时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Behold the mighty cockroach. | 抓住这个神圣的蟑螂 |
[00:12] | Believed to have originated in | 在360万年前的志留纪 |
[00:14] | the Silurian period over 350 million years ago, | 它就出现了 |
[00:18] | They can be found in every | 到处都有它们的足迹 |
[00:20] | part of the world from the tropics to the Arctic. | 从热带到北极 |
[00:24] | There exists 4,000 known species, | 有4千个种类 |
[00:28] | And in a year a single female can produce | 一年里 一个雌蟑螂能产生 |
[00:31] | Over half a million descendants. | 50万个后代 |
[00:35] | Radiation doesn’t kill them. | 辐射杀不死它们 |
[00:37] | By evolutionary standards, | 按照进化的标准 |
[00:39] | they are nearly flawless creatures, | 它们是完美的生物 |
[00:41] | But creatures nevertheless. | 但这生物 |
[00:45] | Possessing only a simple nervous system | 仅有简单的神经系统 |
[00:48] | Their behaviour is dictated solely by responses to environmental stimuli. | 能随环境的变化作出反应 |
[00:53] | Unlike us, they are incapable of thought | 不像我们 它们不能思考 |
[00:58] | Of selfillumination. | 自我感悟 |
[01:04] | Compared to the roach, we are gods And must therefore act accordingly. | 如果按照生物链 和蟑螂相比 我们是上帝 |
[01:14] | Is it true if you decapitate them, they continue to live, | 你杀死了它们 它们还真能复活吗 |
[01:18] | Eventually dying of starvation? | 最后死于饥饿 |
[01:22] | Look, buddy, I just kill ’em. | 朋友 我烧了它们 |
[01:29] | Well, that’s why I called you. | 所以你打电话给我 |
[01:33] | I thought that nowadays you froze the insects to death. | 我以为你把这些昆虫冻死 |
[01:36] | Freeze ’em? Where’s the fun in that? | 冻死 那有什么好玩 |
[01:39] | No, we got a new pesticide that works like a fungus. | 有一种杀虫剂非常有效 |
[01:42] | It not only kills the infected roach, | 不但杀死蟑螂 |
[01:44] | but that roach then spreads the disease | 还让它传播给其他蟑螂 |
[01:47] | To every other roach it comes into contact with. | 只要接触就传染 |
[01:50] | Just as long as you get rid of them. | 快除掉它们 |
[01:53] | Bugs, you know They drive me crazy. | 你知道的 它们让我发疯 |
[02:07] | Why, you arrogant little | 你这个傲慢的小… |
[02:48] | I forgot to tell you, I also found a roach on | 我忘了告诉你 我发现了一只蟑螂 |
[04:05] | Mulder. | 我是穆德 |
[04:06] | Where have you been | 你在哪里 |
[04:07] | I’ve been trying to reach you | 我正在找你 |
[04:08] | My apartment complex was being fumigated | 我的公寓在消毒 |
[04:11] | so I thought I’d get away for the weekend. | 我得外出一个星期 |
[04:13] | I came up to Massachusetts. | 我到马萨诸塞州去 |
[04:15] | Visiting your mother? | 看你母亲 |
[04:16] | No. Just sitting and thinking. | 不 只是散下心 |
[04:20] | Widespread accounts of dunidentified colored lights hovering in the skies | 昨天晚上报道说这个地方 |
[04:24] | Were reported in this area last night. | 有很多不同颜色的闪电 |
[04:28] | Look, Scully, I know it’s not your inclination, | 我知道你并不喜欢 |
[04:30] | but did you ever look up into the night sky | 但 史卡利 你看了一下天空吗 |
[04:33] | And feel certain that not only was something up there, | 并感觉到不但你在看天 |
[04:37] | But it was looking down on you at that exact same moment, | 而且天也在看你 |
[04:40] | And was just as curious about you as you are about it? | 也和你一样好奇 |
[04:45] | Mulder I think the only thing more fortuitous | 穆德 我觉得更偶然的事是… |
[04:47] | than the emergence of life on this planet | 我们这个星球有生命 |
[04:50] | Is that, through random laws of biological evolution, | 根据自然进化的随机规律 |
[04:53] | An intelligence as complex as ours ever emanated from it. | 我们人类的智慧竟会这么复杂 |
[04:57] | The very idea of intelligent | 竟会想到外星人 |
[04:59] | alien life is not only astronomically improbable, | 在天文学上不可能 |
[05:03] | But at its most basic level downright antiDarwinian. | 就是最基本的 也是完全反达尔文的 |
[05:07] | Scully, what are you wearing? | 史卡利 你穿什么衣服 |
[05:11] | I understand what you’re saying, | 我知道你说什么 |
[05:13] | but I just need to keep looking. | 但我要看一下 |
[05:15] | Yeah, well, don’t look too hard. | 大概找一下就行了 |
[05:17] | You might not like what you find. | 也许你对找到的不喜欢 |
[05:20] | Isn’t that what Dr Zaius said to | 这不是佐斯博士对查尔顿·赫斯顿说的吗 |
[05:21] | Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes? | 就在《人猿星球》的结尾 |
[05:25] | And look what happened. | 看看发生了什么 |
[05:29] | Scully, I gotta go. | 史卡利 我要走了 |
[05:30] | What? Mulder, what’s going on? | 怎么了 穆德 |
[05:32] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[05:41] | How ya doin’? | 你好吗 |
[05:42] | What are you doin’? | 你干什么 |
[05:45] | Just sitting, thinking. Sittin’ and thinkin’. | 坐在这里思考 是吗 |
[05:48] | And talkin’ on the phone. Who with, your drug dealer? | 打电话吗 打给谁 打给毒贩吗 |
[05:52] | Let me see some ID. | 你的身份证 |
[06:00] | The Bureau? You on a case? | 联邦调查局 你办案子 |
[06:03] | I heard reports of several UFO sightings in this area last night. | 我听说昨晚在这里看见了UF0 |
[06:07] | Did you see anything? | 你看见了吗 |
[06:08] | No, sir, not personally. | 没有 |
[06:09] | But we did receive a lot of telephone calls. | 但我确实收到很多电话 |
[06:12] | Any more calls tonight? No, sir. | 今晚还有电话吗 没有 |
[06:16] | The FBI keeps tabs on these things? | 调查局对这有兴趣 |
[06:18] | No. | 没有 |
[06:22] | I don’t like to pry, | 对不起 我不喜欢乱打听 |
[06:23] | but why are you sitting here with your wiper blades on? | 但你为什么坐在车上还开着雨刮 |
[06:26] | I was just knocking off some bugs that landed on my | 有虫子撞在我的 |
[06:32] | Landed on my windshield. | 挡风玻璃上 |
[06:34] | Cockroaches? | 蟑螂 |
[06:35] | Maybe. Maybe beetles. I don’t know. | 也许吧 也许是甲壳虫 |
[06:37] | I’m not really good with bugs. | 我不知道 对昆虫不太懂 |
[06:51] | Sorry to disturb you, sir. What’s the matter? | 对不起 打扰你了 怎么了 |
[06:54] | Another roach attack. | 又一起蟑螂攻击 |
[07:05] | Hello. I think you better get up here. | 喂 你快点过来 |
[07:07] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[07:08] | Cockroaches are mortally attacking people. | 蟑螂会杀人 |
[07:11] | I’m not gonna ask you if you said | 我不想说 |
[07:13] | what I think you said. I know it’s what you said. | 我知道你想说什么 |
[07:15] | I’m with a bug exterminator whose recently deceased body | 这里发现了一具尸体 死者是灭虫人 |
[07:18] | Was discovered with cockroaches crawling all over him. | 尸体上面爬满了蟑螂 |
[07:22] | The sheriff says two other bodies were found in the same condition this afternoon. | 警长说下午发现另外两具尸体也是同样的情况 |
[07:26] | Where are you again? | 你在哪 |
[07:27] | Miller’s Grove. It has a large science constituency. | 米勒树林 这里是一个高智商选区 |
[07:30] | The other incidents involved a biologist and an astrophysicist. | 另外两个死者是分子生物学和天体物理学家 |
[07:34] | The witness to this case is an alternativefuel researcher. | 目击者是替代燃料研究者 |
[07:38] | These reports are not coming from yahoos out in the boondocks. | 这些报告不是空穴来风 |
[07:41] | The image of those cockroaches | 那些蟑螂的形象 |
[07:43] | has been permanently imprinted onto my brain. | 在我脑海中回荡 |
[07:48] | I see them every time I close my eyes. | 闭上眼睛就看见它们 |
[07:51] | Try not to close your eyes. | 那别闭眼 |
[07:56] | How am I gonna sleep? And where? | 我睡觉怎么办 睡在哪 |
[08:00] | I’m certainly not spending the night here. | 我可不想在这儿过夜 |
[08:03] | Maybe you could get a motel room or something. | 你可以住旅馆 |
[08:06] | Were there insect bites on the body? | 那里有虫子咬吗 |
[08:08] | Insect bites? | 虫子咬 |
[08:09] | No. | 不 |
[08:10] | Cos millions of people are actually allergic to cockroaches. | 你知道很多人对蟑螂过敏 |
[08:14] | There have been reported cases of fatal reactions. | 已经有过敏致命的案例 |
[08:17] | It’s called anaphylactic shock. | 这叫做过敏性休克 |
[08:19] | Anaphylactic shock? Such reactions have occurred to | 过敏性休克 许多过敏 |
[08:22] | Entomologists or exterminators. | 都发生在昆虫学家和灭虫人的身上 |
[08:25] | OK, we’ll check that out. You still want me to come up? | 我们检查一下 你要我去吗 |
[08:28] | No, no, no. I’m sure you’re right. Thanks, Scully. | 不用 我想你是对的 谢谢 史卡利 |
[08:31] | Who was that? My drug dealer. | 是谁 毒贩 |
[08:44] | Dude, that’s some good crap. | 太他妈棒 |
[08:49] | Come on, it’s your hoot. | 来吧 你尝尝 |
[08:53] | I don’t know about this, you guys. | 我不清楚这些 伙计们 |
[08:55] | You really ought to, you know. Try it. | 你应该了解 试一下 |
[08:59] | This stuff takes your mind and just sort of, you know, expands it. | 这玩意让你的脑子 你知道 膨胀 |
[09:04] | Well, something tells me it’s more | 嗯 让我们脑子膨胀的玩意 |
[09:06] | than my mind you guys are interested in expanding. | 多的是 |
[09:10] | Well, how about another beer, then? | 再喝杯啤酒怎么样 |
[09:13] | OK. I don’t know. | 好吧我不知道 |
[09:15] | I think you’re makin’ a mistake here. | 我想你犯了个错误 |
[09:18] | Beer is just, you know beer. | 你知道啤酒 只是啤酒而已 |
[09:24] | But this stuff, it, like, | 但这个东西 |
[09:26] | swings the doors of perception so wide open, | 会让思绪的门大开 |
[09:30] | You can see a whole other world out there. | 你能看见整个世界 |
[09:32] | But it’s still like this world, you know. | 但还是像这个世界 你知道 |
[09:35] | It tweaks your mind and | 它改变你的想象 |
[09:37] | does this whole alteredstate thing to it. | 让你进入一个迷幻异域 |
[09:40] | And suddenly you see reality as it, you know, | 忽然间你能看到真实的东西 |
[09:44] | Really exists. | 真的存在了 |
[09:50] | Oh, God! Dude, what’s wrong, man? | 天啊 怎么了 |
[09:58] | Oh, God! Roaches! | 天啊 蟑螂 |
[10:01] | Dude, you’re freakin’, man Roaches! Cockroaches! | 你吓着我了 蟑螂! |
[10:05] | What’s the matter man What | 怎么回事什么 |
[10:23] | Stay. | 呆着 |
[10:28] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:29] | I take it back Scully I think you better get up here. | 我收回我的话 史卡利 你最好还是过来 |
[10:30] | Another roach attack? | 又被蟑螂攻击了 |
[10:32] | This was no allergic reaction. | 这次可不是过敏反应 |
[10:33] | Two witnesses claim they saw the victim screaming | 两个证人看见蟑螂 |
[10:36] | about roaches burrowing into him. | 钻进受害者的身体 |
[10:38] | Are there insects in the body? | 昆虫仍在身体吗 |
[10:40] | We haven’t located any. | 不知道 |
[10:41] | But there are wounds all over the body. | 但尸体到处是伤口 |
[10:43] | From the cockroaches? | 蟑螂引起的 |
[10:45] | Well, the victim did attempt to extract the insects using a razor blade. | 受害者试图用刀片把昆虫取出 |
[10:49] | We’re not sure all the incisions are selfinflicted, | 但我不确定这些伤口都是他自己造成的 |
[10:52] | except for the severed artery. | 除了主动脉 |
[10:53] | Was there any evidence of drug use? | 现场的吸毒的证据吗 |
[10:56] | Well, he did have a homemade lab setup. | 他确实在吸自制的东西 |
[10:59] | I’m not sure what he was producing. | 我不确定他自制的是什么 |
[11:03] | Oh, man! It smells like a septic tank. | 闻起来想大便池的味道 |
[11:06] | Will you make sure this gets analysed here? | 这真是能够致人死命吗 |
[11:08] | You know, Mulder | 你知道 穆德 |
[11:09] | There’s a psychotic disorder associated with some drug abuse, | 滥用毒品 |
[11:12] | Where the abuser has delusions | 会导致精神错乱 |
[11:14] | that insects are infesting their epidermis. | 从而产生幻象有昆虫侵入他们的表皮 |
[11:16] | It’s called Ekbom Syndrome. | 这叫睡眠脚动症 |
[11:18] | Ekbom Syndrome? | 睡眠脚动症 |
[11:19] | The victim cuts himself in an attempt to extract the imaginary insect. | 受害者伤害自己 想抓想象中的虫子 |
[11:24] | You still want me to come up? | 你想我来吗 |
[11:26] | No. You’re probably right. | 也许你是对的 |
[11:28] | I’m sorry to bother you. It’s no bother. | 不用来了 打扰你了 |
[11:32] | It’s no bother Bye. | 没事 再见 |
[11:37] | Hey! | 嗨 |
[11:40] | Kids are braindead. | 孩子们都吓蒙了 |
[11:41] | I couldn’t get anything out of them. | 我不能从他们那里得到什么 |
[11:42] | How about some urine? | 那尿液呢 |
[11:44] | For a drug test. | 进行毒品测试 |
[12:02] | Did you get it? Get me a container. | 你抓到了吗 给我一个容器 |
[12:10] | I think I killed it. | 我想我杀死它了 |
[12:11] | You didn’t kill it. You annihilated it. | 你杀了它 你毁灭证据了 |
[12:14] | It must have moulted. It’s just empty exoskeleton. | 它好像蜕皮了 只剩下骨骼的 |
[12:16] | At least we have evidence that cockroaches were here. | 至少可以证明蟑螂确实存在 |
[12:20] | We’ve got more than that, Sheriff. | 还不止这样 警长 |
[12:22] | I think that bug’s exoskeleton was made of metal. | 我想虫的骨骼是由金属制成的 |
[12:37] | Nothing more than a skin abrasion. | 只是皮外伤而已 |
[12:40] | Caused by a metallic substance? | 金属物质引起皮外伤 |
[12:42] | Why don’t we wait until the analysis of the compound is finished | 等所有分析结束 |
[12:46] | Before jumping to any conclusions? | 再做结论吧 |
[12:51] | Agent Mulder, as a doctor, | 穆德探员 作为医生 |
[12:52] | I always find it best to be completely honest and open with my patients, | 我对病人开诚公布 |
[12:57] | no matter how unpleasant the information. | 无论消息有多不幸 |
[13:00] | What do you need to tell me? | 你要告诉我什么 |
[13:02] | No, I need you to tell me something. | 不 我要你告诉一些事 |
[13:07] | What the hell is going on here? | 到底发生了什么事 |
[13:11] | Are we in any danger? I don’t know. | 我们有危险吗 我不知道 |
[13:15] | Well, should I evacuate my family? I wouldn’t know. | 我应该疏散我家庭吗 我不知道 |
[13:19] | They’re waiting for you to examine the boy’s body. | 医生 他们在等你检查尸体 |
[13:22] | Yeah, soon as I take a little break. | 我只是休息一下 |
[13:25] | After talking with Agent Mulder here, | 和穆德探员的谈话 |
[13:28] | I suddenly feel slightly constipated. | 突然让我感觉有点便秘 |
[13:33] | What’s his problem? | 他怎么了 |
[13:35] | He’s upset that I don’t know what’s going on here. | 他因为我不知道发生了什么而难过 |
[13:39] | So what the hell is goin’ on here? | 那到底发生什么事 |
[14:12] | I see the correlation | 我知道他担心什么了 |
[14:13] | Just because I work for the government | 我为政府工作 |
[14:16] | doesn’t mean I’m an expert on cockroaches. | 并不意味着我是蟑螂专家 |
[14:18] | You’re saying you don’t know | 你不知道政府在这儿的 |
[14:20] | anything about the government’s experiments here? | 大型实验 |
[14:23] | Experiments? | 实验 |
[14:24] | A couple of months ago A Department of Agriculture agent | 几个月前 一个自称是农业部的人 |
[14:26] | Sets up base on a couple of acres across town. | 在这建了几英亩基地 |
[14:29] | Nobody knows exactly what’s goin’ on out there. | 没人知道那里发生什么事 |
[14:32] | It’s topsecret. Very hushhush. | 高度机密 |
[14:34] | What are you suggesting? | 你想说什么 |
[14:36] | Killer bees were a genetic experiment gone awry. | 杀人的密蜂是基因实验的产物 |
[14:40] | Let loose on an unsuspecting populace. | 释放在不知情的人们当中 |
[14:43] | Who’s to say the government hasn’t created a new breed of killer cockroaches? | 说不准政府制造新的杀人蟑螂 |
[14:48] | You might wanna keep that theory to yourself, Sheriff. | 你这个理论自己知道就好了 警长 |
[14:51] | No need to create a panic. | 不要制造恐慌 |
[14:53] | Oh! Oh, my God! Help! Somebody help me! | 哦 天啊 救命 |
[14:59] | What the hell happened? | 发生什么事 |
[15:01] | Cockroaches. He was covered in cockroaches. | 蟑螂 他身体进了蟑螂 |
[15:04] | I don’t see any roaches. | 我没看到蟑螂 |
[15:06] | Well, when I went out to look | 我出去叫帮忙 |
[15:07] | for help and I came back, they’d disappeared. | 回来它们消失了 |
[15:24] | Gently. Gently. | 小心点 小心点 |
[15:33] | It doesn’t appear odd in any | 不觉得奇怪… |
[15:40] | Next time let me handle the roaches. | 下次让我来抓这些蟑螂 |
[15:48] | Who died now? | 这次谁死了 |
[15:49] | The medical examiner. | 验尸官 |
[15:50] | His body was found next to a toilet covered with roaches. | 在厕所傍边发现了尸体 全身爬满了臭虫 |
[15:53] | I really think you should come. | 我想你应该来 |
[15:55] | A toilet? | 厕所 |
[15:56] | Check his eyes. | 检查他眼睛 |
[15:57] | Is one of them bloodshot, with a dilated pupil? | 他的一个瞳孔是不是充血 |
[16:02] | Well, yeah. It was probably a brain aneurysm. | 是的也许是脑动脉瘤 |
[16:05] | Brain aneurysm? | 脑动脉瘤 |
[16:07] | Straining too forcefully is very common causation for bursting a brain aneurysm. | 压力太大的话很容易引起脑部出血 |
[16:12] | How do you explain the roaches, though? | 那你怎么解释蟑螂 |
[16:14] | Did you catch any? | 你抓住了吗 |
[16:15] | Almost. I don’t know what to tell you, Mulder. | 差一点 我不知道该怎么告诉你 穆德 |
[16:18] | I just hope you’re not implying | 但希望你因为被昆虫袭击 |
[16:20] | you’ve come across an infestation of killer cockroaches. | 就怀疑蟑螂是杀手 |
[16:32] | Mulder. Mulder, I’ve been doing some research. | 穆德 穆德 我正在做一些研究 |
[16:36] | In the ’80s there was a | 在八十年代中叶 |
[16:37] | cockroach species previously only found in Asia. | 在亚洲发现了一个蟑螂的种类 |
[16:40] | Since then it’s appeared in Florida. | 后来出现在佛罗里达 |
[16:42] | They’ve now established themselves in this country. | 它们现在在这里定居了 |
[16:45] | Do they attack people? No, | 它们攻击人吗 不 |
[16:46] | No, but they exhibit behavior different than domestic breeds. | 但它们的行为和本地种类不同 |
[16:49] | They fly long distances and are attracted to light. | 他们能飞很远 并且对光敏感 |
[16:52] | Do they attack people? | 它们攻击人吗 |
[16:53] | I’m suggesting that what’s happening | 我正想那儿发生的事 |
[16:56] | Might be the introduction of a new species of cockroach, | 也许我们国家又发现了一种新蟑螂 |
[16:59] | one that is attracted to people. | 会攻击人类 |
[17:00] | That all makes perfect sense. I don’t like it at all. | 分析得很合理 我一点也不喜欢它们 |
[17:03] | Did you know that the Federal Government | 你知道联邦政府 |
[17:05] | under the guise of the department agriculture | 农业部好像在这 |
[17:06] | has been conducting secret experiments here? | 进行了秘密实验 |
[17:09] | You’re not thinking of trespassing onto government property? | 你不是又想进入政府设施吧 |
[17:12] | I know you’ve done it in the past, | 我知道你以前干过 |
[17:14] | but I don’t think that this case warrant | 但我想这案子 |
[17:16] | It’s too late. I’m already inside. | 太晚了 我已经进来了 |
[17:20] | Well What’s going on What do you see | 怎么了 你看见什么 |
[17:21] | I’m in a house | 我在房里 |
[17:24] | It’s apparently empty. | 房子是空的 |
[17:27] | What does the place look like? | 这地方像什么 |
[17:29] | It’s a typical twostorey suburban house. | 典型的郊外的两层房子 |
[17:33] | Nice big living room, sparsely furnished, | 装修得很好 |
[17:37] | nice carpets, fireplace. | 舒适的地毯 壁炉 |
[17:38] | Nice kitchen, modern appliances. | 漂亮的厨房 现代家电 |
[17:45] | Moving walls. Moving walls? | 活动的墙 什么 |
[17:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:52] | They’re rippling. | 它们像波纹一样扩散开来 |
[17:57] | Oh! Cockroaches! What?! | 蟑螂 什么 |
[17:59] | Cockroaches. They’re everywhere! | 到处是蟑螂 到处都是 |
[18:05] | Ugh! I’m surrounded. | 我被包围了 |
[18:08] | Mulder You’ve got to get out of there right now. | 穆德 你快离开那里 |
[18:11] | No! Are you all right? What happened? | 你没事吧 发生什么事了 |
[18:14] | Flashlight went out. | 电筒坏了 |
[18:17] | Mulder, what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[18:20] | Gotta go. | 我挂电话了 |
[18:22] | Mulder! Mulder! | 穆德 穆德 |
[18:30] | May I ask why you’re trespassing on government property? | 我能问你为什么进入政府设施吗 |
[18:33] | I’m a federal agent. So am I. | 我是联邦探员 我也是 |
[18:36] | Agent Mulder, FBI. | 穆德探员 联邦调查局 |
[18:38] | Dr Berenbaum, USDA, Agricultural Research Service. | 伯兰鲍医生 农业部农业研究服务 |
[18:42] | Dr Berenbaum, I’m gonna have to ask you a few questions. | 伯兰鲍医生 我想问你点问题 |
[18:45] | For instance? | 比如 |
[18:48] | What’s a woman like you doing in a place like this? | 你一个女人来这种地方干什么 |
[18:55] | By studying how insects respond to changes in light, temperature, | 研究昆虫对光线的变化 温度 |
[18:59] | Air currents, food availability, | 气流 食物有效性的反应 |
[19:01] | we can determine the best ways to eradicate them. | 我们决定根除它们最好的办法 |
[19:03] | Why all the secrecy about your research? | 你的研究有什么秘密 |
[19:06] | You got the good townspeople suspicious. | 你让镇里的人怀疑了 |
[19:08] | You expect us to advertise | 你想让我们广而告之说 我们故意 |
[19:10] | that we’ve intentionally infested a house With thousands of cockroaches? | 在这里建一个寄生着成千只蟑螂的房子 |
[19:14] | But those cockroaches, are they a normal species? | 那些蟑螂都是普通的种类吗 |
[19:19] | They’re a common one. | 是的 |
[19:21] | Have you ever come across a type of cockroach that is attracted to people? | 你知道一种攻击人的蟑螂吗 |
[19:28] | Most cockroaches have been known to wash themselves | 很多蟑螂在接触人类前 |
[19:31] | after being touched by humans. | 都会洗洗 |
[19:33] | So you’ve never seen an instance where a cockroach attacks a human being? | 那你没看见蟑螂袭击人类 |
[19:37] | There have been cases where | 只听说蟑螂 |
[19:38] | cockroaches crawled into a person’s ear, nose | 爬到人的鼻子和耳朵里 |
[19:41] | Nose? | 鼻子 |
[19:45] | What is that there? | 那是什么 |
[19:47] | It’s just a pet project of mine. | 那是我一个宠物工程 |
[19:51] | Since an insect’s exoskeleton is a dielectric | 一个昆虫的骨骼是带双电的 |
[19:54] | Surrounding the conductive medium of its body fluid, | 血液上带有传电的物质 |
[19:57] | When introduced into an electrical field, | 当引入电场时 |
[19:59] | the brush discharge results in a coloured flare. | 这种放电会引起有颜色的火焰 |
[20:05] | What is that supposed to prove? | 那证明什么 |
[20:08] | Well, it’s my theory that UFOs are actually insect swarms. | 我的理论就是 UF0实际上是昆虫群 |
[20:13] | I don’t know if you know anything about UFOs, | 不知道你知不知道关于UF0的事 |
[20:15] | but all the characteristics of | 但常见发光的特征 |
[20:17] | A typical sighting are shared with nocturnal insects | 都和一大群夜虫有关系 |
[20:20] | swarming through an electrical field. | 它们群集通过天空的电磁场 |
[20:22] | The sudden appearance of a coloured, glowing light hovering in the night sky. | 突然间在夜空产生五颜六色的 明亮的闪电 |
[20:27] | Moving in a nonmechanical manner, possibly humming. | 这不是机械问题 只是嗡嗡作响 |
[20:30] | Creating interference with radio and television signals, | 会干拢广播电视的信号 |
[20:33] | Then suddenly disappearing. | 接着突然就消失 |
[20:36] | As nocturnal insect swarms. | 哦 昆虫群 |
[20:40] | It’s it’s fascinating. | 真难以想像 |
[20:44] | Everything about insects is fascinating. | 关于昆虫的事都难以想像 |
[20:47] | They are truly remarkable creatures. | 它们是有用的生物 |
[20:49] | So beautiful and so honest. | 美丽诚实 |
[20:52] | Honest? | 诚实 |
[20:54] | Eat, sleep, defecate, procreate. | 吃饭 睡觉 排便 生子 |
[20:55] | That’s all they do. | 它们和我们一样 |
[21:00] | That’s all we do, but at least insects don’t kid themselves | 至少昆虫不会开它们自己玩笑 |
[21:03] | that it’s anything more than that. Does my scientific detachment disturb you? | 我的科学说教是不是让你烦了 |
[21:09] | No. No, actually, I find it quite refreshing. | 没有 我倒觉得挺新鲜的 |
[21:18] | Not now. You know, um | 你知道 |
[21:23] | I have always found insects to be very interesting. | 我总发现昆虫很有趣 |
[21:28] | Really? | 真的 |
[21:37] | this is the fifth report of a deceased body | 这是第五起报道的死亡 |
[21:38] | being found amongst a horde of cockroaches | 其中发现一大群蟑螂 |
[21:40] | But police are not confirming At least no yet | 但警察还没有确认 |
[21:43] | that the insects have anything to do with the fatalities. | 蟑螂与死亡有关 |
[21:46] | Police have denied that | 警察同时否认 |
[21:47] | these deaths were the result of an outbreak | 是由感染的蟑螂引起的 |
[21:50] | Of the Ebola virus | 埃博拉病毒的爆发 |
[21:51] | somehow being spread by infected cockroaches. | 现在 这些案件还属于当地的管辖范围 |
[21:54] | For now these incidents remain under local jurisdiction, | 但本地的护士承认有联邦调查局的介入此案 |
[22:02] | Police are asking that if you see any cockroaches, don’t panic. | 警察当你见到蟑螂时 别惊慌 |
[22:06] | Simply notify the local | 请通知当地有关部门 |
[22:07] | authorities and evacuate the area immediately. | 迅速撤离 |
[22:10] | Reporting live, this is Sky Lathan for Channel 3 News. | 现场报道 我是3频道主持人斯凯·雷金 |
[22:14] | Then suddenly there was this terrible crash. | 结果发生了严重车祸 |
[22:17] | You know, you could have been killed. | 你知道吗 你会死的 |
[22:52] | Mulder, are you OK? | 穆德 你没事吧 |
[22:55] | I can’t sleep | 我睡不着 |
[22:56] | What happened at the U.S.D.A. site | 研究中心那边怎么样了 |
[22:58] | They’re conducting legitimate experiments. | 他们进行的是合法实验 |
[23:01] | I met an entomologist, a Dr Berenbaum, | 我见到了农业学家伯兰鲍医生 |
[23:03] | Who agrees with your theory of an accidental importation of a new species | 同意你可能有新的蟑螂种类的理论 |
[23:08] | Did he tell you how to catch ’em? | 他告诉了你怎么抓住他们吗 |
[23:10] | No, but she did tell me everything else there is to know about insects. | 不 但她说了很多关于昆虫的事 |
[23:14] | She? Yeah. Did you know the ancient Egyptians worshiped the scarab beetle | 她 你听过古埃及崇拜金龟子并建金字塔 |
[23:19] | And maybe erected the pyramids to honour them, which may be symbolic dung heaps? | 也许外观像一堆粪堆 来纪念它们吗 |
[23:24] | Did you know the inventor | 你知道发明抽水马桶的 |
[23:26] | of the flush toilet was named Thomas Crapper? | 是汤马斯·克拉普(有厕所之意)吗 |
[23:28] | Bambi also has this theory I’ve never come approch | 班比有我没得出的… |
[23:29] | Who | 谁 |
[23:32] | Dr Berenbaum. Anyway, her theory is | 伯兰鲍医生 她的理论是 |
[23:34] | Her name is Bambi? | 她名字班比 |
[23:36] | Yeah, both her parents were naturalists. | 她父母都是自然学家 |
[23:39] | Her theory is that UFOs are nocturnal | 她关于UF0的理论是 |
[23:41] | insect swarms passing through electrical airfields. | 一大群昆虫经过闪电的天空 |
[23:45] | Her name is Bambi? | 她名字叫班比 |
[23:46] | Scully, can I confess something to you? | 史卡利 我可以对你坦白点事吗 |
[23:50] | Yeah, sure, OK. I hate insects. | 可以 我讨厌昆虫 |
[23:54] | You know, lots of people are afraid of insects, Mulder. | 很多人怕昆虫 穆德 |
[23:57] | It’s just It’s a natural instinct of | 自然的 本能的 |
[24:00] | No, no, no, I’m not afraid of them. | 不 不 我不怕它们 |
[24:03] | I hate them. | 我恨它们 |
[24:05] | One day back when I was a kid, I was climbing this tree | 当我是小孩的时候 我爬上树 |
[24:09] | When I noticed this leaf walking towards me. | 我看见一片叶子 向我走过来 |
[24:12] | It took me for ever to realise it was no leaf. | 我终于清楚那不是叶子 |
[24:15] | A praying mantis? Yeah, I had a prayingmantis epiphany, | 是螳螂 是的 我意识到是一只螳螂 |
[24:18] | and as a result I screamed. Not a girlie scream, | 我大叫 当然不是像小姑娘那样叫 |
[24:20] | but the scream of someone being confronted By some beforeunknown monster | 是一种碰到不知名怪物的尖叫 |
[24:25] | that had no right existing on the same planet. | 它们没有权力居住在这星球 |
[24:28] | Did you ever notice how a praying mantis’s head resembles an alien’s head? | 你注意到螳螂头和外星人的头很像吗 |
[24:33] | The mysteries of the natural world were revealed. | 那天大自然向我展示了它的神秘 |
[24:35] | Instead of being astounded, | 但不是喜欢 而是害怕 |
[24:37] | I was repulsed. | 我打退堂鼓了 |
[24:39] | Mulder, are you sure it wasn’t a girlie scream? | 穆德 你确认当时不是向女生一样尖叫吗 |
[24:42] | What was that? | 怎么了 |
[24:44] | I gotta go. Mul No | 我要走了 不 |
[24:50] | Did you hear that too? It came from over here. | 你也听到吗 从那儿来 |
[24:55] | What the hell’s goin’ on? | 发生了什么 |
[24:58] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[25:01] | Is everything all right in there? | 一切正常吗 |
[25:17] | Don’t go in there man | 别去那里 伙计 |
[25:44] | What happened this time? | 这次发生什么事 |
[25:45] | One of the motel guests died. | 一个旅馆客人死了 |
[25:48] | Mulder, I’m coming up there right now. | 穆德 我就过去 |
[25:50] | Scully, I think this man died simply from a reaction to the cockroaches. | 史卡利 这人好像被蟑螂惊吓死的 |
[25:54] | Two cases of anaphylactic shock | 已经两起受惊而死的了 |
[25:56] | in the same day in the same town | 同一天同一个镇 |
[25:57] | is highly improbable. | 这不太可能 |
[26:00] | I’m saying that this man simply had a heart attack. | 不 我说的是他可能得了心脏病 |
[26:04] | Word about the cockroach infestation | 关于蟑螂的感染 |
[26:06] | and the deaths related to it has gotten out. | 死亡的原因已经拿到 |
[26:08] | I think this man simply saw some cockroaches and scared himself to death. | 这人可能看到的蟑螂害怕而死 |
[26:13] | Regardless Mulder something strange is definitely going on up there. | 这里好象发生了奇怪的事 穆德 |
[26:16] | Maybe not. | 也许不是 |
[26:17] | All your conjectures have proved correct. | 你所有的见解都证明是正确的 |
[26:20] | The exterminator did die from anaphylactic shock. | 那个杀昆虫的死于过敏 |
[26:23] | The boy did die from selfinflicted wounds | 那小孩死于自残 |
[26:26] | And was getting high off methane fumes derived from burning manure. | 吸入燃烧的粪便产生的沼气让他出现幻觉 |
[26:30] | The medical examiner did die from a brain aneurysm. | 那验尸官确实死于脑部出血 |
[26:32] | I still haven’t been able to explain the cockroaches. | 我解释不了为什么蟑螂都出现在这些地方 |
[26:36] | Or the fact that their exoskeletons are made of metal. | 也许是因为他们的骨骼是由金属做成 |
[26:39] | Metal? What are you talking about? | 金属 你说什么 |
[26:42] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[26:44] | Mulder, I’m coming up there. Whatever. | 穆德 我就过去 好吧 |
[26:57] | Can you tell what kind of cockroach it is? | 你能说这是哪一种蟑螂吗 |
[26:59] | I should be able to. | 应该可以 |
[27:01] | The abdomen’s still attached | 腹部还在 |
[27:03] | and we differentiate species by their genitalia. | 我们可以通过它们的生殖器来辨别它们的种类 |
[27:06] | Oh, my God. Is it abnormal? | 天啊 什么不妥 |
[27:09] | I’ll say. He’s hung like a clubtailed dragonfly! Excuse me. | 它的内脏像缩小的蜻蜓 |
[27:20] | Does it still look unusual? | 有什么不正常吗 |
[27:22] | Well, yes. For an insect genitalia. | 有的 昆虫生殖器官 |
[27:25] | But maybe not for a microprocessor. | 不应该是微处理器 |
[27:27] | You’re implying that this insect is mechanical? | 你说这些昆虫是机械的 |
[27:33] | What am I supposed to be looking at here? | 你让我看什么 |
[27:35] | Have you ever seen anything like this before? | 你以前见过吗 |
[27:38] | Only in science journals. | 只在科学杂志里 |
[27:40] | I’ve read about an artificialintelligence researcher | 我读过一个人工智能研究者 |
[27:44] | Who designs robots that resemble and behave like insects. | 他设计了一个机械人 外观和行为上极象昆虫 |
[27:48] | I’ve never seen them, but I’ve often thought of visiting his lab. | 我从没见到 但我想到他那参观 |
[27:51] | He works out of this town? | 他在镇外工作 |
[28:34] | Dr Ivanov? | 你是伊凡诺弗博士 |
[28:35] | Why are you scaring my robots? | 你为什么吓我的机器人 |
[28:38] | For decades my colleagues in artificial intelligence | 几十年里 人工智能的同事一直想… |
[28:42] | Have attempted to create an autonomous robot. | 制造一种自动机器人 |
[28:46] | By struggling to give their machines a human like brain, | 给它们一个人类的大脑 |
[28:50] | they have failed. | 但失败了 |
[28:51] | A human brain is too complex. | 人类大脑太复杂难以计算 |
[28:53] | Too computational. It thinks too much. | 他考虑的事情太多 |
[28:58] | But insects merely react. | 但昆虫只会反应 |
[29:04] | I’ve used insects as my model, not just in design, | 我以昆虫制造自己的模型 不只是设计 |
[29:08] | But by giving them the simplest of computer programs: | 而且给它们装上最简单的电脑程序 |
[29:12] | “Go to the object.” “Go away from moving object.” | 寻找目标 离开运动的目标 |
[29:16] | Governed only by sensors and reflex responses, | 由传感器和反射性反应引导 |
[29:20] | They take on the behaviour of intelligent living beings. | 它们会象智能的生物一样有行为 |
[29:24] | So this is programmed to head towards any object | 这东西被设计能追踪 |
[29:27] | Moving within the field of its sensors? | 在它感应范围内的东西 |
[29:29] | No. | 不 |
[29:31] | Then why is it following me? | 那它为什么跟着我 |
[29:36] | It likes you. | 它跟你一样 |
[29:39] | Your contract is with NASA? | 你和航空航天局有合同 |
[29:41] | The goal is to transport a fleet of robots to another planet | 目的是把一艘机器人舰队运到别的星球 |
[29:45] | And allow them to navigate the terrain with more intricacy | 让它们测量地形 |
[29:48] | Than any space probe has done before. | 比以前的太空探测器更复杂 |
[29:52] | And it sounds slightly fantastic, | 真不可思议 |
[29:54] | but the only obstacle I can foresee | 唯一的困难是 |
[29:56] | Is devising a renewable energy source. | 发明可重新充电的能源 |
[30:00] | In any case, this is the future of space exploration. | 这是宇宙探索的方向 |
[30:04] | It does not include living entities. | 不包括生物实体 |
[30:07] | I’m just speculating, | 我只是在这观察 |
[30:08] | but if extraterrestrial life forms do exist | 但如果有超级人类存在… |
[30:11] | No need for speculation. I believe they do. | 不需要思考 我相信他们存在 |
[30:13] | If they’re technologically advanced, | 他们比我们更有技术 |
[30:15] | and if your ideas about the future of space exploration are correct | 假如我们探索未来的思路是正确的 |
[30:19] | The interplanetary explorers of alien civilisations | 接着探索处星人的文明 |
[30:23] | will likely be mechanical in nature. Yes. | 会成为自然而然的想法 |
[30:26] | Anyone who thinks alien visitation | 任何想到外星人的探访… |
[30:28] | will come not in the form of robots | 是不会想到以机器形式出现 |
[30:31] | But of living beings with big eyes and grey skin | 而是有着大眼睛灰皮肤 |
[30:35] | Has been brainwashed by too much science fiction. | 那是被科幻小说毒害的 |
[30:47] | Can you identify this? | 你认得这些吗 |
[30:48] | I’m not really good with bugs. | 我对虫不熟悉 |
[30:51] | A cricket’s leg? | 蟑螂的腿 |
[30:53] | Try it under the microscope. | 在显微镜下看看 |
[31:18] | Are you all right, Dr Ivanov? | 你没事吗 伊凡诺夫博士 |
[31:22] | Can you identify that? | 你能辨明吗 |
[31:28] | Sir? | 先生 |
[31:33] | It’s beyond my comprehension. | 那超出我的理解 |
[31:42] | Hey, kid! Move it! Give me that! | 嗨 小伙子 把它拿走 给我那个 |
[31:50] | Back off, buddy ! | 退后 |
[31:51] | Get it ! Hurry up ! | 快点! |
[32:04] | Get your own ! I saw it first ! | 你自己去拿 我先看到的 |
[32:10] | Hey, what are you, crazy? | 嗨 你疯了吗 你为什么停下来 |
[32:12] | Hey, you idiot! You hit me! | 嗨 白痴 你撞到我了 |
[32:14] | We gotta get outta here! | 我们要离开这里 |
[32:19] | Excuse me. Do you sell road maps? | 有地图卖吗 |
[32:21] | Could you tell me where they are? | 告诉我这是哪 |
[32:22] | Come on. Hurry up. What’s going on here? | 快点 怎么了 |
[32:25] | Haven’t you heard about the roaches? | 你没听到蟑螂的事 |
[32:27] | They’re devouring people. | 它们吞噬很多人 |
[32:29] | We’re getting outta here. | 很多人都走了 |
[32:30] | Have you seen any yourself? | 你看见过蟑螂吗 |
[32:32] | No, but they’re everywhere. | 没有 但到处都是 |
[32:33] | Roaches aren’t attacking people. Lady. | 蟑螂并不伤人 女士 |
[32:35] | They’re spreading the Ebola virus. Keep the change. | 它们携带埃博拉病毒 |
[32:38] | We’re all gonna be bleeding from our nipples. | 我们的乳头会出血 |
[32:41] | All right. Listen up! | 行了 听着 |
[32:42] | I’m Agent Dana Scully from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. | 我是史卡利探员 联邦调查局的 |
[32:47] | I am assuring you that you are not in any danger. | 我保证你们并没有危险 |
[32:51] | Everything is gonna be OK if you just calm down and start acting rationally. | 只要你们平静下来恢复正常 一切都会没事的 |
[32:56] | Now where the hell are those road maps? | 公路地图在哪 |
[33:03] | Hey! This last can is mine! | 嗨 这是我的 |
[33:10] | Roaches! | 蟑螂 |
[33:47] | Well, Doctor, | 博士 |
[33:50] | I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. | 感谢回答我的几个问题 |
[33:55] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[34:27] | Greetings from planet Earth. | 来自地球的问候 |
[34:37] | Well, it’s a cockroach all right. | 这是蟑螂 |
[34:39] | It’s not like the leg segment you had me examine earlier. | 它不像我们之前检查的那个 |
[34:42] | It’s just a typical cockroach. Even the | 就是一只蟑螂 甚至 |
[34:45] | Yes, even the genitalia’s normal. | 连性器官也正常 |
[34:48] | Cockroaches are common in this area this time of year. | 每年这个时候 这个地方蟑螂很普遍 |
[34:51] | It’s one of the reasons I set up my study here. | 这也是我研究的原因 |
[35:01] | Mulder. Mulder, this town is insane. | 我是穆德 穆德 这镇发神经了 |
[35:03] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[35:06] | In a convenience store on the outskirts of civilisation. | 我在远离人类文明的郊区的 一个便利店 |
[35:10] | Look, I think I may have a lead. | 听着 我想到一条线索 |
[35:12] | Remember Dr Eckerle, who was the alternativefuel researcher | 你记得那个目击灭虫人死亡的 |
[35:15] | that witnessed the exterminator’s death? | 替代燃料研究员埃克博士吗 |
[35:17] | Well, the fuel that he’s researching is methane gas. | 他研究的燃料是沼气 |
[35:21] | Methane derived from manure. | 沼气是从粪便中产生 |
[35:23] | Manure? | 粪便 |
[35:24] | He has an import licence to bring | 他有进口许可证 |
[35:26] | in animal dung samples from outside the country. | 可以进口动物的粪便样本 |
[35:29] | Now, maybe you can confirm this with your Dr Bambi, | 也许你能够向班比博士求证 |
[35:33] | But I think the cockroaches are dung eaters | 但我想蟑螂是个以屎为生的昆虫 |
[35:36] | And, if so, | 即使这样 |
[35:36] | some of them may have been shipped accidentally in some of the samples. | 有些碰巧随着样本被运了进来 |
[35:40] | This fuel research facility could be ground zero for the infestation. | 燃料研究所可是无尘化的 |
[35:45] | If an alien civilisation were technologically advanced enough | 史卡利 如果外星人技术足够先进 |
[35:50] | to build and send artificially intelligent robotic probes to space, | 可以制造和发射向外太空 |
[35:54] | might they not have been able to perfect | 人工智能的机器探测器 |
[35:56] | the extraction of methane fuel from manure | 那么 他们早就能 |
[35:59] | a replenishing energy source | 从粪便中提取沼气了 |
[36:01] | on a planet filled with dungproducing creatures? | 地球上一种取之不尽用之不竭的能源 |
[36:08] | I think you’ve been in this town too long. | 穆德 我想你在镇里呆太久了 |
[36:11] | Where’s the research facility located? | 研究机构在哪 |
[36:20] | Bambi, you better wait here until I make sure it’s safe. | 斑比 在我确定安全之前你最好待在这 |
[36:23] | Be careful. We don’t know what these cockroaches are capable of. | 小心 我们仍不知道蟑螂的能力 |
[36:26] | If they’re even cockroaches. | 可能它们连蟑螂都不是 |
[36:28] | I’m more worried about the human element. | 我才不担心蟑螂 我认为是人为因素 |
[37:31] | Dr Eckerle? | 埃克博士 |
[37:34] | They’re after me. | 它们跟着我 |
[37:36] | First at my house. Then at the motel. | 先在房子后到旅馆 |
[37:39] | And then I came here to get away. | 我来这里想摆脱它们 |
[37:43] | But they’re following me. | 但 它们跟着我 |
[37:47] | You’re not in any danger. They won’t harm you. | 你别害怕 它们不会伤你 |
[37:49] | I’ve seen them kill two men. | 我看见它们杀了两个人 |
[37:51] | They weren’t responsible for those deaths. | 它们不是致死的原因 |
[37:54] | But they might be responsible for ours | 如果你继续拿着枪在充满沼气的工厂 |
[37:56] | if you fire your gun in a plant full of methane gas. | 那可能会对我们两个的死负责 |
[38:00] | Don’t you understand? | 你怎么不明白 |
[38:04] | The bugs, | 那些虫 |
[38:06] | They drive me crazy. | 快让我疯了 |
[38:14] | Let me guess. Bambi. | 让我猜 你是班比 |
[38:17] | Fox told me to wait out here while he checked inside first. | 福克斯叫我外面等 他先去查个究竟 |
[38:22] | Should I come along with you? | 我应该一起去吧 |
[38:25] | No. | 不 |
[38:27] | This is no place for an entomologist. | 这里不关昆虫学者的事 |
[38:32] | Why are these roaches making those weird noises? | 为什么这些蟑螂发出这样奇怪的声音 |
[38:35] | In Madagascar the roaches hiss | 在马达加斯加 蟑螂由于 |
[38:37] | by blowing air through holes in their upper thorax. | 上呼吸道有小孔 充满空气而滋滋作响 |
[38:41] | Really? | 真的 |
[38:43] | How do you know so much about them? | 你怎么知道的 |
[38:46] | I don’t. That’s why we shouldn’t | 不知道 所以我才要抓更多的来研究 |
[38:48] | kill these but capture them for further study. | 而不是杀了它们 |
[38:50] | Put the gun down. | 请放下枪 |
[38:57] | Have I lost my mind? No. | 我疯了 没有 |
[39:00] | You’ve had a very stressful day | 你只是今天压力很大 |
[39:02] | that’s affected your ability to think clearly. | 这影响了你思考的能力 |
[39:04] | Your judgment is a little clouded right now. | 你现在仍然有点困惑 |
[39:07] | It is? | 是吗 |
[39:11] | Then how do I know that you’re not a cockroach? | 谁知道你是不是蟑螂 |
[39:18] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[39:23] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[39:31] | I assure you, Dr Eckerle, | 我想你保证 艾科博士 |
[39:33] | I’m just as human as you are. If not more so. | 我和你一样是人类 没有什么差别 |
[39:40] | You are one of them! | 你是它们中的一员 |
[39:50] | Mulder! Get out! Scully! This whole place could blow! | 穆德 快走 史卡利 这个地方要爆炸了 |
[39:55] | Get down! | 趴下 |
[40:15] | Crap. | 可恶 |
[40:21] | It’s like a crematorium. | 那儿像个火葬场 |
[40:22] | I don’t think we’re gonna locate the doctor’s remains. | 我想那博士死了 |
[40:25] | Or anything else for that matter. | 还有呢 |
[40:27] | It’s not as bad as some of the other fires. | 没有昨晚 火灾严重 |
[40:29] | There were others? Four, to be exact. | 有别的大火 是的 4起 |
[40:32] | Plus 18 automobile accidents, | 再加上18起车祸 |
[40:34] | 13 assault and batteries, two stores were looted. | 13袭击和斗殴 两个商店被洗劫 |
[40:37] | 36 injuries all total, half of ’em from insecticide poisoning. | 36人受伤 一半是中毒引起 |
[40:41] | But we didn’t receive reports on cockroaches | 但是 我们这几个小时 |
[40:44] | or otherwise for the last couple of hours. | 没有收到关于蟑螂的报告 |
[40:46] | Maybe this town’s finally come to its senses. | 也许小镇恢复正常了 |
[40:50] | You two oughta go home and get some rest. | 你们应该回去休息一下 |
[40:52] | You look pooped. | 你们看起来很疲惫 |
[40:55] | Agent Mulder! | 穆德探员 |
[40:57] | They told me I could locate you here. | 他们告诉我在这里可以找到你 |
[41:01] | Those segments you showed me earlier | 你早前给我看的切片 |
[41:04] | may I examine them again? | 我能再研究研究吗 |
[41:06] | Well, they’re completely desiccated. | 它们都脱水了 |
[41:09] | Just like the moulted exoskeleton. | 就像蜕皮的骨骼 |
[41:12] | Many insects don’t develop wings until their last moulting stage. | 直到蜕皮最后阶段 很多昆虫没有翅膀 |
[41:16] | Perhaps these things had their final moult | 无论这些是什么东西 |
[41:19] | And have flown off back to wherever they originated. | 在它们最后一次蜕皮后 会回到原来的地方 |
[41:22] | Yeah, that would explain everything | 这就解释清楚 |
[41:25] | May I borrow this Agent Mullder, for further study? | 我能借这些进一点研究吗 穆德探员 |
[41:28] | I’ve already had a similar sample analysed. | 我也做了类似的样本分析 |
[41:30] | It’s nothing but common metals. | 只是普通的金属而已 |
[41:32] | What do you hope to find from it? | 你想找出什么 |
[41:35] | His destiny. | 它的命运 |
[41:38] | Isn’t that what Dr Zaius said | 那不是佐斯博士 |
[41:40] | to Zira at the end of the Planet of the Apes? | 对佐拉在《人猿星球》的结尾吗 |
[41:43] | It’s one of my favourite movies. | 这是我喜欢的电影 |
[41:46] | Mine too. | 我也是 |
[41:47] | I love science fiction. | 我喜欢科幻片 |
[41:49] | I’m also fascinated by your research. | 我对你的研究很感兴趣 |
[41:52] | Have you considered programming your robots | 你打算发展这些机器人 |
[41:55] | To mimic behaviour of social insects like ants or bees? | 模仿蚂蚁或密蜂的行为 |
[41:58] | As a matter of fact, I have. | 事实上 我有 |
[42:01] | You know, I read in November of ’94 inentomology extreme | 我读了94年11月的极端昆虫学 |
[42:03] | Oh, I remember that | 我记得清楚 |
[42:04] | Your article about colonization | 你的关于克隆 |
[42:06] | Yes, I really enjoyed writing that. | 是的 我很高兴发表了它 |
[42:11] | Smart is sexy. | 聪明就是性感 |
[42:15] | Think of it this way. Mulder. | 想一下 穆德 |
[42:16] | By the time there’s another invasion | 下一次再有外太空人工智能吃粪的机器探测器 |
[42:18] | of artificially intelligent, dungeating robotic probes, | 入侵我们的星球 |
[42:26] | You know, I never thought I’d say this to you, Scully, | 我一直不好意思跟你说 史卡利 |
[42:29] | But you smell bad. | 你闻起来真臭 |
[42:37] | Our cerebral cortex is the greatest achievement | 我们大脑皮层的进化 |
[42:40] | Of the evolutionary processes. Big deal. | 在进化过程取得巨大成就 |
[42:44] | While allowing us intellect and selfconsciousness, | 在让我们感受智力的刺激 和自我意识的痛苦 |
[42:47] | It is all too often overruled by our inner instinctive brain: | 时常被我们大脑的本能反驳 |
[42:51] | the one that tells us to react, | 我们只会反应 |
[42:53] | not reflect, to run rather than ruminate. | 不会思考 只会逃避而不是反思 |
[43:02] | Maybe we have gone as far as we can go, | 也许我们会去到很远的地方 |
[43:04] | and the next advance, Whatever that may be, | 下一次我们去的地方 |
[43:07] | will be made by beings we create using our own tech | 将会是我们亲手制造的 |
[43:17] | Technology. Life forms we can design and program not to be | 技术 生命形态可以被设计 |
[43:21] | Ultimately governed and constricted by the rules of survival. | 但不能永远被操控 而是遵循着生存的原则 |
[43:28] | Perhaps that step has already been achieved on another planet | 也许其他星球早就实现了这一步… |
[43:30] | That had billion years head start in us. | 那些比我们早存在十亿年的微生物 |
[43:35] | If these beings ever visited us, | 如果这些生物拜访我们 |
[43:36] | would we recognise what we were seeing? | 我们能认得出来吗 |
[43:39] | And would they react in anything but horror | 看见我们 这些愚蠢的 原始的 可怕的生物 |
[43:42] | at seeing such mindless, primitive, hideous creatures? | 它们会不会也非常恐慌 |