时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | First off, I want to thank you both for coming. | 首先 谢谢两位抽空过来 |
[00:04] | Yeah, yeah, what’d he do? | 行了行了 他又做什么了 |
[00:06] | Uh, he didn’t do anything. | 他没有做什么啊 |
[00:08] | Gosh, Tom, I want to believe you. | 天啊 汤姆 我也想信你这话 |
[00:12] | Okay, the problem is, the curriculum here | 好吧 问题就是 对谢尔顿来说 |
[00:14] | is not challenging enough for Sheldon. | 我们的课程不够有挑战性 |
[00:16] | Now, he gets bored | 现在他觉得没意思了 |
[00:17] | and maybe doesn’t express himself | 而且或许他没有用最有效的方式 |
[00:21] | in the most productive way. | 来表达自己的意见 |
[00:22] | And so the square of sine plus cosine equals one. | 所以sin2 + cos = 1 |
[00:28] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[00:29] | I don’t want to embarrass you, | 我不想让您难堪 |
[00:30] | so I’m going to give you a moment | 所以我给您点时间 |
[00:32] | to think about what you just said. | 自己想想您刚才说的话 |
[00:35] | Ms. MacElroy. | 马克艾罗伊女士 |
[00:37] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:38] | I’m wondering if you read the book you assigned to us, | 我很好奇您有没有读过您给我们的指定读物 |
[00:40] | because I did. | 因为我读了 |
[00:42] | 20 laps. | 跑20圈 |
[00:47] | Cooper. | 库珀 |
[00:48] | If you’re going to ask us to run, | 如果您要叫我们跑步 |
[00:50] | don’t you think you should lead by example? | 您是不是该自己带头以身作则 |
[00:56] | So you’re saying he’s being rude to his teachers? | 你的意思是他对老师没礼貌吗 |
[00:58] | That’s unacceptable. I’ll-I’ll give him a talkin’ to. | 这可不行 我们会找他谈谈 |
[01:01] | I don’t know if I’d call him rude. | 我不知道是不是该说他没礼貌 |
[01:02] | Well, put a word on it. | 那该怎么说 |
[01:04] | Rude, let’s go with rude. | 没礼貌 就称为没礼貌吧 |
[01:06] | Rude is good. | 没礼貌这词就行 |
[01:07] | So what do you want us to do? | 那你想我们怎么做 |
[01:09] | I want you to consider another approach to his education. | 我想让你们考虑下给他换种教育方式 |
[01:13] | – Okay. – What does that mean? | -好吧 -这是什么意思 |
[01:14] | I recently had a nice chat with the head | 我最近刚好跟 |
[01:16] | of Wilmot Academy for Gifted Children. | 威尔莫特天才学院的校长谈过 |
[01:19] | Now, I told her all about Sheldon, and she seemed to think | 我跟她说了谢尔顿的事 她好像觉得 |
[01:21] | he would be a perfect fit over there. | 谢尔顿非常适合到他们学校就读 |
[01:25] | We already looked into private school. | 我们已经看过私立学校了 |
[01:27] | We can’t afford it. | 我们承担不起学费 |
[01:28] | – Not unless you’re giving me a raise. – I’m not. | -除非你给我加薪 -没这打算 |
[01:30] | Okay, just checking. | 好吧 我就问问 |
[01:33] | But I can tell you this. | 不过我可以告诉你们 |
[01:34] | Wilmot has been known | 众所周知威尔莫特 |
[01:36] | to give children like Sheldon full scholarship. | 会为像谢尔顿这样的孩子提供全额奖学金 |
[01:39] | Take a look at that. | 你们看看 |
[01:40] | – My goodness. – No kidding. | -我的天啊 -真的假的 |
[01:41] | Yeah, just read up on it. | 你们好好看看 |
[01:43] | Give it some thought. | 认真考虑一下吧 |
[01:45] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[01:47] | This place is in Dallas; that’s three hours away. | 这学校在达拉斯 离这里三小时车程呢 |
[01:50] | Well, yeah, but, uh, | 是啦 不过… |
[01:52] | what they do in cases like yours, | 像你们这样的案例 |
[01:54] | they look for a local family for him to live with. | 他们会帮忙找一户当地家庭给他提供寄宿 |
[01:56] | And, George, Dallas? | 乔治 达拉斯呢 |
[01:58] | Dallas is certainly close enough | 达拉斯的距离够近 |
[01:59] | that he can come home on the weekends. | 他每周末都可以回家过啊 |
[02:03] | Look, we appreciate you going to bat for him, | 我们很感谢你们为他如此费心 |
[02:05] | but he’s just a wee little thing. | 但他就是个小孩子 |
[02:08] | We can’t ship him off to Dallas. | 我们怎么能把他送去达拉斯 |
[02:09] | Shouldn’t we talk about this first? | 我们不应该先谈过再决定吗 |
[02:11] | What’s there to talk about, George? | 有什么好谈的啊 乔治 |
[02:13] | This could be a great opportunity for Sheldon. | 这或许是对谢尔顿很好的机会呢 |
[02:15] | He’s nine years old. | 他才9岁 |
[02:17] | Oh, come on, you can’t measure him in Earth years. | 那又如何 他又不能用地球年算岁数 |
[02:19] | You’re saying he’s an alien? | 你在说他是外星人吗 |
[02:22] | Well, in George’s defense, | 我帮乔治说句话 |
[02:22] | that idea has been tossed around… | 大家也不是没这么想过… |
[02:26] | a little bit. | 就一两次啦 |
[02:27] | That’s a bad joke. | 烂笑话 |
[02:28] | Look, I understand this is a big decision. | 我能理解这是很大的决定 |
[02:31] | If you change your mind, give me a call. | 如果你们改变主意了 就打给我 |
[02:33] | I’d be more than happy to set up an interview. | 我很乐意为你们去安排个面试 |
[02:36] | – Uh, yeah. Thank you. – You bet. | -谢了 -不客气 |
[02:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:42] | Maybe you all are the aliens. | 或许你们才是外星人 |
[02:49] | I love my job. | 我爱我的工作 |
[02:54] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:57] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[03:00] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[03:02] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:05] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:12] | Well, I don’t understand how you could turn this down. | 我不知道你们怎么舍得拒绝不去 |
[03:14] | This place looks fantastic. | 那学校看起来很赞啊 |
[03:16] | It’s 200 miles away, Mom. | 在320公里外呢 妈 |
[03:18] | I know where Dallas is. | 我知道达拉斯在哪里 |
[03:20] | I used to buy my marijuana there. | 我以前都去那里买大麻 |
[03:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[03:23] | I said “used to” | 我说了”以前” |
[03:24] | Then I got pregnant with this one | 然后我怀上了这货 |
[03:26] | and all the fun stopped. | 然后乐子就离我一去不复返 |
[03:28] | All I am saying is that | 我的意思只是 |
[03:30] | this would be a great opportunity for Sheldon. | 这或许对谢尔顿是很好的机会 |
[03:33] | I know, you’re right. | 我知道你说得有道理 |
[03:35] | Whoa, she’s right? | 她说得对吗 |
[03:37] | I said the same thing in Petersen’s office, | 我今天在办公室里也说了同样的话 |
[03:38] | you looked at me like I was an idiot. | 你就像看傻子一样看我 |
[03:41] | Yeah, that’s the look. | 就是这表情 |
[03:42] | Maybe y’all are being a little selfish about this. | 或许你们在这事上都有些自私了 |
[03:44] | Selfish? We’re thinking of him. | 自私吗 我们是为他着想 |
[03:47] | Well, that’s all well and good, | 这样是很不错啊 |
[03:48] | but maybe you should be thinking about the whole world. | 但或许你们该为全世界也想想 |
[03:52] | I mean, | 我的意思是 |
[03:52] | what if Einstein’s parents had held him back? | 要是爱因斯坦的父母也阻止他的发展呢 |
[03:55] | We wouldn’t even have the… | 那我们就不会有… |
[03:57] | Well, I was gonna say atomic bomb, | 本来要说原子弹 |
[03:59] | but there’s probably a better example. | 但应该有别的更好的例子 |
[04:01] | Here’s a crazy idea: | 我有个疯狂的建议 |
[04:02] | how about we ask Sheldon what he thinks of all this? | 要不我们问问谢尔顿自己的看法呢 |
[04:05] | Go ahead, but he’s not gonna want to go. | 问吧 但他不会想去的 |
[04:08] | This is his home, we’re his family. | 这里是他的家 我们是他的家人 |
[04:11] | Sheldon, can you come in here for a minute?! | 谢尔顿 你能过来一下吗 |
[04:15] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[04:16] | – Have a seat. We want to talk to you. – All right. | -过来坐 我们想跟你说件事 -好吧 |
[04:21] | So, today we found out about a school in Dallas | 今天我们知道在达拉斯有家学校 |
[04:24] | for really smart kids. | 是为特别聪明的孩子开设的 |
[04:25] | When can I start? | 我什么时候能去就读 |
[04:28] | Hold on. Dallas is far away, | 等等 达拉斯很远 |
[04:30] | so you’d have to live with another family. | 你去了就得住在别人家 |
[04:33] | Do they have a dog? | 他们有养狗吗 |
[04:35] | Uh, we don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[04:37] | Well, can you make some calls? | 那你能打电话问问吗 |
[04:39] | I guess, but wouldn’t you miss your mom and dad? | 可以吧 但是你不会想爸爸妈妈吗 |
[04:45] | Yes, I suppose I will. | 或许会吧 |
[04:49] | So, when are you calling about the dog? | 所以你什么时候能打去问狗的事 |
[04:54] | You know him so well. | 你真是了解他呀 |
[05:15] | What’s wrong with them? | 他们是什么毛病 |
[05:17] | What are you talking about? | 你是什么意思 |
[05:19] | They’re so quiet. | 他们好安静 |
[05:21] | Are they on medication? | 他们是吃了药吗 |
[05:22] | No, they’re just smart like you. | 不是 他们只是跟你一样聪明 |
[05:26] | I’ve been going to school in a zoo. | 原来我以前是在动物园里上学啊 |
[05:28] | Not sure about these uniforms. | 这制服我有点说不准啊 |
[05:30] | Kinda froufrou. | 感觉有点娘 |
[05:33] | Sheldon, I’ve been looking over your transcripts | 谢尔顿 我看了你的成绩单 |
[05:35] | and I must say, I am very impressed. | 不得不说 非常出色啊 |
[05:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:40] | What’s your doctorate in? | 您的博士学位是哪方面的 |
[05:41] | Noncommutative Algebraic Topology. | 非交换代数拓扑 |
[05:45] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[05:47] | It’s gonna be weird around here without Sheldon. | 谢尔顿不在这里会感觉很奇怪吧 |
[05:50] | Don’t you mean less weird? | 应该是变不奇怪才对吧 |
[05:51] | That’s not nice. | 这么说太不友好了 |
[05:53] | I wasn’t trying for nice. | 我没有想要友好啊 |
[05:54] | You sure you’re not jealous | 你确定你不是在嫉妒 |
[05:55] | ’cause your little brother’s moving up in the world? | 你弟弟更上层楼了吗 |
[05:58] | Hey, I got plans of my own. | 我对自己的人生也有计划 |
[06:00] | – Do tell. – Soon as I graduate high school, | -愿闻其详 -等到我高中毕业 |
[06:03] | I’m gonna be a professional male model. | 我就要去当一个职业男模 |
[06:05] | That is hilarious. | 真是笑死人了 |
[06:07] | What? I’m good-lookin’. | 怎么 我长得很帅啊 |
[06:09] | No, that you think you’ll graduate high school. | 不是 是你觉得你高中能毕业 |
[06:13] | The model thing was funny, too. | 模特的部分也很好笑 |
[06:16] | I must tell you, | 不得不说 |
[06:17] | in all the years I’ve been here, I have never seen | 我在这里任职多年 但从没见过 |
[06:20] | such glowing letters of recommendation from a student’s teachers. | 老师们集体写出如此高评价的推荐函 |
[06:23] | – Well, that’s real nice to hear. – Now, listen to this: | -那真是太好了 -你们听听 |
[06:26] | “Putting aside his superior intellect, | “除了他超凡的智商 |
[06:28] | Sheldon is a delight to have in the class. | 谢尔顿还是课堂上的一个宝 |
[06:31] | He’s fun-loving, | 他风趣爱笑 |
[06:32] | Easy to get along with, | 平易近人 |
[06:34] | and always ready to help another student.” | 还总是乐于助人” |
[06:36] | That doesn’t sound like me at all. | 这听起来完全不像我啊 |
[06:37] | Sure it does, sweetie. | 当然像啦 宝贝 |
[06:39] | Dr. Douglas… | 道格拉斯博士 |
[06:40] | Oh, no. Please call me Flora. | 别 叫我弗罗拉就可以了 |
[06:42] | Flora, I have to ask about the living arrangements. | 弗罗拉 我必须得跟您请教关于住的事情 |
[06:45] | That’s our main concern. | 那是我们最关心的事 |
[06:47] | Well, I think I can reassure you about that. | 这件事你们可以放一百个心 |
[06:49] | My husband and I have been hosting a student | 我跟我丈夫一直给一名学生 |
[06:51] | for the last several years who recently graduated | 提供寄宿了许多年 他最近刚毕业 |
[06:54] | and is now at Princeton. | 现在去名校普林斯顿大学了 |
[06:55] | So we have a guest room available in our home. | 所以我们家现在有多一间空的客房 |
[06:58] | That’s very generous of you. | 您真是太慷慨了 |
[07:00] | Does your husband work at the school also? | 您丈夫也在学校里教书吗 |
[07:02] | No, he’s retired. | 没有 他退休了 |
[07:04] | He was an astrophysicist for NASA. | 他以前是太空总署的天体物理学家 |
[07:06] | Please tell me you don’t have a dog. | 请告诉我你们家没养狗 |
[07:07] | No. We’re both allergic. | 没养 我们夫妇对狗过敏 |
[07:11] | I’m tingling. | 我心痒难耐 |
[07:17] | Meemaw? | 姥姥 |
[07:19] | Meemaw. | 姥姥 |
[07:24] | I know. I look great. | 我知道 我特别好看 |
[07:26] | I got you a little going away gift. | 我有离别礼物要送你 |
[07:28] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[07:29] | This necklace has been in our family for generations. | 这项链在我们家族传了许多代了 |
[07:34] | It belonged to a Comanche warrior | 曾是一个科曼奇族勇士的所有物 |
[07:37] | who gave it to your great-great-great-great grandma. | 他把它送给了你曾曾曾曾祖母 |
[07:39] | Why’d he give it to her? | 他为什么要给她 |
[07:41] | Well, according to family lore, | 根据我们的家族传说 |
[07:43] | she was, uh, a very accommodating young lady | 她是个非常”好客”的姑娘 |
[07:47] | and, uh, they hit it off. | 他们一拍即合 |
[07:50] | That’s a bird feather. | 这是鸟羽 |
[07:51] | – Eagle feather. – Doesn’t matter. | -是鹰羽 -都无所谓 |
[07:53] | I don’t like birds; birds are filthy. | 我不喜欢鸟 鸟都很脏 |
[07:55] | Okay. | 别说了 |
[07:57] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[07:59] | One featherless family heirloom | 一个无羽的传家宝 |
[08:02] | for you to take with you and keep you safe while you’re away. | 让你带着上路 保你平平安安 |
[08:04] | You don’t actually believe this has magic powers, do you? | 你不会真相信这东西有魔力吧 |
[08:08] | Oh, for God’s sake, just say “thank you.” | 我的神啊 你就说”谢谢”就行了 |
[08:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:15] | There’s a price tag on it. | 上面有标价 |
[08:19] | No, there’s not. | 并没有 |
[08:25] | Hello! | 我来啦 |
[08:29] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[08:31] | Hi. | 你来啦 |
[08:35] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[08:36] | He’s gonna come home every Friday night. | 他每周五晚上都会回来 |
[08:39] | I didn’t think I’d have to deal with this | 我一直以为得等到他上大学 |
[08:41] | till he went to college. | 我才会需要面对这种事 |
[08:43] | You should thank your lucky stars | 你就谢谢上天保佑 |
[08:44] | he’s not in college now. | 他不是现在在上大学吧 |
[08:48] | I’m still not sure that this is the right thing to do. | 我还是不确定这个决定对不对 |
[08:51] | Are you worried that he won’t like it | 你是担心他不喜欢那里 |
[08:53] | or are you worried that he will? | 还是担心他会喜欢上呢 |
[08:55] | You’re not helping. | 你这是帮倒忙 |
[08:57] | That’s not my job. | 安慰你不是我的职责 |
[08:58] | I think of myself as a speaker of truth. | 我自认为是实话发表员 |
[09:01] | If you’re not gonna make me feel better, go away. | 如果你不打算安慰我 就走吧 |
[09:05] | I’m sorry. You are stuck with me. | 真不好意思 你甩不掉我了 |
[09:09] | As you can see, | 如你们所见 |
[09:10] | even as a small child, | 即使在我小的时候 |
[09:12] | people cherished having me around | 大家就喜爱我的陪伴 |
[09:14] | and wept over my absence. | 会为我的离开而哭泣 |
[09:16] | And no one took my impending departure harder | 对我即将离开 没人比我最好的朋友丹 |
[09:19] | than my best friend, Tam. | 更难过了 |
[09:21] | So you leave tomorrow? | 你明天就走了吗 |
[09:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:25] | Dallas. | 达拉斯 |
[09:26] | Yes. | 没错 |
[09:27] | Cool. | 真棒 |
[09:29] | It was touching | 我很感动 |
[09:30] | to watch Tam bravely fight back tears. | 看着丹勇敢地忍住眼泪 |
[09:35] | Have you ever thought about making the trains go clockwise? | 你有没有考虑过让火车朝顺时针方向走 |
[09:37] | No. | 没有 |
[09:39] | You should. | 你应该考虑一下 |
[09:42] | Brave, brave Tam. | 勇敢 非常勇敢的丹 |
[09:55] | You awake? | 你醒着吗 |
[09:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:00] | Are you gonna miss me? | 你会想我吗 |
[10:02] | I haven’t given it any thought. | 我还没想过这件事 |
[10:05] | Well, we’re just lying here. | 我们躺着也没事干 |
[10:07] | Think about it. | 现在想想吧 |
[10:08] | I am used to you. | 我习惯了有你在 |
[10:10] | I’m used to you, too. | 我也习惯了有你在 |
[10:13] | It’s not the same as liking you. | 这跟喜欢你不是一回事 |
[10:15] | No. | 确实不是 |
[10:17] | To me, you’re like string beans. | 对我来说 你就像豆角 |
[10:20] | No one asks for them, | 没人主动想要 |
[10:21] | no one wonders about them. | 没人质疑它们的存在 |
[10:22] | They’re just there on the plate. | 它们就出现在盘子上 |
[10:24] | But you eat them, right? | 但你会吃掉 对吧 |
[10:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:29] | You’re gonna miss me. | 你会想我的 |
[10:48] | All right, let’s say grace. | 好了 我们来做饭前祷告 |
[10:50] | Guess I get to hold hands with you now. | 看来现在轮到我跟你握手了 |
[10:54] | Guess so. | 看来是的 |
[10:56] | Maybe Sheldon’s mittens weren’t such a bad idea. | 也许谢尔顿戴手套也不是个坏主意 |
[11:00] | Thank you, God, for this food we are about | 感谢上帝 赐予我们食物 |
[11:02] | to receive and for the nourishment of our bodies. | 给予我们身体营养 |
[11:04] | And bless the hands that prepared it. | 请保佑为我们准备食物的人 |
[11:06] | And, God, we ask that you watch over our Sheldon… | 还有 上帝 请你照看我们的谢尔顿 |
[11:11] | as he begins this wonderful new… | 因为他开启了一段精彩的新… |
[11:18] | …as he begins | 因为他开启了 |
[11:19] | this wonderful new chapter in his life. | 人生一段精彩的新篇章 |
[11:21] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[11:24] | Why you cryin’? | 你为什么哭了 |
[11:25] | Why you stupid? | 你为什么那么蠢 |
[11:28] | So how’d it go in Dallas today? | 今天在达拉斯情况怎么样 |
[11:30] | Went fine. | 挺顺利的 |
[11:31] | Nice people. | 他们都很友善 |
[11:32] | Sheldon seemed very comfortable with the whole thing. | 感觉谢尔顿对一切都感到挺自在的 |
[11:35] | Welcome! How was the drive? | 欢迎 一路上顺利吗 |
[11:38] | Eh, a little traffic comin’ into the city but otherwise okay. | 进城时有点堵车 但除此以外都很顺畅 |
[11:42] | Sheldon, I want you to meet my husband, Elliot. | 谢尔顿 来见见我丈夫 艾略特 |
[11:45] | Elliot, this is Sheldon. | 艾略特 这是谢尔顿 |
[11:47] | Well, it’s nice to meet you, young man. | 认识你很高兴 小伙子 |
[11:49] | I’ve heard a lot about you. | 我听说了很多关于你的事 |
[11:51] | George, that is not at all how they were. | 乔治 他们根本不是这个样子 |
[11:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[11:54] | There was definitely something off about those people. | 他们绝对有些不对劲 |
[11:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:59] | What’d I miss? | 我错过什么了 |
[12:01] | Welcome! | 欢迎 |
[12:03] | How was the drive? | 一路上顺利吗 |
[12:06] | Eh, a little traffic comin’ into the city but otherwise okay. | 进城时有点堵车 但除此以外都很顺畅 |
[12:09] | Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[12:12] | I want you to meet my husband, Elliot. | 谢尔顿 来见见我丈夫 艾略特 |
[12:15] | Elliot, this is Sheldon. | 艾略特 这是谢尔顿 |
[12:19] | Nice to meet you, young man. | 认识你很高兴 小伙子 |
[12:21] | I’ve heard a lot about you. | 我听说了很多关于你的事 |
[12:28] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[12:29] | You’re making it out like they were some kind of monsters. | 你说得他们好像是怪物一样 |
[12:32] | Sheldon has his own room. | 谢尔顿有自己的房间 |
[12:33] | There’s books everywhere. | 到处都摆满了书 |
[12:35] | Even has a big old backyard he won’t play in. | 还有个很大的后院 虽然他不会去玩 |
[12:37] | Aren’t you forgetting somethin’? | 你是不是忘了什么 |
[12:39] | What? | 什么 |
[12:40] | The underground laboratory. | 地下实验室 |
[12:43] | I think it’s called a finished basement, honey. | 我想那叫装修过的地下室 亲爱的 |
[12:45] | I know what I saw. | 我知道自己看到了什么 |
[12:47] | Mary, it’s been a long day. | 玛丽 今天很累了 |
[12:48] | Can we just have a quiet dinner? | 我们能不能就安静吃饭 |
[12:51] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[12:55] | “Nice people.” | “他们都很友善” |
[12:57] | Then why did we leave him there? | 那我们为什么还把他留在那里 |
[12:58] | Because we love him and we want the best for him. | 因为我们爱他 希望给他最好的 |
[13:11] | This is tense. | 气氛好紧张 |
[13:13] | Me and the kids had a nice day. | 我和孩子们今天过得很愉快 |
[13:15] | Watched a lot of football. | 看了很多橄榄球赛 |
[13:17] | You know, the Dolphins’ helmet has a dolphin on it. | 话说 迈阿密海豚队的头盔上真有只海豚 |
[13:19] | And that dolphin is also wearing a helmet. | 那只海豚也戴了一顶头盔 |
[13:21] | But his helmet doesn’t have a dolphin on it– | 但这顶头盔上就没有海豚图案了 |
[13:23] | it has the letter “M.” | 而是印着”M” |
[13:26] | We talked about that for an hour. | 我们聊这个话题聊了一小时 |
[13:30] | All right. | 好了 |
[13:33] | Dig in. | 开动吧 |
[13:35] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[13:37] | Aren’t we going to say grace? | 我们不做饭前祷告吗 |
[13:38] | Uh, we don’t do that in our house. | 我们家不做这个 |
[13:43] | But you’re welcome to do so. | 但你想做可以做 |
[13:45] | That’s all right. I don’t believe in God. | 没关系 我不信有上帝 |
[13:48] | Well, then why would you say grace? | 那你为什么要做饭前祷告 |
[13:50] | Because it makes my mom happy. | 因为那会让我妈妈高兴 |
[13:52] | And why are you wearing mittens? | 那你为什么戴着手套 |
[13:54] | Well, I don’t know where your hands have been. | 因为我不知道你们的手都摸过什么 |
[13:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:00] | Maybe we should just eat. | 不如我们开始吃吧 |
[14:06] | Do you like string beans? | 你喜欢豆角吗 |
[14:09] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[14:11] | But I eat them. | 但我会吃掉 |
[14:25] | Sheldon, can you hear me? | 谢尔顿 能听到吗 |
[14:27] | It’s your twin sister, Missy. | 我是你的双胞胎姐姐 米希 |
[14:30] | Everything’s all right here, | 家里一切都好 |
[14:32] | but I think Mom misses you real bad. | 但我觉得妈妈超想念你 |
[14:38] | All right, I can’t hear you, | 好吧 我听不见你的声音 |
[14:40] | so I’m gonna hang up now. | 我要挂断了 |
[14:42] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[14:47] | I’m telling you, this is a terrible idea. | 我告诉你 这是个坏主意 |
[14:48] | This is a terrible, terrible idea. | 是个糟透了的坏主意 |
[14:50] | He’s gonna be fine. You’ll see. | 他不会有事的 你等着瞧 |
[14:52] | I can’t believe you’re okay with this. | 真不敢相信你对此没意见 |
[14:53] | I’m not okay with this. | 我当然有意见 |
[14:55] | I’m just trying to be strong for you! | 我只是为了你 努力坚强 |
[14:57] | What? You thought him leaving was a good idea. | 什么 你之前觉得他离开是个好主意 |
[14:59] | Oh, I only said that because you thought it was a bad idea. | 我那么说只是因为你觉得那是个坏主意 |
[15:02] | You know how it’s always my nature to go the other way. | 你也知道跟别人唱反调是我的天性 |
[15:05] | Say “up.” | 说”上” |
[15:06] | Up. | 上 |
[15:07] | Down. | 下 |
[15:10] | I’ll see you in a bit. | 我出去一趟 |
[15:12] | Where are you off to? | 你要去哪儿 |
[15:13] | I’m going to Dallas to get Sheldon. | 我要去达拉斯接谢尔顿回来 |
[15:15] | – Really? – Yeah, really. | -当真吗 -当真 |
[15:16] | What about this being a great opportunity for him? | 之前说的这对他是个好机会呢 |
[15:19] | Y’all want me to go or not? | 你们到底想不想我去 |
[15:20] | – Yes! Go! – Yes, and hurry up! | -想 快去 -想啊 赶紧的 |
[15:22] | Get a move on, Tubby. | 快点 小胖仔 |
[15:24] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[15:25] | To get Sheldon. | 去接谢尔顿 |
[15:26] | Do I get a vote in this? | 这事我有表决权吗 |
[15:27] | No. | 没有 |
[15:29] | Dang. | 靠 |
[15:30] | Sleep didn’t come easy that night, | 那晚我无法轻易入睡 |
[15:33] | knowing that, at any moment, | 因为我知道 |
[15:35] | I could be decapitated. | 我随时可能会被斩首 |
[15:38] | And as if that wasn’t bad enough, | 还嫌那情况不够糟似的 |
[15:40] | the bed in my room had a dust ruffle, | 我房间的床有防尘罩 |
[15:42] | which, to my young mind, only meant one thing: | 在我幼小的头脑里 这只意味着一件事 |
[15:45] | there was dust. | 这里有尘 |
[15:47] | But, eventually, I did drift off, | 但最终我还是迷迷糊糊睡着了 |
[15:50] | haunted by the memory, | 心神不宁 |
[15:52] | the three of us gathered around the piano | 脑海里回放着我们三人围在钢琴旁 |
[15:56] | singing hippie folk music. | 唱嬉皮民歌的画面 |
[15:59] | ♪ You will not see nothin’ like the mighty Quinn♪ | ♪ 你不会看到没啥能比过伟大奎恩的事物 ♪ |
[16:03] | Come on. Sing along now. | 来 现在一起唱 |
[16:04] | ♪ Come all without ♪ | ♪ 快来啊 ♪ |
[16:06] | ♪ Come all within ♪ | ♪ 都快来啊 ♪ |
[16:09] | ♪ You will not see nothin’ like the mighty Quinn. ♪ | ♪ 你不会看到没啥能比过伟大奎恩的事物 ♪ |
[16:15] | “You’ll not see nothin'” | “你不会看到没啥” |
[16:17] | Shame on whoever wrote that. | 不管是谁写的 都丢死人了 |
[16:37] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[16:39] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[16:41] | I’m glad you came to get me. | 你来接我 我很高兴 |
[16:43] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[16:51] | ♪ …nothing like the mighty Quinn ♪ | ♪ …能比过伟大奎恩的事物 ♪ |
[16:54] | No! | 不要 |
[17:09] | You got my message! | 你收到我的信息了 |
[17:13] | No hugging! No hugging! | 不要抱抱 不要抱抱 |
[17:20] | I mean, why’d I bother becoming a teacher? | 我何苦努力当上老师 |
[17:22] | He knows what I’m gonna say before I say it. | 他在我开口前 就知道我要说什么 |
[17:24] | Or I say it and look like a dumbbell. | 或者我说完后看起来宛如智障 |
[17:27] | Ms. Ingram, can I offer a suggestion? | 英格拉姆女士 我能提个建议吗 |
[17:30] | What? | 什么 |
[17:31] | – Never mind. You do it your way. – No, no. | -没事了 你按你方式来吧 -不 不 |
[17:34] | You tell me. Tell me how I’m wrong. | 你告诉我 告诉我错哪儿了 |
[17:36] | You assumed an extra axiom of Euclidean geometry | 你多假设了一个欧几里德几何的公理 |
[17:40] | without stating it. | 但你没有定义它 |
[17:42] | Was he right? | 他说得对吗 |
[17:43] | Course he’s right. | 当然对了 |
[17:45] | He’s always right. | 他每次都对 |
[17:47] | Tell you what I do. | 告诉你我怎么做 |
[17:49] | I send him on little errands. | 我让他去跑腿 |
[17:50] | Like the other day, I told him, | 比如前几天 我叫他 |
[17:53] | “Go to the supply room and get me a framastan.” | “去材料房帮我拿砝码斯坦” |
[17:56] | What’s a framastan? | 砝码斯坦是什么 |
[17:57] | No such thing. I made it up. | 没这玩意 我编的 |
[18:01] | He was gone the whole period! | 整堂课他都没回来 |
[18:04] | That’s genius. | 太有才了 |
[18:05] | I’m using that. | 我要借用这一招 |
[18:07] | Don’t use framastan. That’s mine. | 但别用”砝码斯坦” 这是我的词 |
[18:11] | What’s going on here? | 这里是什么情况 |
[18:13] | You said he was going away. | 你说过他要转学的 |
[18:15] | Liar. | 骗子 |
[18:17] | It’s 11:00 in the morning, guys. | 才早上11点你们就开始喝酒了吗 |