时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | 加州理工学院火山观测站 加利福尼亚 帕萨迪纳 凌晨2:45 | |
[00:07] | They were to check in at midnight. | 他们午夜才会到 |
[00:08] | You try every band? | 每个频道都试过了 |
[00:10] | All audiovisual seemed to be down. | 好像所有影音讯号都断了 |
[00:12] | Maybe it’s just a satellite glitch. | 可能只是卫星故障 |
[00:14] | We thought so too, until we received this… | 我们也以为这样 |
[00:17] | from a tracking station in Bend, Oregon. | 直到俄勒冈州一个追踪站收到这个 |
[00:19] | They picked it up on an emergency frequency. | 是从紧急频道收到的 |
[00:25] | What are those guys doing? | 这些人在干什么 |
[00:28] | 火山研究小组 资料室 | |
[00:30] | We did manage to uplink Firewalker’s video camera. | 我们设法连上火山探勘机的摄影机 |
[00:34] | It’s at base camp, so we hope | 就架设在基营地 希望可以 |
[00:35] | it can give us a picture, tell us what’s going on. | 看到影像 看看是怎么回事 |
[00:38] | Data feed’s coming in now. | 资料送进来了 |
[00:47] | – What’s the robot doing in the volcano? – I don’t know. | – 机械人在火山干什么 – 不知道 |
[00:50] | There’s no descent scheduled. | 没听说有落地计划 |
[00:52] | Firewalker’s not responding. I can’t get control. | 火山探勘机没有回应 无法掌控 |
[00:56] | Someone’s overriding it. | 有人盖掉讯号 |
[00:58] | Lock camera remote and pan left. | 锁定摄影机遥控 向左平移 |
[01:05] | Stop. Stop! | 停 停 |
[01:07] | Go back. | 倒退 |
[01:11] | Tilt up and zoom in. | 向上 放大 |
[01:18] | Erikson. | 艾力生 |
[01:21] | What the hell…? Give me that! | 怎么回事 给我 |
[01:28] | There it is again. Did you see that? | 又来了 看到没 |
[01:30] | You saw that shadow, didn’t you? | 看到那影子吗 |
[01:32] | Yeah, but what could be moving around in that kind of heat? | 有 但是什么会在那种热度中移动 |
[01:36] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[01:39] | Maybe it was, uh, just a ghost signal. | 可能是 只是鬼影 |
[01:42] | I mean, it wouldn’t be the first time that… | 这种事应该不是第一次 |
[01:55] | What’s going on up there? | 那里发生了什么事 |
[02:55] | Let’s go to our science editor | 我们到华盛顿阿威龙火山 |
[02:57] | Eric Parker in MountAvann, Washington. Eric? | 去找科学主编艾力柏 艾力柏 |
[02:58] | 华盛顿特区 联邦调查局总部 | |
[03:01] | I’m standing here with a group of scientists… | 我与一群科学家 站在这里 |
[03:04] | ..Who are excited about this device, | 兴奋的看着这装置 |
[03:06] | which looks like a large titanium bug. | 简直像只大甲虫 |
[03:08] | Firewalker will next week | 火山探勘机下周 |
[03:10] | make its first descent into an active volcano. | 将首次降落在活火山 |
[03:13] | This robot is the brainchild of volcanologist Daniel Trepkos. | 这机械人是火山学家 查克斯的智慧结晶 |
[03:17] | It will gather samples from the crater… | 他会从火山采集样本 |
[03:19] | ..Which may hold scientific data about the Earth’s core. | 可以搜集 关于地心的科学资料 |
[03:22] | Scientific data? | 科学资料 |
[03:25] | We’re talking about revisiting the very origin of the Earth | 我们正在谈论 有关地球的起源 |
[03:29] | Peering into the fire where it all began. | 查看其起源之火 |
[03:32] | A human endeavour more | 这项人类的努力 |
[03:34] | important even than man’s exploration of space. | 甚至比太空探险更重要 |
[03:40] | That’s no mean claim. | 这说法 一点也不谦虚 |
[03:42] | Daniel always had a flair for self-dramatisation. | 查克斯总是有自吹自擂的本领 |
[03:45] | I’d always heard that he was brilliant. | 我已听说他很聪明 |
[03:47] | Brilliant doesn’t go quite far enough. | 聪明远不足以形容他 |
[03:50] | He occupies a rare place among scientists… | 他在科学家中占有的一席之地 |
[03:52] | Where dreams, ambition and great luck converge. | 集合了梦想 野心 与极大的运气 |
[03:57] | You think his luck just ran out. | 他运气用光了吗 |
[03:58] | The team sent a distress signal | 探险队昨天没传送报告 |
[04:01] | yesterday after failing to make a status report. | 只发来受困讯号 |
[04:04] | They haven’t responded to any of our calls. | 对我们的呼叫 也没有回应 |
[04:07] | But by using remote telemetry, | 但是透过遥感勘测术 |
[04:09] | we were able to activate Firewalker’s camera. | 我们把探测机的摄影机启动 |
[04:12] | This is what we found. | 这是我们发现的 |
[04:14] | You’re looking at the floor of the volcano. | 你们正看着 活火山的地面 |
[04:18] | But this is the last thing we expected to discover. | 但这是我们 完全料不到的东西 |
[04:21] | The dead man is, uh, Phil Erikson… chief seismologist. | 死者是费艾力生 总地震学家 |
[04:27] | Now, look at this. | 现在 看这个 |
[04:31] | Whoa What the hell is that | 哇 这是什么鬼东西 |
[04:36] | We don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[04:38] | Whatever it was disabled the camera. | 它使摄影机失灵 |
[04:40] | 在这深度的温度 高达130度以上 | |
[04:45] | – But that was alive. – Why weren’t you there? | – 那东西是活的 – 你怎么不在那里 |
[04:47] | I left the project six weeks ago. | 六周前我离开了 |
[04:50] | Trepkos and I nearly came to blows. | 查克斯和我差点打架 |
[04:53] | – Over what? – Well, I wish I could explain. | – 为什么 – 要能解释就好 |
[04:56] | Daniel and I, uh… | 我与查克斯 |
[05:00] | I always played Salieri to his Mozart. | 我只有听命行事的份 |
[05:03] | I was never quite on his plane of intellect. | 我从不怀疑他的聪明才智 |
[05:06] | But this time I found him slipping. | 但这次 我发现他有问题 |
[05:09] | Into madness. | 几近疯狂 |
[05:12] | He controlled the others… | 他开始掌控别人 |
[05:13] | You think he’s responsible for this? | 你觉得这事他有份 |
[05:15] | Whatever there is between me and him, I pray that he isn’t. | 无论我和他之间怎样 我祈祷他不是那样 |
[05:19] | We’ve got 20 million tax dollars in this project. | 纳税人有二千万美元在这计划里 |
[05:22] | If word of it were to get out,… | 要是消息走漏 |
[05:24] | ..It could destroy years of work. | 多年心血将功亏一篑 |
[05:26] | I’m afraid to go through proper channels. | 我不敢找正常管道 |
[05:28] | Yeah. We’re not exactly proper channels. | 我们也不全然是正常管道 |
[05:32] | How soon can we get up there? | 还要多久才会到 |
[05:34] | There’s a flight waiting to take us to Seattle. | 有专机带我们去西雅图 |
[05:37] | From there, a helicopter will fly us to Mount Avalon. | 那里有直升机 带我们到阿威龙火山 |
[05:42] | Scully? | 史卡利 |
[05:44] | I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to go. | 你去这趟不太适合 |
[05:46] | Mulder, I appreciate your concern,… | 穆德 谢谢你的关心 |
[05:49] | ..But I’m ready I wanna work. | 但我已准备好 我想工作 |
[05:53] | Well, maybe you should take some time off. | 你该放个假吧 |
[05:56] | I’ve already lost too much time. | 我已失去了很多时间 |
[06:14] | There it is! | 在那儿 |
[07:23] | This was Firewalker’s satellite relay. | 本来是火山探勘机的 卫星中继站 |
[07:26] | We installed field instruments here. | 我们在周围安装了电子仪器 |
[07:29] | Seismographs, tilt meters… | 有地震仪 斜度仪 |
[07:31] | We’ll look here after we’ve checked inside. | 先看里面 再过来看这里 |
[07:33] | The instruments are worth millions of project dollars. | 这些仪器都值百万美元 |
[07:36] | I’m accountable to the USGS for’em. | 都是我要对地质勘探局负责的 |
[07:39] | Shouldn’t we find the descent team first? | 应该先找探险队的人吧 |
[07:41] | I just wanna take a quick damage survey. | 我只想先检查一下损坏程度 |
[07:43] | I’ll catch up with you in a few minutes. | 我马上 就会跟上你们 |
[08:05] | Hello? | 哈啰 |
[08:40] | Looks like somebody wanted to | 好像有人想 |
[08:42] | put this operation permanently out of commission. | 永久破坏作业计划 |
[09:48] | 样品分析 注意避免污染 | |
[10:11] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[10:13] | – Wait! Wait! – What’s going on? | – 等等 – 发生什么事 |
[10:16] | This isn’t what it looks like! | 事情不是你想的那样 |
[10:18] | He just about took my head off. | 我的头差点被他砍掉 |
[10:20] | I told you, I made a mistake, OK? I’m sorry, all right? | 我说我错了 可以吗 对不起 好吗 |
[10:24] | – Who the hell are you? – I’m… I’m Ludwig. I’m Jason Ludwig. | – 你是谁 – 我是路德 杰森路德 |
[10:28] | I’m the robotics engineer. | 我是机械人工程师 |
[10:29] | Do you always greet people this way? | 你总是这样招呼客人的吗 |
[10:31] | I heard a noise. I thought it was him. I was protecting myself. | 我听到声响 以为是他 我只是要自卫 |
[10:35] | You know, self-preservation? | 纯粹就是自我保卫 |
[10:37] | Who did you think I was | 谁让你觉得 |
[10:38] | that you thought you had to protect yourself? | 你需要自卫 |
[10:41] | Trepkos. | 查克斯 |
[10:50] | Sometimes he wouldn’t talk to us for days. | 有时他几天都不说话 |
[10:53] | Then, boom! You couldn’t get him to shut up. | 然后突然爆发讲个不停 |
[10:56] | Don’t get me wrong, OK? | 别误会我 |
[10:59] | No one revered the man more than me. | 我比谁都尊敬他 |
[11:01] | I mean… he was a prophet… | 他是个先知 |
[11:05] | ..An oracle. | 一个智者 |
[11:07] | He saw things. | 他远见未来 |
[11:09] | H… I mean, he… he saw things that you and me,… | 他比你我看得更远 |
[11:14] | ..We only dream about,… | 我们只能梦想 |
[11:16] | ..And then forget when we wake up. | 醒来时就忘记了 |
[11:27] | Well, it’s OK, you can come out now.The cavalry’s here. | 可以出来了 救兵来了 |
[11:36] | This is Peter Tanaka, our systems analyst. | 这位是田中 系统分析师 |
[11:45] | And, uh, this is Jesse O’Neil. | 她是洁西 |
[11:50] | Are you the rescue team? | 你们是救援队吗 |
[11:52] | – No, we’re with the FBI. – FBI? | – 不 我们是调查局的人 – 调查局 |
[11:56] | But you’re taking us back, right? | 你们会带我们回去吧 |
[11:58] | After we’ve investigated what happened. | 等我们查清楚出了什么事 |
[12:00] | Trepkos is what happened. | 是查克斯出了事 |
[12:02] | – Did he kill Erikson? – He flipped out. | – 他杀了艾力生吗 – 他失踪了 |
[12:06] | Right after the descent, he just flipped out. | 我们一降落 他就失踪了 |
[12:10] | Can you think of anything that | 想得出有什么事 |
[12:12] | might’ve caused or contributed to his behaviour? | 令他行为失常吗 |
[12:14] | – You’re asking me? – Daniel was sick. | – 你在问我吗 – 查克斯有病 |
[12:19] | He had a bipolar disorder. I think that’s what it was. | 他有两极化精神病 我想是这样 |
[12:23] | It wasn’t a secret, | 这不是秘密 |
[12:25] | but it’s not something he advertised either. | 但他也不会到处讲 |
[12:28] | But with his medication he was just fine. | 吃了药他就没事 |
[12:32] | Well, I think Erikson’s wife might disagree with that. | 艾力生的太太 不会认同这一点 |
[12:37] | You’re part of the team, Jesse? | 洁西 你也是小组成员 |
[12:41] | Daniel was my thesis advisor at the university. | 查克斯曾是我的大学论文导师 |
[12:46] | He asked me to assist him on this project. | 他请我协助这个计划 |
[12:51] | – Are these his notes? – Oh… yeah. | – 这些是他的笔记 – 对 |
[12:55] | Well, whatever’s left of’em. | 所有剩下的 |
[12:59] | First thing he did was destroy all his own work. | 他做的第一件事 是破坏他自己所有的工作 |
[13:02] | You know, his field journals, his computer disks. | 包括场地记录 电脑磁片 |
[13:06] | We salvaged what we could, but… | 我们已尽所能保留 |
[13:09] | ..I don’t really think you’ll find much in there. | 但恐怕你们在这找不出太多东西 |
[13:12] | Of use, anyway. | 有用的东西 |
[13:42] | Hello? | 哈啰 |
[13:45] | Anyone there? | 有人在吗 |
[14:01] | Scully. | 史卡利 |
[14:09] | What d’you make of Mr Trepkos’s neighbourhood? | 从查克斯的背景 能查出什么 |
[14:12] | What d’you mean? | 什么意思 |
[14:14] | Isn’t their behaviour bizarre? Paranoid? | 你不觉得他们的行为古怪吗 |
[14:16] | After what they’ve been through,no. | 经历过这种事之后 并不会 |
[14:18] | They’re practically climbing the walls. | 他们精神都很紧绷 |
[14:21] | They’ve been living in the middle of nowhere for a year. | 在这种鬼地方住了一年 |
[14:24] | One is dead, probably at the hands of another. | 有人死掉 就可能是另一人干的 |
[14:27] | You have to expect some heightened level of emotional distress. | 情绪低落的加重 是可以预料的 |
[14:31] | It’s more than that. There’s something they’re not telling us. | 不只这个 有些事他们不讲 |
[14:34] | Based on what? | 此话怎讲 |
[14:37] | Based on when Ludwig tried to play T-ball with my head. | 当路德 拿我的头开玩笑时 |
[14:40] | He knew I wasn’t Trepkos. | 他知道我不是查克斯 |
[14:43] | Now Mulder, you’re sounding paranoid. | 穆德 你多心了 |
[14:46] | Pierce knows these people. | 皮尔斯了解这些人 |
[14:48] | Let’s find out what he thinks. | 找他问问他的意见 |
[14:51] | Ok. | 好的 |
[15:19] | No one… can leave. | 大家都不准走 |
[15:34] | Pierce! | 皮尔斯 |
[15:36] | – He’s not here. – Pierce! | – 不在这儿 – 皮尔斯 |
[15:38] | – Something’s happened! – Oh, my God! | – 他肯定出了事 – 我的天啊 |
[15:42] | Get over here. He’s over here! | 快到我这来 他在这 |
[15:44] | I’ve found him! I’ve found him! | 我找到他了 我找到他了 |
[15:48] | I’ve found him! | 找到他了 |
[15:55] | – That should do it. – What shall we do with the body? | – 这样就好了 – 怎样处理尸体 |
[15:58] | – Do you have a freezer? – Yeah. | – 有没有冷冻箱 – 有 |
[16:00] | – Radio for the helicopter. I’m almost done. – Let me help you. | – 通知直升机 我快好了 – 我帮你 |
[16:04] | No, that’s OK, we got him. | 没关系 找到他了 |
[16:12] | We can’t leave, Scully. Not yet. | 现在还不能走 史卡利 |
[16:14] | – Why not? | 为什么? |
[16:14] | Trepkos is still out there. | 查克斯还在这 |
[16:16] | He killed Pierce and probably Erikson. | 他杀了皮尔斯 或许艾力生 |
[16:18] | – We should come back with a larger party. – No. | – 我们应该带大伙儿回去的 – 不 |
[16:22] | I’ve been going over Trepkos’s work. | 我仔细看过查克斯的工作 |
[16:24] | I found references to a subterranean organism. | 发现了一种地下生物的资料 |
[16:27] | whatyou talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[16:28] | An organism existing within the volcano. | 火山里有种未知生物 |
[16:30] | No specific description… | 没有特定名称 |
[16:32] | Mulder, nothing can live in a volcanic interior. | 火山内部 没有什么可存活的 |
[16:35] | Not only because of the intense heat, | 不只是因为高温 |
[16:37] | but the gasses would be toxic. | 里面都是毒气 |
[16:39] | What does this say? | 这代表什么 |
[16:42] | It describes the metabolism | 这是从氢化硫转为 |
[16:44] | from hydrogen sulphide into silicon dioxide. | 二氧化硅的代谢过程 |
[16:47] | A silicon-based life form? | 有硅的生命体吗 |
[16:49] | The basic building block | 但人类所知的生物 |
[16:51] | for every organism known to man is carbon. | 基本结构都由碳组成 |
[16:53] | From bacterium to redwood trees. | 从小细菌到大的红杉都是 |
[16:55] | Silicon is the closest element to carbon. | 硅是最接近碳的元素 |
[16:58] | It reacts identically with other elements | 对其他元素的反应完全相同 |
[17:00] | -it combines to form complex molecules. | 可共同合成复杂的分子结构 |
[17:02] | A silicon-based life form | 由硅所组成的生物 |
[17:04] | is one of the holy grails of modern science. | 已经现代科学所推崇的 |
[17:06] | Maybe Trepkos found it. | 也许查克斯已找到了 |
[17:07] | Mulder, that is science fiction | 那是科幻小说 |
[17:10] | It’san elaborate construct from a delusional mind. | 都是幻想太多的结果 |
[17:13] | This doesn’t prove anything. | 这不能证明什么 |
[17:15] | Trepkos said he had evidence. | 查克斯说他有证据 |
[17:17] | It’s gotta be here somewhere. | 一定就在附近 |
[17:19] | Whatever evidence he had, he destroyed. | 有什么证据也都被破坏了 |
[17:22] | Maybe it wasn’t Trepkos who destroyed it. | 也许不是查克斯做的 |
[17:25] | What if it was one of the others? | 若是之中的某个人呢 |
[17:27] | Why would they do that? | 为何要那样做 |
[17:29] | All of these people are suffering | 这些人受到 |
[17:31] | to varying degrees from post-traumatic stress. | 不同程度的精神伤害 |
[17:34] | And from a medical point of view, | 从医学观点来看 |
[17:36] | we have to get them out of here sooner rather than later. | 我们得早点将他们带离此地 |
[17:52] | Jesse? | 洁西 |
[17:55] | Can I talk to you? | 可以和你谈谈吗 |
[18:03] | Are you OK? | 你没事吧 |
[18:07] | I hate this place. | 我恨这里 |
[18:11] | What happened here, Jesse? | 这里发生过什么事 |
[18:16] | You can trust me. | 你可以信任我 |
[18:20] | After the first descent… | 第一次落地后 |
[18:23] | Daniel changed. | 查克斯变了 |
[18:25] | He became withdrawn and paranoid. | 他变得孤僻多疑 |
[18:27] | He locked himself in the lab | 他将自己锁在实验室里 |
[18:29] | for three days and wouldn’t let any of us in. | 连续3天不让我们进去 |
[18:32] | Do you think the descent triggered his breakdown? | 难道这引发了 他的精神衰弱 |
[18:34] | Well, that’s what I thought. | 我就是这么认为 |
[18:37] | And then… I found out… | 后来我发现 |
[18:41] | ..That he’s not taking his pills. | 他没有吃药 |
[18:46] | Lithium carbonate. | 锂碳酸盐 |
[18:48] | Yeah, he said that they were polluting his brain. | 他说这药 污染他的大脑 |
[18:51] | And… he said I was polluting his body. | 他还说 我污染他的身体 |
[18:59] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[19:01] | I don’t wanna die here. | 我不想死在这里 |
[19:03] | What are you so afraid of, Jesse? | 害怕什么 洁西 |
[19:05] | Daniel. | 查克斯 |
[19:10] | The only reason I even came here was because of him. | 我会来这里都是因为他 |
[19:16] | He promised me that this would be an adventure. | 他保证说 这将是一次冒险 |
[19:22] | That it would change my life. | 将改变我的生命 |
[19:29] | But eight months is a long time, | 但8个月很长 |
[19:31] | and I just wanna go home now. | 我现在只想回家 |
[19:35] | Where’s home? | 家在哪 |
[19:37] | Anywhere but here. | 除了这里的任何地方 |
[19:44] | Samples 7, 12 and 22 | 样本7号 12号和22号 |
[19:47] | also contain trace evidence of the organism. | 都包含此生物的迹象 |
[19:50] | The possibility of this new, | 这种新的 |
[19:52] | or perhaps unfathomably old, life form… | 或者可能是 很老的生物的可能性 |
[19:55] | ..has left me sleepless, | 令我失眠 |
[19:58] | wondering if haven ‘t lost all perspective. | 我怀疑自己丧失了见解 |
[20:02] | If my intense desire to find the truth | 若我强烈的期望发现事实 |
[20:05] | hasn’t finally eclipsed the truth itself. | 并不能真的发现事实 |
[20:08] | Our meddling intellect | 我们好管闲事的小聪明 |
[20:10] | misshapes the beauteous forms of things. | 却歪曲了事物的美丽本质 |
[20:13] | We murder to dissect. | 甚至不惜杀人 |
[20:17] | My mind is a tangled knot I can no longer untie. | 我的脑子打结了 剪不断理还乱 |
[20:21] | Daily, I fight the urgeto | 每天我挣扎着 |
[20:23] | sever it completely to stop this descent. | 想中止此次行动 |
[20:45] | What caused that tremor? | 怎么会震动 |
[20:48] | There,s been a lot of seismic activity in the northeast rift zone. | 东北边的断层区 最近常有地震 |
[20:52] | If Trepkos hadn’t destroyed our instruments, | 要不是查克斯破坏掉仪器 |
[20:54] | we might have learned something from it. | 我们可能已获悉什么了 |
[20:57] | You feeling all right? | 你没事吧 |
[21:03] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[21:04] | Agent Scully’s a medical doctor. Let her take a look at you. | 史探员是个医生 你应该让她检查一下 |
[21:07] | – I’m fine. – Just let her take a look… | 我没事 – 就让她看一下吧 |
[21:10] | No! | 不 |
[21:15] | I’ll go get Scully. | 我去叫史探员 |
[21:21] | – Come on, get up. She’ll help you. – I don’t want her to! | – 起来吧 她会帮你 – 我不要她帮 |
[21:25] | Of course you do! It’s for the best. | 你需要 这是为大家好 |
[21:28] | We have to get out of here. | 我们必须离开这里 |
[21:31] | He just collapsed after the tremor. He seems pretty bad. | 地震后他就昏倒了 看来很严重 |
[21:38] | – He’s burning up. – What is it? | – 他烧得很厉害 – 那是什么 |
[21:41] | An infection or a toxic reaction. | 无法断定是感染或中毒 |
[21:42] | We’ve gotta get him to a hospital. | 我们得送他去医院 |
[21:45] | I’ll get a stretcher. | 我去拿担架 |
[21:46] | what about Trepkos.We can’t just leave him. | 查克斯呢 我们不能丢下查克斯 |
[21:48] | Give me the shortwave. | 给我对讲机 |
[21:54] | This is Agent Scully with the Firewalker team. | 我是史卡利 和火山探测小组在一起 |
[21:56] | Come in, Search and Rescue. | 搜救队请回答 |
[22:00] | I’ll get O’Neil and meet you at the landing site. | 我找到洁西之后 在着陆点会合 |
[22:03] | This is Search and Rescue. | 这是搜救队 |
[22:05] | Request dispatch of medevac immediately. | 即刻派救护直升机来 |
[22:08] | We have an Asian male, | 我们有个亚裔男子 |
[22:10] | mid-thirties, spiking a high-grade fever. | 30多岁 发高烧 |
[22:34] | Tanaka’s collapsed. We’re getting him out. | 田中昏倒了 要送他走 |
[22:52] | – Tanaka! – Peter! | – 田中 – 彼得 |
[22:55] | Peter, come on, get back here! | 彼得 快回来 |
[23:33] | There. | 那儿 |
[23:40] | – Come on. – Don’t go down there! | – 回来 – 别下去 |
[23:42] | Let me go! What’re you doing? | 你做什么 放开我 |
[23:44] | – Let go of me! – Don’t go down there. | – 让我下去 – 别下去 |
[23:46] | God.What’re you doing? He needs help | 老天 你做什么 他需要帮助 |
[24:19] | So what is it, Scully? What are we dealing with? | 史卡利 那倒底是什么 |
[24:22] | Without better imaging equipment, I can’t say for sure. | 没有好影像仪器 我无法断定 |
[24:26] | I’ll take any theory you’ve got. | 我接受你的推测 |
[24:28] | It appears to be some kind of a fungus. | 看来像是一种菌 |
[24:31] | Anything you recognise? | 你认的得的吗 |
[24:33] | Well, I’m not a botanist, but I | 我不是植物学家 |
[24:35] | think it’s fair to guess that it’s an unknown genus. | 但客观猜测它应该是未知种类 |
[24:39] | – What am I looking at here? – Spores. | – 那是什么 – 孢子 |
[24:41] | I scraped them off the tip of the fungus. | 从上面刮下来的 |
[24:45] | It appears as if one of the spores | 好像是在田中体内 |
[24:47] | grew inside Tanaka until it reached reproductive maturity. | 长大成熟的孢子 |
[24:51] | Essentially outgrowing its host. | 从寄主身上长了出来 |
[24:53] | But by then it had caused massive tissue damage, | 但造成了大量组织破坏 |
[24:56] | particularly to the respiratory tract. | 尤其是对呼吸道 |
[24:58] | That accounts for the sand in his lungs. | 所以有沙在他的肺里 |
[25:01] | You found sand in his lungs? | 他的肺里面有沙 |
[25:02] | Silicon dioxide. The waste product of a silicon-based organism. | 是二氧化硅 是硅结构生物的代谢产物 |
[25:07] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[25:08] | there’s no such thing as a silicon-based organism. | 天下没有什么硅结构生物的 |
[25:12] | Maybe now there is. | 也许现在有了 |
[25:15] | But we won’t have proof | 等到确定分子结构后 |
[25:16] | until we determine its molecular structure. | 才会有确切的证据 |
[25:19] | Come on. How else do you explain the sand in his lungs? | 对他肺里的沙 有其他解释吗 |
[25:22] | It’s the best trace evidence we could ask for. | 这是能找到最好的证据 |
[25:25] | Trepkos was right. | 查克斯是对的 |
[25:27] | Daniel knew about this? | 查克斯知道 |
[25:30] | He discovered a spore in the samples Firewalker brought up. | 他发现了火山探勘机带回来的孢子 |
[25:33] | He would’ve told us. | 他该告诉大家的 |
[25:35] | Not if what he discovered | 或许他觉得这发现太惊人 |
[25:36] | was too disturbing even for him to understand. | 甚至他自己也无法理解 |
[25:39] | This might explain something else. | 也许这能解释某些事 |
[25:42] | The spore could explain Trepkos’s dementia. | 这孢子造成查克斯的行为 |
[25:44] | Fungi contain alkaloids that affect the nervous system. | 真菌中的生物碱 会影响神经系统 |
[25:47] | Yeah, but what about us? I mean… we weren’t exposed. | 那我们呢? 我们被感染了吗 |
[25:51] | We don’t know that. If it was an airborne microbe, | 还不知道 若这是透过空气传播的菌 |
[25:54] | any of us could’ve inhaled a spore. | 我们都可能吸入了 |
[25:56] | So we’re not going home, right? | 所以大家 都不能回去了 |
[25:59] | Not until we know how it’s transmitted, how it incubates. | 得先查出 它是如何怎样传播与繁殖的 |
[26:02] | If even one of us is infected, | 如果我们之中有人受感染 |
[26:04] | we could risk infecting a much larger population. | 别人就会受我们感染 |
[26:15] | Search and Rescue, this is Agent Mulder. Do you copy? | 搜救队 我是穆德探员 收到了吗 |
[26:18] | This is Search and Rescue.We’re in a holding pattern. Over. | 这是搜救队 我们仍待命中 |
[26:21] | Notify FBI District HQ in Spokane | 请通知联邦调查局总部 |
[26:23] | that we’re in quarantine due to possible contagion. | 我们因为可能的传染病要隔离 |
[26:27] | Have CDC send up an evacuation unit on high alert. | 请准备派遣 高度警戒撤退部队 |
[26:30] | What’s the nature of the contagion? | 传染病是什么种类 |
[26:35] | Agent Mulder? | 穆德探员 |
[26:37] | Tell them it’s a biological agent… of unknown origin. | 告诉他们是 一种未知生物种类 |
[26:42] | That’s affirmative. Standing by. | 清楚了 我们待命中 |
[26:47] | Maybe you should go check up on O’Neil. | 也许该去看看洁西 |
[27:08] | I’m gonna go find Trepkos. | 我要去找查克斯 |
[27:14] | What if he’s already dead? | 要是他已死了呢 |
[27:16] | He’ll find it tough answering my questions. | 那他将难以回答我的问题 |
[27:19] | I’ve gotta find out what he knows. | 我要查出 他知道些什么 |
[27:21] | It could change our | 他的发现能改变 我们 |
[27:23] | understanding of the origin and evolution of life. | 对生命起源的理解 |
[27:25] | He’s dangerous, Mulder. He’s already killed two men. | 他很危险 他已杀了两个人 |
[27:29] | Then I have to find out why. | 那也得查出为什么 |
[27:31] | Will you at least let me go with you? | 至少得让我陪你去 |
[27:33] | No. | 不 |
[27:34] | Look, I know what you’re thinking, | 我知道你在想什么 |
[27:36] | but you have to get past that. We both do. | 但你得忘记过去的事 |
[27:39] | I’m back… and I’m not going anywhere. | 我已回来 也不再去别地方 |
[27:43] | You have to finish the autopsy on Tanaka. | 你得完成 对田中的验尸 |
[27:46] | Hopefully that’ll give us a better | 希望那将帮我们找出 |
[27:49] | idea of what we’re dealing with – whatever it is. | 要面对的是什么 无论那是什么 |
[27:52] | I’m counting on you to keep us all from ending up on that slab. | 只能靠你保护我们 别让我们也躺在那台上 |
[28:18] | Do like we said, OK? | 照我话做吧 |
[28:21] | You know what to say, right? | 你知道该说什么的 |
[28:26] | I could use a little help. | 帮个忙吧 |
[28:29] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[28:33] | So what do you need? | 需要什么 |
[28:35] | Directions, a contour map, USGS survey. | 方向 等高线图 地质勘测 |
[28:37] | Anything that can help me get here. | 任何可以帮我到这里的东西 |
[28:45] | These are the steam caves. | 这些洞穴充满热气 |
[28:49] | They feed into the Sherman Crater. | 都是火山口冒出来的 |
[28:51] | That’s how we access the caldera. | 我们都是从喷火口进去的 |
[28:53] | How did you get these? | 怎么会有这些的 |
[28:55] | Firewalker. | 来自火山探勘机 |
[28:56] | They were transmitted right before Trepkos destroyed his camera. | 这些是在查克斯 破坏摄影机前送来的 |
[29:02] | So you’re finally gonna go after Trepkos? | 你终于要去找查克斯 |
[29:08] | Well, I’ll tell you one thing. | 告诉你一件事 |
[29:10] | You won’t find him with those. | 凭这些你找不到他的 |
[29:14] | And you won’t find him with any map either. | 用任何地图都找不到他 |
[29:15] | How will I find him? | 那要怎么找 |
[29:18] | You won’t. | 你找不到的 |
[29:22] | – Not without a guide. – A guide? | – 除非有人带 – 有人带? |
[29:25] | Yeah, a guide. I’ve been up here for almost a year. | 我已经来这里将近一年 |
[29:28] | I spent months in those caves,… | 在那些洞穴 花了几个月时间 |
[29:31] | ..Charting every fissure,every crevice, | 把每个裂沟和裂缝制图 |
[29:32] | so Firewalker wouldn’t trip. | 这样火山探勘机才不会绊倒 |
[29:35] | If Trepkos is there, I can find him. | 只要查克斯在 我就找得到他 |
[29:38] | Why are you so eager to help me find him? | 为何你急切着要帮我 |
[29:41] | Oh, I’m… I’m not eager. | 不是急切 |
[29:42] | I just don’t want to wait around for | 我只是不要查克斯像对待 |
[29:45] | Trepkos to do to me what he did to Pierce and Erikson. | 皮尔斯和艾力生一样对待我 |
[29:48] | Plus, you’ve got the gun. | 而且你有枪 |
[29:53] | You’re the only one who can get us out of this place. | 只有你有办法 带我们离开 |
[30:16] | Whatever I’m smelling, is it toxic? | 我闻到什么 有没有毒 |
[30:18] | Between the heat and the sulphur, | 这地方不是热气就是硫磺 |
[30:20] | it can get pretty nasty in here. But it won’t hurt you. | 可能会有危险 但不会有毒的 |
[30:24] | You’ll get used to it. | 慢慢就会习惯了 |
[30:27] | How far does the cave extend? | 洞穴有多深 |
[30:30] | Three quarters of a mile, to the crater rim. | 离喷火口边缘大约0.75英里 |
[30:35] | Let’s head in. | 进去吧 |
[30:38] | It twists around quite a bit till you get there. | 到那儿之前会很曲折 |
[30:42] | Lots of dead ends and blind drops. | 会有很多死路 还有断壁 |
[30:46] | Unless you know where you’re going, | 要是不知道路 |
[30:49] | you’re… like a rat in a maze. | 你就如同迷宫中的老鼠 |
[31:34] | Your gun. | 你的枪 |
[31:40] | Back. Get back. | 退后 |
[31:49] | Why are you doing this, Trepkos? He’s already dead. | 为何要这么做 查克斯 他已经死了 |
[31:52] | How many times do you have to kill him? | 你要杀他几次 |
[32:02] | It’s not him I’m trying to kill. | 不是我想杀他 |
[32:39] | I have attempted to culture the spore, | 我企图以不同温度 |
[32:42] | using temperatures ranging from human basal… | 养殖孢子 从人类体温 |
[32:44] | ..To those approximating the volcanic interior. | 到火山内部高温 |
[32:48] | I have used nutritive mediums containing… | 还用不同的滋养 |
[32:52] | ..Human tissue, blood and saliva. Even sulphur. | 包含人体组织 血液与唾液 甚至硫磺 |
[32:56] | However, none of the seven trials… | 然而 所有7项实验 |
[32:59] | ..Have successfully grown the fungus that killed Tanaka. | 都未能成功养殖出 害死田中的真菌 |
[33:03] | Based on this preliminary data, | 透过这些初步数据 |
[33:06] | I have come to the following hypothesis: | 我得到如下假设 |
[33:10] | ..That unless the spores are | 如果这些孢子没有 |
[33:12] | ingested or inhaled by the host organism… | 在一散发时 |
[33:15] | ..Immediately upon their release,… | 马上被寄主咽下或吸入 |
[33:18] | ..They become harmless,… | 它们就无害 |
[33:20] | ..Effectively dead. | 等同于死 |
[33:29] | Jesse? | 洁西 |
[33:36] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[33:39] | I thought you’d like to know | 相信你会庆幸 |
[33:40] | the chances are good that none of us were infected. | 我们之中应该没有人被感染 |
[33:45] | We were a safe distance from Tanaka. | 我们离田中有段距离 |
[33:48] | When Mulder and Ludwig come back, we can leave. | 等穆德和路德回来我们就走 |
[33:51] | I… I just need to run a few more tests, | 只需要再进行几个测试 |
[33:53] | but I think we’re gonna be OK. | 但我想我们会没事的 |
[34:02] | OK, Jesse? Jesse? | 好了吗 洁西 洁西 |
[34:09] | What went wrong, Trepkos? | 发生什么事了 查克斯 |
[34:15] | Firewalker carried something back to the surface. | 火山探勘机 带回些东西到地面上 |
[34:19] | Firewalker brought up an elephant. | 踏火者带回来的 是头大象 |
[34:24] | The truth… | 事实上 |
[34:26] | ..Is an elephant described by three blind men. | 就是瞎子摸象的故事 |
[34:32] | The first man touches the tail and says it’s a rope. | 第一个人 摸到尾巴说像是绳子 |
[34:36] | The second man feels the rough leg and says it’s a tree. | 第二个人 摸到象腿说像是大树 |
[34:42] | The third man feels the trunk and says it’s a snake. | 第三个人 摸到鼻子说像是一条蛇 |
[34:46] | What about you? What do you say it is? | 你怎么想? 你说是什么呢 |
[34:51] | I say the earth holds some truths best left buried. | 我认为地底的真相 最好留在地底 |
[34:55] | Like the spore? | 就像那些孢子 |
[35:02] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[35:03] | I’m Special Agent Mulder. I’m with the FBI. | 我是穆德探员 为调查局工作 |
[35:07] | You don’t look like a policeman. | 看起来不像个警察 |
[35:09] | I came down here to investigate Erikson’s death. | 我来这调查 艾力生的死因 |
[35:12] | That’s not why you’re here. | 那不是真正的原因 |
[35:16] | You still believe you can | 你仍然相信你能 |
[35:18] | petition heaven and get some penetrating answer. | 祈求上天 给你透彻的答案 |
[35:23] | If you found that answer,… | 如果找到答案 |
[35:28] | ..What would you do with it? | 你会怎么做呢 |
[35:34] | I just wanna know what happened after the first descent. | 我只是想知道 第一次降落时发生的事 |
[35:40] | What did you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[35:47] | It was porous,… | 是多孔的 |
[35:53] | ..Obsidian. | 黑曜石 |
[35:56] | Erikson thought it was some sort of rock, | 艾力生认为是岩石的一种 |
[35:58] | so I told him to pulverise it for analysis. | 所以我叫他弄碎分析 |
[36:01] | Erikson released the spore? | 艾力生释放了孢子 |
[36:03] | He discovered a new life form. | 他发现了一种新的生物 |
[36:05] | In a single moment, | 在一瞬间 |
[36:07] | all that science held sacred suddenly turned on its head. | 科学所崇尚的一切全都瓦解了 |
[36:09] | What about Erikson? If… if he was infected… | 艾力生呢 要是他被感染了 |
[36:13] | I was too immersed in the work to notice. | 我太投入工作而没有注意到 |
[36:17] | I’d been alone in the lab for three days… | 我单独在实验室3天后 |
[36:20] | when I heard their screams. | 突然听到尖叫声 |
[36:25] | They were all gathered around him. | 他们围住了他 |
[36:29] | By the time I realised what was happening, | 当我意识到发生了什么事 |
[36:32] | they were already changing. | 一切都改变了 |
[36:34] | The spore… grew in each of them until it became… | 孢子在每个人体内成长 直到变成 |
[36:38] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[36:42] | It’s a parasite. | 是寄生虫 |
[36:44] | It lives to find a host. | 在找寄主 |
[36:47] | – But you weren’t infected? – No. | – 但是你没有被感染 – 没有 |
[36:51] | You destroyed your work, the equipment. | 你破坏掉一切仪器 |
[36:54] | You killed Pierce… so no one could leave. | 杀了皮尔斯 所以大家都不能走 |
[36:58] | No one can leave. | 大家都不能走 |
[37:06] | What about O’Neil? | 洁西呢 |
[37:08] | Jesse? | 洁西 |
[37:10] | Was she exposed to the spore? | 她也被孢子感染了吗 |
[37:13] | They were all exposed. | 他们全都被感染了 |
[37:17] | – All of them. – I have a colleague, a friend,… | 全部 – 我有一个同事 朋友 |
[37:22] | ..Who’s with O’Neil right now. | 现在在洁西旁边 |
[37:25] | – Let me go to her. – She may already be infected. | 我要去找她 她可能已被感染了 |
[37:35] | I can’t let you leave. | 我不能让你走 |
[37:39] | Then you’re gonna have to shoot me. | 那么你开枪吧 |
[37:42] | Because I’m walking outta here. | 因为我要走出这里 |
[38:29] | Jesse? | 洁西 |
[38:50] | you scared me! | 吓死我了 |
[38:54] | Jesse? | 洁西 |
[38:56] | Are you OK? | 你没事吧 |
[38:59] | Jesse, what’s wrong? Jesse? | 洁西 怎么了 |
[39:05] | Jesse, what are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[40:46] | Scully? | 史卡利 |
[40:49] | Scully? | 史卡利 |
[40:51] | I’m OK. I’m OK. | 我没事 |
[40:58] | – You all right? – I’m OK. | – 你没事吧 – 我没事 |
[41:17] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[41:23] | Mulder, look,… | 穆德 你看 |
[41:24] | ..She was infected. I don’t know how. | 她被感染了 不知怎么感染的 |
[41:28] | Erikson was the original host. | 艾力生是最初的寄主 |
[41:31] | When the fungus shed its spores, | 当真菌放出孢子时 |
[41:32] | everyone was at ground zero, except for Trepkos. | 大家都在地面上 除了查克斯 |
[41:35] | Did you find him? | 你找到他了吗 |
[42:04] | I told her… it would change her life. | 我告诉她 这会改变她的生命 |
[42:20] | Search and Rescue, this is Agent Mulder. Do you copy? | 搜救队 我是穆德探员 收到没 |
[42:23] | This is Army Biohazard. How many are in your party? | 我们是生化部队 你们有多少人 |
[42:34] | We have two survivors Agent Scully and myself. | 两个生还者 史卡利探员和我 |
[42:37] | Copy that. Our ETA is seven minutes. | 收到 预计7分钟后到达 |
[42:42] | Mulder, what are you doing? They’re gonna wanna question him. | 穆德 你做什么 他们会想质问他的 |
[42:47] | It’s over | 都结束了 |
[42:50] | He won’t talk. | 他不会说的 |
[43:07] | Scully and I are in the third day of a month’s quarantine,… | 史卡利和我在长达一个月的隔离期的第三天 |
[43:10] | ..Undergoing level four decon procedures. | 进行第4级的清洗程序 |
[43:13] | We are, so far, without symptoms of fungal contamination. | 至今为止尚未 出现被真菌感染的症状 |
[43:20] | Our specimens and field notes were | 所有的样本和现场纪录 |
[43:23] | taken by the biohazard corps prior to our evacuation. | 都被生化部队在撒离前没收 |
[43:27] | Their presence has delayedfor the arrival | 要等政府的资料小组来 |
[43:29] | of the USGS data retrieval team. | 搜集资料才会被拿出来 |
[43:33] | I suspect, though, | 但我相信到时 |
[43:34] | there will be little left for them to retrieve. | 不会再找出什么东西了 |
[43:38] | There are no plans to explore the | 目前没有进一步计划 |
[43:40] | volcanically active mountains in the Cascade range,… | 去探索小瀑布山脉活火山 |
[43:44] | ..Including Mount Avalon. | 包括阿威龙火山 |
[43:48] | All access points to thatvolcano | 所有通往那座火山的入口 |
[43:50] | have been sealed off by army engineers. | 都被军队人员封锁 |
[43:55] | Of the members of the Firewalker descent team,… | 至于火山探勘机 落地小组的成员中 |
[43:58] | ..Only Trepkos and O’Neil remain unaccounted for. | 只有查克斯和洁西 并未被寻获 |
[44:02] | They are presumed dead, | 他们被假定已死 |
[44:03] | and the search for them has been abandoned. | 对他们的搜索已被放弃 |
[44:07] | Firewalker, however, was recovered… | 然而 火山探勘机被寻回 |
[44:10] | ..Though its sensory and locomotive | 但其感应与行动系统 |
[44:12] | systems were found to be irreparany damaged. | 均遭到无法修复的破坏 |
[44:15] | The data it collected from | 从地球内部搜集到的 |
[44:17] | the Earth’s interior will never be known. | 数据 将永远无法取得 |
[44:19] | And of the events that occurred | 所有于1994年11月11日至13日 |
[44:22] | at Mount Avalon between 11 and 13 November 1994,… | 发生在阿威龙火山的事 |
[44:27] | ..Mine stands as the only record. | 只有我能作为证明 |