时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | You’re floodin’ it, Booger. | 布格 你油加太多了 |
[00:25] | For God’s sake, Izzy. | 搞什么鬼 伊西 |
[00:31] | Here she comes. Let’s go. | 她来了 我们走吧 |
[00:33] | Come on, man. Come on. | 快点 |
[00:40] | – You gotta be kiddin’. – What? | -开什么玩笑 -什么 |
[00:43] | “What” Me and you won’t go to no comic-book convention. | 伊西 你这个态度 就不要去参加漫画展了 |
[00:45] | I’m 18. I can go anywhere I want. | 我十八岁了 要去哪里都可以 |
[00:47] | Yeah, but where you gonna live when you get back? | 可是你回来以后要住哪里 |
[00:50] | Mom, we gotta get goin’. | 妈妈 我们必须出发了 |
[00:55] | Drive careful, Booger. He’s the only son I’ve got. | 布格 你小心开车 他是我的独生子 |
[00:57] | OK, Mrs B. | 没问题 |
[01:38] | I’m about to introduce you to a woman… | 今天的女来宾 |
[01:41] | who three years ago was delivered the surprise of her life. | 三年前有了很大的意外遭遇 |
[01:43] | After what seemed like a normal pregnancy, | 似乎正常的怀胎九个月后 |
[01:46] | doctors delivered to Delores a very special child. | 桃乐丝产下非常特别的孩子 |
[01:49] | A mother of two beautiful children, | 她虽然已经有两个非常可爱的孩子 |
[01:51] | Delores held in her arms a boy | 现在她怀中的男孩 |
[01:53] | with fur like a dog and a hairline like Eddie Munster. | 却全身长满毛 |
[01:57] | She’s here with us today with her real-life, | 她今天上节目顺便 |
[02:00] | but sleeping wolf baby. | 要介绍自己的狼人宝宝 |
[02:01] | Why not just give him a razor and some shaving cream? | 为什么不为他剃毛 |
[02:04] | He’ll be shaving in a few years, anyway. | 反正几年后就要刮胡子了 |
[02:06] | Well, actually, he seems to be quite allergic to shaving cream. | 他好象对刮胡膏敏感 |
[02:11] | ..Seem to like it. They like to come up and touch his hair. | 他们喜欢过来摸他的毛 |
[02:16] | – So they don’t tease him? – No, he’s quite popular. | -他们不会欺负他 -不 他很受欢迎 |
[02:19] | Dandruff a problem? | 会有头皮屑的问题吗 |
[02:21] | No, I wash his hair twice a day, | 不会 我每天替他洗两次头 |
[02:23] | and brush a hundred strokes a night. | 晚上还要梳头发 |
[02:25] | – I can’t believe this. – Good for you. | -难以置信 -有你的 |
[02:27] | I think the question the audience really wants answered is, | 我想观众最想问的问题是 |
[02:31] | what does the father look like? | 他父亲也一样吗 |
[02:33] | – The father is completely bald. – Completely? | -他父亲是秃头的 -秃头 |
[03:09] | Hello? | 谁 |
[03:14] | Who’s there? | 谁在那儿 |
[04:22] | “Dear Special Agent Mulder, I’m writing to you for help.” | 亲爱的穆德探员 我是写信向你求救的 |
[04:26] | “Several years ago, I had an experience I could not explain.” | 几年前 我有过无法解释的经验 |
[04:30] | “I was lying in my bed when I felt a presence in the room.” | 我躺在床上时 觉得卧室里好象有人 |
[04:33] | “Though i was awake,” | 虽然我是清醒的 |
[04:34] | “I felt something had taken control over my body.” | 但却无法控制我的肉体 |
[04:37] | “I don’t remember much else, | 我记得不是很清楚 |
[04:39] | but I woke up three days later pregnant with my son Izzy.” | 可是三天后醒来时 我怀了我儿子伊西 |
[04:46] | “That was 18 years ago but now it happened again.” | 那是十八年前的事 可是又发生了一次 |
[04:50] | “I was in bed, and could swear I heard Cher singing.” | 我躺在床上时 我发誓 我听到雪儿的歌 |
[04:54] | “The one who was married to Sonny.” | 谁嫁给了桑尼 |
[04:57] | “Then the room got all smoky and I saw some kind of monster.” | 卧室里烟雾弥漫 我看到某种怪物 |
[05:01] | “He had a really gross face with lumps all over his head.” | 他的脸非常丑 长了非常多的肉瘤 |
[05:05] | “I was too scared to scream. | 我害怕到叫不出来 |
[05:06] | Then I got all groggy and conked out for three days.” | 然后我昏迷了三天 |
[05:09] | “Guess what happened when I woke up.” | 你猜猜看 我醒来后发生什么事了 |
[05:11] | “I got your name off the TV.” | 我在电视上看到你的名字 |
[05:13] | “Some lady on the Jerry Springer Show who had a werewolf baby | 杰瑞·斯普英哥秀 有个生了个毛孩的女嘉宾 |
[05:18] | said you came to her house.” | 说你去了她的家 |
[05:21] | “I got her story beat by a mile, | 我的故事比她精彩多了 |
[05:22] | so maybe you’ll want to come see me, too.” | 也许你也会想来看我 |
[05:25] | “Sincerely, Shaineh Berkowitz.” | 莎妮亚·伯科威茨敬上 |
[05:27] | Scully, do you think it’s too soon to get my own 1-900 number? | 史考莉 我去申请0204专线太夸张吗 |
[05:39] | Did you actually see that werewolf baby or was that just a story? | 你真的看到毛孩了 还是那是编出来的 |
[05:43] | No, it had something called hypertrichosis lanuginosa. | 那是一种很少见的遗传突变 |
[05:46] | It’s a rare hereditary condition, | 叫先天性遗传多毛症 |
[05:49] | most commonly found in some South American families. | 比较常发生在南美洲 |
[05:52] | Uh-huh. But it was all hairy and stuff? | 可是全身都是毛 |
[05:55] | Uh, Mrs Berkowitz, you said that you also had a son? | 伯科威茨太太 你说你也生了个儿子 |
[06:00] | Mm-hm. Izzy. That’s him there. | 伊西 那就是他 |
[06:04] | And Izzy is the product of your union with some kind of intruder? | 他是你和入侵者 结合的结晶吗 |
[06:09] | I don’t know about no “Union”, but I sure woke up in a condition. | 我不确定是否有结合 我醒来时就怀孕了 |
[06:13] | – Did you report this to the police? – Of course I did. | -你有没有去报警 -当然有 |
[06:16] | Was there an investigation? | 有人去调查吗 |
[06:18] | Not really. Nobody here ever locks their doors. | 其实不算有 这里没有人会去锁门 |
[06:21] | And it took me a month or | 我过了两个月后 |
[06:23] | two to figure it out – that I was pregnant. | 才发现自己怀孕了 |
[06:25] | And now you’re pregnant again? | 你现在又怀孕了吗 |
[06:27] | Uh-huh. But as I told Agent Mulder on the phone, | 可是我在电话上告诉过穆德探员 |
[06:30] | that’s what takes the cake. | 这才是最精彩的 |
[06:32] | Mrs Berkowitz had a tubal ligation two years ago. | 她两年前结扎了 |
[06:36] | You can’t plant a seed in a barren field. | 荒芜的田地里长不出东西来 |
[06:41] | They were cookin’ somethin’ on the range. | 他们好象在烧饭 |
[06:43] | Took me two clays of scrubbin’ to clean the skillet. | 我花了两天才清干净 |
[06:49] | I don’t know how many of ’em there were. I only saw one, | 我不知道来了多少个 我只看到一个 |
[06:52] | but they ate a whole jar of peanut butter. | 他们几乎吃完这一瓶花生酱 |
[06:54] | You were gone three days, but nobody missed you? | 你昏迷了三天都没人发现吗 |
[06:57] | I know what you’re thinkin’. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[06:59] | Do you drink, Mrs Berkowitz? | 你喝酒吗 伯科威茨太太 |
[07:01] | No. But I’m not so sure my intruders, | 不喝 可是那些入侵者 |
[07:03] | as you call ’em, didn’t have a few. | 喝了不少 |
[07:07] | Somebody set a tumbler here and didn’t use no coaster. | 有人不用杯垫 把酒杯放在这里 |
[07:12] | That’s a family heirloom, too. | 那是我们的传家之宝 |
[07:14] | Is there no chance your son could’ve put it there? | 可能是你儿子放在那里的吗 |
[07:17] | Izzy’s got more brains than that. | 伊西虽然不聪明 |
[07:19] | Not much more, but he values his life. | 但没有那么笨 他注意自己的生活品质 |
[07:21] | That pigsty there’s his room. | 那个猪窝才是他的房间 |
[07:27] | You know what this thing is, don’t you, Agent Mulder? | 你知道是怎么回事 穆德探员 |
[07:30] | – Why do you say that? – Because. You’re all quiet and stuff. | -你为什么这么说 -因为你很沉默 |
[07:34] | And you know somethin’ | 你知道是外星人 |
[07:36] | you’re not sayin’ – about alien abductions. | 但你不说 |
[07:39] | They said on Jerry Springer you’re, like, an expert. | 电视节目上说你是外星人专家 |
[07:42] | Well, I don’t think this | 这可能 |
[07:43] | has anything to do with alien abductions. | 与外星人无关 |
[07:46] | – I don’t know if I believe in that any more. – Oh, come on! | -我对这一点也有点怀疑了 -噢 拜托 |
[07:49] | – Really? – Mrs Berkowitz? | -真的吗 -伯科威茨太太 |
[07:53] | You gave a description of the intruder, | 伯科威茨太太 你形容过入侵者 |
[07:55] | saying he had a gross face and lumps on his head? | 你说脸很丑 有很多肉瘤 |
[07:58] | And two mouths. I don’t know if I mentioned that. | 我有没有说 两张嘴 |
[08:00] | Funny. Sounds just like this. | 很有趣 很像这个 |
[08:12] | Oh, that? | 是这个 |
[08:15] | That’s the Great Mutato. | “突变怪人” |
[08:17] | That’s a comic-book character my kid Izzy created. | 是我儿子画的卡通人物 |
[08:25] | What’s goin’ on? | 发生什么事了 |
[08:26] | These are Agents Mulder and Scully from the FBI. | 这是调查局的穆德与史考莉探员 |
[08:30] | The Federal Bureau of Investigation? | 联邦调查局 |
[08:32] | We were wondering how this suspect | 我们在调查 |
[08:34] | in your mother’s case looks exactly like this. | 为什么你母亲的嫌犯与这个一模一样 |
[08:37] | – The Great Mutato. – Because I’ve seen him too. | -突变怪人 -因为我也见过他 |
[08:42] | You’ve seen the Great Mutato? | 你见过突变怪人 |
[08:44] | Yeah. A lot of people around here have. | 是的 这里很多人都见过 |
[08:47] | Has it crossed neither of your minds that what you say you saw | 你们两个有没有人想过 你那晚看到的 |
[08:50] | fits perfectly with this creature that your son created? | 就是你儿子所创造出来的 |
[08:53] | Well, yeah, but… | 有 |
[08:57] | that don’t mean it didn’t happen. | 但这不表示没发生 |
[09:07] | Don’t ask me why, but it works. | 不要问我为什么 但是就是有用 |
[09:14] | Peanut butter sandwiches? | 花生酱三明治 |
[09:16] | You think bologna would be more effective? | 你认为火腿比较有效吗 |
[09:18] | Why are you humouring them, Mulder? | 穆德 你为什么要迎合他们 |
[09:20] | I’m not, Scully. This is a very serious crime. | 我没有迎合他们 这是严重的罪行 |
[09:24] | So is perjury. So is | 做伪证 编故事 |
[09:26] | calling out FBI agents under false pretenses. | 叫调查局来也是罪行 |
[09:29] | – For the purpose of what? – Isn’t it obvious? | -有什么目的呢 -难道不明显吗 |
[09:32] | I think what we’re seeing here is an example… | 我们现在看到的就是 |
[09:37] | for whom daytime talk shows and tabloid headlines | 深受脱口秀 小报新闻其害的例子 |
[09:40] | have become a reality against which they measure their lives. | 他们对这些道听途说的事情信以为真 |
[09:43] | A culture so obsessed by | 我们的社会被媒体 |
[09:45] | the media and a chance for self-dramatization | 和刷存在感的行为影响 |
[09:47] | that they’ll do anything to gain a spotlight. | 大家都想要得到注意 |
[09:50] | I am alarmed that you would | 我不赞同你把这些 |
[09:51] | reduce these people to a cultural stereotype. | 简单归类为刻板现象 |
[09:53] | Not everybody’s dream is to get on Jerry Springer. | 并不是每个人都梦想上电视 |
[09:57] | Psychologists often speak of the denial of an unthinkable evil | 心理学家常常提到否认魔鬼 |
[10:01] | or a misplacement of shared fears. | 或是共同恐惧的取代 |
[10:03] | Anxieties taking the form of a hideous monster | 人们的恐惧就成为了 |
[10:06] | for whom the most horrific human attributes can be ascribed. | 一个最丑陋的怪兽 |
[10:11] | What… what we can’t possibly imagine ourselves capable of, | 我们自己想象不出来 |
[10:14] | we can blame on the ogre, | 就把一切怪在食人魔鬼 |
[10:16] | on the hunchback, on the lowly half-breed. | 敲钟怪人和混种恶魔身上 |
[10:23] | Common sense will tell you these legends, | 光是常识就可以解释 |
[10:26] | these unverified rumours, are ridiculous. | 这些谣言都是荒唐的 |
[10:29] | But, nonetheless, unverifiable, | 可是也无法判断 |
[10:31] | and thus true in the sense that they’re believed to be true. | 因此 有人相信所以算是真的 |
[10:35] | Is there anything you don’t believe in? | 穆德 有什么事情是你不相信的 |
[10:47] | What’s that sound? | 那是什么声音 |
[10:52] | It’s the Great Mutato! | -突变怪人 -去哪里了 |
[11:33] | – Where’d it go? – I don’t know. I lost it. | 不知道 没追上 |
[11:40] | There. Up there. | 那边 上面 |
[11:46] | Turn that damn thing off! | 把手电筒关掉 |
[11:52] | You’re on my property. | 你们私闯我的土地 |
[11:55] | We’re with the FBI. | 我们是调查局探员 |
[11:57] | – They’re not. – We were… | -他们不是 -我们 |
[12:00] | We were chasing what they told us was a monster. | 我们只是在追他们说的怪物 |
[12:03] | Monster? What did I tell you boys? | 怪物 我是怎么说的 |
[12:08] | There ain’t no monster. | 这里根本没有怪物 |
[12:10] | I’ll show you the monster you’re lookin’ for. | 我给你们看你们要找的怪物 |
[12:16] | – Who sent you here? – Your father. | -是谁叫你们来的 -你的父亲 |
[12:18] | My father is a simpleton farmer. | 我父亲只是个农夫 |
[12:20] | He understands nothing of my scientific achievements. | 根本不懂我的科学成就 |
[12:24] | What achievements are those? | 什么成就 |
[12:25] | What makes you think you’d understand? | 你难道比他们更懂 |
[12:28] | Well, I’m a scientist, for one. | 我也是个科学家 |
[12:30] | Then you probably know that | 那你也许会知道 |
[12:31] | once in a generation, perhaps once in a lifetime, | 一辈子也许会有一次 |
[12:34] | a truth is uncovered which | 我们会发现 |
[12:36] | thrusts mankind into a shocking new consciousness, | 激发人类智慧的真理 |
[12:39] | turning accepted notions of our very existence on their head. | 完全颠覆人类所既有的概念 |
[12:43] | Consider relativity. The double helix. | 比如说 相对论 |
[12:45] | And now the homeotic hox gene, | 还有现在的同源异形基因 |
[12:47] | for which I will undoubtedly | 我一定会成为 |
[12:49] | have my place among the Columbus’s of science | 科学界的哥伦布 |
[12:51] | as a visionary leader of men, yes? | 一个有远见的领袖 什么事 |
[12:54] | What do you want me to do with these, Dr Polidori? | 波利多教授 这要我怎么处理 |
[13:01] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[13:03] | What is the homeotic hox gene? | 同源异形基因是什么 |
[13:08] | She’s a scientist. Ask her. | 她是科学家 问她 |
[13:11] | I, uh… I believe that it has | 应该是与成长发育 |
[13:14] | something to do with, um… growth and development. | 有关的 |
[13:18] | If you two will excuse me, I don’t have time for this. | 两位失陪 我没时间浪费 |
[13:21] | I have to travel tonight to the | 我今晚 |
[13:23] | University of Ingolstadt | 要去英格斯塔特大学 |
[13:24] | to deliver an international address. | 参加国际座谈会 |
[13:25] | Sir, unless you want your scientific achievements | 除非你希望自己的成就 |
[13:28] | to end up as a footnote on the Jerry Springer Show, | 变成脱口秀的花边 |
[13:31] | I suggest that you make the time. | 你最好给我们一点时间 |
[13:36] | Jerry Springer Show? | 脱口秀 |
[13:39] | Witness the morphogenesis of drosophila. | 大家看到果蝇的 |
[13:43] | The fruit fly. | 成长过程 |
[13:46] | What you are watching has been going on for millennia – | 你们所看到的千年来没有变化过 |
[13:50] | since the Cambrian period some 580 million short years ago, | 自从五亿多年前 |
[13:53] | when drosophila was first born. | 果蝇刚刚诞生时 |
[13:55] | See the elegant symmetry with which the pupa grows | 请看看优雅的对称 |
[13:58] | into a series of beautiful segments. | 果蝇分裂成很漂亮的部分 |
[14:03] | What we have found… | 我们所发现的是 |
[14:06] | what I have found | 我发现的 |
[14:08] | is that these segments represent a linear model | 这些部分是线条模型 |
[14:11] | for the genetic development of our friend the fly. | 代表着苍蝇的遗传发展 |
[14:16] | Each gene is responsible | 每个基因 |
[14:17] | for the development of its corresponding segment – | 都与一个部分的发育有关 |
[14:19] | the legs, the mouth, the body, posterior and anterior – | 腿部 口部 身体 后半段 前半段 |
[14:23] | but which I, through my genius, | 因为我杰出的发现 |
[14:26] | can alter into a creation of my own. | 都可以进行改变 |
[14:30] | Behold, proboscopedia. | 你们注意看这个 |
[14:34] | This fly has legs– | 这个苍蝇的腿是… |
[14:45] | Growing out of his mouth. | 从嘴巴里长出来的 |
[14:51] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[14:54] | Because I can. | 因为我做得到 |
[14:57] | Could that be done in humans? | 人类也可以如此吗 |
[14:59] | That would go against every scientific convention. | 这会有悖于科学伦理 |
[15:02] | But could it be done? | 办得到吗 |
[15:05] | Theoretically. | 理论上可以 |
[15:17] | Good night, Dr Frankenstein. | 晚安 科学怪人 |
[15:21] | Despite what you might think, Mulder, | 不管你怎么想 穆德 |
[15:24] | designer mutations like these are virtually impossible on humans. | 人类不可能有这么奇怪的变种 |
[15:27] | – That’s not what I just heard. – Mulder, even if they could, | -这和他说的不同 -就算可以 |
[15:31] | no scientist would even dare | 没有科学家 |
[15:32] | to perform these kind of experiments on a human. | 会敢做这样的实验 |
[15:35] | Well, then, why do them at all? | 那为什么要做实验 |
[15:37] | To… unlock the mysteries of genetics. | 为了解开遗传之谜 |
[15:39] | To understand why, even though we share the same genes, | 了解为什么是那样 虽然我们有一样的基因 |
[15:42] | we develop arms instead of wings, | 人类有手 而不是翅膀 |
[15:44] | We become humans instead of flies or monsters. | 我们是人类而不是苍蝇或怪物 |
[15:48] | But given the power, who could resist… | 只要拥有这种能力 谁能抗拒得了 |
[15:50] | resist the temptation to create life in his own image? | 以自己的形象来创造生命的诱惑 |
[15:53] | We already have that ability, Mulder. It’s called procreation. | 我们已经有这种能力了 那就是繁殖 |
[15:58] | And first thing tomorrow morning, | 明天早上第一件事 |
[16:00] | I’m gonna verify the pregnancy of Shaineh Berkowitz. | 就是为伯科威茨太太验孕 |
[16:19] | – When are you comin’ home again? – Huh? | -你什么时候回家 -什么 |
[16:22] | – When are you comin’ home again? – What? | -你什么时候回家 -什么 |
[16:25] | – We were gonna have that talk. – Soon. | -我们需要好好的谈谈 -很快 |
[16:28] | Soon. We’ll have our talk soon. | 我们很快就会谈 |
[16:30] | That’s what you always say. | 你总是这么说 |
[16:32] | Elizabeth, you know how I feel about children. | 伊莉莎伯 你知道我对孩子的看法 |
[16:36] | They’re mewling little monsters. | 孩子就是小怪物 |
[16:38] | But I want children. | 可是我要生孩子 |
[16:41] | What happened to our dream? | 我们的梦想呢 |
[16:43] | Of getting out of this place, | 我们不是要离开这个鬼地方吗 |
[16:45] | getting away from this hick town? | 离开这个乡下 |
[16:47] | I think that’s your dream. | 那好象是你的梦想 |
[16:49] | Elizabeth, what do you want? A baby? Or a Nobel prize? | 伊丽莎白 你要什么 宝宝还是诺贝尔奖 |
[16:56] | See you on Thursday. | 星期四见 |
[18:22] | Hot plates! Hot, hot, hot!Biscuits, fritters, grits, | 盘子很烫 面包 煎饼 玉米粉 |
[18:27] | Flapjacks,eggs – boiled, scrambled, poached and fried. | 燕麦饼 水煮蛋 炒蛋 煎蛋 荷包蛋 |
[18:30] | We got some monster grapefruits on the way. | 还有怪物葡萄柚 特别大 |
[18:33] | Bigger than your head, almost. | 几乎比你的头还大 |
[18:35] | I’d… I’d just like some coffee, thanks. | 我只想喝点咖啡 谢谢 |
[18:37] | On the house. Compliments of JJ. | 没问题 杰杰请客 |
[18:40] | That’s with two Js. | 两个杰 |
[18:54] | Is it true Jerry Springer’s comin’ to town? | 脱口秀真的要来我们这里吗 |
[19:07] | We’ve been had. | 我告诉你 我们被骗了 |
[19:09] | I’ll save you the trouble of reading it. | 你不必看报纸了 |
[19:12] | It has everything that we talked about last night. Word for word. | 这和我们昨晚谈到的一字不差 |
[19:18] | Izzy Berkowitz! | 伊西 滚过来 |
[19:19] | – Get your butt front and center! – What did I do? | -我做了什么事 -我怎么说呢 |
[19:23] | All I can say is, I hope the answer to that question is nothin’. | 我希望你什么都没有做 |
[19:28] | We believe you or one of your | 我们认为你或你的朋友 |
[19:29] | friends recorded our conversation last night | 录下昨晚的对话 |
[19:32] | – and gave it to a newspaper reporter. – Me? | -交给记者 -我 |
[19:34] | In order to promote your comic-book monster that you created. | 为了替你的漫画人物做宣传 |
[19:38] | – Do you own a tape recorder, Izzy? – Uh… | 你有录音机吗 伊西 |
[19:40] | Christmas 1993! | 93年的圣诞礼物 |
[19:55] | ..Of shared fears. Anxieties taking the form of a hideous monster | 共同恐惧的取代 人们的恐惧就成为了 |
[19:59] | for whom the most horrific human… | 一个最丑陋的怪兽 |
[20:02] | That’s for starters! | 先给你点颜色看看 |
[20:07] | Hey. Hey, that’s it! | 就是这首 |
[20:13] | That song was playing when I got knocked up. | 我大肚子时就是听到这首歌 |
[20:20] | – Who the hell is that? – That’s the voice we heard in the woods. | -那是什么 -昨晚在森林里听到的声音 |
[20:23] | That’s him. The Great Mutato. | 这是他 突变怪人 |
[20:58] | – Where are we going now? – Messenger this to the Bureau. | -我们现在要去哪里 -把这个送回局里 |
[21:00] | I want special audio to separate out the voice. | 我要他们做音质处理把声音抽出来 |
[21:03] | Then I wanna see the professor. | 我还要回去找教授 |
[21:05] | Mulder, this is just a dopey hoax. | 这只是个骗局 |
[21:07] | Something recorded its voice on this. | 他的声音被录下来了 |
[21:09] | What, do you think that Dr Polidori had something to do with it? | 你认为这与那个教授有关吗 |
[21:13] | When Victor Frankenstein | 当科学怪人问自己 |
[21:14] | asks “Whence did the principle of life proceed?” | “生命是从何开始的” |
[21:17] | and as the gratifying summit | 最后他造出 |
[21:19] | to his toils creates a hideous phantasm of a man, | 人型怪物 |
[21:21] | he prefigures the postmodern Prometheus, the genetic engineer, | 他就成为后现代普罗米修斯 他是一个 |
[21:25] | whose power to reanimate matter, genes, into life, us, | 有复活能力的遗传工程师 能把基因变成生命 |
[21:29] | is only as limited as his imagination is. | 他的能力只受到想象空间的限制 |
[21:32] | Mulder, I’m alarmed that you | 穆德 我感到很意外 |
[21:33] | would reduce this man to a literary stereotype. | 你把他表述为 |
[21:36] | A mad scientist. | 疯狂科学家 |
[21:38] | Who else would go to such | 有谁会这么麻烦的 |
[21:39] | trouble to impregnate Shaineh Berkowitz? | 把伯科威茨太太的肚子搞大 |
[21:56] | I mean, I have to admit, Mulder, everything looks in order. | 我必须承认 看起来没问题 |
[21:59] | Mrs Berkowitz had a tubal ligation in 1993, | 伯科威茨太太93年结扎了 |
[22:03] | and two months ago she had two pregnancy tests, | 两个月前验过两次孕 |
[22:06] | both with positive results. | 都是阳性的反应 |
[22:11] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[22:15] | Mrs Berkowitz said that when she saw her intruder, | 伯科威茨太太的信上说 看到入侵者时 |
[22:18] | there was a gaseous white cloud. | 同时也看到白烟 |
[22:21] | Then, when she woke up three days later, | 她三天后醒来时 |
[22:23] | nobody knew that she’d been gone. | 没有人知道她发生了什么 |
[22:25] | Yeah. So? | 那又如何 |
[23:33] | Come on. Get up. | 快点 起来 |
[23:37] | Move! | 快点 |
[23:43] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[24:07] | I told you. There ain’t no monster. | 我不是说过了吗 没有怪物 |
[24:21] | What are you doing in my house? | 你们跑来我家干什么 |
[24:25] | He had this awful face, with these hideous tumours and… | 他的脸好丑 有很多肉瘤 |
[24:30] | and not one mouth, but two. | 还有两个嘴巴 |
[24:35] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[24:38] | Dr Polidori? | 波利多教授 |
[24:41] | Is there something you’d like to tell us? | 你有什么事情要告诉我们 |
[24:47] | Are you accusing me of | 你指控我 |
[24:48] | knowing something that I’m not telling you? | 知情不报 |
[24:51] | I’m accusing that your wife may have been impregnated. | 我是说 你太太可能怀孕了 |
[24:57] | Impregnated? By whom? | 怀孕 谁做的 |
[25:01] | Oh, I think you… | 我认为你应该知道 |
[25:05] | Sir, with all due respect, I think this is all part of a hoax. | 先生 恕我直言 我认为这全是骗局 |
[25:11] | – A hoax? – A shameless publicity stunt. | -骗局 -全是为了搞宣传 |
[25:14] | Scully. | 史卡利 |
[25:16] | What? What is that? | 那是什么 |
[25:18] | The other victims, they had their frying pans… violated. | 其他的受害者 锅子也变成这样 |
[25:23] | Do you know what that is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[25:31] | No, I don’t. | 不知道 |
[25:43] | I think we found our smokin’ gun. | 我们好象找到证据了 |
[25:50] | Hey, Mom. | 嗨 妈妈 |
[25:52] | Hey, you look great. You look great. | 你气色不错 |
[25:55] | Hey, Gar. | 嗨 戈比 |
[25:57] | Mom, I got some great news. | 妈 我有重大新闻 |
[26:00] | Me too. You first. | 我也有 你先说 |
[26:03] | I quit. I’m clean as a whistle. | 我辞职了 一身轻 |
[26:06] | Brought you your favourite. You finish your movie. | 这是你最喜欢的 你先看完电影 |
[26:10] | Don’t stay up too late. OK, son? | 早点睡觉 儿子 |
[26:13] | Well, that’s a start. | 好了 这是个开始 |
[26:16] | What about your news ? | 你的新闻呢 |
[26:19] | Well, it’s no big deal I met a girl, We’re goin’ out. | 没什么 我认识一女孩 我们约会了 |
[26:23] | Oh! Come on, tell us! | 她叫什么 |
[26:26] | Well, her name is Diana. | 她叫戴安娜 |
[26:29] | She’s beautiful with long blonde hair. | 她很漂亮 |
[26:31] | She rides horses, and she’s beautiful and she’s smart, | 她喜欢骑马 漂亮又聪明 |
[26:34] | and she loves me. | 还爱我 |
[26:37] | Oh, what’s not to love, baby? | 没理由不爱 宝贝 |
[27:17] | Tell me it isn’t true. | 告诉我 你没有做 |
[27:19] | You didn’t. | 你没有做 |
[27:22] | You wouldn’t. | 你不会的 |
[27:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:28] | Because I can. | 因为我办得到 |
[27:59] | – Excuse me. – Not a problem. | -对不起 -没问题 |
[28:36] | – What’s this? – Compliments of JJ. | -这是什么 -杰杰请你的 |
[28:39] | – Coffee? – Sure. | -咖啡吗 -好的 |
[28:47] | That’s not a place you wanna burn a guy. | 男人最不希望这个地方被烫到 |
[29:04] | – Come on! – What is it? | -快点 -是什么 |
[29:14] | What’s goin’ on? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[29:26] | – You wanna see your monster? – Yeah! | -要不要看怪物 -要 |
[29:28] | – You really wanna see your monster? – Yeah! | -真的想看怪物吗 -想 |
[29:30] | Here’s your monster. | 这就是怪物 |
[29:37] | His name… is Izzy Berkowitz! | 他的名字是伊西·伯科威茨 |
[29:40] | – Let’s get him! – String him up! | 吊死他 把他绑起来 |
[29:42] | Get your hands off him! | 不要碰他 |
[29:45] | – You let him go. – I intercepted a package. | -放了他-我拦截了一个包裹 |
[29:49] | How would you like your face to intercept my fist | 你想尝一下老娘的拳头吗 |
[29:53] | Your kid’s a monster! | 你儿子就是怪物… |
[29:55] | Yeah ! Yeah ! | 是啊 |
[29:58] | That is my son you’re talkin’ about! | 你们骂的是我儿子 |
[30:05] | – Mulder? – You may have been right, Scully. | -穆德 -史考莉 也许你对了 |
[30:08] | What, that they can be reduced to cultural stereotypes? | 他们就喜欢八卦文化 |
[30:11] | – They unmasked the monster. – Don’t start that with me. | -他们找到怪物了 -别这样跟我说 |
[30:14] | I may have found something saying otherwise. | 我也许找到了相反的证据 |
[30:16] | The residue on the frying pan was an agricultural product, | 那个锅子上的残留物是农业用药 |
[30:19] | used to anaesthetise herds of animals. | 用来麻醉牲口的 |
[30:22] | – Used by who? – Farmers, | -谁用的 -农夫 |
[30:24] | who must register with | 只要持有 |
[30:26] | the FDA even to have it in their possession. | 就要注册 |
[30:28] | Is there someone registered locally? | 当地有人注册吗 |
[32:54] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[33:05] | We may be too late. | 我们也许太迟了 |
[33:10] | I think we are. | 太迟了 |
[33:14] | Who’s that? | 是谁 |
[33:17] | Show yourself! | 快出来 |
[33:24] | If you’re armed, drop your weapon and walk out slowly. | 如果有枪快放下 慢慢地走出来 |
[33:30] | Please don’t… don’t kill me. | 请不要… 不要杀了我 |
[33:35] | – Who are you? – I’m with the newspaper. | -你是谁 -我是报社的人 |
[33:38] | What’s your business here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[33:40] | The old man was murdered. | 那个老人被谋杀了 |
[33:43] | By whom? | 凶手是谁 |
[33:53] | – It’s alive. – I’ve seen it. | -是真的 -我看到 |
[33:56] | In the barn, burying the old man. | 他在农舍里埋葬老人 |
[34:06] | He’s a killer! | -杀了他 -凶手… |
[34:09] | Murderer! | 凶手 |
[34:12] | Where’s the monster? | 怪物在哪儿 |
[34:27] | Whatever you have in mind, | 不管你们想做什么 |
[34:28] | I’m gonna have to ask you to stop right there. | 请你们立刻停手 |
[34:31] | We have come for the murderer! | -我们是来找凶手的 -是的 |
[34:34] | What makes you think he’s here? | 你们为什么认为他在这里 |
[34:36] | I’ve seen him with my own eyes. | 我亲眼看到的 |
[34:38] | – He is not a man. He is a monster! – Yeah! | -他不是人 他是怪物 -是的 |
[34:43] | The fiend must be found, | 必须找到那个魔鬼 |
[34:44] | and then we’ll let justice take its course! | 我们必须替天行道 |
[34:46] | Yeah! | 是的 |
[34:48] | We’ll search every crevice, every ravine! | 我们要搜遍这里的每一寸 |
[34:51] | – Get him alive if you can, but you get him! – Yeah! | -最好是能够活捉 一定要抓住他 -对 |
[35:29] | There’s only one way Polidori could have seen that monster. | 波利多见到怪物只有一个可能 |
[35:33] | If he was out here himself. | 那就是他自己来过这里 |
[35:37] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[35:47] | We’re federal agents, and we’re armed! Come on out! | 调查局 我们有枪 快出来 |
[35:59] | Scully, look at this. | 史考莉 看看这个 |
[36:25] | – Oh, my God. – You’re gonna have to come out of there. | -天啊 -你必须要赶快离开 |
[36:31] | We’re not gonna hurt you. | 我们不会伤害你的 |
[36:35] | – Think he understands? – I hope not. | -他能够听懂吗 -希望不能 |
[36:40] | He looks frightened. | 他看起来很害怕 |
[36:43] | We’re gonna have to get him out of here, | 我们必须赶快让他走 |
[36:45] | Scully. They’re gonna kill him. | 他们会杀了他的 |
[36:48] | The barn’s on fire ! | 农舍起火了 |
[37:29] | There it is! | 他在那里 |
[37:32] | Let’s go ! Let’s get him ! | 走 去抓他 |
[37:58] | – Let him go! – Where is he? | -把他交出来 -他在哪里 |
[38:01] | You let him go or we’ll burn him out. | 不交他出来 我们就放火 |
[38:03] | Where is he? Show the world your horrid, lumpy face! | 他在哪里 你这个丑八怪 赶快现身 |
[38:14] | – That’s him. – Uck. | -就是他 -呸 |
[38:18] | That repulsive physiognomy is the vilest perversion of science. | 这个丑八怪 是最变态的科学产物 |
[38:23] | – Created by whom? – A pale student of my most hallowed arts, | -是谁创造出来的 -是我的一个学生 |
[38:28] | whose life was taken by that which he gave life. | 可是他被自己所创造出的 |
[38:31] | By his own horrible creation, | 怪物杀了 |
[38:33] | by that monstrosity that you see before you. | 凶手就是这个怪物 |
[38:36] | Who’s he talkin’ about? | 他指的是谁 |
[38:40] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[38:44] | – No. – He can talk. | -不 -他会说话 |
[38:48] | Your ears deceive you. | 你们听错了 |
[38:51] | It’s a trick. | 这是个骗局 |
[38:59] | I’m sorry, my voice is damaged by the gaseous chemical. | 对不起 我的嗓子被毒气弄伤了 |
[39:04] | But I would like to explain myself. | 可是我想解释一下 |
[39:08] | Despite my appearance, | 虽然我的外表 |
[39:09] | which you see is quite horrible to the human senses, | 对于你们来说非常丑 |
[39:12] | I… have never acted to harm another soul. | 我从来没有伤害过任何人 |
[39:17] | – These are fiendish lies. – Quiet. | -一片谎言 -安静 |
[39:25] | 25 years ago, | 25年前 |
[39:28] | my father, having only one son – | 我父亲只有一个儿子 |
[39:32] | a spiteful, hateful man of science, | 一个充满恨意的科学家 |
[39:35] | incapable of the deeper sentiments – | 心中没有一丝情感 |
[39:39] | he came to realize that this | 他发现自己的儿子 |
[39:41] | son had been conducting secret experiments, | 在进行秘密的实验 |
[39:45] | of which I was the most unfortunate product. | 而我就是实验的结果 |
[39:53] | A simple man, he rescued | 我父亲非常单纯 |
[39:55] | me and loved me in spite of my deformities. | 不管我的畸型 还是救了我 |
[40:00] | But as time passed, I grew restless for friends of my own. | 可是后来我希望有自己的朋友 |
[40:05] | Because I couldn’t go to school or play sports, | 我不能上学 打球 |
[40:09] | or even show my face outside this farm, | 甚至不能离开这个农场 |
[40:13] | my father set out to learn his son’s science, | 我父亲去学儿子的科学 |
[40:16] | so that before he died he might create for me a mate. | 希望在他死前能为我创造一个配偶 |
[40:25] | Alas, my father was a simple man, | 我父亲是个单纯的人 |
[40:29] | his heart close to the soil he worked, the animals he tended. | 心里只有他的农地和牲口 |
[40:37] | The experiments he attempted, too advanced. | 这些实验都太先进了 |
[40:40] | The science, too complex for his understanding. | 这些实验实在太复杂了 |
[40:43] | The results of his experiments, unsatisfactory. | 结果无法令他满意 |
[40:57] | I still… You mean Izzy…? | 我还是不明白 你的意思是…伊西 |
[41:01] | But who’s the father? | 可是父亲是谁 |
[41:08] | Suffice to say, his experiments failed. | 可以说实验失败了 |
[41:12] | My father is dead. | 我父亲死了 |
[41:21] | I am alone and miserable. | 我现在又孤独 又难过 |
[41:24] | But one as deformed and | 可是像我这么丑陋的人 |
[41:25] | horrible as myself would not deny herself to me. | 还是需要伴侣的 |
[41:30] | If this being you can create, | 如果你们能够为我创造配偶 |
[41:32] | then I will take blame as a murderer. | 我愿意承担罪名 |
[41:37] | I don’t know how to recreate you. | 我不知道该如何去做 |
[41:43] | You were a mistake. | 你就是个错误 |
[41:52] | What we did was wrong. | 我们所做的事情是错的 |
[41:54] | But in our trespasses, we gave you a loving son. | 可是我们的过程却给了你一个好儿子 |
[41:59] | And in your homes, | 你们的家 |
[42:03] | I went places I’d never dreamed of. | 是我做梦都没去过的地方 |
[42:06] | With your books and your records | 你们的书 唱片 电视 |
[42:08] | and your home media centers, I learned of the world, | 我了解到这个世界 |
[42:14] | and of a mother’s love that I’ll never know. | 我也了解到母亲的爱 |
[42:22] | Cher loved that boy so much. | 雪儿那么爱自己的儿子 |
[42:27] | Hey. He’s no monster. | 嗨 他不是怪物 |
[42:38] | Arrest me, then, as you will. | 你们可以把我捉去 |
[43:02] | We should go, Mulder. | 我们该走了 |
[43:04] | – The prisoner’s in the car. – This is all wrong, Scully. | -犯人上车了 -一切都错了 |
[43:08] | This is not how the story’s supposed to end. | 故事不应该如此结尾的 |
[43:10] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[43:11] | Dr Frankenstein pays for his evil ambitions, | 科学怪人为野心付出代价 |
[43:13] | but the monster’s supposed to escape to go search for his bride. | 可是怪物还是逃出来去找自己的新娘 |
[43:18] | There’s not gonna be any bride, Mulder. Not in this story. | 穆德 这个故事里没有新娘 |
[43:23] | Well, where is the writer? | 作家在哪里 |
[43:27] | I wanna speak to the writer. | 我们需要找作家谈一谈 |
[45:09] | Tell me something. Is it… is it hard to love these babies? | 告诉我 爱这些宝宝很难吗 |
[45:13] | What’s not to love? | 为什么会难 |