时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I’ve got mosquito bites. | 我被蚊子咬了 |
[00:07] | I’ve got blisters. I hate those new boots. | 脚上还起了水泡 我讨厌那双新靴子 |
[00:10] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[00:12] | Why are you so P.O.’d ? I thought we had a good time. | 为什么你这么挑剔 我以为我们会过得很快乐呢 |
[00:15] | You had a good time. You had a fine time… | 你过得很快乐 玩得很好 |
[00:17] | tromping around and leaving me a half a mile behind. | 到处乱跑 还把我甩下半英里远 |
[00:21] | For future reference, me running | 这样看起来 |
[00:22] | through the woods after you for an entire day… | 将来整天跟在你后面跑来跑去 |
[00:24] | is not my idea of a good time. | 可不是我想像中的美好时光 |
[00:28] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[00:30] | I’ve got longer legs. | 我的腿比较长 |
[00:33] | I was excited, you know– | 我太兴奋了 你知道– |
[00:36] | the great outdoors, communing with nature. | 户外活动 接触大自然 |
[00:40] | – Your head hurt ? – Yeah. | -你头痛吗 -是 |
[00:44] | You can hit me in the head | 你拿块石头敲我的头吧 |
[00:45] | with a rock if it’ll make you feel better. | 如果这样能让你感觉好些的话 |
[00:49] | Fine. Go get one. | 好呀 我去拿一块 |
[00:54] | I’m taking a shower. | 我去洗澡了 |
[01:56] | You still mad at me ? | 你还在生我的气吗 |
[01:58] | No, I’m not mad. | 不 我没生气 |
[02:01] | Come here. | 过来 |
[02:11] | So, I guess we’re never going hiking again. | 我看我们以后再也不要远足了 |
[02:13] | It’s indoors forever from now on. | 从现在开始我们永远都呆在屋里 |
[02:19] | Angie, honey, what’s up ? | 安吉尔 亲爱的 怎么了 |
[02:23] | Just hold me. | 抱住我 |
[03:44] | I don’t know what they did with the screen for this thing. | 真不知道他们干嘛在投影仪上放这些东西 |
[03:48] | Now, this is Angela and Wallace Schiff. | 这是安吉拉和华莱士·史基夫 |
[03:50] | It’s a young married couple last seen | 一对年轻夫妇 他们最后被人看见的时候 |
[03:51] | hiking in the vicinity of Brown Mountain, North Carolina. | 正在北卡罗来纳州的布朗山附近远足 |
[03:54] | That’s Angie on the right. | 右边的这个是安吉尔 |
[03:56] | I should add this is the | 我需要补充的是 |
[03:57] | condition in which their bodies were found… | 在他们失踪三天之后 |
[03:59] | after being missing for only three | 尸体被发现 |
[04:01] | days in temperatures that never got above 7 0 degrees. | 周围的环境温度不超过70度(华氏度) |
[04:03] | Which rules out decomposition. | 这排除了自然腐烂 |
[04:06] | I’d say predation, but the bones would be scattered. | 我认为是受到了袭击 但是骨骼应该是散开的 |
[04:09] | Not to mention that these skeletons | 更别说这些骷髅 |
[04:11] | are not wearing any clothes. | 是一丝不挂的了 |
[04:13] | Right. Well, I’d say it looks like a double murder, | 哦 是呀 这看起来应该是一起双尸命案 |
[04:15] | possibly one with ritualistic overtones. | 可能与某种宗教仪式有关 |
[04:18] | The bodies may have been stripped, | 尸体可能被分尸了 |
[04:20] | then skeletonized, possibly by boiling, | 然后被制成骷髅 可能是经过蒸煮 |
[04:23] | or by the use of some kind of acid solution. | 也可能是经过某种酸的处理 |
[04:25] | Maybe the arrangement of the bodies… | 也许尸体的摆放方式 |
[04:28] | has some meaning for the killer or killers. | 对凶手或是凶手们有着某种含意 |
[04:30] | But at any rate, I’d term it “Ritualistic.” | 但不管是什么 我还是会用”仪式”来称呼 |
[04:33] | That’s a pretty big operation you’re describing. | 你描述的可是个大行动 |
[04:35] | There was no evidence found at | 现场没有发现任何证据 |
[04:37] | the scene– no tire tracks, no footprints, nothing. | 没有车痕 没有足迹 什么都没有 |
[04:39] | Well, what do you think this is ? | 那你认为这是怎么回事 |
[04:41] | It’s Brown Mountain, Scully. That doesn’t ring a bell ? | 布朗山 史考利 有没有联想起什么 |
[04:44] | The Brown Mountain lights ? | 布朗山之光 |
[04:46] | It’s a famous atmospheric | 这是个可以追溯到 |
[04:47] | phenomenon dating back nearly 700 years… | 将近700年前的一个著名的大气现象 |
[04:49] | witnessed by thousands of people– | 有数千人目击 |
[04:51] | back to the Cherokee Indians. | 甚至还有切罗基印地安人 |
[04:53] | Strange multicolored lights | 他们看见奇怪的各色光线 |
[04:54] | are seen to dance above the peak of the mountain. | 在山顶上空舞动 |
[04:57] | There’s been no geological explanation, | 既没有地质学上的解释 |
[04:58] | no scientifical credible explanation at all. | 也没有任何可信的科学解释 |
[05:01] | And what does that have to do with these two ? | 那些跟这两个人有什么关系 |
[05:03] | As I said, there’s been no scientific credible explanation, | 就像我所说的 没有任何可信的科学解释 |
[05:06] | but there are those of us who believe | 但是有些人相信 |
[05:07] | that these strange multicolored lights are really– | 这些奇怪的各色光线实际上是 |
[05:09] | U.F.O.S ? Extraterrestrial visitors… | 不明飞行物 外星来访者 |
[05:12] | from beyond who apparently have nothing better to do… | 700年来一遍又一遍地造访 |
[05:15] | than buzz one mountain over and | 一座对他们完全没有 |
[05:18] | over again for 700 years ? | 任何用处的山 |
[05:19] | Sounds like crap when you say it. | 听你说得好像是他们是傻瓜一样 |
[05:21] | I’m just wondering if there’s a connection, Scully. | 我只是想知道两者有没有联系 史考利 |
[05:24] | The conditions of these bodies | 这两具尸体的情况 |
[05:26] | are reminiscent of Southwestern cattle mutilations– | 让人联想起西南部的牲畜虐杀案 |
[05:28] | cases where there’s no physical evidence, | 那些案子也没有科学解释 |
[05:30] | and they’ve been associated with U.F.O. Activity. | 它们跟不明飞行物的活动是有联系的 |
[05:32] | Mulder, can’t you just for once– | 穆德 就不能有一次例外吗 |
[05:34] | just for the novelty of it– | 就算仅仅是为了出人意料也好 |
[05:37] | come up with the simplest explanation, | 找一个最简单的解释 |
[05:39] | the most logical one, instead of automatically… | 找个最合逻辑的 而不是 |
[05:41] | jumping to U.F.O.S or Bigfoot or– | 机械地想到不明飞行物或是大脚怪或是 |
[05:44] | Scully, in six years, | 史考利 这六年里 |
[05:46] | how– how often have I been wrong ? | 我有错过多少次呢 |
[05:47] | No, seriously. | 不 认真点 |
[05:49] | Every time I bring you a | 我是说 每次我带你 |
[05:50] | new case we go through this perfunctory dance. | 一起去办新案子都会这样 |
[05:53] | You tell me I’m not being | 你会说我没有科学的态度 |
[05:54] | scientifically rigorous and that I’m off my nut. | 没有认真地思考 |
[05:56] | And then in the end, who | 而到最后 |
[05:58] | turns out to be right like 98.9% of the time ? | 又是谁98.9%的正确呢 |
[06:02] | I just think I’ve… earned the benefit of the doubt here. | 我想我已经得到了被怀疑的好处了 |
[06:19] | I was ready to send ’em on to Chapel Hill. | 我已经准备好把他们送到查佩希尔去了 |
[06:22] | Figured the state medical examiner | 我想州法医官 |
[06:23] | should have a look at ’em. | 应该来检查一下 |
[06:24] | We appreciate you holding off. | 我们很高兴你还没送去 |
[06:27] | The connective tissue is | 结缔组织 |
[06:28] | more or less intact. | 起码还是完整的 |
[06:29] | Unlike everything else. | 这跟其他所有的都不一样 |
[06:31] | I’m not sure what to make of it, | 考虑到那么短的时间间隔 |
[06:33] | considering the short time frame. | 我无法确定这是原因什么造成的 |
[06:34] | If you’ll, um, pardon an obvious question, | 你能不能 呃 请原谅我的冒昧 |
[06:37] | are you sure that these are the right two bodies… | 你能不能确定这就是那两个人 |
[06:40] | and not two others that have lain out for six months ? | 而不是其他的已经暴尸六个月以上的人呢 |
[06:45] | We triple-checked the dental records. | 我们对比了三次牙齿记录 |
[06:48] | Angela and Wallace Schiff– no doubt about it. | 是安吉拉和华莱士·史基夫 毫无疑问 |
[06:58] | Hmm. And they were both found | 嗯 他们都是在布朗山 |
[07:00] | near Brown Mountain, right ? | 附近被发现的 对吗 |
[07:03] | – Where exactly ? – I could write you some directions. | -具体在哪 -我可以给你指点几个方向 |
[07:09] | Would you, uh, happen to know what this is ? | 你知不知道 呃 这些是什么 |
[07:12] | Well, the remains were found in a swampy area. | 喔 遗体是在一块沼泽地被发现的 |
[07:15] | It’s some sort of organic material relating to that. | 这是某种有机物质 |
[07:19] | It’s bog sludge. | 沼泽淤泥 |
[07:20] | I’m gonna go check out where the bodies were found. | 我去查查发现尸体的地点 |
[07:26] | – You coming ? – No. | -你来吗 -不 |
[07:29] | You go ahead. | 你先去吧 |
[08:28] | Wallace Schiff? | 华莱士·史基夫 |
[09:07] | Wallace Schiff? | 华莱士·史基夫 |
[09:15] | We got your gas spectrometer results. | 我们拿到你要的气体分光结果了 |
[09:18] | That stuff on the bones I said was bog sludge ? It isn’t. | 那些骨头上的东西 我说过那些是沼泽淤泥 它们不是 |
[09:23] | Water, hydrochloric acid, | 水 盐酸 |
[09:25] | electrolytes, pepsins and trypsins. | 电解液 胃蛋白酶和胰岛素 |
[09:28] | It’s a digestive secretion. | 这是种消化分泌物 |
[09:31] | It’s stomach juices pretty | 很像是胃液 |
[09:33] | much– pretty damn close to it, except for this. | 非常非常像 除了这个 |
[09:35] | Chitinase ? | 几丁质酶 |
[09:37] | It’s a digestive enzyme as well, | 这是一种消化酶 |
[09:39] | but it’s strictly plant, not animal. | 但这肯定是来自植物的 不是动物 |
[10:01] | Hello ! | 有人吗 |
[10:17] | I told you I’d seen this before. | 我说过我以前见过这个 |
[10:20] | These are the two I remember anyway. | 这两个是我还能记得住的 |
[10:28] | Both of these were discovered as skeletal remains. | 他们被发现的时候都只剩下骨架了 |
[10:30] | Right, but we saw nothing odd in that. | 对 但是我们没有发现什么奇怪的地方 |
[10:35] | Both were lost hikers found | 他们都是失踪了 |
[10:36] | months or years later, or whatever it says there. | 几个月或者几年后才找到的 不管他们是怎么失踪的 |
[10:39] | Says here that the bodies were found | 发现这些尸体的地方 |
[10:40] | not far from where Angela and Wallace Schiff turned up. | 都离发现安吉拉和华莱士·史基夫的地方不远 |
[10:55] | Oh, Mulder, answer your phone. | 穆德 快接电话 |
[10:58] | The cellular customer you are trying– | 你所拔打的电话 |
[11:01] | Do me a favor. I want you | 帮我个忙 |
[11:02] | to forward a sample of that secretion… | 我要取一份分泌物的样本 |
[11:03] | over to the F.B.I. Lab at Quantico. | 送到宽提科的联邦调查局实验室 |
[11:06] | -I want them to run a complete analysis. -You got it. | -我要他们做一个全面的分析 -明白了 |
[11:10] | And, uh, in the meantime, can I borrow your truck ? | 还有 呃 在此期间 我可不可以借一下你的车 |
[11:23] | Please. | 求你了 |
[11:26] | – Don’t take me. – Come out here. | -别带我走 -出来 |
[11:30] | Step closer. I won’t hurt you. | 走近点 我不会伤害你的 |
[11:35] | – You’re not one of them ? – One of who ? | -你是他们的人吗 -谁们 |
[11:40] | Are you Wallace Schiff? | 你是华莱士·史基夫吗 |
[11:46] | Well, I hate to tell you this, | 我不想告诉你这些 |
[11:48] | Wallace, but you’re supposed to be dead. | 华莱士 不过你应该已经死了 |
[11:50] | They found your skeleton not 200 yards from here. | 他们在离这200码的地方发现了你的骷髅 |
[11:54] | It’s fake. They put it there. | 那是假的 是他们放在那儿的 |
[11:56] | Who put it there ? | 谁放在那儿的 |
[11:59] | You know who. | 你知道是谁 |
[12:02] | The Brown Mountain lights. | 布朗山之光 |
[12:04] | They abducted us– me and my wife Angela. | 他们绑架了我们–我和我的妻子安吉拉 |
[12:08] | They took us on board their– Oh, God ! | 他们把我们带上他们的 噢 天啊 |
[12:11] | Wallace ? Wallace ? | 华莱士 华莱士 |
[12:14] | They found your wife Angela, too, | 他们也发现了你的妻子 |
[12:18] | lying right alongside your skeleton. | 就躺在你的骷髅旁边 |
[12:20] | No. | 不 |
[12:23] | Don’t you get it ? They faked our deaths ! | 你还不明白吗 他们伪造了我们的死亡 |
[12:26] | They have that kind of technology. | 他们有那种技术 |
[12:28] | Who would be looking for us if they | 如果他们认为已经找到了我们的尸体 |
[12:29] | thought they’d already found our bodies ? You see ? | 那还有谁会来找我们 你明白了吗 |
[12:33] | They returned me, but Angela, she’s still up there… | 他们放了我 但是安吉拉 她还在那里 |
[12:36] | being experimented on and I-I-I-I can’t– | 接受实验 我 我不能 |
[12:39] | I don’t know what to– What do I do ? | 我不知道我 我该怎么做 |
[13:15] | Mulder ? | 穆德 |
[13:41] | First things first– we got to find a way out of here. | 首先要做的事–我们必须找到一条出去的路 |
[13:46] | Right behind you. | 就在你后面 |
[13:52] | What the hell’s going on ? | 究竟是怎么回事 |
[13:54] | That was solid rock a minute ago. | 一分钟以前这里还是坚硬的岩石 |
[13:57] | – Now there’s nothing there. – Oh, God. | -现在却什么都没有了 -喔 天啊 |
[14:00] | It’s them. They’re affecting your head. | 是他们 他们在影响你的头脑 |
[14:03] | Maybe mine too. | 也许也在影响我的 |
[14:05] | What if I can’t even tell what’s real ? | 我甚至不知道什么是真实的了 |
[14:08] | Let’s get out of here. | 快点离开这里 |
[14:09] | Come on, Wallace. | 快点 华莱士 |
[14:11] | They’re out there, man. | 他们就在那儿 老兄 |
[14:25] | It’s them ! | 是他们 |
[14:28] | Wallace ! | 华莱士 |
[14:36] | Mulder ? | 穆德 |
[14:48] | Mulder ! | 穆德 |
[15:08] | Don’t let them see you! | 别让他们看见你 |
[15:19] | – They’re gone. – Yeah, for now. | -他们走了 -是的 暂时 |
[15:24] | Thank God they didn’t find us. | 感谢上帝他们没发现我们 |
[15:26] | They should have. | 他们应该发现了 |
[15:29] | Maybe they came for something else. | 也许他们是为了其他事来的 |
[15:45] | Oh, my God ! | 噢 上帝啊 |
[15:49] | Oh, my God ! Angie ! | 噢 上帝啊 安吉尔 |
[15:52] | They brought her back. | 他们把她送回来了 |
[16:00] | Angie, can you talk to me ? | 安吉尔 你能说话吗 |
[16:02] | Do you remember what happened? Can you tell me ? | 你记得发生什么事吗 能告诉我吗 |
[16:06] | It’s all fuzzy and– | 都很模糊 |
[16:07] | You were with your husband– with Wallace. | 你跟你的丈夫在一起 和华莱士 |
[16:11] | There was a light– a bright light. | 有一道光–一道强光 |
[16:15] | Where was that light coming from ? From the mountain ? | 光是从哪里来的 从山上 |
[16:19] | Over Brown Mountain. | 越过布朗山 |
[16:21] | There were strange lights dancing over the peak and– | 有道奇怪的光越过山顶 |
[16:26] | and they took me and Wallace too. | 他们带走了我 还有华莱士 |
[16:33] | And then what happened ? | 然后发生了什么 |
[16:36] | Just… it all went black. | 只是 全变黑了 |
[16:38] | And when I woke up, I didn’t know where I was… | 等我醒过来的时候 我不知道我在哪儿 |
[16:41] | and I couldn’t see Wallace anymore. | 我也看不到华莱士了 |
[16:45] | They returned me first. | 他们把我先送回来了 |
[16:48] | This– This place that they took you to, | 那个 那个他们带你去的地方 |
[16:51] | can you describe it to me, tell me what it looked like ? | 你能给我描述一下吗 告诉我那看起来是什么样子 |
[16:53] | It was… white– | 白色的 |
[16:56] | a white place. | 一个白色的地方 |
[16:58] | It was featureless. I was lying on a table… | 没什么特点 我躺在一张桌子上 |
[17:02] | and I couldn’t get up. | 坐不起来 |
[17:05] | I mean, nothing was holding me down, but I couldn’t move. | 我是说 没有东西压着我 我就是动不了 |
[17:08] | Were there men there ? | 那里有人吗 |
[17:12] | Yes, there were men… | 有 有人 |
[17:15] | standing over me, but I couldn’t see their faces. | 站在我边上 但是我看不到他们的脸 |
[17:20] | Did they perform tests on you ? | 他们对你做过试验吗 |
[17:24] | Yes, they did tests– | 是的 他们做了试验– |
[17:28] | terrible… tests. | 很可怕的试验 |
[17:35] | You have a– | 有一个 呃 |
[17:36] | You have a scar back here on the back of your neck. | 有一个伤疤在你脖子后面 |
[17:39] | What ? | 什么 |
[17:40] | – What scar ? – It’s fresh. | -什么伤疤 -是新的伤疤 |
[17:43] | – What is that ? – It’s an implant. I’ve seen this before. | -那是什么 -是个植入物 我以前见过这个 |
[17:46] | Yes. The drill– I remember the drill. | 是的 那个钻子 我记得那个钻子 |
[17:49] | I– I couldn’t see it at first. That was the worst part. | 我 我一开始看不到 那是最糟糕的事情 |
[17:52] | But I could hear it spinning… | 可是我能听到旋转的声音 |
[17:54] | and it was coming out of the light– | 从那道光里面传出来 |
[17:57] | – What did they put in me ? – Is there one in me ? | -他们把什么东西放到我身体里了 -我身体里也有吗 |
[17:59] | No. Male abductees don’t usually report this. | 没有 男性的遭绑者一般没有报道这个 |
[18:02] | And everything she says is | 而且她说的每一个细节 |
[18:03] | textbook down to the last detail, except for one. | 都符合迄今为止的经典描述 除了一件 |
[18:06] | What ? | 什么 |
[18:06] | Two skeletons identified as yours and Angie’s ? | 那两具被认为是你和安吉拉的骨架 |
[18:09] | I don’t understand that. It doesn’t make sense. | 我不太明白 这根本没有任何意义 |
[18:11] | Maybe they’re like the cattle mutilations you hear about. | 也许他们就像你听说的牲畜虐杀事件一样 |
[18:15] | Maybe they’re part of their tests. | 也许它们只是他们实验的一部分 |
[18:17] | I had that thought. | 我也这样考虑过 |
[18:18] | But there’s no precedent. It’s in none of the literature. | 但是没有过先例 以前从来没有报道过 |
[18:21] | Well, they didn’t want anybody to find us. | 他们不希望任何人找到我们 |
[18:23] | I guess they didn’t want you to know the truth. | 我猜他们不想让你知道真相 |
[18:29] | We got to get out of here right now. | 我们必须现在就离开这里 |
[18:32] | – Oh, no way. – They’re out there. | -这不可能 -他们就在那里 |
[18:34] | They’re always watching. | 他们一直在监视 |
[18:36] | If they find us, if we leave, | 如果他们找到我们 如果我们离开了 |
[18:39] | they’ll take us again. | 他们会再次抓走我们的 |
[18:40] | We’re leaving right now. Gather your things. | 我们现在就走 收拾好你的东西 |
[18:42] | Angie, I’ll help you up. | 安吉拉 我来扶你起来 |
[18:44] | They’re coming. I can feel it. | 他们来了 我能感觉得到 |
[18:50] | – They’re here! – Hide ! They’ll take you too ! | -他们来了 -躲起来 他们会连你一起抓的 |
[18:53] | – We’ve got to hide ! – No ! | -我们必须躲起来 -不 |
[18:59] | No ! | 不要 |
[19:23] | – Scully. – Mulder. | -史考利 -穆德 |
[19:25] | Why the hell did you leave | 为什么你离开了 |
[19:27] | North Carolina without telling me ? | 北卡罗来纳州都不告诉我一声? |
[19:29] | Long story. | 说来话长 |
[19:30] | You disappear and then I get | 你消失了 然后我就接到 |
[19:31] | a furtive call that you’re back here in D.C. ? | 一个鬼鬼祟祟的电话 说你已经回到特区了 |
[19:33] | I’m sorry. Does anybody know you’re here ? | 我很抱歉 有人知道你到这里来吗 |
[19:37] | No. | 没有 |
[19:41] | – Scully, this is– – Angela and Wallace Schiff. | -史考利 这两位是 -安吉拉和华莱士·史基夫 |
[19:46] | But Mulder, it can’t be. | 可是穆德 这不可能. |
[19:48] | This is my partner, Agent Scully. | 这是我的搭档 史考利探员 |
[19:53] | Mulder, I I.D.’d their remains myself. | 穆德 我亲自检查了他们的遗体 |
[19:56] | Yeah, I think you were meant to. | 是的 我知道你会这么说 |
[19:58] | Agent Scully, the aliens | 史考利探员 |
[20:00] | planted decoys so you would think we were dead. | 外星人设下圈套让你们以为我们都死了 |
[20:04] | The aliens ? | 外星人 |
[20:11] | Scully, I want you to… | 史考利 我希望你能够 |
[20:12] | put aside your scientific bias for a moment. | 把你的科学偏见先放到一边 |
[20:16] | ‘Cause what I’m about to | 因为我要告诉你的事 |
[20:17] | tell you is gonna change your life forever– | 将会永远改变你的生活– |
[20:21] | your life, my life, | 你的生活 我的生活 |
[20:23] | the life of everybody on this planet. | 这个星球上的每一个人的生活 |
[20:27] | – Mulder– – I was out there… | -穆德 -我在那里 |
[20:30] | and I found it. | 发现了这个 |
[20:34] | – What ? – The truth. | -什么 -真相 |
[20:37] | This couple– they were abducted by a U.F.O.– | 这对夫妇–他们被不明飞行物– |
[20:42] | the Brown Mountain lights. | 布朗山之光绑架了 |
[20:45] | They took me to a white place. There were men there. | 他们把我带到一个白色的地方 那里有人 |
[20:48] | They put an implant in my neck. | 他们在我脖子后面植入了一个东西 |
[20:52] | Just like what happened to you. | 就跟发生在你身上的事情一样 |
[20:56] | Mulder, from what very little I | 穆德 据我对这个案子 |
[20:58] | understand about this case, | 有限的所知来看 |
[20:59] | this is not what happened to me. | 这跟我身上发生的事情不一样 |
[21:02] | There’s more. | 还有别的 |
[21:13] | It doesn’t like the light. | 它不太喜欢光 |
[21:16] | Who ? | 谁 |
[21:33] | I abducted him. | 我绑架了他 |
[21:37] | It’s a gray. | 是灰色的 |
[21:40] | It speaks to me. | 它对我说话 |
[21:43] | We communicate telepathically. | 我们用心灵感应相互交流 |
[21:46] | He told me everything. | 他把所有事都告诉我了 |
[21:51] | – I– I can hear him. – Yeah. | -我 我能听到他说话 -是呀 |
[21:57] | Oh, my God ! | 噢 上帝呀 |
[22:18] | I, uh– I don’t know what to say, Mulder– | 我 呃 我不知道该说什么 穆德 |
[22:22] | where to begin. | 不知道该从何说起 |
[22:25] | I mean, you– you were right. | 我是说 你 你是对的 |
[22:30] | All these years, you were right. | 这么多年来 你一直是对的 |
[22:32] | You think so ? | 你这样想吗 |
[22:35] | You were right about the grays, about– | 你一直是对的 关于小灰人 关于 |
[22:38] | about the abductions, about the U.F.O.S, | 关于诱拐案 关于不明飞行物 |
[22:42] | the lights, the Brown Mountain lights– | 那些光 那个布朗山之光 |
[22:44] | What about the skeletons ? | 那些骨架是怎么回事 |
[22:47] | They were– They were fake. They were decoys. | 它们是 它们是假的 它们是个圈套 |
[22:50] | You’re buying that decoy theory ? | 你也同意那是个圈套 |
[22:53] | What about that organic substance | 我们在骨架上发现的 |
[22:55] | we found on the skeletons ? | 有机质又是什么 |
[22:56] | That goo you were so interested in ? | 那些你很感兴趣的粘液呢 |
[22:58] | It was nothing. It was bog sludge. | 那无关紧要 只是沼泽淤泥罢了 |
[23:04] | That, uh, doesn’t sound like you, Scully. | 这个 呃 听起来不像是你说的 史考利 |
[23:08] | It, uh– God, I can’t believe you’re buying this. | 哦 上帝 我不相信你会同意这个观点 |
[23:14] | Mulder, I’m admitting that I was wrong. | 穆德 我承认是我错了 |
[23:18] | Are– Are you all right ? | 你还好吗 |
[23:54] | How are you feeling ? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[23:58] | – This doesn’t make any sense. – What ? | -这没有道理 -什么 |
[24:00] | These two, their story, their skeletons, none of it. | 这两个人 他们的故事 他们的骨架 全都没有道理 |
[24:04] | Mulder, if I, of all people, | 穆德 所有的人 |
[24:05] | can believe this, then why can’t you ? | 就连我也相信了 为什么你又不相信了 |
[24:47] | Did you go inside the cave ? | 你有没有进洞检查过 |
[24:49] | Yeah, I looked. It’s empty. | 是的 我查过 里面是空的 |
[24:51] | It’s as if he just vanished. | 就好像他凭空消失了 |
[24:55] | He’s got to be around. | 他一定就在附近 |
[24:58] | We’ll catch up to him. I know this area pretty well. | 我们会找到他的 我非常了解这个地区 |
[25:01] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[25:04] | It’s more of that digestive material. | 这里有更多的消化物质 |
[25:07] | Looks like it’s coming up from out of the ground. | 看起来像是从地下冒出来的 |
[25:24] | Agent Scully ? | 史考利探员 |
[25:28] | I got tracks going in and out. | 这里有一些进进出出的脚印 |
[25:31] | They were only going in before. | 以前只有进去的脚印 |
[25:34] | – I guess you missed him. – How ? | -我猜你跟他错过了 -怎么会 |
[25:37] | I mean, this cave’s not much more than a hole in the rock. | 我是说 这个洞只不过是岩石上的一个孔而已 |
[25:42] | Agent Scully? | 史考利探员 |
[26:24] | The courier just arrived. | 速递员刚刚才到 |
[26:26] | They brought your partner’s charts. | 他们带来了你搭档的表格 |
[26:48] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[26:50] | I know it’s difficult. | 我知道这很难接受 |
[27:08] | That, um– | 那些 呃 |
[27:10] | That digestive secretion that we keep finding, | 我们一直在找的消化分泌物 |
[27:14] | could it– could it have done this to him ? | 可不可能 可不可能造成这个结果 |
[27:17] | I’m not sure I follow. | 我不太明白你的意思 |
[27:19] | Well, it’s– it’s chemically similar | 这个在化学上与胃液 |
[27:21] | to gastric juices, right ? | 很相似 不是吗 |
[27:23] | I mean, maybe he fell in it or… | 我是说 也许他掉了进去 |
[27:26] | maybe it’s a product of a | 也许这是生长在 |
[27:27] | particular vegetation that grows in the area. | 这一地区的特殊植物制造出来的 |
[27:30] | That… all sounds plausible, I guess, | 这些听起来都有可能 我想 |
[27:34] | except for one thing. | 除了一件事 |
[27:39] | There’s no sign of it on these remains. | 这些遗骨上没有这种痕迹 |
[28:01] | It was– It was on the Schiffs. | 可是 史基夫的骨架上是有的 |
[28:07] | I just think we need to look for the simplest explanation– | 我只是认为我们应该找一个最简单的解释 |
[28:13] | the most logical. | 最合逻辑的 |
[28:16] | What is the most logical explanation ? | 最合逻辑的解释是什么 |
[28:21] | I’d say we’re looking at a murder– | 我认为我们面对的是件谋杀案 |
[28:24] | one with ritualistic overtones. | 可能与某种宗教仪式有关 |
[28:26] | I think his body was stripped… | 我认为他们被分尸了 |
[28:29] | and then skeletonized, | 然后被制成骷髅 |
[28:31] | possibly by boiling or use of an acid solution. | 可能是经过蒸煮或是经过某种酸的处理 |
[28:38] | Don’t worry, Agent. We’ll take care of the arrangements. | 别担心 探员 我们会有所安排的 |
[28:44] | What arrangement ? | 什么安排 |
[28:46] | We’ll have the remains sent on to Washington. | 我们会把遗骸送到华盛顿去 |
[28:53] | I appreciate the thoroughness of your report, | 我很欣赏你这份报告的完整性 |
[28:58] | especially given the circumstances. | 特别是在这种情况下 |
[29:02] | It might be best if you took some time off– a short leave. | 你最好休息一段时间 休个短假 |
[29:08] | Agent ? | 探员 |
[29:12] | Sir ? | 长官 |
[29:15] | You’re satisfied with my conclusions in this case ? | 你对我对这个案子的结论满意吗 |
[29:18] | Absolutely. | 非常满意 |
[29:21] | I take it you’re not. | 我能理解你的不满意 |
[29:26] | I was unable to determine a clear cause of death, | 我没办法确定真正的死因 |
[29:29] | nor was I able to fully | 我也没办法 |
[29:31] | account for the condition of Agent Mulder’s body. | 对穆德探员尸体的状况做出完整的说明 |
[29:34] | You concluded he was a victim of a ritual killing. | 你的结论说他是一起涉及到宗教的谋杀案的受害者 |
[29:38] | No. | 不 |
[29:39] | I mean that was one possible scenario that I mentioned, | 我是说 那只是我提到的一种可能性 |
[29:44] | but in my mind it– it was the least plausible. | 但是在我的印象里 这是可能性最小的一个 |
[29:49] | Not only is it plausible, it’s– it’s, uh– | 不仅仅是有可能的 这是 呃 |
[29:51] | it’s likely. | 这是可信的 |
[29:54] | Why are you questioning your own findings ? | 为什么你怀疑你自己的发现呢 |
[29:58] | My role in the X-Files has always been to provide… | 我在X档案里的职责总是 |
[30:02] | a rational scientific perspective… | 给那些看起来无法解释的案子 |
[30:04] | to cases that would seem to defy explanation– | 作出一个合理的科学解释 |
[30:07] | a counterpoint to Agent Mulder. | 一个与穆德探员相对照的观点 |
[30:09] | And you have done that. | 你已经做到了 |
[30:11] | – You have performed admirably. – Have I ? | -而且你做得很好 -有吗 |
[30:15] | How many X-Files has my scientific approach… | 有多少件X档案是因为我的科学判断 |
[30:19] | fully and satisfactorily explained ? | 才得到完整的圆满的解释呢 |
[30:22] | Your reports have consistently made sense | 你的报告使得他的结论 |
[30:25] | of his conclusions. | 有了意义 |
[30:26] | Sir, this one makes no sense at all. | 长官 这个报告根本没有意义 |
[30:31] | Are you suggesting this is anything other than a murder ? | 你是说这件案子不仅仅是谋杀案那么简单 |
[30:35] | That’s what Agent Mulder would have thought. | 那是穆德探员会有的想法 |
[30:40] | You think he would have been right ? | 你认为他是对的 |
[30:46] | Given Mulder’s life work, | 考虑到穆德毕生的事业 |
[30:50] | it’s tempting to attribute his death | 将他的死因归因于超自然的 |
[30:51] | to the paranormal– the unexplained, the unknown– | 无法解释的未知现象是很诱人的 |
[30:54] | but that’s simply not the case here. | 但这跟这个案子没关系 |
[30:56] | You need to see this for what it is. | 你必须要看清楚事情的真相 |
[30:59] | And given that, | 然后得出结论 |
[31:02] | I promise you we’ll get the bastard who did this. | 我向你保证 我们会抓到那个做了这件事的混蛋的 |
[32:09] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:27] | Agent Scully, how are you holding up ? | 史考利探员 你能撑得住吗 |
[32:31] | I, uh– I still can’t believe it. | 我 呃 我还是无法相信 |
[32:35] | Neither can we. I half | 我们也是 |
[32:36] | expect Mulder to come knocking at that door. | 我还希望穆德会回来敲门 |
[32:40] | – “Surprise.” – This will dull the pain. | -给人个惊喜 -这个能减少一点痛苦 |
[32:43] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[32:51] | Just so you know, | 正好要告诉你 |
[32:56] | we’ve launched our own investigation. | 我们会展开自己的调查 |
[33:00] | I was beginning to think that | 我都要开始相信 |
[33:01] | I was the only one who was at all suspicious. | 自己是唯一一个还有怀疑的人呢 |
[33:03] | We’ll find him. We’ll find him and we’ll make him pay. | 我们会找到他 我们会找到他 让他付出代价 |
[33:07] | – Find who ? – The son of a bitch who killed Mulder. | -找到谁 -那个杀了穆德的畜牲 |
[33:10] | I hope you’re not offended, but we, | 我希望你不会生气 不过我们 |
[33:12] | uh, managed to get a hold of your report. | 呃 设法弄到了你的报告 |
[33:15] | I must say, we were impressed by the thoroughness of it. | 我必须说 我们被报告的完整性打动了 |
[33:18] | – Especially given the circumstances. – I don’t understand. | -尤其是考虑到你的情况 -我不明白 |
[33:21] | We concur with your findings. | 我们同意你的结论 |
[33:22] | Clearly, this was a ritualistic murder. | 很明显 这是一起涉及宗教的谋杀案 |
[33:25] | Those were not my findings. | 那些不是我的结论 |
[33:29] | You guys believe that, too– that Mulder was murdered ? | 你们这些家伙也相信那个 相信穆德是被谋杀的 |
[33:32] | It’s the obvious answer. | 这是明显的答案 |
[33:34] | No, it is not the obvious answer ! | 不 这不是明显的答案 |
[33:38] | We believe his body was stripped, | 我们相信他被分尸了 |
[33:39] | then skeletonized, possibly by boiling… | 然后被制成骷髅 可能是经过蒸煮 |
[33:41] | or the use of an acid solution. | 或是某种酸的处理 |
[33:44] | We’ll make that monkey pay. | 我们会让那个兔崽子付出代价的 |
[33:45] | What the hell is wrong with everybody ? | 你们大家到底都怎么了 |
[33:48] | You guys, there are unanswered questions here ! | 你们这些家伙 根本还没有合理的解释 |
[33:51] | Am I the only one that’s asking them ? | 我是这里唯一一个有疑问的人吗 |
[33:57] | I could use a drink. | 我要去喝一杯了 |
[34:00] | You three, of all people, should be all over this, | 你们三个 所有的人 全都没救了 |
[34:05] | not buying the party line. | 别来参加这个聚会了 |
[34:07] | Something else is going on here. | 听着 事情没有那么简单 |
[34:09] | Am I the only one who thinks that ? | 我是唯一一个这样想的人吗 |
[34:11] | Are you all right ? | 你还好吗 |
[34:22] | I think you need to go | 我想你应该回家去休息一下 |
[34:23] | home and get some rest. I’ll call you a cab. | 我帮你叫出租车 |
[34:26] | What have you done with him ? | 你对他们做了些什么 |
[34:28] | Scully, you’re emotionally distraught. | 史考利 你的情绪太激动了 |
[34:29] | You need to calm down and get some rest. | 你需要冷静下来 休息一会儿 |
[34:31] | Where is Mulder ? What have you done with him ? | 穆德在哪儿 他在哪里 你们对他做了什么 |
[34:34] | Listen to me. He’s gone. You need to accept that. | 听我说 他已经死了 你必须接受这个事实 |
[34:37] | Something else is going on here ! Where is he ? | 事情没有那么简单 他在哪儿 |
[34:41] | Where’s Mulder ? | 穆德在哪儿 |
[35:18] | Scully. | 史考利 |
[35:30] | We were in the cave when the light came. | 我们在洞里 然后光就过来了 |
[35:35] | It was a blinding… | 那是眩目的 |
[35:37] | blue-white light. | 蓝白色的光 |
[35:41] | And then they took me. | 然后他们抓住了我 |
[35:45] | I was abducted. | 我被绑架了 |
[35:47] | I found myself in some kind of medical bay. | 我发现自己在某种医疗室里 |
[35:50] | It was white, featureless. | 那是白色的 没有特点的 |
[35:52] | It was just as the Schiffs had described it. | 就像史基夫夫妇描述的那样 |
[35:55] | Mulder, the Schiffs are dead. | 穆德 史基夫夫妇已经死了 |
[35:57] | No, actually, they’re not. | 不 事实上 他们没死 |
[35:59] | Mulder, their remains were discovered in a field. | 穆德 他们的遗骸在一个旷野上被找到了 |
[36:04] | That’s– That’s what brought us to | 一开始就是这个把我们带到 |
[36:06] | this case in the first place. | 这件案子里的 |
[36:08] | I found your remains in that same field. | 我还在同一个地方找到了你的遗骸 |
[36:10] | Look at me. I’m here. | 看着我 我在这儿 |
[36:14] | How did you get here ? | 你是怎么回来的 |
[36:16] | Aliens brought me back here. | 外星人把我带回来的 |
[36:19] | From North Carolina direct to your apartment door ? | 从北卡罗来纳直接送到你公寓的门口 |
[36:25] | Mulder, you don’t remember getting here, do you ? | 穆德 你不记得是怎么回来的 是不是 |
[36:32] | Neither do I. | 我也不记得 |
[36:34] | It doesn’t change what happened. | 这跟发生的事情无关 |
[36:37] | Mulder, why did you knock ? This is your apartment. | 穆德 你为什么敲门 这是你的公寓 |
[36:40] | And you don’t seem the least bit surprised to find me here. | 而且你看到我在这里一点也不吃惊 |
[36:45] | And what about the Schiffs ? | 那个史基夫夫妇又怎么了 |
[36:48] | I mean, if they’re– if they’re alive, as you say, then– | 我是说 如果他们 如果他们还活着 就像你说的 那么 |
[36:54] | then where are they– where’d they go ? | 那么他们在哪儿 他们到哪儿去了 |
[36:57] | Mulder, five minutes ago… | 穆德 五分钟前 |
[37:00] | this room was filled with people attending your wake. | 这个房间还被来给你守丧的人挤得满满的 |
[37:03] | Well, what can I say, Scully ? I’m here. I’m real. | 我该怎么说呢 史考利 我在这里 我是真的 |
[37:06] | Mulder, this is not reality. | 穆德 这不是真实的 |
[37:08] | This is a hallucination. It has to be. | 这是幻觉 一定是的 |
[37:11] | And either I am having it or | 不是我的幻觉 |
[37:13] | you are having it or we are having it together. | 就是你的幻觉 要不是是我们两个共同的幻觉 |
[37:15] | Brought on by what ? | 是什么引起的呢 |
[37:16] | Something that we found in that field, Mulder, | 是一些我们在那里发现的东西 穆德 |
[37:19] | because that’s where it began. | 因为一切都是从那里开始的 |
[37:22] | Wild mushroom. | 野蘑菇 |
[37:25] | Wild mushrooms, Mulder. | 是野蘑菇 穆德 |
[37:27] | They were growing there. | 它们长在那里 |
[37:29] | I stepped on one and it gave off spores. | 我踩到了一个 它释放出孢子 |
[37:31] | Several varieties of mushrooms | 有几种蘑菇 |
[37:33] | are known for their hallucinogenic properties. | 能够使人产生幻觉 |
[37:36] | If we inhaled it– | 如果我们吸入了孢子 |
[37:38] | Whatever happened to the most logical explanation ? | 这是对所发生的事情的最合理解释吗 |
[37:40] | This is it, Mulder. What if we’re still there– | 就是这样 穆德 会不会我们还在那里 |
[37:43] | if we’re still in that cave in North Carolina ? | 还在那个北卡罗来纳的洞里呢 |
[37:46] | That we’re not here in this apartment right now? | 会不会我们现在根本就不在这个公寓里呢 |
[37:50] | – Whoa, Scully. – Mulder, bear with me. | -喔 史考利 -穆德 听我说 |
[37:53] | I think this is making sense. | 我认为这样能解释得通 |
[37:55] | I think that Angela and Wallace Schiff… | 我认为安吉拉和华莱士·史基夫 |
[37:58] | were digested by that substance that | 被我在那块地里 |
[37:59] | I found all over that field. | 发现的物质消化了 |
[38:01] | That they were dissolved and | 他们被溶解了 |
[38:03] | then expelled up out of the ground. | 然后被排泄到上面的地面上 |
[38:05] | What if that substance… | 会不会那种物质 |
[38:07] | and this hallucinogen are from one | 和这种幻觉都来自于同一个 |
[38:09] | and the same organism ? | 或是同一种生物呢 |
[38:11] | A giant mushroom ? | 一种巨型蘑菇 |
[38:12] | A giant fungal organism, Mulder. | 一种巨型真菌生物 穆德 |
[38:14] | We already know that they exist. | 我们已经知道了他们是存在的 |
[38:16] | Biologists have found specimens | 生物学家已经发现了 |
[38:17] | that range dozens of acres… | 占地数英亩 |
[38:19] | that weigh hundreds of tons. | 重达上百吨的标本 |
[38:23] | And what if this one needs to feed on living tissue ? | 会不会这是一种以活体组织为食的菌呢 穆德 |
[38:25] | There is carnivorous plant life. | 确实有肉食植物存在 |
[38:27] | There’s the Venus flytrap and the pitcher plant. | 比如维纳斯捕蝇草 还有猪笼草 |
[38:30] | Mulder, what if this one puts off a hallucinogen– | 穆德 会不会这种真菌能放出一种迷幻剂 |
[38:33] | To lure its prey into the cave ? | 来引诱它的猎物进洞 |
[38:35] | To make it complacent– | 使猎物感到满足 |
[38:38] | to keep it still while it devours it. | 保持安静 好让它吞食 |
[38:43] | What if we’re still underground, Mulder ? | 会不会我们还在地下 穆德 |
[38:45] | What if we’re moving deeper into the cave, | 会不会我们已经到了洞穴深处 |
[38:48] | or being moved? | 或是被移走了 |
[38:51] | Mulder, what if we’re being digested ? | 穆德 我们会不会正在被消化 |
[38:57] | Right now. | 就在现在 |
[39:55] | The exact size of this organism has yet to be determined ? | 这个生物的大小还没有确定下来吗 |
[39:59] | That’s correct, sir. | 的确如此 长官 |
[40:03] | We know that the organism extends for at least ten acres. | 我们知道这个生物至少占地十英亩 |
[40:07] | Though it’s mostly subterranean, so it may be far larger. | 可是它大部分是在地下 所以可能还会大得多 |
[40:10] | We’ve contacted Fish and Wildlife. | 我们通知了渔业及野生动物组织 |
[40:12] | We’ve contacted the North Carolina State | 我们也通知了北卡罗来纳州的 |
[40:15] | Health Department… | 卫生部门 |
[40:16] | as well as the local F.B.I. Field office in Raleigh. | 还通知了罗利当地的FBI分局 |
[40:19] | And we’ve contacted a | 我们还联系到了 |
[40:20] | mycologist at the Smithsonian for good measure. | 史密森学会的真菌学家来研究对策 |
[40:22] | We think we have our bases covered. | 我们认为我们已经基本控制了局面 |
[40:24] | The lab results determined that | 实验结果表明我们 |
[40:27] | the spores we were exposed to… | 接触到的孢子中 |
[40:28] | have a chemical structure similar to L.S.D. | 存在着一种类似于麦角酰二乙胺(LSD)的化学物质 |
[40:33] | They also contain an alkaloid which | 其中还包含了一种能够 |
[40:35] | induces a state of narcosis. | 致人晕迷的生物碱 |
[40:40] | It’s a rare day when the two of you sign off | 你们两个能在同一份报告上签字 |
[40:43] | on the same report. | 还真是少见 |
[40:49] | Agent Mulder ? | 穆德探员 |
[40:52] | I’m just thinking. | 我只是在想 |
[40:55] | Uh, I’m not exactly clear on how we escaped. | 呃 我不太清楚我们是怎么逃脱的 |
[40:59] | – What’s not clear ? – Once you | -哪里不清楚 -一旦 |
[41:00] | recognized we were under a chemical influence, | 你意识到我们是处在一种化学物质的影响下 |
[41:04] | then it simply kind of… broke its spell ? | 然后就简单得像是 破坏了它的魔法 |
[41:08] | – That’s right. – Scully, how could we simply… | -是这样 -史考利 我们怎么那么容易 |
[41:11] | will ourselves out of a chemical hallucination ? | 就摆脱了化学迷幻剂的作用了呢 |
[41:15] | – Well, the fact remains we did. – Did we ? | -事实上我们的确做到了 -是吗 |
[41:19] | Can you name me one drug that loses | 你能告诉我一种药吗 |
[41:20] | its effect once the user realizes it’s in his system ? | 一旦使用者意识到自己在用药 药物作用就会消失 |
[41:23] | I assume the effects wore off | 我想是药效消失了 |
[41:24] | to the point you were able to make your escape. | 你们才能够逃脱的 |
[41:26] | How long were we underground– hours, half a day? | 史考利 我们在地下呆了多久 几个小时 半天 |
[41:30] | How come our bodies don’t show | 为什么消化液的侵蚀 |
[41:31] | effects of being burned by the digestive fluids ? | 没有对我们的身体造成任何的影响 |
[41:33] | We were covered in hydrochloric acid, | 我们被盐酸包裹住 |
[41:35] | yet look at our skin. Nothing. | 看看我们的皮肤 什么都没有 |
[41:36] | Agent Mulder, where are you going with this ? | 穆德探员 你这么说是什么意思 |
[41:39] | Scully, we never escaped. | 史考利 我们没有逃脱 |
[41:45] | We’re still trapped underground. | 我们仍然被困在地下 |
[41:48] | Mulder, we did escape. | 穆德 我们的确逃脱了 |
[41:52] | I think you’re suffering | 我想你受伤后 |
[41:54] | from post-traumatic stress. – No, I’m not. | -承受的压力太大了-不 我没有 |
[41:57] | This is not real. You–you’re not real. | 这是不真实的 你 你也是不真实的 |
[42:00] | Mulder, I– | 穆德 我 |
[42:02] | I’ll prove it, Scully. I’ll prove it. | 我会证明的 史考利 我会证明 |
[42:05] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[42:56] | Over here ! | 在这儿 |
[43:01] | Hey ! | 嘿 |
[43:10] | Rescue, over here ! | 救生员 在这儿 |
[43:14] | – He’s alive. – Hurry up ! | -他还活着 -快点 |
[43:19] | Get him out ! Get him out ! | 拉他出来 拉他出来 |
[43:30] | Keep digging ! She’s down here ! | 继续挖 她在下面 |
[43:35] | Pull her up. Get her out ! | 拉住她 拉她出来 |
[43:49] | – Mushroom. – We found it. | -蘑菇 -我们已经知道了 |
[43:55] | Just take it easy, Agent. | 别担心 探员 |