奈的尸体 |
[14:57] | Mulder, since we’ve been here | 穆德 自从我们到这里后 |
[14:59] | you’ve acted as if you expected to | 你的行动就像是你预期到 |
[15:02] | find every piece of evidence we’ve come across. | 我们能找到所有证据 |
[15:04] | What aren’t you telling me? | 你对我有什么隐瞒? |
[15:07] | Why are we here? | 我们为什么来这里? |
[15:12] | A true piece of history, Scully… | 这是历史的一部分 史卡利 |
[15:16] | The very first X-File | 最早期的第一份X档案 |
[15:18] | initiated by J. Edgar Hoover himself in 1946. | 在1946年 由胡佛自己开始的 |
[15:25] | During World War II | 第二次世界大战期间 |
[15:26] | a series of murders occurred in and around the Northwest. | 在西北地区发生连环谋杀案 |
[15:29] | Seven here in Browning alone. | 布朗宁这里就有七件 |
[15:30] | Each victim was basically ripped to shreds | 每个受害人基本上都被撕成碎片 |
[15:34] | and eaten as if by a wild animal. | 以及被可能是野兽之类的吞食 |
[15:35] | However, many of the victims were found at home | 但是大多数的受害人 被发现死在家中 |
[15:39] | as if they allowed their killer to enter. | 好像他们容许杀手进门 |
[15:43] | In 1946, police cornered what they believed to be | 1946年 警察在冰河国家公园里找到 |
[15:46] | such an animal in a cabin in Glacier National Park. | 他们认为的野兽 |
[15:51] | They shot it | 他们开枪打中了它 |
[15:53] | but when they went in to retrieve the carcass | 但当他们去搜索尸体时 |
[15:55] | they found only the body of Richard Watkins. | 只发现理查 华金斯的尸体 |
[15:58] | Sounds like the Parker scenario. | 听起来很像派克的案件 |
[16:01] | The murders stopped that year. | 那年不再有谋杀案 |
[16:02] | Because the cases were unsolved and so bizarre | 因为这些案件未破 而且认为太诡异 |
[16:05] | Hoover locked them away | 胡佛就把它们压着 |
[16:07] | hoping that people around here would forget about them. | 希望时间一过 人们就会忘记 |
[16:10] | This file indicates that they started again in 1954. | 档案记录谋杀案在1954年再次开始 |
[16:15] | And ’59, ’64, ’78, | 在59年 64年 78年 |
[16:17] | and now again in ’94 | 和现在94年又再次发生 |
[16:20] | but… | 但是… |
[16:22] | Here it comes. | 又来了 |
[16:24] | These animal-man related murders | 这些人兽有关的谋杀案 |
[16:26] | predate the oldest X-File by 150 years. | 可追溯到150年前最早期的X档案 |
[16:28] | Members of the Lewis and Clark expedition | 探险队队员 路易斯和克拉克记载着 |
[16:30] | wrote of Indian men who could change | 有些印第安人能转变 |
[16:31] | their shape into that of a wolf. | 他们的形态变成一只狼 |
[16:34] | Mulder, what this… | 穆德 这是… |
[16:37] | What this folder describes is called lycanthropy. | 这叫做变狼妄想症 |
[16:41] | It’s a type of insanity | 这是一种精神病 |
[16:43] | in which an individual believes that he can turn into a wolf. | 患者相信自己会变成狼 |
[16:47] | I mean, | 我的意思是 |
[16:48] | no one can physically change into an animal. | 没有人的肉体可以变身成动物 |
[17:02] | How can you just dismiss the evidence… | 你怎能忽略那些证据呢? |
[17:04] | the tracks in the mud, the shredded skin | 泥中的脚印 脱落的皮 |
[17:06] | a man with the teeth of an animal? | 有动物牙齿的人 |
[17:08] | Mulder, even if you’re right | 穆德 即使你是对的 |
[17:09] | and Joe Goodensnake did somehow have the ability | 约瑟夫 古登史奈有那种能力 |
[17:12] | to transform physically into an animal | 外表上变成野兽 |
[17:15] | he’s dead. Jim Parker shot him. | 但他已经死了 派克射杀了他 |
[17:18] | In a couple of moments his body will be burned. | 待会儿他的尸体就会被火化 |
[17:21] | End of mystery. | 神秘事件就此完结 |
[17:25] | Let’s hope so. | 希望如此 |
[17:47] | You don’t belong here. | 你们不应该在这里 |
[17:49] | Gwen… | 葛雯… |
[17:50] | You’re around to wrap up your investigation. | 你只是来为调查做结尾 |
[17:57] | I just wanted to say I’m sorry about your brother. | 我只想说 我对你弟弟的事感到很遗憾 |
[18:01] | I feel sad for anyone who loses a part of their family. | 我对任何失去家中一份子的人 都会感到难过 |
[18:05] | A part? | 一份子? |
[18:07] | He was my whole family. | 他是我的全部 |
[18:11] | I’m it now. | 现在只剩我一个人了 |
[18:16] | As a demonstration of sorrow | 为了表示我的哀痛 |
[18:19] | I’m supposed to give away | 依照习俗 |
[18:21] | all my brother’s possessions. | 我应该把他的遗物分给大家 |
[18:27] | Gwen, I don’t know what to say. | 葛雯 我不知道该说些什么 |
[18:29] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了 |
[18:32] | He had more possessions than he had friends. | 他的遗物比朋友还多 |
[19:02] | I read the report of your investigation | 我看过你的调查报告 |
[19:04] | into the Goodensnake homicide. | 关于古登史奈的谋杀案 |
[19:06] | It was very good. | 写得很好 |
[19:08] | It was thorough, professional. | 很仔细 很专业 |
[19:10] | But what I want to know is off the record. | 但我想知道的是纪录以外的事 |
[19:14] | What do you think really happened? | 你们认为到底是怎么一回事? |
[19:17] | Your explanation, Agent Mulder | 你的解释 穆德 |
[19:19] | is lying on that burial platform. | 正躺在葬礼台上 |
[19:20] | Why don’t you just accept that and go home? | 为何你不接受事实然后回家? |
[19:26] | Charley, do you believe in shape-shifting? | 查理 你相信变形吗? |
[19:30] | This is a funeral. | 这是场葬礼 |
[21:32] | Get out! | 离开这里 |
[21:33] | I want to show my respects. | 我只想表示我的尊重 |
[21:35] | I don’t want your respects. | 我不要你的尊重 |
[21:38] | I want your heart to grow cold. | 我要你的心变冷 |
[21:40] | I want you to feel what I’m feeling! | 我要你感受到我的感受 |
[21:46] | I think you better leave, Mr. Parker. | 我认为你最好离开 派克先生 |
[21:52] | I wish your brother could be here. | 我希望你弟弟还活着 |
[21:55] | I wish that more than anything else. | 我是真心诚意这么想 |
[24:16] | By the way the body’s been mutilated | 以尸体支离破碎的情况来看 |
[24:17] | I’d say he’s been attacked by a large predator | 我可以说 他是被大型的猛兽袭击 |
[24:20] | or somebody wanted it to look that way. | 或是有人刻意做成那样 |
[24:22] | Do you think this is retaliation | 你认为这是有人 |
[24:24] | for the death of Joe Goodensnake? | 为约瑟夫 古登史奈复仇吗? |
[24:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:30] | Have you talked to Gwen Goodensnake? | 你与葛雯 古登史奈谈过吗? |
[24:32] | She seemed pretty upset last night. | 昨晚她看来很难过 |
[24:33] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[24:34] | Nobody has seen her since the funeral. | 葬礼之后就没人见过她 |
[24:37] | I’ve put an A.P.B. Out on her. | 我会派人去找她 |
[24:40] | And what about Lyle Parker? | 赖尔 派克呢? |
[24:42] | We can’t find him either. | 我们也找不到他 |
[24:45] | He could be dead as well. | 他可能也死了 |
[24:49] | I’ll take a look around. | 我去找找看 |
[26:17] | That’s not from any animal I’ve ever seen. | 这不是普通的动物 我从来没见过 |
[26:20] | Sheriff, I think it’s time we had a talk. | 警长 我们应该好好的谈谈 |
[26:25] | An exchange of ideas? | 交换意见? |
[26:27] | Mulder! | 穆德! |
[26:34] | I’m taking Lyle to the hospital. | 穆德 我带赖尔去医院 |
[26:42] | He’s suffering from exposure. | 他受到灼伤 |
[26:44] | When he’s been checked out | 等他看过医生 |
[26:46] | I’m gonna question him. | 我会问他话 |
[26:57] | What are you hiding? | 你隐瞒着什么? |
[27:00] | I thought it was over. | 我以为事件已经结束 |
[27:02] | Over? | 结束? |
[27:04] | Is that why you wouldn’t allow | 所以你不肯 |
[27:05] | an autopsy on Joe Goodensnake’s body? | 让我们解剖约瑟夫 古登史奈? |
[27:07] | You thought it would all end when he was cremated? | 你以为当葬礼过后 一切就会结束吗? |
[27:09] | What were you afraid we’d find? | 你害怕我们会发现什么? |
[27:12] | I can’t tell you | 我不能告诉你 |
[27:14] | but I’ll take you to somebody who can. | 但我会带你去见 一个能告诉你的人 |
[27:34] | I’m ashamed to say it | 我不好意思说 |
[27:35] | after what happened at the funeral. | 葬礼后发生的事 |
[27:37] | I picked up some bourbon | 我喝了些威士忌 |
[27:40] | and I don’t remember a thing after that. | 之后就什么都不记得了 |
[27:47] | Sometimes, when I’m down | 有时当我心情不好时 |
[27:49] | I go out to where me and my dad keep stray animals | 我会出去看我和爸爸收养的流浪动物 |
[27:51] | that wander in on the ranch. | 它们都在牧场徘徊 |
[27:54] | I just watch them, you know. | 我只是看着它们 |
[27:55] | Keeps things in perspective. | 心情就会好得多 |
[27:59] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[28:02] | my mom… when she was alive… | 当我妈妈还活着时 |
[28:05] | was the one that started keeping those animals. | 是她开始收养动物 |
[28:07] | I guess I go out there and think about her too. | 我想我去那里也会想她 |
[28:12] | God, I must have been really wasted | 天啊 我脱光衣服 |
[28:14] | to run around there naked. | 在那边乱晃一定很难看 |
[28:17] | You must have thought I was one of those animals. | 你一定以为 我是其中的一只动物 |
[28:23] | When you did go home, did you talk to your father? | 你何时回家的? 跟你父亲谈过吗? |
[28:27] | No. He’d have been mad I even went to the funeral. | 不 知道我去参加葬礼 他会很生气 |
[28:33] | I… | 我… |
[28:33] | I have… an image of him | 我记得他 |
[28:37] | sitting on the front porch | 坐在前廊的影像 |
[28:39] | but… I don’t remember talking to him. | 不过…我不记得跟他谈过话 |
[28:42] | – Why? – Your father is dead. | 为什么问这个? 你父亲去世了 |
[28:52] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[29:01] | It appears as if he’s been… | 他看起来像是 |
[29:04] | attacked by an animal, but… | 被野兽袭击 但是… |
[29:07] | I suspect it may be homicide. | 我怀疑这可能是谋杀 |
[29:10] | Lyle, I lost my father recently | 赖尔 我父亲最近才过世 |
[29:13] | and I know how overwhelming… | 我了解你的心情… |
[29:15] | Was it my fault? | 是我的错吗? |
[29:20] | By going to the funeral, did it anger them | 我去参加葬礼就激怒他们 |
[29:22] | into killing my father? | 来杀我父亲吗? |
[29:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:32] | I can deal with death. | 我可以接受死亡 |
[29:34] | You know, living on the ranch, being close to nature and all | 住在牧场 跟大自然很接近 |
[29:38] | you see how it all works. Things are born. Things die. | 你了解到大自然的运作 出生 死亡… |
[29:42] | Everything else falls in between. | 每个生命都是如此 |
[29:49] | But if I caused it… | 但如果是我所引起的… |
[29:52] | If I brought it on | 如果是我带来的… |
[29:54] | I couldn’t, uh… | 我不可…我… |
[30:14] | I saw it once with my own eyes. | 我亲眼见过一次 |
[30:18] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前了 |
[30:21] | It seemed like a dream. | 就好像一场梦 |
[30:23] | I was a boy. | 我还是小孩 |
[30:26] | Was that 1946? | 是1946年吗? |
[30:28] | The Watkins case? | 是华金斯案吗? |
[30:32] | I sense you’re different, F.B.I. | 我感觉到你与众不同 探员 |
[30:34] | You’re more open to Native American belief | 你比一些原住民 |
[30:37] | than some Native Americans. | 更接受原住民的信仰 |
[30:43] | You even have an Indian name… | 你甚至有个印第安名字… |
[30:46] | Fox. | 福克斯(狐狸) |
[30:47] | You should be Running Fox or Sneaky Fox. | 你应该是”飞奔狐狸” 或是”鬼崇狐狸” |
[30:52] | Just as long as it’s not Spooky Fox. | 只要不是”怪异狐狸”就好了 |
[30:55] | Tell me, Ish… what did you see? | 告诉我 艾许 你看到什么? |
[31:02] | Watkins had been attacked by an animal | 华金斯独自在森林时 |
[31:07] | when he was alone in the woods. | 被一只动物袭击 |
[31:11] | His scars healed. It was forgotten. | 他的伤复原后 这件事就被遗忘了 |
[31:14] | Then the murders began. | 接着谋杀案开始了 |
[31:17] | The Tregoes… | 我们翠廓族人知道 |
[31:20] | we realized that Watkins had been attacked | 华金斯是被亚尔罔京人 |
[31:24] | by what the Algonquins call the manitou | 召唤的”神灵” 袭击 |
[31:30] | an evil spirit | 那是邪恶的灵 |
[31:32] | capable of changing a man into a beast. | 有能力把人变成野兽 |
[31:36] | To be attacked by a manitou | 被神灵袭击的人 |
[31:39] | causes the victim to become one. | 也会变成神灵 |
[31:42] | The healed scars on Joe Goodensnake’s body. | 约瑟夫 古登史奈的身上有痊愈的伤痕 |
[31:45] | The manitou overtakes a man by night, | 神灵在夜晚控制人类 |
[31:49] | not by full moon | 不是在月圆之夜 |
[31:51] | but when its blood lust builds to uncontrollable level | 当无法控制对血的渴望时 |
[31:55] | the man changes to a sickening creature. | 人就变成恶心的怪兽 |
[31:58] | It kills, releasing a savage energy. | 藉由杀戮来释放残酷的能量 |
[32:03] | The man returns to his true self | 而当他变回人型时 |
[32:07] | unaware of what has happened. | 不知道发生过什么事 |
[32:11] | The cycle begins anew the next day. | 翌日又开始循环 |
[32:16] | This continues until death. | 不断继续直到死亡 |
[32:19] | One night | 有一晚 |
[32:21] | when I was 16 years old | 当我还是16岁时 |
[32:25] | I was coming back from fishing in the Cut Bank Creek. | 于溪边钓完鱼回家 |
[32:28] | I knew a shortcut behind Watkins’ house. | 我知道华金斯家后面有捷径 |
[32:33] | There was a… A groan. | 我听到… 呻吟声… |
[32:37] | Not animal, | 不是动物 |
[32:39] | but not human. | 也不是人类 |
[32:42] | I looked into his window. | 我往他的窗里看 |
[32:45] | He was covered in sweat and blood. | 他满身都是汗和血 |
[32:50] | He was in a great, | 他受着极大 |
[32:53] | great pain. | 极大的痛苦 |
[32:58] | His arm… the skin ripped. | 他手臂… 皮肤裂开… |
[33:02] | It tore up and fell to the floor. | 他扯掉后 掉在地上 |
[33:05] | Claws sprang from his fingernails. | 从手指长出长爪 |
[33:09] | He turned, screaming | 他转身 怒吼 |
[33:13] | and he saw me. | 然后他看到我 |
[33:15] | His eyes… | 他的眼睛… |
[33:17] | his eyes were still human. | 他的眼睛仍然是人类 |
[33:21] | They begged me to kill him | 他求我杀死他 |
[33:24] | and if I had been hunting and had my gun | 如果我带枪出来打猎 |
[33:26] | I’d have done it without a second thought. | 我不会多想就马上杀了他 |
[33:30] | But being a boy, | 但我只是个男孩 |
[33:32] | and scared to death | 又嚇得要死 |
[33:36] | I ran away. | 我就逃走了 |
[33:38] | Shortly after, the police killed him. | 不久后 警察杀死了他 |
[33:40] | But the manitou rose again. | 但神灵又出现了 |
[33:44] | Eight years later. | 在八年之后 |
[33:47] | But with Watkins dead | 但华金斯死后 |
[33:49] | how could there have been an attack by a manitou? | 怎么还有人被神灵袭击呢? |
[33:51] | Watkins had a son. | 华金斯有个儿子 |
[33:55] | It could be passed along bloodlines. | 这可能会遗传 |
[33:58] | Gwen. | 葛雯 |
[34:03] | If Joe Goodensnake was this creature | 如果约瑟夫 古登史奈的怪病 |
[34:05] | then perhaps it didn’t originate in him by the first attack | 不是因为被袭击 |
[34:09] | but was handed down through the bloodlines. | 而是由遗传得来的 |
[34:11] | Gwen could have it also. | 这表示葛雯可能也一样 |
[34:12] | Gwen could have killed Parker. | 可能是葛雯杀死派克 |
[34:38] | Gwen! | 葛雯! |
[34:46] | No, no, no…! | 不… |
[34:51] | You’re under arrest, Gwen, | 你被逮捕了 葛雯 |
[34:52] | for stealing Ish’s car. | 你偷了艾许的车子 |
[34:55] | What happened? | 发生什么事 葛雯? |
[34:56] | What are you running from? | 你在逃避什么? |
[34:58] | I saw it. | 我看到了! |
[35:01] | I saw it kill Parker. | 我… 我看到它杀了派克 |
[35:04] | Let her up. | 让她起来 |
[35:11] | I went there after the funeral. | 在丧礼之后 我去了那里 |
[35:15] | I was going to mess up the kid. | 我本来要去教训那孩子 |
[35:17] | So I waited. | 所以我等… |
[35:19] | Parker was on the porch. | 但派克在前廊 |
[35:21] | Then this thing, | 然后那东西 |
[35:24] | this animal… | 那野兽… |
[35:25] | Oh, my God! | 天啊… |
[35:30] | I’ve never been so scared. | 我从没这么害怕过 |
[35:32] | I ran, and I hid in the woods all day. | 我逃走了 整天躲在林子里 |
[35:35] | I wanted to get out… | 我想离开 |
[35:37] | I wanted to get out of here. | 我想离开这里 |
[35:39] | I wanted to get out of here. | 我想离开这里 |
[35:42] | Bring her inside. | 带她进屋子 |
[35:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:00] | Hello. This is Doctor Joseph. | 你好 我是约瑟夫医生 |
[36:01] | This is Agent Mulder from the F.B.I. | 我是调查局的穆德探员 |
[36:04] | I was told I could reach Agent Scully at this number. | 有人告诉我打这个号码 可以找到史卡利探员 |
[36:06] | We released Lyle Parker from the hospital. | 是的 我们让赖尔派克离开医院 |
[36:09] | She’s taking him back to the ranch. | 她带他回牧场去 |
[36:10] | I can reach her there? | 所以我可以在那里找到她? |
[36:12] | They just left. | 他们刚离开 |
[36:15] | There’s something I feel you should know. | 有些事我觉得该让你知道 |
[36:18] | I received the blood tests performed on Lyle Parker | 我接到赖尔派克的血液分析报告 |
[36:20] | and there’s something rather unsettling. | 有件事很奇怪 |
[36:22] | What’s that? | 什么事? |
[36:23] | Traces of his father’s blood type. | 发现了他父亲的血 |
[36:26] | It can only be there through ingestion. | 只有摄取才可能有此状况 |
[37:12] | Power’s out. | 停电了 |
[37:14] | Yep. Happens to us all the time | 是的 这里时常发生 |
[37:16] | being out here in the sticks. | 在森林里经常会这样 |
[37:17] | I’ll fire up the generator. | 我去启动发电机 |
[37:23] | You okay? | 你还好吧? |
[37:25] | I feel sick. | 我觉得不舒服 |
[37:27] | Please, help me into the bathroom. | 请扶我去洗手间 |
[37:40] | Damn. Keeps disconnecting. | 该死! 还是接不通 |
[37:43] | The mountains must be blocking the signal. | 一定是山阻碍了通讯 |
[37:45] | How much farther? | 还有多远? |
[37:46] | About seven miles. | 大约7里 |
[37:52] | Lyle, let me come in. | 赖尔? 让我进去 |
[37:58] | Lyle, I want to take you back to the hospital. Okay? | 赖尔 我带你回医院好吗? |
[38:00] | No! | 不! |
[38:01] | I’ll be all right. | 我没事 |
[38:14] | Lyle? | 赖尔? |
[38:16] | Lyle, answer me. | 赖尔 回答我 |
[38:19] | Lyle, are you all right? | 赖尔 你没事吧? |
[40:16] | Scully! | 史卡利! |
[41:23] | It’s okay. It’s me. | 没事 是我 |
[41:25] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生什么事 |
[41:27] | Something jumped me downstairs. I lost my gun. | 有东西在楼下袭击我 我的枪不见了 |
[41:29] | I heard it come up here. Come on. | 是的 我听到它上来 跟我来 |
[41:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:47] | You all right? | 你没事吧? |
[42:54] | Oh, my God. | 天啊! |
[42:58] | He was in the bathroom sick | 他在洗手间内很不舒服 |
[42:59] | and then we were attacked by the mountain lion. | 然后我们被山狮袭击 |
[43:03] | It wasn’t a mountain lion, Scully. | 不是山狮 史卡利 |
[43:05] | It’s still in a cage. | 山狮还在后面的笼子里 |
[43:27] | Where’s Gwen? | 葛雯在哪里? |
[43:29] | She said she’d come see us before we left. | 她说会在我们走之前过来的 |
[43:32] | She left last night. | 她昨晚离开了 |
[43:34] | Gave away all her possessions to her friends. | 把她所有的东西分给了朋友 |
[43:37] | Just pulled up and left? | 她刚赶过来就马上离开? |
[43:39] | Why? | 她为什么要这样做? |
[43:40] | Her brother’s gone, no family. | 她弟弟死了 没有家人 |
[43:42] | Trouble with Parker is all over. | 跟派克的纠纷已经结束了 |
[43:46] | Maybe she saw something | 也许她看到了一些 |
[43:47] | that she wasn’t ready to understand. | 她无法了解的事 |
[43:51] | Maybe. | 也许是 |
[43:57] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[44:10] | F.B.I. | 探员 |
[44:13] | See you in about… | 大约8年后 |
[44:16] | eight years. | 再见 |
[44:18] | I hope not. | 希望不要 |