时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | Good day, Dr. Sanjay. | 早上好 桑吉博士 |
[00:45] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[00:56] | Sanjay! | 桑吉 |
[00:57] | Oh. You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[00:59] | Rough weekend? | 周末过得很糟糕吗 |
[01:00] | A humdinger. | 非同寻常 |
[01:01] | Work or pleasure? | 工作还是娱乐 |
[01:03] | I haven’t known pleasure for quite some time. | 我已经很久不知道娱乐二字怎么写了 |
[01:15] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[01:18] | It’s nothing. | 我没事 |
[01:29] | The Founder looked at the data. | 奠基者看过了这些数据 |
[01:31] | He sent a message this morning. | 今早发来了消息 |
[01:32] | “Do over.” | “重做” |
[01:33] | That’s it? | 就这一句话吗 |
[01:34] | We spent months on those trials. | 我们努力了好几个月 |
[01:36] | We’ve tried every new source of pluripotent stem cells, | 尝试过每一种新的多功能干细胞 |
[01:38] | including samples from amniotic fluids. | 甚至包括羊水的样本 |
[01:40] | We need more than just pronouncements from above. | 我们需要的不是上级的通知 |
[01:42] | We need direction! | 我们需要指导 |
[01:44] | What about a meeting with the man? | 和他开个会如何 |
[01:45] | You want the Founder to tell you | 你想让奠基者面对面告诉你 |
[01:46] | how terrible your data is face-to-face? | 你的研究数据有多惨不忍睹吗 |
[01:49] | The guy is a recluse. | 那家伙是个隐士 |
[01:51] | No one here’s even seen him for years. | 在座的人都好几年没见过他了 |
[01:52] | For all we know, he didn’t even read the stuff. | 他很可能根本就没看这些结果 |
[01:55] | I can assure you | 我向你们保证 |
[01:56] | that Augustus Goldman is fully engaged. | 奥古斯都·戈德曼先生对这项研究非常关注 |
[02:01] | But the Founder has other interests that keep him occupied. | 但奠基者也有其它事情要忙 |
[02:11] | Yeah, what about that? | 是啊 说到这个 |
[02:12] | Doesn’t that creep you out, | 你们不觉得 |
[02:14] | that he’s referred to as “The Founder”? | 把他称为”奠基者” 有点吓人吗 |
[02:35] | Do it. | 去做 |
[02:36] | Now. | 立刻 |
[02:37] | It’s necessary. | 必须做 |
[02:38] | Data is the key. | 数据是关键 |
[02:40] | Don’t hesitate. | 别再犹豫 |
[02:41] | Go. Go now. | 去做 立刻 |
[02:43] | Go! | 快去 |
[02:44] | No… no! | 不 不 |
[02:50] | Can’t anyone hear that? | 你们都听不到吗 |
[02:56] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:58] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[03:09] | Do it. | 去做 |
[03:09] | Now. | 立刻 |
[03:10] | Data is the key. | 数据是关键 |
[03:16] | Sanjay! Sanjay! | 桑吉 桑吉 |
[03:19] | Sanjay, come on! Open up! | 桑吉 把门打开 |
[03:23] | Open the door, Sanjay! | 把门打开 桑吉 |
[03:24] | Sanjay! | 桑吉 |
[03:26] | Sanjay, open the door! | 桑吉 快开门 |
[03:28] | It’s not opening! Open the door! Sanjay! | 门打不开 快开门 桑吉 |
[03:29] | Something’s wrong with the system! | 系统出问题了 |
[03:32] | Sanjay, open the door! | 桑吉 快开门 |
[04:01] | Sanjay? Sanjay! | 桑吉 桑吉 |
[04:55] | What do you make of this, Scully? | 你怎么看 史考莉 |
[04:56] | Well, it seems that Dr. Sanjay | 看起来是桑吉博士 |
[04:58] | had a psychotic break and committed suicide. | 精神崩溃然后自杀身亡 |
[05:00] | Note the letter opener sticking out of his head. | 你看他头上的拆信刀 |
[05:02] | Noted. | 看到了 |
[05:04] | All the witnesses I spoke to have consistent accounts. | 所有目击者的说法都一致 |
[05:07] | I mean the room. | 我是说这个房间 |
[05:09] | He chose the most secured place in the building to kill himself. | 他选择在这栋大楼里安保最严密的地方自杀 |
[05:11] | He was trying to access something. | 他想要查看什么数据 |
[05:12] | These are isolated servers, | 这些服务器与外网隔离 |
[05:14] | so the only way to get to the data | 要想访问上面的数据 |
[05:16] | is through this terminal which is also protected. | 只能通过这台安保严密的终端 |
[05:19] | Is that why we’re here? | 这就是我们来的原因吗 |
[05:21] | You’re interested in the server? | 你对这些服务器感兴趣 |
[05:23] | What are you looking for, Mulder? | 你在找什么 穆德 |
[05:26] | Unhand the hard drive, sir. | 请把硬盘放下 先生 |
[05:28] | This is evidence. | 这是证据 |
[05:29] | It’s classified. | 这是机密 |
[05:31] | The reason why we’re investigating, | 这案子由我们来调查 |
[05:32] | rather than the local police | 而不是由地方警察调查 |
[05:33] | is because we have security clearance. | 就是因为我们有安全许可 |
[05:35] | To be in the room. | 进这屋子的许可 |
[05:36] | Not to look inside this. | 你们还是不能看这上面的东西 |
[05:37] | That is property Department of Defense. | 这属于国防部资产 |
[05:40] | We need to conduct a few more interviews, then, | 那么在结束调查之前 |
[05:42] | before we conclude our investigation. | 我们还想再和几个人面谈一下 |
[05:43] | The individuals pertinent to this incident | 你的同事已经询问过 |
[05:45] | have already been interviewed by your colleague. | 所有事发时在场的人员了 |
[05:47] | We’d like to talk to Augustus Goldman. | 我们想找奥古斯都·戈德曼谈谈 |
[05:49] | That’s impossible. Dr. Goldman was not even on campus | 不可能 事发时戈德曼博士 |
[05:52] | when this happened. | 根本不在公司 |
[05:53] | Well, if you won’t let me look at the drive, | 如果你不许我查看硬盘内容 |
[05:54] | then I have to talk to Goldman | 那我就只有找戈德曼 |
[05:55] | about what the deceased was trying to access before he died. | 了解死者临死前想要查看什么数据 |
[05:58] | I’m not authorized to confirm | 恕我无权透露 |
[05:59] | that I have knowledge of the whereabouts of the Founder. | 奠基者的行踪 |
[06:02] | Can you confirm that you have security cameras | 那你是否能透露 |
[06:04] | watching over the entire complex? | 整栋大楼的安保监控情况 |
[06:08] | There’s that one, | 那边有一个摄像头 |
[06:09] | – and I saw a few more out there. – Yes. | -我在外面也看到了几个 -是的 |
[06:11] | In that case, I’d like to see all of the tapes. | 这样的话 我需要查看所有的监控录像 |
[06:13] | As soon as possible. | 尽快 |
[06:15] | All right. I’ll have those sent over. | 好 我让人给你们送过去 |
[06:17] | But for now, remove this body | 但现在 请把尸体移走 |
[06:18] | so we can secure this room. | 我们要封锁这里 |
[06:19] | Sorry, we’re not finished– | 抱歉 我们还没有完成调查 |
[06:20] | Oh, we are finished. | 我们已经完成了 |
[06:22] | We are finished. | 已经完成了 |
[06:33] | Mulder, that’s not your phone. | 穆德 这不是你的手机 |
[06:34] | You know me, Scully. | 你了解我 史考莉 |
[06:35] | I’m old-school. | 我习惯用老方法办案 |
[06:37] | Riley vs. California. | 莱利起诉加州一案 |
[06:39] | The Supreme Court ruled that you needed a warrant | 最高法院裁定警方需要有搜查证 |
[06:41] | to search a mobile phone. | 才能搜查他人手机 |
[06:42] | That’s for a suspect. Sanjay’s the victim. | 那只适用于嫌犯的手机 桑吉是受害人 |
[06:44] | Well, there is no victim. He killed himself. | 根本不存在受害人 他是自杀 |
[06:46] | Well, then, I’m sure he won’t mind | 那我肯定他不会介意 |
[06:47] | me talking to some of his friends. | 我去找他的朋友谈谈了 |
[06:52] | Here’s someone he talked to every night. | 他每晚都找这个人聊天 |
[06:53] | “Gupta.” | “古普塔” |
[06:55] | Dr. Sanjay is from western India. | 桑吉博士来自印度西部 |
[06:57] | Gupta’s a Marathi word. | 古普塔是马拉地语 |
[06:58] | It means “Secret.” | 意思是”秘密” |
[07:00] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[07:01] | I’m old-school, Mulder. | 我也习惯用老方法 穆德 |
[07:03] | Pre-Google. | 比谷歌还老 |
[07:04] | 华盛顿特区 角落口袋酒吧 | |
[07:12] | Gupta? | 古普塔 |
[07:14] | Thanks for meeting me. My name is… | 感谢你来见我 我叫… |
[07:15] | No… no names, please. | 别 别说名字 |
[07:21] | You’re Sonny’s friend? | 你是桑尼的朋友 |
[07:30] | Is that guy bothering you? | 那家伙让你不自在吗 |
[07:32] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[07:34] | What… do you… want? | 你想要什么 |
[07:36] | I want to talk. | 我要和你谈谈 |
[07:37] | Can we go somewhere more private? | 我们能去个隐蔽点的地方吗 |
[07:39] | I don’t… know you well enough. | 我还不太了解你 |
[07:41] | I’m safe. You can trust me. | 我很安全 你可以相信我 |
[07:48] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[08:01] | Oh, whoa, whoa, no. | 等等 不是的 |
[08:03] | Well, you said you wanted to “talk.” | 你说你想”谈谈” |
[08:05] | Yes. I-I don’t think that means | 是 可我说的意思 |
[08:07] | exactly what you think it means. | 恐怕不是你想的那个意思 |
[08:09] | Or… or I’m not… | 或者…我不是… |
[08:11] | You guys are all alike, you know? | 你们这些人都一个样 知道吗 |
[08:12] | You say you want to walk on the wild side, | 你们说想尝试狂野一把 |
[08:13] | but when it comes down to it… | 可每当到了狂野边缘 |
[08:15] | you’re repressed. | 你们就退缩了 |
[08:16] | I finally let go of all that, | 我终于彻底放开 |
[08:18] | that self-loathing and that judgment | 不再厌恶自己 不再管别人的评价 |
[08:19] | and I’m free. | 这才真正感到了自由 |
[08:20] | Stop tormenting yourself. | 别再折磨自己了 |
[08:23] | The truth is in here. | 真相就在你心中 |
[08:27] | Yeah, I’ve-I’ve heard something like that. | 是啊 我听过类似的话 |
[08:29] | Hey, listen, I-I-I gotta tell you… | 听着 我得告诉你 |
[08:33] | Sanjay is dead. | 桑吉死了 |
[08:37] | 华盛顿特区 联邦调查局验尸间 | |
[08:42] | Deceased is a male, | 死者为男性 |
[08:44] | 35 years old, | 35岁 |
[08:46] | five-foot-eight and three-quarters inches, | 身高一米七五 |
[08:49] | 180 pounds. | 体重82公斤 |
[08:53] | The probable cause of death | 初步推测死因为 |
[08:54] | is the introduction– self-propelled– | 死者自己将一把拆信刀 |
[08:57] | of a letter opener into the cerebral cortex | 从耳道推入 |
[09:02] | by way of the ear canal. | 大脑皮层 |
[09:10] | I will now commence with my overall external examination. | 我现在开始进行尸体外表检验 |
[09:24] | The last couple of weeks, he was… | 最近几星期 他… |
[09:27] | he was distant. | 他疏远了我 |
[09:28] | He was… he was troubled. | 他有烦恼 |
[09:31] | I… I thought it was me, you know? | 我还以为是我的缘故 |
[09:34] | We hadn’t gotten together for a while. | 我们有一段时间没见面了 |
[09:36] | I mean, he’d call me every night, | 他每晚都给我打电话 |
[09:38] | but nothing… physical. | 但没有…肉体接触 |
[09:41] | Did he talk to you about his problems? About work? | 他和你说过他的烦恼吗 工作上的 |
[09:43] | Yeah. | 说过 |
[09:45] | Yeah, he said he was upset about his kids. | 他说他担心他的孩子们 |
[09:49] | He said they were dying. | 他说他们快死了 |
[09:51] | His kids? | 他的孩子们 |
[09:52] | He was single. | 他是单身 |
[09:53] | I didn’t push it. | 我没多问 |
[09:54] | I just tried to make him feel better. | 我只是努力让他感觉好一点 |
[09:57] | Well, I saw where he lived. | 我去看过他住的地方 |
[09:59] | There was nothing there. He lived an antiseptic life. | 那里空无一物 他的生活非常简单 |
[10:03] | He lived two lives. | 他有双重生活 |
[10:06] | In two separate places. | 在两个不同的地方 |
[10:09] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[10:12] | Yeah. | 是我 |
[10:13] | Mulder, you gotta see this. | 穆德 你得看看这个 |
[10:16] | I had to break his fingers to pry them open. | 我必须折断手指才能把他的手掰开 |
[10:19] | But he wrote that | 他临死前 |
[10:21] | on the palm of his hand before he died. | 在手心里写下了这条信息 |
[10:24] | “Founder’s Mutation.” | “奠基者突变” |
[10:26] | The Founder is what they called Dr. Goldman at Nugenics. | 纽金基因公司的人都称戈德曼博士为奠基者 |
[10:30] | Is that why you wanted to talk to him? | 这就是你想和他谈的原因吗 |
[10:31] | I don’t think that’s the mutation | 我觉得桑吉指的 |
[10:32] | Sanjay was referring to. | 不是那个基因突变 |
[10:34] | Did you find anything else on the autopsy? | 你在尸检中还发现别的什么了吗 |
[10:37] | Well, there were no abnormalities in Dr. Sanjay’s brain. | 桑吉博士的大脑没有异常 |
[10:40] | The opener destroyed the acoustic nerve | 拆信刀刺断了位听神经 |
[10:42] | and then went into the cerebral cortex. | 然后直插进大脑皮层 |
[10:44] | It’s weird, because the opener goes in at 90 degrees | 奇怪的是 刀是垂直插入的 |
[10:46] | and then it veers off at 60 degrees | 然后向上转了六十度 |
[10:48] | up into his brain, like he was | 进入大脑 就好像他 |
[10:50] | hunting for something. | 想专门刺中什么东西 |
[10:51] | Yeah. It ended up in the auditory cortex. | 对 最后插进了听觉皮层 |
[10:55] | You know… he blurted something out | 他在自杀前曾在会议上 |
[10:58] | at the meeting, before his suicide. | 突然说了些什么 |
[11:00] | He said, “Can’t anyone hear that?” | 他说 “你们都听不到吗” |
[11:03] | But nobody else could hear a thing. | 但其他人没听到声音 |
[11:06] | Well, ultimately, hearing is just nerve impulses | 听觉本质上是大脑 |
[11:08] | interpreted by the brain. | 对神经脉冲进行的解读 |
[11:09] | What if those same impulses could be generated | 如果不震动鼓膜 |
[11:11] | without actual vibrations striking the ear drum? | 也可以产生同样的神经脉冲呢 |
[11:14] | Well, anyway, | 无论如何 |
[11:16] | if he left a note on his hand, | 如果他在手上留了言 |
[11:18] | maybe he left other clues. | 那也许他还留下了其它线索 |
[11:20] | But where? | 但是在哪儿呢 |
[11:20] | We’ve checked out every square inch of his apartment. | 我们已经把他的公寓翻了个遍 |
[11:23] | Well, he leased a place that only Gupta knew about. | 他租了个只有古普塔知道的地方 |
[11:26] | I think we should go to where he actually lived. | 我觉得我们应该去他真正的住处看看 |
[11:38] | It’s hard to imagine, in 2016, | 真难以想象 都2016年了 |
[11:40] | that Sanjay had to keep his lifestyle preferences a secret. | 桑吉还得对自己的性取向保密 |
[11:43] | Being gay wasn’t his only secret. | 但同性恋不是他唯一的秘密 |
[12:14] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[12:15] | I found something. | 我找到些东西 |
[12:26] | His kids. | 他的孩子们 |
[12:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[12:29] | Sanjay was afraid they were dying. | 桑吉担心他们快要死了 |
[12:31] | These kids, they look so young. | 这些孩子看上都很小 |
[12:34] | None of them look older than ten. | 没有一个超过十岁的 |
[12:36] | Look at the backgrounds. | 看看背景 |
[12:38] | It’s a clinical setting. | 是病房的墙壁 |
[12:39] | It looks like it might be a hospital. | 看上去像是在一间医院里 |
[12:46] | The police are coming up. | 警察来了 |
[12:48] | We must have triggered a silent alarm. | 我们一定触发了什么无声警报 |
[12:49] | All right, look around– | 好 四处查看一下 |
[12:50] | he’s bound to have kept some information on them somewhere. | 这里一定有什么线索 |
[13:01] | Mulder? | 穆德 |
[13:04] | Mulder, are you okay? | 穆德 你没事吧 |
[13:07] | They’re coming. | 他们上来了 |
[13:08] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[13:09] | Police officer! | 警察 |
[13:13] | Lady, put your hands where I can see ’em! | 女士 把手放在我能看到的地方 |
[13:14] | FBI. | 我们是联调局的 |
[13:32] | Find her. | 找到她 |
[13:35] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[13:37] | Find her. | 找到她 |
[13:38] | Find her… Find her… Find her… | 找到她 找到她 找到她 |
[13:49] | Do you have anything to add to this, Agent Scully? | 有什么要补充的吗 史考莉探员 |
[13:51] | If you look at the files | 如果您看看我们在桑吉博士公寓里 |
[13:52] | that we found in Dr. Sanjay’s apartment… | 发现的那些文件 |
[13:54] | No, I can’t look at those. | 不 我无权查看 |
[13:56] | They’re right over there. | 它们就在那里 |
[14:01] | These files are classified. | 这些文件是机密 |
[14:04] | They’re the property of the Department of Defense. | 它们属于国防部资产 |
[14:06] | Well, I’ve had a look at them. | 我看过了 |
[14:07] | Those files are the medical records | 这些文件是医疗档案 |
[14:09] | of children with grave genetic abnormalities. | 严重遗传畸形儿童的病历 |
[14:11] | How those children relate to Dr. Sanjay’s suicide | 这些孩子与桑吉博士的自杀有什么关联 |
[14:13] | is the object of our investigation. | 正是我们要调查的 |
[14:16] | Well, considering the fact that you just lost access to those files, | 你现在已经无权查看这些档案了 |
[14:18] | your investigation is closed. | 所以这案子结了 |
[14:21] | I’ll submit the report on the suicide to the proper authorities. | 我会向有关部门通告这起自杀案的调查结果 |
[14:23] | We’re done here. | 就这样吧 |
[14:24] | Let me remind you, agents Mulder and Scully, | 我提醒你们 穆德探员 史考莉探员 |
[14:27] | dissemination of any classified material, | 传播机密文件 |
[14:29] | either internally or publically, | 无论是在内部流通还是对外公布 |
[14:31] | will be dealt with harshly. | 都将受到严厉处分 |
[14:34] | I’m familiar with Edward Snowden. | 我清楚爱德华·斯诺登的遭遇 |
[14:43] | I assume you made copies. | 我猜你一定复印了几份 |
[14:45] | I managed some top sheets before the DoD took over. | 我赶在国防部到场前看了几份 |
[14:48] | I think those children are failed experiments. | 我认为那些孩子是实验失败的产物 |
[14:50] | So you suspect the Department of Defense is experimenting | 你怀疑国防部 |
[14:53] | with genetic modification on humans? | 在进行人体基因改造实验吗 |
[14:57] | What do you think? | 你怎么认为 |
[14:59] | I think there were many troubling details to this case, | 我认为这案子有很多疑点 |
[15:02] | and, um… | 还有 |
[15:05] | if Agent Mulder has nothing more to add… | 如果穆德探员没有别的要补充的 |
[15:07] | I don’t. | 没有 |
[15:08] | …then I think we need time to prove his theory. | 那么我们还需要时间来验证他的理论 |
[15:11] | The bureaucracy in the FBI | 联调局的官僚程序 |
[15:12] | has become increasingly complex and inefficient. | 越来越繁琐低效了 |
[15:15] | It might take days for your incident report | 从上报你们的事件调查报告 |
[15:17] | and order to close the investigation | 到结案令下发 |
[15:19] | to make it through the proper channels. | 可能得花上好几天 |
[15:20] | Welcome back, you two. | 欢迎回来 两位 |
[15:30] | Surveillance footage? | 监控录像 |
[15:31] | Yeah, from Nugenics. | 纽金基因公司的 |
[15:33] | I’ve been working on syncing all the cameras | 我把所有的录像都调到 |
[15:35] | to the exact time code of Dr. Sanjay’s suicide. | 桑吉博士自杀的那一刻 |
[15:39] | There. | 给 |
[15:43] | What happened to you at Sanjay’s apartment, Mulder? | 之前你在桑吉的公寓里是怎么了 穆德 |
[15:48] | I can understand why you wouldn’t want to tell Skinner, | 我理解你不想告诉斯金纳 |
[15:50] | but I was there, I saw you on your knees in pain. | 但当时我也在场 我看见你痛苦地跪倒在地 |
[15:56] | I heard sounds. | 我听到一种声音 |
[15:58] | It was a high-pitched frequency, | 一种尖锐刺耳的声音 |
[16:00] | like-like a steel spike being driven through my head. | 就好像钢钉钻进我脑袋里一样 |
[16:04] | And then it focused into two words: | 然后那声音聚焦成三个字 |
[16:08] | “Find her.” | “找到她” |
[16:09] | There were no sounds. | 没有声音啊 |
[16:12] | I didn’t hear anything. | 我什么也没听到 |
[16:19] | Look at those birds. | 你看那些鸟 |
[16:20] | Maybe they seeded the lawn that morning. | 也许当天早上草坪上播了种 |
[16:22] | Infrasounds, Scully. | 是次声波 史考莉 |
[16:25] | Vibrations inaudible to the human ear | 人耳听不到 |
[16:27] | but known to drive the worms up through the soil | 但却能逼得虫子钻出土地 |
[16:29] | to the surface, in response to them. | 因为它们感受得到 |
[16:31] | Mulder, how are these connected? | 穆德 这些事之间到底有什么联系 |
[16:32] | The birds, the suicide, the kids, the genetic anomalies. | 鸟 自杀案 孩子 遗传畸形 |
[16:37] | What are you hiding? | 你有什么事没和我说 |
[16:38] | Augustus Goldman is the only one | 只有奥古斯都·戈德曼可能知道 |
[16:39] | who might know how it all fits together. | 这一切是怎么联系在一起的 |
[16:41] | We gotta talk to him. | 我们得找他谈谈 |
[16:44] | What are you hiding? | 你又有什么事没和我说 |
[16:49] | Sanjay heard sounds… | 桑吉也听到了声音 |
[16:52] | right before he committed suicide. | 就在他自杀前 |
[16:56] | That could be you, Mulder. | 你也可能变成这样 穆德 |
[17:00] | This is dangerous. | 这太危险了 |
[17:03] | When has that ever stopped us before? | 我们什么时候知难而退过 |
[17:08] | I might know how to get to Goldman. | 我知道怎么联系上戈德曼 |
[17:17] | Augustus. | 奥古斯都 |
[17:18] | Yes, I know him well, | 是的 我跟他很熟 |
[17:20] | but he’s a very private person. | 不过他是个非常注重隐私的人 |
[17:22] | Some would say reclusive. | 甚至称得上是个隐士 |
[17:24] | Without him, we wouldn’t have the resources | 如果没有他 我们就不会有足够的资源 |
[17:26] | to help these women in need. | 帮助那些需要帮助的女人 |
[17:28] | He’s a true champion of the unborn. | 他真是胎儿的福星 |
[17:30] | Dr. Goldman is a blessing. | 戈德曼博士是个了不起的人 |
[17:33] | That’s why we’re here today. | 所以我们才来打扰 |
[17:35] | I’ve become aware of a situation that I wanted to share with you. | 我了解到一件事 我觉得应该通知您 |
[17:40] | Dr. Goldman is under investigation. | 戈德曼博士正遭到调查 |
[17:42] | Obama care. | 奥巴马医改 |
[17:44] | We wanted to spare him the indignity | 为了让他免于遭受 |
[17:46] | of having the government knock at his door unannounced. | 政府突袭调查的羞辱 |
[17:50] | I was wondering if we could meet with him in private. | 不知我们可否和他单独面谈 |
[17:54] | Dana, I’m afraid Our Lady of Sorrows cannot be a conduit | 黛娜 恐怕七苦圣母医院不能成为 |
[17:58] | for the FBI to one of our biggest donors. | 联调局调查我们头号赞助人的渠道 |
[18:00] | Sister Mary, I’ve worked here for seven years. | 玛丽修女 我在这里工作了七年 |
[18:04] | You know me. | 您是了解我的 |
[18:05] | Yes, and I know your heart’s in the right place. | 是的 我也知道你很正派 |
[18:09] | I wouldn’t ask if it weren’t important. | 除非迫不得已我是不会求您的 |
[18:12] | I have a number I can call. | 我可以打个电话 |
[18:13] | I’ll agree to relay a message. | 帮你带个口信 |
[18:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:18] | Ask Dr. Goldman if he’ll talk to us about | 问问戈德曼博士他是否愿意谈谈 |
[18:20] | the Founder’s Mutation. | 奠基者突变的事 |
[18:24] | Stay here. | 请在这里等一下 |
[18:34] | I got to get out of here. | 我得离开这里 |
[18:36] | – What’s your name? – Agnes. | -你叫什么 -安格斯 |
[18:38] | You got a car? | 你们有车吗 |
[18:39] | Do you want to call someone? | 你想给谁打电话吗 |
[18:40] | You think if I could call someone I would be asking you? | 要是有人能打电话我还会求你们吗 |
[18:42] | Just forget it. I knew you weren’t gonna help me. | 算了 我知道你们不会帮我 |
[18:44] | Agnes. | 安格斯 |
[18:45] | Wait. | 等等 |
[18:47] | I’m a doctor. | 我是医生 |
[18:48] | You can tell me anything. | 你什么都可以跟我说 |
[18:50] | I don’t belong here. | 我不该在这儿 |
[18:52] | Not with these sheep. | 不该跟这些绵羊在一起 |
[18:53] | I don’t care what I signed. | 我不管我签了什么 |
[18:54] | The hospital is only concerned with the health | 医院只关心母亲和孩子的 |
[18:56] | of the mother and the baby. | 身体健康 |
[18:58] | My baby. | 我的孩子 |
[18:59] | Of course, your baby. | 当然 是你的孩子 |
[19:02] | I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[19:04] | I’m not giving it up. | 我不想把我的孩子送人了 |
[19:05] | I don’t care if he’s sick. | 我不在乎他是不是有问题 |
[19:06] | Sick? | 有问题 |
[19:09] | My baby’s not right. | 他不正常 |
[19:11] | They saw it on the… ultrasound thing, | 他们在…什么超声波上看了他 |
[19:14] | and I had a feeling, you know, | 而且我之前就有预感 |
[19:18] | ever since I got pregnant. | 从我怀孕起就有 |
[19:19] | But everybody here has the same story. | 这里所有人都是一样的经历 |
[19:24] | Just don’t say anything. | 什么都不要说 |
[19:25] | I was just kidding around, okay? | 我只是在开玩笑 好吗 |
[19:27] | If you ever want to talk. | 如果你还想说什么 |
[19:32] | I’ve spoken to Augustus. | 我跟奥古斯都聊过了 |
[19:35] | He said he’d be happy to meet you. | 他说很乐意见你们 |
[19:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:38] | Sister Mary, how are the patients chosen to be here? | 玛丽修女 这里的患者都为什么会来这里呢 |
[19:41] | They’re homeless, damaged in one way or another. | 她们都无家可归 多少都有些问题 |
[19:44] | Alcohol, drugs, no fathers in the picture. | 酗酒 毒品 孩子的父亲不愿承担责任 |
[19:47] | Men and their lies. | 男人和他们的谎言啊 |
[19:49] | No offense. | 无意冒犯 |
[19:50] | Desire is the devil’s pitchfork. | 欲望是魔鬼的利器 |
[19:54] | But as long as there’s a need and an innocent child, | 但只要有无辜的孩子需要帮助 |
[19:57] | we’ll provide for each and every one. | 我们就会在这里为他们每个人提供帮助 |
[20:00] | It’s insidious, Scully. | 这太阴险了 史考莉 |
[20:02] | A ward for pregnant women paid for by Augustus Goldman, | 奥古斯都·戈德曼出资建立孕妇避难所 |
[20:05] | the Founder of a company with deep ties | 而他作为奠基者的公司 |
[20:07] | to the Department of Defense. | 又与国防部牵扯极深 |
[20:09] | This could be another phase of the project– | 这很可能是他们人种改良项目 |
[20:11] | their experiments in eugenics. | 实验的另一个阶段 |
[20:12] | Those women in there… could be incubators. | 那里那些女性 可能是他们的婴儿培育器 |
[20:15] | Mulder… | 穆德 |
[20:18] | I’m not a fragile little girl. | 我不是脆弱的小女生 |
[20:20] | Scully… | 史考莉 |
[20:20] | This is what you suspected all along, | 这就是你一直怀疑 |
[20:22] | but were afraid to articulate. | 却又害怕说出来的吗 |
[20:25] | Is this what you believe happened to me 15 years ago? | 你认为15年前我也是这样吗 |
[20:29] | When I got pregnant, when I had my baby? | 我怀孕 生下孩子时 |
[20:34] | Was I just an incubator? | 我也只是个婴儿培育器吗 |
[20:37] | You’re never “Just” anything to me, Scully. | 你在我眼里从来不”只”是什么 史考莉 |
[20:42] | Do you ever think about William? | 你想念过威廉姆吗 |
[20:44] | Yes, of course I do, | 当然 我当然想念过 |
[20:46] | but I’ve… I feel like I’ve had to put that behind me. | 但我…觉得我必须放下那件事 |
[20:51] | He’d be 15 years old now. | 他现在应该有15岁了 |
[20:54] | And I’ve missed every single year of his life. | 而我错过了他生命中的每一年 |
[20:57] | And sometimes… I hate myself | 有时 我恨我自己 |
[21:01] | that I didn’t have the courage to stand by him. | 缺乏守护他的勇气 |
[21:03] | You did what you did to keep him safe. | 你那样做是为了保护他的安全 |
[21:06] | His adoption is secret, his location is unknown | 把他匿名送养 没人知道他在哪 |
[21:08] | because you had to protect him. | 因为你得保护他 |
[21:13] | Do you believe he was an experiment? | 你觉得他是个实验品吗 |
[21:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:19] | What if he’s out there somewhere, | 如果他在某个地方 |
[21:21] | like one of those kids on Sanjay’s wall, | 和桑吉墙上照片里的那些孩子们一样 |
[21:25] | fighting for his life? | 在生死边缘挣扎 那可怎么办 |
[21:27] | All we can do, Scully, | 我们现在唯一能做的 史考莉 |
[21:28] | is pull the thread, see what it unravels. | 就是顺着线索查下去 看能发现什么 |
[21:39] | It’s the first day of school. | 开学第一天 |
[21:41] | Are you nervous? | 你紧张吗 |
[21:43] | Your hands are sweaty. | 你的手心都冒汗了 |
[21:46] | Ew! That’s you. | 明明是你的手出汗了 |
[21:49] | What’s the most important thing to remember? | 要记住的最重要的是什么 |
[21:52] | Sit still, listen, say “Excuse me” if you fart. | 安静坐好 听课 放屁了要说”对不起” |
[21:57] | The most important thing to remember | 最重要的是 |
[22:00] | is that I love you. | 记住我爱你 |
[22:01] | That’s all you have to remember. | 这是你唯一要记住的事 |
[22:05] | Come on, let’s go say hi to your teacher. | 走吧 去跟你的老师打个招呼 |
[22:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:24] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[22:25] | Bye, Mom. | 再见 妈妈 |
[22:26] | Be home in time for dinner! | 按时回家吃晚饭 |
[22:49] | Will… | 威尔 |
[22:51] | I’m scared. | 我好害怕 |
[22:51] | You’re gonna be fine. You’ve just broken your arm. | 没事 只是手臂骨折了而已 |
[22:55] | Does it hurt anywhere else? | 还有别的地方疼吗 |
[22:57] | Okay, we’re gonna get you to the hospital, | 好的 我们马上送你去医院 |
[22:59] | and take some X-rays to make sure | 照个X光 |
[23:00] | you don’t have a concussion, okay, honey? | 确保你没有脑震荡 宝贝别怕 |
[23:02] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[23:07] | Mom, please! | 妈妈 快来 |
[23:11] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[23:19] | What’s happening to me? | 我这是怎么了 |
[23:53] | “Founder’s Mutation.” | “奠基者突变” |
[23:56] | Intriguing message. | 这留言真有趣 |
[23:57] | It’s what Sanjay wrote on his hand. | 这是桑吉写在手上的留言 |
[23:59] | Yes, before his unfortunate act of self-destruction. | 就在他不幸自杀前 |
[24:02] | Very dramatic, but meaningless. | 很具戏剧性 但毫无意义 |
[24:05] | I’ve read everything you published, Dr. Goldman. | 我拜读过你发表的所有文献 戈德曼博士 |
[24:07] | It seems your research deals primarily | 看来你的研究方向 |
[24:09] | with genetic manipulation. | 集中在基因操纵领域 |
[24:13] | Let me try to explain to you what we do here. | 我给你们解释一下我们的研究吧 |
[24:15] | It’s no secret. | 反正也不是什么秘密 |
[24:17] | We’re trying to save children. | 我们在尽力拯救儿童 |
[24:22] | I won’t tell you their last names, | 为保护他们的隐私 |
[24:23] | to protect their privacy, | 我不会透露他们的姓氏 |
[24:26] | but I can tell you what they are fighting against: | 但我可以透露他们的病症 |
[24:29] | Proteus syndrome… | 变形综合征 |
[24:31] | Crouzon syndrome… | 克鲁宗综合征 |
[24:33] | all kinds of cancerous tumors… | 还有各类的癌性肿瘤 |
[24:36] | Epidermal displasia… | 外胚层增生不良症 |
[24:38] | Pitt-Hawkins syndrome, | 皮特霍金综合征 |
[24:40] | Ichthyosis, Marfan syndrome, | 鱼鳞病 马方综合征 |
[24:43] | among others. | 以及其它的罕见疾病 |
[24:45] | We are a cutting-edge research facility | 我们是致力于帮助这些不幸儿童的 |
[24:47] | for these unfortunate patients. | 顶级研究机构 |
[24:49] | There’s absolutely no cost involved to be treated here. | 在此接受治疗不需要付任何费用 |
[24:52] | Would you like to talk to him? | 你们想和他聊聊吗 |
[24:55] | Sure. | 当然 |
[24:57] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[24:59] | You have a visitor. | 有人来看你了 |
[25:07] | Hi, Adam. | 亚当 你好 |
[25:10] | My name is Dr. Scully. | 我是史考莉医生 |
[25:13] | How long have you been here, Adam? | 你来这里多久了 亚当 |
[25:17] | Forever. | 一直都在 |
[25:19] | And where are your parents? | 你的父母在哪里 |
[25:21] | I don’t have any. | 我没有父母 |
[25:22] | He was sent to us as a baby. | 他在婴儿时期就被送来了 |
[25:24] | Adam has a form of Crouzon syndrome. | 亚当患有克鲁宗综合征 |
[25:29] | And why is he in a sealed room? | 为什么把他关进密封的房间 |
[25:31] | All of the children. | 还有其他孩子 |
[25:32] | He has a genetic disorder. | 他患有遗传性疾病 |
[25:34] | He’s not contagious. | 又不会传染 |
[25:37] | Thank you, Adam. | 谢谢你 亚当 |
[25:40] | We are working with therapies unavailable anywhere in the world. | 我们正在研究的疗法非常独特 |
[25:43] | We need to eliminate the environmental factors | 必须剔除外在环境因素 |
[25:44] | that could affect the outcome. | 对结果的影响 |
[25:47] | I am searching for the key that was the seed | 我一直致力于寻找 |
[25:50] | to all of these terrible genetic abnormalities. | 导致所有这些恶性基因变异的总根源 |
[25:53] | Alien DNA? | 外星基因 |
[25:55] | Is that why the Department of Defense is funding your research? | 所以国防部才会资助你们的研究 对吗 |
[25:58] | Dr. Scully, | 史考莉医生 |
[26:00] | I was told that you were the rational one. | 我还以为你是个理性的人 |
[26:03] | No! Let go! | 不 放开我 |
[26:04] | – Molly! Oop! – Let go of me! | -莫莉 -放开我 |
[26:07] | No! No! No! | 不不不 |
[26:09] | – No! No! – I’m afraid that that is all the time that I have. | -不不 -恐怕我没时间继续介绍了 |
[26:11] | Sarah will show you out. | 莎拉会送两位出去 |
[26:13] | This way, please. | 这边请 |
[26:14] | He didn’t answer my question. | 他没有回答我的问题 |
[26:18] | – Let go of me! – Molly! Molly! | -放开我 -莫莉 莫莉 |
[26:19] | No! No! No! No! | 不不不 |
[26:23] | Did you see that, Mulder? | 你看见了吗 穆德 |
[26:25] | Interesting. | 真有趣 |
[26:31] | Something’s happened to Agnes. | 安格斯出事了 |
[26:35] | We found the victim with your card in her pocket. | 我们在受害者口袋里发现了你的名片 |
[26:38] | Hit and run– car was moving pretty fast. | 肇事逃逸 车速很快 |
[26:40] | Skid marks from back there | 刹车划痕从那里开始 |
[26:41] | up to the point of impact. | 一直到撞击点 |
[26:43] | We’re checking cameras in the area. | 我们在核查周围的监控录像 |
[26:46] | No witnesses. | 没有目击证人 |
[26:47] | What about the baby? | 她的孩子呢 |
[26:49] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[26:51] | She was pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[26:54] | The baby’s gone. | 孩子不见了 |
[27:06] | Mulder… | 穆德 |
[27:08] | Agnes died from blunt force trauma. | 安格斯死于钝力创伤 |
[27:10] | Most likely from the impact of the car. | 很可能是车辆撞击所致 |
[27:13] | Her right ulna was broken in two places, | 她的右尺骨有两处破裂 |
[27:15] | her lungs were lacerated by broken ribs, | 肺部被碎裂的肋骨刺穿 |
[27:18] | and her skull was crushed. | 头骨粉碎性骨折 |
[27:20] | What about the baby? | 她体内的胎儿呢 |
[27:21] | Surgically removed. | 被手术移除了 |
[27:23] | I couldn’t tell if the fetus was still alive | 我无法验明胎儿脱离子宫时 |
[27:25] | when it was taken from her womb, but… they took it, Mulder. | 是否还活着 但他们带走了它 穆德 |
[27:28] | To get rid of evidence. | 为了消灭证据 |
[27:30] | Agnes wanted to talk. | 安格斯想告诉我们什么 |
[27:33] | She left the hospital. | 她离开了医院 |
[27:34] | That baby was the only proof | 那个婴儿是证明 |
[27:35] | that she was part of Goldman’s experiment. | 她曾参与戈德曼实验的唯一证据 |
[27:38] | What if the baby was still alive? | 如果那个婴儿还活着呢 |
[27:39] | Mulder, that car hit her so hard that a, an adult woman | 穆德 那辆车对她造成了很大伤害 |
[27:42] | with the benefit of a mature skeletal structure | 有着成熟骨骼结构的成年女人 |
[27:45] | wasn’t able to survive the impact. | 都无法在那种撞击下存活 |
[27:47] | It’s highly unlikely that the baby would remain viable. | 那个婴儿能存活的几率就更渺茫了 |
[27:50] | Unlikely for human fetuses. | 人类胎儿确实不太可能活下来 |
[27:52] | In 1973, the Syndicate was convened | 1973年 辛迪加组织曾参与协助 |
[27:55] | to assist in a project to colonize the world | 执行一项通过制造外星人与人类混血 |
[27:57] | by creating alien/human hybrids. | 以殖民地球的计划 |
[27:59] | The project was ultimately unsuccessful. | 这个计划最终没能实现 |
[28:01] | I doubt they ever stopped trying. | 但我认为他们从未停止过尝试 |
[28:03] | But what you’re talking about is changing | 但你所说的可是 |
[28:05] | the genetic makeup of a population. | 改变一个种群的基因构成 |
[28:08] | That’s the next step in evolution. | 那可是生物进化向前迈了新一步 |
[28:09] | Every new species begins with a Founder’s Mutation. | 每一个新种群都起源于一种奠基者突变 |
[28:12] | One child with the correct combination of DNA | 一个被修改过基因的婴儿 |
[28:14] | could be a start. | 就可以成为一个开端 |
[28:15] | There was a study published last year | 去年在《自然-通讯》上刊登了 |
[28:17] | in Nature Communications, by Batini and Hallast, | 巴蒂尼和哈雷斯特撰写的一篇论文 |
[28:20] | that found that Y chromosomes | 论文中称 大多数 |
[28:22] | in the majority of European men | 欧洲男性的Y染色体 |
[28:23] | could be traced back to just three individuals | 都能追溯到青铜器时代的 |
[28:25] | from the Bronze Age. | 三个男人 |
[28:27] | I did some digging around the police archives, | 我在警方资料库中做了些调查 |
[28:29] | looking for anything related to Goldman. | 寻找跟戈德曼有关的资料 |
[28:31] | 17 years ago, Jackie Goldman was remanded | 17年前 杰姬·戈德曼 |
[28:33] | to St. Elizabeth’s hospital as a forensics patient. | 作为有罪病患被收押在圣伊丽莎白医院 |
[28:35] | She was adjudicated criminally insane. | 她被判定为犯罪精神病人 |
[28:38] | Dr. Goldman’s wife? | 戈德曼博士的妻子吗 |
[28:40] | She was convicted of murdering her baby. | 她被判谋杀了自己的孩子 |
[28:42] | That body also was never found. | 那个婴儿的尸体也从未找到 |
[28:58] | Mrs. Goldman, we’d like to ask you | 戈德曼夫人 我们想问你 |
[28:59] | a few questions about your husband. | 几个关于你丈夫的问题 |
[29:04] | About his work? | 关于他的工作 |
[29:07] | Mulder, she hasn’t said anything in ten minutes. | 穆德 十分钟了 她一句话都没说 |
[29:18] | You don’t like cats? | 你不喜欢猫吗 |
[29:26] | What do you want? | 你们想干什么 |
[29:28] | Can we ask you a few questions, Jackie? | 能问你几个问题吗 杰姬 |
[29:30] | Not about my husband. | 别问我丈夫的事 |
[29:33] | He is the one still keeping me here. | 就是他一直把我关在这里 |
[29:42] | Do you miss your daughter? | 你想念你女儿吗 |
[29:47] | Molly. | 莫莉 |
[29:48] | You should see, uh, that one, that one. | 你们应该尝尝这个 |
[29:50] | I love my daughter. | 我爱我的女儿 |
[29:53] | But… there was… something | 但是 她身上 |
[29:56] | odd… about her. | 有一些古怪 |
[29:58] | I felt it from the day she was born. | 从她出生起我就有所觉察 |
[30:02] | I-I didn’t know for sure… | 但一直不太确定… |
[30:04] | until she was two. | 直到她两岁那年 |
[30:06] | Where’s Molly? | 莫莉去哪了 |
[30:10] | She fell in the pool | 她掉进泳池 |
[30:13] | and nobody noticed. | 没人发现 |
[30:15] | Molly was underwater for at least ten minutes. | 莫莉在水底下待了至少有十分钟 |
[30:17] | She should’ve been dead. | 她应该早就淹死了 |
[30:21] | I never told anyone else this. | 这事我从未对别人说过 |
[30:23] | Not only was she alive… | 她不但没被淹死 |
[30:27] | she was breathing in the water. | 而且在水底下呼吸自如 |
[30:35] | The other moms thought it was a miracle. | 其他妈妈们认为这是个奇迹 |
[30:36] | But I knew what it was. | 但我知道是怎么回事 |
[30:38] | My husband… | 我的丈夫 |
[30:40] | did… something to the embryo. | 对胎儿做了手脚 |
[30:44] | He used our own daughter for his research. | 他用我们的女儿来做研究 |
[30:46] | I was nine months pregnant at the time. | 那时我已经怀孕九个月了 |
[30:47] | I was not about to let him have my son. | 我不能再让他得到我的儿子 |
[30:49] | I had to get away from that monster. | 我必须离开那个禽兽 |
[30:53] | Please… | 求你 |
[30:54] | don’t go. | 不要走 |
[30:56] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[30:59] | I want my daughter, Augustus. | 把我的女儿给我 奥古斯都 |
[31:00] | She is safe, so are you, right here with me. | 她跟我在一起很安全 你也一样 |
[31:03] | – What did you do to her?! – Jackie! Jackie! | -你对她做了什么 -杰姬 杰姬 |
[31:05] | No! | 不 |
[31:09] | He took Molly away. | 他带走了莫莉 |
[31:11] | He hid her from me. | 把她藏了起来 |
[31:13] | So I got in the car and I drove. | 所以我开着车离开了 |
[31:15] | I just drove, no idea where to go. | 一直向前开 不知道要去哪里 |
[31:17] | I knew there was no chance they would leave me alone. | 我知道他们绝不会放过我的 |
[31:19] | I had another baby in my belly. | 我肚子里还有一个婴儿 |
[31:20] | “They”? | “他们”是谁 |
[31:21] | The government. | 政府 |
[31:24] | Augustus worked for them. | 奥古斯都为他们工作 |
[31:26] | I couldn’t trust anyone. | 我不能相信任何人 |
[31:27] | Especially the police. | 尤其是警察 |
[31:29] | I was so scared. | 我非常害怕 |
[31:32] | I was going too fast. | 我开得太快 |
[31:34] | And there was an animal in the middle of the road. | 突然路中间出现了一只动物 |
[31:37] | I-I panicked and I crashed. | 我慌神了 接着车子就被撞翻了 |
[32:02] | I thought I was gonna die. | 我以为我会死 |
[32:06] | But that’s when I heard the sound. | 但就在那时 我听到一个声音 |
[32:11] | It was so loud | 那声音很响亮 |
[32:12] | and piercing; it hurt. | 又刺耳 听得我耳朵疼 |
[32:16] | It was in my head. | 声音就在我脑子里 |
[32:19] | He was talking to me | 他在跟我讲话 |
[32:21] | in the only way that he knew how. | 用他仅会的方式 |
[32:23] | And I knew what I had to do. | 然后我就知道我该怎么做了 |
[32:34] | They said I killed my baby. | 他们说我杀了我的孩子 |
[32:39] | I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[32:44] | I let him out. | 我放他出来了 |
[32:48] | Do you know what happened to your son? | 你知道你儿子后来怎么样了吗 |
[32:51] | Passed out from loss of blood. | 我失血过多昏了过去 |
[32:52] | Woke up in a hospital. | 醒来的时候人在医院里 |
[32:55] | I never saw my boy again. | 我再也没见过我的儿子 |
[33:00] | I think about him every day. | 每天我都会想他 |
[33:05] | A mother never forgets. | 母亲永远不会忘了她的孩子 |
[33:09] | All my training, | 我受过的所有训练 |
[33:10] | everything that I know about psychology | 我所知道的所有心理学知识 |
[33:12] | tells me that she’s delusional, | 都告诉我那故事只是她的妄想 |
[33:14] | but, Mulder, there’s something about her that I trust. | 但是穆德 我却不知为什么相信她 |
[33:17] | She heard a tone in her head, a screech– | 她脑子里听到一个声音 尖锐的声音 |
[33:19] | that’s what happened to me. | 我也听到过 |
[33:21] | Are you saying that you think the baby | 你认为那个和她交流的婴儿 |
[33:22] | that communicated with her communicated with you? | 也试图和你交流吗 |
[33:24] | Wouldn’t be a baby anymore. | 现在应该不是个婴儿了 |
[33:27] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[33:29] | Uh, you don’t work for the hospital, do you? | 你不是医院的员工 对吗 |
[33:31] | You’re a subcontractor? | 你是承包商的员工吗 |
[33:32] | Yeah. A-1 Janitorial. | 对 A-1清洁公司 |
[33:34] | We’re all over the city. | 城市里到处都有我们 |
[33:36] | Thank you. Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[33:40] | A-1 Janitorial also services Nugenics. | A-1清洁公司也为纽金基因公司工作 |
[33:43] | You’ll recognize the uniform. | 看制服就能看出来 |
[33:45] | He’s cleaning the office | 他当时正在打扫 |
[33:46] | directly above the Secured Servers vault. | 服务器机房正上方的办公室 |
[33:49] | He’s no more than 15 feet away from Dr. Sanjay | 桑吉博士死的时候 |
[33:52] | at the time of his death. | 他离他只有四五米远 |
[34:00] | Action, reaction. | 一个人有动作 另一个人有反应 |
[34:03] | I made a request for the name of the janitor on duty. | 我查了一下当班的清洁员 |
[34:06] | Turns out he also worked at St. Elizabeth’s last month. | 发现他上个月也在圣伊丽莎白医院工作 |
[34:09] | High school dropout Kyle Gilligan. | 凯尔·吉里根 高中辍学 |
[34:12] | We got him. | 就是他了 |
[34:48] | I’m Special Agent Scully. | 我是史考莉探员 |
[34:49] | This is Special Agent Mulder. | 这位是穆德探员 |
[34:51] | We’d like to speak with Kyle Gilligan. | 我们想跟凯尔·吉里根谈一谈 |
[34:53] | I’m his mother. | 我是他母亲 |
[34:54] | Is he around? | 他在吗 |
[34:55] | We’d like to ask him a few questions | 他工作时发生了一起意外事故 |
[34:57] | about an incident at work. | 我们有几个问题想问他 |
[34:58] | The suicide? | 那起自杀案 |
[34:59] | You heard about that. | 看了你已经听说了 |
[35:00] | There’s not a thing that goes on | 我儿子生活中发生的所有事 |
[35:01] | in my son’s life that I don’t know. | 没有我不知道的 |
[35:03] | Well, we’d still like to speak with him. | 我们还是想跟他谈一谈 |
[35:04] | He’s got nothing to say. | 他没什么可说的 |
[35:06] | Why don’t you let us decide that? | 这点还是交给我们来判断吧 |
[35:09] | I don’t like to expose my son to stressful situations. | 我不想让我儿子处在有压力的环境中 |
[35:11] | It’s not good for him. | 那样对他不好 |
[35:12] | He doesn’t understand it. | 他理解不了压力 |
[35:14] | He’s simple. | 他很单纯 |
[35:15] | And he’s a minor. | 而且他还未成年 |
[35:17] | And I won’t allow it. | 我不允许你们和他谈 |
[35:19] | You didn’t give birth to Kyle. | 凯尔不是你亲生的 |
[35:21] | Mulder… | 穆德 |
[35:22] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[35:24] | After the accident, where’d you find him? | 那场事故之后 你在哪里找到他的 |
[35:28] | Get the hell off my porch. | 从我家滚出去 |
[35:30] | Your son is unique; have you ever wondered why? | 你的儿子很特别 你想过为什么吗 |
[35:32] | Get out! | 滚 |
[35:33] | Mulder, she’s making it pretty clear. | 穆德 她已经表明她的态度了 |
[35:41] | Bad things happen when the birds gather. | 鸟群出现 就会出事 |
[35:49] | Mulder…? | 穆德 |
[35:51] | Mulder! Mulder! | 穆德 穆德 |
[35:55] | Where is he?! | 他在哪 |
[35:59] | Where is he?! | 他在哪 |
[36:04] | Oh, God. | 老天啊 |
[36:26] | Whatever you’re doing, stop right there. | 不管你在做什么 马上停下 |
[36:31] | Don’t take him! | 别带走他 |
[36:34] | Don’t! | 不要 |
[36:37] | Please don’t take him! | 求你们不要带走他 |
[36:40] | He didn’t know what he was doing! | 他不知道他在干什么 |
[36:41] | He was just trying to protect me! | 他只是想保护我 |
[36:47] | Is that true, Kyle? | 是这样吗 凯尔 |
[36:49] | That you don’t know what you’re doing? | 你真的不知道自己在干什么吗 |
[36:54] | Why did you kill Dr. Sanjay? | 你为什么要杀桑吉博士 |
[36:56] | I didn’t want him to die. | 我本没想害死他的 |
[36:59] | You made him kill himself. | 你逼他自杀了 |
[37:00] | No! | 不 |
[37:02] | I would never. | 我绝不会故意伤害他 |
[37:03] | He was… was helping me. | 他在帮助我 |
[37:05] | You got inside his head. | 你进到了他的脑子里 |
[37:07] | You got inside my head. | 你也进到了我的脑子里 |
[37:08] | You can make people hear things. | 你能让人听到声音 |
[37:09] | Like you just did; | 你刚刚就这么做的 |
[37:10] | like you did to me in Sanjay’s apartment. | 我在桑吉的公寓时你也这么做了 |
[37:13] | But you can’t control it. | 但你无法控制这能力 |
[37:15] | I just want to find my sister. | 我只想找到我姐姐 |
[37:18] | Molly? | 莫莉 |
[37:20] | At the hospital, where you worked. | 在你工作的医院 |
[37:24] | You heard Jackie’s story. | 你听到了杰姬的故事 |
[37:26] | She told me that he has her. | 她说我姐姐在他那里 |
[37:29] | And Jackie is my real mother, okay? | 杰姬是我的亲生母亲 好吗 |
[37:30] | I have to find my sister. | 我必须要找到我的姐姐 |
[37:32] | Kyle, nobody knows where she is. | 凯尔 没人知道她在哪 |
[37:35] | I know who knows. | 我知道谁知道 |
[37:50] | Would you mind if I took some blood? | 你介意我抽点血吗 |
[38:03] | Where’s Molly? | 莫莉在哪 |
[38:05] | How do you know that name? | 你怎么知道这个名字的 |
[38:10] | My… | 我… |
[38:12] | mother told me to find her. | 妈妈让我找到她 |
[38:15] | And what would you do… | 那你找到她以后 |
[38:18] | once you found her? | 要怎么做呢 |
[38:20] | I don’t… know. | 我不知道 |
[38:36] | I’m gonna let you meet Molly. | 我会让你和莫莉见面 |
[38:49] | Molly? | 莫莉 |
[38:59] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[39:01] | Kyle. | 凯尔 |
[39:09] | No. | 不 |
[39:13] | Y-You’re not my sister. | 你不是我姐姐 |
[39:15] | No! | 不 |
[39:16] | Kyle…? | 凯尔 |
[39:20] | Molly? | 莫莉 |
[39:31] | You’re Molly. | 你是莫莉 |
[39:36] | I didn’t know I had a brother. | 我不知道我还有个弟弟 |
[39:38] | I can hear you. | 我能听到你说话 |
[39:45] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[39:51] | Kyle! | 凯尔 |
[40:01] | Molly! | 莫莉 |
[40:02] | – No! No! – Daddy, just let me go! | -不 不 -爸爸 放我走吧 |
[40:04] | Get the hell away from her! | 离她远点 |
[40:10] | Kyle! | 凯尔 |
[40:14] | Scully! | 史考莉 |
[40:36] | Skinner, keep your people behind the red tape. | 斯金纳 你的人不能进入警戒线 |
[40:44] | Department of Defense has control of the facility. | 国防部接管了这栋大楼 |
[40:46] | It’s now classified as top secret. | 现在已列入最高机密 |
[40:47] | We no longer have jurisdiction here. | 我们没有管辖权了 |
[40:49] | Have they found Molly or Kyle? | 他们找到莫莉或凯尔了吗 |
[40:51] | You were the last one to see them, Agent Mulder. | 你是最后一个见到他们的人 穆德探员 |
[40:53] | I blacked out after Goldman’s eyes | 戈德曼的眼球从眼窝里掉出来之后 |
[40:54] | popped out of their sockets. | 我就晕过去了 |
[40:57] | Believe me, you can’t unsee that. | 相信我 这画面你忘不掉 |
[40:59] | Well, they’re gone; there’s no trace of them anywhere. | 他们跑了 没发现任何线索 |
[41:08] | Kyle’s blood. | 凯尔的血 |
[41:10] | A trace. | 是条线索 |
[41:17] | Monkeys. | 猴子 |
[41:19] | Yeah, that’s… well, that’s early man, William. | 是 那其实是早期的人类 威廉姆 |
[41:26] | And that’s the monolith. | 那就是独石柱 |
[41:28] | What’s a “Momomyth”? | 什么是”读书猪” |
[41:31] | Some people think it represents | 有的人认为它是 |
[41:33] | our first contact with aliens. | 人类首次和外星人接触的证据 |
[41:35] | Other people think it represents | 有的人认为它代表了 |
[41:37] | the beginning of human knowledge. | 人类知识的起源 |
[41:38] | I… I think one day | 我想有一天 |
[41:40] | you’ll probably have your own ideas about it. | 你可能会有自己的见解 |
[41:57] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[41:59] | My fin broke. | 我的尾翼断了 |
[42:05] | Space is hard. | 航天好难 |
[42:09] | “All great and honorable actions | “所有伟大及崇高的行动 |
[42:10] | are undertaken with great difficulty.” | 都伴随着极大的困难” |
[42:14] | “We choose to go to the moon in this decade | “我们决定在这个十年间登月 |
[42:17] | and do other things, | 并且完成其它的事 |
[42:18] | not because they’re easy…” | 不是因为它们轻而易举” |
[42:20] | “But because they are hard.” | “而是因为它们困难重重” |
[42:23] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[42:25] | Come on, let’s light this candle. | 来 我们来点火 |
[42:27] | We’ll do yours first. | 我们先点你的 |
[42:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[42:30] | There you go. | 拿着 |
[42:35] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[42:36] | Yep. | 好了 |
[42:37] | Five, four, | 五 四 |
[42:39] | three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[42:42] | Ignition. | 点火 |
[42:48] | I’m gonna go up there someday. | 有一天我也要飞上太空 |
[42:57] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[43:00] | William! | 威廉姆 |
[43:05] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[43:06] | No! | 不要 |