时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Paige? | 佩吉 |
[00:03] | I’m so happy to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[00:05] | Are you happy to see me? | 你高兴见到我吗 |
[00:06] | Not immediately. | 没有立刻就高兴 |
[00:08] | I don’t usually see young people at my lectures. | 我很少见到我的讲座上有这么年轻的朋友 |
[00:10] | I enjoyed your paper on accelerator mass spectrometry | 我很喜欢您的加速剖谱法论文 |
[00:13] | and wanted to find out more. | 想要来了解更多东西 |
[00:15] | – And you? – I read this magazine. | -那你呢 -我读了这本杂志 |
[00:17] | Uh-huh. It has puzzles, too. | 里面还有谜题呢 |
[00:20] | Well, I think my parents are getting a divorce. | 我觉得我父母可能要离婚了 |
[00:22] | – Why? – They fight all the time. | -为什么 -他们整天吵架 |
[00:24] | – I guess I’m lucky. – Why? | -我想我很幸运吧 -为什么 |
[00:28] | I’m the glue that holds our family together. | 我是把我家凝聚在一起的粘合剂 |
[00:38] | What do you think of these? | 你觉得这双怎么样 |
[00:40] | They’re nice, but you’re already taller than John. | 很好看 但你已经比约翰高了 |
[00:43] | Won’t they make that worse? | 穿这个情况不会更糟吗 |
[00:44] | No, makes it better. | 不会 是会变更好 |
[00:46] | He likes me to be dominating. | 他喜欢我当家做”主” |
[00:48] | I don’t want to hear that. | 我不想听你们的这些事 |
[00:50] | Sometimes he makes me wear these when we’re… | 有时候他会叫我穿上 就是在我们… |
[00:53] | messing around. | 胡搞瞎搞的时候 |
[00:55] | I said I don’t want to hear it. | 我都说了我不想听这些了 |
[00:57] | I wanted to say it. | 可我想说啊 |
[01:00] | All right, I don’t have the Sperry loafers in your size, | 斯佩里牌的乐福鞋没有你的号 |
[01:03] | but I do have the Hush Puppies. | 但暇步士牌的有 |
[01:05] | I don’t wear brown Hush Puppies penny loafers, | 我不穿棕色暇步士乐福鞋 |
[01:07] | I wear brown Sperry penny loafers. | 我穿棕色斯佩里乐福鞋 |
[01:09] | But they’re exactly the same. | 但他们看起来一样啊 |
[01:11] | Well, do they come in a box that says Sperry penny loafers? | 那包装盒上会写斯佩里乐福鞋吗 |
[01:13] | Because that one says Hush Puppies. | 因为你这双写了暇步士 |
[01:15] | Just try ’em on, honey. | 你就试穿看看嘛 宝贝 |
[01:16] | – What if I like them? – Well, then we’ll get them. | -要是穿了我喜欢怎么办 -那我们就买啊 |
[01:20] | All right, let’s go over this again. | 好吧 再说一遍 |
[01:22] | I don’t wear brown Hush Puppies penny loafers, | 我不穿棕色暇步士乐福鞋 |
[01:24] | I wear brown Sperry… | 我穿棕色斯佩里… |
[01:26] | Would you give us a moment? | 能等我们一会儿吗 |
[01:27] | Happily. | 乐意之至 |
[01:29] | When we get to the Hello Kitty store today, | 我们今天去凯蒂猫店的时候 |
[01:31] | remember I was the good child. | 请记得我是家里乖的那个小孩 |
[01:33] | Oh, hi, Mary. | 玛丽 你好啊 |
[01:34] | Linda. So good to see you. | 琳达 很高兴见到你 |
[01:37] | – Hi, Sheldon. – Hello, Paige. | -你好啊 谢尔顿 -你好 佩吉 |
[01:39] | – Hi, Missy. – Hi! | -你好 米希 -你好 |
[01:41] | Look at these rain boots– they have ducks on them. | 你快看这雨靴 上面有小鸭鸭呢 |
[01:43] | And the ducks are wearing boots. | 而且那些小鸭鸭也有穿雨靴 |
[01:45] | Those are so cute. | 太可爱了 |
[01:49] | – Well, what a nice coincidence. – Yeah. Good to see you. | -真的是很巧啊 -对啊 很巧 |
[01:51] | Yeah. How are things? | 你最近怎么样啊 |
[01:53] | Well, at the moment, trying to get shoes for Sheldon, | 现在正在忙着让谢尔顿试鞋子 |
[01:55] | but they only have these, not the ones he likes. | 但谢尔顿喜欢的牌子没货 只有这牌子 |
[01:59] | Ah. You know, I think that brand is the same kind Einstein wore. | 你知道吗 爱因斯坦好像是穿这牌子的鞋呢 |
[02:05] | Well, I’ve never seen a picture of his feet. | 我没有看过他脚的照片 |
[02:07] | And you’re a grown-up, so you wouldn’t lie to me. | 而你是个大人 所以你不会骗我 |
[02:11] | I guess I have no choice but to believe you. | 看来我只能选择相信你了 |
[02:14] | All right, I’ll try them. | 好吧 我愿意试穿 |
[02:15] | Great! | 太好了 |
[02:18] | Hey, Mom, can Missy and I go to the Hello Kitty store? | 妈 我可以跟米希一起去凯蒂猫店吗 |
[02:21] | Well, it’s okay with me if it’s okay with Mary. | 如果玛丽同意我就没问题 |
[02:24] | It’s okay, but you better be on your best behavior. | 没问题 但你可要乖啊 |
[02:26] | I will, I promise. | 我会的 我保证 |
[02:28] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[02:29] | Boy, you steal one pencil sharpener | 天啊 也就偷过一次卷笔刀 |
[02:31] | and you never hear the end of it. | 就永远都被叨叨个没完 |
[02:36] | How do they feel? | 穿起来感觉怎么样 |
[02:37] | My brand loyalty is being severely tested. | 我对原品牌的忠诚度正受到强烈考验 |
[02:43] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:46] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:49] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:51] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:54] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[03:05] | Did you guys know Paige speaks three languages? | 你们知道佩吉会说三种语言吗 |
[03:07] | Really? That’s impressive. | 真的吗 那很厉害啊 |
[03:11] | You only speak one. | 你只会说一种 |
[03:13] | Two. I’m learning conversational Klingon. | 两种 我正在学会话克林贡语 |
[03:15] | That’s impressive, too. | 这也很厉害啊 |
[03:19] | Hey, Mom, can Paige sleep over this weekend? | 佩吉这周末能来我们家过夜吗 |
[03:21] | I guess, if her mother says okay. | 可以吧 人家妈妈同意就行 |
[03:24] | Wait, where is she going to sleep? | 等等 那她要睡哪里 |
[03:26] | In your bed. You can sleep on the couch. | 你的床上啊 你可以去睡沙发 |
[03:28] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不可能 |
[03:29] | I’ve already changed my brand of loafers, | 我已经换了我乐福鞋的牌子 |
[03:31] | I am not changing my sleeping quarters. | 我才不要换我睡觉的地点 |
[03:34] | How about you stay at Meemaw’s? You like that. | 那你去姥姥家睡呢 你也喜欢去 |
[03:36] | No, Meemaw has a date. | 不行 姥姥有约会了 |
[03:39] | So? | 所以呢 |
[03:39] | So if those shoes I just bought do their job, | 如果我刚才买的鞋子有尽到职责 |
[03:42] | that will be a “No children allowed” scenario. | 那今天晚上会是”小孩勿入”的情况 |
[03:46] | Well, I’m sleeping in my bed, and that’s that. | 我要睡我的床 这不会改变 |
[03:49] | Fine, Paige and I can share my bed. | 行吧 那我跟佩吉共睡一张床 |
[03:51] | You okay with that, Shelly? | 这样你能接受吗 谢利 |
[03:54] | I trust you two will stay quiet throughout the evening | 我能相信你们俩可以整晚保持安静 |
[03:57] | and go to sleep at the appropriate time? | 并且在合理时间就睡觉吗 |
[04:00] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[04:01] | All right, then. I’m okay with it, Mom. | 那行 妈妈 我同意 |
[04:05] | How is he ever gonna get through this world? | 他以后怎么在社会上生存啊 |
[04:11] | Welcome, come on in. | 欢迎 请进 |
[04:13] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:14] | You look nice. Going out to dinner with your husband? | 打扮得很漂亮啊 要跟你老公出去共进晚餐吗 |
[04:17] | Ugh, no. Girlfriends. | 才不是 是跟闺蜜 |
[04:19] | Hi, Sheldon. | 你好啊 谢尔顿 |
[04:21] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:22] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[04:23] | Chemistry homework for extra credit. | 写化学作业的加分项 |
[04:25] | Cute, I did that last year. | 真可爱 我去年也这么做了 |
[04:27] | Paige! | 佩吉 |
[04:28] | Missy! | 米希 |
[04:31] | Aw, they’re so sweet. | 她们真是太甜了 |
[04:33] | Yeah, life’ll suck that right out of them soon enough. | 生活很快就会把这些美好统统都吞噬殆尽 |
[04:36] | – Well, bye. – Bye. | -好啦 再见 -再见 |
[04:38] | You got to meet my dolls– I told them all about you! | 你一定得来看我的娃娃 我跟它们说了你的事 |
[04:44] | “Cute, I did that last year.” | “真可爱 我去年也这么做了” |
[04:47] | Thank you for agreeing to the early-bird dinner. | 谢谢你答应去吃早鸟晚餐 |
[04:49] | When I eat too late, the food just sits right here. | 我要是太晚吃晚饭 食物就会不消化 |
[04:54] | Yeah, gettin’ old is no party. | 是啊 变老可没意思了 |
[04:56] | Oh, I’ve had this problem since I was ten. | 我从10岁开始就这样了 |
[04:59] | When I was in grade school, my nickname was Old Burpy. | 我小学的时候 人家都叫我老嗝精 |
[05:04] | Well, I will not be calling you that. | 我不会这么叫你 |
[05:07] | You can if you’d like. | 你想叫也行啊 |
[05:08] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[05:10] | So, I have a little surprise for you. | 我为你准备了一个小惊喜 |
[05:12] | Oh, I love surprises. Whatcha got? | 我喜欢惊喜 你准备了什么 |
[05:14] | I’m going to learn to drive. | 我要学怎么开车 |
[05:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:19] | While I love having you be the dominant personality | 虽然我喜欢没人看的时候 |
[05:23] | behind closed doors, I think out in public | 让你当家做”主” 但我觉得在外嘛 |
[05:26] | I ought to take on more of a macho role. | 我也得稍微担起爷们的责任 |
[05:30] | Well, you’re macho enough for me, John, | 约翰 我觉得你已经够爷们了 |
[05:33] | but I would enjoy not having to drive us all the time. | 但偶尔不用我开车我也会很开心 |
[05:36] | Then it’s settled. | 那就这么说定了 |
[05:37] | Well, when do you start? | 那你什么时候开始去学 |
[05:39] | As soon as you teach me. | 你什么时候教我就什么时候学 |
[05:41] | Me? Do you really think that’s a good idea? | 我教啊 你觉得这会是好主意吗 |
[05:45] | It’s perfect. I teach you about science | 很完美啊 我教你科学 |
[05:48] | so you can impress your grandson, | 让你能在你孙子面前长脸 |
[05:50] | and you teach me to drive so I can impress you. | 而你教我开车 让我在你面前长脸 |
[05:54] | Okay, but if we do this, I’m in charge. | 行吧 但如果要教 一切就得我说了算 |
[05:59] | You have to do what I say when and how I tell you to do it. | 我说一你不许说二 我怎么说你就立刻怎么做 |
[06:03] | Hubba-hubba, it’s like we’re back in the bedroom. | 哎哟妈呀 感觉我们俩又回到床上了 |
[06:10] | Did you know that tea was discovered by accident? | 你知道茶叶被发现纯属意外吗 |
[06:12] | I didn’t, but I don’t know lots of stuff. | 不知道 不过我不知道的东西多了 |
[06:15] | The Emperor Shennong of China was boiling water in his garden | 中国的神农氏在他的园子里烧水 |
[06:18] | and a leaf from a tea tree fell into his pot. | 而茶叶掉到了他的壶里 |
[06:21] | Tea comes from trees? | 茶是从树上来的吗 |
[06:23] | Where’d you think it comes from? | 不然你觉得它们是哪来的 |
[06:25] | The supermarket. | 超市来的 |
[06:29] | What, the girls leave you out of their little picnic? | 什么 女孩们没带你一起野餐吗 |
[06:31] | Oh, they invited him. | 她们有邀请他啊 |
[06:33] | Well, then why ain’t you out there? | 那你为什么没去 |
[06:34] | Eat outdoors? Do I look like a hippie to you? | 在外面吃饭 我看起来像个嬉皮吗 |
[06:37] | I thought Paige was your friend. | 我还以为佩吉是你的朋友 |
[06:39] | She’s more of a colleague. | 她比较像是我的同事吧 |
[06:42] | Although for reasons unknown, | 虽然不知为何 |
[06:43] | she’s currently behaving like a ten-year-old. | 她现在表现得像个10岁小孩一样 |
[06:45] | Maybe that’s because she is a ten-year-old. | 或许是因为她就10岁啊 |
[06:48] | Still no excuse. | 这不是借口 |
[06:51] | All right, I’m just gonna come out and ask it: | 好了 我要坦白问一件事 |
[06:53] | what the heck is a colleague? | 同事是什么鬼啊 |
[07:00] | Okay, pick a number. | 好 你选个数字 |
[07:02] | Three. | 三 |
[07:02] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[07:04] | Now pick a color. | 现在选个颜色 |
[07:06] | Pink, duh. | 粉红 还用说吗 |
[07:08] | The name of your future pony is… | 你未来的小马名字会叫… |
[07:12] | Sparkle Sunshine. | 闪亮阳光 |
[07:14] | I would totally name it that! | 我完全有可能取这名字 |
[07:16] | Sheldon, do you want to have your fortune read? | 谢尔顿 你想要来占卜未来吗 |
[07:19] | Absolutely not. | 才不要呢 |
[07:20] | And I cannot believe a person as smart as you is doing it. | 我也不敢相信你这么聪明的人会玩这个 |
[07:24] | Why? It’s fun. | 有何不可 很好玩啊 |
[07:26] | He doesn’t know how to have fun; he’s an old man. | 他不知道怎么玩乐 他就是小老头 |
[07:29] | I’m not an old man. | 我才不是老头 |
[07:31] | Oh, yeah? What’s your favorite color? | 是吗 那你最喜欢的颜色是什么 |
[07:33] | Khaki. | 卡其色 |
[07:34] | Old man. | 老头 |
[07:45] | I’m trying to sleep. | 我在试着睡觉呢 |
[07:46] | Come inside and play with us. | 进来跟我们一起玩嘛 |
[07:48] | Don’t invite him. | 别邀请他 |
[07:49] | This is a girls’ fort, | 这是女孩基地 |
[07:51] | not an old man fort. | 不是老头基地 |
[07:52] | I’m not an old man. | 我才不是老头 |
[07:54] | Then come inside. | 那就进来啊 |
[07:56] | Are you crazy? It’s bedtime. | 你疯了吗 现在是睡觉时间了 |
[07:58] | Old man. | 老头 |
[08:20] | What are you doing? | 你们在做什么 |
[08:22] | We’re tying Georgie’s ankles together. | 我们在把小乔治的脚踝绑在一起 |
[08:24] | So when he gets out of bed he falls down. | 这样他下床的时候就会跌倒 |
[08:27] | But he could get hurt. | 他有可能会受伤呢 |
[08:28] | If we’re lucky. | 那我们多幸运啊 |
[08:30] | Well, I will not be a party to this. | 我绝不要加入这种行径之中 |
[08:32] | Old man. | 老头 |
[08:38] | That’s when the bloodthirsty Goatman– | 这时嗜血的羊人 |
[08:42] | part goat, part man– | 半羊 半人 |
[08:44] | crept up on the sleeping children… No. | 慢慢地爬到睡着孩子的床上 -不可 |
[08:49] | – …and sank his sharp little teeth into their necks… – No. | -把他尖锐的牙齿刺入孩子的脖子 -不可以啊 |
[08:53] | …and drank their blood! | 然后喝掉他们的血 |
[08:55] | No. | 不可能 |
[08:58] | – Problem? – Several. First of all, goats are herbivores. | -有问题吗 -有好几个 首先 山羊是食草动物 |
[09:00] | They don’t eat meat, let alone drink blood. | 它们不吃肉 更不可能饮血 |
[09:03] | Maybe the half man part drinks blood. | 或许是半人那部分要喝血呢 |
[09:05] | Don’t even get me started on the “half man” stuff. | 我都不想解释”半人”有多不合理 |
[09:08] | Sheldon, it’s just a fun scary story. | 谢尔顿 这不过是个好玩的恐怖故事 |
[09:11] | It’s nonsense is what it is. | 这根本就是胡说八道 |
[09:14] | Old man. | 老头 |
[09:15] | I’m not an old man, I’m ten. | 我不是老头 我才10岁 |
[09:17] | More like 110. | 我看你更像110岁 |
[09:18] | You know, I read that adults who had a stunted childhood | 我读过一篇文章 缺乏社交的小孩长大后 |
[09:22] | often become social misfits and weirdos. | 通常会变得古怪和不合群 |
[09:24] | You didn’t read that, you’re making it up | 你才没看过这文章 你是瞎编的 |
[09:26] | like your goat story. | 跟你的山羊故事一样 |
[09:28] | Psychology Magazine, February issue, 1988. | 《心理学杂志》 1988年二月刊 |
[09:32] | Well, um… | 好吧 |
[09:33] | That doesn’t make it true. | 那这理论也未必是对的 |
[09:36] | Guess you’ll find out when you’re an adult. | 你长大后应该就知道了 |
[09:38] | I guess I will. | 我想会的 |
[09:43] | Well, we know how this story ends. | 我们都知道故事的结局 |
[09:45] | I grew up to become a well-adjusted and charming fellow. | 我长大后 变成一个左右逢源 讨人喜欢的人 |
[09:48] | But at that moment in time, she had me worried. | 但在那一刻 她着实让我担忧起来 |
[09:50] | Hey, Georgie, breakfast. Mom made eggos. | 小乔治 吃早餐了 妈妈做了松饼 |
[09:55] | Eggos, sweet. | 松饼 好赞 |
[09:58] | Ow! Dang it! | 我靠 |
[10:06] | Oh, dear. | 老天啊 |
[10:07] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:08] | Paige was right. | 佩吉说得对 |
[10:09] | “There’s ample evidence to indicate | “有充分证据表明 |
[10:12] | that a stunted childhood can cause one to be maladjusted as an adult.” | 缺乏社交的孩子长大后可能会不适应社会” |
[10:16] | Then I’m screwed. | 那我完蛋了 |
[10:17] | What do you mean? | 此话怎解 |
[10:19] | When I’m not in school, I’m doing homework. | 我不在学校的时间 都在做功课 |
[10:22] | When I’m not doing homework, I’m practicing my cello. | 不做功课时 都在练习大提琴 |
[10:24] | And when I’m not doing that, | 不练琴时 |
[10:26] | I’m working in my parents’ store. | 都会在我爸妈的店里打工 |
[10:28] | That must be why we’re friends. | 那一定是我们成为朋友的原因 |
[10:30] | We’re both stunted. | 我们都缺乏社交 |
[10:31] | Sounds right. | 有道理 |
[10:33] | Well, I for one plan to do something about it. | 我想做点什么来改变这个情况 |
[10:37] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[10:38] | I’m going to goof off, engage in horseplay, | 我准备游手好闲 整人玩闹 |
[10:41] | and if time permits, be quite immature. | 如果还有时间的话 当个幼稚鬼 |
[10:43] | If time permits? | 如果还有时间 |
[10:44] | I have homework, too. | 我也要做功课的啊 |
[10:46] | Would you like to join me in my shenanigans? | 你想跟我一起胡闹吗 |
[10:49] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[10:51] | Aren’t you concerned about being a maladjusted adult? | 你不担心自己以后无法适应社会吗 |
[10:54] | Nah. I’ll just marry an American woman | 不担心 我以后娶一个美国女生 |
[10:56] | and hope she can fix me. | 祈求她能改善我就行了 |
[11:04] | I’m usually the one giving the tests, | 通常由我来给别人出考题 |
[11:06] | but, uh, today I’m taking one. | 但今天我要接受考试 |
[11:09] | No talking. | 不许交谈 |
[11:11] | And I usually say that to my students. | 通常我都是我对学生说这一句 |
[11:19] | What? | 什么 |
[11:21] | How’s it going? | 做得怎么样了 |
[11:23] | I can’t tell you. There’s no talking. | 我不能说 考试期间不许交谈 |
[11:25] | – No talking. – Sorry. | -不许交谈 -抱歉 |
[11:36] | Mind if I join you? | 我能加入吗 |
[11:37] | Doing what? | 做什么 |
[11:38] | – Swinging. – Seriously? | -荡秋千 -你认真的吗 |
[11:41] | Yes. It’s my hope to feel the wind in my hair | 是的 我想感受轻风拂过我秀发 |
[11:43] | – and be carefree. – Um, okay. | -和无忧无虑的感觉 -行吧 |
[12:00] | Sheldon threw up on me. Sheldon threw up on me! | 谢尔顿吐我身上了 谢尔顿吐我身上了 |
[12:05] | Okay, rearview mirrors. | 好了 后视镜 |
[12:08] | Um, all set. | 都调好了 |
[12:10] | Turn signal left. Turn signal right. | 左转灯 右转灯 |
[12:14] | Um, foot on the brake. | 脚踩在刹车上 |
[12:17] | Transmission in drive. | 挂D档开车 |
[12:25] | You have to start the car first. | 你得先打火 |
[12:28] | Of course. | 对哦 |
[12:29] | Sorry, I’m a bit nervous. | 抱歉 我有点紧张 |
[12:31] | You’re not alone. | 不止你一个人紧张 |
[12:35] | And here we go. | 走起 |
[12:44] | This is crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[12:46] | I’m doing it. | 我真的在开车了 |
[12:59] | Excuse me, I was hoping to purchase | 不好意思 我想购买 |
[13:02] | some practical joke paraphernalia | 一些恶作剧道具 |
[13:04] | so that I may behave childishly. | 好让我能表现得天真幼稚 |
[13:06] | Rack in the corner. | 就在角落里 |
[13:07] | Thank you. | 感激不尽 |
[13:19] | “逗你玩”新奇玩具公司” 好玩就要大喊 逗你玩 | |
[13:23] | “If it’s funny, it’s a Bazinga.” | “好玩就要大喊 逗你玩” |
[13:27] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[13:28] | “逗你玩”整人玩具公司” 好玩时就要大喊 逗你玩 | |
[13:35] | Yellow light. Yellow light! | 黄灯 黄灯 |
[13:37] | It’s okay, keep going. | 没事 继续开 |
[13:38] | But yellow means slow down. | 但黄灯亮起就要减速 |
[13:39] | You can’t slow down in the intersection! | 在十字路口不能减速 |
[13:41] | Keep going. | 继续开 |
[13:42] | – Are you sure? – Yes. | -你确定吗 -当然 |
[13:44] | Go. Go! | 开啊 快开 |
[13:54] | Oh, God. Oh, God. | 苍天保佑 |
[14:00] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[14:01] | It’s okay, we’re fine. | 没关系 我们平安无事 |
[14:03] | Nobody got hurt. | 没人受伤 |
[14:05] | I don’t think I can do this, Connie. | 我觉得我学不来 康妮 |
[14:06] | Of course you can. We’re just getting started. | 当然可以啦 我们才刚开始 |
[14:09] | No, it’s too much information. I can’t process it. | 不 信息量太大了 我无法消化 |
[14:12] | It was just a yellow light. | 不过是个黄灯而已 |
[14:14] | Not just the light. There were other cars. | 不只是交通灯 路上还有其他车 |
[14:17] | There’s pedestrians. | 以及行人 |
[14:18] | – There was a guy on a bicycle. – So? | -还有骑自行车的人 -那又怎样 |
[14:21] | That’s just too many random elements. | 有太多随机元素了 |
[14:23] | The-the-the stimuli are overwhelming. | 刺激源太多 我承受不了 |
[14:25] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[14:31] | I’m sorry. I know I’m letting you down. | 对不起 我知道我让你失望了 |
[14:33] | Oh, don’t be silly. You’re not letting me down. | 说什么傻话 你才没有 |
[14:38] | I love you whether you can drive or not. | 无论你会不会开车 我都一样爱你 |
[14:43] | You love me? | 你爱我吗 |
[14:47] | Well, I… | 我… |
[14:51] | I suppose I do. | 我想是的 |
[14:55] | Am I allowed to reciprocate? | 我能回敬你这句话吗 |
[14:58] | Sure, if that’s the way you feel. | 可以啊 如果你真这么想 |
[15:01] | Oh, it is. | 我当然这么想了 |
[15:03] | I love you, too, Connie. | 我也爱你 康妮 |
[15:07] | Well… | 这样啊 |
[15:11] | That’s just great. | 这可真是太棒了 |
[15:13] | All righty. | 好啦 |
[15:17] | Would you like to switch seats with me? | 你想跟我换位子吗 |
[15:19] | Yes, but give me a minute | 想 但等我一下下 |
[15:22] | because my legs are a little wobbly. | 我惊魂未定 腿还在发抖 |
[15:25] | Is that from the yellow light or the “I love yous”? | 是因为黄灯还是因为我们互相示爱了 |
[15:28] | Both. | 都有 |
[15:34] | Dad, would you care for a piece of gum? | 爸爸 你想来片口香糖吗 |
[15:36] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[15:37] | Please, take a piece of gum. | 拜托 拿一片嘛 |
[15:40] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:41] | Just please. | 求你嘛 |
[15:46] | Bazinga. | 逗你玩 |
[15:49] | You understand any of that? | 你知道他在搞什么吗 |
[15:50] | I don’t know, I guess he’s just being a little boy. | 我不知道 估计他只是童心发作 |
[15:53] | Since when? | 从几时开始的 |
[15:56] | Georgie? Georgie? | 小乔治 小乔治 |
[15:58] | What? | 干嘛 |
[16:00] | Would you like some salted mixed nuts? | 你想来点咸味什锦果仁吗 |
[16:03] | Nah. | 不了 |
[16:04] | Look, they’re the fancy kind. | 瞧 是贵价货呢 |
[16:06] | That’s a trick can. | 这是个整人罐子 |
[16:08] | No, it’s not. | 才不是 |
[16:09] | Listen. When you shake it, there’s a rattling sound, | 你听 晃动时有响声 |
[16:11] | as if nuts are inside. | 仿佛真的有果仁在里面 |
[16:14] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:21] | Bazinga. | 逗你玩 |
[16:25] | Sparks residence, Billy speaking. | 这里是斯巴克斯家 我是比利 |
[16:27] | This is the electric company. | 我是电力公司的人 |
[16:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:30] | I’m calling to see if your refrigerator is running. | 我打来是想问你们家冰箱是否在运转 |
[16:33] | I’ll go check. | 我去看看 |
[16:38] | I’m back. It’s running. | 我回来了 在运转[逃跑]呢 |
[16:40] | Well, then you better go catch it. | 那你最好赶紧去抓住它 |
[16:42] | Bazinga. | 逗你玩 |
[16:47] | This is Connie Tucker. | 我是康妮·塔克 |
[16:49] | Leave a message when you hear the… beep. | 听到”哔”一声后请留言 |
[16:53] | Hello, um, Meemaw, | 你好 姥姥 |
[16:56] | this is Sheldon. | 我是谢尔顿 |
[16:57] | If you were home, I was going to say, “Is Mr. Wall there?” | 如果你在家的话 我本来打算问 “沃尔[墙]先生在吗” |
[17:02] | And then you would say, “No.” | 然后你会说 “不在” |
[17:03] | And then I would say, “Is Mrs. Wall there?” | 接着我会问 “那沃尔[墙]太太在吗” |
[17:06] | And then you would say, “No.” | 你就会回答 “不在” |
[17:08] | And then I would say, “Well, if there are no walls, | 然后我会问 “如果你家没墙 |
[17:10] | then how does your roof stay up?” | 你的天花板怎么还没掉下来” |
[17:13] | Um, okay. Bazinga. | 说完了 逗你玩 |
[17:18] | That was pathetic. | 可悲透了 |
[17:20] | It was. | 确实 |
[17:22] | I’m not sure I’m cut out for these antics and shenanigans. | 我不确定我是否适合整人和恶作剧 |
[17:26] | I guess you’re gonna grow up to be a weirdo. | 看来你长大后会变成怪咖 |
[17:28] | I suppose I am. | 估计是了 |
[17:31] | Life is so confusing. | 生活真让人摸不着头脑 |
[17:33] | I always hoped it would be easier for me | 我一直希望长大后 |
[17:35] | when I grew up, but… | 我的生活会变得容易些 可是… |
[17:39] | …now I’m not so sure it will. | 现在我不确定了 |
[17:41] | It’s gonna be all right. | 你不会有问题的 |
[17:51] | You were faking? | 你刚才是演的 |
[17:55] | Bazinga. | 逗你玩 |
[17:57] | And that’s how I became | 从那天起 我就成为了 |
[17:58] | the madcap prankster all my friends know and love. | 我所有朋友公认和喜爱的整人大师 |
[18:06] | So, John, how was your first driving lesson? | 约翰 你第一堂驾驶课上得如何 |
[18:10] | Intense. | 紧张刺激 |
[18:11] | At one point, | 有那么一刻 |
[18:12] | I was approaching an intersection. | 我快开到一个十字路口 |
[18:14] | The light was green, but at the last moment, | 本来是绿灯 但在最后时刻 |
[18:17] | it turned yellow. | 变成了黄灯 |
[18:18] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[18:20] | Should I keep going? Should I stop? | 我该继续开吗 还是停下 |
[18:23] | There were other cars nearby. | 附近还有其他车 |
[18:24] | Connie was yelling. | 康妮在大声嚷嚷 |
[18:26] | A glare from the sun was in my eyes. | 我眼睛又被阳光刺到 |
[18:28] | So, what happened? | 结果怎么样 |
[18:29] | Somehow, I managed to make it through, | 我稀里糊涂开过了那个十字路口 |
[18:32] | turned on my directional, | 打了转向灯 |
[18:34] | and slowly pulled to the side of the road. | 然后慢慢靠边停下 |
[18:39] | That’s how you tell a scary story. | 恐怖故事就该这么讲 |
[18:42] | In lighter news, your meemaw loves me. | 说点轻松的 你们姥姥爱我哦 |