时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | 奥林匹克国家森林 华盛顿西北 现在 | |
[00:06] | You’re supposed to be in charge here,Perkins. | 你是负责人 帕金斯 |
[00:08] | – I am in charge. – Well these men want some answers. | 我是负责人 好吧 这些人想要答案 |
[00:10] | What’s your plan? | 他们想知道你的计划 |
[00:11] | This thing could kill us all. | 面对现实吧 这东西会杀死我们的 |
[00:14] | We should’ve gone two days ago. No one would listen to me. | 我们两天前就该离开 没人听我的 |
[00:16] | Nobody knew what it was two days ago Perkins. | 两天前没人知道那东西是什么 |
[00:19] | Nobody knows now. | 现在还是没人知道 |
[00:20] | – Somebody has to go for help. | 该要有个人去求救 |
[00:21] | – What about the rest of us?What are we supposed to do? | 剩下的人呢? 我们该怎么办? |
[00:24] | – Just wait here till help arrives? – It’ll happen if we take a chance. | 在这里等待救援吗? 我们必须要试试看 |
[00:27] | One of us has to hike out! | 我们其中一人得去 |
[00:28] | That person might not make it in time. | 要是那个人到不了怎么办? |
[00:29] | He might not make it down to the road before nightfall! | 那人可能天黑前也下不了山 |
[00:32] | Then what? I say we make a run for it. | 那怎么办? 我看我们还是快逃吧 |
[00:35] | – Split up, take our chances. | 分散来跑 各安天命 |
[00:37] | – It’s suicide, Dyer. | 这是自杀 戴亚 |
[00:39] | Fine. You stay here, tell us how it turns out. | 好 你留在这里 告诉我们结果 |
[01:15] | You’re going the wrong way! | 你们会后悔的! |
[01:38] | – I think it’s broken. – Come on, you gotta get up! | 我的脚好像断了 快 你必须起来! |
[01:41] | I don’t think I can make it. | 我不行了 |
[01:48] | We gotta keep moving! | 我们要继续前进 |
[01:52] | We’re not gonna make it! | 我们逃不了的 |
[02:58] | – Take a good look, Scully. – What am I looking at? | 看清楚 史卡利 我在看什么? |
[03:02] | 30 loggers working a clear-cutting contract in Washington State. | 这三十个人 是在华盛顿州工作的伐木工人 |
[03:06] | Rugged, manly men in the full bloom of manhood. | 百分之百的阳刚男子汉 |
[03:09] | But what am I looking for? | 了解 但是你要我找什么? |
[03:11] | Anything strange, unexplainable, | 任何奇怪的事 无法解释的 |
[03:14] | unlikely… boyfriend? | 不寻常的事… 男朋友? |
[03:15] | I don’t know. I give up, Mulder. | 我不知道 我放弃 穆德 |
[03:18] | You give up? | 你放弃? 真有趣 明显地… |
[03:19] | That’s what the Federal Forest Service has done. | 联邦森林局也同样宣告放弃 |
[03:22] | -Why? What happened to them? | 为什么?他们发生了什么事? |
[03:24] | – One word.They vanished. | 一句话 他们消失了 |
[03:26] | Or so it would appear. | 至少看来是如此 |
[03:29] | This is Doug Spinney and Steven Teague. | 这是道格 史班尼 和史帝芬 提格 |
[03:32] | They call themselves monkey-wrenchers, | 他们称自己为”捣蛋破坏者” |
[03:34] | the guys who drive spines in the trees sabotage logging equipment… | 他们在树林放尖刺 破坏伐木工具 |
[03:37] | Otherwise make life miserable for lumberjacks and lumbermill. | 让伐木工人和伐木厂苦不堪言 |
[03:40] | Eco-terrorists or militant environmentalists. | 环保恐怖份子 或是好战环保人士 |
[03:43] | Right.Two weeks ago, the group of loggers radioed a message… | 是的 两星期前 那批伐木工人透过无线电说 |
[03:47] | ..That Spinney and Teague had gone on a spree. | 史班尼和提格来胡闹 |
[03:50] | Sabotaging equipment, causing general mischief. | 放刺钉在树上 破坏伐木工具 到处恶作剧 |
[03:53] | One week later, all radio communication was cut off. | 一星期后 再也没有任何消息 |
[03:56] | – Do they know why? – No. | 他们知道为什么吗? 不知道 |
[03:59] | The lumber company asked | 伐木公司的人请求 |
[04:00] | the Federal Forest Service to look into the matter. | 联邦森林局来调查此事 |
[04:03] | Two officials were sent in a week ago. No one’s heard from them ever since. | 两位官员被派去查看 之后也下落不明 |
[04:06] | It appears that these monkey-wrenchers | 看来这些”捣蛋破坏者” |
[04:08] | are doing more than mischief-making. | 所做的不只是恶作剧 |
[04:10] | That’s what the lumber company and the Federal Forest Service think. | 伐木公司和联邦森林局也是这么想 |
[04:13] | They’ve asked the FBI to investigate. | 他们要求联邦调查局调查 |
[04:15] | I had to pull some strings to make sure we get the case. | 我动用了些关系 好拿到这件案子 |
[04:18] | For an eco-terrorism case? Do I dare ask why? | 环保恐怖份子案件? 可以问为什么吗? |
[04:21] | In 1934, long before anyone even knew… | 在1934年 那时甚至没有人知道 |
[04:24] | ..What an eco-terrorist was, | 环保恐怖份子是什么 |
[04:25] | a WPA crew… | 一批工程进度管理署的工人 |
[04:27] | ..Working that same area vanished without a trace. | 在同一地方消失 |
[04:30] | Not one of those men was ever found or heard from again. | 再也没有人找到或听过这班人 |
[04:33] | And you suspect – what? – Bigfoot? | 你怀疑是什么? 大脚怪吗? |
[04:36] | Not likely. That’s a lot | 不是 就算是大脚怪 |
[04:37] | of flannel to choke down even for Bigfoot! | 也不可能吃掉这么多人 |
[04:42] | Come on, Scully, it’ll be a nice trip to the forest. | 来吧 史卡利 这会是个美好的森林旅程 |
[05:12] | Hi. | 你好! |
[05:14] | I’m Fox Mulder this is Dana Scully. | 我是穆德 这是史卡利 |
[05:16] | We’re with the FBI. | 我们是联邦调查局的探员 |
[05:17] | Larry Moore, Federal Forest Service. | 赖利 莫尔 联邦森林局 |
[05:20] | You can put your gear in the back of the truck | 你们可以把东西放在货车后 |
[05:22] | Must be pretty rugged where we’re going. | 我们要去的地方 一定很原始吧? |
[05:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:27] | What’s that in your windshield?Is that a bullet hole? | 挡风玻璃上是子弹孔吗? |
[05:29] | – 22 calibre. – Somebody take a shot at you? | 点22口径 有人对你开枪吗? |
[05:32] | It would appear.There’s not much to hunt around here… | 应该是吧 这类型弹药来 |
[05:35] | – ..With 22s except Freddies. – Freddies? | 猎杀的猎物不多 除了森林员 森林员? |
[05:38] | The Federal Forest Service. | 联邦森林局的雇员 |
[05:40] | It’s what eco-terrorists call us. | 环保恐怖份子都这么叫我们 |
[05:42] | Is that who you think took a shot at you? | 你认为是他们对你开枪吗? |
[05:45] | Let me get this outta the way. | 让我把说话讲清楚 |
[05:47] | I have no quarrel with these eco-terrorists in principle. | 我对环保恐怖份子没有意见 |
[05:50] | I’m as concerned for this forest and the environment as anybody. | 我和其他人一样 关心森林和环境 |
[05:55] | It’s their methods I can’t condone. | 是他们的手段我不能宽恕 |
[05:57] | Do you think they would go so far as to kill a man? | 你认为他们会去杀人吗? |
[05:59] | There’s 30 men up there unaccounted for, | 上面有三十个人失踪 |
[06:02] | each with survival experience. | 每个人都有野外求生经验 |
[06:04] | Something happened to ’em. | 他们一定出事了 |
[06:08] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起 我迟到了 |
[06:10] | I was talking to Bob Perkins’ wife. | 我和鲍伯 帕金斯的太太谈话 |
[06:12] | He’s one of our missing loggers. | 他是失踪的伐木工人之一 |
[06:15] | Hey,Larry.Steve Humphreys, | 你好 赖利 史帝芬 哈佛斯 |
[06:17] | head of security for Schiff-lmmergut Lumber. | 史依玛吉伐木公司的保全组组长 |
[06:19] | Mulder, Scully. | 我是穆德 这是史卡利 |
[06:21] | We’ve got a four-hour drive ahead of us. | 我们有四小时的车程 |
[06:23] | Plenty of time to get to know each other. | 有很多时间来认识彼此 |
[06:25] | I get the impression we’ve walked | 你有没有觉得 |
[06:28] | into the middle of a war that’s already started? | 我们已经踏入一个战场? |
[06:40] | Why do these men work so far up in the wilderness? | 为何这些工人要到森林深处? |
[06:43] | – That’s where the trees are. – You’re kidding, right? | 那里才有树木 你在开玩笑 是吗? |
[06:46] | No, environmentalists have pretty much made sure | 不是 环保人士确保这里 |
[06:48] | that all the land is untouchable. | 大部分地方是不能砍伐的 |
[06:50] | Force us to take timber where we can. | 我们只好到许可的地方伐木 |
[06:52] | And then we plant saplings for every tree we take. | 我们每砍一棵树木 就种一棵树苗 |
[06:55] | So why do the eco-terrorists target you? | 那为何环保恐怖份子 要盯着你们? |
[06:58] | These tree-huggers are the same kinda boys… | 看看这些爱树的人 大多数的人 |
[07:01] | ..Who went up to Canada during the Vietnam war. | 就像在越战时逃到加拿大 |
[07:03] | They’re cowardly and so are there tactics. | 他们是懦夫 就像他们的战术一样 |
[07:05] | Dammit! | 该死! |
[07:09] | Home-made tyre spike – | 自制的轮胎刺 整个刺穿了 |
[07:10] | clear through the sidewall. It’s unfixable. | 没法修好 |
[07:13] | – You got a spare, don’t you? – Right tyre’s history, too. | 有备胎吗? 右边的车胎也完了 |
[07:17] | The monkey-wrenchers call it a caltrop. | 捣蛋破坏者称这为卡戳 |
[07:19] | The roads are littered with them. | 这里的路上到处都是 |
[07:21] | lndiscriminate terrorism. Imagine somebody putting this | 这些恐怖份子有杀无类 |
[07:24] | down on spiking the roads of Washington DC. | 万一他们把这些刺 放到华盛顿的道路上 |
[07:27] | Like to see how much sympathy they’d get then! | 我想看看 还有多少人会同情他们? |
[07:29] | So how are we gonna get up to the camp? | 那我们怎么去营地? |
[07:31] | We’re gonna have to hike. | 我们用走的 |
[08:30] | Anybody here? | 有人在吗? |
[08:37] | Someone forgot to clean their plate. | 有人忘记洗碗盘 |
[08:40] | It looks like they left in a hurry, too. | 看来他们是匆忙离开的 |
[08:51] | They forgot to pack. | 他们也忘记收拾行李 |
[08:59] | – Find anything? – Party favours. | 有找到什么吗? 派对用品 |
[09:02] | Vehicles have been monkey-wrenched. Generator’s busted. | 车子都被破坏了 发电机也坏了 |
[09:05] | Someone really turned this place upside down. | 有人把这地方搞得天翻地覆 |
[09:08] | Well whoever did it didn’t want the fact broadcast is here either. | 无论是谁干的 都不想让真相转播出去 |
[09:21] | The radiators are all full of rice. | 散热水箱都是米 |
[09:23] | Sugar or sand in all the crankcases. They really did a number. | 机箱里都是糖或沙粒 他们真的做得很徹底 |
[09:28] | The sun’s going down in an hour and a half. | 一个半小时后太阳就会下山 |
[09:30] | Better look around before dark. | 最好趁天黑前到处看看 |
[09:33] | I’ll see if I can get that generator working. | 我去看是否能把发电机修好 |
[09:36] | – You were right about one thing. – What’s that? | 你说对了一件事 什么事? |
[09:38] | It definitely wasn’t Bigfoot. | 绝对不是大脚怪做的 |
[10:01] | Look at that! | 看那个 |
[10:04] | What is it? | 什么东西? |
[10:07] | It looks like a hive. | 好像是个蜂窝 |
[10:09] | – Maybe a cocoon of some kind. – Made by what? | 可能是蛹之类的东西 用什么做的? |
[10:13] | I don’t know. I’ve never seen anything like it. | 不知道 我从来没看过 |
[10:25] | Got it. | 好了 |
[10:27] | – Can you cut it down? – Yeah, I think so. | 你可不可以把它割下来? 我想可以吧 |
[10:42] | You all right, Scully? | 你没事吧 史卡利? |
[11:10] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[11:20] | It feels, uh… It feels desiccated, hard and dry. | 感觉起来… 感觉很干燥 又硬又干 |
[11:24] | Almost… preserved. | 完全被干燥处理过 |
[11:26] | Like it’s been embalmed. | 像是防腐处理过 |
[11:29] | No, more like all the fluids have been bled from its body. | 不 他身上所有的体液都被吸干了 |
[11:33] | Almost like it’s been cured. | 像是被晒干了 |
[11:35] | I think… | 我想 |
[11:37] | ..It’s a male. | 这是男性 |
[11:39] | Barely. | 勉强算是 |
[11:41] | I’d say it’s some kind of spider’s nest… | 我认为… 是蜘蛛网或 |
[11:44] | ..Or insect cocoon. | 昆虫的蛹 |
[11:47] | What kind of insect could | 哪种昆虫 |
[11:48] | have gotten a man all the way up into that tree? | 能把人吊在树上? |
[11:52] | Itsy-bitsy spider. | 一只大蜘蛛 |
[12:53] | Don’t move! | 别动 |
[12:56] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[13:02] | Doug Spinney. I ought to shoot you where you stand. | 道格 史班尼 我该一枪打死你 |
[13:05] | Might as well shoot yourself too. | 那你不如自杀好了 |
[13:07] | You’re in a helluva spot to test me. | 你凭什么激我? |
[13:09] | – What happened to my men? – What men? | 我的人发生了什么事? 什么人? |
[13:11] | The men who were working in this camp. | 在这营地工作的人 |
[13:15] | I don’t know what happened to them.Probably the same thing | 我不知道他们发生了什么事 |
[13:17] | that’ll happen to us | 当太阳下山后 同样的事 |
[13:19] | when the sun goes down. | 可能会发生在我们身上 |
[13:20] | – What are you doing? – This animal’s Doug Spinney. | 你在做什么? 这是道格 史班尼 |
[13:24] | Hethe man who’s responsible for the monkey-wrenching. | 他就是负责搞破坏的人 |
[13:26] | – He’s probably a murderer as well. – I’m no murderer. | 他也可能是个杀人犯 我不是杀人犯 |
[13:29] | – You are a liar! – Let’s hear what he has to say. | 你说谎! 不妨听听他要说什么 |
[13:30] | If we stand around here talking, | 如果我们站在这里谈话 |
[13:32] | there’ll be nothing left to say. | 以后就没什么好说了 |
[13:34] | I’d start thinking about how to get that generator started. | 我得想办法修好发电机 |
[13:37] | Darkness is our enemy. | 黑暗是我们的敌人 |
[13:39] | What’s he talking about? | 他在说什么? |
[13:41] | Someone wanna give me a hand? | 谁来帮我? |
[13:43] | Now he’s giving orders? I am the man who fixed the damn thing! | 现在他想发号施令? 是我修好那发电机的 |
[13:46] | Hey, it’s all right. | 不要紧的 |
[13:57] | Why did you say the darkness was our enemy? | 为什么你说 黑暗是我们的敌人? |
[14:01] | That’s when they come. | 因为它们会出现 |
[14:03] | – When who comes? – I don’t know what it is. | 谁会出现? 我不知道它们是什么 |
[14:08] | They come from the sky. | 它们来自空中 |
[14:10] | They take a man off his feet and devour him alive. | 把人凌空捉走 活生生吞掉 |
[14:13] | – I saw it happen. – Happen to who? | 我亲眼目睹 发生在谁身上? |
[14:19] | I need to eat. I haven’t eaten in three days. | 我需要吃东西 我已经三天没吃东西了 |
[14:26] | What kinda BS story is that, huh? You believe that? | 那是什么废话故事? 你相信吗? |
[14:31] | – We found something in the forest. – What? | 我们在森林里找到些东西 什么? |
[14:34] | A man caught in some kind of insect cocoon. | 一个人被困在某种昆虫蛹里 |
[14:42] | – What happened here? – We camped two valleys over. | 这里发生什么事? 我们在过两个山谷后露营 |
[14:46] | – Four of us, three now. | 本来有四个人 现在只剩三个 |
[14:48] | – More rats in the woodpile. | 管子里老鼠真多 |
[14:52] | Our truck has a dead battery. | 我们货车的电池没电了 |
[14:55] | We drew straws for who’d hike here to steal one from the loggers. | 所以我们抽签决定 谁去偷伐木工人的电池 |
[14:58] | – Why not just hike out? – It’s more than a day’s hike. | 为什么不走下山? 用走的要一天以上 |
[15:01] | No way we’d want to be caught out in the forest after dark. | 我们不想在天黑后留在森林里 |
[15:04] | Not after what happened to Teague. | 尤其是提格出事之后 |
[15:06] | The man you said was devoured alive? | 就是你说被生吞的那个人吗? |
[15:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:10] | – What are you guys doing out here? – Camping. | 你们在这里做什么? 露营 |
[15:14] | Yeah alright.The kind of camping you do is a federal offence. | 你们这类露营触犯了联邦法 |
[15:17] | – Just hold off a second OK? – No.He’s right. | 请… 等一下 好吗? 不 他说得对 |
[15:20] | This man’s a felon. He could be placed under arrest. | 他是罪犯 应该被拘捕 |
[15:24] | What about your offence, my friend, huh? | 那你们呢? |
[15:27] | What about the offence against nature! | 那你违反大自然法则的罪行呢? |
[15:29] | We operate completely within the law. | 我们依法行事 |
[15:31] | We pay for the right to take those trees. | 我们付钱有权伐木 |
[15:34] | Oh, yeah? Well I have news for you.Your logging crew | 是吗? 我有消息给你 |
[15:36] | is taking trees that nobody has a right to. | 你的伐木工人在非法砍伐 |
[15:38] | Trees that are marked to be protected! | 那些树是有标记和保护的 |
[15:40] | So don’t talk to me about breaking the law… sir! | 所以别跟说我犯法的事 长官 |
[15:44] | – They’ve been taking marked trees? | 他们砍下有标记的树吗? |
[15:46] | – Yes sir.Marked orange. | 是的 长官 橙色标记 |
[15:47] | Old-growth trees? | 成熟的老树吗? |
[15:48] | You know anything about that, Steve? | 你知道这样的事吗 史帝芬? |
[15:52] | No. | 不知道 |
[15:56] | You are take this man’s word over mine? | 难道你相信这个人的话吗? |
[16:02] | You don’t wanna go out in the night. Take my word on that. | 别在晚上外出 相信我的话 |
[16:07] | It’s out there. | 它就在外面 |
[16:10] | What? If I go out, somebody will attack me, | 什么? 如果我出去 有人会袭击我吗? |
[16:12] | eat me alive and spin me in its web | 把我生吞 然后把我粘在蜘蛛网上吗? |
[16:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:17] | Was it too polite to come in here and get me? | 不想冒昧进来捉我吗? |
[16:20] | For some reason, it’s afraid of the light. | 因为某种原因 它怕光 |
[16:23] | “It’s afraid of the light”! | 什么? 它怕光? |
[16:25] | There may be something to what he’s saying.Steve | 他所说的可能是真的 史帝芬 |
[16:28] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎样想吗? |
[16:29] | I think this man is a liar and a murderer and | 我认为这个人是骗子 他是个杀人犯 |
[16:30] | just clever enough to make up that story. | 编出这种故事来骗人 |
[16:32] | Even to whip up that cocoon to save a few trees. | 甚至在树上挂几个蛹 来救几棵树 |
[16:35] | And I’m gonna prove I’m right. | 我会证明我是对的 |
[16:40] | This is ridiculous! | 真是可笑 |
[16:49] | Where is it, Spinney? | 它在哪里 史班尼? |
[16:51] | I thought it was gonna come… | 我以为它会来… |
[16:55] | ..And devour me! | 生吞我 |
[16:57] | Hey, here I am! | 我就在这里 |
[17:02] | Come out, come out, wherever you are! | 出来 不管你在哪里 |
[17:07] | Aaw, don’t be shy. | 别害羞 |
[17:09] | Come on! Huh? | 出来吧 |
[17:14] | It’s just like I told you. | 就如我所说 |
[17:16] | There’s nothing out here but a bunch of trees. | 这里除了树 什么都没有 |
[17:19] | Trees this man values more than human life. | 这个人把树看得比人命还重要 |
[17:22] | I’m gonna see him tried on murder charges. | 我要他因谋杀被起诉 |
[17:28] | What do you think? | 你认为如何? |
[17:30] | I think I’m gonna suggest that we sleep with the lights on. | 我建议今晚睡觉时不要关灯 |
[17:58] | See this Douglas fir? | 你看这颗花旗松? |
[18:00] | It’s been here since before time and your men out it down. | 它已经在这里不知多久了 而你的人砍倒它 |
[18:04] | – Who marks these trees? – Federal Forest Service. | 谁做这些标记? 联邦森林局 |
[18:07] | You’re only supposed to cut trees marked with a blue X. | 你只能砍有蓝色X的树 |
[18:10] | This tree must be hundreds of years old. | 这树一定有几百年了 |
[18:13] | At least. – You must get a lot of lumber from a big tree. | 至少 从这类树来看 你一定得到很多木材 |
[18:16] | Thousands of board feet. | 好几千英呎 |
[18:17] | Helluva lot easier than taking smaller younger trees. | 这比砍很多小树简单多了 |
[18:20] | Let me remind you that monkey-wrenchers like Spinney | 让我提醒你 像史班尼这班”捣蛋破坏者” |
[18:23] | are not above marking trees where they are all paint. | 也会自行伪造标记 |
[18:25] | This tree’s 500 years old if it’s a day.Steve. | 这棵树已经五百年了 史蒂芬 |
[18:27] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[18:30] | What would this represent? | 这代表什么? |
[18:35] | I don’t know. I’ve never seen a ring like that before. | 我不知道 我从没看过这样的年轮 |
[18:39] | Those center rings are the older rings right? | 那些中间的年轮 是比较老的吗? |
[18:41] | Every ring represents a season of growth. | 是的 年轮代表每个生长季节 |
[18:44] | You see these? These are 500, 600 years old. | 你看这些… 这个已经有五 六百年了 |
[18:48] | They’re a recorded history of rainfall and climate. | 它们记录了雨量和气候的历史 |
[18:51] | But this one… I don’t know. I should take a core sample. | 但这个…我不知道 我应该采个木核样本 |
[18:55] | Can we finished this nature walk? | 这趟森林之行结束了吗? |
[18:57] | I wanna know what happened to the loggers. | 我要知道伐木工人 发生了什么事? |
[19:00] | – That’s what we’re trying to determine , sir. | 我们正在尝试找出答案 长官 |
[19:02] | – Looking at a tree stump? | 看树干就能找出答案? |
[19:04] | – Don’t you think we should be interrogate this man. | 你不认为你该审问这个人吗? |
[19:06] | – I don’t think he did it. | 我不认为是他干的 |
[19:07] | – Well I think he did and I want him arrested. | 我认为就是他 我要看他被逮捕 |
[19:08] | – He’s not going anywhere. | 他哪儿也去不了 |
[19:10] | Not with a gun on him. | 那是因为我用枪指着他 |
[19:11] | What happens if he poke around and three buddies show up… | 但如果他的三个好兄弟出现 |
[19:14] | ..And do to you what they did… | 像对付那两个联邦森林官员 |
[19:16] | ..To those Federal Forest officials? Larry? | 一样的对付你 你又怎么办? 赖利? |
[19:19] | I just wanna take a core sample over this tree.Steve | 我只是想采这棵树的样本 |
[19:21] | I got families who want answers | 山下有很多家属等着我们去解释 |
[19:23] | about loved ones and so do you! | 他们家人的下落 |
[19:25] | Answers that not gonna be found in that tree! | 光盯着那棵树瞧 是找不到答案的 |
[19:27] | The only crime here to investigate is the death of that tree. | 这里唯一的罪行 是那棵树的死亡 |
[19:30] | Yeah, well, we’ll see about that. | 走着瞧吧 |
[19:36] | – Steve Where are you going? | 史帝芬 你要去哪里? |
[19:37] | – I’m gonna hike down to your truck. | 我要走到你的货车那里去 |
[19:39] | I’ll get on the horn and | 按喇叭找些人上来 |
[19:40] | get people up here who’ll take some action. | 采取相关行动 |
[19:43] | – Steve! – Oh, let him go. | 史帝芬! 让他去吧 |
[19:45] | Let him find out for himself. | 让他亲眼看看 |
[19:51] | This is odd. | 真奇怪 |
[19:53] | This yellow ring’s got something living in it. | 好像有东西活在黄色的年轮里 |
[19:57] | Some kind of… | 某种… |
[19:59] | ..Tiny bug. | 小虫 |
[20:01] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这不合理 |
[20:03] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[20:04] | Well, parasites attack a tree in a variety of ways,… | 寄生虫攻击树木的方法不一 |
[20:08] | ..But they always attack the living parts. | 但它们只攻击活的部分 |
[20:11] | The leaves, the roots, the new growth rings. | 像是树叶 根部 新年轮 |
[20:14] | Even if they’re borers of some kind,… | 即使它们会钻孔 |
[20:17] | ..They wouldn’t work so deep in that tree. | 也不可能钻入树干这么深 |
[20:19] | Maybe they would if this ring is different | 也许这个年轮很特别 |
[20:21] | they seem to be feeding on it | 它们似乎以这年轮维生 |
[20:22] | Can you identify them? | 你可以认出是什么虫吗? |
[20:24] | It’s a wood mite of some kind. Nothing I’ve ever seen before. | 这是某种小树蜘蛛 我从未见过 |
[20:27] | Can they have been living in that tree fo hundreds of years? | 它们有可能在那棵树里 活上几百年吗? |
[20:29] | I don’t see how. These inner rings are essentially dead wood. | 不太可能 树干内部是死木 |
[20:34] | The tree’s vascular system is limited to the outer few rings. | 树木的输水系统只限在外层 |
[20:38] | They need water to survive. | 它们需要水才能活 |
[20:40] | They appear to be hatching out of the porous wood. | 它们似乎是从树干里 孵化出来的 |
[20:44] | Maybe when you drilled this core, | 也许当你钻木采样本时 |
[20:46] | you tapped into a larger nest. | 会发现个更大的巢 |
[20:48] | Can they build a cocoon? | 它们会不会结蛹? |
[20:52] | Right after that tree was cut down was when Teague died. | 那树被砍倒后提格就死了 |
[20:56] | It’s about the same time when the loggers disappeared too. | 伐木工人也在此时消失 |
[20:59] | You think mite is what killed the man? | 你认为这些小蜘蛛会杀人吗? |
[21:01] | Maybe they’ve been lying their dormant for hundreds of years. | 也许它们沉睡了几百年 |
[21:04] | Maybe they woke up hungry. | 也许它们醒来之后饿了 |
[21:33] | Dammit! | 该死 |
[22:22] | All right, you monkey-wrenchers, come on out now! | 你们这班捣蛋破坏者 出来吧 |
[22:30] | I know what you’re up to! | 我知道你们的企图 |
[24:16] | Humphreys should’ve been back by now. | 哈佛斯现在该要回来了 |
[24:19] | These bugs aren’t moving any more. | 这些虫不动了 |
[24:21] | They’re either dead or they’re asleep. | 它们是死了或是睡了 |
[24:24] | It’s the light.They don’t like the light. | 是光 它们不喜欢光 |
[24:26] | That’s weird. Usually bugs are attracted to light. | 真奇怪 通常昆虫会被光吸引 |
[24:30] | These obviously are not your ordinary bugs. | 很明显的 这些不是普通的虫 |
[24:33] | To say the least. | 至少我这样认为 |
[24:36] | – What do you know about insects Scully? | 你对昆虫了解多少 史卡利? |
[24:38] | – Just what I learned in biology courses. | 只限于生物课学过的 |
[24:41] | That they’re the foundation of our ecosystem,… | 昆虫是生态环境的基础 |
[24:45] | ..That there are lots of them: | 它们有很多种类在这地球上 |
[24:47] | something like 200 million per person on this Earth. | 和人类的比例是2亿比1 |
[24:49] | And they’ve been around a long time, right? | 它们在地球上生存了很久 对吗? |
[24:51] | Yeah.Something like 600 million years. | 是的 约有六亿年 |
[24:53] | Even before the dinosaurs. Why? | 甚至比恐龙更早 为什么? |
[24:55] | And this tree is what? 5,6,700 years old? | 这树约有五到七百年了吧? |
[24:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:00] | And these rings represent history of climatic changes. | 这些年轮记录气候变化的历史 |
[25:03] | Which means that in this year or season in the life of the tree,… | 表示在这树的生命里 这一年或这一季中 |
[25:06] | there were some kind of strange event | 一定是有些奇怪的事 |
[25:08] | that produced an abnormal ring. | 才会产生出反常的年轮 |
[25:09] | – Like what, exactly? – How about a volcanic eruption. | 像是什么? 火山爆发 |
[25:12] | This whole chain of mountains running | 自华盛顿到俄勒岗州的 |
[25:14] | from Washington to Oregon is still extremly active. | 山脉至今依然活跃 |
[25:17] | – Remember Mount St Helens? | 记得圣海伦火山吗? |
[25:19] | – Yeah.How does that explain the bugs? | 是的 但又怎么解释这虫呢? |
[25:22] | Well after Mount St Helens erupted, there was a large amount of radiation was unleashed… | 圣海伦火山爆发后 有大量的辐射 |
[25:25] | ..From inside the Earth. | 由地球里面释放出来 |
[25:27] | Strange things started to grow. | 奇怪的东西开始出现 |
[25:29] | There’s actually this lake where they discovered | 人们在湖里 |
[25:31] | an amoeba that can suck a man’s brains out. | 发现了吃人脑的变形虫 |
[25:33] | Oh, a brain-sucking amoeba | 吃人脑的变形虫? |
[25:35] | It’s true. In Spirit Lake, | 这是真的 |
[25:37] | there’s cases of swimmers being infected. | 有文件记录 在心灵湖曾有泳客受到感染 |
[25:40] | But an amoeba is single-celled organism it can’t be mutated. | 但变形虫是单细胞生物 突变是很有可能的 |
[25:42] | But an insect is complexed animal. | 昆虫是复杂的生物 |
[25:44] | A mutation would take years and years to evolve. | 要花多年时间才会突变 |
[25:48] | Maybe what we’re dealing with isn’t a mutation at all. | 也许我们现在面对的不是突变 |
[25:51] | What if it’s some kind of extinct insect | 如果在这年轮里的 |
[25:54] | larvae in that ring,… | 是一些绝种昆虫的幼虫呢? |
[25:56] | ..Deposited during volcanic activity, | 在火山爆发时被埋在土里 |
[25:58] | brought up through the root system? | 随着树根的运送系统到树里 |
[26:01] | Ancient insect eggs,… | 古老昆虫的卵 |
[26:03] | ..Thousands, maybe millions of years old, | 沉睡在年轮里好几千年 |
[26:05] | lying dormant until… | 甚至几百万年 直到… |
[26:06] | Until those loggers cut down that tree. | 直到这些伐木工人砍倒那棵树 |
[26:11] | That would be poetic justice, don’t you think? | 这种说法还真富诗意 |
[26:14] | Unleashing the very thing that would end up killing ’em. | 伐木工人等于是作茧自缚 |
[26:17] | And your friend Humphreys. | 还有你的朋友哈佛斯 |
[26:20] | And, who knows… maybe us. | 谁知道? 也许我们死期也不远了 |
[26:25] | Sweet dreams. | 祝你们有个好梦 |
[26:31] | Humphreys might’ve just hiked outta here. | 哈佛斯也许下山了 |
[26:33] | We don’t know he didn’t. | 如果他没下山我们也不会知道 |
[26:35] | Maybe we’re letting | 也许我们对这虫的事件 |
[26:36] | ourselves get carried away with this bug story. | 反应过度 |
[26:39] | Yeah, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[27:33] | Going somewhere? | 你要去哪里? |
[27:35] | – No, I was… – Doing an auto repair. | 不 我只是… 只是修车 |
[27:39] | Looks like you’re planning on cutting out. | 我看你像是想落跑 |
[27:41] | I got to save my friends. | 我要救我朋友 |
[27:43] | They could only keep their generator | 他们剩下的汽油 最多只能让 |
[27:45] | going 15, 20 hours max. | 发电机 再运作15到20小时 |
[27:46] | – They’re gonna die if I don’t get bakc there. | 如果我不回去的话 他们会死的 |
[27:48] | – So why are you sneaking around? | 那你为何偷偷摸摸的? |
[27:50] | The Forest Service guy wouldn’t go for it. | 森林员 那个森林局的人… |
[27:52] | He’d never trust me. | 他不会同意的 他不会相信我 |
[27:54] | He’s got no reason to. Neither do I. | 他没有理由相信你 我也一样 |
[27:56] | I can save us all, man. | 我可以救大家 |
[27:57] | We’ve got a jeep just two valleys over. | 我们有吉普车 就在两个山谷后 |
[27:59] | All it needs is a battery. | 只要有电池就行了 |
[28:01] | I could get there and be back here in the morning. | 我明早就会回来 |
[28:03] | We can all drive out tomorrow. | 明天就可以一起下山 |
[28:08] | You gotta trust me, man. | 你必须要相信我 |
[28:21] | Radio’s back up. | 无线电可以用了 |
[28:26] | It’s working? | 可以用了? |
[28:28] | I’m not getting any reception, so the receiver could be trashed. | 我收不到讯息 收讯器可能坏了 |
[28:32] | And transmissions? Can you send a message? | 传讯呢? 可以传送讯息吗? |
[28:35] | We could try. | 我可以试试 |
[28:37] | This is a call for help. Is there anyone at this frequency? | 这是求救讯号 有没有人在用这个频道? |
[28:46] | This is Special Agent Mulder, FBI. | 这是联邦调查局特别探员穆德 |
[28:49] | We have an emergency and a | 这里情况危急 |
[28:51] | possible quarantine situation. | 有可能需要隔离检疫区 |
[28:53] | Our position is… | 我们的位置是… |
[29:02] | What happened to the generator? | 发电机怎么了? |
[29:04] | – I turned it off. | 我关掉了 |
[29:05] | – Turn it back on.I got the radio work. | 好吧 发动它 我要用无线电 |
[29:07] | – What happened to the gas can? – Spinney took it. | 汽油桶怎么了? 史班尼拿走了 |
[29:11] | He took it? You mean he’s gone? | 他拿走了? 你是说他离开了? |
[29:15] | He left earlier this morning. | 他很早就离开了 |
[29:16] | He took a battery and some gas. | 他拿了电池和一些汽油 |
[29:18] | He’ll come back in the morning. | 他说早上就会回来接我们 |
[29:19] | He what?He gave you his personal guarantee | 什么?他向你保证? |
[29:21] | He gave me his word, yeah. | 是的 他保证过 |
[29:24] | The man who gave you his word… | 跟你保证的那个人 |
[29:26] | ..Has made an art out of sabotage and defying authority. | 是个破坏专家 他无视政府机关的存在 |
[29:30] | He’s probably the same | 也许就是他 |
[29:31] | man who put a bullet through my windshield. | 开枪射我的挡风玻璃 |
[29:34] | What would you’ve done? | 那你又会怎么做? |
[29:34] | At least now we’ve got one chance of getting out of here alive. | 至少我们现在 还多个机会活着出去 |
[29:37] | Which is one more chance than we had before. | 比之前多了一个机会 |
[29:39] | – Or one less. – What do you mean? | 或者是少一个 什么意思? |
[29:41] | Your partner let him leave with the last of the gas. | 你的拍档让史班尼拿着剩下的汽油离开了 |
[29:44] | This generator’s got a quarter tank left.Maybe less. | 发电机只剩下四分之一的汽油 可能更少 |
[29:48] | What about the trucks? | 卡车油箱里的汽油呢? |
[29:50] | There is no more gas. | 没有汽油了 |
[29:51] | The other tanks were ruptured or filled with sugar. | 其他的油缸都被破坏或塞满糖 |
[29:53] | By the same man we are now trusting | 被那个我们现在等着 |
[29:54] | to keep his word and come back for us. | 回来接我们的人破坏的 |
[29:57] | Then we gotta get back on the radio,we gotta send out a Mayday. | 我们赶快用无线电 发求救讯号 |
[30:01] | Every drop of fuel we waste is | 我们不能浪费汽油 每一滴汽油 |
[30:02] | fuel that’ll keep this genny powered tonight. | 都要用来维持今晚的电力 |
[30:04] | I don’t wanna be waiting around hoping | 当发电机在凌晨两点罢工时 |
[30:06] | somebody heard that transmission… | 我可不想在这里苦等 |
[30:07] | ..When this thing quits running about two o’clock in the morning. | 期待有人听见呼救 |
[30:11] | Do you? | 你想吗? |
[30:39] | – Mulder… – Look, it’s done. | 穆德…? 木已成舟 |
[30:41] | I shouldn’t have let him go. Let’s just move past it, OK? | 我不该让他走的 别再提了 好吗? |
[30:46] | Fine. | 好的 |
[30:47] | What do you suggest? | 你有什么建议呢? |
[30:51] | I don’t know. We’ll think of something. | 我不知道 我们会想出办法的 |
[30:54] | Look I think we both have a pretty | 我想我们都知道 |
[30:56] | good idea what happened to those loggers… | 那些伐木工人发生了什么事 |
[30:59] | ..And what happened to the group in 1934. | 和34年那批人发生了什么事 |
[31:01] | – They only found one cocoon. – It’s a very big forest. | 他们只找到一个蛹 这森林很大 |
[31:05] | Look Scully what would you have done? | 史卡利 你会怎么做? |
[31:07] | You mean would I have made a decision by myself | 你意思是我会不会 |
[31:09] | that would affected the group? | 擅自做出会影响大家的决定? |
[31:11] | Will you cut the sanctimonious crap! | 少跟我来这套! |
[31:13] | What do you want me to say? | 那你要我说什么? |
[31:14] | Let’s face it Mulder we might die up here. | 面对现实 穆德 我们也许会死在这里 |
[31:17] | If we are lucky they will find our bodies | 如果幸运的话 |
[31:19] | spun up in a tree,… | 他们会发现我们尸体被挂在树上 |
[31:20] | ..Or they may not find us at all! | 或者他们永远不会发现 |
[31:22] | You’re right. And we’re wasting time arguing about it. | 你说得没错 争论是浪费时间 |
[31:42] | – What are you gonna do? – Button this place up. | 你要做什么? 把这个地方封起来 |
[31:46] | If we gotta spend the night in here,… | 如果我们要在这过夜 |
[31:47] | ..We gotta do everything | 我们就要全力阻止 |
[31:49] | we can to make sure the bugs stay out there. | 那些虫进来 |
[32:06] | Be careful with that. It’s the only bulb that works. | 小心点 这是唯一好的电灯泡 |
[32:56] | I can see them. | 我看到它们了 |
[33:01] | You guys, look at this. | 你们看看这个 |
[33:08] | Look!They’re coming through the wall… | 它们穿墙而来 |
[33:11] | ..Down where it’s dark, you see them? | 就在暗处 看到了吗? |
[33:18] | Ugh! – They’re on me! | 我身上也有 |
[33:20] | It’s all right, Scully. | 没事的 史卡利 |
[33:23] | – Scully, Scully… – Get them off me! | 史卡利… 把它们赶走! |
[33:25] | – Get them off me! – Stand still! | 把它们赶走! 不要动 |
[33:28] | – Stop it, stop it! – Can you see them? | 停 你看到它们了吗? |
[33:31] | – Mulder!Get them off me! | 穆德 把它们弄掉 |
[33:32] | – They’re not just on you.They are everywhere | 它们不只在你身上 它们到处都是 |
[33:34] | I think that’s what that greasy residue is. | 我想那是为什么到处都是油脂的残渣 |
[33:36] | I thought we were supposed to be safe in the light! | 我以为在灯光下很安全 |
[33:39] | We are! I think the light keeps them from swarming. | 是很安全 灯光让它们无法聚集 |
[33:42] | We’ll be safe as long as we stay in the light. | 只要留在灯光下就很安全 |
[34:14] | How are you feeling? | 你还好吧? |
[34:17] | I’m OK. | 我没事 |
[34:25] | They’re oxidising enzymes. | 它们在产生氧化酵素 |
[34:27] | Just like fireflies. | 就像荧火虫 |
[34:31] | Maybe that’s why they cocoon their prey. | 也许这是它们把猎物包在蛹里的原因 |
[34:34] | So they can oxidise the | 所以它们才能氧化蛋白质 |
[34:36] | proteins taken from the fluids in the body. | 来吸光人的体液 |
[34:46] | What if the generator goes? | 万一发电机不动了呢? |
[34:48] | Are they gonna swarm in and drain the life out of us? | 它们会一涌而入 把我们吸干吗? |
[34:51] | We got an hour and a half till sunrise. | 还有个半小时才日出 |
[34:53] | Then what? It’s over a day’s hike out of here. | 到时又怎样? 走下山要花一天以上 |
[34:56] | We won’t make it on foot by nightfall. | 徒步是无法在天黑前下山的 |
[34:58] | Maybe someone heard our transmission. | 也许有人听到我们的求救信号 |
[35:01] | Help could be on the way. | 救援队可能已经出发了 |
[35:02] | You sent that call hours ago. | 你在几小时前就发出信号 |
[35:04] | I mean, help would’ve been here by now. | 我意思是… 救援队早就该到了 |
[35:09] | Well, I’m not gonna give up on Spinney. | 我不会放弃史班尼的 |
[35:12] | He gave me his word he’d come back to get us. | 他保证过会回来接我们的 |
[35:15] | And if he doesn’t? | 如果他没回来呢? |
[35:18] | We’ll think of something. | 我们会想到办法的 |
[36:13] | You got a patch kit or an extra tube in your truck? | 你卡车里有没有修补工具或内胎? |
[36:16] | Yeah.Maybe we can patch this. | 也许 我们可以修补破胎 |
[36:17] | And with the spare in your truck,… | 或至少别让它没气 |
[36:19] | ..Maybe we can limp down the mountain. | 加上备胎 也许我们可以下山 |
[36:25] | If not, we can get on the radio | 如果不行 至少我们可用无线电 |
[36:27] | and warn and see what’s out there. | 警告大家这里发生的事 |
[37:04] | – You see it? – Yeah. | 你看到了吗? 看到了 |
[37:21] | Listen. | 听 |
[37:23] | You hear that? | 你听到了吗? |
[37:25] | It’s a car. | 是车子 |
[37:32] | No, it’s a jeep! | 不 是吉普车! |
[37:38] | – We gotta move! Let’s go, let’s go! | 我们快点走吧! 走吧! 走吧! |
[37:40] | – Wait! What about the body? Humphreys’ body | 等等 尸体怎么办? 哈佛斯的尸体 |
[37:44] | Leave it. I’ve radioed for help. | 别管它 我已经发出求救讯号了 |
[37:46] | – What happened to your friends? | 你朋友们怎么样了? |
[37:48] | – They didn’t make it. | 他们死了 |
[37:50] | We’re not gonna make it either unless we haul ass! | 我们不快走 也会死的 |
[37:53] | Let’s go! Come on! | 快走 来吧! |
[38:30] | Oh!ah! Dammit! | 该死 |
[38:44] | I don’t believe it! | 我真不敢相信 |
[38:47] | And you talk about shooting yourself in the foot! | 这下子他可是自作自受了 |
[38:56] | – Agghh! – Get outta there! | 快离开 |
[38:58] | – Get back in the car! – Agghh, agghh! | 快上车 |
[40:27] | We have an emergency evacuation situation. | 我们需要紧急疏散程序 |
[40:30] | Requesting quarantine facility… | 请求准备隔离医疗区 |
[40:32] | ..For two, possibly three victims with undiagnosed infection… | 我们有两至三名受害者 |
[40:36] | ..Or exposure to unknown biological vectors. | 遭到不明生物袭击或感染 |
[40:38] | Repeat,we have an emergency evacuation situation: | 重复 这里需要紧急疏散程序 |
[40:42] | two, possibly… | 两至三名受害者… |
[40:48] | Attention all personnel. | 所有人注意 |
[40:51] | High-level bio-clearance required on third floor. | 三楼需要高级生物清理 |
[41:34] | – How are you feeling? – Better. | 你还好吧? 好一点了 |
[41:37] | How did the tests come back? | 检查结果怎么样? |
[41:39] | Your respiratory charts were good. | 你的呼吸系统没问题 |
[41:42] | We were concerned about | 我们很担心 |
[41:43] | the extent of damage through inhalation. | 你们因吸入虫子而造成的伤害 |
[41:46] | There were large concentrations of the chemical luciferin. | 我们发现了大量的荧光素 |
[41:50] | Which is what? | 那是什么? |
[41:51] | The same enzyme found in fireflies and bioluminescent insects. | 就是荧火虫和其他发光类昆虫 |
[41:55] | Our entomologists are trying to determine | 体内那种酵素 |
[41:58] | the specific epithet… | 我们的昆虫学家仍在研究 |
[41:59] | ..Of the insects you encountered. | 你们碰到的昆虫种类 |
[42:04] | Scully? | 史卡利? |
[42:11] | How’s she doing? | 她的情况如何? |
[42:13] | She’s still not out of the woods so to speak. | 她还没有脱离险境 |
[42:15] | She lost a lot of fluids. | 她流失了很多体液 |
[42:17] | Two or three more hours of exposure, | 要是再多两或三小时 |
[42:19] | she might not have made it. | 她可能会死 |
[42:21] | I told her it was gonna be a nice trip to the forest. | 我还告诉她 这趟是去森林玩的 |
[42:29] | How are you gonna contain it to the forest? | 你怎么处理森林里的虫? |
[42:33] | What if the swarm migrates? | 如果它们大群迁徙又怎么样? |
[42:35] | The government has initiated eradication procedures. | 政府已开始消灭程序 |
[42:39] | They quite certain by using a combination of | 他们确定用火烧和杀虫剂 |
[42:41] | controlled burns and pesticides,… ..They will be successful. | 能成功地扑灭 |
[42:45] | And if they’re not? | 如果不成功呢? |
[42:50] | That is not an option, Mr Mulder. | 非成功不可 穆德先生 |