时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – Veronica. – I-I’m here for your mom’s Bible study. | -维罗妮卡 -我是来参加你妈妈的读经班 |
[00:05] | I’m glad you could join us. | 很高兴你来加入我们 |
[00:06] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[00:07] | I’m here for Bible study. | 我来参加读经班 |
[00:09] | If you want to be a good Christian, | 如果你想当个好基督教徒 |
[00:10] | maybe you should stop lying through your teeth. | 或许你得先从不谎言张口就来开始 |
[00:12] | Hey, Mom, just a heads-up: I’m gettin’ baptized tomorrow. | 老妈 跟你说一声 我明天要去受洗 |
[00:17] | We did it! | 我们成功啦 |
[00:18] | I’m so happy! | 我好高兴啊 |
[00:20] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[00:27] | There are certain phrases | 有些话 |
[00:29] | that are used by dads around the world. | 全世界的爸爸们都会说 |
[00:46] | Close the fridge. | 关上冰箱 |
[00:48] | You’re wastin’ money. | 你在浪费电费 |
[00:49] | I’m having trouble deciding between pudding and Jell-O. | 我不知道该选布丁还是果冻 |
[00:53] | Well, decide what you want, and then open it. | 等你先决定好了再开冰箱 |
[00:55] | But I need the visual input. | 但我需要视觉的讯息啊 |
[00:57] | Does the pudding have a skin? | 布丁有外皮吗 |
[00:59] | Plus, it’s good fun jiggling the Jell-O. | 而摇动果冻也很好玩 |
[01:02] | Do you have any idea what our electric bill is? | 你知道我们家的电费要多少钱吗 |
[01:03] | Yes. I do our taxes. | 我知道 税是我在报的 |
[01:05] | And it’s higher than it should be. | 费用比应该的数目高了许多 |
[01:07] | And why do you think that is? | 你觉得是为什么 |
[01:09] | Well, I don’t want to point any fingers, | 我不想要告谁的状 |
[01:10] | but Missy sleeps with a night-light. | 但米希睡觉不关夜灯 |
[01:13] | Make a choice and close the door. | 快做决定 赶紧关上冰箱门 |
[01:16] | Okay. There’s only one logical way to settle this. | 好吧 只有一个合理的方法来解这题了 |
[01:18] | Eenie-meenie… | 孔子下山来点兵… |
[01:20] | Close the door! | 关上门 |
[01:22] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:25] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:27] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:30] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:33] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:51] | Hey. | 你来啦 |
[01:53] | What do you want? | 你想干嘛 |
[01:54] | I just wanted to apologize again. | 我只想再次跟你道歉 |
[01:56] | My behavior was crazy. | 我的举动太神经病了 |
[01:58] | I blame hormones. | 我怪荷尔蒙 |
[02:00] | Really? ‘Cause I blame you. | 是吗 我怪你 |
[02:02] | Is there any way you can forgive me? | 有什么方法能让你原谅我吗 |
[02:05] | Please? | 求你了 |
[02:10] | Fine. I forgive you. | 行吧 我原谅你 |
[02:12] | You’re not just saying it ’cause you’re trying to be | 你这么说不会是因为 |
[02:14] | a good Christian and you’re afraid of going to Hell? | 想当个好基督徒而且不想下地狱吧 |
[02:16] | Do you want me to forgive you or not? | 你还想不想我原谅你了 |
[02:18] | Very much. | 非常想 |
[02:19] | Then stop talking and let’s move on. | 那就少废话 向前看吧 |
[02:22] | So… so we’re friends again? | 所以… 我们现在又能当朋友了吗 |
[02:25] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[02:26] | Just as friends, would you wanna hang out on Saturday night? | 那你想以朋友的名义 周六一起聚聚吗 |
[02:30] | In a no-kissing and no-punching-in- the-face kind of way? | 用没亲亲与没打脸的方式 |
[02:33] | I can’t. My boyfriend’s taking me to dinner. | 不能 我男朋友要带我出去吃饭 |
[02:35] | Boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend… | 男朋友 男朋友 男朋友 |
[02:37] | You know, I got to run. | 好了 我得走了 |
[02:40] | I’m glad we’re friends again. | 很高兴我们又能当朋友了 |
[02:48] | – Your brother looks upset. – Really? | -你哥哥看起来很不开心 -是吗 |
[02:50] | I would have guessed hungry. | 我会猜他是饿了 |
[02:52] | See you later. | 之后见 |
[02:57] | Mr. Givens, a moment of your time? | 吉文斯老师 能占用你一点时间吗 |
[03:01] | I’m curious about more cost-effective methods | 我有兴趣知道有没有更高性价比的方式 |
[03:03] | of generating electricity. | 来制造电力 |
[03:06] | And? | 然后呢 |
[03:07] | And I came to you. Go. | 然后我就来找你啦 开始说 |
[03:10] | Well, there’s fossil fuels, like oil and coal. | 有化石燃料 比如石油与煤炭 |
[03:13] | – Too dirty. – Oh. Hydro? | -太脏 -水力发电呢 |
[03:15] | – Too wet. – Solar? | -太湿 -太阳能 |
[03:17] | With this fair skin? Next. | 看看我这雪白皮肤 下一个 |
[03:20] | Wind? | 风力 |
[03:21] | You know what the problem with wind is. | 你知道风力发电的问题是什么 |
[03:24] | It’s too reliant on wind. | 太依靠风 |
[03:26] | I think I’m looking for something a little more indoors. | 我想我对比较室内的方法感兴趣 |
[03:28] | How about nuclear power? | 那核能发电如何 |
[03:30] | It’s clean and efficient and very safe, | 干净高效有安全 |
[03:32] | until something goes horribly wrong. | 直到某个环节出了大错 |
[03:36] | That could work. | 这能行 |
[03:38] | Oh. Goody. | 那太好啦 |
[03:40] | Are we done? | 那完事了吗 |
[03:40] | Almost. I have one last question about nuclear reactors. | 快了 我对核反应堆还有最后一个问题 |
[03:45] | What? | 什么 |
[03:46] | How do I build one? Go. | 我该怎么造出来 开始说 |
[03:49] | Spoiler alert: he didn’t know. | 剧透警告 他不会 |
[03:53] | Hello? | 你好 |
[03:54] | Hello, my little vicuna. | 你好 我的小骆马 |
[03:58] | Well, hello to you, too. | 你也好啊 |
[04:00] | And more importantly, what is a vicuna? | 还有更重要的是 什么是骆马 |
[04:03] | Only what I feel is the cutest camelid on the planet. | 它是我觉得这世上最可爱的骆驼科生物 |
[04:08] | Well, I suppose I could ask you what a camelid is, | 我想我也可以问你什么是骆驼科 |
[04:10] | but you’re just gonna say more words that I don’t know. | 但你肯定只会说出更多我听不懂的词 |
[04:13] | What’s up? | 找我干嘛 |
[04:13] | There’s an upcoming event at the university, | 大学最近有个活动 |
[04:16] | and I’d like you to be my plus-one. | 我想邀请你当我的陪同伴侣 |
[04:18] | Oh. Well, I’d love to go. | 行啊 我很乐意跟你一起去 |
[04:20] | – Wonderful! It’s a date. Bye. – Wait, wait. | -太好啦 那就这么约定啦 再见 -等等 |
[04:24] | Hang on there, partner. I need a little more information. | 兄弟你别急 我想知道更多细节 |
[04:26] | When is this event? | 活动是什么时候 |
[04:27] | This Friday night. | 这周五晚 |
[04:28] | Oh. What time? | 几点 |
[04:30] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[04:31] | Well, will there be food? | 会供应食物吗 |
[04:32] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[04:33] | What’s the dress code? | 装扮要求呢 |
[04:35] | Not a clue. | 完全不知道 |
[04:36] | Well, what do you know? | 那你知道什么 |
[04:38] | You’re my plus-one. | 你是我的伴侣 |
[04:40] | Well, you go do a little more research and get back to me. | 那你去多了解一下再回来跟我报告 |
[04:43] | You got it! | 没问题 |
[04:44] | Bye. | 再见 |
[04:45] | – Wait. – What? | -等等 -干嘛 |
[04:47] | Love you! | 爱你 |
[04:48] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[04:53] | Hello. Is this the studio that makes the Professor Proton show? | 请问你们是制作《质子教授》节目的工作室吗 |
[04:57] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[04:58] | May I speak to him, please? | 能麻烦让我跟他聊两句吗 |
[05:01] | Well, then I’d like to leave him a message. | 那我想给他留个消息 |
[05:03] | My name is Sheldon Cooper, and I’m trying to build | 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 我想试着制造 |
[05:06] | a nuclear reactor, and I could use his help. | 核反应堆 我需要他的帮助 |
[05:08] | My number is 409-356-6049. | 我的电话是409-356-6049 |
[05:14] | Thank you. I’m gonna hang up now, | 谢谢 我现在得挂电话了 |
[05:16] | because this is long-distance, | 这是长途电话 |
[05:17] | and my father doesn’t make much money. | 而我父亲的薪水不高 |
[05:19] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[05:23] | Georgie, question: | 小乔治 问你个问题 |
[05:25] | In the hallway earlier today, | 今天在学校走廊 |
[05:27] | were you upset or hungry? | 你是不开心还是饿了 |
[05:30] | Shut up. | 你闭嘴 |
[05:34] | That’s hungry. | 那就是饿了 |
[05:36] | Connie, I believe I have answers to all your questions. | 康妮 我想我有你问题的答案了 |
[05:40] | Lay it on me. | 放马过来 |
[05:41] | Time. The event begins at 6:00 P.M. | 时间 活动将在晚上6点开始 |
[05:44] | The dress code is: business attire. | 着装要求是商务正装 |
[05:46] | Dinner will be served, but it’s been suggested | 将会供应晚餐 但根据建议 |
[05:49] | that we eat first, because the food is dreadful. | 我们最好是先吃过 因为食物很难吃 |
[05:52] | Good to know. | 很高兴知道这点 |
[05:53] | And last but not least, | 还有呢 |
[05:54] | a camelid is any member of the camelidae family, | 骆驼科里包含了所有骆驼类生物 |
[05:57] | such as llamas, alpacas or vicunas. | 比如美洲驼 羊驼 与骆马 |
[06:01] | You didn’t ask that one, | 你没问这题 |
[06:03] | but, uh, it seemed like something you should know. | 但我觉得这东西你应该了解一下 |
[06:07] | John… | 约翰 |
[06:08] | is everybody at this party gonna be a scientist like you? | 这派对上是不是都是你这样的科学家 |
[06:11] | Not everybody. You’ll be there. | 不是所有人 你不是也在嘛 |
[06:13] | That’s kind of what I’m gettin’ at. | 我说的就是这种情况 |
[06:14] | Is there a problem? | 这会是个问题吗 |
[06:16] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[06:18] | yeah. | 会 |
[06:20] | I didn’t go to college. | 我没上过大学 |
[06:22] | I was a total screwup in high school. | 我高中时期也是一团糟 |
[06:24] | I might not fit in at all. | 我可能融入不了那里 |
[06:25] | Don’t be silly. Everyone’s gonna love you! | 别说傻话 大家一定会很喜欢你 |
[06:28] | And I’m excited to show you off. | 我也迫不及待想要向大家炫耀你 |
[06:31] | The general consensus among the faculty is you don’t exist. | 我们系里很多人觉得你压根就不存在 |
[06:35] | Well, I don’t know how I feel about that. | 你这话我不知道该作何感想 |
[06:37] | Oh, don’t worry– it says more about me than it does about you. | 别担心 这句话主要是在吐槽我而不是你 |
[06:42] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[06:44] | It’s like dating the Encyclopedia Britannica. | 感觉像跟大英百科全书在交往 |
[06:48] | Oh, hello, Sheldon. | 你好啊 谢尔顿 |
[06:50] | Good evening. Do you have any idea | 晚上好 你知不知道 |
[06:52] | where I could obtain radioactive material? | 我能去那里取得放射性材料呢 |
[06:54] | That’s an interesting question. What do you need it for? | 这是个很有意思的问题 你想要它们做什么 |
[06:57] | I’m trying to build a small nuclear reactor | 我想要制造一个小型核反应堆 |
[06:59] | to provide electricity for my house. | 来为我家生产电力 |
[07:02] | And possibly the whole neighborhood, | 甚至有可能提供整个邻里 |
[07:03] | if they’re nice to me. | 前提是他们对我不错 |
[07:04] | – Fun. – The problem is, I don’t know | -感觉很有意思 -但问题是 我不知道 |
[07:06] | where to get the necessary radioactive material. | 从哪里可以获取必须的放射性材料 |
[07:09] | Oh. Do you happen to have any unexploded atomic bombs? | 你手里不会刚好有没引爆过的原子弹吧 |
[07:13] | Not a one. | 没有 |
[07:14] | Shoot. | 可惜 |
[07:15] | What about an X-ray machine? | 那X光机呢 |
[07:18] | Nope. | 也没有 |
[07:19] | That makes sense. You’re just a kid. | 很合理 你只是个孩子 |
[07:22] | Oh! I know! | 我知道了 |
[07:24] | Smoke detectors contain trace amounts of americium-241. | 烟雾探测器里含有微量的镅241 |
[07:29] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[07:30] | But I’d need a lot of them, | 但我需要很大量 |
[07:31] | and they’re expensive. | 而它们很贵 |
[07:33] | True. | 的确 |
[07:34] | Hey, I bet if you call a few companies | 我打赌如果你打给一些公司 |
[07:37] | and say it’s for a school project, | 说你在做学校的科学展报告 |
[07:39] | you could get them for free. | 他们会愿意送你免费的 |
[07:41] | That’s a great idea. Thanks. | 很好的主意 谢谢你 |
[07:43] | You’re very welcome. | 不客气 |
[07:46] | What a cute kid. | 这孩子太可爱了 |
[07:50] | Who was that at the door? | 是谁啊 |
[07:52] | – Sheldon. – What did he want? | -谢尔顿 -他想要干嘛 |
[07:53] | Oh, nothing. He just had a science query. | 没什么 他来问点科学的东西 |
[07:56] | Ooh, biscuits! | 饼干呢 |
[08:04] | Where’s Georgie? | 小乔治呢 |
[08:05] | I don’t know. I called him ten minutes ago. | 不知道 我十分钟前就喊他了 |
[08:08] | He’s probably curled up in a ball, | 他估计是缩成一团球 |
[08:10] | crying about Veronica. | 在为维罗妮卡的事所哭泣 |
[08:11] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[08:13] | It’s just what I’m hearing. | 只是我听到的八卦罢了 |
[08:14] | From who? | 谁那里听到的 |
[08:16] | I’m kinda plugged into this town. | 到处都有我的眼线 |
[08:18] | I’ll go check on him. | 我去看看他怎么样了 |
[08:22] | Where exactly you getting all this info? | 你这些讯息都是从哪得知的 |
[08:25] | There’s a lot of kid sisters out there. | 很多孩子家里都有姐妹 |
[08:27] | We talk. | 我们都会聊 |
[08:29] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[08:30] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[08:31] | No. | 不能 |
[08:36] | Aw, baby, everything all right? | 宝贝 你还好吗 |
[08:39] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈 |
[08:41] | You might feel better if you do. | 说出来或许会舒服些 |
[08:44] | Is it about a girl? | 是跟姑娘有关吗 |
[08:47] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[08:50] | Sometimes a mother can sense these things. | 俗话说母子连心嘛 |
[08:53] | Veronica has a boyfriend. | 维罗妮卡交了男朋友 |
[08:55] | You mean Dustin? | 你是说达斯丁吗 |
[08:56] | You know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[08:58] | Well, yeah, she met him through the church. | 是啊 他们是在教会认识的 |
[09:00] | Lovely young man. | 很好的小伙 |
[09:01] | You like him? | 你喜欢他啊 |
[09:03] | Oh. Well, um… | 这个嘛… |
[09:06] | the Lord teaches us to like everybody. | 主教导我们要爱所有人 |
[09:10] | I just can’t stop thinking about her with another guy, | 我只是无法停止想她跟别人在一起的画面 |
[09:13] | and it’s making me crazy. | 我都要被逼疯了 |
[09:15] | Aw. Why don’t you come eat something? | 你何不出来吃点东西呢 |
[09:17] | You’ll feel better. | 吃完会好过些 |
[09:18] | I can’t. | 我吃不了 |
[09:19] | I feel like I got punched in the stomach. | 我感觉就像肚子被人揍了一拳 |
[09:22] | Trust me, this’ll pass. | 相信我 一切都会过去 |
[09:26] | You will meet other girls. | 你一定还会认识别的女孩 |
[09:29] | They won’t be Veronica. | 但她们不会是维罗妮卡 |
[09:33] | Is he taller than me? | 那男生比我高吗 |
[09:36] | It doesn’t matter. | 这无所谓 |
[09:37] | It’s what’s inside a person that counts. | 重要的是内心 |
[09:40] | How much taller? | 高多少 |
[09:41] | A lot. | 很多 |
[09:44] | Mrs. Sparks’ credit card got declined at Payless. | 斯巴克斯太太的信用卡在平价鞋店被拒了 |
[09:47] | No kidding. | 真的假的 |
[09:48] | She went nuts. | 她要气炸了 |
[09:49] | But you didn’t hear it from me. | 你记得别泄露是我说的 |
[09:52] | Poor baby is just crushed. | 可怜的儿子都心碎了 |
[09:54] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[09:55] | I’ve been through that. Brutal. | 我有过那经历 太惨了 |
[09:58] | When did I break your heart? | 我什么时候让你心碎过了 |
[10:00] | Oh, it wasn’t you. | 不是你 |
[10:03] | Then who was it? | 那是谁 |
[10:04] | Oh, doesn’t matter. It was a long time ago. | 不重要 很久以前的事了 |
[10:07] | But who? | 到底是谁 |
[10:09] | Dad, I don’t want to get ahead of myself, | 爸爸 我不想把话说得太早 |
[10:11] | but I think I solved our electricity problem. | 但我想我解决咱们家的电力问题了 |
[10:13] | Not now, Sheldon. | 现在不是时候 谢尔顿 |
[10:14] | I wouldn’t mind hearing it. | 我倒是不介意听一下 |
[10:16] | Who? | 是谁 |
[10:18] | If you want, I’ll ask around. | 有需要我可以帮你打听一下 |
[10:22] | For many children, | 对很多孩子来说 |
[10:23] | their happiest memory is the day they learned to ride a bike. | 他们最快乐的回忆是学会骑单车那天 |
[10:27] | For others, it’s when they got their first puppy. | 对另外一些孩子来说 是得到第一只狗狗那天 |
[10:31] | For me, it was the day | 对我来说 |
[10:32] | I received a box of 57 defective | 则是收到57个带有镅241的 |
[10:34] | smoke detectors loaded with americium-241. | 烟雾探测器次品那天 |
[10:38] | Yes! | 好棒 |
[10:41] | My dearest Veronica… No. | 亲亲维罗妮卡 不 |
[10:46] | My beloved Veronica… | 我心爱的维罗妮卡 |
[10:49] | Better. It’s got “love” In it. | 这个好一点 有”爱”字 |
[10:51] | Every minute I’m away from you is an eternity. | 你不在我身边的每一分钟 都像永恒 |
[10:54] | But it feels longer than that. | 但感觉比永恒还漫长 |
[10:56] | I can’t eat, I can’t sleep, | 我吃不下 睡不着 |
[10:59] | it’s like there’s a hole in my heart | 就像我内心有一个洞 |
[11:01] | that only your love can fill. | 只有你的爱能填满 |
[11:04] | So true. | 非常真实 |
[11:05] | And yes, I know about Dustin, | 我知道达斯丁的事 |
[11:07] | but he can’t love you the way I do. | 但他无法像我那样爱你 |
[11:09] | Because my love is the kind of love | 因为我的爱 |
[11:12] | that is true love. | 是真爱那种爱 |
[11:15] | The kind that lovers feel | 是爱侣们坠入爱河时 |
[11:17] | when they’re in love. | 感受到的那种爱 |
[11:19] | Beautiful. | 写得真美 |
[11:21] | So in conclusion, I hope, | 所以最后 我希望 |
[11:23] | no, I pray, | 不 我祈祷 |
[11:25] | I hope and pray | 我希望并祈祷 |
[11:26] | that you’ll give me the chance | 你会给我机会 |
[11:28] | to be the boyfriend you deserve. | 做你值得拥有的男朋友 |
[11:30] | And when the time is right, | 然后等时机成熟 |
[11:31] | I’m able to shower you with diamonds, houses, | 我有能力送你钻石 房子 |
[11:34] | boats, and cars, | 船和车的时候 |
[11:36] | the husband of your dreams. | 再成为你梦想中的丈夫 |
[11:37] | Loving you with my heart, my soul, | 用我的心 我的灵魂 |
[11:40] | and my lips, | 和我的双唇爱你的 |
[11:42] | Georgie Cooper. | 小乔治·库珀 |
[11:44] | Just tell me her name. | 告诉我她叫什么就好 |
[11:46] | It’s not important. It was a long time ago. | 不重要 那是很久以前的事了 |
[11:48] | Then how come I don’t know about it? | 那我怎么完全不知道 |
[11:50] | Because I married you, and no one else matters. | 因为我娶了你 其他人都不重要了 |
[11:52] | If that’s so, | 如果真是这样 |
[11:54] | why’d this mystery woman break your heart? | 那这个神秘女人当初为什么让你心碎 |
[11:56] | Come on, Mare. | 拜托 阿丽 |
[11:58] | We were young. | 我们当时很年轻 |
[11:59] | We were kids. | 还是孩子 |
[12:00] | Leave it alone. | 别揪着不放了 |
[12:04] | Just tell me her name, and I’ll drop it forever. | 告诉我她的名字 我就再也不提这事 |
[12:10] | You swear? | 你发誓吗 |
[12:11] | You know I don’t swear. | 你知道我不乱以神起誓 |
[12:12] | You promise? | 你保证吗 |
[12:13] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[12:17] | – Kathryn Dempsey. – Kathryn Dempsey?! | -是凯瑟琳·邓普西 -凯瑟琳·邓普西 |
[12:19] | You watched me make cupcakes for her daughter’s birthday, | 你看着我为她女儿的生日做小蛋糕 |
[12:21] | and you never told me you were in love with her?! | 却从不告诉我你曾经爱过她 |
[12:23] | I was 15 years old, | 我当年才15岁 |
[12:25] | and she didn’t love me back. | 而且她又不爱我 |
[12:26] | If she did, | 如果她当年爱你 |
[12:28] | would you have married her instead of me? | 你就会跟她结婚 而不是跟我吗 |
[12:29] | But she didn’t! | 但她不爱我啊 |
[12:30] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[12:32] | Now I have my answer. | 现在我知道答案了 |
[12:35] | Kathryn Dempsey?! | 凯瑟琳·邓普西 |
[12:37] | I was 15! | 人家那时只有15岁 |
[12:44] | Hey, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[12:45] | Hello, Billy. | 你好 比利 |
[12:46] | What you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[12:48] | Building a nuclear reactor. | 制造核反应堆 |
[12:49] | Cool. I’m having Lucky Charms for dinner. | 好酷 我在吃幸运符早餐麦片当晚餐 |
[12:56] | What are you gonna do with it when you’re done? | 建好后你要用它来干嘛 |
[12:57] | Stand in front of the refrigerator as long as I want. | 在冰箱前面想站多久就站多久 |
[13:01] | Cool. | 真酷 |
[13:03] | Why are you eating cereal for dinner? | 你为什么吃麦片当晚餐 |
[13:05] | I was hungry, | 我饿了 |
[13:06] | and my parents are in their bedroom kissing. | 而我爸妈在卧室里亲亲 |
[13:38] | Hey, pal. | 你好啊 |
[13:41] | What’s this, a love note? | 这是什么 情书吗 |
[13:42] | – Give that back! – Oh, I don’t think so. | -还给我 -没门 |
[13:44] | “To my beloved Veronica, | “我心爱的维罗妮卡 |
[13:47] | Every minute I’m away from you is an eternity. | 你不在我身边的每一分钟 都像永恒 |
[13:50] | But it feels longer than that. | 但感觉比永恒还漫长 |
[13:52] | I can’t eat, I can’t sleep, | 我吃不下 睡不着 |
[13:55] | It feels like there’s a hole in my heart that only you can fill…” | 就像我内心有一个洞 只有你能填满…” |
[14:11] | Champagne? | 喝香槟吗 |
[14:13] | Oh, I’m fine, thank you. | 我不用了 谢谢 |
[14:14] | These are for me. | 两杯都是给我的 |
[14:17] | Are-are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[14:18] | No, I’m very nervous. | 不好 我超紧张 |
[14:20] | That’s interesting. | 真有意思 |
[14:21] | Normally, I’m the one who’s unsure of himself | 通常 我才是在社交场合 |
[14:24] | in a social situation, | 感到没自信的人 |
[14:25] | but tonight, it’s you. | 但今晚 换成你了 |
[14:27] | Yeah. Frickin’ fascinating. | 是啊 有意思极了 |
[14:29] | Dr. Sturgis, good to see you. | 斯特吉斯博士 很高兴见到你 |
[14:30] | Dr. Linkletter. | 林克莱特博士 |
[14:32] | Please meet my girlfriend, | 这是我的女朋友 |
[14:34] | Connie Tucker. | 康妮·塔克 |
[14:36] | Nice to meet you, Dr. Tucker. | 很高兴认识你 塔克博士 |
[14:37] | I’m not a doctor. | 我不是博士 |
[14:38] | But I would like to point out, | 但我想指出 |
[14:40] | she’s quite real. | 她是真实存在的 |
[14:41] | I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[14:42] | – And our relationship is more than just friends. – That’s enough. | -我们的关系不只是朋友哦 -够了 |
[14:47] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[14:48] | it’s flat-out erotic. | 我俩常共赴巫山云雨 |
[14:50] | Change the subject, John. | 换个话题 约翰 |
[14:52] | You got it, girlfriend. | 没问题 女朋友 |
[14:54] | Dr. Linkletter is working on an intriguing theory | 林克莱特博士正在研究一个 |
[14:58] | of quantum gravity. | 有趣的量子引力理论 |
[15:01] | – Is that so? – He can explain it | -是吗 -他能解释得 |
[15:03] | much better than I can. | 比我好得多 |
[15:04] | Are you familiar at all with string theory? | 你熟悉弦理论吗 |
[15:08] | Remind me. | 提醒我一下 |
[15:09] | Well, basically, it’s a string theoretic interpretation of the graviton. | 基本上就是用弦理论解释引力 |
[15:13] | Every force is an exchange of particles. | 所有力都是通过粒子交换而产生的 |
[15:15] | Gravity is the exchange of gravitons. | 引力就是通过引力子交换而产生的 |
[15:18] | Meemaw, are you even listening? | 姥姥 你有在听吗 |
[15:20] | What? | 什么 |
[15:21] | The graviton is a massless string. | 引力子就是质量为零的弦 |
[15:24] | The graviton is a massless string. | 引力子就是质量为零的弦 |
[15:27] | Well, yes, it is. | 没错 |
[15:29] | When did you learn that? | 你什么时候学的 |
[15:31] | I get around. | 我兴趣广泛啦 |
[15:33] | In fact, I would go so far as to say | 事实上 我甚至认为 |
[15:35] | that every force is an exchange of particles, | 所有力都是通过粒子交换而产生的 |
[15:37] | and gravity is an exchange of gravitons. | 引力就是通过引力子交换而产生的 |
[15:39] | Correct! | 说得对 |
[15:40] | Yes! | 好棒 |
[15:42] | John, where have you been hiding her? | 约翰 你之前都把她藏哪儿了 |
[15:44] | I haven’t. | 我没藏啊 |
[15:45] | I’ve talked about her quite a bit, | 我常常提起她 |
[15:46] | but you all said she was a figment of my imagination. | 但你们都说她是我臆想出来的 |
[15:50] | She’s dynamite. | 她太厉害了 |
[15:53] | Hello. I’d like to speak to Arthur Jeffries. | 你好 我想找亚瑟·杰弗里斯 |
[15:56] | He plays Professor Proton. | 扮演质子教授的人 |
[15:58] | But you probably know that, | 但你应该知道 |
[16:00] | since you answer the phone at the station | 毕竟你在制作这个节目的台里 |
[16:01] | that makes the show, you lucky duck. | 负责接电话 你真幸运 |
[16:05] | Then I’d like to leave him another message. | 那我想再给他留个言 |
[16:08] | Please tell him Sheldon Cooper called again | 请转告他谢尔顿·库珀又来电了 |
[16:10] | and that I’ve successfully obtained | 而且我已经成功获得 |
[16:11] | the radioactive material that I’m looking for. | 要找的放射性材料 |
[16:14] | Yes, americium-241. | 对 镅241 |
[16:17] | I have lots of it. | 我有超多 |
[16:20] | I live at 5501 Grant Avenue, | 我住在德州梅福德市 |
[16:22] | Medford, Texas. | 格兰特大道5501号 |
[16:23] | If you’re sending me an autographed picture, | 如果你要寄签名照给我 |
[16:25] | I already have one. | 我已经有一张了 |
[16:27] | Ooh, how about one of his bow ties? | 那寄他的领结给我可以吗 |
[16:29] | And then Bryan Larkin read the letter | 然后布莱恩·拉尔金在走廊里 |
[16:31] | – out loud in the hall. – No. | -大声把信念出来 -惨了 |
[16:33] | Georgie used the word “love,” like, 30 times. | 小乔治在信里用了大概30个”爱”字 |
[16:36] | It was pathetic. | 超可悲的 |
[16:37] | That hurts to hear. | 听到都心疼 |
[16:38] | Really? I think it’s hilarious. | 真的吗 我觉得很搞笑 |
[16:42] | Also, my math teacher’s pregnant. | 还有 我的数学老师怀孕了 |
[16:45] | Well, that’s nice. | 真好啊 |
[16:47] | It might not be her husband’s. | 孩子可能不是她老公的 |
[16:50] | Whose do you think it is? | 你觉得是谁的 |
[17:00] | Going somewhere? | 要出门吗 |
[17:02] | Alaska. | 阿拉斯加 |
[17:03] | Gonna work on the pipeline. | 去那里的输油管道工作 |
[17:05] | Alaska, huh? That-That’s pretty far. | 阿拉斯加吗 那里挺远的 |
[17:07] | Not far enough, but it’ll have to do. | 还不够远 但只好将就了 |
[17:10] | Look, Georgie, | 听着 小乔治 |
[17:13] | I know it feels bad right now, but… | 我知道你现在很难受 但是… |
[17:15] | I promise it’ll get better. | 我保证以后会好起来的 |
[17:17] | How’s it gonna get better? | 怎么会好起来 |
[17:18] | Veronica thinks I’m a jerk, | 维罗妮卡觉得我是个混蛋 |
[17:20] | and everyone in the school’s calling me Lovey Cooper. | 学校里每个人都叫我情圣库珀 |
[17:22] | Ooh, that is not a good name. | 这称号可不好 |
[17:24] | It doesn’t matter, ’cause I’m never going back to that school. | 无所谓了 因为我不要再回那个学校了 |
[17:27] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[17:31] | You’re a good-looking kid, | 你外表好看 |
[17:33] | and you got a big heart. | 内心善良 |
[17:36] | Once we get you on a daily shower schedule, | 等我们督促你做到每天洗澡 |
[17:38] | the girls are gonna be lining up. | 姑娘们就会排着队追求你 |
[17:40] | I don’t want girls. | 我不想要姑娘们 |
[17:41] | I want Veronica. | 我只想要维罗妮卡 |
[17:43] | Yeah, maybe you’ll get her and maybe you won’t. | 你可能会追到她 也可能不会 |
[17:45] | But someday, you’ll find the woman | 但有一天 你会找到 |
[17:47] | who was really meant for you. | 注定跟你在一起的女人 |
[17:48] | You mean like Kathryn Dempsey? | 你是指凯瑟琳·邓普西吗 |
[17:50] | Alaska’s beautiful. | 阿拉斯加很漂亮 |
[17:51] | How ’bout I go with you? | 不如我跟你一起去吧 |
[17:54] | Who’s Kathryn Dempsey? | 凯瑟琳·邓普西是谁 |
[17:55] | I was 15 years– | 我当年才15岁 |
[17:56] | I was 15 years old! | 才15岁而已 |
[18:01] | Connie, tell me, did you grow up in Texas? | 康妮 你在德州长大的吗 |
[18:04] | Took my first bath in a ten-gallon hat. | 我人生第一次泡澡就是在牛仔帽里 |
[18:08] | That’s wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[18:08] | My goodness, you’re as funny as you are beautiful. | 老天 你幽默的程度不输你的美貌 |
[18:12] | That’s a nice thing to say to your friend’s girlfriend. | 对你朋友的女友说这种话 挺好的 |
[18:15] | Actually, I don’t think it is so nice. | 但我不觉得好 |
[18:17] | If I didn’t know any better, | 要不是我心里清楚 |
[18:19] | I’d say you were sweet-talking my date right in front of me. | 我会以为你当着我的面挑逗我女友 |
[18:22] | You’re a pretty smart man, John. | 你很聪明 约翰 |
[18:23] | Trust your gut. | 相信自己的直觉 |
[18:25] | Oh, look! | 看啊 |
[18:26] | Shrimp cocktail. Let’s get some. | 有虾仁杯 我们去吃吧 |
[18:28] | – Now, hang on. – Hey. Take your hand off her, | -等一下 -你放开她 |
[18:31] | or there are gonna be some severe consequences. | 否则我对你不客气了 |
[18:33] | Whoa, John, calm down. | 约翰 冷静点 |
[18:35] | What do you see in this guy? | 你看上这家伙什么了 |
[18:36] | All right, that’s it! | 我忍无可忍了 |
[18:38] | Oh, boy, you shouldn’t have done that. | 你真不应该推我的 |
[18:42] | That’s enough! Both of you, | 够了 你俩都住手 |
[18:43] | just cool your jets. | 都给我冷静一点 |
[18:45] | This isn’t over, Dr. Linkletter! | 这事还没完 林克莱特博士 |
[18:47] | Anytime, anyplace, Dr. Sturgis. | 我随时奉陪 斯特吉斯博士 |
[18:50] | And your graviton research | 你关于引力子的研究 |
[18:53] | is mediocre at best! | 顶多算平庸 |
[18:56] | Keep moving. | 继续走 |
[18:58] | Are you angry with me? | 你生我气了吗 |
[18:59] | More turned on. | 欲火焚身多过发火 |
[19:00] | Ooh. Great. Let’s go. | 太好了 快走吧 |
[19:10] | Good morning, Mary. | 早上好 玛丽 |
[19:16] | What’s that about? | 你为什么不理他 |
[19:18] | I’m punishing him. | 我在惩罚他 |
[19:19] | What for? | 为什么事 |
[19:20] | Nothing, really. | 其实没什么 |
[19:20] | But once I got started, I couldn’t stop. | 可一旦开始了 就停不下来 |
[19:25] | I’ll get it! | 我去开门 |
[19:28] | The hell? | 怎么回事 |
[19:28] | Sheldon Cooper live here? | 谢尔顿·库珀住在这吗 |
[19:34] | Mare! | 阿丽 |
[19:46] | Am I in trouble? | 我闯祸了吗 |