时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | 阿肯色州 杜利县 A7县道 | |
[00:27] | We don’t have to be out here, you know. | 我们不必到这里来的 |
[00:30] | It’s not like you’re still in high school. | 这不像是还在高中 |
[00:33] | We can go to the motel. | 可以去汽车旅馆 |
[00:35] | – I wouldn’t want anyone to see us. – No one will see us. | 我不希望被人看到 没有人会看到我们 |
[00:40] | It’s a small town. | 这个镇很小 |
[01:02] | George… Come on, George. | 乔治快来吧 |
[01:31] | – Why’d you change your mind anyway? | 你为何改变心意了 |
[01:34] | – You’re pretty persistent, I guess. | 我猜是因为你的坚持 |
[01:36] | – Squeaky wheel gets the oil? – I guess so. | -干柴需要烈火 -大概是吧 |
[01:39] | What’s wrong with right here? I could set the blanket down and… | 就在这里吧 可以放条毯子 |
[01:42] | – Not yet. – Why not? | -还不行 -为什么 |
[01:45] | Because… you have to catch me first. | 因为你要先捉住我 |
[01:53] | Oh, come on now! You don’t want me to chase after you, do ya? | 快点 别这样不是要我去追你吧 |
[02:00] | Paula! | 宝拉 |
[02:09] | Paula? | 宝拉 |
[02:17] | Paula… | 宝拉 |
[02:18] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[02:28] | Son of a bitch! | 他妈的 |
[03:44] | 华盛顿 联邦调查局总部 | |
[03:45] | I don’t know, Scully. The man | 我不知道史卡利 |
[03:46] | hasn’t been seen or heard from in ten weeks. | 这人已经10周没消息了 |
[03:48] | Come on, Mulder. They’re wasting our time. | 算了穆德 他们在浪费我们的时间 |
[03:51] | They’re sending us on some kind of a wild-goose chase. | 派给我们追野鹅的任务 |
[03:55] | Chicken chase. | 是追小鸡 |
[03:57] | George Kearns was a poultry | 乔治·肯恩是派驻在阿肯色州杜利郡的 |
[03:59] | inspector assigned to Dudley, Arkansas… | 家禽视察员 |
[04:01] | …home of Chaco Chicken. | 查哥鸡的家乡 |
[04:04] | I’m not questioning the legitimacy of the case, | 我不是质疑此案的合法性 |
[04:06] | just their motives in assigning it. | 而是指派给我们的动机 |
[04:08] | Doesn’t it bother you that they’re undermining you? | 他们在削弱你的工作 你不困扰吗 |
[04:11] | They may think they are, but on the night he disappeared… | 他们也许觉得是吧 但在他失踪的那晚 |
[04:14] | …A woman on the I-10 saw a strange fire in an adjacent field. | 10号公路上有个女士看到邻近处有怪异的火 |
[04:18] | I read that report. She claims | 是的 我看了报告 |
[04:20] | that she saw some kind of a foxfire spirit. | 她声称她看到某种狐火幽灵 |
[04:23] | I’m surprised she didn’t call Oprah after the police. | 我很讶异她报警之后没致电给脱口秀 |
[04:26] | 19th-century tales from the | 19世纪奥萨克的传说 |
[04:28] | Ozarks describe people being taken away by fireballs. | 描述着人们被火球带走 |
[04:32] | – The spirits of massacred Indians. – Those are only legends. | -是被屠杀的印地安幽灵 -只是传说而已 |
[04:36] | Well, most legends don’t leave behind 12-foot burn marks. | 多数的传说并没留下12呎的烧灼痕迹 |
[04:39] | That was taken by state | 这是警方 |
[04:40] | police in the field where the woman saw foxfire. | 在那女士声称看到狐火的地方拍的 |
[04:44] | – This could have been made by a bonfire. | 这可能是营火造成的 |
[04:46] | – I thought so, too. Until I remembered this. | 我原也这么想直到想起这个 |
[04:49] | A documentary I saw when I was in college about an insane asylum. | 我在大学时看过的纪录片 关于疯子的收容所 |
[04:53] | – It gave me nightmares. | -害我做恶梦 |
[04:56] | – I thought nothing gave you nightmares. | -我以为你不会做恶梦 |
[04:57] | I was young. | 那时我很小 |
[05:00] | They, uh… See, they took… | 他们 看他们带 |
[05:03] | They, uh… They took me away. | 他们把我带走 |
[05:07] | They took me away… This… The fire demons. | 他们把我带走 恶火之魔 |
[05:09] | The fire demons… wanted their pound of flesh. | 恶火之魔想要他们的肉 |
[05:15] | But, uh… …I’m too fast for ’em. | 但因为我太快了 |
[05:22] | You cannot kill them. You can’t let them kill you. Oh, no… | 你不能杀他们 你不能让他们杀你 |
[05:25] | No, don’t let them kill you. That’s no way to get to heaven. | 别让他们杀你 那样无法上天堂 |
[05:29] | No, sir… | 不先生 |
[05:33] | No, sir. That is no way to get to heaven. | 那样无法上天堂 |
[05:35] | His name was Creighton Jones. | 他叫克雷琼斯 |
[05:37] | He pulled off the road on May 17th 1961 to take a nap. | 1961年5月17日他在路边停车小睡 |
[05:41] | They found him three days later | 3天后找到他 |
[05:43] | so deranged by what he’d seen that he was committed. | 其遭遇使他发了疯 |
[05:46] | The state police found his car on the I-10, | 州警在阿肯色州杜尼郡10号公路上 |
[05:48] | right in the middle of Dudley, Arkansas… | 上找到他的车 |
[05:51] | …home of Chaco Chicken. | 查哥鸡的家乡 |
[06:09] | What’s this, Mulder? | 这是什么穆德 |
[06:13] | That’s a witches’ peg. Staking it | 这是女巫的钉桩 |
[06:15] | into the ground is supposed to ward off evil spirits. | 钉在地上用来避开邪灵 |
[06:19] | Can I help you folks? | 能为你们效劳吗 |
[06:22] | I’m Sheriff Arens. I saw you back at the turn-off. | -我是亚伦警长 我看见你们在叉路转回来 |
[06:26] | FBI. I’m Special Agent Mulder | -联邦调查局 我是穆德探员 |
[06:28] | This is Agent Scully. | 这位是史卡利探员 |
[06:29] | We’re investigating George Kearns’s disappearance. | 我们在调查乔治肯恩的失踪案 |
[06:32] | I’m happy to help you, | 很高兴为你们服务 |
[06:34] | but I’m not sure how much there is to investigate. | 但我不敢说还有多少线索可查 |
[06:37] | – Sheriff, a man is missing. | 有个人失踪了 |
[06:39] | – We found no evidence of criminal activity. | 没有犯罪行为的证据 |
[06:42] | Since no body turned up, we just filed a missing person’s report. | 也没有尸体 只好归为失踪人口档案 |
[06:46] | Why didn’t you mention this witches’ peg in your report? | 在报告中你们为何没有提到女巫的钉桩 |
[06:49] | Because these hills are filled with witches’ pegs. | 因为这一带山区到处都是女巫的钉桩 |
[06:52] | These old hill people cling tight to their superstitions. | 这些老的山区居民坚持他们的迷信 |
[06:56] | – What about the scorched area? – Illegal trash burn. | -那被烧灼的区域呢 -非法烧垃圾 |
[06:59] | I keep handing out the citations. They keep doing it anyway. | 我不断的开传票 他们不断的在烧 |
[07:03] | Cheaper to pay a fine than haul it to the dump. | 付罚单比把垃圾拖到垃圾场便宜 |
[07:05] | – So you don’t believe it’s foxfire? – Sir… | 所以你不相信那是狐火 |
[07:08] | …foxfire’s nothing more than a ghost story about swamp gas. | 狐火还比不上沼气的鬼故事 |
[07:12] | Listen, Kearns was passin’ | 我不知道你们怎么想 |
[07:14] | through town ever since he got here six months ago. | 肯恩自6个月前到这里 他就在城里进进出出 |
[07:17] | – How do you mean? – Never did fit in. | -怎么说 -从没适应过 |
[07:20] | Not at the plant, not even in his own home. | 在工厂没有 甚至在他家也没有 |
[07:23] | – He cheated on his wife every chance he got. | -他一有机会就瞒骗他老婆 |
[07:26] | – Did he have many chances? | 他有很多机会吗 |
[07:28] | George is the type of man you’d | 乔治是那种在镇外 |
[07:30] | expect to go chasin’ some sweet young thing out of town. | 追求甜美年轻女子的男人 |
[07:34] | – Is that what his wife thinks happened? | -那是他老婆的想法吗 |
[07:36] | – Push comes to shove, I’m sure she does. | -这无可逃避我确信她是的 |
[07:39] | But you’re welcome to ask her yourself. | 但你们可以去问她 |
[07:46] | My husband had a character that leaves something out. | 我丈夫的个性是有话不说 |
[07:50] | I always knew that about him… | 那种事我一向清楚 |
[07:52] | …but I didn’t have the sense to | 但我无能为力 |
[07:54] | do anything about it. I guess he saved me the trouble. | 我猜他怕我麻烦 |
[07:58] | So you’re fairly certain that he left you for somebody else? | 那么你相当确定 他为别人离你而去 |
[08:02] | George left me a long time ago, | 乔治早就离开我了 |
[08:04] | right around the time I turned 40. | 就在我40岁的时候 |
[08:07] | Leavin’ town was just a formality. | 离开镇里只是个形式 |
[08:10] | – Do you know who he might be with now? | 知道他可能跟谁在一起吗 |
[08:12] | – No. And I don’t wanna know, either. | 不知道我也不想知道 |
[08:15] | He was about to file this | 他正准备将调查报告提交给农业部 |
[08:16] | inspection report with the Department of Agriculture… | 就在他失踪的前一天 |
[08:20] | …the day before he disappeared. – I know nothing about that. | 对此我一无所知 |
[08:23] | – He never discussed his work with you? | 他从未跟你讨论他的工作 |
[08:26] | – He never told me and I never asked. | 他从没说我也从没问过 |
[08:28] | He cited several health violations. | 他举出一些违反健康的例证 |
[08:30] | He was gonna recommend the plant be shut down. | 准备建议这家工厂关门 |
[08:33] | I don’t know a thing about what went on in that plant. | 我一点都不知道那家工厂发生什么事 |
[08:36] | Did he ever receive threatening | 他有接到过恐吓电话 |
[08:38] | phone calls or anything unusual in the mail? | 或任何不寻常的邮件吗 |
[08:41] | There were hang-ups, but I | 有那种一接就挂的电话 |
[08:42] | always thought it was one of his girlfriends. | 但我总以为那是他女友 |
[08:47] | I’m gonna give you my phone number. | 我把电话号码给你 |
[08:49] | If your husband tries to contact you, | 如果你丈夫跟你联络 |
[08:51] | I want you to get in touch with me. | 希望你通知我们 |
[08:54] | Or if you can think of anything else. | 或者你想起任何事的话 |
[09:37] | Come on, Paula. Let’s go! | 宝拉我们走吧 |
[10:23] | This is Jess Harold, the floor manager. | 这是杰斯哈洛楼层主管 |
[10:25] | Jess, these people are with the FBI. | 这两位是联邦调查局探员 |
[10:28] | You’re here about George Kearns? | 你们是为乔治肯恩来的吗 |
[10:30] | His disappearance may have something to do with a report… | 他的失踪可能跟一份报告有关 |
[10:34] | …he was about to file with the Department of Agriculture. | 他正准备将调查报告提交给农业部 |
[10:38] | Ever since he got here, George was trying to shut us down. | 自从他来到这里就一直想叫我们关门 |
[10:42] | – He cited multiple violations. | -他举出了许多违规行为 |
[10:44] | – I know. I had to answer to each one of them. | -我知道我都解释过了 |
[10:47] | Was there any merit to his claims? | 他的说法有错吗 |
[10:50] | Let me show you something. | 让我带你们看些东西 |
[11:08] | Paula, are you OK? | 宝拉你还好吗 |
[11:38] | This is where George worked. | 这里是乔治的工作地点 |
[11:40] | Every chicken passes through the inspectors’ station. | 每只鸡都得经过检查站 |
[11:44] | We’ve been here 50 years and had | 我们已经营50年 |
[11:45] | and had no trouble with the USDA until George came along. | 从未给农业部添麻烦直到他出现 |
[11:48] | no trouble with the USDA until George came along. | -所以他真威胁过要你们关门 |
[11:49] | – So he really did threaten to shut it down. – Oh, he tried. | -他的确试过 |
[11:52] | But we got three other inspectors | 但曾有其他3个督导来过 |
[11:54] | here consistently give us top marks. Here. | 都一致给我们最高评价 |
[11:57] | See for yourself. | 你自己看 |
[11:59] | The only problem this plant had was George. | 这工厂唯一的问题就是乔治 |
[12:02] | Problem enough to do something about? | 问题严重到得有所行动 |
[12:05] | If you mean any kind of unsavouriness, | 如果你是指坏的方面 |
[12:07] | I guess anything’s possible. | 我想任何事都有可能 |
[12:09] | George had a bone to pick with everyone, | 乔治喜欢挑人毛病 |
[12:11] | even the federal government. | 即使是对联邦政府 |
[12:13] | – What do you mean? – He filed a compensation suit. | -什么意思 -他提出了个赔偿诉讼 |
[12:16] | Claimed he was getting terrible headaches. | 声称他有严重的头痛 |
[12:18] | “Line hypnosis” His lawyers called it. | 他的律师称为 生产线催眠 |
[12:21] | Yeah, it’s caused by high-speed repetitive activity. | 没错那是由高速的重复动作所引起 |
[12:24] | I don’t deny a lot of chickens go | 我不否认这里处理很多鸡 |
[12:26] | through here but we operate within federal guidelines. | 但我们都符合联邦指导规范 |
[12:30] | What happened to his lawsuit? | 诉讼情形如何 |
[12:32] | It was dismissed, just a few weeks before he disappeared. | 被驳回了 就在他失踪前几个星期 |
[12:36] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[12:39] | Oh, that. | 那个 |
[12:41] | Feed grinder. Chops up bone, tissue. | 饲料研磨机磨碎骨头及组织 |
[12:44] | See, any part of the bird we can’t package, we process and use as feed. | 瞧每一部份我们都不浪费 |
[12:48] | – Chickens feed on chickens? – It doesn’t sound appetising. | -用鸡来喂鸡 -听起来很倒胃口 |
[12:52] | But it is nutritious and cuts down on cost. | 但是很营养而且省成本 |
[12:54] | The meat is cooked, then mixed with grain. | 这肉煮过然后掺上稻谷 |
[12:57] | No reason to let all that protein go to waste. | 没理由浪费蛋白质 |
[12:59] | – Excuse me. I got a shift change. – Howdy, Sheriff. | -对不起我得换班了 -你好警长 |
[13:03] | Logan. | 罗根 |
[13:05] | Mulder, ready to admit they sent us on a fool’s errand? | 承不承认他们让我们白跑一趟 |
[13:08] | If the fool would persist in his folly, he’d become wise. | 如果砌而不舍也会有收获的 |
[13:11] | Whether Kearns left or was killed, | 不管肯恩是离开还是被杀 |
[13:14] | this could have been handled by any Kansas City agent. | 肯萨斯警方都能处理的 |
[13:17] | I’m not so sure about that. | 这我可不敢说 |
[13:22] | Let him go! We’re federal agents. | 放开他我们是调查局探员 |
[13:26] | Everyone stay calm! | 大家冷静 |
[13:29] | Don’t hurt him! Tell us what you want. | 别伤他说出你的要求 |
[13:31] | Don’t get excited. Just calm down. | 别紧张冷静点 |
[13:35] | Stay calm! You don’t want anyone to get hurt. | 冷静你不希望有人受伤吧 |
[13:39] | We can talk this thing out. Why don’t you give me the knife? | 我们可以谈谈 把刀给我好吗 |
[13:52] | You OK? | 你还好吗 |
[14:11] | Do you have any idea why she attacked you? | 知道她为何攻击你吗 |
[14:14] | – None at all. – No recent complaints or strange behaviour? | 一点也不知道 最近有抱怨或行为怪异吗 |
[14:18] | Paula has always been one | 宝拉向来都是我们最好的员工之一 |
[14:19] | of our best employees. Stable, well-liked. | 稳定 受欢迎 |
[14:22] | I can’t begin to imagine what brought this on. | 我无法想像这是怎么搞的 |
[14:25] | Dr Randolph, do you have any ideas? | 蓝道夫医生有什么意见 |
[14:28] | If you’re done with me, I got work to do. | 若没我的事我还有工作要做 |
[14:30] | Come by tomorrow and let me make sure it’s not infected. | 明天过来让我确定一下没被感染 |
[14:36] | Sure. Uh… | 好的 |
[14:40] | Paula came by last week, complaining of persistent headaches. | 宝拉上星期来过 抱怨有持续性头痛 |
[14:44] | She had suddenly started getting irritable, unable to sleep. | 她突然开始变得焦燥和失眠 |
[14:48] | – Did you determine the cause? – I’m just the staff physician. | -诊断出原因了吗 我只是员工医生 |
[14:51] | I usually only treat hand injuries… | 通常我只治疗手伤 |
[14:54] | …so I’m a little out of my depth on psychiatric matters. | 所以对精神病方面比较没有研究 |
[14:58] | Was anything physically wrong with her? | 她精神上有问题吗 |
[15:00] | I sent her to County for a brain scan and an EEG. | 我送她去郡立医院做脑部扫描和脑波图 |
[15:03] | Both came back normal, | 两者都很正常 |
[15:05] | so I assumed her condition was stress-related. | 所以我假定她的状况跟压力有关 |
[15:07] | – Could it have been line hypnosis? | -会是生产线催眠吗 |
[15:09] | – I’m not qualified to make that diagnosis. | -我没有资格做诊断 |
[15:12] | But you can tell us whether George Kearns had similar complaints. | 但是你可以告诉我们肯恩是否有相同的抱怨 |
[15:16] | They presented similar symptoms, yeah. | 是的他们有类似的征状 |
[15:23] | – How did you treat them? – Both with pain medication-codeine. | -你怎么帮他们治疗 -都给止痛药 |
[15:26] | I think an autopsy on Paula Gray would clarify things. | 我想解剖宝拉有助于理清事实 |
[15:30] | I’m, uh… afraid I can’t authorise that. | 我恐怕无法授权 |
[15:33] | – That’s up to Mr Chaco. | -那由查哥先生决定 |
[15:35] | – Why? You’re her physician. | -为什么 你是她的医生 |
[15:36] | Yeah, but Mr Chaco was Paula | -是的 但查哥先生 |
[15:39] | Gray’s grandfather… and her legal guardian. | 是宝拉的祖父和她的合法监护人 |
[16:37] | Mr Chaco? | 查哥先生 |
[16:39] | Feedin’ these chickens… | 喂这些鸡… |
[16:42] | …helps me clear my mind. | 帮助我清醒脑子 |
[16:46] | They’re perfect creatures, you know. | 它们是完美的动物 |
[16:49] | We eat their meat, their eggs, | 我们吃鸡肉鸡蛋 |
[16:51] | sleep on pillows stuffed with their feathers. | 使用鸡毛做的枕头 |
[16:56] | Not many people I know are as useful as these chickens. | 我认识的人当中很少有像鸡这么有用的 |
[17:00] | Sorry to disturb you, sir. We realise this is difficult for you. | 抱歉打扰您先生 我们了解您很难过 |
[17:04] | You wanna conduct an autopsy on my granddaughter. | 你们要对我孙女解剖 |
[17:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:13] | You think Paula had some disease that made her act that way? | 你们认为宝拉有病才让她如此的吗 |
[17:18] | That’s what we’re hoping a postmortem will determine. | 那正是我们希望解剖的原因 |
[17:21] | I thought your business was Kearns’s disappearance. | 我以为你们是来调查肯恩的失踪的 |
[17:24] | It is, but it may be linked | 是没错但那有可能 |
[17:25] | with what happened to your granddaughter. | 与您孙女的事有关 |
[17:28] | How? | – 怎么说 |
[17:30] | It’s possible they may have | -我们还不能确定 |
[17:32] | both suffered from the same neurological disorder. | 他们两个可能都罹患精神错乱 |
[17:35] | You know, when I came here after the war, | 战后我来到这里时 |
[17:38] | Dudley was just a patch of dirt. | 杜利还只是一片尘土 |
[17:41] | I built that plant and put my whole family to work there. | 我盖了那间工厂并让整个家族在那里工作 |
[17:46] | We made this town one of | 我们使这个镇成为 |
[17:48] | the biggest chicken processors in the nation. | 国内最大的鸡只处理中心之一 |
[17:51] | We couldn’t have done that with troublemakers and layabouts. | 有麻烦的人或懒人的话 我们做不到这种成绩 |
[17:55] | I assume you mean George Kearns. | 我想您指的是乔治·肯恩 |
[17:57] | Men like George Kearns don’t build things. | 像肯恩这种人不会建设 |
[18:00] | They tend to tear ’em down. | 只会破坏 |
[18:03] | Then you’re aware of his recommendation to close down your plant? | 那么您知道他建议关闭您的工厂 |
[18:07] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[18:09] | …livin’ a long life is a mixed blessing. | 长寿是件不好不坏的事 |
[18:14] | You spend your youth trying to | 你投入青春 |
[18:16] | build something for yourself and your family… | 为自己及家人 与社会建立一些东西 |
[18:18] | …and your community, only to | 却只能 |
[18:21] | watch it all taken away from you at your old age. | 在你年老时眼看着一切被夺走 |
[18:26] | Still… | 但是呢… |
[18:28] | …I’m not ready to die just yet. | 我还不准备死 |
[18:32] | You go do your autopsy on Paula. | 你们去为宝拉验尸吧 |
[18:35] | I wanna know what happened to my granddaughter. | 我想知道我孙女到底怎么了 |
[18:55] | I think we’ve got something here, Mulder. | 可能有发现了 穆德 |
[18:58] | – Take a look. – What am I looking at? | -看一看这个 -要我看什么 |
[19:00] | A specimen from Paula’s brain. | 宝拉的脑部取样 |
[19:02] | She had a rare degenerative | 她得了罕见的衰退失调 |
[19:04] | disorder called Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. | 又称为克鲁兹杰可症 |
[19:06] | It’s characterised by the formation of holes in the brain tissue. | 这病的特点是在脑部组织有孔状结构 |
[19:10] | – Why didn’t they show up on her charts? | 病例上为何没有写 |
[19:14] | Short of an autopsy | 除非解剖 |
[19:15] | it’s hard to diagnose. | 否则很难诊断出来 |
[19:16] | I’ve only seen infected tissue once. | 受感染的组织我只看过一次 |
[19:17] | back in medical school | 是在医学院的时候 |
[19:19] | – Could it be why she attacked Jess Harold? – Absolutely. | -那是她攻击哈洛的原因吗 -绝对是 |
[19:22] | Victims of Creutzfeldt-Jakob | 克鲁兹杰可症的受害者会 |
[19:24] | suffer from progressive dementia, severe seizures. | -逐渐痴呆和严重的癫痫 |
[19:27] | – Is it fatal? – This girl would have been dead in months. | -是绝症 这女孩活不了几个月 |
[19:31] | Except that Paula Gray was no girl. | 只是宝拉并非年轻女子 |
[19:33] | This is her personnel file. Check it out. | 这是她的个人档案 看看 |
[19:36] | It says here that Paula Gray was born in 1948… | 这上面说宝拉葛雷生于1948年 |
[19:39] | …which means that this woman, | 也就是说这个女人 |
[19:41] | Chaco’s granddaughter, was 47 years old. | 查哥的孙女是47岁 |
[19:45] | There must be a mistake. | 其中一定有错 |
[19:47] | Let’s find out. | 我们去查清楚 |
[19:48] | Her birth certificate should be on file at the courthouse. | 她的出生证明应该在郡法院 |
[19:51] | Who knows, Scully? | 谁知道史卡利 |
[19:53] | This could turn out to be even more interesting than foxfire. | 这结果可能比狐火更为有趣 |
[20:08] | The odds that they both had | 他们几乎不可能 |
[20:10] | the same disease are practically nonexistent. | 罹患同样的病 |
[20:13] | Creutzfeldt-Jakob can be hereditary, but it’s not communicable. | 克鲁兹杰可症会遗传 但不会传染 |
[20:18] | That two unrelated people in | 一个镇上两个不相干的人 |
[20:19] | one town contracted the same rare disease is… | 得了同样的罕见疾病 |
[20:22] | A lot more likely than Paula | 跟宝拉已47岁 |
[20:24] | Gray being three years shy of her 50th birthday. | 一样令人不敢相信 |
[20:28] | Mulder, look out! | 小心 |
[20:46] | Call an ambulance! | 叫救护车 |
[20:49] | I’ll try to get the driver out. | 我要把司机救出来 |
[20:55] | This is Federal Agent Scully. I’d like to report an accident… | 我是调查局探员史卡利 我要通报一件意外 |
[21:12] | I just got off the phone with Dr Randolph. | 我刚跟蓝道夫医生通过电话 |
[21:15] | He said this driver had the same symptoms. | 他说这司机也有相同的病征 |
[21:18] | You’re saying this is a third victim? | 这是第3个受害者 |
[21:21] | You told me two cases are statistically impossible. | 你说两个病例就不可能了 |
[21:24] | They would be. | 他们就是例外 |
[21:26] | I just came up with a sick theory, Mulder. | 我有一个疾病理论 |
[21:29] | Ooh, I’m listening. | 你说 |
[21:32] | You saw the feed grinders at the plant. | 你见过那饲料研磨鸡 |
[21:34] | What if somebody put Kearns’s body in there? | 如果肯恩的尸体在里面呢 |
[21:37] | This is a prion disease, so it may | 那是最初的病源 |
[21:39] | have passed on to the chickens and whoever ate them. | 所以可能已经传染给鸡 和吃鸡肉的人 |
[21:42] | So anyone eating the chickens would be at risk? | 那么凡是吃鸡肉的人都会有危险 |
[21:45] | It’s possible. In England they | 有可能英国人焚烧牛只 |
[21:47] | incinerate cattle to stop them passing on mad cow disease. | 以阻止疯牛症的传染 |
[21:51] | These chickens are shipped all over the country. | 这些鸡肉运销到全国各地 |
[21:53] | If you’re right, we’d be seeing an epidemic, | 可能我们看到的是传染病 |
[21:56] | not just a few local cases. | 而不是几桩地方案件 |
[21:59] | Sheriff? | 警长 |
[22:03] | What’s wrong with this water? | 这河水是怎么回事 |
[22:07] | Runoff from the plant. Chicken litter, | 从工厂流出来的 大多是鸡的废弃物 |
[22:10] | mostly. Some blood and parts. | 血和残肢 |
[22:12] | Was this river searched after Kearns disappeared? | 肯恩失踪后这条河有被搜寻过吗 |
[22:15] | Are you kiddin’? A needle in a haystack! | 你开玩笑 那是大海捞针 |
[22:17] | I’d like it dragged as soon as possible. | 我要你尽快去打捞 |
[22:22] | Why would you wanna do that? | 为何要这么做 |
[22:24] | To see what’s in there. | 看看里面有什么啊 |
[22:27] | That’s a filthy job, and I | 那是个污秽的工作 |
[22:28] | would first like to know what you’re lookin’ for. | 我要知道你在找什么 |
[22:31] | Hopefully, nothing. | 希望是什么都没有 |
[22:35] | Look, Sheriff, if you don’t wanna do it, | 如果你不愿意 |
[22:37] | I can get some of my men to do it. | 我会找我的人去做 |
[22:40] | I’ll do it. | 我去做 |
[22:43] | – Mulder… – It’s just a hunch. | 穆德 只是预感如果肯恩不是跑掉 |
[22:45] | If Kearns didn’t run off, if he was murdered for that report… | 如果他是为那份报告被杀 |
[22:49] | …then his body’s gotta be somewhere. | 那他的尸体一定在某处 |
[23:10] | We closed the spillway and the water level dropped. | 我们关了泄洪道 水位下降 |
[23:14] | – They came up with it almost immediately. – Did you find Kearns? | – 马上有所发现 – 找到肯恩了吗 |
[23:18] | Maybe you’d better see for yourself. | 你最好自己去看 |
[23:55] | Sheriff Arens is outside. | 警长在外面 |
[23:56] | They’re still pulling bones from the river. | 在河里还继续捞出骨头 |
[24:00] | Well, so far I’ve been able to isolate nine distinct skeletons. | 目前我已经分出9副不同的骨骸 |
[24:04] | This one belonged to the late George Kearns. | 这副就是肯恩的 |
[24:07] | – How do you know? – The pin… in his femur. | -你怎么知道 -在他股骨的钢钉 |
[24:12] | According to his medical file, | 根据他的病例 |
[24:15] | Kearns broke his right leg four years ago. | 肯恩4年前摔断了腿 |
[24:18] | – What about the others? | 其他的呢 |
[24:19] | – I’ll need more sophisticated equipment… | 我需要更精密的设备 |
[24:22] | …but I estimate that some | 但我估计有些 |
[24:24] | of these bones are as much as 20 or 30 years old. | 骨头已经有20或30年之久 |
[24:27] | All of them share one strange detail, though. | 然而他们有个奇怪的共通点 |
[24:32] | – They seem to have lost their heads. – Besides that. | – 他们都没有头 – 除此之外 |
[24:37] | The older bones show signs | 较老的骨头呈现出 |
[24:38] | of decay and abrasion, like you’d expect. | 腐蚀和磨损如你预料 |
[24:41] | But for some reason all of them, | 但因某种原因他们跟肯恩的骨头末端 |
[24:43] | even Kearns’s, are smooth and buffed at the ends. | 都很平滑光亮 |
[24:51] | It’s almost like they’ve been polished. | 就像是曾被磨光 |
[24:54] | It could be erosion from the water… | 有可能是被水侵蚀的 |
[24:56] | Well, that water had hardly any current. | 那河水几乎不流动 |
[24:59] | This level of erosion wouldn’t | 这种侵蚀的程度 |
[25:01] | be confined to just the ends of the bones. | 不会只限于骨头末端 |
[25:05] | – Any theories? – Maybe. | -有何推论 -或许有 |
[25:10] | Sheriff… | 警长 |
[25:13] | – Doris. – Is it true? Just tell me. | – 桃莉丝 – 是真的吗 尽管告诉我 |
[25:16] | – Doris, I want you to listen to me. | – 桃莉丝听我说 |
[25:18] | – They found him, didn’t they? | – 他们找到他了 是不是 |
[25:20] | We brought up quite a few remains at the river this afternoon. | 今天下午我们捞起了相当多的残骸 |
[25:24] | George’s were among them. | 乔治也在其中 |
[25:27] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[25:29] | Listen, I’m really sorry. It’s gonna be all right. | 一切都会好的 |
[25:32] | Don’t worry, Doris. We’ll take care of you. | 放心 我们会照顾你 |
[25:35] | Doris? | 桃莉丝 |
[25:38] | – Dee, that the new schedule? | 狄 是新的计划表吗 |
[25:44] | Looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[26:08] | Why do I get the feeling you’re not here to check up on my neck? | 为何我觉得你不是来看我脖子上的伤的 |
[26:11] | – They found bones in the river. – I know. I heard. | -他们在河里找到骨骸 -我听说了 |
[26:15] | Did you also hear that Clayton | 你知道克莱顿 |
[26:17] | Walsh came down with the symptoms? That’s four. | 也出现那病征了吗 4个了 |
[26:20] | It’s getting worse with every day that goes by. | 情况一天比一天糟了 |
[26:24] | – Someone has to tell Mr Chaco. | 得告诉查哥先生 |
[26:26] | – He knows, but he’s not doing anything. | 他知道 但没有任何行动 |
[26:31] | – Maybe I should talk to him. – You can try. | -也许我该跟他谈谈 -你会吗 |
[26:36] | I will talk to him. He’ll listen to me. | 我会跟他谈 他会听我的 |
[26:40] | And if he doesn’t? | 如果他不呢 |
[26:55] | I had Danny run a check on missing | 我让丹尼查杜利县 |
[26:57] | persons last seen within a 200-mile radius of Dudley. | 方圆两百哩的失踪人口 最后出现之处 |
[27:01] | In the last 50 years 87 people have disappeared near here. | 过去50年来这一带有87人失踪 |
[27:05] | Judging from the forensic evidence, | 从证据上判断 |
[27:08] | I’d say the same person or persons was responsible. | 我会说这是同一人或同一群人所为 |
[27:12] | It may have been the work of a cult. | 可能是某种邪教所为 |
[27:15] | Scully, I think that the good people | 我认为杜利县的人们 |
[27:17] | of Dudley have been eating more than just chicken. | 吃的不只是鸡肉而已 |
[27:23] | – You think these people were eaten? – Look at these bones. | 你认为这些人是被吃掉的 看看这些骨骸 |
[27:26] | They’ve been polished at both ends, | 两边都被磨光 |
[27:28] | suggesting they were boiled in a pot. | 显示那是经过烹煮的 |
[27:31] | Anthropologists used similar evidence… | 人类学者用类似的证据 |
[27:33] | …to prove cannibalism among the Anasazi tribe of New Mexico. | 去证明新墨西哥阿拿萨部族的食人行为 |
[27:39] | Then Paula Gray may have | 宝拉可能因吃了肯恩 |
[27:40] | contracted Creutzfeldt-Jakob by eating George Kearns. | 而得了克鲁兹杰可症 |
[27:44] | – That could explain her youthful appearance. | 这样可以解释她的年轻外貌 |
[27:47] | – What are you talking about? | 这是什么意思 |
[27:48] | Some cannibalistic rituals are believed to prolong life. | 某些吃人仪式被认为可以延年益寿 |
[27:52] | Cannibalism is one thing, but increasing longevity by it… | 吃人是一回事 但靠吃人增寿… |
[27:56] | Think about it, Scully. | 想想看 |
[27:58] | From vampirism to Catholicism | 从吸血鬼到罗马天主教 |
[28:01] | literally or symbolically… | 无论是真的还是象征性的 |
[28:02] | …the reward for eating flesh is eternal life. | 吃人肉的好处就是生命永恒 |
[28:04] | I don’t know how it works, but we saw Paula. | 我不明其理 但宝拉就是证明 |
[28:06] | We never confirmed her date of birth. | 她的生日尚未证实 |
[28:08] | Maybe the courthouse records can tell us if she, | 也许法院记录会告诉我们 |
[28:11] | or anybody else, is lying about their age. | 她或别人是否谎报年龄 |
[28:18] | You coming? | 要一起去吗 |
[28:29] | You gotta do something, Mr Chaco. | 你得采取行动 查哥先生 |
[28:32] | People are gettin’ scared. | 人们越来越恐慌 |
[28:34] | They don’t know what to make of things. | 他们不知道该怎么做 |
[28:36] | They’re losing faith is what it sounds like. | 听起来他们好像失去了信念 |
[28:39] | It’s gettin’ hard to hold on to, the way things are goin’. | 事情的发展已经渐难控制 |
[28:42] | – Three more got sick since yesterday. | -从昨天起又有3人染病 |
[28:44] | – I lost my granddaughter in this! | -我失去了孙女 |
[28:46] | So don’t tell me what we’re up against! | 所以别告诉我事情有多严重 |
[28:50] | Now, I said I’d handle it. | 我说过会去处理 |
[28:52] | I know you… | 我知道你… |
[28:57] | – I need to see Mr Chaco. | 我要见查哥先生 |
[29:00] | Doris. | 你好 桃乐丝 |
[29:07] | I can’t do this any more, Mr Chaco. | 我不能再这样做 查哥先生 |
[29:10] | I can’t keep lyin’. | -我不能继续说谎 |
[29:11] | It’s all right. Jess told me what happened. | -放心 杰斯已把情况告诉我 |
[29:15] | – You have nothing to worry about. | -你不用担心 |
[29:17] | – But they’re gonna think I did it. | -但他们会认为是我做的 |
[29:19] | – No, they won’t think any such thing. – But I did! | 不 他们不会这么想 但我有做 |
[29:22] | – No. – I helped! | -我有帮忙 |
[29:25] | He was no good, Doris. | -他不好 桃乐丝 |
[29:27] | Doris. He had no values. He didn’t fit in here. | 他没什么贡献 他不适合这里 |
[29:29] | – But he was my husband. | -但他是我丈夫 |
[29:31] | – That was the price that you had to pay. | -那是你必须付出的代价 |
[29:35] | – You knew that from the beginning. – But those FBI agents… | 一开始你就了解 但那些调查局探员 |
[29:38] | Uh-uh. This town wasn’t built in a day. | 这个城市不是一天造成的 |
[29:42] | It’s not about to fall apart in a day. | 也不会一天就倒 |
[29:45] | No, you’re a part of us now. | 你现在是我们的人 |
[29:47] | And we’re gonna take good care of you. | 我们会好好照顾你 |
[29:50] | Now, I want you to go home, get some rest. | 我要你回家去休息一下 |
[29:54] | You’ve got a funeral to go to. | 你还要筹备葬礼 |
[29:57] | This whole thing’ll blow over soon | 整件事很快就会平息 |
[29:59] | enough and you’ll wonder what all the fuss is about. | 然后 你会纳闷自己在紧张什么 |
[30:04] | – I’m sorry. – That’s all right. | -对不起 -没有关系 |
[30:06] | We all understand, Doris. Good night. | 我们都理解 晚安 |
[30:21] | Yeah, she’ll be fine. | 她会好的 |
[30:26] | – She’s not stable. – She’s one of us now. Part of our town. | -她情绪不稳 -她是我们的人 镇的一份子 |
[30:31] | Unless we do something about her, there won’t be any town left. | 除非我们对她有所行动 否则镇也不会存在了 |
[30:33] | No! | 不行 |
[30:36] | Once we start turning on ourselves, | 一旦我们自相残杀 |
[30:38] | we’re no better than the animals. | 我们跟野兽就没什么差别了 |
[30:42] | It’s the FBI we should be worryin’ about. | 我们该担心的是调查局 |
[30:46] | They’re the real problem. | 他们是真正的麻烦 |
[31:14] | Someone’s been playing with matches. | 有人玩火柴 |
[31:20] | Smells like a recent fire. | 闻起来像最近烧的 |
[31:24] | I bet it’s no coincidence it only hit the birth records. | 我打赌不会那么巧 只烧了出生记录 |
[31:28] | You think someone was expecting us? | 有人预计我们会来 |
[31:41] | – It’s Doris Kearns. | 我是桃莉丝·肯恩 |
[31:44] | I’m in my house. I need to speak with you right away. | 我在我家 我必须马上跟你谈谈 |
[31:48] | – Are you all right? – I’m afraid for my life. | -你还好吗 -我担心我的安危 |
[31:53] | I’m afraid he’ll kill me. | 我怕他会杀我 |
[31:56] | Who? | -谁 |
[32:00] | – Mr Chaco. – All right, Mrs Kearns. | -查哥先生 -好吧 肯恩太太 |
[32:03] | Stay in the house. | 待在屋里 |
[32:04] | Don’t answer the door until Agent Scully arrives. | 把门锁好 史探员到达以前别应门 |
[32:09] | – Where are you going? – To take Chaco into custody. | -你要去哪里 -去拘捕查哥 |
[33:09] | Mrs Kearns? | 肯恩太太 |
[33:30] | Mrs Kearns? | 肯恩太太 |
[33:57] | Mrs Kearns? | 肯恩太太 |
[34:32] | – Is Mr Chaco in? – I’ll see if he’s still awake. | -查哥先生在吗 -我去看他是否还没睡 |
[35:33] | I’m sorry, but Mr Chaco is unable to see you now. | 很抱歉 查哥先生现在无法见你 |
[35:37] | – D’you know what’s in here? – No. | -知道这里面是什么吗 -不知道 |
[35:40] | – Can you open it? – I don’t have the key. | -能不能打开 -我没有钥匙 |
[35:54] | What do you think you’re doin’?! | 你在做什么 |
[36:22] | – Scully. – Scully, Chaco’s not here. | 史卡利 -史卡利 查哥不在这里 |
[36:25] | Yeah. Mrs Kearns is missing,too | 肯恩太太也失踪了 |
[36:27] | Mulder. I think someone’s been here. | 我想有人来过 |
[36:30] | The power’s been cut and | 电源被切而且后门大开 |
[36:31] | the back door was wide open. Her car is still out back. | 电源被切而且后门大开 她的车还在后院 |
[36:35] | Chaco must’ve taken her. | 一定是被查哥带走 |
[36:38] | Scully? Scully! | 史卡利 史卡利 |
[36:40] | Scully! What happened? Scully, are you there? | 史卡利 怎么回事 你还在吗 |
[36:44] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[36:46] | Scully! | 史卡利 |
[36:49] | Answer me! Scully! | 回答我 史卡利 |
[37:34] | What have you done here? | 你们做了什么 |
[37:37] | I warned ya! | 我警告过你们 |
[37:39] | I said not to touch her! | 我说过不要动她 |
[37:42] | Doris Kearns was one of us! | 桃莉丝·肯恩是我们的人 |
[37:45] | Who’s behind this? | 是谁干的 |
[37:55] | Why didn’t you listen? It’s the | 你为何不听 |
[37:57] | outsiders we have to deal with, not one of our own. | 我们要对付的是外人 不是自己人 |
[38:00] | We’ll deal with them all. | 我们要对付他们全部 |
[38:02] | Look at yourselves! Look at what you’ve become! | 看看你们自己 看看你们变成什么了 |
[38:07] | This isn’t faith any more. It’s just fear. | 这已经不是信念是恐怖 |
[38:11] | You’ve become an abomination! | 你们变得令人憎恨 |
[38:13] | You brought in the outsider who made us sick. | 是你从外面带进来让我们生病的东西 |
[38:16] | Once you turn on yourselves, it’s over. | 一旦你们自相残杀就完了 |
[38:21] | How long before it’s any one of us? | 下一个是谁 |
[38:27] | Any one of you?! | 是谁 |
[38:30] | That’s not your problem any more, Mr Chaco. | 那不是你的问题了 查哥先生 |
[38:36] | No! | 不 |
[38:49] | Kill me… | 杀了我 |
[38:53] | …and you kill us all. | 就是杀了所有人 |
[39:20] | Watch it. | -锁住它 |
[39:22] | Got it. | -抓住它 |
[39:47] | Bring her over. | 带她过来 |
[41:12] | Aagh! | 趴下 |
[41:32] | – Are you hurt? – Uh-uh. | 有受伤吗 |
[41:37] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[42:36] | People, stand away from your work stations! | 各位离开你们的工作台 |
[42:40] | Pending further review, | 在等待进一步检查前 |
[42:42] | the Chaco processing plant was closed by the USDA. | 查哥处理厂被农业部关闭 |
[42:46] | So far, no evidence of contaminated chicken has been discovered. | 目前为止还没有发现鸡肉被污染的证据 |
[42:50] | Though it remains unknown how | 虽然仍不知道 |
[42:52] | many citizens participated in the ritual activity… | 有多少市民参与这个仪式 |
[42:55] | …27 have become fatally ill with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. | 但有27人染上致命的克鲁兹杰可症 |
[43:00] | What is known is that a transport plane carrying Walter Chaco… | 一架载有华特·查哥的运输机 |
[43:04] | …was shot down in 1944 over New Guinea. | 于1944年在新几内亚被击落 |
[43:07] | Chaco was the only survivor of that crash. | 查哥是唯一的生还者 |
[43:10] | According to naval records | 根据海军的记录 |
[43:12] | he spent six months with the Jale… | 他跟祖尼族生活了6个月 |
[43:14] | …A tribe whose cannibalistic | 一个长期被怀疑但未经证实 |
[43:16] | practices have long been suspected, but never proven. | 的食人部族 |
[43:20] | Naval records also show that | 海军记录也显示 |
[43:22] | Walter Chaco was born in 1902… | 华特·查哥出生于1902年 |
[43:24] | …making him 93 years old at the time of his death. | 推算他去世时享年93岁 |
[43:31] | As of this date, his remains have yet to be found. | 时至今日他的遗骸仍未被寻获 |