| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [01:51] | Eugene? | 尤金? | 
| [01:54] | Eugene, it’s Dr. Monte. | 尤金 我是蒙特医生 | 
| [02:03] | Eugene, are you asleep? | 尤金 你睡了吗? | 
| [02:08] | – No. – I was on my way out | 没有 我正要出去 | 
| [02:11] | and I wanted to see how you were feeling. | 顺便看看你的情况 | 
| [02:14] | Fine. | 我很好 | 
| [02:18] | Good. You nervous about tomorrow? | 好的 明天的事你会紧张吗? | 
| [02:22] | Don’t be. | 不要怕 | 
| [02:26] | I know you think they won’t let you out | 我知道 你认为他们不会放你出去 | 
| [02:28] | so I snuck a peek at the reports of the doctors | 所以我偷看了 | 
| [02:31] | that will testify at your review tomorrow | 明天做为庭上证明的医生报告 | 
| [02:35] | and they concur with my opinion that you’re ready to be released from here | 他们的意见和我的一样 你可以出去 | 
| [02:38] | and rejoin the community. | 然后重新加入社会 | 
| [02:41] | So… | 所以… | 
| [02:47] | why don’t we get some sleep and relax | 你何不轻松睡个好觉呢? | 
| [02:49] | and I’ll see you tomorrow at the review, okay? | 我们明天法庭见 好吗? | 
| [02:59] | Let’s just keep our fingers crossed. | 希望一切顺利 | 
| [04:12] | Agent Scully. | 史卡利探员 | 
| [04:14] | We have reviewed your reports, and frankly, we are quite displeased. | 我们看过你的报告 老实说我们非常不满 | 
| [04:18] | Irregular procedure, untenable evidence | 无正当程序 无说服力的证据 | 
| [04:21] | inconclusive findings aggravated by vague opinion. | 匿名的证人模糊不清的意见调查结果难以总结 | 
| [04:25] | But, sir, the very nature of the X-files cases | 长官 这是X档案的性质 | 
| [04:29] | often precludes orthodox investigation. | 经常要排除正统的调查 | 
| [04:33] | Are you suggesting the Bureau adopt separate standards for you and Mulder? | 你建议当局对你和穆德探员采取不同的标准吗 | 
| [04:36] | No, sir. | 不是 长官 | 
| [04:38] | You suggesting Mulder obstructs you from proper procedure? | 那就是说穆德探员阻扰你以正当程序办案 | 
| [04:41] | No, sir. If anything, I’m suggesting | 不 长官 我是建议处理这些案件时 | 
| [04:43] | that these cases be reviewed with… an open mind. | 要用开明的思想 | 
| [04:47] | Maybe your mind has become too open. | 可能你的思想已经太开明 | 
| [04:51] | On X-files cases investigated by Agent Mulder and myself to date | 我和穆德探员合力调查的X档案 | 
| [04:55] | we have a conviction or case solution of 75%. | 破案率高达75% | 
| [04:58] | That’s well above current Bureau standard. | 远高于当局的标准 | 
| [05:00] | And that is your only saving grace. | 那是你唯一的可取之处 | 
| [05:03] | May I ask, sir, what more you require? | 长官 请问你还要求什么呢? | 
| [05:11] | What I require | 我所要求的是 | 
| [05:13] | is increased frequency of reports | 增加报告的次数 | 
| [05:16] | conventional investigation. | 传统的调查 | 
| [05:19] | In short, Agent Scully, it is your responsibility | 简单的说 史卡利探员 | 
| [05:22] | to see that these cases are by the book. | 确保照章行事的查案 是你的责任 | 
| [05:24] | I understand. However… | 我明白 但是… | 
| [05:29] | conventional investigation of these cases | 以传统方法调查这些案件 | 
| [05:32] | may decrease rate of success. | 可能会降低成功率 | 
| [05:45] | Judge: By order of the State of Maryland | 根据马里兰州规定 | 
| [05:47] | the Court shall review the psychological status | 法庭要审查精神病人 | 
| [05:50] | of Eugene Victor Tooms. | 尤金 维克托姆的状态 | 
| [05:54] | We’ll begin with the court-appointed expert witnesses. | 我们由法庭指定的专家开始 | 
| [05:58] | Court calls Dr. Pamela Karetzky. | 法庭传召 潘蜜拉 卡勒斯基医生 | 
| [06:06] | I performed several diagnostic procedures on Mr. Tooms | 我为托姆先生进行多次诊断 | 
| [06:10] | in order to determine any organic physiological dysfunction… | 目的是 检查组织生理功能是否失常 | 
| [06:15] | an electroencephalogram, chromosomal analysis | 透过心电图 | 
| [06:19] | a computerized axial tomograph. | 染色体分析 电脑辅助图分析 | 
| [06:21] | All of these were negative. | 所有结果都是阴性 | 
| [06:23] | Mr. Tooms had recently lost his job. | 托姆先生最近才失业 | 
| [06:25] | Parenthesis: Baltimore animal regulation dog catcher. Close parenthesis. | 他原来是巴尔的摩 动物管理中心捕狗队队员 | 
| [06:30] | Aggravated by a false arrest incident with the F.B.I., | 因被联邦调查局探员错逮 | 
| [06:34] | his assault on Agent Scully was | 而引发 他袭击史卡利探员是 | 
| [06:36] | ‘frustration directed at the wrong person.’ | “挫折情绪之下 错误的发洩” | 
| [06:40] | I’m reading from a recent interview | 以下这段是我和托姆先生 | 
| [06:42] | I did with Mr. Tooms at the Druid Hill Sanitarium. | 在狄鲁希尔康复所的访谈实录 | 
| [06:46] | Question: If you are released | 问题 如果你获释 | 
| [06:48] | what is the first thing you would do? | 第一件事会做什么? | 
| [06:50] | Answer: I’d like my old job back. | 回答 我想做我原来的工作 | 
| [06:53] | Question: Why? | 问题 为什么? | 
| [06:55] | Answer: The animal shelter | 回答 动物庇护所 | 
| [06:57] | made me feel I was helping everyone… | 让我感到我在帮助大家 | 
| [06:59] | people and animals. | 包括人和动物 | 
| [07:03] | So, you see, what is occurring here is that Mr. Tooms has learned | 所以你们可看出 托姆先生已经学会 | 
| [07:05] | to articulate his feelings and invest his emotional energy | 清楚说出他的感受 | 
| [07:10] | towards creative and constructive activity… | 把他的情绪能量 和创造能量投入到… | 
| [07:23] | …in himself. | 他自己的策略 | 
| [07:25] | It is my opinion that Mr. Tooms has had a very excellent response | 在我看来 托姆先生 | 
| [07:28] | to the months of treatment and therapy. | 在这几个月的 治疗反应非常好 | 
| [07:31] | I would see no reason why he would be considered | 我不认为 | 
| [07:34] | of any danger to himself or society. | 他对自己或社会有害 | 
| [07:37] | Woman: Is the truth, | 你能否发誓 你所作的证词皆属实 | 
| [07:40] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth? | 全部属实 并无虚言? | 
| [07:42] | I do. | 我发誓 | 
| [07:46] | Mr. Mulder, as an expert witness for the State of Maryland, | 穆德先生 作为马里兰州的专家证人 | 
| [07:49] | can you list your qualifications? | 请逐一介绍你的资历 | 
| [07:51] | I’m a special agent with the F.B.I. | 我是联邦调查局特别探员 | 
| [07:54] | I worked for three years at the F.B.I.’s behavioral science unit | 我在联邦调查局行为科学组三年 | 
| [07:57] | profiling serial killers. | 主要研究连环杀手 | 
| [07:59] | Your Honor, I know where he’s going with this. | 法官大人 我知道他的目的 | 
| [08:03] | May I remind the Court Mr. Tooms was placed in psychiatric care | 容我提醒法庭 托姆先生进精神康复所 | 
| [08:05] | solely for the assault on Agent Scully. | 是因袭击史卡利探员 | 
| [08:07] | He has never been charged, | 他从没受过其他指控 | 
| [08:09] | nor has any evidence linked him to any other crime. | 也没有证据可证明 他跟其他案件有牵连 | 
| [08:12] | Judge: Proceed… with caution. | 你可以小心地继续 | 
| [08:14] | Myers: Agent Mulder, I understand | 穆德探员 我明白 | 
| [08:17] | that you’ve developed a profile on Mr. Tooms. | 你依据经验 对托姆先生做了心理侧写 | 
| [08:21] | – Yes, I have. – Please. | 是的 请说 | 
| [08:26] | These murders span nearly a century. | 这些谋杀跨越将近一个世纪 | 
| [08:29] | 19 homicides… | 19宗凶杀案 | 
| [08:30] | five occurring every 30 years since 1903 | 自1903年以来 每30年发生5宗 | 
| [08:34] | all in the Baltimore area. | 全部发生在巴尔的摩地区 | 
| [08:36] | In each case, the liver was extracted | 每个死者的肝脏都被取出 | 
| [08:40] | and presumably eaten. | 假设被吃掉了 | 
| [08:43] | A trophy was taken from each victim, many of which were found | 凶手从每个死者身上取下的战利品 | 
| [08:47] | in the living quarters of Eugene Tooms at 66 Exeter Street. | 多数在尤金的住所 艾塞特街66号找到 | 
| [08:50] | Records show that a Eugene Tooms has resided | 纪录显示 | 
| [08:53] | at that same address since 1903… | 尤金自1903年 就一直住在同个地方 | 
| [08:56] | the same year a man was murdered in that building. | 同年 同栋大厦里 有一名男子被杀 | 
| [08:59] | The most notable element connecting these cases | 除了肝脏被取出外 这些案件最明显的关连是 | 
| [09:03] | is the undetermined point of entry. | 凶手进入屋内的方法不明 | 
| [09:05] | Many victims were found with their windows and doors locked from the inside. | 很多死者被发现时 门窗都是从里面反锁的 | 
| [09:10] | These fingerprints found at seven of the 19 crime scenes | 其中在7宗凶案现场发现了 这些长长的指纹 | 
| [09:15] | match Eugene Victor Tooms. | 跟托姆的指纹吻合 | 
| [09:17] | Agent Mulder, look at his fingers. | 穆德探员 看看他的手指 | 
| [09:20] | – Look at him. 100 years old? – I contend that perhaps | 看看他 他像个百岁老人吗? | 
| [09:23] | through a genetic mutation Tooms is capable of contorting | 容我强调 这可能是经过基因突变 | 
| [09:26] | and elongating his body to gain access to victims | 尤金 托姆有能力扭曲和拉长他的身体 | 
| [09:29] | so he may extract the livers which provide him sustenance | 以此能力进入死者房子 取出其肝脏 | 
| [09:32] | for the hibernation period of 30 years. | 做为他30年冬眠期的养份 | 
| [09:35] | He needs one more victim to complete this cycle. | 他还需要一个牺牲品 | 
| [09:37] | A preliminary exam revealed abnormalities | 托姆被捕时的 初步检查报告显示 | 
| [09:41] | in his stride, muscles, and axial bones. | 他的肌肉和骨骼构造异常 | 
| [09:43] | His attorney blocked further study. | 他的律师阻挡进一步研究 | 
| [09:46] | I ask you to place the safety… | 谢谢你 穆德探员 我请求你 将安全 | 
| [09:48] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题 法官大人 | 
| [09:49] | This is a rare and abnormal human creature who should not be released. | 他异于常人… 穆德探员 穆德探员 | 
| [09:54] | You may step down. | 你可以退席了 | 
| [09:55] | If you release Eugene Tooms, he will kill again. | 如果你释放尤金托姆 他会再去杀人的 | 
| [09:57] | It’s in his genetic makeup. | 这是他的天性 | 
| [10:09] | Would they have taken me more seriously | 我如果穿灰色西装 | 
| [10:11] | if I wore the grey suit? | 他们会不会更重视我说的话? | 
| [10:13] | Mulder, your testimony… you sounded… | 穆德 你的证词说得… | 
| [10:17] | I don’t care how it sounded, as long as it was the truth. | 只要是真的 我不在乎说得怎样 | 
| [10:23] | And where were you? Your testimony was important. | 你去了哪里? 你的证词很重要 | 
| [10:26] | I was called into a meeting by Assistant Director Skinner. | 我被叫去开会 是史金纳副总监 | 
| [10:30] | What did he want? | 他想做什么? | 
| [10:35] | Just wanted to reel me in. | 只想叫我本份一点 | 
| [10:39] | They’re ready. | 他们准备好了 | 
| [10:42] | It is the opinion of this Court | 根据本席的意见 | 
| [10:44] | that Eugene Victor Tooms | 尤金托姆 | 
| [10:46] | shall on this day be released from the Druid Hill Sanitarium. | 可立刻从狄鲁希尔康复中心获得释放 | 
| [10:50] | Court also attaches these conditions: | 法庭也有附带条件 | 
| [10:53] | One, that he remain in counseling under the care of Dr. Aaron Monte… | 第一 他仍要接受 蒙特医生的监管 | 
| [10:58] | that he may retain his job at the Baltimore Regulations Animal Shelter | 他可以回到巴尔的摩动物管理中心的工作岗位 | 
| [11:03] | and last, he take residence in the house of Mr. And Mrs. Arlan Green | 最后 他将住在 亚伦夫妇的家 | 
| [11:07] | trained in a program to assist patients released from Druid Hill | 他们受过训练 专门协助狄鲁希尔的病人 | 
| [11:11] | in their transition to society. | 帮助他们重新适应社会生活 | 
| [11:15] | Mr. Tooms? | 托姆先生 | 
| [11:18] | Do you understand and accept these conditions? | 你明白和接受这些条件吗? | 
| [11:21] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 | 
| [11:23] | Very well. You’re free to go. | 很好 你可以走了 | 
| [11:29] | I’m not taking my eyes off him. | 我一定会盯住他的 | 
| [11:31] | He’ll kill again first chance he can, | 穆德 等等… 他需要杀人 | 
| [11:33] | but he won’t kill the old couple. | 他逮到机会就会杀人 但他不会杀那对老夫妇 | 
| [11:35] | Tooms didn’t remain a secret for 100 years | 他不敢这么明目张胆 | 
| [11:36] | by not being careful. | 他小心行事 才能秘密的活上这一百年 | 
| [11:39] | Think of him as an animal. | 把他想成一种动物 | 
| [11:41] | He kills out of necessity or self-defense. | 他只在需要或自卫时才杀人 | 
| [11:43] | If he makes an attempt, I’ll be there. | 只要他企图行凶 我就马上阻止他 | 
| [11:45] | I’ll keep surveillance with you. | 好吧 我跟你一起监视他 | 
| [11:47] | If he can’t be tied to recent evidence | 我会监视他的 要是近期的证据不能定他罪 | 
| [11:49] | go to the earlier murders to prove it was him. | 那我就用以前的谋杀案 来证明是他 | 
| [11:52] | That was 30 or 60 years ago. | 那是30和60年前耶 | 
| [11:54] | There’s no statute of limitation on murder. | 谋杀罪没有追诉期限 | 
| [11:56] | That’s going to entail | 穆德 这就需要 | 
| [11:58] | unorthodox methods of investigation. | 非正统的调查方法 | 
| [12:01] | If you’re resistant because you don’t believe | 听着 史卡利 若你拒绝是因你不相信 | 
| [12:04] | I’ll respect that, but if you’re resistant | 我会尊重 | 
| [12:07] | because of bureaucratic pressure, they’ve not only reeled you in | 但若你拒绝是因为当局的压力 | 
| [12:09] | they’ve skinned you. | 他们不但收服了你 他们还削弱你 | 
| [12:24] | Arlan: I hope you’ll be comfortable, Eugene. | 希望你住得舒服 尤金 | 
| [12:27] | The room in the back is small | 后面的房间比较小 | 
| [12:29] | but I’m sure you’ll be able to squeeze in. | 但我相信你能适应的 | 
| [12:33] | Tooms: I’m sure. | 我会的 | 
| [13:57] | Excuse me. | 对不起 | 
| [14:00] | Could you help me find my dog? | 能帮我找我的狗吗? | 
| [14:03] | He’s a Norwegian elkhound. | 是只挪威猎犬 | 
| [14:05] | His name is Heinrich. | 叫做海瑞克 | 
| [14:08] | I use him to hunt moose. | 我用它去捉麋鹿 | 
| [14:31] | LfTooms gets away now | 如果这次被托姆逃了 | 
| [14:33] | then the next time he takes a life | 他下一次重生时 | 
| [14:36] | you’ll be nearly my age. | 你就是我这个年纪了 | 
| [14:38] | Detective Briggs, you helped us so much before. | 布利格探员 之前你帮了我们大忙 | 
| [14:43] | Now we have to prove that Tooms was involved | 现在我们要证明托姆 | 
| [14:47] | in the killings you investigated 30 years ago. | 与30年前调查的谋杀案有关 | 
| [14:50] | You’ve lived with this case half your life. | 你花了大半生在追查这案件 | 
| [14:53] | There must be something. | 一定有很多资料 | 
| [14:57] | Maybe a connection between the victims. | 可能是死者之间的关连 | 
| [14:59] | Now, I know that we’ve seen all of the evidence | 我们已经见过所有证据 | 
| [15:02] | but is there anything, anything at all | 但还有没有一些其他的 | 
| [15:05] | amongst the evidence that does not fit? | 在所有的证据中 有没有一些不符的地方? | 
| [15:07] | There was something | 的确是有些 | 
| [15:10] | that never did sit quite right with me. | 让我摸不着头脑的事情 | 
| [15:13] | All of the victims that I investigated in ’63 | 我在63年调查的所有被害者 | 
| [15:17] | were found at the crime scene, liver extracted. | 被人发现时肝脏都被摘除 | 
| [15:21] | All five. | 五个都是 | 
| [15:23] | As were the four most recent murders. | 最近四个死者也是这样 | 
| [15:25] | When I was a sheriff | 当我还是警长 | 
| [15:28] | during the Powhatan Mills killings of 1933 | 于1933年调查米尔斯凶杀案期间 | 
| [15:33] | only four of the victims were found at the crime scene. | 在案发现场只找到四具尸体 | 
| [15:37] | However, there was a fifth person | 可是第五个死者 | 
| [15:40] | who was missing and never found | 下落不明 尸体一直没被寻获 | 
| [15:42] | but this… | 但这些 | 
| [15:45] | this was discovered at the Ruxton Chemical Plant | 是在卢森顿化学工厂发现的 | 
| [15:48] | when it was under construction. | 当时还在施工 | 
| [15:50] | But it doesn’t belong to the other victims. | 但它不属于其他被害者 | 
| [15:53] | That doesn’t prove it belongs to a person murdered by Tooms. | 那并不表示 它属于托姆所杀的被害者 | 
| [15:56] | I’m positive Tooms hid this one victim | 我肯定托姆藏了尸体 | 
| [15:59] | because something about the body could prove he was the killer. | 因为尸体上的某个地方 能证明他是凶手 | 
| [16:03] | – What makes you positive? – A hunch. | 你为何如此笃定? 直觉 | 
| [16:05] | An old-fashioned hunch. | 传统的直觉 | 
| [16:08] | You’ve got to trust your instincts. | 你要相信你的本能 | 
| [16:11] | And what does your instinct say | 你的本能怎样说? | 
| [16:14] | about where Tooms buried the body? | 托姆把尸体埋在哪里? | 
| [16:16] | In the cement where they poured the foundation | 在化学工厂的 | 
| [16:19] | of the chemical plant. | 地基水泥里面 | 
| [16:31] | Scully: Ground-penetrating radar. | 深入地下雷达探测器 | 
| [16:34] | It bounces signals off of objects or cavities. | 有物体就会出现信号 | 
| [16:37] | Tells you where the body is. | 就能知道尸体在哪里 | 
| [16:39] | Well, it signals if something inordinate is present. | 若有不规则物质存在 一样有信号 | 
| [16:42] | An experienced operator attempts to differentiate | 有经验的操作员能分辨出 | 
| [16:46] | if the signal is a body or a stone or a hole in the ground. | 该信号是尸体 石头或地洞 | 
| [16:50] | – Differentiate. – Mm-hmm. | 分辨? | 
| [16:52] | You mean he guesses. | 你是说他的猜测? | 
| [16:55] | Well, it’s an educated guess. | 这是有根据的猜测 | 
| [17:06] | How are we doing? | 情况如何? | 
| [17:08] | Well, it’s really hard to tell. | 很难说 有点可能 没找到什么… | 
| [17:35] | It’s here. Here! | 就是这里 这里 | 
| [17:41] | What is it? | 什么事? | 
| [17:43] | It’s here! It’s right here! | 就是这里 就是这里 | 
| [18:36] | Agent Scully! Look at this. | 史卡利探员 来看看 | 
| [20:01] | Woman: Robotoddler’s finally sleeping. | 小傢伙终于睡了 | 
| [20:04] | I’m gonna watch TV in bed. | 我要到床上看电视 | 
| [20:07] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [22:00] | Screw it. | 该死 | 
| [23:38] | Christine: Honey, would you go down and get that? | 你能下去开门吗? | 
| [23:46] | F.B.I. | 联邦调查局 | 
| [23:49] | – I suspect an intruder in your house. – What? | 我怀疑有人闯进你家 什么? | 
| [23:57] | Someone opened my window. | 有人开了我的窗户 | 
| [24:34] | I suspect the year of death to be in the mid-1930s. | 我怀疑死亡时间 为1930年的年中 | 
| [24:38] | Anterior surface of the right femur was green | 右大腿骨前端的表面呈绿色 | 
| [24:41] | indicating a long-term exposure to copper | 显示长期曝露在铜下面 | 
| [24:53] | 1933, ’31, 1933. | 1933年 31年 33年… | 
| [24:56] | Can you determine cause of death? | 你能确定死因吗? | 
| [24:58] | My instinct says that burial in cement is murder. | 我的直觉认为 埋在水泥里是被谋杀 | 
| [25:01] | Uh, no. At the moment | 不 到目前为止… | 
| [25:03] | I have found no definite proof of murder. | 没有发现被谋杀的证据 | 
| [25:05] | There are gnawing marks near the ribs. | 在肋骨处有齿印 | 
| [25:08] | However, I suspect that’s the result of rodent activity | 可是我怀疑那是尸体 | 
| [25:10] | prior to the body being set in the cement. | 被埋进水泥前老鼠啃噬的结果 | 
| [25:13] | We need to see much more of the remains to determine cause of death. | 需要进一步的研究 才能确定死因 | 
| [25:16] | As you know, it’s a slow, but necessary process. | 如你所知 处理过程缓慢但绝对必要 | 
| [25:19] | I did try a little something. | 我试过一些办法 | 
| [25:22] | It’s a little premature if we’re going by the book. | 如果按规定处理 是有点太早下定论 | 
| [25:26] | Well, we’ll keep it off the record. | 我们不列入纪录就是了 | 
| [25:28] | Good. Thank you. The old man, Mr. Briggs, | 好 谢谢你 那老人家 布利格先生 | 
| [25:31] | he gave me a photo of the missing person in ’33 | 他给我一张于33年失踪的人的相片 | 
| [25:35] | suspected of being a murder victim. | 怀疑此人已被谋害 | 
| [25:36] | I ran a computer-assisted photographic superimposition on what we have of the skull. | 我把头骨用电脑模拟 重塑出死者生前的容貌 | 
| [25:42] | This is not official | 这不是正式结果 | 
| [25:46] | but that skeleton was that person. | 但头骨是属于这个人 | 
| [25:50] | It’s not enough. It doesn’t tie it to Tooms. | 这还是不够 不足以指证托姆 | 
| [25:55] | Well, it’s a start. | 至少是个开始 | 
| [26:00] | Mulder, it’s getting a bit ripe in here, don’t you think? | 穆德 你车子里有怪味 你没闻到吗? | 
| [26:10] | Pine scented. | 松木的气味 | 
| [26:18] | (Sniffs) Better? | 好点了吗? | 
| [26:22] | Tooms hasn’t come out of the house all day. | 托姆整天都没有离开那房子 | 
| [26:24] | I sat through a Phillies game, an Orioles game and four hours of Ba-Ba-Booey. | 我听了一场球赛 还有四个小时的电台脱口秀 | 
| [26:29] | When it got dark, I took a walk around the block. | 天黑时 我在街口走了一圈 | 
| [26:31] | Do you have that sandwich I asked you to bring? | 你带了我要的三明治吗? | 
| [26:34] | It’s liverwurst. | 这是肝酱 | 
| [26:41] | Mulder, you know that proper surveillance | 穆德 你知道 | 
| [26:44] | requires two pairs of agents… one pair relieving the other after 12 hours. | 正规的跟监需要两对人马每一对轮流12小时 | 
| [26:48] | Article 30, paragraph 8.7? | 第30章 第8.7段? | 
| [26:50] | This isn’t about doing it by the book. | 这不是按规则行事的问题 | 
| [26:52] | This is about you not having slept for three days. | 而是你3天没睡了 | 
| [26:55] | You’re going to get sloppy | 穆德 太累无法集中精神 | 
| [26:57] | and you’re going to get hurt. | 也很容易受伤 这是无可避免的 | 
| [26:59] | A request for other agents | 要求其他探员来监视托姆会被否决的 | 
| [27:02] | to stake out Tooms would be denied. | 因我们没有理由 | 
| [27:03] | Well, then I’ll stay here. You go home. | 那么我留下 你回家吧 | 
| [27:09] | They’re out to put an end to the X-files, Scully. | 他们想结束X档案 史卡利 | 
| [27:12] | I don’t know why, but any excuse will do. | 我不知为什么 但他们会随便找个藉口蛮干 | 
| [27:14] | I don’t really care about my record | 我不在乎我的纪录 | 
| [27:17] | but you’d be in trouble just sitting in this car | 但你坐在这车里 恐怕会有麻烦 | 
| [27:20] | and I’d hate to see you carry an official reprimand | 我不想看到 | 
| [27:23] | in your career file because of me. | 你被我连累 | 
| [27:27] | – Fox. – (Chuckles) | 福克斯… | 
| [27:31] | And I… I even made my parents call me Mulder. | 我…连我父母都叫我穆德 | 
| [27:35] | So… Mulder. | 穆德 | 
| [27:38] | Mulder, I wouldn’t put myself on the line for anybody but you. | 穆德 除了你 我不会为别人冒险 | 
| [27:48] | If there’s an iced tea in that bag, could be love. | 如果那个袋子里有杯冰茶那我搞不好会爱上你 | 
| [27:58] | Must be fate, Mulder. | 一定是命运的安排 穆德 | 
| [28:02] | Root beer. | 是沙士 | 
| [28:06] | You’re delirious. Go home and get some sleep. | 你神智错乱了 回家睡一会儿吧 | 
| [28:09] | Here. Take my sandwich. | 三明治给你 我只吃了一口 | 
| [28:11] | I only had one bite. You’re going to want it later. | 你晚点会想吃的 相信我 | 
| [28:14] | And call me if anything happens, immediately. I’ll be here. | 若发生什么事 马上通知我 我马上就到 | 
| [28:19] | Oh, and 11:30, station 790… | 在11点半 790频道 | 
| [28:22] | Pete Rose Late Night Sports Talk radio show. | 有彼特罗斯的 夜间体育广播节目 | 
| [28:33] | Wouldn’t miss it for the world. | 我不会错过的 | 
| [29:12] | It has worked, hasn’t it? | 成功了吧? | 
| [29:18] | You’ll be all right now. I know it’s worked! | 你现在没事了 | 
| [31:07] | Yeah, they found him out cold in the street. | 我就知道会成功 | 
| [31:10] | He’s been beaten up pretty badly. | 他们发现 他倒在街上不省人事 | 
| [31:13] | Contusions, multiple lacerations. | 他被打得很惨 脑震荡 多处撕裂伤 | 
| [31:16] | Shoulder’s been pulled right out of joint. | 肩膀脱臼 | 
| [31:19] | Let’s get him prepped for some blood work and X rays. | 带他去抽血检验和照X光片 | 
| [31:25] | He’s been kicked in the jaw | 他的下鄂被踢伤 | 
| [31:27] | and it may be fractured. | 可能骨折了 这儿还有个鞋印 | 
| [31:29] | Look, there’s a partial shoe print. | 我想先拍个照 | 
| [31:33] | I want to get a photo of that. We might be able to find the shoe that matches it later. | 说不定以后可以找到那双鞋 | 
| [31:40] | Do you know who did this to you? | 知不知道是谁打你? | 
| [31:57] | We’ll be right back, Mr. Tooms. | 我们马上回来 托姆先生 | 
| [32:06] | Says it was an F.B.I. Agent named Mulder. | 他说是联邦调查局探员穆德 | 
| [32:08] | So would you say he’s delusional or just schizophrenic? | 你说他是有妄想症 还是精神分裂? | 
| [32:13] | Well, it’s just a cursory exam, but there’s nothing to indicate that. | 我只做了粗略的检验 但没有发现类似症状 | 
| [32:37] | – Agent Mulder? – Yeah. | 穆德探员吗? 是的 | 
| [32:46] | What’s going on? | 有什么事? | 
| [32:58] | What’s this about? | 这是干什么? | 
| [33:00] | Agent Mulder, get your things. | 穆德探员 去收拾一下 | 
| [33:04] | You’re in some trouble. | 你有麻烦了 | 
| [33:30] | These are serious allegations. | 这些是很严重的指控 证据对你很不利 | 
| [33:32] | The evidence is incriminating. | 法庭的科学家都知道 | 
| [33:36] | A good forensic scientist would know there is not only a shoe print | 受到攻击时 凶手留下的不只是鞋印 | 
| [33:39] | but also an impact point of a foot from inside the shoe. | 还有脚部造成的冲击点 | 
| [33:43] | An analysis ofTooms’ injury | 只要仔细分析托姆的伤口 | 
| [33:45] | would show that my foot was not inside the shoe. | 就知道他被鞋踢中时 我的脚不在鞋里 | 
| [33:49] | Are you suggesting Tooms is framing you? | 你认为托姆陷害你吗? | 
| [33:51] | – Of course. – If you were engaged in an unauthorized | 当然 如果你确实未经批准 | 
| [33:55] | surveillance ofTooms | 就一天二十四小时跟监托姆 | 
| [33:57] | how could he gain access to your shoe without you seeing him? | 他怎能拿到你的鞋 而你却没有看到他呢? | 
| [34:00] | Sir? I was engaged | 长官 | 
| [34:02] | in the unauthorized surveillance as well | 我也一样未经批准去做跟监 | 
| [34:06] | and Agent Mulder was orienting me | 穆德探员 在托姆送医同时 | 
| [34:10] | on the situation at the time Tooms was admitted into the hospital. | 正在对我解说跟监的情况 | 
| [34:14] | Agent Mulder could not have done it because he was with me. | 不可能是穆德探员做的 因为他和我在一起 | 
| [34:17] | Agent Scully, you wouldn’t be lying to me, would you? | 史卡利探员 你不会骗我吧? | 
| [34:21] | Sir, I would expect you | 长官 我希望你 | 
| [34:23] | to place the same trust in me as I do in you. | 像我信任你一样的信任我 | 
| [34:26] | Agent Scully, may I have a word with Agent Mulder, please? | 史卡利探员 我能单独跟穆德探员谈谈吗? | 
| [34:42] | Fox… | 福克斯 | 
| [34:47] | you are one of the finest, most unique agents | 你是联邦调查局近60年来 | 
| [34:50] | in the nearly 60-year history of this institution. | 最优秀 最独特的探员 | 
| [34:54] | I mean, we were talking about you when you were in the academy. | 你还没毕业 我们就在谈论你 | 
| [34:56] | Now, most of us feel that your talents | 现在我们大部分人 包括主管都觉得 | 
| [34:59] | are wasted on the X-files | 要你处理X档案 浪费了你的才华 | 
| [35:01] | but we respect that you’re deeply invested in those areas. | 但我们尊重你 在那些方面的投入 | 
| [35:06] | But if these cases are creating such stress | 但如果这些案件 造成如此压力 | 
| [35:09] | as to cause not only you to act inappropriately | 不但导致你行为不当 | 
| [35:11] | but those agents close to you as well | 还连带影响你身边探员的话 | 
| [35:14] | then may I advise you to step away… for a while? | 我建议你暂时 抽身局外 | 
| [35:18] | Clear your head, take an extended vacation. | 冷静一下 放个长假吧 | 
| [35:22] | That’s a good idea. | 这是个好主意 | 
| [35:24] | Thanks for your concern. | 谢谢你的关心 | 
| [35:42] | You’re forbidden to go near Eugene Tooms. | 你已被禁止接近尤金 托姆 | 
| [35:49] | Mulder… | 穆德 | 
| [35:51] | this was close. | 这次算是有惊无险 | 
| [35:54] | Any closer and a thousand friends at the capitol | 再胡闹下去 | 
| [35:55] | won’t be able to help you. | 你在华盛顿有再多朋友也帮不了你 | 
| [36:03] | Scully: These are Eugene Tooms’ dental X rays | 这些是尤金托姆的牙齿X光片 | 
| [36:05] | obtained from the Druid Hills Sanitarium. | 是从狄鲁希尔康复所拿来的 | 
| [36:09] | Your sandwich gave me an idea. | 你那晚给我的三明治 让我灵机一动 | 
| [36:12] | Dr. Plith mentioned he found gnawing | 普里斯医生提过 | 
| [36:14] | on the rib cage near the location of the liver. | 他在肋骨靠近肝脏的位置 发现齿印 | 
| [36:18] | Further excavation revealed more pronounced bite marks… | 进一步挖掘 发现了更多齿印 | 
| [36:22] | human teeth marks. | 是人类的齿印 | 
| [36:25] | Tooms will never voluntarily submit to a dental cast. | 托姆绝不会自愿做齿模 | 
| [36:28] | This software can create an exact three-dimensional model | 这个软件能从托姆的牙齿X光片 | 
| [36:31] | ofTooms’ mouth from the dental radiograph. | 制作出一模一样的 口部立体模型 | 
| [36:42] | We’ve also mapped out the bite marks | 我们也绘制出 | 
| [36:44] | on the skeleton’s rib, there. | 肋骨上的齿印 这里 | 
| [36:52] | They match. | 它们吻合 | 
| [37:10] | – Eugene, Dr. Monte. – Hi, Eugene. | 尤金 蒙特医生来找你 你好 尤金 | 
| [37:13] | I wanted to see how everything was going. | 我只是想来看看你的情况 | 
| [37:15] | Arlan: Susan and I are going out for the evening. | 苏珊和我今晚要外出 回头见 | 
| [37:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [37:22] | Great place. Wonderful place. | 这个地方不错 非常不错的地方 | 
| [37:24] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉如何? | 
| [37:45] | Why the newspapers strips, Eugene? | 为何要撕报纸 尤金? | 
| [37:47] | Are you making some paper-mache? | 你在做混凝纸浆吗? | 
| [37:51] | – Yes. – That’s terrific. | 对 太好了 | 
| [37:54] | Wonderful. I had no idea you were interested in art. | 我不知道你对艺术有兴趣 | 
| [38:00] | I like art. | 我喜欢艺术 | 
| [38:02] | I do too, and I’m very proud of you. | 我也是 我为你感到骄傲 | 
| [38:06] | You know, art can provide a window to your thoughts and your feelings. | 艺术能提供 让你抒发想法和感受的窗口 | 
| [38:10] | What are you doing, Eugene? | 你在做什么 尤金? | 
| [38:13] | Eugene, are you all right? | 尤金 你没事吧? | 
| [39:06] | That makes five. | 那就是第五个牺牲者 | 
| [39:15] | – He’s building his nest. A 30-year hibernation. – Where would he go? | 他在筑巢 准备冬眠30年 他去了哪里? | 
| [39:20] | Where he’s gone for the last 90 years: 66 Exeter Street. | 他过去90年来的所在地 艾塞特街66号 | 
| [39:23] | No, they tore down that apartment building he lived in. | 不 我已经查过了 那栋大楼已经拆了 | 
| [39:27] | What’s there now? | 现在变成什么? | 
| [39:32] | Mulder: Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [39:40] | He’s got to be here. | 他一定在这里 | 
| [39:43] | If he is drawn to this location for some reason | 他到这里来一定有原因 | 
| [39:45] | maybe this nest is in the approximate location of the previous nest. | 也许新巢的位置 在旧巢附近 | 
| [39:54] | This is the area. | 就是这个区域 | 
| [39:56] | There’s a storage facility on the second floor. | 二楼有个储藏室 | 
| [40:15] | What? | 怎么了? | 
| [40:28] | Scully: There’s only room for one. | 这里只能容纳一个人 | 
| [40:32] | You can get the next mutant. | 下个突变怪人再让你抓 | 
| [41:35] | Mulder! | 穆德? | 
| [42:24] | Mulder! | 穆德 | 
| [42:43] | Mulder! Here. Take my hand! | 穆德 这里 快点抓住我的手 | 
| [42:48] | Come on. You can reach it! Mulder! | 快点 | 
| [42:54] | Mulder, what’s happening? | 穆德 发生什么事? | 
| [43:00] | Quick! | 快 | 
| [43:42] | You read this report? | 你看过这篇报告了? | 
| [43:49] | Do you believe them? | 你相信他们吗? | 
| [43:54] | Of course I do. | 当然 | 
| [44:09] | Okay. Let’s go. | 我们走吧 | 
| [44:11] | It’s amazing how things change, isn’t it? | 事物变化真令人吃惊 是吗? | 
| [44:15] | The caterpillar? | 毛虫? | 
| [44:17] | No. A change for us. It’s coming. | 不 是我们的改变 改变迫在眉睫 | 
| [44:22] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道? | 
| [44:26] | A hunch. | 直觉 |