时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[04:09] | Sorry about that. Come on in. | 喔 很抱歉 请进 |
[04:12] | I, uh– I rode up on the elevator with someone. | 我 呃 有个人跟我一起坐电梯上来 |
[04:17] | – Someone from next door, I think. – Young guy ? | -我想是你的邻居 -小伙子 |
[04:20] | – Yeah. – New neighbor. Why ? | -是啊 -是新邻居 怎么了 |
[04:22] | You met him ? | 你见过他 |
[04:24] | Uh, briefly, yeah. He’s a writer. | 碰见过几次 他是个作家 |
[04:26] | – What does he write ? – He didn’t say. | -写什么的 -他没说过 |
[04:29] | These are, uh– These are | 这些是 呃 |
[04:31] | my autopsy reports from the second victim. | 我对第二个受害者做的验尸报告 |
[04:44] | As you can see, | 你可以看到 |
[04:46] | the heart was removed | 心脏被取走了 |
[04:48] | in the same manner as the previous victim. | 手法跟前一个死者一样 |
[04:50] | No incisions, no scope marks, no cutting of any kind. | 没有伤痕 没有抓痕 连切痕也没有 |
[04:54] | No indication of how the killer did it ? | 没有证据能揭示凶手是如何下手的吗 |
[04:57] | No. There’s no prints, | 没有 没有指纹 |
[04:59] | no D.N.A. Material, no hair and fiber. | 没有DNA物质 也没有毛发和纤维 |
[05:04] | And yet you still refuse to believe | 你还是不相信我的理论吗 |
[05:05] | my theory– that what this is is psychic surgery ? | 这是灵媒手术 |
[05:08] | Psychic surgery is some man | 穆德 灵媒手术是 |
[05:09] | dipping his hand in a bucket of chicken guts… | 骗子们把手伸进一桶鸡杂里面 |
[05:11] | and pretending to remove tumors | 然后假装是从病人或是傻瓜身上 |
[05:13] | from the sick and gullible. | 取出肿瘤的一种把戏 |
[05:14] | Or… it’s a grossly misunderstood area | 或者 是对另类医疗手法的 |
[05:17] | of alternative medicine. | 明显误解 |
[05:19] | Well, medicine, as you’re referring to it, | 好吧 你所提到的医疗 |
[05:21] | is about keeping people alive. | 是用来拯救人们生命的 |
[05:23] | Absent another theory, how else do we | 除了这个理论之外 |
[05:25] | account for the impossible extraction of this man’s heart ? | 我们还有别的什么办法来解释这颗离奇失踪的心脏吗 |
[05:28] | I don’t know. I have no idea. | 我不知道 我没有什么头绪 |
[05:31] | I mean, we have no evidence, no M.O. | 我的意思是 我们既没有证据 也找不到作案的动机 |
[05:33] | To speak of. This could be the perfect crime. | 这是一起完美的犯罪 |
[05:36] | Well, crime is only as | 完美的犯罪只存在于 |
[05:37] | perfect as the man or the mind that commits it. | 犯罪者的想像之中 |
[05:40] | Even if it were perfect, even if | 就算真的是完美的 |
[05:42] | he made not one mistake, there’s still his motive. | 就算他没有犯下一个错误 他还是有动机的 |
[05:44] | You find his motive and you find the murderer. | 你找到了作案动机 你就找到了凶手 |
[06:32] | That’s why I didn’t wanna come here, Kevin. | 这就是我不想来的原因了 凯文 |
[06:34] | I’m not even doing anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[06:36] | Well, you’re thinking about it. | 可是你想要做了 |
[06:37] | There’s a console between us. How much can I do ? | 这是我们之间必须要解决的 我到底可以做什么 |
[06:39] | You make it sound like I’m an attacker. | 你说得好像我是一个攻击者一样 |
[06:42] | Well, we talked about this. | 但是 我们讨论过这些了 |
[06:44] | I told you I loved you. | 我告诉过你我爱你 |
[06:47] | Oh, Kevin. | 喔 凯文 |
[07:02] | – There you go again. – What ? | -你又来了 -什么 |
[07:04] | That thing that you do. You know what. | 你做的好事呀 你知道我在说什么 |
[07:06] | – That’s the way I kiss, Maggie. – Well, I get the message. | -我就是这样接吻的呀 玛姬 -好 我知道了 |
[07:10] | – Where you going ? – I can’t talk to you. | -你上哪儿去 -我没法再跟你谈下去了 |
[07:12] | Maggie ! | 玛姬 |
[07:31] | Maggie ? | 玛姬 |
[07:34] | Maggie! | 玛姬 |
[07:38] | Maggie ! | 玛姬 |
[07:42] | Maggie, come on ! | 玛姬 出来吧 |
[08:01] | No ! | 不 |
[08:04] | No ! No ! | 不 不 |
[08:09] | No ! | 不 |
[08:30] | Scully. | 我是史考利 |
[08:31] | Glad I caught you. We got a third victim. | 嘿 史考利 很高兴找到你 我们有第三个受害者了 |
[08:34] | A 1 6-year-old kid out on Lover’s Lane. | 一个死在情人巷里的十六岁小孩 |
[08:37] | – Are you sure ? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -是的 |
[08:41] | I’m sure many a person’s had their | 我相信很多人在情人巷里心碎 |
[08:42] | heart broken out here, but not quite like this. | 但绝不是碎成这个样子 |
[08:44] | I was hoping you’d be here | 我希望你可以过来 |
[08:46] | to explain it in medical terms to the local P.D. | 用医学观点向当地警方解释一下 |
[08:49] | I’m not sure that I could. Did anybody see anybody ? | 我不确定我能解释 有没有什么人看到了什么 |
[08:52] | No, nothing. It’s like there’s | 不 没有 我是说 |
[08:54] | nowhere to start on this case. Nothing to ask. | 这件案子看起来无从下手 没什么可问的 |
[08:57] | Nothing to say. | 也没什么可说的 |
[08:59] | Well, there’s got to be something, Mulder. | 嗯 一定有线索的 穆德 |
[09:01] | Something about his victims– | 有关受害者的 |
[09:02] | why he chooses them, a pattern. | 为什么他选择他们 有一定的模式 |
[09:05] | So far there’s absolutely nothing. | 目前看来完全没有 史考利 |
[09:07] | It appears to be just a series of random attacks. | 这看起来像是随机的攻击 |
[09:11] | An envelope’s been slipped under your door. | 你的门缝下面被人塞了个信封 |
[09:13] | – Yeah ? From who ? – It’s unmarked. | -是吗 谁塞的 -上面没写 |
[09:25] | It’s some kind of a pendant. | 好像是某种挂饰 |
[09:27] | Like a charm. | 像是个护身符 |
[09:32] | Her prompt mind ran through the Golconda of possibilities. | 她敏捷的头脑思索着无数的可能性 |
[09:36] | Was this trinket from the killer? | 这是凶手的饰物吗 |
[09:39] | Was there a message contained in | 这个可疑的标记是否 |
[09:41] | its equivocal symbolism ? | 包含某种信息 |
[09:42] | Was he a religious fanatic who had, in fervid haste… | 他是个宗教狂热分子吗 |
[09:45] | licked the envelope, leaving the telltale D.N.A. | 他有没有在匆忙中舔了一下信封 |
[09:47] | That would begin his unraveling ? | 而留下了足以泄露他身份的DNA证据呢 |
[09:49] | She had a condign certainty the killer was a male, | 她几乎确定凶手是个男性 |
[09:52] | and now as she held the cold metal at her fingertips… | 现在 她把冰冷的金属紧握在她的手指中间 |
[09:55] | she imagined him doing the same, | 并且想像他也做着同样的动作 |
[09:57] | trying to picture his face. | 试图描绘出他的面孔 |
[09:58] | It would be a plain face, an average face– | 这可能是张平凡的脸 普通的脸 |
[10:02] | a face people would be prone to trust. | 一张容易使人信任的脸 |
[10:05] | She knew this inherently, being naturally trusting herself. | 她本能地知道了答案 并且自然地相信了自己的判断 |
[10:08] | But the image she conjured up | 但是她所想像的脸孔 |
[10:10] | was no better than the useless sketch composites… | 并不比那个弄乱了她的档案 |
[10:12] | that littered her files. | 的合成素描强多少 |
[10:14] | Preconsciously, she knew | 前意识地 她知道 |
[10:15] | this wasn’t her strength as an investigator. | 这不是她身为一个调查员的专长 |
[10:18] | She was a marshal of cold facts, | 她是冰冷事实的执行者 |
[10:20] | quick to organize, connect, shuffle, | 快速地组织 连接 整理 |
[10:24] | reorder and synthesize their | 重新排列组合它们之间 |
[10:25] | relative hard values into discreet categories. | 相对的确切价值 审慎地分类 |
[10:29] | Imprecision would only invite sexist criticism– | 不精确只会招致性别歧视的批评 |
[10:32] | that she was soft, malleable, | 说她软弱 柔顺 |
[10:35] | not up to her male counterparts. | 不及她的男性对手 |
[10:39] | Even now, as she pushed an | 即使现在 正当她把 |
[10:41] | errant strand of titian hair behind her ear, | 一缕橙红色的乱发顺到耳际之时 |
[10:45] | she worried her partner would | 她仍在担心她的搭档 |
[10:46] | know instinctively what she could only guess. | 会直觉地知道她所能做的只是猜测而已 |
[10:49] | To be thought of as simply | 被简单地想做 |
[10:50] | a beautiful woman was bridling– | 一个美丽的女人是被束缚的 |
[10:52] | unthinkable. | 是难以想像的 |
[10:54] | But she was beautiful, | 但是她的确美丽 |
[10:56] | fatally, stunningly prepossessing. | 致命地 令人窒息地美丽 |
[11:01] | Yet the compensatory respect she commanded… | 然而她因之而来所得到的尊重 |
[11:03] | only deepened the yearnings of her heart– | 只是加深了她内心的渴望 |
[11:06] | to let it open– | 希望自己能敞开心扉 |
[11:08] | to let someone in. | 让一个人进来 |
[11:17] | It’s called a milagro. | 这东西叫”米拉果” |
[11:19] | That’s the Spanish word for “Miracle. ” | 在西班牙语里的意思是”奇迹” |
[11:21] | – It’s worn as a lucky charm. – It came here for me ? | -用来当做幸运符带在身上的 -这是送给我的吗 |
[11:24] | It was dropped off at a | 是个男子送到接待处的 |
[11:26] | reception by a man in his late 20s, early 30s, | 20多岁 将近30 |
[11:28] | average looking, average build. | 普通外貌 中等身材 |
[11:31] | They weren’t able to get a good I.D. | 这些没办法识别出来者的身份 |
[11:33] | There are no fingerprints… | 上面没有指纹 |
[11:34] | and no D.N.A. From his saliva. | 唾液中也没有DNA |
[11:36] | I don’t think it’s the killer, Scully. | 我不认为这是凶手 史考利 |
[11:39] | Did you see that it’s a burning heart ? | 你没看到上面那颗燃烧的心吗 |
[11:41] | I see it has a burning heart. | 我是看到有颗燃烧的心 |
[11:42] | We’re dealing with a killer that leaves no clues. | 不过我们面对的是一个没有留下任何线索的凶手 |
[11:45] | Why would he do something as heavy-handed as this ? | 他为什么要做这种非常不明智的事情呢 |
[11:47] | Maybe it has something to do | 也许这跟他下一个受害者有关 |
[11:48] | with his next victim– maybe he’s taunting you. | 也许他是在嘲弄你 |
[11:51] | Maybe it’s not me at all. Maybe he sent it to you. | 也许根本就不是给我的 也许是送给你的 |
[11:56] | Maybe it’s a secret admirer. | 也许是个暗恋你的人喔 |
[11:59] | – I think I’ll check it out. – Actually, let me. | -我想我会查清楚的 -事实上 我来查吧 |
[12:02] | You’ve got a 9:00 a.M. With the D.C. Medical examiner. | 你早上9:00和特区法医官有约 |
[12:04] | He’s gonna let you autopsy the latest victim. | 他会让你解剖最近的那个受害者 |
[12:08] | Thank you for making my schedule, | 谢谢你帮我安排好日程表 |
[12:10] | but I think I’m gonna have to be late for that. | 不过我想这个约会我是会迟到的 |
[12:57] | I often come here to look at this painting. | 我常到这儿来看这幅画 |
[13:01] | It’s called “My Divine | 这幅画以圣玛 |
[13:02] | Heart” after the miracle of St. Margaret Mary. | 格丽特·玛丽的故事为名 叫做”我圣洁的心” |
[13:05] | Do you know the story– | 你知道这个故事吗 |
[13:07] | the revelation of the sacred heart ? | 神圣之心的启示 |
[13:11] | Christ came to Margaret Mary– his | 基督来到玛格丽特·玛丽面前 |
[13:12] | heart so inflamed with love that it was no longer able… | 他的心充满了爱的烈焰 |
[13:18] | to contain its burning flames of charity. | 以至于盛载不下博爱的火焰 |
[13:20] | Margaret Mary, | 玛格丽特·玛丽 |
[13:22] | so filled with divine love herself, | 心中满怀着圣洁的爱 |
[13:25] | asked the Lord to take her heart. | 请求主接受她的心 |
[13:28] | And so he did, placing it alongside his… | 他拿了 放到自己的心旁 |
[13:32] | until it burned with the flames of his passion. | 直到心以神爱的火焰燃烧 |
[13:36] | Then he restored it to Margaret Mary… | 然后他将心还给玛格丽特·玛丽 |
[13:40] | sealing her wound with the touch of his blessed hand. | 用他蒙恩的手触摸 封住了她的伤口 |
[13:43] | Why are you telling me this ? | 你为什么跟我说这些 |
[13:47] | You came here specifically to see this painting, didn’t you ? | 你到这里就是来看这幅画的 不是吗 |
[13:50] | Yes. How did you know that ? | 是的 你怎么知道的 |
[13:53] | I saw you enter. The way you knew right where it was. | 我看到你走进来 你是直接走到这幅画前面来的 |
[13:56] | I know you. | 我认识你 |
[13:59] | You live next to somebody I work with. | 你住在我同事的隔壁 |
[14:02] | Why are you following me ? | 你为什么跟踪我 |
[14:05] | I’m not. I’d only imagined that you’d come here today. | 我没有 我只是猜想你今天会到这里来 |
[14:10] | – Oh, you imagined it. – Yes. | -喔 你猜想的 -是的 |
[14:15] | I’m a writer. That’s what I do– | 我是个作家 我以此为生 |
[14:17] | imagine how people behave. | 想像人们的行为模式 |
[14:19] | I have to admit I’ve noticed you. | 我必须承认我早注意到你了 |
[14:22] | I do that– notice people. | 我总是这样 注意别人 |
[14:28] | I saw that you wear a gold cross around | 我看到你脖子上戴着一条金十字架项链 |
[14:29] | your neck so I was taking a chance with the painting– | 所以我抓住了这幅画的机会 |
[14:32] | explaining something you may have already known. | 跟你说这个或许你已经知道的故事 |
[14:35] | I saw Georgetown parking permits | 我看到你车上贴有乔治城 |
[14:37] | on your car dating from 1993… | 1993年发出的停车证 |
[14:39] | and a government exempt | 还有政府发的豁免证 |
[14:40] | sticker that lets you park anywhere you like. | 这让你可以把车停在任何地方 |
[14:43] | You don’t live in this area, but | 你不住在这区 |
[14:44] | as a federal employee you have reason to frequent it. | 但是身为一名联邦雇员你有理由经常出入此地 |
[14:48] | You’re fit with muscular calves, | 你的身材健美 |
[14:51] | so you must exercise or run. | 你一定经常运动或跑步 |
[14:54] | There’s a popular running route | 这附近有一条有名的慢跑步道 |
[14:55] | right nearby that you might use at lunch or after work. | 你可能在午休或下班后到这儿慢跑 |
[14:58] | You’d have noticed this church in passing, | 你经过时注意到了这个教堂 |
[15:01] | and though parking is always a problem | 尽管在这一城区停车 |
[15:03] | in this part of town, | 总是个麻烦事 |
[15:04] | your special privileges would make it easy to visit, | 但是你的特权让你可以经常来这儿 |
[15:07] | not as a place of worship, | 不是来礼拜 |
[15:09] | but because you have an | 而是因为你欣赏 |
[15:11] | appreciation for architecture and the arts. | 这里的建筑和艺术 |
[15:13] | And while the grandeur | 而你今天来这里 |
[15:16] | is what you take away from your visit, | 的主要原因 |
[15:18] | this painting’s religious symbolism | 是因为这幅画 |
[15:20] | would have left a subconscious impression… | 留给你的下意识的宗教意像 |
[15:22] | jogged by the gift you received this morning. | 被今早你所收到的礼物所勾起 |
[15:26] | That was from you ? | 那是你送的 |
[15:28] | I have to admit to a secret attraction. | 我必须承认我暗恋你 |
[15:33] | I’m sorry I didn’t include a | 很抱歉 |
[15:34] | note explaining that, but you didn’t know me then. | 我没有留字条解释 不过你当时还不认识我 |
[15:38] | And I don’t know you now, and I don’t care to. | 对 现在我还是不认识你 而且也不想 |
[15:42] | I see this is making you uncomfortable, | 我知道这让你很不舒服 |
[15:44] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[15:47] | It’s just that I’m taken with you. | 只是 我被你迷住了 |
[15:51] | That never happens to me. | 这是我以前从来没有经历过的 |
[15:56] | We’re alike that way. | 我们在这方面很像 |
[16:20] | You weren’t joking about being late. | 原来你说迟到不是开玩笑的 |
[16:22] | I was about to start slicing and dicing myself. | 我差点就要自己动手切切剁剁的了 |
[16:25] | – I’m sorry. – Where were you ? | -对不起 -你去哪儿了 |
[16:28] | I was doing some research, | 我去做了些调查 |
[16:30] | and learning that I owe you an apology. | 结果发现我应该向你道歉 |
[16:33] | – For what ? – The milagro charm. | -为什么 -那个米拉果幸运符 |
[16:37] | You were right about its insignificance. | 你是对的 那是无关紧要的 |
[16:40] | I think I was wrong. I think it’s very significant. | 不 我想我错了 我认为它非常重要 |
[16:43] | It may be a communication from the killer. | 我想它可能是凶手送来的讯号 |
[16:46] | Most of my research shows that | 我的大多数研究表明 |
[16:47] | most credible practitioners with psychic surgery… | 最可信的灵媒手术者 |
[16:50] | believe themselves to be imbued with the Holy Spirit– | 多半相信自己是充满了圣灵的 |
[16:53] | that their hands become the miracle tools of God. | 他们的手是上帝创造神迹的工具 |
[16:56] | Mulder, this is nothing more than a tool… | 穆德 这个只不过是 |
[17:00] | used by a lovelorn Romeo who | 一个单相思的罗密欧的工具 |
[17:01] | just happens to be your next-door neighbor. | 碰巧的是 他正好是你的邻居 |
[17:03] | – Who, the writer ? – Yes. | -谁 那个作家 -对 |
[17:07] | My secret admirer… | 暗恋我的人 |
[17:09] | who claims to know the mysteries of my heart. | 他说他知道我心中的秘密 |
[17:12] | – You’re kidding. – I wish I were. | -你在开玩笑 -不 我倒希望是个玩笑 |
[17:14] | He cornered me today and told me my life story. | 他今天拦住我 告诉我有关我的生活的故事 |
[17:16] | It was kind of frightening, actually. | 事实上 这有点可怕 |
[17:21] | Is he our killer ? | 他是我们的凶手吗 |
[17:23] | No. | 不是 |
[17:25] | “Frightening” as in too much information | “可怕”的是他告诉了我太多的 |
[17:28] | and intimate detail. | 非常稳私的事情 |
[17:29] | What kills you is his audacity. | 让人受不了的是他的鲁莽 |
[17:34] | Did you get his name ? | 你知道他的名字吗 |
[17:37] | No, but that shouldn’t be too hard to find out, should it ? | 不知道 不过这应该不难查出来 是不是 |
[18:53] | I’m sorry. I forgot your name. | 对不起 我忘了你的名字了 |
[18:56] | – Padgett. – Padgett. | -派杰特 -派杰特 |
[18:58] | – Phillip Padgett. – You’re a writer. | -菲利浦·派杰特 -你是作家 |
[19:02] | – Anything I’d know ? – I don’t think so. | -有什么我知道的吗 -我想没有 |
[19:20] | You’re an F.B.I. Agent. | 你是联邦探员 |
[19:23] | Working on anything interesting ? | 在办什么有趣的案件吗 |
[19:26] | A murder case. | 一起凶杀案 |
[19:28] | Anything I’d know ? | 有什么我知道的吗 |
[19:32] | Possibly. | 可能吧 |
[19:38] | The overture in the church | 在教堂中 |
[19:39] | had urged the beautiful agent’s partner… | 上演的序曲迫使美丽探员的搭档 |
[19:41] | into an act of Hegelian self-justification. | 开始了黑格尔式的自我辨护 |
[19:45] | Expeditiously violating the Fourth Amendment | 他敏捷地违反了第四修正案 |
[19:47] | against mail theft, | 当起了偷信贼 |
[19:48] | he prepared to impudently infract the First. | 还随时可能犯下第一条 |
[19:56] | But if she’d predictably aroused | 但是如果说她一如既往地引发了 |
[19:59] | her sly partner’s suspicions, | 她狡猾搭档的疑心的话 |
[20:00] | Special Agent Dana Scully had herself… | 特别探员丹娜·史考利她自己 |
[20:04] | become simply aroused. | 也开始兴奋起来了 |
[20:07] | All morning the stranger’s unsolicited compliments… | 整个早上 来自陌生人由衷的赞美 |
[20:10] | had played on the dampened strings of her instrument… | 拔动着她抑郁的心弦 |
[20:13] | until the middle “C”of | 并在她内心深处 |
[20:14] | consciousness was struck square and resonant. | 引起了阵阵共鸣 |
[20:17] | She was flattered. | 她受宠若惊 |
[20:20] | His words had presented her a pretty picture of herself, | 他的话向她展示了她美丽的一面 |
[20:23] | quite unlike the practiced mask of uprightness… | 跟她展示给那些验尸官和 |
[20:26] | that mirrored back to her from | 调查员这些执法人员的 |
[20:28] | the medical examiners and the investigators… | 正直 老练的假面具完全不同 |
[20:30] | and all the lawmen who dared no such utterances. | 他们不敢这样跟她说话 |
[20:33] | She felt an involuntary flush… | 她不自觉地脸红 |
[20:36] | and rebuked herself for the girlish indulgence. | 并且为她少女般的沉迷而斥责自己 |
[20:41] | But the images came perforce and she let them play– | 但那影像越来越清晰 她任其发展 |
[20:45] | let them flood in like savory… | 任其泛滥 |
[20:47] | or more a sugary confection from her adolescence… | 就像少女时代的爱情一样美味和甘甜 |
[20:49] | when her senses were new and | 那时 她的感觉还没有被 |
[20:52] | ungoverned by fear and self-denial. | 恐惧和自我克制所统治 |
[20:55] | Ache. Pang. | 隐痛 阵痛 |
[20:58] | Prick. Twinge. | 刺痛 剧痛 |
[21:01] | How ironic the Victorian | 这些维多利亚时代的 |
[21:03] | vocabulary of behavioral pathology… | 行为病理学词汇 |
[21:05] | now so perfectly described | 正好可以完美地形容 |
[21:06] | the palpations of her own desire. | 她自己的欲望 |
[21:09] | The stranger had looked her in the eye… | 陌生人看着她的眼睛 |
[21:11] | and knew her more completely than she knew herself. | 比她自己更完整地了解她自己 |
[21:15] | She felt wild, feral, | 她感觉到野性 狂放 |
[21:18] | guilty as a criminal. | 感觉就像犯罪一般 |
[21:20] | Had the stranger unleashed in her what was already there, | 这个陌生人是不是释放了她内心的想法 |
[21:24] | or only helped her discover a | 或者只是帮她发掘出 |
[21:26] | landscape she by necessity blinded herself to ? | 因为需要而隐藏起来的真实自己呢 |
[21:30] | What would her partner think of her? | 她的搭档会怎么想她呢 |
[21:52] | Mr. Popularity. | 真受欢迎呀 |
[22:52] | Hi. I, um– | 嗨 我 呃 |
[22:55] | I was going next door and I thought that I’d return this. | 我是要到隔壁去的 不过我想把这个还给你 |
[22:58] | Why ? | 为什么 |
[23:01] | Because I can’t return the gesture. | 因为我不能接受你的好意 |
[23:05] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[23:08] | You’re curious about me. | 你对我是好奇的 |
[23:22] | You don’t have any furniture. | 你没什么家俱 |
[23:24] | I have what I need. | 我需要的都有了 |
[23:27] | I write at my desk. I sleep in my bed. | 写作我有桌子 睡觉我有床 |
[23:29] | – You don’t eat ? – I live in my head. | -你不吃东西吗 -我活在我的头脑中 |
[23:35] | – Writing your books ? – Yes. | -在写你的书 -对 |
[23:38] | Anything I’d know ? | 有什么我知道的吗 |
[23:40] | No. They’re all failures, | 没有 都是失败的作品 |
[23:43] | except the one I’m working on now. | 除了我现在正在写的 |
[23:48] | – I think I’m getting it right. – Why now all of a sudden ? | -我想我找对了方向 -怎么会突然就找到了 |
[23:51] | Best not to question it. | 最好别去追究 |
[23:56] | See ? | 看吧 |
[23:58] | You are curious about me. | 你对我很好奇 |
[24:00] | Well, you lead a curious life. | 你过着让人好奇的生活 |
[24:02] | It’s not so different from yours, I imagine. | 我想 这跟你的生活没什么不同 |
[24:06] | Lonely. | 孤独 |
[24:13] | Loneliness is a choice. | 孤独是一种选择 |
[24:16] | So, how about a cup of coffee ? | 那么 来杯咖啡如何 |
[24:58] | – My life’s not so lonely, Mister, uh– – Padgett. | -我的生活没那么孤独 呃 贵姓 -派杰特 |
[25:04] | It’s actually anything but. | 其实一点也不 |
[25:07] | How is it you think you know me so well, | 你为什么认为你对我很了解 |
[25:10] | -Mr. Padgett ? – I’m writing about you. | -派杰特先生 -我在写你 |
[25:12] | Right. | 是呀 |
[25:18] | – Since when ? – Since I first noticed you. | -从什么时候开始 -从我第一次注意到你 |
[25:21] | You live in my old neighborhood. | 你住在我以前的住处附近 |
[25:25] | And you moved into this building by coincidence ? | 你是碰巧搬到这栋公寓里来的 |
[25:28] | No. | 不是 |
[25:30] | You moved here because of me ? | 你是因为我而搬过来的 |
[25:32] | There wasn’t anything available in your building, | 你住的那栋公寓已经没有空房了 |
[25:35] | and it’s not like you spent a lot of time at home. | 而且你也不经常在家 |
[25:38] | I should have said something, | 我应该说点什么的 |
[25:40] | but I just couldn’t get it all down fast enough. | 不过我没办法那么快把所有的事安顿好 |
[25:43] | To really write someone, I have to be in their head. | 真的要写一个人 我必须要进入他们的头脑 |
[25:45] | I have to know them more completely than | 我必须比他们自己更完全地 |
[25:48] | they know themselves. | 了解他们自己 |
[25:50] | – This is all about me ? – You’re an important part. | -这些全都是写我的 -你是个重要的角色 |
[25:56] | – May I read it ? – It’s not finished. | -我可以看吗 -我还没写完 |
[25:59] | I can’t tell you how helpful it is | 我无法告诉你你在这里 |
[26:00] | having you here– being able to talk with you like this. | 能像这样跟你谈话 对我有多大的帮助 |
[26:04] | Would you sit and stay a minute ? | 你可以坐下来呆一会儿吗 |
[26:07] | You don’t have anywhere to sit. | 你这里没有地方可坐 |
[26:20] | – I’m due next door. – You haven’t finished your coffee. | -我该到隔壁去了 -你还没喝完你的咖啡 |
[26:26] | I’m very uncomfortable with this. | 我觉得这样让我很不舒服 |
[26:31] | Why ? You’re armed, | 为什么 你有枪 |
[26:33] | aren’t you ? | 不是吗 |
[26:38] | Imagine that. | 谁想得到 |
[26:44] | I’ll get a bulb. | 我去拿灯泡 |
[27:03] | A view only a writer can appreciate. | 只有一个作家才能欣赏的风景 |
[27:14] | If you know me so well, | 如果你这么了解我 |
[27:15] | then why am I standing here when my instincts… | 那为什么我的直觉叫我走 |
[27:18] | tell me to go ? | 而我却仍然站在这儿呢 |
[27:20] | Motive is never easy. | 动机不是简单的事 |
[27:24] | Sometimes it occurs to one only later. | 有时只有事后才会想到 |
[27:31] | Please. | 请 |
[27:33] | Sit. | 请坐 |
[27:54] | Imagine that. | 你想得到吗 |
[28:22] | Mulder ! | 穆德 |
[28:24] | – Scully. – What are you doing ? | -史考利 -你在干什么 |
[28:26] | You all right ? | 你没事吧 |
[28:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:37] | Mulder ? | 穆德 |
[28:41] | What are you doing ? | 你在干嘛 |
[28:47] | Putting this man under arrest. | 逮捕这个人 |
[29:11] | Yes, I’ve seen this paper. | 是的 我看过这份报纸 |
[29:13] | Yeah. That’s how you found your victims– in the personals. | 是的 你就是这样寻找你的受害者的 在人事栏里 |
[29:18] | – They all took out personal ads. – They were lovers. | -他们都登过人事广告 -他们是情侣 |
[29:21] | – And you targeted them. – I only write about them. | -所以你就以他们为目标 -我只是写了他们 |
[29:24] | – No, you targeted– – Mulder. | -不 你盯上他们 -穆德 |
[29:27] | Not without his lawyer. | 等他的律师来再问 |
[29:28] | I don’t need a lawyer. I’m telling the truth. | 我用不着律师 我说的都是实话 |
[29:31] | And this is your confession ? | 这是你的口供 |
[29:40] | No, that’s my novel. | 不 这是我的小说 |
[29:42] | It’s all in there– every detail, | 全部都在里面–每一个细节 |
[29:44] | every murder, all laid out. | 每一件谋杀 所有的经过 |
[29:47] | How’d you do it, Mr. Padgett ? | 你是怎么做到的 派杰特先生 |
[29:49] | If I sit long enough, it just comes to me. | 只要我坐得够久 这些就浮现在我头脑里了 |
[29:52] | The murders. | 我是说谋杀 |
[29:52] | I only knew what was in my mind | 我只知道我头脑里想的是什么 |
[29:54] | and wished to express it clearly. | 只是希望能清楚地表达出来 |
[29:56] | How about the “Stranger” ? Is that you ? | 那个”陌生人”呢 是你吗 |
[30:00] | How about Ken Naciamento ? | 那个肯·纳夏曼多又是谁 |
[30:01] | The self-proclaimed Brazilian psychic surgeon ? | 那个自称是灵媒手术师的巴西人 |
[30:05] | – Is that your accomplice ? – I guess you could say that. | -他是你的同谋吗 -我想你可以这么说 |
[30:08] | – He’s a central character. – Did you direct him to do it ? | -他是书中的中心人物 -是你指示他这么做的 |
[30:10] | Jungians say it’s the characters | 荣格学派(Jungians)认为 |
[30:12] | who choose the writer, not the other way around. | 是角色选择了作者 而不是反过来 |
[30:15] | So I guess you could argue he directed me. | 所以我想你也可以说是他指示我的 |
[30:20] | Which is the truth ? | 哪个才是真的 |
[30:22] | By their nature, words are imprecise | 文字在本质上是不精确的 |
[30:24] | and layered with meaning. | 具有层层的意义 |
[30:25] | The signs of things, not the things themselves. | 是事物的符号 不是事物的本身 |
[30:29] | It’s difficult to say who’s in charge. | 很难去说是谁在主导 |
[30:34] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[30:43] | Why, Mr. Padgett ? | 为什么 派杰特先生 |
[30:45] | Maybe that’s a question you can answer. | 也许这是你能够回答的问题 |
[30:49] | That’s the one question I can’t. | 这个问题我无法回答 |
[30:56] | Agent Mulder, my book– | 穆德探员 我的书 |
[30:58] | did you like it ? | 你喜欢吗 |
[31:01] | Maybe if it were fiction. | 也许 如果真是小说的话 |
[31:08] | Mulder, where are you going ? | 穆德 你要去哪儿 |
[31:09] | To find his accomplice, the Brazilian psychic surgeon. | 去找他的同谋 那个巴西的灵媒手术师 |
[31:13] | I did that. That’s what I’ve been doing. | 我查过了 我刚刚就是在做这件事 |
[31:17] | Dr. Ken Naciamento, Sao Paulo, Brazil. | 肯·纳夏曼多医生 巴西圣保罗人 |
[31:19] | Emigrated here in 1996. | 1996年移民到此 |
[31:22] | – Where is he now? – He’s dead. | -他现在在哪儿 -已经死了 |
[31:24] | – Can’t be. – Two years dead. | -这不可能 -死了两年了 |
[31:26] | I’m having them fax a certificate of death. | 穆德 我已经让他们把死亡证明传过来了 |
[31:29] | Padgett couldn’t have done this alone. | 不可能是派杰特单独做的 |
[31:31] | Maybe he didn’t do it at all. | 也许根本不是他做的 |
[31:32] | Scully, it’s all on the page. How else would he know it ? | 史考利 全都写在纸上 不然他怎么会知道的 |
[31:36] | Maybe he imagined it, like he said. | 也许就像他说的 全是他想像的 |
[31:39] | Like Shakespeare or Freud or Jung. | 就像莎士比亚 或者弗洛依德 或者荣格 |
[31:42] | I mean, maybe– maybe he has some gift… | 我是说 也许 也许他有这样的天赋 |
[31:45] | and he has a clear window into human nature. | 他可以清楚地看透人性 |
[31:48] | No one can tell you what another person’s gonna do. | 没人可以预测人类的行为 |
[31:50] | No one can predict human behavior. | 没有人可以说出其他人想要干什么 |
[31:51] | Isn’t that what you do, Mulder, as a behavioral profiler ? | 这不正是你作为一个行为侧写员要做的事情吗 穆德 |
[31:54] | You imagine the killer’s mind | 你想像杀手的思维方式 |
[31:56] | so well you know what they’re gonna do next. | 然后就能预测他们下一步的行动 |
[31:58] | If he imagines it, it’s a priori, before the fact. | 如果真是他想像的 在事实之前 那他就是先知 |
[32:01] | I think that’s pretty clear from what he wrote about you. | 我想这一点从他对你的描写就能很清楚地看出来 |
[32:05] | You know you’re in here, don’t you ? | 你知道你在书里 是吗 |
[32:07] | Yeah. I read a chapter. | 我读过一章 |
[32:12] | What does he say ? | 他怎么说的 |
[32:14] | Well, let’s just say it ends with | 呃 结尾就是 |
[32:16] | you doing the naked pretzel with the “Stranger”… | 你光溜溜地和那个”陌生人” |
[32:19] | on a bed in an unfurnished fourth floor apartment. | 在四楼的一个没有家俱的公寓的床上翻云覆雨 |
[32:25] | I’m assuming that’s a priori too ? | 我想那也是先知吧 |
[32:28] | I think you know me better than that, Mulder. | 我想你对我的了解比这深吧 穆德 |
[32:32] | Well– | 嗯 |
[32:37] | Well, you might wanna finish it. | 也许你想看完它 |
[32:59] | Prisoner’s written something I think you should see. | 犯人写了一些东西 我想你应该看看 |
[33:03] | What is it ? | 是什么 |
[33:05] | He says it’s a statement, | 他说这是个申明 |
[33:07] | but I think he’s putting somebody on. | 我想他是想引起某人的注意 |
[33:14] | “Grief squeezed at her eggshell heart… | “忧伤挤压着她那脆弱的心 |
[33:17] | “Like it might break into a thousand pieces. | “就好像它会碎裂成千万个碎片 |
[33:20] | “Its contents running like broken promises… | “里面流淌着失信的诺言 |
[33:23] | “Into the hollow places his love used to fill. | “注入到曾经被他的爱填满的空洞 |
[33:27] | “How could she know this pain would end? | “她怎样才能知道这样的痛苦将会结束 |
[33:30] | “That love, unlike matter or energy, | “而爱情 不像物质或是能量 |
[33:33] | “Was an endless supply in the universe– | “而是宇宙中无尽的供应– |
[33:36] | “A germ which grows from nothingness | “是由虚无中 |
[33:38] | which cannot be eradicated, | 生长出来的芽苞 |
[33:40] | “Even from the darkest of hearts. | “即使在最黑暗的心里也无法被扑灭 |
[33:43] | “If she had known this, | “如果她早就知道这些– |
[33:45] | and who could say she would believe it, | 谁又能说她一定会相信– |
[33:47] | “She would not have chanced | “她就不会在 |
[33:49] | to remain at his sad grave until such an hour… | 他哀戚的墓前逗留到如此的深夜 |
[33:52] | “So that she might not have | “这样她就可能不会知道 |
[33:53] | to learn the second truth before the first: | 随着前一个事实而来的另一个事实: |
[33:55] | “That to have love… | “拥有爱 |
[33:58] | “Was to carry a vessel that could be lost | “就像是带着一个器皿 可能遗失 |
[34:00] | or stolen or worse– | 可能遭窃 可能更糟– |
[34:03] | “Spilled blood-red on the ground. | “溢出的鲜血会染红大地 |
[34:06] | “And that love was not immutable. | “而且爱也不是永不改变的 |
[34:08] | “It could become hate as day becomes night– | “它可能转化成恨 就好像由日转夜 |
[34:12] | as life becomes death. ” | 就好像由生入死” |
[34:56] | She’s a no-show at home or anywhere else she might go. | 她不在家 也没在任何她可能去的地方出现 |
[34:59] | No signs of a possible struggle at the grave site, | 墓园里也没有任何挣扎过的痕迹 |
[35:02] | but the area’s been so trammeled by the | 不过这个地方举行过太多的葬礼了 |
[35:04] | funeral that collecting evidence is gonna be impossible. | 要在这里搜集到证据是不可能的 |
[35:07] | I think this is a big jerk off. | 我想我们被耍了 |
[35:10] | Maybe his statement’s to prove he’s | 也许他的申明是要证明 |
[35:12] | telling the truth– that he truly just imagined it. | 他说的都是真的–一切都是他想像出来的 穆德 |
[35:14] | The only thing that he imagined was us out here… | 他唯一能想像得到的 是我们俩会站在这里 |
[35:21] | looking like idiots. | 就像白痴一样 |
[35:29] | Hands where I can see ’em ! | 把手放在我能看到的地方 |
[35:31] | Don’t move until I tell you ! | 别动 除非我让你动 |
[35:33] | – I’m a federal agent. – Mulder, that’s not him. | -我是联邦探员 -穆德 不是他 |
[35:37] | – What’d I do ? – Mulder ! | -什么 我做了什么 -穆德 |
[35:39] | Check the truck, Scully. | 卡车 检查一下卡车 史考利 |
[35:41] | Mulder, he works here. | 穆德 他在这里工作 |
[36:19] | How did you know, Mulder, | 你怎么知道的 穆德 |
[36:21] | that the body was in the truck ? | 那个尸体会在卡车上 |
[36:23] | I imagined it. | 我想像出来的 |
[36:25] | It’s still no evidence that Padgett directed the killer. | 还是没有证据证明是派杰特指使凶手这么做的 |
[36:28] | What do you need, a signed work order ? | 你还想要什么 一分书面的通知单 |
[36:30] | Of course he directed him. | 当然是他指使的 |
[36:31] | Mulder, you are making critical assumptions | 穆德 你做的这种假设 |
[36:33] | without any facts. | 完全没有事实证据 |
[36:34] | What about time of death ? What about– | 死亡时间怎么办 还有 |
[36:37] | What are you doing ? | 你要干什么 |
[36:38] | You’re about to argue my usual side, aren’t you ? | 你打算讨论我平时的做法了 是不是 |
[36:41] | Why couldn’t he have imagined it ? | 穆德 为什么就不能是他想像的 |
[36:42] | Why couldn’t he be in the killer’s head ? | 为什么他就不能知道杀手的想法 |
[36:44] | You read what he wrote about you. | 你看过他的书 你看到他是怎么写你的 |
[36:46] | Are you trying to tell me he got inside your head ? | 你是不是想告诉我他也知道你的想法 |
[36:49] | – That what I read is true ? – Mulder, of course not. | -他写的那些都是真的 -穆德 当然不是 |
[36:51] | I don’t know how they communicate. | 我不知道他们是如何联系的 |
[36:53] | This is the only way I can think to catch him. | 这是我唯一可以想到的抓他的办法 |
[37:00] | Mr. Padgett ? | 派杰特先生 |
[37:03] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[37:05] | We apologize for our mistake. | 我们为所犯下的错误道歉 |
[37:07] | You’re free to finish your book. | 你可以去完成你的书了 |
[37:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:17] | I made a mistake myself. | 我自己也犯了个错误 |
[37:20] | What’s that, Mr. Padgett ? | 什么错误 派杰特先生 |
[37:23] | In my book, | 在我的书里 |
[37:24] | I’d written that Agent Scully falls in love, | 我写道史考利探员会坠入爱河 |
[37:27] | but that’s obviously impossible. | 但这显然是不可能的 |
[37:29] | Agent Scully is already in love. | 史考利探员已经在恋爱了 |
[38:14] | What are you doing here ? | 你怎么会在这里 |
[38:26] | You seem surprised to see me. | 你见到我好像很吃惊 |
[38:28] | Yes, completely. | 是的 非常吃惊 |
[38:30] | Why ? I’m your character. | 为什么 我是你的书中的角色 |
[38:34] | What do you want ? | 你想干什么 |
[38:36] | I’m here to help you finish. | 我来帮你完成你的小说 |
[38:38] | I can’t figure out your motive. | 我没办法想出你的动机 |
[38:41] | You imagine me so perfectly in every way– | 你把我的每个方面都想像得很完美 |
[38:44] | so perfectly that you bring me to life. | 完美地让我有了生命 |
[38:47] | Why did you choose me ? | 为什么你要选择我 |
[38:49] | I needed a perfect crime. | 我需要一个完美的犯罪 |
[38:52] | And she’s a doctor. | 而她 她是医生 |
[38:54] | She’d be horrified by what you do. | 她会对你所做的事感到恐惧 |
[38:56] | I’m horrified. | 我是很恐惧 |
[38:59] | I just want to know why I do it. | 我只是想知道为什么我要做这些 |
[39:01] | So I could meet her. | 因为我想认识她 |
[39:07] | That’s not a reason. | 这不是理由 |
[39:15] | It’s an excuse. | 这是借口 |
[39:23] | – Anything ? – No, he’s just sitting there. | -怎么样 -他只是坐在那里 |
[39:27] | Staring. | 发呆 |
[39:34] | Now what is this ? | 这又是什么 |
[39:36] | A big mistake. I misjudged her character, | 一个大错误 我误判了她的性格 |
[39:38] | her interest in me. | 以为她会对我感兴趣 |
[39:41] | Now we’re on to something. | 现在我们有事可做了 |
[39:43] | She’s only trying to get his attention, | 她只是想引起他的注意而已 |
[39:45] | but doesn’t know it. | 不过她自己并不知道 |
[39:46] | Mm-hmm. The old unconscious at work. | 嗯 潜意识这个老家伙又在做怪了 |
[39:49] | I wanted to love her. | 我想要去爱她 |
[39:52] | No wonder you can’t finish this book, Padgett. | 难怪你完成不了你的小说 派杰特 |
[39:56] | Why do I want their hearts ? | 为什么我要挖他们的心 |
[39:58] | You tell me. Why do you do it ? | 你告诉我 你为什么要这么做 |
[40:00] | I’m your character. You tell me. | 我是你的人物 应该你告诉我 |
[40:04] | – My reason is your reason. – I want to feel love. | -我的理由就是你的理由 -我想要感受爱情 |
[40:08] | Mmm– No. No. | 不 不 |
[40:12] | You had it right up to there. | 你是没法承受爱的 |
[40:14] | You were a tool of the truth. | 你是真相的工具 |
[40:17] | And when it finally arrives– when I arrive, | 当爱来临时 当我来到时 |
[40:20] | you don’t want to see it. | 你却不敢去正视 |
[40:23] | But what is the truth ? | 可是真相是什么 |
[40:27] | Man imagines that he too… | 人类想像他自己 |
[40:30] | can open up his heart and expose the burning passion– | 也能敞开心扉 展露炽热的激情和 |
[40:33] | the flames of charity. | 慈爱的火焰 |
[40:36] | Like the creator himself, | 就像造物主本身 |
[40:39] | but… this is not in his power. | 但是这不是他所能控制的 |
[40:42] | But I have love in my heart. | 但是我的心中的确有爱 |
[40:45] | Yes, as a thief has riches, | 是的 就像小偷拥有财富 |
[40:48] | a usurer, money. You have it ! | 就像放高利贷的人拥有金钱 你是有爱 |
[40:52] | But man’s only power– only true power… | 但是人类拥有的唯一力量–唯一真实的力量 |
[40:57] | is to destroy it. | 就是毁灭 |
[40:59] | Then what’s the end of my story ? | 那我的故事的结局会是什么 |
[41:05] | There can only be one true ending… | 只有一个真正的结局 |
[41:09] | if it is to be perfect. | 如果这个结局是完美的话 |
[41:14] | She dies ? | 她要死 |
[41:17] | See ? | 明白了 |
[41:19] | It almost writes itself. | 故事自己就能发展下去 |
[41:41] | What’s he up to now ? | 他现在在做什么 |
[41:44] | He just started typing again. | 他只是又开始打字了 |
[41:54] | Now what ? | 又怎么了 |
[42:03] | Anything ? | 看到了吗 |
[42:23] | Padgett! Freeze. | 派杰特 别动 |
[42:27] | Step away from the incinerator. | 从焚化炉边走开 |
[42:42] | What do you think you’re doing ? | 你认为自己在做什么 |
[42:44] | Destroying my book. | 毁掉我的书 |
[42:45] | Destroying evidence, you mean. | 你是说毁掉证据 |
[42:48] | Let me see what you wrote. | 让我看你写了什么 |
[42:50] | I’ll tell you. He kills her. | 我告诉你 他会杀了她 |
[43:04] | You came down here to | 你到这里是来 |
[43:05] | give these instructions to your accomplice ? | 把这些指示交给你的同谋的 |
[43:08] | – No, he told me how it ends. – When ? | -不 是他告诉我要这样结尾的 -什么时候 |
[43:11] | – In my apartment. – You were alone up there. | -在我的公寓 -你是一个人在房里的 |
[44:20] | A story can have only one true ending. | 一个故事只有一个真实的结局 |
[44:23] | Even as the stranger felt | 即使陌生人 |
[44:25] | compelled to commit his final words to paper, | 是被迫要写下结尾 |
[44:27] | he did it knowing they must never be read. | 他知道写下的一定不能让人看到 |
[44:30] | To see the sum of his work was | 看着他的作品 |
[44:30] | to see inside his own emptiness– | 就像是看到他自己内心的空虚– |
[44:32] | the heart of a destroyer, not a creator. | 他是个毁灭者 而不是创造者 |
[44:36] | And yet reflected back upon him, | 然而最后反映到他身上的 |
[44:38] | at last he could see his own ending. | 是他看到了自己的结局 |
[44:40] | And in this final act of destruction… | 在最后的毁灭行为中 |
[44:43] | a chance to give what he could not receive. | 他有了一个机会 去付出他无法承受的事物 |