时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – We’re almost there. – | 我们差不多到了 |
[00:07] | – How you doin’, hon ? – | 感觉怎么样 |
[00:09] | Breathe deeply. | 深呼吸 |
[00:11] | Just like that. There you go. You’re doin’ great. | 这样对了 你做得很棒 |
[00:15] | Yeah, real great. | 对 真够好 |
[00:17] | Ma’am ?Ma’am ?Ma’am, I’ll | 女士 我要 |
[00:18] | need your full name and social security number. | 你的全名和社会保障号 |
[00:21] | Amanda Nelligan. 545020809. | 阿曼达·尼里根 号码545020809 |
[00:25] | – Your insurance carrier ? Great. – Atlantic Mutual. | -你的保险公司 -亚特兰大相互公司 |
[00:28] | Is there anyone you need us to contact ? | 有我们需要联系的人吗 |
[00:30] | – The father of the baby ? | -孩子的爸爸 |
[00:31] | – I’m not sure how to get a hold of him. | -我不知道怎样联系他 |
[00:33] | – Give me his name. I can try. – He’s not from around here. | -告诉他的名字 我试试 -他不是本地的 |
[00:37] | – Is he from out of state ? – Another planet. | -他不是本州的 -另一个星球 |
[00:43] | All right, we’re here now. Hold on. | 行 我们到了 继续 |
[00:51] | One more little push, Amanda. | 小小用力 阿曼达 |
[00:53] | There you go. You’re gonna set a speed record. Great. | 对了 你会创下生产最快记录 太好了 |
[00:57] | There’s a cute face. Doll syringe. | 看到很萌的脸了 注射器 |
[01:02] | This is like the lndy500. | 长得像印第安纳·琼斯 |
[01:05] | Here comes the shoulder. | 肩膀出来了 |
[01:08] | Good. Okay, Amanda. | 好….. 阿曼达 |
[01:12] | That’ll do it ! Oh. | 行了 |
[01:15] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[01:17] | – What ? What is it ? – It’s okay. She’s just fine. | -什么 什么事-没事 她没事 |
[01:22] | Perfectly healthy. | 很健康 |
[01:25] | No problem. Everything’s gonna be A-OK. | 没问题 一切会好的 |
[01:29] | – You’ve got a healthy baby girl. – | 你有一个健康的女孩 |
[01:32] | Oh, a little girl! | 小女孩 |
[01:45] | Good Lord, not another one ! | 上帝啊 但愿是最后一个 |
[02:22] | I admit the photo’s a little over the top, | 我知道相片有点夸大 |
[02:25] | but, um, what do you think, Scully ? | 但是 你认为呢 史卡莉 |
[02:27] | Not seriously. | 你当真 |
[02:30] | – Children born with vestigial | -有尾巴的孩子 |
[02:31] | tails don’t interest you ? – Codal appendages. | 你不感兴趣吗 -附加物 |
[02:33] | Fetuses have them. | 胎儿都有 |
[02:34] | Their coccyx enlarges to contain the spinal fluid, | 他们的尾椎增大可以保存脊椎液 |
[02:37] | and then it shrinks as the child develops. | 随着孩子长大就会收缩 |
[02:39] | Occasionally, it doesn’t. | 偶尔也有不会 |
[02:41] | It’s extremely rare but it has been known to happen. | 虽然很少见 但发生过 |
[02:44] | Five times within the last three months ? | 3个月内出现5个吗 |
[02:46] | All in a town with a population of less than 15,000 people ? | 在一个不到15000人的镇子 |
[02:50] | – I’d say that’s a little | -我只能说 |
[02:51] | more than a statistical anomaly. – So would l. | 统计数据也有不准的 -我也认为 |
[02:53] | No, Mulder, l– I think you’re right. | 不 穆德 我想你是对的 |
[02:56] | I think that something | 我想 |
[02:57] | about this definitely warrants investigation. | 有些东西绝对要调查 |
[03:00] | Only not by us. I’d say that | 不仅仅是我们 我想这 |
[03:01] | it is a job for the local Health Department. | 是当地卫生部门的一项工作 |
[03:04] | I called around. They’re already investigating. | 我打过电话 他们正在调查 |
[03:07] | So what else about this interests you ? | 还有什么让你感兴趣的 |
[03:11] | Could it be, uh, visitors from space ? | 可能是外星来客吗 |
[03:20] | The doctor said that… | 医生说 |
[03:22] | my baby’s gonna be fine. | 我的孩子会没事 |
[03:24] | She’s really healthy. | 她很健康 |
[03:26] | And when she gets to be a few months old, | 当她几个月大后 就把它剪掉 |
[03:31] | – That’s good to hear. – Yeah. | -不错 -是的 |
[03:34] | Did you experience any | 你在怀孕时有没有 |
[03:35] | unusual complications during your pregnancy ? | 不寻常的并发症 |
[03:38] | Did you undergo any kind of fertility treatment ? | 有过生育治疗吗 |
[03:41] | No. I wasn’t trying to get pregnant. | 不 我压根没想怀孕 |
[03:44] | I guess you could just sort of say I’m a single mom now. | 你现在说我是单身母亲 |
[03:49] | When you were admitted, you said that the, uh, | 你认为 你说过 |
[03:52] | the baby’s father was from another planet. | 孩子的爸爸是外星人 |
[03:54] | What did you mean by that exactly ? | 什么意思 |
[03:56] | You know, that… he’s not from this planet. | 他不是这个星球的 |
[03:59] | Were you abducted ? | 你被绑架了吗 |
[04:02] | Huh ? No. | 没有 |
[04:06] | No. He dropped by my apartment one day, | 不 一天他来过我的公寓 |
[04:09] | and one thing sort of led to another. | 事情自然而然的发生了 |
[04:12] | But the baby’s father is an alien. | 但孩子的爸爸是外星人 |
[04:15] | No ! No, I didn’t say he was an alien. | 不 ..我没说他是外星人 |
[04:18] | I said he was from another planet. | 我说他是来自另一个星球 |
[04:20] | His name is Luke Skywalker. He’s what’s known as a Jedi Knight. | 他是天行者卢克 他就是著名的绝地武士 |
[04:29] | – Did he have a light saber ? – No, he didn’t bring it. | -他有光剑吗 -他没带 |
[04:33] | He did sing a song for me, though. | 他为我唱了一首歌 |
[04:45] | How many times have you seen Star Wars, Amanda ? | 你看过多少次星球大战 阿曼达 |
[04:48] | Three hundred sixty-eight. | 368次 |
[04:50] | I should break 400 by Memorial Day. | 在纪念日我要打破400次 |
[04:54] | Okay. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[04:57] | Wait a minute, wait. | 等等…. |
[05:00] | You know these four other babies that were born here with tails ? | 你知道这里出生的其他4个孩子都有尾巴吗 |
[05:03] | – Uh-huh. – There couldn’t be any chance… | 不会这么巧 |
[05:07] | Luke’s the father, is there ? | 父亲都是卢克吧 |
[05:23] | Okay, all right. I’ve got it, thank you. | 好 行 我明白了 谢谢 |
[05:28] | Take your best shot, Scully. | 有得忙的 史卡利 |
[05:30] | I think there’s more going | 我想这发生的不仅仅是 |
[05:31] | on here than Luke Skywalker and his light saber. | 天行者卢克和他的光剑 |
[05:34] | I think you’re right. | 我想你是对的 |
[05:38] | Are you coming ? | 你来吗 |
[05:45] | Here are the P.C.R.S that we ran for the five children. | 这是我们为5个孩子进行的基因测试 |
[05:48] | We put calls into the parents. | 我们通知他们的父母 |
[05:50] | We’ll blood test all the husbands, | 我们要验所有丈夫的血 |
[05:52] | -hopefully by this afternoon just to double-check. – Good. | -希望下午进行双重检查 -好的 |
[05:54] | They’ll be none too happy. I have to confess… | 老实说 他们不会高兴的 |
[05:57] | this answer seems so strangely obvious, | 结果看起来如此明显 |
[05:59] | I probably wouldn’t have checked for it. | 我都不想检查 |
[06:03] | What answer ? | 什么结果 |
[06:05] | You see here, these identical band trait matches, | 你看这里 这些频带特征都是相同的 |
[06:10] | all showing a small loss of apart of chromosome number eight ? | 都没有染色体8号 |
[06:13] | Each of these five children, | 这五个孩子 |
[06:15] | born to five different women, all share the same father. | 同父不同母 |
[06:18] | – Yeah ? – I should have thought of it sooner. | -是吗 -我想很快就知道结果 |
[06:20] | This kind of appended birth | 这种天生缺陷 |
[06:22] | defect is often passed on within a family. | 通常在同一家庭遗传下去 |
[06:23] | Meaning the father had a tail as well ? | 就是说父亲也有尾巴 |
[06:26] | Though he most likely had | 他可能 |
[06:27] | it surgically removed somewhere along the way. | 通过手术切除了 |
[06:29] | How would this happen ? | 这怎么可能 |
[06:31] | Birds and the bees and the monkey babies, Mulder. | 鸟 蜜蜂 猴子都有尾巴 穆德 |
[06:34] | Birds do it, bees do it, even educated M.D.S do it. | 鸟有 蜜蜂有 即使受过教育的医学博士也有 |
[06:37] | All five of these women shared the same OB-GYN, didn’t they ? | 这五个女人都有一个妇产科医生吗 |
[06:41] | Well, yeah. He’s the only one in town. | 是的 镇上就他一个妇产科医生 |
[06:44] | And four of the five women, the four married women, | 除了阿曼达·尼里根 |
[06:46] | not including Amanda Nelligan, | 其他都结婚了 |
[06:48] | are on record as receiving | 都接受了 |
[06:50] | insemination therapy as a means of conception. | 人工受精 |
[06:54] | So you’re thinking that the | 你认为 |
[06:55] | doctor might have something to do with it ? | 与医生有关 |
[06:57] | So much for not putting all your eggs in one basket. | 别把鸡蛋放在同一个篮子里 |
[07:05] | We should find the best lawyer we can. | 我们得找最好的律师 |
[07:09] | Because I definitely plan to sue. That’s all I’m saying, Fred. | 因为我要起诉 我只说这么多 费雷德 |
[07:12] | Babboo, let me do the talking. I’ll handle this. | 巴布 让我来说 让我来处理 |
[07:15] | -Just tell him we’re gonna sue. – Ah, you too, huh ? | -告诉他我们要起诉 -你们也要起诉啊 |
[07:22] | What the hell did you do ? | 你干了什么 |
[07:24] | – Yeah, Alton. – What did you do ? | -对 奥尔顿 -你怎么搞得 |
[07:27] | I didn’t do anything. We’re gonna figure this out. I promise. | 我什么也没做 我发誓要查出来龙去脉 |
[07:30] | Look, everybody, just relax. | 各位 放心 |
[07:32] | – Don’t you tell me to relax ! | -别叫我放心 |
[07:34] | What happened to my sperm ? – Yeah, mine too! | 我的精子怎么了 -对 我的也是 |
[07:36] | – Whose did you use ? – It’s bad enough having a boy with a tail. | -你用了谁的 -孩子有尾巴已经糟糕透了 |
[07:39] | Then you find out it’s not even yours ! | 结果还不是你的 |
[07:42] | For God’s sake, Alton, how many of us are there ? | 上帝 奥尔顿 我们多少是这样的情况 |
[07:45] | I’m Special Agent Mulder | 我是联邦调查局的 |
[07:46] | with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. | 穆德特别探员 |
[07:48] | – This is Agent Scully. – Great ! Arrest this son of a bitch. | 这是史卡莉探员 太好了 逮捕这个婊子 |
[07:51] | No, sir, settle down. Nobody’s going to be arrested. | 冷静 不会逮捕谁 |
[07:53] | – We’re just here to find out what’s goin’ on. | 我们是来看看到底发生了什么事 |
[07:56] | – Alton didn’t use my sperm. | 奥尔顿没有用我的精子 |
[07:57] | I most certainly did. Each of you women… | 我当然用了 每个女人 |
[07:59] | was inseminated with your husband’s own sperm and nobody else’s. | 授的都是你们丈夫的精子 |
[08:02] | Why was it necessary to inseminate in these cases ? | 为什么要人工授精呢 |
[08:05] | It was a sperm motility issue. | 因为精子缺乏活力 |
[08:06] | The intrauterine process that I used… | 我用的是子宫受孕 |
[08:08] | has about a 40 percent chance of success. | 有40%的成功率 |
[08:11] | I was surprised. It seemed to work all four times. | 我感到惊奇 四次都成功了 |
[08:16] | – The only thing I can think of is– – What ? | -我唯一能想的是..-什么 |
[08:19] | Maybe it never worked at all. | 或许根本就不起作用 |
[08:21] | What are you saying ? I want to know what he means by that. | 你胡说什么 我知道你是什么意思 |
[08:25] | I haven’t been with a man since 1989. | 除了我丈夫 |
[08:27] | I mean, not counting you, honey. | 从1989年就没有和过其他男人上过床 |
[08:29] | I’m not accusing anyone of anything. | 我并没有指责各位的所作所为 |
[08:32] | I’m just saying, this latest | 我只是说我上一个的 |
[08:33] | patient of mine who gave birth to a baby with a tail ? | 患者的孩子也有尾巴 |
[08:36] | She didn’t even undergo insemination. | 她根本没有接受人工受精 |
[08:38] | So you are blaming the wrong baby doctor. | 你把责任推给儿科医生 |
[09:08] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[09:10] | I’m an agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. | 我是联邦调查局的 |
[09:12] | I’d like to ask you a few questions. | 我想问你几个问题 |
[09:15] | Uh, yeah, okay. | 当然 好 |
[09:30] | Scully, check it out. | 史卡莉 看看 |
[09:37] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[09:43] | That’s him ?He’s the one ? | 是他 就是他 |
[09:48] | Five out of five. | 五个都是啊 |
[09:52] | They spelled my name wrong. | 他们拼错了我的名字 |
[09:54] | It’s Van Blundht, with a silent ” H.” B-L-U-N-D-H-T. | 应该是范布兰特 |
[09:58] | We’ll get right on that. | 我们无所谓 |
[10:00] | Lots of people spell it wrong. | 许多人会拼错 |
[10:02] | It’s like Dutch or somethin’. Can I go now ? | 就像拼错荷兰一样 我能走吗 |
[10:06] | No. There’s a few things we have to clear up first. | 不行 我们首先得清理几个问题 |
[10:09] | Yeah. Like how’d you do it ? | 对了 比如你是怎么做的 |
[10:11] | What do you mean, ” How’d I do it” ? | 什么意思 |
[10:14] | You’re the father of five children, | 你是五个孩子的爸爸 |
[10:15] | Mr. Van Blundht. Is that not news to you ? | 范布兰特先生 你不感到新鲜吗 |
[10:17] | Do you have any insight into how | 你对五个女人都是 |
[10:19] | five women came to be inseminated with your sperm ? | 用你的精子有高见吗 |
[10:24] | You make it sound so romantic. | 听起来很浪漫 |
[10:26] | So you’re, you’re saying there was romance involved ? | 你是说这里面有爱情故事 |
[10:30] | Why is that so hard to believe ? | 有什么不可信的 |
[10:33] | Just ’cause I was born with a tail, no woman would want me ? | 就是因为我生来有尾巴 没有女人要我 |
[10:36] | Maybe I got personality. You ever think of that ? | 或许我有个性 你想过这吗 |
[10:40] | You had sex with these women ? | 你和这些女人上过床 |
[10:42] | How is it that none of them have any recollection, | 为何她们都不记得 |
[10:45] | whatsoever, of that happening ? | 发生过什么 |
[10:49] | Look, I’m not saying anything one way or another. | 我不是说非黑即白 |
[10:53] | I’m just sayin’, hypothetically, | 我是说 假设 |
[10:55] | if some woman wanted to | 如果有女人想生孩子 |
[10:57] | have kids and their husbands weren’t capable, | 而她们的丈夫又不行 |
[10:59] | and everybody was happy, and nobody got hurt, | 大家都开心 没有谁会受到伤害 |
[11:03] | hypothetically, where’s the crime ? | 假设而已 何罪之有 |
[11:22] | If you’re waitin’ for my usual | 如果要知道我对这件事的想法 |
[11:23] | theory as to what’s goin’ on, I don’t have one. | 我没有想法 |
[11:25] | I do. On behalf of all the women in the world, | 我有 我代表世界上的女人 |
[11:29] | I seriously doubt this has anything to do with consensual sex. | 我怀疑存在通奸 |
[11:34] | I think it involved some form of Rohypnol-rape. | 我想是迷奸 |
[11:37] | – The tranquilizer ? I didn’t think of that. | -镇定剂 我没想到 |
[11:39] | – Called the “Date rape drug.” | -所谓的约会迷奸药 |
[11:41] | High doses of it cause a loosening of inhibitions, memory loss. | 高剂量让人放下底线 失去记忆 |
[11:45] | Now if Van Blundht was | 如果范布兰特有机会 |
[11:46] | somehow able to slip the drug to these women, | 让这些妇女服用这些药 |
[11:48] | especially in conjunction with alcohol– | 特别是配合酒精 |
[11:51] | Yeah, but when would he | 对 那他在何时何地 |
[11:52] | have had the opportunity to slip it to them ? | 把药塞进她们的嘴里的 |
[11:54] | He identified these women | 他通过他在医疗院 |
[11:55] | through his janitorial job at the Medical Park. | 做清洁工认识这些妇女 |
[11:58] | He could’ve followed them anywhere, to a club, to a bar. | 他可能跟踪她们到任何地方 俱乐部和酒吧 |
[12:00] | Those women don’t look | 那些女人不像 |
[12:01] | like the type that do a lot of solo drinking. | 单独喝酒的那种 |
[12:04] | I think it’s enough to keep him in custody while we check it out. | 我想先把他拘留 再去调查 |
[12:20] | Ah, you spelled my name wrong. | 你拼错了我的名字 |
[12:23] | It’s B-L-U-N-D-H-T. Silent ” H.” | 是布兰特 H不发音 |
[12:32] | Address ? | 住址 |
[12:36] | I strongly suggest you | 我建议你 |
[12:37] | stop eyeballin’ me and tell me your address. | 不要睁大眼睛 告诉我你的住址 |
[12:40] | 1 7 Prospect Parkway. | 前景百汇17号 |
[12:43] | Martinsburg, 25401. | 马丁伯格 25401 |
[12:49] | All right, Mr. Blundht. Give me your phone number. | 行了 布兰赫特先生 给我你的电话号码 |
[13:04] | What the hell ? | 怎么回事 |
[13:14] | The ” H” Is silent. | H是不发音的 |
[13:19] | I could’ve sworn Curtis clocked out hours ago. | 我发誓柯蒂斯几个小时前下班了 |
[13:22] | He said good night to me and everything. | 他还和我道晚安呢 |
[13:25] | This morning I find him shoved underneath the desk. | 今早我发现他倒在在桌子下面 |
[13:27] | Deputy, are you sure you | 副警长 你真的 |
[13:28] | don’t remember what happened last night ? | 不记得昨晚发生的事吗 |
[13:33] | The guy cold-cocked me. Except, he wasn’t the guy. | 那家伙打昏了我 他不是那个人 |
[13:37] | He was me. | 是我 |
[13:42] | My head hurts. | 我的头痛 |
[13:50] | I found Van Blundht’s clothes in the locker room. | 我发现范布兰特衣服在衣帽间 |
[13:53] | He must’ve walked out of here wearing the deputy’s spare uniform. | 他一定是穿着服警长的备用警服出去的 |
[13:56] | After hitting him over the head. | 在击伤他的头后 |
[13:59] | I have a theory. Do you want to hear it ? | 我有一个推理 想听吗 |
[14:02] | Van Blundht somehow physically transformed into his captor, | 范布兰特变成他的捕头 |
[14:05] | then walked out the door leaving no one the wiser ? | 然后走出大门 没人察觉 |
[14:07] | Should we be pickin’ out china patterns or what ? | 要挑出陶瓷样式吗 |
[14:11] | Why can’t you just go for the simple answer ? | 你为什么不把答案想得简单点 |
[14:13] | With that blow to the head, the deputy might have identified… | 由于头部受伤 副警长可能把 |
[14:16] | – McGruff the Crime Dog as his attacker. | -把狗探员看成了他的袭击者- |
[14:17] | – What about what the sheriff saw ? | 警长看到的又是怎么回事 |
[14:18] | Two men, roughly the same build, the same coloring, | 两个人体型相当 肤色一样 |
[14:22] | the addition of the uniform | 加上制服 |
[14:23] | goes a long way to explain how someone… | 就足够解释 |
[14:24] | can mistake one man for another at 3:00 in the morning. | 为什么会在凌晨3点看错一个人 |
[14:27] | Conversely, my theory goes a long way to explaining… | 相反 我的推理足够解释了 |
[14:29] | how four married women | 为什么四个女人 |
[14:30] | could mistake Van Blundht for their husbands, | 误把范布兰特当成她们的丈夫 |
[14:32] | and how Amanda Nelligan could think he was Luke Skywalker. | 还有阿曼达·尼里根把他看成天行者卢克 |
[14:36] | We’ve both seen something like this before, Scully. | 我们之前都见过这样的事 史卡利 |
[14:38] | But what are you saying ? That, that Van Blundht is an alien ? | 你在说什么 那范布兰特是外星人吗 |
[14:42] | Not unless they have trailer parks in space. | 除非他们在太空有拖车露营地 |
[14:44] | No, this is something different. | 不 不是一回事 |
[14:59] | Scully, if you could be | 史卡莉 如果你有一天 |
[15:00] | somebody else for a day, who would it be ? | 变成另一个人 想变谁 |
[15:02] | Hopefully myself. | 希望是我自己 |
[15:04] | So boring. | 真没趣 |
[15:06] | Wouldn’t you even be tempted | 你不想过 |
[15:07] | to try on somebody else’s existence for a day ? | 某一天成为另外一个人 |
[15:09] | Live your life as somebody else ? | 过另外一种生活 |
[15:11] | Looking like someone else, and | 像一个人和 |
[15:12] | being someone else are completely different things. | 成为一个人是两码事 |
[15:15] | Maybe it’s not. Everybody else | 或许不是 你身边的人 |
[15:16] | around you would treat you like you were somebody else. | 把你当作另一个人看待 |
[15:18] | Ultimately maybe it’s other | 最终别人对我们的影响 |
[15:19] | people’s reactions to us that make us who we are. | 让我们成为另外一个人 |
[15:27] | All right then, Eleanor Roosevelt. | 那好吧 埃莉诺·罗斯福 |
[15:34] | – You can’t be a dead person. – Why the hell not ? | -你不能成为死人 -为何不能 |
[15:43] | Because. | 因为 |
[15:47] | What are you doin’ sneakin’ around my porch ? | 你们在我的门廊做什么 |
[15:51] | We’re with the F.B.I. Is this the home of Edward Van Blundht ? | 我们是调查局的 这是爱德华范布特家吗 |
[15:55] | – Yeah, that’s me. – We’re looking for your son, Eddie, Junior. | -对 是我 -我们在找你的儿子 埃迪 |
[15:58] | Eddie ? | 埃迪 |
[16:00] | What did that moron do now ? | 这笨蛋做什么了 |
[16:07] | Five women ? Oh, Lord! | 五个女人 天啊 |
[16:11] | Anything else ? | 还有什么吗 |
[16:12] | Yes, He attacked a sheriff’s deputy… | 当然 他袭击了一位副警长 |
[16:17] | – during his escape from custody. – Hurt bad ? | -在拘留期间 -伤得重吗 |
[16:20] | – Fortunately not. – Well, thank heavens for that at least. | -幸好不重 -谢天谢地 |
[16:24] | Sir, do you have any idea where your son might be ? | 先生 知道你儿子现在在哪吗 |
[16:28] | I wish I did. I’m sorry. | 我希望我知道 对不起 |
[16:30] | I haven’t seen him for the last two days. | 我两天没见他了 |
[16:33] | Is this– Is this you ? | 这是你吗 |
[16:35] | One and the same. Hey, you wanna see ? | 一模一样 想看吗 |
[16:38] | No! No. | 不…. |
[16:42] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[16:44] | My son had his removed when he was, uh, | 我儿子小时候 |
[16:48] | just a kid. | 尾巴切除了 |
[16:51] | Kept buggin’ me and buggin’ me… | 他一直求我 |
[16:54] | until I finally let him do it. | 直到我答应他把尾巴切除 |
[16:58] | There you go. | 看 |
[17:00] | I told him it was a mistake. | 我告诉他是错误 |
[17:02] | I said, “Son, you ain’t much to look at. | 我说儿子 你的长相不好 |
[17:06] | “You ain’t no athlete… | 你不是运动员 |
[17:08] | “And you sure the hell ain’t no Einstein. | 你肯定不是爱因斯坦 |
[17:11] | ” But at least you got that tail. | 但至少你有尾巴 |
[17:14] | Otherwise, you’re just small potatoes.” | 而且 你只是小人物 |
[17:17] | Bother didn’t listen. | 但他不听 |
[17:19] | Sir, does your son have any other unique medical conditions ? | 先生 你儿子还有什么独特的医学特征吗 |
[17:23] | I mean, aside from the tail ? | 我是说 除了他有尾巴 |
[17:26] | Mr. Mulder, that boy was born sickly. | 穆德先生 那孩子生下来就有病 |
[17:29] | We used to have this condition down in the south called pellagra. | 我们在南方称之为糙皮病 |
[17:32] | Excuse me, sir, how did you know my name was Mulder ? | 对不起 你怎么知道我叫穆德 |
[17:35] | She told me it was. | 她告诉我的 |
[17:37] | Mmm, no, actually I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[17:44] | It’s him ! | 是他 |
[18:12] | pretty spry for an old guy, huh ? | 老家伙真敏捷 |
[18:14] | Eddie, Junior. Not Senior ? | 小埃迪 还是老埃迪 |
[18:15] | Whichever one he is, wouldn’t you say he’s a man with a secret ? | 不管他是谁 这家伙像迷一样 |
[18:32] | Honey, what are you doing home so early ? | 这么早回家干什么 |
[18:52] | That was Daddy. Something’s wrong with Daddy. | 那是爸爸 爸爸出事了 |
[18:57] | Fred? | 佛瑞德 |
[19:01] | Honey ? Fred, is everything okay ? | 亲爱的 佛瑞德 还好吗 |
[19:07] | Everything’s fine. | 很好 |
[19:11] | What happened to the clothes you were wearing this morning ? | 今早你穿的衣服呢 |
[19:16] | I-I’ll explain later. | 我待会跟你说 |
[19:18] | Just give me a little privacy, okay, uh… Babboo ? | 让我一个人呆一下好吗 巴布 |
[19:24] | Okay, | 好 |
[19:27] | Sugar Patootie. | 亲爱的 |
[19:43] | I’ll check upstairs. | 我去楼上看看 |
[20:05] | – I’m all right. – What ? | -我没事 -什么 |
[20:26] | Oh ! | 噢 |
[20:29] | It’s quicklime. Move back over there. | 是生石灰 过那边去 |
[20:36] | Back. | 过去 |
[20:49] | Not so spry. | 这个不敏捷啊 |
[20:52] | Think the fall killed him ? | 他是摔死的吗 |
[20:59] | – – Babboo, I’m home. | 巴布 我回来了 |
[21:01] | – Oh, crap ! – I’m home early. | -废话 -我下班早了 |
[21:05] | What ? | 什么 |
[21:07] | You were just here. | 你刚才在这 |
[21:10] | – You went into the bathroom. – What ? | -你在浴室 -什么 |
[21:17] | – Honey, what do you mean | -我在浴室 |
[21:18] | I went into the bathroom ? -Shh, come here. | 是什么意思 -过来 |
[21:28] | Someone is in the bathroom. | 有人在浴室 |
[21:53] | It’s all clear. | 没有人 |
[22:17] | So, what killed Eddie the Monkey Man ? | 埃迪这个猴子是怎么死的 |
[22:20] | It’s difficult to say. | 很难说 |
[22:22] | The quicklime burned the tissue even as it preserved it. | 生石灰烧坏了组织 虽然也保护了他 |
[22:25] | So, what killed him is | 是什么致他死 |
[22:26] | one of two things I haven’t figured out yet. | 是我不明白的其中一件事 |
[22:30] | – What’s the other thing ? – That would be this. | -另一件是什么 -这个 |
[22:38] | Striated muscle tissue. | 横纹肌 |
[22:40] | – What’s unusual about that ? – In and of it self, nothing. | -这有什么异常 -没有什么异常 |
[22:44] | – Where I found it, however– – Where did you find it ? | -而是我在哪找到的… -你在哪发现的 |
[22:47] | Everywhere. His entire body. | 到处 他的整个身体 |
[22:51] | As far as I can tell, this man | 我只能说 |
[22:52] | has a thin stratum of voluntary muscle tissue… | 他的肌肉组织很薄 |
[22:54] | underpinning the entire dermal layer of his skin. | 支持他的整个皮下组织 |
[22:58] | That’s not normal. | 那不正常 |
[22:59] | This man’s body is quite a scientific specimen. | 他的身体就像一个标本 |
[23:02] | And thankfully, it’s preserved and intact. | 幸运的是 没有遭到破坏 |
[23:05] | In other words, there are 654 muscles in the human body, | 就是说 人体有654块肌肉 |
[23:09] | and this man, essentially, has 655. | 这个人有655块 |
[23:12] | Um, could that somehow be related to his, uh, having a tail ? | 那和尾巴有什么联系吗 |
[23:17] | Possibly. It could be, uh, a lynx gene birth defect. | 可能是山猫基因缺陷 |
[23:20] | What would be the, uh, purpose of this muscle ? | 这块肌肉的作用是什么 |
[23:25] | You got me, Mulder. You know, maybe none. | 你问倒我了 穆德 也许没有作用 |
[23:29] | It appears to be atrophied. | 它似乎萎缩了 |
[23:31] | Although it may look that way as a result of the mummification. | 虽然看起来木乃伊化了 |
[23:34] | Could this be, uh, a “Like father, like son” Kind of thing ? | 有这可能是遗传 |
[23:38] | – What do you mean ? – Could Eddie, Junior have, | -什么意思 -可能是小埃迪 |
[23:41] | the same anomalous muscular structure as his dad here ? | 和他父亲一样有不规则肌肉组织吗 |
[23:44] | Maybe. What are you suggesting ? | 也许 你有什么看法 |
[23:46] | If this musculature underlies the entire skin, | 如果这肌肉组织在所有皮肤之下 |
[23:50] | then maybe it could be | 或许可用来 |
[23:51] | utilized to remold the skin’s shape and texture, | 改造皮肤的形状和组织 |
[23:54] | which would go a long way | 这就可以解释 |
[23:55] | to explaining why we’re looking for a man… | 我们在找的这个人 |
[23:56] | who can appear to be his own father, | 可以变成他的父亲 |
[23:58] | or anyone else for that matter. | 或其他人 |
[24:00] | Isn’t it much more likely | 这个人 |
[24:01] | that this man simply has an identical twin ? | 不可能是双胞胎吗 |
[24:04] | – Check that out. – Where are you going ? | -那就查查究竟 -你去哪 |
[24:08] | Something about Van Blundht’s M.O. Confuses me. | 范布兰特的动机事令我不解 |
[24:11] | His victims were four married women who wanted to get pregnant. | 他的受害人是四个想怀孕的已婚女人 |
[24:13] | – And one single woman who didn’t. – Mm-hmm. | 只有一个是单身妇女 |
[24:24] | – – Come in. | 进来 |
[24:27] | – Sorry, Ms. Nelligan. | -对不起 尼里根小姐 |
[24:28] | I’m sorry to bother you. – No, it’s no bother. | 对不起打扰你-不要紧 |
[24:31] | – I just have a few | -我有几个问题 |
[24:32] | additional questions I wanted to ask you. – Okay. | 想问你 -好的 |
[24:35] | – Here we go, sweetie. – Bye, bye. | -来吧 宝贝 -再见 再见 |
[24:38] | We’ll just come back later. | 我们会回来 |
[24:41] | You know, I thought they | 你知道 我以为 |
[24:42] | were lettin’ me stay in the hospital so long… | 她们让我在医院住这么久 |
[24:44] | because I had really, really great insurance. | 是因为我有很大的保险单 |
[24:46] | Turns out they’re just keepin’ | 结果才知道她们留下我 |
[24:48] | me here because they think I’m sort of crazy. | 是因为看看我是不是疯子 |
[24:50] | They wanna make sure I’m safe to be around my baby. | 他们要确信孩子在我身边会不会安全 |
[24:55] | – Free cable. – | 可以看免费电视 |
[25:00] | I want to ask you, do you recognize this man ? | 我想问你 你认识这个人吗 |
[25:04] | Oh, yes. Eew ! | 当然 |
[25:07] | That’s Eddie Van Blundht. | 是埃迪·范布兰特 |
[25:10] | What can you tell me about him ? | 你能告诉我他的事 |
[25:13] | We went out all through high school. | 我们一起上中学 |
[25:16] | – Okay, brother. – What ? | – 是个兄弟 – 什么 |
[25:19] | Nothing. He’s just– He’s sort of a loser. | 没什么 他是个屌丝 |
[25:21] | He’s one of those guys you look back on and you go, | 他是那种你回想起来 |
[25:25] | “Oh, my God, what was I thinking ? What was I thinking ?” | 我的天 我怎么想的 我在想什么 |
[25:30] | Ah, well, what specifically made him a loser ? | 是什么特别的事让他失败 |
[25:35] | I don’t know. Everything. | 不知道 所有的事 |
[25:37] | He had like one million annoying personal habits. | 他有一百万种令人讨厌的习惯 |
[25:41] | You know, just no sense of romance, | 不会浪漫 |
[25:43] | no ambition, you know, no direction. | 没有抱负 没有方向 |
[25:46] | I hear he’s like a janitor or somethin’ now. | 听说他现在是个清洁工 |
[25:49] | He had this weird family. His dad was in a circus or somethin’. | 他有奇怪的家庭 他父亲是马戏团的 |
[25:53] | I don’t know. He never let me meet him, thank God. | 我不知道 他从不让我见他 谢天谢地 |
[25:57] | Well, he must have had some good qualities. | 他一定有好的品质 |
[26:02] | Yeah, sure. Everybody’s got a few. | 当然 每个人都有 |
[26:04] | We had some good times. | 我们曾有快乐的时光 |
[26:07] | He really loved Star Wars | 他喜欢星球大战 |
[26:08] | so we used to go and see it every weekend. | 所以我们周末都去看 |
[26:10] | That was nice. Hmm. | 很好 |
[26:13] | He was no Luke, that’s for sure. | 可以肯定他不是卢克 |
[26:17] | Why do you want to know about Eddie ? | 为何你想了解埃迪 |
[26:21] | That’s official F.B.I. Business. | 这是调查局的事情 |
[26:28] | Here you go. | 对了 |
[26:30] | I wanted to congratulate you on this blessed event. | 我想在这个喜庆的时刻祝贺你 |
[26:35] | Thank you ! | 谢谢 |
[26:43] | – May the Force be with you. – | 愿力量与你同在 |
[26:54] | Hello, there. | 你好 |
[26:57] | – I’m here to see Amanda Nelligan. -Just down the hall there. | -我来看阿曼达·尼里根 -直走 |
[27:08] | – – Come in. | 进来 |
[27:13] | No, seriously though, why do you want to know about Eddie ? | 没有搞错吧 你这么想了解埃迪吗 |
[27:17] | – What about Eddie ? – Why | -埃迪怎样了 -为什么 |
[27:19] | were you asking me all those questions about him ? | 你问我他的这么多问题 |
[27:27] | – Mulder. – Agent Mulder, this is Fred Niemann. | -穆德 -穆德探员 我是佛瑞德·尼尔曼 |
[27:29] | Is it okay for us to get into our bathroom now ? | 现在我们能用浴室了吗 |
[27:32] | Excuse me, sir ? | 对不起 |
[27:33] | I was hoping we could get | 我希望我们 |
[27:34] | into our bathroom sometime this evening. | 今晚能用我们的浴室 |
[27:36] | You said the police were | 你说警察会来 |
[27:37] | gonna come by and dust it for fingerprints, | 取指纹 |
[27:39] | – but that was about four hours ago. – Uh-huh. | 但已经过了4小时 |
[27:41] | We want to help you catch this guy, | 我们想帮你抓那个家伙 |
[27:43] | but I’m having a real hard time here. | 但我现在很不愉快 |
[27:45] | I mean, how exactly do you | 我是说 你什么时候结束 |
[27:46] | wind up chasing the suspect into my bathroom ? | 在我浴室抓疑犯 |
[27:48] | – Don’t forget the suit. – Yeah. | -还有西装 -对的 |
[27:50] | And what do you need with my charcoal suit ? | 你要我的灰色西装干什么 |
[27:53] | I’m sorry, Mr. Niemann. I’m gonna have to call you back. | 对不起 尼尔曼先生 我稍后给你回话 |
[27:56] | – Um, I was just here. Where did I go ? – Huh ? | 我刚才在这 我去了哪 |
[28:06] | There was a man. He looked exactly like me. | 有一个人 他看起来像我 |
[28:09] | – Did you see where he went ? | -看见他去了哪吗 |
[28:11] | – Down the hall. The men’s locker room. | -走廊尽头的男士衣帽间 |
[28:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:35] | – Van Blundht. – Who ? | -范布兰特 -谁 |
[28:37] | Don’t think about it. Get your hands up. | 别动 举起手 |
[28:40] | Turn around. | 转过身去 |
[28:44] | Keep ’em up there. | 别动 |
[28:46] | Put your hands down now. | 现在放下手 |
[28:49] | If it’s not you, I apologize in advance. | 如果不是你 我先道歉 |
[28:53] | What are you doing ? | 你在干什么 |
[28:55] | Pull your pants up. | 拉起裤子 |
[29:10] | What ? What did I do now ? | 什么 我干了什么 |
[29:12] | – You’re the only ones here ? – Yeah. | 这里就你一个人吗 |
[29:15] | I apologize. Only one of you is the man I’m looking for. I hope. | 我道歉 我希望你们中的有我在找的人 |
[29:19] | I gotta wait for some blood tests to come back, | 我得等验血结果回来 |
[29:22] | then I’ll release the other one. | 然后我再放了另一个人 |
[29:23] | So just sit tight and relax. Keep your clothes on, huh ? | 靠着坐 放松 穿好衣服 |
[29:32] | – Scully. – Yeah, hey, it’s me. | -史卡莉 -对 是我 |
[29:34] | I think you should get down to the hospital right away, okay ? | 你现在来一趟医院 好吗 |
[29:37] | – I’m on my way. – Good. | -我在路上 -好 |
[30:01] | You’re a damn good-looking man. | 你是个长相不错的人 |
[30:09] | You drew a gun on me. You handcuffed me! | 你拿枪对着我 你铐我 |
[30:12] | -I know what I did. – With my own handcuffs. | -我知道我干了什么 -用我自己的手铐 |
[30:14] | – I’m sorry. – I have a serious problem with that. | -抱歉 -我很生气 |
[30:17] | I still don’t understand. | 我现在还不明白 |
[30:17] | Do you think we look like criminals to you ? | 我们看起来像罪犯吗 |
[30:19] | – Exactly. What the hell was on your mind ? – I said I was sorry. | -对 你在想什么 -我说抱歉 |
[30:23] | – Am I done here ? – Yeah. We got his description. | -我没事了吧 -对 我们有他的资料 |
[30:26] | – Come on, guys. – What the hell happened ? | -走吧 伙计 -发生什么事 |
[30:29] | Van Blundht surprised me. He cold-cocked me, and then got away. | 范布兰特袭击我 然后跑了 |
[30:33] | – Got a lead on him ? – No. | -有他的线索吗 -没有 |
[30:35] | The local authorities are already | 当地警方已经开始 |
[30:36] | on the warpath for goin’ after one of their own. | 自己的搜捕行动 |
[30:39] | They’ll catch him eventually. | 他们会抓到他的 |
[30:41] | So what, that’s it for us ? | 什么 是因为我们工作不力吗 |
[30:43] | I know I dragged you out here, | 我知道是我拖你来这 |
[30:45] | but I’m beginning to think this is just a waste of time. | 现在觉得是浪费时间 |
[30:48] | Now you think there’s no X-file here ? | 你认为这没有X案件吗 |
[30:50] | No. No. | 没有 |
[30:53] | I, I think the only thing that’s here is, uh, small potatoes. | 我 我想这里唯一的东西是小人物 |
[31:33] | Get me out of here ! | 放我出去 |
[31:39] | Down here ! | 在下面 |
[31:44] | Help ! Help ! | 救我….. |
[32:14] | Which one of you wrote this ? | 谁写的 |
[32:16] | I did, sir. | 我 长官 |
[32:20] | You spelled Federal Bureau of Investigation wrong. | 你写错了联邦调查局 |
[32:22] | It was a typo. | 是排版错误 |
[32:25] | Twice. | 错了两次 |
[32:30] | Agent Scully, what about the body you found ? | 史卡莉探员 你找到的尸体怎样了 |
[32:32] | Did you establish a cause of death ? | 找到了死因吗 |
[32:33] | Yes, sir. The subject, Edward Van Blundht, | 当然 老爱德华·范布兰特 |
[32:35] | Sr., died of natural causes. | 属于自然死亡 |
[32:37] | Specifically heart disease and advanced age. | 特别是患有心脏病和年纪大了 |
[32:40] | We think the son hid the | 我们想他儿子把他 |
[32:41] | father in the attic so he could continue… | 藏在顶楼 这样他就能 |
[32:43] | – to cash in on the old | -继续领取 |
[32:44] | man’s social security checks. – Most likely. | 老人保障金 -极有可能 |
[32:48] | So, the son wasn’t a murderer. | 那儿子不是凶手 |
[32:50] | – No, not at all. – But he was a rapist. | -不 根本不是 -但他是强奸犯 |
[32:53] | I entered him into the National Sex Offenders Data Base. | 我把他输入了国家性罪犯数据库 |
[32:56] | The West Virginia State Police have a photo and a description, | 西维吉尼亚州警方有他的相片和资料 |
[32:59] | and they will coordinate with local authorities. | 他们会与当地机关协调 |
[33:02] | There should be an arrest soon. | 应该很快抓拿归案 |
[33:05] | That about wraps it up. | 就这些 |
[33:14] | So, Scully, what are you doin’ tonight ? Any big plans ? | 史卡莉 今晚你干什么 有大计划吗 |
[33:17] | Seeing as how it’s Friday, | 正好星期五 |
[33:19] | I was thinking I could get some work in… | 我想给《刑罚学检查》 |
[33:21] | on that monograph I’m writing for the penology Review. | 写专论 |
[33:25] | You know, diminished | 你知道 |
[33:26] | acetylcholine production in recidivist offenders. | 抑制惯犯中的乙酰胆碱 |
[33:31] | – Actually, I might bag that, though. – Really ? | -我应该把此案包括进来 -是吗 |
[33:34] | Yeah. I have to say, the | 是的 |
[33:35] | anomalous musculature in the corpse we found… | 我们发现的尸体中的不规则肌肉组织 |
[33:38] | really has me intrigued. | 引起我的兴趣 |
[33:40] | In fact, I think I’m going to | 我想去昆提科 |
[33:42] | go to Quantico and have some tissue samples run. | 做一下组织样本实验 |
[33:44] | I’ll see you Monday. | 星期一见 |
[33:47] | Monday morning. | 星期一早上 |
[34:19] | ” Fox” ? Brother ! | 福克斯 兄弟 |
[34:46] | Good night ! | 够呛 |
[34:48] | This is where my tax dollars go ? | 我交的税就用在这个地方 |
[34:53] | Where do I live ? | 我住哪 |
[35:12] | Where the hell do I sleep ? | 我睡哪 |
[35:23] | Mulder ? Langley. You gotta see this. | 穆德 是兰利 你得看看这个 |
[35:25] | An on-line associate of ours, who will remain anonymous, | 我们的网上助手 他要求保密 |
[35:28] | has figured out a way to digitize | 已想出将 |
[35:29] | the Zagruder footage so he can extrapolate… | 泽普鲁德纪录片数字化 这样他就能 |
[35:31] | a bird’s-eye view at the Daley | 鸟瞰在暗杀发生时的 |
[35:33] | Plaza at the exact moment of the assassination. | 戴利广场 |
[35:35] | And you’ll never believe where the third shot came from. | 你不会想到第三颗子弹从哪来的 |
[35:38] | – Tell him about the cheese steaks. – Oh, yeah. | -告诉他奶酪牛排的事 -当然 |
[35:40] | Frohike, Byers and me are goin’ | 佛兰基 拜而斯和我出去 |
[35:41] | out for cheese steaks. Are you down with that ? | 买奶酪牛排 你要一份吗吗 |
[35:45] | – Uh, erase this once you hear it. – | 听完洗掉 |
[35:47] | Geeks for friends. | 滑稽的朋友 |
[35:49] | Marty, it’s Chantal. It’s been so long since we’ve spoken, | 马蒂 我是尚塔尔 我们很久没有谈话了 |
[35:53] | and I’ve been so lonely not hearing your sexy voice. | 没有听到你性感的声音我很寂寞 |
[35:57] | Marty, just for you, | 马蒂 为了你 |
[35:58] | we’ve lowered our rates to 40 cents a minute, | 我们把话费降低到每分钟40美分 |
[36:00] | two ninety-nine for the first minute, | 第一分钟29.9美分 |
[36:02] | all long distance rates apply. | 长途费另算 |
[36:04] | Do give me a call, lover man. I’ll be waiting. | 给我一个电话 情人 我会等你 |
[36:11] | F.B.I. | 联 邦 调 查 局 |
[36:29] | You lookin’ at me ? | 你在看我吗 |
[36:34] | There ain’t nobody else here. You must be lookin’ at me. | 这里没有其他人 你一定在看我 |
[36:38] | You want a piece of this ? | 想要这一身吗 |
[37:03] | You’re a damn good-lookin’ man. | 你是个型男 |
[37:36] | – Mulder, what’s up ? – Scully, is this a bad time ? | 穆德 什么事 史卡莉 来得不是时候吗 |
[37:41] | No. No, I’m– Come on in. | 不 我在 快进来 |
[37:48] | Who’s that for ? | 买给谁的 |
[37:52] | Uh… us. | 我们 |
[38:00] | Okay, have a seat. | 好 请坐 |
[38:12] | So, uh, what are you workin’ on ? | 你在干什么 |
[38:14] | More autopsy data. | 验尸数据 |
[38:19] | Everyone at the lab found Mr. Van Blundht pretty fascinating. | 实验室的人觉得范布兰特先生很迷人 |
[38:25] | We discovered an additional | 我们发现另一个的异常 |
[38:26] | anomaly relating to the hair follicles in his scalp. | 是他的头发的毛囊 |
[38:30] | I can’t even begin to guess at the nature of it… | 我开始不敢猜测它是什么 |
[38:34] | until we can run it through the transmission electron microscope. | 直到我们通过电子显微镜才看清楚 |
[38:38] | Sounds very interesting. | 似乎很有趣 |
[38:41] | Yes, it is. | 对 |
[38:54] | Seriously, Mulder. What’s going on ? | 穆德 说真的 发生什么事了 |
[38:57] | – You okay ? – Mmm. | 你没事吧 |
[39:01] | Just kind a knockin’ around, | 刚才闲逛 |
[39:04] | and was just thinkin’– | 在想 |
[39:09] | Uh, it’s good. | 酒很好 |
[39:13] | We never really, uh, | 我们没有真正 |
[39:15] | talk much, | 交过心 |
[39:18] | – do we ? – What do you mean ? Like… really talk ? | -是吗 -什么意思 推心置腹吗 |
[39:23] | No, no, we don’t, Mulder. | 不 我们没有 |
[39:27] | What’s stopping us ? | 什么阻止我们 |
[39:39] | So there we are at 2:00 in the morning, | 我们在凌晨2:00 |
[39:41] | me in my Moray taffeta dress | 我穿着丝绸裙子 |
[39:43] | and Marcus in whatever the hell he was wearing– | 忘记马库斯穿什么 |
[39:46] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[39:48] | It had a Kelly green cummerbund on it. | 有一条绿色腰带在上面 |
[39:53] | Anyway, so I know that Marcus is thinking that it’s now or never. | 我知道马库斯在想不把握现在就没有机会了 |
[39:57] | – And I’m thinking– – What are you thinking ? | -我在想…-你在想什么 |
[40:02] | – I’m thinking what is | -我听到的警报 |
[40:03] | that siren I hear getting louder ? – No way ! | 越来越大声 -不是吧 |
[40:05] | – Who called the cops ? – It wasn’t the cops. | -谁报警 -不是警察 |
[40:07] | It was the fire department. | 是火警 |
[40:09] | – My friend Sylvia and her idiot prom date– – Burwood ? | 我朋友西维亚和她的白痴舞伴–伯伍德 |
[40:12] | Had built this campfire that went totally out of control. | 这篝火会完全失去了控制 |
[40:15] | And so we all had to ride back on the, uh– | 我们得骑在 |
[40:19] | What do you call it ? The, uh, the pumper truck. | 不知道你叫 对 消防车 |
[40:22] | Geez. | 天 |
[40:24] | Yeah. Marcus was the twelfth grade love of my life. | 对 马库斯是我高三的情人 |
[40:29] | I can’t believe I’m telling you this. | 我不能相信我在对你说这个 |
[40:32] | I don’t believe you haven’t told me before. | 我不相信你以前没有告诉我 |
[40:35] | Now I’m seeing a whole new side of you, Mulder. | 现在我看到全新的你 |
[40:37] | Is that a good thing ? | 是好事吗 |
[40:43] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[40:47] | Do you ever wish things were different ? | 你希望事情会不同吗 |
[40:49] | What do you mean ? | 什么意思 |
[40:53] | The person you wanted to be when you grew up, | 你在高中时想 |
[40:55] | when you were in high school ? | 长大会成为什么样的人 |
[40:57] | How far off from that did you end up ? | 到现在和你的理想有多远 |
[41:00] | Career wise ? Miles off target. | 职业开导吗 十万八千里远啊 |
[41:02] | Not just that. | 不仅仅这个意思 |
[41:04] | But do you ever wish… | 你是否想过 |
[41:07] | that you could go back and do it all differently ? | 你能重新开始也许会完全不一样 |
[41:11] | Do you ? | 你想过吗 |
[41:13] | 坎伯兰教养所 一个月后 | |
[42:19] | Thanks for comin’. | 谢谢你来 |
[42:21] | What’s with the hat ? | 帽子怎么回事 |
[42:25] | My court-appointed therapist makes me wear it. | 法庭指定的治疗师叫我戴的 |
[42:28] | She says it’s meant to bolster my self-esteem. | 她说是为了增加我的自尊 |
[42:30] | Does it ? | 是吗 |
[42:32] | Not really. The other inmates beat me up and take it from me, | 不 其他狱友打我 拿走它 |
[42:36] | which would be okay except every week she brings me a new hat. | 其实都没事 她每周给我换一顶新的 |
[42:40] | plus, they keep me on some kind of muscle relaxant… | 加上他们让我服用肌肉松弛剂 |
[42:44] | so l, I can’t make faces the way I used to. | 这样我就不能像以前那样变脸了 |
[42:48] | Did you tell them to do that ? | 你告诉他们那样做的吗 |
[42:52] | Is, uh, is Agent Scully here ? | 史卡莉探员在吗 |
[42:56] | What did you wanna talk to me about, Eddie ? | 你想对我说什么 埃迪 |
[42:58] | I just think it’s funny. | 我想这很有趣 |
[43:01] | I was born a loser, but you’re one by choice. | 我天生是个失败者 但你是幸运儿 |
[43:03] | On what do you base that astute assessment ? | 你根据什么来衡量的呢 |
[43:07] | Experience. | 经验 |
[43:11] | You should live a little. Treat yourself. | 你得对自己好点 |
[43:15] | God knows I would if I were you. | 天知道 如果我是你 |
[43:39] | Have a good day, sir. | 祝你愉快 |
[43:44] | I don’t imagine you need to be told this, | 我没想到你被教训 |
[43:47] | Mulder, but you’re not a loser. | 穆德 但你不是失败者 |
[43:53] | Yeah, but I’m no Eddie Van Blundht, either, am I ? | 是的 但我也不是什么埃迪范布特 对吗 |