时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | Good afternoon. I hope we’re not bothering you. | 午安 希望没打扰到您 |
[00:49] | – Actually, I’m just…- We really won’t take up much of your time. | -事实上 我正在… -不会耽误您太多时间的 |
[00:51] | – I’m just waiting for a call. – We’re all waiting, ma’am, | -我正在等电话 -我们都在等待 女士 |
[00:54] | for the good Lord to call in his flock. | 等待仁慈的上帝 召唤他的信徒 |
[00:56] | From the cable TV people. | 我在等有线电视的人 |
[00:59] | I’m just moving in. God bless. | 我刚搬来 上帝保佑你们 |
[01:38] | Good afternoon. I hope we’re not bothering… | 午安 希望没打扰…… |
[01:41] | – Yes? – Y-You’re… | -什么事 -你…你是… |
[01:44] | – Weren’t you… – Yeah, didn’t we just… | -你不是… -对 我们是不是刚刚… |
[01:46] | – Didn’t you just what? – Speak to you. | -你们刚刚怎么了 -跟你说过话 |
[01:48] | – Excuse me? – We just spoke to a woman who… | -什么 -我们刚刚跟一位女士说过话… |
[01:51] | could’ve been your twin. | 也许是你的双胞胎姐妹 |
[01:53] | What are you talking about? | 你们说什么呢 |
[01:55] | Yeah, just down the street.She’s just moving in. | 没错 就在街尾 刚搬来 |
[01:57] | Your spitting image. | 跟你简直一模一样 |
[01:58] | You’re really not gonna believe it when you see her. | 你要是见到她 肯定也不会相信的 |
[02:04] | – Ma’am? – Go away! Get out of here! | -女士 -快滚 滚远一点 |
[03:14] | Okay. | 铐起来 |
[04:09] | 堪萨斯市 堪萨斯州 一天后 | |
[04:15] | Betty Templeton? | 贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[04:17] | – Yes? – We’re with the F.B.I. | -我是 -我们是调查局的 |
[04:19] | We’d like to ask about an incident… | 我们想问你几个问题 |
[04:21] | A possible religious hate crime in your neighborhood. | 有关附近的疑似宗教仇恨犯罪 |
[04:23] | I just moved in yesterday. | 我昨天才搬来 |
[04:24] | I don’t know anything about any incident. | 对这儿的事完全不了解 |
[04:26] | Well, we have two young men in the car | 但我们车里的两个年轻人认为 |
[04:29] | who say you do know something. | 你确实知道些事情 |
[04:31] | Oh, my God! | 噢 我的天 |
[04:33] | Those were the boys that were here yesterday. | 那两个男孩昨天来过 |
[04:35] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[04:37] | They were beaten to within an inch of | 他们两人近距离 |
[04:38] | their lives by each other… | 疯狂互殴… |
[04:40] | after visiting the home of a woman living a few blocks over. | 就在他们拜访过 几条街外的一位女士之后 |
[04:43] | What woman? | 什么女士 |
[04:44] | A woman who, by both young men’s accounts, | 那位女士 根据他们的描述… |
[04:46] | fits your description. | 长得跟你一模一样 |
[04:49] | She, uh, lives around here? | 她…住在这附近 |
[04:57] | Are you a practitioner of the occult, Miss Templeton? | 你是超自然学的 实践者吗 谭普顿小姐 |
[05:00] | Wicca, voodoo, Satanism, | 或是巫术教、伏都教、撒旦教 |
[05:03] | the black art of bodily bilocation? | 两地分身的黑法术 |
[05:04] | Me? No. | 我 不是 |
[05:07] | You know what they say. | 你们知道有这么个说法吗… |
[05:09] | Everyone has a twin out there somewhere. | 每个人在某个什么地方 都有一个孪生儿 |
[05:13] | No, we don’t know what they say. | 不 我们不知道有这个说法 |
[05:15] | Well, if there’s someone who fits my description, | 如果真有个人和我一摸一样 |
[05:17] | why isn’t someone talking to her? | 怎么没人去跟她谈 |
[05:19] | We went over to the house, but it’s empty. | 我们去过那栋房子 里面空的 |
[05:21] | No one lives there. | 没有人住 |
[05:22] | Frankly, we’re not even sure if she exists. | 坦白说 我们甚至不确定 她是否存在 |
[06:36] | This is an F.B.I. Fleet sedan… | 这是辆调查局的派用轿车 |
[06:38] | from our Kansas City field office, | 属于堪萨斯市分部 |
[06:40] | requisitioned by two seasoned agents there, | 派给了当地两名经验丰富的探员使用 |
[06:42] | driven into a tree at 43 miles an hour by the female agent… | 女探员驾驶它 以43英哩的时速撞向大树… |
[06:45] | in a novel effort to kill her male counterpart. | 意想天开地想 杀掉她的男搭档 |
[06:50] | Now, you might think I’m gonna suggest | 你也许认为我会说 |
[06:51] | psychokinesis, P. K… | 这和心灵致动有关 PK(“心灵致动”缩写) |
[06:54] | someone or something controlling | 某人或某个东西… |
[06:56] | the agents with remote mind-bending power. | 利用精神遥控能力 控制了两名探员 |
[06:59] | But it’s not? | 但不是吗 |
[07:02] | Both agents sustained critical injuries. | 两位探员均受重伤 |
[07:04] | Their stories eerily similar, | 他们的说法相似得让人害怕 |
[07:07] | as if they temporarily lost control of their minds, | 好像他们的理智突然失控 |
[07:09] | unable to alter their behavior. | 不能修正自己的行为 |
[07:14] | You may think that I’m gonna say it’s past lives unresolved, | 也许你认为我会说 这是前世未了结 |
[07:17] | a fate stalking the agents like an animal. | 命运如野兽追寻猎物般 盯上了这两名探员 |
[07:22] | But you’re not? | 但你不这么想 |
[07:23] | No,the interesting thing about these agents… | 不 最有意思的事是… |
[07:25] | is that they had worked together for seven years | 他们俩共事了七年之久 |
[07:27] | previously without any incident. | 却从没有过故事 |
[07:28] | – Seven years? – Yeah, but they are not… | -七年了 -对 但他们没有… |
[07:31] | romantically involved, if that’s what you’re thinking. | 发生过浪漫关系 如果你想的是这个 |
[07:34] | Not even I would be so farfetched. | 再牵强我也不会想到那儿 |
[07:40] | You have any ideas, Scully? Any thoughts? | 你有什么看法吗 史卡莉 任何想法 |
[07:43] | What I’m thinking, Mulder, is how familiar this seems. | 我在想…穆德 这听起来太熟悉了 |
[07:47] | Playing Watson to your Sherlock. | 你就像 耍弄华生的福尔摩斯 |
[07:49] | You dangling clues out in front of me one by one. | 在我的面前 摆弄一个又一个线索 |
[07:53] | It’s a game, and… | 就像个游戏 而你… |
[07:56] | And as usual, you’re holding something back from me. | 和平时一样 总是对我有所保留 |
[07:59] | You’re not telling me something about this case. | 这件案子里还有事情 你没有告诉我 |
[08:04] | Okay, so these agents were investigating something. | 好吧 这两名探员 正在调查一些事情 |
[08:08] | Something much like what they | 一些…让他们自己 |
[08:13] | themselves were almost killed by. | 险些送命的事 |
[08:16] | Uh, something they came into contact with. | 呃 某件与他们 发生关联的事… |
[08:19] | Uh, third party. | 第三者 |
[08:22] | Two third parties. | 两个第三者 |
[08:24] | Twins? | 双胞胎 |
[08:27] | Relatives? | 亲戚 |
[08:29] | Uh, doppelganger? | 呃…脱体生魂 |
[08:33] | Uh, corporeal likeness that | 呃 不邀而至的 |
[08:35] | appears unbidden from the spirit world, | 来自精神世界的形体相似物… |
[08:38] | the sight of which presages one’s own death. | 以预示某人的死亡 |
[08:41] | Or… A double conjured into the world | 或是…被技术上称为“分身术”的咒语 |
[08:45] | by a technique called bilocation, | 召唤降世的生魂… |
[08:46] | which, in psychological terms, | 这在心理学术语中 |
[08:49] | represents the person’s secret desires and impulses, | 被描述为 一个人隐秘的欲望和犯罪冲动… |
[08:54] | committing acts that a real person cannot commit himself… | 是处于真实人格下的他 所无法实施的… |
[08:59] | or… herself. | …还有她 |
[09:03] | Mulder, the slide, please. | 穆德 拜托下一张 |
[09:07] | Yes! | 棒极了 |
[09:10] | Don’t go thinking I’m gonna start doing the autopsies. | 别以为验尸的活儿 就该由我来做了 |
[09:49] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[09:51] | Hi. I applied for the sales job you posted. | 嗨 我是来应聘你贴的 那个工作的 |
[09:54] | Ah, yeah. I remember. How could I forget? | 嗯 对啊 我记得 我怎么会忘呢 |
[09:58] | – Excuse me? – Uh, there’s a problem with your application, | -什么 -嗯 你的申请书有点问题 |
[10:01] | – As I recall, Miss… – Pfeiffer. | -我记得你叫… -菲佛 |
[10:03] | – Are you sure? – Lulu Pfeiffer, yes. | -你确定吗 -璐璐·菲佛 没错 |
[10:07] | You reside at 15527 Morton Bay Street? | 你住在莫顿湾街15527号 |
[10:10] | – Not any longer. I’ve moved. – You’ve moved? | -不在那儿了 我搬了 -你搬家了 |
[10:13] | Yes. And I don’t have my new address yet. | 对 但我还没有新的地址 |
[10:15] | Actually, Miss Pfeiffer, | 事实上 菲佛小姐 |
[10:17] | that’s what’s sending up the red flag. | 这就是没通过的原因 |
[10:18] | You move a lot. And there’s also your employment history. | 你搬太多次家了 还有你的工作记录也是 |
[10:22] | Seventeen jobs in seventeen states in the past three years? | 过去的三年内 在十七个州换了十七个工作 |
[10:26] | You seem to have as many jobs here | 你搬家的次数 |
[10:27] | as you have addresses. | 似乎和你做过的工作一样多 |
[10:28] | I… I had a restless streak. | 我…我的性格很好动 |
[10:31] | Well, the copy business takes a motivated person. | 嗯 复印工作需要 态度积极的人 |
[10:33] | Oh, I’m an extremely versatile employee, | 噢 我是个非常全面的员工 |
[10:36] | as you can see by my resum? | 你能从我的简历看出来 |
[10:38] | What I can tell is you’ve left a variety of jobs. | 我看到的只是 你辞退过各方面的工作 |
[10:41] | “Mongolian barbecue chef, high-rise window washer, | “蒙古烤肉厨师、高楼洗窗工” |
[10:44] | Wild animal trainer, palm reader.” | “驯兽师、掌纹算命” |
[10:47] | Yes, but I am on a career path now. | 对 不过我现在要做稳定职业了 |
[10:49] | Hey! What’s going on here? | 嘿 这里怎么了 |
[10:51] | – All my copies are black. – My machine’s going crazy. | -我印出来的全是黑的 -我的机器发疯了 |
[10:55] | Who’s running this place? | 这地方是谁在管 |
[10:57] | I can start you immediately. | 我可以马上录用你 |
[10:59] | There’s a clean uniform in the employee washroom. | 在员工洗手间有套干净制服 |
[11:00] | – Oh, God. – Here. Over here. Oh, that’s great. | -噢 天呀 -这儿 这边 真是糟透了 |
[11:04] | Can you help me turn this thing off? | 能帮我把这东西关掉吗 |
[11:07] | My only copy! | 我唯一的副本 |
[11:22] | That’s quite a string of positions you’ve had, | 你曾就业这一栏还真是 一长串啊 |
[11:27] | Miss… Templeton. | 谭普顿小姐 |
[11:28] | Seventeen jobs in the last three years. | 三年内十七个工作 |
[11:31] | I would’ve listed more, | 我还能多填一些 |
[11:32] | but there wasn’t any room left on your form. | 不过表格上没富余地方了 |
[11:34] | Seventeen’s plenty, believe me. | 十七个够多了 相信我 |
[11:36] | I think you’ll find my former employees | 我相信你会发现 |
[11:37] | will only give the highest personal references… | 我的前顾主都给了我很高评价… |
[11:40] | It’s not your references. It’s the jobs themselves. | 关键不在评价 而是这些工作本身 |
[11:44] | “Mongolian barbecue chef, high-rise window washer. | “蒙古烤肉厨师、高楼洗窗工” |
[11:48] | Wild animal trainer?” | “驯兽师” |
[11:50] | I’m a highly versatile employee. | 我是个非常全面的员工 |
[11:55] | What guarantee do I have that | 我怎么能肯定你不会 |
[11:56] | you won’t just up and quit tomorrow? | 今天上班明天就走人呢 |
[11:58] | You have my personal word on it. | 我个人向你保证 |
[12:00] | I’m here in Kansas City to stay. | 我打算在堪萨斯市住下 |
[12:26] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[12:28] | Mr. Zupanic, it’s the F.B.I. | 祖潘尼克先生 我们是调查局的 |
[12:31] | – Excuse me? – It’s the F.B.I., Mr. Zupanic. | -什么 -调查局的 祖潘尼克先生 |
[12:34] | – Open up. – Give me a minute. | -开门 -稍等一下 |
[12:42] | – Bert Zupanic? – Yeah? | -伯特·祖潘尼克 -什么事 |
[12:44] | We’re hoping you could help us find the whereabouts of | 我们希望你能协助我们 |
[12:46] | a woman we think you’re familiar with… | 寻找一位你熟悉的女士下落 |
[12:48] | a Betty Templeton. | 贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[12:51] | I don’t know no Betty Templeton. | 我不认识贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[12:53] | Maybe you should take another look at that photograph, | 或许你该再仔细看看照片 |
[12:56] | Mr. Zupanic. | 祖潘尼克先生 |
[12:58] | Five foot three, red hair. | 身高五尺三寸 红发 |
[13:01] | Maybe I can jog your memory. | 也许我能唤起你的记忆 |
[13:09] | Are you still pleading ignorance, Mr. Zupanic? | 你还要声称一无所知吗 祖潘尼克先生 |
[13:12] | Is that not you in last year’s Fourth ofJuly parade? | 去年参加国庆游行的 不是你吗 |
[13:16] | – Yeah. – Then who’s that sitting next to you? | -是 -那么坐在你旁边的是谁 |
[13:19] | – Her. – Try Betty Templeton. | -她 -就是贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[13:23] | We can’t find her, Mr. Zupanic. | 我们找不到她 祖潘尼克先生 |
[13:25] | She seems to have left town in a hurry. | 她似乎已匆忙出城了 |
[13:27] | She did? | 是吗 |
[13:29] | And didn’t she used to live on Morton Bay in a pink house? | 她是不是曾经住莫顿湾 一栋粉红色的房子 |
[13:35] | – Alderwood, blue house. – On Alderwood? | -阿尔德伍德 蓝色的房子 -阿尔德伍德 |
[13:39] | Mr. Zupanic, do you have any reason to be lying to us? | 祖潘尼克先生 你有必要对我们说谎吗 |
[13:43] | No, sir… I mean, ma’am. | 没有 先生… 我是说 女士 |
[13:45] | Thank you, Mr. Zupanic. | 谢谢你 祖潘尼克先生 |
[13:47] | I have no doubt we’ll be in touch with you. | 我们会再和你联系的 |
[13:53] | You know what I’m thinking. | 你知道我在想什么吗 |
[13:54] | That Mr.Zupanic not only knows Betty Templeton… | 祖潘尼克先生不仅认识贝蒂·谭普顿… |
[13:56] | and where we can find her, | 还知道她在哪里 |
[13:58] | but that he is hip to whatever she’s into, | 也很清楚她卷进了什么事 |
[14:00] | and I should take a look at that house | 而我该去查看一下他提到的 |
[14:02] | he mentioned on Morton Bay Street… | 在莫顿湾街的房子… |
[14:03] | while you go and find out from | 同时你要再去 |
[14:04] | Mr. Zupanic what it is exactly… | 祖潘尼克先生那里弄清楚… |
[14:06] | that he’s clearly hiding about Betty Templeton. | 他到底隐瞒了关于 贝蒂·谭普顿的什么 |
[14:08] | I’m thinking that Bert Zupanic really truly | 我在想的是 伯特·祖潘尼克 |
[14:11] | doesn’t know Betty Templeton. | 的的确确不认识贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[14:16] | Well, I guess that’s why they put the “I” In the F.B.I. | 我猜这就是他们 把我放进调查局(Put the “I” in the FBI)的原因 |
[15:20] | Give me a double, Freddy. | 给我一个双份的 佛雷迪 |
[15:22] | I thought you were in training, Bert, my man. | 你以为你在训练中呢 伯特老弟 |
[15:25] | – Would you just pour? – All right. | -只管倒酒 行吗 -好吧 |
[15:44] | Nice outfit. | 衣服真漂亮 |
[15:47] | Freddy, fire in the hole. | 佛瑞迪 来扔颗手雷 |
[15:50] | Seven and Seven for the lady, and make it stiff. | 给女士来杯“7+7”(波本酒+七喜) 调稠一点儿 |
[15:55] | Oh, my God! How did you do that? | 噢 我的天 你怎么知道的 |
[15:58] | – Do what? – How did you know my drink? | -什么 -你怎么知道我爱喝的饮料 |
[16:06] | I feel like you’re looking right through me, | 感觉就像你看透了我 |
[16:09] | like you’re reading my soul like a book. | 像读书一样 读出了我的心灵 |
[16:15] | Maybe you’ve had enough of the vodka. | 也许你喝太多伏特加了 |
[16:18] | – You are in trouble, aren’t you? – I don’t know. | -你惹麻烦了 是不是 -我不知道 |
[16:22] | I could be. | 可能吧 |
[16:25] | What kind of trouble are you looking for? | 你想找哪一种麻烦 |
[16:27] | You don’t want to go home tonight, okay? | 你今晚别回家 明白吗 |
[16:29] | It just so happens I don’t got a home to go to. | 刚好这么巧 我也无家可回 |
[16:34] | Anyway, I’m Betty Templeton. | 不管怎样…我是贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[16:40] | Alderwood Avenue. | 阿尔德伍德大道 |
[16:44] | My God. | 我的天 |
[16:47] | I’m shaking. | 我在发抖 |
[16:54] | Oh… Oh, that’s perfect. | 噢…噢 真是棒极了 |
[17:07] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:47] | Hey, Scully! | 嘿 史卡莉 |
[17:56] | I want you to meet a buddy of mine, | 来见见我的好朋友 |
[17:58] | Mr. Argyle “Sapersteen.” | 阿盖尔·“沙帕斯汀”先生 |
[18:00] | – “Stein.” – Saperstein. Excuse me. | -“斯坦” -沙帕斯坦 抱歉 |
[18:04] | This is my partner, Dana Scully. | -(希伯莱语)“什么新鲜玩意儿 ” -这是我的搭档 丹娜·史卡莉 |
[18:07] | Pleasure and an honor. | 幸会 |
[18:09] | So, uh, I take it from your posture, | 呃 从你的姿势来看 |
[18:12] | Mulder, you’ve solved this case. | 穆德 你已经结案了 |
[18:14] | Not solved it, | 还没 |
[18:15] | but I have narrowed down the search for our perpetrator | 不过在沙帕斯坦先生友善帮助下 |
[18:17] | with the kind help of Mr. Saperstein here. | 我已经缩小罪犯的范围了 |
[18:18] | – Narrowed it down to where? – Right down there. | -缩小到了哪里 -就在下面 |
[18:24] | Our mystery woman is indeed involved | 我们那位神秘女子 |
[18:25] | with Mr. Bert Zupanic, | 确实与伯特·祖潘尼克有牵连 |
[18:27] | the man we spoke to at his hotel, | 那个我们在他住的旅馆 和他谈过话的男人 |
[18:29] | who will be fighting here two days hence with | 将会在这里比赛两天 |
[18:31] | the mystery woman undoubtedly in attendance. | 那位神秘女子肯定也会出现 |
[18:34] | If it’s the lady I’m thinking, she’s not much to look at, | 如果是真是我知道的那位女士的话 她不常来看的 |
[18:36] | but he says she brings him luck. | 不过他说她给他带来好运 |
[18:38] | – Bert Zupanic is a boxer? – A wrestler, semipro. | -伯特·祖潘尼克是个拳击手 -摔角选手 半职业的 |
[18:42] | So, we wait around Kansas City for a couple of days | 我们要在堪萨斯市等上两天 |
[18:45] | until we can talk to this woman? | 才能和这位女士说上话 |
[18:47] | Well, there’s lots to do here | 嗯 这儿有好多事可做 |
[18:48] | and the barbecue’s second to none. | 况且这儿的烤肉是首屈一指 |
[18:50] | Right, Mr. Saperstein? | 对吧 沙帕斯坦先生 |
[18:51] | Plus, Mr. Saperstein was gonna show me… | 另外 沙帕斯坦先生会教我… |
[18:53] | some in-your-face smack down moves | 一些格斗闪避动作 |
[18:54] | so I can quit getting my ass kicked so often, right? | 那我就不会再常被人踢屁股了 对吗 |
[18:57] | Oh, and there’s… there’s an art | 噢 还有…还有一个 艺术展览 |
[19:00] | exhibit that traces the influence of Soviet art on | 追溯苏联艺术对 |
[19:02] | the American pop culture, right? | 美国波普文化的影响 对吗 |
[19:05] | Unless, of course, you’ve already found Betty Templeton. | 除非 难不成你已经 找到了贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[19:09] | Finding Betty Templeton won’t solve this case, Mulder. | 找到贝蒂·谭普顿 解决不了这个案件 穆德 |
[19:11] | Not unless we find Lulu Pfeiffer. | 除非我们也找到璐璐·菲佛 |
[19:14] | – Who’s Lulu Pfeiffer? – Our doppelganger… | -谁是璐璐·菲佛 -我们那位脱体生魂… |
[19:16] | who lived, until yesterday, | 昨天之前一直住在 |
[19:18] | in a pink house on Morton Bay Street. | 莫顿湾街的粉红色屋子那个 |
[19:21] | But she’s not a manifestation, Mulder. She’s real… | 不过她并不是灵魂显灵 穆德 她是真实的… |
[19:23] | and so is the path of destruction that she’s left in her wake. | 还有她所到之处留下的 一片狼藉也是真实的 |
[19:26] | Though there seems to be no connection of | 尽管她们之间似乎 |
[19:28] | any kind between these two women, | 没有任何的关联 |
[19:29] | Betty Templeton and Lulu Pfeiffer… | 贝蒂·谭普顿和 璐璐·菲佛… |
[19:31] | have traveled city to city across 17 U.S. States, | 都一个城市接一个城市地 跨过了美国的十七个州 |
[19:35] | one alternately trailing the other for the past 12 years. | 在过去的十二年里 她们互相追赶着彼此 |
[19:39] | And wherever they have been, mayhem has followed. | 所到之处 骚乱接踵而至 |
[19:43] | Damn. | 见鬼 |
[19:44] | It’s not just car accidents and fistfights, Mulder. | 不仅是车祸和斗欧 穆德 |
[19:47] | It’s house fires and explosions and even riots. | 还有房子失火、爆炸甚至暴动 |
[19:50] | The lady knows her stuff. | 这位女士业务相当精通啊 |
[19:56] | – Sholom Aleichem. – Yeah. Your mama. | -(希伯莱语)“祝你平安” -好的 “你妈也是” |
[20:16] | – Hello. – Where’s my money? | -喂 -我的钱呢 |
[20:18] | I got it, and I’m bringing it. | 弄到了 我会带来的 |
[20:21] | Yeah, that’s what I heard last night. | 对 昨晚你也是这么说的 |
[20:23] | Now you got the feds on your ass. | 你现在被当差的盯上了啊 |
[20:24] | What? | 什么 |
[20:25] | Your good luck charm don’t sound so lucky no more. | 你的幸运符看来不再幸运了 |
[20:28] | Maybe I should cancel the fight. | 或许我该取消比赛 |
[20:30] | I’m bringing the money, okay? I’m bringing it! | 我马上拿钱过去 好吗 我马上拿过去 |
[20:33] | I’m having lunch at Froggy’s. No money, no fight, Titanic. | 我会在青蛙酒吧吃午餐 没钱就没比赛 泰坦尼克 |
[20:41] | – In trouble or something? – I’m just, uh… | -有麻烦了吗 -我只是…呃… |
[20:46] | I gotta be somewhere, okay? | 我得去个地方 好吗 |
[20:48] | Why? What time is it? Oh, God, I’m gonna be late for work! | 为什么 现在几点了 噢 天啊 我上班要迟到了 |
[20:56] | You were incredible. | 你真是难以置信 |
[20:59] | Why do I find myself so wildly attracted to you, | 为何我会如此地为你痴狂呢 |
[21:02] | Bert Zupanic? | 伯特·祖潘尼克 |
[21:06] | You just can’t help yourself, baby. | 你就是情不自禁 宝贝 |
[21:25] | Where were you last night? | 昨晚你哪儿去了 |
[21:28] | – Where was I? – Yeah. | -我哪儿去了 -对 |
[21:30] | – Well, I… – You said, “Meet me for a drink.” | -嗯 我… -你说 “来和我喝一杯吧” |
[21:33] | That’s what you said. | 你自己说的 |
[21:35] | I was there, and I-I was waiting on you. | 我去了 还给你要了酒 |
[21:38] | Are you two-timing me, Bert? | 伯特 你是不是背叛了我 |
[21:40] | How can you say that? You’re my good luck charm. | 你怎么能这么说 你是我的幸运符 |
[21:42] | – Who is she? – “Who is she?” | -她是谁 -“她是谁 ” |
[21:46] | You do not wanna get in the ring with me, mister! | 你别想我会跟你一起去比赛了 先生 |
[21:48] | Honey, listen… Come on, baby. | 亲爱的 听我说…别这样 宝贝 |
[21:51] | There’s nobody under there. | 那下面没人 |
[21:52] | You’re acting crazy, sweetie. | 你太激动了 甜心 |
[21:54] | I’m gonna look under every single… | 我要翻遍每个… |
[21:55] | Hey! I know this hairpin. | 嘿 我认得这支发夹 |
[22:00] | Oh, I-I can explain that. | 噢…那个我能解释 |
[22:05] | You lovable lug, Bert Zupanic! | 你这个惹人爱的傻瓜 伯特·祖潘尼克 |
[22:08] | I’m sorry, baby. This is mine. | 真对不起 宝贝 这是我的 |
[22:11] | – Of course it is. – I just get so jealous. | -当然是你的了 -我太会吃醋了 |
[22:14] | – You forgive me? – I forgive you. | -你原谅我吗 -我原谅你 |
[22:17] | I’m in training. You’ve gotta go to work. | 我在训练中 你该去工作了 |
[22:19] | -You’re late. – No. No. | -要迟到了 -不… |
[22:20] | – I’m so wildly attracted to you, Bert Zupanic. – Hey, listen. | -我是如此地为你痴狂 伯特·祖潘尼克 -嘿 听好 |
[22:23] | Good looks and charm. What’s not to love,all right? | 漂亮又有魅力 不是爱的原因 好吗 |
[22:26] | There’s a lot to love. | 有很多原因呢 |
[22:27] | – I know. You go on. No! You have to go. – But why… But… | -我知道 走吧 -但为什么… -你必须走了 |
[22:30] | Will you call me at least?Bye. | 至少会打个电话给我吧 再见 |
[22:32] | You bet. I’m on the phone now, okay? | 没问题 我现在就打给你 好吗 |
[22:41] | Bert, did I hear voices? | 伯特 我听见谁的声音 |
[22:43] | Voices? I didn’t hear any voices. | 声音 我没听到啊 |
[22:48] | Oh! | 噢 |
[22:51] | Oh. | 噢 |
[23:04] | Where’s the Titanic? | 泰坦尼克在哪儿 |
[23:06] | What? | 什么 |
[23:08] | Your boyfriend, the wrestler. | 你的男友 那个摔角手 |
[23:10] | Wow, talk about moves. | 哇 消息传真快 |
[23:12] | I can’t believe that we barely just met. | 真不敢相信 我们才刚刚认识 |
[23:15] | He’s supposed to meet me here. | 他应该来这里见我的 |
[23:17] | He’s coming here? | 他要到这儿来 |
[23:19] | He’d better be if he wants that fight Saturday night. | 如果他还想要 星期六晚上的比赛的话 |
[23:22] | I’d better go freshen up a little. | 我得去梳洗一下 |
[23:23] | I was just coming in for lunch. | 我进来只是想吃午饭的 |
[23:33] | Zupanic, hey. | 祖潘尼克 嘿 |
[23:40] | Thought you were a no-show. Talking to your girlfriend. | 我以为你要爽约了 刚刚和你女友聊天呢 |
[23:44] | My girlfriend? | 我女友 |
[23:47] | Holy shoot! | 我的妈呀 |
[23:52] | What is that? | 怎么回事 |
[24:02] | – Now, how did she do that? – Do what? | -这她是怎么办到的 -办到什么 |
[24:05] | I just saw her. I swear. I just saw her go to the can. | 我刚见过她 我发誓 我看她进了厕所 |
[24:10] | – She just went to the can? – Ten seconds ago. | -她刚进了厕所 -十秒钟前 |
[24:21] | – What are you doing here? – I have a business meeting. | -你在这里干什么 -我在谈生意 |
[24:25] | Why don’t I meet you outside in the park? | 你去外面公园等我好吗 |
[24:28] | – I was just gonna get some lunch. – Perfect. | -我正想要吃午饭 -太好了 |
[24:30] | – We’ll have a picnic. – A picnic? We never do that. | -我们去野餐吧 -野餐 我们从没有过 |
[24:33] | Oh, yeah. | 噢 是吗… |
[24:40] | Now… | 现在… |
[24:43] | Bert? | 伯特 |
[24:53] | I have a little business to attend to, sweetie. | 我有点生意要照料 亲爱的 |
[24:56] | – You got more than that to attend to.- Hey, Bert, I only got an hou… | -这下你可有的照料了 -嘿 伯特 我只有一小时… |
[26:06] | Mr. Zupanic? | 祖潘尼克先生 |
[26:11] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[26:14] | Uh, there was an incident. | 呃 发生了一个意外 |
[26:17] | You were struck by flying glass. | 你被飞起来的玻璃击中了 |
[26:21] | Did you lose something? | 你丢了什么东西吗 |
[26:26] | Yeah. My good luck. | 是啊 我的好运 |
[26:29] | Would that be Betty or Lulu, Mr. Zupanic? | 是指贝蒂还是璐璐 祖潘尼克先生 |
[26:34] | ‘Cause they’re the ones who caused this, | 因为她们是这场意外的起因 |
[26:36] | and they’ll do it again if we can’t find them. | 如果找不到她们 这还会再发生 |
[26:39] | Where are they, Mr. Zupanic? | 她们在哪里 祖潘尼克先生 |
[26:51] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[26:54] | – F.B.I. – Can I help you? | -调查局 -有什么我能帮忙的 |
[26:56] | Yes, I’m looking for… that girl. | 有 我在找…那个姑娘 |
[27:01] | Betty. This man’s from the F.B.I. | 贝蒂 这位是调查局来的 |
[27:10] | Betty Templeton? | 贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[27:12] | I’m just getting off work.Could we talk some other time? | 我刚上班 能找别的时间谈吗 |
[27:15] | I think we both know why I’m here. | 我想我们都清楚 我来这儿的原因 |
[27:18] | – It’s her fault! – Lulu Pfeiffer. | -都是她的错 -璐璐·菲佛 |
[27:20] | She follows me around trying to ruin my life. | 她总是跟着我 想毁了我的生活 |
[27:23] | I’m not gonna let her ruin it this time. It’s either me or her. | 这次我不会让她得逞的 不是我就是她 |
[27:26] | I don’t want to leave Kansas. | 我不想离开堪萨斯 |
[27:47] | – Scully. – Hey, Scully. | -史卡莉 -嘿 史卡莉 |
[27:49] | I found her at Koko’s Copy Center. | 我在柯柯复印中心找到她了 |
[27:51] | – Betty Templeton? – Yeah. | -贝蒂·谭普顿 -对 |
[27:53] | She says that Lulu Pfeiffer’s trying to ruin her life. | 她说璐璐·菲佛想毁了她的生活 |
[27:56] | Follows her wherever she goes. | 无论她去到哪里她都会跟着 |
[27:59] | Lulu Pfeiffer works at Koko’s too. | 璐璐·菲佛也在柯柯工作 |
[28:01] | That’s exactly what Lulu says about Betty, | 她也完全是那么说贝蒂的 |
[28:03] | except she says this is the end of the line, | 不过她还说这一切要结束了 |
[28:05] | that she’s not leaving Kansas. | 她是不会离开堪萨斯的 |
[28:07] | – That’s exactly what Betty said. – What’s going on here? | -贝蒂也是这么说的 -这是怎么回事呀 |
[28:10] | I don’t know, Scully.You’re running this show. | 我不知道 史卡莉 你主持大局 |
[28:13] | Why don’t you tell me? | 为什么你不说说 |
[28:14] | I think that this is more than | 我认为这不仅只是 |
[28:15] | just physical proximity, Mulder. | 身体上的相似而已 穆德 |
[28:17] | I think that these women have | 我想这两个女的还有 |
[28:18] | some kind of a psychic connection. | 某种精神上的联系 |
[28:20] | No… Sherlock. | 不…福尔摩斯 |
[28:25] | Hey, Scully, uh, where’s Lulu? | 嘿 史卡莉 璐璐在哪里 |
[28:27] | She just took off, Mulder. | 她刚走 穆德 |
[28:29] | She left work, and she drove away. | 她下了班 然后开车走了 |
[28:31] | She wouldn’t be driving a little | 她开的不会是辆 |
[28:32] | blue convertible, would she? | 蓝色的敞篷车吧 |
[28:33] | That’s exactly what she’s driving. | 那就是她开的车 |
[28:40] | Oh, crap. | 噢 惨了 |
[29:40] | – Can I help you? – Uh, yes. | -我能帮忙吗 -呃 是的 |
[29:43] | I’m looking for someone. | 我在找一个人 |
[29:44] | He was here speaking to an employee, | 他刚在这和一位员工谈话 |
[29:45] | and I can’t seem to reach him. | 我似乎联络不到他了 |
[29:47] | – Tall guy, dark hair? He left. – Yeah. | -高个男人 深色头发 -对 -他走了 |
[29:50] | – And you don’t know where he went? – Couldn’t say. | -你也不知道他去了哪儿 -不知道 |
[29:53] | – Okay. – However, I can tell you… | -好吧 -不过 我可以告诉你… |
[29:56] | we have a two-for-one copy discount in effect. | 我们正在进行“二赠一” 优惠复印活动 |
[30:03] | – How about Internet access? – Right this way. | -有上网服务吗 -这边请 |
[30:12] | – Is he in there? – Yeah. Sleeping. | -他在里面吗 -对 在睡觉 |
[30:14] | Can you wake him up for me? | 能帮我叫醒他吗 |
[30:16] | You sure you wanna do that? | 你确定要这么做 |
[30:17] | – It’s important. – Will you two shut up or go away? | -这很重要 -你们俩要么闭嘴要么滚开 |
[30:20] | Mr. Damfuse? | 达姆福斯先生 |
[30:23] | The sound of your voice is like | 你的说话声就像是 |
[30:25] | a jackhammer on my eardrums! | 我耳膜上的手提钻 |
[30:33] | Mr. Damfuse, | 达姆福斯先生 |
[30:33] | I’m Special Agent Dana Scully with the F.B.I. | 我是调查局特别探员丹娜·史卡莉 |
[30:35] | What’s so special about you? | 你有什么特别的 |
[30:39] | It’s an F.B. I title, sir. | 这是调查局的头衔 先生 |
[30:41] | I know it is. I’m not stupid! | 这个我知道 我不是笨蛋 |
[30:50] | Mr. Damfuse, if you’ll let me explain why I’m here, | 达姆福斯先生 请容我解释一下我来的目的 |
[30:52] | we might be able to get you to bed a little bit sooner. | 这样你也许就能尽早上床了 |
[30:54] | Ah! What a relief! | 啊 真是种解脱 |
[31:00] | Mr. Damfuse, through a lot of matching up of documents | 达姆福斯先生 从网络上我尽可能 |
[31:02] | that I have been able to compile on the Internet… | 搜集到了大量的文件… |
[31:04] | and by comparing time and space and circumstance | 并对涉及到的时间、地点和事件进行了比对 |
[31:08] | and by liberally applying the law of averages… | 再大胆地应用常规推断… |
[31:10] | They could electrocute me quicker! | 谁快把我放上电椅去啊 |
[31:13] | I believe that you may be the father of two daughters. | 我相信你有可能是两位女儿的父亲 |
[31:28] | I’m no father! | 我不是什么父亲 |
[31:30] | Using documents filed by a sperm bank in Sparta, Illinois… | 根据伊利诺斯州 斯巴达精子银行的存档文件… |
[31:35] | and by the mothers who may have been | 以及有可能是接受了 |
[31:37] | impregnated by your donation… | 你的捐赠的那位母亲… |
[31:39] | I Yankee Doodled into a plastic cup! | 那是个塑料杯子 |
[31:41] | Well, be that as it may, sir, | 嗯 不管是什么 先生 |
[31:43] | it is very likely that you are the biological father. | 你极有可能就是那位血亲父亲 |
[31:45] | And it is very important for their safety | 因此为了她们的安全 |
[31:47] | and for the safety of others… | 以及其他人的安全… |
[31:49] | that we get as much information as possible | 让我们尽可能多地了解你的双亲的信息 |
[31:51] | about your mother and your father… | 是至关重要的… |
[31:52] | and anything about your family tree that | 另外还有你家谱中其它的 |
[31:54] | may be able to explain the reactions that are being | 可以帮助解释 |
[31:55] | caused by these two girls. | 这两名女孩行为的事 |
[31:57] | A big ugly dog lifted its leg on my family tree! | 一条大丑狗把它的腿挂在了我家树上(同“家谱”) |
[32:00] | Make room for Daddy. | 给老爹腾个地儿 |
[32:03] | Shut up, you fat ox! | 闭嘴 你这头母肥牛 |
[32:23] | You aren’t answering your phone? | 你没接我的电话 |
[32:27] | I’m just screening my calls. | 我过滤了来电 |
[32:30] | You sleep with me once and now you’re avoiding me? | 你跟我睡过一次 现在却要躲开我 |
[32:35] | I got… big trouble, baby. | 我有…大麻烦了 宝贝 |
[32:38] | I got just one shot left for the big time. Just one. | 我的大好风光只剩这一次机会了 就一次 |
[32:42] | But you got your match tonight. | 但你今晚有比赛啊 |
[32:43] | Your name’s up on the marquee. | 你的名字就在广告牌上 |
[32:45] | I’ve lost my financing. | 我把筹金弄丟了 |
[32:50] | – You’re my good luck, baby. – I am? | -你是我的好运气 宝贝 -我是吗 |
[32:53] | It was my good luck to meet you. | 认识你是我的好运… |
[32:55] | And if you could just… | 只要你能… |
[32:58] | If you could help the Titanic find a way. | 只要你能帮我“泰坦尼克”找一条出路 |
[33:01] | “Find a way”? | “找一条出路” |
[33:03] | They say I’m old, I’m washed up. | 他们说我老了 不行了 |
[33:05] | All I want’s a shot. | 我要的就是一个机会 |
[33:08] | If I don’t get the money, I’m gonna lose my chance. | 如果弄不到钱 我就失去了机会 |
[33:12] | Maybe I can. | 也许我能 |
[33:46] | You’re not answering your phone? | 你没接我的电话 |
[33:48] | Lulu? | 璐璐 |
[33:50] | Someone else you were expecting? Well? | 你还在等别的人吗 啊 |
[33:54] | Baby, I got trouble. I got big trouble. | 宝贝 有麻烦了 我有大麻烦了 |
[35:24] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[35:25] | – Yeah. – Where have you been? | -是 -你去哪儿了 |
[35:27] | Seeing a side of Kansas City few men | 去看很少有人有特权能看的 |
[35:29] | have the privilege to see. | 堪萨斯市的另一面 |
[35:31] | – What happened to you? – I got sucked into a storm drain. | -你发生什么事了 -我被吸进了下水道 |
[35:34] | The more pressing question is, | 更迫切的问题是 |
[35:35] | what the hell happened to | 贝蒂·谭普顿和 璐璐·菲弗到底 |
[35:37] | Betty Templeton and Lulu Pfeiffer? | 发生过什么事 |
[35:38] | I don’t know, but I have been able | 我不知道 不过我 |
[35:40] | to locate the nature of their connection. | 找到了她们的联系的源头 |
[35:42] | Both women are nonfraternal siblings from the same father. | 她们俩是有同一父亲的非同胞双生姐妹 |
[35:47] | – You’ve located him? – Yeah. He’s here in the state pen. | -你找到他了 -对 他被关在州立监狱 |
[35:51] | When is all this yammering gonna stop? | 这些大喊大叫什么时候能停 |
[35:54] | And he’s given you insight? | 他给了你一些启发 |
[35:57] | Well, the biggest thing that I can figure out right now… | 我现在能想出的最大一件事就是… |
[35:59] | is he’s probably the angriest man in the world, Mulder. | 他大概是这世上火气最大的人了 穆德 |
[36:03] | Not as angry as those two women are gonna be | 肯定不会比那两姐妹发现 |
[36:05] | when they both realize they’re in love | 她们都爱上了 |
[36:06] | with the one and only Bert Zupanic | 仅此一个的伯特·祖潘尼克后更生气 |
[36:09] | – They’re both after him? – They’re both in love with him. | -她们都怎样 -她们都爱上了他 |
[36:11] | That’s why they’re both staying | 就是因为这个 |
[36:12] | in Kansas City and they won’t leave. | 她们才都要留在堪萨斯市不走的 |
[36:13] | Well, if they’re the reason, | 嗯 如果原因是这些 |
[36:15] | it doesn’t explain what’s happening, | 那也不能解释所有发生的事… |
[36:17] | what’s causing this phenomenon | 是什么引发这些现象 |
[36:19] | or how we’re gonna make it stop. | 该怎么让它停下 |
[36:20] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:21] | You’re the one who’s supposed to have all the answers. | 你应该是知道所有答案的人 |
[36:23] | Somebody’s got to get to that fight | 必须有人去赛场 |
[36:25] | and keep those two women apart, | 阻止那两个女的见面 |
[36:26] | or else this time the… is going to hit the fans. | 否则这一次影响到的… 将是摔角迷 |
[36:30] | Well, hi. | 哎 嗨 |
[36:36] | Mr. Zupanic? | 祖潘尼克先生 |
[37:02] | You said you’d have my money. | 你说带钱来了 |
[37:05] | I’ll have it. I swear I will. | 我会的 我发誓我会的 |
[37:07] | I’ll call off the damn fight, Titanic. | 我要取消这场该死的比赛 泰坦尼克 |
[37:10] | I’ll have these people cursing your very name! | 我会让观众们诅咒 你该死的名字 |
[37:12] | I’m telling you it’ll be here. | 我告诉你钱马上就到 |
[37:15] | Don’t worry. I promise. | 别担心 我保证 |
[37:17] | Bert! | 伯特 |
[37:21] | Bert, I got it. | 伯特 我弄到了 |
[37:31] | How about ya, buddy? | 你怎么样 伙计 |
[37:36] | Let’s get ready to rumble. | 准备好大战一场吧 |
[37:42] | Oh, baby, I knew you wouldn’t let me down. | 噢 宝贝 我知道你不会让我失望的 |
[37:45] | It’s you and me… all the way. | 为了你和我… 自始至终 |
[38:08] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[38:10] | get out your seats and on your feets… | 离开你的椅子 站起来… |
[38:13] | for our own hometown boy, | 欢迎我们家乡的坏小子… |
[38:21] | Zupanic! | 祖~潘尼克 |
[38:26] | – Go, Titanic! – Oh! Oh, yeah! | -上啊 泰坦尼克-哦 好 |
[38:30] | Let’s take him, baby! Let’s take him, baby! | 打扒下他 宝贝 打扒下他 宝贝 |
[39:38] | Betty Templeton. | 贝蒂·谭普顿 |
[39:41] | My name is Fox Mulder. I’m with the F.B.I. | 我叫福克斯·穆德 是调查局的 |
[39:43] | Can you come with me? | 你能跟我走一趟吗 |
[39:44] | I’m watching the fight! | 我正在看比赛 |
[39:47] | Don’t make me have to remove you, ma’am. | 不要逼我拖你走 女士 |
[39:52] | I can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[39:55] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[39:57] | What are you doing here? I’m Bert’s good luck. | 你在这里干什么 我是伯特的幸运符 |
[40:01] | – He’s mine! – Over my dead body! | -他是我的 -除非我死了 |
[40:09] | Stop it! Stop it! You’re going down, lady! | 放下 放下 你完蛋了 小姐 |
[40:13] | I’m gonna kick your butt from here till Tuesday! | 我要踹你的屁股 一直揣到星期二 |
[40:15] | Stick a fork in you! You’re done! Hi, baby. | 叉死你 你完了 嗨 宝贝 |
[40:21] | – Betty? – Bert, keep it up. I love you, baby! | -贝蒂 -伯特 继续保持 我爱你宝贝 |
[40:25] | – Bert, I got the money. – Lulu? | -伯特 我弄到钱了 -璐璐 |
[40:28] | Kick his butt, Bert. | 踢他的屁股 伯特 |
[40:38] | Lulu! | 璐璐 |
[40:40] | No! Bert! | 不 伯特 |
[41:15] | Oh, my. | 噢 天… |
[41:19] | Oh, my God! | 噢 我的老天 |
[41:31] | What? | 怎么了 |
[41:37] | Why… | 为什么… |
[42:14] | Fifty million anonymous donations | 全美国的精子银行 |
[42:16] | have been made to sperm banks across the U.S. | 有五千万个匿名捐赠者 |
[42:18] | Most have produced healthy offspring for single mothers… | 大多数都为单身母亲或生育困难的夫妇 |
[42:21] | or fertility-challenged couples while some of them have not. | 带来了健康的子女 但也有一部分失败了 |
[42:27] | Bert Zupanic and his nonfraternal biological sibling… | 伯特·祖潘尼克和他的非同胞双生血亲兄弟… |
[42:30] | both small-time bank robbers, part-time pro wrestlers, | 分别是三流的银行抢匪 和兼职的职业摔角选手… |
[42:34] | both with too many idiosyncratic behaviorisms to list… | 拥有着太多相同的特定行为习惯… |
[42:38] | stood a 27-million-to-one chance of ever meeting, | 双方能够见面的机会只有 2700万分之一 |
[42:41] | but they did. | 而他们却见到了 |
[42:44] | Damn, those are some odds. | 见鬼 瞎猫碰上死耗子了 |
[42:47] | Betty Templeton and Lulu Pfeiffer… | 贝蒂·谭普顿和璐璐·菲佛… |
[42:49] | products of different mothers but the same father, | 由同父异母所生 |
[42:51] | an angry drifter now doing time for counterfeiting… | 其父是个因伪造正在服刑的愤怒流浪汉 |
[42:54] | chanced to meet 12 years ago, | 两人自十二年前偶然相遇后 |
[42:56] | but couldn’t seem to avoid each other’s | 就再没能从双方不能自主的 |
[42:58] | compulsively identical mannerisms… | 完全相同的行为习惯中逃开… |
[43:01] | mannerisms attributable to their perpetually angry father. | 这种行为习惯来源于 她们那个终身愤怒的父亲 |
[43:06] | Hmm. What does it all mean? | 嗯 这一切的意义何在 |
[43:09] | I’ve been thinking hard about that, Mr. Saperstein. | 我也在努力地想 沙帕斯汀先生 |
[43:12] | I would like to say it has something to do | 我会说这和宇宙的平衡 |
[43:14] | with balance in the universe… | 有些关系… |
[43:15] | the attraction of opposites and the repulsion of equivalents. | 异性相吸 同性相斥 |
[43:19] | Or, that over time, | 或者是 随时间流逝 |
[43:21] | nature produces only so many originals… | 自然界孕育出太多原型… |
[43:22] | that when two original copies meet, | 而当原型的两个翻版相遇时 |
[43:25] | that the result is often unpredictable. | 结果通常是出乎意料之外的 |
[43:27] | If four should meet, the result is… | 如果有四个相遇了 结果将是… |
[43:31] | Well, suffice to say, | 嗯 这么说吧… |
[43:33] | it’s betterjust to avoid these encounters altogether… | 最好能够完全避免这种情况… |
[43:37] | and at all costs. | 不惜一切代价地 |
[43:41] | I think Agent Mulder would agree with me. | 我想穆德探员会同意我的 |
[43:43] | Uh-huh. | 是啊 |