时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | I know you think I’m crazy. | 我知道你觉得我疯了 |
[00:20] | But it’s not me. | 但疯的不是我 |
[00:22] | It’s the world. | 是这个世界 |
[00:23] | The world’s gone mad. | 这个世界已经疯了 |
[00:26] | Because… | 因为… |
[00:27] | because Martians have invaded, but… | 因为火星人已经入侵了 但是… |
[00:30] | nobody seems to care! | 根本没人关心 |
[00:33] | Take it easy, mister. | 放松点 先生 |
[00:35] | Have a cup of Joe. | 来杯咖啡 |
[00:40] | I can’t take it easy. | 我没办法放松 |
[00:42] | I just saw one outside. | 我刚刚在外面就看到了一个 |
[00:44] | So, uh, tell me, | 那告诉我 |
[00:46] | what do these Martians look like? | 火星人长什么样 |
[00:48] | They… have giant heads | 它们…有巨大的头 |
[00:51] | and multiple appendages. | 有好多触手 |
[00:53] | Yikes. | 天啊 |
[00:55] | And they’re, uh, here to eat us or something? | 它们是来…吃掉我们之类的吗 |
[00:57] | No. They have a ray of some kind… | 不 它们能发出某种射线… |
[01:01] | that makes us… | 让我们… |
[01:03] | forget. | 遗忘 |
[01:04] | Forget what? | 遗忘什么 |
[01:07] | – There! I just saw one. – Where? | -那里 我刚看到了一个 -哪里 |
[01:09] | Outside through that window. I just saw one of ’em. | 就在那扇窗户外面 我刚看见了一个 |
[01:12] | Hey, mister. | 先生 |
[01:13] | That ain’t a window. That’s a mirror. | 那可不是窗户 是镜子 |
[01:38] | What is this, | 这是什么 |
[01:39] | some kind of sick joke, Buddy? | 恶意的玩笑吗 老兄 |
[01:43] | No. It’s no joke. | 不 这不是玩笑 |
[01:49] | And my name’s not Buddy. | 而且我也不叫”老兄” |
[01:52] | Wait, what?! | 等等 什么 |
[02:40] | – Hello. – Mulder, it’s me. Where have you been? | -喂 -穆德 是我 你去哪里了 |
[02:43] | I’ve been trying your cell all day. | 我今天一直在打你电话 |
[02:45] | I was out squatchin’. | 我在外面找野人 |
[02:46] | – What? – Bigfoot hunting. | -什么 -搜寻大脚怪 |
[02:47] | I had my phone turned off. | 我把手机关了 |
[02:49] | Did you have any luck? | 那找到了吗 |
[02:51] | No, but that’s not really the point. | 没有 但那不是重点 |
[02:54] | I just had to get away from the madness for a little while. | 我不过是需要从那疯狂中逃离片刻 |
[02:57] | It seems this past year all I’ve done is watch the news | 感觉在过去的一年我所做的只有看着新闻 |
[02:59] | and worry that the country’s gone insane. | 担心这个国家陷入疯狂 |
[03:02] | I had to get out to nature. | 我得到大自然中去 |
[03:04] | You know, where it’s simple and uncomplicated, | 就那种简单 不复杂的地方 |
[03:06] | where it’s just you and the elements. | 只有自己和各种自然元素 |
[03:08] | And possibly a cryptozoological, simian-like, | 也许还有一个神秘的 像猿猴一样的 |
[03:11] | hairy humanoid with enormous feet. | 长着大脚的毛乎乎的野人 |
[03:13] | I think you just like saying “Squatchin’.” | 我觉得你只是喜欢说”野人”这个词而已 |
[03:16] | We still on for dinner tomorrow night? | 明天的晚餐之约计划不变吧 |
[03:17] | Yeah, I’ll see you then. | 对 到时见 |
[03:19] | Hey, Scully, I ever tell you about the time | 史考莉 我有告诉过你 |
[03:21] | -I found a Sasquatch footprint in the mud? -Yeah, | -我在泥地里发现大脚怪脚印的那次吗 -嗯 |
[03:23] | – you did. I, uh… – It was 35 years ago, about. | -你说过 我… -大约在35年前 |
[03:25] | – Mulder, I’ve heard this before. – On the banks | -穆德 我听过了 -在位于美丽的 |
[03:27] | – of the mighty Mogoagogo River -Mulder, you already told me. | -英属哥伦比亚的 -穆德 你和我说过了 |
[03:29] | – I got to go, got to go, Mulder. – in beautiful British Columbia. | -我得挂了 穆德 -蒙哥阿古古河的河岸上 |
[03:31] | Scully? Scully? | 史考莉 史考莉 |
[04:09] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[04:10] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[04:12] | Now, I-I know you’re surprised to see me. | 我知道你看见我很惊讶 |
[04:13] | I thought we were all done after… | 我以为在经历了上一个案子之后… |
[04:15] | you know, that last case. | 我们之间已经玩完了 |
[04:18] | I’ve stumbled on the conspiracy to… | 我碰巧遇到了一个终结所有阴谋的… |
[04:21] | …to end all conspiracies. | 阴谋 |
[04:24] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[04:28] | So they have already gotten to you. | 所以他们已经找上你了 |
[04:31] | How did you know how to contact me? To meet me here? | 你是如何知道怎样联系我 并且来这里见我的 |
[04:33] | I… It had to be someplace safe. | 我…必须得找个安全的地方 |
[04:36] | They… | 他们… |
[04:38] | they’d kill us if they had the chance. | 如果有机会 他们会杀了我们的 |
[04:40] | And who are “they”? | “他们”指的是谁 |
[04:42] | They are why you don’t remember. | 他们就是你之所以不记得了的原因 |
[04:45] | Why aren’t people getting probed by aliens anymore? | 为什么如今人们对外星人毫不在意了 |
[04:47] | You used to know, but they made you forget… | 你以前知道的 但它们让你忘了… |
[04:50] | so that you wouldn’t remember me. | 所以你才不记得我了 |
[04:52] | Look, what is this all about? | 听着 这到底是怎么回事 |
[04:54] | Oh, my God. Look, there’s no way for me to make you understand | 老天 听着 我没办法让你理解我 |
[04:57] | without me seeming like a crazed madman. | 而不觉得我是个疯子 |
[04:59] | It’s a little late for that. | 这话说得有点迟了 |
[05:05] | I think your ride is here. | 你的车来了 |
[05:08] | The first Twilight Zone episode you ever saw– | 你看的第一集《阴阳魔界》[著名美剧] |
[05:10] | it was “The Lost Martian,” right? | 是”迷失的火星人” 是吗 |
[05:12] | You remember that? | 你还记得吗 |
[05:14] | And if I do? | 假如我记得呢 |
[05:16] | That Twilight Zone episode… | 那集《阴阳魔界》… |
[05:18] | doesn’t exist. | 是不存在的 |
[05:20] | It never did. | 从来都不存在 |
[05:27] | Were you followed? | 你被人跟踪了吗 |
[05:29] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[05:34] | It would be a hell of a twist if it were Rod Serling. | 假如是罗德·瑟林[阴阳魔界编剧]就搞笑了 |
[05:47] | Submitted for your approval. | 已提交 等待审批[阴阳魔界台词] |
[05:52] | No, it’s not in here, either. | 没有 这里也没有 |
[05:55] | Mulder, what I don’t understand | 穆德 我不明白的是 |
[05:56] | is how this guy knew about your secret rendezvous signal. | 这家伙是怎么知道你的秘密接头暗号的 |
[05:59] | Who cares about any of that, Scully? | 谁在乎那个啊 史考莉 |
[06:01] | I can’t find “The Lost Martian.” | 我找不到”迷失的火星人”了 |
[06:03] | Wh-When he said that that episode | 他说那集《阴阳魔界》 |
[06:05] | of The Twilight Zone didn’t exist, | 不存在的时候 |
[06:07] | that’s when I knew he was a crazy person. It’s a classic. | 我就知道他是个疯子了 那集超经典的 |
[06:10] | So I came home, and I checked my box DVD set, | 所以我回家翻我的DVD套装 |
[06:12] | and it wasn’t on there. | 但里面没有 |
[06:13] | I checked all my episode guidebooks. | 我查阅了所有的剧集索引 |
[06:15] | No mention of it. | 完全没有提到过这集 |
[06:16] | I searched online. Nothing. | 我还上网搜了 也没有 |
[06:18] | So now I’m going through my tapes | 所以现在我要过一遍我的录像带 |
[06:19] | because I’m sure I recorded it at some point. | 因为我确信我之前录过这集 |
[06:22] | Well, maybe it’s one of those other shows, like… | 也许那集是其他剧里的 比如… |
[06:25] | Outer Limits or… | 《迷离档案》或者… |
[06:25] | Confuse The Twilight Zone with The Outer Limits? | 把《阴阳魔界》和《迷离档案》搞混 |
[06:28] | Do you even know me?! | 你到底了不了解我 |
[06:30] | Can we talk about this over dinner, please? | 我们晚餐再谈不行吗 拜托 |
[06:33] | I-I’m not gonna be able to eat until I find this. | 我找到这集之前是吃不下饭的 |
[06:35] | Ever again. | 绝对吃不下 |
[06:37] | It can’t be that good of an episode. | 那集不可能这么好看吧 |
[06:39] | It-It’s-it’s not about the episode, Scully. | 这和那集无关 史考莉 |
[06:42] | It’s about my memory of seeing my first Twilight Zone. | 而是关于我看这集《阴阳魔界》的记忆 |
[06:47] | It changed me. | 它改变了我 |
[06:48] | You don’t forget that. | 是忘不了的 |
[06:49] | I was eight years old. | 当时我才八岁 |
[06:51] | My parents let me stay up till midnight | 我父母允许我待到半夜 |
[06:52] | because that was back in the day when it only aired, | 因为那个时候 那部剧只在 |
[06:55] | you know, late at night on some local channel. | 某个地方电视台的深夜时段播出 |
[06:58] | Wait, what?! | 等等 什么 |
[07:01] | And my name’s not Buddy. | 我的名字也不是”老兄” |
[07:04] | – Oh, now I get it. – Wait, what?! | -现在懂了 -等等 什么 |
[07:07] | I remember it all so clearly, | 我记得非常清楚 |
[07:09] | as if it just happened. | 就像是才发生的一样 |
[07:19] | He stand you up again? | 他又放你鸽子了吗 |
[07:25] | Are you that guy that met with Mulder last night? | 你是昨晚跟穆德见面的人吗 |
[07:29] | What gave it away, Skulls? | 你怎么猜出来的 史考 |
[07:32] | He mentioned the forehead sweat. | 他有提到额头上的汗 |
[07:34] | I need you to help me find someone. | 我需要你帮我找个人 |
[07:37] | Who? | 谁 |
[07:39] | Me. | 我 |
[07:41] | They… | 他们 |
[07:42] | they’re trying to erase me! | 他们打算把我从地球上抹去 |
[07:44] | Skulls, look, I can prove it. | 史考 听着 我能证明 |
[07:46] | Hey, I’m armed. | 我有枪 |
[07:49] | Just… | 我只是 |
[08:00] | Wh-Where did you find this? | 你在哪找到这个的 |
[08:03] | My fingerprints are on that box. | 这个盒子上有我的指纹 |
[08:07] | Just prove that I’m real! | 一定要证明我是真实的 |
[08:11] | W-Wait! | 等等 |
[08:13] | Who… uh… | 是谁 |
[08:23] | 酷啵ABC 明胶 双配料 | |
[08:31] | 樱桃口味 人造香味剂 | |
[08:32] | Let me– L-Let me, let me get this straight. | 让我来搞搞清楚 |
[08:34] | Wh-When it cools, it forms into three different layers, | 这个冷却后 会形成分明的三层 |
[08:37] | with three different textures, all from the same mix? | 三层不同的结构 是同一份配方吗 |
[08:40] | How has this never been an X-File? | 居然没被收入X档案里 |
[08:42] | I-I have such wonderful memories associated with it. | 我对这东西有很美好的回忆 |
[08:46] | I remember my mom making it. | 我记得我妈妈做这种明胶 |
[08:47] | I remember family vacations over the summer holidays, | 我记得我们一家人夏天一起度假 |
[08:51] | and Fourth of July, fireworks, | 还有国庆日 烟花 |
[08:54] | America, God, love. | 美国 上帝 爱 |
[08:57] | That’s some Jell-O. | 这就是个杰乐果冻而已 |
[08:57] | 杰乐[Jell-O]是美国流传最早最广的明胶甜品 英文的”果冻”一词就由此而来 | |
[08:58] | I mean, just the cherry flavor. | 我说的只是樱桃味的 |
[09:00] | The lemon-lime tasted like Leprechaun Taint. | 柠檬青柠味的有种”妖精污点”的味道 |
[09:02] | But I-I have literally been looking for this for decades. | 但这个东西我真的找了几十年 |
[09:05] | But every time I look for Goop-O A-B-C, | 但我每次想找酷啵ABC的时候 |
[09:08] | everyone says, “No, you must be thinking about Jell-O 1-2-3.” | 别人就说”你说的肯定是杰乐123″ |
[09:11] | It’s the Mandela Effect. | 这是”曼德拉效应” |
[09:13] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:14] | When someone has a memory of something | 就是一个人对某件事物的记忆 |
[09:16] | that’s not shared by the majority | 与大众共识和记录事实 |
[09:17] | or the factual record. | 并不相符 |
[09:20] | For instance, there are some people that have a memory | 举个例子 有些人记得 |
[09:22] | of seeing a movie called Shazaam, | 看过一部电影《沙赞》 |
[09:24] | starring Sinbad as an irrepressible genie, | 辛巴德饰演了一位桀骜的精灵 |
[09:27] | even after it’s pointed out to them | 直到别人告诉他们 |
[09:28] | that they’re probably thinking of a movie called Kazaam, | 他们记得的电影可能是《精灵也疯狂》 |
[09:31] | starring Shaquille O’Neal as an irrepressible genie, | 而桀骜的精灵由沙奎尔·奥尼尔饰演 |
[09:33] | especially ’cause a movie called Shazaam was never made. | 而《沙赞》从来没存在过 |
[09:37] | But what if I don’t remember either movie? | 如果我对这两部电影都没印象怎么说 |
[09:39] | – You win! – But, Mulder, | -你就赢了 -但是穆德 |
[09:41] | isn’t your false Twilight Zone memory | 你对《阴阳魔界》的错误记忆 |
[09:43] | also a Mandela Effect? | 也算”曼德拉效应”吗 |
[09:44] | No, because my false memory is real. | 不 我的错误记忆才是真的 |
[09:48] | But, again, how does this… mystery guy, | 但话说回来 这个神秘人 |
[09:51] | whose fingerprints came up with nothing, | 他的指纹查不出任何结果 |
[09:54] | how does he even know about these, | 他又怎么会知道 |
[09:56] | these secret memories of ours? | 我们的这些秘密记忆 |
[09:57] | You can ask him yourself tonight. | 你可以今晚去问他 |
[09:59] | I already taped an “X” to the window this morning. | 今早我已经用胶带在窗上贴了个”X” |
[10:01] | But that’s your secret rendezvous signal. | 但那是你的秘密会合信号 |
[10:03] | I don’t want to intrude. | 我不想打扰 |
[10:06] | He clearly wants you involved, Scully. | 他明显想让你加入 史考莉 |
[10:09] | Come on, it’ll be like a date. | 来吧 就像约会一样 |
[10:18] | Well, this is romantic. | 好吧 真是浪漫 |
[10:20] | Isn’t it? | 是吧 |
[10:41] | So, who are you? | 你到底是谁 |
[10:43] | I think my name is Reggie. | 我想我叫瑞吉 |
[10:45] | Reggie something. | 瑞吉·什么什么 |
[10:47] | Well, Mr. Something, | 好吧 “什么什么”先生 |
[10:50] | you want to tell us what this is all about? | 你想告诉我们这是怎么回事吗 |
[10:53] | Like all life-questioning revelations, | 就像所有揭示生命真相的启迪一样 |
[10:55] | it came to me while I was moving. | 这事发生在我搬家的时候 |
[10:57] | Not myself, but my mother. | 不是我搬家 是我母亲 |
[10:59] | And when unpacking her stuff, | 我拆封整理她物品的时候 |
[11:00] | 学校迷情 1982年 | |
[11:01] | I came across a bunch of old things of mine she kept. | 我找到了她收起来的我的一堆旧东西 |
[11:04] | Remembering my mom reading Dr. Wuzzle books to me | 我记得妈妈常读乌瑟尔博士的书给我听 |
[11:06] | is one of the fondest memories I have. | 那是我最喜欢的回忆 |
[11:10] | But… when I looked more closely at the book’s cover, | 但当我细看书封面的时候 |
[11:13] | well, that’s when the wuzzle-wozzle-bloober-blubs | 当时那个乌泽尔还是沃泽尔什么的名字 |
[11:15] | really hit the fan. | 真的把我吓到了 |
[11:16] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[11:17] | Because Dr. Wuzzle’s name was spelled different | 因为这个乌泽尔博士的名字拼法 |
[11:19] | than how I remembered– not with two Ss, | 跟我记的不一样 不是两个字母”s” |
[11:21] | but with two Zs. | 而是两个字母”z” |
[11:24] | What’s happening?! | 这是怎么回事 |
[11:26] | – It’s the Mandela Effect. – The what effect? | -这是”曼德拉效应” -什么效应 |
[11:29] | The Mandela Effect. When someone has a memory | “曼德拉效应” 就是某人的某段记忆 |
[11:31] | that doesn’t coincide with everybody else’s or the facts. | 跟别人的记忆或是事实情况不相符 |
[11:35] | So named because some people have a memory | 之所以叫这个名字 是因为有些人记得 |
[11:37] | of hearing that Nelson Mandela died in the ’80s while imprisoned, | 纳尔逊·曼德拉在八十年代死于牢中 |
[11:40] | when, in fact, he died a free man in 2013. | 而实际上他以自由之身死于2013年 |
[11:43] | No. It’s called the Mengele Effect | 不对 这个叫”门格勒效应” |
[11:46] | because people have a memory of | 因为有人记得1970年 |
[11:47] | Josef Mengele getting apprehended in Ohio in 1970. | 约瑟夫·门格勒在俄亥俄州被捕 |
[11:51] | So, it’s the Mengele Effect. | 所以是”门格勒效应” |
[11:53] | The Mandela Effect has been an Internet meme for almost a decade. | “曼德拉效应”在网上已经流传了近十年 |
[11:56] | It’s always been called that. | 一直用的这个名字 |
[11:58] | Ah, see, you’re having a Mengele Effect | 看吧 你现在对”曼德拉效应” |
[12:00] | about the Mandela Effect. | 产生了”门格勒效应” |
[12:02] | I should know because of how I found out about it. | 我之所以知道 是在我找到这个的过程中发现的 |
[12:04] | My search led me to a… | 我最后搜寻到了一处 |
[12:07] | historical repository of vintage Americana. | 老式美国古董店 |
[12:15] | Excuse me… do you have any old Dr. Wuzzle books? | 打扰了 你有没有乌泽尔博士的书 |
[12:20] | That’s something somebody might actually want, so, no. | 这可能是有市场的东西 所以我怎么会有 |
[12:23] | I do have something over in the political shame section | 我在”政治耻辱”一栏倒是有一些东西 |
[12:26] | that might interest you. | 你可能会感兴趣 |
[12:34] | It’s a cartoon that Dr. Wuzzle drew back in 1940. | 这是乌泽尔博士1940年画的卡通画 |
[12:38] | 美国 纳粹 好兄弟 手牵手 | |
[12:42] | Damn it, it’s still wrong! | 该死的 还是不对 |
[12:43] | Easy, easy! If you’re gonna break something, | 冷静点 如果你要打坏东西的话 |
[12:46] | use the Evel Knievel doll. | 用埃维尔·克尼维尔娃娃 |
[12:48] | It’ll make it more authentic. | 显得更正宗一些 |
[12:51] | What? No. I’m sorry. It-it… | 什么 不是 对不起 只是… |
[12:54] | I remember his name being spelled in a different way. | 我记得他的名字拼写不一样 |
[12:58] | Oh, boy. Sounds like somebody’s suffering | 天啊 看起来有人是受到了 |
[13:01] | from the Mengele Effect. | 门格勒效应的影响 |
[13:03] | See? It’s called the Mengele Effect. | 懂了吗 这叫门格勒效应 |
[13:06] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 那证明不了什么 |
[13:07] | D– Just trust me, okay? | 相信我好吗 |
[13:10] | I’ve done a lot of research into this since then. | 我在那之后进行过很多研究 |
[13:12] | And the shop owner himself was a bit of an expert on the topic. | 那个店主本身也算是个专家 |
[13:16] | Oh, it all started a couple years ago– | 这都是几年前开始的 |
[13:17] | people coming in looking for | 人们来店里寻找 |
[13:19] | some fondly-remembered item from their past, | 一些曾经模糊记得的物品 |
[13:22] | and I’d show it to them, | 我会找出来给他们看 |
[13:23] | but there’s always something just a little off. | 但是里边总会有些不同 |
[13:25] | And they’d be like, | 然后他们就会说 |
[13:26] | “No, I remember the logo being racist in a different way.” | “不 这个种族歧视的标志不长这样” |
[13:29] | It’s like everybody’s recall was just a little out of whack. | 就好像所有人的记忆都有些偏差 |
[13:31] | Yeah, yeah. | 没错 没错 |
[13:32] | And I think the government knows about it. | 而且我觉得政府知道这事 |
[13:37] | What-what do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[13:38] | Oh, come on, the government always knows more than they let on. | 政府总是知道的比透露的多 |
[13:40] | For instance, do you think that the government | 譬如 你真觉得70年代 |
[13:42] | didn’t know, when this was being sold back in the ’70s, | 这玩意卖得火的时候 |
[13:45] | that it wasn’t full of carcinogens? | 政府不知道这里边充满了致癌物吗 |
[13:47] | They know the truth about the… Mengele Effect. | 他们知道门格勒效应的真相 |
[13:52] | That’s when I launched my own investigation | 所以就是从这个时候 |
[13:54] | into the phenomenon. | 我开始调查这个现象 |
[13:55] | The Mengele Effect is being | 门格勒效应是被 |
[13:56] | intentionally orchestrated by someone. | 有人有意进行的安排 |
[13:59] | Who? And to what end? | 是谁 目的又是什么 |
[14:01] | For the simple reasons that Orwell said. | 为了奥威尔说过的简单原因 |
[14:03] | “He who controls the past controls the future.” | “控制了过去的人控制未来” |
[14:06] | The ability to manipulate memory creates unlimited power– | 操纵记忆的能力会带来无穷的力量 |
[14:10] | political, economical, cultural. | 政治上 经济上 文化上 |
[14:12] | It runs the gamut from Holocaust denial | 它的适用范围可以从否认大屠杀 |
[14:14] | to corporate product recognition. | 到改变商业产品认同度 |
[14:16] | There are companies who are willing to pay anything, | 有些公司愿意付任何价格 |
[14:19] | do anything, to have people forget | 做任何事 来让人们忘记 |
[14:21] | that their products explode on impact or suddenly catch fire. | 他们的产品会爆炸或者着了火 |
[14:25] | Companies like G… | 有些公司 譬如三… |
[14:26] | …spending billions in profit to repress these memories. | 花费了数十亿来抑制那些记忆 |
[14:30] | The-the only thing I haven’t been able to do is to figure out | 我唯一没能做到的就是找出 |
[14:33] | how they’re doing it. | 他们是如何做到的 |
[14:34] | They can’t. | 他们做不到 |
[14:36] | I-I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous. | 抱歉 但是这个太可笑了 |
[14:38] | I mean, the Mandela Effect is simp… | 我是说 曼德拉效应就只是… |
[14:40] | It’s the Mengele Effect, guys. | 是门格勒效应 各位 |
[14:41] | It’s the Mengele Effect. Just say it. | 是门格勒效应 别绕弯子了 |
[14:43] | …is simply people misremembering stuff. | 就只是人们的记忆出错了 |
[14:47] | But maybe… | 但也许 |
[14:49] | this is actually evidence of a parallel universe. | 这其实是平行宇宙的证明 |
[14:53] | – Wait, what?! – Wait, what?! | -你说什么 -你说什么 |
[14:54] | So maybe th-these differences | 所以也许那些 |
[14:56] | in collective memories are actually evidence of | 记忆中的不同之处其实是 |
[14:58] | of our universe somehow becoming intertwined with another, | 我们宇宙不知为何与其他宇宙交错产生的 |
[15:02] | if not identical, then very similar, universe. | 即便不相同 也是非常相似的宇宙 |
[15:04] | So people’s memories are correct. | 所以人们的记忆是对的 |
[15:05] | They’re just remembering something | 他们只是记起了一些 |
[15:06] | that happened in another dimension. | 发生在其他次元的事 |
[15:08] | Hence, the discrepancies. | 因此 产生了差异 |
[15:09] | That’s science, Scully. | 这很科学 史考莉 |
[15:10] | – Theoretical science, at best, Mulder. | -充其量是科学假设 穆德 |
[15:14] | We’re not gonna do this parallel universe, | 我们可不买你这平行宇宙的 |
[15:17] | sci-fi gobbledygook, nerd boy, okay? | 科幻小说样本猜想 书呆子 |
[15:19] | So just, please, drop it. | 所以赶紧放弃掉吧 |
[15:20] | – Because that crap gives me a headache. – It’s a lot better | -因为那玩意让我头疼 -这可比 |
[15:23] | than some evil entity zapping people’s brains | 某个邪恶实体用催眠枪冲着人的 |
[15:26] | with a hypno-ray gun? | 大脑发射光线强得多 |
[15:27] | I never mentioned a hypno-ray gun… | 我从没说过催眠枪 |
[15:29] | Guys… | 各位 |
[15:31] | it’s faulty memory because Occam’s razor. | 那是因为奥卡姆剃刀定律引起的错误记忆 |
[15:34] | That’s “Ozzie’s razor,” Not Occam’s. | 那是”奥齐剃刀” 不是奥卡姆 |
[15:36] | It’s always been Ozzie’s razor. | 一直都是奥齐剃刀 |
[15:38] | Maybe in a parallel universe it is, | 也许在平行宇宙是 |
[15:40] | but in still yet another universe, | 但或许在另一个宇宙 |
[15:42] | it’s perhaps known as “Occam’s ax.” | 这个定律被称为”奥卡姆斧头” |
[15:44] | It’s not parallel universes! | 这不是平行宇宙 |
[15:47] | Now, look, | 好吧 |
[15:48] | since I’m the only one with any proof of this insidious plot… | 既然我是唯一能证明这个阴险诡计… |
[15:51] | What proof? You’ve yet to offer any proof. | 什么证明 你到现在为止没提出任何证据 |
[15:54] | Proof is in the fact that once I uncovered what they were up to, | 证据是在我发现他们的行为后 |
[15:57] | they turned the Mengele Effect on me. | 他们就对我使用了门格勒效应 |
[15:59] | Just, look. | 你看着 |
[16:03] | It’s my high school yearbook my mom kept, right? | 这是我妈妈留着的高中同学簿 |
[16:05] | There is not a single picture of me in here… anywhere. | 这里边没有我的一张照片 哪都没有 |
[16:10] | There’s not any inscriptions from my classmates here. | 这里没有任何我同学写的祝福 |
[16:13] | No “Have a great summer,” “You were funny in math class.” | 没有”夏天愉快” “你在数学课上真逗” |
[16:15] | Nothing. It’s like I never even went to this school. | 什么都没有 就好像我从没去过这个学校 |
[16:19] | Maybe you did, but in a parallel universe. | 也许你去了 只是在平行宇宙 |
[16:21] | Exactly… Knock that off. | 没错 别再闹了 |
[16:24] | Reggie, none of us remember our high school years | 瑞吉 我们对高中的记忆 |
[16:26] | with much accuracy. | 都不太准确 |
[16:28] | Skulls, I wish this was about my own psychological issues. | 史考 我也希望这只是我心理上的问题 |
[16:32] | That way, the memorabilia shop owner would still be alive. | 这样 那个纪念品商店老板就还会活着 |
[16:36] | When I went back to tell him about the conspiracy | 当时我回去想告诉他这个 |
[16:38] | to manipulate memory, and to see if he had those little… | 操控记忆的阴谋 然后看他有没有那种… |
[16:40] | Do you guys remember the little candies | 你们记不记得那种小糖果 |
[16:42] | that were shaped like watermelon slices, | 形状像是西瓜切片 |
[16:44] | but they taste like coconut? | 但是尝起来像是椰子 |
[16:47] | When I went back, they had silenced him. | 当我回去时 他们已经灭了口了 |
[16:56] | They had impaled him with a lawn dart. | 他们用草地标枪穿刺了他 |
[17:02] | I’m sorry, but | 这真遗憾 但是 |
[17:03] | what’s a lawn dart? | 草地标枪是什么 |
[17:06] | Oh, it’s this kid’s game, where you would try | 是一种儿童游戏 你需要试着 |
[17:08] | to throw these mini-metallic javelins into the air | 将一种小的金属标枪扔到空中 |
[17:10] | onto these rings that you put on a lawn. | 然后落到草地上画的圆环中 |
[17:13] | And they sold these to kids? | 他们会卖那种东西给孩子吗 |
[17:15] | We were made of sterner stuff back then, Scully. | 我们小时候可皮实了 史考莉 |
[17:17] | Well, it just sounds like an accidental death to me. | 在我看来就是场意外死亡 |
[17:20] | No! No, that’s what they want you to believe! | 不不 那是他们想让你相信的 |
[17:28] | Sounds like your ride’s here. | 看来你的车到了 |
[17:30] | You’re not… She thinks I’m just some kind of conspiracy nut. | 你不是 她觉得我只是个阴谋论疯子 |
[17:34] | Well, you know what? A conspiracy nut is right twice a day. | 你知道吗 阴谋论疯子今天说对了两次 |
[17:36] | No, that’s a broken clock. | 不 那是一个坏掉的表 |
[17:37] | Okay, it still applies because | 好吧 但也算数 因为… |
[17:39] | they want you to think all conspiracies are nutty, | 他们想让你认为所有阴谋论都是胡话 |
[17:41] | so you will ignore the ones that are true. | 这样你就可以无视其中那些真实存在的 |
[17:44] | Reggie, take it from a fellow nut, okay? | 瑞吉 听疯子同好一声劝 好吗 |
[17:47] | At some point, you’re gonna have to explain who “They” Are. | 你总要解释一下”他们”是谁 |
[17:50] | You keep on referring to this omnipresent, mysterious “They” | 你一直在说是这个无处不在又神秘的”他们” |
[17:53] | to give intentionality to random events, | 导致了那么多偶然事件 |
[17:55] | or external explanations for psychological ones. | 或者说”他们”是造成心理问题的外部因素 |
[17:58] | But there’s no “They” there. | 但根本就没有什么”他们” |
[18:00] | Who is “They”? | “他们”是谁 |
[18:04] | This guy! | 这个人 |
[18:07] | He is They! | 他就是”他们” |
[18:18] | This is the story of a man named They. | 这是关于他们的故事 |
[18:20] | Dr. Thaddeus Q. They, a neuroscientist | 撒迪厄斯·Q·他们博士 神经学家 |
[18:22] | who has discovered a way to manipulate collective memory. | 他发现了操作集体回忆的方法 |
[18:26] | Most people have never heard of him, or rather, they have, | 大多数人都没听说过他 或者曾听说过 |
[18:28] | but he has manipulated their memories to make them forget | 但他通过操作人们的记忆 让他们忘记 |
[18:31] | that they ever have. | 曾经听说过他 |
[18:32] | While working on NASA’s top secret Operation Soy Bomb, | 美国国家科学院执行绝密行动大豆炸弹中 |
[18:36] | involving future, one-way space flights beyond our realm, | 包括未来 飞出地球的单程太空飞行 |
[18:39] | Dr. They devised a technique to change specific memories, | 他们博士发明了一项可以改变具体记忆的技术 |
[18:43] | which would allow astronauts to complete their mission | 让宇航员能免受地球思想的压迫 |
[18:45] | without being weighed down by thoughts of life back on Earth. | 顺利完成任务 |
[18:49] | However, Dr. They was fired | 然而 他们博士被开除了 |
[18:50] | for also making the astronauts think that they were chimpanzees. | 因为他还令宇航员认为自己是猩猩 |
[18:55] | He perfected his research | 他在格林纳达的一所美国大学附属医院 |
[18:56] | while at the U.S. university hospital in Grenada, | 完善了自己的研究 |
[18:58] | and now applies his method for a number of | 而且现在还把他的方法提供给许多 |
[19:01] | unknown, mysterious clients. | 不明身份的神秘客人 |
[19:02] | His memory manipulations have run the gamut | 他的记忆操作涉及范围很广 |
[19:05] | 通缉 约瑟夫·门格勒博士 反人类罪行 | |
[19:05] | from Holocaust denial | 从否认犹太人大屠杀 |
[19:06] | to corporate product recognition | 到企业生产认可 |
[19:08] | to making people forget he, himself, | 还有让人们忘记他 |
[19:10] | once starred as an irrepressible genie | 曾演过疯狂的精灵 |
[19:12] | in a movie called Ka-Blaam! | 在一部叫《精灵也疯狂》的电影里面 |
[19:14] | Dr. They has not been heard of for many years, | 他们博士已经销声匿迹多年 |
[19:16] | but rumors swirled | 但有传言称 |
[19:17] | that he was at the last presidential inauguration, | 他曾出现在上一次总统就职典礼 |
[19:20] | where, amongst the hundreds of millions who attended, | 在成千上万人聚集的地方 |
[19:23] | he was seen occupying the last remaining seat available. | 有人看到他占了最后剩余的座位 |
[19:26] | And as to his motivations for being there, | 至于他为什么出现在那里 |
[19:29] | and what exactly he is up to now, we have no way of knowing. | 还有他到底是什么 我们不得而知 |
[19:33] | Or perhaps we once did, | 或许我们曾经知道过 |
[19:35] | but have since been made to forget. | 但被迫遗忘了 |
[19:40] | Oh. What the hell was that? | 这是什么鬼啊 |
[19:41] | That video was… | 这视频真的是 |
[19:43] | unbelievable. | 不可思议 |
[19:45] | You want to hear unbelievable, | 你想听听不可思议的 |
[19:46] | check out some of these comments. | 就看看下面的评论吧 |
[19:48] | “I think the editing could have been tighter.” | “我想这视频剪辑可以更紧凑一点” |
[19:50] | This jerk just says, “Meh.” | 这混蛋只说了个”哦” |
[19:54] | When I stumbled across this on the Darknet, | 当我在暗网上无意中发现这视频时 |
[19:55] | I tried to confirm as much of it as I could, | 我有努力求证过 |
[19:57] | but I was only able to verify the most important part– | 但我只能找到最重要的那部分的证明 |
[20:00] | the Grenada thing. | 关于格林纳达的事 |
[20:01] | That was the most important part? | 那是最重要的部分吗 |
[20:03] | Tell me, Little Miss Skeptic, why did we invade Grenada? | 告诉我疑问小姐 我们为什么会入侵格林纳达 |
[20:09] | Uh… when was that again? | 什么时候来着 |
[20:10] | There was a Marxist overthrow of the government, | 有个马克思主义者推翻了政府 |
[20:12] | and Reagan was concerned about | 里根就担心 |
[20:13] | some U.S. Studentsat a university hospital. | 一些在大学附属医院的美国学生 |
[20:16] | – Okay, now you’re just… – What? | -好了 你现在只是 -干嘛 |
[20:18] | You’re just embarrassing yourself at this point. | 你这就只能让自己丢脸而已了 |
[20:20] | Those were the official reasons, | 这些只是官方原因 |
[20:23] | but no one really remembers the reasons, | 但没有人真的记得是什么原因 |
[20:26] | not even me, and I was there! | 连我也忘了 可我当时在那啊 |
[20:31] | And I found this amongst my mom’s stuff. | 我在我母亲的物品里面找到这东西 |
[20:32] | I wrote it when I was in Grenada, when I was 18, | 我在格林纳达写的 那时我才18岁 |
[20:35] | to be read when I turned 50. | 写给50岁的自己 |
[20:42] | “To myself at age 50. | “致50岁的自己 |
[20:44] | Always remember…” | 永远记住…” |
[20:47] | And the rest of the letter’s redacted. | 剩下的被涂掉了 |
[20:49] | Who redacted it? | 谁涂的 |
[20:51] | I think I did when I wrote it. | 我想是我在写信的时候涂的吧 |
[20:53] | It was meant as kind of a joke, but… I mean, | 大概是什么玩笑吧 但…我意思是 |
[20:55] | that kind of stuff was funny to me when I was a kid. | 对于那时的我来说 这种信还是挺滑稽的 |
[20:57] | Okay, what does this prove? | 行 那又能证明什么呢 |
[20:58] | You’re missing the most important part. | 你忽略了最重要的部分 |
[21:02] | 格林纳达 1983年7月6日 | |
[21:04] | Oh. A Grenada UFO stamp. | 格林纳达外星飞船邮票 |
[21:06] | -Yeah. – What’s that? | -没错 -那是什么 |
[21:07] | The Prime Minister of Grenada once advocated in front of the U.N. | 格林纳达的总理曾在联合国支持 |
[21:10] | For the creation of a department of UFO research. | 建立一个研究外星飞船的部分 |
[21:12] | He-he issued these stamps to raise money for that effort. | 他发行这些邮票来集资 |
[21:15] | After he was deposed, he confessed that | 当他被免职后 他承认 |
[21:18] | a UFO had crashed off their coast, | 曾经有一只外星飞船在他们的海岸坠毁 |
[21:19] | and a dead alien had been recovered from the waters. | 一个已死的外星人被打捞上水 |
[21:22] | Correct, except for one detail. | 是的 除了一个细节 |
[21:26] | The alien wasn’t dead! | 那外星人没有死 |
[21:29] | Now, I was a med student at that hospital. | 当时我是在那医院实习的学生 |
[21:31] | That’s where they brought in the semiconscious alien, | 正是他们安置半清醒状的外星人的地方 |
[21:33] | and Dr. They was in charge of trying to save it. | 他们博士负责救外星人 |
[21:37] | Apparently the alien had been sent to Earth | 显然这外星人是被派来地球 |
[21:39] | to warn us about the holes in the ozone layer. | 提醒我们注意臭氧层上的洞 |
[21:42] | One of his people would return in 35 years | 他们的人会在35年内回来 |
[21:44] | to see if we had managed to avoid environmental catastrophe. | 看看我们是否有处理好 避免环境灾难发生 |
[22:02] | Now, I only caught glimpses of their conversation. | 当时我只是隐约听到他们的对话 |
[22:05] | The two of them talked alien telepathically. | 他们用心电感应来交谈 |
[22:08] | I will telepathically transfer to you | 我会用心电感应 |
[22:10] | all our knowledge of what you call “The brain.” | 把你们所谓的”大脑”里面的知识都传达给你 |
[22:14] | But that’s when the invasion occurred | 正在这时候 就有武装入侵了 |
[22:16] | and the men from the government showed up. | 然后政府的人就出现了 |
[22:18] | Wait, what? | 等一下 什么 |
[22:30] | I don’t know if I repressed the memory | 我不知道是不是自己抑制了记忆 |
[22:32] | or Dr. They erased my mind, but… | 还是他们博士抹去了我的记忆 但… |
[22:35] | seeing that stamp, | 看到这邮票 |
[22:37] | it all came flooding back to me. | 我全部都记起来了 |
[22:40] | Now we’re dealing with recovered memories? | 现在我们是在处理记忆恢复的事吗 |
[22:42] | I-I’m sorry. I’m out. | 我很抱歉 我不干 |
[22:47] | Reggie, what you told us is theoretically possible. | 瑞吉 你跟我们说的这些理论上是讲得通的 |
[22:52] | But more likely in another universe. | 但更像是另一个时空才会发生的事 |
[22:58] | The one thing I didn’t forget | 我没有忘记的一样东西 |
[22:59] | was the telepathic screams of that alien. | 就是那外星人心灵感应般的叫喊 |
[23:01] | No, wait, what are you…? Hey. Oh. | 不 等等 你是在… |
[23:06] | Oh… no… | 别啊… |
[23:07] | I wanted to know where the men from the government took him. | 我想知道政府的人把他带去哪了 |
[23:10] | That’s when I dropped out of med school, | 我就是在那时从医学院退了学 |
[23:13] | joined the FBI. | 加入了联调局 |
[23:15] | And that’s how I started the X-Files. | 我也是因此开始建立X档案 |
[23:20] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[23:22] | We used to be partners! | 我们曾经是搭档 |
[23:51] | Yeah. Mulder. | 我是穆德 |
[23:52] | – Foxy. – Oh, hey, Reggie. What’s up? | -福克斯 -你好 瑞吉 怎么了 |
[23:54] | Got this really cool poster for the office, man. | 给办公室选了张特别酷的海报 |
[23:56] | I think you’re gonna flip over it. | 我觉得你会开心地翻跟斗的 |
[24:01] | Sorry, nobody down here but the FBI’s most unwanted. | 抱歉 这里只有联调局最不想见的人 |
[24:08] | Move along, sugar boobs. | 走错了 傻丫头 |
[24:10] | This is the X-Files. No women allowed. | 这里是X档案 女人不得入内 |
[24:20] | That guy is so creepy. | 那个人好怪异 |
[24:25] | Changes world history. | 改变了世界历史 |
[24:28] | And then Columbus never discovers America. | 然后哥伦布没有发现美洲 |
[24:31] | Man never lands on the moon. | 人类没有登上月球 |
[24:34] | The U.S. never invades Grenada. | 美国没有入侵格林纳达 |
[24:36] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[24:38] | What’s this about Grenada? | 这跟格林纳达有什么关系 |
[24:42] | Guys, if this turns out to be killer cats, | 各位 这要是因为猫杀了人 |
[24:44] | I’m gonna be very disappointed. | 我就太失望了 |
[24:48] | She’s their mother. | 她是他们的母亲 |
[24:49] | Wait, if she’s their mother, how can she be their… | 等等 如果她是他们的母亲 那她怎么会 |
[24:54] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[25:12] | All those memories… | 这些记忆 |
[25:14] | You guys mean to tell me you don’t remember any of that? | 你们难道一点不记得了吗 |
[25:19] | Not even… | 就连 |
[25:20] | our last case together? | 我们最后一件案子也不记得了 |
[25:25] | This is the Mengele Effect in action. | 这就是门格勒效应的作用 |
[25:27] | Dr. They is using it against us because he knows | 他们博士利用这点对付我们 |
[25:29] | that we are the only team capable of stopping him. | 因为他知道只有我们能阻止他 |
[25:31] | There is no Dr. They. | 根本没有什么他们博士 |
[25:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:36] | Well, tell that to his henchmen. | 去跟他的党羽说吧 |
[25:41] | And he sent more of them. | 他派来的越来越多了 |
[25:53] | FBI. | 联调局 |
[25:54] | – FBI. – What are you doing here? | -联调局 -你们在这做什么 |
[26:00] | You don’t know? | 你不知道吗 |
[26:02] | The legend that I’ve heard so much about | 若你真是我久仰大名的传奇人物 |
[26:05] | would have already figured out who this guy was | 那你应该早就想明白跟你们谈话的人 |
[26:06] | that you’ve been talking to, | 究竟是谁了 |
[26:08] | and why we were asked to find out why you are. | 以及我们为什么被派来探寻此事 |
[26:11] | But I guess that’s how things go: | 不过可能世事如此 |
[26:14] | you start out a rebel, | 你一开始满身反骨 |
[26:15] | but then you get fat. | 然后开始发胖 |
[26:18] | And the next thing you know… | 结果眨眼之间 |
[26:20] | you’re deep state. | 你变成了政府核心机关人员 |
[26:21] | Sad. | 可悲 |
[26:29] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[26:30] | I’m Fox Mulder. | 我是福克斯·穆德 |
[26:32] | I was fighting the power and breaking conspiracies | 你连飞机喷洒化学药剂都没见过的时候 |
[26:35] | before you saw your first chemtrail, you punks. | 我就在和各种阴谋做斗争了 混蛋 |
[26:38] | I’m Fox freaking Mulder, you punks! | 我可是福克斯·他妈的·穆德 混蛋 |
[26:41] | I’m Fox Mulder! | 我是福克斯·穆德 |
[26:43] | Fox Mulder! | 福克斯·穆德 |
[26:44] | So this moron’s father | 所以这笨蛋的爸爸 |
[26:46] | is somehow connected there. | 居然和这事有关系 |
[26:48] | Reggie… | 瑞吉 |
[26:53] | To Bob Dylan, whose ’98 Grammy performance | 鲍勃·迪伦 98年格莱美颁奖典礼上 |
[26:56] | is remembered by millions because a half naked man | 一名男子赤裸上身冲上台 |
[26:58] | with the words “Soy bomb” written on his chest | 胸前写着”大豆炸弹” 开始狂舞 |
[27:00] | jumped onstage and started dancing like a spaz. | 让千百万人记住了这场表演 |
[27:03] | But no official video of the incident exists. | 但这次事件却没有任何官方视频 |
[27:05] | Did it even happen? | 它真的发生了吗 |
[27:06] | Seven years later, the band Eels releases a song, | 七年后 鳗鱼乐队发行了歌曲 |
[27:09] | “Whatever Happened to Soy Bomb?” | 《大豆炸弹怎么了》 |
[27:10] | A coded message? | 这是加密的信息吗 |
[27:11] | Especially because the band’s lead singer, | 尤其考虑到乐队主唱的爸爸 |
[27:13] | the son of Hugh Everett III, who originated | 休·埃弗莱特三世 他提出了 |
[27:15] | the many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics– | 量子力学的一种解释 多宇宙理论 |
[27:17] | and I’m right back to parallel universes again. | 然后我又回到了平行宇宙的猜想了 |
[27:21] | It’s true, Scully, I’ve lost the plot. | 真的 史考莉 我搞不懂了 |
[27:23] | I can’t find the hidden connections between things anymore. | 我找不出事物之间隐含的联系了 |
[27:25] | The world has become too crazy | 这世界对我这种 |
[27:27] | for even my conspiratorial powers. | 资深阴谋论者来说都太疯狂了 |
[27:29] | Maybe you’ve just lost your taste for it, | 也许你只是对阴谋论失去了兴趣 |
[27:31] | especially after all this “Birther” stuff. | 尤其是由那么多人对出生地都有阴谋论 |
[27:34] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[27:37] | Maybe it’s just realizing the absurdity | 也许也只是因为意识到 |
[27:39] | of an evil doctor named They. | 有个叫他们的邪恶博士之荒谬 |
[27:46] | Mulder. | 穆德 |
[27:50] | When? Where? | 几点 哪里 |
[27:57] | Who was that? | 谁打来的 |
[27:58] | Dr. They. | 他们博士 |
[28:22] | Dr. They, I presume? | 我想你是他们博士吧 |
[28:26] | Kids today don’t even know what this means. | 现在的孩子都不知道这是什么意思了 |
[28:30] | Why should they? | 他们怎么会知道呢 |
[28:30] | I mean, when’s the last time someone admitted | 人们已经多久不承认 |
[28:33] | doing something they were ashamed of? | 他们做了让自己都羞愧的事了 |
[28:35] | Even if caught on tape doing it, they just say, | 即便有确凿证据在手 他们也会说 |
[28:38] | “Well, that was taken out of context.” | “那是断章取义” |
[28:40] | Yes, but why are you shaming me? | 没错 但你为什么来羞辱我呢 |
[28:44] | Someone who’s spent his life seeking the truth | 你终其一生寻找每一个阴谋论 |
[28:47] | behind every great conspiracy, | 背后的真相 |
[28:49] | and you’re only now finding out about me? | 却到现在才知道我吗 |
[28:54] | Perhaps it just goes to show | 也许这只能说明 |
[28:56] | how good you are at hiding in the shadows. | 你很会隐藏自己 |
[28:57] | Who’s hiding? I’m in the phone book. | 谁藏了 我就在黄页电话簿里 |
[29:00] | But nobody knows what’s a phone book anymore. | 不过现在没人知道黄页是什么了 |
[29:04] | I have to admit, what little I know of you | 我得承认 我对你仅有的一点了解 |
[29:05] | I got from a rather dubious online video. | 也是从一个不太靠谱的网上视频里看来的 |
[29:07] | Oh. Did you like that? I made it. | 你喜欢吗 我自己做的 |
[29:10] | It’s my new platform: “Phony fake news.” | 那是我新设立的平台 “骗人的假新闻” |
[29:14] | It’s a presentation of real facts, | 展示的都是事实 |
[29:17] | but in a way that assures no one will believe any of it. | 但用这种方式没人会相信它们 |
[29:20] | To what end? | 这是何故 |
[29:21] | The bitter end. | 做了最差打算 |
[29:24] | Which is why, when I became aware | 因此 当我了解到 |
[29:25] | that you were finally aware of me, | 你终于知道我存在后 |
[29:28] | I felt a professional courtesy to meet with you | 我觉得出于礼貌应当和你见一面 |
[29:31] | and to tell you this in person– | 亲口告诉你 |
[29:35] | you’re dead. | 你死了 |
[29:38] | Oh, that came out wrong. | 不是这个意思 |
[29:40] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:41] | I didn’t mean to scare you. | 我不是想吓你 |
[29:43] | I meant your time, | 我是说你的时代 |
[29:44] | Agent Mulder, your-your time has passed. | 穆德探员 你的时代已逝 |
[29:48] | Okay. So, what is, or what was my time? | 行 我的时代究竟是什么 |
[29:51] | Well, it’s a time when people of power thought | 那个时代里 有权利的人 |
[29:54] | that they could keep their secrets secret | 觉得他们可以保守自己的秘密 |
[29:57] | and were willing to do anything to keep it that way. | 也愿意花一切代价守住秘密 |
[30:01] | Those days are passed. Gone. | 这种时代已经过去了 不复返了 |
[30:04] | We’re now living in a post-cover-up, | 我们现在在后隐瞒事实 |
[30:06] | post-conspiracy age. | 后阴谋论时代 |
[30:09] | N-No doubt, the kids will come up with | 当然了 孩子们会想出一个 |
[30:11] | some catchphrase for it. | 专门的流行语 |
[30:14] | “Po-co” or something. They’ll say, like, | “后谋”之类的 他们会说 |
[30:16] | “Oh, that’s so po-co.” | “这真是太后谋了” |
[30:19] | It’ll make you wish you really were dead. | 到时候你会觉得自己还不如死了 |
[30:22] | As long as the truth gets out… | 只要能公开真相 |
[30:24] | They don’t really care whether the truth gets out, | 他们不在乎真相会不会公开 |
[30:27] | because the public no longer knows | 因为大众早就不知道 |
[30:29] | what’s meant by “the truth.” | “真相”是什么意思了 |
[30:32] | – What do you mean? – Well, I mean, | -你是什么意思 -我是说 |
[30:34] | no one can tell the difference anymore | 现在没人能分辨出 |
[30:36] | between what’s real and what’s fake. | 什么是真的 什么是假的 |
[30:38] | There’s still an objective truth, an objective reality. | 真相依然是客观的 现实是客观的 |
[30:42] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[30:44] | I mean, you take this Mandela Effect. | 就拿曼德拉效应来说吧 |
[30:47] | Well, in the old days, I would never have come out | 在过去 我永远不会站出来 |
[30:50] | and admitted to you that, yes, | 跟你承认说 是的 |
[30:52] | I can change people’s collective memories. | 我能改变人们的集体记忆 |
[30:54] | And that would have meant that I could control the past. | 而且那就意味着我能控制过去 |
[30:57] | And if that’s true– well, as Orson Welles once said, | 如果那是真的 就如奥逊·威尔斯所说 |
[31:00] | “He who controls the past, controls the future.” | “控制了过去的人也就控制了未来” |
[31:03] | It was George Orwell that said that. | 是乔治·奥威尔说的 |
[31:06] | Well, for now maybe. | 目前也许如此 |
[31:08] | Anyway, the point is, I can tell you all of this, | 重点是 我能在光天化日之下 |
[31:11] | right out in the open, because it doesn’t matter | 告诉你这一切 是因为现在有谁知道 |
[31:14] | who knows about it. | 已经不重要了 |
[31:16] | They won’t know whether to believe it or not. | 他们不知道该不该相信这些事 |
[31:19] | To be honest, I’m not believing any of this. | 说实话 我一点也不相信 |
[31:21] | Well, believe what you want to believe– | 信你想要相信的事情 |
[31:23] | that’s what everybody does nowadays anyway. | 这是现在每个人的做法 |
[31:25] | You’re only proving my point, you twit. | 你愈发证明了我的观点 傻瓜 |
[31:30] | But, full disclosure, you’re right. | 但是 坦白说 你是对的 |
[31:33] | I can’t control people’s minds. | 我不能控制人们的思想 |
[31:35] | Although it turns out you don’t really have to. | 不过事实证明这也没有必要 |
[31:38] | All you need is some people to think it’s possible. | 你只需让一部分人认为这是有可能的 |
[31:41] | And then you’ve sown the seeds of uncertainty. | 然后你种下不确定的种子 |
[31:45] | All you really need is a laptop. | 你只需要一台笔记本电脑 |
[31:48] | So that’s what this has all been about? | 这一切都是为了这个 |
[31:49] | – The spread of online disinformation? – Maybe. | -官方故意在网上散布假消息 -也许 |
[31:53] | You know, our current president once said | 我们现任总统曾说过 |
[31:55] | something truly profound. | 一句非常深刻的话 |
[31:58] | He said, “Nobody knows for sure.” | 他说 “没人能够确定” |
[32:03] | What was he referring to? | 他指的是什么 |
[32:05] | What does it matter? | 那重要吗 |
[32:36] | Mulder! | 穆德 |
[32:38] | How the hell did you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[32:40] | Foxy, what did you find out from They? | 福克斯 他们博士都跟你说了什么 |
[32:43] | I’m not exactly sure what to think about any of it. | 我不知道要怎么看待任何一句话 |
[32:45] | Oh, God. What did They do to you? | 天啊 他们对你做了什么 |
[32:48] | Alright, alright. Look, | 好吧 听着 |
[32:49] | that’s exactly what they want you to think | 这正是他们想让你 |
[32:51] | about everything. | 对一切产生的看法 |
[32:52] | First thing I need to do is find out who you are. | 我首先要找出你的身份 |
[32:54] | His name is Reginald Murgatroid. | 他叫瑞吉诺德·莫格特伊 |
[32:59] | Using your yearbook, | 通过你的年鉴 |
[33:01] | I tracked down your high school transcripts. | 我找到了你的高中成绩单 |
[33:04] | You only spent a few weeks there, and you didn’t graduate. | 你只在那里读了几个星期 而且没有毕业 |
[33:06] | But after completing your GEDs, you enlisted in the army | 但你考完了高中同等学历考试 参了军 |
[33:10] | and participated in the invasion of Grenada, | 参与了格林纳达入侵战争 |
[33:13] | where one of the resistance soldiers/construction workers | 一名反抗组织士兵兼建筑工人 |
[33:18] | hit you on the head with a shovel. | 用铲子将你击倒在地 |
[33:20] | You received medical assistance | 你在当地的美国大学医院 |
[33:22] | at the U.S. University hospital there. | 接受了治疗 |
[33:24] | After your stint in the military, | 在你退伍之后 |
[33:26] | you engaged in a series of bureaucratic jobs | 你在多个国家机构 |
[33:30] | in various federal agencies. | 从事了行政工作 |
[33:32] | Starting with the U.S. Postal Service. | 首先是美国邮政总局 |
[33:38] | Then, the Internal Revenue Service. | 然后是国税局 |
[33:43] | The Security and Exchange Commission. | 证券交易委员会 |
[33:48] | And the Department of Justice, | 然后是司法部 |
[33:49] | specifically in the Witness Protection Agency. | 你在证人保护处工作 |
[33:51] | All right, Anthony “The Meat Grinder” Mortillaro, | 好了 安东尼·莫迪拉罗 “绞肉机” |
[33:54] | onetime hit man for the mob, | 曾经的黑帮打手 |
[33:56] | you are now Tony Jones, real estate agent. | 你现在是托尼·琼斯 地产经纪人了 |
[33:57] | 热烈欢迎销售队伍新成员 托尼·琼斯 | |
[33:59] | But after 9/11, you joined the CIA. | 但911之后 你加入了中情局 |
[34:05] | Hey. | 你好 |
[34:08] | And then onto the Pentagon, with the Department of Defense. | 然后去了五角大楼的国防部 |
[34:11] | Boom goes the dynamite! | 彭的一声就爆炸 |
[34:15] | Wait. Was that a wedding cake? | 等等 那是个结婚蛋糕吗 |
[34:17] | Damn it! Not again. | 该死 又是这样 |
[34:21] | Well, time for lunch. | 好了 该吃饭了 |
[34:22] | But your longest stint | 但你时间最长的一次 |
[34:24] | was at the NSA, the National Security Agency. | 是在美国国安局 国家安全局 |
[34:27] | So you actually voted for him? | 那你真的给他投票了 |
[34:28] | Yeah. He’s going to drain the swamp. | 是的 他能让我们摆脱困境 |
[34:30] | Get all those Goldman Sachs people out of the White House. | 把那些高盛的人从白宫赶出去 |
[34:33] | Hey, Scully, did I ever tell you about the time | 史考莉 我跟你说过又一次 |
[34:35] | I found a Sasquatch footprint in the mud? | 我在泥土中找到了大脚怪的脚印 |
[34:38] | Ah, yeah, you did. I’ve heard this before. | 你说过 我听过的 |
[34:40] | It was 35 years ago, about, | 那是大概35年前 |
[34:43] | – on the banks… – It was on the banks | -是在蒙哥阿古古 -是在蒙哥阿古古 |
[34:44] | – of the mighty Mogoagogo River. – of the Mogoagogo River. | -这条河的河岸边 -的河岸边 |
[34:46] | Until about a year ago, | 直到大约一年前 |
[34:48] | when you were committed to a mental institution | 你因精神崩溃 |
[34:51] | because you’d had a nervous breakdown. | 被送入了精神病院 |
[34:53] | Wait… what? | 等等 什么 |
[34:56] | Or perhaps | 又或者 |
[34:58] | it’s merely the culmination of disillusionment of a man | 那只是一个想要用此生为热爱的祖国效力 |
[35:01] | who simply wanted to spend his life in service of the country | 却感觉自己背叛了理想 |
[35:05] | that he loved, but began to feel tormented by the idea | 因此深受折磨 |
[35:07] | that he was betraying its very ideals. | 最终幻灭的表现 |
[35:09] | And so, using information, | 你用的信息 |
[35:11] | apparently gathered through illegal, warrantless wiretaps, | 明显是从非法的 没有搜查令的窃听中获得 |
[35:15] | you escaped into a fantasy where you imagined | 你逃进了自己的幻想中 |
[35:17] | that you joined a team that still did | 在里面你加入了一个团队 |
[35:19] | what America was meant to do: fight for truth and justice. | 做着美国就该做的事 追寻真相和正义 |
[35:27] | – -Or… | 或者 |
[35:27] | I’m from a parallel universe, and I jumped dimensions– | 我是来自平行宇宙的 跳进了多维空间 |
[35:30] | no, that’s stupid. | 还是算了 这太蠢了 |
[35:32] | – Right? – Sorry. | -是吧 -抱歉 |
[35:38] | Well… | 好吧 |
[35:41] | looks like my ride is here. | 我的车好像来了 |
[35:43] | Hey, guys. | 你们好啊 |
[35:46] | Uh, you remember what I said last time | 记不记得上次我说如果想要我 |
[35:47] | about if you wanted me to come along peacefully? | 安静得和你们走 要怎样做 |
[35:49] | Aw, Mr. Murgatroid, it demeans all of us. | 莫格特伊先生 这折辱了所有人 |
[35:53] | No. No, it gives us a touch of classicism. Mm. | 不 是让我们体验一下古典主义风格 |
[35:59] | So you remember how, uh, | 你还记不记得 |
[36:00] | crazy people used to be portrayed | 以前疯子们如何自导自演 |
[36:02] | as thinking they were Napoleon? | 甚至以为自己是拿破仑 |
[36:05] | When did that stop? | 这现象什么时候停止的 |
[36:06] | Maybe it’s another Mengele Effect, right? | 也许又是一次门格勒效应对吧 |
[36:09] | Well, uh, take care, guys. Stay sane. | 保重吧 伙计们 保持清醒 |
[36:12] | And, um, good luck with the rest of your cases. | 祝你之后的案子顺利 |
[36:19] | Reggie. | 瑞吉 |
[36:22] | Our last case together, | 我们最后一个案子 |
[36:25] | what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[36:32] | We found the truth that’s out there. | 我们发现了真相 |
[36:35] | I’d suddenly recalled the Alien at Grenada’s declaration, | 我突然想起那个外星人在格林纳达的声明说 |
[36:37] | that one of his kind would return to Earth 35 years later. | 他的族人会在35年后回到地球 |
[36:41] | Foxy’s crazy intuition of the uncanny led him to figure out | 福克斯令人惊异的直觉让他搞清楚了 |
[36:44] | the location of the visitation. | 这次拜访的地点 |
[36:46] | Scully drove. | 是史考莉开的车 |
[36:47] | There it is! | 就在那 |
[36:57] | Is that what I think it is? | 是我想的那个东西吗 |
[37:03] | It’s the gold record. | 是金唱片 |
[37:06] | Yup. | 是的 |
[37:08] | It’s the Voyager. | 是旅行者 |
[37:09] | What’s left of it. | 都不剩下什么了 |
[37:24] | Greetings, Earthlings. | 你们好 地球人 |
[37:56] | I come before you as a representative | 我代表从已知和未知宇宙而来的 |
[37:59] | of the Intergalactic Union of Sentient Beings | 星际智慧生物联盟组织 |
[38:02] | from All Known Universes and Beyond. | 来到了地球 |
[38:05] | We have been observing your species | 我们已经观察了你们 |
[38:06] | for many, what you call, “Years.” | 按你们的话说 “很多年”了 |
[38:10] | Our study is now complete. | 我们的研究已经完成 |
[38:11] | We no longer wish to have any further contact with you. | 我们不希望再和你们保持任何联系 |
[38:15] | We have returned your music sampler | 我们已经归还你们的音乐取样碟 |
[38:18] | but will no longer tolerate any further efforts on your part | 并且我们不再容忍你们任何想要超越 |
[38:22] | to venture beyond your realm. | 地球领域的尝试 |
[38:24] | We are building a wall. | 我们正在建造隔离带 |
[38:26] | It will be a beautiful, albeit invisible, electromagnetic wall | 尽管你们看不见 但那会是一道美丽的电磁隔离墙 |
[38:31] | that will subatomically incinerate | 它会自动烧毁所有你们试图 |
[38:34] | any probes you attempt to send beyond your solar system. | 发送出太阳系的信号 |
[38:38] | You’re free to explore Uranus all you want. | 你们可以尽情探索天王星 |
[38:41] | But we can’t allow your kind | 但我们不会允许 |
[38:42] | to infiltrate the rest of the cosmos. | 地球人探索宇宙其他地方 |
[38:45] | You’re not sending us your best people. | 你们没有送来你们最好的人 |
[38:48] | You’re bringing drugs. | 你们带来了毒品 |
[38:50] | You’re bringing crime. | 带来了罪恶 |
[38:51] | You’re rapists. | 你们是强奸犯 |
[38:53] | And some, I assume, are good people, | 也许有些好人在 |
[38:57] | but we have no choice. | 但我们毫无选择 |
[38:59] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[39:01] | For although the rest of the galaxies | 虽然银河系的其他地方 |
[39:02] | all have their share of these same problems, | 也都有同样的问题 |
[39:05] | we fear you could infect us with the one trait | 但我们担心你们会用地球上独有的东西 |
[39:08] | that is unique to Earthlings. | 来感染我们 |
[39:10] | You lie. | 你们会撒谎 |
[39:13] | To show there are no hard feelings, | 为了表明我们没有恶意 |
[39:15] | we’ve compiled a compendium of answers to any questions | 我们已经完成了一个答案汇编 |
[39:18] | you might still have regarding… | 里面有你们仍不知晓的所有问题的 |
[39:21] | anything. | 答案 |
[39:32] | Good luck, and good riddance. | 祝你们好运 终于摆脱你们了 |
[39:55] | Bing, bing, bong, bong, bing. | [外星语] |
[40:13] | So that’s the truth? | 所以这就是真相 |
[40:15] | We’re not alone in the universe, | 在宇宙中我们不孤单 |
[40:19] | but nobody likes us? | 但没人喜欢我们 |
[40:20] | It’s okay, Mulder. | 没事的 穆德 |
[40:22] | -There’ll always be more X-Files. -No. | -总会有新的X档案 -不 |
[40:26] | They gave us all the answers to everything. | 他们给了我们所有问题的答案 |
[40:30] | Even Sasquatch. | 甚至野人也有 |
[40:33] | No! It’s not true! | 不 这不是真的 |
[40:36] | It can’t be. | 不可能 |
[40:42] | It’s time to face the facts, guys. | 是时候面对现实了 |
[40:46] | This is the end of the X-Files. | 这是X档案的终结 |
[40:49] | But maybe the point wasn’t to find the truth, | 也许意义并不在于找到真相 |
[40:53] | but to find each other. | 而是我们有了对方 |
[40:55] | For no matter where we go in our lives, | 无论我们将来在哪生活 |
[40:58] | we will always have the memories of our time together, | 我们都有一起走过的美好记忆 |
[41:00] | and no one can take those away | 没人能夺走这些回忆 |
[41:02] | or alter them in such a way to make us doubt | 或修改它们 让我们错误的认为 |
[41:04] | that they actually happened. | 这些并没有发生过 |
[41:06] | Oh, Reggie. | 瑞吉 |
[41:08] | I’ve always… | 我一直… |
[41:11] | Shh.I know. | 我知道 |
[41:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:28] | And as we now know, | 我们现在知道 |
[41:29] | they lived happily ever after. | 他们从此以后幸福地生活在一起了 |
[41:37] | We’ll be sure to come visit you, Reggie. | 我们会去看你的 瑞吉 |
[41:39] | No, you won’t. | 不 你们不会的 |
[41:59] | Where the hell are they taking Reggie? | 他们要把瑞吉带到哪去 |
[42:04] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[42:12] | I see you found your lost episode. | 你找到你丢失的剧集了 |
[42:14] | Turns out it wasn’t a Twilight Zone after all. | 事实证明根本不是《阴阳魔界》 |
[42:16] | It was a knockoff show called The Dusky Realm. | 是个山寨剧叫《昏暗之域》 |
[42:25] | Which is now lost for the ages. | 现在彻底的不存在了 |
[42:28] | Couldn’t find anything to set it in, so I used your… | 找不到什么东西装 所以我用了 |
[42:32] | Bigfoot impression as a mold. – | 你的大脚怪脚当模具 |
[42:41] | Oh, no, wait, you first. | 等等 你先 |
[42:43] | It could be the lemon-lime. | 这可能是青柠味 |
[42:44] | But– yeah… | 但 |
[43:10] | I want to remember how it was. | 我想记住它以前的样子 |
[43:18] | I want to remember how it all was. | 我想记住一切原本的样子 |