时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I’ve been corresponding with Dr. John Sturgis | 我跟约翰·斯特吉斯博士一直有通信 |
[00:05] | at East Texas Tech. | 他在东德克萨斯理工大学教书 |
[00:06] | He said I could audit his course. | 他说我能去旁听他的课 |
[00:08] | Connie, I would like to see you again. | 康妮 我很希望能再跟你见面 |
[00:10] | Perhaps we could have dinner sometime. | 或许有机会我们可以一起吃个晚饭 |
[00:12] | Yes, we would love that. | 太好了 我们很愿意 |
[00:15] | We would? | 我们会愿意吗 |
[00:16] | If they get married, we immediately double | 如果他们结婚了 我们家族的聪明人数量 |
[00:18] | the number of smart people in our family. | 就可以瞬间加倍呢 |
[00:21] | Hello, Dr. Sturgis. | 你好 斯特吉斯博士 |
[00:22] | Hello, Sheldon. | 你好 谢尔顿 |
[00:23] | Can you see yourself living here? I can. | 你能想象你住在这里吗 我就能 |
[00:31] | Mmm. Good ratio of hot dog chunks to spaghetti. | 热狗丁跟意面的比例完美 |
[00:34] | I’ve been experimenting. Glad you noticed. | 我一直在实验完美比例 很高兴你注意到了 |
[00:37] | Kids! Wash up for dinner! | 孩子们 洗手吃饭啦 |
[00:40] | Now, who on earth is that? | 会是谁来按门铃啊 |
[00:43] | And don’t be picking out all the chunks. | 不许你把热狗丁全挑出来吃了 |
[00:52] | Sorry I’m a little late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[00:54] | My pant leg got stuck in the chain. | 我的裤腿卡自行车链条里了 |
[00:57] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[00:58] | I’m John Sturgis. | 我是约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[01:01] | Sheldon invited me to dinner. | 谢尔顿邀请我来共进晚餐 |
[01:05] | Okay. Um, come in, I guess. | 好的 您先请进吧 |
[01:08] | Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 |
[01:09] | Coming! | 来了 |
[01:11] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[01:13] | It’s cheese and summer sausages. | 是起司与熏香肠 |
[01:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:17] | Summer sausage means it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. | 熏香肠就代表这不需要放冰箱冷藏 |
[01:20] | Is that so? | 是这样吗 |
[01:22] | It is. | 是的 |
[01:23] | Okay. Sheldon? | 好的 谢尔顿 |
[01:24] | Dr. Sturgis, welcome. | 斯特吉斯博士 欢迎你来 |
[01:26] | Thank you, Sheldon. | 谢谢 谢尔顿 |
[01:27] | Sheldon, you think you might’ve let me know | 谢尔顿 你不觉得你应该先让我知道 |
[01:30] | you invited company over for dinner? | 你邀请了人来共进晚餐吗 |
[01:31] | I did think about it, but I was afraid you might say no. | 我想过告诉你 但我怕你会拒绝 |
[01:34] | Come see my train set. | 来看看我的火车模型吧 |
[01:36] | All right! | 好 |
[01:39] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:42] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:45] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:47] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:50] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:03] | Good Lord. | 我的老天啊 |
[02:04] | You mean he just showed up out of nowhere? | 你是说他就这么突然出现在你家吗 |
[02:06] | Yep. He’s out in the garage playing trains with Sheldon. | 他现在在车库里跟谢尔顿玩火车呢 |
[02:10] | Why’s your hair wet? | 你的头发为什么是湿的 |
[02:11] | If you must know, I was doing my water aerobics, | 如果你真想知道 我本来是在做水中有氧 |
[02:13] | and my swimming cap fell off. | 然后我的泳帽掉了 |
[02:15] | This Sturgis fella didn’t say a word to you? | 这位斯特吉斯兄台没先跟你说过吗 |
[02:17] | If he did, do you think I would have been doing frog kicks | 要是有 你觉得我还会去基督教青年会里的 |
[02:19] | at the YMCA? | 游泳池中蛙式蹬腿吗 |
[02:22] | You look great. | 你看起来很棒 |
[02:27] | O gauge trains are definitely the best. | 32毫米模型铁道轨距的火车最棒了 |
[02:30] | Oh, yes, they are. | 是的 没错 |
[02:34] | Oh, well, what a pleasant surprise. | 真是个意外之喜啊 |
[02:37] | Oh, good. You’re here, too. | 太好了 你也来啦 |
[02:38] | I am. | 是啊 |
[02:40] | Are y’all about ready for dinner? | 你们都准备好吃晚饭了吗 |
[02:41] | I am. | 我好了 |
[02:42] | Well, then, let’s go. | 那我们快去吧 |
[02:44] | Meemaw, you smell like chlorine. | 姥姥 你闻起来有氯的味道 |
[02:46] | Why say it? | 你说出来干嘛 |
[02:52] | You weren’t kidding. | 你说的是真的 |
[02:53] | Spaghetti and hot dogs is delightful. | 意面配热狗丁真是超好吃 |
[02:57] | Even better since Mom perfected the chunk ratio. | 我妈找出完美比例后又更棒了 |
[03:00] | So, Dr. Sturgis, Sheldon tells us | 斯特吉斯博士 谢尔顿跟我们说 |
[03:02] | you’re a guest professor at the university. | 你在大学里是客座教授 |
[03:04] | I am. Hmm. | 是的 |
[03:05] | Does that mean that you’re only here temporarily? | 这表示你只是暂时待在这个城市吗 |
[03:07] | Well, that’s the plan for now. | 目前的计划是这样 |
[03:10] | But I could be enticed to stay. | 但如果有理由留下 我也可以留 |
[03:16] | Meemaw, I do believe there was subtext there. | 姥姥 我觉得他话中有话 |
[03:18] | Did you pick up on it? | 你有听出弦外之音吗 |
[03:19] | Yeah. | 有的 |
[03:21] | Was I correct to infer there was subtext there? | 我说你话中有话没理解错吧 |
[03:23] | You were. | 理解很正确 |
[03:24] | Okay, we’re all good. | 好的 那一切没事 |
[03:27] | I can’t believe they’re making me sit and eat at the kiddie table. | 真不敢相信他们让我来小孩桌吃饭 |
[03:30] | It’s better here. | 这里比较好 |
[03:32] | How? | 好在哪 |
[03:32] | We don’t have to pray, eat our vegetables, | 不用饭前祷告 不用被逼吃蔬菜 |
[03:34] | and we can curse. | 而且可以骂脏话 |
[03:36] | Hmm. Maybe you’re right. | 或许你说的有道理吧 |
[03:38] | Course I am, you ass-face. | 当然有啊 你个傻逼 |
[03:42] | Dr. Sturgis, do you think we’re ever going to unify gravity | 斯特吉斯博士 你觉得人类会有把重力 |
[03:45] | with the other three fundamental forces? | 跟其他三种基本力统一的一天吗 |
[03:48] | I have a sticky note on my refrigerator | 我的冰箱上面有个便利贴 |
[03:51] | which reminds me every day to do just that. | 天天提醒我要做到这件事 |
[03:54] | When did you decide to focus your research | 你是什么时候开始把研究重心 |
[03:56] | – on quantum… – Um, Sheldon, I think | -放在量子… -谢尔顿 我觉得 |
[03:57] | you’re kind of dominating the conversation. | 你有点霸占人家聊天的机会了 |
[04:00] | Why don’t you let your meemaw talk to Dr. Sturgis. | 你何不让姥姥跟斯特吉斯博士聊聊呢 |
[04:03] | Oh, I’m sorry. By all means. | 抱歉 你们聊吧 |
[04:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:07] | – Connie? – Yes, John. | -康妮 -怎么了 约翰 |
[04:09] | Do you smell like chlorine on purpose? | 你是故意让自己有氯的味道的吗 |
[04:16] | You sure I can’t give you a ride home? | 你确定不用我送你回家吗 |
[04:18] | I can throw your bike in the back of my pickup truck. | 你的自行车可以放到我小卡车后面一起啊 |
[04:20] | Thank you, no. I-I enjoy the night air. | 谢谢好意 我挺喜欢夜晚的空气 |
[04:23] | Plus, hot dogs and spaghetti is a highly caloric event | 而且热狗与意面富含热量 |
[04:27] | that demands an aerobic effort on my part. | 需要自己做点有氧运动来消耗掉 |
[04:30] | Well, it was a pleasure spending the evening with you. | 很高兴今晚能有机会跟您共进晚餐 |
[04:33] | We should do it again sometime. | 有机会欢迎再来 |
[04:34] | Great. When? | 那太好了 什么时候呢 |
[04:36] | How about tomorrow? | 明晚怎么样 |
[04:37] | You know what, we’ll figure it out. | 这样吧 我们之后再讨论 |
[04:39] | Come on, let me see you to your Schwinn. | 来 我陪你走到你的自行车吧 |
[04:42] | Bye. | 再见啦 |
[04:43] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[04:45] | Well, that was the most stimulating dinner | 这是我在这个家里吃过 |
[04:47] | I’ve ever had in this house. | 最振奋人心的一顿晚餐了 |
[04:48] | Glad you enjoyed it. | 你开心就好 |
[04:50] | That man is a true role model. | 那个男人真是我的人生榜样啊 |
[04:52] | Well, it’s nice you finally got a man you can look up to. | 恭喜你终于找到了一个男性榜样啊 |
[04:54] | Oh, believe me, I know. | 是啊 我深有体会 |
[05:06] | You gonna keep it all bottled up, | 你是想全憋在心里 |
[05:08] | – or you want to talk about it? – What? | -还是你想说出来 -什么 |
[05:11] | I’m fine. | 我没事啦 |
[05:11] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 没什么好聊的 |
[05:12] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[05:15] | Sweet dreams. | 好好睡吧 |
[05:24] | You know you want to talk about it. | 你知道你自己很想讲 |
[05:25] | You saw it. | 你也看到了 |
[05:27] | My own son can’t even imagine me being a role model? | 我的亲生儿子不觉得我能当他的榜样 |
[05:29] | How am I supposed to be okay with that? | 你让我心里怎么舒坦 |
[05:31] | You’re a role model for Georgie. | 你是小乔治的人生榜样啊 |
[05:33] | I used to be. | 曾经是 |
[05:34] | Now he wants to grow up and be Tony Danza. | 他现在只想长大变成像男演员托尼·丹扎 |
[05:37] | Did you forget you have a daughter | 你忘了自己还有个女儿 |
[05:39] | who would really benefit from having a good man to look up to? | 而她如果有个良好的男性榜样也会受益良多吗 |
[05:44] | Oh, dear Lord. | 老天爷啊 |
[05:45] | You did forget. | 你还真忘了 |
[05:47] | I didn’t forget. I just… | 我没忘 我只是… |
[05:48] | I don’t know how to spend time with her. | 我只是不知道怎么跟她相处 |
[05:50] | It ain’t rocket science, George. | 又不是让你登天 乔治 |
[05:52] | She’s a little girl. | 她就是个小女孩 |
[05:53] | Ask her what she wants to do, | 问她想做什么 |
[05:55] | and then do it with her. | 然后陪她一起做 |
[05:56] | Oh, yeah. I suppose. | 好吧 我应该可以 |
[05:59] | Trust me. She’ll be thrilled to spend some time with you. | 相信我 你能陪她她会很开心的 |
[06:02] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[06:03] | Yeah, I’ll give it a try. | 我再试试看 |
[06:07] | Hey, when we do, you know, whatever it is she likes to do, | 等我陪她… 做她想做的事情的时候 |
[06:10] | you’re gonna be there, right? | 你也会在一旁陪着吧 |
[06:12] | No. | 不会啊 |
[06:15] | Well, this just got harder. | 好吧 这事瞬间难了 |
[06:23] | Meemaw? | 姥姥 |
[06:26] | Meemaw! | 姥姥 |
[06:28] | What? | 什么事 |
[06:30] | I’ve been researching things | 我专门去研究了 |
[06:31] | that you and I can do with Dr. Sturgis. | 我们可以跟斯特吉斯博士一起做的事 |
[06:33] | There’s a lecture tonight at Rice University called | 今晚在莱斯大学有一堂课 |
[06:36] | “What’s happening at the center of our galaxy.” | “我们银河的中心在发生什么事” |
[06:38] | Let me just stop you right there. | 你先停一下 |
[06:39] | Don’t worry. I know what’s happening at the center, | 别放心 我知道银河中心的情况 |
[06:41] | but I would never spoil it for you. | 但我不会剧透你的 |
[06:43] | Look, I know you’re invested | 听我说 我知道你十分希望 |
[06:45] | in me and John having a relationship, | 我跟约翰能有感情发展 |
[06:47] | and I’m not saying we won’t. | 我的意思也不是我们不会 |
[06:49] | But it ain’t gonna happen with you always underfoot. | 但如果你整天碍事 我们就很难有发展 |
[06:52] | Have I been underfoot? | 我碍手碍脚了吗 |
[06:53] | Honey, in order for grown-ups to get to know each other, | 亲爱的 大人们想要多了解彼此 |
[06:58] | they need to have some alone time. | 就需要有单独相处的时间 |
[07:01] | What if I’m around, but I took a vow of silence? | 如果我发誓保持缄默 能让我在一旁待着吗 |
[07:04] | Go home and have your breakfast. | 回家吃你的早饭去 |
[07:07] | And then she said for grown-ups to get to know each other, | 她说大人们想多了解彼此 |
[07:10] | they have to have time alone. | 就需要有单独相处的时间 |
[07:11] | Makes sense. What else? | 很有道理 还有呢 |
[07:13] | Apparently my being underfoot isn’t conducive to romance. | 貌似我当个碍事精对浪漫有害 |
[07:17] | This is very helpful. | 你的消息很有用 |
[07:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:20] | I’m at your service. | 乐意为你效劳 |
[07:29] | Oh, Celeste, why do you always fall for bad boys? | 塞莱斯特 你为什么总爱上坏男人 |
[07:33] | Hi, Dad. | 爸爸你来啦 |
[07:34] | What you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[07:36] | Am I in trouble? | 我做错事了吗 |
[07:37] | No, no. Just-just checking in on you. | 没有没有 我就来关心你一下 |
[07:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:42] | ‘Cause you’re my daughter and I love you. | 因为你是我女儿 而且我爱你啊 |
[07:44] | This is getting weird. | 越说越尴尬了 |
[07:46] | It is. I was just thinking that, uh, | 是啊 我是在想… |
[07:48] | you and me, you know, we don’t spend much time together. | 你跟我呢… 不太常一起相处 |
[07:51] | You know, we should find something to do, | 我们应该找点事一起做 |
[07:53] | just-just two of us. | 就我跟你 |
[07:55] | – Like what? – You tell me. | -比如什么 -你说啊 |
[07:56] | What-what sounds fun? | 你觉得什么有趣 |
[08:00] | I’d like to be taken to dinner. | 我想你请我出去吃晚餐 |
[08:02] | Great. Where? | 很好 上哪吃 |
[08:05] | To the fanciest restaurant in all of Texas. | 去德州最时髦高档的餐厅 |
[08:09] | Which is…? | 是… |
[08:10] | Red Lobster, where the surf meets the turf. | 红龙虾餐厅 海陆大总汇 |
[08:15] | You got it. | 一言为定 |
[08:15] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢老爸 |
[08:17] | Mom, you got to take me shopping! | 妈 你得带我出去买东西 |
[08:19] | I need a dress! | 我要买条新裙子 |
[08:25] | Yeah? | 是谁 |
[08:26] | Connie, this is John Sturgis. | 康妮 是我约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[08:28] | Well, hello, John Sturgis. | 你好啊 约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[08:30] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[08:31] | I chipped a tooth on a peach pit this morning, | 我今早吃桃子被桃核崩了牙 |
[08:33] | but otherwise, I’m okay. | 除此之外一切都好 |
[08:36] | Good. Good to hear it. | 很好 你好就好 |
[08:37] | Next order of business. | 下一件事情呢 |
[08:39] | I would like to have dinner with you tonight, | 我是想邀请你今晚一起吃饭 |
[08:41] | just the two of us. | 就我们俩人单独 |
[08:43] | Oh, well, that sounds nice. | 这听起来很不错 |
[08:46] | What’d you have in mind? | 你有什么计划 |
[08:48] | I’d like to come to your house and cook you a Szechuan feast. | 我想来你家为你做一顿四川菜 |
[08:53] | I’m sorry, a what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[08:54] | Szechuan. | 四川菜 |
[08:55] | It’s a style of Chinese cooking I learned | 一种中式料理风格 |
[08:58] | when I was traveling through China. | 是我在中国旅游时学会的 |
[09:01] | Well, wonderful. I would love that. | 真棒 我很愿意 |
[09:04] | Great. Do you have a wok? | 太好了 你家有炒菜锅吗 |
[09:06] | I do not. | 没有呢 |
[09:08] | Not a problem. | 没关系 |
[09:09] | I have a travel wok. | 我有便携炒菜锅 |
[09:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:12] | Uh, so, uh, what do you say about 6:00? | 六点怎么样 |
[09:16] | It’s a date. | 就这么说定了 |
[09:17] | Terrific. | 好极了 |
[09:18] | Oh, and, um, let’s not mention this to Sheldon | 对了 我们别告诉谢尔顿 |
[09:22] | so as to keep him from being underfoot. | 他就不会来碍事了 |
[09:26] | Have you been talking to him? | 你是不是跟他联系过 |
[09:27] | I have. See you later. | 是啊 晚点见 |
[09:36] | Do I really need to get dressed up to go to Red Lobster? | 不过是去红龙虾餐厅 我有必要盛装打扮吗 |
[09:39] | You’re getting dressed up for your daughter. | 你盛装打扮是为了女儿不是为了吃饭 |
[09:40] | And that’s a new shirt, so be sure to ask for a bib. | 这是新衬衣 记得要个围兜 |
[09:48] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[09:50] | You’re going to dinner wearing that? | 你要穿这样去吃晚餐吗 |
[09:52] | I think you mean she looks beautiful. | 你是想说她看起来真美吧 |
[09:55] | You look beautiful. | 你看起来真美 |
[09:57] | Why thank you, George. | 谢谢赞美 乔治 |
[09:59] | How ’bout we stick with “dad” tonight? | 你今晚还是叫我爸爸如何 |
[10:01] | Okay, but you call me Melissa. | 行吧 但你要叫我米丽莎 |
[10:05] | After you, Melissa. | 你先请 米丽莎 |
[10:07] | Thanks, George. | 谢了 乔治 |
[10:30] | Oh, my. | 老天 |
[10:32] | I know, I look like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. | 我知道 我看起来好像忍者神龟 |
[10:37] | Well, come on in. | 快进来吧 |
[10:44] | Sheldon, come in the kitchen for dinner. | 谢尔顿 进厨房吃饭吧 |
[10:46] | – Can I eat out here? – Why? | -我能在这里吃吗 -为什么 |
[10:49] | Dr. Sturgis is having a dinner date with Meemaw. | 斯特吉斯教授在跟姥姥进行晚餐约会 |
[10:52] | I don’t want to miss it. | 我不想错过 |
[10:54] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:57] | During that time, I saw three cars drive by | 在那段时间里 我看到三辆车经过 |
[11:00] | and a raccoon dragging a slice of pizza. | 还看到一只浣熊拖走一片比萨 |
[11:14] | Uh, table for two. | 两位 谢谢 |
[11:16] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[11:20] | Allow me. | 容我帮您 |
[11:22] | You are allowed. | 准了 |
[11:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:28] | Yes, thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[11:31] | If I may. | 恕我冒昧 |
[11:37] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[11:38] | I think we might be underdressed. | 我觉得我们穿得太寒酸了 |
[11:49] | The trick to a successful Szechuan dinner | 一顿成功的四川晚餐的秘诀 |
[11:52] | is the Szechuan pepper. | 就是四川花椒 |
[11:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:55] | Now, you may notice | 你可能会发现 |
[11:57] | your lips and tongue getting numb. | 你的嘴唇和舌头发麻 |
[12:00] | Then why are we eating it? | 那我们为什么要吃 |
[12:02] | ‘Cause it’s yummy. | 因为很好吃啊 |
[12:04] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[12:06] | So, what were you doing wandering around China? | 所以你为什么去环游中国了 |
[12:08] | Well, when I’m not doing research or teaching, | 我不做研究或教书的时候 |
[12:13] | I enjoy taking the path less traveled. | 我喜欢走上较少前人踏过之路 |
[12:16] | I’m guessing it’s a bike path. | 我猜是那路还是单车路吧 |
[12:19] | As a matter of fact, it was. | 还真是呢 |
[12:22] | Everybody in China rides bicycles. | 在中国人人都骑自行车 |
[12:24] | It’s fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[12:26] | – Did you see the Great Wall? – I did. | -你去长城了吗 -我去了 |
[12:28] | Interesting fact: | 有趣的事实 |
[12:30] | it’s filled with the dead bodies | 长城底下埋了许多 |
[12:32] | of the people who built it. | 建筑工人的尸体 |
[12:34] | You don’t say. | 不会吧 |
[12:35] | Hundreds of thousands of them. | 有成千上万具尸体 |
[12:38] | Here, taste. | 来尝一口 |
[12:43] | If it’s just the two of us, why can’t I eat watching TV? | 如果只有我们俩 我为什么不能边吃边看电视 |
[12:46] | ‘Cause you’re having dinner with your mother | 因为你在跟你妈一起吃饭 |
[12:48] | and it’s a chance for us to talk. | 这是我们交心的好机会 |
[12:50] | Sheldon’s having dinner and looking out the window. | 谢尔顿就在边吃饭边看窗外啊 |
[12:52] | Want me to have him join us? | 想要我叫他进来一起吃吗 |
[12:54] | No. | 不想 |
[12:55] | Then quit complaining. | 那就别抱怨了 |
[12:59] | So what do you want to talk about? | 你想聊什么 |
[13:00] | Um, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[13:02] | How’s school? | 上学怎么样了 |
[13:04] | It’s school; it’s a turd fest. | 那里可是学校 就是一坨屎 |
[13:07] | Charming. | 真好 |
[13:09] | Are you dating anyone? | 你在跟谁交往吗 |
[13:11] | Nah, nobody up to my standards. | 没有 没人配得上我 |
[13:13] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[13:15] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[13:16] | Course, you can ask me anything. | 当然可以 你想问什么都行 |
[13:19] | Were you pregnant with me when you married Dad? | 你跟爸结婚时是不是已经怀上我了 |
[13:22] | Um… why would you ask that? | 你为什么会问这个 |
[13:26] | Sheldon said so. | 谢尔顿说的 |
[13:27] | How would Sheldon know? | 谢尔顿怎么会知道 |
[13:28] | He did the math. | 他算过了 |
[13:29] | What math? | 算什么 |
[13:30] | He said the time between my birthday | 他说我的生日 |
[13:32] | and your wedding day was six months. | 和你们举行婚礼那天相差六个月 |
[13:34] | Um… yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:37] | That’s because you… | 那是因为你… |
[13:40] | were born premature. | 是早产儿 |
[13:42] | I’ve seen my birth certificate, | 我看过我的出生证 |
[13:44] | it said I weighed nine pounds. | 上面写着我出生时是8斤巨婴 |
[13:46] | Yes, that’s true. | 没错 |
[13:48] | You were a big fat preemie. | 你是个大胖早产儿 |
[13:53] | Let’s talk about something else. | 我们聊点别的吧 |
[13:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:55] | ‘Cause I’d very much like to. | 因为我非常想换话题 |
[13:59] | And then Heather B said she didn’t want | 然后海瑟一号就说 |
[14:00] | to play tetherball with Heather M anymore. | 她以后不想跟海瑟二号玩绳球了 |
[14:03] | Wait. Th-There’s two Heathers? | 等等 有两个海瑟吗 |
[14:04] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:05] | Which one’s which? | 哪个是哪个来着 |
[14:07] | Heather B is stuck up. | 海瑟一号是自大狂 |
[14:08] | Heather M used to be stuck up, | 海瑟二号以前也是自大狂 |
[14:10] | but then she got a scoliosis brace. | 但后来她戴上了脊椎侧弯支架 |
[14:12] | Maybe she shouldn’t be playing tetherball. | 或许她不应该玩绳球 |
[14:14] | That’s what Heather B said. | 海瑟一号就是这么说的 |
[14:18] | This is delicious, | 很美味 |
[14:19] | but you were not kidding about the spice. | 但你没夸张 真的好辣 |
[14:22] | I’m about to break a sweat here. | 我都快辣出满头汗了 |
[14:25] | Well, here’s something you might find interesting. | 有一个有趣的小知识 |
[14:28] | Spicy food is typically found in warmer climates | 辣的食物通常出自天气较热的地方 |
[14:31] | because it induces sweating, | 因为吃辣能让人出汗 |
[14:33] | which in turn, cools people off. | 从而让大家凉快下来 |
[14:36] | So what does the runny nose do for me? | 那流鼻水对我有什么好处 |
[14:39] | It allows me to, uh, | 让我有机会 |
[14:41] | gallantly offer you my handkerchief. | 对你殷勤地献上我的手帕 |
[14:45] | You are such a gentleman. | 你真绅士 |
[14:47] | When I was younger, | 我年轻的时候 |
[14:47] | I read a book on etiquette. | 看了一本介绍礼仪的书 |
[14:50] | That’s how I know | 我从上面学到 |
[14:51] | that if I ever have an audience at the Vatican, | 如果我有机会去梵蒂冈受到接见 |
[14:53] | I should wear evening attire or a sack coat. | 我应该穿上晚礼服或男便装上衣 |
[14:58] | I don’t know what a sack coat is, | 我不知道男便装上衣是什么 |
[14:59] | but I’m sure you’d look handsome in it. | 但你穿上一定很帅气 |
[15:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:08] | You know, it’s a long bike ride at night. | 晚上骑车回去很远 |
[15:13] | If you want… | 如果你想的话 |
[15:16] | you’re welcome to stay. | 欢迎你留下来过夜 |
[15:17] | No, it’s fine, I-I have a headlight on my bicycle. | 没事 我的单车有车头灯 |
[15:21] | Oh, sure, sure. | 当然了 当然 |
[15:26] | Although, I hear it might rain. | 不过 据说好像会下雨 |
[15:28] | No worries. I have a pocket poncho. | 不用担心 我有折叠雨衣 |
[15:33] | So you do. | 好吧 |
[15:36] | John. | 约翰 |
[15:39] | I’m inviting you to spend the night. | 我是在邀请你留下来过夜 |
[15:46] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[15:54] | Don’t they make babies that are born too soon | 早产婴儿不是都要 |
[15:56] | stay in the hospital? | 留院察看吗 |
[15:57] | Normally, yes, but you were born | 通常是的 但你出生时 |
[16:01] | with such a great head full of hair | 有一头秀发 |
[16:04] | that they sent you home with us. | 医院就让我们带你回家了 |
[16:07] | That’s the first thing you’ve said that makes sense. | 这是你刚才说的唯一合理的话 |
[16:11] | I’m glad we had dinner; this was nice. | 我很高兴我们一起吃晚餐 感觉很好 |
[16:13] | Yeah, fun stuff. | 是啊 很好玩 |
[16:16] | Well, don’t want to miss Who’s The Boss. | 可不能错过《成长没烦恼》 |
[16:22] | Lord, forgive me for lying. | 主啊 原谅我说谎了 |
[16:24] | I’ll tell him the truth when he’s 30. Amen. | 等他30岁时我再告诉他真相 阿门 |
[16:29] | Your lobster, madam. | 您的龙虾 女士 |
[16:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:35] | Would you like me to open it for her? | 需要我帮她切开吗 |
[16:37] | Oh, I got it, thanks. | 我来就好 谢谢 |
[16:40] | – You all right? – This thing’s freaking me out. | -你还好吧 -这玩意好吓人 |
[16:43] | Here, let me help you with that. | 来吧 我来帮你 |
[16:47] | Here. Okay. | 挪一下 好了 |
[16:50] | The trick is not to make eye contact. | 秘诀在于别跟它对看 |
[16:53] | Tell him. | 跟它说去 |
[16:54] | Here. | 来 |
[16:56] | All right, now, we just… snap her off | 好了 我们把龙虾钳子扯下来 |
[16:59] | like that… pop. | 像这样 啪 |
[17:02] | Grab this guy here, | 拿上工具 |
[17:04] | and we crack the claw. | 把钳子夹裂 |
[17:06] | And then you take out a little meat… | 然后取出一些虾肉 |
[17:10] | dunk it in some butter, | 蘸一些牛油酱 |
[17:12] | and then you eat it. | 再放到嘴里 |
[17:16] | Holy moly. | 哎哟妈呀 |
[17:17] | It’s good, huh? | 很好吃 对吧 |
[17:19] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[17:20] | I’ll leave you to it. | 接下来你自己弄吧 |
[17:23] | No. Sit with me. | 别走 陪我坐 |
[17:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:31] | When I grow up, I’m gonna eat lobster every night. | 等我长大后 我每晚都要吃龙虾 |
[17:34] | Well, hon, you better stay in school and get a good education. | 宝贝 那你得好好读书 上所好学校 |
[17:38] | I was thinking I’d just marry a rich guy. | 我想着我就嫁给有钱人好了 |
[17:41] | Sure, that’s a way to go. | 行啊 这也是一条路 |
[17:43] | Or a guy who works at Red Lobster. | 或是嫁给红龙虾餐厅的员工 |
[17:46] | That’s another way to go. | 那也是一条路 |
[18:01] | You seem quiet. Is everything okay? | 你都没怎么说话 没什么问题吧 |
[18:04] | Are you not interested in me? | 你对我没兴趣吗 |
[18:06] | Of course I am. I’m very interested. | 当然有了 我对你很有兴趣 |
[18:09] | Then how come when I… | 那为什么… |
[18:11] | I invited you to spend the night, I got rejected? | 我邀请你留下来过夜 你却拒绝我 |
[18:15] | I did do that, didn’t I? | 我确实拒绝了 对吧 |
[18:17] | Good Lord, yes. | 当然了 |
[18:19] | I can explain. | 我可以解释 |
[18:21] | Please do. | 愿闻其详 |
[18:22] | I didn’t want you to think that I would think | 我不希望你认为在我心目中 |
[18:26] | that you were the sort of woman | 你是那种就因为 |
[18:27] | who would engage in coitus | 我煮了四川菜给你吃 |
[18:29] | simply because I cooked you a Szechuan dinner. | 你就会跟我交媾的人 |
[18:31] | It was better before you explained. | 你不解释还比较好 |
[18:34] | All right, let me try a different tack. | 好吧 那我换一种方式 |
[18:41] | Connie. | 康妮 |
[18:41] | Oh, boy. | 老天 |
[18:43] | Would you honor me with an evening of intimate relations? | 你愿意赏光 今晚与我发生亲密关系吗 |
[18:48] | Well, that is a different tack. | 这方式确实与众不同 |
[19:10] | This is very promising. | 看起来情势一片大好 |
[19:12] | What’s happening? | 发生什么事了 |
[19:14] | Dr. Sturgis’s bike is still at Meemaw’s. | 斯特吉斯博士的单车还停在姥姥家 |
[19:17] | So? | 那又如何 |
[19:18] | That means he probably is, too. | 说明他也很可能还在姥姥家 |
[19:20] | You need to get a life. | 你需要有自己的生活 |
[19:23] | There he is. | 他出现了 |
[19:31] | Mom, Mom, Mom. | 妈妈 妈妈 妈妈 |
[19:34] | – What’s wrong? – What’s going on? | -出什么事了 -怎么了 |
[19:35] | Dr. Sturgis and Meemaw had their first sleepover. | 斯特吉斯博士和姥姥第一次一起过夜了 |
[19:38] | It’s a big step in their relationship. | 这是他们恋爱关系的重大进展 |
[19:40] | I’m going to go congratulate them. | 我要去恭喜他们 |
[19:43] | Hey, put on a jacket, it’s chilly out. | 先穿上外套 外面很冷 |
[19:45] | Will do! | 好的 |
[19:46] | Or try saying he can’t go. | 你应该说他不准去 |
[19:48] | Oh, never mind, you can’t go! | 不用穿了 你不准去 |
[19:50] | The last thing I heard was jacket! | 外套后面的话我都没听见 |