时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[00:05] | I heard you could punch a hole in these | 我听说可以打个洞 |
[00:07] | and make them double-sided. | 就能让它变成双面的 |
[00:09] | Then it would have more storage? | 这样你就有双倍储存空间吗 |
[00:10] | Yes, but I didn’t pay for a double-sided floppy disk. | 是啊 可是我没付双面软盘的钱啊 |
[00:13] | So? | 那又如何 |
[00:14] | So it’s an ethical dilemma. | 所以这是个道德难题啊 |
[00:17] | We have to take a shower in the locker room next period, | 我们下一节课得在更衣室洗澡 |
[00:19] | and that’s what you’re worried about? | 你现在居然有心情担心这个 |
[00:21] | Actually, I have a bathing suit under my pants. | 我在裤子里穿好了泳裤 |
[00:28] | That girl just took a book on geostatistics. | 那女孩拿了一本地质统计学的书 |
[00:31] | Yeah, so? | 那又如何 |
[00:33] | That’s not required reading for any science course. | 那并不是任何科学课要求阅读的读物 |
[00:35] | Maybe she wants to squash a spider with it. | 或许她是想拿去拍死蜘蛛呢 |
[00:38] | No, look, she’s reading it. | 不是 你看 她在读 |
[00:41] | Who is this mystery woman? | 这个神秘的女人是谁啊 |
[00:43] | Should we invite her to have lunch with us? | 我们该邀请她来共进午餐吗 |
[00:45] | I don’t know. So far, it’s just been you and me, | 不知道啊 至今为止一直只有我俩 |
[00:47] | and we know that works. | 我们能确定合得来 |
[00:48] | Do we really want to mess with success? | 你真的想要冒合不来的风险吗 |
[00:51] | We could think of it as an experiment. | 你可以把这个当做是个实验 |
[00:53] | Oh, you do know how to push my buttons. | 你还真是懂我的弱点啊 |
[00:57] | All right, go ask her. | 好啦 去问她 |
[00:58] | Why me? | 为什么是我去 |
[00:59] | Your lack of testosterone makes you adorable to women. | 你的睾酮缺乏令你在女性眼中很可爱 |
[01:03] | I can’t argue with that. | 这我无从反驳 |
[01:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:12] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[01:12] | My name is Sheldon. | 我叫谢尔顿 |
[01:14] | Yeah, you’re Sheldon Cooper. | 我知道你是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[01:16] | You know who I am? | 你认识我吗 |
[01:17] | Well, there’s only one nine-year-old in high school, | 整个高中只有一个9岁的人 |
[01:19] | and you still have your baby teeth. | 而你还有没换完的乳牙 |
[01:21] | She knows who I am. It’s going well. | 她认识我 情况很顺利 |
[01:26] | What do you want? | 找我有什么事 |
[01:27] | Would you like to have lunch with me and my friend? | 你愿意跟我与我朋友一起共进午餐吗 |
[01:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:32] | Why else? | 为什么不呢 |
[01:33] | So we can have a spirited conversation about geostatistics. | 这样我们才能热烈地聊地质统计学啊 |
[01:37] | You really are as smart as everybody says. | 你真的跟大家说的一样聪明啊 |
[01:39] | My teeth are small, but my prefrontal cortex is enormous. | 我的牙齿虽小 但我的前额皮质超巨大 |
[01:45] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:48] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:51] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:53] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:56] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:04] | The addition of Libby brought | 随着莉比的加入 |
[02:06] | a level of sophistication to our lunchtime discussion. | 我们午餐期间的聊天深度也有所提升 |
[02:10] | Her mom also packed extra string cheese, | 她妈妈还为她多带了起司条 |
[02:12] | which is a well-known social lubricant. | 这广为人知的社交润滑剂 |
[02:14] | You’re gonna be a geologist. | 你以后要当地质学家 |
[02:16] | That’s fascinating. | 太有意思了 |
[02:17] | Why’d you choose that? | 你为什么选这领域呢 |
[02:18] | When I was a little girl, my grandparents took me | 在我小时候 我的爷爷奶奶带我去 |
[02:20] | to Carlsbad Caverns, and I was hooked. | 卡尔斯巴德洞窟国家公园时迷上了 |
[02:22] | Exploring caves, that is super cool. | 探索洞窟 太酷了 |
[02:25] | Disagree. Dark, enclosed spaces are terrifying. | 我不同意 黑暗又封闭的空间令我恐惧 |
[02:29] | I get scared putting on a sweatshirt. | 我头套进衣服时都会被吓到 |
[02:31] | Hmm. I’ve seen it. | 我看过那场面 |
[02:33] | Pretty entertaining. | 挺有娱乐效果 |
[02:35] | Do you know what you’re going to major in in college? | 你想好上大学要选什么专业了吗 |
[02:37] | I’m leaning towards quantum chromodynamics, but who knows? | 我倾向选量子色动力学 但谁知道呢 |
[02:40] | A few years ago, I would’ve said choo-choo trains. | 要我几年前回答 我会答玩具小火车 |
[02:44] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[02:45] | Oh, geology for sure. | 当然是地质学 |
[02:47] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:48] | When did you decide that? | 你什么时候决定的 |
[02:49] | A long time ago. Eat your apple slices. | 很久以前啊 吃你的苹果片 |
[02:56] | So we eat in the library every day. | 我们每天都在图书馆用餐 |
[02:58] | You’re welcome to join us. | 欢迎你加入我们 |
[02:59] | It’s much better than the cafeteria. | 比在食堂吃好多了 |
[03:01] | It’s quiet, and a lot less food gets thrown at us. | 又安静 又不太会有人丢食物到我们身上 |
[03:05] | Yeah. Maybe I’ll see y’all tomorrow. | 好啊 或许我明天再来找你们大伙儿 |
[03:08] | Right. | 好 |
[03:09] | Maybe y’all will. | 大伙儿有机会明天见 |
[03:11] | Bye, Libby. | 莉比 再见啦 |
[03:14] | “Y’all”? | 还”大伙儿”呢 |
[03:16] | I’m assimilating. | 我是在试着同化 |
[03:17] | Shut up. | 你闭嘴 |
[03:26] | So how was school today? | 今天学校如何啊 |
[03:28] | Sheldon’s got a girlfriend. | 谢尔顿交了女朋友 |
[03:29] | – What? – That’s not true. | -什么 -你乱说 |
[03:31] | Oh, yes, it is. I seen him talking to her at school. | 是真的 我看到他在学校跟那女孩说话了 |
[03:33] | Sheldon Lee Cooper, you dog. | 谢尔顿·李·库珀 你个小色胚 |
[03:36] | Is she cute? | 她可爱吗 |
[03:37] | Compared to what? | 跟什么东西比 |
[03:40] | What grade is she in? | 她读几年级 |
[03:41] | Eleventh. | 11年级 |
[03:42] | An older woman. | 还是比你大的御姐啊 |
[03:44] | Nice. | 赞啊 |
[03:45] | Most everybody’s older than me. | 几乎所有人都比我大啊 |
[03:47] | Why is that nice? | 这有什么好赞的 |
[03:49] | So what do you think, George? | 所以你觉得如何 乔治 |
[03:50] | Is it time to have “the talk” with him? | 是时候跟他”聊聊”了吗 |
[03:53] | What talk? | 聊什么 |
[03:54] | No talk. Nobody’s talking. | 不聊 没人要聊 |
[03:56] | If “the talk” is in regards to human reproduction, | 如果”聊聊”是指有关人类繁衍的事情 |
[03:59] | I already understand how that works. | 我已经知道是怎么个流程了 |
[04:01] | How do you know that? | 你怎么会知道这些 |
[04:03] | I told him. | 我告诉他的 |
[04:05] | Oh, Lord. | 我的老天啊 |
[04:11] | And so, our little social circle | 所以 我们的小圈子 |
[04:13] | grew from two to three. | 从两个人变成了三个人 |
[04:15] | An early example of how people are just drawn to me. | 一个早期的我能吸引所有人到我身边的例子 |
[04:18] | Are you saying that without geology, | 你的意思是说 如果没有地质学 |
[04:20] | there’d be no theory of evolution? | 世界上就不会有进化论吗 |
[04:22] | Charles Lyell taught Charles Darwin | 地质学家查尔斯·莱尔教导达尔文 |
[04:25] | the Earth was much, much older than anyone thought, | 地球比我们所有人认为的还要古老许多 |
[04:27] | which gave Darwin the courage to figure out | 这给了达尔文勇气去发现 |
[04:29] | all species evolved over billions of years. | 所有的生物是在亿年多的时间里进化而来 |
[04:31] | That’s good. I can use that | 这很不错 我可以用这个点 |
[04:33] | to humiliate my pastor at Sunday school. | 去让我主日学校的牧师难堪 |
[04:36] | I don’t know what’s more beautiful, | 我不知道哪个比较美 |
[04:38] | your mind or your eyes. | 是你美丽的大脑还是双眸 |
[04:40] | Tam, please. | 丹 别这样 |
[04:41] | We’re eating. | 我们在吃饭呢 |
[04:53] | You know spying on kids is creepy. | 你知道暗中监视小孩很变态吧 |
[04:56] | I wasn’t spying on kids, I was s-spying on your brother. | 我不是在暗中监视小孩 是在监视你弟弟 |
[04:59] | Why won’t you just go inside? | 那你为什么不直接进去看 |
[05:01] | Well, then, it wouldn’t be spying, now would it? | 直接进去就不是暗中监视了吧 |
[05:06] | Oh, what? | 你惊讶什么 |
[05:07] | You didn’t mention she was black. | 你没说她是黑人啊 |
[05:09] | Was I supposed to? | 我应该提吗 |
[05:11] | No, ‘course not. | 不用 当然不需要啊 |
[05:13] | Then why bring it up? | 那你说这个干嘛 |
[05:15] | It just wasn’t what I was expecting. | 只是跟我预想中的不一样嘛 |
[05:18] | What were you expecting? | 那你本来预想中的是什么样的 |
[05:19] | It’s a big school. | 这学校很大 |
[05:20] | Why are you right here? | 你为什么一定要在这里 |
[05:22] | They’ve got some books in there about Martin Luther King. | 图书馆里有人权斗士马丁·路德·金的书 |
[05:24] | Maybe you should go read one. | 或许你该进去读一读 |
[05:31] | Morning. | 早安 |
[05:34] | So why did it take people so long | 所以为什么人们花了那么久的时间 |
[05:36] | to believe in continental drift, | 才愿意相信大陆漂移说呢 |
[05:37] | when it’s obvious that Africa and South America | 很明显能看出非洲跟南美洲 |
[05:40] | – fit together like a puzzle? – No, they don’t. | -像拼图一样能吻合啊 -才没有呢 |
[05:43] | People didn’t understand continental drift | 人们不理解大陆漂移说 |
[05:45] | because they didn’t understand seafloor spreading. | 是因为他们不懂海底扩张学说 |
[05:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:50] | I’m both threatened | 你的智慧 |
[05:51] | and delighted by your brain. | 令我受到威胁又为之折服 |
[05:53] | I’m just delighted by it. | 我只有为之折服 |
[05:57] | They do fit. | 还真能合上 |
[05:59] | That’s nuts. | 这太神奇了吧 |
[06:06] | “Geologists lead a sedimentary lifestyle.” | 地质学家喜欢在生活中让自己”沉淀”下来 |
[06:09] | Libby, that is a good one. | 莉比 你这双关有意思 |
[06:13] | Can you believe what’s going on with him? | 你敢相信他这个样子吗 |
[06:15] | I know. | 对啊 |
[06:16] | He’s been on the phone with that girl for almost an hour. | 他都快跟那女孩聊了一个小时电话了 |
[06:18] | Sheldon’s got a girlfriend. | 谢尔顿交了女朋友 |
[06:20] | What are the odds? | 谁能想到有这可能 |
[06:21] | She’s not a girlfriend, | 那女孩才不是女朋友 |
[06:23] | it’s more of a mental rapport. | 两个人只是精神交流 |
[06:26] | That’s where it starts. | 一切都是这么开始的 |
[06:28] | I did win you over with my superior intellect. | 我就是用我超凡的智慧赢得你心 |
[06:30] | It was your motorcycle and you know it. | 明明是你的机车 你自己清楚 |
[06:32] | Good thing it wasn’t your masculine physique, | 幸好她不是被你的猛男体格所迷惑 |
[06:34] | because that is long gone. | 因为那早已一去不复返了 |
[06:38] | Why do you think I kept the motorcycle? | 你以为我留着那机车是为什么 |
[06:41] | How come he gets to tie up the phone and I can’t? | 为什么他可以煲电话粥而我不行 |
[06:43] | Because what is happening in there is called a miracle, | 因为发生在他身上的事叫神迹 |
[06:45] | and God-fearing people do not get in the way of those. | 而敬畏神的信徒是不会去阻止神迹的 |
[06:49] | Hey, Georgie, | 小乔治 |
[06:49] | if you ever find a girlfriend, | 如果哪天你能找到女朋友 |
[06:51] | maybe you can go on a double date with your brother. | 或许你能跟你弟弟他们四人约会啊 |
[06:53] | She’s not his girlfriend. | 那女孩不是他女朋友 |
[06:54] | And I can find one… | 我也交得到啊 |
[06:56] | I’m just not looking. | 我只是没在找女朋友而已 |
[06:58] | Yes, that was a geology joke. | 是啊 那的确是地质学的笑话 |
[07:00] | We gotta get that Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue | 或许我们应该在《体育画报泳装特辑》 |
[07:02] | away from him before he’s ruined forever. | 毁了他人生之前 先把它收走 |
[07:05] | Oh, Libby, Libby, Libby. | 莉比莉比莉比啊 |
[07:07] | What is happening? | 到底发生什么了 |
[07:09] | What was happening was, | 当时所发生的事呢 |
[07:11] | like many men before me, | 也发生在许多男性身上 |
[07:12] | I was being seduced by the exotic world of geology. | 我被有着异域风情的地质学所迷惑了 |
[07:32] | We searched for tektites in a nearby ravine. | 我们在附近的山涧里寻找着玻陨石 |
[07:35] | Tektites are natural glass | 玻陨石就是天然玻璃 |
[07:37] | formed during meteorite impacts. | 是在陨石撞击后形成的 |
[07:40] | They also bear a close resemblance to raccoon feces, | 它们也与浣熊粪便十分相似 |
[07:43] | so I wisely adopted a “no touching tektites” policy. | 所以我聪明地开始了”不碰玻陨石”政策 |
[07:51] | It’s called perfect cleavage | 这叫完全解理[完美乳沟] |
[07:52] | when gypsum separates this cleanly. | 当石膏分离地如此干净时的称呼 |
[07:55] | I was so proud of Tam | 我当时好为丹感到骄傲 |
[07:56] | for not making an immature cleavage joke. | 他没有开幼稚的乳沟玩笑 |
[07:59] | Look at me, I’m touching cleavage. | 快看我 我在摸乳沟 |
[08:01] | Until he made one. | 他说完那感觉就消失了 |
[08:03] | And, like Mother Nature’s pinata, | 而晶洞玉石就像是大自然的皮纳塔 |
[08:06] | 皮纳塔是一种装满糖果或玩具的纸糊容器 通常在生日会上悬挂并让人击打到掉出奖品 | |
[08:07] | geodes contained a secret surprise inside. | 它的里面也含有秘密的惊喜 |
[08:10] | But you didn’t have to suffer | 而且你不用忍受 |
[08:11] | through a birthday party to enjoy it. | 参加生日派对的痛苦就能享受惊喜 |
[08:18] | How’s it going? | 怎么样了 |
[08:19] | Well, I think I figured out the problem. | 我想我找出问题所在了 |
[08:21] | What is it? | 问题在哪 |
[08:23] | I’m a terrible mechanic. | 我对修机械一窍不通 |
[08:25] | – What’s up? – Well, | -怎么啦 -这个嘛 |
[08:27] | Sheldon’s been spending quite a bit of time | 谢尔顿最近花了不少时间 |
[08:29] | with this Libby girl, lately. | 跟那叫莉比的女孩混在一起 |
[08:30] | Yeah, so? | 所以呢 |
[08:32] | So isn’t he a little young | 他还那么小 |
[08:33] | to be hanging with teenagers? | 交青少年的朋友真的好吗 |
[08:35] | Oh, he’s only young on the outside. | 他只是身体还小 |
[08:37] | Inside, he’s an old man. | 他心里就是个老头 |
[08:38] | I’m being serious. | 我是说认真的 |
[08:40] | So am I. | 我也是啊 |
[08:42] | And with that bowtie, he’s old on the outside, too. | 再给他别上领结 他外表也老了 |
[08:45] | Sorry I bothered. | 我不该来问你的 |
[08:48] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[08:51] | What did you think was gonna happen | 我们送他去念高中时 |
[08:52] | when we sent him to high school? | 你以为会怎么样 |
[08:54] | I don’t know, that he’d learn stuff, | 我哪知道 他会学习新知识 |
[08:56] | and then, come back home and be my baby forever. | 然后回到家里 永远当我的小宝贝 |
[08:59] | Mare, it’s good for him. | 玛丽 这对他是好事 |
[09:01] | He may start college in a couple years, what happens then? | 再过两年他也许就要上大学了 到时怎么办 |
[09:04] | Off the top of my head, he and I share a dorm room. | 我瞬间想到的答案是 我跟他住一间宿舍 |
[09:09] | You know I’d laugh at that if I didn’t kind of believe you. | 要不是觉得你真可能这么做 这话还挺好笑的 |
[09:22] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[09:23] | I need to use the bathroom, but it can get uncivilized in there. | 我想上厕所 但里面有时会不太文明 |
[09:27] | Anyone in there now? | 现在里面有人吗 |
[09:28] | I don’t know. I was afraid to find out. | 我不知道 我不敢去找出答案 |
[09:32] | Anybody in here? | 厕所有人吗 |
[09:35] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[09:36] | I’ll stand guard. | 我守在外面 |
[09:38] | Where have you been all my life? | 我之前的人生你都跑哪儿去了 |
[09:47] | I don’t think so. | 想都别想 |
[09:49] | I gotta pee. | 我要尿尿 |
[09:50] | That’s your problem. Keep moving. | 那是你的问题 一边儿去 |
[09:58] | – Thank you. – Happy to help. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[10:01] | Is there any chance you’d be available to stand guard at 1:45? | 1点45分时你能来站岗吗 |
[10:05] | You have a bathroom schedule? | 你还有上厕所还有时间表吗 |
[10:07] | You don’t? | 你没有吗 |
[10:08] | See you later. | 回见 |
[10:10] | Whoever said the quickest way to a man’s heart | 那些说抓住一个男人 |
[10:13] | is through his stomach | 要先抓住他的胃的人 |
[10:14] | did not consider his tiny bladder. | 没考虑过自己的小膀胱 |
[10:18] | I think the best space shuttle name so far is Discovery. | 我觉得至今取得最好的航天飞机名是”探索号” |
[10:22] | What about Challenger? | 那”挑战者号”呢 |
[10:23] | – Too in-your-face. – Atlantis? | -太咄咄逼人 -“亚特兰蒂斯号”呢 |
[10:26] | A fictional island that couldn’t stay afloat? | 一个浮不起来的虚构岛屿 |
[10:28] | I don’t think so. | 烂得很彻底 |
[10:29] | – There’s the Enterprise. – There is, | -还有”企业号”啊 -是没错 |
[10:31] | and it’s on Star Trek, where it belongs. | 出现在《星际迷航》里 就该待那里面 |
[10:34] | You know they’re playing a space shuttle movie | 你知道吗 自然科学博物馆 |
[10:35] | at the Museum of Natural Science. | 正在放一部航天飞机电影 |
[10:37] | – It’s in IMAX. – I heard about that. | -还是巨幕电影呢 -我也听说了 |
[10:39] | The screen is supposed to be huge. | 屏幕好像会超级大 |
[10:40] | They also have a great geology exhibit. | 那里还在举办地质学展览 |
[10:42] | Well, it’s in Houston– | 可是博物馆在休斯顿 |
[10:44] | – how are we gonna get there? – I’ll drive. | -我们该怎么去呢 -我来开车 |
[10:46] | Oh, I would love to see a movie with you. | 我很想跟你一起看电影 |
[10:48] | Don’t you need to ask your parents first? | 你不用先征得你父母同意吗 |
[10:50] | – No, Sheldon, I don’t. – But won’t they worry where you are? | -不用 谢尔顿 -但他们不会担心你在哪儿吗 |
[10:53] | They’ll be fine. | 他们不会担心的 |
[10:54] | Count me in. | 算我一个 |
[10:57] | Glad you’re not my son. | 真庆幸你不是我儿子 |
[11:03] | And now he wants to see a movie in Houston with them. | 现在他想跟他们去休斯顿看电影 |
[11:06] | Why Houston? | 为什么要去休斯顿 |
[11:07] | I don’t know, it’s in MixMax or something. | 我不知道 那边有”锯木”技术之类的 |
[11:09] | So you’re saying I got to drive to Houston? | 你意思是我得开车去休斯顿吗 |
[11:11] | No. This girl Libby’s gonna drive. | 不 那姑娘莉比开车 |
[11:13] | Great. | 太好了 |
[11:14] | It’s not great, George. | 一点都不好 乔治 |
[11:16] | I don’t want my little boy in some car | 我可不希望我儿子坐上 |
[11:18] | with a teenager behind the wheel. | 由青少年驾驶的车 |
[11:20] | All high school kids drive. | 所有高中生都开车 |
[11:22] | Yeah? Well, I don’t like it. | 是吗 反正我不喜欢 |
[11:24] | Would you let me get in a car | 我小的时候 |
[11:25] | with a stranger when I was young? | 你会让我坐陌生人的车吗 |
[11:27] | Well, nobody ever asked you out, so it didn’t really matter. | 没人约过你出去 所以没什么所谓 |
[11:38] | Hey. I want to talk to you. | 我想跟你聊聊 |
[11:41] | Hold on. Let me bring this into the station | 等等 我先把火车停入车站 |
[11:43] | so as not to disappoint my commuters. | 才不会让通勤乘客们失望 |
[11:46] | They’d like to get home to their families. | 他们想回到家人身边 |
[11:52] | I gave it a lot of thought, and I’m afraid I can’t allow you | 我考虑了很久 恐怕我不能允许你 |
[11:55] | to drive to Houston with your friends. | 跟朋友开车去休斯顿 |
[11:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:58] | Well, honey, you’re still a little boy. | 亲爱的 你还是个小孩子 |
[12:00] | I don’t think it’s right. | 我觉得这样不对 |
[12:01] | I’m not a little boy. I’m a high school student. | 我不是小孩子了 我是高中生了 |
[12:03] | I’m sorry, I made up my mind. | 对不起 但我心意已决 |
[12:06] | If you’d really like to see this movie, | 如果你真的很想看这部电影 |
[12:07] | I’m willing to drive you. | 我愿意开车载你去 |
[12:09] | Maybe we could meet your friends there. | 或许我们可以和你朋友在那会合 |
[12:10] | I don’t want my mommy to take me. | 我不想要我妈咪带我去 |
[12:13] | Well, then, you’re not going. | 那你就别想去了 |
[12:16] | Anger is an ugly emotion. | 愤怒是一种丑陋的情绪 |
[12:18] | Unbridled rage even more so. | 狂怒更是如此 |
[12:21] | And when it bubbled up inside me, | 当我内心充满怒火时 |
[12:23] | I channeled it the only way I knew how. | 我用唯一懂得的方式来转化这种情绪 |
[12:30] | I cleaned the house like a man possessed. | 我仿佛着了魔一样 给房子彻底大扫除 |
[12:51] | I can’t hear Oprah! | 我听不见奥普拉说话了 |
[12:53] | I don’t care! | 关我鸟事 |
[12:59] | Sheldon, I need to get in there. | 谢尔顿 我需要进去 |
[13:01] | Poop at Meemaw’s! | 去姥姥家上大号吧 |
[13:17] | You missed a spot, weirdo. | 你漏了这里没擦 怪胎 |
[13:19] | I see it. | 我看到了 |
[13:33] | What am I supposed to do with this? | 他这副样子 我该这么办 |
[13:35] | Send him over to my house before he runs out of gas. | 在他的精力用光前 赶紧送去我家 |
[13:43] | All right, I’ll make a deal with you. | 好吧 我们谈笔交易 |
[13:45] | I’m listening. | 我在听 |
[13:47] | You can go to Houston with your friends, | 你可以跟朋友们去休斯顿 |
[13:49] | but I want to meet this girl first. | 但我想先见见这个女孩 |
[13:52] | That’s very reasonable. | 合乎情理 |
[13:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:55] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[13:57] | Now, can you please reach the dryer sheets? | 你能把烘干纸拿下来吗 |
[13:59] | I get vertigo on the step stool. | 我站上梯凳会头晕 |
[14:03] | I’ve often been accused | 我常被人形容 |
[14:05] | of being stubborn and willful, | 顽固不化 恣意妄为 |
[14:07] | but sometimes it works like gangbusters. | 但有时这招很有用 |
[14:13] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[14:14] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[14:16] | You have a beautiful home. | 你家很漂亮 |
[14:17] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[14:21] | I hope you’ll forgive me, I just wanted to meet | 希望你能原谅我 我就想见见 |
[14:23] | the person driving my nine-year-old son to Houston. | 开车载我9岁儿子去休斯顿的人 |
[14:26] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[14:27] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[14:28] | I wasn’t talking to you, Tam. | 我没跟你说话 丹 |
[14:31] | And I just wanted to make certain | 还有 我想确定一下 |
[14:33] | that you’ve had no traffic tickets | 你没被开过罚单 |
[14:34] | or, heaven forbid, accidents. | 更重要的是 没出过意外 |
[14:36] | No, ma’am. I’m a very safe driver. | 没有 女士 我开车很小心 |
[14:39] | – You’ve got nothing to worry about. – Good. | -你完全不必担心 -很好 |
[14:41] | Good. Have you made this trip before? | 很好 你以前开车去过休斯顿吗 |
[14:44] | A few times, yes. | 开过几次 |
[14:46] | Mm-hmm. You smoke marijuana? | 你吸大麻吗 |
[14:48] | – Mom! – No, ma’am. | -妈妈 -不吸 女士 |
[14:50] | Just say no. | 勇敢说不[反大麻口号] |
[14:55] | Well… | 好吧 |
[14:56] | I find this very reassuring. | 这让我很放心 |
[14:58] | I have to admit, | 我得承认 |
[14:59] | I had some trepidation, but… | 我本来有些担忧 但是 |
[15:01] | having met you, I’m feeling a lot better. | 见过你之后 我感觉好多了 |
[15:04] | Good. You’ve got nothing to worry about, Mrs. Cooper. | 那就好 你没什么可担心的 库珀太太 |
[15:07] | I’ve been babysitting kids for years. | 我有多年看顾小孩的经验 |
[15:10] | Babysitting… babysitting… | 看顾小孩 看顾小孩 |
[15:12] | Babysitting. | 看顾小孩 |
[15:13] | Babysitting… babysitting… | 看顾小孩 看顾小孩 |
[15:15] | I’ve been babysitting kids for years. | 我有多年看顾小孩的经验 |
[15:19] | Excuse me. | 恕我失陪 |
[15:21] | I don’t feel well. | 我不太舒服 |
[15:22] | They’ll have to go without me. | 他们自己去吧 我去不了了 |
[15:32] | Shelly, you okay? | 谢利 你没事吧 |
[15:36] | No. | 有事 |
[15:37] | You want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[15:39] | No. | 不想 |
[15:41] | You want me to leave you alone? | 想一个人待会吗 |
[15:44] | No. | 不想 |
[15:49] | I thought Libby and I were equals, | 我本来以为和莉比是平辈相交 |
[15:51] | but she thinks of me as a child. | 谁知道她将我视为小孩子 |
[15:54] | I’m sorry, baby. | 很遗憾 宝贝 |
[15:56] | Calling me that isn’t helping right now. | 现在这样叫我是雪上加霜 |
[15:58] | Right. Sorry. | 也是 对不起 |
[16:00] | She is almost twice your age. | 她的年纪几乎是你的两倍 |
[16:03] | There are people five times my age | 有些人年纪比我大五倍 |
[16:05] | that are stupider than me. | 还是比我蠢啊 |
[16:06] | This is not about being smart. | 这跟聪明没关系 |
[16:09] | – What else is there? – Well… | -那还跟什么有关系 -这个嘛 |
[16:11] | there’s other kinds of maturity. | 人有不同种的成熟 |
[16:13] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[16:15] | None of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[16:17] | Why is he crying? | 他为什么哭了 |
[16:18] | Again, it’s none of your business. | 再说一遍 不关你的事 |
[16:20] | Please go. | 请你离开 |
[16:21] | Fine. Celeste and I know when we aren’t wanted. | 好吧 塞莱斯特和我都很上道 |
[16:27] | Where were we? | 我们刚说到哪儿了 |
[16:28] | Different kinds of maturity. | 各种各样的成熟 |
[16:30] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[16:32] | There’s emotional maturity, physical maturity, | 有情感上的成熟 身体上的成熟 |
[16:36] | all things that have nothing to do with being smart. | 很多都跟聪明与否无关 |
[16:38] | Are you suggesting I’m not emotionally mature? | 你是在说我情感上不成熟吗 |
[16:41] | I was hinting at it. | 我只是暗示这一点 |
[16:43] | Regardless, I’m not interested in making any more friends. | 不管怎样 我都不想再交朋友了 |
[16:47] | Oh, I don’t think that’s how you really feel. | 我想那不是你真实的想法 |
[16:50] | It is. | 就是的 |
[16:52] | From now on, it’s a hermit’s life for me. | 从今以后 我要过上隐士般的生活 |
[16:55] | I bet, when you grow up, you will be surrounded | 我很肯定 你长大后 |
[16:58] | by lots of smart, wonderful friends. | 会交到很多聪明 优秀的朋友 |
[17:03] | I can’t see that happening. | 我觉得那是不可能的 |
[17:05] | Well, | 反正 |
[17:06] | the Lord works in mysterious ways. | 主自有他的安排 |
[17:09] | And here we go with the God talk. | 你又要搬出神的那一套了 |
[17:18] | Hey. | 你好 |
[17:20] | Hey. | 你好 |
[17:21] | How was the IMAX movie? | 巨幕电影看得怎么样了 |
[17:24] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[17:26] | Okay, status. Find them? | 好的 状态 找到他们了吗 |
[17:28] | Go. Guidance… | 去吧 指引… |
[17:33] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[17:36] | What do you think I’m doing? | 你觉得我在干什么 |
[17:37] | Move your arm before I rip it off. | 把爪子收回去 否则我把它拧断 |
[17:42] | It got a little uncomfortable. | 气氛变得有些尴尬 |
[17:44] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[17:46] | Libby’s got feelings for me, | 莉比对我有意思 |
[17:47] | but I think it’s better we just stay friends. | 但我觉得保持朋友关系比较好 |
[17:50] | I’ve been giving geology some more thought. | 最近我又思考了一下地质学 |
[17:53] | Yeah, and? | 结果呢 |
[17:54] | I’ve decided it’s not really a science. | 我决定了 那不是真正的科学 |
[17:57] | – It’s not? – No, it’s more like a hobby. | -不是吗 -不是 比较像是爱好 |
[17:59] | Rock collecting. | 收集石头 |
[18:01] | Childish, really. | 挺幼稚的 |
[18:03] | I can see that. | 我懂你意思 |
[18:04] | As you can see, | 如你们所见 |
[18:05] | sometimes a person can be both incredibly intelligent | 有时一个绝顶聪明的人 |
[18:09] | and full of baloney. | 也会满口胡言 |