时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | On any given day, | 随便哪天 |
[00:06] | our school gymnasium presented a cocktail of horrors. | 我们学校的体育馆都会发生各式各样的恐怖事 |
[00:12] | From daily humiliation… | 从日常丢脸 |
[00:17] | …to school-sanctioned violence… | 到学校认可的暴力 |
[00:20] | But one day a year, the gymnasium was transformed | 但每年有那么一天 体育馆会摇身一变 |
[00:24] | into a haven of learning | 成为学习的殿堂 |
[00:26] | thanks to a remarkable institution | 这都要感谢一个了不起的惯例 |
[00:28] | known as the science fair. | 科学展 |
[00:30] | A chance for the student body to come together | 全体学生都有机会 |
[00:33] | in the name of research and progress. | 以研究和进步之名齐聚一堂 |
[00:35] | Uh, while some did the bare minimum… | 有些人毫不努力 |
[00:40] | …and others preferred razzamatazz over raw data, | 其他人则喜欢作秀多过原始数据 |
[00:40] | 范德格拉夫起电机 产生静电高压的装置 | |
[00:44] | I set out to save humanity from deadly asteroids. | 我致力于拯救人类不被致命小行星灭绝 |
[00:44] | 小行星的追踪和偏移 由谢尔顿·李·库珀呈现 | |
[00:48] | And made it all neatly fit on three poster boards. | 我把内容都整齐排在三块硬纸板上 |
[00:51] | The science fair may be a competition, | 科学展也许是场比赛 |
[00:54] | but when the goal is promoting knowledge, we’re all winners. | 但当目的是分享知识时 我们都是赢家 |
[00:58] | And the winner | 赢得 |
[00:59] | of the Medford High School Science Fair is… | 梅德福高中科学展的就是… |
[01:02] | SueAnn Ludlow! | 苏安·拉德洛 |
[01:04] | You’ve got to be kidding me! | 你逗我呢吧 |
[01:06] | Shelly. | 谢利 |
[01:08] | You people are crazy! | 你们这些人都疯了 |
[01:10] | Hey. All right. | 好了 |
[01:11] | You’re celebrating mediocrity! | 你们在赞美平庸 |
[01:13] | Mediocrity! | 平庸 |
[01:15] | Mediocrity! | 平庸啊 |
[01:18] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:21] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:24] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:27] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:29] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:36] | I’ll be in my room. | 我回房间去了 |
[01:37] | Oh, come on, Shelly. | 别这样 谢利 |
[01:39] | You still got an honorable mention. | 你还是得到优等奖了呀 |
[01:40] | Stop reminding me. | 别提起我的伤心事了 |
[01:43] | I hate to see him so upset. | 我讨厌看到他如此不开心 |
[01:46] | Well, give him a little time, he’ll calm down. | 给他点时间嘛 他会冷静下来的 |
[01:49] | Fiddle-faddle! | 狗屁不通 |
[01:51] | The F word. | 都骂脏字了 |
[01:52] | He’s real mad. | 他真的很生气 |
[01:53] | You don’t always win in life, he needs to learn that. | 生活中并非次次能赢 他需要学会这点 |
[01:55] | I know, but these are big feelings for a little boy. | 我知道 但这对小男孩来说是很激烈的情绪 |
[01:58] | They’re feelings everybody has. | 每个人都有这种情绪 |
[01:59] | It’s part of growing up. | 这是成长必经阶段 |
[02:01] | I guess. | 说得也是 |
[02:02] | Poodle poop! | 狗狗屎 |
[02:04] | Okay. | 好了 |
[02:05] | Somebody’s got to teach this kid to swear, | 得有人去教这孩子如何骂脏话了 |
[02:07] | it’s embarrassing. | 这样很丢人 |
[02:14] | Sheldon, listen, | 谢尔顿 听着 |
[02:15] | I know losing ain’t easy. | 我知道输很难接受 |
[02:17] | I deal with it on the football field all the time. | 我在橄榄球场上经常要面对这个 |
[02:23] | It’s like that big game we had last year against Nacogdoches. | 就像我们去年对纳卡多奇斯队那场重要的比赛 |
[02:27] | We were down 28 points at the half. | 中场休息时我们落后28分 |
[02:29] | It was raining, it was muddy. | 当时在下雨 一片泥泞 |
[02:32] | Everybody in the stands had gone home. | 看台上的人全都回家了 |
[02:34] | But somehow, we managed to claw our way back | 但不知怎的 我们成功在终场前一分钟 |
[02:36] | to a tie with a minute left. | 追成平手 |
[02:38] | And then, they threw a Hail Mary, | 然后他们传了一个孤注一掷的长传 |
[02:40] | and the receiver stepped out of bounds, | 接球员出界了 |
[02:41] | but the ref didn’t see it. | 但裁判没看到 |
[02:43] | After all that, we lose on a bad call. | 经历了这么多后 我们输在了错判上 |
[02:48] | Believe me, I was furious. | 相信我 我当时气炸了 |
[02:51] | But I sucked it up, | 但我忍住了 |
[02:53] | and I walked across that field and I shook their hands. | 我走到球场另一边 跟他们握手 |
[02:58] | I didn’t hear a word you said. | 你刚说的我一个字都没听进去 |
[03:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:04] | So while an animal cell has a membrane, | 动物细胞有细胞膜 |
[03:07] | a plant cell has a membrane and a cell wall. | 植物细胞则有细胞膜和细胞壁 |
[03:10] | Who cares? | 谁在乎啊 |
[03:12] | Sheldon, what are you doing? | 谢尔顿 你在干什么 |
[03:13] | Being disrespectful, sir. | 目无尊长 老师 |
[03:15] | Ah. How come? | 为什么 |
[03:16] | Because I’m disillusioned with the school system. | 因为我对学校制度幻灭了 |
[03:20] | Georgie, do you know what’s going on with him? | 小乔治 你知道他怎么回事吗 |
[03:22] | Actually, I’m trying to ignore it. | 事实上 我在努力无视他 |
[03:25] | Well, get your feet off the desk. | 你把脚放下来 |
[03:27] | What if I don’t? | 如果我不放呢 |
[03:28] | I was sent to see Principal Petersen. | 老师叫我来见彼得森校长 |
[03:31] | What is it this time? | 这次你又做了什么 |
[03:32] | Youthful rebellion. | 青春期叛逆 |
[03:34] | My voice hasn’t changed yet, but my attitude has. | 我还没变声 但我的态度变了 |
[03:37] | I’ll let him know you’re here. | 我通知他你来了 |
[03:38] | You do that. | 麻利点儿 |
[03:40] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[03:47] | Sheldon Cooper’s outside. | 谢尔顿·库珀在外面 |
[03:49] | Who sent him now? | 这次是谁叫他来的 |
[03:51] | – Givens. – Well, you know what? | -吉文斯 -你知道吗 |
[03:52] | Givens needs to man up. | 吉文斯应该爷们一点 |
[03:54] | Cooper’s a little boy. | 库珀只是个小男孩 |
[03:55] | It’s not hard to handle him. | 对付他一点都不难啊 |
[03:57] | I’ll send him in. | 我叫他进来 |
[03:58] | H-Hold on a minute, just… | 先等一下 |
[04:00] | Does he know I’m in here? | 他知道我在办公室吗 |
[04:02] | Attention, students and faculty. | 全体学生和教员请注意 |
[04:04] | Oh, no. | 糟了 |
[04:05] | This is Sheldon Lee Cooper. | 我是谢尔顿·李·库珀 |
[04:08] | What the hell? | 什么鬼 |
[04:10] | We’re taught that hard work pays off, but that’s not true. | 我们被教导努力会有回报 但那不是真的 |
[04:13] | I came up with a solution to save Earth | 我想出了从致命小行星手中 |
[04:16] | from killer asteroids, | 拯救地球的方法 |
[04:17] | and lost the science fair | 却在科学展中 |
[04:19] | to SueAnn Ludlow, and her frizzy hair machine. | 输给了苏安·拉德洛 及她的炸头毛机器 |
[04:22] | But it wasn’t just me who lost, we all lost. | 但输的不只是我 我们都输了 |
[04:25] | Wake up, people. | 你们清醒一点 |
[04:26] | The system’s broken. | 这个体制已经崩坏了 |
[04:28] | Real innovation isn’t valued. | 真正的创新不被重视 |
[04:31] | Nowadays, it’s all about flash and style. | 这年头 浮夸和有型才是王道 |
[04:34] | I blame MTV. | 都怪MTV台 |
[04:34] | 音乐电视网频道 节目主要面向青少年 有时被人诟病推广脑残内容 | |
[04:35] | Luckily, my parents can’t afford cable. | 幸好我的父母订不起有线电视台 |
[04:38] | We can afford it. | 我们订得起啦 |
[04:41] | I urge you all to rise up. | 我敦促你们都起来反抗 |
[04:44] | They can’t send everyone to the principal’s office. | 法不责众 不可能全都去见校长 |
[04:46] | Chew gum in class, use a number one pencil, | 在课上嚼口香糖 改用一号铅笔 |
[04:49] | go nuts. | 疯起来吧 |
[04:50] | This is Sheldon Lee Cooper signing off. | 谢尔顿·李·库珀发言完毕 |
[04:52] | Live long and prosper. | 生生不息 繁荣昌盛 |
[04:54] | You better run, you little punk! | 有种你别跑 小兔崽子 |
[05:00] | I can’t believe you sent him to bed without his dinner. | 真不敢相信你让他饿着肚子就上床睡觉 |
[05:02] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[05:03] | On spaghetti and hot dog night. | 而且今晚还是吃热狗意粉 |
[05:05] | – That’s rough. – He’s got to learn. | -够残忍 -他必须学会教训 |
[05:07] | Let’s talk about something else. | 我们聊点别的吧 |
[05:09] | Georgie, how was your day? | 小乔治 你今天过得怎么样 |
[05:10] | My brother told the entire school we can’t afford cable. | 我弟弟告诉全校的人我们家订不起有线电视 |
[05:13] | Oh, right. | 对哦 |
[05:15] | Missy? | 米希 |
[05:16] | Good, until I learned we can’t afford cable. | 本来挺好 直到听说我们订不起有线电视 |
[05:20] | I’ve been thinking, and there’s something I’d like to say. | 我一直在思考 我有话想说 |
[05:23] | Unless it’s an apology, I don’t want to hear it. | 除非是道歉 否则就不用说了 |
[05:25] | I’m quitting science. | 我要放弃科学 |
[05:28] | Not an apology. | 并不是道歉 |
[05:30] | Spank him, Dad. | 打他屁股 爸爸 |
[05:38] | I’m really getting worried about Shelly. | 我真的开始担心谢利了 |
[05:41] | Acting out, and now quitting science? | 之前是发脾气 现在还要放弃科学 |
[05:43] | Oh, I’m sure he’ll get right back to it. | 他一定马上就重新沉迷科学的 |
[05:45] | I’ve quit smoking and gambling plenty of times. | 我也戒过烟和赌博很多次了 |
[05:48] | Hmm. Look in my purse. | 打开我包包看看 |
[05:49] | Nothing but cigarettes and scratchers. | 里面只有烟和刮刮乐彩票 |
[05:53] | Maybe he should talk to somebody. | 也许他该找人谈谈 |
[05:54] | Not it. | 做梦 |
[05:55] | I meant a professional, George. | 我是指跟专业人士谈 乔治 |
[05:58] | But way to be a dad. | 不过你可真是”好”爸爸啊 |
[06:12] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[06:13] | Thank you for seeing us on such short notice, Doctor. | 谢谢你这么快就腾出时间见我们 医生 |
[06:15] | Oh, not a problem. | 不客气 |
[06:17] | Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[06:18] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[06:19] | Do you remember me? | 你记得我吗 |
[06:20] | I remember everything. | 我什么都记得 |
[06:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:23] | Uh, you two, make yourselves comfortable. | 二位女士请随意 |
[06:25] | Me and my main man Sheldon are gonna go | 我跟我兄弟谢尔顿 |
[06:26] | have a little chitchat in my office. | 要到我办公室里好好聊聊 |
[06:28] | I don’t like chitchat, and I’m not your main man. | 我不喜欢聊天 我也不是你兄弟 |
[06:32] | Right on. | 好极了 |
[06:33] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[06:37] | Now, Sheldon, I understand you’ve changed your mind | 谢尔顿 我知道你改变主意 |
[06:40] | about being a scientist. | 不想当科学家了 |
[06:42] | And you’re gonna say I can’t? | 你打算说我不能这么做吗 |
[06:44] | No. I think that’s great. | 不 我觉得那样很棒 |
[06:46] | – You do? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[06:48] | I think it’s important to keep your options open. | 我认为对人生选择保持开放态度是好事 |
[06:50] | Let me tell you a little story | 让我告诉你一个小故事 |
[06:51] | about an extremely smart young boy. | 主角是一个非常聪明的小男孩 |
[06:54] | Me? | 我吗 |
[06:55] | Me. | 是我 |
[06:56] | For the longest time, | 有很长一段时间 |
[06:57] | I thought I was gonna be | 我都以为自己会成为 |
[06:58] | a professional figure skater. | 一名专业花样滑冰运动员 |
[07:00] | And then you became disenchanted with the field like I did? | 然后你跟我一样对那个领域幻想破灭了吗 |
[07:03] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[07:04] | Someone skated right over my foot. | 有人穿着冰鞋在我脚上滑过 |
[07:06] | And that was that. | 从此没戏了 |
[07:08] | I’m not sure that’s the same thing. | 我不确定这是一回事 |
[07:10] | I’d say you lost your passion the way I lost my big toe. | 你失去激情与我失去脚趾的方式如出一辙 |
[07:20] | Don’t draw in that. | 别在上面乱画 |
[07:22] | Hey. We’re all done. | 我们结束了 |
[07:24] | – How’d it go? – Great. | -怎么样 -很好 |
[07:26] | I feel a lot better. | 我感觉好多了 |
[07:27] | Well, that’s just wonderful. | 实在太棒了 |
[07:29] | So, you’re going back to science? | 那你要继续研究科学吗 |
[07:31] | No. In fact, I’m going as far away from science as possible. | 不 事实上我要离科学越远越好 |
[07:35] | I plan to pursue the arts. | 我打算投身艺术行业 |
[07:37] | What kind of arts? | 哪种艺术 |
[07:38] | I’ve decided to become an actor. | 我决定以后要当演员 |
[07:42] | Of course you have. | 不出所料 |
[07:46] | Why’s he want to study acting? | 他为什么想学演戏 |
[07:48] | The doctor encouraged him to try something different. | 医生鼓励他尝试不一样的东西 |
[07:51] | Maybe he’ll learn to act normal. | 也许他能学会表现得像正常人 |
[07:53] | How about you learn to act nice? | 不如你学学如何友善待人吧 |
[07:54] | You people don’t appreciate my sense of humor. | 你们都不懂欣赏我的幽默感 |
[07:57] | As long as he starts behaving himself in school, | 只要他开始在学校乖乖的 |
[07:59] | I don’t care what he does. | 我不在乎他做什么 |
[08:01] | You know, I actually did a little community theater | 其实我20几岁时 曾在一个社区小剧团 |
[08:04] | back in my 20s. | 演过戏 |
[08:05] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[08:06] | I had a good part in Oklahoma. | 我在《俄克拉荷马》演了个很棒的角色 |
[08:08] | ♪ I’m just a girl who can’t say no. ♪ | ♪ 我就是一个无法拒绝的女孩 ♪ |
[08:11] | Say no to what? | 拒绝什么 |
[08:13] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[08:13] | To, uh, eating her vegetables. | 无法拒绝吃蔬菜 |
[08:16] | It was fun. | 特别好玩 |
[08:17] | But I’m pretty sure doing plays | 不过我很肯定排戏 |
[08:19] | is just an excuse to change in front of each other backstage. | 只是为了能在后台一起换衣服 |
[08:22] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[08:24] | Theater folk just love to take their clothes off. | 戏剧圈的人可爱脱衣服了 |
[08:26] | How many people saw you naked? | 有多少人看过你的裸体 |
[08:28] | A lot. | 很多 |
[08:29] | – Mom. – Enough. | -妈妈 -够了 |
[08:31] | Y’all don’t understand my sense of humor, either. | 你们也不懂我的幽默 |
[08:43] | Hello. Are you Mr. Lundy? | 你好 请问你是伦迪老师[先生]吗 |
[08:45] | My father is Mr. Lundy. | 我父亲才是伦迪先生 |
[08:48] | Well, then what should I call you? | 那我应该怎么称呼你 |
[08:52] | I guess Mr. Lundy. | 伦迪先生吧 |
[08:53] | My father’s dead. | 毕竟我爸不在了 |
[08:55] | I was told you’re the head of the drama department. | 他们告诉我你是戏剧部的负责人 |
[08:58] | Mm-hmm, and the girls’ volleyball coach, | 没错 也是女子排球队的教练 |
[09:00] | which, between us, is the real drama department. | 偷偷告诉你 那边的人戏才多 |
[09:03] | Was that a joke? | 这是个笑话吗 |
[09:05] | I thought so. | 我觉得是 |
[09:09] | Can I help you? | 你有什么事 |
[09:10] | I’m interested in becoming an actor. | 我想当演员 |
[09:13] | Well, good for you. | 那敢情好 |
[09:15] | You’ve come to the right place. | 你来这里就对了 |
[09:16] | You know, I-I’ve been a professional actor | 我也是个职业演员呢 |
[09:19] | for years and years. | 当了好多好多年了 |
[09:20] | Really? What have you been in? | 真的吗 你演过什么 |
[09:22] | Well, have you seen the mattress madness commercials | 你看过一个床垫的广告吗 |
[09:24] | on channel 68? | 在68频道播出的 |
[09:26] | I’m soft and firm | 我又柔软又结实 |
[09:28] | in all the right places. | 该软则软 该结实则结实 |
[09:33] | Wow. You’re famous. | 你是名人啊 |
[09:35] | Well, I… | 这个嘛… |
[09:36] | And I was Carbucketty | 我也曾经出演过 |
[09:39] | in the Dallas-Fort Worth Players production of Cats. | 达拉斯沃斯堡市制作的音乐剧《猫》 |
[09:44] | Did you see that? | 看到没 |
[09:44] | No, I’m afraid of cats. | 不要 我怕猫 |
[09:46] | Well, you realize the cats are just the actors. | 你知道那些猫都是演员演的吧 |
[09:49] | I still wouldn’t risk it. | 我还是不想冒这个险 |
[09:51] | You’re an odd boy, but you make it work. | 你真是个奇特的孩子 但你应该能行 |
[09:55] | Anyway, uh, auditions are next week. | 好了 试镜是在下周 |
[09:57] | – You’re welcome to come on by. – Excellent. | -到时候欢迎你来 -太好了 |
[09:59] | I checked out a book on acting | 我借了一本讲演戏的书 |
[10:00] | so I should have the hang of it by then. | 到时候我应该已经掌握得差不多了 |
[10:02] | Well, I like that confidence. | 我喜欢你这自信 |
[10:04] | Thank you. Most people find it off-putting. | 谢谢 大多数人都觉得反感 |
[10:09] | I can see that. | 我也能理解 |
[10:13] | To master acting, I immersed myself | 要想掌握演戏 我先让自己 |
[10:16] | in all forms of the genre, from silent films | 沉浸在各种不同类型的作品里 从默片 |
[10:21] | to modern classics… | 到现代经典 |
[10:30] | …to logic-defying experimental work. | 到反逻辑的实验性作品 |
[10:30] | 1952年的不朽音乐歌舞片杰作《雨中曲》 歌曲名《Good morning》 | |
[10:33] | ♪ It’s great to stay up late… ♪ | ♪ 睡懒觉最棒了 ♪ |
[10:35] | Why are they all singing? | 他们为什么都在唱歌 |
[10:37] | Because it’s a musical. | 因为这是歌舞片啊 |
[10:38] | But why can’t they just say it? | 他们为什么不能用说的呢 |
[10:40] | Well, that wouldn’t be very musical, would it? | 那就不够”歌舞”了 不是吗 |
[10:44] | ♪ The stars were shining bright… ♪ | ♪ 繁星在闪耀 ♪ |
[10:46] | And where is the music coming from? | 而且他们的音乐是从哪来的啊 |
[10:48] | You’re thinking about it too much. | 你太较真了 |
[10:50] | ♪ So, good morning ♪ | ♪ 所以 早安 ♪ |
[10:52] | ♪ Good morning… ♪ | ♪ 早安 ♪ |
[10:54] | And how do they all know the same dance? | 而且他们为什么都会跳同一套舞啊 |
[10:56] | – Come on. – Moonpie. | -别问了 -小饼饼 |
[11:08] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[11:10] | A brooch. | 胸针 |
[11:11] | What’s a brooch? | 什么是胸针 |
[11:13] | It’s a piece of jewelry. | 是一种首饰 |
[11:15] | In my acting book, there’s an exercise | 在演戏的书里有个小练习 |
[11:17] | where you look for a missing brooch in a convincing way. | 就是你得用令人信服的方式寻找一个胸针 |
[11:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:21] | According to the story, it was given to me by a friend | 根据书中的背景故事 这个是我朋友送的 |
[11:24] | so I could afford to stay in drama school, but now it’s gone. | 让我变卖好继续读戏剧学校 被我弄丢了 |
[11:28] | Well, good luck finding it. | 祝你早日找到啦 |
[11:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:30] | Wait. | 等等 |
[11:32] | You really believed I was looking for something. | 你真的相信了我是在找东西 |
[11:36] | I did it. | 我成功啦 |
[11:37] | I’m an actor. | 我是个演员 |
[11:39] | You’re a freak. | 你是个神经病 |
[11:41] | Oh, where the heck is that brooch? | 这胸针到底是跑哪去了 |
[11:46] | If I can change, | 如果我能改变 |
[11:48] | and you can change, | 你也能改变 |
[11:50] | everybody can change. | 那每个人都能改变 |
[11:53] | Thank you, Eva. | 谢谢你 伊娃 |
[11:54] | That was a-a lovely reading from Rocky IV. | 谢谢你朗读拳击片《洛奇4》台词的演出 |
[11:58] | All right, Mr. Cooper. | 好了 库珀先生 |
[12:00] | The stage is yours. | 舞台是你的了 |
[12:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:05] | I’d like to begin with a monologue from King Lear. | 我想要先来一段《李尔王》中的独白 |
[12:11] | What? | 怎么 |
[12:13] | I believe you’re supposed to say “break a leg.” | 演员开演前 你应该说”祝开演成功”[断条腿] |
[12:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:17] | Break a leg. | 祝开演成功 |
[12:21] | Poor naked wretches, | 可怜的衣不蔽体的穷人们 |
[12:23] | whereso’er you are, | 不管你们身处何方 |
[12:26] | that bide the pelting of this pitiless storm. | 都要忍受这样无情的暴风雨的袭击 |
[12:30] | How shall your houseless heads and unfed sides, | 你们头无片瓦 饥肠辘辘 |
[12:34] | your looped and windowed raggedness defend you | 穿着百孔千疮的衣服 如何抵挡 |
[12:37] | from seasons such as these? | 这样的天气 |
[12:40] | Oh, I’ve ta’en too little care of this. | 哦 我对这样的事关心得太少了 |
[12:45] | Take physic, pomp. | 吞下这剂药吧 衣着华丽的贵人 |
[12:48] | Expose thyself to feel what wretches feel, | 让你体验一下穷人的痛苦 |
[12:51] | that thou may shake the superflux to them | 好把多余的财物分给他们 |
[12:53] | and show the heavens more just. | 使上天显得更加公平 |
[12:59] | Holy mackerel. | 我了个天啊 |
[13:01] | ♪ Don’t cry for me, Argentina ♪ | ♪ 阿根廷 别为我哭泣 ♪ |
[13:01] | 音乐剧《艾薇塔》与歌舞电影《贝隆夫人》中的名曲 《阿根廷别为我哭泣》 | |
[13:06] | ♪ The truth is I never left you ♪ | ♪ 事实上我从未离开过你 ♪ |
[13:11] | ♪ All through my wild days ♪ | ♪ 在那段狂野岁月里 ♪ |
[13:14] | ♪ My mad existence ♪ | ♪ 疯狂历程中 ♪ |
[13:16] | ♪ I kept my promise ♪ | ♪ 我都谨记诺言 ♪ |
[13:19] | ♪ Don’t keep your distance… ♪ | ♪ 别将我拒之门外 ♪ |
[13:26] | ♪ I’ve got daisies ♪ | ♪ 我有雏菊 ♪ |
[13:28] | ♪ In green pastures ♪ | ♪ 在绿色牧场里 ♪ |
[13:31] | ♪ I’ve got my girl ♪ | ♪ 我得到了我的姑娘 ♪ |
[13:33] | ♪ Who could ask for anything more ♪ | ♪ 我还有什么好要求的呢 ♪ |
[13:36] | ♪ Old man trouble ♪ | ♪ 老人麻烦 ♪ |
[13:38] | ♪ I don’t mind him ♪ | ♪ 我不管它 ♪ |
[13:41] | ♪ You won’t find him ♪ | ♪ 你不会发现 ♪ |
[13:43] | ♪ Hanging ’round my door ♪ | ♪ 他在我家外面转悠 ♪ |
[13:46] | ♪ I’ve got starlight ♪ | ♪ 我有星光 ♪ |
[13:48] | ♪ I’ve got sweet dreams ♪ | ♪ 我有美梦 ♪ |
[13:51] | ♪ I’ve got my star ♪ | ♪ 我有我的明星 ♪ |
[13:53] | ♪ Who could ask for anything more? ♪ | ♪ 我还有什么好要求的呢 ♪ |
[13:55] | ♪ Who could ask for anything more? ♪ | ♪ 我还有什么好要求的呢 ♪ |
[14:05] | That looked dangerous. | 你那样看起来好危险啊 |
[14:07] | No, that looks dangerous. | 不 你那个看起来才危险 |
[14:10] | We’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[14:11] | Hey. How’d the audition go? | 试镜如何啦 |
[14:13] | Great. I got the lead. | 很好啊 我演主角 |
[14:15] | You’re kidding. | 不是吧 |
[14:16] | What’s the play? | 什么剧目啊 |
[14:18] | Annie. | 《安妮》 |
[14:20] | I need to go learn my lines. | 我要去学习我的台词了 |
[14:26] | Now, I was a little unsure at first, | 我刚听到时心里也有疑虑 |
[14:28] | but Sandy Duncan does play Peter Pan, | 但女演员桑迪·邓肯也曾反串演过《小飞侠》 |
[14:31] | so when you think about it… | 所以如果你仔细想想 |
[14:32] | Connie, you’re not helping. | 康妮 你说这话纯帮倒忙 |
[14:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:49] | I want to talk to you about this play. | 我想跟你聊聊这舞台剧的事 |
[14:51] | I’m excited about it, too. | 我也很兴奋 |
[14:54] | You know, if you play the part of a girl, | 你知道你要是扮演女孩角色 |
[14:56] | people might make fun of you. | 别人很有可能会取笑你吧 |
[14:57] | Mr. Lundy’s trying to push the boundaries | 伦迪先生想要冲击德州东部 |
[14:59] | of drama in East Texas. | 大家对戏剧的界限 |
[15:01] | One way to do that is cross-gender casting. | 其中一个方式就是女角男演 |
[15:05] | Let me rephrase that: | 让我修正一下我的措辞 |
[15:06] | if you play the part of a girl, people will make fun of you. | 如果你去扮女生 别人一定会取笑你 |
[15:09] | In Shakespeare’s time, the men played all the female parts. | 在莎士比亚的年代 所有的女角都是男人演的 |
[15:12] | No one made fun of it. | 也没人取笑他们啊 |
[15:13] | If Shakespeare went to public high school, | 如果莎士比亚去上了公立学校 |
[15:15] | it’d be a different story. | 那情况就不会是这样了 |
[15:16] | You know, Sandy Duncan plays the part of Peter Pan… | 你知道桑迪·邓肯也演过男角色彼得潘吧 |
[15:18] | Yeah, yeah, I heard. | 是啦 我听说了 |
[15:26] | I’m trying to protect you, son. | 儿子 爸爸是想保护你 |
[15:28] | I appreciate that. | 我谢谢你的好意 |
[15:29] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:31] | You’re a football coach. | 你是个橄榄球教练 |
[15:33] | Isn’t it your responsibility | 你的责任不就是 |
[15:34] | to put in the best player for the job? | 把球员安排在最适合的位子上吗 |
[15:37] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[15:39] | Well, I want to do this, | 我想演戏 |
[15:42] | and Mr. Lundy said I was the best. | 而伦迪先生说我是最棒的 |
[15:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:50] | Can you at least wear pants instead of a dress? | 那你能起码穿裤子而不穿裙子吗 |
[15:53] | I’ll give you a definite maybe. | 我给你个十分肯定的可能吧 |
[16:01] | Okay, who’s excited? | 好了 谁很期待啊 |
[16:03] | I don’t want to see Sheldon’s stupid play, it’s humiliating. | 我不想看谢尔顿的白痴舞台剧 太丢人了 |
[16:06] | That’s why I want to see it. | 这正是我想看的原因 |
[16:08] | We’re going to support your brother. | 我们要去支持你弟弟 |
[16:10] | Not another word about it. | 我不想再听你们说任何一个字 |
[16:14] | Can we at least sit in the back? | 我们能好歹坐到后排去吗 |
[16:15] | Not a word. | 不许再说 |
[16:19] | Well, I’m excited. | 我很期待啊 |
[16:26] | Okay, everybody, ten minutes to curtain. | 好了 大家 还有10分钟就开演了 |
[16:29] | No smiling, girls, it’s a hard knock life. | 姑娘们 不许笑 生活很艰难 |
[16:31] | How you doing, Mr. Cooper? | 你怎么样啦 库珀先生 |
[16:33] | You in touch with your inner Annie? | 跟内心的安妮起共鸣了吗 |
[16:35] | I believe so. | 有的吧 |
[16:37] | Good. It’s a packed house. | 太好了 今天满座呢 |
[16:40] | Wha– oh, what the heck? | 哇 什么鬼 |
[16:41] | Katie? Katie. You’re an orphan, | 凯蒂 凯蒂 你是孤儿 |
[16:43] | sweetheart, not a coal miner. | 亲爱的 不是矿工 |
[16:45] | Let’s tone that down, hmm? | 稍微收敛一点好吗 |
[17:01] | Oh, dear. | 老天爷啊 |
[17:03] | I can’t do this. | 我做不来 |
[17:05] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[17:06] | The play, I can’t do it. | 舞台剧 我不行 |
[17:07] | There are too many people out there. | 外面太多人了 |
[17:09] | Oh, that is just stage fright. | 你这是怯场 |
[17:11] | That’s completely normal. | 这情况很正常 |
[17:12] | No, this is a full-blown panic attack. | 不 我这是恐慌症大发作 |
[17:14] | All right, listen to me. | 好吧 你听我说 |
[17:16] | You’re feeling scared. | 你感到害怕 |
[17:17] | I get that, but what you have to understand | 我能理解 但你得知道 |
[17:21] | is you’re not going out on that stage alone. | 你不是独自一个人上台 |
[17:24] | Everybody, gather around, hmm? | 各位 大家都集合过来 |
[17:26] | Uh, Sheldon, | 谢尔顿 |
[17:28] | have you ever been to the circus? | 你去看过马戏团吗 |
[17:29] | Yes. | 有 |
[17:30] | Okay, good. | 很好 |
[17:31] | I had a panic attack there, too. | 我在那里也恐慌症发作了 |
[17:34] | My point is, | 我想说的是 |
[17:35] | the trapeze artist always performs with a net | 高空秋千表演永远都有安全网在下面 |
[17:40] | to catch him, to protect him. | 来接住他 保护他 |
[17:42] | And you are protected by everyone standing here. | 而你也被这里的大家保护着 |
[17:47] | Nothing can happen to you out on that stage, | 在台上你不会有任何事 |
[17:50] | because we’re a team. | 因为我们是个团队 |
[17:52] | We are your net. | 我们是你的安全网 |
[17:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道了 |
[18:00] | Sheldon, come here. | 谢尔顿 你过来 |
[18:02] | You… | 你 |
[18:04] | are a star, | 就是个明星 |
[18:07] | and that audience | 而外面的观众 |
[18:08] | deserves to see you shine. | 应该有机会看到你闪耀 |
[18:18] | Mr. Lundy gave a compelling speech. | 伦迪先生的演说十分动人 |
[18:21] | The audience did deserve to see what they came for, | 的确该让观众有不虚此行的机会 |
[18:24] | an eager boy bravely taking on | 一个充满热情的男孩扮演着 |
[18:27] | the role of Little Orphan Annie. | 小孤儿安妮这个角色 |
[18:30] | You’re looking for a knuckle sandwich. | 我看你是找揍 |
[18:32] | And in that respect, they were not disappointed. | 按这个来说 他们的确没有失望 |
[18:36] | Pipe down, all of you. | 你们大家都安静 |
[18:38] | Go back to sleep. | 快回去睡觉 |
[18:41] | It’s all right, Molly. | 没事的 摩丽 |
[18:42] | Annie’s here. | 安妮来了 |
[18:45] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[18:47] | I’d tell you how an East Texas audience in 1989 responded | 我很乐意说出89年在民风剽悍的德州东部 |
[18:52] | to a grown man playing Annie, | 观众对于成年男人扮演安妮的反应 |
[18:55] | but I think you know. | 不过我想你们都猜得到 |
[19:00] | What’s my line? | 我的台词是什么 |
[19:04] | ♪ The sun come out tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 明天太阳将升起 ♪ |
[19:07] | ♪ Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 我跟你打包票 明天依旧 ♪ |
[19:11] | ♪ There’ll be sun ♪ | ♪ 会艳阳高照 ♪ |
[19:13] | ♪ When I’m stuck with a day that’s gray ♪ | ♪ 当我觉得日子灰暗 ♪ |
[19:16] | ♪ And lonely ♪ | ♪ 与寂寞的时候 ♪ |
[19:18] | ♪ I just stick out my chin and grin ♪ | ♪ 我会抬起下巴 露出微笑 ♪ |
[19:21] | ♪ And say ♪ | ♪ 并说 ♪ |
[19:26] | I think I see his underpants. | 我好像看到了他的内裤 |
[19:28] | I told you. | 我就跟你说吧 |
[19:30] | Theatre folk just love to show off their business. | 戏剧圈的人就爱露 |
[19:32] | ♪ Always a day away ♪ | ♪ 永远都会在新的一天到来 ♪ |
[19:36] | ♪ Tomorrow, tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 明天 明天 ♪ |
[19:39] | ♪ I love you, tomorrow ♪ | ♪ 我爱你 明天 ♪ |
[19:42] | ♪ You’re always a day ♪ | ♪ 你永远都会在 ♪ |
[19:45] | ♪ Away. ♪ | ♪ 新的一天到来 ♪ |