时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I’ll tell him. | 我会告诉它 |
[00:06] | Sheldon, you need to go to the principal’s office. | 谢尔顿 校长叫你去他办公室 |
[00:11] | You do that every time. | 你们每次都要这样 |
[00:12] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[00:14] | Uh-huh. Okay. I’ll be right there. | 好 我马上过去 |
[00:19] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[00:20] | Principal wants to talk to me. | 校长叫我过去谈话 |
[00:24] | Grow up. | 别幼稚了 |
[00:29] | Hello! | 你也来啦 |
[00:31] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[00:32] | I got called to the principal’s office. | 我被叫来校长办公室 |
[00:35] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[00:39] | What, you do something wrong? | 你做错事了吗 |
[00:41] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知应该是没有 |
[00:43] | Did you? | 那你呢 |
[00:46] | I hope not. | 希望没有 |
[00:50] | Maybe it’s good news. | 或许是好消息 |
[00:52] | Sheldon, you ever been called to the principal’s office | 谢尔顿 你有过被叫去校长办公室 |
[00:54] | for good news? | 就因为有好消息过吗 |
[00:55] | Never. | 没有 |
[00:57] | Gentlemen, good news. | 两位 有好消息 |
[00:58] | I had a feeling. | 我就感觉是这样 |
[01:00] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[01:01] | We got the PSAT results back, and Sheldon | 谢尔顿的学术评估测试预考成绩回来了 |
[01:01] | 针对高二学生的标准化考试 考试得分用于国家优异学生奖学金的竞争 | |
[01:04] | got a perfect score. | 谢尔顿得了满分 |
[01:06] | – Neat. – Thanks, Tom. | -行啊 -谢了 汤姆 |
[01:08] | I’ll be sure to put that up on the fridge. | 我会记得把成绩单贴家里冰箱上的 |
[01:10] | No, you don’t understand. | 你不懂这事情的分量啊 |
[01:11] | Sheldon’s the only kid in the school to ever do this. | 谢尔顿是全校唯一得过满分的学生 |
[01:14] | At his age, maybe in the whole country. | 以他年纪来看 还可能是全国第一个呢 |
[01:16] | It was fun. I enjoyed it. | 我挺享受这考试的 颇有趣 |
[01:18] | So what’s this mean? | 这代表什么呢 |
[01:19] | It means he pitched a perfect game, George. | 这就像棒球投出了完全比赛[完美]啊 乔治 |
[01:22] | I’ve already gotten calls from colleges who want to meet him. | 我已经收到很多大学来询问要见他的电话了 |
[01:25] | For, like, scholarships and stuff? | 找他谈奖学金之类的吗 |
[01:26] | For everything! | 什么都愿意给他啊 |
[01:28] | They might even pay you to get him. | 可能给你钱买下你儿子都愿意 |
[01:30] | My man! | 我的乖儿子啊 |
[01:32] | When was the last time you washed your hands? | 你上一次洗手是什么时候 |
[01:35] | Come on! | 来一下嘛 |
[01:38] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:41] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:44] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:47] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:49] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:57] | Can you believe it? | 你们敢相信吗 |
[01:58] | Perfect score. | 满分呢 |
[02:00] | Good job, moon pie. | 真棒 小饼饼 |
[02:01] | And not just that. | 而且不止如此 |
[02:03] | Colleges are already sniffing around to recruit him. | 很多大学已经开始想要招揽谢尔顿去读书了 |
[02:05] | What do you mean, colleges? He’s ten. | 你什么意思 还大学 他才10岁呢 |
[02:07] | Principal Petersen said Caltech is interested. | 彼得森校长说加理对我有兴趣 |
[02:09] | Where’s Caltech? | 加理在哪里 |
[02:11] | California, Mom. | 加州啊 老妈 |
[02:12] | California?! | 加州啊 |
[02:13] | It has “Cal” right there in the name. | 人家校名里不就有”加”字了吗 |
[02:15] | You’re not a part of this conversation. | 这个话题你别插嘴 |
[02:18] | The “Tech” is for “Technology.” | 而”理”是”理工”的意思 |
[02:20] | Shelly, go to your room. The adults need to talk. | 谢利 回你房间 大人们要谈话 |
[02:23] | Given the events of the day, I would argue I am an adult | 根据今天发生的事情 我要提出我也是大人 |
[02:26] | and should be treated as one. | 我应该被当大人对待 |
[02:29] | I probably could’ve said that differently. | 我刚才应该用更好的话来表达我的意思 |
[02:34] | You honestly think that little boy’s ready for college? | 你真心觉得那孩子准备好去上大学了 |
[02:38] | Hey, I didn’t think he was ready for high school, | 我当时还不觉得他可以上高中呢 |
[02:40] | but here we are, a year and a half in, | 但你看 一年半过去了 |
[02:42] | and no one got hurt. | 大家都平安无事 |
[02:43] | That is different. | 这不一样啊 |
[02:44] | He’s got you and Georgie over there, | 在高中里有你跟小乔治罩着 |
[02:45] | and he’s still living at home with his mother and his sister. | 而且他到现在还跟老妈老姐同住在家呢 |
[02:49] | And me. | 还有我呢 |
[02:50] | Sure. | 是是是 |
[02:50] | I understand all that. | 你说的我知道 |
[02:52] | Then why are you pushing so hard for this? | 那你为什么还这么努力要促成这事 |
[02:54] | Because these schools are interested now. | 因为这些学校是现在有兴趣啊 |
[02:57] | It’s like football recruitment. | 就像是橄榄球队招揽球员一样 |
[02:58] | You got to strike while the iron’s hot. | 打铁得趁热啊 |
[03:00] | This is nothing like football. | 这跟橄榄球才不一样呢 |
[03:02] | Oh, yeah? What if he stops being smart | 是吗 那万一他突然哪天不聪明了 |
[03:04] | and they don’t want him anymore? | 人家不要他了呢 |
[03:06] | How is that gonna happen? | 这种事怎么可能发生啊 |
[03:08] | I don’t know. Conks his head? | 我不知道啊 可能撞到头 |
[03:11] | Will you help me, please? | 你能帮忙我说两句吗 |
[03:13] | Sorry, I’m not a part of this conversation. | 抱歉 这个话题我不能插嘴 |
[03:20] | At least Dad’s on my side. | 至少老爸是站在我这边的 |
[03:22] | Doesn’t matter. Mom’s gonna win. | 没用的 妈妈会赢的 |
[03:24] | She always does. | 每次都是她赢 |
[03:25] | But I have to leave for college at some point. | 但我总有一天得去上大学啊 |
[03:27] | If you went to college, you know what would happen? | 你知道如果你去上了大学 会发生什么事吗 |
[03:29] | I’d enjoy higher learning? | 我会享受高等教育 |
[03:31] | You would die. | 你会死 |
[03:32] | You would curl up on the floor and die. | 你会蜷曲在地上然后死在那里 |
[03:34] | That’s not true. | 这才不是真的 |
[03:35] | You can’t even take care of your own boo-boos. | 你连自己的”痛痛”都处理不好 |
[03:37] | For your information, every college is staffed | 我告诉你 每个大学里都有 |
[03:39] | with a medical professional. | 专门的医疗职员 |
[03:41] | My boo-boos will be well-tended to. | 我的”痛痛”会受到妥善照料 |
[03:43] | Sheldon! Come back in here! | 谢尔顿 你过来 |
[03:46] | I guess we’ll find out what happened. | 见证结果的时候到了 |
[03:48] | I already know what happened. Mom won. | 我已经知道结果是什么了 老妈赢了 |
[03:51] | Well? | 怎么样了 |
[03:52] | Shelly, I am very proud of you for doing so well on that test. | 谢利 我十分为你的考试成绩为荣 |
[03:57] | But you can’t go off to college. | 但你不能去上大学 |
[03:59] | – Mom! – In a few years, sure. | -妈 -过几年的话 可以 |
[04:01] | But, right now, you can just keep taking | 但现在呢 你就继续跟 |
[04:03] | your one college class with Dr. Sturgis. | 斯特吉斯博士上你的那堂大学课吧 |
[04:06] | Why can’t I go there full-time? | 我为什么不能去大学全职读书 |
[04:08] | Oh, baby, it’s an hour away. | 宝贝 那里开车要一个小时 |
[04:10] | We can’t drive you back and forth every day. | 我们不能天天这么开车送你上下学啊 |
[04:13] | I’m the one who’s been driving him. | 载他去的人是我好吗 |
[04:15] | And she loves it. | 她可喜欢载我了 |
[04:17] | How can he be so smart | 她怎么能这么聪明 |
[04:18] | and so clueless at the same time? | 又这么不懂人情世故呢 |
[04:20] | Dr. Sturgis lives at the school. What if he acted as my guardian? | 斯特吉斯博士住在学校 他当我的监护人呢 |
[04:25] | That’s an idea. | 这也是个办法 |
[04:26] | A crazy one. | 疯了的办法 |
[04:27] | But it would only be on school nights. | 只有上课的晚上在那里住啊 |
[04:29] | – Shelly. – What’s the point of being intelligent | -谢利 -这样的话我聪明又有何意义呢 |
[04:32] | if I can’t take advantage of opportunities like this? | 如果这样的机会我都不能把握 |
[04:38] | They’re still discussing. | 他们还在谈 |
[04:41] | Mom didn’t win? | 老妈没赢吗 |
[04:42] | It’s touch and go. | 战况一触即发 |
[04:44] | Crazy. | 真是不敢相信 |
[04:46] | Is staying with John really that crazy? | 跟约翰住有那么疯狂吗 |
[04:48] | Yes. He doesn’t know squat about kids. | 当然啊 他屁都不了解小孩 |
[04:50] | Why are you even considering this? | 你们怎么还真在考虑这事 |
[04:52] | Well, the Lord gave Shelly these abilities, | 上帝给了谢尔顿这些能力 |
[04:55] | and I don’t want to be the one holding him back. | 我不想自己成为了阻止他发挥的人 |
[04:57] | Okay. I’ll ask him. | 好啦 我再去问他 |
[04:59] | But I’m pretty sure I know what answer you’re gonna get. | 但我挺确定你们会收到什么答案 |
[05:02] | Sure! What the heck? | 当然可以 怕什么 |
[05:10] | Do you really think you could handle | 你真的觉得自己能搞定 |
[05:12] | living with a ten-year-old? | 跟一个十岁小孩同住吗 |
[05:14] | Oh, he’s only biologically ten. | 他只是生理上还10岁 |
[05:16] | In every other way, he’s as old as I am. | 在其他方面 他跟我一样老了 |
[05:18] | John, I don’t think you realize | 约翰 我觉得你没意识到 |
[05:20] | the responsibility involved here. | 这事情所带来的责任 |
[05:22] | Well, why don’t we have a trial run? | 那我们何不来一次试验呢 |
[05:24] | Have him spend a couple days with me and see how it goes. | 让他来跟我同住几天 看看事情的发展 |
[05:28] | A trial run, huh? | 试验吗 |
[05:29] | Like the space program. | 就像是太空计划一样啊 |
[05:31] | You don’t send people up right away; | 你不会直接把人送上太空 |
[05:34] | you start by spinning them around in that thing | 你先从把他们放进那个 |
[05:36] | that makes them throw up. | 会一直旋转让他们呕吐的机器 |
[05:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道了 |
[05:40] | Connie, despite appearances, | 康妮 尽管外表有点像 |
[05:43] | I’m not some stereotypical absentminded professor | 但我并不是那种常见的不问世事 |
[05:47] | who can’t take care of a houseplant. | 连个室内盆栽都照顾不好的教授啊 |
[05:49] | No, no, I wasn’t saying that. | 没没 我没那个意思 |
[05:51] | Yeah, maybe I was. | 好啦 我可能是有点这意思 |
[05:53] | Here’s an idea. | 这样吧 |
[05:54] | Why don’t you and Sheldon come live with me? | 你可以跟谢尔顿来一起跟我住啊 |
[05:58] | And then you can take care of both of us. | 然后你就能照顾我们两个 |
[06:01] | Trial run sounds like the way to go. | 试验期感觉是正确的选择 |
[06:03] | Not ready to shack up, are you? | 还没准备好要同居是吧 |
[06:05] | – No. – Darn it. | -没呢 -可恶 |
[06:07] | The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. | 地球形成大概有45亿年了 |
[06:11] | In the Cosmic Calendar, it’s… | 按宇宙的标准来说 还… |
[06:12] | Shelly, we need to talk to you. | 谢利 我们需要跟你谈谈 |
[06:15] | All right. | 好 |
[06:18] | Meemaw spoke to Dr. Sturgis… | 姥姥跟斯特吉斯博士谈过了 |
[06:20] | And? | 然后呢 |
[06:21] | And… | 然后… |
[06:22] | he was open to you staying. | 他愿意让你去他家住 |
[06:25] | Yes! When can I go? | 太好了 我什么时候能去 |
[06:26] | Now, hold on. Before you get ahead of yourself, | 等等 你先别着急 |
[06:28] | this is just a trial run, for one night. | 这只是一次试验 住一晚而已 |
[06:30] | And even if it goes well, | 而哪怕这次成果很好 |
[06:31] | you’re not starting college tomorrow. | 也不会立刻就明天让你去上大学 |
[06:33] | It’s just to see if this is an option for the future. | 只是看看这能不能当成未来的考虑方案 |
[06:36] | You understand? | 懂吗 |
[06:37] | Yes. | 懂 |
[06:40] | The prospect of advancing | 光是想到 |
[06:41] | to the next stage of academia had me feeling giddy. | 我有机会进入下一个学术阶段让我兴奋无比 |
[06:45] | And, on top of that, I got to pack a suitcase, | 能自己整理行李箱更是锦上添花 |
[06:48] | which is like playing Tetris but with underwear. | 这感觉就像是用内衣裤玩俄罗斯方块 |
[07:13] | You know, Shelly, it’s okay if you’re a little nervous. | 谢利 你要是紧张是没关系的 |
[07:15] | You can tell me. | 你可以告诉我 |
[07:16] | I’m not nervous. | 我不紧张啊 |
[07:18] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:20] | When I was your age, a lot of times, | 我在你这么大的时候 |
[07:22] | I’d have to spend the weekend with my grandparents, | 常常得去我爷爷奶奶家度过周末 |
[07:25] | and that always frightened me, | 那总会令我感到害怕 |
[07:26] | ’cause they’d leave their teeth all over the place. | 因为他们晚上总是会把假牙到处乱丢 |
[07:28] | I never told anybody, but I wish I had. | 我从没跟别人说 但我希望我当时有说 |
[07:31] | That does sound upsetting. Good thing I’m braver than you. | 的确听起来是不开心的回忆 幸好我比你勇敢 |
[07:35] | I’m just saying, it can be tough | 我只是想告诉你 |
[07:37] | sleeping in a new place without your mom. | 在没有妈妈的陪伴下去新地方住可能很难 |
[07:39] | Dr. Sturgis will be there. He’s like a mom. | 斯特吉斯博士会在啊 他就像个妈妈 |
[07:43] | But he’s really smart. | 但他比普通妈妈聪明 |
[07:48] | Welcome! | 欢迎啊 |
[07:50] | Come in, come in! | 请进请进 |
[07:54] | You like chalkboards, huh? | 你很喜欢黑板啊 |
[07:55] | Indeed, I do. Huh. | 是的 没错 |
[07:57] | In fact, I even have one in the bathroom. | 其实我家卫生间里都有一个呢 |
[07:59] | You never know when inspiration will strike. | 谁知道什么时候会突然来灵感呢 |
[08:02] | I may be the luckiest boy in East Texas. | 我或许是东德州最幸运的孩子了吧 |
[08:05] | I know it’s Thursday, | 我知道今天是周四 |
[08:06] | so dinner will be spaghetti and hot dogs. | 所以今晚是热狗丁意大利面 |
[08:10] | And, for fun, | 为了娱乐 |
[08:11] | I have a few episodes of Cosmos recorded. | 我还录好了几集《宇宙 个人游记》来看 |
[08:15] | Forget “Maybe.” I am the luckiest boy. | 不是”或许” 我就是最幸运的孩子 |
[08:17] | Remember, it’s a school night, so his bedtime is 7:30. | 别忘了 明天还有课 他七点半就得睡觉 |
[08:21] | Mine, too! | 我也是呢 |
[08:26] | ♪ So far away ♪ | ♪ 好遥远 ♪ |
[08:30] | ♪ Doesn’t anybody stay in one place anymore? ♪ | ♪ 是不是没人愿意留在一个地方了 ♪ |
[08:35] | Shut up, Carole King. | 闭嘴吧 卡罗尔·金 |
[08:40] | Watching Cosmos while we’re eating dinner? | 边吃晚餐边看《宇宙 个人游记》吗 |
[08:42] | Am I awake? Because this feels like a dream. | 我是清醒的吗 因为这感觉像在做梦 |
[08:45] | Oh, not for me. In my dreams, | 对我来说不是 在梦里 |
[08:48] | I’m usually running for my life from a giant praying mantis. | 我通常都在逃命 躲避一只巨大的螳螂 |
[08:52] | That’s the insect | 螳螂就是那种 |
[08:53] | where the female eats the male after mating? | 交配后雌性会把雄性吃掉的昆虫吗 |
[08:55] | It is. | 没错 |
[08:57] | I think I understand why you’re not married. | 我想我明白你为什么还没结婚了 |
[09:01] | This little piggy’s looking good. | 这只”小猪”可真美 |
[09:04] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[09:06] | – Hey. – Need any help? | -嗨 -要帮忙吗 |
[09:08] | No. | 不用 |
[09:10] | Do you want to do mine next? | 你涂完想帮我涂吗 |
[09:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:13] | Well, just seems like a thing mothers and daughters might do. | 这好像是母女之间会做的事 |
[09:17] | What’s wrong with you? | 你是哪里不对劲 |
[09:20] | Nothing. | 没有啊 |
[09:22] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[09:26] | Georgie, what you up to? | 小乔治 你在干什么 |
[09:29] | All my life, | 我这一生 |
[09:30] | I’ve wondered about life beyond the Earth. | 都想知道地球以外是否有生命 |
[09:34] | On those countless other planets that we think circle other suns, | 在我们认为绕着其他太阳转的无数行星上 |
[09:38] | is there also life? | 是否也有生命存在 |
[09:40] | Might the beings of other worlds resemble us, | 外星世界的生命跟我们类似吗 |
[09:43] | or would they be astonishingly different? | 还是跟我们截然不同 |
[09:46] | Do you believe there’s | 你相信宇宙中 |
[09:47] | intelligent life in the universe? | 有智慧生命吗 |
[09:48] | I have no doubt. | 毫不怀疑 |
[09:51] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[09:52] | The Drake Equation claims that there are at least | 德雷克公式主张仅在我们的银河系 |
[09:54] | 20 detectable civilizations in our Milky Way galaxy alone. | 就可探测出至少20种文明 |
[10:00] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[10:01] | My sister likes to say that I’m an alien. | 我姐姐喜欢说我是外星人 |
[10:04] | I’ve often been called that. | 我也常被那么叫 |
[10:07] | Once by the praying mantis in my dream. | 有一次还是被我梦里那只大螳螂 |
[10:10] | Maybe we are aliens. | 也许我们真的是外星人 |
[10:12] | Perhaps. | 有可能 |
[10:14] | Or maybe people like you and me | 又或者像你和我这样的人 |
[10:16] | were the original inhabitants of Earth, | 才是地球的原始居民 |
[10:19] | and everyone else is from outer space. | 其他人都是从外太空来的 |
[10:22] | Ooh, I like that better. | 我更喜欢这种理论 |
[10:23] | In the great dark between the stars, there also are… | 在星星之间的极致黑暗中 还有… |
[10:27] | After dinner, want to toast marshmallows | 吃完晚餐后 你想用本生灯 |
[10:29] | on a Bunsen burner? | 烤棉花糖吃吗 |
[10:30] | Good gosh, yes. | 老天 超想 |
[10:38] | Want to go out and get some ice cream? | 想出去吃冰淇淋吗 |
[10:40] | I’m watching this. | 我在看电视 |
[10:41] | Well, when it’s over. | 看完之后去呗 |
[10:44] | Not really. | 不是很想 |
[10:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:49] | Want to play Monopoly? I’ll let you be the thimble. | 想玩大富翁吗 我可以让你用顶针棋 |
[10:56] | Well, pooh to you. | 切 |
[11:01] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:02] | What about the little dog? | 给你用小狗棋呢 |
[11:03] | Nope. | 不玩 |
[11:05] | Finally, we strike the flint | 最后 我们击打打火石 |
[11:08] | while turning up the gas of the Bunsen burner. | 同时调大本生灯的煤气 |
[11:12] | I don’t say this often, but that may have been | 我不常说这话 但刚才的讲解 |
[11:14] | the perfect safety lecture. | 可能是完美的安全讲座 |
[11:16] | Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[11:17] | You’re my guest. After you. | 你是客人 你先 |
[11:22] | This is like being around a campfire, | 这很像坐在篝火旁 |
[11:24] | only I’m not miserable. | 只是我没那么狼狈不堪 |
[11:26] | Would you like me to sing a cowboy song | 你想边坐在这临时篝火旁 |
[11:28] | while we sit around our makeshift campfire? | 边听我唱牛仔歌曲吗 |
[11:31] | I would like that. | 好啊 |
[11:33] | ♪ Oh, pity the cowboy ♪ | ♪ 可怜的牛仔 ♪ |
[11:36] | ♪ All bloody and red ♪ | ♪ 全身都是鲜红血液 ♪ |
[11:39] | ♪ For the bronco fell on him ♪ | ♪ 因为野马倒在了他身上 ♪ |
[11:41] | ♪ And bashed in his head ♪ | ♪ 狠狠砸到他的脑袋 ♪ |
[11:44] | ♪ There was blood on the saddle ♪ | ♪ 马鞍上沾了血 ♪ |
[11:47] | ♪ And blood all around ♪ | ♪ 到处都是血 ♪ |
[11:50] | ♪ And a great big puddle of blood ♪ | ♪ 地上还有一呀么 ♪ |
[11:53] | ♪ On the ground. ♪ | ♪ 一大滩血 ♪ |
[12:00] | “N.” | 字母”N” |
[12:01] | And there are two “N”s. | 这词组一共有两个”N” |
[12:03] | All right. | 好 |
[12:04] | You want to go bowl a few frames? | 你想去打几局保龄球吗 |
[12:06] | Don’t you see me watching the Wheel? | 你没看见我在看《幸运之轮》吗 |
[12:09] | You can just say “No.” | 你直接说”不去”就行了 |
[12:10] | No. | 不去 |
[12:14] | Have you talked to John tonight? | 你今晚跟约翰说过话吗 |
[12:16] | – Yeah. – And? | -说过 -然后呢 |
[12:18] | He and Sheldon were watching TV without anybody yakking at ’em. | 他和谢尔顿在看电视 而且旁边没人在吵吵 |
[12:26] | I’m going home. | 我要回家了 |
[12:30] | Thanks for stopping by. | 谢谢你过来 |
[12:33] | Buy a vowel. Buy a vowel. | 买个元音 买个元音 |
[12:38] | If you like being tucked in, I’m prepared to do it. | 如果你希望我帮你掖被子 我准备好了 |
[12:42] | I practiced on a watermelon. | 我用一个西瓜练习过 |
[12:43] | That’s okay. I’m a self-tucker. | 不用了 我都是自己掖被子 |
[12:46] | Very well. Now, I’ll be in my room if you need me. | 好吧 有什么需要 我就在房间里 |
[12:50] | Here’s a glass of water | 这里有杯水 |
[12:51] | if you get thirsty. | 你渴了可以喝 |
[12:52] | And there’s fresh chalk on the blackboard | 黑板那放了新粉笔 |
[12:55] | in case of any late-night epiphanies. | 以防你深夜突然来了灵感 |
[12:56] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[12:59] | Oh, and, uh… if your meemaw asks how I did tonight, | 对了 如果你姥姥问我今晚表现如何 |
[13:04] | I hope you’ll give me a positive review. | 希望你能给我正面的评语 |
[13:06] | Three stars. | 三星 |
[13:08] | – Out of three? – Yes. | -满分三星吗 -对 |
[13:10] | Wonderful! | 太棒了 |
[13:17] | Hi. | 你好 |
[13:18] | – What do you want? – I baked you a pie. | -有什么事 -我给你烤了个派 |
[13:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:22] | Well, I was thinking we haven’t had | 我觉得我们之前的邻里关系 |
[13:23] | the best history as neighbors. | 并不太和睦 |
[13:25] | That’s ’cause we don’t like each other. | 那是因为我们讨厌对方 |
[13:28] | Right, so I thought we could sit down over a slice of rhubarb pie | 没错 所以我想着我们可以坐下一起吃大黄派 |
[13:32] | and, you know, forgive and forget. | 摒弃前嫌 |
[13:34] | I haven’t done anything that needs forgiving. | 我没做过什么需要被原谅的事 |
[13:37] | Okay, well, that sounds like something | 好吧 那听上去是我们可以坐下 |
[13:40] | we could sit down and talk about over the pie. | 边吃派边聊的话题 |
[13:43] | Mom, I’m bleeding again! | 妈妈 我又流血了 |
[13:46] | You know what, Mary? I appreciate it, | 玛丽 谢谢你的好意 |
[13:48] | but this isn’t a great time. | 但现在不是时候 |
[13:49] | Bobbi stabbed Billy in the leg with a fork. | 鲍比用叉子刺伤了比利的小腿 |
[13:51] | Good Lord. Is he okay? | 老天爷啊 他没事吧 |
[13:53] | It was a plastic fork, but it broke the skin pretty good. | 是塑料叉 但还是刮破不小的伤口 |
[13:56] | Oh, okay, I-I understand. | 好吧 我明白 |
[13:58] | How about I take that pie and give you a rain check? | 不如我先收下派 跟你改日再聚 |
[14:01] | Um, sure… | 好啊 |
[14:02] | I think there’s mustard in the fork holes! | 我被叉子戳出的洞里好像有黄芥末酱 |
[14:04] | Got to go. | 我得走了 |
[14:06] | You can keep the pan! | 烤盘你可以留着 |
[14:14] | Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[14:16] | Why are you running? | 你为什么要跑 |
[14:19] | I just want to kiss you. | 我只是想亲亲你 |
[14:23] | Oh, dear. Oh, dear. | 天啊 天啊 |
[14:31] | Dr. Sturgis? | 斯特吉斯博士 |
[14:33] | Oh, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 |
[14:35] | So nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:37] | I think you tripped and hit your head. | 你好像绊倒 并撞到头了 |
[14:39] | I’m a bit woozy. | 我是有点晕 |
[14:40] | I better test for concussion. | 我帮你测试一下有没有脑震荡 |
[14:42] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[14:43] | John Burgess Sturgis. | 约翰·伯吉斯·斯特吉斯 |
[14:45] | – Burgess Sturgis? Great name. – Thank you. | -伯吉斯·斯特吉斯 这名字真拉风 -谢谢 |
[14:48] | Who’s the president of the United States? | 现任美国总统是谁 |
[14:50] | George Herbert Walker Bush. | 乔治·赫伯特·沃克·布什 |
[14:52] | I like Burgess Sturgis better. | 我更喜欢伯吉斯·斯特吉斯 |
[14:54] | ‘Cause it rhymes, sure. | 当然啦 因为这名字押韵 |
[14:56] | Last question. What is the only fermion | 最后一个问题 唯一一个 |
[14:59] | that may not have an antiparticle? | 可能没有反粒子的费密子是哪个 |
[15:01] | The neutrino, of course. | 这还用问吗 是中微子 |
[15:02] | I’m gonna rule out concussion. | 我可以排除脑震荡的可能了 |
[15:04] | To be fair, it was an easy question. | 说句公道话 这问题很简单 |
[15:06] | True. Wait here. I’m going to go get some ice for your head | 也是 在这等着 我去拿冰块给你敷在头上 |
[15:10] | and I’ll fix you a hot beverage. | 然后再给你冲杯热饮 |
[15:12] | Oh. There’s a, there’s an Earl Grey tea bag in the sink. | 水槽里有包伯爵茶包 |
[15:16] | I think it still has some oomph in it. | 应该还能泡出点茶味 |
[15:25] | Hey, what you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[15:27] | Pretty much what it looks like. | 跟看上去的差不多 |
[15:29] | Would you like some company? | 想有人陪陪你吗 |
[15:31] | Sure, I guess. | 好啊 |
[15:33] | Of course, if you’d rather watch TV, I could leave you alone. | 当然了 如果你宁愿看电视 我就不烦你了 |
[15:35] | Oh, no, no. No, it’s a rerun. | 不不 这只是重播 |
[15:38] | But even if it weren’t… | 但就算不是重播… |
[15:50] | Hey, what… what’s wrong? | 怎… 怎么了 |
[15:51] | Nothing. Keep going. | 没什么 继续 |
[15:59] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[16:00] | George, I just miss my little boy so much, | 乔治 我很想我的宝贝儿子 |
[16:04] | and he’s never gonna come back ’cause he doesn’t need his mama. | 他永远不会回来了 因为他不需要他妈妈 |
[16:07] | Oh, baby, of course he’ll come back. | 亲爱的 他当然会回来了 |
[16:10] | No, you should’ve seen how happy he was. | 不 你该看看他有多开心 |
[16:14] | All right, well, still got Georgie and Missy. | 好吧 我们还有小乔治和米希呢 |
[16:25] | Uh, oh, dear. | 糟了 |
[16:26] | Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh, dear. | 糟了 糟了 糟了 |
[16:31] | Oh, dear. | 糟了 |
[16:34] | Dr. Sturgis, your tea is on fire! | 斯特吉斯博士 你的茶着火了 |
[16:41] | Boy, it’s a good thing we did this trial run. | 老天 幸好我们先试验了一回 |
[16:43] | No kidding. Ooh, it’s chilly out. | 可不是嘛 外面好冷 |
[17:02] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[17:03] | I don’t want to leave here ever. | 我永远不想离开这里 |
[17:06] | You’ll never have to. | 你永远不必离开 |
[17:08] | What were you thinking letting me take care of a child? | 你当时在想什么 居然让我照顾一个孩子 |
[17:11] | I won’t make that mistake again. | 我不会再犯同样的错误了 |
[17:13] | Do I look like Mary Poppins? | 我看起来像仙女保姆吗 |
[17:16] | As smart as I am, I tried to put out a fire | 虽然我那么聪明 但我当时却用 |
[17:19] | with oxygen and paper. | 氧气和纸来灭火 |
[17:21] | It’s ok. No one got hurt. | 没关系 没人受伤 |
[17:25] | I may actually have had a concussion. | 我可能真的有脑震荡 |
[17:28] | What are your symptoms? | 你有什么症状 |
[17:29] | It feels like there’s | 我觉得自己 |
[17:31] | hair on my head. | 脑袋上有头发 |
[17:40] | Hey. He okay? | 他没事吧 |
[17:42] | Yeah, he’s fine. | 他很好 |
[17:44] | How are you doing? | 你感觉如何 |
[17:46] | Much better. | 好多了 |
[17:51] | You know, I’ve just been sitting here thinking | 我刚才坐在这里想 |
[17:53] | I’ve drove an hour both ways to bring the two of them back. | 我来回各开了一个小时车去把他俩载回来呢 |
[17:57] | Pretty damn decent of me. | 我人可真好啊 |
[18:02] | Come in. | 过来 |