时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Monongahela. We’re en route with a male cardiac, | 莫农加希拉 我们在护送一位男性心脏病患者 |
[00:15] | age 62. ETA in 12. | 年纪62岁 12点达到 |
[00:18] | Copy. ETA in 12. Crash unit standing by. | 收到 到达时间12点 急救小组准备好了 |
[00:21] | How’s he looking, Leonard? | 他情况怎么样 莱纳德 |
[00:23] | Up to his ass in alligators. | 情况不妙 |
[00:30] | – Is he going into arrest? – No, he’s not. | 心跳停止了吗 没有 |
[00:43] | – What did you do? – Aspirated his chest. | 你干什么 舒缓他的胸部 |
[00:47] | He has a tension pneumothorax | 一个张力性气胸压迫他的心脏 |
[00:48] | pressing on his heart. It just looked like a cardiac. | 他好像有心脏病 |
[00:51] | – Nice catch. How did you know? – Because he’s dying of cancer. | 你真棒 你怎么知道的 因为他是癌症晚期 |
[00:57] | It’s already eaten through one lung. | 癌细胞扩散到他的肺 |
[01:00] | That’s amazing. How did you know, Leonard? | 了不起 你怎么知道的 莱纳德 |
[01:35] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[01:43] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[01:55] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[02:16] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[03:15] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[04:54] | 宾夕法尼亚州匹兹堡 莫农加希拉医学中心 | |
[05:21] | Pretty cosy. Who’d ever wanna leave? | 多舒适的地方 谁也不想离开 |
[05:24] | Whoever got locked in here last night, I guess. | 昨晚一定有人锁在里面 |
[05:27] | That would be one Leonard Morris Betts, age 34. | 一个叫做莱纳德·莫里斯·贝特斯 34岁 |
[05:30] | But it should be noted that when | 但当莱纳德昨晚来到这时 |
[05:32] | Mr Betts arrived here last night he was sans head. | 头已经掉了 |
[05:35] | He was decapitated. | 救护车撞车时身首异处 |
[05:37] | He was an emergency medical technician for this hospital. | 他是医院的急救组成员 |
[05:40] | – A very good one, apparently. – What about the morgue attendant? | 很出色 受过很多嘉奖 当地报纸写的 |
[05:45] | Somebody cold-cocked him and stole his clothes. | 太平间的值班人员呢 被打昏后衣服被偷了 |
[05:48] | He didn’t see who. No alarms tripped, no sign of a break-in. | 他没看见别人 也没响警报 也没有人闯入 |
[05:52] | – It’s weird, huh? – What are we doing here? | 奇怪吧 穆德 我们来干什么 |
[05:55] | Did I mention Mr Betts had no head? | 莱纳德的头不是没了吗 |
[05:57] | Yes. So? You’re not suggesting that a headless body… | 你不是想说这个无头尸 |
[06:01] | ..Kicked its way out of a latched morgue freezer, are you? | 从一个锁着的冷藏室跑出来 |
[06:04] | Are you? Because I think it’s | 开玩笑 这一定是想隐瞒什么 |
[06:06] | obvious this is a bizarre attempt at a cover-up. | 要隐瞒什么 |
[06:08] | – Meant to conceal what? – Body snatching for profit? | 我猜是偷尸体赚钱 |
[06:12] | There’s a shortage of cadavers at medical schools. | 医学院的尸源很紧张 |
[06:15] | An unscrupulous medical supplier might pay top dollar. | 不法分子靠卖尸体赚钱 没人问尸体的来源 |
[06:18] | But why take a headless one and leave top-dollar bodies behind? | 为什么要把旁边完整的尸体留下来呢 |
[06:22] | Sir? Those video grabs you asked for. We found something. | 这是你要的录相带 我们发现了一些东西 |
[06:28] | These are from the emergency-room camera, | 这是凌晨四点十三分 |
[06:31] | taken at 4.13 this morning. | 从急救室拍下来的 |
[06:33] | There’s your perpetrator, in the stolen uniform. | 那疑犯穿着偷来的制服 |
[06:36] | You can’t see very much on these. What’s all this stuff here? | 很不幸 看不到很多 这些是什么东西 |
[06:41] | Bad video. The security system isn’t exactly state-of-the-art. | 摄像机不是很好 监视系统很落后 |
[06:45] | What did he do with the corpse he stole? | 如果这是疑犯 他偷的尸体呢 |
[06:47] | Maybe he was forced to abandon it. | 可能惊慌失措 不得不丢弃它 |
[06:49] | We combed the facility. | 我们检查了整个医院 |
[06:51] | Where could he hide a body where it couldn’t be found? | 为什么没发现尸体 |
[06:54] | I’ll show you. | 我给你看点东西 |
[06:57] | All hospitals operate some form of medical-waste processing. | 医院都有处理手术垃圾的方式 |
[07:01] | This unit disposes of surgical remains. | 这个设备是处理手术后留下的东西 |
[07:04] | Amputations, excised tumours… | 截肢 切除的肿瘤 |
[07:07] | They’re ground up and heated with microwaves,… | 他们用微波炉加热磨碎 |
[07:10] | ..And the result is a sterile soot that’s used as road fill. | 最后成了无菌烟尘用来填路 |
[07:14] | Then there’s nothing for us to find. | 可能没有我们要找的东西 |
[07:17] | That depends how often they dispose of their waste. | 那要看他们处理垃圾的频率 |
[07:20] | Hopefully, only once every few days. | 每几天只有一次 |
[07:28] | We’re in luck. | 很幸运 |
[07:30] | Are you sure about this? If you’re not sure, | 你确定吗 史卡利 如果你不确定 |
[07:32] | I don’t see any reason to disturb all this stuff… | 我看没有理由破坏这些东西 |
[07:35] | Mulder, I need help. Your arms are longer. | 穆德 我要你来帮忙 你的手长一点 |
[07:50] | Oh. I think I got the toy surprise. | 我想我找到了 |
[07:58] | Leonard Betts. | 莱纳德 |
[07:59] | That’s his head,… | 那是他的头 |
[08:01] | ..But where’s his body? | 身体呢 |
[08:04] | Maybe he didn’t dispose of the body. | 没有足够的空间 他可能没有处理身体 |
[08:06] | Maybe he got it out of here somehow. | 他可能丢到外面去了 |
[08:08] | Why take time to dispose of the head? | 那他浪费时间处理头干什么 |
[08:11] | Maybe there’s an answer here. Something you should check out. | 不知道 也许答案就在这里 要靠你来查了 |
[08:15] | We know he died in an automobile accident. | 我们都知道他死于车祸 |
[08:17] | What more is there to know? | 还有什么好查的 |
[08:18] | Maybe nothing, but it’s all we got. | 也许没有 但我们得找出来 |
[08:21] | You should find a place to examine Betts’s head. | 你看能找个地方检查他的头吗 |
[08:23] | – While you do what? – Check his house. | 你呢 去检查他的家 |
[08:26] | I wanna see how he lives. | 我们知道他怎么死 我要看看他怎么活着 |
[08:28] | – Lived. – Lived. | -生前 -生前 |
[08:47] | Case number 226-897. Leonard Betts. | 第226-897号案例 莱纳德 |
[08:51] | As remains are incomplete, | 尸体不完整 |
[08:53] | all observations refer to a decapitated head. | 只能检查他的头部 |
[08:56] | 10.9 pounds. | 重10.9磅 |
[08:59] | Remains show no signs of rigor mortis or fixed lividity. | 没有僵硬 铁青色 |
[09:06] | Nor do the corneas appear clouded,… | 眼角膜没有出现浑浊 |
[09:09] | ..Which would seem inconsistent | 这和报告的死亡时间不符 |
[09:11] | with the witnessed time of death, 19 hours ago. | 现在过了19个小时 |
[09:16] | I’ll begin with the inter-mastoid incision and frontal craniotomy,… | 我要做乳突间的切口和额部开颅术 |
[09:21] | ..Then make my examination of the brain. | 然后检查大脑 |
[09:24] | Oh! God! | 天啊 |
[09:51] | – Which one? – This one here. | 哪一间 这一间 |
[09:58] | – Thanks. I’ll lock up. – OK. | -谢谢 我会锁上-好的 |
[11:25] | – Mulder. – It’s me. | 穆德 是我 |
[11:27] | I’ve run into kind of a unique situation here. | 我碰到很奇怪的事 |
[11:30] | what did you find -so far,not much | 你发现什么 还没有 |
[11:33] | I did a PET scan on Leonard Betts’s remains. | 我对莱纳德的头做了正子扫描 |
[11:37] | Actually, four times now. | 做了四次 |
[11:38] | And each time the images come out degraded,… | 每次的图像结果都不同 |
[11:41] | ..Like it’s fogged somehow. | 让人百思不得其解 |
[11:44] | – Like the security footage. | 像监视录像一样 |
[11:46] | – This is cutting-edge technology here. | 这是最先进的技术 |
[11:48] | The technicians say the machine is working perfectly. | 技术员说机器运作很正常 |
[11:52] | The only thing that could account | 他们还说图像变形 |
[11:54] | for the image distortion is some form of radiation. | 只能是射线才会引起 |
[11:57] | But I don’t see how or where it could be emanating from. | 我不知道是从哪来的射线 |
[12:01] | – What did your examination uncover? | 你发现了什么 |
[12:03] | – I haven’t performed an examination yet. | 我还没有开始检查 |
[12:06] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[12:07] | Well, because I, uh… | 因为我 |
[12:10] | ..I experienced an unusual | 我碰到了不寻常的死后电击反应 |
[12:12] | degree of postmortem galvanic response. | 那头动了 |
[12:16] | – The head moved? – It blinked at me. | 向我眨眼睛 |
[12:19] | I know exactly what it is. | 我知道是什么原因 |
[12:22] | It’s residual electrical | 他剩余的生物电仍储存在 |
[12:23] | activity stored chemically in… in the dead cells. | 死亡细胞里 |
[12:27] | Blinked or winked? | 眨眼睛还是皱眉 |
[12:30] | You’re afraid to cut into it. | 你害怕发现什么 |
[12:32] | Scully, you’re not saying that it’s alive, are you? | 史卡利 你不会说他还活着 |
[12:35] | No. I am certainly not saying that at all. | 不是这个意思 |
[12:38] | But has it crossed your mind that it’s not quite dead, either? | 但你也想过还没全死 |
[12:41] | – What do you mean? – I’m standing here in Betts’s apartment. | 什么意思 我就在莱纳德的房里 |
[12:44] | Whoever we saw in those video grabs, | 我们在录像看到的人 |
[12:46] | his clothes are strewn all over the floor. | 把他的衣服到处都是 |
[12:49] | Made himself at home. Maybe he was home. | 弄得他好像在家 也许他就在家 |
[12:52] | – Leonard Betts. – Yeah. | 莱纳德 是的 |
[12:55] | – Without his head. – Yeah. | 没有头 是的 |
[12:59] | Mulder, I don’t even know how to respond to that. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[13:02] | I’m gonna put the building under surveillance,… | 我要叫警察监视这个地方 |
[13:05] | .. just in case whoever it is comes back. | 万一什么人回来 |
[13:07] | I’ll be in touch. | 迟些再给你电话 |
[13:48] | Michele? | 米歇尔 |
[13:50] | Michele Wilkes? | 米歇尔·威尔克斯 |
[13:52] | – Yes. – I’m Fox Mulder. I’m with the FBI. | 什么事 我是调查局的穆德探员 |
[13:56] | You’re responsible for | 是你处理 |
[13:57] | the disposition of Leonard Betts’s remains. | 莱纳德的遗体的 |
[14:00] | He didn’t have any family. | 我告诉你 |
[14:01] | No friends either, as far as I could tell. | 他没有家人 没有朋友 |
[14:04] | – Except you. – I liked him. | 除了你 我喜欢他 |
[14:07] | But I wasn’t really his friend. | 但不是他朋友 |
[14:09] | He didn’t let people get that close. | 他不让人靠近 |
[14:12] | I’m not sure I could call myself his partner. | 我不确定我们是不是搭档 |
[14:14] | Mostly I stayed out of his way. | 总是他一个人自己做 |
[14:16] | – What do you mean? – He was an amazing medical technician. | 什么意思 他的技术很好 |
[14:19] | He could diagnose illness better than any doctor I’ve ever seen. | 他比我见过的医生的诊断能力都强 |
[14:24] | You know how they say some people | 你知道有些人能看着人 |
[14:26] | can just look at you and tell you what’s wrong? | 就说出他生了什么病 |
[14:29] | Leonard could do that. Especially with cancer. | 莱纳德办得到 特别是对癌症 |
[14:32] | He should have been an oncologist. | 我说他是个肿瘤专家 |
[14:34] | He used to volunteer weekends at the cancer ward. | 他经常自愿去癌症病房 |
[14:37] | Read to patients, stuff like that. | 为病人读报 |
[14:39] | Did you ever notice anything about him? Anything odd? | 注意到他有什么异常吗 |
[14:43] | No. Well, he never got sick. | 没有 他从没病过 |
[14:46] | That was pretty amazing, doing what we do. | 这真是奇怪 |
[14:50] | – He was the picture of health. – Was he ever injured on the job? | 他很健康 他受过公伤吗 |
[14:53] | No. Never. | 没有 |
[14:55] | I mean, until… | 直到 |
[14:57] | Oh, yeah. | -知道 |
[14:59] | I’m sorry. | -对不起 |
[15:00] | I don’t know what all this has to do with someone stealing Leonard’s body. | 这和莱纳德尸体被盗有什么关系 |
[15:04] | It almost sounds like you’re investigating Leonard. | 你好像在调查莱纳德 |
[15:08] | No, no… Thanks for bearing | 没有 谢谢你回答我的问题 |
[15:09] | with my questions. I appreciate your time. | 打扰了 |
[15:27] | This is biopolymerisation, a high-tech mummification process. | 这过程叫做生物聚合 也就是高科技木乃伊化 |
[15:32] | The remains are dipped in the epoxy. | 遗体浸在环氧树脂里 |
[15:34] | Once it’s cured, the specimen can be sliced for examination. | 可以用来进行切片检查 |
[15:38] | Or you got yourself a nice paperweight. | 或者你可以用来压纸 |
[15:41] | At any rate, we should have some autopsy answers for you soon. | 至少 做手术后就能给你些答案了 |
[15:46] | I’m starting with an anterior slice from your Mr Betts,… | 我开始为莱纳德做切片手术 |
[15:51] | ..One favouring the frontal lobe. | 一个有效的额叶 |
[16:01] | – Well, this is certainly strange. – What? | 很奇怪 什么 |
[16:04] | – There’s something wrong with the image? | 这图像有问题吗 |
[16:06] | – In a manner of speaking. | 怎么说呢 |
[16:08] | Here, see for yourself. | 自己看 |
[16:14] | Oh, my God. His entire brain looks like one giant glioma. | 天啊 他的头像个巨脑胶质瘤 |
[16:18] | – He had cancer? – He was riddled with it. | 他有癌症吗 全是癌细胞 |
[16:21] | Every cell in the sample. | 每个细胞都癌变了 |
[16:22] | Every cell in his entire head and in his brain… | 这个脑袋全是癌细胞 |
[16:25] | ..Was all cancerous. It’s completely pervasive. | 已经扩散了 |
[16:29] | – Could you live in this condition? – Live? | 这种状况能活吗 想活 |
[16:32] | This man would have been long dead before reaching such an extreme metastatic stage. | 这种状态之前就该死了 |
[16:36] | How do you explain it? | 那该怎么解释 |
[16:37] | Maybe the polymerisation process distorted the sample somehow. | 也许是处理过程出错吧 |
[16:41] | Maybe we’re not really seeing what we think we’re seeing. | 可能不是我们看到的这样 |
[16:46] | Maybe we’re just seeing it clearly for the first time. | 也许和我们第一次看到一样 |
[16:49] | – What are you suggesting? – Let’s get a slice to go. | 你想说什么 不管什么切片了 |
[16:59] | Monongahela, 136, en route with a male not responding to CPR. | 136号运送一位男性做了心肺复苏也没反应 |
[17:04] | Please advise. | 请给些建议 |
[17:07] | Dispatch, somebody pick up, please. | 调度 请派人来救助 |
[17:12] | Allegheny Catholic, 208. | 阿勒格尼 208号 |
[17:14] | I know you’re up to your ass in alligators… | 我知道你火烧眉毛 |
[17:18] | Michele? | 米歇尔 |
[17:21] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[17:23] | Let’s go here. | 我们走 |
[17:25] | Michele! Come on! | 米歇尔 |
[17:30] | It seems to be working. Good call, 208. | 好像很有用 谢谢208 |
[17:33] | – Thanks for the tip. – Glad I could help. | 谢谢你的建议 很高兴我能帮忙 |
[17:38] | Oh, wow. I’ve never worked with a sample of human tissue before. | 我从来没见过这样的人的组织 |
[17:43] | What exactly were you looking to find? | 你们想找什么 |
[17:43] | 马里兰大学 查理斯·波尔克博士实验室 | |
[17:46] | – I’ll tell you if we find it. – Excellent. | -如果我们知道会告诉你的 -太好了 |
[17:48] | Are you ever asked to | 你被要求为这种合理的科学 |
[17:49] | defend this as a legitimate scientific process? | 程序做过辩护吗 博士 |
[17:52] | Only if you’re not happy with the results. | 除非你对结果不满意 |
[17:55] | Chuck did pioneering work in Kirlian photography in the US. | 切克在克里安照相术方面是楚翘 |
[17:58] | Although I prefer the umbrella term “Aura photography”. | 我更喜欢灵气摄影这个术语 |
[18:02] | By applying high-frequency electricity,… | 我来用一下高平电流 |
[18:05] | ..I am able to photograph an organism’s coronal discharge. | 可以拍到器官的电晕放电 |
[18:09] | – Coronal discharge? – Coronal discharge. Life force. | 电晕放电 电晕放电 这是生命的力量 |
[18:12] | “Chi” Is an accepted fact in most Eastern cultures. | 这就是中国人叫的气 这是东方文化里的事实 |
[18:15] | And the theoretical basis of holistic medicine, of acupuncture. | 那理论是有传统医学基础的 例如针灸 |
[18:19] | What is its application here? | 但和这里要做的有什么联系 |
[18:21] | It may account for the fogging | 也许就是你给莱纳德的头 |
[18:22] | of your PET scan of Leonard Betts’s head. | 进行正子扫描遇到的问题 |
[18:33] | You know, with this equipment, | 有了这个仪器 |
[18:35] | I have been able to capture phantom images… | 我们就能通过半片叶子 |
[18:38] | ..Of whole leaves that were cut in half,… | 获取整片叶子的幻像图像 |
[18:41] | ..Or the vestigial image of a lizard’s tail long after it’s been cutoff. | 或者通过一条被砍掉很久的尾巴得到猎豹形象 |
[18:45] | Which, you have to admit, is pretty cool. | 真叫绝啊 |
[18:51] | It looks like we got somethin’ here. | 好像有发现 |
[18:55] | Oh, yeah. | 好极了 |
[18:58] | Now, I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, but… | 我不知道你们要找什么 |
[19:05] | Oh, yeah. There’s definitely some kind of energy happenin’ here. | 这里好像真的有能量 |
[19:11] | Chuck, would you believe | 切克 |
[19:13] | that this man’s head had been decapitated? | 你相信这个人身首异处吗 |
[19:16] | – Oh, come on. No way. – Way. | 不可能 就是这样 |
[19:22] | Are we happy with the results? | 我们都满意这个结果吗 |
[19:28] | Those sure as hell looked like shoulders to me. | 我不知道 史卡利 看起来像肩膀 |
[19:31] | I don’t even know how to explain that photo, | 我也不知道怎么解释 |
[19:33] | or even what it proves. | 甚至不知道能证明什么 |
[19:35] | What if it proves that Betts is alive? | 万一证明莱纳德还活着 |
[19:37] | – Mulder! – You said he was riddled with cancer. | 穆德 你说过莱纳德的组织里有癌细胞 |
[19:40] | What is cancer but normal | 是什么癌症 |
[19:41] | cells growing rapidly out of control,… | 让癌细胞快速增长 |
[19:43] | ..Usually caused by damage to their DNA. | 是因为DNA受到伤害吗 |
[19:46] | – Where is this going? – Let me tell you. | 不知道你哪来的念头 |
[19:48] | What if the cancer was not caused by damaged DNA? | 万一不是由于DNA被破坏而引起的癌症呢 |
[19:51] | If the cancer was not a destructive factor, | 癌症不是致死的原因 |
[19:54] | but was rather the normal state of being? | 而是不正常的原因 |
[19:57] | Even if that were possible, he’s been decapitated. | 即使他已经掉了头 |
[20:00] | What if this man’s life force, | 万一他还有气 |
[20:02] | his chi, whatever you want to call it,… | 不管你叫什么 保留着自己的形态 |
[20:04] | ..Somehow retained a blueprint of the man himself,… | 让他快速生长的不是癌症 |
[20:07] | ..Guiding rapid growth not as cancer but as regeneration? | 而是再生 |
[20:11] | You think Leonard Betts regrew his head? | 你说莱纳德重新长出头来 |
[20:13] | The fluid that I found in Betts’s bathtub was povidone-iodine. | 我在莱纳德房间的浴缸找到很多聚维酮碘 |
[20:17] | It’s often used by lab researchers on reptiles to aid regeneration. | 研究人员用来帮助爬行动物和两栖动物再生的 |
[20:21] | We both know that salamanders have grown entirely new limbs. | 我们知道蝾螈会再生四肢 |
[20:25] | Salamanders are one thing, but | 蝾螈那是另一回事 |
[20:27] | no mammal possesses that kind of regenerative power. | 但哺乳动物没有这个能力 |
[20:30] | There is no creature that can regrow its head. | 这个地球上没有一个行走动物能再生一个头来 |
[20:32] | Worms. You cut a worm in half, you get two. | 蠕虫 切成两段 变成两条 |
[20:35] | Mulder, they’re worms. | 穆德 那是蠕虫 |
[20:37] | I’m just saying it’s not unheard of. | 我只是想说并不是没有 |
[20:39] | Well, someone is going | 有没有 |
[20:40] | to great lengths to dispose of the evidence. | 都要有大量的证据 |
[20:43] | Maybe Betts is trying to protect his secret. | 也许莱纳德想保护自己的秘密 |
[20:50] | Scully. | 史卡利 |
[20:57] | Great. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[20:59] | Leonard Betts did have secrets. | 看来莱纳德有些秘密 |
[21:01] | One of them being that he had an alter ego named Albert Tanner. | 他有了另外一个身份 阿尔伯特·坦纳 |
[21:05] | Who? | 谁 |
[21:06] | I had Danny run the fingerprints. | 我叫丹尼查了指纹 |
[21:08] | Two names came up: the second was Albert Tanner. | 上面有两个名字相符 第二个是阿尔伯特坦纳 |
[21:11] | Albert Tanner has a relative, Elaine Tanner, his mother,… | 但不太像莱纳德 阿尔伯特有个活着的亲人 |
[21:15] | ..Who just happens to live here in Pittsburgh. | 他母亲 伊莲恩 就住在匹兹堡 |
[21:26] | – Elaine Tanner? – Yes. | -伊莲恩·坦纳吗 -是的 |
[21:27] | I’m Agent Scully. This is Agent Mulder. We’re with the FBI. | 我是史卡利 这是穆德 联邦调查局的 |
[21:31] | – Oh. What can I do for you? – Is your son Albert Tanner? | 什么事 你有个叫阿尔伯特的儿子吗 |
[21:35] | We’d like to ask you some questions. | 我们想问你几个问题 |
[21:43] | Please excuse me for one second. I’ve got something on the stove. | 请稍等 我在煮东西 |
[21:52] | Scully. | 史卡利 |
[22:06] | – Mrs Tanner, is this your son? – Yes. That’s Albert. | 坦纳太太 这是你儿子吗 就是阿尔伯特 |
[22:09] | We know this man as Leonard Morris Betts. | 有个叫莱纳德的人 |
[22:12] | – Are you familiar with that name? – No. | 你认识吗 不认识 |
[22:15] | Do you know if your son used any other names? | 你知道你儿子用其他的名字吗 |
[22:17] | Why are you asking me about him? | 为什么你要问我关于他的事 |
[22:21] | Mrs Tanner, are you aware that your son has recently died? | 你发现你儿子刚过世了吗 |
[22:25] | What do you mean, “Recently”? | 你什么意思 刚过世 |
[22:27] | When did your son die? | 你儿子什么时候死的 |
[22:29] | Six years ago. He was killed in an automobile accident. | 六年前 死于车祸 |
[22:33] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[22:34] | Would it be possible to get a copy of the death certificate? | 有死亡证明吗 |
[22:39] | Of course. | 当然有 |
[22:43] | Confused yet? | 觉得诡异了吗 是的 |
[22:47] | 宾夕法尼亚州匹兹堡 阿勒格尼天主教医院 | |
[22:58] | Excuse me. I’m… I’m looking for an EMT,… | 我在找一个急救医士 |
[23:02] | ..The man driving unit 208. | 驾驶208救护车的人 |
[23:04] | The new guy. 208’s over there. | 是个新人 在那 |
[23:06] | He just went off shift, but you might catch him. | 他刚下班 你也许可以赶上他 |
[23:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:15] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[23:38] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[23:48] | Oh, my God. It can’t be. How can it be? | 天啊 不可能 |
[23:54] | – Leonard, is it you? – Hey, Michele. | 是你吗 莱纳德 米歇尔 |
[24:00] | It’s OK. | 没事的 |
[24:10] | It’s OK. | 没事的 |
[24:19] | I just wish you hadn’t found me, that’s all. | 我只希望你没找到我 |
[24:22] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[24:25] | Leonard? | 莱纳德 |
[24:29] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:50] | Hey! You there! | 嗨 你在干什么 |
[24:53] | Hold it! | 别跑 |
[24:59] | Come back here! | 快回来 |
[25:02] | Stop where you are! | 站这别动 |
[25:26] | Stay there, you son of a bitch. | 呆在这 混蛋 |
[25:29] | Ronnie? | 罗尼 |
[25:31] | – Oh, pick up, man. – Go ahead. | 快接对讲机 说吧 |
[25:33] | We got a situation in the parking lot. | 停车场有情况 |
[25:35] | This guy just attacked some woman. | 这家伙袭击了一位妇女 |
[25:37] | She’s up at the ambulance parking area. | 她在急救车停车区 |
[26:00] | I’m gonna check on that guy. | 我去看一下那家伙 |
[26:45] | Siskel or Ebert? | 希斯科尔还是埃伯特 |
[26:48] | – What’s the story? – Michele Wilkes was murdered. | 怎么回事 米歇尔被谋杀了 |
[26:51] | We wouldn’t know that if the security guard hadn’t witnessed it. | 如果警卫没有看到的话 我们就无从得知 |
[26:55] | I found an auto injector in the grass. | 我在草丛中发现了注射器 |
[26:57] | She was given a lethal dose of potassium chloride. | 她被注射了一针致死的氯化钾 是电解质 |
[27:00] | It’s an electrolyte found naturally in the body. | 普遍存在于身体 |
[27:02] | A coroner doesn’t check for it. | 法医一般不会注意 |
[27:04] | Betts was here. She discovered that, | 莱纳德在这 一定她发现了莱纳德 |
[27:06] | then he killed her to protect his secret. | 他得杀了她来保护自己的秘密 |
[27:08] | The security guard did ID him as her attacker. | 保安确定是他袭击了她 |
[27:11] | He worked as an EMT, | 他是急救人员 |
[27:12] | but his co-workers said his name was Truelove. | 但同事叫他真爱 |
[27:14] | Do you know how this man escaped? He tore off his thumb,… | 知道这人怎么逃的吗 他把姆指掰断 |
[27:18] | ..Because he knew he could regrow another one. | 因为他能再长一只 |
[27:21] | It just doesn’t work that way. | 穆德 那是不可能的 |
[27:22] | But is Betts’s ability | 很难想像吗 |
[27:24] | to regenerate any greater a leap forward… | 莱纳德能再生 |
[27:26] | ..Than our ancestors’ ability to communicate with language? | 我们的祖先只会交流和直立行走 |
[27:30] | But language, evolution… It’s a process of steps, not leaps. | 但进化是需要过程的 而不是跳跃 |
[27:34] | Recent evolutionary theory would disagree. | 进化理论已经很多不同意见 |
[27:36] | What scientists call punctual equilibrium… | 科学家把这叫做守时或准时平衡 |
[27:39] | ..Theorizes that evolutionary | 该理论认为进化是催化的 |
[27:40] | advances are cataclysmic, not gradual. | 而不是渐进的 |
[27:42] | That evolution occurs not along a | 进化不是沿着一条直线 |
[27:44] | straight graphable line but in huge fits and starts,… | 而是这个断断续续的过程 |
[27:47] | ..And the unimaginable happens in the gaps. | 发生了难以想象的区别 |
[27:50] | The gap between what we are and what Betts has become. | 这就是我们和莱纳德的区别 |
[27:53] | What you’re describing is someone so evolved… | 但像你描述得这么匪夷所思 |
[27:55] | ..That you wouldn’t even call him human. | 这样的根本不是人 |
[27:58] | On the other hand, how | 那好 |
[28:00] | evolved can a man be who drives a Dodge Dart? | 那能开道奇达特的是什么东西 |
[28:14] | Oh, my God. “Myeloid sarcoma – epithelial carcinoma.” | 天啊 髓系肉瘤 上皮癌 |
[28:18] | These are all cancerous tumours. | 这些是癌症肿瘤 |
[28:20] | This is surgical waste, tagged for disposal. | 应该被处理掉的 |
[28:23] | – What do you think he wanted with them? | 他用来干什么 |
[28:25] | – You may not want to know. | 你一定不想听 |
[28:26] | There’s a possibility that Leonard Betts not only is cancer… | 莱纳德可能不止是癌症 |
[28:30] | But that he needs it for survival? | 他需要这来活命 |
[28:34] | – So this is… – Snack food. | 你说的是 食物 |
[28:36] | Wouldn’t it make sense that natural selection… | 我知道不可思议 这是进化或者自然选择 |
[28:39] | ..Would incorporate cancer, the greatest health threat, | 把癌症 心脏病作为 |
[28:42] | as part of our genetic make-up? | 基因组成的一部分 |
[28:44] | Why do I think Charles Darwin is rolling in his grave? | 我想的是达尔文从坟墓里出来了 |
[28:46] | Ask yourself: why is Leonard Betts an EMT? | 想想看 为什么莱纳德当救护员 |
[28:49] | Why does he regularly visit cancer wards? | 为什么他经常去癌症病房 |
[28:51] | Access. | 是去获取 |
[28:53] | The car’s registered to one Elaine Tanner, 3108 Old Bank Road. | 车是伊莲恩·坦纳 老河岸路3108号 |
[28:57] | Betts’s mom. | -莱纳德的妈妈 |
[28:59] | Do you think Mom knows her dead son is tooling around in her car? | -他妈妈会知道 她死去的儿子在用她的车吗 |
[29:08] | Elaine Tanner? We have a warrant to search the premises. | 伊莲恩·坦纳 我们有搜查令 |
[29:18] | Mrs Tanner, we know your son | 坦纳太太 我们知道你的孩子还活着 |
[29:19] | is alive and that you’re in contact with him. | 你们还有联系 |
[29:22] | You need to tell us where we can find him. | 告诉我们在哪能找他 |
[29:26] | Last night he murdered a woman in cold blood. | 昨晚他残忍的杀了个女人 |
[29:29] | By lying to protect him, | 如果你想保护他 |
[29:31] | you are considered an accessory to murder. | 你就成了从犯 |
[29:35] | Can you tell me what you use this for? It’s a pretty big bottle. | 这么大的瓶子用来干什么 |
[29:39] | You get a lot of cuts? | 你受了很多伤啊 |
[29:42] | When my son was eight years old,… | 我孩子8岁的时候 |
[29:45] | ..There were two boys who picked on him because he was different. | 有两个孩子踢他 因为他与众不同 |
[29:49] | He just ignored them. He knew he was better than they were. | 他不理他们 他知道比他们棒 |
[29:55] | One day they cornered him walking home. Beat him up. | 有一天 他回家时被打了 |
[29:59] | He didn’t even try to fight back. | 他没有还击 |
[30:02] | Just lay there, taking the blows. | 就躺在那儿被打 |
[30:05] | So I don’t believe you when you tell me he killed anyone. | 所以我不相信他会杀人 |
[30:10] | But, if he did, he had his reasons. | 如果这么做 一定有他的原因 |
[30:13] | – What reasons, Mrs Tanner? – God put him here for a purpose. | 什么原因 上帝派他来这里是有原因的 |
[30:18] | God means for him to stay, even if people don’t understand. | 上帝让他活着 别人是不能理解的 |
[30:24] | And that’s all I’ve got to say. | 我只能说这么多 |
[31:41] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[31:45] | I’m sorry, but you’ve got something I need. | 你有我要的东西 |
[31:53] | Scully? | 不好意思 史卡利 |
[31:57] | – Find something? – No sign. Not even a stray sock. Just this. | -找到什么 -没有 只有这个 |
[32:02] | – A receipt for a storage locker. | 是一个储物柜的收据 |
[32:04] | – A key on his key ring has “112” On it. | 钥匙号码是112 |
[32:09] | Let’s check it out. | 查一下 |
[33:22] | Scully. | 史卡利 |
[34:07] | Mr John Gillnitz. Death from massive blood loss… ..Due to what I can only | 约翰·杰林尼特茨死于流血过多 |
[34:12] | describe as a skillful removal of his left lung. | 他的左肺被熟练地切除 |
[34:15] | – It’s Betts. – Doing what? | -是莱纳德 -为什么 |
[34:17] | This man’s medical records will show he had lung cancer. | 史卡利 看他的病例他得了肺癌 |
[34:20] | – And Betts was in need of what he had. | 这正是莱纳德所需 |
[34:22] | – How would he have known that? | 他怎么知道的 |
[34:23] | He had an ability to diagnose cancer. | 他的搭档告诉我 他有诊断癌症的超常能力 |
[34:27] | Maybe his need provided a heightened sense. | 也许他需要加强他的能力 |
[34:29] | Well, whatever he was doing, he’s taking the secret to his grave. | 怎么都好 他已经把秘密 带到坟墓里了 |
[34:33] | Yeah, for the second time. | 是的 死了两次了 |
[34:38] | Mulder, Leonard Betts is dead. | 莱纳德死了 |
[34:40] | Of that I am absolutely certain. And he is not coming back. | 百分百他不会再出现 |
[34:44] | You would’ve said that about Albert Tanner. | 你也说过阿尔伯特·坦纳 |
[34:46] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[34:48] | Six years ago Tanner dies in an accident. His mother buries him. | 六年前阿尔伯特死于车祸 是他妈埋了他的 |
[34:51] | Several days ago he shows up as Leonard Betts. Explain that. | 几天后 一个叫莱纳德的人出现 |
[34:54] | – Maybe the first death was staged. – You wanna bet on that? | 也许第一次死亡是伪造的 你想打赌吗 |
[35:29] | Will the real Leonard Betts please stand up? | 真的莱纳德会站起来吗 |
[35:31] | These men may be no more than monozygotic twins. | 穆德 他们可能是双胞胎 |
[35:34] | I think that what we’re standing witness to here… ..Goes way beyond the | 我不这么认为 |
[35:38] | regeneration of a thumb or a limb or a head. | 我们见证的不是姆指或四肢 甚至头的重生 |
[35:41] | Mulder, I don’t know what you’re getting at. | 为什么你要这么说 |
[35:43] | Regeneration of an entire body? | 你说的是整个人的重生吗 |
[35:45] | I don’t know why I’m listening. | 真不敢相信我听到了什么 |
[35:47] | Because I think that the fiery crash that killed this man was a ruse,… | 因为我认为车祸是伪造的 |
[35:51] | ..And that this man lying here is still at large. | 真正的人实际上仍在逃 |
[36:03] | I’m scared, honey. The FBI,… | 我很害怕 那些联邦调查局的 |
[36:07] | ..They seem to know all about you. They dug up the coffin. | 他们好像知道你的一切 他们打开了棺材 |
[36:12] | They found your friend. | 他们找到你的朋友 |
[36:15] | I don’t think they’re ever going to leave you alone. | 我想他们不会放过你的 |
[36:19] | And you’re weak. | 你还很弱 |
[36:22] | You have to restore your strength. | 要重新积蓄能量 |
[36:25] | You know what you have to do. | 你知道该干什么 |
[36:32] | I’m your mother. | 我是你妈妈 |
[36:35] | And it’s a mother’s duty to provide. | 妈妈的职责就是给予 |
[36:50] | If this man really exists, what makes you think he’d come here? | 如果这人还活着 他为什么要回来 |
[36:54] | The only person who knows his secret is his mom. | 知道秘密的只有他妈妈 |
[36:57] | If we get him, it’ll be through her. | 要找到他 只能通过她 |
[37:17] | – Get out of the truck! – Federal agents! | 下车 联邦探员 |
[37:20] | Whoa! Whoa! What the hell…? | 怎么回事 |
[37:23] | – What are you doing here? – We got a call. | -你们来干什么 -我们接到电话 |
[37:25] | Elderly woman with massive | 老河岸3108号的 |
[37:27] | chest trauma and blood loss. 3108 Old Bank. | 一个老妇人胸部受伤 失血过多 |
[37:29] | – Believe me, that’s all we know. – Stay here. | 相信我 我们就知道这些 呆在这 |
[37:52] | Mulder, get the EMTs up here! | 穆德 快叫救护员进来 |
[37:56] | Guys, get in here! | 进来 |
[38:05] | She has an open wound. A surgical cut. | 大伤口 是外科手术 |
[38:09] | Three guesses what was removed. | 猜猜看切掉了什么 |
[38:12] | He did this to her, and then he called an ambulance. | 他动手术后再叫救护车的 |
[38:17] | Judging by the response time, he might still be here. | 根据救护车来到的时间 他一定还在附近 |
[38:30] | Betts is gone. He must have taken off on foot. | 莱纳德走了 没有开车 |
[38:33] | Well, she’s gonna be OK, Mulder. | 她没事 还在昏迷 |
[38:35] | We might be able to get where he went out of her. | 我想看看他从她身上拿了什么 |
[38:38] | You stay with her. I’ll call | 你和她在一起 |
[38:40] | the local PD and have them cordon off the area. | 我叫警察包围这里 |
[38:43] | This is Special Agent Mulder. I’ve got an emergency situation. | 我是穆德探员 这里发生了紧急情况 |
[38:47] | I need all available units to 3108 Old Bank Road. | 请派人到老河岸3108号 |
[38:50] | I’m searching for a murder suspect. | 我要找个杀人犯 |
[39:20] | Mulder, Mrs Tanner’s going into the ER, | 穆德 是我 伊莲恩送到了急救中心 |
[39:22] | but she took a downturn en route. | 但她处于昏迷状态 |
[39:25] | They defibrillated her, but there’s | 他们想恢复她的心律 |
[39:27] | no chance of getting anything cogent from her. | 但希望不大 |
[39:29] | What about on your end? | 今晚是不成了 你那边呢 |
[39:31] | We’re going house to house here. | 我们正在逐屋搜查 没有其他办法 |
[39:34] | We’ve got a chopper coming, | 我们有直升飞机 |
[39:35] | but I’d say Betts has a pretty good chance of getting away. | 但我想莱纳德可能逃脱了 |
[39:38] | If he steals a car or gets a ride, he could get away for good. | 如果偷了车或者打车 他就逃之夭夭了 |
[39:41] | He worked this thing out pretty well. | 他在这方面很善长 |
[39:44] | So if there’s anything you can get out of Mrs Tanner tonight… | 如果你从坦纳太太那里得不到什么信息 |
[39:47] | At this point we don’t have much else to go on. | 我们就一无所获了 |
[39:52] | Get over here right now. | 穆德 快过来 |
[39:54] | – What? – Get over here right now. | 什么 立即过来 |
[40:23] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:27] | But you’ve got something I need. | 你有我需要的东西 |
[41:12] | Oh, my God. Let’s get a crash cart. | 天啊 快叫担架 |
[41:41] | They pronounced Betts ten minutes ago. | 莱纳德10分钟前死去了 |
[41:44] | – He’s dead? – As near as anyone can tell. | 死了 已经确认了 |
[41:47] | His mom’s alive, due to the | 他妈妈活下来了 |
[41:49] | fact that Betts dressed her wounds so carefully. | 因为莱纳德很小心地处理伤口 |
[41:51] | She’ll pull through, for now. | 她能活过来的 至少暂时 |
[41:54] | – Cancer. – Yeah. | 癌症 是的 |
[41:59] | “Metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma”, to be precise. | 精确的说 她是转移性横纹肌瘤 |
[42:02] | She was treated for it previously. | 她以前治疗过 |
[42:04] | Got a clean bill of health about three months ago. | 三个月前进行过健康检查 |
[42:11] | You did a good job, Scully. | 你干得很好 史卡利 |
[42:15] | You should be proud. | 你应该骄傲 |
[42:20] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |