时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | – That’s a little hard to believe. – Really? | 真让人难以置信 真的吗 |
[00:14] | No, I’m pretty much of a homebody. | 不 其实我平时不太出门 |
[00:17] | But all that changed. | 但现在不一样了 |
[00:20] | Just from your words, the way you saw things,… | 从你说的话 还有你对事物的见解 |
[00:24] | ..I knew I wanted to meet you. | 我会想和你见面 |
[00:28] | Well, I hope you’re not too disappointed. | 希望我没让你失望 |
[00:31] | Lauren, we have a real connection. Which is rare. | 劳伦 我们之间有种特别的联系 这很难得 |
[00:38] | Most men don’t feel that way. | 很多男人不这么认为 |
[00:40] | Most men don’t know what they’re missing. | 他们都不知道他们错过了什么 |
[00:44] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:47] | I can’t believe this. | 我不敢相信 |
[00:50] | I mean, I can’t believe that after three months… | 我是说 我不能相信我们三个月后 |
[00:53] | ..We finally meet in person and you’re… | 竟然见面了 而且你 |
[00:56] | I don’t know, I’m just really enjoying myself tonight. | 我也不知道 反正我今晚过得很开心 |
[01:01] | Oh, no! Oh! | 不 让我帮你 |
[01:08] | My sister gave it to me. For good luck, I guess. | 我姐姐送的 会带来好运 |
[01:13] | Kind of dopey, huh? I mean, a clover leaf. | 有点傻 对吗 我是说这项链 |
[01:17] | How blatant can you get? | 你觉得呢 |
[01:28] | It’s beautiful. | 真美 |
[01:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:44] | Cock-a-doodle-doo! | 公鸡打鸣了 |
[02:47] | Rise and shine in there. | 天亮了 |
[02:57] | Mother of God! | 我的天啊 |
[03:04] | Dispatch, this is car 7-3. | 总部 我是7-3号车 |
[03:06] | I got a DP out on the lakefront at Erie and Capitol… | 河边发现一具尸体 |
[04:04] | We’re not certain, but from the | 虽然不是百分之百确定,但是从 |
[04:06] | driver’s licence we suspect it’s Lauren Mackalvey. | 找到的驾照上看 她叫劳伦 马克维 |
[04:10] | – I want you to get on it. – All right, we’ll check this out. | 你去调查一下 好 我会去调查 |
[04:18] | Agent Mulder? Alan Cross, Cleveland PD. | 穆德探员 我是克里夫兰警局的阿兰 克罗斯 |
[04:20] | Thanks a lot for coming out so quickly. | 谢谢你 这么快赶过来 |
[04:23] | This is my partner, Dana Scully. | -这是我拍档史卡利 -嗨 |
[04:25] | We found the purse in the front seat of that car. | 我们在车的前座上发现了一个钱包 |
[04:28] | According to the licence, her name is Lauren Mackalvey. | 她驾驶热照上的名字是劳伦·马克维 |
[04:32] | But… we’re not sure yet that this is her body. | 但我们还不确定死者就是她 |
[04:35] | You’re not sure? | 不确定 |
[04:37] | We couldn’t make a positive ID, considering. | 无法验明身份 |
[04:43] | Wendy Sparks, our Bureau liaison, thought this would be… | 温蒂 她是我们局的联络官 |
[04:47] | ..Closer to your area of expertise. | 她觉得这个案子属于你们擅长的领域 |
[04:50] | Any indication as to the cause of death? | 找到死因了吗 |
[04:53] | We were just lucky to get her | 我们刚刚把她的尸体放进袋子 |
[04:54] | into the bag without her body falling apart. | 很幸运 她的尸体还很完整 |
[04:57] | This substance. Did you find it anywhere else in the car? | 这种液体你在车里还有发现吗 |
[05:02] | – On the carpet or the upholstery? – As a matter of fact, no. | 脚垫或椅套上有吗 事实上 没有 |
[05:06] | So, it was only on the victim’s body? | 所以那是尸体身上的了 |
[05:09] | That’s what it looks like. | 好像是这样 |
[05:13] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[05:16] | – Do you have an idea what happened here? – No. Not yet. | 你知道怎么会这样吗 还不知道 |
[05:21] | We’ll call you when we find anything else concrete. | 如果找到其他具体的东西 我们会打给你 |
[05:25] | – Detective? – Yeah, sure. Call me. | 好吗 好的 有事再联系 |
[05:44] | Mulder, what do you think it is? | 穆德 你怎么看 |
[05:47] | A couple of months ago | 几个月前 |
[05:48] | a case came my way from the Mississippi office. | 密西西比也发生了一件案子 |
[05:51] | Four Aberdeen women had disappeared within a month. | 阿博登市有四个女人在一个月内相继失踪 |
[05:54] | – Disappeared? – Only one victim was found,… | -失踪 -只找到一个受害者 |
[05:56] | ..But her body was too decomposed to perform a viable autopsy. | 但她的尸体已经高度腐烂 不能进行解剖 |
[05:59] | – What we just saw was not decomposition. – I know. | -我们刚才见的并不是腐烂 -我知道 |
[06:03] | I want you to run this by the coroner. | 请你找验尸官做尸检吧 |
[06:05] | What about you? Where are you going? | 那你呢 你要去哪里 |
[06:07] | I’m gonna try to find out if Lauren Mackalvey was a lonely heart. | 我去查一下劳伦是不是单身 |
[06:10] | All the Aberdeen victims | 那四个受害女人 |
[06:12] | had answered personal ads in the local papers. | 都在当地报纸登过征婚广告 |
[06:14] | If this is the same killer, he’s just getting started. | 如果是同一个凶手 那他才刚开始呢 |
[07:04] | 这我很清楚 我也曾有几次这样 但你不能永远躲在电脑后面 | |
[07:31] | Yes, what is it? | 什么事 |
[07:34] | The handyman replaced the locks on the storage closets and… | 勤杂工换了储藏室的锁 |
[07:37] | ..I wanted to bring by your new key. | 我给你拿来了新钥匙 |
[07:46] | I know what you do, Mr Incanto. | 我知道你是干什么的 因肯特先生 |
[07:50] | What is it you think that I do? | 你觉得我是干什么的呢 |
[07:52] | Well, your typing | 你会打字 |
[07:54] | and those packages from publishers in New York. | 从纽约出版商寄给你的东西来看 |
[07:56] | You’re a novelist, right? Or an editor? | 你是作家或者编辑 对吗 |
[08:00] | You see, I’m a writer too. | 你瞧 我也是作家 |
[08:03] | What a coincidence. | 真巧 |
[08:06] | Shouldn’t you be off writing or something? | 你是不是要去写什么东西了 |
[08:09] | I don’t mean to impose. | 我无意冒犯 |
[08:10] | But would you mind reading something of mine? | 但是你愿意看一下我写的东西吗 |
[08:13] | It won’t take much time. They’re poems. | 不会花多长时间的 是些诗 |
[08:17] | Certainly. | 好的 |
[08:21] | Good bye. | 再见 |
[08:33] | – Oh, it’s you. – That’s not a problem, is it? | 是你 那不是问题 对吗 |
[08:37] | No. It’s just that Dr Kramer | 当然 只是克拉莫先生 |
[08:39] | didn’t tell me that you were observing the autopsy. | 没说你会来观察尸检 |
[08:42] | I’m not observing. I’m performing it myself. | 我不是来观察的 是来动手的 |
[08:46] | – You’re a medical doctor? – You sound surprised. | 你是医生 你好像很惊讶 |
[08:51] | I don’t know. I guess maybe I am. | 我不知道 也许吧 |
[08:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:56] | It’s nothing personal, Agent Scully. | 我不是针对你 史卡利探员 |
[08:58] | I’m just… old-fashioned in certain regards. | 我只是在某些方面有点古板 |
[09:02] | – Old-fashioned? – The truth is,… | 古板 事实上 |
[09:05] | ..I question the wisdom of assigning | 让女警官 |
[09:08] | female law-enforcement officers to certain cases. | 来处理某些案件我会担心 |
[09:11] | Like this one? | 像这一个吗 |
[09:13] | Whoever killed Lauren | 杀害劳伦的凶手目标 |
[09:15] | Mackalvey has a definite attitude toward women. | 明显是针对女性的 |
[09:17] | So it has to affect your judgment. | 这会影响你的判断 |
[09:20] | I appreciate your concern, Detective. But it’s not necessary. | 多谢你的关心 但这不是问题 |
[09:25] | All I wanna do is solve this case. Just like you. | 我和你一样只是想解决这个案子 |
[09:29] | Look, I’m not being sexist here. I’m just being honest. | 我并不是性别歧视 只是实话实说 |
[09:34] | Where would you like the autopsy report sent? | 你要将尸检报告发送到哪里 |
[09:37] | You can fax it to my office. | 你可以传真到我办公室 |
[09:53] | The date is August 29th,… | 日期 8月29日 |
[09:55] | ..The time is 4.15 p.M. | 下午4时15分 |
[09:57] | The subject’s name is Lauren Mackalvey. | 死者名叫劳伦 麦克维 |
[10:00] | Caucasian, female. | 白人女性 |
[10:03] | Approximate time of death uncertain,… | 死亡时间不确定 |
[10:05] | ..Cause of death unknown. | 死因亦不确定 |
[10:35] | It just doesn’t make sense. | 让人想不通 |
[10:38] | He seemed so… nice. | 他好像应该很好 |
[10:41] | I thought you never met the man Lauren was with. | 你不是从来没见过和劳伦约会的男人吗 |
[10:44] | I never did. He just seemed nice on the computer. | 我是没见过 只是他在网络上看起来很好 |
[10:48] | Oh, they met through an on-line service? | 他们是网上认识的 |
[10:50] | In one of those chat rooms. | 在聊天室里 |
[10:52] | You know, where people get | 就是人们 |
[10:54] | together to talk about… whatever they’re into. | 随心所欲谈天说地的地方 |
[10:57] | Do you remember what chat room Lauren was in when she met him? | 你记得劳伦是在哪个聊天室碰见他的吗 |
[11:00] | “Big and beautiful.” She had… kind of a weight problem. | 丰满漂亮 她偏胖 |
[11:06] | But ZShy didn’t seem to care. It wasn’t about sex with him. | 但”2Shy”似乎并不介意 他要的不是性 |
[11:10] | – ZShy? – That was his on-line name. | “2Shy” 是他的网名 |
[11:14] | Lauren used to… | 劳伦经常…. |
[11:17] | ..Read me his letters. | 把他的信读给我听 |
[11:20] | They were amazing. He knew exactly what to say. | 写得很棒 他知道如何取悦于人 |
[11:29] | Sure as hell fooled me. | 我真的被愚弄了 |
[11:32] | She read you his letters. | 她读给你听的信 |
[11:33] | Do you think that she kept any hard copies of ’em? | 你觉得她会备份吗 |
[11:36] | Actually,… | 实际上 |
[11:39] | ..I saved them myself. | 我有存档 |
[11:43] | I can get them for you. | 如果你要 我拿给你 |
[11:44] | Yes. Can I use your phone? | 好的 能用下你的电话吗 |
[11:46] | It’s right over there. | 可以 就在那儿 |
[11:55] | – Scully. – Listen, Scully. | 我是史卡利 听着 史卡利 |
[11:57] | Our killer may have moved from the personals to the Internet. | 凶手可能已转移目标到网络上去了 |
[12:00] | I’m gonna send a localised on-line warning. | 我要在网上发布警告 |
[12:02] | How do you know it’s the same guy? | 你怎么知道会是同一个人呢 |
[12:04] | He opened the account with an Aberdeen victim’s credit card. | 因为他用了一个阿博登死者的信用卡开了账号 |
[12:07] | I just called the on-Iine service. | 我刚和网络服务商联系过 |
[12:09] | Meet me in the coroner’s office as soon as you can. | 穆德 尽快到法医办公室来 |
[12:13] | Why? Did you find anything in the autopsy? | 发现什么吗 |
[12:14] | There’s not going to be an autopsy. | 不必进行尸检了 |
[12:19] | It’s a metacarpal from Lauren Mackalvey’s hand. | 这是劳伦的手骨 |
[12:22] | In life, bones have the tensile strength of iron. | 活着时手骨很有张力 |
[12:25] | Even in death they remain strong. But look at this. | 即使死了也很强壮 但你看 |
[12:32] | – What did this turn out to be? – It’s organic. | 这是什么 是有机物 |
[12:34] | Mostly hydrochloric acid, | 大部分是盐酸 |
[12:36] | similar to what is secreted by the gastric mucosa. | 类似于胃粘膜分泌物 |
[12:38] | It’s similar to stomach acid? | 类似于胃酸吗 |
[12:40] | Almost identical, only twice as acidic. | 浓度是胃酸的两倍 |
[12:43] | I also found trace amounts of pepsin, | 还发现微量的胃蛋白酶 |
[12:45] | which is a digestive enzyme. | 这是一种消化酶素 |
[12:47] | So you’re saying that this did that? | 难道是这东西造成的 |
[12:51] | I don’t know how else to explain such accelerated autolysis. | 我不知道怎么解释尸体这么快速分解 |
[12:55] | OK, what’s in here should contain | 好吧 在这里 史卡利 理论上应该包含 |
[12:57] | the same cellular components as her various tissues. | 与她组织相同的细胞 对吗 |
[13:01] | – Skin, muscle, blood. – In some broken-down form, yes. | 比如皮肤 肌肉 血 是的 但都分解了 |
[13:04] | In your chemical analysis results, was anything missing? | 通过你的化学分折 发现遗漏什么东西吗 |
[13:07] | – Missing? – Yeah. | -遗漏 -是的 |
[13:09] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[13:15] | All the body tissues were accounted for. | 所有的身体组织都考虑了 |
[13:17] | Well, except there were extremely low, | 除了有含量非常低的 |
[13:20] | almost trace amounts of adipose. | 几乎是微量的 |
[13:21] | Fatty tissue. | 脂肪组织 |
[13:24] | That’d explain the weight discrepancy. | 那可以解释重量不符的原因 |
[13:26] | What weight discrepancy? | 什么重量不符 |
[13:27] | The ME recorded Lauren’s weight at 122. | 验尸报告说劳伦的体重122磅 |
[13:30] | But her driver’s licence had her at 165. | 但驾驶执照上她的体重是165磅 |
[13:33] | She probably lost weight since the licence was issued. | 或许她在发驾照后减肥了 |
[13:36] | Her roommate said she was nervous about the meeting… | 劳伦的室友说她与这男人约会时很紧张 |
[13:39] | ..Because she’d put on some weight recently. | 因为她的体重最近又增加了 |
[13:43] | What possible motivation could the | 杀手到底是为了什么 |
[13:45] | killer have for removing his victim’s fatty tissue? | 要取走受害人的脂肪呢 |
[13:48] | Who do you think we’re dealing with here? | 我的意思是我们要对付的到底是什么样的凶手 |
[13:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:54] | God, I look awful. | 上帝 我看起来真糟糕 |
[13:56] | Please tell me it’s the mirror. | 请告诉我这是镜子的错 |
[13:58] | Ellen, this wasn’t some public-service announcement. | 艾伦 这不是公益广告 |
[14:02] | It was an on-line warning by the FBI aimed | 这是FBI针对 |
[14:04] | specifically at women in Cleveland. | 克里夫兰女性的在线警告 |
[14:07] | Give me some credit, will ya, Jo? | 请相信我 琼 |
[14:09] | I happen to be a pretty good judge of character. | 我其实很善于看人的 |
[14:12] | – I’m not trying to freak you out or anything. – No? | 我并不是故意想吓唬你 不是吗 |
[14:15] | Well, you’re doing a pretty good job of it. | 但你正在这么做 |
[14:18] | I just think you should be careful, that’s all. | 我只是觉得你应该小心点 仅此而已 |
[14:21] | Do you think this is easy for me? | 你认为这对我容易吗 |
[14:24] | I finally connect with someone I like who seems to like me. | 我终于找到了双方都有感觉的人了 |
[14:28] | I’m scared enough to meet him without | 就算你不告诉我说他是杀人狂 |
[14:29] | you telling me he’s Charles Manson. | 我对我们的第一次见面也够紧张的了 |
[14:32] | I didn’t say that. | 我没那么说 |
[14:34] | Besides, it’s not like he’s some stranger. | 而且他并不陌生 |
[14:38] | I’ve been chatting with him every day for over a month. | 我已经和他聊了一个月了 |
[14:41] | I know. And he’s probably as great as he sounds. | 我知道,他似乎跟听起来的一样好 |
[14:46] | But what if he isn’t? | 但万一不是呢 |
[15:26] | Check it out! Want a little chocolate tonight? | 看看 今晚想要巧克力吗 |
[15:34] | Hey, baby. Right here! | 嘿 宝贝 看这里 |
[15:40] | Come on, now. | 过来 快 |
[16:00] | Down here! We got what you need over here. | 到这儿来 我们这里有你想要的东西 |
[16:04] | Ooh, yeah. Uh-huh! | 哦 是的 |
[16:07] | – See something you like? – Do you want some? | 有你喜欢的什么东西吗 你想要吗 |
[16:10] | – I think he has the hots for you, baby. – I think so. | 他迷恋你 宝贝 我想是的 |
[16:24] | What do you like, baby? | 你喜欢什么 宝贝 |
[16:26] | Uh-uh. No kissin’. | 不不 不要接吻 |
[16:29] | Anything else you want is fine. But no kissin’. | 其他都可以 就是不能接吻 |
[16:39] | What are you doin’? | 你干什么 |
[16:51] | There’s a place we can go near here. | 附近有个好地方可以去 |
[16:53] | – Nice and cosy. – OK. | 漂亮又舒适 好的 |
[17:17] | Uh-uh. Forget this! | 算了 我走了 |
[17:21] | Oh, my God! | 哦 天啊 |
[17:29] | Make sure you get statements from all of them. | 一定要确保取得每个人的供词 |
[17:34] | Holly McClaine. She’s | 她叫做荷里·麦克卡伦 |
[17:35] | worked this area for a couple of years now,… | 在这地区混好几年了 |
[17:38] | ..But she wasn’t most johns’ first pick, if you know what I mean. | 但她不太受男人欢迎 明白我的意思吧 |
[17:42] | – What happened? – Well, it looks like our guy again. | 发生什么事了 看来像我们要找的家伙干的 |
[17:45] | – One of the girls found her. – The airways are blocked… | 是另外一个女人发现的 呼吸道被堵塞 |
[17:48] | ..with what appears to | 我们在她身上发现了似乎是 |
[17:50] | be the same viscous acid we found on Lauren. | 与劳伦·马克维身上相同的盐酸 |
[17:53] | You know what this stuff is? | 知道这是什么东西吗 |
[17:58] | This is still my case. | 这还是我的案子 |
[18:00] | He’s a serial murderer who’s using an on-line service | 凶手是个利用网络 |
[18:01] | to attract his victims. | 吸引受害者的杀人狂 |
[18:04] | All single women looking for Mr Right. | 单身女性都在寻找新好男人 |
[18:06] | That doesn’t jibe with a $20 hooker. | 街上的妓女不归于此类吧 |
[18:08] | No. Something must have gone wrong last night. | 不 昨晚一定出了什么事 |
[18:11] | He was forced to improvise. | 他被迫临时改变了目标 |
[18:13] | So it’s a guy without a consistent MO. | 这家伙没有固定的作案模式 |
[18:15] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[18:17] | These are letters he e-mailed to Lauren Mackalvey. | 这些是他给劳伦的电子邮件 |
[18:20] | They contain lines from a handful of sixteenth-century Italian poems. | 里面包含一些十六世纪的意大利诗句 |
[18:24] | So he has a copy of Bartlett’s Quotations. So what? | 他引用了巴特利的诗 那又说明什么呢 |
[18:27] | You won’t find these in Bartlett’s. | 这些不是巴特利的诗 |
[18:29] | I’m not sure I follow you. | 我不太懂你的意思 |
[18:30] | Look at this. Ginaselli’s La Vita Nuova, | 看看这些 |
[18:32] | Castionni’s Il Cortigiano,a few I won’t try to pronounce. | 还有一些我拼不出的发音 |
[18:37] | These are from obscure texts from private libraries | 这些晦涩难懂的文字 |
[18:40] | that only lend to academic affiliates. | 只有向学术机构开放的图书馆中才有 |
[18:42] | You’re saying our suspect’s a professor? | 你是说嫌疑犯是大学教授 |
[18:45] | Or a graduate student, maybe a translator. | 或者是一个研究生 也可能是翻译之类的 |
[18:47] | We need to compile a list of | 我们得查出克利夫兰地区所有 |
[18:49] | everybody in Cleveland who has these credentials. | 具有此类资格的人员 |
[18:51] | – Can you do that? – Yeah. I’ll get right on it. | 你能办到吗 当然 我马上就办 |
[18:54] | Here’s something else that might help. | 这里还有点线索可能有帮助. |
[18:58] | The killer should have an identifiable wound pattern from this. | 从这里看凶手身上应该有一个明显的抓痕 |
[19:02] | Looks like she took her pound of flesh, huh? | 看上去她瘦了几磅吧 |
[19:33] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[19:34] | I got a package for Incanto from Stracher Publishing. | 我有一个Stratcher出版社给因肯特的包裹 |
[19:39] | – Leave it. – Sorry. I gotta get a signature. | 放在门口吧 对不起 要签名的 |
[20:07] | Hello, Mr Incanto. | 你好 因肯特先生 |
[20:12] | Good afternoon, Jesse. | 下午好 杰茜 |
[20:13] | Jesse,did you find those drop cloths yet? | 杰茜 你找到那些衣服了吗 |
[20:16] | Oh, Mr Incanto, I didn’t know you were out here. | 因肯特先生 我不知道你在这里 |
[20:18] | I’m just picking up a package. | 我刚巧去取包裹 |
[20:20] | Jesse, did you know that Mr Incanto’s a writer? | 杰茜 你知道因肯特是作家吗 |
[20:23] | I know, Mom. You told me a thousand times. | 我知道 妈妈 你跟我说过很多次了 |
[20:27] | I’m putting those poems together. | 我正在整理那些诗 |
[20:29] | If you don’t mind, I’d like to drop them by sometime. | 如果你不介意 有空我拿给你看 |
[20:32] | Just slip it under my door. | 从我门下面塞进来就行了 |
[20:34] | After you’ve read them, can I take you to dinner somewhere? | 你读完后 我能约你吃晚饭吗 |
[20:38] | – Gimme a break. – Actually, I’m busy. I have a deadline. | 肉麻 我很忙 要赶着结稿 |
[20:42] | – Oh, I don’t believe this. – Excuse me! | 我才不信 对不起 |
[20:48] | I wish you weren’t always so rude to him. | 我希望你不要对他这么粗鲁 |
[20:51] | I don’t care. He creeps me out. | 我不管 他吓着我了 |
[20:53] | Plus he smells gross. Like he uses dish soap for aftershave. | 他好臭 就像拿猪油皂当香水似的 |
[20:57] | Ohh! | 哦 |
[21:00] | OK. There you go. Thanks. | 好了 给你 谢谢 |
[21:14] | OK. Blaine just gave me the list from the university. | 布莱恩给我了大学的名单 |
[21:19] | How’s it going? | 进展如何 |
[21:22] | Good. We’ve expanded the search to | 非常好 我们正要扩大搜索范围 |
[21:23] | include the faculty rosters from the local community colleges. | 包括当地社区学院的教职员名单 |
[21:26] | Oh. | 哦 |
[21:28] | – Excuse me. – Sure. | 对不起 没关系 |
[21:30] | I’ll let you know what we turn up. | 有结果我会通知你 |
[21:33] | – Find anything? – We’re almost done with the list. | 有线索吗 名单我们快完成了 |
[21:36] | That skin under the fingernails? | 你发现的那些受害者指尖里的皮屑 |
[21:38] | The lab checked the DNA | 我已经做一个DNA的测试 |
[21:39] | results against the “Known offenders” Database. | 对比一下已知罪犯的数据库 |
[21:42] | And? | 结果呢 |
[21:47] | – They didn’t find a match. – They did find something else. | 找不到相符的 但找到了别的东西 |
[21:50] | Check the next page where it’s circled. | 看下一页 被圈起来的 |
[21:53] | “The skin sample contains no oils or essential fatty acid.” | 皮肤样本中不包含油脂或脂肪酸 |
[21:56] | Any number of factors could cause that result. | 有许多种因素可能造成这种结果 |
[21:59] | Where are you going with this? | 现在该怎么办 |
[22:01] | OK, it’s not yet the finely detailed | 好 我还没有天马行空的探讨 |
[22:03] | insanity you expect from me. It’s just a theory. | 只是个推测 |
[22:05] | But what if this isn’t a psychotic impulse, | 但是如果他这样做 不是源自心理动机 |
[22:08] | but rather some physical hunger? | 而是基于某种生理需求呢 |
[22:10] | Maybe he needs to replenish this chemical deficiency to survive. | 也许他需要得到肌体里缺少的化学物质 |
[22:14] | From a dry skin sample, | 从这个干了的皮肤标本 |
[22:15] | you’re concluding that he’s a fat-sucking vampire? | 你能得出什么 他是个吸脂鬼 |
[22:18] | How else can you explain Mackalvey’s missing adipose? | 不然怎么解释劳伦·马克维丢失的脂肪 |
[22:21] | I bet the Aberdeen victims would show the same thing. | 我打赌那些阿博登受害者也是这种情形 |
[22:24] | This killer secretes a | 这个杀手分泌出一种物质 |
[22:25] | substance which renders the victim’s fat… | 溶解受害者的脂肪 |
[22:28] | Which he ingests before the rest of the body dissolves entirely. | 在身体的其余部分完全溶解之前让他吸收脂肪 |
[22:32] | There are examples in nature, aren’t there? | 在自然界里有这样的生物存在吗 |
[22:34] | Yeah, scorpions pre-digest their food outside of their body | 有 蝎子通过分泌毒液在体外对猎物进行分解 |
[22:38] | by regurgitating onto their prey. | 提前消化他们的食物 |
[22:40] | But I don’t know too many scorpions who surf the Internet. | 但我真没想过蝎子也经常上网 |
[22:43] | If I’m right, we’re not just looking for a serial murderer,… | 如果我是对的 我们面对的不仅是连环杀手 |
[22:46] | We’re looking for some kind of genetically-different human being, | 我们在寻找某种基因突变的人 |
[22:49] | a creature who may be responsible for who knows how many missing persons… | 一种应该为全国失踪人口 |
[22:52] | throughout the United States. | 负责的异类 |
[22:54] | I’ve combed every faculty list | 我们整理了克利夫兰所有的教职员名单 |
[22:56] | and academic journal in Cleveland. Came up with 38 names. | 和学术杂志 一共找到38个人 |
[22:58] | I figured we’d divvy up the list, | 我认为我们应该沿着这份名单继续调查下去 |
[22:59] | and I’d get the captain to put more people on it. | 我会让队长多派些人手 |
[23:01] | I’d like to brief them, if that’s OK with you. | 如果你同意我想和他们简单谈谈 |
[23:08] | Sure. | 好的 |
[23:29] | You have mail. | 你有邮件 |
[24:01] | Mr Brenman? I’m Special Agent Scully from the FBI. | 布鲁曼先生 我是F.B.I.的史卡利探员 |
[24:06] | Would you mind if I ask you some questions? | 我能问你一些问题吗 |
[24:14] | Thanks. I’m sorry to bother you. | 谢谢 很抱歉打扰你 |
[24:19] | I’d like to ask you a few questions. | 我想问你一些问题 |
[24:23] | Sure. | 可以 |
[24:34] | These are all university addresses. | 这些是大学地址 |
[24:35] | Chances are he spent most of the morning on campus. | 他早晨大部分时间应该都在学校 |
[24:40] | Scully? | 史卡利 |
[24:42] | I’m not much of a salesman. I knocked on more doors than… | 我没有找到什么好的线索 |
[24:45] | Cross hasn’t checked in yet. | 我敲了很多门 克罗斯没有回来 |
[24:47] | We’ve tried his cellphone, but there’s no answer. | 我们打过他的手机 但没人接 |
[24:55] | – I’m treating you. – No, I insist. | 我请客 不 我来 |
[24:58] | After the way I stood you up, I’m the one who should insist. | 是我放你鸽子了 所以应该我来请客 |
[25:01] | Please. | 拜托 |
[25:14] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have… | 对不起 我不该 |
[25:16] | It’s eczema. I’ve had it since I was a kid. | 这是一种湿疹 我小时候就有了 |
[25:23] | You know, I still feel so stupid about the other night. | 我为那天晚上的愚蠢行为感到抱歉 |
[25:27] | Ellen, you don’t have to make any excuses. | 爱伦 你不必自责 |
[25:30] | Whatever reasons you had, I’m sure they were good ones. | 无论你有什么理由 我都不会介意 |
[25:33] | You were right, though. About me being afraid? | 你说得对 我其实是有点害怕 |
[25:38] | It’s a pretty hard habit to break. | 这是很难改掉的习惯 |
[25:39] | You’re not still afraid, are you? | 你不害怕了 对吗 |
[25:43] | – No, I’m not. – Good. | 是的 好 |
[25:50] | Unfortunately, I have to get going. | 我要走了 |
[25:51] | The last crosstown bus leaves in 15 minutes. | 末班车15分钟后就要开出了 |
[25:54] | You’re taking the bus home? | 你搭公车回家 |
[25:56] | My car’s in the shop. I’ll call you. | 我的车还在修 我会联系你的 |
[25:58] | Don’t be silly. I’ll drive you. | 别傻了 我送你 |
[26:00] | Ellen, you don’t have to do that. | 爱伦 不必了 |
[26:02] | I’m driving you home. | 我开车送你回家 |
[26:20] | Mr Incanto? | 因肯特先生 |
[26:49] | So how long have you lived here? | 你住在这多久了 |
[26:53] | Not very long. | 不太久 |
[26:54] | I only live a few blocks away, near St Mark’s. | 我本来住在离这几个街区远 圣马克的附近 |
[26:57] | Until some developer decided to turn it into condos. | 直到一些开发商决定把它改建成公寓 |
[27:00] | You can still see the steeple. | 你仍然可以看到尖塔 |
[27:03] | Ellen, you don’t have to be nervous. | 艾伦 不必紧张 |
[27:08] | I’m not very good at this. | 我还不是很习惯这样 |
[27:10] | It’s been a long time since I’ve been in this type of situation. | 我已经很久没这样过了 |
[27:16] | It’s OK. | 没事的 |
[27:49] | Why don’t you come up with me? | 为什么不和我一起上去 |
[27:51] | I’ll read you that poem I told you about. “I casoni” | 我会读些诗给你听 |
[27:57] | I don’t know. It’s kinda late. | 我想太晚了 |
[28:00] | Well, I don’t wanna say good night just yet. Do you? | 我还舍不得和你说晚安 你呢 |
[28:12] | You know what? You’re right. It’s late. | 我想你是对的 |
[28:15] | I have a lot of work I have to do. Excuse me. | 天太晚了 我还有很多工作 对不起 |
[29:08] | Mr Incanto? | 因肯特先 |
[29:20] | Mr Incanto? | 生 |
[29:25] | – What is it, Jesse? – Do you know where my mom is? | 什么事 杰茜 你知道我妈妈去哪了吗 |
[29:29] | Your mother? No. | 你妈妈 不知道 |
[29:31] | She takes a class down at St Frank’s tonight. A poetry class. | 她今天晚上参加弗朗克先生的作诗班 |
[29:35] | And… she was supposed to be home over an hour ago. | 一小时前就应该回家了 |
[29:40] | I’m sure she’ll be home soon. | 她一定很快就会回来了 |
[29:48] | She didn’t stop by to say hi or anything? | 她没过来和你打招呼吗 |
[29:51] | No. Not tonight. | 今晚没有 |
[29:54] | Ok. | 谢谢 |
[29:57] | Thanks. She’ll probably be home soon. | 她也许很快就会回家了 |
[30:10] | I’m going to New York for a few days on business. | 我要去纽约办几天事 |
[30:18] | Don’t worry about your mother. | 别担心你妈妈 |
[30:22] | I’m sure she’ll be fine. | 我想她会没事的 |
[30:33] | Yes, ma’am, a police detective. His name’s Cross. | 克利夫兰警局 他叫克洛斯 |
[30:39] | That’s right, he would have been by sometime this afternoon. | 对 他今天下午来过这里 |
[30:43] | Sometime this morning. Do you remember what time specifically? | 应该是早上 你知道准确时间吗 |
[30:48] | Could you describe him | 可以描述一下他的特征吗 |
[30:49] | to me for verification? Excuse me a minute. | 请原谅我失陪一下 |
[30:52] | – Did you find him? – We just got a 911. | 找到他了吗 我们刚刚接到911 |
[30:54] | A possible homicide from a young | 一个年轻女孩报告了一起可能的谋杀案 |
[30:56] | girl at one of the addresses on Cross’s list. | 地点是在克洛斯名单上的一个地址 |
[31:01] | Police! | 警察 |
[31:12] | We got two in here! | 两个到这儿来 |
[31:16] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[31:18] | The landlady’s body. We found her in the bathroom. | 我们在浴室找到房东太太的尸体 |
[31:22] | What about Cross? | 克洛斯呢 |
[31:25] | I know this is hard to talk about right now. | 我知道现在不应该讨论这个 |
[31:28] | But I need you to tell me exactly what happened. | 但请你告诉我到底发生了什么 |
[31:33] | I smelled her perfume. | 我闻到了她的香水味 |
[31:35] | Your mother’s perfume? | 你妈妈的香水 |
[31:40] | That’s when I knew he was lying. | 那时我就知道他在撒谎 |
[31:42] | She was wearing her perfume when she left for her class. | 她去上课前擦了香水. |
[31:46] | And you smelled it in his apartment? | 你在他的房间里闻到的 |
[31:50] | I… I was scared that he’d hurt me. | 我很怕他会伤害我 |
[31:54] | I could tell he wanted to. | 我知道他会 |
[31:57] | – And when he grabbed me… – He grabbed you? | 他想抓住我 抓住你 |
[32:01] | After I bumped into the suitcase. He grabbed me pretty hard. | 在我撞到箱子时候 他用力地抓住我 |
[32:07] | – What suitcase? – It was next to the door. | 什么箱子 他放在门边上的那个 |
[32:12] | He said he was going away on business or something. | 他说要出去办事 |
[32:17] | Did he say where? | 他说要去哪儿了吗 |
[32:22] | New York. | 纽约 |
[32:27] | OK, Jesse. That helps us. | 杰茜 你帮了我们很多 |
[32:30] | I’m gonna take a couple of minutes and go talk to Agent Mulder. | 我要和穆德探员谈一下 |
[32:34] | Mrs Shepherd is right here. | 谢泼德太太在这里 |
[32:37] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[32:40] | – Agent Scully? – Yeah. | 史卡利探员 是的 |
[32:43] | Why would someone do this? | 为什么有人会这样做 |
[32:47] | I don’t know, Jesse. | 我也不知道 杰西 |
[32:57] | The composite artist made this sketch from a description. | 速写员根据邻居的描述画出了这个肖像 |
[32:59] | His name is Virgil Incanto. | 他叫因肯特 |
[33:02] | According to his rental agreement. | 租房时是这么写的 |
[33:04] | But there’s no other record that the guy exists. | 但除此之外 没有记录显示这个男人存在 |
[33:06] | There’s no DMV, no birth certificate, | 没有车牌 出生证明也没有 |
[33:08] | no Social Security, not even a bank account. | 没有社会保障 甚至没有一个银行账户 |
[33:11] | Employment records? | 工作记录呢 |
[33:15] | His publisher pays him in cashier’s cheques. | 出版商给他开支票 |
[33:17] | He told the girl he was on his way to New York. | 他告诉女孩说他要去纽约 |
[33:20] | I’ll check flight schedules and have the airport issue an APB. | 我去查航班并且向机场发出通缉 |
[33:26] | – What is it? – He’s not goin’ to New York, Scully. | 怎么了 他现在不会去纽约的 史卡利 |
[33:30] | Not now. | 现在不会 |
[33:32] | He’s smarter than that. He knows how to survive, you know? | 他聪明的很 他知道怎么逃命 你知道吗 |
[33:36] | Well, how are we gonna track him? | 我们怎么找到他 |
[33:39] | He made contact with each of his victims, right? | 他和每个受害者都有联系 对吗 |
[33:41] | – Yeah. – That means they’re all in here somewhere. | 是的 这意味着他们都在这里 |
[33:44] | Each one of ’em. Past, present and future. | 每一个人 过去 现在和未来 |
[33:55] | – All files have been deleted. – Any chance of resurrecting them? | 所有文件都被删除了 能不能修复它们 |
[33:59] | It’s hard to say. He deliberately reformatted his hard drive. | 很难说 他格式化了硬盘 |
[34:03] | This guy didn’t want anyone looking at his stuff. | 这家伙不想让别人看他的东西 |
[34:15] | The good news is… I can restore the erased files. | 好消息是 我能恢复被删除的文件 |
[34:19] | And the bad news? | 坏消息呢 |
[34:21] | These files are all password protected and encrypted. | 所有文件都被加密了 |
[34:24] | – It could take some time. – We don’t have much time. | 需要一点时间 我们没有太多时间 |
[34:28] | It’ll take as long as it takes. | 我也没办法 |
[34:35] | Joanne? | 琼 |
[34:39] | Is that you? | 是你吗 |
[34:42] | Joanne? | 琼 |
[34:43] | – Who is it? – Ellen, it’s me. | 是谁 爱伦 是我 |
[34:48] | – It’s late. – I know. | -太晚了 -我知道 |
[34:50] | And I’d like not to wake your neighbours. | 我不想吵醒你的邻居 |
[34:58] | Can we talk about what happened tonight? | 可以谈谈今晚发生的事吗 |
[35:00] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 没什么好谈的 |
[35:02] | – You made it clear what you wanted. – You don’t understand. | 你已经说得很清楚了 -不 你不明白 |
[35:05] | – I think I do. – Look, Ellen. | 我清楚 爱伦 |
[35:08] | I gave you a second chance | 我给了你第二交见面的机会… |
[35:09] | after you made me wait in that restaurant. | 在那家餐馆你让我等了两个小时 |
[35:12] | Give me the same courtesy, please. | 请你也再给我一次机会吧 |
[35:14] | And then if you want me to go, I’ll go. | 到时如果你还要我走 那我就走 |
[35:18] | Only… let’s not do it out here. | 我们别隔着门谈 |
[35:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:40] | You want some coffee? I can make some. | 要咖啡吗 我可以帮你倒一些 |
[35:44] | Yeah. I’d like that. | 好的 |
[36:06] | They’re coming up empty at the airport. | 你说得对 穆德 机场没人 |
[36:08] | So I’m releasing the sketch to the media. | 我要向媒体发布信息 |
[36:11] | We can still make the morning papers. | 我们还赶得及明天报纸 |
[36:13] | That may not be necessary. | 没必要 |
[36:17] | – “Friend”? – Lauren’s on-line name. | “朋友” 那是马克维的网名 |
[36:19] | These are all his victims. A regular grocery list. | 这些是他的受害者名字 这是菜市场的名单 |
[36:23] | We need this scanned and sent to everyone on that list. | 我们要把肖像发送给名单上所有人 |
[36:27] | – Done. – I’m gonna call the on-line service… | 好了 我要叫网络服务中心 |
[36:30] | ..And have them fax us the telephone numbers of all those women. | 把这些妇女的电话号码都传真给我们 |
[36:40] | Machine’ll pick up. | 自动答录机会接 |
[36:43] | Milk? I only have non-fat. | 要牛奶吗 -我只有脱脂牛奶 |
[36:46] | No, no, no. This is fine. | 不用了 这样可以了 |
[36:49] | Give me a minute, will you? I’ll put on some clothes. | 等一会好吗 我要穿件衣服 |
[36:53] | – Ellen, you don’t have to do that. – I want to. | 爱伦,不用这样 我想加些衣服 |
[36:56] | I’ll be right back. | 很快就回来 |
[37:30] | Just lock your doors until we contact you again. | 请锁好门直到我们再和你联系 |
[37:33] | You’ll be fine, Ms Innes. | 你会没事的 英尼斯女士 |
[37:35] | He doesn’t tend toward forcible entry. | 他没有强行闯入的倾向 |
[37:36] | OK, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:38] | Cleveland PD have already | 克里夫兰警局报告说 |
[37:40] | reported three of the women on the list as missing. | 名单上有三个妇女失踪 |
[37:44] | We’ve already contacted everyone | 除了这两个 |
[37:46] | on this list directly, except for these two. | 我们已经通知了名单上其他所有人 |
[37:48] | I left messages on their machines. | 我给她们留了信息 |
[37:50] | You’d better go check on ’em anyway. | 我们最好去看看 |
[38:06] | You have mail. | 你有新邮件 |
[38:10] | 警告:此人为通缉要犯 具有极度危险性 这人非常危险 | |
[38:17] | Ellen? | 艾伦 |
[38:21] | I hope you’re not on line with some other guy. | 希望你在网上没有别的男人 |
[38:27] | I was just e-mailing my girlfriend. | 我在给我女朋友发邮件 |
[38:29] | – Your girlfriend? – Yes. | 你女朋友 是啊 |
[38:33] | What about? | 怎么了 |
[38:36] | – Us. – What were you telling her? | 我们 你跟她说什么了 |
[38:41] | Just how happy I am. | 说我有多开心 |
[38:45] | That you’re still interested in me. | 因为你仍然对我有好感 |
[38:47] | And that you hadn’t rejected me like I thought you had. | 你没有像我想的那样拒绝 |
[38:59] | I’m glad you feel that way, Ellen. | 很高兴你这样想 爱伦 |
[39:02] | I know I do. | 我明白 |
[39:05] | Look, I still haven’t changed my clothes. | 对了 我还没换衣服 |
[39:07] | Go wait outside and I’ll be right out. | 你到外面等一会吗 我马上就出来 |
[39:09] | You look beautiful. You don’t need to change for me. | 你很美 爱伦 不用为我而换衣服了 |
[39:12] | Please leave me alone. Please! | 请等我一会儿 |
[39:17] | What do you want? | 你要干什么 不 |
[39:38] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[39:41] | We’re with the FBI. We’re looking for Ellen Kaminsky. | 我是联邦探员 我们找艾伦 |
[39:43] | She’s in her condo. She just e-mailed me. Why? What’s wrong? | 她在她的公寓 几分钟前还给我发了邮件 |
[39:47] | – Is something the matter? – Get back in. | 怎么了 有什么事吗 回房里去 |
[39:54] | Ellen? | 艾伦 |
[40:39] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[40:51] | You go ahead. I’ll stay here. Go! | 你快去追 我留在这 快去 |
[41:14] | This is Federal Agent Dana Scully. | 我是联邦调查局探员黛娜·史卡利 |
[41:16] | I need an ambulance right away… | 我需要一辆救护车 |
[41:18] | ..To 658 South Hudson Avenue, apartment number 23. | 马上到南哈德逊大街658号 23号公寓 |
[41:22] | Request special chemical-burn unit. | 派特种化学烧伤护理组来 |
[41:38] | Freeze! Federal agent! | 别动 联邦探员 |
[41:41] | Now, put your hands up and step out where I can see you. | 把手举起来 走到我能看见你的地方 |
[41:47] | Just don’t shoot me, man! | 别开枪 |
[42:48] | Jennifer Flackett, Kathy Miller, | 珍妮佛·弗莱基特 凯西·米勒 |
[42:50] | Hillary Turk. | 希拉里·特克 |
[42:52] | 47 women reported missing in five states. | 5个州一共有47个失踪的妇女 |
[42:56] | At least give their families some peace of mind. | 至少给受害者家属带来一些心理上的安慰 |
[42:58] | Tell us how many on that list are yours. | 清单上有多少人的死该由你负责 |
[43:05] | They’re all mine. | 全部都是 |
[43:14] | Come on, Scully. | 走吧 史卡利 |
[43:16] | Open the door. | 开门 |
[43:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[43:26] | When you look at me you see a monster. | 你现在看我就是一个恶魔 |
[43:31] | But I was just feeding a hunger. | 但我只是为了充饥 |
[43:36] | You’re more than a monster. | 你不只是个恶魔 |
[43:38] | You didn’t just feed on their bodies. You fed on their minds. | 你不仅吞噬了她们的肉体 欺骗她们的感情 |
[43:42] | My weakness was no greater than theirs. | 我的弱点和她们一样 |
[43:45] | I gave them what they wanted. | 我给了她们需要的 |
[43:49] | And they gave me what I needed. | 而她们也应该给我需要的 |
[43:54] | Not any more. | 不会再有了 |
[44:02] | The dead are no longer lonely. | 死亡不再孤独了 |
[44:08] | Let me out. | 让我出去 |