时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Living in a small Texas town, | 住在德州的小镇 |
[00:04] | a few things are guaranteed: | 有一件事是一定会有的 |
[00:06] | someone nearby will have chickens… | 比如一定会有养鸡的邻居 |
[00:08] | – George… – Yeah? | -乔治 -怎么了 |
[00:10] | Go shoot those chickens. | 去把那些鸡给射爆了 |
[00:11] | Everyone will know your business. | 大家都会知道你的私事 |
[00:14] | You sure you want to eat that? | 你确定你要吃那个吗 |
[00:16] | Why not? | 为什么不吃 |
[00:17] | I heard your triglycerides are through the roof. | 我听说你的甘油三酯高到破表啊 |
[00:20] | Who told you that? | 谁跟你说的 |
[00:21] | My brother plays poker with your doctor. | 我兄弟跟你的医生是牌友 |
[00:28] | But on the brighter side, in a small Texas town, | 但住在德州小镇也有好处 |
[00:31] | people take care of each other. | 人们会互相照顾 |
[00:33] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[00:38] | You know that Veronica Duncan girl? | 你记得那个维罗妮卡·邓肯女孩吧 |
[00:41] | – The one that Georgie likes? – Yeah. | -小乔治喜欢的那个女孩吗 是的 |
[00:43] | I was thinking about having her stay here for a couple days. | 我在考虑让她来我们家住几天 |
[00:47] | – Is it Georgie’s birthday or something? – No. | -小乔治要生日吗 这么大礼 -不是啦 |
[00:50] | She’s just having a rough time at home. | 她在家里挺惨的 |
[00:53] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[00:54] | Her mother’s boyfriend has a drinking problem, | 她妈妈的男朋友酗酒 |
[00:57] | and… things have been getting out of hand. | 最近情况越来越失控了 |
[01:00] | You waited till I had a beer to tell me this story, didn’t you? | 你是故意等到我拿着啤酒才开始说的对吧 |
[01:03] | You always have a beer. | 你什么时候手边没酒了 |
[01:07] | So good news. | 好消息 |
[01:08] | We’re gonna have a houseguest for a couple days. | 我们家有客人要来住几天 |
[01:11] | Oh, not Aunt Ruth. | 别又是露丝婶婶 |
[01:12] | Her beard is very scratchy. | 她的胡子很刺人 |
[01:14] | My sister doesn’t have a beard. | 我妹妹才没有胡子 |
[01:15] | Did she shave it? | 她剃掉了吗 |
[01:16] | It’s not Aunt Ruth! | 不是露丝婶婶 |
[01:18] | It’s Veronica Duncan. | 是维罗妮卡·邓肯 |
[01:21] | And while she’s here, | 她来家里做客期间 |
[01:22] | I expect y’all to be on your best behavior. | 我希望你们都有最好的表现 |
[01:26] | Why are you looking at me? | 你为什么要看着我 |
[01:27] | Was I? | 我有吗 |
[01:29] | Yeah, and you still are. | 有啊 现在还在看 |
[01:31] | Where is she going to sleep? | 那她要睡哪里啊 |
[01:32] | She can have my room. I’m fine on the couch. | 她可以睡我房间 我不介意去睡沙发 |
[01:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:35] | Why is she staying with us? | 她为什么要来跟我们住 |
[01:37] | Because she needs to be out of her house for a few days. | 因为她需要离开家里几天 |
[01:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:42] | Because her family is dealing with | 因为她的家人在处理一些 |
[01:44] | some personal business. | 家庭上的私事 |
[01:46] | – What personal business? – Well… | -什么样的私事啊 -这个嘛… |
[01:48] | I heard her mama’s boyfriend is a drunk. | 我听说她妈妈的男朋友是个酒鬼 |
[01:51] | Where did you hear that? | 你从哪听说的 |
[01:52] | Mom told you outside and I heard it. | 妈在外面跟你说的时候我听见了 |
[01:55] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:58] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:00] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:03] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:06] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:21] | Let’s sweat! | 来流汗吧 |
[02:23] | I plan on it, Richard. | 正有此意 理查德 |
[02:33] | Hello? | 哈喽 |
[02:34] | Did you know that word “Hello” wasn’t used as a greeting | 你知道”哈喽”这个词是直到电话发明后 |
[02:37] | – until the invention of the telephone? – Hi, John. | -才被用来当问候语的吗 -你好 约翰 |
[02:39] | To end a phone call, | 而要结束电话 |
[02:41] | it was suggested to say, “That is all.” | 最初的建议是说”就这些了” |
[02:45] | Is that all, John? | 就这些吗 约翰 |
[02:47] | No, I wanted to invite you to dinner tomorrow night. | 没 我是想邀请你明晚共进晚餐 |
[02:50] | Great. Where we going? | 很好 我们去哪吃 |
[02:51] | I can’t tell you that. It’s a surprise. | 我不能告诉你 是惊喜 |
[02:53] | You want to give me a clue so I’ll know how to dress? | 那你要给我个提示 我好知道怎么打扮吗 |
[02:56] | Well, dress as if you were going to a Mexican restaurant. | 就打扮得像是要去墨西哥餐厅就行了 |
[02:59] | Oh, we’re going to Puerta Roja. | 我们要去红门[西语]餐厅啊 |
[03:00] | I can’t tell you that, it would ruin the surprise. | 我不能告诉你 会破坏惊喜 |
[03:04] | John, you do realize that I’ll be the one driving us there. | 约翰 你知道会是我负责开车的吧 |
[03:07] | Fine, we’re going to Puerta Roja, but everything else | 行 是要去那里没错 但其他的细节 |
[03:11] | is a surprise. | 都会是惊喜 |
[03:13] | That is all! | 就这些了 |
[03:19] | One more time! Come on! | 再来一次 来吧 |
[03:40] | Sorry, Axl. You’ll be back. | 抱歉了 埃克索尔 之后再挂回来 |
[03:50] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[03:51] | Documenting. This may never happen again. | 拍照记录 可能今生再也见不到了 |
[04:17] | What’s in there? | 里面是什么 |
[04:18] | – Don’t open it. – But what’s in there? | -别打开 -但里面是什么啊 |
[04:21] | Don’t open it. | 别打开 |
[04:28] | Are you wearing cologne? | 你擦了古龙水吗 |
[04:30] | No. | 没 |
[04:31] | Georgie, I have the olfactory senses of a polar bear. | 小乔治 我的嗅觉堪比北极熊 |
[04:34] | They can smell a seal through three feet of ice. | 它们能闻到一米厚坚冰下的海豹气味 |
[04:37] | Mind your business. | 少管闲事 |
[04:39] | He’s exhibiting Zahavian signaling theory. | 他在演示信号理论 |
[04:42] | – Is that from Star Trek? – No, biology. | -这是《星际迷航》的东西吗 -是生物学 |
[04:45] | He’s trying to communicate his more desirable qualities | 他在展示出他值得人喜爱的优点 |
[04:47] | in order to attract Veronica. | 来获取维罗妮卡的选择 |
[04:49] | Too bad he doesn’t have any desirable qualities. | 可惜他没有任何值得人喜爱的优点 |
[04:55] | Be the Danza. Be the Danza. | 像电视里的丹扎一样帅 像他 |
[04:57] | – Be the Danza. – What a doofus. | -像丹扎一样 -真是个二货 |
[05:01] | Hey, there. | 你来啦 |
[05:02] | Thank you for having me, Mrs. Cooper. | 谢谢你收留我 库珀太太 |
[05:05] | – Hey, Veronica. Let me take your bag. – Hi | -维罗妮卡 我来帮你提包 -你好啊 |
[05:08] | – Are you wearing Old Spice? – Don’t worry about it. | -你擦了古龙水吗 -别担心 |
[05:10] | Here, let me show you around. | 来 我给你介绍一下 |
[05:12] | Oh. O-Okay. | 好 |
[05:13] | Of course you remember the living room, | 你肯定还记得我家客厅吧 |
[05:15] | where we have our prayer group. | 祷告小组活动就是在这里进行的 |
[05:17] | Oh, my Lord… | 我的老天啊 |
[05:19] | And this is the dining room. That’s where we’ll dine. | 这里是饭厅 我们就在这里吃饭 |
[05:23] | But in the mornings, we dine in the kitchen. | 但早上的时候 我们会在厨房吃 |
[05:26] | Of course, if you’d like a snack, | 当然啦 如果你想吃零食 |
[05:27] | that’d be in the refrigerator or the pantry. | 零食会在冰箱里或者在食物柜里 |
[05:29] | – You know, where your snack foods would be. – Sure. | -你懂的 就是正常储存零食的地方 -没问题 |
[05:32] | Washer, dryer. | 洗衣机 烘干机 |
[05:33] | Plus, we got those little sheets that smell nice | 而且我们家还有那种洗衣片 气味芬芳 |
[05:36] | and fight static cling. | 还能够减少静电 |
[05:41] | – And here’s our entertainment room. – Hey, guys. | -这里是我们的客厅 -你们好啊 |
[05:43] | – Hi. – Hello. | -你好 -你好啊 |
[05:44] | We don’t have cable, but we do have | 我们家没有有线电视 不过也能看到 |
[05:46] | all three major broadcast networks. | 三大广播电视台呢 |
[05:56] | Here’s the bathroom, for hygiene and whatnot. | 这里是卫生间 你搞卫生之类的地方 |
[06:00] | And… here’s where you’ll be sleeping. | 还有… 这里就是你睡觉的地方 |
[06:04] | – Did I take your room? – Yes, | -我是不是占了你房间 -是啦 |
[06:07] | but I’ll be on the couch. | 不过我睡沙发上 |
[06:08] | Which is right near the TV and the kitchen, | 那里靠近电视又靠近厨房 |
[06:09] | so I’m peachy. | 所以我也挺滋润 |
[06:16] | Hello. I’m John Sturgis. | 你好 我叫约翰·斯特吉斯 |
[06:18] | We have a reservation. | 我们订了位 |
[06:20] | Follow me. | 请跟我来 |
[06:25] | Was a reservation really necessary? | 你看这里像是需要订位吗 |
[06:27] | I didn’t want to take any chances. | 我不想冒任何风险嘛 |
[06:30] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 不行不行不行 |
[06:31] | I sit in that seat. | 你坐那张椅子 |
[06:33] | You sit here. | 我坐这张 |
[06:34] | Oh, uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[06:41] | What’s going on? | 到底是怎么一回事 |
[06:42] | Don’t you remember? | 你不记得吗 |
[06:43] | John, I don’t even remember where I just parked. | 约翰 我连我刚才车停哪里都要记不住了 |
[06:45] | I’m recreating our first date! | 我是在重演我们的初次约会 |
[06:48] | The same restaurant, the same table, | 同样的餐厅 同样的桌子 |
[06:51] | the same jacket. | 同样的外套 |
[06:52] | Different eyelashes, though, because | 不同眼睫毛 因为呢 |
[06:54] | they regenerate every two to three months. | 它们每两三个月就会长一批新的 |
[06:56] | Mine are the same, actually. | 我的就会一样 |
[06:58] | They’re fake. | 因为是假睫毛 |
[07:02] | I wanted this night to be special | 我希望今晚能很特别 |
[07:05] | because it’s the one-year anniversary of that date. | 因为这是我们初次约会的一年纪念日 |
[07:09] | Is that a thing that people our age celebrate? | 我们这年纪的人还有在庆祝那个的吗 |
[07:11] | No idea. I’ve never been this age before. | 不知道 我还没有这个年纪过 |
[07:14] | And I’ve never dated anyone for a whole year. | 而且我有一年没跟别人约会了 |
[07:18] | Well… | 好啦 |
[07:20] | Happy anniversary. | 纪念日快乐 |
[07:31] | Sorry for the mess. | 抱歉房间那么乱 |
[07:33] | I emptied out this drawer so you can put your stuff away. | 我清空了这个抽屉来让你放东西 |
[07:37] | Where are your clothes? | 那你本来的衣服呢 |
[07:38] | I threw most of them out. | 我把大多数都丢了 |
[07:39] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你不需要这么做的 |
[07:41] | It’s okay. They were old and full of holes. | 没事啦 反正它们又旧又一堆洞 |
[07:43] | And it worked out great. | 丢了也挺好的 |
[07:44] | I found some firecrackers and a bag full of my baby teeth. | 我因此找到了一些鞭炮 跟一袋我的乳牙 |
[07:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:49] | Oh. I also hung a cross over the bed for you. | 我还在你的床头帮你挂了十字架 |
[07:52] | It’s just Popsicle sticks and glitter. I glued it together | 是我用冰棒棍与亮粉当材料 |
[07:54] | in Sunday school when I was a kid. | 小时候在主日学校时粘的啦 |
[07:57] | Is-is it too much? I can take it down. | 会太过头吗 我可以帮你拿下来 |
[08:01] | No, it’s… | 没 太… |
[08:03] | it’s really sweet. | 太太贴心了 |
[08:09] | Why are you crying? | 你怎么哭了 |
[08:10] | Did Georgie bring up your unfortunate home life? | 小乔治提起了你不愉快的家庭生活吗 |
[08:13] | Uh, no. | 没有 |
[08:14] | Good. My mom said not to, | 那就好 我妈妈说别提 |
[08:16] | so that you would be comfortable. | 这样你会感到舒服一点 |
[08:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:21] | Are you comfortable? | 你舒服吗 |
[08:25] | And I remember how cute you looked | 我还记得你当时看起来有多可爱 |
[08:27] | in your little pearl snap shirt with your bolo tie. | 你的珍珠色衬衫与饰扣式领带 |
[08:31] | Well, I’d say it wasn’t my first rodeo, but it was. | 我想说那也不是我第一次了 但真是我第一次 |
[08:38] | Thank you for a wonderful year. | 谢谢你带给我这美好的一年 |
[08:40] | – To many more. – To many more. | -敬未来无数年 -敬无数年 |
[08:46] | Which leads me to the final surprise of the evening. | 接下来到了我今晚最后的惊喜 |
[08:53] | – What are you doing? – Hang on, I don’t want to spoil the surprise. | -你在干什么 -等等 我不想破坏惊喜 |
[08:56] | Getting down on one knee, it makes it pretty damn clear. | 你都单膝下跪了 还挺好猜的 |
[09:00] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[09:10] | Connie, will you do me the honor of being my wife? | 康妮 你愿意当我的妻子吗 |
[09:16] | Oh, John, I don’t know. | 约翰 我也不知道了 |
[09:19] | – How can you not know? – It’s a binary decision. | -你怎么能不知道 -答案只有要或不要 |
[09:21] | It’s more complicated th-than that. | 比那复杂多了好吗 |
[09:24] | – I don’t see why. – We’re compatible. | -我不懂为什么啊 -我们很合 |
[09:26] | I know. We enjoy each other’s company. | 我知道 我们也很享受对方的陪伴 |
[09:28] | – I know. – And we’ve become extremely proficient in the bedroom. | -我知道 -而且我们的房事也十分愉悦 |
[09:32] | There’s very little wasted effort. | 不费吹灰之力就能”宾主尽欢” |
[09:34] | John, sit back down | 约翰 给我坐下 |
[09:36] | and lower your voice. | 然后你小声点 |
[09:38] | Little help? | 帮个忙吧 |
[09:39] | – Down is easier than up. – Sure. | -下去比上来容易多了 -行 |
[09:44] | Thank you, God, for this food we’re about to receive, | 感谢主 赐予我们桌上的食物 |
[09:47] | and for the nourishment of our bodies, | 为我们的身体提供营养 |
[09:48] | and bless the hands that prepared it. | 也保佑准备这餐点的人 |
[09:50] | And an extra special thank-you for allowing us | 今天还要额外谢谢您 |
[09:53] | to share our home with our friend Veronica. | 让我们能分享家给朋友维罗妮卡 |
[09:56] | – Amen. – Oh, yeah. | -阿门 -是的 |
[09:58] | That’s a big amen on that one. | 最后这件事要来个大大的阿门 |
[10:00] | All right, everybody, dig in. | 好啦 大家快开动吧 |
[10:02] | Would you like a dinner roll? | 你要餐包吗 |
[10:03] | Mmm. Sure. | 好 |
[10:05] | I find it really rounds out the meal. | 我觉得它十分配我们的晚餐 |
[10:09] | – Mom? – Yes, honey? | -妈 -怎么啦 宝贝 |
[10:10] | Do I have to sit downwind of Georgie’s cologne? | 我一定得坐在小乔治香水的下风处吗 |
[10:14] | So, Veronica, I understand that you’re a junior? | 维罗妮卡 所以你是11年级吗 |
[10:17] | Mm. Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[10:18] | Do you have any plans for after high school? | 你对高中毕业后有什么计划了吗 |
[10:20] | I’m hoping for a scholarship to Baylor | 我希望能得到奖学金 |
[10:23] | so I can get a teaching degree. | 去我们德州的贝勒大学攻读教育学位 |
[10:25] | I like kids. | 我喜欢小孩子 |
[10:27] | Really? Kids? Ugh. | 真的假的 孩子吗 |
[10:29] | You’re so tall and pretty, you should be Vanna White. | 你又高又漂亮 你应该当范纳·怀特[女星] |
[10:32] | How can she be Vanna White? | 她怎么能成为范纳·怀特 |
[10:34] | Vanna White is Vanna White. | 范纳·怀特就是范纳·怀特[白色] |
[10:35] | Fine. She can be Vanna Blue. | 好 她可以成为范纳·布卢[蓝色] |
[10:37] | See? This is the kind of nonsense you have | 瞧 身边全是孩子时 |
[10:39] | to deal with when you’re around kids. | 你就得听到这些胡言乱语 |
[10:41] | He does have a point. | 他说得对 |
[10:43] | No. I-I love this. | 不 我喜欢这样 |
[10:45] | We never eat dinner together at my house. | 我们家从来没有一起吃晚饭 |
[10:48] | You eat alone? | 你一个人吃饭吗 |
[10:50] | Mostly. Yeah. | 大多数时候是的 |
[10:53] | Lucky duck. | 真幸运 |
[10:59] | John… | 约翰 |
[11:00] | I’ve already been married once. | 我已经结过一次婚了 |
[11:01] | I wasn’t really planning on ever doing it again. | 我真的没打算再结一次 |
[11:04] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[11:06] | I was somebody’s wife for a long time. | 我做别人老婆做了很长时间 |
[11:09] | I just like being… Connie Tucker now. | 我现在只想做康妮·塔克 |
[11:13] | Not Mrs…. | 不是某太太 |
[11:15] | somebody else’s name. | 跟老公的姓 |
[11:17] | Well, what if I took your name? | 如果我跟你姓呢 |
[11:19] | John Tucker, it sounds great. | 约翰·塔克 听起来不错 |
[11:22] | Like a football player or an astronaut. | 像橄榄球员或是太空人 |
[11:25] | You’re missing the point. | 你没听明白 |
[11:26] | I just think it’s important for people to know | 我觉得让大家知道我们是一对 |
[11:29] | that we’re an official couple. | 这很重要 |
[11:30] | We don’t have to be married for that. | 不用结婚也可以的 |
[11:32] | Buy a billboard, take an ad out in the paper. | 在广告牌 报纸上发广告 |
[11:37] | I understand. Thank you. | 我懂了 谢谢你 |
[11:43] | Are we good? | 我们没事吧 |
[11:44] | Yes. | 没事 |
[11:48] | But if I should pre-decease you… | 但如果我比你先去世了 |
[11:52] | I want you to have the ring. | 戒指归你 |
[11:54] | – Fine. – It’ll be in the… | -好 -戒指会放在 |
[11:56] | top right corner of my dresser drawer. | 梳妆台抽屉的右上角 |
[12:00] | – Got it. – Under my tube socks. | -知道了 -在我的筒袜下面 |
[12:10] | Veronica. Veronica. | 维罗妮卡 维罗妮卡 |
[12:13] | Come in. | 进来 |
[12:15] | Hey, Sheldon, what’s up? | 谢尔顿 有什么事 |
[12:16] | I printed out my bathroom schedule. | 我打印出了我使用卫生间的时间表 |
[12:18] | I can’t speak for anyone else in this family, | 我不能代表我的家人发言 |
[12:20] | but you can count on it being occupied | 但在这些时间里 |
[12:22] | during these times. | 浴室肯定有人 |
[12:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:25] | This is very helpful. | 非常有用 |
[12:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:32] | Is there anything else? | 还有事吗 |
[12:34] | There is, but… I’m not allowed to ask about it. | 有 但我不准问 |
[12:37] | Oh, it’s okay. You can ask me anything. | 没事 你什么都能问 |
[12:39] | Oh, good. I don’t like cats, | 很好 我不喜欢猫 |
[12:41] | but I share their curious nature. | 但我和它们一样有好奇的天性 |
[12:44] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[12:45] | Your mom has a boyfriend. | 你妈妈有男友吗 |
[12:48] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:49] | Where is your father? | 你的父亲呢 |
[12:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:53] | Why do you not know? | 你为什么不知道 |
[12:54] | Well, he left when I was really young | 我很小的时候他就离开了 |
[12:56] | and I never heard from him again. | 我再也没有他的消息 |
[12:58] | And why are you staying here? | 你为什么住在这里 |
[13:01] | My mom’s boyfriend isn’t very nice. | 我妈妈的男友不太好 |
[13:03] | I understand. My sister isn’t very nice. | 我明白 我姐姐也不太好 |
[13:07] | So you get it? | 所以你明白 |
[13:08] | I do, thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[13:10] | Okay, well, talk to you later. | 好的 回头再聊 |
[13:12] | But not between 7:00 and 7:12. | 7点到7点12分之间不行 |
[13:14] | Yup, I see it right here. | 对 我看到了 |
[13:27] | So… how about | 不如… |
[13:28] | I make us a pot of tea and we’ll get cozy? | 我煮一壶茶 我们放松一下 |
[13:31] | Sure, sounds good. | 好 很好 |
[13:33] | Just make yourself comfy, I-I’ll be right back. | 自己随意 我马上回来 |
[13:39] | Mint tea? | 薄荷茶行吗 |
[13:41] | Or would you like to go crazy and have a little hibiscus? | 还是你想疯狂一下 放点木槿 |
[13:54] | Ah, damn it. | 靠 |
[14:00] | Hey, can I join you? | 我可以一起看吗 |
[14:02] | Sure. | 当然 |
[14:04] | What you watching? | 你在看什么 |
[14:05] | Charles in Charge. | 《查尔斯当家》 |
[14:07] | It’s kind of like Who’s the Boss? But with Chachi. | 有点像《谁是老板》 但里面有恰奇 |
[14:10] | They should have called it Chachi in Charge. | 应该叫《恰奇当家》 |
[14:13] | Cha-Chi in Charge. | 恰奇当家 |
[14:15] | That’s three cha’s. I like it. | 有三个CHA的音 我喜欢 |
[14:19] | Georgie, you’re so funny. | 小乔治 你真搞笑 |
[14:22] | Really? | 真的 |
[14:23] | Not everybody gets me. | 不是所有人都懂我 |
[14:25] | I get you. | 我懂你 |
[14:43] | Oh, Mom. If you’re sleeping with the man, | 妈 如果你和这个男人上床 |
[14:45] | you should be married to him. | 你应该嫁给他 |
[14:47] | Why do I come here? | 我为什么来这里 |
[14:48] | I got to find a cooler chick to talk to. | 我得找个更酷的妹子谈这个问题 |
[14:51] | You know I’m right. | 你知道我是对的 |
[14:53] | I know no such thing. | 我不认为是这样 |
[14:54] | It’s my life, I don’t have to do anything | 这是我的人生 我不必因为我应该去做 |
[14:56] | ’cause I’m “supposed to.” | 而去做任何事 |
[14:57] | I do it because I want to, and right now, | 我去做是因为我想那样做 现在 |
[14:59] | I don’t want to, end of story. | 我不想结婚 就是这样 |
[15:01] | – Good morning. – Can I get you some breakfast, honey? | -早上好 -要我给你做早餐吗 亲爱的 |
[15:03] | Yes, please. | 好 谢谢 |
[15:05] | How was your anniversary date with Dr. Sturgis? | 你和斯特吉斯博士的周年约会怎么样 |
[15:08] | You knew about that? | 你知道吗 |
[15:09] | – Yes. – So you knew he was gonna propose? | -是的 -所以你知道他打算求婚吗 |
[15:12] | – Propose? – No, that’s wonderful. | -求婚 -不知道啊 那太好了 |
[15:14] | Although, it’s a little disconcerting he didn’t tell me. | 不过他没告诉我 有点令人不安 |
[15:17] | I thought we were closer than that. | 我以为我们关系好到他会说 |
[15:19] | Well, we’re not getting married any time soon. | 我们短期之内是不会结婚的 |
[15:21] | You should. You’re old; you don’t have many years left. | 你应该结 你老了 没剩下多少年了 |
[15:24] | I really need to meet a whole new group of people. | 我真的需要重新认识一帮人了 |
[15:31] | Hey, what you doin’? | 你做什么呢 |
[15:33] | Helping your mom with laundry. | 帮忙你妈妈洗衣服 |
[15:35] | Oh, yeah. That’s usually my job. | 是 这通常是我的工作 |
[15:42] | Uh, maybe when you’re done, we can go down to the mall and hang out. | 也许你做完后 我们可以去商场一起玩 |
[15:46] | Oh, I promised your sister I’d take her out for some girl time. | 我答应你妹妹要带她出去享受女生时光 |
[15:50] | Maybe I can come along. | 也许我能一起去 |
[15:52] | Then it wouldn’t be girl time. | 那就不是女生时光了 |
[15:54] | No, not entirely, but it would be mostly. | 不全算 但大部分是 |
[15:57] | Take a hint, dummy. | 听懂暗示 笨蛋 |
[16:10] | Greetings. | 你好 |
[16:12] | You’ve reached Dr. John Sturgis. | 你已拨通约翰·斯特吉斯博士的电话 |
[16:14] | Leave a message and I’ll be in touch. | 留下口信 我会联系你 |
[16:17] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[16:18] | Hey, that rhymed. | 居然押韵 |
[16:21] | John, I know you’re there, pick up. | 约翰 我知道你在 接电话 |
[16:27] | If you don’t pick up, I’m gonna get really mad. | 如果你不接电话 我会很生气 |
[16:34] | I’m getting really mad. | 我很生气了 |
[16:40] | Call me back. | 回我电话 |
[17:00] | Sorry, I know this isn’t the most fun thing in the world. | 抱歉 我知道这不是全世界最好玩的事 |
[17:04] | I was happy just riding | 能坐在副驾驶位 |
[17:05] | in the front seat of your car. | 我就很开心了 |
[17:11] | You probably hear this a lot, | 你可能听过很多人这样说 |
[17:12] | but you’re, like, princess pretty. | 你美得像公主 |
[17:14] | Oh. I don’t know about that. | 我不知道 |
[17:16] | But you are definitely princess material. | 但你绝对有做公主的条件 |
[17:19] | Well, until I’m allowed to wear makeup, | 在我能化妆之前 |
[17:20] | this is as hot as I get. | 这就是我最漂亮的样子了 |
[17:23] | You don’t need makeup. | 你不需要化妆 |
[17:24] | I hope you’re right. Mom says I have to wait till I’m 16. | 希望你是对的 妈妈说我必须等到16岁 |
[17:27] | That’ll get here sooner than you think. | 那一天的到来会比你想象中更快 |
[17:30] | Sure doesn’t feel like it. | 感觉不是 |
[17:34] | Don’t be in a rush. | 别着急 |
[17:36] | Honestly… | 说真的 |
[17:37] | – I’d rather be your age again. – Really? | -我宁愿像你这么大 -真的吗 |
[17:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:41] | Being a grown-up is, uh… | 做成年人 |
[17:44] | complicated. | 很复杂 |
[17:45] | Maybe, if we make a wish at the same time | 也许如果我们同时许愿 |
[17:48] | we could switch places. | 我们能互换身体 |
[17:50] | – You think? – It’s worth a try. | -你觉得可以吗 -值得一试 |
[17:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:54] | What do we need to do? | 我们要怎么做 |
[17:56] | We close our eyes and at the exact same time say, | 我们闭上眼睛一起说 |
[17:58] | “I wish I could switch places.” | “我希望可以交换身体” |
[18:01] | Ready? | 准备 |
[18:02] | One… two… three. | 一 二 三 |
[18:05] | – I wish I could switch places. -I wish I could switch places. | -我希望可以交换身体 -我希望可以交换身体 |
[18:13] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[18:14] | I’m still here. You? | 我还是我 你呢 |
[18:17] | – Same. – That’s too bad. | -一样 -太遗憾了 |
[18:19] | I really wanted to drive home. | 我很想开车回家呢 |
[18:22] | – Can I anyway? – Sure. | -我能开吗 -好 |
[18:24] | – Really? – No. | -真的吗 -不行 |
[18:30] | Please, can we keep her? | 求你了 我们能留下她吗 |
[18:31] | No, we cannot keep her. | 不 我们不能留下她 |
[18:33] | We don’t have a dog ’cause of Sheldon, | 因为谢尔顿我们不能养狗 |
[18:35] | why can’t I have Veronica? | 我为什么不能留下维罗妮卡 |
[18:36] | I’m not participating in this conversation. | 我才不要跟你聊这件事 |
[18:39] | We could give Sheldon to Veronica’s mom. | 我们可以把谢尔顿给维罗妮卡的妈妈 |
[18:41] | Like a trade. | 交换一下 |
[18:42] | I’ll get it, Mrs. Cooper. | 我去开门 库珀太太 |
[18:43] | Look how helpful she is. Come on! | 看她多能帮上忙 拜托 |
[18:46] | Out. | 走开 |
[18:51] | What do you want? | 你想做什么 |
[18:52] | Grab your stuff, your mama wants you home. | 收拾东西 你妈要你回家 |
[18:55] | Yeah, well, when she wants me to come home, | 她要我回家时 |
[18:58] | she can call me. | 她可以打电话 |
[18:59] | Damn it, Veronica. | 靠 维罗妮卡 |
[19:01] | I’m in no mood. | 我可没这心情陪你闹 |
[19:03] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[19:04] | I’m taking her home. | 我来接她回家 |
[19:05] | She’s not going anywhere with you. | 她不会跟你走的 |
[19:09] | – What’d you say? – Clint, stop. | -你说什么 -克林特 住手 |
[19:11] | You mind putting down my kid? | 你能放开我的孩子吗 |
[19:15] | We were just playing around. | 我们只是闹着玩 |
[19:17] | This is my mom’s boyfriend, Clint. | 这是我妈妈的男友 克林特 |
[19:21] | Hello, Clint. What can we do for you? | 你好 克林特 有什么能效劳 |
[19:23] | I’m here to pick up Veronica. | 我来接维罗妮卡 |
[19:25] | Come on. | 快点 |
[19:27] | You want to go with this man? | 你想和这个男人走吗 |
[19:30] | No, sir. | 不想 先生 |
[19:32] | You heard her. | 你听到了 |
[19:34] | Thanks for stopping by. | 谢谢你来 |
[19:37] | You really want to mess with me? | 你真的想和我作对 |
[19:40] | Sure. | 当然 |
[19:41] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[19:44] | What’s going on out there? | 外面出什么事了 |
[19:46] | – You might want to call the police. – Why? | -你最好报警 -为什么 |
[19:49] | There’s a bum sleeping on our front porch. | 有个流浪汉在我们家门廊上睡着了 |
[20:06] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[20:07] | Connie Tucker is proud to annouce | 康妮·塔克骄傲地宣布 |
[20:10] | that she is sweet on Dr john strugis | 她爱上了约翰·斯特吉斯博士 |
[20:13] | and they are officially a romantic couple. | 他们正式在谈恋爱 |
[20:17] | Oh boy. | 天啊 |
[20:20] | I’m back in business. | 我重返情场了 |