| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [01:35] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 先生们 女士们 | 
| [01:36] | we are beginning our descent… | 我们准备15分钟后降落在 | 
| [01:39] | into Kennedy lnternational Airport. | 肯尼迪国际机场 | 
| [01:41] | We should be on the ground in 15 minutes. | 我们将在15分钟内降落 | 
| [01:45] | Any passengers needing | 有需要帮助通关或 | 
| [01:46] | help with customs forms or any other form… | 其他帮助的旅客 | 
| [02:39] | Monsieur? | 先生 | 
| [02:44] | Monsieur? | 先生 | 
| [03:56] | Come in. | 进来 | 
| [04:00] | Thank you for getting here so quickly. | 感谢你这么快来 | 
| [04:03] | There’s not much traffic at this hour. | 这时候不堵车 | 
| [04:05] | Agent Scully, this is Dr. Simon Bruin. | 史卡利探员 这是西蒙·布鲁因医生 | 
| [04:07] | He’s with the philadelphia | 他来自费城疾病 | 
| [04:08] | office of the Centers for Disease Control. | 控制中心 | 
| [04:10] | A pleasure, Dr. Scully. | 幸会 史卡利博士 | 
| [04:14] | How familiar are you with the | 你对费城的绑架案 | 
| [04:18] | kidnappings in philadelphia? | 有多熟悉 | 
| [04:20] | Only what I’ve read in the Herald, | 只在先驱报看过 | 
| [04:22] | that four young men have gone missing over the past three months; | 有4个年轻人在3个月内失踪 | 
| [04:24] | all of them African-American. | 都是非藉美国人 | 
| [04:26] | A joint F.B.I.-Philadelphia P.D. | 联邦调查局与费城警局 | 
| [04:28] | Task force has been working around the clock, | 联合调查此案 | 
| [04:31] | but there have been no leads to speak of… | 但是还没进展 | 
| [04:33] | – until last night. – What happened last night? | -直到昨晚 -昨晚怎么了 | 
| [04:36] | Owen Sanders, the man most | 欧文·山德士 最近失踪的那个 | 
| [04:37] | recently reported missing, was found dead… | 发现死了 | 
| [04:39] | – near a construction site. – How was he killed? | -死在一个工地附近 -怎么死的 | 
| [04:42] | That’s just it, Agent Scully, he wasn’t. | 问题就在这 史卡利探员 他不是被杀的 | 
| [04:45] | There was no evidence indicating homicide. | 没有谋杀证据 | 
| [04:47] | Has a cause of death been determined? | 死因确定了吗 | 
| [04:49] | No, but I’ll let Dr. Bruin give you his thoughts on that. | 没有 但我让布鲁因医生陈述看法 | 
| [04:56] | This was taken less than an hour after Sanders’ body was found. | 这是找到山德士的尸体一小时后拍的 | 
| [04:59] | I’m sorry. I thought you said that Owen Sanders was black. | 很抱歉 我以为山德士是黑人 | 
| [05:02] | – He was. – I’m not sure I follow. | -曾经是 -我不明白 | 
| [05:08] | See for yourself. | 自己看吧 | 
| [05:11] | Owen Sanders was a perfectly normal young blackman. | 欧文·山德士完全是个黑人 | 
| [05:13] | I assume you’re going somewhere with this. | 我猜你知道原因 | 
| [05:16] | The depigmentation we’re | 我们认为这种色素脱失 | 
| [05:17] | seeing may be characteristic of a disease… | 是一种疾病的特点 | 
| [05:21] | an apparently fatal one. | 一种不治之症 | 
| [05:25] | So you don’t think these men are victims of a crime at all. | 你不认为他们是被谋杀的吗 | 
| [05:28] | It’s my opinion, this investigation | 我的意见 整个调查就在 | 
| [05:30] | should begin and end under a microscope. | 实验室里进行 | 
| [05:33] | Dr. Bruin’s hope was that someone… | 布鲁图医生希望 | 
| [05:35] | with a solid medical background | 与有医学背景的人合作 | 
| [05:37] | could make a quick and decisive analysis. | 能够快速做出可靠的分析 | 
| [05:46] | Subject is a black male, 19 years old. | 死者是19岁的年轻黑人 | 
| [05:49] | Cause and time of death unknown. | 死因和时间未知 | 
| [05:52] | Total lack of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes. | 注意:皮肤 头发和眼睛缺少色素 | 
| [05:57] | The appearance of which suggests albinism, | 是白化病的特征 | 
| [06:00] | though the bleaching of the irises indicates… | 眼角膜的分裂 | 
| [06:02] | a violent and unexplained cellular reaction… | 表明强烈的 难以解释的细胞反应 | 
| [06:05] | to a vector or an environment… | 是对一种特殊环境作出的 | 
| [06:08] | I heard you were down here slicing and dicing. | 听说你在这切切割割 | 
| [06:11] | Who’s the lucky stiff? | 谁那么有幸 | 
| [06:13] | His name is Owen Sanders. | 他叫欧文·山德士 | 
| [06:15] | He was reported as the fourth kidnap victim in Philadelphia… | 是费城第四个被绑者 | 
| [06:19] | until his body turned up last night looking like this. | 他的尸体昨晚发现时就是这样 | 
| [06:22] | There’s a Michael Jackson joke | 和迈克尔·杰克逊一样搞笑啊 | 
| [06:23] | in here somewhere, but I can’t quite find it. | 但我没发现笑点 | 
| [06:25] | I have been requested to | 我受命调查他 | 
| [06:27] | determine what leeched the pigment from his body. | 身体色素流失的原因 | 
| [06:29] | – Requested by whom? – The Centers for Disease Control. | -受命于谁 -疾病控制中心 | 
| [06:32] | – The C.D.C. In a kidnap case? | 他们也查绑架案 | 
| [06:34] | – They believe that the case… | 他们相信这案子被误导了 | 
| [06:36] | has been mislabeled, that this man and the others… | 这个人和其他几个人 | 
| [06:39] | may have fallen prey to a disease or a pathogen. | 可能因疾病或病原体致死 | 
| [06:41] | Based on what other evidence? | 有其他证据吗 | 
| [06:43] | There were no external signs of trauma or defense wounds… | 他们没有受伤的痕迹 | 
| [06:46] | and his wallet was still full of cash. | 他的钱包还有钱 | 
| [06:49] | That’s interesting. | 真有趣 | 
| [06:53] | What, uh… What sort of disease is this? | 这是什么疾病 | 
| [06:57] | I don’t know. There are | 不知道 像是 | 
| [06:58] | conditions like vitiligo which attack melanocytes… | 黑素细胞被攻击 | 
| [07:01] | and prevent the manufacture of melanin in the skin; | 阻止黑色素在皮肤再生的白癜风 | 
| [07:04] | autoimmune disorders, which are nor yet clearly understood. | 是自身免疫失调 还不清楚 | 
| [07:07] | So this man died of a disorder? | 这男人因失调而死 | 
| [07:09] | He and four otheryoung black | 他与4个年轻黑人 | 
| [07:10] | men who conveniently contracted the disease… | 都患了此病 | 
| [07:12] | in succession and then | 一个接一个 | 
| [07:13] | disappeared without any explanation whatsoever. | 无故失踪 | 
| [07:15] | It’s very possible they have turned up, | 就算被找到了 | 
| [07:17] | but because of the depigmentation, | 因为色素脱失 | 
| [07:19] | there may have been a problem with identification. | 要辨认他们很难 | 
| [07:22] | So, I have reissued descriptions | 我已经把无名氏的报告 | 
| [07:24] | of John Does to area morgues and E.R.S. | 交给了疾病控制中心 | 
| [07:26] | Scully, has it occurred to you | 史卡利 你做的测试 | 
| [07:28] | that this mightjust be a little P.R. Exercise? | 只是为公关 | 
| [07:30] | – I’m sorry? – To divert attention that black men… | 不明白 为了转移这些黑人的死 | 
| [07:33] | are dying and nobody seems to be able to bring in a suspect? | 和找不到嫌疑犯的责任 | 
| [07:36] | The perception being that nobody cares. | 这些报告没有关心的 | 
| [07:38] | Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, | 不是一切都是阴谋 | 
| [07:40] | and not everybody is plotting to deceive, inveigle and obfuscate. | 不是每个人都会欺骗和设圈套 | 
| [07:47] | Did you lift any forensic evidence from the body? | 你发现了什么证据 | 
| [07:49] | Yes, hair, skin and fiber behind you on the counter. | 有 头发 皮肤和纤维 在你后面的盒子里 | 
| [07:57] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 | 
| [07:59] | I’m going to join the snipe hunt… if you don’t mind… | 我加入调查 你不介意的话 | 
| [08:02] | before the body count rises. | 希望死亡人数不会增加 | 
| [08:16] | Mr. Aboah? | 阿博先生 | 
| [08:27] | Anyone home? | 有人在吗 | 
| [08:36] | – Samuel Aboah? – Yes. | 萨默尔·阿博 是的 | 
| [08:42] | I’m Marcus Duff. Remember me? | 我是马科斯·达弗 记得吗 | 
| [08:45] | Your immigration counselor. | 你的移民顾问 | 
| [08:48] | We have an appointment to go over your naturalization petition. | 我们约了时间来谈谈你的入籍申请 | 
| [08:52] | Um, please… | 请进 | 
| [08:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [09:10] | We could use a little light in here to fill out the petition. | 可以开点灯来填申请书吗 | 
| [09:14] | Maybe you can open a window or something. | 或许你把窗打开 | 
| [09:28] | Yeah… I guess that works. | 行了 | 
| [09:31] | Have a seat, Samuel. | 坐下 萨默尔 | 
| [09:33] | This is a little complicated. | 这有点复杂 | 
| [09:39] | So… | 所以 | 
| [09:44] | You okay? You look ill. | 你没事吧 你气色不好 | 
| [09:46] | You got a fever or something? | 你发烧了还是怎么了 | 
| [09:48] | No. | 没有 | 
| [09:53] | I know how lonely it is, believe me, | 我知道好孤独 相信我 | 
| [09:58] | being in a strange place far from your family. | 因为你远离故乡 | 
| [10:02] | But once you become a U.S. Citizen, | 但当你成为美国公民 | 
| [10:06] | I can help you bring over | 我会把你 | 
| [10:08] | every brother, sister, | 兄弟姐妹都带来 | 
| [10:11] | aunt, uncle and cousin. | 还有叔叔 阿姨和老表 | 
| [10:15] | It all starts today, Samuel. | 就从今天起 萨穆尔 | 
| [10:19] | Know what I’m saying? | 知道我讲什么吗 | 
| [10:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [10:30] | Agent Pendrell, thanks for | 潘佐尔探员 感谢你 | 
| [10:32] | turning this analysis around on short notice. | 这么快就分析出来 | 
| [10:36] | Shouldn’t we wait for Agent Scully, | 我们等一下史卡利探员 | 
| [10:37] | so I won’t have to repeat myself? | 我就不用重复说一次 | 
| [10:38] | – She’s not coming. – Why not? | 她不来了 为什么 | 
| [10:40] | She had a date. | 有约会 | 
| [10:42] | Breathe, Agent Pendrell. | 放心 潘佐尔探员 | 
| [10:44] | It’s with a dead man. She’s doing an autopsy. | 她和死人约会 她正在解剖尸体 | 
| [10:46] | – You said you found something? – Yeah, asbestos fibers. | 你发现了什么吗 | 
| [10:49] | Not much there. And I didn’t think there was anything… | 对 没有多少石棉纤维 | 
| [10:52] | among the vegetable debris… all local soils, pollens, etc…. | 也没有本地土壤种植 | 
| [10:56] | till I came across this. | 经过花粉传播的蔬菜碎片 | 
| [10:59] | I had to go online with a botanist at U. | 直到我发现这个 | 
| [11:01] | V.N. To determine what it was. | 我在网上咨询了一个植物学家去证实它是什么 | 
| [11:04] | It looks like some kind of thorn. | 像一种荆棘 | 
| [11:06] | It’s a seed, actually, | 是种子 | 
| [11:07] | but nothing you’ll find at your local nursery. | 但本地菜园是找不到的 | 
| [11:11] | Adenia Volkensii. | 阿丹尼亚·沃肯塞 | 
| [11:15] | – Help me out. – It’s a rare species of passion flower. | 解释我听 是一种稀有的西番莲 | 
| [11:18] | It’s a rare, | 是稀有的 | 
| [11:19] | night-blooming plant indigenous to parts of West Africa. | 晚上开花的西非植物 | 
| [11:26] | How could this travel 5,000 | 这如何旅行5000英里 | 
| [11:27] | miles around the world and wide up on Owen Sanders? | 来到欧文·山德士身上 | 
| [11:30] | That I couldn’t tell you. | 我也无法告诉你 | 
| [11:33] | It contains a cerebropathic glycoside. | 它包含了一种生物有机酸 | 
| [11:35] | – Does that mean anything to you? | 对你有帮助吗 | 
| [11:37] | – If I’m correct, | 如果我是对的 | 
| [11:37] | it’s a cortical depressant | 它是一种控制 | 
| [11:39] | that works on the higher centers of the brain. | 脑中心的催化剂 | 
| [11:41] | – Is it lethal? – In large quantities it might be. | 会致命吗 量多就会 | 
| [11:44] | Larger than anything contained in a single seed. | 超过一个种子的量 | 
| [11:47] | Did the toxicology screen detect any of it in Sanders’ blood? | 山德士的血有毒素吗 | 
| [11:50] | No, the tox screen was clean. | 不 血是干净的 | 
| [11:54] | Could his body have metabolized the substance? | 他的尸体会代谢这些物质吗 | 
| [11:56] | Only if the victim hadn’t expired immediately. | 只要受害者还没有变质 | 
| [12:01] | – Does that tell you anything? – No, but… | 对你有什么启示 没有 但是… | 
| [12:05] | I found something that could | 我找到了死者 | 
| [12:07] | explain the depigmentation in the victim. | 色素脱失的原因 | 
| [12:09] | – His pituitary gland was necrotized. | 他的脑垂体坏死了 | 
| [12:12] | – His pituitary gland? | 他的脑垂体 | 
| [12:14] | The pituitary gland secretes | 脑垂体是产生人体激素的秘密 | 
| [12:15] | all of the regulatory hormones in the body… | 控制皮肤细胞的 | 
| [12:17] | and it controls the production of melanin in the skin cells. | 黑色素的更新 | 
| [12:21] | So, you found evidence that this is a disease? | 你可证明这是疾病吗 | 
| [12:23] | No, I have identified the effect. | 不 我知道了果 | 
| [12:26] | I am still looking for the cause. | 我还在找因 | 
| [12:28] | Okay, let me know as soon as you find anything out. | 好 有发现通知我 | 
| [12:31] | – Where are you, Mulder? | 你在哪 穆德 | 
| [12:33] | – Off to water the seeds of doubt. Bye. | 去给可疑种子浇水 再见 | 
| [12:44] | Go on in. | 进去 | 
| [13:12] | Ms. Covarrubias? | 科瓦卢比斯小姐 | 
| [13:16] | – Who are you? – Agent Mulder. Fox Mulder. | 你是谁 穆德探员 福克斯·穆德 | 
| [13:20] | – What are you doing? | 你在干什么 | 
| [13:22] | – I’m sorry I frightened you. | 对不起 吓着你了 | 
| [13:23] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 | 
| [13:25] | I’m not sure why, but I | 我不知道 但我知道 | 
| [13:26] | thought you might be in a position to help me. | 你的职位可以帮我 | 
| [13:28] | – Help you? – Four men are missing in Philadelphia. | 帮你 4个人在费城失踪 | 
| [13:32] | One of the men was found dead last night. | 其中一个昨晚发现死了 | 
| [13:35] | This seed was recovered from the victim’s body. | 这种子从他身上获得 | 
| [13:37] | It’s from a rare species of plant found only in West Africa. | 是西非的珍稀物种 | 
| [13:41] | Do you know anything about this case? | 你知道这案子吗 | 
| [13:43] | No. | 不 | 
| [13:46] | Is there anyway you could find something out about it? | 你可找出线索吗 | 
| [13:51] | Thousands of exotic species cross into U.S. | 每天有数以千计外国物种 | 
| [13:54] | Soil every day undetected. | 未被检测进入美国 | 
| [13:56] | Bilge water is emptied into harbors. | 船底的污水流进了港口 | 
| [13:59] | Produce sent through the mail. | 产品通过邮件运输 | 
| [14:01] | In practical terms, borders are little more than lines on maps. | 实际来讲 边境线比地图上的稍微宽一点 | 
| [14:06] | Is that a yes or a no? | 可以不可以 | 
| [14:09] | – I can’t help you. | 我帮不了你 | 
| [14:10] | – You can’t or you won’t? | 你不行还是不想 | 
| [14:13] | You made an overture to me. You left an opening. | 你打开了序幕 你给我念想 | 
| [14:17] | Tell me I’m wrong. Tell me | 告诉我我错了 告诉我 | 
| [14:18] | there’s nothing here, and I’ll just walk away. | 什么也没有 我就会走 | 
| [14:22] | Eitherway, I need to know. | 否则 我想知道 | 
| [15:29] | Hey, I got a schedule. | 嗨 我要按时开车的 | 
| [15:35] | You gettin’ on or not? | 你上还是不上 | 
| [15:39] | What’s your problem? You on drugs or something? | 你怎么了 你吃药了吗 | 
| [15:43] | Ah, the hell with you. You can walk for all I care. | 不管你了 你自己走路吧 | 
| [15:47] | Damned drugs. | 该死的毒品 | 
| [16:12] | He was sitting right here, | 他就坐在这 | 
| [16:13] | staring up at me with these glossy eyes. | 用奇怪的目光看我 | 
| [16:16] | – Pretty much out of it. – You mean he looked sick? | -差不多这样 -你说他的脸色难看 | 
| [16:19] | Yeah, now that you mention it. | 是的 你说对了 | 
| [16:21] | I mean, I asked him if he needed help, | 我问他是否帮忙 | 
| [16:24] | but he didn’t say squat. | 但没回答 | 
| [16:25] | Don’t forget to put down I had a schedule to keep. | 别忘了写我当时是按规定离开的 | 
| [16:29] | Did you observe anybody else in the area? | 那时有其他人吗 | 
| [16:31] | Not that I saw. | 没看见 | 
| [16:33] | I already told the police pretty much everything I know. | 我已把知道的告诉了警察 | 
| [16:36] | Excuse me. | 对不起 | 
| [16:41] | – What happened here? | 这里怎么了 | 
| [16:41] | – We have another missing young man. | 又有人失踪了 | 
| [16:43] | His name is Alfred Kittel. | 他叫阿尔弗雷德·基特 | 
| [16:44] | Seventeen years old. He’s African-American. | 17岁的非籍美国人 | 
| [16:46] | His mother called the police around 3:00 this morning. | 她母亲今早三点报警 | 
| [16:49] | – How does she know he’s missing? | 她怎么知他失踪了 | 
| [16:50] | – He works at a place down the street. | 他在街那头工作 | 
| [16:52] | He takes this bus every night, | 他每晚乘这趟车 | 
| [16:54] | and last night he never made it home. | 昨晚没回家 | 
| [16:55] | They found his knapsack on the bench here. | 在凳上发现了他的背包 | 
| [16:58] | The police are out canvassing. | 警察们已经到处搜索了 | 
| [17:01] | I talked to a bus driver who | 巴士司机讲他 | 
| [17:02] | said he seemed disoriented and non-responsive, | 恍惚和麻木 | 
| [17:05] | which seems to me like it | 可能是某种 | 
| [17:07] | might be somekind of pre-symptomatic dementia. | 痴呆症前的症状 | 
| [17:09] | -Or a reaction to a cortical depressant. | 或者是注射镇静剂的反应 | 
| [17:12] | -What are you suggesting? | 你想讲什么 | 
| [17:13] | You find Alfred Kittel, and | 你找到阿尔弗雷德 | 
| [17:15] | you find another one of those rare African seeds. | 你就发现那些稀有的非洲种子 | 
| [17:17] | What makes you so sure? | 你为什么这么肯定 | 
| [17:19] | Three months ago, one week | 三个月前 第一个人 | 
| [17:20] | before the first person was reported missing, | 失踪前一周 | 
| [17:22] | the New York Port Authoriry filed that with the F.A.A. | 纽约机场提交了一份报告给联邦航空局 | 
| [17:26] | Like Owen Sanders, this man wasn’t an albino either. | 这男人与山德士一样不是白化病 | 
| [17:28] | Not until he was found dead | 在从布基诺法索来的 | 
| [17:30] | on a flight from West Africa, from Burkina Faso. | 飞机上被发现死了 | 
| [17:33] | The embassy demanded the body | 大使馆要求在验尸前移交尸体 | 
| [17:35] | returned before an autopsy could be performed. | 死因还不明 | 
| [17:37] | It says here that the cause of death was undetermined. | 对 不明 史卡利 根本不是不明 | 
| [17:40] | Yeah, undetermined, Scully, but not necessarily unknown. | 阿博 | 
| [17:54] | “Aboah”? What the hell kind of name is that? | 什么鬼名字 | 
| [18:05] | – Mr. Aboah? – Yes? | 阿博先生 是我 | 
| [18:08] | philadelphia p.D. | 费城警局 | 
| [18:10] | We’re canvassing the | 我们在调查 | 
| [18:12] | building in regard to a missing person’s case. | 一宗失踪案 | 
| [18:14] | This is the young man we’re looking for. | 这是我们找的年轻人 | 
| [18:17] | Have you seen him? | 见过他吗 | 
| [18:20] | No. | 没有 | 
| [18:22] | Well, if you hear from anyone who has, | 如果你听到 | 
| [18:24] | or come across any information at all, | 任何消息 | 
| [18:26] | you can reach us at this number. | 可以打这个号码 | 
| [18:28] | That’s a hotline. You can call 24 hours a day. | 那是24小时热线 | 
| [18:35] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 | 
| [19:18] | 宾夕法尼亚 费城 移民局办公室 | |
| [19:22] | – I am really quite busy. | 我很忙 | 
| [19:23] | – We won’t take up much of your time. | 不占你很多时间 | 
| [19:25] | The l.N.S. District Chieftold | 地区主任告诉 | 
| [19:27] | us you were in charge of the casework… | 我们你负责 | 
| [19:29] | for aliens emigrating from Africa and the Caribbean. | 从非洲和加勒比来的人 | 
| [19:31] | I assist people from that | 我从15年前 | 
| [19:33] | part of the world where I came from 15 years ago. | 开始帮助那些人 | 
| [19:36] | We’re looking for somebody | 我们查的是最近的 | 
| [19:37] | that came a little more recently than that… | 一架从布基诺法索 | 
| [19:38] | on a flight from Burkina Faso. | 来的班机 | 
| [19:41] | This is the passenger manifest from the charter company. | 这是包机公司提供的乘客资料 | 
| [19:45] | And… you want me to do what exactly? | 你想我干什么 | 
| [19:48] | I’d like you to cross-reference the names on that list… | 想让你提交一下有谁 | 
| [19:50] | with anyone applying for | 申请工作签证 | 
| [19:51] | permanent resident status or a work visa… | 和永久居所 | 
| [19:53] | within the last three months. | 在前三个月内 | 
| [19:55] | I am a social worker, not a police officer. | 我是个社工 不是警察 | 
| [19:58] | My business is not chasing down illegals. | 我不是追查非法入境者 | 
| [20:00] | Sir, we’re not here to arrest anybody. | 我们不是要逮捕人 | 
| [20:02] | But you are F.B.I. Agents, are you not? | 你们是FBI 是吗 | 
| [20:06] | Yes, investigating a possible public health crisis. | 对 调查一个公共健康危机 | 
| [20:14] | What kind of crisis? | 什么样的危机 | 
| [20:32] | He’s not at home. | 他不在家 | 
| [20:33] | We might as well get comfortable. | 我们可松口气 | 
| [20:35] | It has to be here, Mulder. | 是这里了 穆德 | 
| [20:37] | There has to be evidence of a virus or bacterium. | 有病毒的证据 | 
| [20:41] | I think if you looked up from the microscope for a minute, | 希望你通过显微镜 | 
| [20:44] | you’d see that what’s really missing is a motive. | 就能找出失踪原因 | 
| [20:46] | The motive of any pathogen is to reproduce itself. | 病原体都是自我繁殖的 | 
| [20:50] | And my job as a doctor is | 我作为医生的工作 | 
| [20:51] | to find out if and how it is being transmitted. | 是找出它是怎么传播的 | 
| [20:53] | – If this is a health crisis. | 如果是健康的危机 | 
| [20:56] | – Death is a health crisis. | 死亡才是健康危机 | 
| [20:57] | Something caused Owen Sanders’ pituitary to fail, | 山德士的垂体被破坏 | 
| [21:00] | which in turn caused his | 使他的新陈代谢下降 | 
| [21:01] | metabolism to drop resulting in myxedema coma… | 造成粘液水肿性昏迷 | 
| [21:04] | and, finally, in death. | 导致死亡 | 
| [21:07] | Sometimes you have to start at the end to find the beginning. | 有时你要从后面开始调查 | 
| [21:10] | I hope we don’t have to find | 希望我们不用找 | 
| [21:11] | another dead body to discover what that is. | 另一具尸体来找答案 | 
| [21:13] | Maybe we won’t have to wait. | 可能不用等了 | 
| [21:18] | Mr. Aboah? Can I talk to you a minute? | 阿博先生 可以谈一下吗 | 
| [21:21] | You trying to kill yourself?. | 你想死吗 | 
| [21:36] | – Boy, this guy can move. – He’s not here. | 那家伙跑了 他不在这 | 
| [21:39] | He has to be. | 他一定在 | 
| [22:03] | Mulder, I think I know where he went. | 穆德 我知道他去哪了 | 
| [22:16] | Come on, Mulder. Let’s go. We’ve lost him. | 来吧 穆德 走吗 他跑了 | 
| [22:31] | Hey, Scully, look at this. | 史卡利 看 | 
| [22:38] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 | 
| [23:14] | 宾夕法尼亚 费城 锡安山医疗中心 下午5:45 | |
| [23:20] | From all outward signs, this man appears asymptomatic. | 种种迹象证明 这人表现为无症状的 | 
| [23:23] | I appreciate the connection you’ve tried to make, | 我欣赏你的努力 | 
| [23:24] | but I’m afraid it’s a dead end. | 但我怕毫无结果 | 
| [23:28] | With your permission, sir, I’d like to examine him some more. | 希望你准许我 | 
| [23:31] | I’d like to run a suppression test, | 继续测试 | 
| [23:33] | to do a T.S.H. Screen, take a history. | 我想进行抑制试验 拿到结果备案 | 
| [23:37] | It would help if we could talk to him. | 如果可以与他讲就好了 | 
| [23:40] | – I’m working on that. – All right. | -我会努力的 -好的 | 
| [23:46] | – Nothing? – Nor yet. | 没事吧 还没有 | 
| [23:48] | But that doesn’t mean he isn’t a carrier or even the index case. | 但不能讲他不是带菌者或者指示病例 | 
| [23:52] | He’s some kind of case | 他还是可以躲在 | 
| [23:53] | the way he disappeared down that drain pipe. | 排水管的特例 | 
| [23:54] | Why has Samuel Aboah been arrested? | 为什么萨默尔被捕了 | 
| [23:59] | You said his health was in danger. | 你说他健康有危险 | 
| [24:02] | Why have I been lied to? | 为什么骗我 | 
| [24:03] | Nobody has lied to you, sir. | 没有人骗你 先生 | 
| [24:05] | Then, please, release him immediately. | 请马上放了他 | 
| [24:08] | We would like to do some more tests on him. | 我们要为他做测试 | 
| [24:10] | We have to be certain his | 要保证他的健康 | 
| [24:12] | health hasn’t been endangered and others. | 和他人的健康 | 
| [24:14] | – Then why have you called me? | 为什么叫我来 | 
| [24:16] | – As a translator. | 做翻译 | 
| [24:18] | We’d like to be able to ask him some questions. | 我们可以问他问题 | 
| [24:20] | – About what? – About Alfred Kittel… | 关于什么 关于阿尔弗雷德·基特 | 
| [24:23] | and about several other young men who have gone missing… | 关于失踪的另外几个 | 
| [24:25] | since his arrival in Philadelphia three months ago. | 自从他三月前来到费城 | 
| [24:27] | Th-Then this is about a criminal charge. | 这可是犯罪指控 | 
| [24:31] | There are no charges against Mr. Aboah. | 不会指控阿博先生 | 
| [24:33] | We arrested him when we tried to question him. | 我们想问他时 他跑了 | 
| [24:36] | I want to know why he ran. | 我想知为什么 | 
| [24:37] | Sir, if you had ever been beaten by the police… | 先生 如果你被警察打过 | 
| [24:42] | or had your home burned to | 或者家被毫无理由的 | 
| [24:43] | the ground for no other reason than being born, | 烧掉了 | 
| [24:45] | then, maybe, you would understand why he ran… | 你就会知道他为何要跑 | 
| [24:49] | and why you would run too. | 你也会跑的 | 
| [24:51] | That man ran because he’s hiding something. | 那是因为他藏了东西 | 
| [24:55] | And no amount of tests you run on him, | 测试测不出来 | 
| [24:57] | no science is gonna find that. | 科学解释不出来 | 
| [24:59] | – Where are you going? – To find someone who I know… | 你去哪 我知道 | 
| [25:01] | plotted to deceive, inveigle and obfuscate. | 那个掩埋真相的人 | 
| [25:16] | Minister, this is Agent Mulder with the F.B.I. | 部长 这是FBI 穆德探员 | 
| [25:19] | Thank you for seeing me at such a late hour, sir. | 谢谢你这么晚来见我 | 
| [25:22] | I did not have much ofa choice in this matter. | 我别无选择 | 
| [25:25] | Someone from the United Nations spoke to the ambassador directly. | 联合国的人直接交代大使 | 
| [25:29] | What’s so important that it can’t wait? | 有什么事等不及了 | 
| [25:33] | With all due respect, sir, I think you already know. | 恕我直言 我想你知道 | 
| [25:36] | Do I? | 是吗 | 
| [25:39] | Something happened on a | 三个月前 | 
| [25:40] | flight from your country three months ago, | 从贵国来的飞机上出事了 | 
| [25:42] | something that you felt compelled to hide, | 你千方百计想瞒着 | 
| [25:44] | even from your own ambassador. | 甚至连大使也瞒着 | 
| [25:45] | The State Department said… | 国务院讲 | 
| [25:47] | the request to stop investigating this man’s death came from you. | 停止调查的命令是你下达的 | 
| [25:55] | Now, I understand the need to protect your diplomatic position, | 我明白要维护你的外交地位 | 
| [25:58] | but more men are dying, sir. | 但有更多人死了 先生 | 
| [26:05] | Even if I tell you what I know… | 即使我告诉你 | 
| [26:09] | you would never believe it. | 你也不会信 | 
| [26:11] | You’d be surprised at what I believe, sir. | 你会惊讶我的理解程度 | 
| [26:16] | I had hoped, if I closed my eyes, | 我希望闭上眼后 | 
| [26:19] | it would go away this time. | 这次它会消失的 | 
| [26:22] | “This time”? | 这次 | 
| [26:26] | My people… | 我的人民 | 
| [26:30] | the Bambara, | 班巴拉人 | 
| [26:32] | are farmers. | 是农民 | 
| [26:34] | I grew up hearing the old stories, | 我是听老故事长大的 | 
| [26:38] | believing them as only a child can believe. | 小孩相信所有故事 | 
| [26:41] | What kinds of stories? | 什么故事 | 
| [26:46] | The Teliko. | 特里科 | 
| [26:50] | Spirits… | 空气中的 | 
| [26:53] | of the air. | 邪灵 | 
| [26:57] | It was said they rested by day… | 据说它们白天 | 
| [27:00] | in closed, dark places… | 在封闭黑暗地方休息 | 
| [27:02] | deep inside tree hollows… | 在树洞里 | 
| [27:05] | and in holes beneath the ground… | 在地底的洞穴 | 
| [27:08] | too small even for a child to hide himself. | 很小 连小孩子也钻不进 | 
| [27:13] | Mr. Aboah? | 阿博先生 | 
| [27:16] | Only when the sun fell, | 只有太阳落下 | 
| [27:19] | when the rest of the world was sleeping, | 当世界处在睡眠中 | 
| [27:23] | would they come out. | 他们就出来了 | 
| [27:25] | Come out to do what, sir? | 出来干什么 先生 | 
| [27:28] | I was seven years old. | 我那时7岁 | 
| [27:31] | Lying awake one night, I saw him. | 一天夜里醒来 我见到他 | 
| [27:36] | He was standing over me. | 他站在我前面 | 
| [27:39] | His hair was like straw; | 他的头发像稻草 | 
| [27:42] | his eyes like water, | 眼睛象水 | 
| [27:46] | staring down at me. | 盯着我 | 
| [27:48] | I closed my eyes and screamed… | 我闭上眼尖叫 | 
| [27:52] | and felt my self being swept up into the air. | 感觉被卷进空气中 | 
| [27:58] | But when I opened my eyes, | 当我打开眼 | 
| [28:02] | I saw my father holding me. | 发觉父亲抱着我 | 
| [28:05] | Then it was a nightmare. | 是一个恶梦 | 
| [28:08] | That’s what my father said, | 我父亲也这样说 | 
| [28:10] | and I believed him… | 我信他了 | 
| [28:13] | until the next day… | 直到第二天 | 
| [28:15] | when they found my cousin… | 当他们发现 | 
| [28:18] | dead among his cattle… | 我表弟死在他的牧场 | 
| [28:24] | looking exactly like this man. | 就像这男人一样 | 
| [28:35] | Which is why… | 所以 | 
| [28:37] | when this photograph came across my desk | 这照片在三月前 | 
| [28:40] | three months ago, | 被送来我这里 | 
| [28:43] | I knew the Teliko was more than | 我才相信特里科 | 
| [28:46] | just a children’s story. | 不只是个童话 | 
| [28:48] | I knew it was real. | 我知道它是真的 | 
| [28:52] | I knew he was here. | 我知他在那里 | 
| [29:05] | This patient appears to have something in his throat, | 这病人喉咙里东西 | 
| [29:07] | somekind of a berrant bone growth… | 脊骨长得不正常 | 
| [29:10] | or maybe something foreign lodged in his esophagus. | 或许是异物塞住了他的食道 | 
| [29:13] | Hmm. Could be a lot of things. | 那可能是很多东西 | 
| [29:16] | You’d be amazed what I’ve | 你会为在急救室从喉咙里面 | 
| [29:17] | seen removed from throats in emergency rooms. | 取出的东西感到惊讶 | 
| [29:20] | That’s only part of it. | 只是一部分 | 
| [29:23] | I discovered something more | 我在透视后发现了更可怕的东西 | 
| [29:25] | disturbing when his P.E.T. Series came back. | 看这里的矢状面 | 
| [29:28] | Look right here on the sagittal section, | 在下丘脑的下面 | 
| [29:30] | right below the hypothalamus. | 一定是哪里不对 | 
| [29:33] | – There must be some mistake. – There’s no mistake. | 没错 | 
| [29:38] | This patient has no pituitary gland. | 这病人没有下垂体 | 
| [29:40] | But that’s not possible. | 不可能 | 
| [29:42] | I can’t even begin to explain what we’re seeing here, sir. | 我也解释不了 | 
| [29:46] | I just hope this patient | 我希望他 | 
| [29:47] | can-can provide us with some of the answers. | 会给我们答案 | 
| [29:49] | You’ll have to find him first. | 你先要找到他 | 
| [29:52] | – What are you talking about? | 你讲什么 | 
| [29:53] | – I was looking for you in quarantine. | 我刚才在隔离区找你 | 
| [29:55] | Samuel Aboah is gone, disappeared. | 萨默尔·阿博不见了 失踪了 | 
| [30:31] | Samuel? | 萨默尔 | 
| [30:34] | You scared me. | 你吓倒了我 | 
| [30:41] | They let you out of the hospital? | 他们让你出院了 | 
| [30:43] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:46] | Everything is fine? | 没事吧 | 
| [30:50] | Samuel… did you want to see me about something? | 萨默尔 你来找我有事吗 | 
| [30:56] | Well, come on. Let me give you a ride home. | 来吧 我捎你回家 | 
| [31:00] | We can talk about it on the way. | 我们边走边谈 | 
| [31:02] | Lucky for you I was working late. | 你真幸运 我下夜班 | 
| [31:05] | Yes. Lucky. | 对 好幸运 | 
| [31:08] | Come, let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [31:22] | When did this happen? | 何时发生的 | 
| [31:26] | Thank you, Lieutenant. I appreciate it. | 谢谢你 副队长 我非常感谢 | 
| [31:28] | Mulder… | 穆德 | 
| [31:30] | I think this was his get away vehicle. | 我想他就是躲在这里 | 
| [31:34] | He didn’t even touch his Jell-O. | 他还没碰他的果冻 | 
| [31:36] | Let’s go. That was the Philadelphia P.D. | 走吧 那是费城警局的事 | 
| [31:38] | Marcus Duff’s car turned up abandoned… | 马科斯·达弗的车被遗弃了 | 
| [31:40] | with the keys in the ignition and the hood still hot. | 钥匙还未拨出 车盖还是热的 | 
| [32:23] | 6834, requesting ambulance in alley | 6834 西樱桃街1163后巷 | 
| [32:27] | behind 1163 West Cherry. | 需要急救车 | 
| [32:28] | African-American male age 35… | 有个35岁的非籍男子 | 
| [32:34] | Do you know what happened to him? | 你知道他出什么事了吗 | 
| [32:36] | I won’t even try to guess what happened to him, but he’s alive. | 我不想猜什么事 他还活着 | 
| [32:39] | What about Aboah? Any indication of where he might be? | 阿博呢 他在哪 | 
| [32:42] | We’re still sweeping the area. | 我们在搜索这一带 | 
| [32:44] | I’ll keep you posted | 会向你报告的 | 
| [32:45] | He’s got to be around here somewhere. | 他一定在附近 | 
| [32:47] | He can’t have gotten far. | 走不了多远 | 
| [32:48] | This guy can squeeze into a coffee can, | 这家伙可钻进咖啡罐 | 
| [32:50] | Scully. He could be anywhere. | 史卡利 他可在任何地方 | 
| [32:51] | – They’ll find him. | 他们会找到他 | 
| [32:52] | – He’ll find another victim. | 他会找另一个受害者 | 
| [32:54] | – How do you know? | 你怎么知道 | 
| [32:54] | – We interrupted before he could finish. | 我们要阻止他 | 
| [32:57] | – Interrupted his killing Duff? | 阻止他杀达弗 | 
| [32:58] | – The killing is incidental, Scully, | 谋杀是随机性的 史卡利 | 
| [33:00] | to a far more basic need. | 是为了满足生理需要 | 
| [33:03] | – What need? – If Aboah has no pituitary, | 什么需要 | 
| [33:06] | then his bodywould lack | 如果阿博没有脑垂体 | 
| [33:07] | the ability to produce melanin itself, right? | 他的身体就不产生黑色素 | 
| [33:09] | – Theoretically, yes. | 理论上是 | 
| [33:10] | – When you examined him, | 当你测试他时 | 
| [33:12] | you didn’t observe one single albino trait or characteristic. | 你没有观察到白化特征吗 | 
| [33:15] | Considering his P.E.T. Scan results, | 根据他的透视结果 | 
| [33:17] | I don’t even know how he managed to stay alive. | 我不知他靠什么生存 | 
| [33:19] | That’s what I’m talking about: survival; and not just Aboah’s. | 这就是会想讲的 生存 不光是阿博 | 
| [33:22] | I think the anomaly you observed is not just physiological. | 你所观察的不只是生理上的异常 | 
| [33:25] | – I think it may be evolutionary. | 也许是进化上的 | 
| [33:27] | – What are you talking about? | 你讲什么 | 
| [33:29] | A lost tribe, a clan of sub-Saharan albinos… | 一个失踪的 撒哈拉以南的白肤族 | 
| [33:33] | linked by their common congenital deficit… | 由于天生缺陷 | 
| [33:35] | who’ve adapted over generations by… | 一代传一代 | 
| [33:37] | By stealing other people’s hormones? | 通过偷取别人的荷尔蒙 | 
| [33:39] | Somehow, Aboah has managed to survive. | 阿博不知如何活下来 | 
| [33:43] | However he’s managed to survive, what… | 他毕竟活下来了 | 
| [33:47] | what makes you think he’s not an isolated case? | 为什么他不是单独案例 | 
| [33:49] | Because of something somebody told me last night. | 因为昨晚有人告诉我了 | 
| [33:54] | An African folk tale. | 一个非洲神话 | 
| [33:57] | So, you’re basing this theory on a folk tale? | 你根据它来判断吗 | 
| [34:01] | It’s just another way of describing the same truth, right? | 这也是描述事实的方法 | 
| [34:03] | All new truths begin as heresies | 所有新事实以邪说开头 迷信结尾 | 
| [34:05] | and end as superstitions. We fear the unknown. | 我们害怕未知的东西 | 
| [34:07] | We reduce it to the terms most familiar to us, | 就把它归纳为我们熟悉的东西 | 
| [34:09] | whether that’s a folk tale or a disease… | 不管是神话还是疾病 | 
| [34:12] | or a conspiracy. | 或者是个阴谋 | 
| [34:17] | Even if you’re right… especially if you’re right… | 即使你没错 | 
| [34:21] | why would he leave his own country to come here? | 为什么他要出国来这里 | 
| [34:24] | Free cable. I don’t know. | 免费电视 我不知 | 
| [34:25] | The same reasons anybody comes to this country: | 很多人来这里的理由 | 
| [34:28] | liberty, the freedom to pursue your own interests. | 为了追求自由 追求梦想的自由 | 
| [34:31] | Look at that. | 看那 | 
| [34:33] | – What are you doing? | 你想怎样 | 
| [34:35] | – It’s a demolition site. | 是个废墟 | 
| [34:37] | Why are we here, Mulder? | 为什么来这 穆德 | 
| [34:40] | Pendrell found asbestos fibers on Owen Sanders’ body. | 潘佐尔探员在山德士体内找到石棉纤维 | 
| [34:44] | You remove asbestos from an old building before you tear it down. | 拆房前要卸去纤维板 | 
| [34:50] | It would have to come from somewhere. | 不知道是那一部分的 | 
| [36:13] | Scully? | 史卡利 | 
| [36:17] | Scully! | 史卡利 | 
| [36:21] | Mulder? | 穆德 | 
| [36:32] | Mulder? | 穆德 | 
| [36:40] | Mulder? | 穆德 | 
| [37:04] | Mulder? | 穆德 | 
| [37:38] | Mulder? | 穆德 | 
| [38:58] | Mulder. | 穆德 | 
| [39:06] | Mulder, are you okay? | 穆德 你没事吧 | 
| [39:45] | It’s okay, Mulder. I’m here. Okay? | 没事了 穆德 我在这 没事吧 | 
| [40:24] | I’m sorry, Mulder. | 对不起 穆德 | 
| [40:40] | 911 Operator. | 911接线员 | 
| [40:43] | This is Agent Dana Scully with the F.B.I. | 史卡利探员 | 
| [40:45] | Requesting immediate E.M.S…. | 需要紧急救援 | 
| [40:47] | and police assistance. | 还有警方协助 | 
| [40:48] | – I’m in Liberry Plaza. – May I have your badge number? | -我在自由广场 -你的证件号 | 
| [40:51] | My badge number? | 我的证件号 | 
| [41:04] | No. | 不 | 
| [41:06] | Liberry Plaza. | 自由广场 | 
| [41:10] | There’s a demolition site on the north side of the street. | 北街有个工地废墟 | 
| [41:40] | Special Agent Dana Scully, | 特别探员史卡利 | 
| [41:43] | Field Journal Entry number 74. | 外勤日记74号 | 
| [41:46] | Despite acute trauma to his pituitary gland, | 尽管下垂体受到严重的创伤 | 
| [41:49] | Marcus Duff was discharged early this morning… | 马科斯·达弗今早从锡安山医疗中心 | 
| [41:52] | from Mt. Zion Medical Center. | 出院了 | 
| [41:54] | He is expected to testify before a grand jury… | 他将接受大陪审团关于 | 
| [41:58] | in the capital case against Samuel Aboah… | 萨穆尔·阿博的死刑聆询 | 
| [42:00] | who is being charged with five counts of murder. | 他被指控五项谋杀 | 
| [42:04] | It remains uncertain, however, | 阿博是否能活着上庭 | 
| [42:07] | whether Aboah will live long enough to stand trial. | 尚未知 | 
| [42:10] | His response to hormone therapy has been poor, | 他的荷尔蒙治疗效果不理想 | 
| [42:13] | his deterioration progressive. | 持续恶化 | 
| [42:17] | My conviction remains intact… | 我的信念未动摇 | 
| [42:19] | that the mechanism by which Aboah killed, and, in turn, survived, | 阿博杀人的现象 | 
| [42:23] | can only be explained by medical science, | 只能被医学解释 | 
| [42:26] | and that science will eventually discover his place… | 科学最终能揭开 | 
| [42:29] | in the broader context of evolution. | 在进化大背景下他这种现象 | 
| [42:32] | But what science may never be able to explain… | 但科学无法解释 | 
| [42:36] | is our ineffable fear of the alien among us,; | 我们对外星人莫名其妙的恐惧 | 
| [42:40] | a fear which often drives us not to search for understanding, | 我们害怕到不敢探索 | 
| [42:43] | but to deceive, inveigle and obfuscate,; | 只会用欺骗 诱惑 混淆 | 
| [42:48] | to obscure the truth not only from others… | 不但欺骗了别人 | 
| [42:52] | but from ourselves. | 也蒙敝了自己 |