时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | They said the birds refused to sing… | 他们说鸟儿拒绝歌唱.. |
[00:10] | and the thermometer fell suddenly, | 温度计突然下降 |
[00:13] | as if God himself had his breath stolen away. | 好像上帝的呼吸被偷走一样 |
[00:22] | No one there dared speak aloud, | 在那儿没人敢大声说话 |
[00:25] | as much in shame as in sorrow. | 伤心伴随着羞愧 |
[00:27] | They uncovered the bodies one by one. | 他们发现一个个的尸体 |
[00:31] | The eyes of the dead were closed, | 死者眼睛紧闭.. |
[00:33] | as if waiting for permission to open them. | 好像等待着睁开的那一刻 |
[00:38] | Were they still dreaming of ice cream and monkey bars, | 他们仍梦见冰淇淋和攀吊架.. |
[00:41] | of birthday cake and no future but the afternoon? | 生日蛋糕.. 然而从那天下午以后就失去了未来 |
[00:45] | Or had their innocence been taken along with their lives, | 或者他们失去生命的一刻也失去了童真 |
[00:49] | buried in the cold earth so long ago? | 被埋在冰冷的土地里这么久 |
[00:54] | These fates seemed too cruel, even for God to allow. | 这些好像很残酷 即使上帝是容许的 |
[01:00] | Or are the tragic young born again | 或者在世人没注意的角落 |
[01:02] | when the world’s not looking? | 悲剧又再度发生 |
[01:06] | I wanna believe so badly in a truth beyond our own, | 我非常地相信真相.. |
[01:10] | hidden and obscured from all but the most sensitive eyes. | 隐藏在许多第三眼睛之后 |
[01:25] | In the endless procession of souls, | 灵魂们排成一排 无止尽地.. |
[01:28] | in what cannot and will not be destroyed, | 有种不能而且不会被破坏的东西 |
[01:36] | I want to believe we are unaware of God’s | 我想要相信.. 上帝永恒的赞许与悲伤会 |
[01:40] | eternal recompense and sadness… | 让我们惊喜 |
[01:42] | that we cannot see his truth. | 但我们看不到他的真相 |
[01:47] | That that which is born still lives and | 但仍然活着的人 |
[01:50] | cannot be buried in the cold earth, | 不能埋在冰冷的土里 |
[01:55] | but only waits to be born again at God’s behest… | 只能等待上帝赐与重生.. |
[02:02] | where in ancient starlight we lay… | 在古老星光里.. |
[02:05] | in repose. | 安眠 |
[02:58] | 技术服务室 萨克拉门托警局 | |
[03:24] | Ed Truelove was 19 when he committed his first murder. | 爱德第一次谋杀是在19岁时 |
[03:28] | He was working as a janitor at an elementary school… | 他在一间小学担任门卫.. |
[03:31] | and they needed someone to play Santa Claus. | 需要有人扮演圣诞老人 |
[03:34] | He never got over the feelings it aroused. | 他开始陶醉在那种感觉中 |
[03:36] | He’s admitted to all of it, Mulder… | 他已经供认不讳 穆德 |
[03:40] | 24 separate murders. | 24宗谋杀案 |
[03:46] | But he refuses to take blame for Amber Lynn LaPierre. | 但他拒绝承认绑架安贝·林恩·拉皮埃尔 |
[03:52] | I was just handed the preliminary forensics report. | 我刚提交初步检验报告 |
[03:57] | Her body was not one of those found in the graves. | 那些坟墓里的尸体都不是她 |
[04:03] | Mulder, I know you wanted to find her out there. | 穆德 我知道你很想找到她 |
[04:06] | He’s got hours of video of her. | 他偷拍她好几个小时 |
[04:09] | I’m talking about your sister. | 我说的是你妹妹 |
[04:16] | – I know that’s who you’re looking for. – Yeah. | -我知道你在找的是她 -是的 |
[04:20] | You don’t know how badly I wanted her | 你不知道我多么希望 |
[04:23] | to be in one of those graves. | 她在其中一个坟墓里 |
[04:25] | Hard as it is to admit, | 难以承认 |
[04:26] | I wanted to find her here riding her bike | 我希望在这里找到她像 |
[04:28] | like all these other kids. | 其它孩子一样骑着自行车 |
[04:32] | I guess I just want it to be over. | 我猜我只希望它快结束 |
[04:36] | Agent Mulder, Scully. | 穆德探员 史卡利 |
[04:39] | There’s a Mr. Harold Piller here to see you. | 有个哈罗德先生想见你们 |
[04:55] | – Mr. Piller? – Agent Mulder. | -哈罗德先生 -穆德探员 |
[04:59] | – Agent Scully. – Do we know each other? | -史卡利探员 -我们见过面吗 |
[05:02] | Not personally, no. But I’m happy to meet you. | 不 不 但我很高兴认识你们 |
[05:04] | Hi. Harold Piller. | 我是哈罗德·皮尔洛 |
[05:05] | Mr. Piller, are you part of this investigation? | 哈罗德先生 你是其中一位调查员吗 |
[05:08] | Yes, I hope to be. | 我希望是 |
[05:10] | – How can we help you? – I was hoping to help you. | -我怎么帮你的忙 -我希望能帮助你们 |
[05:16] | You’re a police psychic. | 你是灵媒警察 |
[05:18] | My references are on the back. | 我的介绍在名片背面 |
[05:22] | I’ve gotten some strong hits off this case. | 对这个案子我有很强的感应 |
[05:25] | You’re looking for a little girl, | 你们在找个小女孩 |
[05:27] | but she’s not among the dead. | 但她不在那些坟墓里 |
[05:30] | Your suspect is going to say he didn’t kill her. | 你的嫌疑犯说他没杀她 |
[05:32] | Did he? | 他有吗 |
[05:34] | No. I think I can help find her. | 没有 我希望能帮忙找到她 |
[05:38] | Mr. Piller, you have some interesting references here. | 你有一些很有趣的介绍.. |
[05:41] | You’ve worked with law enforcements in Kashmir, | 你在克什米尔 印度 缅甸 |
[05:43] | India, Myanmar, | 阿富汗 巴基斯坦 |
[05:45] | Afghanistan, Pakistan, Khyber Pass. | 开伯尔山口和执法部门合作过 |
[05:47] | That was a train wreck… a horrible tragedy. | 那是一件火车失事的意外 |
[05:50] | They called me in to locate the bodies of | 他们叫我寻找7名 |
[05:53] | seven children who were unrecovered. | 失踪小孩的尸体 |
[05:54] | And did you recover them? | 你找到他们了 |
[05:57] | I didn’t recover them, no. | 没有 |
[05:57] | But I explained what happened. | 但我解释发生了什么事 |
[05:59] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[06:00] | The children’s bodies were transported from the accident site… | 孩子们的尸体被所谓的登门者 |
[06:05] | by a spiritual intervention, what are known as walk-ins. | 通过精神干预 转移出失事地点 |
[06:09] | Thank you, Mr. Piller, but we have real work to be done. | 谢谢你 皮尔洛先生 但我们有现实工作要做 |
[06:14] | I’ve studied this phenomenon the world over… | 我在全球各地研究这种现象.. |
[06:18] | at mud slides in Peru, earthquakes in Uzbekistan. | 在秘鲁研究泥石流 在乌兹别克研究地震 |
[06:22] | Kids’ bodies never found, | 孩子尸体没找到 |
[06:24] | never accounted for in any other way. | 其它方式也没办法 |
[06:25] | What happened to them? | 他们怎么了 |
[06:28] | The bodies were transported from the various sites… | 尸体从不同地方运离.. |
[06:31] | in starlight. | 到星光里 |
[06:34] | Please excuse us. Mulder? | 抱歉失陪一下 穆德 |
[06:39] | – Mulder, please. – What is it? | -穆德 拜托 -怎么了 |
[06:42] | Mulder, you have been through so much | 你在这么短的时间 |
[06:44] | in such a short time… | 经历这么多事.. |
[06:45] | the death of your mother and | 你母亲的过逝和 |
[06:47] | the feelings it’s brought up for your sister. | 对你妹妹的感情 |
[06:49] | You’re vulnerable right now. | 你现在很容易受影响 |
[06:51] | We still have a missing body… | 我们还有一具失踪的尸体 |
[06:53] | Amber Lynn LaPierre. She may be alive. We don’t know. | 安贝 她也许还活着 我们不知道 |
[06:55] | But this man isn’t gonna help us find her, | 但这个人的目的不是 |
[06:57] | by his own admission. | 帮我们找她 |
[06:58] | It’s not the first time I’ve heard what he’s saying… | 我不是第一次听到他所说的.. |
[07:02] | about the intervention of these walking spirits. | 关于行走灵魂.. |
[07:04] | Kathy Lee Tencate mentioned it to me in the prison. | 卡西在监狱里向我提过 |
[07:07] | She said that’s who took her son. | 她说就是它带走她的儿子 |
[07:09] | Because it’s foolproof, Mulder. | 因为那是最简单的理由 |
[07:11] | Nobody is gonna disprove it if there’s no body. | 没有尸体就没人能反驳它 |
[07:14] | And that’s exactly what this man does. | 那就是这男人所为 |
[07:16] | He gives a comforting explanation at a train wreck… | 他在火车失事时 提供合理的解释.. |
[07:19] | or an earthquake that everyone can live with. | 或在人能存活的地震 |
[07:21] | But the fact is the bodies are still buried. | 但实际上尸体仍被埋着 |
[07:23] | Or maybe they are somewhere else. | 也许他们在其它地方 |
[07:28] | Like your sister? | 像你妹妹一样 |
[07:30] | Mulder, | 穆德 |
[07:32] | you told me that all you wanted was for this to be over. | 你说过 你只希望一切快结束 |
[07:36] | I do. | 是啊 |
[07:38] | I do. | 是啊 |
[07:40] | Well, then I’m going back to Washington. | 那么我想回华盛顿 |
[07:44] | There’s nothing more to be done here. | 这里没我的事了 |
[08:03] | How long have you been doing this? | 你做这行多久了 |
[08:05] | A few years. | 好几年了 |
[08:09] | I have a son who disappeared | 我的儿子在一个 |
[08:12] | under strange circumstances. | 奇怪环境下失踪 |
[08:16] | He’s never been found. | 一直没被找到 |
[08:19] | And then one day, I just… started to see them. | 有一天 我才… 开始看见他们 |
[08:25] | These walk-ins, you say they… | 这些行走的灵魂.. 你说他们.. |
[08:28] | they come and take the children. | 他们把孩子们带走 |
[08:30] | – Why? – In almost every case, | -为什么 -几乎在每个案件里.. |
[08:33] | the parents had a precognitive image… | 父母都有预知影像.. |
[08:36] | of their child dead. | 关于他们孩子的死 |
[08:40] | Horrible visions. | 可怕的景像 |
[08:42] | I believe what this is is the work of good spirits… | 我相信这是那些比较好的灵魂做的.. |
[08:49] | foretelling their fates. | 预言他们的命运 |
[08:51] | A fate the child was about to meet, | 孩子要面对的命运 |
[08:54] | a particularly violent fate that wasn’t meant to be. | 特别的暴力命运不算 |
[08:58] | Which is why the spirits intervened, | 这就是灵魂移动的原因 |
[09:01] | transforming matter into pure energy. | 把物体转换成纯能量 |
[09:05] | Starlight. | 星光 |
[09:10] | But it’s not what happened here. | 但这里发生的事并不是那样 |
[09:12] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道这些 |
[09:14] | Because these children all died suffering, | 因为这些孩子都死于痛苦 |
[09:18] | pleading innocently for their lives. | 为自己无辜的生命辩护 |
[09:25] | These beautiful children, so… trusting and pure. | 这些漂亮的小孩 这么的.. 纯真和纯洁 |
[09:30] | I see them. | 我到他们了 |
[09:33] | My God, why? | 天哪 为什么 |
[09:36] | Why must some suffer and not others? | 为什么有人要遭受痛苦 而其它人却不必 |
[09:41] | You see them? Do you see Amber Lynn LaPierre? | 你看到他们了 看到安贝吗 |
[09:46] | She wasn’t here. She never was. | 她不在这 一直都不在 |
[09:50] | But I’m… I’m sensing a connection with her… | 但我有和她沟通的感觉.. |
[09:54] | to this place. | 在这个地方 |
[09:58] | No, it’s a connection to… | 不 那是和.. |
[10:04] | – It’s a connection to you. – How’s that? | -那是和你沟通 -为什么会这样 |
[10:14] | You lost someone close to you. | 你失去了你最亲密的人 |
[10:16] | A young girl. | 一个年轻女孩 |
[10:19] | It happened a… a long time ago. | 发生在很久以前 |
[10:25] | Your sister. | 你妹妹 |
[10:29] | There’s a connection between these girls, isn’t there? | 和这些女孩有关联 不是吗 |
[10:34] | Between her and Amber Lynn? | 在她和安贝之间 |
[10:38] | What is the connection? | 是什么关联 |
[10:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:45] | But we’re going to find them. I’m sure of it. | 我们正要去找他们 我确信 |
[10:51] | I’m going to count backwards now, Fox. | 我现在倒数 福克斯 |
[10:54] | And you’ll fall into a deep relaxed state… | 你进入深度放松状态.. |
[10:56] | so that you’ll remember all about your sister | 以便能回忆所有 |
[10:58] | and what happened. | 你妹妹的事情 |
[11:01] | One hundred, ninety-nine, | 一百 九十九 |
[11:05] | ninety-eight, | 九十八 |
[11:07] | ninety-seven, | 九十七 |
[11:09] | ninety-six… | 九十六 |
[11:13] | Where are you now, Fox? | 你现在哪 |
[11:15] | I’m at home… my mom and dad’s. | 在家 我父母的 |
[11:19] | We’re in the den playing a game. | 我们在屋里玩游戏 |
[11:22] | Who are you there with? | 你和谁一起 福克斯 |
[11:24] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[11:27] | – Do you feel in any danger? – No. | -你感觉到危险吗 -没有 |
[11:29] | We’re arguing, you know, but not really. | 我们在争吵 不过不是真的吵 |
[11:31] | Just playing the game. You know, fooling around. | 只是在玩游戏 你知道的 |
[11:33] | By what I can tell from the tape, | 我能告诉你的是 |
[11:35] | he seems to be in a legitimate hypnotic state. | 他似乎处于真实的催眠状态 |
[11:38] | Pieces on the board are fallin’ off… | 棋子从棋盘上掉下来.. |
[11:41] | Here I became suspicious. | 这里我觉得有点怀疑 |
[11:44] | – Samantha? – Suspicious of what? | -萨曼莎 -怀疑什么 |
[11:49] | In 30 years with the F.B.I., you think you’ve seen it all. | 待在调查局三十年 你以为你已经看到所有的东西 |
[11:55] | I sometimes think I have. | 有时我认为是 |
[11:57] | But this is just a garden variety compensatory | 这只是对于绑架的 |
[12:00] | abduction fantasy. | 美好的补偿 |
[12:02] | Compensatory for what? | 补偿什么 |
[12:05] | His guilt. His fear. | 他的罪 他的恐惧 |
[12:08] | Everything that’s preventing Agent Mulder… | 所有阻止穆德的一切.. |
[12:10] | from remembering the truth about | 从那晚发生的 |
[12:12] | what really happened that night. | 真相的回忆 |
[12:13] | You mean his sister wasn’t abducted? | 你说他妹妹不是被绑架的 |
[12:16] | No, his sister definitely went missing in 1973. | 不 他妹妹在1973年确实失踪了 |
[12:19] | That’s not in dispute. | 这点没有争议 |
[12:20] | Agent Mulder, however, wasn’t regressed until 1989. | 然而 穆德直到1989年开始倒退 |
[12:26] | See, his delusion is playing into his unconscious hope… | 你看他的幻想介入他不切实际的希望中 |
[12:29] | that his sister is still alive. | 希望他妹妹还活着 |
[12:31] | And if you think about it, his delusion has the effect… | 如果你这样想 他的幻想的确有效.. |
[12:35] | of giving him reason to pursue her. | 给了他寻找妹妹的理由 |
[12:37] | But why alien abduction? | 但为什么会被外星人绑架 |
[12:40] | Close Encounters, E. T., who knows? | 近距离接触..外星人.. 谁知道 |
[12:42] | But there was probably a lot of imagery | 但有很多画面 |
[12:44] | collecting in his head… | 在他脑海里.. |
[12:46] | in those 16 years. | 在随后16年 |
[12:48] | And then he comes down here, and he finds the X-Files. | 他来到这 找到X档案 |
[12:52] | So what do you think happened to his sister? | 你认为他妹妹发生了什么事 |
[12:56] | Well, in 1973… | 好 在1973年.. |
[12:58] | we were pretty damned unsophisticated | 我们对那些暴力罪行的处理存在 |
[13:01] | about violent predatory crime. | 许多粗糙的地方 |
[13:03] | My guess is she was kidnapped in the house, | 我猜想她在房间内被绑架 |
[13:06] | her body was disposed of, never found. | 她尸体被弃尸 永远找不到 |
[13:09] | You think that his sister’s dead? | 你认为他妹妹死了 |
[13:11] | Have you seen this file? | 你见过这个档案吗 |
[13:14] | There was an extraordinary amount of effort put into finding his sister. | 为了找他妹妹 他投入了大量精力 |
[13:19] | Even the treasury department got involved. | 即使是财政部也介入 |
[13:22] | His father worked at a high level in the government. | 他父亲在政府高层工作 |
[13:24] | They found nothing. | 他们一无所获 |
[13:27] | Why, Agent Scully? Why do you wanna bring all this back up now? | 为什么 史卡利探员 为什么你现在又问起这个案子 |
[13:33] | Someone owes it to Mulder. | 有人欠穆德的 |
[13:35] | Word of advice, me to you. | 我对你有句忠告.. |
[13:38] | Let it be. | 「让它去吧」 |
[13:41] | You know, there are some wounds that are just | 你知道 有些伤口重新 |
[13:43] | too painful ever to be reopened. | 揭开会更痛苦 |
[13:45] | Well, this particular wound has never healed. | 但这特别的伤口从没治愈过 |
[13:49] | And Mulder deserves closure, just like anyone. | 穆德渴望结案 和别人一样 |
[13:56] | Apes evolved from men? | 人从猿进化而来的吗 |
[13:56] | 红马车汽车旅馆 萨克拉门托 加利福尼亚 | |
[13:58] | – There’s gotta be an answer. – Don’t look for it, Taylor. | -这有个答案 -别看它 泰勒 |
[14:02] | You may not like what you find. | 你可能不喜欢你找到的 |
[14:14] | Untie me! | 松开我 |
[14:27] | – What? What are you doing? – I’m picking up something. | -怎么了 你要做什么 -我捡到了一些东西 |
[14:30] | – It’s 3:00 in the morning. – There’s someone here. | -现在是凌晨三点 -有人在这 |
[14:33] | – Yeah, the TV is on… – No. A visitor. | -因为电视开着.. -不 一位访客 |
[14:42] | They… They wanna speak. They wanna tell us something. | 他们..他们想谈 想告诉我们些事情 |
[14:47] | What? | 什么 |
[14:49] | Get a piece of paper. | 拿张纸来 |
[14:53] | And a pen. | 还要一支笔 |
[15:01] | No, you. | 不 你来 |
[15:06] | Shoot. | 好了 |
[15:10] | It’s your mother. | 是你妈 |
[15:15] | She’s here in the room with us. | 她在这房间和我们一起 |
[15:18] | She’s trying to speak to you. | 她试图和你说话 |
[15:24] | What does she say? | 她说了什么 |
[15:29] | She wants to tell you about your sister… | 她想告诉你妹妹的事.. |
[15:33] | Where she is. | 她在哪 |
[15:36] | What is she saying? | 她说了什么 |
[15:39] | Harold? | 哈罗德 |
[15:41] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我.. |
[15:44] | – She’s gone. – Come on, Harold. | -她走了 -少来了 哈罗德 |
[15:48] | I lost her. | 我找不到她 |
[15:50] | – That’s crap. You’re full of crap. – No. | -这是骗人 你全是骗人 -不是 |
[15:53] | – Get out of here. – I’m telling you… | -滚出去 -我告诉你.. |
[15:55] | I’m telling you, I never should have listened to you. | 我从不应该听信你的话 |
[15:58] | She was here! | 她来过这 |
[15:59] | – She had a message. – Please go. | -她有个讯息 -拜托你快走 |
[16:02] | Look! | 你看 |
[16:12] | Who wrote that? | 谁写的 |
[16:14] | You did. | 你写的 |
[17:35] | – Mulder. – Mulder, it’s me. | -我是穆德 -穆德 是我 |
[17:37] | I found something, | 我找到些东西 |
[17:39] | and I’m standing here not quite believing what it is. | 我难以相信怎么回事 |
[17:41] | – What is it? – I don’t know if you know this, | -是什么 -我不知道你是否知道这个 |
[17:44] | but there was a special treasury department | 有个财政部单位 |
[17:46] | investigation into Samantha’s disappearance. | 在调查珊曼莎的失踪 |
[17:48] | In 1973. I know all about that. | 在1973年 我都知道 |
[17:51] | Well, I’m in your mother’s house and | 我在你妈的家中 |
[17:53] | I found a piece of a document that she burned. | 找到她烧掉的文件 |
[17:55] | A document that matches one that | 和我发现的财政部 |
[17:58] | I found in the treasury investigation file. | 调查档案吻合 |
[18:01] | But she had the original, Mulder. | 但她有原稿 穆德 |
[18:03] | I don’t see where you’re goin’ with this, Scully. | 我不明白你要怎样 史卡利 |
[18:05] | This is the document that effectively calls off | 这文件下令取消了 |
[18:07] | the search for your sister, Mulder. | 对你妹妹的寻找 穆德 |
[18:11] | And it’s signed with the initials “C.G.B.S.” | 署名为C.G.B.S. |
[18:15] | C.G.B. Spender… | C.G.B.史班德 |
[18:18] | the Smoking Man. | 抽烟人 |
[18:20] | He was involved with this back in ’73. | 他在1973年就卷入这件事 |
[18:23] | That’s not exactly a revelation, Scully. | 没什么奇怪的 |
[18:25] | He was a friend of my father’s. | 他是我父亲的朋友 |
[18:27] | Mulder, you told me you believed that | 穆德 你说过你相信 |
[18:28] | he’s the man that killed your father, | 他是杀了你爸的凶手 |
[18:30] | that he’s the man who’s done nothing | 他是来破坏 |
[18:32] | but confound your work, | 你工作的 |
[18:33] | who’s come close to killing you. | 他接近你是要杀你 |
[18:35] | And here he’s ordering people to stop | 他下令阻止大家 |
[18:37] | looking for your sister. | 寻找你妹妹 |
[18:38] | I don’t see what you think this proves, | 我不明白你怎么想的 |
[18:40] | or how you think it’s gonna help me find her now. | 这对我寻找她有什么帮助 |
[18:42] | – You don’t wanna press him? – It’s a dead end. | -你不想追查他吗 -那是条死胡同 |
[18:44] | He’s never been of any help, | 他没帮过忙 |
[18:46] | and he’s not gonna be of any help now. | 现在也帮不上 |
[18:48] | Look, I’m pursuing this my own way, all right. I gotta go. | 我现在自己找 好了 我要忙了 |
[19:27] | It’s not exactly the end of the rainbow, is it, Harold? | 那不是彩虹尽头吗 哈罗德 |
[19:29] | There’s something here. I’m getting a strong sense of it. | 这里有东西 我有强烈的感觉 |
[19:33] | I think we should have a look. | 我们得看一下 |
[19:35] | I’ve had a look. | 我已经看过了 |
[19:38] | What are you afraid of? That you’ll really find her? | 你在怕什么 你怕你真的找到她 |
[19:41] | – That you’d have to deal with it? – There’s nothing here. | -还是你要面对的 -这里没东西 |
[19:44] | It’s a decommissioned base. | 这是退役基地 |
[19:46] | You wrote the name down yourself. | 你自己写下了名字 |
[19:48] | Why do you care so much about what I feel? | 你为什么关心我所想的事 |
[19:50] | Why is this so important to you? | 为什么这对你那么重要 |
[20:02] | You gentlemen need to move along. | 你们得走开 |
[20:05] | I have to ask you to turn around and get back in your car. | 我得请你们转身上车 |
[20:08] | There’s nothing to see here. | 这里没什么好看的 |
[20:14] | There is something here to see, Agent Mulder. I’m sure of it. | 这里有东西 穆德探员 我确定 |
[20:27] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:30] | I should have grabbed it for you. | 我应该帮你接电话的 |
[20:33] | I like to make myself useful. | 我喜欢让自己有点用处 |
[20:38] | You can start by putting out that cigarette. | 你如果把烟熄了就很有用了 |
[20:40] | You’ve got it all figured out, don’t you, Agent Scully? | 你已经查出来了 不是吗 史卡利探员 |
[20:44] | All but why you can’t just come to the door and knock. | 为什么你不能敲门后再进来 |
[20:48] | I did that. | 我敲了 |
[20:51] | No one answered. | 没人回应 |
[20:59] | You’re sick. | 你病了 |
[21:02] | I had an operation. | 我动了手术 |
[21:04] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[21:07] | I want you to stop looking. | 我要你别找了 |
[21:09] | You’ve wanted that since 1973… | 你从1973年开始就这么想了.. |
[21:12] | when you ordered an end to the search | 当你下令停止 |
[21:14] | for Agent Mulder’s sister. | 搜寻穆德妹妹时 |
[21:15] | Your initials are on that document. | 你的签名出现在文件里 |
[21:17] | Yes, I signed that order, | 是的 我签署了那命令 |
[21:19] | because I knew then what I know now… | 因为我知道.. |
[21:21] | no one’s gonna find her. | 没有人能找到她 |
[21:23] | Why not? | 为什么找不到 |
[21:24] | Because I believe she’s dead. | 因为我相信她已经死了 |
[21:26] | No reason to believe otherwise. | 没理由不相信 |
[21:29] | You’re a liar. | 你是个骗子 |
[21:31] | If you knew that she was dead, | 如果你知道她已经死了 |
[21:34] | why didn’t you say something earlier? Why now? | 为什么不早说 为什么现在说 |
[21:36] | There was so much to protect before. It’s all gone now. | 以前要保护很多事情 现在都已经消失了 |
[21:39] | So you just let Mulder believe that she was | 所以这些年你让穆德以为 |
[21:42] | alive for all these years? | 她还活着 |
[21:42] | Out of kindness, Agent Scully. | 友善点 史卡利探员 |
[21:46] | Allow him his ignorance. | 容许他的无知.. |
[21:48] | It’s what gives him hope. | 是给他希望 |
[22:45] | – My sister was here? – Yes. | -我妹妹在这里 -是的 |
[22:50] | One of these houses? Where? | 其中一间房子 哪间 |
[22:56] | I’ve lost it, whatever it was. | 总之 我跟丢了 |
[22:59] | Which house, Harold? Come on. Which house? | 哪间房子 快 哪间房子 |
[23:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:03] | Harold, we don’t have all night. Which house was it? | 我们没什么时间了 哪间房子 |
[23:29] | Let’s go, Harold. | 我们走 哈罗德 |
[23:40] | You were right. This was the house. | 你是对的 就是那间房子 |
[23:43] | – How do you know? – Look. | -你怎么知道 -你看 |
[23:47] | I told you! What did I tell you? | 我就说了 我告诉过你 |
[23:50] | You told me she was here. | 你告诉我她在这 |
[23:52] | You didn’t say with who. | 你没说和谁在一起 |
[24:07] | When did you come up with this story, Mulder? | 你什么时候编出这故事的 穆德 |
[24:11] | Because yesterday when I spoke to you, | 我昨天和你说的时候 |
[24:13] | you said that the Smoking Man wasn’t involved. | 你说吸烟人没介入 |
[24:17] | Turns out you were right. | 事实证明你是对的 |
[24:19] | He had every reason to call off the hunt for my sister. | 他有理由取消搜寻我妹妹 |
[24:21] | After her abduction, she was returned to him… | 在她绑架后 她回去他那 |
[24:24] | and he raised her at the military base, | 他在军事基地扶养她 |
[24:26] | along with his son Jeffrey Spender. | 和他儿子杰弗里一起 |
[24:27] | – Mulder… – Scully, I saw her name in the cement. | -穆德.. -史卡利 我看见她的名字在水泥地上 |
[24:31] | Her handprints right next to his. | 她的手印 在他的手印旁 |
[24:36] | Mulder, I spoke to him… | 穆德 我和他谈过.. |
[24:38] | the Smoking Man, C.G.B. Spender, whatever his name is. | 吸烟人 CGB 史班德 不论他的名字是什么 |
[24:41] | You went to him? | 你去找他 |
[24:43] | He told me that she was dead. | 他告诉我她已经死了 |
[24:48] | Well, he’s a liar. | 他是个骗子 |
[24:54] | Mulder, why would he lie now? I mean, think about it. | 他为什么现在还要撒谎 我的意思是 你想想.. |
[24:57] | It hurts me to tell you this. | 告诉你这件事 对我来说有多残酷 |
[24:59] | The handprints prove he’s a liar! | 那手印证明他是骗子 |
[25:02] | I saw her handprints in the cement. | 我看到了水泥上的手印 |
[25:04] | Her name “Samantha” right underneath them. | 她的名字「萨曼莎」写在地下 |
[25:07] | How more obvious can it be? | 多么明显的证据 |
[25:08] | Harold Piller led me there. He led me right to ’em. | 哈罗德带我去那的 直接到那 |
[25:11] | Oh, he led you, Mulder. | 哦 他带你去的 穆德 |
[25:13] | He led you from the moment that he met you. | 他从见到你那一刻 就开始带着你走 |
[25:20] | Something wrong? | 怎么了吗 |
[25:23] | Sit down, Harold. | 坐下 哈罗德 |
[25:26] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[25:28] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[25:31] | Scully has informed me | 史卡利提醒了我 |
[25:32] | that you failed to mention something to me | 我们第一次见面时 |
[25:34] | when we first met. | 你忘了说一些事 |
[25:35] | – What? – That you’re currently the subject… | -什么 -你现在是 |
[25:38] | of a criminal investigation into the murder of your son. | 你儿子谋杀案的主要被调查对象 |
[25:42] | My son was taken from me. | 我儿子从我身边被带走的 |
[25:44] | The police need someone to blame. | 警方需要有人来负责 |
[25:46] | That’s not all, Harold. Your history of mental illness. | 不全然是 哈罗德 你的精神病史 |
[25:50] | You were institutionalized, diagnosed with schizophrenia. | 你被诊断为精神分裂症 |
[25:52] | I’ve got that under control. | 我的病情已经被控制了 |
[25:54] | You wouldn’t have believed me if I had told you any of that. | 如果我说了你就不会相信我了 |
[25:57] | Look what I’ve shown you. | 看看我带你看到的 |
[25:59] | You only tell me what you see. | 你只告诉我你看到的 |
[26:01] | I came to you because I wanna help. | 我来找你是因为我想帮忙 |
[26:05] | You think I’m a fraud? | 你以为我是骗子 |
[26:07] | What do I have to gain from this? | 这么做对我有什么好处 |
[26:10] | How am I any different from you? | 我和你有什么不同吗 |
[26:12] | All I want is to find my son. I… I just… | 我只想找到我儿子 我..我只.. |
[26:16] | I just want my little boy back. | 只想找回我儿子 |
[26:22] | I see these things. I don’t know how, | 我能看见一些东西 我不知道为什么 |
[26:26] | but… there has got to be a reason. | 但..应该有个原因的 |
[26:28] | And if it’s not to help, what is it? | 如果没有帮助 那会是什么呢 |
[26:33] | I know your sister is out there. | 我知道你妹妹在那里 |
[26:38] | Maybe I can prove it to you. | 也许我可以向你证明 |
[27:14] | Whoever’s lived here hasn’t lived here in a long time. | 原本住在这的人已经离开很久了 |
[27:20] | – We’re gonna need to hold hands. – What do you mean? | -我们一起来祈祷 -什么意思 |
[27:24] | I’m going to try and summon their presence into the house. | 我要召唤他们来这间房子 |
[27:28] | Oh, yea. A seance. I haven’t done that since high school. | 哦 耶 降神会 我从高中以后就没玩过了 |
[27:33] | Maybe afterwards we can play “postman” | 或许以后我们还可以玩”邮差” |
[27:35] | and “spin the bottle.” | 和”转瓶子” |
[27:39] | I’m not going to say anything. | 我不想说什么 |
[27:42] | I’m just going to be very quiet and still. | 我会变得很安静 |
[27:45] | That’s how it seems to work best. | 会比较有效 |
[27:47] | Um, you might experience a sudden chill… | 你会突然感到寒冷.. |
[27:50] | or feel a pressure in your ears. | 或者感觉耳朵有压力 |
[27:53] | That means they’re here. | 那就代表他们来了 |
[27:56] | And if they need to, they’ll let themselves be seen. | 如果有需要 他们会现身 |
[28:00] | Close your eyes… | 闭上眼睛 |
[28:02] | and let them come to you. | 让他们靠近你们 |
[28:06] | They will come to you if you’re ready to see. | 你准备好之后 他们就会过来 |
[28:10] | – How will we know? – Shh. | -我们怎么知道他们来了 – 嘘 |
[28:13] | Stay quiet. You’ll know. | 安静待着 你会知道的 |
[29:43] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[29:47] | – What are you doing? – It’s here. | -你在做什么 -在这里 |
[29:50] | What is? | 是什么 |
[29:52] | There was a boy. He led me into this room. | 有个男孩 他带我来这房间 |
[29:55] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[30:14] | It’s a diary. | 是一本日记 |
[30:19] | It’s your sister’s. | 是你妹妹的 |
[30:28] | “They did more tests today, but not the horrible kind. | 「今天他们做了很多测试 不是很可怕的那种」 |
[30:32] | “I was awake and they made me lay still… | 「我醒了 他们要我安静躺着..」 |
[30:37] | “while they shine lights in my eyes. | 「他们把光带入我眼里」 |
[30:39] | “They asked me questions, but I always lie now… | 「他们问我问题 但我现在只说谎话..」 |
[30:42] | “and tell them what they wanna hear just to make ’em stop. | 「告诉他们想听的 才能阻止他们」 |
[30:47] | “I hate them and I hate the way they treat me, | 「我恨他们以及他们对我的方式」 |
[30:51] | “like I’m an old suitcase they can just | 「我好像是个箱子 |
[30:53] | drag around and open up whenever they want to. | 他们可以随便搬移开启」 |
[30:57] | They know I hate them, but they… don’t even care.” | 「他们知道我恨他们 但他们.. 一点都不在乎」 |
[31:02] | This is 1979. | 这是1979年 |
[31:05] | She’s 14 years old here. | 她当时14岁 |
[31:08] | Fourteen years old. | 14岁 |
[31:16] | “Sometimes I think my memories | 「有时我以为我所有的记忆 |
[31:18] | were taken by the doctors, | 都被那些医生偷走了 |
[31:20] | but not all of them. | 但却不是全部」 |
[31:21] | “I remember faces. I think I had a brother… | 「我记得那些面孔 我记得我有个哥哥..」 |
[31:25] | “with brown hair who used to tease me. | 「棕色头发 常常捉弄我」 |
[31:30] | “I hope… | 「我希望..」 |
[31:32] | someday he reads this and knows I wish | 「某天他能看到这个 |
[31:34] | I could see his face for real.” | 知道我想看见他真的脸」 |
[31:49] | And then, uh, | 后来.. |
[31:53] | she’s, uh, talking about running away. | 她写到关于逃跑 |
[32:00] | She wants to run away… | 她想逃跑.. |
[32:02] | so that they stop doing the tests. | 所以他们停止测试 |
[32:06] | And then it just stops. | 所以他们就停止了 |
[32:24] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们离开这里吧 |
[32:50] | You know, I never stop to think… | 你知道吗 我一直都会想.. |
[32:54] | that the light is billions of years old by the time we see it. | 那星星的亮光是十亿年以前的 |
[32:59] | From the beginning of time… | 从开始时算起.. |
[33:02] | right past us into the future. | 经过我们到达未来 |
[33:06] | Nothing is ancient in the universe. | 宇宙中没有真的古老的东西 |
[33:11] | Maybe they are souls, Scully… | 也许他们是灵魂 史卡利.. |
[33:16] | travel through time and starlight… | 穿越时间和星光.. |
[33:19] | Iooking for homes. | 寻找家园 |
[33:23] | I wonder what my mother saw. | 我想知道我妈看到什么 |
[33:28] | I wonder what she was trying to tell me. | 我想知道她想告诉我的 |
[33:35] | Get some sleep. | 睡觉吧 |
[33:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[34:20] | I got it, Mulder. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it. | 我拿到的 刚看到我也不相信 |
[34:22] | It was like it was looking for me. | 好像它在找我 |
[34:24] | Sergeant’s blotter, 1979. | 1979年 士官记事薄 |
[34:27] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[34:28] | The description matches your sister. | 描述与你妹妹吻合 |
[34:31] | When did you find this? | 你什么时候找到的 |
[34:33] | Mulder, it’s almost noon. | 穆德 现在快中午了 |
[34:41] | Maybe she went by another name. | 也许她用了另一个名字 |
[34:44] | She could have given them a name other than her own. | 他们应该给了她一个假名 |
[34:47] | She didn’t give a name at all. | 她根本没有名字 |
[34:50] | Read this. It’s a medical report. | 看这个 医学报告 |
[34:55] | Admittance notes say the E.R. nurses | 入院证明说护士 |
[34:57] | couldn’t get her name out of her. | 不知道她的名字 |
[34:58] | Neither could the cops. | 警察也没办法 |
[35:00] | Her medical examination is normal. | 她体检正常 |
[35:03] | Her mental state… | 她精神状态.. |
[35:05] | it says here she was exhibiting signs of paranoia. | 上面说她有妄想症 |
[35:07] | Evidence of probable self-inflicted abuse, | 可能是有自虐的证据 |
[35:11] | including small crescent-shaped scars on her knees, | 包含她膝盖 |
[35:13] | wrists and chest. | 手腕 胸部的新月形的疤 |
[35:16] | Those are from the tests, Scully. | 那些是测试留下来的 史卡利 |
[35:18] | That’s her. She was here. | 是她 她来过 |
[35:21] | Fourteen years old in this hospital. | 在这医院时14岁 |
[35:25] | “Diagnosis of condition incomplete. Tests unavailable.” | 「诊治尚未结束 没有检查结果」 |
[35:28] | And he knew. | 但他明白 |
[35:31] | He lied. He knew she was alive. | 他说了说谎 他知道她还活着 |
[35:35] | And the only reason he’s lying now is | 说谎的唯一原因是 |
[35:37] | because she’s still alive. | 因为她仍然还活着 |
[35:38] | Mulder, wait. | 穆德等等 |
[35:40] | I know. You don’t want me to get my hopes up. | 我明白 你不想我燃起希望 |
[35:43] | I understand that. | 我知道 |
[35:43] | That was 1979. It was 21 years ago. | 那是1979年 21年前 |
[35:47] | I don’t know where to begin, | 我不知道从哪里开始 |
[35:49] | and we don’t have a record here of | 我们没有医生签署 |
[35:50] | a doctor signing her out. | 她出院的记录 |
[35:51] | We have an E.R. nurse who signed her in. | 有急症护士签署她入院 |
[36:25] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[36:29] | I have this powerful feeling, and I can’t explain it, | 我有个强烈的感觉 我没办法解释 |
[36:32] | but that… this is the end of the road. | 但..这是路的终点 |
[36:38] | That I’ve been brought here to learn the truth. | 我被带来这 了解事实真相 |
[36:40] | Are you ready for it? | 你准备好了吗 |
[36:48] | Do you want me to go talk to her myself? | 你要我和她对话吗 |
[36:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:19] | Oh. I thought that was the door. | 我以为是门的声音 |
[37:22] | – Arbutus Ray? – Yes. | -爱贝斯·雷吗 -是的 |
[37:25] | Are you the same Arbutus Ray that worked as a nurse… | 你是那个1979年在.. |
[37:27] | at the Dominic Savio Memorial Hospital in 1979? | 在萨维尔医院的护士 |
[37:31] | Yes, I’m she. | 是的 我是 |
[37:34] | I’d like to ask you about a patient you treated… | 我想打听你治疗过的一个病人.. |
[37:37] | a 14-year-old girl. | 一个14岁女孩 |
[37:41] | I remember. Yes. | 我记得 是的 |
[37:45] | She was such a pretty young girl. | 她很年轻漂亮 |
[37:47] | You couldn’t forget someone like her, | 你不会忘记她 |
[37:50] | or how frightened she was. | 她多么害怕 |
[37:51] | Scared for her sweet life. | 害怕她的生活 |
[37:54] | The deputy brought her in. She was shaking like a leaf. | 一个副警长带她进来 她像树叶一样发抖 |
[37:58] | Wouldn’t let anyone touch her but me. | 只让我接触她 |
[38:02] | Then the strangest thing happened. | 接着发生了最奇怪的事 |
[38:05] | You had a vision of her… dead. | 你幻想看到她..死亡 |
[38:08] | Like the parents of Amber Lynn LaPierre. | 就像安贝的父母 |
[38:11] | No one believed me. | 没有人相信我 |
[38:15] | Honestly, you’re the first person who… | 老实说 你是第一个人.. |
[38:18] | – So you saw her dead? – That night in her bed. | -你看到她死了 -那天晚上在她床上 |
[38:21] | I blinked and it was gone. | 我一眨眼就消失了 |
[38:24] | She was sleeping as sound as could be. | 她安静地熟睡 |
[38:27] | I don’t know why, but… | 我不知道为什么 但.. |
[38:29] | it made some kind of strange sense. | 产生了奇怪感觉 |
[38:33] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:35] | There were men. | 有个男人 |
[38:38] | They came to pick her up late that night. | 那晚来把她带走 |
[38:40] | I assumed the one was her father, but he… | 我以为是她父亲 但.. |
[38:44] | he gave me such a chill when he looked at me… | 他看我时 我打了个冷颤.. |
[38:47] | when I asked him would he please put out his cigarette. | 当我请他把香烟丢掉时 |
[38:53] | So, they took her? | 那么 他们带走她了 |
[38:55] | They meant to. | 他们想这么做 |
[38:57] | But when I took them to her room, | 但当我带他们去她房间时 |
[39:00] | she was gone. | 她不见了 |
[39:02] | Disappeared out of a locked room. | 从锁着的房间消失了 |
[39:05] | Just vanished. | 就这么消失 |
[41:00] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[41:57] | Mulder, where’d you go? | 穆德 你去哪了 |
[42:02] | End of the road. | 路的尽头 |
[42:10] | He’s okay. It’s okay. | 他没关系 没关系的 |
[42:12] | My son? You saw my son? | 我儿子 你见过我儿子 |
[42:14] | He’s dead. They’re all dead, Harold… | 他死了 他们都死了 哈罗德.. |
[42:20] | your son, Amber Lynn, my sister. | 你儿子 安贝 我妹妹 |
[42:23] | – No. – Harold. | -不 -哈罗德 |
[42:25] | You see so much, but you refuse to see him. | 你看了很多 但你拒绝见他 |
[42:30] | You refuse to let him go. | 你拒绝让他离去 |
[42:33] | But you have to let him go now, Harold. | 但你现在得让他离去 哈罗德 |
[42:35] | He’s protected. He’s in a better place. | 他被保护着 他在更好的地方 |
[42:36] | They’re all in a better place. | 他们在更好的地方 |
[42:38] | We both have to let go, Harold. | 我们必须让他们走 |
[42:41] | You’re wrong. I’m going to find him. | 你错了 我要找到他 |
[42:44] | I don’t believe you! | 我不相信你 |
[42:59] | Mulder, what happened? | 穆德 发生什么事 |
[43:03] | Are you sure you’re all right? | 你确定你没问题 |
[43:09] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[43:13] | I’m free. | 我自由了 |