时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | Mr. Maleeni. | 马力尼先生 |
[00:27] | Hey, guy. You ready to rumble? | 嘿 老兄 你准备打架了吗 |
[00:29] | If by “Rumble” You mean perform, yes, I am. | 如果你「打架」指的是表演 是的 |
[00:33] | Cool. You know how he said you get 125 for the day? | 真酷 你知道他怎么说你一天赚125元吗 |
[00:37] | It’s gonna be 75 instead. The gate’s for crap. | 我们只给75元 门是陷阱 |
[00:40] | But, hey, the show’s gotta go on, right? | 但表演将继续 对吧 |
[00:43] | – This will be my greatest show ever. – Right on. | -这将是我最伟大的表演 -说得对 |
[00:52] | Ladies and gentlemen, damas y caballeros, | 女士们 先生们 女士们 先生们(西班牙语) |
[00:54] | I aim today not just to entertain but to educate, | 今天不只是娱乐 还包括了教育 |
[00:58] | to instruct and inform in the venerable… | 指导和传授… |
[01:03] | And ancient history of my art. | 这个艺术的庄严和古老历史 |
[01:07] | UntilJohann Nepomuk Hofsinzer… | 直到杰安·尼泊幕·霍新 |
[01:09] | called playing cards the poetry of magic, | 称玩纸牌为”魔术之诗” |
[01:12] | a conjuror’s skill was determined entirely by his ability… | 魔术师的技巧决定于他的能力.. |
[01:17] | to perform one effect. | 表演一种特殊效果 |
[01:20] | That effect was known as the cups and balls. | 大家熟知的技巧是杯和球 |
[01:23] | The games were known for hundreds, | 这个游戏流传了百年 |
[01:26] | if not thousands of years. | 甚至千年 |
[01:27] | Perhaps the greatest performer | 也许最棒的表演者 |
[01:29] | was the Italian Bartolomeo Bosco. | 是意大利的巴博斯克 |
[01:31] | Get on with it. | 快开始吧 |
[01:37] | Bosco’s passes with the cups and balls. | 巴博斯克的杯球游戏非常精彩.. |
[01:44] | Wah-day… | 哗达 |
[01:49] | chubio… | 楚比 |
[01:53] | colerader. | 可罗 |
[01:55] | Three gone… | 三个不见了 |
[01:57] | and yet three… return. | 然后..三个回来了 |
[02:01] | Bosco had only one contemporary rival, | 巴博斯克只有一个对手.. |
[02:03] | a slightly older Frenchman named Conus, | 一个比他老一点的法国人可努 |
[02:06] | who announced in 1795… | 他在1795年.. |
[02:08] | that he would make his wife, | 宣称能让身高五尺七的老婆 |
[02:09] | who was five-foot seven, appear under one of the cups. | 出现在其中一个杯底 |
[02:12] | Practice though I have, | 虽然我也会 |
[02:14] | I have been unable even to get married. | 但我却还没有结婚 |
[02:20] | Conus placed one ball in his pocket. | 可努把一个球放入口袋.. |
[02:23] | He put the second ball away. | 他拿走第二个球 |
[02:26] | Putting the third ball in his hand, he made it vanish, | 把第三个球放在手上 他把它变不见 |
[02:29] | and that’s the mystery… | 而杯和球的秘密.. |
[02:31] | of the cups and the balls. | 就出现在这里 |
[02:38] | Yo! Can’t you do anything that ain’t a hundred years old? | 你可以别去表演百年历史的魔术吗 |
[02:42] | That ain’t old school, that’s decrepit. | 那不是老套了 太老旧了 |
[02:46] | Young man, shall I come heckle you on your job? | 年轻人 你工作的时候我可以起哄吗 |
[02:49] | Make sure you count out | 你能保证数得出来 |
[02:51] | the requisite number of McNuggets? | 麦乐鸡需要的数量吗 |
[02:53] | Show me somethin’. | 露出点本事来 |
[02:56] | Come on. Show me somethin’. | 快 露出点本事来 |
[03:02] | A callow challenge to be met by experience and skill. | 经验老手遇到乳臭未干的小子 |
[03:07] | To wit, the Egyptian Dedi, | 注意看 埃及德迪.. |
[03:10] | whose most celebrated feat… | 最出名的表演.. |
[03:13] | was to reattach a recently severed head, | 重新接上刚断掉的头颅 |
[03:16] | reuniting it with the still-warm body… | 重新与温热身体结合.. |
[03:20] | and no harm done. | 并且没有任何伤口 |
[03:22] | Western history knows… | 西方历史告诉我们.. |
[03:24] | three previous attempts at recreating… | 以前有三个人想尝试.. |
[03:27] | this Noachian feat, | 再现这种诺亚的壮举 |
[03:30] | each of the three ending in tragedy. | 但三种都以悲剧结束 |
[03:34] | This will be the fourth. | 这将是第四次.. |
[03:38] | May I have complete silence, please? | 我能要求安静吗 |
[03:55] | Yeah! | 太棒了 |
[03:58] | Senor Maleeni! Ho ho! | 马力尼先生 哦 哦 |
[04:02] | Folks, let’s give it up for the Amazing Maleeni. | 各位观众 “神奇的马力尼”暂时告一段落 |
[04:12] | Guy, you rock. That kicked ass. | 伙计 太酷太炫了 |
[04:14] | I mean, it looked completely real. | 它看起来完全像真的一样 |
[04:17] | How did you do that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[04:19] | Oh, yeah, right. Magic. | 哦 是的 魔术嘛 |
[04:24] | Oh, hey, your money. Hold up. | 嘿 你的钱 等一下 |
[04:29] | Two, four, fifty, fifty-five, | 二 四 五十 五十五 |
[04:31] | sixty, sixty-five, seventy, seventy-five. | 六十 六十五 七十 七十五 |
[04:34] | You earned it. Mr. Maleeni? | 你应得的 马力尼先生 |
[04:39] | Mr. Maleeni. | 马力尼先生 |
[04:45] | Oh, God! Oh… | 哦 天哪 哦.. |
[05:51] | – Neat trick, huh? – I can think of a neater one… | -巧妙的戏法 是吗 -我能想到更熟练的.. |
[05:55] | how you convinced me to drop | 你如何说服我推掉所有的事情 |
[05:57] | everything and get on the first plane to Los Angeles. | 然后坐上第一班飞机到洛杉矶 |
[05:59] | Come on, Scully. This isn’t intriguing enough for you? | 史卡利 这不够吸引你吗 |
[06:02] | A magician turns his head completely around, 360 degrees, | 魔术师的头能转360度呢 |
[06:06] | to the delight of young and old alike, | 取悦所有的观众.. |
[06:08] | after which it plops unceremoniously onto the pier. | 表演完之后居然扑通一声掉在码头上 |
[06:11] | – See the picture? – Yeah, I saw the picture. | -看到照片了吗 -我看到照片了 |
[06:15] | And as for this Amazing | “神奇马力尼” |
[06:16] | Maleeni turning his head all the way around… | 能把头自由旋转.. |
[06:18] | Like you said, Mulder, neat trick. | 如你所说 是熟练的把戏 |
[06:20] | – But? – But… I’d guess this event… | -但 -但我认为这个事件.. |
[06:25] | was completely removed from his subsequent murder. | 是因为随后他遭到谋杀 |
[06:28] | – You think this was a murder? – Don’t you? | -你认为这是谋杀 -不是吗 |
[06:32] | Mulder, his head was cut off. | 穆德 他的头被割掉 |
[06:34] | Ah. Observe the nearly complete absence of blood. | 我观察到血几乎流光.. |
[06:37] | Observe the paucity of fingerprints, | 观察洛杉矶警局采集到的 |
[06:39] | as evidenced by the L.A.P.D. ‘s liberal use… | 指纹证据.. |
[06:42] | Of lycopodium powder. | 还有石松粉 |
[06:43] | Why are you talking like Tony Randall? | 你为什么说话像托尼·兰德尔 一样 |
[06:45] | Know that the Amazing Maleeni | 马力尼能够暂时 |
[06:47] | was alive one moment and expired the next. | 活着一段时间才死亡 |
[06:49] | Know also that no one saw his fleeing attacker, | 没人看见凶手 |
[06:51] | nor heard the dying man’s cries. | 听见他呼叫 |
[06:53] | Mulder, I admit that I don’t know how it happened, | 我承认不知道怎么发生的.. |
[06:56] | but I still say that it was a murder. | 但我仍然认为是谋杀 |
[06:59] | So what’s your theory? | 那么你的推测呢 |
[07:01] | A magic trick gone horribly wrong. | 魔术表演发生了恐怖的错误.. |
[07:04] | One that claims the lives of all who attempt it. | 有个观众要求他表演这个魔术 |
[07:06] | Can I see that camcorder again? | 我能再看一次录像吗 |
[07:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:12] | A tourist videotaped… | 一个游客拍摄了.. |
[07:15] | Maleeni’s performance. | 马力尼的表演 |
[07:19] | This… | 这个.. |
[07:22] | That ain’t old school, that’s decrepit. | 那不是老套了 太老旧了 |
[07:26] | – Show me somethin’. – Who’s the heckler? | -露出点本事来 -起哄的是谁 |
[07:27] | Come on. Show me somethin’. | 快 露出点本事来 |
[07:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:41] | Neat trick, huh? | 熟练的技巧 是吗 |
[07:44] | Hang on a second. Let me see this. | 等等 让我看这个.. |
[07:50] | That heckler’s pretty hard to impress, wouldn’t you say? | 这个闹场的人难以满足啊 你觉得呢 |
[07:55] | Look at him. He just takes off in a huff. | 看看他 他开始愤怒了 |
[07:57] | You think he’s a murderer? | 你认为他是凶手 |
[07:59] | It’s worth checking out, don’t you think? | 值得调查 你不认为吗 |
[08:01] | I don’t know. That’d be a | 我不知道 |
[08:03] | neat trick in itself. You never see his face. | 对他来说是熟练的技巧 你一直看不到他的脸 |
[08:05] | Ah! But observe. | 但你看.. |
[08:10] | His discarded soda cup. | 他丢掉了可乐杯.. |
[08:12] | The hand may be quicker than the eye, | 手比眼快 |
[08:14] | but it still leaves fingerprints. | 但仍会留下指纹 |
[08:15] | – Provided they haven’t dumped the trash. – Skeptic. | -他们还没有倒掉垃圾 -很可疑 |
[08:33] | Mr. LaBonge? | 拉邦奇先生 |
[08:36] | We’re agents Mulder and Scully from the F.B.I. | 我们是FBI探员穆德和史卡利 |
[08:41] | Were you at the Santa Monica Pier yesterday morning? | 昨天早上你去过圣莫妮卡码头吗 |
[08:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:47] | You attended a magic show, the Amazing Maleeni? | 你看了”神奇马力尼”的魔术表演吗 |
[08:51] | Yeah, he sucks. Why? | 是的 他很差劲 怎么了 |
[08:53] | He’s dead, under extremely suspicious circumstances. | 他死了 死得莫名奇妙 |
[08:59] | He still sucks. | 他仍很差劲 |
[09:01] | – How’d you find me? – Your fingerprints. | -你们怎么找到我的 -你的指纹 |
[09:05] | You have a criminal record. | 你有犯罪记录 |
[09:07] | A conviction for pickpocketing. | 因为偷窃而被判罪 |
[09:09] | Man, that was performance art. | 拜托 那是表演的艺术 |
[09:12] | Besides, it’s ancient history. | 而且 那是很久以前的事了 |
[09:14] | What are you saying? You think I killed him? | 你们的意思什么 以为我杀了他 |
[09:17] | Well, you’re on videotape heckling the deceased. | 录像带里面 你在讽刺死者 |
[09:20] | What did you have against Mr. Maleeni? | 你和马力尼有何冲突 |
[09:27] | First of all, his name’s not Maleeni. | 首先 他不叫马力尼 |
[09:31] | That’s the name of a real magician, | 那是一个真正魔术师的名字 |
[09:34] | a guy at the turn of the century, Max Malini. | 出现在跨世纪时代的人 叫马克斯·马力尼 |
[09:36] | – Ever hear of him? – No. | -听说过他吗 -没有 |
[09:38] | It’s too bad. You should’ve. | 真糟糕 你们应该听过 |
[09:40] | Anyway, he steals his name, spells it a little differently… | 反正他盗用别人名字 小作改动 |
[09:44] | and he does some tired crap | 在一个小孩生日会上 |
[09:45] | that wouldn’t cut it at a kid’s birthday party. | 乱搞把戏 |
[09:47] | What about the trick where he turns | 他的头转圈魔术 |
[09:49] | his head completely around? | 是怎么做的呢 |
[09:50] | Check it out. | 看着 |
[10:25] | No problem. Did you like that? | 没问题 你们喜欢吗 |
[10:29] | – Yeah. – Watch. | -喜欢 -继续看 |
[10:35] | A coin in the hand… blows away. | 手里一个硬币没了 |
[10:39] | Maybe it’s a little bit hard for you to see. | 也许你们很难理解 |
[10:43] | Let me make that… bigger for you. | 让我拿大一点的.. |
[10:47] | Great, but I don’t see how they’re | 我看不出与马力尼做的 |
[10:49] | any different or better than the ones Maleeni did. | 有何不同 |
[10:51] | Mozart and Salieri. | 莫扎特和沙列亚里 |
[10:55] | They sound pretty much the same to a layman. | 外行人听起来都一样 |
[10:59] | But they ain’t. You know what I’m sayin’? | 但不是 你们明白吗 |
[11:05] | It’s about originality. | 有关原创性.. |
[11:09] | Style. | 风格.. |
[11:14] | And more than anything else… | 还有更多.. |
[11:16] | soul. | 灵魂 |
[11:19] | Because that’s what separates the great ones… | 因此能区分出伟大表演者.. |
[11:23] | from the hacks. | 与蹩脚表演者 |
[11:27] | We can’t do this halfway. | 我们不能突然做出这种表演 |
[11:28] | We’re dealing with powerful forces at work here. | 因为我们涉及强大的力量 |
[11:31] | Energies far beyond our mere… | 能量远超我们的.. |
[11:35] | mortal… understanding. | 精神理解 |
[11:40] | Enough to make a magician lose his head? | 足够让一个魔术师的头掉下来 |
[11:43] | Could be. | 可能可以 |
[11:47] | That, and I hear Maleeni | 我听说马力尼 |
[11:49] | racked up some pretty big gambling debts. | 欠了很多赌债 |
[11:53] | Who knows who he might’ve pissed off. | 谁晓得他是真死还是假死 |
[11:55] | Thank you, Mr. LaBonge. We’ll, uh, be in touch. | 谢谢你 拉邦奇先生 我们保持连络 |
[11:59] | Please do. Oh, and agents? | 请务必与我连络 呃 探员 |
[12:18] | Mozart and Salieri. Which one’s which? | 莫扎特和沙列亚里 哪个比较好呢 |
[12:20] | Mulder, I think that professional jealousy… | 我想那人的妒忌心.. |
[12:23] | is as good a motive for murder as any. | 是谋杀的动机 |
[12:25] | If it was a murder. I’m not convinced. | 我不相信那是谋杀 |
[12:29] | If I can get Mr. Maleeni into an autopsy bay, | 我想对马力尼验尸.. |
[12:31] | hopefully we can put this issue to rest as soon as possible. | 希望这个事件尽早平息 |
[12:38] | All right, I’m stumped. I think I’m supposed to be. | 好 我想我被难倒了 |
[12:43] | – What do you think? – Well, first of all, | -为什么这么说 -首先.. |
[12:45] | I’m sorry to disappoint you, but Mr. Maleeni’s head… | 抱歉让你失望 但魔术师马力尼的头.. |
[12:48] | didn’t just magically fall off. | 不只是神奇地掉下来.. |
[12:51] | It was very carefully sawed. | 是被人小心异异地锯开的 |
[12:53] | Very slow and exacting work, | 很慢和很准确的工作 |
[12:56] | probably with a fine-tooth meat saw. | 可能是用很细的肉锯 |
[12:59] | And check out this little detail. | 仔细看看这里 |
[13:04] | Spirit gum, Mulder. | 是口香糖 穆德 |
[13:07] | It held the head to the body. | 粘着头和身体 |
[13:10] | – Just barely, of course. – So he was murdered? | -当然 很勉强地粘着 -所以他是被杀的 |
[13:14] | Well, no. As far as I can tell, | 依照现有的资料 |
[13:16] | this man died of advanced coronary disease. | 他是死于心脏病 |
[13:18] | – Natural causes. – Yeah. | -自然死亡 -是的 |
[13:22] | So basically, he died of a heart attack, | 所以 他先死于心脏病 |
[13:23] | somebody crept up behind him, sawed his head off… | 然后有人偷袭他并锯下他的头 |
[13:25] | and then glued it back on all in the space of 30 seconds. | 然后在30秒内粘回去 |
[13:27] | – Does that make sense to you? – No. | -这合理吗 -不合理 |
[13:30] | Which makes it even stranger still, | 反而更奇怪了 |
[13:33] | because as far as I can tell… | 因为依据现有的资料.. |
[13:35] | this body has been dead for over a month. | 这个尸体已经死亡一个多月 |
[13:38] | I see signs of refrigeration. | 我看到了冷冻的痕迹 |
[13:40] | And yet he performed yesterday. | 可是他昨天还在表演 |
[13:44] | – What a trouper. – Well, somebody performed yesterday. | -好一个演员 -可能昨天表演的是另一个人 |
[14:12] | Cissy Alvarez. | 西斯·阿拉维斯 |
[14:15] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[14:19] | You don’t remember me. Ain’t that a bitch? | 你不记得我了 |
[14:23] | My name’s LaBonge. | 我叫拉邦奇 |
[14:25] | I did time with you about eight years ago. | 八年前曾和你一起 |
[14:28] | You were in for bank robbery. | 你因为抢银行入狱 |
[14:30] | The name doesn’t mean anything. What do you want? | 那个名字没有任何意义了 你想怎样 |
[14:33] | I hear you’re a poker player. | 我听说你是扑克专家 |
[14:35] | You won big off a guy who calls | 你从”神奇马力尼”那 |
[14:37] | himself the Amazing Maleeni. | 赢了很多钱 |
[14:38] | Also goes by the name of Herman Pinchbeck. | 也叫做荷门·平奇 |
[14:44] | – Pinchbeck? – He’s dead. | -平奇 -他已经死了 |
[14:48] | Yeah, I saw in the paper. | 我看到报纸了 |
[14:50] | Something about his head fell off. Yeah. What’s it to you? | 上面有写关于他头掉下来的事 这和你有关吗 |
[14:55] | I’m the guy that made his head fall off. | 是我让他头落地的 |
[15:01] | You took his marker, right? What’d he owe you, 15 grand? | 你拿了他的借据 是吗 他欠你多少 一万五吗 |
[15:05] | – Twenty. – I don’t think he was ever gonna pay you back. | -两万 -我想他没打算还你 |
[15:08] | You want to cut to the chase? | 你想中断追债 |
[15:11] | You know, get a little more | 我们送你去死前 |
[15:11] | of your story out before we stomp you to death? | 还想多知道你一些故事呢 |
[15:13] | How would you like to get back | 想不想知道怎么 |
[15:16] | what you’re owed times ten? | 拿回10倍钱 |
[15:18] | 200,000. Mm. How? | 20万 怎么拿 |
[15:21] | – Helping me. – Do what? | -帮我 -做什么 |
[15:24] | Magic. | 魔术 |
[15:44] | Wanna hear more? | 想听听我的点子吗 |
[16:08] | 卡罗莱纳海事银行 洛杉机 加利福尼亚 | |
[16:13] | Excuse me. I’m looking for Mr. Albert Pinchbeck. | 抱歉 我在找阿尔伯特·平奇 |
[16:16] | He’s the gentleman right over there. The poor man. | 右边那里的男士就是他 可怜的人 |
[16:27] | – He look familiar to you, Scully? – He certainly does. | -你见过他吗 史卡利 -当然 |
[16:33] | – The plot thickens. – He might try and run. | -这是有阴谋的 -他可能在试着逃跑 |
[16:39] | Come in. | 请进 |
[16:42] | Good morning, Mr. And Mrs… | 早安 先生女士 |
[16:45] | Agents Mulder and Scully, F.B.I. | FBI探员穆德和史卡利 |
[16:48] | You’re not here for a home loan, I take it. | 你们不是为家庭货款来的 我收到了 |
[16:51] | No. We are investigating the death of a magician… | 不是 我们在调查魔术师之死 |
[16:54] | who called himself the Amazing Maleeni. | 自称是”神奇马力尼” |
[16:56] | Herman Pinchbeck, my twin brother. | 荷门·平奇 我的双胞胎兄弟 |
[16:59] | Yes, we know. We checked his next of kin. | 我们知道 我们调查过了家庭状况 |
[17:03] | What happened to your neck, | 你脖子怎么了 |
[17:04] | -Mr. Pinchbeck? – I was in a car accident. | -平奇先生 -车祸 |
[17:06] | Car accident. | 车祸 |
[17:08] | So your injured neck has nothing to do with a magic trick… | 这么说你的脖子 与两天前.. |
[17:11] | you performed at the Santa Monica Pier two days ago, | 在圣莫妮卡码头表演的魔术无关 |
[17:13] | one which involved you turning your head | 那次你将头 |
[17:15] | around 360 degrees? | 转360度 |
[17:16] | Well, no. That wasn’t me. | 不 那不是我 |
[17:19] | I was in a bad car accident in Mexico. | 我在墨西哥遭遇重大车祸 |
[17:21] | A bad Mexican car accident in Mexico. | 墨西哥重大车祸 |
[17:24] | – Do you know magic, Mr. Pinchbeck? – Yes, I do. | -你会魔术吗 平奇先生 -是的 |
[17:28] | Back in the ’70s, my brother and I performed together. | 70年代 我们兄弟一起表演 |
[17:32] | – Why’d you stop? – You never really stop. | -你为什么不干了 -你没真正不干 |
[17:43] | Pick a card, any card? | 随便拿一张牌 |
[18:11] | – Very impressive. – My brother and I both wanted to do… | -很棒 -我们兄弟想.. |
[18:15] | the absolute best magic the world had ever seen. | 表演世界上最神奇魔术 |
[18:18] | The difference was, I knew we’d never get there, | 我们意见不同的事 我知道我们永远也做不到 |
[18:20] | but he always believed we would. | 但他总相信可以 |
[18:22] | We didn’t talk much after I quit the act. | 我离开以后很少和他说话 |
[18:27] | I have a theory, Mr. Pinchbeck, | 我有个推测 平奇先生 |
[18:29] | and I’m gonna tell you how it goes. | 我想告诉你我的想法 |
[18:33] | I think that your brother Herman died of heart disease… | 你弟死于心脏病 |
[18:36] | having never made it as the world’s greatest magician. | 该病使他无法成为最伟大魔术师 |
[18:38] | I think that hurt you, | 正像他的疏远一样 |
[18:39] | just as your estrangement from him hurt you. | 伤害了你 |
[18:42] | I think what you did was perform his last act for him. | 我认为你为他表演了最后一次 |
[18:46] | One last act for which he’d always be remembered. | 让他永远被流传.. |
[18:49] | One last act that would end with such a shock, | 以震惊结尾 |
[18:50] | such a denouement, | 收场.. |
[18:52] | as would be forever remembered in the annals of magic. | 会在魔术记录中永远被记住 |
[18:57] | That’s what I think. | 这是我认为的 |
[19:01] | I so wish that were true. | 我希望是真的 |
[19:14] | It was a very bad car accident in Mexico. | 墨西哥那场车祸非常严重 |
[19:22] | – Oy! – No kidding. | -喂 -别开玩笑 |
[19:26] | What now? | 现在怎办 |
[19:28] | A guy’s head falls off, it’s the greatest trick in the world. | 人头落地是全世界最伟大戏法 |
[19:31] | When there’s no discernible point to it, | 让大家都查不出原因 |
[19:33] | what’s the reason for doing that in the first place? | 难道是这个把戏的初衷 |
[19:35] | Well, why do people do magic? | 为什么人们玩魔术 |
[19:37] | To impress, to delight, to gain attention. | 为了吸引人的注意 |
[19:40] | Well, this one’s gaining mostly police attention. | 也获得警察的注意 |
[19:44] | Maybe that’s the point. | 也许这是关键 |
[19:47] | Well, maybe we should consult an expert… | 也许我们该请教专家 |
[19:50] | someone who knows magic, | 他懂得魔术 |
[19:51] | who’s seen the greatest trick in the world. | 并见过最伟大魔术 |
[19:54] | Maybe he can help us figure that out. | 也许他能帮我们 |
[19:56] | – Mozart. – Yeah. | -莫扎特 -是啊 |
[19:59] | What’s in it for me? | 有什么能给我的 |
[20:01] | I mean, let’s say I help you out. What do I get in return? | 我的意思是 我帮你对我有什么好处 |
[20:06] | The feeling of pride that comes from performing | 尽市民义务 |
[20:09] | your civic duty? | 的自豪 |
[20:11] | How ’bout the chance… | 给你个机会.. |
[20:13] | to root through the professional | 揭开你最后一个 |
[20:15] | secrets of your least favorite magician? | 崇拜的魔术师秘密 |
[20:19] | Good for a laugh, I guess. | 很好笑 |
[20:43] | Man, it’s worse than I thought. | 比我想的还糟 |
[20:50] | You gotta feed those things, you know. | 你们得喂这些东西 |
[20:53] | So… | 所以 |
[20:58] | – Maleeni wasn’t murdered. – It would seem not. | -马力尼不是被杀的 -好像不是 |
[21:01] | So someone impersonated him and his crappy act. | 有人扮演他 并演他的魔术 |
[21:04] | It’s impressive. | 令人印象深刻 |
[21:12] | I’d say the twin brother did it, but I don’t think… | 我认为是他双胞胎兄弟干的 但我不认为.. |
[21:15] | he’s any better a magician than Maleeni was. | 他是比马力尼更棒的魔术师 |
[21:17] | There’s that, and he’s got no legs. | 正是 而且他也没有腿 |
[21:23] | Yeah. Whatever. | 是的 |
[21:26] | Anyway, we’re looking for | 总之 我们在找 |
[21:28] | a magician with the same height and build. | 相同重量和体格的魔术师 |
[21:31] | A good makeup job and the right wig, | 有高超易容术和假发 |
[21:33] | and no one would know the difference. | 让人分辨不出真假 |
[21:35] | Not even you, I guess. | 我猜不会是你 |
[21:37] | I had a couple of Jell-O shots in me. | 我只有两个果冻杯 |
[21:39] | Hey, how did this impersonator switch out the dead body? | 这个人怎么把死者尸体换出来呢 |
[21:43] | With ease. You’re gonna kick yourselves | 很简单 我表演给你看 |
[21:45] | when I show you how he did this, it’s so simple. | 你会发现那太容易了 |
[21:48] | Because magic is all about… misdirection. | 因为魔术是错误引导 |
[21:56] | Your impersonator simply | 那个人首先确定 |
[21:57] | made sure everyone was looking the other way… | 所有人正在看着其它地方… |
[22:00] | when he pulled Maleeni’s body from | 当他从隐藏处 |
[22:02] | its secret hiding place… | 搬出尸体时.. |
[22:04] | underneath… | 就在地下 |
[22:07] | the floor. | 地板下 |
[22:31] | Man, this guy’s good. | 这家伙很棒 |
[22:36] | Well, thanks for your expert opinion. | 谢谢你的专家意见 |
[22:39] | I guess we’re right back where we started. | 也许我们回到了起点 |
[22:42] | Maybe not. | 也许不是 |
[22:45] | You said that, uh, the Amazing Maleeni | 你说神奇马力尼 |
[22:47] | had some gambling debts? | 欠有赌债 |
[22:48] | Yeah, that’s what I heard. | 我听说的 |
[22:50] | Check this out. Looks like a marker. | 看看这个 像张借据 |
[22:53] | $20,000. Pinchbeck. | 2万美元 平奇 |
[22:59] | What would this be doing in Maleeni’s van? | 为什么这在马力尼车里 |
[23:15] | Thank you, Mr. Pinchbeck. | 谢谢你 平奇先生 |
[23:17] | If you could sign here for me. | 请在这签名 |
[23:20] | With pleasure. | 我很乐意 |
[23:24] | Anthony, what kind of gun is that? | 安东尼 这是什么枪 |
[23:27] | Glock 17,.9 millimeter. | 克拉克17.9厘米口径 |
[23:29] | I’ve been thinking of maybe buying one since my accident. | 我车祸前曾经想过买一把 |
[23:32] | Well, here. Take a look. | 给你看一下 |
[23:39] | Hmm. | 好 |
[23:41] | Gosh, it’s heavier than I would’ve thought. | 比我想象的重 |
[23:48] | Thank you, Anthony, Marvin. | 谢谢 安东尼 马文 |
[23:51] | If you ever want, I’ll take you to the shooting range. | 若你想要 我带你去试枪 |
[23:53] | Have a good one, Mr. Pinchbeck. | 再见 平奇 |
[23:55] | You too. | 再见 |
[24:11] | Hello, may I help you? | 我能帮你吗 |
[24:20] | – Damn, you look just like him. – I’m sorry? | -该死 你看起来真像他 -抱歉 |
[24:23] | Your no-good, malapaga brother… | 你的烂兄弟.. |
[24:26] | died owing me money… | 死时欠我钱.. |
[24:28] | a lot of money. | 很多钱 |
[24:31] | – You’re gonna make good. – I’m sorry, | -你得帮他偿还 -抱歉 |
[24:33] | but my, uh, brother’s debts are his own. | 我兄弟的债务是他自己的 |
[24:38] | I said, you’re gonna make good, | 我说 你得帮他还 |
[24:42] | ’cause me and my friends, we know where you live. | 因为我和朋友知道你住哪 |
[25:03] | – That sound like the rear diff? – Pull over. | -这声音好像怪怪的 – 靠边停下 |
[25:11] | Stay here and call it in. I’ll check it out. | 待在这联络他们 我去看一下 |
[25:14] | We got a problem with the rear diff. | 我们有麻烦 |
[25:16] | We’re on Fourth and Main. | 在第四大道 |
[25:18] | Checking it out is Anthony. | 安东尼去检查 |
[25:36] | You! In the truck! Get up where I can see you. | 你 卡车里的 起来让我看到你 |
[25:40] | Hands where I can see them! | 把手伸出来 |
[25:43] | Up! Hands up. | 起来 举起手来 |
[25:46] | All right. Get out. | 好 出来 |
[25:48] | Mister, get out… | 先生 出来 |
[25:52] | Hey, I got a guy down back here! | 我找到一个家伙 |
[26:00] | It was a guy with tattoos! I shot him four times! | 那家伙有纹身 我射了他四枪 |
[26:06] | I don’t understand. He was right here. | 我不明白 他刚才在这.. |
[26:26] | It’s your handwriting, is it not? | 是你的笔迹吗 |
[26:32] | Mr. Alvarez, please answer the question. | 阿拉维斯先生 请回答问题 |
[26:35] | That ain’t mine. I don’t know where you got that. | 不是我的 我不知道你从哪里拿来的 |
[26:38] | It’s interesting. Yours are the only fingerprints on it. | 很有趣 上面只有你的指纹 |
[26:40] | We ran it through the California Criminal History Database, | 我们加州罪犯数据库查出来的 |
[26:44] | to which you seem to be quite well known. | 你应该知道那数据库 |
[26:46] | So it’s my marker. | 是我的借据 |
[26:49] | So Pinchbeck owed me money. | 平奇欠我钱 |
[26:51] | It was a friendly game of poker. | 是扑克友谊赛 |
[26:56] | Very friendly. $20,000 friendly. | 非常有友谊 2万元的友谊 |
[26:59] | – Where did you find that? – In Herman Pinchbeck’s van. | -你们在哪找到的 -平奇的车里 |
[27:04] | Where were you last Thursday? | 上周四你在哪 |
[27:06] | Here. All day. Ask ’em. | 这里 一整天 你可以问问他们 |
[27:14] | What is it you think I did to Pinchbeck, huh? | 你认为我对平奇做了什么 |
[27:17] | What’s in it for me? If I kill him, he ain’t gonna pay me. | 对我有什么好处 如果我杀了他 他就还不了钱给我 |
[27:22] | Why did you play with him in the first place? | 最初为什么你要和他赌 |
[27:24] | You knew he was a professional magician. | 你应该知道他是职业魔术师 |
[27:25] | I didn’t know what he was. | 我不知道他是什么人 |
[27:28] | And he sure as hell couldn’t play worth a damn. | 他玩得很差 |
[27:31] | Don’t leave town, Mr. Alvarez. | 别离开镇上 阿拉维斯先生 |
[27:45] | Don’t you find it odd that | 你不觉得马力尼不精通赌博 |
[27:46] | the Amazing Maleeni’s a lousy poker player? | 是很奇怪的事吗 |
[27:49] | This is a guy who’s adept at manipulating cards. | 那个人是玩牌高手 |
[27:51] | Maybe he wasn’t so adept. | 也许他不够厉害 |
[27:53] | LaBonge certainly doesn’t have a | 拉邦奇当然 |
[27:55] | -high opinion of his skills. – There’s another possibility. | -看不起他的技巧 -还有另一种可能性.. |
[27:58] | Behold… an ordinary household quarter. | 看 一个普通的硬币 |
[28:01] | I’m going to take the quarter | 我打算把硬币 |
[28:02] | from my right hand and place it into my left hand. | 从右手放入左手 |
[28:05] | – Where is it? – It’s in your right hand. | -它在哪 -右手 |
[28:07] | No, no, no. Ahh-ahh! | 错了错了 啊哈 |
[28:09] | – That’s not bad. Mulder… – Blow your nose, Scully. | -不错嘛 穆德 -打个喷嚏 史卡利 |
[28:12] | – Blow your nose. Come on. Blow. – Achoo. | -打个喷嚏 快 -哈啾 |
[28:14] | – Ta-da! Look at that. The Great Muldeeni. – Amazing! | -看 伟大的穆德力尼 -真神奇 |
[28:17] | – What’s the point? – Misdirection. | -关键是什么 -误导 |
[28:19] | It’s the heart of magic, like LaBonge said. | 拉邦奇所说魔术的重心 |
[28:21] | I made you look in one direction, | 我叫你往另一个地方看 |
[28:22] | the quarter went in the other. | 硬币去另一个地方 |
[28:23] | That’s what you think’s happening in this case? | 这是你对这个案子的想法 |
[28:26] | I think we’re being led around by our noses. | 我们被牵着鼻子走 |
[28:29] | By whom? Maleeni’s already dead. | 被谁 马力尼已经死了 |
[28:31] | It certainly would appear so. | 很快会出现的 |
[28:32] | But then again, | 接着又来一次.. |
[28:34] | you thought the quarter was in the right hand. | 你还是以为硬币在右手 |
[28:57] | -911 emergency. – Yeah, hello? | -911急救 -喂 |
[29:00] | Yeah, I want to report a man with a gun. | 我想报案 |
[29:02] | He’s threatening to kill somebody. | 有人用枪威胁要杀人 |
[29:04] | Can you please speak up? | 你能说大声点吗 |
[29:06] | No, I can’t speak up. No, I can’t! | 不行 不行 |
[29:07] | Sir? | 先生 |
[29:11] | Hello? Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[29:17] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[29:26] | Hey, partner. Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙伴 嘿 小子 |
[29:29] | – You son of a bitch. – I’m sorry? | -你这狗娘养的 – 什么 |
[29:32] | You tried to frame me. | 你想陷害我 |
[29:35] | I didn’t! – Oh, you didn’t, huh? | 我没有 – 你没有 |
[29:36] | Wait! We’ve got a deal! | 等等 我们说好的 |
[29:37] | We got no deal. I’m gonna bleed you, | 我们没说好 我要杀你 |
[29:39] | -you little bitch. – Back off. | -这小子 -退后 |
[29:46] | You’re dead. | 你死定了 |
[29:53] | Freeze! | 站住 |
[29:55] | Drop your weapon. | 放下武器 |
[29:58] | Hands behind your head. Do it! | 手放头上 快 |
[30:03] | Put your hand down. Spread your legs. | 放下手 腿打开 |
[30:15] | Agents. An unexpected surprise. | 探员们 真是意外的惊喜 |
[30:18] | Good afternoon. | 午安 |
[30:19] | We’d like to have a word with you, Mr. Pinchbeck. | 我们想和你谈一谈 平奇先生 |
[30:21] | – I’m fairly busy, actually. – I’ll bet. | -我很忙 真的 -我打赌 |
[30:25] | – Hey! What? – Let’s take a little spin, shall we? | -嘿 什么 -我们谈一谈 |
[30:35] | What’s this all about? | 这都是什么 |
[30:37] | It’s about misdirection, Mr. Pinchbeck. | 是误导 平奇先生 |
[30:40] | Or should I say the Amazing Maleeni? | 或者我应该说.. “神奇马力尼” |
[30:43] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[30:47] | It’s a trick, Scully. Voila. | 是个小把戏 史卡利 |
[30:50] | Had you fooled. | 你被骗了 |
[30:53] | – You’re Maleeni? – Call me Herman. | -你是马力尼 -叫我荷门 |
[31:06] | I was afraid for my life. | 我害怕我的生活 |
[31:08] | That’s why I did what I did. I’m not proud of that. | 所以我做了那些事 我一点都不觉得骄傲 |
[31:11] | But I owe a lot of money that I can’t possibly pay back. | 我欠很多钱还不起 |
[31:16] | We know… gambling debts to a man named Alvarez. | 我们知道.. 你欠阿拉维斯赌博的钱 |
[31:20] | Yeah, that tattooed psychopath. | 是的 那个纹身的反社会分子 |
[31:22] | I’ve since heard terrible stories about him, | 我听过他的恐怖事迹.. |
[31:24] | things he did in prison to fellow inmates. | 他在监狱对受刑人的所为 |
[31:27] | So why’d you play poker with him? | 你为什么与他赌扑克 |
[31:30] | He runs a good game. | 他玩得很好 |
[31:31] | I gamble to supplement my income. | 我以赌博补充收入 |
[31:33] | God knows, magic barely pays. | 天知道魔术赚不了什么钱 |
[31:36] | Why did you lose? | 你为什么输 |
[31:37] | You could’ve manipulated the cards, right? | 你可以操纵牌局的 |
[31:39] | Cheat? You’re asking why I don’t cheat at cards? | 作弊 你问我为什么不作弊 |
[31:43] | – Well, you could, right? – Of course, I could. | -你能的 不是吗 -当然 我可以 |
[31:49] | But how would I live with myself? Who raised you? | 但我如何生活 谁养你 |
[31:54] | Well, sir, | 先生.. |
[31:57] | what does any of this have to do with your twin brother… | 你与你的双胞胎兄弟有何关系 |
[32:00] | being found decapitated at the Santa Monica Pier? | 在圣莫妮卡码头被发现的那个 |
[32:03] | I went to my brother for a loan. | 我跟我兄弟借钱.. |
[32:06] | Just my luck and his. | 靠我和他的运气 |
[32:09] | You found him dead of a heart attack. | 你发现他死于心脏病 |
[32:12] | His body was still warm. | 他的尸体还温热的.. |
[32:15] | Looking at him lifeless, | 看他生命死去 |
[32:17] | I saw myself, my own eventual mortality. | 我觉得自己也快要死了 |
[32:21] | I saw all the things I meant to accomplish but didn’t. | 我一无所获 |
[32:25] | It was an opportunity to vanish, to become someone else. | 那是一个消失的机会 变成其它的人 |
[32:29] | Like I said, I’m not proud of what I did. | 正如我所说 我对我所做的一点都不觉得骄傲 |
[32:32] | And so you refrigerated the body. | 所以你冰冻尸体 |
[32:35] | I needed time to figure out how to pull it all off. | 我需要时间想办法处理 |
[32:38] | Impersonating my brother, I called the bank, | 扮成我兄弟 我打电话给银行 |
[32:41] | told them I needed a vacation week, | 说我想休假.. |
[32:43] | a trip to Mexico. | 去墨西哥旅行 |
[32:46] | Then the bank received word that | 然后银行得知 |
[32:47] | I’d been in a terrible accident. | 我发生严重车祸 |
[32:49] | It gave me plenty of time away from work. | 给我充分时间不必上班 |
[32:52] | And you posed as an amputee… | 你就扮成截肢者.. |
[32:55] | to allay suspicion that you weren’t your brother. | 去除别人的疑心 |
[32:58] | That, and I rather enjoy the sympathy, | 我享受怜悯 |
[33:01] | especially from the women in our office. | 特别是办公室的女人 |
[33:09] | You, uh, still haven’t explained… | 你还没有解释.. |
[33:12] | why you left your brother’s body at the pier, | 为什么在码头留下你兄弟的尸体 |
[33:14] | or why you arranged to have his head fall off. | 为什么你安排他的头落地 |
[33:17] | He explained it. He put it so eloquently when we last spoke. | 我们最后一次谈话时 他强烈要求的 |
[33:21] | It was my final performance. | 是我最后的表演 |
[33:24] | I wanted to go out with such a shock, such a denouement, | 我以这个震惊的结局逃脱 |
[33:27] | as would forever be remembered in the annals of magic. | 被永远载入历史 |
[33:33] | That was your last performance. | 这是你最后一次表演 |
[33:36] | What’s this for? | 干什么 |
[33:38] | Well… I still think you’ve got a few tricks up your sleeve. | 我认为你还有把戏 |
[33:54] | My God. | 天哪 |
[33:56] | We gave you handicapped parking. We built you a ramp. | 我们给你残障停车位 我帮你造了残障斜坡 |
[34:01] | Did he have access to the vaults? | 他去过保险库吗 |
[34:04] | Well, yes. He has a key to the day gate. Several of us do. | 他有门的钥匙 我们好几个人有 |
[34:07] | – What are you looking for, Mulder? – Any hint at all… | -你找什么 穆德 -任何的提示.. |
[34:10] | as to why Maleeni here is really impersonating his brother. | 为什么马力尼扮演他兄弟 |
[34:15] | What about this? | 这个呢 |
[34:15] | Could he have removed the funds electronically? | 他能用计算机删除基金吗 |
[34:17] | He didn’t have security clearance for E.F.T.S… | 他没有密码 |
[34:20] | electronic fund transfers. | 做不了电子转账 |
[34:22] | Maybe he got around the security. | 或许他能取消安全机制 |
[34:23] | Can we check the withdrawal records? | 能看看撤消记录吗 |
[34:25] | It would require your badge number and thumbprint… | 需要你的微章号及指纹.. |
[34:28] | and probably a federal subpoena to boot. | 可能还需要传票 |
[34:30] | We’re extra cautious with the E.F.T.S. | 我们对电子转账很警觉的 |
[34:31] | You can understand why. | 你应该知道原因 |
[34:33] | There may be an easier way. | 可能有更容易的办法.. |
[34:36] | If I call up a transaction list for this terminal… | 如果我调出事务历史记录.. |
[34:41] | No. No, everything’s in order. | 没有 什么都没动 |
[34:48] | Mulder, | 穆德 |
[34:49] | it says here something about a robbery attempt yesterday. | 昨天有人企图抢劫.. |
[34:52] | Yeah, that wasn’t against us, | 是的 但不影响我们 |
[34:53] | but the armored transport service we deal with. | 是针对运钞车 |
[34:56] | No money was taken and no suspects were caught. | 没有丢掉钱 也没抓住嫌疑犯 |
[34:59] | Yeah, well, | 是的 |
[35:00] | Mr.Pinchbeck was the employee who signed out the truck. | 但是平奇先生是签署运钞车出去的人 |
[35:03] | – He knew the schedule. – I had nothing to do with that. | -他了解这个时间表 -我与那件事无关 |
[35:06] | Maybe, maybe not. | 也许有 也许没有 |
[35:09] | We’ll hold you till we find out. | 我们要拘留你 直到查出来 |
[35:11] | Make sure you don’t pull a vanishing act. | 确信你不会再消失 |
[35:19] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[35:31] | Paul, I’m putting Mr. Pinchbeck in six. | 我把平奇放在6号 |
[35:33] | Right. | 好 |
[35:36] | Sleep tight. | 安稳睡吧 |
[35:38] | Wait. Don’t I get a phone call, sir? | 不给我打个电话吗 |
[35:41] | Sir? | 先生 |
[35:55] | – How’d it go? – Swimmingly. | -情况如何 -随波逐流 |
[35:59] | Abracadabra, man. | 胡言乱语 |
[36:24] | Oh, damn! | 哦 妈的 |
[36:31] | Yes. Okay. | 好的 |
[36:34] | – All right. All right, thank you. – Maleeni? | -好 好 谢谢 -马力尼吗 |
[36:37] | He’s still in the city lockup, | 自从昨晚我们逮捕他 |
[36:38] | where he’s been since we arrested him last night. | 他一直被关着 |
[36:41] | Certainly doesn’t look like he did this. | 看来不是他干的 |
[36:44] | Lots of fingerprints. | 很多指纹 |
[36:46] | Yeah, I guarantee you, none of them match our thieves. | 我保证 没有一个符合我们要找的小偷 |
[36:49] | They’re too clever to leave clues, | 他们很聪明 不留任何线索 |
[36:51] | except for the ones they want us to find. | 除了一些蛛丝马迹 我们要把它们找出来 |
[36:54] | Excuse me. May I show you something? | 抱歉 我能给你们看些东西吗 |
[36:57] | We thought the security-camera footage might | 闭路监控可能会有 |
[36:59] | show the robbers. | 小偷的数据 |
[37:00] | – Does it? – No. They all mysteriously… | -有吗 -他们很神秘.. |
[37:03] | went blank from about 3:00 a.M. To 3:20, | 在凌晨3︰00至3︰20是一段空白 |
[37:06] | But that’s not what we wanted you to see. | 这不是我想你看的 |
[37:08] | This is from two days ago. | 这是两天前的 |
[37:13] | Cissy Alvarez, convicted bank robber. | 阿拉维斯 他曾被控抢劫银行 |
[37:17] | – You recognize this man? – Yeah. Who is he to you? | -你认出这男人 -是的 你觉得他是谁 |
[37:20] | I know those tattoos. | 我认得那些纹身 |
[37:24] | That’s the man who tried to rob my truck. | 就是他想偷我的运钞车 |
[37:26] | Aah! What the hell, man? What did I do? | 发生什么事 我做了什么 |
[37:30] | Yo, F.B.I., what’s up? What’s up with this, man? | 联邦调查局 发生什么事 |
[37:33] | You can’t just come bustin’in here! I got civil rights! | 我有人权 你们不能这样 |
[37:35] | I’m gonna call my lawyer, | 我会找律师 |
[37:37] | and then we’re gonna see what’s what. | 看看你们能怎么样 |
[37:38] | There’s nothing back there. | 这里没有东西 |
[37:40] | This is harassment, man. This is harassment! | 这是人身侵犯 先生 |
[37:42] | Yo, what are they lookin’ for? | 他们在找什么 |
[37:44] | – Come on! Somebody talk to me! – Shut up! | -拜托 干嘛不说话 -闭嘴 |
[37:47] | No, you shut up! Yo, man, this ain’t right. | 你才闭嘴 先生 这是不对的 |
[37:49] | Why you got the cuffs on so tight? | 为什么手拷这么紧 |
[37:52] | Yo, will you please tell me what he’s lookin’for? | 请告诉我他在找什么 |
[37:59] | Oh! | 哦 |
[38:02] | – What? – Well. Saving up for a rainy day? | -什么 -怕雨天漏水吗 |
[38:10] | Oh, no, no, no! We got framed! This is a frame-up! | 不 不 我们是被陷害的 |
[38:12] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[38:13] | – It was the magician! – The magician? Maleeni? | -是魔术师 – 魔术师 马力尼 |
[38:17] | No, not the dead one, man! | 不 不是那个死掉那个 |
[38:18] | That little cabron LaBonge! LaBonge set me up! | 是拉邦奇设计我 |
[38:21] | – Listen to me! Listen to me! – Billy LaBonge. | -听我说 听我说 -比利·拉邦奇.. |
[38:24] | And the Amazing Maleeni. | 和神奇马力尼 |
[38:26] | That’s a double bill I wouldn’t want to miss. | 双倍打赌 我绝对不会错过的 |
[38:31] | Pinchbeck. You made your bail. | 平奇 你可以出去了 |
[38:39] | You, too, LaBonge. | 你也是 拉邦奇 |
[38:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:48] | I think releasing these | 我认为放了他们 |
[38:49] | -two may be a bit premature. – Give us a minute. | -有点过早 -给我一分钟 |
[38:56] | Good morning, gentlemen. Did you sleep well? | 早安 先生 睡得好吗 |
[38:58] | Agent Mulder. Agent Scully. | 穆德探员 史卡利探员 |
[39:01] | – Bravo. Really. – What do you mean? | -好极了 真的 -你什么意思 |
[39:06] | Last night the Cradock Marine Bank | 昨晚卡罗莱纳海事银行 |
[39:08] | was robbed of $1.8 million. | 被盗走180万美元 |
[39:10] | This morning that entire amount was found… | 今天早上已经全部被找到.. |
[39:12] | in the possession of Mr. Cissy Alvarez. | 在阿拉维斯先生那里找到的 |
[39:15] | Wow. I told you he was bad news. Bravo to you. | 我告诉过你 他不是好人 你们真神勇 |
[39:19] | – It was expeditious police work. – Well, thank you. | -是警察出手迅捷 -谢谢 |
[39:21] | It was, wasn’t it? It’s | 是很神速 不是吗 |
[39:23] | only that Alvarez was so obviously guilty… | 阿拉维斯抢银行罪证确凿 |
[39:25] | a convicted bank robber caught red-handed, | 他被抓了个现行 |
[39:28] | witnessed trying to rob an armored car | 是因为两天前被目击 |
[39:29] | just two days earlier? | 想抢运钞车 |
[39:30] | – He’ll need a good lawyer. – Yeah. | -他需要好律师 -是的 |
[39:33] | – Yeah, he’s up a creek, just like you two want him. – Yeah. | -是 他陷入麻烦 是你们想要的结果 -是的 |
[39:35] | I don’t quite see where you’re headed with this. | 我不知道你有什么证据 |
[39:38] | I have no evidence, but I have a theory, Mr. Maleeni, | 我没有证据 但我有个猜测 马力尼先生 |
[39:42] | and, uh, I’ll tell you how it goes. | 我来告诉你.. |
[39:45] | I think that your twin brother Albert died of a heart attack, | 我猜你的双胞胎兄弟阿尔伯特死于心脏病 |
[39:48] | at which point, you and | 你和年轻学徒发现 |
[39:49] | your young protegee saw a golden opportunity. | 这是一个天大的好机会 |
[39:51] | My protegee? I hate this guy’s guts. | 我的学徒 我讨厌这家伙 |
[39:54] | That’s what you wanted us to think. | 这就是你要我们认为的 |
[39:57] | You wanted revenge against the | 你要向让在监狱里的生活 |
[39:58] | man who made your life in prison a living hell. | 苦不堪言的人复仇 |
[40:01] | I did time with you about eight years ago. | 八年前我和你一起 |
[40:04] | Alvarez. | 阿拉维斯 |
[40:06] | You and he were on the same cell block eight years ago. | 八年前和你被关在一起 |
[40:09] | It was a setup from the start. You played poker with him, | 开始是这样设计的 你和他玩牌 |
[40:11] | and you made sure that you lost big. | 而你输了很多钱 |
[40:13] | Which gave LaBonge an in with | 拉邦奇让阿拉维斯和所有人 |
[40:14] | Alvarez once everybody thought you were dead. | 都以为你死了 |
[40:17] | LaBonge planted Alvarez’s | 拉邦奇把借据 |
[40:18] | marker in Maleeni’s van and made sure we found it. | 在你车内让我们找到 |
[40:21] | And then you used Alvarez’s greed in order to ensnare him, | 然后你利用阿拉维斯的贪念设陷阱 |
[40:23] | and then orchestrated the | 并制造抢运钞车的假象 |
[40:25] | attempted bank robbery in order to implicate him. | 使他受牵连 |
[40:28] | Yeah, | 是的 |
[40:29] | that was you in the armored car disguised as Alvarez. | 你在运钞车内假扮阿拉维斯 |
[40:31] | Somehow Mr. Pinchbeck got | 而平奇先生想办法 |
[40:32] | ahold of the guard’s gun and switched the clip. | 更换了押钞员的弹夹 |
[40:35] | – Hold it! – Guard didn’t know it, but he was firing blanks. | -别动 -押钞员不知道 但他开空枪 |
[40:37] | And then last night, the two of you robbed the bank… | 昨晚 你们两个偷银行 |
[40:40] | and planted the money at Alvarez’s place. | 把钱放在阿拉维斯那里 |
[40:46] | Don’t you think we have pretty good alibis? | 你不认为我们很好的不在场证据吗 |
[40:48] | You have great alibis. You have the best alibis in the world, | 你们有世上最好的不在场证据 |
[40:51] | which is why I think you two got arrested in the first place. | 所以你们让自己被抓 |
[40:54] | With your expertise in sleight of hand, | 然后用狡猾手段 |
[40:56] | pickpocketing and escapology, | 扒手的能力及脱逃术 |
[40:58] | I think you were both able | 让你们能拿到 |
[40:59] | to get out of here by pilfering a guard’s key. | 看守的钥匙逃出去 |
[41:02] | You could have escaped, | 你们能逃狱 |
[41:03] | stolen the money, framed Alvarez… | 偷钱陷害阿拉维斯 |
[41:04] | and been back here in time for breakfast. | 然后再回来这吃早餐.. |
[41:06] | Scrambled eggs and sausage. | 煎蛋和香肠.. |
[41:09] | That would be the world’s greatest trick, wouldn’t it? | 是世上最好的戏法 不是吗 |
[41:12] | One that would be forever remembered | 会永远记载于 |
[41:14] | in the annals of magic. | 魔术的历史 |
[41:19] | – What happens to us? – To you? | -我们会怎样 -你们吗 |
[41:23] | You go free, provided the magic is over. | 如果魔术结束 你们就可以走 |
[41:29] | The great ones always know when to leave the stage. | 伟大的人总是知道何时要离开舞台 |
[41:36] | Billy, let’s get the hell outta here. | 比利 我们走吧 |
[41:47] | They are the world’s greatest. | 他们是全世界最伟大的 |
[41:49] | We saw through their magic. | 我们看穿了他们的魔术 |
[41:51] | Ah, there’s more. | 还有呢 |
[41:57] | Behold. | 瞧 |
[42:00] | The Amazing Maleeni’s wallet. | 神奇马力尼的钱包 |
[42:02] | You picked his pocket? | 你偷的 |
[42:03] | No, I pilfered it from the | 不 我从证据室偷来的 |
[42:04] | evidence room to prevent them from completing… | 以防止他们完成 |
[42:06] | their final act of prestidigitation. | 最后的戏法 |
[42:08] | – What are you talking about? – I began to wonder, | -你在说什么 -我开始想知道.. |
[42:10] | why did they need so elaborate a setup? | 为什么他们要这样精心策划 |
[42:13] | Why so high profile? Why draw | 为什么这么高调 |
[42:14] | the attention of the F.B.I. In the first place? | 为什么一开始就让调查局注意 |
[42:16] | We were the last piece of the puzzle. | 我们是谜底 |
[42:19] | Yes. Framing Alvarez was just another misdirection. | 是的 陷害阿拉维斯是另一个误导 |
[42:21] | This trick was about E.F.T. | 戏法是银行 |
[42:23] | S, electronic fund transfers at the bank. | 电子资金转账系统 |
[42:25] | Maleeni, Pinchbeck, | 马力尼 平奇 |
[42:27] | he didn’t have security clearance for them, | 他没有安全密码 |
[42:29] | so he needed a little federal law enforcement intervention… | 他需要联邦执法部门介入 |
[42:32] | specifically, my badge number… | 特别是我的证件号码.. |
[42:36] | and my thumbprint. | 和我的指纹 |
[42:39] | With those two items they could pull off an E.F.T. | 用这两样 |
[42:41] | And steal enough electronically… | 他们能用计算机偷取.. |
[42:43] | as to make that 1.8 million look like cigar-lighting money. | 180万美元 这些钱就像用来点雪茄一样不见了 |
[42:48] | But they can’t do it without this. | 但他们少了这个就做不成 |
[42:52] | Pick a card, Scully. Any card. | 挑一张牌 史卡利 随便一张 |
[43:00] | You know, Mulder, | 穆德 |
[43:00] | there’s still one thing that you haven’t explained. | 还有一件事你没解释 |
[43:03] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[43:05] | How the Amazing Maleeni | 神奇马力尼怎么 |
[43:06] | was able to turn his head completely around. | 把头完全旋转的 |
[43:08] | – I don’t know that. – I do. | -我不知道 -我知道 |
[43:11] | I’ll show you. Observe. | 我演给你看 瞧 |
[43:30] | Gee! Very nice. How’d you do that? | 很棒 你怎么做到的 |
[43:35] | Well… magic. | 魔术 |
[43:39] | No, seriously, Scully. How’d you do it? | 不 说真的 你怎么做的 |
[43:42] | You know, it’s not the same thing. | 你知道 这是两回事.. |
[43:45] | Uh, it’s different with the head. Come on, now. Look at this. | 这和与转头不一样 看这里.. |