时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | 罗斯威尔 新墨西哥州 7月2日 1947年 | |
[00:17] | Play ball! | 开始 |
[00:27] | Oh, come on! | 噢 见鬼 |
[00:30] | Ball four ! Take your base ! | 四坏球 上垒 |
[00:36] | That’s it, Moose ! You’re gettin’ close now. | 对了 姆斯 差不多了 |
[00:38] | Bring it, son. | 加油 |
[00:38] | Moose couldn’t find the plate if you nailed it to his ass. | 要是把本垒钉在姆斯屁股上 他就找不到了 |
[00:41] | Shut your pie hole, Piney. The kid’s gotta learn. | 闭嘴 派尼 这小伙子需要练习 |
[00:44] | Come straight over the top ! | 使出全速 姆斯 |
[00:46] | Straight over the top ! Come on ! | 使出全速 加油 |
[00:47] | Hot damn. Exley’s up. | 要命 艾斯里上场了 |
[00:52] | Back up ! Exley’s up ! Back up ! | 退后 艾斯里上场了 退后 |
[01:01] | You sure your boy got the | 你确定你的队友 |
[01:02] | right prescription in those spectacles ? | 那副眼镜配得准吗 |
[01:04] | Oh, don’t worry, Ex. See, I told him to throw it… | 喔 别担心 艾斯里 我会让他把球 |
[01:06] | right at your big, nappy, home run-hittin’ head. | 投到你这个全垒王的脑袋上的 |
[01:09] | So you can bet a hundred | 你可以赌一百块 |
[01:10] | clams that ball’s goin’anywhere but there. | 球绝对到不了那儿 |
[01:18] | – All the way! – Foul ! Foul ball ! Foul ! | -看球 -界外 界外球 界外 |
[01:22] | Foul ball! | 界外球 |
[01:59] | Ball ! | 坏球 |
[02:02] | Moose, straight over the top! | 姆斯 使出全速 |
[02:04] | Straight over the top ! | 使出全速 |
[02:05] | – Over the top! – Hey, Ex, | -全速 -嘿 艾斯 |
[02:08] | I heard the Yankees been callin’ you. | 我听说杨基队在邀请你 |
[02:10] | I’m fine playin’ here in the Cactus Leagues. | 我在仙人掌联盟打得挺好 |
[02:13] | Nice and quiet. | 安安静静的 |
[02:20] | Ball ! Leave the cactus alone, son ! | 坏球 放过仙人掌吧 小伙子 |
[02:24] | I don’t know, Ex. | 我不知道 艾斯 |
[02:26] | The Yanks could use those 60 home runs a year. | 杨基队每年需要60支全垒打呢 |
[02:28] | Now thatJackie Robinson’s up there in the bigs, | 现在那个杰姬·鲁宾逊在大联盟大红大紫 |
[02:30] | people are sayin’ you’re gonna be next. | 人们都说你是下一个 |
[02:32] | The first black Negro man of color in the American League. | 美国大联盟中的第一个黑人 |
[02:36] | Shoot, Ex, you’ll be famous, man. | 喔 艾斯 你要出名了 老兄 |
[02:38] | I don’t wanna be no famous man. I just wanna be a man. | 我不想做名人 我只想做个人 |
[02:43] | Over the top ! Over the top ! | 全速 全速 |
[02:52] | It’s a good one! | 界内球 |
[02:57] | Fair ball ! Home run ! Home run ! | 好球 全垒打 全垒打 |
[03:01] | Sixty-one. | 第61个 |
[03:24] | Hey, what’s that ? | 嘿 那是什么 |
[03:39] | What do you boys want ? | 你们想怎么样 |
[03:41] | We’re just playin’ a baseball game here. | 我们只是在打棒球 |
[03:42] | We got no beef with you, sir. | 我们跟各位无冤无仇 |
[03:44] | It’s that black Babe Ruth hidin’ behind you. | 那个躲在你们后面的黑人球王 |
[03:46] | Josh Exley. That’s all we come for. | 约书亚·艾斯 那是我们来这儿的原因 |
[03:48] | Well, you can’t have him. | 你们别想碰他 |
[03:50] | We heard the Yankees want to let a little nigger play ball ! | 我听说场基队想让小黑鬼打球 |
[03:54] | So we just figured we | 我们只是想 |
[03:55] | gotta play with him a little bit some first. | 我们应该先跟他玩玩 |
[03:58] | And all you niggers and nigger lovers… | 你们这些黑鬼和喜欢黑鬼的家伙 |
[04:02] | can go home ! | 都可以回家了 |
[04:04] | It’s Ex we want. | 我们只要艾斯 |
[04:09] | That’s what I’m talkin’about. Straight over the top. | 这就是我说的 全速投球 |
[04:11] | Come in straight over the top with it. | 使出全速 |
[04:16] | Straight over the top. Come on, kid. | 再来一个 加油 孩子 |
[04:21] | Come on, get the guns. Get the guns ! | 来吧 拿枪 拿枪 |
[04:24] | Boys ain’t so tough without your shotguns, | 没猎枪你们就没那么凶悍了 |
[04:27] | are ya, fellas ? | 是不是 伙计 |
[04:28] | You ain’t nothin’ but a coward, | 你只不过是个懦夫 |
[04:30] | hidin’ behind your mama’s bedsheet. | 还躲在你妈妈的床单后面 |
[04:33] | Let’s see your face. | 来看看你的真面目 |
[04:38] | Holy Mother– | 喔 天啊 |
[05:18] | It’s a gorgeous day for baseball here | 今天洛杉矶市这里是 |
[05:20] | in the City of the Angels, | 打棒球的好日子 |
[05:22] | and I’m told it’s a gorgeous day | 听说今天全国各地 |
[05:24] | all over our republic today… | 都是好天气 |
[05:26] | from Bangor to Bellflower, | 从班哥到贝芙劳尔 |
[05:28] | from Amarillo to Anchorage. | 从亚马瑞罗到安克拉治 |
[05:30] | The sun is shining, and | 处处阳光普照 |
[05:32] | it’s a perfect day to play baseball. | 这可真是个打棒球的绝佳日子 |
[05:34] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[05:35] | Eddie Brez will start it off– | 埃迪·布列兹就要发球了 |
[05:51] | Mulder, it is such a gorgeous day outside. | 穆德 外面的天气真不错 |
[05:54] | Have you ever entertained the idea… | 你有没有想过 |
[05:57] | of trying to find life on this planet ? | 到这个星球上去寻找生命 |
[05:59] | I’ve seen the life on this planet, Scully, | 我见过这个星球上的生命 史考利 |
[06:02] | and that is exactly why I’m looking elsewhere. | 这正是我要到别处去寻找生命的原因 |
[06:10] | Did you bring enough ice | 你带了足够多的冰淇淋 |
[06:11] | cream to share with the rest of the class ? | 跟班上其他人分享了吗 |
[06:14] | It’s not ice cream. | 这可不是冰淇淋 |
[06:16] | It’s a nonfat Tofutti rice dreamsicle. | 这是脱脂米豆腐膏 |
[06:19] | Ugh ! I bet the air in my mouth tastes better than that. | 呃 我敢说我嘴里的气味都比那个要好 |
[06:22] | You sure know how to live it up, Scully. | 你真懂得享受 史考利 |
[06:25] | Oh, you’re Mr. Live It Up. You’re really… | 哦 你才是享受先生呢 穆德 你正在 |
[06:28] | Mr. Squeeze Every Last Drop Out Of This Sweet Life. | 榨光最后一滴甜蜜的人生 不是吗 |
[06:31] | On this precious Saturday, | 在这个宝贵的星期六 |
[06:33] | you’ve got us grabbing life by the testes. | 你让我们尽情挥洒生命 |
[06:37] | Stealing reference books from the F.B.I. Library… | 从调查局图书馆偷参考资料 |
[06:39] | in order to go through New Mexico obituaries… | 用来查阅新墨西哥州报纸上刊登的 |
[06:42] | for the years 1940 to 1949. | 从1940年到1949年的所有讣告 |
[06:45] | And for what joyful purpose ? | 有什么有趣的目的吗 |
[06:47] | Looking for anomalies, Scully. | 寻找异常事件 史考利 |
[06:49] | Do you know how many so-called | 你知道新墨西哥州 |
[06:51] | flying disc reports there were in the 1940s ? | 在40年代有多少所谓的飞碟报告吗 |
[06:53] | I don’t care. Mulder, this is a needle in a haystack. | 我不在乎 穆德 这是海底捞针 |
[06:56] | These poor souls have been dead for 50 years. | 那些可怜人死了都50年了 |
[06:59] | Let them rest in peace. Let sleeping dogs lie. | 就让他们安息吧 别惹麻烦了 |
[07:01] | Well, I won’t sit idly by as you hurl cliches at me. | 你用陈词滥调来抨击我 我是不会无动于衷的 |
[07:04] | Preparation is the father of inspiration. | 准备乃灵感之父 |
[07:06] | Necessity is the mother of invention. | 需要乃发明之母 |
[07:07] | The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. | 纵欲之路是智慧之殿的捷径 |
[07:09] | Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die. | 尽情享乐 因为明天就要死去 |
[07:11] | I scream, you scream, we all | 我尖叫 你尖叫 |
[07:13] | scream for nonfat Tofutti rice dreamsicles. | 我们都为脱脂米豆腐膏而尖叫 |
[07:15] | Nooooo ! | 不 |
[07:19] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[07:22] | Mulder! You cheat! | 穆德 你耍赖 |
[07:26] | I can’t believe it ! | 真不敢相信 |
[07:27] | You’ve been reading about baseball this whole time. | 你一直在看棒球的事 |
[07:30] | I’m reading the box scores, Scully. You’d like it. | 我在看成绩表 史考利 你会喜欢的 |
[07:32] | It’s like the Pythagorean Theorem for jocks. | 它就像运动员的毕氏定律 |
[07:34] | It distills all the chaos and action… | 它把棒球赛史上 |
[07:36] | of any game in the history of all baseball games… | 任何一场球赛的混乱和热闹 |
[07:39] | into one tiny, perfect rectangular sequence of numbers. | 都浓缩成一个小小的长方形数列 |
[07:41] | I can look at this box, | 看着这个表格 |
[07:43] | and I can recreate exactly what happened… | 我就可以再现 |
[07:45] | on some sunny summer day back in 1 947. | 1947年那个晴朗夏日所发生的情况 |
[07:48] | It’s like the numbers talk to me. They comfort me. | 就好像数字在向我倾诉 给我安慰 |
[07:51] | They tell me that even though lots of things can change, | 他们告诉我即使许多事都会改变 |
[07:53] | some things remain the same. It’s– | 有些事却维持原样 这很 |
[07:55] | Boring. | 无聊 |
[07:58] | Mulder, can I ask you a personal question ? | 穆德 我可以问你一个私人问题吗 |
[08:01] | Of course not. | 当然不行 |
[08:03] | Did your mother ever tell you to go outside and play? | 你母亲有没有叫你到外面去玩过 |
[08:07] | Is that Arthur Dales ? | 那是亚瑟·达里斯吗 |
[08:10] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[08:16] | You just defaced property of the U.S. Government. | 你刚刚毁损了美国政府财物 |
[08:19] | It is gone! | 没了 |
[08:21] | You rebel. | 你这个造反派 |
[08:35] | What in the hell took you so long ? | 怎么拖那么久 |
[08:38] | I’m sorry, sir. I’m looking for Arthur Dales. | 对不起 先生 我找亚瑟·达里斯 |
[08:40] | – I’m Arthur Dales. – No, you’re not. | -我就是亚瑟·达里斯 -不 你不是 |
[08:44] | Don’t be a wiseass, son. | 别自作聪明 小伙子 |
[08:46] | No, I’m-I’m sorry, sir. I know Arthur Dales, | 不 抱歉 先生 我认识亚瑟·达里斯 |
[08:48] | and you’re not Arthur Dales. | 你不是亚瑟·达里斯 |
[08:50] | Arthur Dales is my brother. | 亚瑟·达里斯是我兄弟 |
[08:51] | My name also happens to be Arthur Dales. | 我碰巧也叫亚瑟·达里斯 |
[08:54] | It’s the same name, different guy. | 同名 不同人 |
[08:56] | The other Arthur, he moved to Florida, | 另一个亚瑟搬到佛罗里达去了 |
[08:58] | the lucky bastard. | 走运的混蛋 |
[08:59] | Our parents weren’t exactly big | 我父母在取名字这方面 |
[09:00] | in the imagination department when it came to names. | 并不是很有想像力 |
[09:04] | If it’ll help you wrapping | 如果这有助于你 |
[09:05] | your little head around this stupefying mystery, | 理清楚这一团乱麻 |
[09:08] | Agent Mulder, we had a sister named Arthur too. | 穆德探员 我们还有个妹妹也叫亚瑟 |
[09:12] | And a goldfish. | 还有一条同名的金鱼 |
[09:14] | How do you know my name ? | 你怎么知道我名字的 |
[09:16] | My brother told me all about you. | 你的事情我兄弟都跟我说过 |
[09:18] | He said you were the biggest | 他说你是自他退休以后 |
[09:20] | jackass in the bureau since he retired. | 局里最大的蠢蛋 |
[09:23] | Yeah, we’re big fans. | 对 我们对你很着迷 |
[09:25] | Sometimes we’d stay awake | 有时候我们熬夜几个小时 |
[09:27] | for hours at night just talking about you. | 就光谈你的事 |
[09:30] | Just fascinating. | 实在有趣 |
[09:32] | Now, unless you’re hiding some Chinese food, | 除非你带着中国菜 |
[09:34] | let’s call it a day. | 否则就到此为止吧 |
[09:42] | Mr. Dales, I have a, uh– | 达里斯先生 我有 |
[09:44] | I have a photo here of your brother. | 我这边有一张你兄弟的照片 |
[09:46] | Maybe it’s you. It’s from many years ago, | 也可能是你的 很多年以前的照片 |
[09:49] | and you’re standing in Roswell, New Mexico. | 你站在新墨西哥州的罗斯威尔 |
[09:51] | Roswell. That’s me. I was a cop once in Roswell. | 罗斯威尔 那是我 我在罗斯威尔当过警察 |
[09:55] | Okay. And you’re standing | 好吧 你跟黑人联盟的 |
[09:57] | with Negro League legend Josh Exley, | 传奇人物艾斯站在一起 |
[09:58] | who disappeared without a trace | 据说他在赛季中失踪了 |
[10:00] | during a season in which he hit 60 home runs. | 那个赛季他一共击出了60支全垒打 |
[10:02] | -Sixty-one! – Sixty-one home runs in 1948. | -61支 -61支全垒打 在1948年 |
[10:06] | – Forty-seven. – Forty-seven, whatever. | -47年 -在1947年 随便吧 |
[10:08] | I don’t really care about the baseball so much. | 我不怎么关心棒球 先生 |
[10:11] | What I care about is this man in the picture with you… | 我只关心这个跟你合影的人 |
[10:13] | I believe to be an alien bounty hunter. | 我相信他是外星赏金猎人 |
[10:15] | Of course you don’t care about the baseball, Mr. Mulder. | 你当然不关心棒球 穆德先生 |
[10:19] | You only bothered my brother about the important things… | 你只会找一些诸如 |
[10:21] | like government conspiracies and alien bounty hunters… | 政府阴谋 赏金猎人 还有幕后真相之类的大事情 |
[10:24] | and the truth with a capital “T.” | 来烦我的兄弟 |
[10:26] | Wait a minute. I like baseball. | 等一下 我喜欢棒球 |
[10:28] | You like baseball, huh ? | 你喜欢棒球 |
[10:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:30] | How many home runs did Mickey Mantle hit ? | 米奇·曼托击出了多少支全垒打 |
[10:35] | A hundred and sixty-three. | 163支 |
[10:38] | Righty, 373 lefty, 536 total. | 右手 左手373支 一共536支 |
[10:45] | What you fail to understand in your joyless myopia… | 你之所以目光短浅 如此沉闷 是因为你还不了解 |
[10:49] | is that baseball is the key to life. | 棒球就是人生的关键 |
[10:52] | The Rosetta Stone, if you will. | 称得上是”洛赛特碑” 注:洛赛特碑 The Rosetta Stone 破译古埃及文字的关键石碑 |
[10:55] | If you just understood baseball better, | 如果你了解棒球更多一点 |
[10:57] | all your other questions, your– | 你其他的所有问题 你的 |
[10:59] | the aliens, the conspiracies– | 外星人 阴谋论 |
[11:03] | they would all in their way be answered | 棒球之神都会一一 |
[11:05] | by the baseball gods. | 予以解答 |
[11:06] | Yes, sir. That may be true. | 是的 也许是这样 |
[11:08] | I’m thinking that your experience in Roswell… | 我想你在罗斯威尔的经历 |
[11:10] | could be germane to a conspiracy between | 可能跟一项阴谋有密切关系 |
[11:12] | our government and these shape-shifting alien beings. | 一项政府与变形外星人之间的阴谋 |
[11:14] | Oh, don’t bore me, son. | 喔 别来烦我 小伙子 |
[11:16] | My brother Arthur started the X-Files, | X档案是我兄弟亚瑟 |
[11:20] | the Federal Bureau of Obfuscation, before you were born. | 在联邦”迷惑”局里开办的 当时你还没出生 |
[11:23] | He was working for the F.B.I., hunting for aliens… | 他为调查局工作 寻找外星人时 |
[11:26] | when you were watching My Best Friend’s Martians. | 你还在看《火星叔叔马丁》呢 |
[11:29] | You say “Shape-shifting. “ | 你提到”变形” |
[11:32] | Agent Mulder, do you believe… | 穆德探员 你相信 |
[11:35] | that love can make a man shape-shift ? | 爱可以使人变形吗 |
[11:42] | I guess women change men all the time. | 我想女人总是在改变男人 |
[11:45] | I’m not talking about women. | 我不是在讲女人 |
[11:47] | I’m talking about love, passion. | 我是在讲爱 热情 |
[11:49] | Like the passion you have for proving extraterrestrial life. | 就像你追寻外星生命的热情 |
[11:52] | Do you believe that that passion | 你相信这样的热情 |
[11:54] | can change your very nature ? | 能改变你的本性 |
[11:57] | Can make you shape-shift | 能把你从人变成 |
[11:59] | from a man into something other than a man ? | 人以外的其他东西吗 |
[12:04] | What exactly has your brother told you about me ? | 你兄弟到底是怎么说我的 |
[12:11] | Mr. Dales, if you and your brother | 达里斯先生 如果你和你兄弟 |
[12:12] | have really known about this bounty hunter… | 真的知道赏金猎人 |
[12:14] | and plans for colonization for 50 years, | 以及50年来的殖民计划 |
[12:16] | why the hell wouldn’t you have told anybody ? | 为什么不告诉其他人 |
[12:18] | Nobody would believe me. | 没人会相信我 |
[12:20] | I would have believed you. | 我会相信你 |
[12:20] | – No. You weren’t ripe. – Not ripe ? | -不 你还不成熟 -不成熟 |
[12:24] | Let me tell you something. I’ve been ripe for years. | 告诉你吧 我已经成熟很多年了 |
[12:27] | I am way past ripe. I’m so ripe, I’m rotten. | 我都成熟过头了 熟到烂了 |
[12:30] | This cuts to the very heart of the | 这关系到我过去十年来 |
[12:31] | mystery of what I’ve been doing for the past ten years. | 用生命来追寻的谜团的中心 |
[12:34] | Oh, the heart of the mystery ! The heart of the mystery ! | 哦 谜团的中心 谜团的中心 |
[12:38] | Ah, there you are ! | 啊 在这儿 |
[12:42] | Mr. Mulder, maybe you’d better start paying… | 穆德先生 也许你应该 |
[12:46] | a little less attention to the heart of the mystery… | 少注意一点谜团的中心 |
[12:49] | and a little more attention to the mystery of the heart. | 多注意一点心中的谜团 |
[12:52] | – You got a dime ? – What is this ? | -你有一角硬币吗 -这是什么 |
[12:55] | This little fella goes by the name of Pete Rosebud. | 这小家伙名叫彼德·罗斯巴 |
[12:58] | If you keep pumping coffee money into him, | 只要不断地塞零钱进去 |
[13:00] | he’ll tell you a story… | 他就会告诉你有关棒球 |
[13:01] | about baseball and aliens and bounty hunters. | 还有外星人和赏金猎人的故事 |
[13:05] | You’re making me feel like a child. | 你让我觉得自己像个小孩 |
[13:07] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[13:08] | That’s exactly the right place to start from, isn’t it ? | 从那里开始再适合不过了 不是吗 |
[13:10] | Now, the first thing you gotta know about baseball is… | 关于棒球 你需要知道的第一件事 |
[13:13] | it keeps you forever young. | 就是它会让你永保青春 |
[13:21] | “保持棒球的纯洁 保持棒球的洁白 悬赏500美元 干掉约书亚·艾斯” | |
[13:25] | 罗斯威尔市立棒球场 6月29日 1947年 | |
[13:34] | Mr. Exley ? Mr. Exley, my name’s Arthur Dales. | 艾斯先生 艾斯先生 我叫亚瑟·达里斯 |
[13:37] | I’m an employee of the Roswell Police Department. | 我是罗斯威尔警局的雇员 |
[13:42] | – Have I broken a law, sir ? – You stole ! | -我犯法了吗 长官 -你盗窃 |
[13:46] | Second base in the third inning. I’m a witness. | 你在第三局盗上了二垒 我作证 |
[13:48] | Officer, I seen that steal. At least 50 bases this year. | 长官 我看到了那个盗垒 今年至少盗了50个垒 |
[13:52] | No, sir, you haven’t broken any laws. Not that I’m aware of. | 不 先生 你没有犯法 据我所知没有 |
[13:55] | I’ve been assigned by my | 上级派我来保护你 |
[13:56] | superiors to protect you against certain parties. | 以免受到人为伤害 |
[13:59] | I’m the one that need protection from certain parties. | 我才需要受到保护呢 |
[14:02] | Exley, he in bed by 8:00 every night. | 艾斯每晚八点以前就上床了 |
[14:04] | Yeah. I appreciate your concern, sir, | 是的 很感谢你的关心 长官 |
[14:06] | but I can protect myself. | 不过我能保护自己 |
[14:07] | Mr. Exley, I’m not a big sports hero like yourself, sir, | 艾斯先生 我不像您本身是运动英雄 先生 |
[14:10] | and I really don’t have an opinion on Negroes… | 但我不认为黑人 |
[14:13] | or Jews or Communists… | 或是犹太人或共产主义者 |
[14:15] | or even Canadians and vegetarians, for that matter. | 甚至加拿大人和素食主义者 有什么不好 |
[14:17] | But I cannot stomach the | 但我不能容忍在我的小镇上 |
[14:18] | murder of a man of any persuasion or any color… | 在我的管辖下 |
[14:20] | being flaunted and solicited in my town, not on my watch. | 炫耀或是找人去谋杀任何信仰 任何肤色的人 |
[14:23] | So you can be safe with me in a cell down at the precinct, | 你可以在跟我在一起安全地呆在牢里 |
[14:26] | or you can be safe with me here on the bus. | 也可以跟我在一起安全地呆在巴士上 |
[14:29] | Seeing as how this is still America, | 不过这是在美国 |
[14:30] | you’re free to choose, sir. | 所以你可以自由选择 先生 |
[14:50] | Hey, Officer Dales, you a decent man, ain’t you ? | 嘿 达里斯警官 你是个正派人吧 |
[14:53] | I try to be. | 我正在努力 |
[14:54] | Well,the fellas feel like umps would treat us better… | 如果你帮我们弄到另外八套这样的制服 |
[14:56] | if you got us eight more uniforms like these to play in. | 裁判可能会对我们好一点 |
[14:59] | Yeah. You could change your name | 是啊 如果你可以把队名 |
[15:01] | from the Roswell Grays… | 从罗斯威尔灰人队 |
[15:02] | to the Roswell Black and Blues. | 改成罗斯威尔黑蓝队的话 注:警察制服的颜色是黑色和蓝色 |
[16:20] | What’s the matter, Arthur ? | 你怎么了 亚瑟 |
[16:23] | You look like you ain’t never seen a black man before. | 你好像从没看到过黑人似的 |
[16:34] | I gotta give it to you. | 我真佩服你 亚瑟 |
[16:36] | Calling a Negro League team from Roswell the Grays, | 罗斯威尔的黑人联盟球队叫做”灰人队” |
[16:38] | is pretty clever. | 还挺聪明的 |
[16:39] | ET steal home. | ET盗回本垒 |
[16:42] | I didn’t make that up. | 这可不是我捏造的 |
[16:44] | You seriously want me to believe that Josh Exley, | 你当真要我相信那个 |
[16:46] | maybe one of the greatest | 可能是史上最伟大球员之一 |
[16:47] | ballplayers of all times, was an alien ? | 的约书亚·艾斯是外星人 |
[16:49] | They’re all aliens, Agent Mulder. All the great ones. | 他们都是外星人 穆德探员 所有伟大的球员 |
[16:52] | – Oh, Babe Ruth was an alien ? – Yeah. | -喔 贝比·鲁斯是外星人 -是呀 |
[16:55] | -Joe DiMaggio ? – Sure. | -乔·迪马乔 -当然 |
[16:57] | – Willie Mays ? – Well, obviously. | -威利·梅斯 -显然 |
[16:59] | Mantle ? Kofax ? Gibson ? | 曼托 科费斯 吉布森 |
[17:02] | Bob or Kirk ? See, none of the great ones fit in. | 鲍伯还有寇克 看到了 没有一个伟大球员例外 |
[17:07] | Not in this world. Not in any other world. | 这个世界如此 其他任何世界都如此 |
[17:11] | They’re all aliens, Mulder. | 他们都是外星人 |
[17:13] | Till they step between the white chalk lines. | 直到他们踏在本垒板上 |
[17:16] | Till they step on the outfield grass. | 真到他们踏在外野的草地上 |
[17:19] | Like clockwork. Poorboy with my medicine. | 真准时 小可怜把我的药带来了 |
[17:22] | Give the kid a tip, will ya ? | 给他一点小费吧 好吗 |
[17:28] | So I assume you’re speaking metaphorically. | 我想你用的比喻的说法吧 |
[17:32] | Speaking metaphorically is for young men like you, | 拐弯抹角是你们这种年轻人玩的 |
[17:33] | Agent McGyver. | 麦克盖瓦探员注:McGyver是现代棒球明星 用在这里是指 Mulder是个不了解真相的楞头探员加二流球迷 |
[17:36] | I don’t have time for that. | 我没时间搞那个 |
[17:38] | I only have time to speak the truth. | 我的时间只够用来说真话的 |
[17:43] | You’re a real Rockefeller, ain’t ya ? | 你可真是个的洛克菲勒 不是吗 |
[17:51] | 罗斯威尔市立棒球场 6月30日 1947年 | |
[17:56] | Ex hits a couple of dingers, 760, and that ties the Babe ! | 艾斯又击出几支安打 760 平了贝比的记录 |
[17:59] | Aw, that ball’s worth nothin’. | 喔 那几球没用的 |
[18:01] | Ex ain’t a major leaguer, so the record don’t count. | 艾斯又不在大联盟 所以是不做记录的 |
[18:03] | – Does too ! – Does not ! | -算的 -不算 |
[18:05] | – Does too ! – Does not ! | -算的 -不算 |
[18:07] | – Does too ! Does ! – Does not ! Not ! | -算的 就算 -不算 就不 |
[18:13] | Down in front! | 向前去 |
[19:08] | Perfect day for a ball game. | 真是个打球的好日子 |
[19:54] | Get this game goin’ again. | 在到一次球 |
[20:02] | There, uh, was a bee on you. | 有只 呃 蜜蜂在你身上 |
[20:05] | Must’ve been a real big one. | 一定是只大个儿的 |
[20:07] | Could’ve ripped your head off. | 大到能把你脑袋咬掉 |
[20:09] | Hey, Arthur. | 嘿 亚瑟 |
[20:13] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[20:17] | Officer Arthur Dales, | 亚瑟·达里斯警官 |
[20:18] | making the world safe for baseball and Negroes. | 维护棒球界和黑人世界安全的英雄 |
[20:39] | Play ball ! | 开始 |
[20:47] | Come on, now ! Here we go ! | 快点 开始 |
[20:51] | Line drive! | 直线球 |
[20:59] | Do you know your name, son ? | 你知道你的名字吗 孩子 |
[21:01] | Josh, do you know where you are ? | 约书亚 你知道你在哪儿吗 |
[21:06] | Josh, man, wake up ! | 约书亚 老兄 醒醒 |
[21:10] | Do you know where you’re from ? | 你知道你从哪儿来吗 |
[21:12] | Macon. | 梅肯 |
[21:16] | Macon, Georgia. | 乔治亚州梅肯市 |
[21:22] | – Free round, folks! – That a boy,Josh ! | -自由轮 兄弟们 -就是那孩子 约书亚 |
[21:47] | Macon Police Department. Can I help you ? | 梅肯警察局 有什么需要帮助的 |
[21:50] | Yeah. My name is Arthur Dales. | 是的 我叫亚瑟·达里斯 |
[21:51] | I’m with the Roswell Police Department. | 是罗斯威尔警局的 |
[21:53] | I’m doing a background check on | 我正在对一位来自你们辖区 |
[21:55] | a gentleman from your area. His name is Josh Exley. | 的先生做背景调查 他叫约书亚·艾斯 |
[21:58] | You want information on a Josh Exley ? | 你要约书亚·艾斯的资料 |
[22:05] | Yeah. The name rings a bell. | 是的 这名字很熟 |
[22:08] | Yeah, I got a Josh Exley. | 对 是有个叫约书亚·艾斯的 |
[22:10] | A six-year-old colored boy disappeared, | 是个六岁的黑人男孩 |
[22:13] | oh, maybe five years ago. | 大概五年前失踪 |
[22:15] | Have you got a read on this Josh Exley’s whereabouts ? | 你知道这个约书亚·艾斯的下落吗 |
[22:19] | Six years old ? | 六岁 |
[22:21] | You wanted to see me | 你要找我 |
[22:22] | about running some chemical tests, sir? | 谈化学检验的事吗 先生 |
[22:24] | Yeah. Hold on. That would make him 11 now ? | 稍等 那他现在应该11岁 |
[22:27] | No, that can’t be the one. | 不 不可能是这个 |
[22:30] | I, I love my job. | 我喜欢我的工作 |
[22:33] | And is that all you have ? Are you certain ? | 你们就知道这么多 你确定 |
[22:36] | Certain as the sunrise. I’m sorry, son. | 相当确定 我很抱歉 孩子 |
[22:42] | Did you say where you were callin’ from ? | 你说你是从哪儿打过来的 |
[22:44] | Roswell. Roswell, New Mexico. | 罗斯威尔 新墨西哥州 罗斯威尔 |
[22:46] | Roswell. | 罗斯威尔 |
[22:50] | Hey, mornin’, Poorboy. | 嘿 早 小可怜 |
[22:52] | Mornin’, Ex. How’s the melon ? | 早 艾斯 脑袋瓜怎么样 |
[22:54] | My melon’s fine. That boy throws like a lady. | 我的脑袋瓜很好 那小子投球像女人一样 |
[22:56] | I hear the Yankees scouts are here today. | 我听说扬基队的球探今天来了 |
[22:58] | Gonna hit numero 6-0 ? | 要击出第60个吗 |
[23:00] | There ain’t no scouts here today. | 今天这边没有球探 |
[23:02] | Sure there are. Look. | 当然有 看 |
[23:07] | Right over there. | 就在那儿 |
[23:10] | I’ll be damned. | 真要命 |
[23:12] | Hey, kids. So how’s it goin’ ? | 嘿 小朋友 打得如何 |
[23:17] | – Ex is stinkin’ up the diamond. – Oh, yeah ? | -艾斯发挥得不好 -喔 是吗 |
[23:20] | – Yeah. – Well, anybody can have a bad day. | -是的 -谁都会有不顺的一天 |
[23:23] | Yeah, but the Yankees scouts are in attendance today. | 是的 可是扬基队的球探今天在场 |
[23:26] | I don’t think they’ll | 我看他们 |
[23:26] | relish the idea of him being in the majors… | 见到他今天的表现之后 |
[23:28] | after such a piss poor outing as this. | 不会再想让他加入大联盟了 |
[23:30] | Come on, Exley! | 加油 艾斯 |
[23:32] | Strike two ! | 两好球 |
[23:47] | Come on, now! Here we go! | 快点 开始 |
[23:50] | Two balls, two strikes now. | 两好球 两坏球 |
[24:12] | Ex, why’d you tank that game today ? | 艾斯 你今天为什么放弃那场比赛 |
[24:15] | I won that game today. | 我今天赢了比赛 |
[24:17] | You tanked the game today. | 你今天放弃了比赛 |
[24:19] | You want me to tell you why ? | 要我告诉你原因吗 |
[24:22] | Because your name’s notJosh Exley. | 因为你不叫约书亚·艾斯 |
[24:25] | Josh Exley is a six-year-old | 约书亚·艾斯是一个 |
[24:26] | kid who disappeared from Macon, Georgia… | 在乔治亚州梅肯市失踪的六岁男孩 |
[24:28] | about the same time that you showed up in Roswell. | 差不多同时 你出现在罗斯威尔 |
[24:30] | I ain’t never been to Macon. | 我从没去过梅肯 |
[24:32] | You said you were from Macon. | 你被球打到头时 说你是梅肯人 |
[24:34] | Well, I also spoke tongues | 我还说起了我的方言 |
[24:35] | like I did when I was a little boy in church. | 就像小时候在教堂里一样 |
[24:42] | I was joking, Arthur. Relax. | 我开玩笑的 亚瑟 别紧张 |
[24:46] | I’m relaxed. You’re hiding something. | 我没紧张 你有所隐瞒 |
[24:49] | That’s why you don’t dare get into the major leagues. | 那就是你不敢投入大联盟的原因 |
[24:52] | ‘Cause those sportswriters and | 因为那些体育记者和 |
[24:54] | everybody’d be digging around, | 大众会到处挖消息 |
[24:55] | and they’d find out what it is, right ? | 他们会发现真相的 对吗 |
[24:58] | So you tanked the game in front of those scouts today, | 所以你今天在球探面前放弃比赛 |
[25:00] | disappointing those kids, | 让孩子们失望 |
[25:03] | disappointing your teammates, | 让你的队友失望 |
[25:05] | disappointing your race. | 让你的种族失望 |
[25:06] | Look here, don’t go talkin’ about my race. | 听着 别谈论我的种族 |
[25:08] | You don’t know nothin’ about my race. | 你对我的种族一无所知 |
[25:09] | I know that liars come in all colors. | 我知道各种肤色的骗子都有 |
[25:15] | You got a secret. Famous or not, | 你有个秘密 不论出名与否 |
[25:17] | I’m gonna find out what it is. | 我都会查出真相的 |
[25:19] | While you’re out chasin’ secrets, | 追查秘密时 |
[25:21] | you make sure you’re chasin’ the right ones. | 你要确定你查的是正确的秘密 |
[26:02] | Ex. Ex. | 艾斯 |
[27:07] | Oh. Oh, thank you. | 喔 多谢 |
[27:13] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[27:14] | You’re supposed to be a big, bad policeman. | 你应该是个凶悍的警察 |
[27:21] | Now hold up, Arthur. | 等一下 亚瑟 |
[27:22] | Before you go faintin’ again, listen to me. | 在你再晕过去以前 听我说 |
[27:24] | It’s me, Arthur. It’s Ex. | 是我 亚瑟 我是艾斯 |
[27:28] | This is an interesting dream. | 这真是个有趣的梦 |
[27:30] | Wake up. Come on, Artie. | 醒醒 快点 亚瑟 |
[27:32] | Man, you ain’t dreamin’. | 老兄 你不是在做梦 |
[27:35] | This what I really look like. This the real me. | 这是我真正的长相 这是真正的我 |
[27:41] | Ex ? | 艾斯 |
[27:47] | That’s really you under there, Ex ? Ow ! | 那底下真的是你吗 艾斯 |
[27:51] | I ain’t under anything, Arthur. | 我没有在什么底下 亚瑟 |
[27:54] | And I’m tryin’ not to be | 我尽量避免被你 |
[27:55] | insulted by your reaction to my true face. | 对于我真实面貌的反应所污辱 |
[27:58] | Look, would it be easier if I looked like this ? | 如果我变成这样是不是不会容易一点 |
[28:06] | Would this be easier for you to handle ? | 这样你会比较容易应付吗 |
[28:15] | No. This is even weirder. | 不 这样更怪 |
[28:17] | Bus leaves in five– | 巴士会在五点 |
[28:21] | So why did you… leave your family in, uh, Georgia ? | 你为什么要离开那些在乔治亚州的家人 |
[28:27] | My people guard their privacy zealously. | 我家人非常注意保护隐私 |
[28:32] | I can understand that. | 可以理解 |
[28:34] | They don’t like for us to intermingle with your people. | 他们不喜欢我们跟你们这些人混在一起 |
[28:37] | Their philosophy is, “We stick to ourselves. | 他们的观念是 “我们是井水 |
[28:40] | You stick to yourselves. Everybody’s happy.” | 你们是河水 井水不犯河水 皆大欢喜 “ |
[28:43] | – So what happened ? – You know what happened. | -那后来呢 -你知道发生了什么 |
[28:46] | You fell in love with an Earth woman ? | 你爱上了地球上的女人 |
[28:52] | – What ? – No. | -怎么了 -不是 |
[28:54] | I saw a baseball game. | 我看到了一场棒球赛 |
[28:57] | See, there’s somethin’ you | 有关我的种族 |
[28:59] | gotta understand about my race. | 有件事你要知道 |
[29:00] | We don’t have a word for laughter. | 我们的语言里没有”笑”这个词 |
[29:03] | We don’t laugh. | 我们不会笑 |
[29:05] | I don’t know if you noticed | 我不知道你 |
[29:07] | in between all that faintin’ you was doin’, | 在半昏半醒的时候有没有注意到 |
[29:09] | but we have very tiny mouths. | 我们的嘴很小 |
[29:11] | So no smilin’, even. | 所以连微笑都没有 |
[29:14] | I tell ya, when I saw that baseball game bein’ played, | 我跟你说 当我看到那场棒球赛 |
[29:19] | this laughter just– it just rose up outta me. | 笑声就由然而生了 |
[29:24] | You know the sound the ball makes when it hits the bat ? | 你知道球碰到球棒时发出的声音吗 |
[29:27] | That was like music to me. | 那对我来说 就像是音乐 |
[29:29] | You know, the smell of the grass, the leather mitt. | 你知道 草地的气味 皮手套 |
[29:31] | The first unnecessary thing | 这是我这辈子做的第一件 |
[29:33] | I ever done in my life, and I fell in love. | 没必要做的事 我恋爱了 |
[29:36] | I didn’t know the unnecessary could feel so good. | 我没想到”没必要”的感觉会那么棒 |
[29:40] | You know, the game was meaningless, | 你知道 球赛是没有意义的 |
[29:42] | but it seemed to mean everything to me. | 但对我来说 它似乎代表一切 |
[29:45] | It was useless but perfect. | 没用 但却很完美 |
[29:50] | Yeah. Like a– Like a rose. | 是啊 就像 就像玫瑰 |
[29:54] | Yeah, yeah, like a rose. | 对 对 对 就像玫瑰 |
[29:56] | See ? You get it, Arthur. You’re a fan. | 看吧 你明白了 亚瑟 你是个球迷 |
[29:58] | I tell you, from that moment on… | 我告诉你 从那一刻起 |
[30:01] | I just couldn’t fix myself to go home. | 我就没办法下决心回家了 |
[30:06] | Come on up here, Ex. | 到这边来 艾斯 |
[30:07] | Let’s hear that beautiful voice you got on you. | 让我们听听你那动人的歌喉 |
[30:09] | ? We’ll all be together in that land ? | ?我们将在那片土地上团聚? |
[30:12] | ? We’ll all be together in that land ? | ?我们将在那片土地上团聚? |
[30:17] | ? We’ll all be together in that land ? | ?我们将在那片土地上团聚? |
[30:21] | ? Where I’m bound Oh, Lord ? | ?我们血肉相连 主呀? |
[30:26] | ? We’ll all be together in that land ? | ?我们将在那片土地上团聚? |
[30:30] | ? We’ll all be together in that land ? | ?我们将在那片土地上团聚? |
[30:35] | ? We’ll all be together– ? | ?我们将在那片土地上团聚? |
[30:37] | Gray Bus Lines. You can go home again. | 灰人队的巴士 又可以回家了 |
[30:41] | Let me get this straight. A free-spirited alien… | 让我理理头绪 一个具有自由精神的外星人 |
[30:44] | fell in love with baseball and | 爱上棒球 |
[30:46] | ran away from the other non-fun-having aliens… | 离开了其他没有爱好的外星人 |
[30:48] | and made himself black because | 让自己成为黑人 |
[30:49] | that would prevent him from getting to the majors… | 这样就能使他进不了大联盟 |
[30:51] | where his unspeakable secret might | 他那不可告人的秘密 |
[30:53] | be discovered by an intrusive press and public. | 就不会被多事的媒体和公众发现 |
[30:55] | And you’re also implying that | 你还暗示说 |
[30:57] | You certainly have a knack… | 你的确很有本事 |
[30:58] | for turning chicken salad into chicken spit. | 把鸡肉沙拉弄成鸡屎 |
[31:01] | You’re also implying that this baseball-playing alien… | 你还暗示 这个打棒球的外星人 |
[31:05] | has something to do with the | 跟47年7月发生的 |
[31:06] | famous Roswell UFO crash ofJuly, ’47, aren’t you ? | 著名的罗斯威尔UFO坠毁事件有关 是不是 |
[31:09] | You’re just dying to connect the dots, aren’t you, son ? | 你很想把点连起来 是不是 |
[31:12] | Look, I give you some wood. I asked you for a cabinet. | 听着 我给了你一些木头 跟你要一间木屋 |
[31:16] | You build me a cathedral. I don’t want a cathedral. | 你却给我盖了间大教堂 我不想要大教堂 |
[31:19] | I like where I live. I just want a place to put my TV. | 我喜欢我住的地方 我只要个地方摆电视 |
[31:23] | Understand my drift ? | 明白我的意思吗 |
[31:28] | Drift it is, sir. | 明白了 先生 |
[31:30] | Trust the tale, Agent McGyver, not the teller. | 该相信故事本身 麦克盖瓦探员 而不是讲述者 |
[31:34] | That which fascinates us is by definition true. | 那些使我们着迷的定义是真实的 |
[31:38] | Speaking metaphorically, of course. | 当然 这是种比喻 |
[31:40] | Okay, so was Ex a man who is metaphorically an alien… | 好吧 所以艾斯是一个被比喻成外星人的人类 |
[31:44] | or an alien who is metaphorically a man… | 或者是一个比喻成人类的外星人 |
[31:47] | or a something in between | 抑或是介于两者之间 |
[31:48] | that was literally an alien/human hybrid ? | 可以定义为人类/外星混血 |
[31:59] | It’s official. I am a horse’s ass. | 我正式宣布 自己变成混蛋了 |
[32:05] | What is it to be human, Fox ? | 怎么样才叫人类 福克斯 |
[32:06] | Is it to have the chemistry of a man ? | 是拥有人类的化学成份吗 |
[32:09] | In the universal scheme of things, | 在万物共通的构成中 |
[32:11] | a dog’s chemistry is nearly identical to that of a man. | 狗的化学成份跟人的几乎一样 |
[32:15] | But is a dog like a man ? | 但是狗像人吗 |
[32:16] | I have noticed that over the course of time… | 我注意到随着时间的推移 |
[32:19] | a man and his dog will start to look like one another. | 一个人和他养的狗会越长越像的 |
[32:22] | But to be a man is to have the heart of a man. | 但是做人要有一颗人类的心 |
[32:25] | Integrity, decency, sympathy. | 要诚实 正直 善良 |
[32:28] | These are the things that make a man a man. | 这些才是让人成为人的特质 |
[32:31] | And Ex had them all. | 而这些艾斯都有 |
[32:32] | Had them all, more than you or I. | 他都有 比你我拥有的还要多 |
[32:48] | Dales. Ted ? | 是达里斯 泰德 |
[32:52] | Calm down. What is it ? | 冷静点 什么事 |
[32:54] | This goo on the glove you gave me. Is this a joke ? | 你给我的那双手套上的那些粘液 那是开玩笑吗 |
[32:57] | Why ? | 怎么了 |
[32:58] | It’s not like any chemical compound I’ve ever seen. | 这不像我所见过的任何化学成份 |
[33:01] | It’s from a life-form which doesn’t | 这不像是来自于 |
[33:02] | seem to be carbon based. | 碳基生命的物质 |
[33:03] | Which, by the way, is impossible. | 可这是不可能的 |
[33:05] | This is way out of my league. | 这超出了我的能力 |
[33:07] | I called the F.B.I. And the | 我通知了调查局和 |
[33:09] | Communicable Disease Center in Washington– | 华盛顿的传染病中心 |
[33:11] | Washington ? Ted, you didn’t ! | 华盛顿 泰德 别 |
[33:12] | Nobody was supposed to know. | 不能让别人知道这件事 |
[33:14] | Can you get the glove back to me ? | 你能把手套还给我吗 |
[33:16] | Sure. As soon as I finish up here. | 当然 我这边一弄完就还 |
[33:30] | I didn’t mean to startle you. I’m Josh. | 我不是故意要吓你的 我是约书亚 |
[33:32] | Oh, I know who you are. | 喔 我知道你是谁 |
[33:33] | Only the best damn ballplayer west of the Bronx. | 唯一一个不在布朗克斯区的优秀球员 |
[33:35] | Thank you, sir. Arthur | 谢谢你 先生 |
[33:36] | sent me down here to explain the substance. | 亚瑟让我来解释这个物质 |
[33:38] | That’s my mitt it ruined. | 这是我的手套 |
[33:40] | Where is this stuff from ? Where did you get it ? | 这些东西是哪儿来的 在哪儿沾到的 |
[33:43] | Mars. | 火星 |
[33:46] | Actually,just to the left of Mars. | 事实上 是在火星的左半球 |
[33:50] | What do you think you’re doing ? | 你要做什么 |
[34:16] | Ex. | 艾斯 |
[34:19] | Ex, there’s this fellow down at the precinct… | 艾斯 分局里有个家伙 |
[34:21] | who’s willing to swear on | 拿性命发誓 |
[34:22] | his life that you killed a man this afternoon. | 说你下午杀了个人 |
[34:25] | Now, I’m not sure what’s– what’s goin’ on here, | 我不确定这是怎么回事 |
[34:28] | but I, I do know that you’re no murderer. | 不过我 我知道你不是凶手 |
[34:31] | You’re gonna have to get out of town, Ex. | 你必须得离开小镇了 艾斯 |
[34:49] | Life ain’t like baseball, is it ? | 生活并不像棒球 是吗 |
[34:52] | No. No, it’s not. | 是的 是不像 |
[34:54] | I had a talk with my relative. Good talk. | 我跟我的亲戚谈过 谈得很好 |
[34:58] | He made me understand reason, Arthur. | 他让我明白了一个道理 亚瑟 |
[35:01] | Family’s more important than a game. | 家庭比球赛更重要 |
[35:03] | So I gotta go home. | 所以我准备回家了 |
[35:05] | You still consider them to be your family ? | 你还把他们看成是你的家人吗 |
[35:08] | Of course I do. Who you think my family is ? | 当然是 你以为谁是我的家人 |
[35:11] | I don’t know. Your team ? | 我不知道 你的球友 |
[35:14] | Don’t get cornball on me, man. | 别把我想得那么单纯 老兄 |
[35:15] | Next thing you’re gonna be tellin’ me is… | 接下来你会告诉我 |
[35:17] | I owe it to all the little kids to break the home run record, | 我还欠那些孩子一个全垒打记录 |
[35:20] | or I owe it to the black folks, who think I’m one of them, | 还欠那些把我当成自己人的黑人们一个愿望 |
[35:23] | to make it to the majors, or I should just keep playin’… | 一个打进大联盟的愿望 所以我应该为了自尊和忠诚 |
[35:25] | out of some meaningless human concept | 这样一些毫无意义的人类观念 |
[35:28] | of pride or loyalty. | 而继续打球 |
[35:30] | – I don’t know, Ex. – We don’t think like that, man. | -我不知道 艾斯 -我们不会那样思考 老兄 |
[35:34] | We may be able to look like y’all, | 我们或许可以跟你们有一样的相貌 |
[35:36] | but we ain’t y’all. | 但是我们不是你们 |
[35:37] | You know the big thing that separates us from you ? | 你知道我们跟你们的区别是什么吗 |
[35:41] | – What’s that ? – We got rhythm. | -是什么 -我们有节奏感 |
[36:00] | – I better go. – Yeah. | -我得要走了 -是的 |
[36:02] | Hey, could you do me a favor ? | 嘿 能帮我个忙吗 |
[36:06] | Will you tell people what I did on the field ? | 你能告诉人们我在球场上的表现吗 |
[36:09] | Will you tell your kids how I played the game ? | 能告诉你的孩子 我的球打得如何吗 |
[36:12] | You know I will, Ex. | 你知道我会的 艾斯 |
[36:15] | Hey, man, one more thing. | 嘿 老兄 还有件事 |
[36:19] | What ? | 什么 |
[36:21] | You got a pretty good arm on ya, boy. | 你的手臂挺结实的 小伙子 |
[36:37] | You may think you know the man, | 你或许以为你了解这个人 |
[36:39] | Dales, but believe me,you do not know the man. | 达里斯 不过相信我 你不了解他 |
[36:41] | You don’t know what I know, | 你不知道我所知道的事 |
[36:43] | and you don’t know what I don’t know. | 也不知道我所不知道的事 |
[36:44] | This is no minor league New Mexico cowboy cop crap. | 这可不是小联盟 新墨西哥州的牛仔警察小子 |
[36:47] | If I told you what was really goin’ on, | 如果我告诉你是怎么回事 |
[36:49] | you’d just stare at me… | 你会瞪大眼睛看着我 |
[36:51] | in wild-eyed wonder and pee your pants like a baby. | 然后像小娃娃一样吓得尿裤子 |
[36:54] | Now tell me what I wanna know. Where’s Exley ? | 现在告诉我想知道的事 艾斯在哪儿 |
[36:56] | I told you. He told me he was goin’ home. | 我告诉过你了 他告诉我他要回家 |
[36:59] | Play ball! | 开始 |
[37:02] | You sure your boy got the | 你确定你的队友 |
[37:03] | right prescription in those spectacles ? | 那副眼镜配得准吗 |
[37:09] | Home run! | 全垒打 |
[37:12] | I got a witness puts him at the murder scene. | 我有目击证人说他在凶案现场 |
[37:14] | Now, I know they have a tendency to look alike, | 我知道黑人看起来都一样 |
[37:17] | but unless he’s got a guy | 但是除非有个跟他 |
[37:18] | runnin’ around town looks identical to him, | 长得一模一样的人在市区乱跑 |
[37:19] | he is a murderer, you could be an accomplice… | 不然他就是凶手 而你可能是同谋 |
[37:22] | and the two of you fast slidin’ down | 你们俩个正在 |
[37:24] | a giant razor blade into a big old glass of lemonade. | 迅速地自取灭亡 |
[37:34] | But don’t you hand him over… | 把他交出来吧 |
[37:37] | and you can wear your big | 那顶大盖帽和 |
[37:39] | hat and that pretty badge as long as you want. | 漂亮的警徵你想戴多久 就戴多久 |
[37:41] | Are we finished ? | 我们说完了吗 |
[37:44] | No, Mr. Dales. You’re finished. | 没有 达里斯先生 是你完了 |
[38:09] | “Home. “ | “回家” |
[38:11] | It’s alive. | 它还活着 |
[38:31] | Come on ! | 快点 |
[38:41] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[38:43] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:46] | I warned you. You didn’t listen. | 我警告过你 你不听 |
[38:53] | Now you die. | 现在你得死 |
[38:57] | It’s the right thing to do. | 这么做是对的吗 |
[39:00] | What do you know of the right thing to do ? | 你懂什么叫对吗 |
[39:02] | You who would risk exposing the entire project | 你把整个计划都暴露在危险之下 |
[39:05] | for a game ? | 只为了一场球赛 |
[39:06] | A game. | 一场游戏 |
[39:08] | I hit a home run tonight. | 我今晚击出了全垒打 |
[39:11] | A home run ? | 全垒打 |
[39:14] | Number 61 . I set a record. | 第61支 我创造了记录 |
[39:17] | Show me your true face so you can die with dignity. | 显出你的真面目吧 你可以尊严地死去 |
[39:23] | As your executioner, | 作为你的行刑人 |
[39:25] | I show you my true face before I kill you. | 我会在杀你之前显出我的真面目 |
[39:40] | Show me your true face, or you will die without honor. | 显出你的真面目 不然你会死得很不光彩 |
[39:48] | – This is my true face. – So be it. | -这就是我的真面目 -那就这样吧 |
[39:58] | No ! Stop ! | 不 住手 |
[40:05] | Ex ! | 艾斯 |
[40:08] | No ! Let me be, let me be ! | 不 别管我 别管我 |
[40:16] | Arthur, get off of me ! | 亚瑟 放开我 |
[40:17] | Our blood is like acid to you people. | 我们的血对你们来说就像酸一样 |
[40:19] | Arthur, get away. Don’t touch it. | 亚瑟 走开 别碰它 |
[40:22] | It’s just blood, Ex. Look. It’s just blood. | 只是血而已 艾斯 看 只是血而已 |
[40:31] | Wow. | 哇 |
[41:05] | ? Come and go with me to that land ? | ?跟我来到这片土地上? |
[41:09] | ? Where I’m bound ? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[41:13] | ?I got a brother in that land ? | ?那片土地上有我的兄弟? |
[41:18] | ?I got a brother in that land ? | ?那片土地上有我的兄弟? |
[41:22] | ?I got a brother in that land ? | ?那片土地上有我的兄弟? |
[41:27] | ? Where I’m bound ? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[41:29] | ? Where I’m bound ? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[41:31] | ?I got a brother in that land ? | ?那片土地上有我的兄弟? |
[41:57] | So, uh, I get this message marked “”Urgent””… | 有个叫福克斯·曼托的人 |
[42:03] | on my answering service from one Fox Mantle… | 在我的答录机上留言说有”急事” |
[42:06] | telling me to come down to the park for a very special, | 叫我到球场拿一份非常特别的 |
[42:10] | very early or very late birthday present. | 非常早或是非常晚的生日礼物 |
[42:13] | And Mulder, | 可是穆德 |
[42:16] | I don’t see any nicely wrapped presents lying around. | 我没看见任何包装精美的礼物 |
[42:19] | So what gives ? | 你的礼物呢 |
[42:20] | You’ve never hit a baseball, have you, Scully ? | 你从没打过棒球吧 史考利 |
[42:23] | No, I guess I have found… | 没有 我想我的时间 |
[42:26] | more necessary things to do with my time… | 要拿来做一些比拿着一根棒子 |
[42:28] | than slap a piece of horse hide with a stick. | 击打一块皮革重要得多的事情 |
[42:32] | ?I got a sister in that land ? | ?那片土地上有我的姐妹? |
[42:34] | Get over here, Scully. | 过来 史考利 |
[42:35] | ?I got a sister in that land ? | ?那片土地上有我的姐妹? |
[42:39] | ? Where I’m bound ? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[42:42] | ? Where I’m bound ? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[42:44] | -?I got a sister in tha tland ? | -?那片土地上有我的姐妹? |
[42:46] | Is this my birthday present, Mulder ? | 这是我的生日礼物吗 穆德 |
[42:49] | ?I got a sister in that land ? | ?那片土地上有我的姐妹? |
[42:50] | You shouldn’t have. | 你太客气了 |
[42:51] | This ain’t cheap. I’m payin’ | 这可不便宜 |
[42:53] | that kid ten bucks an hour to shag balls. | 我付给那小孩十块钱投球一个小时 |
[42:56] | That’s not a bad piece of ash, huh ? | 线条很棒呀 是吧 |
[43:00] | The bat. I’m talkin’ about the bat. | 球棒 我在说球棒 |
[43:03] | Now, don’t strangle it. | 别捏太紧 |
[43:03] | You just want to shake hands with it. | 只要像握手一样握住就好了 |
[43:05] | – All right. – ” Hello, Mr. Bat. It’s a pleasure.” | -好的 -“哈啰 球棒先生 很高兴认识你 “ |
[43:07] | “Oh, no, no, Miss Scully. The pleasure is all mine.” | “喔 不 不 史考利小姐 这是我的荣幸 “ |
[43:11] | Okay, now we want to go hips before hands, okay ? | 好 现在要先扭臀再挥棒 好吗 |
[43:15] | And we wanna stride forward and turn. | 先向前跨 然后转身 |
[43:17] | That’s all we’re thinking about. | 那是我们要想的事 |
[43:18] | -So we go hips before hands, all right ? -Okay. | -先扭臀 再挥棒 好吗 -好的 |
[43:22] | One more time. Hips before hands. All right ? | 再来一次 扭臀 挥棒 可以吗 |
[43:25] | – Yeah. – What is it ? | -好的 -该怎么样 |
[43:27] | – Hips before hands. – Right. | -扭臀 挥棒 -对 |
[43:29] | We’re gonna wait on the pitch, | 我们要等球 |
[43:30] | keep our eye on the ball. – All right. | -眼睛要看球 -好的 |
[43:31] | Then we’re just gonna make contact. | 然后触球 不用想 |
[43:34] | We’re just gonna let it fly, Scully, okay ? | 让球飞出去就行了 史考利 行吗 |
[43:38] | – Ready ? – I’m in the middle. | -准备好了 -我在中间 |
[43:42] | All right, fire away, Poorboy. | 好了 开球吧 小可怜 |
[43:45] | Ooh ! That’s good. | 喔 不错 |
[43:47] | All right, what you may find | 就这样 |
[43:49] | as you concentrate on hitting that little ball, | 你会发现当你专注于打那颗球时 |
[43:52] | the rest of the world just fades away, | 世上其他的事情都会消失 |
[43:54] | all your everyday nagging concerns. | 包括你天天唠叨着的顾虑 |
[43:56] | The ticking of your biological clock. | 生理时钟的滴滴答答 |
[43:58] | How you probably couldn’t afford | 还有那件你的薪水 |
[44:00] | that nice new suede coat on a G-woman’s salary. | 承担不起的漂亮外套 |
[44:03] | How you threw away a promising career in medicine… | 还有你如何抛开医学界的大好前途 |
[44:06] | to hunt aliens with your crackpot, albeit brilliant, partner. | 跟你那疯狂但聪明的搭档去追寻外星人 |
[44:10] | Getting to the heart of a global conspiracy. | 还有那个你苦苦追寻的全球化的阴谋 |
[44:13] | Your obscenely overdue triple-X bill. | 还有那些百看不厌的三级片 |
[44:15] | Oh, I’m sorry, Scully. | 喔 抱歉 史考利 |
[44:18] | Those last two problems are mine, not yours. | 最后两个问题是我的 不是你的 |
[44:21] | Shut up, Mulder. I’m playing baseball. Ooh ! | 闭嘴 穆德 我在打棒球 喔 |
[44:25] | ? Where I’m bound ? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[44:27] | ? Where I’m bound ? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[44:30] | ? Come and go with me to that land ? | ?跟我来到这片土地上? |
[44:34] | ? Come and go with me to that land ? | ?跟我来到这片土地上? |
[44:38] | ? Come and go with me to that land ? | ?跟我来到这片土地上? |
[44:43] | ? Where I’m bound ?? | ?我们血肉相连? |
[44:48] | ? Where I’m bound ?? | ?我们血肉相连? |