时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | 佐治亚州蓝岭山 霍伊维尔曼湖 前锋湾 | |
[00:09] | When I began my field research here | 当我在这里开始我的研究工作 |
[00:11] | these frogs were thriving. | 青蛙在这里很多 |
[00:13] | Since then the adult population has dropped to fewer than 200. | 到现在 成年数量减至200只 |
[00:17] | If you don’t take protective measures, in a few years… | 如果不采取保护措施 |
[00:22] | ..Rana sphenocephala will be extinct here. | 这种青蛙就会消失了 |
[00:27] | Frog populations are declining all over the globe, | 青蛙的数量就全球来说一直在减少 |
[00:30] | Dr Faraday. No one knows why. | 法拉第博士 没人知道原因 |
[00:32] | We can’t possibly place them all | 我们不可能把它放到 |
[00:34] | on the endangered species list. | 濒危物种名单上 |
[00:36] | You’d find a way if it were cute, | 难道我们要证明它是 |
[00:37] | furry little mammals we were talking about. | 可爱毛茸茸的哺乳动物吗 |
[00:39] | Regardless, your study | 你的研究还在不确定和猜测阶段 |
[00:41] | remains inconclusive. Speculative, at best. | 你并没确实的证据证明 |
[00:44] | You have no concrete evidence the frog | 青蛙的减少是 |
[00:46] | depopulation is the exclusive result of human encroachment. | 因为人类侵入的结果 |
[00:49] | A frog holocaust is currently being executed, Dr Bailey. | 贝里博士 当前的青蛙大屠杀中 |
[00:53] | And man is the executioner. | 青蛙是被害者 人是施害者 |
[00:55] | You’re a biologist, Faraday. | 你是生物学家 法拉弟 |
[00:58] | You’ve never heard of survival of the fittest? | 你没听过 适者生存 吗 |
[01:01] | Well, don’t forget that rule also applies to mankind! | 别忘记那规则也适用于人类 |
[01:06] | You can’t turn your back on nature! | 你不能违反抗自然… |
[01:09] | Or nature will turn her back on you! | 否则自然惩罚你 |
[01:23] | Ah, dammit! | 见鬼 |
[01:26] | Freakin’ beeper. | 呼机掉了 |
[02:26] | No! No! No! | 不 |
[03:31] | 佐治亚州 雷格登 33号县公路 | |
[03:38] | – Nature’s calling I think we should pull over soon. | 它要尿尿了 停下车 |
[03:41] | – Did you really have to bring that thing? | 你非得带上它吗 |
[03:44] | You wake me up on a Saturday morning, | 你星期六早上叫醒我 |
[03:46] | tell me to be ready in five minutes,… | 要我五分钟之内准备好 |
[03:48] | ..My mom’s out of town, | 我妈妈出城了 |
[03:49] | all of the dog-sitters are booked, | 所有的狗保姆都被订光了 |
[03:51] | and you know how I feel about kennels. | 你知道我不喜欢狗舍 |
[03:54] | So, unless you wanna lose your | 你还想要保证金 |
[03:55] | security deposit on the car, I suggest we pull over. | 最好停车 |
[03:58] | All right.I think I’m lost anyway. | 好的 正好我迷路了 |
[03:59] | I gotta stop and ask for directions. | 得停车问路 |
[04:01] | I know I’m lost as to why | 不知道你为什么 |
[04:03] | you’re so interested in this missing-persons case. | 对这件失踪案这么感兴趣 |
[04:06] | Dr Bailey works for the US Forestry Service. | 贝里博士为美国森林局工作 |
[04:08] | It makes his disappearance a federal case. | 这使他的案件成为联邦政府的事 |
[04:10] | It’s not jurisdiction I’m questioning Mulder. | 我问的不是管辖权的问题 穆德 |
[04:13] | Dr Bailey’s not the first | 贝里博士不是 |
[04:14] | person to go missing from Heuvelmans lake recently. | 第一个在霍伊维尔曼湖失踪的人 |
[04:16] | Two weeks ago a Boy Scout troop was out here fossil-hunting. | 两星期前 有童子军在这里找化石 |
[04:19] | Their troop leader wanderd off to relieve himself, | 他们的领队到处走动时… |
[04:22] | and hasn’t been seen or heard from since. | 就不见了从此杳无音讯 |
[04:24] | So you think there’s a serial killer at large? | 你认为那是系列杀手案 |
[04:27] | The operative word being large. | 关键词就是 大 |
[04:39] | – What are you leaving out? | 你漏了什么 |
[04:41] | – Why d’you think I’m leaving anything out? | 你怎么这样问 |
[04:43] | Multiple missing-persons cases are not that uncommon Mulder. | 失踪了几个人是常见的事 穆德 |
[04:46] | Why this particular one | 为什么要我们飞了 |
[04:47] | warrants a flight halfway across the country | 大半个国家 开两个小时车 |
[04:49] | and driving for two hours is a total mystery! | 是什么秘密 |
[04:53] | Oh, tell me you’re not serious! | 你不是认真的吧 |
[04:58] | 大蓝 南方大蛇 发现在霍伊维尔曼湖里 | |
[05:04] | 霍伊维尔曼湖 生态科学实验室 | |
[05:05] | According to the sheriff’s report, | 根据警长的报告 |
[05:06] | you were the last person to see Dr Bailey alive. | 你是最后一个见到贝里博士的人 |
[05:09] | That’s what they tell me. | 他们就是这样介绍我的吗 |
[05:11] | I understand you argued | 我知道你在为拯救 |
[05:12] | over an endangered species petition. | 一个濒危物种而发出呼吁 |
[05:14] | Bailey was the worst kind of hypocrite. | 贝里是最虚伪的人 |
[05:17] | Closest he came to communing | 他和大自然最紧密的关系 |
[05:18] | with nature was subscribing to National Geographic. | 就是订阅《国家地理》杂志 |
[05:21] | – You sound bitter, Dr Faraday. | -你好象不高兴 法拉第博士 |
[05:23] | – Of course I’m bitter. | -当然我不高兴 |
[05:24] | The man wrote off three years of | 他把认真收集了三年的数据 |
[05:26] | carefully collected data in a two-hour inspection. | 写成两个小时的检查报告 |
[05:29] | Which doesn’t mean I plotted his demise. | 但并不意味我杀了他 |
[05:34] | Well that is what you were suggesting.Isn’t it? | 你想说的就是这个 对吗 |
[05:36] | Aside from having a motive, | 除了动机 |
[05:37] | you don’t seem too upset by any of this. | 你好像对他的死也不难过 |
[05:39] | You expect me to cry for one man | 当所有物种濒临灭绝 |
[05:42] | when entire species are on the brink of extinction? | 你指望我为一个人的死而哭泣吗 |
[05:45] | Dr Farady.You know the wildlife in | 法拉迪博士 没有人比你 |
[05:47] | and around this lake just as well as anybody, don’t you? | 了解这个湖区的野生动物吗 |
[05:50] | I’d say that’s accurate. | 这话没错 |
[05:51] | Are you aware of any indigenous | 有攻击人类的 |
[05:53] | species that’s capable of attacking a human being? | 本地物种吗 |
[05:56] | Yes. | 有的 |
[05:59] | – Another human being. – Aside from that. | -人攻击人 -除了人呢 |
[06:01] | Is there a creature that comes to my… | 有没有什么生物… |
[06:03] | Has anyone ever told you two | 没人告诉你们现在 |
[06:05] | you have a great problem coming to the point? | 最大的问题是什么吗 |
[06:09] | OK then. In your work, have you come across any evidence… | 你的工作是收集的证据 |
[06:12] | ..That lends support to the | 来证明一种 |
[06:14] | existence of this creature they call Big Blue? | 叫 大蓝 的生物存在 |
[06:18] | See, this is what always happens. This is how it starts. | 又折腾了 又是这些烂事 |
[06:22] | – What? – The deflection, sleight of hand. | -什么 -诱导 耍花招 |
[06:25] | See whenever an issue requires | 一旦一起事件需要认真思考 |
[06:27] | any real thought or any serious mental effort,… | 需要智商 |
[06:29] | ..People turn to UFOs and sea serpents and sasquatch. | 人们总是想到飞碟 海怪和野人 |
[06:35] | Afternoon talk shows and tabloid TV – | 脱口秀节目 八卦电视 |
[06:38] | they’ve reduced our attention span so much… | 他们减少了 |
[06:41] | ..That soon our ability to think | 我们对 里恩青蛙灭绝的 |
[06:42] | will be as extinct as the Rana sphenocephala frog. | 注意力 |
[06:45] | I’ll take that rambling diatribe to | 你的这些谩骂 我理解为 |
[06:47] | mean you don’t believe in the existence of such a creature. | 你不相信这个生物的存在 |
[06:50] | I am not even gonna grace that statement with a reply. | 我不予置评 |
[06:52] | A prehistoric animal living in a lake | 湖里有史前动物 |
[06:54] | is not without precedent. | 并不是没有先例 |
[06:55] | Last August they pulled a | 去年八月他们在马萨诸塞州的 |
[06:56] | bull shark from Lake Onota in Massachusetts. | 安大略湖捞上一头公牛鲨 |
[06:59] | An anomaly, which proves nothing. | 是不寻常 这并不证明什么 |
[07:04] | It only serves as fodder for pseudo scientists… | 只合一些伪科学家的胃口 |
[07:08] | ..With nothing better to do than chase fairy tales. | 他们就喜欢这些神话故事 |
[07:11] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[07:16] | Lake creatures have been | 湖生物已经被 |
[07:18] | reported for centuries in dozen of countries. | 报道了几百年 |
[07:20] | From the monsters in Loch Ness and Shiel, | 从尼斯湖怪和页岩 |
[07:23] | to the Ogopogo in Lake Okanagan. | 到奥肯那根湖的奥古布古 |
[07:26] | And Lake Champlain, Lagarfljot, Iceland… | 还有张伯伦湖 那伽梵 冰岛 |
[07:29] | – Sounds like you know a little | 你对这些生物 |
[07:30] | something about the subject. – I did as a kid,… | 还挺熟悉的 小时候就喜欢 |
[07:33] | ..But then I grew up and became a scientist. | 但我长大成了一个科学家 |
[07:36] | Some very grown-up cryptozoologists | 成熟的动物学家认为 |
[07:37] | believe that it could be an evolutionary throwback, | 史前生物是 |
[07:40] | possibly prehistoric. | 进化的倒退 |
[07:42] | – An aquatic dinosaur. – A plesiosaur, actually. | -水栖恐龙 -实际上是蛇颈龙 |
[07:45] | Though, admittedly, | 然而没有什么 |
[07:46] | there’s not a lot of hard evidence to back that up. | 过硬的证据来证明 |
[07:49] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[07:50] | Because those creatures don’t exist Mulder. | 因为那些生物并不存在 穆德 |
[07:52] | They are folk tales born | 它们是因为无知的恐惧 |
[07:53] | out of some collective fear of the unknown. | 而创造出来的神话 |
[07:56] | How many folk tales do you know | 那有多少神话吃了一个 |
[07:57] | that could eat a Boy Scout leader and a biologist? | 童子军领队和一个生物学家 |
[08:21] | Check this out, Scully. | 看一下这个 史卡利 |
[08:27] | It looks an insect casing or a carapace. Something from a beetle. | 好像是甲壳虫的壳 |
[08:31] | – How can I help you folks? – | 有什么事吗 |
[08:33] | We’re looking for the Lakeview Cabins Fliker Road? | 我们在找福利科街的湖景小屋 |
[08:36] | Oh, you passed the turn-off a few miles back. | 你往岔道回去几英里 |
[08:38] | It’s pretty tough to find. | 很难找 |
[08:41] | A map might help. Oh, they’re $2.50 each, plus Uncle Sam. | 地图能帮你 每份2块5 |
[08:46] | Fine. | 好 |
[08:48] | If you don’t mind my sayin’, | 希望你们别介意 |
[08:50] | you folks don’t look like you’re here for the trout. | 我看你们来这不是为了吃鳟鱼 |
[08:52] | No. We’re with the FBI. | 我们是FBI |
[08:53] | We’re investigating two missing-persons reports. | 来调查两起失踪案件 |
[08:56] | Oh, yeah. Yeah. That’s big news round here. | 这可是大新闻 |
[08:59] | Everybody’s been talkin’ about it. | 人人都在谈论 |
[09:02] | – What are they saying? | 他们说什么 |
[09:03] | – Same thing they’ve been saying for years. | 已经说了很多年了 |
[09:07] | I’m not one for spreading rumours. | 我可不是散播谣言 |
[09:08] | The truth is, I’ve heard the stories since I was a kid. | 我小时候就听过 |
[09:11] | – About Big Blue? What kind of stories? – Well,… | -关于 大蓝 什么样故事 -是这样 |
[09:16] | ..I was ten years old, fishin’ with my daddy,… | 我十岁时,和我爸爸一起钩鱼 |
[09:19] | ..And I heard a big commotion clear across the lake. | 湖里突然大响 |
[09:23] | A wailing sound, the likes of | 我从未听过 |
[09:25] | which I had never heard before | 像那样哀嚎的声音 |
[09:27] | – haven’t heard since. | 后来也没再听到过 |
[09:29] | My daddy told me later it was a cow who’d | 我爸说是一头从洛克戴尔 |
[09:31] | escaped from the Rockdale | 牧场逃出来的牛 |
[09:32] | ranch and was drinking by the lake… | 它正在湖边喝水 |
[09:35] | ..When Old Blue came up and snatched her right off the bank. | 大蓝把它拖进湖里 |
[09:38] | – That’s quite a story. | -故事很精彩啊 |
[09:40] | – Well, that’s just one. | -只是其中一个 |
[09:41] | Those stories must sell a lot of T-shirts. | 这些故事让T恤大卖啊 |
[09:45] | Well, a man’s gotta survive. | 人得生存啊 |
[09:48] | What about you?You believe those stories? | 你相信那些故事吗 |
[09:50] | I believe every man’s gotta | 我相信每个人 |
[09:52] | look at the evidence, decide for himself. | 都有自己的看法 |
[09:54] | But if you wanna ask a real expert,… | 你可以问这个货真价实的专家 |
[09:58] | ..You should probably talk to Ansel here. | 你可以和安塞尔谈谈 |
[10:00] | He’s out there practically every day. | 他每天到那去 |
[10:02] | It was his daddy’s cow that got eaten. | 就是他老爸的牛被吃了 |
[10:05] | Can you get these | 你能明天之前 |
[10:06] | developed by tomorrow Ted? | 把这晒出来吗 泰德 |
[10:08] | Give me another five rolls. Put ’em on my tab. | 再来五卷 记在我的帐上 |
[10:11] | These folks are with the FBI, Ansel. | 他们是联邦调查局的 安塞尔 |
[10:13] | They’re looking into that | 他们来调查 |
[10:15] | unsolved mystery of how those people disappeared. | 这些人失踪之谜 |
[10:17] | Unsolved mystery? | 失踪之谜? |
[10:20] | – Since when’s it a mystery? – So you | 它什么时候变成迷了? |
[10:22] | think Big Blue’s responsible for what’s been happening? | 你认为那些是大蓝干的 |
[10:24] | Don’t you? | 你不这么认为吗 |
[10:27] | Have you ever actually seen it? | 你见过吗 |
[10:29] | Not directly, no. | 没有 但我一直找它 |
[10:33] | But I aim to. | 总有一天会找到的 |
[10:34] | One day I’ll be in the right place at the right time, | 并拍下那个怪物 |
[10:38] | and I will snap a shot of that monster. | 就这样 |
[10:44] | There we go. | 好了 |
[11:07] | Son of a …! | 王八蛋 |
[11:29] | If you hit Striker’s Cove, you’ve gone too far. | 如果你找前锋湾 你走得太远了 |
[11:32] | Call the sheriff! We got a floater! | 快叫警长 找到一具尸体 |
[12:05] | It’s Scott Moosley, | 是斯考特·穆斯利 |
[12:06] | the Boy Scout troop leader. | 童子军领队 |
[12:09] | – Well, his fly’s undone. | 他的裤裆没系好 |
[12:11] | – Are you insinuating something? | 你想说什么吗 |
[12:13] | No. Most drowning victims have been found with | 很多落水者血液里 |
[12:15] | high levels of alcohol in their blood and their flies unzipped. | 有大量酒精 不拉裤链 |
[12:18] | While urinating over the sides of | 他们在船上 码头 |
[12:20] | boats,whatever they lose their balance, fall in and drown. | 解手的时候 掉进水里 |
[12:23] | It still doesn’t explain why half of him is still missing. | 无法解释为什么上半身不见了 |
[12:27] | – Looks to me like something took a big bite. | 也许被一大口咬掉的 |
[12:29] | – Maybe not so big. | 也许没那么大 |
[12:30] | – What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[12:31] | – Well fish eat decomposing matter. | 鱼吃降解的东西 |
[12:33] | Anybody has been suspended in this | 在湖里漂浮一段时间的尸体 |
[12:34] | environment for a period of time will become a food source. | 就成了鱼的佳肴 |
[12:37] | We eat fish and fish eat us. | 我们吃鱼 鱼吃我们 |
[12:41] | Are fish also known for eating half and saving half for later? | 鱼都懂得吃一半留一半吗 |
[14:08] | Oh, God, no! No! Argh! No! | 天啊 不 |
[14:11] | Help me! Help me! Argh! | 救救我 |
[14:28] | – Like I said, I recognised his hat. | 我认识他的帽子 |
[14:31] | – How could you not? | 你怎么可能认不出 |
[14:33] | There’s Ted Bertram’s four-by | 泰德的车就停在 |
[14:35] | parked a mile up that way, here’s his hat,… | 那上面一英里 这里又有 |
[14:37] | ..And here’s these tracks. | 他的帽子和脚印 |
[14:40] | Know what I’m sayin’? | 知道我意思吗 |
[14:42] | I mean, look at the size of these tracks. | 看一下这些脚印的大小 |
[14:45] | Mulder, this is Sheriff Lance Head. | 穆德 这是警长蓝斯·海特 |
[14:48] | Wait. Watch out… watch out for the tracks. | 小心那脚印 |
[14:51] | Careful. Watch out where you’re walking. | 小心走过来 |
[14:56] | Queequeg. | 魁魁格 |
[15:01] | Pleasure. Ansel, | 你好吗 安塞尔 |
[15:02] | why don’t you go check the woods? | 为什么不去检查一下树林 |
[15:05] | Today’s the day, Sheriff. | -今天我能拍到他 警长 |
[15:08] | – I’m gonna get him. – Yeah. | -好了 |
[15:09] | – Any sign of Ted Bertram? | 有泰德·伯特伦的消息吗 |
[15:11] | – No.I’m not jumping into any conclusions either. | 没有 我也没过早做结论 |
[15:14] | Speakin’ of which, I hear you want to close the lake. | 我听说你要封锁这湖 |
[15:17] | Just until we figure out what’s going on here. | 直到我们弄清楚是什么回事 |
[15:19] | Well sir I think I can tell you what’s goin’ on. | 我可以告诉怎么回事 |
[15:21] | Same thing that goes on every year. | 每年都发生这样的事情 |
[15:23] | Fishermen get drunk, | 钓鱼的喝酒醉了 |
[15:24] | they drown. | 然后掉进水里被淹死 |
[15:24] | Folks get run over by a powerboat. | 开的都是汽艇 |
[15:26] | Hell, on a lake this size you’ll have eight, | 这种大的湖每季度会死8到9个人 |
[15:29] | nine deaths a season.That’s just a statistical fact. | 这就是事实 |
[15:31] | Yeah but you got two or three in as many weeks. | 但每星期有2-3个 |
[15:33] | I’d say you’re a little outside your bell curve, Sheriff. | 有点超出警戒线 警长 |
[15:36] | Agent… Mulder? Mulder? | 穆德探员 |
[15:39] | This lake has 48 miles of shoreline. | 这个湖的周长是48英里 |
[15:43] | I got four deputies full time. | 我只有四个全职警员 |
[15:46] | Now, to close down a lake this size,… | 现在要封锁整个湖 |
[15:48] | ..Hell, you’d have to call out | 你得叫上 |
[15:50] | the National Guard for that to happen.I mean.. | 国民警卫队才行 |
[15:52] | – You’d need irrefutable proof. | -你得有不可辩驳的证据才行 |
[15:53] | – What about these tracks? | -这些脚印是什么 |
[15:55] | Mulder.A creature as large as the one you’re looking for | 穆德 你找到这么大的动物 |
[15:58] | would have left considerably deeper impressions. | 你会感到震惊 |
[16:01] | Queequeg! | 魁魁格 |
[16:03] | Queequeg, come back here! Queequeg! | 魁魁格 回来 |
[16:13] | – Mulder! Sheriff, come take a look at this. | 穆德 警长 你们过来看 |
[16:17] | – What you got? | 你找到什么了 |
[16:20] | – There’s your lake monster, Mulder. | -这就是那个湖怪了 穆德 |
[16:22] | – That’s what it looks like. | -有点象 |
[16:24] | – It’s all a hoax. | -全是骗人的 |
[16:25] | – I’ll be damned! Sure seems like it. | -是这么回事 见鬼 |
[16:32] | Yeah, but what happened to the hoaxer? | 这个骗子发生了什么事 |
[16:38] | I saw it on the Discovery Channel. | 我在探索频道里 |
[16:43] | They got, like, this whole, you know, | 看过 |
[16:46] | cult built up around these tree toads. | 邪教徒用雨蛙 |
[16:50] | The skin’s got these | 身上的皮肤 |
[16:52] | hallucinogenic properties | 提取这些迷幻物质 |
[16:53] | – let’s you see all these visions. | 并能看见他们的 |
[16:56] | It’s really spiritual. | 精神世界 |
[16:59] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[17:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:06] | It’s supposed to take the doors of perception | 它打开了知觉的大门 |
[17:08] | and swing them so wide open, you know. | 无限地开放 |
[17:11] | Plus you get to see all | 让你看到 |
[17:13] | these really cool streaks and trails and crap. | 五彩缤纷的东西 |
[17:29] | Well? | 怎么了 |
[17:34] | – Are you sure that’s even a toad? – Argh! | 你确定是雨蛙吗 |
[17:39] | Dude, what’s wrong with you?! You made me drop my toad! | 你干什么 害得我的雨蛙跑了 |
[17:42] | Chill out, man. I’ll get you another one. | 冷静 我帮你抓一个 |
[17:52] | How long till we get down to Lauderdale? | 我们到劳德戴尔要多久 |
[18:09] | Dude! | 伙计 |
[18:12] | Oh… No! | 天啊 |
[18:31] | How about you?Did ou see anything? | 你呢 |
[18:34] | Neither one of you can remember anything? | 你们什么也不记得了 |
[18:36] | – Great – If this is a hoax, | 如果这是骗局 |
[18:38] | it’s an elaborate one. | 那太处心积虑了 |
[18:40] | I got zip out of them – no tellin’ | 我只问到一些鸟啊月亮啊 |
[18:41] | what they’ve been smokin’! What’s it look like? | 不用问这两人吸嗨了 |
[18:44] | It’s hard to tell without an autopsy, | 是什么东西 要解剖才知道 |
[18:46] | but it looks like propeller damage from a motorboat. | 好像是被汽艇的螺旋桨破坏的 |
[18:48] | – Well, this is a designated boating area. | 这是指定划船区 |
[18:51] | – 20 feet from shore and twice in one day? | 但离岸20英尺 一天发生了两起 |
[18:53] | Mulder, look at it out there. It’s like rush hour. | 穆德 看那里 到处是船 |
[18:56] | I think you’re ignoring the obvious. | 你在有意忽略那些 |
[18:58] | What about Ted Bertram? | 泰德·伯特伦呢 |
[19:00] | Well all we know he stepped | 我们只知道他陷在什么东西里 |
[19:01] | in something and bled into those funny shoes. | 血流进了他可笑的鞋子里 |
[19:03] | He’s probably so embarrassed | 他觉得太丢脸了 |
[19:05] | right now that he doesn’t want to show his face. | 不想露面 |
[19:07] | Is that the psychological approach to crime solving? | 哦 这就结案了 |
[19:09] | He’s too embarrassed | 因为太丢脸了 |
[19:10] | Regardless of what I believe, | 不管我怎么认为 |
[19:13] | there’s no hard evidence that it’s what you believe. | 这里没有证明你观点的证据 |
[19:41] | OK,Big Blue, you’re mine. | 大蓝,你是我的 |
[19:46] | Today’s the day! | 今天终于揭晓了 |
[20:11] | Crap! Jesus! | 可恶 上帝啊 |
[20:24] | This has been exposed. | 对 在那边 -可能曝光了 |
[20:25] | Can you get that developed? | 你能拿去冲洗吗 |
[20:26] | – Yes, sir. – Thanks. | -好的 谢谢 |
[20:28] | Three in one day Sheriff. | 一天三起 警长 |
[20:30] | All those driving from crime | 一天赶现场 |
[20:31] | scene to crime scene is giving me highway hypnosis. | 赶得我都快头晕了 |
[20:34] | – Close down the lake. | 封锁湖面 |
[20:35] | – I done told you once. It ain’t that simple. | 我说过没那么简单 |
[20:38] | I just ain’t got the manpower. | 我不够人手 |
[20:40] | Furthermore,… | 还有 |
[20:43] | ..I’m not at all convinced we’re dealing with an aquatic menace. | 我还不肯定是和水怪打交道 |
[20:47] | He’s right Mulder.Those two sets | 他说得对 穆德 |
[20:48] | of remains we’ve found | 我们只找到两组遗物 |
[20:49] | so far are inconclusive. | 还不能确定 |
[20:51] | We really need to find this body. | 我们没有找到尸体 |
[20:54] | My thoughts exactly, ma’am. | 我就是这样想的 女士 |
[20:56] | If you’ll just give us a couple more minutes… | 如果给多几分钟… |
[20:59] | – Argh! – Sheriff! | -喔 -警长 |
[21:01] | Sheriff? | 警长 |
[21:11] | You all right, Sheriff? | 警长 你没事吧 |
[21:15] | Are you OK, Sheriff? | 你没事吧 |
[21:18] | Something… | 那里 |
[21:20] | Something brushed up against me out there. Something big… | 那里有东西拽着我 很大 |
[21:24] | – Close the lake!Close it now! | -快封湖 封了它 |
[21:26] | – Right, Sheriff. | -遵命 警长 -好 |
[21:27] | I want you to call the | 报告州警察和 |
[21:28] | State Police and the Wildlife, Fish and Game. | 野生鱼类和动物部门 |
[21:30] | You tell ’em we got an emergency situation! | 告诉他们这里情况紧急 |
[21:37] | Looks like Ansel took ’em during the attack. | 像是安塞尔在受到袭击时拍的 |
[21:40] | I agree with you. | 我同意 我希望他能 |
[21:41] | I just wish that he gave us something more. | 拍到更多东西给我们 |
[21:47] | Whoa… Look at this. | 看这个 |
[21:50] | Could this be a tooth? | 这是牙齿吗 |
[21:53] | Yeah. It could be a lot of things, Mulder. | 有可能是其他东西 |
[21:57] | 15 years of fruitless hunting, | 十五年来徒劳追寻 |
[21:58] | and the only thing | 这家伙就拍到了 |
[21:59] | this guy comes up with | 一张怪物的牙齿 |
[22:00] | is a blurry picture of a monster’s tooth? | 模糊照片吗 |
[22:02] | There are thousands of pictures here, Scully. | 这里有很多照片 史卡利 |
[22:05] | There’s gotta be some visual | 可能有图像证据 |
[22:07] | evidence somewhere. Here, go through these. | 在里面 找找 |
[22:13] | Mulder, these are just a bunch of | 穆德 这些都是游客拍的 |
[22:16] | poorly composed tourist shots. | 一些没有水准的照片 |
[22:19] | That could be something. | -这是什么东西 |
[22:21] | A tooth? | -牙齿 |
[22:27] | I’m taking Queequeg for a walk. | 我去遛遛狗 |
[22:31] | – Want me to come with you? – I’ll be fine. | 要我陪你吗 没事的 |
[22:42] | – Good night, Mulder. | -晚安 穆德 |
[22:44] | – All right. I’ll see you in the morning. | -好的 明早见 |
[22:55] | Come on, Queequeg. | 魁魁格 走 |
[22:59] | Queequeg, we’re not gonna go into the woods. | 魁魁格 不要到树林里去 |
[23:02] | Come on, do your business. I thought you had to go. | 快点尿尿 我们得走了 |
[23:06] | Queequeg! | 魁魁格 |
[23:08] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[23:14] | Queequeg! Where are you going? | 魁魁格 你要去哪里 |
[23:17] | Queequeg! | 魁魁格 |
[23:19] | Queequeg, come back here! | 回来 |
[23:22] | Queequeg! | 魁魁格 |
[24:22] | I’m sorry about Queequeg. | 我为魁魁格感到难过 |
[24:27] | – You know I think I’ve | 我已经从照片 |
[24:28] | learned something from these photos. – Mulder… | 知道了一些事 -穆德 |
[24:30] | They’re not pictures of the lake monster, | -它们不是湖怪的照片 |
[24:32] | but the pictures of the lake – | 他们都是在这些年 |
[24:33] | locations where the creature’s been | 据称出现怪物的 |
[24:35] | sighted over the past several years. Look at this. | 地方拍的 看这个 |
[24:38] | Five years ago all the | 五年前 |
[24:39] | sightings occurred in the center of the lake. | 所有拍摄的都集中在湖中心 |
[24:42] | But pervasively the sightings | 但现在越来越靠近岸边 |
[24:43] | have moved closer and closer to shore,… | 直到今天 |
[24:45] | ..Until this year they’re practically on the shore. | 出现在岸上 |
[24:50] | Could you repeat the last part again? | 你能重复最后一部分吗 |
[24:51] | I kinda faded out. | 我有点恍惚 |
[24:52] | Which… which part? | 哪部分 |
[24:55] | After you said “I’m sorry.” | 你说了 很难过 之后 |
[24:59] | Can you drive a boat? | 你能开船吗 |
[25:06] | – It’s too bad we’re not out here fishing. | 可惜我们不是来钩鱼的 |
[25:09] | – We are fishing. | 我们是来钩鱼的 |
[25:13] | – You really expect to find this | 你真的想找到他 对吗 |
[25:15] | thing don’t you Mulder. – You wanna head right… here. | 往这边开 |
[25:19] | I’ll take that as a yes. | 我权当是回答 |
[25:21] | I know the difference between expectation and hope. | 我知道期望和希望不同 |
[25:24] | “Seek and ye shall find,” Scully. | 寻找便会得到答案 史卡利 |
[25:27] | You know On the old mariners’ maps, | 在老水手的地图上 |
[25:29] | the cartographers would designate uncharted territories… | 制图员会把 那些未标明的地方 |
[25:33] | ..By writing Here be monsters. | 注明为 这里有怪物 |
[25:35] | I got a map of New York City just like that. | 我有纽约城的地图就是这样的 |
[25:39] | – What was that? – It ain’t no bass. | 那是什么 不是鲈鱼 |
[25:45] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[25:49] | What is that, Mulder? | 那是什么 穆德 |
[25:53] | – There be monsters, Scully. | – 很多怪物 史卡利 |
[25:55] | – It looks like it’s coming straight at us. | – 朝我们来了 |
[25:58] | Yup. That’s what it looks like. | 好像是 |
[26:09] | Mayday! Mayday! Can anybody read me? | 呼救 呼救 有人收到吗 |
[26:14] | This is a distress call from the Patricia Rae! | 这是帕特里夏·雷的求救呼号 |
[26:18] | Pa7a3a27! | PA7A3A27 这是我的呼号 |
[26:28] | – Mayday! Mayday! – Scully, let’s get outta here! | -呼救 呼救 -史卡利 我们离开这里 |
[27:05] | There goes our $500 deposit. | 我们500美元的押金沉下去了 |
[27:11] | I say we swim to shore.- Swim? | -我们游到岸边吧 -游 |
[27:14] | – Yeah. The shore can’t be too far from here. | 这里离岸边应该不太远 |
[27:17] | In which direction? | 朝哪个方向 |
[27:28] | Yeah. You know, living in the city, | 住在城里 都不知道 |
[27:30] | you forget that night is actually so, uh, dark. | 夜晚会是这样 的黑 |
[27:35] | Living in a city, | 住在城里 |
[27:36] | you forget a lot of things. | 很多事情都不知道 |
[27:38] | Now there you’re always | 总是抢劫 |
[27:39] | thinking about being mugged or hit by a car. | 撞车之类的事 |
[27:43] | It’s not until you get back to | 等你回到大自然才会 |
[27:45] | nature until you realise everything is out to get you. | 明白你什么都不懂 |
[27:48] | That’s why Father always | 怪不得爸爸总是叫我 |
[27:50] | taught me to… respect nature – | 要尊重自然 |
[27:55] | cos it has no respect for you. | 如果你不尊重… |
[28:24] | That was him, Scully. | 大蓝来了 史卡利 |
[28:30] | So what if it was? | 是又如何 |
[28:34] | Mulder, what are we doing here? | 穆德 我们在这里干什么 |
[28:36] | What do you mean “What are we doing here?” | 你这句话是什么意思 |
[28:39] | What are you hoping to accomplish? | 你希望得到什么结果 |
[28:44] | Scully so many of the things | 史卡利 我们调查的东西 |
[28:46] | we investigate are so intangible,… | 很多都是无形的 |
[28:48] | ..But this creature it exists | 但这东西 |
[28:49] | within the specific earthly confines of this lake. | 存在湖里 |
[28:52] | – And I wanna find it. – What for? | 我要找到它 为什么 |
[28:55] | You’re a scientist. | 你是科学家 |
[28:56] | Why do you ask that? | 为什么还问这问题 |
[28:58] | It would be miraculous discovery. | 这将是不可思议的发现 |
[29:00] | It could revolutionise evolutionary biological thinking. | 能够彻底颠覆生物进化理论 |
[29:04] | Is that really the reason why? | 这就是原因吗 |
[29:07] | You know when you showed | 当我看了那些 |
[29:09] | me those pictures that the photographer took? | 摄影师拍的照片 |
[29:11] | You wanna know what I really saw in them? | 知道我看到了什么 |
[29:13] | – A tooth? – No. You. | -牙齿 -不 你 |
[29:16] | That man is your future. | 那人就是你的未来 |
[29:18] | Listening only to himself, hoping to | 你只听自己的 |
[29:21] | catch a glimpse of the truth | 为不知所谓的理由 |
[29:23] | for who knows what reason. | 而去寻找真相 |
[29:25] | I read in his journals that | 我读了他的日记 |
[29:26] | he was hoping to live off | 他希望拍到一张 |
[29:27] | the copyright fees | 真正的大蓝的照片 |
[29:28] | from a Big Blue photo. | 靠着版费活一辈子 |
[29:33] | As dumb as it sounds, | 听起来有点蠢 |
[29:34] | at least it’s a legitimate reason. | 但至少算个正当理由 |
[29:36] | You don’t think my reasons are legitimate? | 你不认为我的正当吗 |
[29:39] | Mulder, sometimes | 穆德 有时 |
[29:41] | I just can’t figure them out. | 我不想把话挑明 |
[29:54] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[30:12] | I’m still tempted to fire. | 我还是想开枪 |
[30:21] | Hey, Scully, do you think you could ever cannibalise someone? | 史卡利 我们会不会自相残杀 |
[30:24] | I mean, if you really had to? | 我的意思是万不得已的情况下 |
[30:27] | Well, as much as the very idea’s abhorrent to me,… | 这是一个让我头痛的问题 |
[30:30] | ..I suppose under certain conditions | 在特定的环境下 |
[30:32] | the living entity is practically conditioned to perform whatever | 人会为了生存 |
[30:37] | extreme measures are necessary to ensure its survival. | 会不择手段 |
[30:41] | I suppose I’m not different. | 我没什么不同的 |
[30:44] | You’ve lost some weight recently haven’t you? | 你近来减肥了 |
[30:46] | Yeah, actually, I have. Thanks for… | 是的 要感谢 |
[30:52] | But it is amazing what some animals will do | 真奇怪 为什么一些动物 |
[30:55] | to guarantee the continuation of the species isn’t it? | 会不顾一切确保物种的延续 |
[30:57] | A creature of one of this size | 像这么大的生物为了 |
[30:59] | must have adapted its behaviour over the years | 减少被我们这些掠夺者发现的机会 |
[31:01] | to minimise its chances of being seen by its only predator.Us. | 这些年不知道改变多少生活习气 |
[31:05] | This coming closer to shore for | 它们在岸边出现 |
[31:07] | its prey must be an act of desperation on its part. | 是因为绝望的原因 |
[31:10] | Poor Queequeg. | 可怜的魁魁格 |
[31:16] | Why did you name the dog Queequeg? | 你为什么给它取名为魁魁格 |
[31:19] | It was the name of the harpoonist in Moby Dick. | 这是捕鲸记里一个鱼叉手的名字 |
[31:22] | My father used to read to | 小时候我父亲经常 |
[31:24] | me from Moby Dick when I was a little girl. | 给我都捕鲸记的故事 |
[31:26] | I called him Ahab and he called me Starbuck. | 我叫他阿哈伯 他叫我星巴克 |
[31:29] | So I named my dog Queequeg. | 所以我把狗叫魁魁格 |
[31:34] | That’s funny. I just realised something. | 真有趣 我明白了些事情 |
[31:36] | – That’s a bizarre name for a dog, huh? – No. | -狗叫这个名字很古怪 -不 |
[31:40] | How much you’re like Ahab. | 你更像阿哈伯 |
[31:43] | You’re so consumed by your personal vengeance | 你总充满着对人生的复仇感 |
[31:45] | against life Whether its being | 不管其现实的残酷 |
[31:46] | near cruelty or its misteries. | 还是捉摸不定的神秘 |
[31:51] | That everything takes on a warped significance… | 这一切扭曲的意义都建立 |
[31:55] | ..To fit your megalomaniacal cosmology. | 在你狂妄的宇宙学说上 |
[31:58] | Scully.Are you coming on to me? | 史卡利 你就是这样看我的吗 |
[32:00] | It’s just… the truth or | 真相还是白鲸 |
[32:02] | a white whale – what difference does it make? | 知道了又怎么样 |
[32:06] | Both obsessions are impossible to capture,… | 这两样东西都不可能抓到 |
[32:09] | ..And trying to do so will only leave you dead, | 想抓到它们只有死路一条 |
[32:11] | along with everyone else you bring with you. | 还害死了和你一道的人 |
[32:14] | You know, Mulder, you are Ahab. | 你知道吗 穆德 你就是阿哈伯 |
[32:19] | You know it’s interesting you | 真有趣 因为我还一直 |
[32:20] | should say that – because I always wanted a peg leg. | 想要一支假肢 |
[32:22] | It’s a boyhood thing I never grew out of. | 从小就想得到 |
[32:25] | I’m not being flippant. I mean I’ve given it a lot of thought. | 我不是讲笑的 我是认真思考的 |
[32:28] | If you have a peg leg or hooks for hands, | 即使我们断了手脚 |
[32:30] | maybe it’s enough to simply carry on living,you know, | 或许生活会简单点 |
[32:33] | ..Bravely facing life with a disability. | 你知道 所谓的身残志不残 |
[32:35] | It’s heroic just to survive. | 英雄主义是好的 |
[32:37] | But without these things, | 但没有这些 |
[32:38] | you’re expected to make something of your life – | 指不定你的人生能取得点成就 |
[32:41] | achieve something,earn a raise, wear a necktie. | 得到高薪 做白领的 |
[32:43] | So, if anything, I’m actually the antithesis of Ahab… | 照此说来 我正好和阿哈伯相反 |
[32:46] | ..Because if I did have a peg leg, | 如果我有假肢 |
[32:48] | I’d quite possibly be more happy… | 我也许更开心更满足 |
[32:50] | ..And not feel the need to chase after creatures of the unknown. | 不需要追逐这些不明生物 |
[32:54] | – And that’s not flippant? – No. | -这不是玩笑 -不是 |
[32:58] | Flippant is my favourite line from Moby Dick. | 《捕鲸记》中我最喜欢一句台词 |
[33:01] | Hell is an idea first | 所谓地狱就是你在 |
[33:02] | born on an undigested apple dumpling.” Yeah? | 消化不良时的一种心像” 是了 |
[33:21] | – What was that? – I don’t know, but it ain’t no duck. | -是什么 -看来不是鸭子 |
[33:45] | I thought I heard voices. What are you two doing out here? | 我听到了声音 你们在这里干什么 |
[33:48] | – Dr Faraday? – Hope I’m not interrupting anything. | -法拉弟博士 -希望我没有打扰你们 |
[33:51] | No. No! We had a little trouble with our boat. | 不是那么回事 我们的船出问题了 |
[33:55] | Actually, it sank. | -那船沉了 |
[33:56] | – How’d that happen? – It was my fault. | -怎么发生的 |
[34:01] | We’d have been here all | 是我的错 |
[34:02] | night if you hadn’t | 如果你收到我们的呼救信号 |
[34:03] | answered our distress call. | 那么我们要在这呆一晚上 |
[34:04] | I didn’t. I was walking by. | 倒没有 我只是路过 |
[34:07] | I heard you talking. | 听到你们说话 |
[34:08] | – Walking by? – Yeah. | -路过吗 -是的 |
[34:10] | Yeah, the shore is just a stone’s throw from here. | 是的 岸边离这块石头很近 |
[34:16] | Come on. I’ll take you back. | 来吧 我带你们回去 |
[34:41] | It was just out of fuel. | 燃料没了 |
[34:43] | The sheriff’ll be along in a minute. | 警长随后就到 |
[34:45] | I’d drive you myself, | 我可能载你们 |
[34:46] | but I got work to do. | 但我现在有事做 |
[34:47] | What exactly is it that you’re | 你在这干什么 |
[34:49] | doingout here Dr Faraday? | 法拉第博士 |
[34:50] | It’s well after midnight. | 这都过了午夜了 |
[34:51] | Night is Rana sphenocephala’s most active period. | 晚上是青蛙最活跃的时候 |
[34:54] | This is its primary breeding ground. | 这是它们主要繁殖地 |
[34:57] | Or at least it used to be. | 或者过去是这样 |
[34:58] | Thousands of eggs used to cling to these reeds. | 很多卵产在这些芦苇里 |
[35:02] | Beautiful jelly clusters. | 像漂亮的果冻 |
[35:05] | Now one must turn over many | 现在必须翻开叶子才能 |
[35:06] | a leaf in order to find potential offspring. | 再到可能孵化了的后代 |
[35:09] | – What’s in the sack? – Adult frogs. | -麻袋里有什么 -成年蛙 |
[35:11] | I’ve been breeding them in | 我饲养它们 |
[35:13] | captivity and releasing them into the wild. | 现在来放生野外 |
[35:17] | – This is Striker’s Cove? – Mm-hm. | 这里是前锋湾吗 |
[35:19] | – The frogs. – I beg your pardon. | 这青蛙… 什么 |
[35:22] | The unexplained depletion of frogs originates from this cove. | 青蛙在这里莫名其妙的消减 |
[35:25] | It’s the food chain. | 这就是食物链 |
[35:27] | – What about it? | 怎么回事 如果在生态环境下 |
[35:28] | – If you alter one life form in an ecosystem,… | 生物链中一个环节的改变 |
[35:31] | ..The rest is necessarily affected, | 剩下的都会受影响 |
[35:33] | either by an increase or decrease. | 不是增加就是减少 |
[35:35] | So if an aquatic dinosaur’s | 如果这个水怪 |
[35:36] | diet cause it’s primarily ate frogs,… | 主要以青蛙为食 |
[35:38] | ..Then if those frogs sudenly became scarce, | 如果青蛙变得稀有 |
[35:40] | it’d have to turn to an alternative food source. | 那食物源就要改变 |
[35:42] | – Humans. – Agent Mulder,… | -人类 -穆德探员 |
[35:45] | ..You are taking my legitimate | 你把我正当的研究 |
[35:47] | research and basic biological principle… | 和基本的生物原理 |
[35:50] | ..And stretching them both way out of proportion, | 把它们延伸到这种 |
[35:52] | in an effort to give some | 不成比例的生物数量 |
[35:53] | kind of validity to an entirely ludicrous theory. | 来证明你这个荒谬的理论 |
[35:56] | There is no prehistoric lake monster. | 没有什么史前湖怪 |
[35:59] | This creature lives here. | 这个水怪生活在这里 |
[36:00] | That explains the disappearance of these frogs | 是青蛙消失的原因 |
[36:03] | for which you have no explanation,Dr, | 而你却找不到答案 博士 |
[36:05] | ludicrous or not.As well as the recent human attacks. | 是不是荒谬 还有最近人被攻击 |
[36:07] | That’s crazy! If something was living in these waters, | 简直疯了 如果水里有东西 |
[36:10] | you don’t think I would’ve seen it? | 我怎么会没看见呢 |
[36:12] | I’ve worked here for three years! | 我在这里研究了三年 |
[36:14] | I’m talking about a prehistoric | 我说的是一种史前动物 |
[36:15] | animal that’s gone unnoticed virtually thousands of year! | 没有被发现几千年的史前动物 |
[36:18] | If it knows anything, it knows how to hide. | 它很懂隐藏自己 |
[36:20] | They say the Loch Ness Monster doesn’t | 据说尼斯湖水怪并不在水里 |
[36:22] | even live in the water,that it lives in a surrouning cliffs. | 它生活在周围的峭壁里 |
[36:24] | Maybe Big Blue has an inland habitat, | 也许大蓝在陆地有栖息地 |
[36:26] | somewhere in the rocks or in this forest here. | 也许就在那些岩石和树林深处 |
[36:30] | I have no time for these absurdities. | 我没时间听这些谬论 |
[36:34] | If you’ll excuse me, I have some amphibians to release. | 我还要放了这些青蛙 |
[36:41] | Well, captain, what now? | 船长 现在怎么办 |
[36:44] | Agent Scully! Agent Mulder! | 史卡利探员 穆德探员 |
[36:48] | There’s been another death. | 又有一个死人 |
[36:50] | And this time it does appear to be | 这次像是动物攻击 |
[36:51] | some kind of an animal attack. Bit a fisherman’s arm off. | 渔夫的胳膊没了 |
[36:54] | – Where this happend? – | 在哪发生的 |
[36:55] | Other side of the lake, couple of hours ago. | 几个小时前 在湖的另一边 |
[36:57] | My departmen has the cooperation of the State Police,… | 州警察已经来协助了 |
[37:00] | ..Plus the full use of all the Wildlife, | 加上鱼类和动物部门的巡逻艇 |
[37:02] | Fish and Game vessels. A search is underway. | 我们进行了大范围的搜查 |
[37:05] | No. We need those men here searching | 不 我们要他们搜索 |
[37:07] | this cove and these woods. | 这片湖湾和树林 |
[37:09] | But I got 30 boats on the water already. | 我们已准备了30条船 |
[37:10] | If we’re gonna kill this… | 如果我们要捕杀这家伙 |
[37:12] | We gotta sweep this cove. It’s here.It’s striker’s Cove. | 我们清查这个地方 前锋湾 |
[37:15] | The boats are searching the | 船已经在搜查 |
[37:17] | area of the latest attack. | 最近攻击的地方 |
[37:18] | I’m not gonna move ’em. | 我调不动他们 |
[37:19] | If you wanna waste your | 如果你想浪费时间搜这里 |
[37:20] | time searching these woods you go right ahead. | 你自己去 |
[37:23] | I got me a lake monster to catch. | 我要去抓湖怪 |
[37:28] | Sheriff,… | 警长 |
[37:30] | ..Agent Mulder and I would appreciate it | 你如果能安排 |
[37:32] | if you could spare us two | 两三个人手来协助我们 |
[37:33] | or three men to assist us here. | 穆德探员和我会感激不尽 |
[37:37] | All right. I’ll send ’em on back. | 好吧 我去安排 |
[37:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:46] | What was that? | -什么声音 |
[37:50] | Dr Faraday. | -法拉第博士 |
[38:07] | – What happened? | -什么事 |
[38:08] | – I think something grabbed my leg. Agh! | -有东西咬我的腿 |
[38:11] | – Did you see it? – No. | -你看见它了吗 -没有 |
[38:13] | It came from behind me. Before I knew it, | 从我后面来的 我察觉时 |
[38:16] | it was shaking me back and forth. | 它已经不停地拽着我 |
[38:18] | Then it just let go. | 然后就走了 |
[38:20] | Give me your belt. | 把皮带给我 |
[38:23] | I didn’t wanna believe you. | -真不敢相信你 |
[38:25] | Oh! You nicked an artery. | -你被咬到动脉 |
[38:26] | We gotta get him to a hospital. He’s losing blood. | 我们要送他去医院 他在流血 |
[38:29] | – Where did it go? – I didn’t see it. Agh! | -它去了哪 -我没看见 |
[38:32] | I think I heard… | 我听到了声音是从 |
[38:34] | It went through those reeds there. | 芦苇荡里传过来的 |
[38:36] | – Mulder, help is coming. | -穆德 帮帮手 |
[38:37] | – You take care of him, Scully. | -你照顾他 史卡利 |
[38:40] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[40:23] | Alligator… | 鳄鱼 |
[40:31] | Millikan County, unit three… | 米立肯县急救中心 |
[40:39] | All right then. Go ahead. | 走吧 |
[40:53] | How’s Dr Faraday? | 法拉弟博士怎么样了 |
[40:57] | He’ll be fine. | 他会好的 |
[40:59] | – How are you? – I’m fine. | -你好吗 -还好 |
[41:04] | Well, you slew the big white whale, Ahab. | 你搞掂了一条大白鲸 阿哈伯 |
[41:07] | – Yeah, but I still don’t have that peg leg. | 我可没有被吃掉腿 |
[41:09] | – How can you be disappointed? | 那你很失望吧 |
[41:11] | That alligator would’ve gone | 如果你没杀它 |
[41:12] | through the local population.And you killed it. | 这头鳄鱼会袭击当地很多人 |
[41:14] | I know. | 我知道… |
[41:17] | I guess I just wanted Big Blue to be real. | 我太想大蓝真的存在了 |
[41:20] | I guess I see hope in such a possibility. | 我想在这些可能性当中看到希望 |
[41:24] | Well, there’s still hope. | 还是有希望的 |
[41:26] | That’s why these myths and stories have endured. | 这就是这些故事还会持续 |
[41:29] | People wanna believe. | 人们愿意相信这些 |