时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:27] | Yeah, this is Roky. I checked all the connections. | 我是罗奇 已经检查了所有的线路 |
[00:31] | I don’t know why all the power’s down out here. | 我不知道这儿为什么会没电 |
[00:34] | I’m gonna have to come in and get some more equipment. | 我得再去找些工具来 |
[00:38] | Yeah, yeah. Yeah, I’ll need several of those. | 是的 我要几个 |
[00:41] | All right! | 好的 |
[00:47] | I don’t wanna scare you, | 我不想吓你 |
[00:49] | but… I think I’m madly in love with you. | 但我疯狂的爱上你了 |
[00:53] | I mean, you’re all I think about. You’re my whole world. | 我一心直想你 你是我的世界 |
[00:58] | Harold, I like you a lot too, but this is our first date. | 哈罗德 我也很喜欢你 但这是我们第一次约会 |
[01:02] | I mean, I think that we | 我们应该 |
[01:03] | need more time to get to know one another. | 给多点时间相互了解 |
[01:15] | What happened? | 怎么啦 |
[01:25] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[01:28] | Harold! What are those things? | 哈罗德 那是什么 |
[01:31] | How the hell should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[02:18] | – Jack, what is that thing? – How the hell should I know? | 杰克,那是什么 我怎么知道 |
[03:15] | I had never thought much about it before. | 我以前从来没想过 |
[03:18] | I guess that’s because I felt like such an alien myself,… | 因为我觉得自己就是个外星人 |
[03:21] | ..That to be concerned with aliens from… other planets,… | 所以才关注外星人 |
[03:25] | ..That just seemed so… redundant. | 看起来有点多此一举 |
[03:28] | I’d never considered it much myself before I started this job. | 在接手这个工作前 我从来没这么想过 |
[03:32] | Yes, now, if I understand it correctly,… | 如果我了解没错的话 |
[03:35] | ..Your partner is the actual expert? | 你的拍档是个专家吧 |
[03:38] | Yes, and I feel that I must | 张先生 |
[03:40] | apologise for his refusal to speak with you, Mr Chung. | 我为他拒绝和你交谈而道歉 |
[03:43] | I must admit, I probably wouldn’t have myself | 如果不是我欣赏你的作品 |
[03:45] | if I wasn’t such an admirer of your work. | 我也会这样 |
[03:48] | The Lonely Buddha is one of my favourite novels. | 《孤独的佛祖》是我最喜欢的小说 |
[03:52] | And here I was thinking you were just some brainy beauty. | 我开始觉得你美丽又聪慧 |
[03:55] | Now I find out that you also have… good taste. | 现在发现你的品位不错 |
[04:01] | Why did you write a book on alien | 你为什么要写关于外星人绑架的书 |
[04:03] | abduction if you’re not that interested in the subject? | 你对这方面感兴趣吗 |
[04:06] | Actually, it was my publisher’s idea. | 这是出版商的意见 |
[04:09] | At first I was reluctant, | 我勉强同意 |
[04:10] | until I realised that I had an opportunity here… | 直到我意识到这是创造 |
[04:13] | ..To create an entirely new literary genre: | 新文学的好机会 |
[04:17] | a nonfiction science fiction. | 非科幻的科幻小说 |
[04:19] | Now, see, that gimmick alone | 题材新颖 |
[04:21] | will guarantee its landing on the best-seller list. | 保证它能成为畅销小说 |
[04:24] | In short, to answer your question… money. | 简而言之 就是钱 |
[04:29] | Just as long as you’re attempting to record the truth. | 你尝试记录真相 |
[04:32] | God, no! How can I possibly do that? | -我怎么能做到 |
[04:35] | – What do you mean? – I spent three months in Klass County. | -为什么 我花了三星期在克拉斯郡 |
[04:38] | Everybody has a different version of what “Truly” Happened. | 那儿的人对发生的事各有各说法 |
[04:42] | Truth is as subjective as reality. | 所谓的真相就是主观的真相 |
[04:44] | That will help explain why, | 怪不得 |
[04:46] | when people talk about their UFO experiences,… | 人们在谈论U.F.0经历时 |
[04:49] | ..They always start off with | 他们总是这样开头的 |
[04:51] | “I know how crazy this is gonna sound, but…” | “我知道听起来很疯狂 但是” |
[04:54] | So, you’re here to get my version of the truth? | 那你来这是想听听我对真相的看法 |
[04:59] | Exactly. Now, when did you first find out about the case? | 是的 你什么时候接手这个案子的 |
[05:04] | Well, not right away, of course. Um… | 当然不是立刻 |
[05:07] | Not enough time had elapsed | 对于一件失踪案来说 |
[05:09] | to consider it a missing persons case… | 时间是最宝贵的 |
[05:11] | ..Before the girl was found the following morning. | 第二天早上找到那女孩子了… |
[05:15] | She was suffering from what my partner calls “Missing time | 她经历了我拍档说的“消失的时间”… |
[05:18] | She recalled nothing of the previous night, | 她对前一晚的事一点也想不起来 |
[05:21] | nor how she had arrived at her whereabouts. | 她也不知道怎么到了那里 |
[05:24] | Her body exhibited signs of physical abuse,… | 她的身体显示被虐待过 |
[05:27] | ..And all of her clothes were on inside out and backwards. | 所有衣服都很凌乱 |
[05:32] | Hm. Have I had my share of mornings like that | 真希望我也能看到 |
[05:36] | But these are the characteristics of someone who has, uh… | 但这些特征… |
[05:40] | Do you prefer the term “Abductee” Or “Experiencer”? | 你觉得“被绑架者” 还是“经历者”好一点 |
[05:44] | Actually, I prefer neither, but my partner uses “Abductee”. | 我拍档用“被绑架者” |
[05:48] | My preference is for the other. | 我喜欢另一个 |
[05:50] | “I’ve just had a, uh… little alien experience”… | “我有过接触外星人的经验” |
[05:54] | ..As opposed to “I’ve just been abducted!” | 这比“我被绑架”好听 |
[05:57] | Regardless, the girl was considered neither at the time. | 但是 那个女孩被认为不是这两种情况 |
[06:01] | She appeared more to be | 她被认为 |
[06:02] | the victim of date rape than anything else. | 约会时被强奸了 |
[06:06] | She was given a physical exam and her statement was taken. | 对她进行了身体检查 掌握了她的精神状态 |
[06:11] | Later that night, she received her “Visitation | 那天晚天,她家里来了访客 |
[06:58] | – Oh, Chrissy, thank God you’re all right. | 啊 克里茜 你没事吧 |
[07:00] | – How dare you come here? | 你怎么敢来这 |
[07:02] | – Chrissy, I did everything I could! | 我尽了很努力 |
[07:04] | – Don’t I know it, you bastard! | -我怎么不知道 混蛋 |
[07:06] | – Chrissy, don’t you remember? | -你不记得了吗 |
[07:08] | – Who the hell’s out there, damn it?! | 谁在外面 妈的 |
[07:10] | Chrissy, I love you! | 克里茜 我爱你 |
[07:13] | The girl’s father informed the police, | 那女孩的爸爸报了警 |
[07:16] | who apprehended the boy back at his home. | 在他回家的路上被抓住 |
[07:20] | We… We were abducted by aliens. | 我们被外星人绑架 |
[07:24] | You don’t sound so sure of it. | 你好象不很肯定 |
[07:27] | It all seems so crazy. | 一切太疯狂了 |
[07:29] | And I don’t know why Chrissy doesn’t remember it. | 我不知道克里茜为什么记不起来 |
[07:32] | Are you willing to take a | 要对你进行 测谎 |
[07:34] | lie-detector test to prove you were abducted by aliens? | 证实你被外星人绑架到外太空吗 |
[07:39] | Yes, I am. | -是的 |
[07:40] | Well, too bad! Cos I don’t need no lie detector to tell me… | -太糟了 看来不用测谎仪就知道 |
[07:43] | ..The only thing you were | 被绑架完全是 |
[07:45] | abducted by were your rampaging hormones, you punk! | 你喷发的荷尔蒙臆想出来 流氓 |
[07:50] | But he did take a test, and passed it? | 但他通过了测试吗 |
[07:53] | And he stuck to his stay, until we got there. | 他坚持他的说法…直到我们到那 |
[07:58] | If she says I raped her, then I guess I raped her. | 她说强奸 我就认了 |
[08:01] | You don’t sound so sure of that. | 你好像不很确定 |
[08:04] | It all seems so crazy. | 因为不像真的 |
[08:07] | And I don’t know why Chrissy remembers it that way. | 我不知道克里茜说的和我不同 |
[08:11] | Would you be willing to take | 你愿意测谎来 |
[08:13] | a lie-detector test to prove that you raped her? | 证明你强奸她妈 |
[08:16] | – No. I’m not. – Well, that’s too bad. | 不 我不愿意 那更糟 |
[08:20] | The next rape you experience | 因为下一次强奸 |
[08:21] | will probably be your own… in prison. | 你会在监狱里经历 |
[08:24] | That should have ended our interrogation. | 审问本该就这样结束 |
[08:26] | But Mulder brought the girl in for questioning. | 但穆德审问那个女孩 |
[08:30] | Are you having trouble sleeping? | 你有睡眠问题吗 |
[08:33] | Are you experiencing muscle pains? Vision problems? | 你肌肉疼痛过吗 视觉有问题吗 |
[08:40] | Nose bleeds? When you look at a particular object,… | 流鼻血吗 |
[08:43] | ..Do you receive the sudden flash | 当你看到一件特别东西时 |
[08:45] | that you’re looking at something else – an alien’s face? | 你会突然想像成另一件东西吗 -比如外星人的脸 |
[08:49] | Yes! | -是的 |
[08:50] | My partner was convinced she | 所以我拍档坚信她… |
[08:52] | had what he calls “Post-Abduction Syndrome”. | 患了所谓“绑架后综合症” |
[08:56] | You don’t believe in that? | 你不相信吗 |
[08:58] | I think stress of any kind | 压力都会 |
[08:59] | can cause all of those physical ailments. | 引起这样的幻觉 |
[09:02] | In any case, Mulder convinced | 穆德说服她和她父母 |
[09:04] | the girl and her parents to let her be hypnotised. | 对她进行催眠治疗 |
[09:07] | What is your opinion of hypnosis? | 你的意见呢 |
[09:11] | I know that it has its therapeutic value, | 我知道它的医疗价值 |
[09:13] | but it has never been proven to enhance memory. | 但这和加强记忆没有关系 |
[09:17] | In fact, it actually worsens it,… | 实际上 会使情况更糟 |
[09:19] | ..Since people in that state are prone to confabulation. | 因为在那种状态下 人会倾向于虚构一些事实 |
[09:23] | When I was doing research for my book The Caligarian Candidate… | 当我在写《卡里格伦候选人》 继续调查时 |
[09:27] | One of the greatest thrillers ever written. | 最伟大的恐怖小说之一 |
[09:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:33] | I was interested in how the CIA,… | 我对CIA在进行思想控制实验中 |
[09:37] | ..When conducting their MKULTRA mind-control experiments… | 把人的思想带回50年代 |
[09:42] | ..Back in the ’50s,… | 很感兴趣 |
[09:44] | ..Had no idea how hypnosis worked. | 我对催眠术一点也不了解 |
[09:49] | – Or what it was. – No one still knows. | 是怎么回事 -没人知道 |
[09:54] | Still, as a storyteller,… | -作为小说家 |
[09:57] | ..I’m fascinated. | 我很惊叹 |
[09:59] | How a person’s sense of consciousness can be so transformed… | 人的自觉意识 |
[10:06] | ..By nothing more magical than listening to words. | 只是通过聆听一些文字 |
[10:12] | Mere words. | 仅仅是文字 就能改变 |
[10:18] | Very relaxed. | 你感到睡意 很放松 |
[10:21] | As your body calmly drifts… | 你的身体轻轻的摇 |
[10:23] | ..Deeper and deeper into a state of peaceful relaxation,… | 越来越沉 进入非常放松的状态 |
[10:30] | ..You will respond only to the sound of my voice. | 你只听到我的声音 |
[10:34] | Chrissy? Can you recall where you are? | 克里茜 你记得你在哪里吗 |
[10:41] | I’m in a room… | 我在一间房里 |
[10:44] | ..On a spaceship,… | 我在宇宙飞船上 |
[10:47] | ..Surrounded by aliens. | 周围都是外星人 |
[10:49] | What do the aliens look like? | 那些外星人长什么样 |
[10:52] | They’re small. | 他们很小 |
[10:54] | But their heads and their eyes are big. They’re grey. | 但头和眼睛很大 他们是灰色的 |
[11:04] | But… he seems really out of it. | 但他好象不知道一样 |
[11:08] | Like he’s not really there. | 好像不在那里一样 |
[11:11] | What are the aliens doing now? | 外星人在干什么 |
[11:14] | They seem to be… arguing. | 他们在争论 |
[11:18] | I can sort of hear them, | 我听到他们说话 但不知道他们说什么 |
[11:25] | Except the leader. I can understand him. | 除了那个领导者 我能明白他 |
[11:29] | When the leader speaks to you, does his mouth move? | 那人对你说什么 他嘴巴动了吗 |
[11:34] | No. But I hear him in my head. | 没有 但我听得见 |
[11:38] | What does he say? | 他说什么 |
[11:41] | That this is for the good of my planet, but… | 他说是为了我们星球好,但… |
[11:44] | But what? | 但什么 |
[11:46] | I don’t like what he’s doing. | 我不喜欢他要干的事 |
[11:48] | It’s like he’s inside my mind, like… | 他进入我的脑袋,像… |
[11:54] | ..Like he’s stealing my memories. | 像偷走了我记忆 |
[12:02] | The description of the aliens, the physical exam,… | 关于外星人 体检 扫描大脑的描述 |
[12:05] | ..A human being that appears switched off, | 和另外一个人 无知觉的存在 |
[12:07] | it’s characteristic of a typical abduction. | 这是典型的绑架特征 |
[12:10] | That’s my problem with it, Mulder. It’s all a little too typical. | 我疑惑的是 这也有点太典型了 |
[12:13] | Abduction lore has become so prevalent… | 绑架的故事在社会上这么流行 |
[12:16] | ..That if you ask someone to imagine being abducted, | 每个人都能想像自己被绑架的情形 |
[12:19] | they’d concoct that exact scenario. | 他们捏造的情形都是一样的 |
[12:21] | Yeah, if it were only one person. | 是的 如果只有一个人被绑架 |
[12:23] | We have two individuals, each verifying the other’s story. | 我们有两个证人印证了对方的故事 |
[12:26] | Well, thanks a lot! You really bleeped up this case. | 谢谢你 这个案子你给了不少启示 |
[12:30] | – He didn’t actually say “Bleeped”. | 当然了 但他不说启示 |
[12:32] | He said… – I’m familiar with, uh… | 他还说 我了解 |
[12:35] | ..Detective Manners’s colourful phraseology. | 曼纳斯侦探 天花乱坠的说辞 |
[12:40] | – Are you gonna hold the boy? | 还要关那男孩 |
[12:41] | – You bet your blankety-blank bleep I am! | 你以为我相信这些荒谬的故事 |
[12:44] | – The victim seems to confirm his alibi. – The hell she did! | 受害者已证实了他的说法 |
[12:47] | Those kids’ stories couldn’t be more bleepin’ different. | 她说的故事不能更传奇了 |
[13:13] | Chrissy? Chrissy? | 克里茜 克里茜 |
[13:29] | – What do you want with us?! – How did the alien respond? | 你要我们干什么 那个外星人怎么回答的 |
[13:34] | Well… all he did was… | 他只是… |
[13:49] | What…? | 什么 |
[13:53] | – What’s happening? – Don’t worry. It’ll be OK. | -发生什么事了 -别担心 |
[13:56] | I’m here to protect you. I’ll never let anything happen to you. | 我会保护你 我不会让任何事情发生 |
[14:07] | What was the other alien – | 那个外星人呢 |
[14:08] | the grey – what was it doing during all this? | 小灰人 这期间在做什么 |
[14:11] | He was just… talking. | 他在说话 |
[14:14] | Telepathically? | 用电波 |
[14:17] | No. In English. He just | 不 用英语 |
[14:18] | kept saying the same thing over and over again. | 他不停在说着同一件事 |
[14:22] | This is not happening. This is not happening. | 这没有发生 |
[14:25] | This is not happening. This is… | -这没发生 |
[14:28] | Would you shut up already?! | -你能闭嘴吗 |
[14:36] | This is not happening. This is not happening. | 这没有发生 |
[14:39] | I don’t know where I was taken, | 我不知道被带去哪 |
[14:41] | because the whole time I was like this… in pain. | 因为整个过程都这样 很痛 |
[14:45] | Because the other alien | 另外一个外星人 |
[14:47] | was conducting torturous experiments on you? | 对你进行实验 |
[14:49] | No. No, it was like… You know when you’re a kid… | 不 就像小时候无缘无故地 |
[14:52] | ..And you tore the legs off a bug for no reason? | 把虫的腿折掉一样 |
[14:57] | I guess I was the bug. | 我想我就是只虫子 |
[14:59] | Anyways, the next thing I remember, I was suddenly outside,… | 接下来我记得我到了外面 |
[15:04] | ..Like I was flying through the air. | 就象在天空中飞翔一样 |
[15:06] | – Then what? – Then I think I hit the ground. | 接着呢 我好像撞到了地板 |
[15:09] | When I came to, I ran to Chrissy’s | 我立刻跑去看克里茜 |
[15:11] | to make sure she was there, and that she was OK. | 看她在不在那里 有没有事 |
[15:14] | Harold. Did you and Chrissy | 哈罗德 那晚你和克里茜 |
[15:16] | engage in consensual sexual intercourse that night? | 自愿发生性行为了吗 |
[15:26] | If her father finds out, I’m a dead man. | 如果她爸爸发现 我死定了 |
[15:29] | He said it happened before the abduction. | 他说是发生在绑架之前 |
[15:32] | And so what if they had sex? | 那么他们怎么发生性行为呢 |
[15:34] | So we know that it wasn’t an alien that probed her. | 所以说那不是外星人做实验 |
[15:37] | You’ve got two kids having | 这两个未成年的孩子 |
[15:38] | sex before they’re mature enough to handle it. | 发生性行为 |
[15:41] | So you think all this is just a case of sexual trauma? | 你说这是一起性创伤的案子 |
[15:44] | It’s a lot more plausible than an alien abduction. | 总比外星人绑架可信吧 |
[15:47] | Especially in light of their contradictory stories. | 特别是他们自相矛盾的陈述 |
[15:51] | Hey! I just got a call from some crazy bleep-head… | 有个疯子给我打电话来 |
[15:54] | ..Claiming he was an eyewitness to this abduction. | 说他看到了外星人的绑架 |
[15:57] | You feel like talking to this blank-hole? | 你要和这混蛋说话吗 |
[16:00] | I know how crazy all this sounds, but I don’t care. | 我知道这很不合常理 |
[16:04] | What I have to say has to be said. | 我一定要说出来 |
[16:07] | Why did you wait till now to tell us this? | 为什么到现在才说出来 |
[16:09] | Two kids’ lives may be affected by it. | 这牵涉到两个孩子的生命 |
[16:11] | Well, it’s bigger than a couple of kids. | 这比孩子的事大 |
[16:14] | It has to do with the entire planet, | 事关这个星球 这个宇宙 |
[16:16] | the universe, and who knows what-all? | 谁知道 |
[16:18] | – Why don’t you tell us what happened? – This. It’s all here. | 事发当晚你怎么不说 全在这儿 |
[16:24] | After seeing what I saw that night, | 看见后 我就跑回家把它写下来 |
[16:26] | I rushed home and wrote it all down. | 连续48个小时不停 我不想把细节忘了 |
[16:27] | 48 hours straight. I didn’t wanna forget a single detail. | 我要警告你 |
[16:34] | But I feel I should warn you. | 我不想吓你 |
[16:35] | I don’t wanna be overly dramatic,… | 看了这个后 你的生命就有危险了 |
[16:37] | ..But by looking at this you’re putting your lives in danger. | 为什么 因为昨晚发生的奇怪的事 |
[16:41] | – Why is that? – Last night the weirdest thing happened. | 金星经常 |
[17:07] | No other object has been misidentified as a flying saucer… | 被当做不明飞行物 |
[17:11] | ..More often then the planet Venus. | 真的 |
[17:14] | Really? | 这就是我觉得奇怪的地方 |
[17:16] | That… was when I realised something was weird. | 哪方面 |
[17:20] | At which point? | 正常情况下 |
[17:22] | Normally, if two strangers drive into my garage, | 如果有人开车到我车库里 |
[17:24] | I tell ’em to get the hell out of it. | 我会叫他滚蛋 |
[17:26] | But this time I didn’t! | 但这次我没有 |
[17:28] | It was like I was in a trance or somethin’. | 我好像精神恍惚一样 |
[17:30] | – What did these men look like? – Usually I’m good with faces. | 这些人长什么样 通常我过目不忘 |
[17:34] | But I just remember how they were dressed. | 但这次我只记得他们穿什么 |
[17:36] | All in black? | 都穿黑衣服 |
[17:44] | – How’d you know? – Since the ’50s,… | 你怎么知道 五十年代以来 |
[17:46] | ..People who’ve had close encounters | 很多人都和这些穿黑衣的外星人 |
[17:48] | have reported visitations from “Men in Black”. | 有亲密的接触 |
[17:53] | But, you know, myths about men in black garments… | 你知道 在不同文化的历史中 |
[17:56] | ..Have been recorded throughout history, in many cultures. | 都有记载黑衣人的一些传说 |
[17:59] | The Celtic legends are filled with trickster men in black,… | 凯尔特人传说中 骗子是穿黑衣服的 |
[18:03] | ..And how anyone who encounters them becomes enchanted. | 谁遇到他们都会被迷得五迷三道的 |
[18:08] | I’m not sure that modern reconstruction of fairy tales… | 可惜的是 拿古代的神话说事 |
[18:11] | ..Lends any more credence to Roky’s testimony. | 对罗奇的证言没什么作用 |
[18:17] | Even the former leader… | 即使是美国的前总统… |
[18:19] | ..Of your United States of America, James Earl Carter Jr,… | 吉米·艾尔·卡特 |
[18:24] | ..Thought he saw a UFO once. | 他也以为看见过UF0 |
[18:27] | But it’s been proven he only saw the planet Venus. | 但后来证明他看到的是金星 |
[18:34] | – I’m a Republican. – | 我是共和党人 |
[18:36] | Venus was at its peak brilliance last night. | 昨晚金星是最亮的 |
[18:39] | You probably thought you saw | 你以为看见了别的东西 |
[18:41] | something up in the sky other than Venus,… | 其实那是 |
[18:43] | ..But I assure you, it was Venus. | 金星 |
[18:47] | I know… | 我知道我 |
[18:50] | ..What I saw. | 看见了什么 |
[18:51] | Your scientists have yet to discover how neural networks | 你们的科学家还在研究 |
[18:54] | create self-consciousness,… | 神经系统是怎么产生自我意识的 |
[18:57] | ..Let alone how the human | 不管人脑 |
[18:58] | brain processes two-dimensional retinal images… | 是可以把二维形象 |
[19:02] | ..Into the three-dimensional phenomenon known as perception. | 转化为三维形象的感知 |
[19:07] | Yet you somehow brazenly declare: | 但你难道要大胆地宣布 |
[19:11] | “Seeing is believing”? | 眼见为实吗 |
[19:16] | Mr Crikenson, your scientific illiteracy makes me shudder. | 克里金森先生 你的科幻小说让我胆寒 |
[19:22] | And I wouldn’t flaunt your ignorance by telling anyone… | 我不能让你无知地告诉别人… |
[19:26] | ..That you saw anything last night other than the planet Venus. | 你竟然看到的 不是金星 |
[19:32] | Because if you do, you’re a dead man. | 如果这样那你就死定了 |
[19:39] | You can’t threaten me. | 你威胁不了我 |
[19:41] | I just did. | 试试看 |
[19:56] | This is what they wanted me not to show anyone. | 这就他们不想我给你们看的东西 |
[20:04] | Now, if you’ll excuse me… I have to go pack. | 不好意思 我得去收拾东西了 |
[20:08] | – If we need you, where can we find you? – You won’t find me. | 有问题怎么找你 去哪找你 你找不到我的 |
[20:18] | “I sat in my stalled truck, frozen in terror,… | “我坐在卡车上 身陷恐惧之中 |
[20:21] | ..Watching, as this third | 看着一个外星人袭击 |
[20:23] | alien attacked the other two grey aliens.” | 另外两个外星人 |
[20:26] | “And then it happened. The thing that for ever changed my life.” | 接着发生的事永远改变了我的人生” |
[20:54] | Roky! | 罗奇 |
[20:56] | Roky! | 罗奇 |
[20:59] | Be thou not afraid. | 你别害怕 |
[21:01] | – No harm will come unto thee. – What do you want with me? | 我们不会伤害你的 你们想干什么 |
[21:06] | Your efforts are needed for the survival of all earthlings. | 需要你来拯救人类 |
[21:11] | – Well, how can I do that? – Come. I shall showeth… | 我要怎么做 过来 我做给你看 |
[21:16] | “..Thee.” | 在我意识到前 |
[21:18] | “Before I knew it, I was aboard | 我上了一个飞船 |
[21:19] | the hover vessel and was heading into inner space,… | 并不是飞向外太空 |
[21:23] | ..Toward the earth’s molten core, | 而是进入了地表 来到了燃烧的地核 |
[21:25] | for that is the domain of the third alien,… | 领头的第三个外星人 |
[21:29] | ..Whose name, he soon told me, was Lord Kinbote.” | 他告诉我他叫做 金博特勋爵 |
[21:36] | Roky showed signs of being | 简单的说 |
[21:38] | what is known as a fantasy-prone personality. | 罗奇看到的是自己的想像 |
[21:40] | Agent Scully, you are so kind-hearted. | 史卡利探员 你太善良了 |
[21:44] | – He’s a nut! I just read his manifesto. | 他是疯子 我看过他手稿 |
[21:46] | – How did you get a copy? | 你怎么有的 |
[21:48] | One was sent to my publisher’s. | 有人送给我出版商 |
[21:50] | I don’t know what was most disturbing – | 我不知道这有多荒谬 |
[21:52] | his description of the | 他描绘的 |
[21:54] | inner-core reincarnated souls’ sex orgy,… | 地核重树灵魂的性聚会 |
[21:58] | ..Or the fact that the | 这些都 |
[22:00] | whole thing is written in screenplay format. | 写成了电影剧本 |
[22:02] | It definitely was peculiar. | 这很特别 |
[22:04] | Surely your partner didn’t believe any of it? | 你拍档一定不相信那些 |
[22:07] | Mulder’s had his share of peculiar notions. | 穆德有独特的观点 |
[22:10] | He’s not inclined to dismiss anything outright. | 他不想漏了一点细节 |
[22:13] | – Mulder, you’re nuts! – I’m not saying he isn’t delusional. | 你是疯子 我没说他不是幻想出来的 |
[22:16] | I’m suggesting that state was | 他的幻想 |
[22:18] | triggered by something he witnessed that night. | 是受那晚所见而激发出来的 |
[22:21] | Part of his story verifies the boy’s version. | 故事的开始部分证实了男孩的说法 |
[22:23] | The only account that doesn’t add up is the girl’s. | 却和女孩子的说法不一致 |
[22:27] | – Who are you calling? – I’m gonna have her re-hypnotised. | 你打给谁 我要让她再催眠一次 |
[22:30] | Re-hypnotised? What for? | 为什么 |
[22:32] | To see if her account is what she really remembers. | 弄明白她真实记忆 |
[22:37] | You are feeling very sleepy. | 你感到了睡意 |
[22:39] | Very relaxed. | 很放松 |
[22:42] | As your body calmly drifts… | 身体开始轻轻地摇 |
[22:44] | ..Deeper and deeper into a state of peaceful relaxation,… | 进入一个平和放松的状态 |
[22:50] | ..You will respond only to the sound of my voice. | 只听到我的声音 |
[22:54] | So, the girl was put under | 让她重新催眠 |
[22:58] | And, as I suspected she might under such conditions, she did. | 她在这样的状态下 我估计她会的 |
[23:02] | The whole time it’s beating me, I’m like this. | 这个过程都是折磨我 我喜欢这一切 |
[23:08] | And then I’m… I’m flying through the air. | 我飞过了天空 |
[23:12] | Now what’s happening? | 发生了什么 |
[23:14] | Some men are lifting me off the ground. | 有人把我带离地面 |
[23:19] | – Men in air-force uniforms. – Air force? | 穿空军服装的 空军 |
[23:22] | Where are you now, Chrissy? | 你去了哪 克里茜 |
[23:30] | I’m surrounded by men. | 被人包围 |
[23:32] | Some are in uniforms. Some are in suits. | 有人穿制服 有人穿西装 |
[23:37] | The one closest to me looks like a doctor. | 最靠近的像是个医生 他和我说话 |
[23:40] | – He’s talking to me. – What is he saying? | 他说了什么 |
[23:44] | You’re feeling very sleepy. Very relaxed. | 你感到睡意 很放松… |
[23:50] | I don’t remember. | 我记不起来了 |
[23:52] | – What are the other men doing? – Arguing. | 其他人在干什么 他们在争论 |
[23:56] | Ask her if the third alien had a Russian accent. | 问她第三个外星人是不是有俄国口音 |
[23:58] | This is way beyond their capabilities. | 他们没有这样的能力 |
[24:01] | This is way beyond our capabilities. | 我们也没有 |
[24:03] | Ask if she knows where the saucer went to. | 问她小灰人的飞碟到那去了 |
[24:06] | – How is she gonna know that? – Have we located the others? | 她怎么知道 找到其他人了吗 |
[24:09] | We’re combing the area, but this weather makes it tough. | 我们正在查找这个地区 但是天气太恶劣了 |
[24:18] | All right. | 好吧 给她洗脑 |
[24:20] | Rinse her out, and give her the usual abduction rigamarole. | 就让她以为被绑架了 |
[24:25] | What is the doctor doing now? | 医生做了什么 |
[24:28] | He’s telling me this is for the good of my country. | 他说这是为了我们国家好 |
[24:32] | I don’t like what he’s doing. | 我不喜欢他做的 |
[24:36] | He’s stealing my memories. | 他偷了我的记忆 |
[24:43] | I think you and the hypnotherapist were leading her,… | 穆德 你和催眠师在诱导她 |
[24:46] | ..And that there was more confabulation in the second version. | 比第一次 更多虚构的东西 |
[24:49] | I think you’re wrong. But I think you’re right about… | 你错了 但有一点你说对了 |
[24:52] | ..This case not having anything to do with aliens. | 这案子和外星人无关 |
[24:58] | claiming he found a real live dead alien body. | 嗨 有个疯子给了我电话 说他发现了真正的外星人尸体 |
[25:08] | I know how crazy this is gonna sound, but… | 我知道不合常理 |
[25:11] | ..I wanna be abducted by aliens. | 我很想被外星人绑架 |
[25:14] | Why? Whatever for? | 为什么 |
[25:17] | I hate this town. I hate… people. | 我恨这个地方 恨这里的人 |
[25:22] | I just wanna be taken away to some place where I… | 我想被带到别的地方 |
[25:26] | ..I don’t have to worry about finding a job. | 不必担心工作问题 |
[25:29] | – So you were out in the field that night? – Looking for UFOs. | 所以你那晚到外面去 去寻找UF0 |
[25:35] | There’d been some recent sightings there, | 那地方附近有些迹象 |
[25:37] | so I was hoping to stumble across one. | 我想碰到一个外星人 |
[25:47] | ..Not because I had to, but because I wanted to. | 因为我喜欢 |
[25:50] | I should have known to just go get my video camera then,… | 我应该带摄影机来 |
[25:54] | ..Instead of “Notifying the proper authorities”. | 而不用通知有关部门 |
[25:58] | What was wrong with doing that? | 为什么 |
[26:00] | The proper authorities showed up with a couple of Men in Black. | 因有关部门都穿着黑衣服 |
[26:05] | One of them was disguised as a woman, but wasn’t pulling it off. | 有一个伪装成妇女 但却不像 |
[26:09] | Like, her hair was red,… | 头发是红色 |
[26:12] | ..But it was a little too red, you know? | 但红过头了 |
[26:14] | And the other one – the tall, lanky one – | 另外一个 瘦高个 |
[26:18] | his face was so blank and expression/e33, | 面无表情 |
[26:24] | l… I think he was a “Mandroid”. | 不像人类 我想他是个人形机器人 |
[26:26] | The only time he reacted was when he saw the dead body. | 他唯一的反应是在看到那尸体后 |
[26:31] | Yeah, that’s a bleepin’ | 就是那具外星死尸 |
[26:32] | dead alien body if I ever bleepin’ saw one. | 我刚见也是那个表情 |
[26:35] | Wrap it up. | -包起来 -一个人行吗 |
[26:46] | You never saw this. This didn’t happen. | 你什么也没看见 什么也没发生 |
[26:48] | You tell anyone, you’re a dead man. | 告诉别人你就死定了 |
[26:51] | – He said I said what? – He claimed you threatened him. | 他问我说了什么 我访问他的时候 他说你威胁他 |
[26:55] | That’s ridiculous! I’m… And besides, | 真荒谬 相反 |
[26:58] | we allowed him to view the autopsy. | 我还允许他看解剖 |
[27:04] | Whoa! | -喔 |
[27:05] | – Hey! Hey! – You can’t suppress the truth! | -嗨 你不能掩盖真相 |
[27:08] | The people have a right to know! Roswell. Roswell! | 人们有权知道 |
[27:12] | Hey! | -罗斯维尔 -嗨 |
[27:14] | Does that camera work? | 那摄像机能用吗 |
[27:30] | Is this actual footage of the alien autopsy,… | 这是真的解剖记录 |
[27:34] | ..Or simply a well-made hoax? | 这是人造骗局呢 |
[27:38] | So this is footage of the actual autopsy you performed? | 这是你解剖真实记录吗 |
[27:42] | It’s so embarrassing. | 真尴尬 |
[27:48] | Who is that mysterious man | 那个看了整个过程的神秘男人是谁 |
[27:50] | who seems to be overseeing the proceedings? | 这个解剖医生为 |
[27:53] | And what secret government | 哪个情报部门 |
[27:55] | agency does this autopsy doctor work for? | 工作呢 |
[27:58] | But, see, whoever got a | 谁剪辑了这些镜头 |
[27:59] | hold of this footage edited it in such a way… | 也是他删掉了 |
[28:02] | ..As to delete all the significant findings. | 重大的发现 |
[28:05] | There appear to be two layers of epidermis. | 有两层表皮 |
[28:09] | There’s a metal strip… | 有金属条 |
[28:11] | that runs just under the top layer, down the… | 就在第一层下面 |
[28:19] | It’s a zipper. | 是条拉链 |
[28:41] | You mean it… it’s just a dead human being? | 你的意思是 他只是个死人吗 |
[28:46] | Well… | 嗯 |
[28:50] | Well, then, who is this bleep? | 他是谁 |
[28:52] | I don’t know, but I bet we | 我想可以在军队资料里 |
[28:54] | can find his ID from the military database. | 找到他的身份 |
[29:02] | – Have you seen our video cameraman? | 你看了我们的录像男了吗 |
[29:03] | – No, but I found our alien’s ID. | 没有 但我发现了外星人的身份 |
[29:05] | You were right, Mulder. Air Force Major Robert Vallee. | -是空军少校罗伯特·威力 |
[29:08] | That was fast. | -真快 |
[29:13] | Agent Mulder? | 穆德探员 |
[29:16] | We were notified one of our officers was here under your custody? | 听说我们的军官被拘禁 |
[29:19] | Who notified you? | -谁说的 |
[29:21] | Major Vallee’s AWOL, sir. | -罗伯特·威力少校是擅离职守 |
[29:23] | Our orders are to escort him back to the base. | 我们要把他送回基地 |
[29:25] | The major is dead. His body is being detained for investigation. | 他死了 尸体要留下进一步调查 |
[29:29] | – Investigation into what, ma’am? – Possible kidnapping. | 调查什么 可能是绑架 |
[29:33] | – May we at least view the body? – I don’t see why n… | 至少让我们确认尸体 我看可以 |
[29:36] | No. But you can talk to the | 不 你可以和他一起的飞行员谈 |
[29:40] | Lieutenant Jack Sheaffer is in your custody? | 杰克中尉也被抓了 |
[29:42] | That’s right. Yeah, he’s right down… here. | 就在这儿 |
[29:46] | Oh. He was here just a few minutes ago. | 他刚才还在 |
[29:49] | I… I guess he’s still AWOL. | 我想他还是擅离职守了 |
[29:54] | You wanna take a look at Vallee? | 你想看一下威力吗 |
[30:03] | Hm. Guess he’s still AWOL. | 可能他还是擅离职守了 |
[30:08] | – So what else is new? – I gotta find that video guy. | 什么新情况 我要去找录像男 |
[30:14] | The wound is situated left… | 伤口在腹部 组织被撕开 |
[30:24] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[30:28] | Hey! You can’t… What do you think you’re doin’? | 嗨 你们要干什么 |
[30:32] | Hey, I… | 嗨 |
[30:40] | You have no right to suppress this! Roswell! Roswell! | 你们不能拿走 罗斯维尔 |
[30:47] | I was unconscious for… I don’t know how long. | 不 我不知道晕了多久 |
[30:50] | And the only reason I came to was… | 我醒来的原因… |
[30:54] | – Where’s the tape? – They took it! | -录像带在哪 -他们拿走了 |
[30:57] | – Who?! – The other Men in Black. | 谁 穿黑衣服的人 |
[31:01] | If I find out you lied to me, you’re a dead man. | 你撒谎我就杀了你 |
[31:06] | And then he left. | 接着他离开了 |
[31:09] | I never saw any of them again. | 我没再见过他们了 |
[31:11] | Aren’t you nervous telling me all this, | 你收到这么多死亡威胁 |
[31:14] | after receiving all those death threats? | 还敢告诉我 |
[31:16] | I didn’t spend years playing Dungeons and Dragons… | 我玩几年的龙与地下城 |
[31:19] | ..And not learn a little something about courage. | 练就的胆量 |
[31:23] | Hm. | 噢 |
[31:25] | After not recovering the tape, Mulder headed back to the motel. | 没抓到到带子 穆德回到了旅馆 |
[31:29] | That’s when his account of things gets a little… odd. | 他发现奇怪的事 |
[31:43] | Lieutenant Jack Sheaffer? | 杰克·谢菲尔中尉 |
[31:50] | This is not happening! It’s not happening! | 这没有发生 |
[31:54] | This is not happening. It’s not happening. | 什么也没发生 |
[31:57] | It’s not happening. | 什么也没发生 |
[32:02] | The Germans projected the image of the Virgin Mary… | 德国人在一次大战在法国战壕 |
[32:05] | ..Over French trenches in World War I. | 投影了圣母玛利亚的形象 |
[32:07] | The enemy’s always willing to fire upon an invading force,… | 敌人会向入侵者开火 |
[32:11] | ..But on a holy miracle? | 但一个伟大的奇迹 |
[32:15] | Or on visitors from outer space? | 或者是天外来客 |
[32:18] | Yeah. The enemy sees an | 是的 敌人看见一架美国侦察机 |
[32:20] | American recon plane, they start shootin’. | 就向它开枪 |
[32:23] | They see a flying saucer from another galaxy,… | 他们看见一个飞碟 |
[32:27] | ..They hesitate. | 他们犹豫了 |
[32:31] | You know what happens to most people after seeing a UFO? | 看见UF0后 你知道人的有什么反应吗 |
[32:35] | They experience missing time. | 他们会迷失时间 |
[32:38] | Any number of soft-option kills’ll do it. | 很多简单的武器都可以做到 |
[32:42] | Nerve gas, low-frequency infrasound beams. | 神经毒气 低频率 超音速 |
[32:47] | Hell, with high-powered microwaves,… | 高能微波 |
[32:50] | ..We can not only cut enemy communications,… | 我们不仅能够切断敌人的联系 |
[32:53] | ..We can cook internal organs. | 还能损坏他们的器官 |
[32:57] | But abductions? | 但绑架呢 |
[33:00] | Don’t know as much about ’em. | 我不知道这么多 |
[33:03] | I’m just the pilot. | 我只是个飞行员 |
[33:06] | You ever flown a flying saucer? | 你开过飞碟吗 |
[33:11] | Afterwards, sex seems trite. | 那感觉 总之性不值一提 |
[33:15] | But what do you do with the abductees? | 你对被绑架者怎么样了 |
[33:18] | Take ’em back to the base. Let the doctors work on ’em. | 带回基地让医生处理 |
[33:23] | Nothin’ physical. They just mess with their minds. | 只是影响他的心灵而已 |
[33:25] | Hypnosis. | 催眠术 |
[33:28] | At the base, I seen people go into an ordinary room | 基地里 我看到很多人 |
[33:32] | with an ordinary bunch of doctors,… | 进入一间普通的房子和一帮普通的医生 |
[33:35] | ..And come out absolutely positive they were probed by aliens. | 出来时都说被外星人做实验了 |
[33:39] | If abductions are an intelligence operation, | 如果绑架是掩盖秘密行动 |
[33:42] | and UFOs are secret military airships… | 那UF0只是秘密的飞行器 |
[33:45] | ..Piloted by “Aliens” Such as yourself, | 由你这样的外星人驾驶 |
[33:48] | then what were you abducted by? | 那你被谁绑架了 |
[33:50] | Don’t you get it? | 你不明白吗 我说的是真的 |
[33:54] | I’m absolutely positive me, | 我和战友 |
[33:56] | my copilot and those two kids were abducted. | 还有那两个孩子都是被绑架的 |
[34:00] | But I can’t be absolutely sure it happened. | 我不知道那怎么发生 |
[34:03] | I can’t be sure of anything any more. | 我不肯定所有事情 |
[34:05] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[34:07] | I’m not sure we’re having this conversation. | 我不敢肯定我们有过这次对话 |
[34:10] | I don’t know if these mashed potatoes are really here. | 我不知道这里有掏碎的土豆 |
[34:14] | I don’t know if you even exist. | 我不知道你是否存在 |
[34:17] | I can only assure you that I do. | 我当然存在 |
[34:20] | Well… thanks, buddy. | 谢谢 |
[34:25] | Unfortunately, I can’t give you the same assurance about me. | 但我也不确定自己是否存在 |
[34:34] | Well, looks like I’m a dead man. | 看来我死定了 |
[34:37] | It can’t all be fake memory implantation. | 不对 不可能我收到的全是假信息 |
[34:40] | What about that third alien? What was that thing? | 那第三个外星人是怎么回事 |
[34:43] | – Who? Lord Kinbote? – Right, come on. | -谁 金博特勋爵 -算了吧 |
[34:56] | That is odd. Because almost every day I was there,… | 真奇怪 |
[34:59] | ..I ate lunch at that diner, | 因为我每天都在那个餐厅吃午餐 |
[35:00] | and became dear friends with the cook. | 所以和那厨子成了朋友 |
[35:03] | He told me a story about the night | 他告诉我那晚你们说的事 |
[35:05] | you’re talking about. A man came into his place. | -一个人进来 -土豆派 |
[35:11] | Sat down. Ordered sweet-potato pie. | 坐下要了土豆派 |
[35:21] | He then questioned my friend. | 他是穆德探员 他问我朋友 |
[35:28] | Have you ever seen a UFO in these parts? | 你见过UF0吗 |
[35:32] | He then ordered piece after piece, | 他每点一块就提一个问题 |
[35:39] | Have you ever experienced a period of missing time? | 你经历过迷失时间吗 |
[35:45] | Have you ever had the | 你怀疑自己 |
[35:47] | suspicion that you’ve been abducted by aliens? | 被外星人绑架过吗 |
[35:54] | Have you ever found a metal implant in your body? | 你发现身体里有被值入的金属吗 |
[35:59] | Have you checked everywhere? | 到处都检查了吗 |
[36:02] | He ate a whole pie in that fashion, then got up and left. | 他吃了很多派 接着走了 |
[36:09] | My friend never saw him again. | 我朋友再也没见过他 |
[36:15] | let alone any other air-force personnel. | 那厨师从没提过谢菲尔中尉 更别说其他空军人员了 |
[36:20] | You seem non-nonplussed by these contradictions. | 你好像对这些矛盾毫无感觉 |
[36:23] | Well, not after what happened when Mulder got back to the motel. | 不 相对于穆德回到旅馆 后发生的事情简直不值一提 |
[36:28] | Scully. | 史卡利 |
[36:33] | – Where’s Scully? – Oh, she, uh… she went to get some ice. | 史卡利在哪 她去找些冰 |
[36:37] | Where is she?! | 她在哪 |
[36:44] | Scully, what’s going on here? | 怎么回事 |
[36:46] | They have something important to tell you. | 他们有重要事情告诉你 |
[36:50] | Some alien encounters are hoaxes, | 遭遇外星人是 |
[36:52] | created by your government to manipulate the public. | 你们政府欺骗公众的把戏 |
[36:55] | Some hoaxes are intentionally | 一些骗局被泄露 |
[36:57] | revealed to manipulate the truth seekers… | 给寻求真相的人 |
[36:59] | ..Who become discredited if | 如果他公开这些丑闻 |
[37:01] | they disclose the deliberately absurd deception. | 他就会身败名裂 |
[37:04] | Similar things are said about the | 这和黑衣人说的一样 |
[37:06] | Men in Black: they purposely behave strangely… | 他们穿着很奇怪 |
[37:08] | ..So that if anyone describes | 如果人们想描述如何遭遇他们 |
[37:10] | an encounter with them they sound like a lunatic. | 他们就被认为是疯子 |
[37:13] | I find no reason why anyone would think you crazy | 我不知道为什么你描述我们的相遇 |
[37:16] | if you described this meeting of ours. | 会被认为是疯子 |
[37:22] | You’re feeling very sleepy. | 你感到很眼困 |
[37:25] | Very… relaxed. | 很放松 |
[37:28] | Alex Trebek? The game-show host? | 艾利克斯·特伯克 游戏节目主持人 |
[37:32] | Mulder didn’t say that it was Alex Trebek. | 穆德没说是艾利克斯·特伯克 |
[37:37] | It was someone that looked incredibly like him. | 只是说像他那样奇怪的人 |
[37:40] | Did he? I mean, you were there. | 是吗 你在那吗 |
[37:43] | Well, not exactly. I don’t have any recollection of this. | 没有,我… |
[37:47] | l… was surprised to wake up | 我记不起来了 |
[37:50] | the next morning to find Mulder asleep in my room. | 我发现穆德就睡在我屋里 |
[37:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[37:56] | But, Mulder, I don’t even remember letting you in. | 穆德 你几时进来的 |
[38:00] | I told you, you didn’t let me in. They were already here. | 我告诉 你没让我进屋 他们都在这 |
[38:08] | Scully. | 史卡利 |
[38:12] | We’ll be right there. | 我们就去 |
[38:15] | That was Detective Manners. | 是曼纳斯探长 |
[38:17] | He said they just found your bleepin’ UFO. | 他们说找到了UF0 |
[38:30] | Apparently, that was the | 是的 长官 上士说继续把它运走 |
[38:32] | cause of the UFO sightings three nights ago. | 那就是三天前UF0出现的原因了 |
[38:34] | They refused our assistance | 他们拒绝帮忙 |
[38:36] | because it’s a top-secret experimental plane. | 这好像是高度机密的实验飞机 |
[38:39] | They don’t want our assistance. | 他们不需要我们帮助 |
[38:41] | They want witnesses to their alibi. | 他们要我们为他们作证 |
[38:44] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 请原谅 女士 |
[39:04] | Hey! That was the guy that was… | 嗨 那家伙是… |
[39:16] | Bleep! | 飞碟 |
[39:24] | I know it probably doesn’t | 我知道那可能不是 |
[39:26] | have the sense of closure that you want. | 你想要得结尾 |
[39:28] | But it has more than some of our other cases. | 但这已比其他案子有趣了 |
[39:57] | Agent Mulder | 穆德? |
[40:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:15] | What can I do for you, Agent Mulder? | 有什么可以帮你的?穆德特工? |
[40:18] | Don’t write this book. | 别写这本书 |
[40:22] | You’ll do a disservice to a | 你会给一个寻求帮助 |
[40:23] | field of inquiry that struggles for respectability. | 的田间调查工作帮倒忙 |
[40:26] | You’re a gifted writer, but you | 你是一个才华横溢的作家 |
[40:28] | couldn’t describe those events realistically – | 但是你也理解不了解释这些事情 |
[40:30] | they deal with alternative | 他们会理解为我们尚未得知 |
[40:32] | realities that we don’t yet comprehend. | 的另一回事 |
[40:34] | When presented in the wrong context,… | 当理解为错误的情形 |
[40:37] | ..The incidents and people | 错误的事情 |
[40:38] | involved in them can appear foolish,… | 那么里面的人们会看上去特别蠢 |
[40:41] | ..If not downright psychotic. | 如果不是彻头彻尾的疯子 |
[40:45] | Your publisher’s is owned by Warden White Inc, | 你的出版商属于瓦德怀特 |
[40:47] | a subsidiary of MacDougall-Kesler,… | 麦克道格尔·凯斯勒的子公司 |
[40:50] | ..Which makes me suspect an agenda | 这让我很怀疑 |
[40:52] | on the part of the military-industrial-entertainment… | 作为一个军事工业娱乐的综合体,能否出版你的书 |
[40:55] | Agent Mulder, this book will be written. | 穆德特工,这本一定要出 |
[40:58] | But it can only benefit if you can explain something to me. | 但是只有你向我解释一些事情,这本书才会真正流芳百世。 |
[41:03] | What’s that? | 你要问什么 |
[41:05] | What really happened to those kids on that night? | 那晚他们究竟碰到了什么? |
[41:13] | How the hell should I know? | 我怎么会知道? |
[41:15] | Agent Mulder, I appreciate this little visit, | 穆德特工,非常感谢你来看我 |
[41:18] | but I have deadlines to face. | 但是我有截至日期 |
[41:43] | Evidence of extraterrestrial | 外星生命存在的证据 |
[41:45] | existence remains as elusive as ever. | 依然难以证实 |
[41:48] | But the skies will continue to | 但布莱恩·福克纳继续探索太空 |
[41:50] | be searched by the likes of Blaine Faulkner,… | 希望某天发现外星人的证据 |
[41:57] | ..But also contentment on a new world. | 并且发现新的世界但 |
[42:00] | Until then, he must be content with his new job. | 现在 他很满意他的新工作 |
[42:06] | Others search for answers from within. | …另外的人这样寻找答案 |
[42:09] | Roky relocated to El Cajon, California, | 罗奇定居于加州埃尔卡洪 |
[42:12] | preaching for the lost and desperate | 为迷失和堕落的人布道 |
[42:14] | And so, at each death, | 每次死亡 |
[42:16] | the soul descends further into the inner earth,… | 灵魂都会进入地球内部 |
[42:19] | ..Attaining ever greater levels of purification,… | 进行净化 |
[42:23] | ..Reaching enlightenment at the core. | 得到在地核的启迪 |
[42:29] | Assuming, of course, | 你的灵魂 |
[42:31] | that your soul is able to avoid the Lava Men. | 就能避免… 焚烧 |
[42:36] | Seeking the truth about aliens means | 寻找外星人… |
[42:38] | a perfunctory nine-to-five job to some,… | 就像上班敷衍了事一样 |
[42:42] | ..For although Agent Diana | 虽然戴安娜·莱斯基探员 |
[42:44] | Lesky is noble of spirit and pure at heart,… | 有崇高的精神 |
[42:47] | ..She remains, nevertheless, a federal employee. | 她还是一个政府雇员而已 |
[42:52] | As for her partner, Reynard Muldrake, | 像她的拍档罗纳德·穆德克说的 |
[42:55] | a ticking time bomb of insanity,… | 这是疯狂的定时炸弹 |
[42:57] | ..His quest into the unknown has so warped his psyche,… | 那些未知的答案 让他纠结 |
[43:00] | ..One shudders to think how he receives any pleasures from life. | 很难相信他能品尝到生活的酸甜苦辣 |
[43:12] | Chrissy Giorgio now believes her alien visitation… | 克里茜·乔治奥相信外星人的来访 |
[43:15] | ..Was a message to improve the condition of her world,… | 改善了她的生活状态 |
[43:18] | ..And she has devoted herself to this goal wholeheartedly. | 她全心全意的献身于这个目标 |
[43:27] | Oh, it’s you. What do you want? | 是你 你想干什么 |
[43:30] | – I just wanted to tell you… I still love you. | 我只想告诉你我依然爱你 |
[43:33] | – Love. Is that all you men think about? | 爱 你整天就想这些吗 |
[43:42] | Then there are those who care not about extraterrestrials,… | 那些对外星人不感兴趣的人 |
[43:45] | ..Searching for meaning in other human beings. | 可以从其他人中找到生活意义 |
[43:52] | For, although we may not be alone in the universe,… | 但很少人能幸运地发现它 或许我们在宇宙并不孤独 |
[43:55] | ..In our own separate ways, on this planet… | 但另一方面来说 在这个星球 |
[44:00] | ..We are all… alone. | 但我们还是孤独的 |