时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:29] | – I almost gave up on you. – Sorry. | -我都快要放弃等你了 -对不起 |
[00:32] | Checkout lines were worse than rush hour on the 95. | 排队结帐的队伍比95号公路的尖峰时段还糟 |
[00:35] | If I heard “”Silent Night” one more time, | 要是再让我听一次”平安夜” |
[00:37] | I was gonna start taking hostages | 我就要去绑架人了 |
[00:40] | – What are we doing here? – Stakeout. | -我们在这里做什么 -监视 |
[00:43] | – On Christmas Eve? – It’s an important date. | -在平安夜 -这是个重要的日子 |
[00:45] | – No kidding. – Important to why we’re here. | -是呀 -对于为什么我们在这儿很重要 |
[00:47] | Turn off your car and I’ll fill you in on the details. | 你为什么不停下车 我会告诉你一些详情 |
[00:50] | Mulder, I’ve got wrapping to do. | 穆德 我有很多东西要包装 |
[00:52] | It’s the night before Christmas. | 今天可是圣诞前夜呀 |
[00:56] | Oh. | 哦 |
[01:09] | Let’s hear it. Give me the details. | 说来听听吧 告诉我详情 |
[01:13] | Look, if you’ve got Christmas stuff to do, | 如果你有圣诞节的东西要处理 |
[01:14] | I don’t want to you know– | 我就不说了 你知道 |
[01:15] | I drove out here. I might as well know why, right? | 我都开到这儿了 我也想知道是为了什么 对不对 |
[01:19] | I just thought you’d be more… curious. | 我只是以为你会更 好奇一点 |
[01:22] | – Who lives in the house? – No one. | -谁住在里面 -没人 |
[01:25] | – Then who are we staking out? – The former occupants. | -那我们在监视谁 -以前的屋主 |
[01:27] | – They’ve come back? – That’s the story. | -他们跑回来住 -故事就在这里 |
[01:31] | I see. The dark, gothic manor. | 我知道了 黑暗的哥德式的庄园 |
[01:36] | The omnipresent low fog, | 无处不在的薄雾 |
[01:38] | hugging the thicket of overgrowth. | 笼罩着低矮的树丛 |
[01:42] | Wait. Is that a hound I hear baying out in the moors? | 等等 我听到的是猎犬在荒野上的嚎叫吗 |
[01:46] | No. Actually, that was a left cheek sneak. | 不 事实上 那是我偷放了个屁 |
[01:50] | Mulder, tell me you didn’t call me out here | 穆德 告诉我你不是要我在平安夜里 |
[01:51] | on Christmas Eve to go ghostbusting with you. | 跟你出来抓鬼的 |
[01:53] | Technically speaking they’re called apparitions | 学术上的说法应该叫做幽灵 |
[01:55] | Mulder, call it what you want. | 穆德 随你爱怎么叫 |
[01:57] | I’ve got holiday cheer to spread. | 我还要去分发圣诞礼物 |
[01:59] | I’ve got a family roll call under the tree at 6:00 a.M. | 我还要在早上6点跟我的家人一起在圣诞树下聚会 |
[02:03] | I’ll make it fast. I’ll just give you the details. | 我长话短说 我只是告诉你一些资料 |
[02:07] | – Okay. – Christmas, 1 91 7. | -好吧 -1917年的圣诞节 |
[02:09] | It was a time of dark, dark despair. | 那是个非常非常黑暗绝望的年代 |
[02:12] | American soldiers were | 美国士兵 |
[02:13] | dying at an ungodly rate in a war-torn Europe | 在欧洲战场上大量阵亡 |
[02:15] | while at home, | 而在家乡 |
[02:16] | a deadly flu virus attacked young and old alike. | 一种要命的传染性病毒袭击了老老少少 |
[02:19] | Tragedy was a visitor on every doorstep, | 悲剧发生在每一户家庭 |
[02:22] | while a creeping hopelessness | 绝望蔓延到 |
[02:23] | set in with every man woman and child | 每个男女老少的心里 |
[02:25] | It was a time of dark, dark despair. | 那是个非常非常黑暗绝望的年代 |
[02:27] | You said that. | 你刚才说过了 |
[02:29] | But here at 1 501 Larkspur Lane, | 但在这里 飞燕草巷1501号 |
[02:32] | for a pair of star-crossed lovers, | 有一对不幸的情侣 |
[02:34] | tragedy came not from war or pestilence, | 他们的悲剧的发生并不是由于战争和瘟疫 |
[02:36] | not by the boot heel or the bombardier, | 不是因为金戈和铁马 |
[02:38] | but by their own innocent hand. | 而是由于他们自己无邪的双手 |
[02:43] | – Go on. – His name was Maurice. | -继续 -他的名字叫摩瑞斯 |
[02:45] | He was a brooding but heroic young man… | 他是个深思熟虑 而且英勇的年轻人 |
[02:48] | beloved of Lyda, a beauty | 他的爱人莱妲 |
[02:49] | with a light that followed her wherever she went | 是一位走到哪里都有光环笼罩着的美女 |
[02:53] | They were likened to two angels descended from heaven, | 他们就像两个来自天堂的天使 |
[02:55] | whom the gods could not protect from the horrors… | 降临到这个连神都无法保护的 |
[02:57] | being visited upon this cold, gray earth. | 冷酷 灰暗的人间 |
[03:01] | And what happened to them? | 他们发生了什么事 |
[03:03] | Driven by a tragic fear of separation, | 因为太害怕分离 |
[03:05] | they forged a lovers’ pact… | 他们相互立下誓言 |
[03:08] | so that they might spend eternity together… | 以使他们永世相守 |
[03:10] | and not spend one precious Christmas apart. | 不再孤单地过任何一个珍贵的圣诞节 |
[03:13] | They killed themselves? | 他们自杀了 |
[03:16] | And their ghosts haunt this house every Christmas Eve. | 他们的灵魂每到圣诞节的时候就在这房子附近出没 |
[03:21] | I just gave myself chills. | 我都已经起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[03:23] | It’s a good story, Mulder, | 这是个好故事 穆德 |
[03:26] | and very well told, but I don’t believe it. | 而且你说得很好 但是我不相信 |
[03:28] | – You don’t believe in ghosts? – That surprises you? | -你不相信有鬼 -你很惊讶吗 |
[03:31] | Well, yeah. I thought everybody believed in ghosts. | 呃 对呀 我以为人人都相信有鬼的 |
[03:35] | Mulder, if it were any other night, | 穆德 如果是其他任何一天 |
[03:37] | I might let you talk me into it | 我也许就会跟你去 |
[03:39] | but the halls are decked, and I got to go. | 不过现在很晚了 我必须得走了 |
[03:46] | – My best to the family. – What are you doing? | -祝你们家人都好 -你要做什么 |
[03:51] | Mulder, don’t you have somewhere to be? | 穆德 你没有什么地方可去吗 |
[03:54] | Just gonna take a look | 我只是进去看看 |
[04:02] | I’m not going to do it. My New Year’s resolution. | 我才不会去呢 我还有新年祝福要送 |
[04:38] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[04:40] | – Change your mind? – Did you take my car keys? | -你改主意了 -你拿了我的车钥匙没有 |
[04:44] | – No. – Come on, Mulder. Don’t kid around. | -没有 -好了 穆德 别开玩笑了 |
[04:46] | – Why would I take your car keys? – Maybe you, uh– | -我干嘛要拿你的车钥匙 -可能你 呃 |
[04:51] | Maybe you grabbed them by mistake. | 可能你拿错了 |
[04:53] | Maybe it was a ghost. | 可能是鬼拿走了 |
[05:10] | Cold wind. | 是阴风 |
[05:12] | There must be a window open upstairs. | 一定是楼上有个窗户没关好 |
[05:15] | The weather report said that there was | 气象预报说今天有 |
[05:16] | an 80% chance of rain. | 80%的机率会下雨 |
[05:18] | Maybe even a– Maybe even a white Christmas. | 甚至可能会有一个白色圣诞节 |
[06:29] | I think the spirits are among us. | 我想这里有鬼 |
[06:32] | Quit trying to scare me and help me get these doors open. | 穆德 别吓我了 过来帮忙开门 |
[06:35] | Sounds like there’s somebody walking around upstairs. | 听起来好像有人在楼上走动 |
[06:38] | There. You hear that? | 在这里 你听到了没有 |
[06:42] | Mulder, I really have to go. | 穆德 我真的要回去了 |
[06:44] | – There’s nothing to be afraid of. – I’m not afraid, okay? | -没什么好怕的 -我不害怕 好不好 |
[06:48] | Ghosts are benevolent entities. | 鬼是一种友善的东西 |
[06:50] | Mostly. | 大部分是 |
[06:55] | You are not scaring me, Mulder. | 你吓不到我的 穆德 |
[07:06] | Look, I really have to get home. | 听着 我真的要回家了 |
[07:19] | – Mulder– – Shh! | -穆德 -嘘 |
[07:21] | – What was that? – These are tricks that the mind plays. | -那是什么声音 -这些是我们的脑子耍的鬼把戏 |
[07:26] | They are ingrained cliches | 尤其是被 |
[07:27] | from a thousand different horror films | 上千部老掉牙的恐怖电影调教过之后 |
[07:30] | When we hear a sound, we get a chill. | 我们听到一个声音 就吓得要死 |
[07:32] | We see a shadow, | 我们看到一个影子 |
[07:33] | and we allow ourselves to imagine something… | 就会让自己想像那些 |
[07:35] | that an otherwise rational person | 理智的人根本 |
[07:36] | would discount out of hand. | 不会在意的东西 |
[07:41] | The whole– Mulder? | 所有的 穆德 |
[07:43] | The whole idea of a benevolent | 所有的那些认为 |
[07:45] | entity fits perfectly with what I’m saying | 鬼是友善的想法正符合我刚说的 |
[07:47] | That a spirit would materialize or return… | 灵魂会变成实体或是返回人间 |
[07:50] | for no other purpose than to show itself | 只是为了要让人看见它们 |
[07:52] | is silly and ridiculous. | 这是很愚蠢荒谬的 |
[07:54] | What it really shows is | 这正表现出 |
[07:55] | how silly and ridiculous we have become | 我们相信这些事情 |
[07:57] | in believing such things. | 有多么的愚蠢和荒谬 |
[07:59] | I mean, that we can ignore | 我的意思是 |
[08:01] | all natural laws about the corporeal body | 我们不理会所有有形实体的自然法则 |
[08:04] | that we witness these spirits clad | 我们看到这些鬼魂穿着 |
[08:06] | in their own shabby outfits, | 他们破烂的外衣 |
[08:08] | with the same old haircuts and hairstyles, | 顶着老式的发型 |
[08:11] | never aging, | 永远不老 |
[08:13] | never in search of more comfortable surroundings. | 永远也不想找个更舒适的环境 |
[08:15] | It actually ends up saying | 这到最后实际上 |
[08:17] | more about the living than it does about the dead | 说的更像活人 而不是死人 |
[08:20] | Mulder, it doesn’t take an | 穆德 并不需要 |
[08:21] | advanced degree in psychology to understand | 有高等心理学知识就能理解 |
[08:23] | the unconscious yearnings that these imaginings satisfy. | 潜意识渴望这些想像能得到满足 |
[08:28] | You know, the longing for immortality, | 你知道 渴望长生不老 |
[08:31] | the hope that there is something beyond this mortal coil, | 希望能有超越生死轮回的东西 |
[08:34] | that we might never belong without our loved ones. | 希望与我们所爱的人永不分离 |
[08:36] | These are powerful, powerful desires. | 这些都是非常非常强烈的欲望 |
[08:39] | I mean, they’re the very essence of what make us human. | 我是说 这恰恰是我们之所以成为人类的本质 |
[08:44] | The very essence of Christmas, actually. | 事实上 也是圣诞节的本质 |
[08:51] | Tell me you’re not afraid. | 告诉我你不害怕 |
[08:54] | All right. I’m afraid. | 好吧 我是害怕 |
[08:56] | But it’s an irrational fear. | 但这是一种很不理智的害怕 |
[09:09] | – I got your back. – Thank you. | -我帮你看着后面 -谢谢 |
[09:27] | Mulder, did it occur to you that there aren’t ghosts here, | 穆德 你有没有想过这里根本没有鬼 |
[09:30] | but that somebody actually | 而是真的 |
[09:31] | -might be living in this house – No one lives here | -有人住在这里呢 -没有人住在这里 |
[09:34] | But when you and I were | 但是我们坐在车上的时候 |
[09:35] | sitting out in the car,there was not a light on | 没有灯是亮着的 |
[09:39] | and look at this. | 可是你看这里 |
[10:10] | Must have been some kind of electrical surge. | 这一定是某种电流过载 |
[10:12] | Mulder, did you happen to notice | 穆德 你有没有注意到 |
[10:14] | the clock downstairs is keeping perfect time | 楼下的钟走得很准确 |
[10:17] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[10:19] | And how do you explain that? | 那你要怎么解释那个 |
[10:35] | This fire has just gone out. | 刚刚才熄而已 |
[10:38] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[10:40] | Don’t look so disappointed. | 别看起来那么失望嘛 |
[10:42] | Why would anyone want to live in a cursed house? | 为什么有人要住在被诅咒的房子里呢 |
[10:45] | Mulder, it’s not enough that it’s haunted, | 穆德 闹鬼还不够 |
[10:47] | it has to be cursed? | 还要被诅咒 |
[10:48] | Every couple that’s ever lived here has met a tragic end. | 所有住在这里的夫妻都遭遇不幸 |
[10:50] | Three double murders in the last 80 years, | 过去80年里发生过3起双尸命案 |
[10:53] | all on Christmas Eve. | 全都发生在平安夜 |
[11:01] | Whoa. | 哇 |
[11:04] | There’s that sound again. | 又是那个声音 |
[11:38] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[11:52] | That’s not funny! | 这不好玩 |
[11:54] | I think there’s a hiding space under the floorboards. | 我想地板下有个密室 |
[11:57] | What are you going to do? | 你想要干什么 |
[11:59] | There may be somebody trapped. | 可能有人被困在下面 |
[12:01] | -I got to get them out – Mulder don’t | -我要把他们弄出来 -穆德 不要 |
[12:02] | – Not now. – Hey, you have a gun, right? | -别现在 -嘿 你带了枪 是吗 |
[12:04] | Rationally, | 理智点 |
[12:06] | you’ve been in much more dangerous situations. | 你遇到过比现在更危险的情况 |
[12:23] | Well, I was half right. | 喔 我对了一半 |
[12:26] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天 |
[12:39] | Hey, Scully. | 嘿 史考利 |
[12:43] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[12:49] | It’s a woman. | 是个女人 |
[12:54] | Mulder, it looks like they were shot to death. | 看起来他们是受枪伤死亡的 |
[13:00] | – You know what’s weird? – What? | -你知道这件事奇怪在哪儿吗 -在哪儿 |
[13:03] | Mulder, she’s wearing my outfit. | 穆德 她穿的跟我一样 |
[13:09] | How embarrassing. | 真是尴尬 |
[13:12] | Yeah, well, you know what? He’s wearing yours. | 是呀 你知道吗 他穿的跟你一样 |
[13:23] | Oh, Scully. | 喔 史考利 |
[13:26] | That’s us. | 那是我们两个 |
[13:37] | Hey, Scully. | 嘿 史考利 |
[13:40] | This is the same room. | 这是同一个房间 |
[14:12] | All right. | 好了 |
[14:14] | I’m beginning to get this. | 我要开始把这个搞清楚 |
[14:17] | You go through that door, and I– | 你走过那扇门 而我 |
[14:20] | – I should come out this door. – Right. | -我应该会从这边这个门出来 -对 |
[14:47] | – Mulder? – Scully! | -穆德 -史考利 |
[15:12] | Scully! | 史考利 |
[15:24] | Hey, Scully! | 嘿 史考利 |
[15:28] | Scully, can you hear me? | 史考利 你听得到我说话吗 |
[15:49] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[15:56] | – Who are you? – That’s a question I should be asking, | -你是谁 -这个问题应该我来问你 |
[15:58] | being this is my house you’re standing in. | 因为你正站在我的房子里 |
[16:04] | This isn’t one of those home invasions, is it? | 这不能算是私闯民宅吧 |
[16:07] | – No. – Good. | -不是 -好 |
[16:09] | Would you like me to show you the door? | 你要不要我带你出去 |
[16:12] | – That’s very funny. – I wasn’t making a joke. | -这倒好笑了 -我可不是在开玩笑 |
[16:15] | Have you looked at the door? | 你看到那门了吗 |
[16:17] | Uh-huh. I’m looking at it now. | 嗯 我正看着呢 |
[16:19] | Tell me what you see. | 告诉我你看到了什么 |
[16:20] | I see a door with the lock shot off it. | 我看到一扇门 上面的锁被打坏了 |
[16:25] | You gonna pay for that? | 你要想赔吗 |
[16:27] | That’s a door with a brick wall behind it. | 那是一扇后面有道砖墙的门 |
[16:31] | Okay, sure. | 好吧 当然 |
[16:33] | You’re playing tricks on me. | 你在跟我玩把戏 |
[16:36] | If I am, I’m sorry, but I don’t know any tricks. | 如果我有的话 我道歉 不过我不知道有任何的把戏 |
[16:40] | Yeah? That’s a trick in itself, isn’t it? | 是吗 这本身就是个把戏 不是吗 |
[16:42] | You’ve been playing tricks on us since we got here. | 你在我们进来后就一直跟我们玩把戏了 |
[16:44] | Am I to take it we’re not alone? | 我是不是应该相信有鬼呀 |
[16:49] | That’s very funny, coming from a ghost. | 真好笑 这话出自一个鬼的嘴里 |
[16:53] | Yeah, yeah! | 是呀 是 |
[16:57] | Oh, the gun fooled me a little at first. | 噢 刚刚是那把枪唬住了我 |
[17:02] | You’re a ghost hunter, huh? | 你是抓鬼的 对吗 |
[17:04] | And– And you think I’m a ghost, huh? | 而且你以为我是鬼 对不对 |
[17:08] | I’ve seen a lot of strange folks come around here… | 我看到过很多奇怪的家伙到这里来 |
[17:11] | with a lot of strange equipment, | 还带着奇怪的装备 |
[17:13] | but I think you must be the first I’ve seen come armed. | 不过我想你是第一个我见过带着枪来的 |
[17:18] | – Strange folks? – Mm-hmm. | -奇怪的家伙 -嗯 |
[17:20] | Like those folks under the floor– | 就像地板下的那两个 |
[17:28] | – How did you do that? – I didn’t do anything. | -你怎么做到的 -我什么都没做 |
[17:32] | There were corpses here. Bodies buried in the floorboards. | 这里本来有两具尸体 埋在地板木下面 |
[17:39] | Why don’t you have a seat, son? | 你为什么不坐下来呢 孩子 |
[17:51] | – You drink? Take drugs? – No. No. | -你酗酒 吸毒 -没有 |
[17:54] | – Get high? – No. | -吃兴奋剂 -没有 |
[17:56] | Are you overcome by the impulse | 你是否有那种冲动 |
[17:58] | to make everyone believe you? | 要每个人都相信你 |
[18:05] | I’m in the field of mental health. | 我是研究心理健康的 |
[18:07] | I specialize in disorders and manias… | 我专攻那些 |
[18:10] | related to pathological | 与超自然现象有关的 |
[18:12] | behavior as it pertains to the paranormal | 混乱和狂暴型的病态行为 |
[18:16] | Wow. I didn’t know such a thing existed. | 哇 我还不知道有这种研究存在呢 |
[18:20] | My specialty is in what I call “Soul prospectors.” | 我的专长被我称为”心灵探索者” |
[18:24] | A cross axial classification I’ve codified… | 这是一种跨学科的规纳法则 |
[18:29] | by extensive interaction with visitors like yourself. | 是我和你们这种来客频繁相处后得到的推论 |
[18:33] | I’ve found you all tend | 我发现你们这些人 |
[18:35] | to fall into pretty much the same category | 大都属于同一类型 |
[18:39] | What category is that? | 哪种类型 |
[18:41] | Narcissistic, overzealous, self-righteous egomaniac. | 超级自恋 过于追求 自视甚高的自大狂 |
[18:46] | Wow. That’s a category? | 哇 这也算是一类 |
[18:48] | You kindly think of yourself as single-minded, | 你可能认为自己是一个专注的人 |
[18:52] | but you’re prone to obsessive compulsiveness, | 可是你倾向于强迫自己沉迷于工作 |
[18:55] | workaholism, antisocialism. | 远离社交活动 |
[18:58] | Fertile fields for the descent into… | 以至于消极到 |
[19:02] | total wacko breakdown. | 完全疯狂崩溃的地步 |
[19:05] | I don’t think that pegs me, exactly. | 我不认为我符合这样的形容 |
[19:07] | Oh, really? Waving a gun around my house, huh? | 哦 是吗 在我家里拿着枪乱挥 啊 |
[19:13] | Raving like a lunatic about some imaginary brick wall? | 像疯子一样乱叫说有道想像出来的砖墙 |
[19:20] | You’ve probably convinced yourself you’ve seen aliens. | 你大概以为你见过外星人 |
[19:26] | You know why you think you see the things you do? | 你知道为什么你认为你看到过那些东西吗 |
[19:32] | Because I have seen them? | 因为我确实见到过 |
[19:35] | ‘Cause you’re a lonely man. | 因为你很寂寞 |
[19:37] | A lonely man… | 寂寞的人 |
[19:40] | chasing paramasturbatory illusions… | 追求着异常自我陶醉下的幻想 |
[19:44] | that you believe will give your life | 你相信这些幻想能让你的生命 |
[19:47] | meaning and significance, | 更有意义 |
[19:48] | which your pathetic social maladjustment… | 而你可悲的社交观 |
[19:50] | makes impossible for you to find elsewhere. | 让你无法找到其他的方法 |
[19:55] | You probably consider yourself… | 你大概以为你自己是 |
[19:58] | passionate, serious, misunderstood, am I right? | 热情的 严谨的 是被人误解的人 我说的对不对 |
[20:04] | Paramasturbatory? | 异常的自我陶醉 |
[20:06] | Most people would rather stick their | 多数人会宁愿把手指头堵在漏水的墙壁裂缝里 |
[20:08] | fingers in a wall socket than spend a minute with you | 也不愿意跟你待在一起 |
[20:11] | All right, now, just back off for a second. | 好了 呃 退一步说吧 |
[20:14] | You spend every Christmas this way– alone? | 每年都这样一个人过圣诞节吗 |
[20:16] | I’m not alone. | 我不是一个人 |
[20:17] | More self-delusion. | 又在幻想了 |
[20:20] | No, I came here with my partner. | 没有 我是跟我的搭档一起来的 |
[20:22] | She’s somewhere in the house. | 她就在这房子里 |
[20:23] | Behind a brick wall? | 在砖墙后面 |
[20:26] | How’d you get her to come with you? Steal her car keys? | 你是怎么让她跟你一起进来的 偷她的车钥匙 |
[20:31] | You know why you do it– | 你知道为什么你会这么做 |
[20:33] | listen endlessly to her droning rationalizations. | 听她说一堆无聊的解释 |
[20:38] | ‘Cause you’re afraid. | 因为你害怕 |
[20:40] | Afraid of the loneliness. | 害怕寂寞 |
[20:44] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[20:51] | I’d just like to find my partner. | 我只想找到我的搭档 |
[20:54] | Good. Easy. | 很好 简单 |
[20:58] | Piece of cake. | 小菜一碟 |
[21:08] | Brick wall… | 有砖墙 |
[21:12] | or brick wall? | 砖墙呢 |
[21:15] | Go ahead, change your life. | 来吧 改变你的人生 |
[21:32] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[21:48] | – No! I won’t hurt you. – I’m a federal agent! I’m armed! | -不 我不会伤害你的 -我是联邦探员 我有武器 |
[21:52] | – You’re what? – I’m armed. I’m armed! | -你什么 -我有枪 我有枪 |
[21:55] | – You’re a federal agent? – Please, I’m a little on edge. | -你是联邦探员 -拜托 我有点要崩溃了 |
[21:59] | Don’t come any closer. | 别再靠近了 |
[22:00] | My name is Special Agent Dana Scully. | 我是特别探员黛娜·史考利 |
[22:02] | And, uh, I can– | 呃 我可以 |
[22:06] | – I can show you my I.D. – My goodness. | -我可以拿证件给你看 -我的老天 |
[22:10] | – I thought you were a ghost. – I can assure you that I’m not. | -我还以为你是鬼呢 -我可以跟你保证我不是 |
[22:14] | I got stuck in this room looking for my partner. | 我被困在这房间里 我要找我的搭挡 |
[22:16] | Oh, the gangly fellow with the distinguished profile. | 哦 那个高大英俊的年轻人 |
[22:20] | – You’ve seen him? – With you in the foyer. | -你见过他 -跟你一起在大厅 |
[22:22] | I thought he was a ghost too. | 我以为他也是鬼 |
[22:25] | Oh. That was you. | 噢 那是你 |
[22:28] | I sleepwalk sometimes. I thought maybe I’d dreamed it. | 我有时候会梦游 我以为可能在做梦 |
[22:31] | But then here you were again. | 但 你真的在这里 |
[22:33] | I am sorry. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. | 对不起 对不起 我不是故意要吓你 |
[22:37] | I, uh– | 我 呃 |
[22:39] | It’s just that we found bodies. | 只是我们发现了尸体 |
[22:41] | Bodies? Where? | 尸体 在哪里 |
[22:52] | You look like you saw a ghost. | 你看来好像见了鬼似的 |
[22:55] | There are ghosts in this house, you know. | 这屋子里有鬼 你知道的 |
[23:03] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[23:05] | I live here, thank you very much. | 我住在这里 非常感谢你 |
[23:08] | – Where’s my partner? – Why are you pointing that gun? | -我的搭挡在哪儿 -你为什么用枪指着我 |
[23:13] | There were corpses right there underneath the floor! | 地板下面有尸体 |
[23:21] | I think maybe the ghosts have been playing tricks on you. | 我想是鬼在跟你开玩笑 |
[23:23] | I don’t believe in ghosts. | 我不相信有鬼 |
[23:30] | Then what are you doing here? | 那你来这里要做什么 |
[23:33] | It’s my partner. | 是我的搭档 |
[23:37] | – He believes in ghosts? – Yeah. | -他相信有鬼 -是的 |
[23:41] | Oh, you poor child. | 噢 可怜的孩子 |
[23:43] | You must have an awful small life, | 你的生活一定很糟糕 |
[23:46] | spending your Christmas Eve with him… | 平安夜还要跟他一起 |
[23:49] | and running around chasing things | 到处追着你 |
[23:50] | you don’t even believe in. | 不相信的东西 |
[23:52] | Don’t come any closer. | 别再靠近了 |
[23:54] | I can see it in your face: the fear, | 我在你脸上看到了 恐惧 |
[23:57] | the conflicted yearnings, | 相互冲突的渴望 |
[23:59] | a subconscious desire to find fulfillment through another. | 看到了你潜意识里希望透过别人得到满足 |
[24:03] | Intimacy through codependency. | 希望能通过互相依赖得到亲密感 |
[24:06] | What? | 什么 |
[24:07] | Maybe you repress the truth about why you’re really here, | 可能你隐瞒了你真正到这里来的原因 |
[24:10] | pretending it’s out of duty or loyalty, | 假装是因为职责或是忠诚 |
[24:14] | unable to admit your dirty little secret. | 无法承认你心中肮脏的小秘密 |
[24:16] | Your only joy in life is proving him wrong. | 你生命中唯一的满足 就是要证明他是错的 |
[24:19] | You don’t know me. | 你又不认识我 |
[24:22] | And you don’t live here. This isn’t your house. | 你也不住在这里 这不是你的家 |
[24:25] | You wouldn’t think so, the way I’m being treated. | 你要是认识我 就不会这么想了 |
[24:27] | Well, then why is all the furniture covered? | 那为什么家俱上都盖上白布 |
[24:29] | We’re having the house painted | 我们在漆房子 |
[24:31] | – Where’s your Christmas tree? – We’reJewish. Boo! | -那圣诞树在哪里 -我是犹太人 噗 |
[24:36] | Hold it right there! Don’t make me shoot you! | 站在那儿 别逼我开枪 |
[24:39] | Just stay where you are! | 就站在那儿别动 |
[24:41] | We really attract them, don’t we? | 我们真的是很吸引他们 是不是 |
[24:45] | – Where’s Mulder? – Mulder? Is that his name? | -穆德呢 -穆德 这是他的名字 |
[24:47] | – Where is he? – He’ll be along. | -他在哪儿 -他想一个人呆会儿 |
[24:52] | Move over there. Both of you, move. | 到那边去 你们两个 |
[24:55] | Move over there. Move over there! | 到那边去 到那边去 |
[24:59] | This violates our civil rights. | 这侵害了我们的民权了 |
[25:02] | I have friends at the ACLU. | 我可有朋友在美国公民自由协会的 |
[25:05] | Put your hands up. | 举起手来 |
[25:43] | You see what we’ve resorted to? | 你看到我们的手段了吧 |
[25:45] | Gimmicks and cheap tricks. | 噱头和烂把戏 |
[25:48] | We used to be so good at this. | 我们以前很厉害的 |
[25:50] | We used to have years to drive them mad. | 我们以前有一整年的时间来整他们 |
[25:53] | Now we get one night. | 而现在只有一晚了 |
[25:54] | This pop psychology approach is crap. | 这种突发式的心理分析法真是垃圾 |
[25:56] | All it does is annoy them. | 只能惹他们生气 |
[25:58] | When’s the last time we actually haunted anyone? | 上次我们真正整到人是多久以前的事了 |
[26:00] | When was the last time we had a good double murder? | 我们上次造成真正的双尸命案是什么时候 |
[26:03] | Not since the house was condemned. | 自从这屋子没收之后就没有了 |
[26:05] | This is embarrassing. Amateur kid stuff. | 这真是难为情 业余的小孩玩意 |
[26:09] | Look, if we let our reputations slip, | 听着 如果我们的声誉就这样毁了 |
[26:11] | they’re going to take us off the tourist literature. | 他们会把我们从旅游手册上删除的 |
[26:14] | – Last year no one even showed up. – Oh– | -去年甚至没有半个人来 -噢 |
[26:16] | Of all days, why did you pick Christmas? | 一年那么多天 为什么你偏偏要选圣诞节 |
[26:19] | Why not Halloween? | 为什么不是万圣节 |
[26:21] | Now, who is filled with hopelessness and futility | 好了 是谁觉得万圣节 |
[26:23] | on Halloween? | 没有希望的 |
[26:26] | Christmas comes but once a year. | 圣诞节来了 一年只有一次 |
[26:29] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[26:32] | And these two do seem pretty miserable. | 这两个看起来蛮悲惨的 |
[26:36] | We need to show them just how lonely Christmas can be. | 我们应该让他们知道圣诞节可以有多寂寞 |
[26:42] | Now that’s the old Yuletide spirit. | 这才是真正的圣诞真意嘛 |
[27:15] | – Are you Agent Mulder? – Who are you, now? | -你是穆德探员 -你又是谁 |
[27:19] | What are you doing using my chair for a ladder? | 你为什么拿我的椅子当梯子 |
[27:22] | – I’m trying to get out of this room. – Trying to get out? | -我想要离开这间屋子 -想离开 |
[27:25] | – Excuse me. – No, no. You can’t get out that way. | -借过 -不 不行 你不可以这样出去 |
[27:38] | – Masher. – Frump. | -色狼 -老女人 |
[27:43] | I don’t know who you’re calling a frump, | 我不知道你叫谁老女人 |
[27:45] | but I don’t appreciate that | 不过我并不欣赏 |
[27:47] | being manhandled or called names. | 被人用力推或是骂 |
[27:49] | – Certainly not at this hour. – You’re a ghost. | -特别是在这时候 -你是鬼 |
[27:53] | More names! | 还有呢 |
[27:58] | What happened to the star-crossed lovers? | 那对不幸的情侣怎么样了 |
[28:00] | Let me tell you, the romance is the first thing to go. | 噢 我告诉你 浪漫在这里是第一位的 |
[28:04] | It’s you. | 是你 |
[28:08] | You’re Lyda, and that was Maurice. | 你是莱妲 那他就是摩瑞斯 |
[28:11] | But you’ve… aged. | 可是你变老了 |
[28:13] | I hope your partner finds you a lot more charming than I do. | 我希望你的搭档比我更觉得你有魅力 |
[28:23] | Let’s see. Where is it? | 让我看看 在哪里 |
[28:26] | No, no, no, no, no, no, | 不是 不是 不是 不是 |
[28:29] | no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, | 不是 不是 不是 不是 |
[28:32] | no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不是 不是 不是 不是 |
[28:36] | There it is. | 啊 在这儿 |
[28:42] | I was young and beautiful once, just like your partner. | 我也曾经是年轻貌美的 就像你的搭档一样 |
[28:54] | Look at us. Maurice was so handsome. | 看看我们 摩瑞斯以前好帅 |
[29:01] | He didn’t have a gut. | 他很胆小 |
[29:07] | I hope you’re not expecting any great advantages to all this. | 我希望你对这件事没有报任何的期待 |
[29:11] | To all what? | 对于什么 |
[29:13] | I’m assuming you came here with similar misconceptions. | 我认为你们到这儿来是存有误解的 |
[29:16] | – We came here looking for you. – Oh,yeah? | -我们是来找你们的 -噢 是吗 |
[29:18] | You didn’t come here to be together for eternity? | 你们来这儿不是为了要永世相守吗 |
[29:21] | No. | 不是 |
[29:24] | Because you’re filled | 因为你觉得 |
[29:25] | with despair and woeful Christmas melancholy | 圣诞节很沮丧很不开心 |
[29:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:29] | Maybe it was your partner, then. | 那就可能是你的搭档 |
[29:33] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[29:35] | – You knew this house was haunted. – Yeah. | -你知道这房子闹鬼 -是的 |
[29:38] | Maybe you two should’ve discussed | 你们俩进来之前 |
[29:40] | your real feelings before you came out here | 也许应该先讨论一下你们彼此真正的感觉 |
[29:42] | I’m speaking from experience. | 我这可是经验之谈 |
[29:45] | – What experience? – I’m not gonna get into semantics. | -什么经验 -我不要讨论什么字意 |
[29:49] | A murder-suicide is all about trust. | 谋杀和自杀全都是关于信任的问题 |
[29:51] | I thought you had a lovers’ pact. | 我以为你们是殉情的 |
[29:54] | Poetic illusions aside, the outcome, | 那是浪漫的说法 而结局 |
[29:56] | Mulder,is pretty much the same | 穆德 是差不多一样的 |
[29:58] | Ohh! | 噢 |
[30:01] | I don’t show my hole to just anyone. | 不是每个人都看得到我的弹孔的 |
[30:03] | Why are you showing it to me | -那你干嘛要让我看 |
[30:05] | It isn’t like you’re gonna be eating any Christmas ham, is it? | 你又没有要吃什么圣诞火腿 是吧 |
[30:10] | Oh, you’re trying to tell me that Scully’s going to shoot me. | 哦 你是想说史考利要杀我 |
[30:13] | Scully is not going to shoot me. | 史考利是不会杀我的 |
[30:15] | Suit yourself, but if you shoot first, | 自以为是 不过如果你先开枪 |
[30:18] | for her, the rest is an act of faith. | 对她来说 剩下的就是信不信任的问题了 |
[30:20] | I wouldn’t shoot her. | 我不会杀她的 |
[30:21] | -Maybe she shoots herself -I woulden’t let her. | -也许她自杀 -我不会让她自杀 |
[30:26] | The bodies under the floor, | 地板下的那两具尸体 |
[30:28] | maybe that was just some kind of Jungian symbolism. | 可能是某种心理学的象征 |
[30:33] | Or maybe there’s a secret lovers’ pact. | 又或许 这是另一起秘密的殉情 |
[30:36] | We’re not lovers. | 我们不是情侣 |
[30:39] | And this isn’t a pure science. | 反正这也不是纯正的科学研究 |
[30:42] | But you’re both so attractive, | 可是你们俩看起来都那么迷人 |
[30:46] | and there’ll be a lot of time to work that out. | 以后还有很多时间可以搞清楚 |
[30:49] | Go ahead, take it. | 来吧 拿着 |
[30:51] | Take it. | 拿着 |
[30:55] | Think of it as the last Christmas you’ll ever spend alone. | 想想这将是你最后一个自己度过的圣诞节 |
[31:37] | I locked it. | 我把门锁了 |
[31:41] | – For your protection. – Stay away from me. | -为了你的安全着想 -离我远一点 |
[31:45] | Look, I want you to get me out of here. | 听好 我要你帮我离开这里 |
[31:47] | I am quite capable of pulling this trigger. | 我是有能力扣下这个板机的 |
[31:50] | Glad to hear it. You may well have to defend yourself… | 很高兴听到你这么说 你也许不得不保护自己 |
[31:53] | against that crazy partner of yours. | 不受那个疯子搭档的伤害 |
[31:56] | What have you done with him? | 你对他做了什么 |
[31:58] | Kept him safe from his own mad devices, at least for now. | 保护他不被自己的枪伤到 至少现在是这样 |
[32:01] | Do you have any idea why he brought you here | 你知道他为什么带你 |
[32:04] | to this house? | 来这儿吗 |
[32:06] | Look, all I know is this is | 听着 我只知道 |
[32:07] | just some bad dream This is all in my head | 这是一个恶梦 这全是我脑子里的幻觉 |
[32:10] | Yet here you are waving a gun at me, like your partner. | 但你还在这里拿枪指着我乱挥 就跟你搭档一样 |
[32:13] | Scully! | 史考利 |
[32:17] | Do you realize how seriously disturbed that man is? | 你知道这个男人有多严重的困扰吗 |
[32:22] | How dark and lonely? | 他有多阴险 多寂寞 |
[32:24] | – What he’s capable of? – Scully! | -你知道他会做什么吗 -史考利 |
[32:28] | – Mulder! – Want your car keys? | -穆德 -想要你的车钥匙吗 |
[32:34] | – Where did you get those? | -你在哪里拿的 |
[32:36] | He’s got nowhere to go this Christmas | 他圣诞节没有别的地方可去 |
[32:39] | No one to go with. | 也没人跟他一起去 |
[32:42] | Did he happen to mention a story about a lovers’ pact? | 他是不是刚巧跟你说起过一个殉情的故事呢 |
[32:47] | Where did you get those keys? | 你在哪里找到我的钥匙的 |
[32:49] | The man is acting out an unconscious yearning. | 这个人正在实现他潜意识里的愿望 |
[32:52] | The deep-seated terror of being alone. | 他太害怕独自一个人了 |
[32:58] | Scully! | 史考利 |
[33:02] | – Scully, are you there? – I’m here, Mulder! | -史考利 你在里面吗 -我在这儿 穆德 |
[33:04] | Open the door, Scully! | 开门 史考利 |
[33:09] | Open the door. | 开门 |
[33:25] | I’ve seen it happen too many times in this house. | 我看过这种事发生过太多次了 在这间屋子里 |
[33:29] | I don’t believe you. Just open the door. | 我不相信 把门打开 |
[33:34] | Open the door! | 开门 |
[33:46] | – Where’s Scully? – Mulder. | -史考利在哪儿 -穆德 |
[33:57] | Mulder, what are you doing? | 穆德 你在做什么 |
[34:01] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[34:04] | There’s no getting out of here, Scully. | 我们出不去了 史考利 |
[34:06] | There’s no way home. | 没有路可以回去了 |
[34:09] | Mulder, come on. | 穆德 别这样 |
[34:11] | Mulder, don’t come any closer. You’re scaring me. | 穆德 别再靠过来了 你吓到我了 |
[34:14] | – Put the gun down! – You gonna shoot me? | -把枪放下 -你要向我开枪吗 |
[34:17] | I’m not gonna shoot you! I don’t want to shoot you! | 我不会向你开枪 我也不想对你开枪 |
[34:20] | It’s me or you. You or me. One of us has to do it. | 不是我 就是你 我们必须有一个要下手 |
[34:25] | Mulder, look, we don’t have to do this. | 穆德 听着 我们不必要这么做 |
[34:28] | – Oh,yes, we do! – We can get out of here. | -噢 要 我们要做 -我们可以出得去的 |
[34:30] | Even if we could, what’s waiting for us? | 就算我们真出去了 那又能怎么样 |
[34:33] | More loneliness! | 只会有更多的寂寞 |
[34:35] | And then 365 more shopping days | 然后是三百六十五个购物日 |
[34:37] | till even more loneliness! | 再来又是更多寂寞 |
[34:38] | I don’t believe what you’re saying. | 我不相信你说的 穆德 |
[34:41] | I don’t believe a word of it. | 我半个字都不相信 |
[35:25] | Merry Christmas, Scully. | 圣诞快乐 史考利 |
[35:35] | And a happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[35:41] | Let me go! | 放开我 |
[35:43] | – Let me go! – Come on back! | -放开我 -给我过来 |
[35:46] | Let me go! | 放开我 |
[35:51] | Let me go! | 放开我 |
[35:52] | Scully! | 史考利 |
[36:00] | Hey, Scully. | 嘿 史考利 |
[36:03] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[36:05] | Is that you? | 是你吗 |
[36:09] | – What did you do? – I didn’t believe it, Mulder. | -你做了什么 -我不相信 穆德 |
[36:13] | You didn’t believe what? | 你不相信什么 |
[36:16] | I didn’t believe that you’d do it. | 我不相信你真这么做了 |
[36:19] | That I would– | 我可以 |
[36:24] | Merry Christmas, Mulder. | 圣诞快乐 穆德 |
[36:26] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[36:37] | Scu– Scul– | 史卡 |
[37:56] | Scully? | 史考利 |
[38:09] | Scully! | 史考利 |
[38:24] | I’m not gonna make it. | 啊 我做不到 |
[38:29] | No, you’re not. | 是的 你是不能 |
[38:31] | Not without me, you’re not. | 没有我的话 你没办法下手 |
[38:33] | Are you afraid, Mulder? | 你害怕吗 穆德 |
[38:43] | I am. | 我怕 |
[38:47] | I am too. | 我也怕 |
[38:59] | You should have thought of this. | 你早该想到会有这样的结果 |
[39:01] | – You should have. – You shot me first! | -你该想到的 -你先对我开枪的 |
[39:04] | I didn’t shoot you. You shot me. | 我没开枪 是你射我的 |
[39:21] | Scully. | 史考利 |
[39:23] | What? | 什么 |
[39:30] | Get up. | 站起来 |
[39:32] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[39:34] | Get up. You’re not shot. | 起来 你没有中弹 |
[39:38] | What? | 什么 |
[39:40] | Come on. It’s a trick. It’s all in your head. | 好了 这是个骗局 全都是幻像 |
[40:22] | You hear that? It’s Christmas. | 你听到了吗 是圣诞节了 |
[40:26] | One for the books. | 书里的圣诞节 |
[40:28] | We almost had those two, didn’t we? | 我们差一点骗到他们了 是不是 |
[40:31] | Almost had ’em. | 差一点点 |
[40:34] | Two such lonely souls. | 两个寂寞的人呀 |
[40:36] | Can’t let our failures haunt us. | 我们不能让失败击倒 |
[40:40] | You wonder what they were really out here looking for. | 你知道他们到底为什么要来这儿吗 |
[40:43] | Hard to say. People now, | 很难说 现在的人呀 |
[40:47] | this is just another joyless day of the year. | 这只是另一个不快乐的日子而已 |
[40:51] | – Not for us. – No. | -但我们不是 -是的 |
[40:54] | We haven’t forgotten the meaning of Christmas. | 我们还没有忘记圣诞节的意义 |
[41:14] | I don’t deserve to be so happy | 我不值得这么开心 |
[41:19] | I can’t help it | 我没办法不笑 |
[41:24] | I just can’t help it | 只是没办法不笑 |
[41:27] | Scrooge was better than his word | 守财奴不像说的那样 |
[41:30] | He became as good a friend as good a master | 他成了好朋友 好大师 |
[41:33] | and as good a man as the good old city ever knew | 和人还有老城市一样好 |
[41:36] | or any other good old city | 比任何老城市 |
[41:37] | town or borough in the good old world | 任何旧时代的小镇小区都好 |
[41:39] | And to Tiny Tim– | 对于小提姆 |
[41:50] | I, uh– I couldn’t sleep. | 我 呃 我睡不着 |
[41:53] | I was, um– | 我 呃 |
[41:56] | – Can I come in? – Yeah. | -我能进去吗 -当然 |
[41:59] | Aren’t you supposed to | 你不是应该跟 |
[42:01] | be opening Christmas gifts with your family | 你家人一起拆圣诞礼物的吗 |
[42:02] | Mulder, | 穆德 |
[42:05] | none of that really happened out there tonight. | 今晚上没有真的发生什么事情吧 |
[42:08] | That was all in our heads, right? | 全都是幻象 对不对 |
[42:13] | It must have been. | 呃 应该是吧 |
[42:21] | Not that my only joy in life is proving you wrong. | 不是说 我生命中的乐趣就是要证明你是错的 |
[42:25] | When have you proved me wrong? | 你什么时候证明我错了 |
[42:32] | Well, why else would you want me out there with you? | 那 你为什么要跟我一起去 |
[42:35] | You didn’t want to be there? | 你不想去吗 |
[42:39] | Oh, that’s, um, | 哦 那是 嗯 |
[42:42] | self-righteous and… | 一种很自大 |
[42:45] | narcissistic of me to say, isn’t it? | 很自恋的说法 是吗 |
[42:48] | No, I mean, | 不 我是说 |
[42:50] | maybe I did want to be out there with you. | 也许我是想跟你一起去的 |
[42:58] | You know, | 你知道 |
[43:01] | I know we said that we weren’t going to exchange gifts, | 我知道我们说过不交换礼物的 |
[43:04] | but, uh, | 但是 呃 |
[43:07] | I got you a little something. | 我有一个小东西要给你 |
[43:12] | – Mulder. – Merry Christmas. | -穆德 -圣诞快乐 |
[43:16] | Well, I got you a little something too. | 我也有东西要给你 |