时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | “I foresee a romantic affair | 我预见了超级影星麦当娜 |
[00:06] | between superstar Madonna and superwitness Kato Kaelin.” | 和超级证人卡特·卡林之间的绯闻 |
[00:09] | That’s a gimme. That’s not really going out on a limb, is it? | 这太小儿科了 不值得大书特书 |
[00:13] | “I foresee author JD Salinger finally publishing a new novel… | 我预见沙林格最终会出版他的新小说 |
[00:17] | ..And hitting the talk-show circuit to promote it.” | 上脱口秀节目宣传它 |
[00:21] | That’s just playing the odds. | 那只是小菜一碟 |
[00:23] | “I foresee the revelation that not Elvis, | 我预见到不但是猫王 |
[00:26] | but rather Buddy Holly, is still alive,… | 还有巴迪·霍利还活着 |
[00:30] | ..Having faked his own death so many years ago.” | 他许多年前伪造了他的死亡 |
[00:34] | “Holly will not only re-emerge, | 巴迪不但会重新现身 |
[00:36] | but also regroup with the Crickets,… | 而且会重组蟋蟀乐队 |
[00:39] | ..And they will headline in next year’s Lollapala…” | 他们会上头条 |
[00:43] | “Lollapaz… pazoola.” | 拉拉巴佐拉 |
[00:47] | What the hell is “Lollapallazo”? | 拉拉巴佐拉是什么 |
[00:50] | Who’s Buddy Holly? | 谁是巴迪·霍利 |
[00:54] | Just give me my lotto ticket and a pint of malt Scotch whisky. | 给我一张彩票和一瓶麦芽苏格兰威士忌 |
[00:59] | – Anything else? – Yeah. | -还有别的吗 -还有 |
[01:04] | One of these. | 这份报纸 |
[01:20] | – Sorry. – Don’t apologise. | -对不起 -不用道歉 |
[01:23] | You’re a better dancer than my last date. | 你比我最后一个舞伴还好 |
[01:35] | So what has brought you to Madame Zelma? | 你来见泽马女士所为何事 |
[01:39] | Well, can you really know | 你真的能 |
[01:40] | everything about me just by looking at my hands? | 什么事只要看下我的手就知道了 |
[01:45] | The palms tell me all. | 手掌告诉我的一切 |
[01:49] | I would just like for you to be able to tell me… | 我想你告诉我 |
[01:53] | ..Why am I going to be | 为什么我要做我将要做的事 |
[01:54] | doing the things that I’m going to be doing? | 泽马女士是个看手相的 |
[01:58] | Madame Zelma, she is a palm reader, not a psychologist. | 不是精神病专家 |
[02:02] | I know, I know. It’s just… | 我知道 |
[02:05] | I think I’ve somehow caught a glimpse of my own future… myself. | 我想我看到了我的一些未来 |
[02:11] | And I see me doing things that… | 我自己 |
[02:15] | ..That just seem so out of character for me. | 我看见我做一些事… |
[02:18] | These are things that not only do I not wanna be doing,… | 好像和性格一点都没关系 |
[02:21] | ..But I can’t even imagine myself capable of doing. | 这些事好像我并不想去做 |
[02:25] | And, yet, there I am. I’m doing ’em. | 我也没想到我能够做 |
[02:28] | Mister… | 但我却正在做 |
[02:30] | – Please, you’re hurting me. – I know. I know. | 先生 你伤害我了 我知道 |
[02:33] | And I’m sorry. But you’re a fortune-teller. | 对不起 但你能观测未来 |
[02:37] | – No. Please… – You should’ve seen this coming. | -你应该已经看见了 -求你… |
[03:37] | They say the eyes capture the last image a murder victim sees. | 他们说爱害者的眼睛 一直注视着被杀的经过 |
[03:41] | – So what do they say about the entrails? – Yuck. | -他们说内脏是什么回事吗 -有的 |
[03:44] | Is it true you asked for help on this case? | 这件案你需要别人来帮忙吗 |
[03:47] | – This guy’s an expert at this sort of thing. | 这家伙是这方面的专家 |
[03:49] | – I heard he was a bit unorthodox. | 我听说他有点不正规 |
[03:51] | – He comes highly recommended. | 别人对他很高评价 |
[03:53] | – Yeah, I saw him on TV. | 我在电视上见过他 |
[03:55] | – So he’s a publicity hound. He gets results. | 我知道他喜欢出风头 只要能破案就不所谓了 |
[03:58] | – I worked on a case he did. Very spooky. | 我曾在他办过的一个案子上干事 十分诡异 |
[04:00] | As long as he gives us leads, I don’t care how big a kook… | 只要他给我们线索 我才不管他装神弄鬼 |
[04:11] | – Who the hell are you? – I’m Agent Mulder. | -你是谁 -我是穆德探员 |
[04:14] | This is Agent Scully. | 这是史卡利 |
[04:16] | I forgot you were coming. I’m Cline. This is Havez. | 忘记你们来了我是克莱恩 这是哈瓦兹 |
[04:19] | We’re thinkin’ this guy might be a Satanist, | 我想这家伙是个撒旦 |
[04:21] | what with the eyeballs. | 什么挖眼睛的 |
[04:23] | Satanists take the eyeballs and leave the body, | 即使是现代神话 撒旦会带走眼睛留下尸体 |
[04:25] | and not in anything but modern myths. | 而不是带走尸体 |
[04:29] | – He’s gouging eyes for no reason? | 他毫无理由地把眼睛挖出来 |
[04:30] | – Nobody does anything without a reason. | 没有人无理由地做事 |
[04:33] | We’ve composed a profile with | 我们已经画了凶手的侧写 |
[04:35] | explanations of his attacks | 我们提供对他攻击天性的解释 |
[04:37] | and also his choice of victims. | 以及他选择哪些受害人 |
[04:39] | – Does it explain the entrails? | 那内脏有什么解释 |
[04:41] | – Anthropomancy. | 从占卜术的角度解释 |
[04:42] | It was once believed that you | 据说能通过受害者的内脏 |
[04:44] | could divine your future by studying human entrails. | 观测自己的将来 |
[04:47] | So this guy is hackin’ up people in order to see his future? | 这个人这么做是为了看到他的将来 |
[04:51] | There’s a possible connection | 这些受害者之间一定有联系的 |
[04:53] | with all his victims being prognosticators. | 就这来说 |
[04:55] | Till this one. She was a doll collector. | 她是个玩具收藏家 |
[04:58] | And an amateur tasseographer. | 还是个业余占卜师 |
[05:01] | She read tea leaves. You can gain | 她是看茶叶算命的 |
[05:03] | insight into your future by examining the pattern… | 做法是对你喝过的茶杯底下叶子形状的诠释 |
[05:06] | ..On the bottom of the cup. | 让你知道自己的未来 |
[05:09] | – You believe in this? | 你相信吗 |
[05:10] | – I’m not convinced. | 我不很信 |
[05:11] | – But I’m pretty sure the victim was. – Why? | 那受害者相信的 为什么 |
[05:14] | Her leaves were telling her she was about to be murdered. | 叶子告诉她 她将被谋杀 |
[05:31] | – Mr Yappi, I appreciate you coming here. – Quiet. | -雅皮先生 谢谢你能来 -安静 |
[05:34] | Yes, I’m seeing visions. Visions of the killer. | 我看见一种形象 杀手的形象 |
[05:40] | He does not feel like he’s in control of his life. | 他觉得自己控制不了自己的生命 |
[05:42] | Very important. That’s why he kills. Yes. | 这就是她杀的原因 |
[05:45] | – Can you see what he looks like? – He looks like… | 你能看出他长什么样吗 他像是… |
[05:48] | ..A white man with facial hair… or not. | 一个白人面上长胡子…或者没有 |
[05:52] | But he has, yes,… | 但他 |
[05:55] | ..A tattoo somewhere on his body. | 对了 身上有纹身 |
[05:59] | Maybe the tattoo has the facial hair, I think. | 也许纹身上长着毛发 |
[06:06] | I see him here, forcing himself, yes, on the girl. | 我想 我看见他就在逼迫那个女孩 |
[06:11] | But he cannot perform,… | 但他不能勃起 |
[06:13] | ..So he’s taking out his rage. | 所以他非常愤怒 |
[06:18] | It’s gone. I lost the vision. | 消失了 幻象消失了 |
[06:21] | Someone is blocking me. | 有人在阻挡我 |
[06:25] | I am picking up negative energy. | 检测到负能量 |
[06:45] | – Please, leave this room. – I’m part of this investigation. | 请出去 我是来调查案子的 |
[06:48] | – You give off negative energy. | 你发出负能量 |
[06:50] | – I assure you, I believe in psychic ability. | 我向你保证 我也是相信精神能力的 |
[06:53] | So you say with your mouth, but your thoughts tell me the truth. | 你口是心非 |
[06:59] | Agent Mulder, please. | 穆德 请吧 |
[07:03] | I can’t take you anywhere. | 不是任何地方我都能带上你 |
[07:12] | Now, excuse me. I have an interview to give. | 对不起 我还得参加一个会面 |
[07:16] | Sceptics like you make me sick. | 像你这样的怀疑论者让我恶心 |
[07:19] | Mr Yappi, read this thought. | 雅皮先生 我现在想什么 |
[07:23] | So’s your old man! | 你大爷 |
[07:29] | It’s too bad about your negative energy. | 因为你的负能量 |
[07:31] | You missed quite a performance. | 你错过了一场精彩的演出 |
[07:33] | Look what he did to my pen. | 看他把我笔弄成这样 |
[07:35] | Let me impress you with my psychic ability. | 让我用我的精神力来打动你 |
[07:37] | Mr Yappi proclaimed the victim’s body was near water. | 雅皮先生说会在水边找到死者的尸体 |
[07:40] | He saw a church or school in the vicinity. | 他在幻象中见到了附近的一所学校或教堂 |
[07:43] | He got a flash of the letter S and the number 7. | 他见到了S字母或数字7 |
[07:45] | – What’s your point? – | 你有什么意见 |
[07:46] | His leads are so vague as to be useless,… | 他说得那么模糊 实际上并没有用 |
[07:49] | ..Yet easily seen as correct after the fact. | 而且很容易通过事实而更正 |
[07:51] | He said the killer doesn’t feel in control of his life. | 他说杀手觉得不能控制自己的生命 |
[07:54] | – That’s true of everyone at times. – He said other things. | 对每个人都说得通 他还说了很多的事 |
[07:57] | Some are bound to be right, | 是的 有些东西有可能是对的 |
[07:59] | but most will turn out wrong. Which is which? | 但大部份是错误的 到底哪些是正确的 |
[08:02] | Look, all I know is that Yappi has | 我只知道雅皮提供了的线索 |
[08:04] | provided more solid leads on this case than you have. | 在这个案子上提供了比你更可靠的线索 |
[08:07] | Now, if you don’t mind, I have | 如果你不介意 我要去见一个尸体… |
[08:09] | to get an APB out on a white male, 17 to 34,… | 男性 白人 17岁到34岁 |
[08:13] | ..With or without a beard, maybe a tattoo, who’s impotent. | 有或没有胡子 也许有纹身 有性功能障碍的 |
[08:17] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[08:20] | Might as well go home, Mulder. This case is as good as solved. | 回家吧 这案子已经破了 |
[08:25] | So General Mutual has a | 通用相互公司有一份非常详细的 |
[08:27] | very comprehensive $200,000 life policy… | 20万的人寿保险计划 |
[08:31] | ..At a net annual cost of $2400. | 每年只需花2400元 |
[08:35] | You see, the thing is,… | 你知道 |
[08:37] | ..We were really hoping to buy a boat. | 我们真的很想买艘船 |
[08:40] | Mr Gordon, as a young husband,… | 佐敦先生 作为一个年轻丈夫 |
[08:43] | ..You’ll find that your new | 我想你该多考虑一些对家庭的责任 |
[08:45] | responsibilities take precedence over recreational needs. | 而不是去享乐 |
[08:49] | But this is a really good boat. | 但这真是一艘好船 |
[08:53] | You don’t get it, do you, kid? | 你没买它吧 |
[08:56] | Two years from now,… | 两年后… |
[08:59] | ..While driving down Route 91 | 当你开过91号公路时… |
[09:03] | ..Coming home to your wife and baby daughter,… | 回家看你的老婆和小女儿时 |
[09:07] | ..You’re gonna be hit head-on by a drunk,… | 你会被一个开着蓝色 |
[09:10] | ..Driving a blue ’87 Mustang. | 的87年产的野马车的醉鬼 |
[09:14] | You’ll end up looking worse | 开车迎面撞上 |
[09:16] | than 60 feet of bad road your body slides across… | 你死得很难看飞出挡风玻璃 你的尸体散落在 |
[09:19] | ..After flying out your front windshield. | 公路60英尺的范围内 |
[09:23] | Mister, you really need to work on your closing technique. | 先生 你应该提高你的业务能力 |
[10:02] | Oh, no, no, no, no. Not your lighter, Mrs Lowe. | 不 不是你的火机 劳尔太太 |
[10:06] | I want your garbage. | 我想要你的垃圾 |
[10:16] | Get outta here, you monster. | 滚开 怪物 |
[10:19] | Is everything all right, Mrs Lowe? | 一切都还好吧 劳尔太太 你的食品充足吗 |
[10:22] | You have enough supplies? Enough dog food? | 你有足够的狗食吗 |
[10:45] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[10:47] | It’s creepy, isn’t it? | 有点奇怪 对吗 |
[10:48] | The Stupendous Yappi said | 雅皮说 |
[10:50] | the first victim’s body has been dumped. | 受害者尸体会被丢在某处垃圾堆 |
[10:52] | – Then we find it in a Dumpster. | 我们就真在垃圾箱里找到它 |
[10:53] | – Ooh, I just got a chill down my spine. | 我的脊梁骨有点凉 |
[11:00] | Who found the body? | 谁找到尸体的 |
[11:02] | According to the report, Mr Bruckman, | 布鲁曼先生 根据警察的报告 |
[11:05] | you didn’t touch the body after you found her. | 你发现尸体后 并没有碰她 |
[11:09] | – Why would I want to? | 我为什么要碰 |
[11:10] | – You reported a body with its eyes cutout. | 但你报告说你发现尸体的眼睛挖了出来 |
[11:14] | The body was facedown. | 如果你没动的话 尸体是朝下的 |
[11:15] | How did you know the eyes had been removed? | 你怎么知道眼睛被挖走了 |
[11:18] | Well, they had been, hadn’t they? | 他们总那样做 对吗 |
[11:21] | Then what are you complaining about? | 那你还抱怨什么 |
[11:25] | How had the eyes been cutout? | 眼睛怎么被挖出来的 |
[11:27] | By a piece of crystal ball, of all cockamamie things. | 用一块水晶球之类的东西 |
[11:31] | We did find some crystal shards on the body. | 我们确实在尸体上找到水晶粒 |
[11:33] | How do you know it was from a crystal ball? | 你怎么知道是从水晶球上掉下来的 |
[11:36] | Well, it just figures. I mean, | 我只是猜 |
[11:38] | if a guy goes to kill a fortune-teller,… | 如果有人要去杀算命婆 |
[11:41] | ..He’s obviously going | 他一定会 |
[11:43] | to assault her with her own crystal ball… | 用她的水晶球袭击她 |
[11:45] | ..And use a shattered piece as a sort of lance, isn’t he? | 把碎片当作刺刀用 是不是 |
[11:53] | How much have you heard about the recent slayings in town? | 你知道多少关于镇上 |
[11:57] | Just that some nut is killing | 近来发生的事的传言 |
[11:59] | fortune-tellers and ripping their eyes and entrails out. | 我就听说有个疯子杀了很多算命的 |
[12:03] | How did you know about the entrails? | 并把他们眼球和内脏挖出来 |
[12:05] | That hasn’t been released to the press. | 你怎么知道关于内脏的事 |
[12:07] | I never read the papers. | 报上并没有说 |
[12:10] | Too depressing. | 我从不读报纸 太多坏消息 |
[12:13] | Mr Bruckman, I’m sorry, | 布鲁曼先生 |
[12:15] | but I’m going to have to ask you to come with us. | 对不起 你要跟我们走 |
[12:22] | Step inside, Mr Bruckman. | 进来吧 |
[12:25] | What… what is this all about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[12:27] | A murder occurred here earlier this evening. | 今晚早些时候有起谋杀在这发生 |
[12:30] | We believe it was committed by | 我们相信是同一个人做的 |
[12:32] | the person who murdered the woman that you found. | 他就是杀害那女人的凶手 |
[12:36] | – Is there anything you can tell us? – I didn’t do it. | 你能告诉我这件事情吗 不是我杀的 |
[12:39] | You’re not under suspicion. | 不是怀疑你 |
[12:41] | But I do harbour a suspicion | 但我怀疑你能够看到 |
[12:42] | that you can see things about this crime. | 犯罪的现场 |
[12:45] | – Things that we can’t see. | 而我们看不到 |
[12:47] | – I’m not sure I understand what you mean. | -我不明白你什么意思 |
[12:50] | I think you do. | -你一定明白 |
[12:52] | Yeah, yeah, right. I’d like to see both your badges again, right now. | 我要再看一下你们的证件 |
[13:01] | I don’t blame you, Mr Bruckman. | 我不会责怪你的 布鲁曼先生 |
[13:05] | I’m supposed to believe that’s a real name? | 我相信这是个真名 |
[13:07] | What is this all about? I found a dead body in my Dumpster. | 怎么了 我只是在垃圾箱发现一具尸体 |
[13:12] | I reported it to the police and now, | 我报告了警察 |
[13:14] | suddenly, I’m accused of doing things,… | 现在却突然指责我杀了人 |
[13:17] | ..Or being able to do things, that I couldn’t possib… | 或者做我能够但不可能做的事情 |
[13:52] | He’s performing the same routine | 这人和雅皮玩的都一样 |
[13:53] | as The Stupendous Yappi, just in a different style. | 只是风格不同而已 |
[13:56] | No, something told me, something is telling me this guy’s for real. | 不 有些事告诉我 有人告诉我这个人是真的 |
[14:00] | Oh, so now you’re psychic? | 你现在成了灵媒 |
[14:06] | The killer, he doesn’t feel like he’s in control of his own life. | 那杀手感觉到他控制不了自己的生命 |
[14:11] | I mean, like, who is? Am I right? | 对不对 |
[14:15] | But this guy,… | 但这个家伙… |
[14:17] | ..He truly believes… | 他真的相信 |
[14:19] | he sees himself as some kind of a… | 他把自己当成了 |
[14:27] | Can you describe him? Do you get a visual impression of him? | 木偶 你能描述一下他吗 他有什么特征 |
[14:32] | So you can see into him, but not at him? | 那你是能了解他内心 而不能看见他本人 |
[14:37] | I didn’t mean to give off any negative energy. | 对不起 我不是要散发负能量 |
[14:40] | Negative energy? What is this? | 负能量 是什么 怎么回事 |
[14:46] | What is it? What do you see? | 你看见什么了 |
[14:50] | He’s having sex with her. There. | 他在那儿和她做爱 |
[14:53] | – Is he raping her? – Oh, no, no, no, not at all. | -他强奸她 -不 |
[14:57] | In fact, she’s instigating the whole thing. | 实际上 是她主动的 |
[15:00] | Then what’s wrong? | 那哪里出了错 |
[15:05] | Sometimes it just seems that everyone’s having sex except for me. | 除了我之外 好像每个人都在做爱 |
[15:14] | Can you tell us why the | 布鲁曼先生 你能告诉我为什么凶手 |
[15:15] | killer is murdering people in the way that he is? | 为什么用这种方式来杀人吗 |
[15:18] | Why does anyone do the things they do? | 为什么每个人都要做他们要做的事 |
[15:20] | Why do I sell insurance? I wish I knew. | 为什么我是个卖保险的 |
[15:24] | Why did this woman collect dolls? | 我也想知道 为什么这女人收藏玩具 |
[15:26] | What was it about her life? | 这对她生命有什么意义 |
[15:29] | Was it one specific moment | 难道某一刻 |
[15:30] | where she suddenly said: I know, dolls. | 她突然说 我知道了 玩偶 |
[15:34] | Or was it a whole series of things,… | 又或者它是一系列收藏 |
[15:37] | ..Starting when her parents first met,… | 从她父母第一次相遇时开始 |
[15:40] | ..That somehow combined in such a way | 最后她没有办法 |
[15:43] | that she had no choice but to be a doll collect… | 也只好收集玩具 |
[15:57] | You’ll find a woman tomorrow morning… | 你明早会发现一个女人 |
[15:59] | by the fat, little, white, | 漂流在格兰威湖上 有一个胖矮的白色的 |
[16:01] | Nazi storm trooper. | 纳粹冲锋队队员 |
[16:03] | Glenview Lake. Her body’s floating in Glenview Lake. | 她的尸体漂在湖上 |
[16:12] | Now, if you’ll excuse me,… | 对不起 |
[16:16] | ..I think I’ve seen enough deaths for one night. | 我一晚看见太多死人了 |
[16:29] | – OK, go. – We got her! | 行了 |
[16:39] | Doesn’t that propane tank bear more than a slight resemblance… | 史卡利 你不觉得丙烷罐 |
[16:43] | ..To a fat, little, white, Nazi storm trooper? | 有点象矮胖的纳粹冲锋队 |
[16:46] | Mulder, the human mind naturally seeks meaningful patterns… | 穆德 人类总在不连贯的东西中 |
[16:49] | ..In things that don’t inherently have any. | 寻找意义 |
[16:52] | Given the suggestion of an image, | 并给出特别的想像 |
[16:54] | you can’t help but see that shape. | 你一定在别处看见过它 |
[16:56] | If that tank weren’t there, | 如果那容器不在那里 |
[16:57] | you’d see it in a rock or tree. | 你会把它当成岩石或树木 |
[16:59] | Did you answer my question? | 你回答了我问题吗 |
[17:04] | Yes, it looks like a Nazi storm trooper, | 是的 它是像个纳粹冲锋队员 |
[17:06] | but that only proves my point. | 这证明了我的观点 |
[17:08] | He named the water the victim would be in. | 他说出了尸体被找到的水的名称 |
[17:10] | That only implies that he put her in there. | 这说明他把她扔到里面 |
[17:13] | – I don’t believe he’s the killer. | 我不相信他是杀手 |
[17:15] | – I don’t believe he’s psychic. | 我不相信他是灵媒 |
[17:16] | If he’s neither, how did he know where the body would be? | 如果不是 他怎么知道哪里有尸体 |
[17:19] | Maybe he’s just lucky. | 也许他只是走运 |
[17:22] | ..38, 40 and 44. | 三十八 四十 四十四 |
[17:24] | – Once again, the numbers are: 8, 12… – Why? | 重复一次 中奖号码是 为什么 8 12 |
[17:29] | Why do I do this to myself? | 为什么我要折磨自己 |
[17:33] | Come in. | 进来 |
[17:37] | I knew it was you. | 我知道是你 |
[17:40] | I know why you’re here. | 我知道你为什么来 |
[17:44] | You’re here because you found | 你来是因为发现我说的是真话 |
[17:46] | that woman’s body where I told you it would be. | 而且你现在相信我有某种精神力量 |
[17:49] | And now you’re convinced I have some sort of psychic power. | 所以当你的拍档 |
[17:53] | So while your sceptical | 去进行尸检时 |
[17:55] | lady partner is off performing an autopsy,… | 你却来这里要我帮忙 |
[17:58] | ..You came here to ask my help catching this serial murderer. | 以抓住那个连环杀手 |
[18:03] | Everything you said is correct. | 你说的对 |
[18:06] | Oh, it’s you. | 哦 是你 |
[18:09] | I won’t help you. Please leave. | 我不会帮你的 请离开 |
[18:12] | – But you do admit to having this gift. – I got it all right. | 但你承认有这种天份 我知道 |
[18:16] | The only problem is it’s nonreturnable. | 问题是它是无法避免事情的发生 |
[18:19] | Your ability has staggering | 你拥有的精神力量 对生理和意识的影响 |
[18:21] | implications upon physics and human consciousness. | 来说都是惊人的 |
[18:24] | It’s one which most people would be envious of, | 而许多人 包括我自己 |
[18:27] | yet you seem to treat it with disdain. | 都会羡慕 你自己却厌恶它 |
[18:30] | Do you wanna know how you’re going to die? | 你想知道你怎么死吗 |
[18:35] | Yes, I would. | 想 |
[18:39] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不想 |
[18:42] | Not knowing has its own drawbacks, | 当然 无法预知总是有缺陷的 |
[18:44] | which is why a good insurance policy is so important. | 怪不得 好的保险政策这么重要 |
[18:48] | I don’t know what kind of | 我不知道对于联邦探员可以提供什么险种 |
[18:49] | coverage the FBI has, but General Mutual has… | 但通用相互公司… |
[18:52] | This murderer has already committed four homicides. | 布鲁曼先生 这个杀人犯已进行了四起谋杀 |
[18:55] | He’ll commit more whether I help you or not. | 无论我帮不帮你 他都会再杀人的 |
[18:58] | – How can you be so sure? | 你怎么这么确定 |
[18:59] | – How could I see the future if it didn’t exist? | 如果没有将来 我还怎么观测 |
[19:03] | But if the future is written, then why bother to do anything? | 如果将来都已经注定 那我还有什么好烦恼 |
[19:06] | Now you’re catching on. | 你现在明白了 |
[19:13] | Mr Bruckman, I believe in your ability, | 我相信你的能力 |
[19:15] | but not your attitude. | 但不是你这种态度 |
[19:18] | I can’t watch people die… | 我不能眼睛睁地看着别人死去 |
[19:20] | ..Without doing everything in my albeit unsupernatural power to interfere. | 而自己却不能加以阻止 |
[19:25] | Well, you see, that’s | 那就是我不能帮你抓那个人的 |
[19:26] | another reason I can’t help you catch this guy. | 另外一个原因 |
[19:29] | I might adversely affect the fate of the future. | 我会对将来的命运起反作用 |
[19:32] | His next victim might be… | 他下一个目标也许是这女孩母亲 |
[19:33] | ..The mother of the daughter whose son invents the time machine. | 她的儿子发明了时间机器 |
[19:37] | Then the son goes back in time and changes world history. | 接着她的儿子会回到过去 改变历史 |
[19:42] | And then Columbus never discovers America, | 哥伦布就不会发现美洲 |
[19:45] | man never lands on the moon,… | 人类就不能登上月球 |
[19:48] | ..The US never invades Grenada. | 美国就不会入侵格林纳达… |
[19:52] | Or something less significant resulting in the fact | 或者一些小事 |
[19:56] | that my father never meets my mother… | 从而导致我爸爸和我妈妈不能相识 |
[19:58] | ..And consequently I’m never born. | 结果就没有我存在 |
[20:04] | So when do we start? | 我们什么时候开始 |
[20:11] | I don’t know what it is, | 我不知道它是什么 |
[20:12] | but it belonged to a victim. | 一个受害者的东西 |
[20:14] | That’s a hit. | 击中了 |
[20:16] | In psychical parlance, a correct guess is a “Hit”. | 心理研究的说法 猜中了就是击中了 |
[20:19] | An incorrect guess is a “Miss”. | 猜错了就是没击中 |
[20:22] | The guy who cast the mould for | 拥有这个东西的人… |
[20:24] | this will die of prostate cancer at the age of 82. | 会在82岁死于癌症 |
[20:27] | – Hit or miss? – I have no way of verifying that information. | 击中没有 我没办法证实 |
[20:31] | Then why’d you ask me? | 那你为什么问我 |
[20:33] | Do you receive any otherimpressions from it ? | 你对它还有没有其他想法 |
[20:41] | It’s ugly. Next. | 太难看了 下一个 |
[20:59] | I was told you were interrogating a suspect. | 据说你在审问一个嫌疑犯 但直觉告诉我 |
[21:03] | I’m now convinced of our psychic’s ability. | 现在我证实了我们灵媒的能力 |
[21:05] | Or, rather, his one ability. | 他的一个能力 |
[21:07] | He is able to divine how people are gonna die, but that’s all. | 就是能推测出人是怎么样死 |
[21:10] | He can’t provide any practical information. | 但他不能为我们提供有价值的信息 |
[21:13] | I got it. This is yours. | 我明白了 这是你的 |
[21:15] | This is from your New York Knicks T-shirt. | 这是从纽约尼克斯的T-恤上弄下来的 |
[21:19] | Miss. | 错了 |
[21:21] | This is worse than playing the lotto. | 这比玩彩票还糟 |
[21:27] | Try reading this. | 你看一下这个 |
[21:30] | – Save me the headache, Scully. What is it? | 别让我猜了 是什么 |
[21:32] | – It was found on the woman from the lake. | 从湖里的那女人身上找到的 |
[21:34] | Identical key chains were found on two other victims. | 上面两把钥匙链在另外两个 |
[21:37] | I managed to trace the insignia | 受害者身上找到 |
[21:39] | to an investment firm called Uranus Unlimited. | 我发现这个徽章 |
[21:42] | They provide market strategies | 是一个叫做马兰纳斯公司的 |
[21:44] | based on astrological forecasts. | 他们是通过预见来实施市场策略的 |
[21:46] | It’s owned by… | 公司由一个叫做 |
[21:47] | Claude Dukenfield: age 43,… | 克劳德·大肯菲 43岁 |
[21:50] | ..316 Roundview Lane,… | 住在316号小巷上 |
[21:53] | ..Divorced with two children,… | 离婚 有两个孩子 |
[21:56] | ..Makes about $87,000 a year, nonsmoker. | 每年赚8万7千美元 -不抽烟 |
[22:00] | – Is that a hit or a miss? – As far as I know, it’s correct. | -击中没有 对了 |
[22:04] | You got all that information by handling that key chain? | 你通过摸钥匙链就能知道这些 |
[22:07] | Oh, no. I sold him a policy a couple of months ago. | 不 我一个月前卖保险给他 |
[22:11] | It’s just a coincidence. | 只是巧合而已 |
[22:14] | In any case, we’re trying to get a hold of him. | 总之 我们要去抓他 |
[22:18] | Oh, you won’t be able to do that. | 不行 |
[22:21] | He’s been murdered. | 他被杀了 |
[22:24] | We’re almost there. | 我们快到了 |
[22:25] | How are you receiving this information? | 你是怎么知道尸体在哪里的 |
[22:29] | – How should I know? – I mean, are you seeing it in a vision? | 我怎么知道 你看到了什么景象或者一个感应 |
[22:32] | Or is it a sensation? How do you know where to go? | 你怎么知道我们去哪 |
[22:36] | I just know. | 我就是知道 |
[22:38] | – But how do you know? – I don’t know. | -你怎么知道 -我不知道 |
[22:43] | Look, it’s just up ahead. | 向前走 |
[22:47] | There are worse ways to go, | 有很多糟糕的行为 |
[22:48] | but I can’t think of a more undignified one… | 但最不像样的是 |
[22:51] | ..Than autoerotic asphyxiation. | 窒息式性行为 |
[22:56] | Why are you telling me that? | 为什么你告诉我这些 |
[22:58] | Look, forget I mentioned it. It’s none of my business. | 那就忘了吧 那不关我事 |
[23:04] | Oops! Pull over here. | 这儿停车 |
[23:06] | Stop. Stop, stop, stop. | 停 |
[23:22] | This is the spot. | 就是这里 |
[23:25] | I guess you run into a lot of dead bodies in your line of work. | 我想你一定处理过很多死尸 |
[23:29] | You get used to it. | 已经习惯了 |
[23:32] | I never have. I’m not sure you’re supposed to. | 我可没有 我不确定你真的习惯 |
[23:36] | Do you remember the first time you foresaw someone’s death? | 你记得第一次预见某人的死吗 |
[23:40] | – 1959. – What happened in 1959? | 1959年 那年发生什么事 |
[23:43] | – Buddy Holly’s plane crashed. | 巴迪·霍利的飞机失事了 |
[23:45] | – You prognosticated Buddy Holly’s death? | -你预测到巴迪·霍利的死 -没有 |
[23:47] | Oh, God, no. Why would I wanna do that? | 我为什么要那样做 |
[23:51] | But I did have a ticket to see him perform the next night. | 但我确实有他第二晚演出的门票 |
[23:54] | Actually, I was a bigger fan of the Big Bopper than Buddy Holly. | 但我更喜欢大波帕 |
[23:58] | “Chantilly Lace”, that was the song. | 尚蒂伊花边 是首好歌 |
[24:01] | I’m not following. | 我不明白你的意思 |
[24:05] | The Big Bopper was not | 大波帕不应该会 尸体在哪 |
[24:07] | supposed to be on the plane with Buddy Holly. | 和巴迪·霍利在同一个飞机上 |
[24:09] | He won the seat from somebody else by flippin’ a coin for it. | 他和别人赌赢了一张飞机票 |
[24:14] | – I’m still not following. | 我还是不明白 |
[24:15] | – Imagine all the things that had to occur,… | 想想可能发生的事 |
[24:18] | ..Not only in his life but in everybody else’s,… | 不单是他 还有别人 |
[24:23] | ..To arrange it so that on that particular night… | 安排在某个特别的晚上 |
[24:26] | ..The Big Bopper would be in a | 大波帕会依靠投硬币 |
[24:28] | position to live or die depending on a flippin’ coin. | 来决定生死 |
[24:33] | I became so obsessed with that idea… | 我为那主意感到兴奋 |
[24:37] | ..That I gradually became capable | 后来我逐渐能看到 |
[24:39] | of seeing the specifics of everybody’s death. | 任何人死亡的细节 |
[24:43] | I’m not one who readily believes in that kind of thing. | 我不相信那种鬼东西 |
[24:46] | If I was, I wouldn’t believe that story. | 我不相信那种故事 |
[24:49] | I know it sounds crazy, but I swear it’s true. | 我发誓是真的 |
[24:52] | I was a bigger fan of the Big Bopper than Buddy Holly. | 与巴迪·霍利相比 我更喜欢大波帕 |
[24:58] | – Where’s the body? – Yeah, I don’t understand how you know… | 这是精确的地区 |
[25:10] | I guess I can’t see the forest for the trees. | 我看不见森林深处 |
[25:18] | OK, now! | 好了 |
[25:27] | I’m glad I could bring a little smile into your life. | 很高兴这样能让你笑一下 |
[25:30] | I’m not smiling, I’m wincing. | 我不是笑 而是害怕 |
[25:48] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[25:49] | The only evidence from Dukenfield’s body. | 从克劳德·大肯菲的尸体找到的唯一证据 |
[25:52] | That fiber may have come from something the killer was wearing. | 这纤维也许是凶手杀人时穿的衣服 |
[25:56] | Don’t you have crime labs that analyse these things? | 你不会拿到实验室去检测吗 |
[25:59] | – Yes. Yes, we do. – It’ll take them time to provide information. | 有实验室 但那需要很多时间 |
[26:04] | A similar fiber was on an earlier victim. | 在早前的死者身上 出发现一根相似的纤维 |
[26:06] | We’re waiting for the lab to determine its source. | 我们还在等实验结果 |
[26:09] | – You’d be saving us a great deal of work. | 你能帮我们省了很多工作 |
[26:11] | – Look, I’ve got my own work to do. | 我还有很多工作做 |
[26:14] | I’m not a crime fighter by trade. | 我可不是职业侦探 |
[26:21] | Mr Bruckman,… | 布鲁曼先生 |
[26:24] | ..I can’t speak for my partner, but I’m desperate. | 我不能要求我的拍档买 |
[26:28] | For some insurance. | 但我可以买一些保险 |
[26:31] | General Mutual has some very comprehensive coverage… | 通用相互公司有很多详细的方案 |
[26:48] | No, I can’t tell you where this is from,… | 不 我说不出从哪来 但… |
[26:51] | ..But the killer’s gonna kill more people before you catch him. | 凶手会在你抓住他之前杀更多的人 |
[26:56] | – Can you see him physically yet? – No. | 你看见了他的肉体吗 |
[26:59] | No, just more insight into his character, | 不 我只是更了解他的性格了 |
[27:02] | which I know you hate. | 我知道你不喜欢的 |
[27:05] | He thinks he’s psychic. | 他认为他是灵媒 |
[27:07] | – Is he? – I hope not. | 是吗 |
[27:10] | I’ve seen things he’s seen. | 希望没有 我看见他看见的东西 |
[27:12] | Like what? What does he see? | 他看见什么 |
[27:15] | You. | 你 |
[27:18] | He sees you… | 他看见你 |
[27:21] | ..Trying to catch him. | 要抓他 |
[27:24] | Where does this take place? | 在哪发生的 |
[27:27] | In a kitchen. | 在一个厨房 |
[27:29] | You’re looking around for someone. | 你正在追踪 |
[27:31] | He’s behind you now, but you don’t know it, | 他就在你身后 但你不知道 |
[27:34] | and he’s stalking towards you and… | 他向你走来… |
[27:36] | – Oh, God! – What? What do you see? | -天啊 -你看见什么了 |
[27:39] | He’s got a knife. It’s got blood on it. | 他有一把上面留着血的刀 |
[27:42] | – Why don’t I see him? What am I doing? – You’re looking down. | 我在干什么 你在向下看 |
[27:46] | You stepped in a pie that’s fallen to the floor. | 你走到一个掉在地上的馅饼旁边 |
[27:48] | The killer comes up to you and… | 杀手向你走来 |
[27:52] | – Coconut cream. – What? | -椰奶 -什么 |
[27:54] | The pie – coconut cream. Or is it lemon meringue? | 馅饼 是椰奶的 |
[27:58] | – I don’t know. I’m not sure. | 或者是柠檬蛋白酥 我不知道 |
[28:00] | It’s hazy. – Whatever. Please continue. | -我不敢确定 -继续 |
[28:04] | As you’re looking down… he comes up with the knife and… | 你向下看 他拿出刀 是香蕉奶油 |
[28:08] | Banana cream. Definitely banana cream. | 绝对是香蕉奶油 |
[28:12] | All right, I’m looking | 好 我看着这个香蕉奶油馅饼 |
[28:13] | down at this banana-cream pie and then what? | 接着发生什么 |
[28:16] | He sees himself… coming up to you from behind… | 他看见他自己从后面向你走来 |
[28:22] | And? And what does he see? | 他还看见什么了 |
[28:29] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[28:32] | The visions of a madman. | 一个狂人的幻象 |
[28:37] | You got all that from this? | 你从这个看到了那些 |
[28:39] | How am I supposed to get anything from this tiny little thing? | 我怎么能从这小东西上得到任何东西呢 |
[28:43] | This came in the mail today. | 这是今天邮寄来的 |
[28:46] | Who’s it from? | 谁寄的 |
[28:51] | The killer. | 杀手 |
[29:02] | “Like our lives, this is a mere | 给有关人员 |
[29:04] | formality to let you know I know that you know.” | 我要告诉你 我知道你知道的东西 |
[29:08] | “Can’t wait till our first meeting when I kill you, | 我等不及我们第一次见面了 到时我会杀了你 |
[29:11] | not before you explain some things.” | 但我会等你解释完一些事情 |
[29:13] | “First on the list: why in the world | 首先 我为什么会寄这封信给你呢 |
[29:15] | did I send you this letter? Sincerely, you know who.” | 真诚地 你知道是谁 |
[29:18] | say hi to the FBI agents.” | 另外 是向FBI探员打个招呼 |
[29:21] | Hi. | 你好 |
[29:22] | He must have been at the crime scenes and seen us. | 他一定在犯罪现场看见你和我们 |
[29:25] | No, this is postmarked the | 不 这封信是布鲁曼加入我们调查 |
[29:26] | day before Mr Bruckman joined our investigation. | 的前一天寄出的 |
[29:29] | You have to come with us. We gotta get you outta here. | 我们要你离开这里 和我们待在一起 |
[29:32] | Look, I’ll be dead before | 听着 无论你怎么做 我都会在你 |
[29:34] | you catch this guy no matter what you do. | 抓住这个人之前死掉 |
[29:40] | You’ve come to me because you’re searching for someone. | 你找我是因为你要找某个人 |
[29:43] | But don’t worry. This person will find you. | 别担心 这人会找到你 |
[29:46] | It’s a relative or a close friend. | 是个亲戚或好朋友 |
[29:50] | Actually, a guy I’m gonna kill. | 实际上是我要杀的一个人 |
[29:57] | Ah, yes, it’s clearer now. | 好 现在更清楚了 |
[29:59] | You seek answers from a | 你要从一个拥有特别智慧的人身上 |
[30:00] | special man who possesses a special wisdom. | 找到答案 |
[30:04] | This is real cream,… | 这是真正的奶油 |
[30:07] | ..Not the phoney stuff. I know the difference. | 这是假的 我知道这其中的区别 |
[30:11] | And the chocolate, very rich. | 里面的巧克力 很多 |
[30:13] | Look at these cute little doilies they put everything on. | 这些网眼纸垫圈多可爱 |
[30:17] | Are you sure you don’t wanna join me? | 你真的不吃 |
[30:24] | – So what are you doing? – Studying background checks. | 你干什么 检查一下发现的东西 |
[30:28] | This is what detective work is really like. | 这就是侦探要干的事情 |
[30:30] | We can’t come up with suspects by having visions. | 我们不能通过幻象来找嫌疑犯 |
[30:34] | Jealous? | 忌妒了 |
[30:35] | You’re very confused right now. | 你现在非常迷惑 |
[30:39] | Nothing seems to make sense to you. | 你对什么都没感觉 |
[30:45] | You don’t know why you do the things that you do. | 但你的迷惑 |
[30:48] | But your confusion is soon to | 会因为一个女人的到来而突然结束 |
[30:50] | come to an abrupt end with the arrival of a woman. | 一个棕色头发的女人 |
[30:54] | A blonde or a brunette. Maybe a redhead. | 又或许是红头发的 |
[30:59] | There’s something you haven’t explained. | 有些东西你还没有解释 |
[31:01] | Can you see your own end? | 你能看见自己怎么死亡吗 |
[31:05] | I see our end. | 我看见我们的死亡 |
[31:08] | We end up in bed together. | 我们一起死在床上 |
[31:11] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:14] | I shouldn’t have said that. | 我不该这样说 |
[31:15] | I don’t mean to offend you or scare you. | 我不是想吓你 |
[31:18] | Not here, not this bed. | 但不是在这张床上 |
[31:23] | I just meant I see us quite clearly… | 我清楚地看见我们 |
[31:26] | ..In bed together. | 一起躺在床上 |
[31:29] | You’re holding my hand… | 你抓住我的手 |
[31:33] | ..Very tenderly. | 非常温柔 接着 |
[31:35] | You’re looking at me with such compassion and I feel… | 你用这样的感情看着我 |
[31:41] | Tears are streaming down my face. | 我感觉到… 泪水滴在我脸上 |
[31:45] | I feel so grateful. | 我非常感激 |
[31:49] | This is just a very special moment | 那是我们永远 |
[31:52] | neither of us will ever forget. | 不会忘记的时刻 |
[31:57] | Mr Bruckman,… | 布鲁曼先生 |
[31:59] | ..There are hits and there are misses. | 有时会击中有时却击不中的 |
[32:02] | And then there are misses. | 这次击不中 |
[32:07] | I just call ’em as I see ’em. | 我只是说出我看到的东西 |
[32:12] | Wow. I’m really impressed. | 我印象很深刻 |
[32:15] | I’ve been to a lot of fortune-tellers, | 我见过很多算命的人 |
[32:18] | but by far you’re the best. | 你是最好的一个 |
[32:20] | There’s still one more card left. | 还有一张牌 |
[32:24] | This card’s not meant for me. | 这张牌不关我的事 而是你的 |
[32:26] | It’s yours. | 是你的事 |
[32:33] | So Ahab mistakes the prophecy and, as a result, dies. | 这和麦克白的命运一样 |
[32:38] | – A similar fate happens to Macbeth. | 你一点却不奇怪吗 |
[32:40] | – Still, you’re not the least bit curious? | 一定是穆德 |
[32:45] | That must be Mulder. Time for the midnight shift. | 到午夜换班了 |
[33:01] | All right. So how do I die? | 我是怎么死的 |
[33:06] | You don’t. | 你不会死 |
[33:19] | Get this, Scully. The lab | 史卡利 发现的纤维 实验室方面的初步分析 |
[33:20] | analysis from the first bit of fiber came back. | 是花边 |
[33:23] | – It’s lace. – Chantilly lace? | 尚蒂伊花边 |
[33:26] | You know what I like. | 你知道我喜欢什么 |
[33:28] | It’s not likely that the killer | 那杀手不可能 |
[33:29] | was wearing anything made out of Chantilly lace. | 穿着尚蒂伊花边的衣服杀人 |
[33:32] | – But the Big Bopper, Chantilly lace… | 大波帕 尚蒂伊花边 机率有多大 |
[33:35] | – It’s a coincidence. | 这是巧合 |
[33:37] | If they’re just coincidences, why do they feel so contrived? | 如果只是巧合 为什么觉得它们都是预谋好的 |
[33:40] | That’s one to pose to the psychic philosopher. | 拿去给先知看吧 |
[33:44] | Good night, Mulder. | 晚安 穆德 |
[33:51] | Am I keeping you awake? | 是我让你睡不觉吗 |
[33:53] | I’m waiting for you to ask me | 我在等你问我 |
[33:55] | another one of those psychic-ability questions. | 其他关于 精神能力 的问题 |
[33:58] | I’ve had dreams where I had a vision | 我曾做过一些梦 |
[34:01] | and then later on I’ve seen that vision in reality. | 结果后来梦变成了现实 |
[34:04] | And, as a psychic, have you ever had prophetic dreams like that? | 你曾经做过这种梦吗 |
[34:09] | I have only one dream. | 我只有一个梦 |
[34:12] | I dream it every night. | 每晚都梦到 |
[34:13] | You’re not one of those people who turns everything… | 你不是那类 |
[34:16] | – ..Into a sexual symbol, | 把所有东西都当作性象征的人 |
[34:17] | are you? – No. No, I’m not a Freudian, no. | 我不是佛洛依德学派的 |
[34:21] | I’m lying naked… | 我裸身躺着 |
[34:23] | in a field of red tulips. | 在郁金香花丛里 |
[34:27] | I’m not concerned with where I am or how I got there. | 我不知道我是怎么到那里的 |
[34:32] | I’m at peace. And it’s then that I realise I’m dead. | 我很平静 接着 我意识到我死了 |
[34:37] | My body begins to turn a greenish white with spots of purple. | 我的尸体变成青白色并有紫色 |
[34:42] | Next, the insects arrive. | 接着 害虫来了 |
[34:44] | The inevitable follows: putridity and liquescence. | 它们喜欢腐臭的味道 |
[34:49] | Before I know it, I’m nothing but bones. | 在我意识到之前 我已变成了一堆骨头 |
[34:52] | When I start fading to dust, I | 当我化成尘土时 |
[34:54] | lose whatever care I might have had about my clothes. | 我并不知道我的衣服到哪去了 |
[34:57] | And as I begin to feel myself slipping away towards I know not what,… | 当我开始意识到我并没有死时 |
[35:02] | ..I wake up. | 我醒了 |
[35:03] | Well, good night. | 晚安 |
[35:09] | Mulder, there’s… | 穆德 |
[35:11] | – Are you OK? – Oh, yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 我只是睡不着 |
[35:13] | I just didn’t sleep well. What’s up? | 什么事 |
[35:16] | Havez is gonna stay with Bruckman | 哈瓦兹来保护布鲁曼 |
[35:18] | while we go to a tarot reader around the corner. | 我们要去看一下角落那边的算命佬 |
[35:21] | There’s been another murder. | 又一起谋杀 |
[35:23] | I’m losing patience with our psychic. | 我已经对我们的灵媒失去了耐性 |
[35:24] | What good are his prophecies? | 如果不能阻止 |
[35:26] | They’re not preventive. | 那他的预言还有什么用 |
[35:27] | I’m starting to feel more sympathetic to him. | 我觉得越来越同情他了 |
[35:30] | – So you’re convinced he’s a psychic now? – No, not really. | 你确认他有精神力量吗 不完全是 |
[35:35] | Sorry, ma’am. | 对不起 女士 |
[35:36] | I am convinced that by thinking he | 但我确信他能看见未来 |
[35:38] | can see the future he’s taken the joy out of his life. | 他的人生失去了许多快乐 |
[35:42] | So then the priest says to the rabbi… | 牧师对兔子说… |
[35:45] | – “I had it set for quail.” – Yeah. | 我是为鹌鹑准备的 对 |
[35:49] | Hey, I thought you said you hadn’t heard that one before. | 我还以为你以前没听说 |
[35:52] | I hadn’t | 是没听过 |
[35:57] | Hey, is it true that you can see how people are gonna die? | 你真的能预见人是怎么死的 |
[36:02] | I mean, can you… | 我的意思是… |
[36:05] | ..See how I’m going to die? | 你能看见我怎么死吗 |
[36:12] | Lung cancer? | 肺癌… |
[36:17] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[36:30] | Hey, I gotta go visit your rest room for a second. | 我去一趟洗手间 |
[36:36] | Don’t open that door for anybody. | 别为任何人开门 |
[36:42] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[37:40] | Was that not enough of a tip? | 小费不够吗 |
[37:42] | They brought you right to me. Right to where I work. | 他们把你带到我工作的地方 |
[37:46] | What are the chances of that happening? | 发生的概率有多大 |
[37:48] | – Astronomical. It’s beyond believability. | 这是令人难以相信的事情 |
[37:51] | – But not impossibility. | 但不是不可能 |
[37:53] | I mean, after all, here we are. | 这不 我们见面了 |
[37:55] | It’s funny how things work out sometimes, isn’t it? | 当某时刻来临时真是有趣 对吗 |
[37:59] | I’ll say. | 我会说 |
[38:03] | So there’s something I’ve wanted to ask you for some time now. | 有些事我想问你很久了 |
[38:07] | You’ve seen the things I do in the past and in the future. | 你看见我过去和将来做的事 |
[38:10] | – They’re terrible things. – I know they are. | 都是可怕的事 |
[38:13] | So tell me, please, why have I done them? | 是的 你能告诉我为什么我要做吗 |
[38:17] | Don’t you understand yet, son? | 你还不明白吗 |
[38:20] | Don’t you get it? | 你明白吗 |
[38:25] | You do the things you do because you’re a homicidal maniac. | 你做这些事情是因为你是个杀人狂 |
[38:33] | That… That does explain a lot, | 那能解释很多事 |
[38:37] | doesn’t it? | 对吗 |
[38:40] | It’s all starting to make sense now. Huh! | 是那么回事 |
[38:47] | No. You don’t kill me now. | 不,你现在不杀我 |
[38:51] | I don’t? Why not? | -为什么 |
[38:53] | How should I know? | -我怎么知道 |
[39:05] | We’ve either got a copycat | 不是我们抓住那杀手 |
[39:07] | killer or our guy’s getting lackadaisical. | 就是我们都会累垮的 |
[39:09] | Not only did he leave the body, but he didn’t even bother to remove the eyes. | 他留下了尸体并且没有挖走眼睛 |
[39:20] | If my Miss Manners serves me right, | 如果我的礼仪课合格的话 |
[39:22] | that protrusion from his left cornea is a salad fork. | 插在他左眼上的应该是个沙拉叉 |
[39:25] | Something tells me we’re gonna get prints off it. | 上面一定有指纹 |
[39:33] | – Mulder, I’ve found another strand of silk. | 穆德 我发现了另外的纤维 |
[39:35] | – We got more than that this time. | 这儿有更多 |
[39:37] | – We got fingerprints, a footprint even. – This is more like it. | 有指纹还有脚印 |
[39:41] | No more psychics and their vague visions. | 不需要灵媒和他们模棱两可的预测 |
[39:43] | We don’t even need our own hunches. | 我们都不用去分析推理 |
[39:45] | This case is now about old-fashioned police work. | 剩下的工作由警察取证就行了 |
[39:48] | It’s the bellhop. | 是那个服务员 |
[39:51] | He’s the killer. The bellhop at the hotel. | 饭店的那个服务员是杀手 |
[39:55] | How the hell does she know that? | 她怎么知道的 |
[39:58] | Woman’s intuition. | 女人的直觉 |
[40:14] | Havez? | 哈瓦兹 |
[40:18] | Mr Bruckman? | 布鲁曼 |
[41:34] | Drop it! | 放下刀 |
[41:42] | Hey, that’s not the way it’s supposed to happen. | 不可能会发生这种事 |
[41:52] | – How did you know where to find us? – I didn’t. | -你怎么找到我们的 -我没有 |
[41:55] | – I got in the service elevator by mistake. | 我走错了电梯而已 |
[41:58] | – Thank heaven for happenstance. | 谢天谢地 |
[42:00] | None of Bruckman’s prophecy came true. | 布鲁曼的预见都没有成真 |
[42:02] | The killer didn’t get to him first, but he did kill Havez. | 杀手并没有先杀了他 而是先杀了哈瓦兹 |
[42:06] | Then Bruckman’s all right? | 布鲁曼没事吗 |
[42:08] | – Actually, I don’t know. | 不知道 我找不到他 |
[42:10] | I couldn’t find him. – Then where is he? | 那他在哪 |
[42:20] | “Miss Scully.” | 史卡利小姐 |
[42:28] | “My neighbour passed away last night.” | 我的邻居劳尔太太昨天去世了 |
[42:30] | “Please see that the remains of her remains are taken care of.” | 请保管好她留下的东西 |
[42:34] | “Would you like a dog? He is well-behaved, | 你喜欢狗吗 它训练得很好 很温顺的 |
[42:36] | regardless of his actions last night,… | 无论它昨晚的行为如何 |
[42:38] | ..Which you can’t really blame him for.” | 你不能责怪它 |
[43:22] | Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into. | 你又让我陷入困境 |
[43:25] | – Well, I couldn’t help it. | 我忍不住 |
[43:27] | – Let’s get back to Peoria where we belong. | 我们回到地狱去吧 那才是我们的地方 |
[43:45] | Do you want to know the future? | 你想知道未来吗 |
[43:47] | Do you want to know what lies ahead? | 你想知道前面发生什么事吗 |
[43:49] | Then call me, The Stupendous Yappi. | 请给我打电话 |
[43:53] | For years, I have entertained | 多年来 |
[43:55] | audiences with my psychic abilities. | 我一直用我的精神力量来娱乐观众 |
[43:58] | I have been consulted by Hollywood stars, | 好莱坞明星也来拜访我 |
[44:00] | police departments, even presidents. | 还有警察局的人 甚至总统 |
[44:03] | I can be your personal psychic consultant. | 我能帮你给出忠告 |
[44:07] | Do you want to know if you will get that promotion? | 你想知道能不能得到提升吗 |
[44:10] | Do you want to know if your marriage will be successful? | 你想知道婚姻美不美满吗 |
[44:13] | Do you want to know where you will meet your true love? | 你想知道在哪里找到真爱吗 |
[44:16] | Then call me at 1-900-555-YAPP. | 请打1-900-555 |
[44:20] | The future’s close at hand and so is your phone. | 将来就在你手里 记得打电话 |
[44:23] | So to hear tomorrow’s secrets today, just pick it up. | 要知道明天的秘密请快打电话 |
[44:27] | I know you will. I can see your future. | 我知道你会的 我能预见你的未来 |
[45:11] | I made this! | 我做的 |