时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | T’IEN KOU号货轮 太平洋 晚上 9:17 | |
[02:25] | This hold was secured in Hong Kong. | 这个货舱在香港进行过安检 |
[02:28] | I don’t know how this happened. | 我不知道怎么会发生这种事 |
[02:31] | It makes no sense. | 没有道理的 |
[02:32] | We found the cage still locked. | 我们发现笼子还是锁着的 |
[02:34] | Two of my men are missing. | 我的两个手下不见了 |
[02:38] | Who’s in charge here ? You ? | 谁是这里管事的 你吗 |
[02:41] | – Who are you ? – My name is Detweiler. | -你是谁 -我叫戴特维勒 |
[02:43] | I’m the owner of this cargo. | 是这个货柜的主人 |
[02:45] | I was to be notified immediately of its arrival. | 我要求货物一到就立即通知我的 |
[02:47] | There’s an animal in here, damn it. It needs care. | 里面有只动物 该死 它需要照顾 |
[04:07] | – Aren’t you goin’ home ? – I am home. | -你不回家吗 -我已经在家了 |
[04:10] | I’m just feathering the nest. | 我正在筑巢 |
[04:13] | What ya got ? | 有什么发现 |
[04:15] | Two merchant marines found dead | 今天早上在圣佩德罗 |
[04:17] | this morning in San Pedro. | 有人发现两名船员死了 |
[04:18] | In the hold of their cargo ship. | 死在他们自己货船的货柜里 |
[04:21] | Mind if I ask the cause of death ? | 我可以问一下死因吗 |
[04:24] | On the crime report it | 现场记录上说 |
[04:25] | says “Multiple bite wounds.” – From what ? | -是”多处咬伤” -什么咬的 |
[04:28] | Well, the Hong Kong manifest | 香港的载货单上列出的 |
[04:31] | has the cargo listed as a dog. | 货物名称是狗 |
[04:33] | A dog ? | 狗 |
[04:37] | – A dog dog ? – Yo quiero Taco Bell. | —活狗吗 -难道是热狗吗 |
[04:40] | That alone is not what drew me to this case. | 这案子不光是这点吸引我 |
[04:44] | The two men were found inside | 那两个船员是在箱子里面被发现的 |
[04:46] | the container which was locked from the outside. | 而箱子是从外面锁上的 |
[04:48] | – What happened to the dog ? – Dog gone. | -那条狗呢 -狗跑了 |
[04:51] | Dog gone. Doggone. | 狗跑了 狗杂种 |
[04:53] | Yeah, I got it. | 好的 我听见了 |
[04:55] | Did anybody examine the victim, Mulder ? | 有人检查过死者吗 穆德 |
[05:01] | Look, bite wounds are rarely lethal in themselves. | 听着 咬伤是很少会致命的 |
[05:06] | I mean, they are not the cause of death. | 我是说 咬伤不是死因 |
[05:08] | They lead to it through the loss of blood. | 咬伤引起的失血过多才是死因 |
[05:11] | But it makes me wonder how accurate this report is. | 不过 这让我怀疑这份报告的准确性 |
[05:15] | Local P.D. Wrote it up. | 当地警方写的报告 |
[05:16] | Department of Fish and Wildlife is on the case. | 渔业及野生动物组织也插手了此事 |
[05:18] | I got an outside source says it was a dog. | 我有个外面的线人说就是狗干的 |
[05:20] | I don’t have to tell you how | 穆德 不用我告诉你 |
[05:22] | absolutely and completely wrong that seems. | 这种想法是多么的错误了吧 |
[05:25] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[05:26] | they were found dead in a locked cage, right ? | 他们被发现死在锁着的笼子里 对吗 |
[05:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:28] | – Two grown men. – Mm-hmm. | -两个成年人 -嗯哼 |
[05:33] | You’re not gonna tell me that a dog did this. | 你不会告诉我这是一条狗干的吧 |
[05:35] | – Bad dog. – Yeah. | -是条坏狗干的 -是呀 |
[05:42] | 贝尔弗劳尔 加利弗尼亚州 晚上 9:27 | |
[05:46] | Quiet. JoJo, come on. Shh, shh, shh. | 安静 尤尤 别这样 嘘 嘘 嘘 |
[05:49] | That’s enough, now. Come on. | 够了 别这样 |
[05:51] | Come on. Come on. It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[05:54] | Hey, get outta there ! Go on, get ! | 嘿 离开这儿 走开 |
[05:56] | Come on. Inside. Come on, come on. Inside. | 来吧 进去 来 进去 |
[05:59] | Inside. Inside,JoJo. | 进去 尤尤 |
[06:05] | Get outta here ! Go on home ! | 离开这里 回家去 |
[06:10] | Go home.! | 回家吧 |
[06:29] | JoJo ? | 尤尤 |
[06:34] | Here, girl ! | 过来 宝贝 |
[06:37] | Better not be on the bed ! | 最好别在床上 |
[06:43] | There you are. What are you doin’, girl? | 你在这儿呀 你在干什么 宝贝 |
[06:46] | You nut. Big old lazy bones. | 你这条笨狗 大懒骨头 |
[06:53] | JoJo, what are you doin’– | 尤尤 你在干什么 |
[07:04] | Stay away. Go on. Go. | 别过来 走开 走 |
[07:24] | 圣佩德罗 加里弗尼亚州 早晨 7:42 | |
[07:36] | – OfficerJeffrey Cahn ? – Yeah. | -杰弗瑞·凯恩警官 -是的 |
[07:39] | I’m Special Agent Fox Mulder with the F.B.I. | 我是调查局的特别探员福克斯·穆德 |
[07:41] | This is my partner Dana Scully. | 这是我的搭档丹娜·史考利 |
[07:43] | I think the L.A. Field office would | 我想洛杉矶警局 |
[07:45] | have contacted you that we were coming down today. | 应该告诉过你我们今天会来的 |
[07:47] | Oh, yeah. I hope you don’t mind. | 喔 是的 希望你们不会介意 |
[07:51] | I had a look around the ship with my men. | 我已经带我的人在船上检查过了 |
[07:53] | We were pretty thorough. | 我们检查得很彻底 |
[07:55] | – What did you find ? – Nothing conclusive, really. | -有什么发现吗 -没什么有用的 |
[07:59] | But I can tell you the dog’s not likely still on the ship. | 但是我可以说 狗似乎已经不在船上了 |
[08:01] | How’d you determine that ? | 你怎么能够确定 |
[08:03] | You ever owned a dog, sir ? | 你养过狗吗 长官 |
[08:04] | – Yeah. – Had to clean up after it ? | -养过 -事实必须做清洁吧 |
[08:08] | I don’t suppose you can tell us what kind of dog this is ? | 我想你不知道这是条什么样的狗吧 |
[08:11] | I’m not really sure. | 我不太确定 |
[08:13] | The man it was shipped to, | 把它装船的那个人 |
[08:15] | his name is Detweiler. Dr. Ian Detweiler. | 名叫戴特维勒 伊恩·戴特维勒博士 |
[08:17] | Calls himself a, uh, cryptozoologist. | 自称是个 呃 隐秘动物学家 |
[08:20] | Cryptozoologist ? | 隐秘动物学家 |
[08:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:22] | They deal with animals thought to be extinct. | 他们研究本来应该已经灭绝的动物 |
[08:24] | Animals– | 还有 |
[08:25] | Animals that aren’t supposed to exist, | 还有不被承认的动物 |
[08:26] | like Sasquatch, | 比如野人 |
[08:27] | the Ogopogo and the Abominable Snowman– | 水怪以及令人讨厌的雪人 |
[08:29] | Don’t mind him. He’ll go on forever. | 请别介意 他会没完没了的 |
[08:31] | Did you have a chance to talk to this Dr. Detweiler ? | 你跟戴特维勒博士谈过话吗 |
[08:33] | About five minutes ago. | 五分钟以前 |
[08:35] | Officer Cahn, any progress ? | 凯恩警官 有什么进展 |
[08:37] | Agents, Dr. Detweiler. | 探员们 这位是戴特维勒博士 |
[08:39] | – Are you from the F.B.I. ? – Yeah. | -你们是调查局的 -是的 |
[08:42] | Who should I be speaking to about | 有关动物被盗的事情 |
[08:43] | the theft of this animal ? | 我该跟谁说-被盗 |
[08:45] | What do you mean, theft ? | 这是什么意思 |
[08:46] | Well, this is a very valuable animal that has disappeared. | 失踪的动物是非常珍贵的 |
[08:49] | A rare breed and arguably a priceless specimen. | 是极其稀有的物种 无价的标本 |
[08:52] | – A breed of what ? – Wanshang Dhole. It’s a canid. | -什么物种 -王山犬 是犬科动物 |
[08:55] | That’s an Asian dog. | 是亚州犬 |
[08:56] | Supposed to have been extinct for the last 150 years. | 被认为在150年前就绝种了的 |
[08:59] | Yes. That’s right, actually. | 是的 的确没错 |
[09:01] | And you have one of these ? | 而你找到了一条 |
[09:02] | I was on the expedition that caught it. | 我在考察的时候抓到的 |
[09:04] | Be that as it may, | 不管那是什么 |
[09:05] | we now have an unquarantined animal loose. | 那条未经检疫的狗逃跑了 |
[09:07] | Loose ? This animal’s a little more than loose. | 逃跑 应该比这严重吧 |
[09:10] | It seems to have killed two people. | 它已经杀死了两个人了 |
[09:11] | Oh, no, let me assure you. | 喔 不 我向你保证 |
[09:13] | This is not a predatory animal. | 这不是掠食性的动物 |
[09:14] | Chinese folklore has imbued it with mythic qualities. | 中国的民间传说给它赋予了神话色彩 |
[09:18] | But it doesn’t even hunt. It scavenges. | 但是它甚至都不会猎食 它是食腐动物 |
[09:21] | Where’s Officer Cahn ? | 凯恩警官在哪儿 |
[09:23] | I just got a report on the radio. | 我刚从广播里听到消息 |
[09:25] | Some kind of vicious dog attack in Bellflower. | 贝尔弗劳尔有人被狗攻击 |
[09:44] | Watch your step. | 小心脚下 |
[09:49] | Jake Conroy, age 30. | 贾克·康罗伊 30岁 |
[09:51] | He was employed as a customs agent | 联邦政府聘用的 |
[09:53] | by the federal government. | 海关执法员 |
[09:55] | The bite marks match those | 咬痕和中国货船上死者身上的相吻合 |
[09:57] | of the victims on the Chinese freighter. | 在贝尔弗劳尔有恶狗袭击事件 |
[09:59] | In this case, it bit off the man’s hand. | 这次它咬掉了那个人的手 |
[10:01] | There’s some talk in the house… | 屋里有人谈论说 |
[10:02] | that he may have been involved in | 他有可能参与了动物盗窃案 |
[10:04] | the theft of the animal and then it turned on him. | 而它是来报复的 |
[10:05] | Talk about bitin’ the hand that feeds ya. | 咬掉那只要喂你的手 |
[10:08] | Well, it does make sense. | 这解释不通 |
[10:10] | I mean, a victim and his dog are | 我是说 受害者和他的狗 |
[10:12] | attacked inside of a house with all the doors shut. | 是在屋里遇袭的 而屋子的门全都关着 |
[10:14] | It couldn’t have happened | 这是不可能的 |
[10:15] | unless the dog was being kept inside. | 除非狗还留在里面 |
[10:17] | Well, if all the doors were shut, | 如果所有的门都关着 |
[10:19] | -how did he get out ? – Well, then what ? | -他怎么出去 -穆德 你是说 |
[10:22] | I think we’re speaking in | 我认为我们把这条 |
[10:23] | common about an animal we’re calling a dog… | 叫做”狗”的动物想得太普通了 |
[10:25] | but which displays none of the behavior | 它表现出的行为一点也不像 |
[10:27] | of man’s best friend. | 人类最好的朋友 |
[10:29] | You mean covering up crime scenes ? | 你是说掩盖犯罪现场 |
[10:30] | You get a biscuit, Scully. | 答对了 史考利 |
[10:32] | So you’re talking about a dog that has human intelligence ? | 这么说 我们是在谈论一条有着人类智力的狗 |
[10:42] | Well, even if there were such an animal, | 好吧 就算有这样的动物 |
[10:43] | where would we even begin to look for one ? | 我们要找它 该从何入手呢 |
[10:45] | With a human that thinks like an animal. | 从一个像动物一样思考的人类入手 |
[11:16] | Karin ? Karin Berquist ? | 凯琳 凯琳·贝奎斯特 |
[11:21] | No. Stacie Muir. | 不是 我是思岱希·莫尔 |
[11:23] | I’m just puttin’ up this fence for her. | 我只是帮她装这些篱笆 |
[11:25] | She’s been havin’ some coyote problems. | 她养的山狗出了些问题 |
[11:27] | You two lookin’ for Karin about boarding ? | 你们俩找凯琳是为了膳食问题吗 |
[11:29] | No, it’s actually more of a behavior problem. | 不 其实更多是为了行为上的问题 |
[11:33] | Yeah. He, uh, doesn’t listen, and he chews on the furniture. | 是的 他 呃 不太听话 总是咬家具 |
[11:38] | Just, can you tell her that the F.B.I.’s here to see her ? | 你能告诉她有调查局探员来找她吗 |
[11:41] | Right this way. | 这边走 |
[11:48] | Karin will be out in a moment, all right ? | 凯琳马上就过来 |
[11:54] | Are you sure this woman’s not an authority on bats ? | 你肯定这个女人不是研究蝙蝠的权威 |
[11:56] | Karin Berquist knows more about | 凯琳·贝奎斯特比 |
[11:58] | canine behaviorisms than anybody on the planet. | 这个星球上的任何人都更了解犬类的行为 |
[12:01] | She’s lived with wild canids and | 她在五个不同的大陆上 |
[12:03] | wolves in the wilderness on five different continents. | 跟野犬和狼在野外生活过 |
[12:06] | How is it that you know so much | 你对她这么了解 |
[12:08] | about her but you don’t know what she looks like ? | 却怎么会不知道她长什么样子呢 |
[12:10] | I never actually met her. | 我从没见过她 |
[12:12] | Yet you assume that she’s gonna help us ? | 但你认为她肯帮我们 |
[12:15] | No. It’s not an assumption. | 不 这不是想当然 |
[12:16] | She is the one who told me about this case. | 是她告诉我这件案子的 |
[12:18] | Oh, so you two are chummy. | 喔 这么说你们很亲密喽 |
[12:20] | Well, I’ve read her books. | 呃 我读过她的书 |
[12:22] | Oh. “The Wolf Inside. | 哦 “狼的内心” |
[12:26] | Dogs Don’t lie. Better Than Human. “ | “狗不撒谎” “优于人类” |
[12:29] | Better than human ? | 优于人类 |
[12:31] | She’s not a real people person. | 她不是太喜欢人类 |
[12:49] | Well, she seems to have made a connection to you. | 看起来她和你还是有点关联的 |
[12:59] | All right, settle down. | 好了 坐下 |
[13:02] | Settle. | 坐好 |
[13:09] | Karin, I’m Fox. | 凯琳 我是福克斯 |
[13:12] | Fox Mulder. | 福克斯·穆德 |
[13:14] | This is my partner, Dana Scully. | 我是我的搭档 丹娜·史考利 |
[13:17] | It’s nice to finally meet you. | 真高兴终于见到你了 |
[13:21] | I wish I’d known. I don’t get many visitors. | 早知道就好了 我没有什么访客的 |
[13:27] | Stacy tells me you have a question about behaviorism. | 思岱希告诉我你们有些行为上的问题 |
[13:30] | Yeah, it’s about the animal I’m tracking, | 是的 关于我正在追踪的动物 |
[13:31] | the one you mentioned in your E-mail. | 就是你在电子邮件里提到的 |
[13:33] | About its intelligence. | 关于它的智力 |
[13:34] | Canids’ intelligence is far superior to ours. | 犬类的智力远高于我们 |
[13:36] | if that’s what you want to know. | 如果这就是你想知道的 |
[13:39] | Intelligence enough to murder ? | 聪明到懂得谋杀 |
[13:41] | Murder takes no intelligence. | 谋杀谈不上聪明 |
[13:42] | – It’s a human behaviorism. – What about hunting ? | -那是人类的行为 -那么猎食呢 |
[13:45] | Coyotes use elaborate trickeries to draw out their prey. | 山狗运用精心的骗术来拖延它们的猎物 |
[13:48] | Many canids do, alone or in packs. | 许多犬类都是这样 单独的或是成群的 |
[13:53] | What about a Dhole ? | 亚洲豺犬呢 |
[13:55] | If you mean the Wanshang Dhole, it’s extinct. | 如果你说的是王山犬 它已经绝种了 |
[13:58] | Is there any other reason you came here ? | 你们来这儿还有其它事吗 |
[14:03] | No. Thank you, Karin. | 没了 谢谢你 凯琳 |
[14:07] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[14:15] | Mulder. She’s a friend of yours ? | 穆德 她是你的朋友 |
[14:21] | – Well, we met on line. – On line ? | -我们在网上认识的 -网上 |
[14:25] | Two professionals exchanging information. | 两个专业人士交换资料 |
[14:31] | This is Fiedler. I’m at | 我是费尔德勒 我在 |
[14:32] | an alley just south of Cooper in Signal Hill. | 西格诺山库伯南边一点的巷子里 |
[14:36] | Looks like something’s been scavenging. | 看起来像是有什么东西在翻垃圾 |
[14:38] | I’m gonna check it out. | 我要去查一下 |
[14:39] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[16:23] | Hey ! | 嘿 |
[16:26] | Hello, sir. I’m with U.S. Fish and Wildlife. | 你好 先生 我是美国渔业和野生动物组织的 |
[16:30] | Maybe you’ve seen a dog I’m lookin’ for. | 也许你见过我正在找的一条狗 |
[16:36] | Sir ? Can you hear me ? | 先生 你能听到吗 |
[17:16] | You wanna catch a killer ? | 你想抓那个凶手吗 |
[17:18] | You arrest that crypto son | 去逮捕那个 |
[17:19] | of a bitch who shipped that dog over here. | 把狗运来的隐秘派兔崽子吧 |
[17:21] | Is it the same dog ? | 是同一条狗吗 |
[17:23] | That’s Frank Fiedler over there. | 躺在那儿的是弗兰克·费尔德勒 |
[17:25] | He’s a friend of mine. Damn good at his job. | 是我的朋友 工作得出色极了 |
[17:28] | You think this kind of thing happens here every day ? | 你以为这样的事天天都会发生吗 |
[17:31] | No, I’m sure it doesn’t. | 不 我相信不会 |
[17:32] | We’re just trying to catch this animal just like you. | 我们和你一样想要抓住这只动物 警官 |
[17:35] | Oh, you can catch it. I want to kill it. | 喔 你们去抓它吧 我要杀了它 |
[17:49] | I don’t think wolf woman is here to speak to me. | 我想”狼女”到这儿来不是找我的 |
[17:51] | I’m just, uh, gonna take a look at the body. | 我要去 呃 检查一下尸体 |
[17:54] | – I didn’t expect to see you. – ” Dog Eats Dogcatcher.” | -我没想到你会来 -“狗吃捕狗人 “ |
[17:59] | Story’s all over the news this morning. It’s sort of uplifting. | 今天早上各家新闻的头条标题 真是社会的进步 |
[18:04] | – I’m joking. Sorry. – Mm-hmm. | -我开玩笑的 抱歉 -嗯哼 |
[18:06] | – That’s okay. – I thought you might use some help. | -没关系 -我想你可能会需要些帮助 |
[18:08] | You said that a dog, or a canid, only hunts what it needs. | 你说过狗或犬只会猎取它所需要的 |
[18:11] | But I’ve got four bodies with bite marks on it… | 可是已经有四个人被咬死了 |
[18:13] | from an animal that seems to kill for no other reason. | 而且看不出有任何遇害的理由 |
[18:16] | Who are the victims ? | 受害者都是谁 |
[18:17] | There’s two men on a ship that it came in on, | 两名在它来的船上工作的船员 |
[18:19] | a customs agent, and now an officer from Fish and Wildlife. | 一个海关雇员 还有现在这个渔业和野生动物组织的警官 |
[18:22] | In fact, all these men could have | 事实上 这些人在受攻击之前 |
[18:24] | come in contact with the animal before the attacks. | 都有机会和那动物接触过 |
[18:27] | Classic dominant, alpha territorial behavior. | 典型的领土优先占有行为 |
[18:30] | No, this animal seems to | 不 这只动物似乎是 |
[18:31] | have ranged many miles to make its attacks. | 特意跑了很远的路来完成攻击的 |
[18:34] | In each case, | 每次攻击中 |
[18:35] | it seems to have outsmarted or tricked its victims. | 它都好像在戏耍受害者 比他们精明 |
[18:38] | Unlike we Homo sapiens, | 与我们”智人”不同 |
[18:40] | a canid’s motives are simple and direct. | 犬类动物的动机都简单而直接 |
[18:44] | It would be an extraordinary | 只为运动而杀戮的例子 |
[18:46] | case to find one who kills for sport. | 非常少见 很反常 |
[18:48] | Likely we may never know. I’m sure someone will kill it first. | 也许我们永远也弄不清楚 我肯定有人会先杀了它 |
[18:51] | This guy over here ? He claims to have caught it once. | 在那边的那个家伙 他声称自己抓到过它一次 |
[18:54] | Maybe he can catch it again. He’s Dr. Ian Detweiler. | 也许他能再抓一次 他是伊恩·戴特维勒博士 |
[18:57] | – Do you know him ? – No, but I dislike him already. | -你认识他吗 -不认识 不过我已经不喜欢他了 |
[19:01] | I’ve been over the area. If that was my animal, | 我已经看过这个地区了 没有任何证据证明 |
[19:03] | there’s absolutely no evidence of it. | 那是我的动物 |
[19:07] | No prints, nothing whatsoever I can find. | 没有脚印 我什么也没找到 |
[19:10] | But it’s still on the loose ? | 可它现在仍然在逃 |
[19:12] | How did you say you caught it originally ? | 你说你最开始是怎么抓住它的 |
[19:16] | Oh, this is Karin Berquist. | 喔 这位是凯琳·贝奎斯特 |
[19:20] | We tranquilized it, after tracking it for two weeks. | 跟踪了两周后 我们麻醉了它 |
[19:25] | You admire it, don’t you ? | 你羡慕它 对吗 |
[19:27] | I admire its ability to survive. | 我羡慕它的生存能力 |
[19:30] | I think I’ll look around too. | 我也要去四处看看了 |
[19:33] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[19:37] | That’s one strange bird. | 真是只奇怪的鸟儿 |
[19:48] | I’m leaving my dart gun in the car. | 不 我会把麻醉枪留在车里 |
[19:50] | I’m going to live rounds from here on out. | 从现在起我要荷枪实弹了 |
[19:52] | I don’t care what the regulations say. | 我才不管规定怎么说 |
[19:54] | I shouldn’t be asked to risk my life. | 我不应该拿自己的生命冒险 |
[19:56] | Neither should anyone else. | 也不该拿任何其他人的 |
[19:57] | No one’s asking you to risk your life, Cahn. | 没人要求你拿生命冒险 凯恩 |
[20:00] | Fiedler’s lying dead. You realize that ? | 费尔德勒死了 你还不了解吗 |
[20:07] | Cahn, are you still there ? | 凯恩 你还在吗 |
[20:09] | We need more men out here. | 听着 我们需要更多人手 |
[20:11] | How many more people have to go down | 还要再倒下多少人 |
[20:13] | before you guys listen ? | 你们才肯听 |
[20:15] | Look, I don’t have a photo of this animal. | 听着 我没有这只动物的照片 |
[20:17] | No one’s even seen it. | 没有人见过它 |
[20:18] | Let’s get more men out here so we can catch it and kill it. | 多派些人来吧 这样才能抓住它 杀了它 |
[20:22] | If you want pe– | 如果你想 |
[20:26] | – You scared me. – You kill that dog, and I’ll kill you. | -你吓着我了 -要是你杀了那条狗 我就杀了你 |
[20:38] | This man Detweiler said | 那个戴特维勒说 |
[20:39] | he could find no evidence at the scene. | 他在现场找不到证据 |
[20:41] | But with very little effort, I was able to find several tracks… | 但稍努力 我就找到了这些脚印 |
[20:44] | on the floor of the building where the man was attacked. | 就在那个人遭到攻击的建筑的地面上 |
[20:47] | Did they tell you anything ? | 你能看出些什么 |
[20:49] | That this is a large, rangy animal… | 这是只身材庞大的 四肢瘦长的动物 |
[20:51] | with primitive, even pre-evolutionary aspects. | 有着原始的 甚至是尚未进化的体征 |
[20:54] | It isn’t perfectly visible, but with the computer… | 现在看不清楚 但是可以利用电脑 |
[20:57] | I can enhance the print so that you can see it. | 我可以增强足印 让你们能看清 |
[21:02] | A fifth toe pad on the right paw. | 右爪上有第五只脚趾 |
[21:05] | Canids only have four toes. | 犬类动物只有四只脚趾 |
[21:08] | He’s got a vestigial toe pad on his front paws, right there. | 在它的前爪上有只退化了的脚趾 就在这儿 |
[21:17] | The dewclaw. Serving no purpose now. | 是上爪 现在已经没有用了 |
[21:20] | Although some believe it was once a prehensile thumb. | 有些人相信那曾经是适于抓握的拇指 |
[21:22] | And that’s what you think the print indicates ? | 这就是你所说的足印指示出的线索 |
[21:25] | I am told that this animal went in and out | 我听说这只动物能进出 |
[21:27] | of closed buildings. | 封闭的建筑物 |
[21:28] | But just yesterday you dismissed the possibility outright… | 可昨天你痛快地否认了这种可能性 |
[21:31] | that a dog, or a canid as you call it, would behave like this. | 你认为狗或是你说的犬科动物做不到这个 |
[21:35] | I dismissed the idea of murder. | 我否认的是谋杀的想法 |
[21:37] | But you’ll accept the idea… | 但是你却会接受另外的想法 |
[21:38] | that it behaves in every other way likeJack the Ripper ? | 认为它在某些方面表现得就像开膛手杰克一样 |
[21:42] | I’m just going by the facts. | 我只是根据事实说话 |
[21:45] | In Chinese myth a Dhole can be evil, | 在中国神话里 豺犬是邪恶的 |
[21:48] | capable of opening doors, | 拥有开门的能力 |
[21:49] | stealing wives and disappearing into thin air. | 会偷人们的妻子 还能凭空消失 |
[21:53] | Maybe there is some basis in reality for this trickster myth. | 也许这些骗人的神话是有一定的现实依据的 |
[21:56] | Oh, I’m fairly certain there is. | 喔 我相当相信是有依据的 |
[22:16] | Everything okay, Scully ? | 你没事吧 史考利 |
[22:18] | How well do you know this woman, Mulder ? | 你究竟对这个女人了解多少 穆德 |
[22:19] | How well do you know anybody | 你对在网上认识的人 |
[22:21] | you meet on the Internet ? She likes to talk. | 能有多了解 她很健谈 |
[22:23] | Well, I question her motives. | 我怀疑她的动机 |
[22:26] | You’re suggesting this case was to get me out here, | 你在暗示说她给我这个案子是 |
[22:28] | to meet me ? | 想引我到这儿来 |
[22:30] | I’m flattered, but no. | 我受宠若惊 可惜不是 |
[22:33] | I don’t know this woman, but I’ll go out on a limb and say… | 我不了解这个女人 但是我可以发誓 |
[22:36] | there’s no way she has | 她跟那四个人的死亡 |
[22:37] | anything to do with those four people being dead. | 不可能有任何的联系 |
[22:40] | She’s enamored of you, Mulder. | 她很倾心于你 穆德 |
[22:43] | Don’t underestimate a woman. They can be tricksters too. | 不要低估了女人 她们也懂得欺骗的 |
[22:54] | So, Dr. Riley wanted me to give | 那么 赖利医生要我 |
[22:55] | Duke three pills a day. Is one bottle gonna be enough ? | 每天给公爵吃三片药 这一瓶就够了吗 |
[22:58] | – We can get you a refill. – Okay. | -吃完后我们会再开的 -好的 |
[23:00] | Duke. | 公爵 |
[23:02] | – Duke, enough.! – Can’t you control your dog ? | -公爵 够了 -你能控制一下你的狗吗 |
[23:06] | He gets this way with strangers sometimes. | 对不起 他有时候看到陌生人就会这样 |
[23:09] | – Let’s take him outside. – Okay. Thanks. | -把他带到外面去吧 -好的 谢谢 |
[23:11] | Excuse me. Excuse me. You got him ? | 对不起 你抓到它了吗 |
[23:13] | Duke, come on.! | 公爵 过来 |
[23:16] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[23:19] | Sorry about that. He’s usually a well-behaved dog. | 刚才很抱歉 平时他表现得都不错的 |
[23:22] | I’m Dr. Detweiler. I called about the animal tranquilizer. | 我是戴特维勒博士 我打过电话 要那些动物镇定剂的 |
[23:25] | The Telezol. I don’t have much occasion to dispense it. | Telezol 我没什么机会用到这种药 |
[23:28] | If I have any, it’s very little. | 即使有 也只有很少 |
[23:31] | I’ll take whatever you’ve got. | 好的 你有多少我都要了 |
[23:33] | – I have etorphine. Can you use that ? – Yeah. | -我还有埃托啡 你用得上吗 -是的 |
[23:36] | Can I ask what these are for ? | 可以问一下你要这些有什么用吗 |
[23:37] | An animal escaped from a pier in San Pedro. | 是给一只从圣佩德罗码头逃跑的动物用的 |
[23:42] | Not that dog that’s been attacking people ? | 不会是那条袭击人类的狗吧 |
[23:44] | I’m in a bit of a hurry. | 对不起 我赶时间 |
[23:46] | This dog you’re looking for– | 你们正在找的那条狗 |
[23:48] | You’re not looking around here ? | 不会就在这里附近吧 |
[23:50] | I’m afraid we are. | 恐怕是的 |
[23:55] | Good night, Peggy. | 晚安 佩吉 |
[23:57] | Be sure to lock the front door for me, would you ? | 帮我检查一下前门有没有锁好 可以吗 |
[24:00] | I’ll lock up back here. | 我去锁后门 |
[24:05] | Good night, Sparky. Bye, Dino. | 晚安 史巴克 再见 迪奥 |
[24:40] | Hey, Buck. What’s wrong, Buck ? | 嘿 巴克 出什么事了 巴克 |
[24:44] | What’s wrong, Buck, huh ? | 怎么了 巴克 |
[25:11] | Come on ! | 快 |
[25:13] | – Where is he ? – He’s trapped in a kennel. | -他在哪儿 -被关在狗房里了 |
[25:15] | – How’d it get in there ? – It must have come around back. | -它怎么进去的 -一定是从后面进去的 |
[25:18] | Lomas, Young, go around back. | 罗姆斯 杨 绕到后面去 |
[25:24] | All right, I’m gonna open the door. | 好了 我要开门了 |
[25:26] | Doc, you’re gonna have to move back. | 大夫 你最后靠后一点 |
[25:28] | I’m gonna have to shoot him. | 我会对它开枪的 |
[25:32] | I see him ! | 看见了 |
[25:37] | Did you hit him ? | 你打到了吗 |
[25:39] | I think so. He’s down. | 我想是的 它倒下了 |
[25:44] | Duke. | 公爵 |
[25:46] | It’s the wrong dog. | 不是这条狗 |
[26:06] | – You came out for nothing. – How’s that ? | -你们白来一趟 -怎么回事 |
[26:09] | – I took out somebody’s pet. – What kind of pet ? | -撂倒了别人的宠物 -什么样的宠物 |
[26:12] | A St. Bernard. It was dark. I just saw something move. | 圣伯纳德狗 里面很黑 我只看见有东西在动 |
[26:15] | Okay, Duke. | 好了 公爵 |
[26:18] | All done, pal. You’re gonna be all right. | 搞定了 伙计 你会没事的 |
[26:28] | Now we gotta find out how you got back in here, huh ? | 现在让我们来看看你是怎么回到这儿来的 |
[27:12] | I’m a federal agent.! I’m armed.! | 我是联邦探员 我有武器 |
[27:15] | If you can hear me, don’t move ! | 如果你能听见 不要动 |
[27:16] | Just stay where you are and tell me if you’re okay. | 呆在原地 告诉我你有没有事 |
[27:42] | Mulder ? | 穆德 |
[27:47] | – Yeah ? – Come take a look at this. | -怎么了 -过来看看 |
[27:59] | I’ll call paramedics. | 我去叫急救车 |
[28:30] | Where’s Fox ? | 福克斯在哪儿 |
[28:32] | Continuing his investigation. Come on. | 继续他的调查 起来 |
[28:35] | You’re not working together ? | 你们不在一起工作 |
[28:37] | No. This is my investigation. | 不 我在做我的调查 |
[28:40] | – Of? – You. | -关于 -你 |
[28:43] | I have no idea what you mean. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[28:46] | I thought at first that they were eccentricities. | 我一开始还以为这些只是刻意装扮得古怪 |
[28:49] | Or affectations. The dark, the clothes. | 黑色调 服装 |
[28:52] | But it’s photosensitivity. | 但其实是因为对光敏感 |
[28:54] | Your sleeves cover up skin lesions. | 你的袖子遮住了皮肤的创伤 |
[28:57] | It’s why you’re here amongst | 这就是你 |
[28:59] | the humans instead of out in the field. | 离群独居的原因 |
[29:02] | Systemic lupus erythematosis. | 全身性的红斑狼疮 |
[29:06] | Lupus, from the Latin for “Wolf.” | 狼疮 来源于拉丁语的”狼” |
[29:10] | Ironic, isn’t it ? | 很讽刺 不是吗 |
[29:12] | Ironic or perverse ? | 讽刺 还是刚愎自用 |
[29:15] | I’ve ignored the symptoms for years. | 我已经忽视这个症状好多年了 |
[29:18] | I’ve always felt more like a wolf than a person. | 我一直觉得自己更像一匹狼 而不像人类 |
[29:22] | But not with Mulder. | 但和穆德一起时不会 |
[29:25] | With Mulder, | 和他一起时 |
[29:26] | you found somebody you could communicate with. | 你找到了一个可以沟通的对象 |
[29:29] | Someone who challenged you. But that wasn’t enough. | 一个质疑你的人 但那还不够 |
[29:33] | You needed to lure him out here. | 你必须把他引诱过来 |
[29:36] | I lack your feminine wiles. | 我没有你那种女人的伎俩 |
[29:41] | You don’t believe it, do you ? | 你并不相信 对吗 |
[29:44] | Not for a minute that there’s an animal out there killing. | 从来没相信过 有一只动物正在外面杀人 |
[29:47] | I don’t believe that this man, Dr. Detweiler, ever caught it. | 我不相信这个人 戴特维勒博士 曾经抓到过它 |
[29:52] | I lived in Asia. I know about the Wanshang Dhole. | 我在亚洲住过 我了解王山犬 |
[29:57] | And if it survived for over a century, | 如果它能继续存活了一个多世纪 |
[29:59] | it was because it was more cunning than man. | 那也是因为它比人类要狡猾得多 |
[30:02] | More cunning than this man Detweiler ever dreamed of. | 比这个叫戴特维勒的人所能想像的还要狡猾得多 |
[30:06] | More cunning than you ? | 比你还狡猾 |
[30:10] | I’m watching you. | 我在注意着你 |
[30:12] | You watch, but you don’t see. | 你注意了 但是你看不见 |
[30:48] | Officer Cahn, we have an emergency phone call… | 凯恩警官 有一个紧急电话 |
[30:51] | we’d like to patch through to you. | 我们给你接过去了 |
[30:54] | Officer Cahn, are you there ? | 凯恩警官 你在吗 |
[30:58] | Officer Cahn, please respond. | 凯恩警官 请回答 |
[31:02] | Officer Cahn, please respond. | 凯恩警官 请回答 |
[31:05] | This is Jeffrey Cahn. Go ahead. | 我是杰弗瑞·凯恩 请讲 |
[31:07] | We have an F.B.I. Agent holding for you. | 有个调查局探员要和你讲话 |
[31:09] | I’m gonna patch him through now. | 我现在给你接过去 |
[31:11] | – Officer Cahn ? – Agent Mulder. | -凯恩警官 -穆德探员 |
[31:13] | I’m back here at the clinic. | 是 我又回到宠物医院了 |
[31:14] | Did you know Detweiler had been here ? | 你知道戴特维勒曾经来过吗 |
[31:16] | Dr. Detweiler was there ? | 戴特维勒博士去过那儿 |
[31:17] | Yeah, he signed for something. | 是的 他还买了些东西 |
[31:19] | Looks like “Etorphine,” “Etoraphine.” | 看起来像是 呃 “埃托芬” “伊托啡” |
[31:23] | Tranquilizers. Ampules. | 镇定剂 注射液 |
[31:26] | Are you anywhere near here at all ? | 你在这附近吗 |
[31:28] | Not far. Why ? | 不太远 怎么了 |
[31:30] | If you have access to the lab, | 如果你可以进实验室 |
[31:31] | there’s something I’d like you to check out for me. | 我想请你帮我验一点东西 |
[31:33] | I’ll be there in 1 5 minutes. | 我15分钟后就到 |
[31:58] | 洛杉矶郡医院 托兰斯 加利弗尼亚州 | |
[32:23] | What are you doing here ? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[32:25] | I’d heard what had happened. | 我听说出事了 |
[32:26] | I didn’t know how bad he would be. | 我不知道他伤得多重 |
[32:28] | I thought I might get a description of the animal. | 我想可能会得到些关于动物的描述 |
[32:30] | How did you learn about the attack ? | 你怎么知道袭击的事的 |
[32:33] | I’d been in contact with Officer Cahn. | 我和凯恩警官一直有联系 |
[32:35] | I learned through his office. | 我从他的办公室得知的 |
[32:36] | No, you didn’t. No, you hadn’t. | 不 你不是 你和他也没有联系 |
[32:37] | Officer Cahn didn’t want to have anything to do with you. | 凯恩警官不想和你有任何关系 |
[32:41] | He was going to kill it. | 他想要杀了它 |
[32:43] | Does that frighten you ? | 让你害怕了吗 |
[32:47] | Please, sir, this is ridiculous. | 拜托 先生 这太荒谬了 |
[32:49] | You aren’t hunting this animal. | 你不是在追捕这只动物 |
[32:51] | You know it can’t be caught. | 你很清楚它是不能被捉住的 |
[32:52] | Then how could I have brought it here ? | 那么我是怎么把它带来的呢 |
[32:54] | That’s what no one can figure out. | 没有人会知道 |
[32:56] | Except for Karin Berquist. She knows | 除了凯恩·贝奎斯特 她知道 |
[32:57] | what was in that cage, and she knows it must be killed. | 笼子里面的是什么 她也知道必须杀了它才行 |
[33:00] | And that’s a thought that she can’t bear… | 而她不能容忍这种想法 |
[33:02] | because she doesn’t want | 因为她比你 |
[33:03] | this thing to be extinct any more than you do. | 更不希望这东西从此绝种 |
[33:05] | – You’re not making any sense. – Oh, I think I am. | -你说的没有任何意义 -不 我认为有 |
[33:08] | You went to China looking for that animal. | 你去到中国寻找这只动物 |
[33:10] | And you may have tracked it, as you claim, | 你可能如你所说地找到了它的踪迹 |
[33:12] | but the rest is far from the truth. | 但其他的就完全背离了事实 |
[33:14] | You found the Wanshang Dhole. | 你找到了王山犬 |
[33:17] | But you never caught it. It caught you. | 但你根本没有抓到它 是它抓到了你 |
[33:21] | You may not have known what was | 一开始你可能并不知道 |
[33:22] | happening at first, but you’re well aware now. | 发生了什么事 但现在你很清楚了 |
[33:25] | That when night comes, you stop being yourself. | 每当夜幕降临 你就不再是你自己了 |
[33:27] | – That’s insane. – You become the trickster. | -真是疯了 -你变成了一个巫师 |
[33:30] | A shape-shifting man who becomes an animal. | 一个能变身为动物的人 |
[33:33] | – I’ve heard enough. – No. You killed because you could. | -我听够了 -还没完 你杀人是因为你能够杀人 |
[33:37] | You may have resisted it at first. | 开始时你也许会反抗 |
[33:40] | You may have hated what you’d become. | 你可能会憎恨你自己的改变 |
[33:42] | Eventually it took you over. | 直到它完全地控制了你 |
[33:45] | That’s where the tranquilizer came in. | 那时候你开始使用镇定剂 |
[33:48] | I found traces of etorphine in animal blood at the clinic. | 我在诊所里发现了含有唉托啡的动物血迹 |
[33:51] | You injected yourself with | 你给你自己注射镇定剂 |
[33:53] | a tranquilizer hoping to stop the killings. | 希望能停止杀人 |
[33:56] | But they didn’t and they haven’t and they won’t. | 但是没有用 过去没用 将来也不会有用 |
[34:13] | I protected you as long as I could. I won’t any longer. | 我已经尽可能地在保护你了 但以后不会再保护了 |
[34:34] | I can usually get a sense of a person | 我能通过狗立刻判断出 |
[34:37] | right away from the dogs. | 一个人来 |
[34:38] | Dogs are the best judges of character I know. | 狗是我所知道的最好的性格鉴定师 |
[34:51] | I’m sensing something myself here. | 我自己也判断出一些事情 |
[34:53] | I’m thinking maybe I’ve been misled. | 我想也许我是被误导了 |
[34:55] | That you haven’t been | 在这件案子里 |
[34:56] | totally honest with me about this case. | 你对我并不百分之百地诚实 |
[34:58] | I’ve been honest with you, though perhaps not myself. | 和你在一起时我是诚实的 尽管可能不是我自己了 |
[35:02] | I was looking forward to meeting you. | 我盼望着能见到你 |
[35:04] | I wouldn’t admit how much. | 但我并不承认有多盼望 |
[35:06] | But you might also have admitted what you | 但你也同样承认了 |
[35:08] | knew about this animal, | 你对这只动物是了解的 |
[35:09] | that it wasn’t an animal at all. | 那就是它根本就不是动物 |
[35:11] | I heard the reports and called you out, | 我听到消息就通知你了 |
[35:13] | if only so you could disprove them. | 希望你能够证明那是错的 |
[35:15] | What I knew was it couldn’t | 我只知道造成这些死亡的 |
[35:17] | be a dog responsible for those killings. | 不会是一条狗 |
[35:21] | It’s Detweiler, isn’t it ? | 是戴特维勒 对吗 |
[35:23] | – Yes. – So you knew that and didn’t say ? | -是的 -这么说你早知道了 但却没说 |
[35:26] | I only realized it when I saw him. | 我见到他时才意识到的 |
[35:29] | My failure was in thinking I was protecting the animal. | 我的失败在于我以为可以通过欺骗你 |
[35:33] | That by deceiving you, it might be captured alive. | 来保护那只动物 让它能被活捉 |
[35:36] | He’s got to be put down, Fox. It’s the only way to stop this. | 但他必须死 福克斯 这是唯一能阻止他的办法 |
[35:40] | Well, I’ve got Scully on him, | 我已经叫史考利看着他了 |
[35:42] | tailing him, watching his every move. | 监视他的一举一动 |
[35:43] | – He’ll elude her easily. – But where’s he gonna go ? | -他会轻易地躲开她的 -那么他会去哪儿呢 |
[35:46] | To the man he only wounded. | 去找他没杀死的人 |
[35:49] | To the hospital to finish the kill. | 去医院 去结束他的性命 |
[36:04] | Scully, it’s me. You gotta get to the hospital. | 史考利 是我 你要马上到医院去 |
[36:07] | You gotta make sure Cahn is protected. | 必须确保凯恩的安全 |
[36:10] | Yeah, he’s in danger. | 是的 他有危险 |
[36:19] | Want to tell me why you pulled me | 想告诉我为什么要把我从疑犯身边叫开 |
[36:20] | away from the suspect and chained me to this chair ? | 又把我锁在这把椅子上吗 |
[36:22] | ‘Cause I haven’t seen hide | 因为我来这儿后就 |
[36:23] | nor hair of Detweiler since I’ve been here. | 没再看见戴特维勒的半根汗毛 |
[36:25] | That’s aptly put. It’s not yet dark. | 这是可以想到的 天还没黑呢 |
[36:28] | You should take a load off. We might be here all night. | 你应该坐下歇会儿 我们可能整晚都要待在这儿 |
[36:31] | – What do you mean ? – It’s Detweiler. | -这是什么意思 -是戴特维勒干的 |
[36:34] | It’s not Detweiler, it’s something he becomes. | 可又不是戴特维勒 是他所变成的东西 |
[36:38] | – Mulder. – Through some blood curse, | -穆德 -通过某种血咒 |
[36:41] | this man undergoes some kind of nocturnal transformation. | 这个人遭受着某种夜间性的转变 |
[36:44] | He becomes the same | 他成了和神话中的狗 |
[36:45] | shape-shifting trickster as that mythical dog. | 一样会变身的巫师 |
[36:48] | So is he gonna walk in here, | 那么他会干什么 走进来 |
[36:50] | skitter across the linoleum and pee in the corners ? | 小跑过地毯 然后在角落里小便 |
[36:53] | It’s about territoriality. | 这关系到领土防御的行为 |
[36:55] | He’s gonna come back here tonight | 他会在今晚回到这里 |
[36:57] | to make sure his dominance isn’t challenged. | 确保他的支配地位没受到挑战 |
[36:59] | He’s gonna put down the threat | 他必须清除 |
[37:01] | he failed to eliminate when he attacked Cahn. | 他没能杀死凯恩而留下来的威胁 |
[37:04] | Karin Berquist confirmed it. | 凯琳·贝奎斯特确信会这样 |
[37:07] | Mulder, the only thing Karin Berquist is interested in is you. | 穆德 凯琳·贝奎斯特唯一感兴趣的是你 |
[37:10] | You’re kidding yourself… | 如果你不认为 |
[37:13] | if you think that she hasn’t manipulated | 所有这些都是她为了私利 |
[37:15] | this entire situation… | 而精心策划的 |
[37:16] | for her own purposes. | 那你就在欺骗自己 |
[37:18] | He’ll come here tonight, Scully. You’ll see. | 他今晚会来的 史考利 你会看到的 |
[37:43] | Okay. | 好了 |
[38:27] | He’s not comin’. | 他不会来了 |
[38:32] | Well, you’ve got no argument from me. | 嗯 我就不说什么了 |
[38:35] | He’s not comin’ here tonight. | 他今晚没有来这儿 |
[38:37] | Karin knew that. She lied to me. | 凯琳是知道的 她骗了我 |
[39:38] | Karin, it’s Fox Mulder. I know what you’re doing. | 凯琳 我是福克斯·穆德 我知道你在做什么 |
[39:42] | If you can hear me, lock your doors. I’m on my way. | 如果你听到的话 锁上你的门 我马上就到 |
[40:48] | Come on, dog. | 来吧 小狗 |
[40:50] | Come on. Come on. | 来吧 来呀 |
[41:37] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[41:42] | Yeah, it’s Detweiler. | 是的 是戴特维勒 |
[42:20] | – You going home ? – Yeah, pretty soon. | -你回家吗 -是的 马上 |
[42:30] | You think this is your fault. | 你认为这是你的错 |
[42:33] | I think that I… believed her very quickly. | 我认为我 太轻易地相信她了 |
[42:41] | I think maybe that was my fault, yeah. | 我想可能就是我的错 是的 |
[42:50] | – Why wouldn’t you believe her ? – I barely knew her. | -你为什么要不相信他呢 -我几乎不认识她 |
[42:56] | Well, she had a lot of secrets, that’s for sure. | 是啊 她有很多秘密 这是肯定的 |
[43:01] | I think that Karin Berquist lived by her instincts. | 我想凯琳·贝奎斯特是靠本能生活的 |
[43:07] | She sized people up pretty quickly, | 她能迅速地对人作出评估 |
[43:09] | and I think she figured you out to a tee. | 我想她把你归类为”完美无暇”的 |
[43:14] | I think she saw in you a kindred spirit, Mulder. | 我想她把你当了个志趣相投的人 穆德 |
[43:19] | She may not have been able to express that to you. | 也许她没有能向你表达 |
[43:25] | Maybe what she did was the highest form of compliment. | 也许她所做的就是对你最高形式的恭维 |
[43:32] | You gonna be okay ? | 你会没事吧 |
[43:42] | Oh, this came for you. | 喔 这是寄给你的 |
[43:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |