时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[04:05] | Just a routine background check. | 这只是例行的背景调查 |
[04:07] | To the best of your knowledge, | 就你所知 |
[04:09] | has Mr. Wisnowski ever used any illegal drugs? | 威斯诺斯基先生是否曾经有过滥用药物的问题 |
[04:12] | Which illegal drugs? | 哪种非法药物 |
[04:14] | Yeah, in the time that you worked with Ms. Ermentrout, | 对 当时跟你埃蒙翠特小姐一起工作 |
[04:18] | did you find her to be a trustworthy person? | 你认为她是那种值得信赖的人吗 |
[04:24] | Punctual, huh? Punctual is good. | 守时 喔 守时是件好事 |
[04:27] | No, no, ma’am. | 不 不 女士 |
[04:30] | This is just a routine background check. Mister– | 这只是个例行的背景调查 |
[04:33] | Mr. Garber is not in any legal trouble whatsoever. | 加伯先生并没有遇到什么麻烦 |
[04:37] | Yeah. Okay. Thanks for your time. | 是 好的 谢谢您抽出空来 |
[04:42] | Hey, Scully, if we get lucky, | 嘿 史考利 幸运的话 |
[04:43] | next time they’ll let us clean toilet bowls. | 说不定下一次他们会让我们去洗马桶 |
[04:46] | – You ready to quit? – No. | -你打算辞职吗 -不 |
[04:48] | That would make way too many people way too happy. | 那样会让太多的人开心了 |
[04:54] | Scully. | 我是史考利 |
[04:57] | I’m on my way. | 我这就来 |
[05:02] | I’ve been called into Kersh’s office.Just me. | 克许让我去他的办公室一趟 只有我 |
[05:06] | Just you? | 只有你 |
[05:10] | Don’t forget your toilet brush. | 别忘了带上你的马桶刷 |
[05:12] | No. No, ma’am, not you. | 不 不 女士 不是说你 |
[05:21] | – Agent. – Sir. | -探员 -长官 |
[05:25] | Dana Scully, this is Agent | 这是黛娜·史考利 |
[05:27] | Peyton Ritter with the bureau’s New York office. | 这是来自纽约办事处的派顿·瑞特探员 |
[05:30] | – Agent Ritter. – Hi. | -瑞特探员 -你好 |
[05:33] | Show her what you have. | 把你的材料给她看看 |
[05:35] | Our office is currently updating its case filing system. | 我们的办事处现在正在更新案件登录系统 |
[05:39] | While I was involved in this project– | 而我正好负责这个计划里的一小部分 |
[05:41] | scanning old crime scene photographs into the computer– | 把一些老旧的犯罪现场照片扫描到电脑里 |
[05:43] | I came across this. | 然后我发现了这个 |
[05:50] | ” Margareta Stoller, age 57, | “玛格丽特·斯多勒 57岁 |
[05:52] | cause of death, an overdose of Nitraz.” | 死因 服用过量硝酸银 “ |
[05:57] | Look at when they found her. | 看看他们是什么时候发现她的 |
[05:59] | -A neighbor called the police at 11:14 p.M. | “有一位邻居在晚上11:14分打电话报案 “ |
[06:02] | Right. So what’s wrong with that picture? | 是的 那么这张照片有什么不对劲吗 |
[06:09] | Clock says it is 45 minutes earlier. | 闹钟的时间整整早了四十五分钟 |
[06:12] | Well, a clock can be wrong. | 闹钟可能不准 |
[06:14] | They certainly can, | 当然有这种可能 |
[06:15] | so I checked the Post from the following day. | 所以我去查了接下来几天的报案资料 |
[06:17] | These are straight from their photo files. | 他们的照片有点奇怪 |
[06:22] | Hmm. Almost an hour and a half later. | 嗯 几乎晚了一个半小时 |
[06:25] | Right. Two different negatives, same photographer. | 是的 两张不同的底片 是同一个人拍的 |
[06:30] | The guy’s name is Alfred Fellig. | 这家伙叫做阿尔福瑞德·菲林格 |
[06:31] | He’s rattled around Manhattan for years. | 他近几年在曼哈顿挺出名的 |
[06:32] | Apparently a stringer for the wire services, | 表面上是有线电台的特约记者 |
[06:35] | an on-call guy for N. Y.P.D. | 是个被纽约警局随传随到的家伙 |
[06:37] | And you suspect this man Fellig? | 你在怀疑这个菲林格 |
[06:39] | You think that Mrs. Stoller wasn’t a suicide? | 你认为斯多勒女士不是自杀的 |
[06:42] | Well, this guy’s into taking pictures, right? | 这家伙不是照这些照片的吗 |
[06:46] | So I’m thinking, what if– what if he poisons this woman… | 所以我想 如果 如果他对这个女的下毒 |
[06:50] | and gets his jollies by snapping a few of her dead body, | 并且从她的身上抢走一些珠宝之类的东西 |
[06:53] | then winds up back in the same apartment an hour later… | 一个小时后接到中城北区的呼叫 请他来拍照片 |
[06:56] | after Midtown North calls him over to do the job? | 于是他再火速地赶到这栋公寓来 |
[06:59] | That’s quite a theory. | 这听起来挺有道理的 |
[07:01] | Yeah, well, the thing is, | 而且 |
[07:03] | he might have done it on more than one occasion. | 他可能不止做过一次这样的事情 |
[07:05] | Now, I sifted through probably 2,000 of his police photos. | 我翻阅了大概2000张他替警局拍的照片 |
[07:09] | Now, these three have measurable solar shadows. | 这里有三张照片拍下了太阳投下的影子 |
[07:11] | Since we know the location– | 既然我们知道事发地点 |
[07:13] | You can tell the time of day by the shadows. | 你就可以通过这些影子来判断时间 |
[07:15] | Right. And with it, | 没错 这样看来 |
[07:17] | these three are looking every bit as hinky. | 这三张照片都有点不对劲 |
[07:20] | You’ve got another suicide here, a heart attack… | 这是是另一起自杀案 一起心脏病发 |
[07:22] | and a very obvious murder for which another man | 还有一起是已经盖棺定案的 |
[07:25] | was convicted. | 谋凶案 |
[07:26] | There’s no consistent M.O. | 这三起并没有什么直接联系 |
[07:28] | There’s no consistent anything. | 是没有任何的关联 |
[07:32] | I could sure use your help. | 所以所需要你的帮助 |
[07:38] | – Agent, step outside, please. – Sure. | -探员 麻烦你先到外面去 -是的 |
[07:51] | I would say he has a promising career ahead of him. | 我会说他有一个光明的前途 |
[07:53] | So did you… at one time. | 你也有 曾经有过 |
[08:00] | With your expertise in forensic pathology, | 以你在病理学上的造诣 |
[08:02] | you would be a substantial asset to this investigation. | 你会对这次的调查很有帮助的 |
[08:05] | I know it’d provide more | 我想这会比 |
[08:06] | challenge to you than running background checks. | 你做的背景调查工作更富有挑战性的 |
[08:08] | Agent Mulder and I will begin immediately. | 穆德探员和我会立即着手调查 |
[08:10] | Agent Mulder’s a lost cause. | 穆德探员是失败的根源 |
[08:12] | I’m taking the chance you’re not. | 我在给你机会证明你跟他不一样 |
[08:14] | It’s you and Ritter. Do not let me down. | 只有你和瑞特 不要让我失望 |
[09:50] | – Mulder. – Hmm? | -穆德 -嗯 |
[09:56] | – What are you doing? – Being nosy. | -你在做什么 -管闲事 |
[09:59] | Eating my heart out. They’re sending you on an X-File. | 天啊 杀了我吧 他们给了你一件X档案 |
[10:01] | – It’s not an X-File. – That’s not what I’m reading. | -这不是X档案 -这跟我读到的可不一样 |
[10:04] | I’m thinking murder by telekinesis, | 我想这可能是利用心灵感应来杀人 |
[10:06] | maybe a shamanistic death touch. | 或是利用了巫术的死亡之触 |
[10:08] | I’m thinking about the Muslim superstition… | 这还使我想到回教的迷信 |
[10:10] | that to photograph someone is to steal their soul. | 他们相信照片可以吸走人的灵魂 |
[10:12] | Thank you. All very helpful. | 谢谢 这会很有用的 |
[10:16] | So they’re splitting us up, huh? | 他们打算拆散我们 是吗 |
[10:18] | No. This is a onetime thing. -Who told you that? | -不 这只是偶发事件 -谁跟你说的 |
[10:22] | Obviously, if you do a good job, | 很明显 如果你做得好 |
[10:24] | they’re not going to stick you back here. | 他们就不会再把你弄回这里来了 |
[10:28] | Right? | 没错吧 |
[10:36] | Agent Scully, we’re all set. | 史考利探员 我们都准备好了 |
[10:38] | Peyton Ritter, this is Fox Mulder. | 派顿·瑞特 这是福克斯·穆德 |
[10:40] | It’s a pleasure to meet you,Fox. | 很高兴认识你 福克斯 |
[10:41] | Pleasure to meet you, Peyton. | 很高兴认识你 派顿 |
[10:45] | – We should get going. – Off to New York. | -我们应该出发了 -到纽约去 |
[10:58] | Alfred Fellig. What can you tell us about him? | 阿尔福瑞德·菲林格 你能告诉我们有关他的情况吗 |
[11:03] | What’s to tell? He’s one of about 1 0,000 people in town… | 说些什么 他是这里10000名市民中 |
[11:06] | who have an official license to piss people off. | 少数有执照去惹毛别人的家伙 |
[11:08] | He sometimes doubles as a | 他有时候 |
[11:09] | crime scene photographer for your precinct. | 也在你们管区充当犯罪现场的摄影师 |
[11:11] | Yeah, he comes in, snaps a picture. Keeps to himself. | 是的 他过来 拍几张照片 自己保存 |
[11:15] | There’s not much in the way of personal information there. | 这里没有太多关于他个人情况的资料吗 |
[11:18] | There’s not supposed to be. It’s just a yearly renewal form. | 那不应该会有什么个人资料 那只是年度性更新的表格而已 |
[11:21] | Would you happen to know | 你是否知道 |
[11:22] | when the original background check was done? | 原始的背景资料是什么时候完成的 |
[11:27] | Here he is again. | 又是他 |
[11:28] | Yearly renewal dating back toJanuary 1970, | 已经是1970年1月的年度更新表格了 |
[11:31] | but still no original. | 但还不是原始资料 |
[11:33] | I think I’ve got it. | 我想我找到了 |
[11:36] | 1964. | 1964年 |
[11:39] | Whew. Old-timer. | 喔 老古董了 |
[11:41] | – Anything interesting? – Maybe. | -发现什么没有 -也许有 |
[12:00] | – What you doing? – Take a look at this. | -你在干什么 -过来看看这个 |
[12:19] | Guy’s a regular Dick Clark. | 这家伙还真是个老古董 |
[12:22] | I don’t know what to tell you, Dana. | 我不知道应该如何解释 黛娜 |
[12:24] | Other than the fact that this guy’s always been a geezer, | 这些只能说明他一直是个怪老头 |
[12:27] | this is looking like a dead end. | 看来这是个死胡同了 |
[12:34] | Help! Help! | 救命 救命 |
[12:36] | Somebody call the police! | 打个电话报警吧 |
[12:38] | Man, what do you want from me? Are you crazy? | 老兄 你想要做什么 你疯了吗 |
[12:41] | Please! Please help me! Please! | 求你了 求你救救我 求你了 |
[12:43] | Come on, lady! Please help me! | 女士 救我 |
[12:49] | Man, what do you want from me, man? No! | 老兄 你想从我这儿得到什么 老兄 不 |
[12:51] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[14:37] | Prints are Alfred Fellig’s. | 指纹是阿尔福瑞德·菲林格的 |
[14:40] | Positive match, right off his 1 964 background check. | 跟他1964年的背景调查资料相符 |
[14:44] | I took the liberty of slipping them into the SAFIS database. | 我拿去跟SAFIS数据库做了交叉比对 |
[14:46] | First thing this morning, boom! Up they came. | 今天一大早 蹦 结果就出来了 |
[14:49] | – You’re thinking this is Fellig’s work? – It’s a lock. | -你认为这是菲林格的杰作 -肯定是 |
[14:53] | The wound measurements match with the knife. | 伤口跟凶器吻合 |
[14:55] | He got sloppy in his old age. | 这回他可是晚节不保了 |
[14:56] | – What’s this? – A whole lot of blood. | -这是什么 -一大滩血 |
[14:59] | Yeah, I got that. | 是的 我知道 |
[15:03] | It’s pretty clear he took a second victim. | 很明显还有另外一个受害者 |
[15:05] | Where’s the second body? | 另外一具尸体在哪儿 |
[15:08] | – They found your boy. – Fellig? Where? | -他们找到你要找的人了 -菲林格 在哪儿 |
[15:10] | Home, watching TV. They’re bringing him in now. | 在家看电视 他们正把他带过来 |
[15:12] | Yes! | 好极了 |
[15:16] | Check. Check. January 4, 1 1 :36 a.M. | 试音 试音 1月4日上午11:36分 |
[15:20] | 1 5th Precinct, Manhattan. | 曼哈顿第十五街区 |
[15:23] | Agents present: Dana Scully and Peyton Ritter. | 在场探员:黛娜·史考利和派顿·瑞特 |
[15:26] | Initial interview with… | 第一次提审 |
[15:29] | Alfred Fellig. | 阿尔福瑞德·菲林格 |
[15:42] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:46] | You’re a photographer. | 你是摄影师 |
[15:50] | I’ve seen some of your work. | 我看过你的一些作品 |
[15:52] | You specialize in some pretty dark subject matter. | 你特别偏爱一些阴暗晦涩的主题 |
[15:56] | You’re around death a lot. It must fascinate you. | 你总是围绕在死亡周围 这一定很吸引你 |
[16:03] | Am I boring you, Mr. Fellig? | 我让你感到无聊吗 菲林格先生 |
[16:06] | Ask me a question already. | 这算是第一个问题吗 |
[16:08] | All right. I want to know how you always happen to be… | 好吧 我想知道为什么你总能碰巧 |
[16:12] | Johnny-on-the-spot every time somebody dies. | 在有些人要死的时候出现在那里 |
[16:15] | You’re always there to take the picture. | 你总是在那里拍照 |
[16:17] | How does that happen? | 这是怎么回事 |
[16:18] | I have a– a nose for news. | 我对新闻有敏锐的洞察力 |
[16:22] | Mr. Fellig, your fingerprints were found… | 菲林格先生 你的指纹出现在 |
[16:25] | on a murder weapon at a crime scene. | 犯罪现场的凶器上 |
[16:28] | Could you give us a full | 你能告诉我们 |
[16:29] | accounting of your activities last night? | 你昨晚上完整的行踪吗 |
[16:32] | The Bronx. I was on the job. | 我在布朗克斯区 我在工作 |
[16:35] | Saw some gibbon’ stealing a kid’s tennis shoes. | 我看到一个长臂猿一样的人抢了一个孩子的运动鞋 |
[16:40] | He chased me. | 他追上我 |
[16:41] | – Ran off. – He ran off? | -然后跑了 -他跑掉了 |
[16:45] | – Some unidentified murderer. – I guess I could identify him. | -一个无法指认身份的杀人犯 -我想我可以指认他 |
[16:49] | Your fingerprints were found on the knife. | 你的指纹印在那把刀上 |
[16:53] | How did they get there? | 这该怎么解释 |
[17:00] | He left the knife behind. | 他留下了那把刀 |
[17:02] | I guess I touched it… briefly. | 我想我碰到刀了 就一下 |
[17:05] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[17:11] | Were you injured, Mr. Fellig? | 你受伤了吗 菲林格先生 |
[17:15] | You seem to be in pain. | 你看起来很痛苦 |
[17:19] | Were you attacked? | 你遭到袭击了吗 |
[17:22] | We found other blood at the crime scene, | 我们在现场发现了另外的血迹 |
[17:25] | and when we have it tested, | 我们正在测试 |
[17:27] | I’m wondering if we’re going to learn that it’s yours. | 我怀疑我们是不是会发现那是属于你的 |
[17:31] | – I got cut some. – May we see? | -我是受了伤 -我们能看一下吗 |
[17:43] | May I help you? | 要我帮忙吗 |
[17:58] | Hey. Hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[18:02] | Take Mr. Fellig to get his blood drawn. | 带菲林格先生去验血 |
[18:05] | And photograph his back too. | 再给背部拍几张照片 |
[18:16] | Hey, I’m confused. | 嘿 我有点迷糊了 |
[18:17] | I thought we were trying to bust this guy, | 我还以为我们是要想办法逮捕这家伙 |
[18:19] | not look for reasons to let him go. | 而不是要找个原因放他离开的 |
[18:21] | I thought we were looking for the truth. | 我认为我们是在寻找真相 |
[18:33] | – Scully. – Hi. My name is Fox Mulder. | -我是史考利 -嗨 我叫福克斯·穆德 |
[18:36] | We used to sit next to each other at the F.B.I. | 我们以前在FBI的时候坐在隔壁 |
[18:40] | – How’s your X-File coming? – Mulder, it’s not– | -你的X档案进展如何 -穆德 这不是 |
[18:48] | We haven’t made much headway. | 我们还没有什么进展 |
[18:50] | We arrested Alfred Fellig, | 我们逮捕了阿尔福瑞德·菲林格 |
[18:52] | and we just released him. | 刚刚又把他放了 |
[18:54] | You can’t hold him? What about the stabbing? | 你不能扣住他吗 那些刺伤怎么样了 |
[18:56] | – How do you know about that? – I told you, | -你怎么知道这些 -我说过 |
[18:58] | I’m nosy. Why are you letting him go? | 我爱管闲事的 你为什么放他走 |
[19:00] | We were able to pull another set of prints off of the knife. | 我们找到了刀上的另一组指纹 |
[19:03] | They belong to a convicted | 是属于一个叫做 |
[19:04] | murderer by the name of Malcolm Wiggins. | 麦尔肯·维根的杀人犯的 |
[19:07] | That and the fact that Fellig’s | 指纹和现场 |
[19:08] | blood was found all over the crime scene… | 发现的菲林格的血迹 |
[19:11] | tells me that his story checks out. | 证实了他所说的故事 |
[19:13] | At least that particular story anyway. | 至少说明一部分是事实 |
[19:16] | But you still think Fellig’s a murderer, huh? | 但是你仍然认为菲林格是凶手 |
[19:19] | I don’t know what to think. | 我不知道要怎么解释 |
[19:24] | He’s, uh, unusual. | 他 呃 很不寻常 |
[19:30] | As in he plugs up like a cork when you stab him? | 你刺他的时候 就像在拨软木塞 |
[19:34] | Where are you getting this stuff? | 穆德 你是从哪里知道这些的 |
[19:35] | Well, young man Ritter… | 喔 那个叫瑞特的年轻人 |
[19:37] | has been sending progress reports to Kersh. | 一直在向克许递交进展报告 |
[19:39] | My computer may have inadvertently intercepted | 我的电脑刚好拦截到其中的 |
[19:41] | a few of those. | 一小部分 |
[19:42] | He’s got nice things to say about you, though, mostly. | 他还帮你说了不少好话 大部分是好话 |
[19:48] | Why don’t you let me do a | 你为什么不让我顺便 |
[19:49] | little background check on Fellig for you? | 帮你对菲林格做点背景调查 |
[19:51] | – Mulder– – Come on. | -穆德 -别客气 |
[19:52] | It’s what I do now. I’m getting good at it. | 这正是我在做的 我对这工作渐渐开始在行了 |
[20:21] | I’m parked around the block. | 我把车停在附近的街口了 |
[20:26] | Fellig’s asleep. I haven’t seen him move in over four hours. | 菲林格睡着了 我已经四个小时没有看到半点动静了 |
[20:32] | Have a lovely evening. | 祝你晚上过得愉快 |
[21:18] | Mr. Fellig, open up, please! | 菲林格先生 请开门 |
[21:23] | Explain this. | 解释这个 |
[21:26] | What? | 什么 |
[21:27] | You took that photo an hour before police arrived. | 你在警察赶到之前一个小时就拍了照片 |
[21:30] | You then purposely covered | 之后你又返回现场重拍 |
[21:31] | up that fact by photographing the scene again. | 借此故意替自己掩饰 |
[21:34] | I don’t think I remember that one. | 我不记得这张了 |
[21:36] | You have, Mr. Fellig, | 你记得 菲林格先生 |
[21:38] | a long and uncanny history of | 长期以来 |
[21:39] | being the first person at the scene of a death. | 你总是不可思议地第一个出现在死亡现场 |
[21:42] | You also have a history of covering up that fact. Why? | 你还在不断地掩饰这个事实 为什么 |
[21:46] | Am I under arrest again? | 我又一次被捕了吗 |
[21:49] | Are you a murderer? | 你是凶手吗 |
[21:52] | Well, then explain yourself, sir. | 那么 解释一下 先生 |
[21:54] | Because I promise you, until you do, | 如果你无法解释 那么我保证 |
[21:56] | you will not get a moment’s peace. | 你不会再有一刻安宁 |
[22:06] | You want to take a ride with me? | 想跟我去兜个风吗 |
[22:10] | You come with me. I’ll show you. | 你跟我来 我证明给你看 |
[22:22] | It’s been an hour. Are we going to drive around all night? | 已经一个小时了 你打算就这样转一整晚吗 |
[22:26] | Yeah. This is it. | 没错 就是这样 |
[22:28] | This is what I do. Looking for the shot. | 我就是这样寻找拍摄对象的 |
[22:34] | – What shot? – The shot. | -拍什么 -拍那些 |
[22:46] | Her. | 她 |
[22:48] | She’s about to die. | 她快要死了 |
[22:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[22:55] | It could happen in the next minute, in the next hour. | 可能就在一分钟后发生 也可能是在一个小时后 |
[22:58] | But it’ll happen. It’s as plain as day. | 但注定会发生 就跟平常一样 |
[23:03] | Look, Mister– | 听着 |
[23:05] | Fellig, I don’t know what you’re planning, | 菲利格先生 我不知道你有什么计划 |
[23:08] | but nobody here is going to die. | 但是没有人会死在这里 |
[23:10] | I’m not planning anything. | 我没有计划任何事 |
[23:12] | I’m just here to tell you what’s gonna happen. | 我只是告诉你会发生的事情 |
[23:19] | That that woman right there is going to be murdered? | 那边的那个女人会被谋杀 |
[23:22] | I didn’t say “Murdered.” | 我并没有说是”谋杀” |
[23:25] | She’s a smoker. She might die of lung cancer. | 她吸烟 也许会死于肺癌 |
[23:28] | The “How”Is always a surprise. | 死亡的方式总是出乎意料的 |
[23:32] | I just always know “When.” | 我只是能知道死亡的时间 |
[23:34] | You want me to believe that? | 你要我相信这些 |
[23:39] | Hey, what are you doin’out here, huh? | 嗨 你在这里干什么 |
[23:45] | It’s so cold out here. | 这里很冷 |
[23:53] | Get out of my face! Get off me! | 别来烦我 走开 |
[24:08] | Let go of me! Get out of here! | 别烦我 走开 |
[24:12] | I’ve killed over that! Get out of here! Move it! | 别再烦我 滚开 滚 |
[24:17] | F.B.I.! Don’t move! | FBI 不许动 |
[24:20] | – Damn! Where’d you come from? – Shut up! | -该死 你哪个道上的 -闭嘴 |
[24:23] | – What? – Get down! Back up! | -什么 -跪下 背过去 |
[24:26] | You’re not such a big man now! | 现在你不能耐了吧 |
[24:37] | – That gun ain’t mine, Red. – Yeah. | -这枪不是我的 红毛 -是啊 |
[24:42] | – You all right? – I’m out of here. | -你没事吧 -我要走了 |
[25:11] | Dana, what the hell is going on? | 黛娜 你到底在干什么 |
[25:14] | Assault and possession of an unregistered handgun. | 殴打和持有非法枪械 |
[25:17] | I’ll be with you in a minute. | 我过一会儿去找你 |
[25:18] | Why didn’t you call me sooner? | 你为什么不打电话给我 |
[25:19] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[25:21] | What, you blew off the surveillance? | 为什么 为你搞砸了监视任务 |
[25:27] | No offense, but the surveillance was blown | 不客气地说 监视早在我去之前 |
[25:29] | before I got there. | 就已经搞砸了 |
[25:30] | Wait. You blew off the | 等等 是你搞砸的 |
[25:31] | surveillance and took a little joyride with him? | 然后还跟他一起去兜风 |
[25:34] | I confronted Fellig. | 我去跟菲林格对质 |
[25:36] | I questioned him further | 我去质问他那些 |
[25:37] | about the deaths that he photographed. | 有关他拍的照片的事 |
[25:38] | – Is that okay with you? – What did he say? | -这样你满意了吗 -他怎么说 |
[25:41] | He said that he can tell when people are about to die. | 他说他可以知道人们什么时候要死 |
[25:44] | If New York passes a Good Samaritan law, | 如果见死不救也能定罪 |
[25:46] | we might nail him on that. | 我们也许还能抓他 |
[25:48] | But other than that, | 不管怎样 |
[25:48] | I doubt we’re going to get him for murder. | 我想我们不能以谋杀罪来控告他 |
[25:50] | Wrong. Let me show you something. | 错 我给你看样东西 |
[25:57] | They picked up Mr. Wiggins last night. | 他们昨晚抓到了维根先生 |
[25:59] | He says that it was Fellig | 他说是菲林格 |
[26:01] | who killed that kid in the alley, not him. | 在那小巷子里杀了那个孩子 不是他 |
[26:03] | He said he happened along and had to fight for his life. | 他说他只是刚好路过 为了保命才跟菲林格打斗的 |
[26:05] | A convicted murderer half Fellig’s age. | 一个只有菲林格一半年纪的杀人犯 |
[26:07] | He said he would’ve come in on his | 他说他本来是要自己出面说明的 |
[26:08] | own but was afraid we wouldn’t have believed him. | 但是他怕没人会相信他 |
[26:10] | He’s right. Tell me, Ritter, | 他很对 告诉我 瑞特 |
[26:12] | did he have any help concocting that story? | 有人帮他编这个故事吗 |
[26:15] | Look, Fellig is a murderer. | 听着 菲林格就是凶手 |
[26:18] | Whether or not he did this specific one, I don’t care. | 不管这件案子是不是他做的 |
[26:20] | Not if it buys me a few days in the box with him. | 我可不想再花上好几天时间在文件堆里去找材料 |
[26:23] | No judge is going to issue a warrant based on this. | 法官是不会根据这个来发传票的 |
[26:26] | I know the judge. We’ll have it by noon. | 不 我了解法官 我们中午就会拿到了 |
[26:31] | You know, Kersh warned me about you. | 你知道 克许曾经对我警告过你 |
[26:34] | – He did? – Yeah. You and your partner. | -是吗 -是的 你还有你的搭档 |
[26:36] | God knows his reputation precedes him, | 天知道他的名声总是传得很快 |
[26:37] | so I guess I should’ve seen this coming. | 所以我想我早该预想到这事儿会发生了 |
[26:39] | You muck up my case, and | 你弄砸了我的案子 |
[26:41] | Kersh will hear about it. Are we clear, Dana? | 克许会知道一切的 你听明白了吗 黛娜 |
[26:44] | Scully. And we’re done with this conversation. | 叫我史考利 这个谈话已经结束了 |
[26:51] | – Yeah? – Hey, Scully, how’s that X-File coming? | -喂 -嘿 史考利 X档案进行得怎么样了 |
[26:55] | – Before you tell me that it’s not an X-File– – It is. | -我知道你要告诉我这不是X档案 -没错 |
[26:58] | What happened? | 怎么样了 |
[27:00] | Alfred Fellig seems to know an awful lot about death. | 阿尔福瑞德·菲林格看起来知道许多有关死亡的事 |
[27:04] | Oh, yeah? Well, that’s not surprising, given that… | 喔 是吗 这一点也不奇怪 |
[27:06] | he’s reached the ripe old age of 1 49. | 跟他那149岁的年纪比起来 |
[27:09] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[27:10] | I did a low-tech background check on him. | 我对他做了一些老式的背景调查 |
[27:13] | This stuff is so old that they | 这些资料太旧了 |
[27:14] | don’t even keep it on record on the computer. | 它们都没被保存在电脑里 |
[27:16] | Alfred Fellig doesn’t exist before 1964, | 阿尔福瑞德·菲林格在1964年以前并不存在 |
[27:19] | but one Henry Strand does. | 不过那时有个叫亨利·斯特兰德的人 |
[27:22] | He applied for a press pass from | 在1939年他53岁的时候 |
[27:23] | theJersey City Police in 1 939 at the age of 53. | 向泽西市警局提出了申请记者证的要求 |
[27:26] | – His prints match Fellig’s. – But, | -他的指纹跟菲林格一致 -但是 |
[27:28] | Mulder, there must be some kind of a mistake. | 穆德 这一定是哪里弄错了 |
[27:31] | You think? Because this Henry Strand | 你这样想 但是这个亨利·斯特兰德 |
[27:33] | does not exist before 1939. | 在1939年之前也不存在 |
[27:35] | However, one L.H. Rice… | 但是 有一个叫L H 瑞斯的 |
[27:39] | is on record as having sat | 留下一份 |
[27:40] | for the New York State civil service exam. | 参加纽约州公务员考试的记录 |
[27:43] | Now, the records don’t show whether he passed or not. | 虽然记录上没有说他是不是通过了考试 |
[27:46] | But his thumbprint? Fellig’s. | 但是他的指纹 是菲林格的 |
[27:50] | Want to know what L.H. Rice’s birthday is? | 想知道那个L H 瑞斯的生日是哪天吗 |
[27:53] | April 4, 1849. | 1849年 4月4日 |
[27:56] | I’m not good at math, but I’m | 我虽然数学不好 |
[27:58] | figuring that’s a lot of candles on the cake. | 但是我还是数得清蛋糕上插了几根蜡烛的 |
[28:00] | I have spent time with this man, | 我和他一起呆过一段时间 |
[28:02] | and he can’t be more than 65 years old. | 他绝对不会超过65岁的 |
[28:05] | I think that’s what he wants you to think. | 我想他就是想让你这样想的 |
[28:08] | Now, we’re talking about a guy for whom the phrase… | 现在我们是在谈论一个 |
[28:10] | “Life in prison””Carries some seriously | 让”终生监禁”有了 |
[28:11] | weighty connotations. | 真正意义的人 |
[28:13] | I think you should get to him | 我想你应该 |
[28:14] | before he vanishes and becomes someone else. | 在他消失变成另外一个家伙之前把他捉住 |
[28:46] | You are going to be arrested, Mr. Fellig, in two hours, | 再过两个小时 菲林格先生 你就要被捕了 |
[28:51] | charged with murder. | 被控以谋杀罪名 |
[28:53] | And this time,you won’t be able to just change your name. | 这回 你没办法再去换个名字了 |
[28:57] | I showed you what I do last night. I just take the pictures. | 我昨晚已经证明给你看了 我只是拍照而已 |
[29:02] | What you showed me was a contemptible | 你证明给我看的 |
[29:04] | lack of compassion… | 只不过是你 |
[29:05] | for another human being. | 对其他人的见死不救 |
[29:08] | You showed me that you profit off of people’s deaths. | 你证明给我看的 只是你从人们的死亡中获取利益 |
[29:11] | Now, why shouldn’t you go to prison? | 为什么你不用进监狱 |
[29:14] | What, do you want me to cry for them? | 你是要我为他们哭泣吗 |
[29:17] | You want me to make like I feel sorry for them? | 你想要我为他们感到遗憾吗 |
[29:21] | I don’t. | 我不会 |
[29:24] | Lucky bastards. | 幸运的杂种 |
[29:27] | – Every one of them. – Lucky? | -他们每个人都是 -幸运 |
[29:31] | I’m just there to get the shot. | 我只是到那里拍照 |
[29:33] | I don’t take those people. He does. | 我没有杀那些人 是他干的 |
[29:36] | Who’s he? | 他是谁 |
[30:11] | That’s him. He’s the one who takes them. | 就是他 是他带走了那些人 |
[30:15] | You’re saying that this is a photograph of Death itself? | 你是说这是死神的照片 |
[30:19] | It’s a glimpse. Just a glimpse. | 这只是一瞥 只是一瞥 |
[30:22] | It’s closer than I’ve gotten in– | 这是我那么多年来拍到的最接近的一张 |
[30:24] | Well, I can’t even count the years. | 喔 我都数不清我拍了多少年了 |
[30:28] | And this is the shot that you spoke of. This is… | 这就是你所说的想要拍的那个 那个 |
[30:32] | – what you try and get. – Mm-hmm. | -你试着想得到的东西 -是的 |
[30:39] | Mr. Fellig, I know that | 菲林格先生 |
[30:41] | you know more about photography than I do, | 我知道你懂的摄影知识比我多 |
[30:46] | but this is just a lens flare. | 但这只是闪光灯照出来的效果 |
[30:49] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[30:50] | I do know more about photography than you do. | 我的确比你懂得更多的摄影知识 |
[30:58] | Okay, I mean– | 没错 我是说 |
[31:03] | For the sake of argument, why bother? | 就算你是对的 为什么这样做 |
[31:07] | I mean, why– Why take a picture of Death? | 我是说 为什么 要拍死神的照片 |
[31:11] | So I can look into his face… so I can die. | 这样我才能看到他的脸 我才能死去 |
[31:18] | Pills don’t work. | 药物没有用 |
[31:22] | Razors, gas, bridges– | 割腕 煤气 桥 |
[31:25] | I can’t tell you how many bridges I’ve jumped off of. | 我都数不清楚自己从多少桥上跳下去过了 |
[31:28] | All I get is wet. | 我顶多是全身湿透 |
[31:32] | I got left behind. | 我被遗弃了 |
[31:34] | I don’t want to be here anymore. | 我再也不想继续活下去了 |
[31:37] | I can’t even remember a time when I did. | 我甚至不记得我什么时候做过这些事 |
[31:40] | Uh– | 呃 |
[31:42] | This is– | 这些 |
[31:45] | This is all I know to do. | 这些是我所知道我唯一能做的事 |
[31:51] | You know I don’t believe you. | 你知道我不相信你 |
[31:53] | Yes, you do. | 不 你信 |
[31:56] | That’s why you’re here. | 这就是你到这儿来的原因 |
[32:20] | How is it you know when people are about to die? | 你怎么知道一个人快要死了 |
[32:26] | Oh. | 喔 |
[32:29] | You chase it long enough, you pick it up. | 你追踪久了 自然就会发现了 |
[32:44] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[33:02] | – Mulder. Hi. – Mulder, it’s me. | -我是穆德 嗨 -穆德 是我 |
[33:05] | Those other two names that | 你说过菲利格过去用过 |
[33:07] | you said that Fellig went by– Strand and Rice? | 哪两个名字 斯特兰德和瑞斯 |
[33:10] | Yeah. Henry Strand and L.H. Rice. | 是的 亨利·斯特兰德和L H 瑞斯 |
[33:13] | What about Louis Brady? | 那路易斯·布莱迪呢 |
[33:16] | Uh, no, but there’s a, there’s like a big gap before 1 939. | 呃 不知道 不过1939年以前是有一个大空缺 |
[33:21] | Will you check it out for me? | 你可以帮我查一下吗 |
[33:25] | I’m sticking here to make sure he doesn’t bolt. | 我会耗在这里确保他不会跑掉 |
[33:28] | Louis Brady, Mulder. | 路易斯·布莱迪 穆德 |
[33:30] | Tell me what you find out. | 找到了告诉我 |
[33:49] | Mr. Fellig? | 菲林格先生 |
[33:54] | Oops. Excuse me. I have film out. Hold on a second. | 喔 对不起 我要洗一些底片 等一下 |
[34:55] | – Ritter. – Agent Ritter, it’s Agent Mulder. | -我是瑞特 -瑞特探员 我是穆德探员 |
[34:57] | Is Agent Scully with you? | 史考利探员跟你在一起吗 |
[34:59] | she’s not, nor do I seem to able to find her. | 不 她不在 我找不到他 |
[35:02] | Me neither, and D.C. Cellular says her phone is turned off. | 我也是 总台说她的手机关机了 |
[35:04] | What can I do for you, Agent? | 我能为你做些什么吗 探员 |
[35:06] | Well, you can find her for me. | 呃 你可以替我找到她 |
[35:07] | Listen, Agent Mulder, I’m on my way to arrest Alfred Fellig. | 听着 穆德探员 我正要去抓阿尔福瑞德·菲林格 |
[35:11] | Good, because that’s where I think she is. | 很好 我想她会在那儿 |
[35:13] | And you were right. Fellig is a murderer. | 你是对的 菲林格是凶手 |
[35:15] | Under the name of Louis Brady, | 他曾经用路易斯·布莱迪的化名 |
[35:17] | he suffocated two patients in a Connecticut hospital. | 在康乃狄克州的一家医院闷死了两个病人 |
[35:19] | He says he meant to catch up with Death. | 他说他想要跟上死神的脚步 |
[35:21] | One year into his prison sentence, | 一年之后 就要对他宣判的时候 |
[35:24] | he walked off a work detail. | 他逃跑了 |
[35:24] | The manhunt never officially ceased. | 这项追捕至今还没有正式结案 |
[35:26] | – When was this? – 1 929. | -那是什么时候的事 -1929年 |
[35:29] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. When? | 哇 哇 哇 什么时候 |
[35:31] | Look, Ritter, don’t sweat the math. It’s him. | 听着 瑞特 别再数手指了 就是他 |
[35:33] | Just get there and find Agent Scully. | 直接到那儿去找史考利探员 |
[35:35] | All right. I’m on it. | 好的 我就去 |
[35:42] | You know, most people want to live forever. | 你知道 大部分人都想要长生不死 |
[35:45] | Most people are idiots. | 大部分人都是白痴 |
[35:48] | Which is one of the reasons I don’t. | 这正是我不是白痴的其中一个原因 |
[35:50] | I think you’re wrong. | 我认为你错了 |
[35:54] | How can you have too much life? | 你怎么会觉得生命太长了呢 |
[35:59] | There’s too much to learn, to experience. | 有太多的事情需要去学习 去经历 |
[36:01] | Seventy-five years is enough. | 七十五年足够了 |
[36:07] | Take my word for it. | 记住我的话 |
[36:10] | You live forever, sooner or later… | 要是你永远不死 迟早有一天 |
[36:12] | you start to think about the big thing you’re missing… | 你就会开始怀念那个 |
[36:14] | and that everybody else gets to find out about but you. | 除了你之外 别人都能得到的经历了 |
[36:18] | What about love? | 那爱情呢 |
[36:21] | What, does that last forever? | 什么 这会持续到永远吗 |
[36:25] | Forty years ago, I drove down to the city hall, | 四十年前 我去了市政大厅 |
[36:31] | down to the Hall of Records. | 到了档案馆 |
[36:33] | Record archives, whatever they call it. | 档案室 不管叫什么了 |
[36:36] | I wanted to look up my wife. | 我想要查我妻子的资料 |
[36:38] | It… | 因为 |
[36:40] | bothered me I couldn’t remember her name. | 我已经记不起她的名字了 |
[36:45] | Love lasts… | 爱情能维持 |
[36:48] | seventy-five years, if you’re lucky. | 七十五年 如果你幸运的话 |
[36:52] | You don’t want to be around when it’s gone. | 如果爱情消失了 你就不会再想活下去了 |
[37:11] | Count your blessings. | 好好祈祷吧 |
[37:27] | Why are you this way? | 你是怎么走到这步的 |
[37:31] | I mean, if this is true, | 我是说 如果这是真的 |
[37:34] | give me something in the way of proof. | 给我一些证据 |
[37:37] | Help me find some science that I can hang this on. | 帮我找到一些科学的证据来证明它 |
[37:40] | It has nothing to do with science. | 这与科学无关 |
[37:43] | – Someone took my place. – Took your place? | -有人代替了我 -代替你 |
[37:47] | I don’t know her name. | 我不知道她的名字 |
[37:52] | I don’t think I ever knew it. | 我想我永远也不会知道 |
[37:54] | I had yellow fever way the hell back then… | 当年我得了黄热病 |
[37:58] | when it killed half of New York. | 整个纽约死了一半的人 |
[38:02] | Washington Square Park was a common grave, | 华盛顿广场成了公墓 |
[38:05] | they had so many bodies. | 有太多的尸体了 |
[38:07] | They’d bury them shallow. | 他们很草率地埋葬他们 |
[38:10] | They wrapped them in yellow sheets, | 他们用黄色的床单裹好尸体 |
[38:12] | and the yellow sheets would stick up through the mud. | 黄床单上粘满了泥土 |
[38:15] | I was in a city-run contagion ward. | 我被带到隔离病房 |
[38:19] | I was out of my head with fever, out of my mind, | 我发烧发得昏昏沉沉 神志不清 |
[38:22] | then I saw him– saw Death. | 然后 我看到他了 看到了死神 |
[38:25] | Wish I would’ve had a camera then. | 真希望那时候能有架相机 |
[38:28] | At first, I… | 起先 我 |
[38:30] | just saw him out of the corner of my eye. | 只是在眼角的余光里看到他 |
[38:34] | Then he got bolder and he started flitting around the room, | 然后越来越清楚明显 他开始在房间里飞来掠去 |
[38:37] | and he’d take this person and he’d take that person. | 带走这个人 带走那个人 |
[38:41] | And I never saw his face. I didn’t want to see his face. | 我从来没看清过他的脸 我也不想去看他的脸 |
[38:44] | I figured if I saw it, he’d take me too. | 我知道如果我看了 他也会带走我的 |
[38:49] | – But he didn’t. – No. | -但是他没有 -是的 |
[38:51] | There was a nurse. | 那里有个护士 |
[38:54] | She did the best she could. | 她尽全力照顾病人 |
[38:57] | Back then, medical science was– | 当时 医学还 |
[39:02] | They couldn’t find their ass with both hands. | 不能对付这种疾病 他们尽了全力 |
[39:04] | They still can’t. | 还是不能 |
[39:05] | But she did the best she could. She sat with me. | 她也尽了她的最大努力 她坐在我身边 |
[39:09] | Held my hand. | 握住我的手 |
[39:11] | I was on my deathbed, then he came for me. | 我躺在我的病床上 然后他找上我了 |
[39:15] | I didn’t look at him. | 我没有看他 |
[39:17] | I closed my eyes and turned my head. | 我闭上双眼 转过头去 |
[39:20] | I didn’t tell her not to look at him. | 我没有告诉她不要看他 |
[39:23] | I wanted her to look at him. | 我希望她看到他 |
[39:26] | I wanted her to look at him instead of me. | 我想她能替我看到他 |
[39:31] | And then I came to and the fever broke. | 然后我退烧了 也痊愈了 |
[39:35] | They were carrying her out wrapped up in a yellow sheet. | 他们用黄床单裹着她抬了出去 |
[39:41] | Since that time, I realized | 从那一刻起 |
[39:42] | you got to be careful what you wish for. | 我就知道你必须很小心地对待自己的愿望 |
[39:45] | I missed my chance. | 我错过了我的机会 |
[39:50] | – You’re very lucky, you know that? – What do you mean? | -你很幸运 你知道吗 -你是什么意思 |
[39:58] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[40:02] | Say what’s on your mind. You mean lucky like the others? | 你到底要说什么 你是说我跟其他人一样幸运 |
[40:06] | You want me to believe that I’m about to die? | 你要我相信我就要死了吗 |
[40:08] | I just want to take the picture. | 我只是想拍点照片 |
[40:11] | You took my picture. | 你已经拍过我的照片了 |
[40:13] | You took my picture last night. Is this why? | 你昨晚拍的 这是原因吗 |
[40:15] | – No. That was different. – I’m not gonna die! | -不 那不一样 -我不会死的 |
[40:19] | – Turn that off. – No. | -关掉 -不 |
[40:23] | Turn it off right now! Put it down! | 马上关掉 放下 |
[40:25] | There is nothing to be done for it. | 这于事无补 |
[40:40] | You took my phone. Why? | 你拿了我的手机 为什么 |
[40:42] | Please,just give me a chance. | 求你了 给我一个机会 |
[40:44] | What don’t you want me to know? | 你有什么不想让我知道的 |
[40:45] | He’s coming. He’s coming, | 他就来了 他就要来了 |
[40:48] | and you should just make your peace. | 你该让自己平静点 |
[40:49] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[40:55] | He’s here. | 他到了 |
[41:20] | Agent? | 探员 |
[41:30] | Oh, God. Don’t. | 喔 上帝 不要 |
[41:33] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[41:39] | Come on, come on. Damn it! | 快点 快点 该死 |
[41:44] | I’ll get help. We need some help in here! | 我去叫人 这里需要帮助 |
[42:24] | Do you see him? | 你看到他了吗 |
[42:28] | Do you see him? | 你看到他了吗 |
[42:34] | Don’t look. | 不要看 |
[42:37] | Close your eyes. | 闭上你的眼睛 |
[43:36] | You’re a lucky man. | 你是个幸运的家伙 |
[43:55] | Coroner’s report came back on Fellig. | 菲林格的尸检报告出来了 |
[43:57] | Says he died of a single gunshot wound. | 说他是一枪致命 |
[44:00] | That’s all it said. | 就只说了这么多 |
[44:03] | Well, I, uh, | 嗯 我 呃 |
[44:06] | talked to your doctor, and he says you’re doing great. | 跟你的医生谈过了 他说你的情况很好 |
[44:09] | You’re making the fastest recovery he’s ever seen. | 他从没见过像你这样快速恢复的 |
[44:14] | You know, Mulder, I don’t | 你知道 穆德 |
[44:15] | even know how I entertained the thought. | 我实在不知道我是怎么接受这个想法的 |
[44:20] | People don’t live forever. | 人不可能永远活下去 |
[44:22] | No, I-I think he would have. | 不 我相信他可以 |
[44:26] | I just think that Death only looks for you… | 我只是认为如果你越是想活着 |
[44:31] | once you seek its opposite. | 那么死神就越会来找你 |