时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I have a special treat for y’all today. | 今天有个特别的小礼物给大家 |
[00:04] | My dear friend and former college roommate is here | 我的好友兼以前同事 |
[00:07] | from the Johnson Space Center in Houston | 从休士顿的约翰逊航天中心来这里 |
[00:09] | to talk to us about our space program. | 跟我们大家聊聊我国的太空计划 |
[00:11] | And yeah, I know what you’re thinking. | 是的 我知道你们都在想什么 |
[00:13] | These guys were roomies. | 这两个人曾是室友 |
[00:15] | How does one go on to be a…. | 怎么会一个就变成了… |
[00:16] | a fancy scientist at NASA, | 太空总署的酷炫科学家 |
[00:19] | and the other’s teaching freshman science | 而另一个人在教高一科学 |
[00:21] | at a public high school? | 而且还是在公立学校里教 |
[00:24] | Yeah, Sheldon. | 怎么了 谢尔顿 |
[00:25] | I was thinking that. | 我刚才就在想这个 |
[00:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:30] | All right, uh, let’s give a warm welcome | 好的 让我们用热烈的掌声 |
[00:32] | to my good buddy, Dr. Ronald Hodges. | 欢迎我的好兄弟 罗纳尔多·霍奇斯博士 |
[00:36] | Hey, kids. Hey. Glad to be here. | 孩子们 大家好啊 很高兴来到这里 |
[00:39] | And, uh, Hubert, the answer to your question is, | 回答一下休伯特你的问题 |
[00:41] | one of those roomies was busy studying | 其中一个室友忙着读书 |
[00:43] | while the other was out chasing high school girls. | 而另一个室友忙着泡高中妹 |
[00:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[00:49] | To be clear, they were all over 18. | 我澄清一下 那些姑娘都满18岁了 |
[00:52] | Yeah. Well… | 这个嘛… |
[00:54] | Now, what I thought would be fun to talk about today | 来 我觉得今天可以聊的比较有趣的东西 |
[00:57] | is what NASA’s planning on doing beyond the space shuttle. | 是太空总署除了太空梭之外的计划 |
[01:00] | Things like the first manned mission to Mars. | 比如首个上火星的载人航天任务 |
[01:04] | Uh, yeah. | 你说 |
[01:05] | Did you see the movie Aliens? | 你看了电影《异形》吗 |
[01:07] | I did. | 看了 |
[01:08] | Did you think it was cool? | 你觉得那电影酷吗 |
[01:13] | Sure, I enjoyed it. | 算吧 我看得挺开心 |
[01:15] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[01:17] | Football player, right? | 打橄榄球的吧 |
[01:18] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[01:21] | Now, of course, before | 好 但首先呢 |
[01:23] | we can set out to explore the solar system, | 在我们出发去探索太阳系之前 |
[01:26] | we’ve got a few minor problems to overcome. | 有几个小问题我们得先克服 |
[01:28] | Not the least of which is, every time we launch, | 比方说 首先呢 每一次发射 |
[01:31] | it costs the U.S. Taxpayers | 都要花掉美国纳税人民 |
[01:32] | hundreds of millions of dollars. | 上亿美元的税金 |
[01:35] | Oh, no, no, no. | 别 别 别啊 |
[01:37] | – Yes. – If you want to save money, | -你说 -如果你想省钱 |
[01:39] | why don’t you land the booster rockets | 为什么不把助推火箭降落回收 |
[01:41] | instead of letting them drop in the ocean? | 而是随它们降进大海里去呢 |
[01:45] | That’s a cute idea, | 这主意挺有意思 |
[01:46] | but, uh, it’s not technically possible. | 但技术上来说不可能 |
[01:48] | Why not? | 为什么不可能 |
[01:51] | Well, it’s hard to explain. | 这很难解释 |
[01:54] | The math is pretty complicated. | 这其中牵扯到很复杂的数学 |
[01:55] | Perhaps I could help you with it. | 说不定我能帮你算算呢 |
[01:59] | Well, I bet you could. | 我相信你肯定行 |
[02:02] | I’ll bet you could. | 你肯定行啦 |
[02:03] | I’ll tell you what. Here is a NASA patch. | 这样吧 这是个太空总署布贴 |
[02:06] | Why don’t you have your mom sew that on your book bag? | 带回家让你妈妈缝到你书包上吧 |
[02:09] | Now, who here wants to know how astronauts go to the bathroom? | 有谁想要知道太空人怎么上厕所的 |
[02:13] | – Me. I do. – Oh, right. | -我 我想知道 -好 |
[02:14] | See, now, during liftoff, | 其实呢 火箭升空时 |
[02:15] | all the astronauts wear diapers. | 所有的太空人都穿尿布 |
[02:18] | People often wonder why I chose | 很多人常会寻思为什么 |
[02:20] | to pursue a career in theoretical physics. | 我选择进理论物理学这一领域 |
[02:23] | I usually respond by saying | 我通常都会回答 |
[02:26] | I wanted to unravel the inner workings of the universe. | 我想要揭开宇宙万物运转的核心奥秘 |
[02:29] | Yeah, perhaps when Captain Kirk said, “To boldly go,” | 所以或许当柯克舰长在剧里说”勇敢前进[大便]” |
[02:32] | he meant in one of those, huh? | 或许指的是勇敢拉一泡 |
[02:35] | But the real answer was | 但其实真实的原因是 |
[02:36] | I wanted to prove this nincompoop wrong. | 我想要证明这个猪头三错了 |
[02:40] | Yeah, that’s right. Beam me up, Potty! | 说不定剧里那句是”传送我吧 屎[史]考提” |
[02:42] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:45] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:48] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:50] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:53] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:00] | So I saw a lawyer today. | 我今天见了个律师 |
[03:02] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:03] | I’m putting together my last will and testament. | 我在安排我的临终遗嘱 |
[03:06] | We’re gonna miss ya. | 我们会想你的 |
[03:07] | George. | 乔治 |
[03:08] | Don’t worry. I ain’t leaving him squat. | 没事 我屁都不会留给他 |
[03:11] | Are you dyin’? | 你要死了吗 |
[03:12] | We’re all dyin’, honey. | 我们都会死啊 亲爱的 |
[03:13] | From the second we’re born, | 从我们出生的那一刻起 |
[03:15] | it’s just a slip and slide into the darkness. | 就在慢慢滑向死亡的深渊 |
[03:17] | Unless you get bit by a vampire. | 除非你被吸血鬼咬了 |
[03:19] | Well, now that goes without saying. | 那个还用说吗 |
[03:24] | I don’t want to die. I’ve only kissed one boy so far. | 我不想死 我才亲过一个男生而已呢 |
[03:27] | What? | 什么 |
[03:28] | Relax. It was a long time ago. | 别紧张 是很久以前的事了 |
[03:31] | Are you relaxed? | 你放心了吗 |
[03:34] | Shelly, you haven’t touched your dinner. | 谢利 你晚饭一口都还没吃 |
[03:36] | You feel okay? | 你没事吧 |
[03:38] | Oh, yes. I was just thinking. | 没事 我只是在想事情 |
[03:40] | About what, baby? | 想什么呢 宝贝 |
[03:41] | The optimal height-to-width ratio for a reusable rocket. | 可回收再利用的火箭的最佳高度与宽度比 |
[03:46] | I was just thinking the exact same thing. | 我刚才也在想这件事呢 |
[03:49] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:50] | Oh, Moonpie, I love you so much. | 小饼饼 我真是爱死你了 |
[04:15] | It’s late. What are you doing up? | 很晚了 你不睡在干嘛 |
[04:17] | I’m working on the hyperbolic calculations for a rocket return. | 我正在做火箭回收降落时的双曲线计算 |
[04:21] | Need any help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[04:23] | What? | 什么 |
[04:24] | I’m kiddin’. | 开玩笑的 |
[04:26] | Now, turn out the light and go to bed. | 关灯上床睡吧 |
[04:28] | – But… – Now. | -可是… -快去 |
[04:34] | Dad, can we afford a computer? | 爸爸 我们买得起电脑吗 |
[04:37] | You do my taxes. What do you think? | 我的税务是你在弄的 你觉得呢 |
[04:39] | Never mind. | 那没事了 |
[04:41] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[05:13] | Meemaw? | 姥姥 |
[05:17] | Mr. Moonpie, how might I help you? | 小饼饼先生 有何能为你效劳 |
[05:20] | How much money are you planning to leave me when you die? | 您去世后准备留下多少钱给我 |
[05:23] | Nice talkin’ to you. | 有缘再相会 |
[05:27] | Meemaw? | 姥姥 |
[05:30] | Want to try that again? | 要重新修改你的用词吗 |
[05:31] | I need to buy a computer | 我想要买台电脑 |
[05:32] | so I can solve the Navier-Stokes equation. | 好解出纳维-斯托克斯方程 |
[05:35] | Uh-huh. How much is a computer? | 那一台电脑多少钱 |
[05:38] | Apple has a nice one for $2,000, | 苹果有一台不错的要两千块 |
[05:40] | but the kind I need costs three million. | 但我需要的那种要三百万 |
[05:44] | Let me see what I got in the vault. | 让我看看我小金库里有多少钱 |
[05:50] | Nine bucks and, uh… | 9块钱外加… |
[05:56] | Oh, look at that– a peso. | 瞧瞧 是墨西哥披索 |
[06:00] | It’s warm. | 还带着体温 |
[06:09] | Hello, First National Bank. | 您好 第一国家银行 |
[06:11] | I’d like to speak with a loan officer. | 我想要跟一位信贷员谈谈 |
[06:13] | It’s regarding a second mortgage on my home. | 是跟我家屋子的二次抵押有关 |
[06:16] | My name is Sheldon Lee Cooper. | 我的名字叫谢尔顿·李·库珀 |
[06:19] | Sure, I’ll hold. | 好 我可以等 |
[06:21] | Oh, I hate hold music. | 我讨厌死等待铃声了 |
[06:24] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:25] | Yes, you can help me, Dorothy Fitzpatrick. | 是的 你能帮到我 桃乐丝·菲茨帕特里克 |
[06:28] | I’m interested in taking out a second mortgage. | 我有兴趣将房子二次抵押 |
[06:31] | I’m nine years old. Why do you ask? | 我9岁 为什么这么问 |
[06:34] | That’s called age discrimination, Dorothy, | 你这是年龄歧视 桃乐丝 |
[06:37] | but I’m willing to let it slide. | 但我大人不记小人过 |
[06:40] | I’m glad you find me cute, but I’m deadly serious. | 你觉得我可爱是好事 但我是认真的 |
[06:44] | I need funds to buy a computer. | 我需要资金来买电脑 |
[06:46] | No, the house isn’t in my name. | 不 房子不是在我名下 |
[06:48] | I’m nine. We’ve established this. | 我9岁 我们已经确认过这件事了 |
[06:51] | I do prepare the taxes for my parents, | 但我父母的税都是我在帮忙报的 |
[06:53] | and if we tighten our belts, | 如果我们勒紧裤带 |
[06:54] | we’ll have sufficient equity for the loan. | 抵押资产的净值足够我们申请贷款 |
[06:57] | Sheldon, who are you talking to? | 谢尔顿你在跟谁说话 |
[06:59] | Dorothy Fitzpatrick. | 桃乐丝·菲茨帕特里克 |
[07:00] | Who’s Dorothy Fitzpatrick? | 桃乐丝·菲茨帕特里克是谁 |
[07:02] | Is she a new buddy from school? | 是你学校新认识的女同学吗 |
[07:04] | She’s the loan officer at The First National Bank of Medford. | 她是梅德福第一国家银行的信贷员 |
[07:07] | Why are you talking to her? | 你为什么在跟她说话 |
[07:08] | Mom, can this wait? | 妈 能等会儿在说吗 |
[07:10] | I’m trying to negotiate favorable terms. | 我在跟她谈有利条件呢 |
[07:12] | Hello. Dorothy? | 还在吗 桃乐丝 |
[07:19] | Hey, how come you weren’t in math class? | 你怎么没去上数学课 |
[07:22] | That guy from NASA treated me like a child, | 太空总署来的那个人把我当小孩对待 |
[07:25] | and I need to prove him wrong. | 我要证明他是错的 |
[07:27] | You are a child. | 你就是个小孩啊 |
[07:28] | Tread lightly, my friend. | 小心说话啊 朋友 |
[07:31] | Was Ms. Ingram upset I wasn’t in class? | 英格拉姆女士有因为我翘课不高兴吗 |
[07:33] | Actually, she was happy. | 她其实挺高兴呢 |
[07:35] | She even did a little dance. | 她还手足舞蹈了一会儿 |
[07:37] | Do you know anybody with a modem? | 你知道谁那里有路由器吗 |
[07:38] | I think Radio Shack has one. Why? | 睿侠电器行应该有 怎么了 |
[07:41] | I need to access thrust-to-weight ratios | 我需要进约翰逊航天中心的 |
[07:43] | from the FTP server at the Johnson Space Center. | ftp服务器来得到推力重量比数据 |
[07:46] | Then what? | 之后呢 |
[07:47] | Then I show that guy from NASA my work | 给太空总署的那人看我的计算啊 |
[07:49] | and laugh as he begs for mercy. | 然后嘲笑在我面前俯首称臣的他 |
[07:52] | You know, sometimes you sound like a super villain. | 有时候你说话像个邪恶魔王 |
[07:54] | Silence! | 安静 |
[07:56] | That’ll be more effective after your voice changes. | 等你长大变声后再说会比较有用 |
[08:02] | Silence. | 安静 |
[08:04] | Mom, can you take me to Radio Shack? | 妈 你能带我去睿侠电器行吗 |
[08:07] | Not today, baby. | 今天不行 |
[08:08] | I have to go food shopping and get dinner started. | 我得先去买菜然后开始做晚饭 |
[08:11] | But it’s important. | 但我有重要的事 |
[08:13] | Sorry. Maybe over the weekend. | 对不起啦 等周末看看吧 |
[08:16] | But it won’t take that long. | 但我用不了多少时间啊 |
[08:17] | Sheldon, I said no. | 谢尔顿 我说了不行 |
[08:19] | – But, Mom… – Not another word. | -妈 -不许再说 |
[08:23] | What? | 笑什么 |
[08:24] | Can’t I just be happy? | 我穷开心不行吗 |
[08:30] | Mom, please! | 妈妈 拜托了 |
[08:31] | Sheldon Lee, I said no. | 谢尔顿·李 我说了不行 |
[08:33] | I’m still happy. | 我还在开心呢 |
[08:37] | Please, Mom! You’re being unfair! | 求你了 妈 你这样很不公平 |
[08:39] | – No. – But I really need those thrust-to-weight ratios. | -还是不行 -但我真的很需要推重比数据 |
[08:42] | Do you see I’m cookin’? | 你没看到我在做饭吗 |
[08:43] | Well, take me after dinner. | 那晚饭后带我去嘛 |
[08:45] | Enough! I’m not takin’ you anywhere tonight. | 别再说了 今晚我哪里都不会带你去 |
[08:49] | I’m not proud of it, | 我并不引以为豪 |
[08:50] | but as a child, I was prone… | 我小时候 曾经也… |
[08:53] | to the occasional meltdown. | 偶尔会气到爆炸 |
[08:55] | Cheese and crackers! | 香蕉你个大西瓜 |
[08:57] | I’m sorry you had to hear that. | 抱歉让你听到这污言秽语 |
[09:03] | All right, I finally got him calmed down. | 好啦 我终于把他安抚好了 |
[09:06] | How’d you manage that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[09:07] | Easy. Gave him a hug and a little cough syrup. | 很简单 给他个拥抱再喂一点感冒糖浆 |
[09:11] | Mom! | 妈 |
[09:11] | It’s not like he’s operating heavy machinery. | 他又不用操作重型机械 嗜睡没事的 |
[09:14] | We can’t keep putting up with this behavior. | 我们不能让他这么闹下去 |
[09:17] | – We need to ground him. – How? | -我们得禁足他 -怎么禁足 |
[09:18] | If you say “No playing outside,” | 你跟他说”不许你出去玩了” |
[09:20] | he says, “Thank you.” | 他会说”谢谢” |
[09:21] | Well, we need to do something. | 我们总得管教他吧 |
[09:23] | It’s just a tantrum. It’s what kids do. | 就是闹脾气嘛 孩子都会这样 |
[09:25] | You used to punish me all the time. | 你以前整天处罚我啊 |
[09:27] | That was different. You were a pain in the ass. | 那不一样 你当年就是欠揍 |
[09:30] | I say no Radio Shack for at least a month. | 要不一个月不许去睿侠电器行 |
[09:32] | Sounds fair. | 我看行 |
[09:33] | I’ll go tell him. | 我去跟他说吧 |
[09:35] | I’d wait and tell him tomorrow. | 要我就会等到明天再说 |
[09:36] | He’s a little loopy right now. | 他现在有点昏沉 |
[09:43] | Good night. | 晚安啦 |
[09:45] | She drugged our son. | 她用药弄晕了我们儿子 |
[09:47] | Thus began the longest month of my life. | 之后开始了我人生最漫长的一个月 |
[09:53] | Without the ability to access the thrust-to-weight ratios, | 失去了得到推重比数据的能力 |
[09:57] | my well-intended effort to humiliate a NASA scientist | 我周密的羞辱太空总署科学家大计 |
[10:00] | ground to a halt. | 受到了严重阻碍 |
[10:01] | Mom. | 妈 |
[10:02] | Uh… what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[10:04] | Something’s wrong with Sheldon. | 谢尔顿好像不舒服 |
[10:09] | What’s the matter, baby? Have a tummy ache? | 怎么啦 儿子 肚子疼吗 |
[10:11] | I think it’s an ulcer. | 有可能是胃溃疡 |
[10:13] | Don’t be silly. | 别犯傻了 |
[10:14] | – You must have eaten something. – No. | -你肯定是吃错什么了 -才不是 |
[10:16] | My symptoms are consistent with an ulcer. | 我的症状符合胃溃疡的病徴 |
[10:19] | Shelly, remember when you thought you had leprosy, | 谢利 还记得你以为自己得了麻风病 |
[10:21] | and it was just a patch of dry skin? | 结果只是有块皮肤有点干吗 |
[10:23] | And when you thought you had gout? Or an enlarged prostate? | 还有你以为自己得了痛风 或前列腺肿大 |
[10:26] | Or mad cow? | 还有疯牛症 |
[10:27] | That was my favorite. | 那次是我的最爱 |
[10:29] | Well, this is different. | 这次真的不一样 |
[10:32] | Maybe we should take him to the doctor. | 或许我们该带他去看医生 |
[10:35] | Listen to your wife– ulcers are serious. | 听你老婆的话啊 胃溃疡是很严重的 |
[10:39] | Well, I’ve never seen this in someone so young, | 我从没在这么小的病人身上看到 |
[10:42] | but, uh, your son has an ulcer. | 但你儿子的确是得了胃溃疡 |
[10:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:47] | How could this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[10:48] | Uh, there are a number of factors. | 有好几个可能因素 |
[10:50] | Has he been under some unusual stress lately? | 他最近有遭受什么特殊的压力吗 |
[10:54] | Yes. She won’t take me to Radio Shack. | 有 她不带我去睿侠电器行 |
[10:57] | Go wait outside. | 去外面等 |
[10:58] | I’ve heard some interesting research | 我听过一些有趣的研究 |
[11:00] | about treating ulcers with antimicrobials. | 说用抗菌剂可以治胃溃疡 |
[11:02] | Go. | 出去 |
[11:05] | And you’re surprised I have an ulcer. | 你还好意思惊讶我得胃溃疡 |
[11:07] | I’m surprised I don’t have one. | 我还惊讶我为什么没得呢 |
[11:11] | Um, Radio Shack? | 睿侠电器行是怎么回事 |
[11:13] | He’s trying to figure out how to help NASA land rockets. | 他想算出怎么帮忙太空总署回收火箭 |
[11:16] | Oh. Well, that’s a nice thing. | 这挺不错的啊 |
[11:18] | He’s just doing it out of spite. | 但他是为了报仇才这么做 |
[11:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:22] | Well, keep him off spicy foods for the time being, | 这段期间别让他吃辣的食物 |
[11:25] | and I’ll write you a prescription for Zantac. | 我再给你开胃溃疡药的处方签 |
[11:27] | Does he smoke? | 他抽烟吗 |
[11:29] | ‘Course not. He’s nine. | 当然不抽 他才9岁 |
[11:31] | I started at his age. | 我在他这年纪就开始抽了 |
[11:33] | Uh, but only when I drank. | 但只有在我喝酒时才抽 |
[11:37] | What the…? | 什么… |
[11:43] | Sheldon! What are you doing? | 谢尔顿 你在干嘛 |
[11:44] | I just need a minute. These things are so slow. | 给我一分钟就好 这玩意太慢了 |
[11:49] | Is this your family? | 这是你的家人吗 |
[11:51] | They’re lovely. | 感觉人都好棒 |
[11:59] | – Mom. – What? | -妈妈 -怎么了 |
[12:01] | There’s something wrong with Sheldon again. | 谢尔顿又有毛病了 |
[12:03] | I figured it out! | 我算出来了 |
[12:04] | I figured it out! | 我算出来了 |
[12:06] | One night. | 一晚 |
[12:07] | I want to sleep one night. | 我就想好好睡一晚 |
[12:11] | Oh. Hi, Mom. | 妈 你来啦 |
[12:13] | Hi there. | 大家好 |
[12:15] | 作文本 火箭重返大气层与反推进 由 谢尔顿·李·库珀著 1989年11月9号 | |
[12:16] | ♪ I’m on my way, I’m making it… ♪ | ♪ 我在路上 成功的路上 ♪ |
[12:18] | With my research complete | 我的研究告一段落 |
[12:20] | and my ulcer on the mend, | 胃溃疡也在好转中 |
[12:22] | all that was left to do was send my work to NASA | 剩下的就是把我的作品送到太空总署 |
[12:25] | and wait to become America’s scientific sweetheart. | 坐等成为美国科学界人见人爱小甜心 |
[12:29] | ♪ And I will walk through the front door ♪ | ♪ 我会从大门走入 ♪ |
[12:31] | ♪ Big time… ♪ | ♪ 发达 ♪ |
[12:32] | So I waited… | 于是我等呀等 |
[12:34] | ♪ Make it show, yeah ♪ | ♪ 得表现出来 ♪ |
[12:35] | ♪ Big time. ♪ | ♪ 发达 ♪ |
[12:38] | …and waited… | 等呀等 |
[12:39] | ♪ Big time. ♪ | ♪ 发达 ♪ |
[12:42] | …and waited… | 等呀等 |
[12:54] | …and waited. | 等呀等 |
[12:58] | ♪ Big. ♪ | ♪ 发达 ♪ |
[12:59] | Something’s wrong with Sheldon again. | 谢尔顿又有毛病了 |
[13:01] | Now what? | 又怎么了 |
[13:02] | Those people at NASA never responded to his science stuff. | 太空总署的那些人一直没给他的成果回信 |
[13:05] | Damn it. I’ve had enough of this. | 靠 我真是受够了 |
[13:08] | Sheldon, get up. | 谢尔顿 起来 |
[13:10] | What’s the point? | 起来有何意义 |
[13:13] | We’re going to Houston. | 我们去休士顿 |
[13:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:17] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[13:18] | You and me are gonna give those space monkeys | 你跟我一起去给这些太空猴子 |
[13:20] | a little talkin’ to. | 好好上一课 |
[13:23] | I often found my father to be | 我时常觉得我父亲 |
[13:25] | a strange and puzzling man, | 是个奇怪又令人不解的男人 |
[13:27] | but at that moment, I never loved him more. | 但在那一刻 我从未如此爱过他 |
[13:38] | I don’t see why I couldn’t stay home. | 为什么我不能待在家啊 |
[13:40] | ‘Cause we’re having a fun family outin’. | 因为我们要来一次快乐家庭出游 |
[13:43] | Can I at least drive? | 好歹让我开车吧 |
[13:44] | She said fun, not tragic. | 你妈是说快乐 不是快死 |
[13:47] | Let’s go to the ostrich farm. | 我们去那个鸵鸟园吧 |
[13:49] | Cool. | 太酷了 |
[13:50] | We can ride ’em, and then we can eat ’em. | 我们可以骑着它们遛几圈 再宰了吃 |
[13:52] | We’re not stopping anywhere. | 我们哪儿都不停 |
[13:53] | We’re going to Houston to straighten this thing out for your brother, | 直接去休斯顿把你弟弟的事儿整明白 |
[13:56] | then we’re going home. | 然后就回家 |
[13:57] | Shelly, you doing okay? | 谢利 你还好吧 |
[13:59] | Yes. I just hope I don’t get carsick. | 还好 但愿我不会晕车 |
[14:02] | You want Daddy to pull over? | 想让爸爸停一会儿吗 |
[14:04] | I’ll be okay. | 我没事的 |
[14:07] | Oh, God, it’s on my shoes, it’s on my shoes! | 天啊 他吐到我鞋子上了 我的鞋上 |
[14:10] | For Pete’s sake, somebody open a window. | 老天爷啊 谁来开个窗 |
[14:22] | Yeah, I don’t mean to be rude, | 我无意冒犯 |
[14:23] | but we’ve been waitin’ for an hour to see your boss. | 不过我们等见你上司已经一小时了 |
[14:25] | I’m sorry, sir, | 对不起 先生 |
[14:26] | but you didn’t have an appointment. | 你们没有预约就来了 |
[14:28] | We didn’t have an appointment ’cause every time I called, | 我们没有预约的原因是每次我打来 |
[14:29] | you put me on hold. | 你就会让我稍候 |
[14:31] | I’m sure Dr. Hodges’ll see you as soon as he can. | 我确信霍奇斯博士会尽快见你们的 |
[14:38] | – So, what do you want to do? – I don’t know. | -你打算怎么办 -我也不知道 |
[14:40] | I guess we just got to be patient and wait… | 只能耐心等着… |
[14:42] | Aw, screw it! | 管他那么多 |
[14:44] | Excuse me, sir, you can’t just… | 抱歉 先生 你不能就这样… |
[14:46] | All right, here’s the deal. | 你给我听好了 |
[14:47] | My kid’s got a damn ulcer ’cause of you, | 我的孩子因为你患上了胃溃疡 |
[14:49] | so either you take him seriously, | 所以你要么认真对待他 |
[14:51] | or you’re gonna be taking me seriously. | 要么就想想怎么对付我 |
[14:55] | Yes, sir? | 请吩咐 先生 |
[14:56] | Janice, why don’t you send the little boy in? | 珍妮丝 不如请那位小伙子进来吧 |
[14:59] | Right away. | 快快有请 |
[15:03] | He’ll see you now. | 他可以见你了 |
[15:06] | You’re up, Moonpie. | 到你了 小饼饼 |
[15:16] | And here… | 在这个阶段 |
[15:17] | near apogee, we gimbal the engine | 火箭靠近远地点时 利用万向节 |
[15:19] | to exert a torque | 驱动发动机施加转矩 |
[15:21] | that executes a pitchover maneuver | 执行重力转向机动 |
[15:23] | to flip the rocket by 180 degrees. | 将火箭翻转180度 |
[15:26] | Well, that’s very impressive. | 你的成果很了不起 |
[15:30] | Thank you very much for taking the time… | 感谢你抽出时间… |
[15:31] | I’m not done. | 我还没讲完 |
[15:34] | Uh… sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:36] | Needless to say, | 不用说 |
[15:37] | we use a P.I.D. Controller to minimize the dispersions | 我们必须使用比例-积分-微分控制器来尽量减少 |
[15:41] | to the landing site. | 着陆点的散布范围 |
[15:44] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[15:45] | Yes. I’d like a glass of water. | 有 我想喝水 |
[15:48] | It’s time to take my Zantac. | 我该吃胃溃疡药了 |
[15:56] | He’s been in there quite a while. | 他进去好一会儿了 |
[15:57] | Well, if the topic is science, | 只要话题关乎科学 |
[15:59] | he can be a really Chatty Patty. | 他就是个小话唠 |
[16:01] | I’m bored. | 无聊死了 |
[16:02] | Me, too. | 我也觉得 |
[16:04] | Someday somebody’s gonna write a book about Sheldon. | 未来会有人给谢尔顿写本书 |
[16:07] | Don’t you want there to be a chapter | 你们不想看到里面某个章节 |
[16:09] | about how loving and supportive you two were? | 写你们俩是多有爱地支持他吗 |
[16:13] | Doesn’t matter. I ain’t reading it. | 我无所谓 反正我也不会看 |
[16:18] | This is groundbreaking work. | 你的成果极具开创性 |
[16:20] | Thank you. And…? | 谢谢 还有呢 |
[16:22] | And…? | 还有什么 |
[16:23] | I thought you might want to apologize. | 我以为你会想道歉 |
[16:26] | Why? | 为什么要道歉 |
[16:28] | You tried to shut me up with a patch. | 你想用一个布贴让我闭嘴 |
[16:31] | Well… I-I give those to everyone. | 我… 我见人就送布贴 |
[16:33] | A-And you have to understand, Sheldon, | 还有你得明白 谢尔顿 |
[16:35] | that while your math is-is theoretically correct, | 虽然你的计算在理论上是正确的 |
[16:39] | we don’t have the technical capability to execute it. | 但是我们没有技术能力来执行它 |
[16:42] | So I’m ahead of my time? | 所以我走在时代前头了吗 |
[16:44] | Well… it would appear so. | 看来是这样 |
[16:48] | All right, call me when you catch up. | 好吧 等你们水平赶上来再联系我 |
[16:52] | We can go now. | 我们可以走了 |
[17:06] | I’ve often contemplated what might have happened | 我时常深思 如果那一天我父亲 |
[17:09] | if my father hadn’t stuck up for me that day. | 没有为我挺身而出 一切会变成什么样 |
[17:12] | Would I have gone on to become | 我会继续在科学道路上前行 |
[17:13] | a world-class theoretical physicist, | 成为世界级的理论物理学家 |
[17:16] | or just your average Joe Sixpack theoretical physicist? | 还是那种平庸的蓝领理论物理学家 |
[17:19] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[17:20] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[17:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[17:25] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[17:29] | We’re real proud of you, honey. | 我们为你骄傲 亲爱的 |
[17:33] | – Are you proud of me and Georgie? – Of course. | -你们也为我和小乔治骄傲吗 -当然了 |
[17:35] | You bet. | 当然 |
[17:36] | For what? | 骄傲什么 |
[17:38] | Don’t go pokin’ at it. | 见好就收吧 |
[17:55] | For the first time, | 史上第一次 |
[17:56] | SpaceX has successfully landed its Falcon 9 rocket | 太空探索技术公司研发的”猎鹰9″火箭 |
[17:59] | on a drone ship in the Atlantic Ocean. | 成功返回着陆于大西洋上的无人降落台 |
[18:08] | SpaceX founder Elon Musk called the event | 其公司创始人埃隆·马斯克称这次着陆 |
[18:10] | an “Incredible milestone in the history of space.” | 为”太空史上令人难以置信的里程碑” |
[18:21] | Elon, the CNN reporter’s here to talk to you. | 埃隆 CNN记者到了 |
[18:23] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[18:28] | Send him in. | 请他进来 |