时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I’d like to tell you a story | 我想跟你说个故事 |
[00:03] | about a time I was right. | 是有关我对了的一件事 |
[00:04] | 欢乐烤炉 家庭面包坊 | |
[00:05] | 欢乐烤炉 家庭面包坊 国内食品集团子公司 | |
[00:05] | Now, I’m sure you’re thinking, | 我知道你可能在想 |
[00:07] | “But, Sheldon, you’re never wrong.” | “可是谢尔顿 你永远不会错啊” |
[00:09] | And you’d be right. | 而你是对的 |
[00:12] | But it’s worth taking a closer look at this particular incident. | 但这件事还是很值得仔细品味一番 |
[00:17] | Because it began with a loaf of bread, | 因为它是由一条吐司所开始 |
[00:20] | and ended with me and my family | 并以我与全家人 |
[00:22] | almost being kicked out of the United States of America. | 差点被踢出美利坚合众国收尾 |
[00:30] | Uh-oh. | 糟糕 |
[00:32] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[00:33] | Something’s wrong with my sandwich. | 我的三明治有点问题 |
[00:36] | Did it go bad? | 是坏了吗 |
[00:37] | No. It just tastes… different. | 没有 只是吃起来… 不太一样 |
[00:41] | If you don’t want it, I’ll trade you for my dumplings. | 你要是不想吃 我愿意用我的水饺跟你换 |
[00:43] | I’m already unhappy. | 我已经不高兴了 |
[00:44] | Do you really think dumplings will fix the problem? | 你觉得水饺能解决这问题吗 |
[00:47] | It’ll fix my problem. I’m sick of dumplings. | 但是能解决我的问题啊 我烦死吃水饺了 |
[00:53] | Mary Cooper, how may I bless you? | 玛丽·库珀 有何能为您祝福 |
[00:55] | Hello, Mom? | 是妈妈吗 |
[00:56] | Sheldon? Everything okay? | 谢尔顿 你没出什么事吧 |
[00:57] | – No. – What’s wrong? | -没事 -那怎么了 |
[00:59] | – What happened? – My sandwich tastes different. | -发生什么事了 -我的三明治吃起来味道不一样 |
[01:02] | You know you’re not supposed to call unless it’s an emergency. | 跟你说过有紧急的事才能打过来 |
[01:05] | – I’m well aware. – So what did you change? | -我知道 -所以你换了什么材料 |
[01:08] | I didn’t change anything. | 我什么都没换 |
[01:10] | Same bread, same peanut butter, same jelly. | 同样的面包 同样的花生酱 同样的果酱 |
[01:13] | Did you use one knife for the PB and the J? | 你用同一把刀抹花生酱跟果酱了吗 |
[01:16] | – No. – Are you sure? | -当然没有 -你确定吗 |
[01:18] | That was one time two years ago, | 我就两年前这么做过一次 |
[01:20] | and all the other knives were dirty. | 还是因为其他的刀都脏了 |
[01:22] | It was 14 months and 11 days ago. | 是在14个月又11天之前 |
[01:24] | When we made the big switch from Wonder Bread. | 我们从超级牌吐司换到了欢乐烤炉牌 |
[01:26] | Oh, how could I forget? | 我怎么可能忘记 |
[01:28] | Sheldon, I didn’t change anything. | 谢尔顿 我什么都没换 |
[01:30] | Can I get back to work now? | 我能继续回去工作了吗 |
[01:33] | I suppose so. | 大概吧 |
[01:34] | Thank you. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[01:36] | Don’t I get an “I love you”? | 你不跟我说”我爱你”吗 |
[01:38] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:39] | One more time, with a little more energy. | 再一次 这次别那么有气无力 |
[01:45] | Must’ve been disconnected. | 大概是断线了吧 |
[01:48] | Well, my mother didn’t do anything differently. | 我妈妈没有换使用的材料 |
[01:51] | Are you gonna eat it? | 你要吃吗 |
[01:53] | Better. I’m going to do science on it. | 比吃还好 我要对它进行科学实验 |
[01:57] | I would eat it. | 要我就吃掉了 |
[02:00] | Are the goggles necessary? | 有必要戴护目镜吗 |
[02:02] | No, but they really set the mood. | 没 但戴上了更有气氛 |
[02:05] | Okay, subject “A,” jelly. | 实验对象A 果酱 |
[02:11] | That’s definitely strawberry and definitely Smuckers. | 绝对是草莓 也绝对是盛美家牌的 |
[02:17] | Subject “B.” | 实验对象B |
[02:21] | That’s Jif all right. Creamy and delicious. | 是杰夫牌的没错 绵密又美味 |
[02:24] | It must be the bread. | 那肯定是吐司的问题 |
[02:25] | Hold on. This is a scientific experiment. | 别着急 这是科学实验 |
[02:28] | We can’t make assumptions. | 我们不能先入为主 |
[02:30] | Subject “C.” | 实验对象C |
[02:34] | It’s the bread. | 就是吐司的问题 |
[02:36] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:39] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:41] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:44] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:47] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:58] | Welcome to the family, Hacksaw. | 欢迎加入大家庭 摔跤手钢锯 |
[03:08] | Hey. | 你好吗 |
[03:09] | Oh. Hey, Georgie. | 你好啊 小乔治 |
[03:12] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[03:13] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[03:15] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[03:16] | Not really. | 不太好 |
[03:18] | Um… Dustin broke up with me. | 达斯汀跟我分手了 |
[03:22] | What? | 什么 |
[03:23] | He said I was immature. | 他说我不成熟 |
[03:26] | Is he crazy? | 他疯了吗 |
[03:27] | Everything about you screams womanhood. | 你身上无处不散发女人气息 |
[03:31] | See? | 你看 |
[03:32] | Happy Hearth Home Bakeries, just like always. | 欢乐烤炉家庭面包坊 没换牌子 |
[03:35] | – Well, something is rotten in the state of Denmark. – What? | -丹麦有坏事 -什么 |
[03:38] | – That’s Shakespeare, Mom. – Great. | -这是引用莎士比亚啦 妈妈 -真棒 |
[03:41] | Missy, did your sandwich taste different today? | 米希 你今天的三明治吃起来有不一样吗 |
[03:43] | Couldn’t tell you. I traded it for a Ding Dong. | 我也不知道 我拿去跟别人换巧克力馅饼了 |
[03:47] | Your sandwich is exactly the same, Sheldon. | 你的三明治没有变化 谢尔顿 |
[03:50] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[03:51] | This bread is different. | 这个面包不一样 |
[03:52] | Let me see. | 我瞧瞧 |
[03:55] | You know, he might be right. | 他有可能是对的 |
[03:59] | Shelly, it’s probably just your taste buds | 谢利 有可能只是你的味蕾 |
[04:01] | changing as you get older. | 随着你长大而改变了 |
[04:02] | But I don’t like change. | 但我不喜欢改变 |
[04:04] | Then you’re gonna hate puberty. | 那你一定会恨死青春期 |
[04:08] | Got me with your ring. | 你的戒指打得我好疼 |
[04:11] | She wasn’t wrong. | 她没说错 |
[04:12] | Studies do support that your sense of taste changes over time. | 的确有研究表示味觉会随时间改变 |
[04:16] | So the bread’s the same and you’re different? | 所以面包没改变 是你不一样了 |
[04:18] | Apparently so. | 貌似是的 |
[04:22] | Nope, it’s the bread. | 不对 就是面包有问题 |
[04:39] | I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat | 我在想你有没有兴趣一起去 |
[04:42] | at the Waffle House? | 华夫饼之家吃点东西 |
[04:44] | Not like a date. | 不是约会啦 |
[04:46] | But as someone who recently had his heart broke, | 但我也是最近才伤过心的同道中人 |
[04:49] | I think I could help. | 我觉得我能帮助你 |
[04:51] | Who broke your heart? | 谁伤了你的心啊 |
[04:52] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[04:56] | You did. | 你啊 |
[04:57] | Oh. Yeah. | 对哦 |
[05:00] | I’m just saying, I know what you’re going through. | 我只是想说我能理解你的痛苦 |
[05:03] | So if you need a friend with a pocket full of waffle money… | 所以如果你需要口袋里都是华夫饼钱的朋友… |
[05:11] | Look at these prices. | 看看这些价钱 |
[05:12] | No wonder supermarkets are running my parents out of business. | 难怪超市快让我爸妈的店倒闭了 |
[05:16] | Your parents own a convenience store. | 你父母开的是便利店 |
[05:18] | They charge extra for the convenience. | 便利也是收费的 |
[05:20] | How is this not convenient? | 这里哪里不便利了 |
[05:22] | Excuse me, sir. | 先生 打扰一下 |
[05:23] | Has anything changed with the bread | 欢乐烤炉家庭面包坊的面包 |
[05:24] | from the Happy Hearth Home Bakeries? | 最近有做过任何改变吗 |
[05:27] | I have no idea. | 我不知道啊 |
[05:28] | How can you not know? You work here. | 你怎么能不知道 你在这里工作啊 |
[05:30] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我怎么样 |
[05:31] | I get $3.35 an hour to stock shelves. | 我在这里摆货架一小时只赚3块35 |
[05:34] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[05:35] | My father pays me five dollars a week. | 我爸给我的周工资是5块钱 |
[05:39] | I bet they’re violating child labor laws. | 我敢打赌他们一定违反了童工法 |
[05:41] | Look. This loaf says | 你看 这条吐司写着 |
[05:43] | “A subsidiary of the Domestic Food Corporation.” | “国内食品集团子公司” |
[05:45] | This older loaf doesn’t. | 这条旧点的吐司上就没有 |
[05:48] | I wonder if I can take my parents to court? | 不知道我能不能把我父母告上法庭 |
[05:51] | It smells like my bread. | 闻起来像我本来的吐司 |
[05:53] | Or I could start a labor union with my sisters. | 或者跟我姐姐们创建工会 |
[05:56] | This is it! This is my bread! | 就是这个 这是我本来的吐司 |
[05:58] | We could go on strike. | 我们可以罢工抗议 |
[06:00] | Bring them to their knees. | 让他们跪下臣服 |
[06:01] | Vindication! | 沉冤昭雪 |
[06:12] | Happy Hearth Home Bakeries, | 欢乐烤炉家庭烘焙坊 |
[06:13] | this is Pete. How can I help you? | 我是皮特 有何能为您效劳 |
[06:15] | Hello, Pete. My name is Sheldon Cooper, | 你好 皮特 我叫谢尔顿·库珀 |
[06:17] | and I would like to know what changed | 我想知道你们改变了什么配方 |
[06:19] | in your white sandwich loaf to make it taste different? | 使得你们的三明治白吐司味道不一样了 |
[06:21] | Sheldon, hang up the phone. It’s dinner time. | 谢尔顿 挂掉电话 晚餐时间到了 |
[06:23] | Be right there, Mom. I’m doing battle with corporate America. | 马上来 妈妈 我正在跟美国的企业做抗争 |
[06:27] | I’m sorry, Pete. | 抱歉 皮特 |
[06:28] | You were saying? | 你刚才说到哪了 |
[06:29] | Any chance your bread was past the expiration date? | 你的面包有没有可能过了保质期 |
[06:31] | No, it was brand-new. But I did a taste comparison | 没有 是新买的 但是我做了尝味比较 |
[06:34] | after it was bought out by the Domestic Food Corporation, | 比较了被国内食品集团买下前后产的吐司 |
[06:37] | and they are definitely not the same. | 它们味道绝对不一样 |
[06:39] | Well, I can assure you that, “The recent acquisition | 我可以跟你保证 “本公司产品 |
[06:42] | by the Domestic Food Corporation has not affected | 在最近被国内食品集团收购后 |
[06:46] | the quality of our products in any way. | 品质毫无受到任何影响 |
[06:48] | every single bread, baked good, and pastry | 每一条吐司 烘焙物与糕点 |
[06:50] | is made with love. From our hearth to your home.” | 都添加了爱 从我们的烤炉直达你家” |
[06:53] | Then why does it taste different, Pete? Why? | 那为什么味道不一样了 皮特 为什么 |
[06:56] | Well, because now we make everything really cheap and fast. Bye. | 因为现在所有产品都是高速廉价制成 再见 |
[07:05] | I thought Dustin was different. | 我还以为达斯汀有所不同呢 |
[07:07] | I thought he wanted to live a Christian life like me. | 我以为他也想保持基督教婚前不性行为 |
[07:09] | But… all he wanted is what every guy wants. | 但结果… 他跟其他男生并没有什么不同 |
[07:13] | Guys. | 男人啊 |
[07:15] | Oh, please, you’re all the same. | 少来了 你也一样 |
[07:17] | Hey. You rejected me, you punched me in the face, | 你拒绝我 你往我脸上打了一拳 |
[07:21] | and I’m still here. | 但我到现在都还没走呢 |
[07:23] | Happy eating waffles with you. | 跟你一起吃华夫饼就开心 |
[07:26] | Georgie, do you really think you’re capable | 小乔治 你确定你有办法 |
[07:28] | of just being my friend? | 保持只跟我做普通朋友吗 |
[07:31] | That’s a good question. | 这是个好问题 |
[07:33] | My brain says yes. | 我的大脑说可以 |
[07:35] | What about the rest of you? | 那你身上其他部分呢 |
[07:37] | Honestly, I wouldn’t trust it. | 老实说 我不会信任它们 |
[07:42] | Excuse me. Would you like to sign my petition | 不好意思 请问您有兴趣签我的请愿书 |
[07:44] | against Happy Hearth Home Bakeries? | 共同抵制欢乐烤炉家庭面包坊吗 |
[07:46] | Maybe on the way out. | 等我买完出来再说 |
[07:49] | Excuse me. Would you like to sign my petition | 不好意思 请问您有兴趣签我的请愿书 |
[07:51] | against Happy Hearth Home Bakeries? | 共同抵制欢乐烤炉家庭面包坊吗 |
[07:53] | Oh. Maybe on the way out. | 等我买完出来再说吧 |
[07:55] | I hate to say it. | 我不想说出来 |
[07:56] | But everybody’s way out | 但大家出来的路线 |
[07:58] | is at the other set of doors. | 都选择了另一边的门 |
[08:01] | I have noticed. Why do you think that is? | 我注意到了 你觉得为什么会这样呢 |
[08:04] | Cowards. The whole bunch of ’em. | 胆小呗 他们全都没种 |
[08:08] | Mr. Givens! | 吉文斯老师 |
[08:11] | Hello, Sheldon. | 你好啊 谢尔顿 |
[08:12] | Meemaw, this is my science teacher, Mr. Givens. | 姥姥 这是我的科学课老师 吉文斯先生 |
[08:15] | – Nice to meet ya. – Hi. | -幸会幸会 -你好 |
[08:17] | This is strange, I never think of you | 有点怪怪的感觉 我从来没想象过 |
[08:18] | as existing outside of school. | 你在学校外也存在的情景 |
[08:21] | Well, it turns out I do. | 我还真存在呢 |
[08:23] | And you’re here buying food. | 你还来这里买食物 |
[08:25] | I am. | 是啊 |
[08:26] | Fascinating. | 有意思 |
[08:29] | All right. | 好啦 |
[08:30] | – Well, I’ll see you on Monday. – Wait. | -我们周一见 -稍等 |
[08:32] | Would you like to sign my petition | 您有兴趣签我的请愿书 |
[08:33] | against Happy Hearth Home Bakeries? | 共同抵制欢乐烤炉家庭面包坊吗 |
[08:35] | Well, what have they done? | 他们做了什么啊 |
[08:36] | They’re making their bread faster and cheaper to save money. | 他们改用高速廉价的方式做面包来节省成本 |
[08:39] | That’s terrible. | 太坏了 |
[08:41] | It is. Would you like to sign? | 是啊 你愿意签吗 |
[08:44] | – I would. – Excellent. | -愿意 -太好了 |
[08:45] | – I’ll get you on the way out. – Thank you. | -我买完出来找你 -谢谢 |
[08:50] | Well, that’s one. | 有一个人了 |
[08:52] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:59] | I know it’s tough, but you gotta be strong. | 我知道你很难受 但你必须坚强一点 |
[09:01] | And remember, you’re not alone. | 而且记住 你不是一个人 |
[09:05] | Hello? | 喂 |
[09:06] | Kinda busy. | 忙着呢 |
[09:07] | Well, there’s only one bathroom in the house, Georgie, | 这栋房子里只有一间厕所 小乔治 |
[09:09] | and it’s not for phone calls. | 而且不是用来打电话的 |
[09:11] | I got to call you back. | 我回头再打给你 |
[09:13] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:14] | Who you talking to? | 你在跟谁煲电话粥 |
[09:16] | That Veronica girl? | 那个叫维罗妮卡的女孩吗 |
[09:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:19] | What’s going on with that? | 你们俩什么情况 |
[09:20] | Nothing. We’re just friends. | 没情况 我们只是朋友 |
[09:22] | Okay. You ever want to run any of this stuff by me, | 好吧 如果你什么时候想跟我说说这事 |
[09:26] | I’m here for you. | 我随时都在 |
[09:27] | Why would I want to run it by you? | 我为什么会想跟你说 |
[09:29] | Well, I was once a 15-year-old boy. | 我也曾是个15岁的花样少男 |
[09:31] | I know what it’s like to have strong feelings for a girl. | 我知道对一个女生有强烈的感情是什么感觉 |
[09:34] | Gross. I’m not gonna talk to you about this. | 恶心 我才不会跟你聊这个 |
[09:39] | I-I saw that kid on Who’s the Boss | 我看过《成长没烦恼》里那个男孩 |
[09:40] | talk to Tony Danza about his problems. | 跟同剧演员托尼·丹扎倾诉他的烦恼 |
[09:43] | They’re not related. This is totally different. | 他们又没血缘关系 这完全是两码事 |
[09:52] | Damn it, Georgie, you could flush once in a while. | 我靠 小乔治 你偶尔也冲次水吧 |
[09:55] | On behalf of sandwich-loving children everywhere, I thank you. | 仅代表各地热爱三明治的儿童 感谢你 |
[09:59] | – How many is that? 13. | -现在有多少人了 -13个 |
[10:02] | A baker’s dozen. | 就是面包师傅的一打 |
[10:03] | What do you say we pack up and head outta here? | 我们收拾东西离开这里 好不好 |
[10:05] | No, we have to wait for Channel 7 news. | 不行 我们得等第七新闻台来 |
[10:07] | Channel 7? | 第七台 |
[10:08] | Yes. I called them this morning | 没错 我今早打给他们 |
[10:10] | and told them there was a human interest story | 说超市这里有一个 |
[10:12] | at the supermarket. | 民众利益相关的事件 |
[10:13] | What story? | 什么事件 |
[10:14] | Classic Americana. | 典型美国事件 |
[10:15] | Little guy versus corporate greed. | 小人物对抗企业大鳄的贪婪 |
[10:17] | Honey, Channel 7 is not coming. | 宝贝 第七台不会来的 |
[10:22] | You Sheldon Cooper? | 你是谢尔顿·库珀吗 |
[10:23] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[10:25] | You got to be kidding me. | 我不是在做梦吧 |
[10:26] | How’s my hair look? | 我的发型看起来怎么样 |
[10:35] | Hey, how’d it go? | 进行得怎么样啊 |
[10:36] | Great. Turn to Channel 7. | 非常好 转到第七台 |
[10:38] | But I’m watching the game. | 但我在看球赛 |
[10:39] | But I’m going to be on Channel 7. | 但我马上会出现在第七台 |
[10:41] | What’s he talking about? | 他在讲什么疯话 |
[10:42] | He’s gonna be on Channel 7. | 他会出现在第七台 |
[10:47] | I was shocked to learn that the Happy Hearth Home Bakeries | 得知欢乐烤炉家庭面包坊 |
[10:49] | had been bought out by the Domestic Food Corporation, | 被国内食品集团买下后 我深感震惊 |
[10:52] | and they started making their bread faster and cheaper. | 他们开始用更快更廉价的方式生产面包 |
[10:54] | – And you don’t like that, do you? – No. | -你不喜欢这样 是吗 -没错 |
[10:57] | And you’re collecting signatures | 你现在正收集大家的签名 |
[10:59] | – to make them stop. – I am. | -联合抗议他们的做法 -没错 |
[11:01] | Corporations shouldn’t be allowed to make | 这种事不该由大集团 |
[11:02] | these decisions on their own. | 独立决定 |
[11:04] | Well, who should? | 那应该由谁来决定 |
[11:05] | The people who eat the bread. | 吃这种面包的人 |
[11:07] | This wouldn’t happen if there were centralized control | 要是这些大集团受到集中控制 |
[11:09] | over all these big corporations. | 就不会发生这件事了 |
[11:11] | Are you suggesting | 你是建议 |
[11:12] | a communist form of government in Texas? | 德州政府改走共产主义吗 |
[11:16] | I suppose I am. | 我想是的 |
[11:17] | Hang on a sec… | 等一下 |
[11:18] | There you have it. Local boy Sheldon Cooper | 观众们都看到了 本地男孩谢尔顿·库珀 |
[11:21] | says communism is what Texas needs. | 说德州需要共产主义 |
[11:26] | Oh, dear God. | 要命了 |
[11:32] | I just… You… | 我… 你… |
[11:34] | Why… I-I-I-I-I… | 为什么… 我… |
[11:36] | Why would you… | 你为什么会… |
[11:38] | What were you th… | 你当时在想… |
[11:40] | – Oh, God. – Calm down. | -天啊 -冷静点 |
[11:41] | It was just the 4:00 news. I’m sure no one saw it. | 那只是下午四点的新闻 一定没人看到 |
[11:43] | I hope a lot of people saw it | 我希望有很多人看到 |
[11:45] | and Happy Hearth is forced | 这样欢乐烤炉就不得不 |
[11:46] | to give our country good bread again. | 再次为我国生产好面包 |
[11:48] | No! No more bread. | 不 别再提面包 |
[11:49] | No more country. No more talking. | 别再提国家 别再乱说话了 |
[11:53] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[11:54] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[11:55] | I’m gonna go put up an American flag in front of my house. | 我要在我家门口挂起一面美国国旗 |
[11:57] | That’s a great idea. Mare, where’s our flag? | 这主意真好 小丽 我们的国旗在哪 |
[11:59] | Uh, uh, it’s in the garage. | 我想想 在车库里 |
[12:04] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[12:05] | Yes, Sheldon, something is wrong. | 是的 谢尔顿 出事了 |
[12:09] | Oh, now what? | 又怎么了 |
[12:12] | Is anybody going to fill me in? | 没人给我说说出什么事了吗 |
[12:16] | Not a good time, Brenda. | 我现在不方便聊 布兰达 |
[12:17] | I don’t want your boy playing with my boy anymore. | 你儿子以后别再跟我儿子玩了 |
[12:20] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[12:22] | Someone get that! | 谁去接下电话 |
[12:24] | I just saw Sheldon on the news. | 我刚在新闻上看到谢尔顿 |
[12:26] | He doesn’t need to be filling | 我不要他给我家比利 |
[12:27] | Billy’s head with crazy commie ideas. | 灌输什么疯狂的共产主义思想 |
[12:30] | Crazier than sitting on an egg and trying to hatch it? | 比坐在鸡蛋上 妄想孵出鸡仔更疯狂吗 |
[12:32] | ‘Cause I saw your precious son do that the other day. | 因为我前几天就看到你宝贝儿子干这蠢事 |
[12:35] | Oh, so you’re spying on us. | 这么说你在监视我们 |
[12:38] | Good to know. | 很高兴我发现了这事 |
[12:42] | Yes, I do understand we’re in the middle of a cold war. | 对 我很清楚我们国家正处于冷战时期 |
[12:42] | 1947年-1991年间美国与众资本主义阵营 苏联与众社会主义阵营国家间的不动武斗争 | |
[12:46] | But have you seen | 但你有没看见 |
[12:47] | how many people wait in line for bread in Moscow? | 在莫斯科有多少人排队买面包啊 |
[12:50] | It stands to reason their bread must be great. | 这说明他们的面包一定很好吃 |
[12:52] | Who you talking to? | 你在跟谁讲电话 |
[12:53] | – A reporter from Time magazine. – No! | -《时代》杂志的记者 -不 |
[12:57] | He didn’t mean it. | 他不是那个意思 |
[12:58] | God bless America. | 上帝保佑美国 |
[13:10] | – Traitors. – Yeah, go back to Russia. | -卖国贼 -没错 滚回苏联去吧 |
[13:13] | Go back? | 滚回 |
[13:14] | I’ve never been there in the first place. | 我压根就没去过好吗 |
[13:17] | Well, have a great day, Georgie. | 祝你今天愉快 小乔治 |
[13:18] | A great day? Are you out of your mind? | 还愉快 你疯了吗 |
[13:21] | Our lives are over. | 我们都玩完了 |
[13:23] | Well, you’ll never have a great day with that attitude. | 就你这负面态度 你永远都不会愉快 |
[13:26] | ♪ You’re a grand old flag ♪ | ♪ 你是一面伟大古老的旗帜 ♪ |
[13:29] | ♪ You’re a high-flying flag ♪ | ♪ 一面怀有雄心壮志的旗帜 ♪ |
[13:31] | ♪ And forever in peace may you wave ♪ | ♪ 愿你永远和平飘扬 ♪ |
[13:34] | ♪ You’re the emblem of the land I love ♪ | ♪ 你象征着我所热爱的土地 ♪ |
[13:38] | ♪ The home of the free and the… ♪ | ♪ 那里是自由人民和… ♪ |
[13:46] | Look, you made my mom’s note. | 我妈的小纸条都写到你 |
[13:50] | “Don’t talk to Sheldon. Mom.” | “别跟谢尔顿说话 妈妈字” |
[13:53] | That’s fine. I usually do most of the talking. | 没关系 平时基本上也是我说你听 |
[13:56] | Yes, you do. | 这倒是真的 |
[13:58] | ♪ My country, ’tis of thee ♪ | ♪ 我的祖国 ♪ |
[14:01] | ♪ Sweet land of liberty ♪ | ♪ 你是自由美好的土地 ♪ |
[14:05] | ♪ Of thee I sing ♪ | ♪ 我歌颂你 ♪ |
[14:09] | ♪ Land where our fathers died, la… ♪ | ♪ 我们的父辈在此牺牲 ♪ |
[14:12] | Sing along. | 一起唱 |
[14:13] | ♪ Land of the pilgrims’ pride… ♪ | ♪ 这里承载着朝圣者的自尊 ♪ |
[14:29] | Mind if I sit? | 我能坐下吗 |
[14:31] | Y-You sure you want to be seen with me? | 你确定被人看见你跟我一起没关系吗 |
[14:33] | Oh, please. You’re not a commie. | 拜托 你才不是共党 |
[14:37] | Everyone else seems to think I am. | 其他人似乎都认为我是 |
[14:39] | Do you even know what a communist is? | 你知道共产党是什么吗 |
[14:42] | Yeah. It’s the big blond guy Rocky fights in Rocky IV. | 就是《洛奇4》里跟洛奇对打的金发大个儿 |
[14:45] | And he also fights them when he’s Rambo. | 他演蓝博时的对手也是共党 |
[14:48] | – That’s it? – Well, | -就这样吗 -还有 |
[14:50] | I know in every movie it looks like the commies are gonna win, | 我知道每部电影里共党好像都会赢 |
[14:53] | but they don’t. | 但其实他们休想 |
[14:56] | You ever seen any Rocky movies? | 你有看过洛奇系列的电影吗 |
[14:58] | Um, I saw Rocky II. | 我看过《洛奇2》 |
[15:00] | That’s the second one. | 就是第二部 |
[15:02] | ♪ Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner ♪ | ♪ 这面星条旗 ♪ |
[15:09] | ♪ Yet wave… ♪ | ♪ 是否… ♪ |
[15:14] | Hey, you wanted to see me? | 你有事找我吗 |
[15:16] | Have a seat. | 坐下 |
[15:24] | Guess what I’ve been getting a lot of calls about today. | 知道吗 我今天接到了无数通电话 |
[15:27] | I know it looks bad, but we’re handling it. | 我知道情况看起来很糟 但我们在处理了 |
[15:29] | It-It’ll all blow over. | 很快人们就会淡忘的 |
[15:30] | I’m sorry, George, but I can’t have | 抱歉 乔治 但我不能 |
[15:32] | a suspected communist coaching our boys. | 让一个疑似共党分子的人教我们队员 |
[15:35] | Whoa, Tom. I’m not… | 汤姆 我可不是… |
[15:38] | I love my country. | 我热爱我的祖国 |
[15:40] | This is just Sheldon getting bent out of shape | 整件事不过是谢尔顿为了吐司 |
[15:42] | over a loaf of bread. | 大发雷霆 |
[15:43] | Well, this bread better be worth you losing your job. | 这吐司最好值得你丢掉饭碗 |
[15:46] | Now, hang on. G-Give me a chance to fix it. | 等一下 给我个机会弥补此事 |
[15:50] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[15:54] | All right, George. | 好吧 乔治 |
[15:55] | But if I hear from one more angry parent… | 但如果再有一名怒气冲冲的家长打给我… |
[15:57] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢你 非常感谢 |
[16:04] | He’s not here. | 他不在 |
[16:10] | Mary, you understand these people are atheists. | 玛丽 你也知道这些人是无神论者 |
[16:13] | I get it. They’re not my people. | 我明白 他们跟我不是同类 |
[16:15] | You’re my people. | 你才是我的同类 |
[16:16] | Then what’s this all about? | 那这到底是怎么回事 |
[16:17] | My son just wanted a better sandwich. | 我儿子不过是想要更好的吐司 |
[16:20] | Why is this so hard for y’all to understand?! | 你们怎么就听不懂呢 |
[16:22] | ♪ From the mountains ♪ | ♪ 从山岳 ♪ |
[16:24] | ♪ To the prairies ♪ | ♪ 到草原 ♪ |
[16:26] | ♪ To the oceans white with foam ♪ | ♪ 到泛着白沫的汪洋 ♪ |
[16:31] | ♪ God bless America ♪ | ♪ 上帝保佑美国 ♪ |
[16:35] | ♪ Our home sweet home… ♪ | ♪ 我们甜蜜的家园 ♪ |
[16:39] | – Pinko! – Screw you! | -死共党 -去你妈的 |
[16:41] | ♪ God bless America… ♪ | ♪ 上帝保佑美国 ♪ |
[16:46] | Three, two… | 三 二 |
[16:48] | Thanks for having me on. | 谢谢贵节目邀请我来 |
[16:49] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[16:50] | Now, I understand you wanted to set the record straight | 听说你想将你儿子是共党的事 |
[16:52] | regarding your son’s communism. | 解释清楚 |
[16:54] | Yes. N-No! | 没错 不对 |
[16:56] | He’s not a communist. He’s ten years old. | 他不是共党 他才十岁 |
[16:59] | Listen, I fought for this country. | 听着 我为这个国家奋战过 |
[17:00] | I love this country. | 我热爱这个国家 |
[17:02] | My kids love this country. | 我家孩子们也热爱这个国家 |
[17:03] | Isn’t that right, Sheldon? | 对不对 谢尔顿 |
[17:05] | Yes. | 对 |
[17:07] | Although, in all fairness, | 不过 平心而论 |
[17:08] | the Social Security system is a form of… | 我国的社会保障制度只是种… |
[17:10] | – You love this country! – I love this country. | -你热爱这个国家 -我热爱这个国家 |
[17:25] | I have something important that I’d like to say. | 我有些很重要的话想说 |
[17:32] | These last few days I’ve been giving | 在过去几天里 我再给了 |
[17:33] | the new Happy Hearth brand another chance | 新的欢乐烤炉牌吐司一次机会 |
[17:35] | and I’ve decided it’s not so bad. | 我决定了 它们味道也不错 |
[17:39] | Also it toasts well. | 还很适合做烤吐司 |
[17:44] | So, I’m going to say | 所以 我认为 |
[17:46] | that’s a sign of personl growth on my part. | 那代表我有所成长 |
[17:49] | In fact, let’s call it maturity. | 甚至可以说 是变成熟了 |
[17:56] | Still not talking to me, huh. | 还是不肯跟我说话吗 |
[18:00] | Well, I’ll check back in tomorrow. | 我明天再试试 |