时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Hello? | 你们好吗 |
[00:15] | – Hello, Mom. – Hi. | -你回来啦 妈妈 -你好啊 |
[00:17] | I bet you’re wondering. | 我想你在猜他们在干嘛 |
[00:18] | I sure am. | 那当然 |
[00:19] | It’s a shortwave radio. | 这是短波无线电 |
[00:20] | Dr. Sturgis is letting me use it. | 斯特吉斯博士借我使用它 |
[00:22] | It picks up broadcasts from around the world. | 它能接收全球范围的广播信号 |
[00:25] | Listen. | 听 |
[00:26] | This is the time being announced every minute from Ottawa. | 这是来自加拿大渥太华的每分钟报时台 |
[00:30] | At the sound of the tone, the local time in Ottawa will be 5:13. | 在嘟声后 渥太华本地时间将是5点13 |
[00:34] | Spellbinding, ain’t it? | 很引人入胜吧 |
[00:36] | And you thought this was okay to go on in my house? | 而你觉得在我家做这个是可以的 |
[00:39] | It was that or my house, so here we are. | 不是在你家就是在我家 所以就是这样了 |
[00:41] | Wednesday morning, the Nobel Prize winners are going | 周三早上 诺贝尔奖得主 |
[00:44] | to be announced in Sweden, and we’ll hear it as it’s happening. | 将会在瑞典被宣布 我们可以及时听到呢 |
[00:46] | Well, 2.8 milliseconds later. | 应该是2.8毫秒之后 |
[00:49] | Sure, because of the propagation. | 当然 因为有传播延迟 |
[00:51] | And what’s this? Some kind of antenna? | 那这是什么 天线之类的吗 |
[00:53] | Yes. It needs to go up on the roof. | 是的 这得弄上屋顶 |
[00:56] | You’re not going on the roof. | 你不许上屋顶 |
[00:57] | Of course he’s not. I am. | 当然不会让他上 是我上 |
[01:00] | You’re not going, either. | 你也别想上去 |
[01:01] | Excuse me, I have six years of tai chi under my belt. | 不好意思 我可是有6年的太极经验 |
[01:06] | I have the balance of a jungle cat. | 我的平衡感跟丛林猫差不多 |
[01:08] | You doing some kind of slow-motion hula dance | 你在公园里做的那些慢版呼拉舞 |
[01:12] | in the park is not gonna change my mind. | 是不可能改变我想法的 |
[01:14] | I do much more than just this. | 我做的可比这个深远多了 |
[01:19] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[01:22] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[01:25] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[01:28] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:31] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[01:42] | So you want me to put that thing on that roof? | 所以你要我把那个放上屋顶吗 |
[01:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:46] | So you can hear who won a science prize? | 好让你听到谁赢了个科学奖吗 |
[01:48] | The Nobel Prize. | 是诺贝尔奖 |
[01:50] | Why can’t you read who won in the newspaper? | 你为什么不能从报纸上读是谁赢了呢 |
[01:52] | I could say the same thing about the Super Bowl, | 我也可以这么说你的超级碗啊 |
[01:54] | but you still watch it. | 但你还不是要看直播 |
[01:55] | He got you there. | 他辩倒你啦 |
[01:57] | The Super Bowl is football. | 超级碗是橄榄球 |
[01:59] | Your thing is… I don’t even know what your thing is. | 你那玩意… 我都不知道你那玩意是什么 |
[02:06] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑考虑 |
[02:08] | When I win one, I might just thank you in my speech. | 等我哪天赢了 我可能会在演讲中谢谢你啊 |
[02:14] | The things I do for you. | 我为你做的牺牲啊 |
[02:20] | Georgie, get out here! | 小乔治 出来 |
[02:21] | Got a chore for you! | 有件家事让你做 |
[02:23] | Good call. You have no business up there. | 这决定好 上面不是你该爬去的地方 |
[02:32] | Radio Sweden International. | 瑞典国际电台 |
[02:35] | There it is. | 找到啦 |
[02:36] | Excellent. Which scientists are you rooting for? | 太棒了 你今年支持哪个科学家 |
[02:39] | Oh, I don’t have a favorite. | 我没有偏好 |
[02:40] | There’s so much good work being done. | 大家都做出了伟大的杰作 |
[02:43] | I think it’s time Frederick Reines | 我觉得是时候让弗雷德里克·莱因斯 |
[02:45] | finally gets his due for the neutrino. | 以他在中微子领域的贡献得奖了 |
[02:47] | I suppose he has a shot. | 我想他应该是有希望的 |
[02:49] | I should think so, he confirmed the neutrino’s existence | 我想应该是的 他可是在35年前 |
[02:52] | 35 years ago. | 就确证了中微子的存在 |
[02:53] | What the heck are they waiting for? | 他们等什么呢 |
[02:56] | Lots of talented people don’t get recognized. | 很多有才之人都没有获得承认 |
[03:07] | You know if we had cable, we’d have, like, 60 channels? | 你知道如果装了有线电视 我们能有大概60个频道选吗 |
[03:09] | We have plenty of channels. | 我们家的频道很多了 |
[03:11] | We have seven. | 我们只有7个频道 |
[03:12] | Hey! There are starving kids in Africa | 非洲还有挨饿的孩子呢 |
[03:15] | with no channels. | 他们没有任何频道 |
[03:16] | Come on, it don’t cost much. | 别这样嘛 又不要多少钱 |
[03:18] | I’m not paying for television. | 我才不要花钱看电视 |
[03:20] | Television is free. Always was, always will be. | 电视是免费的 从来就不要钱 以后也不花钱 |
[03:24] | You’re so cheap. | 你真小气 |
[03:26] | If you want cable, pay for it yourself. | 如果你想看有线电视 你自己掏钱啊 |
[03:28] | Or better yet, try turning that thing off and go read a book. | 又或者 你关上电视去读书岂不是更好 |
[03:32] | “Read a book”? | 还”去读书” |
[03:35] | ♪ Inch by inch ♪ | ♪ 一尺一尺 ♪ |
[03:37] | ♪ Row by row ♪ | ♪ 一排一排 ♪ |
[03:40] | ♪ Gonna make this garden grow ♪ | ♪ 让这花园成长茁壮 ♪ |
[03:44] | – ♪ Gonna mulch it deep and… ♪ – John? | -♪ 埋下深深护根… ♪ -约翰 |
[03:48] | Hello, my sweet. | 亲爱的 |
[03:49] | What are you doing out here? | 你在这里干什么呢 |
[03:51] | Weeding. You have goosegrass. | 除杂草 你的花园有蟋蟀草 |
[03:53] | And you can’t have a nice lawn if you have goosegrass. | 想要草皮好看就不能有蟋蟀草 |
[03:58] | It’s kind of dark out. | 外面天有点黑了呢 |
[03:59] | Goosegrass doesn’t sleep. | 蟋蟀草可不睡觉 |
[04:01] | It kills the good grass | 它会杀了好的草 |
[04:03] | and leaves bald spots. | 还让草皮上有秃块 |
[04:04] | But don’t worry, | 但不用担心 |
[04:06] | I’m on the job. | 我已经在忙活了 |
[04:08] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:12] | Can I get you a flashlight? | 要我帮你拿个手电筒吗 |
[04:14] | I would prefer a headlamp, such as one would use for spelunking. | 最好是头戴式照明灯 洞穴探险用的那种 |
[04:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:20] | Let me check my spelunking supplies. | 我去看看我的洞穴探险装备里有没有 |
[04:24] | You’re a peach. | 你真好 |
[04:26] | ♪ Pulling weeds and picking stones… ♪ | ♪ 拔起杂草 挑走杂石 ♪ |
[04:36] | Good morning, Medford High School, | 早安 梅德福高中的各位 |
[04:37] | this is Class President Sheldon Cooper | 这里是学生会主席谢尔顿·库珀 |
[04:39] | with an important science bulletin. | 给大家带来的重大科学事件公告 |
[04:41] | This Wednesday morning, | 本周三一早 |
[04:42] | the Nobel Prize in Physics will be announced, | 诺贝尔物理学奖将公布得奖人 |
[04:44] | and I’d like to invite each and every one of you to my garage | 我想要请你们所有人来到我家车库 |
[04:47] | to listen live at 5:00 A.M. and be a part of scientific history. | 一起在早上5点即时见证科学历史 |
[04:51] | – Food and refreshments will be served… – You worried your kid | -将会提供食物与饮品 -你不担心你孩子 |
[04:54] | just invited the whole school to your house? | 邀请了全校的人去你家吗 |
[04:56] | 5:00 in the morning for a Swedish science thing? | 清晨5点听瑞典的科学玩意吗 |
[05:00] | Not at all. | 完全不担心 |
[05:02] | In other school news, this Friday night our football team | 其他的本校新闻 本周五晚我们的橄榄球队 |
[05:04] | will be playing another football team. | 将跟另一支橄榄球队打比赛 |
[05:12] | Hello? | 您好 |
[05:13] | Hi, Connie, this is Dr. Linkletter. | 你好 康妮 我是林克莱特博士 |
[05:16] | I work in the physics department with Dr. Sturgis. | 我跟斯特吉斯博士一起在物理系工作 |
[05:18] | Oh, sure, I remember you. | 当然 我记得你 |
[05:20] | What can I do for you? | 有何能为你效劳 |
[05:22] | Well, I’m just calling to let you know that John is fine, | 我打电话来通知你约翰没事 |
[05:23] | but there’s been a bit of an incident at the school today. | 但今天他在学校发生了一点意外 |
[05:26] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[05:28] | He broke into the mainframe computer lab, | 他非法闯入大型计算机实验室 |
[05:30] | tripped off an alarm. | 触发了警铃 |
[05:31] | Security came, and there was a chase. | 保安人员来了 然后发生了一场追逐 |
[05:33] | A chase? | 一场追逐吗 |
[05:34] | It was a short one. He’s not a fast man. | 很短的一场 毕竟他也不是飞毛腿 |
[05:37] | Uh– well, where is he now? | 那他现在在哪里 |
[05:39] | He’s in the dean’s office. | 他在校长办公室 |
[05:41] | He has you listed as the emergency contact, | 他的紧急联络人填了你 |
[05:43] | so I just wanted to let you know. | 所以我通知你一下 |
[05:45] | – Well, uh– thank you so much for calling. – My pleasure. | -谢谢你打电话来通知 -不客气 |
[05:48] | If there’s anything I can do, feel free to reach out. | 如果有任何能帮上忙的地方 欢迎联系我 |
[05:51] | Or if you’d like to go grab a coffee sometime, | 或者如果你想哪天一起出去喝杯咖啡 |
[05:53] | I know a cute little cafe. | 我知道有一家很有爱的小咖啡馆 |
[05:55] | Do you like scones? | 你喜欢吃司康饼吗 |
[05:56] | You’re not actually trying to hit on me right now, are you? | 你不会是想在现在这种时刻泡我吧 |
[05:59] | – Is it working? – No. | -受用吗 -没 |
[06:02] | I should go. | 我要挂了 |
[06:12] | What kind of snacks do you think I should serve | 你觉得明天早上的诺贝尔活动 |
[06:14] | at my Nobel gathering? | 我该提供哪种零食呢 |
[06:15] | It’s on Swedish radio. How about Swedish meatballs? | 在瑞典广播上公布 那瑞典肉丸怎么样 |
[06:18] | But it’s at 5:00 A.M. | 但是是在清晨5点呢 |
[06:20] | Swedish breakfast balls? | 瑞典早餐肉丸吗 |
[06:23] | I could offer an assortment of breakfast cereal. | 我可以提供各式早餐谷物 |
[06:25] | My mom doesn’t let me have cereal with sugar in it. | 我妈禁止我碰里面含糖的早餐谷物 |
[06:28] | Or anything that makes me happy. | 或任何会让我开心的事物 |
[06:36] | Connie. What are you doing here? | 康妮 你怎么来了 |
[06:40] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[06:43] | I got a call from your friend Linkletter, | 我接到了你同事林克莱特的电话 |
[06:45] | and, uh… I-I was a little worried about you. | 然后… 我有点担心你 |
[06:51] | What did he say? | 他怎么说 |
[06:52] | That you had some kind of scuffle with the campus security? | 他说你跟校园保安起了一点冲突 |
[06:56] | No scuffle. | 没有起冲突 |
[06:57] | I was using the university’s mainframe, | 我就是用了学校的大型计算器 |
[07:00] | and they asked me to leave. Simple as that. | 他们请我离开 就这样而已 |
[07:03] | So nobody chased you? | 所以没人追你吗 |
[07:05] | I was startled, and so I did | 我有点被吓到了 所以做了 |
[07:07] | what any normal person does under the circumstances: | 任何人在那种时刻都会做出来的反应 |
[07:10] | climb out a window and run like the dickens. | 爬出窗户 撒丫子狂奔 |
[07:20] | Since when do we get MTV? | 我们家什么时候有MTV台了 |
[07:22] | Since I got cable. | 我弄了有线电视 |
[07:24] | What do you mean, you got cable? | 什么叫你弄了有线电视 |
[07:26] | I called up the cable company and I said, | 我打给有线电视公司说 |
[07:28] | “Hello, I’d like cable,” and they put in cable. | “我想装有线电视” 然后他们就派人来装啦 |
[07:30] | I’m not paying for that. | 我才不要付这个钱 |
[07:32] | Keep your shirt on. I paid for it. | 你放轻松吧 我付了 |
[07:34] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[07:35] | Yeah, with money I saved from my job. | 用我打工存下来的工资 |
[07:40] | Well, okay. | 那行吧 |
[07:43] | So do we get any of those movie channels? | 所以我们能看到那些电影频道了吗 |
[07:44] | Dad, I’m trying to watch the news. | 爸 我在听新闻说什么呢 |
[07:52] | What’s so important that I had to run over here? | 什么事这么重要你让我得跑来 |
[07:54] | Come here. I want to show you something. | 来 我想给你看点东西 |
[07:59] | Look at this. | 你看看 |
[08:02] | John did it. | 约翰做了这个 |
[08:06] | Oh, dear. | 老天 |
[08:08] | “Oh, dear” is right. | 你这反应就对了 |
[08:09] | Was he in here taking a bath | 他是不是洗澡的时候 |
[08:12] | and just started thinking about science stuff? | 突然想到了科学的东西 |
[08:14] | Read the top right part. | 看看右上角写了什么 |
[08:18] | “Time plus heat plus bread equals toast.” | “时间+热度+面包=烤面包” |
[08:23] | That ain’t science. | 那可不是科学 |
[08:26] | Well, it’s not wrong, either. | 但那也没写错啊 |
[08:29] | Look at this. | 再看看这个 |
[08:33] | Yeah, well, that’s… peculiar. | 好吧 这是有点… 奇特 |
[08:38] | You’ll be amazed to know that the Nobel Prize, | 你知道了一定会很诧异 |
[08:40] | while being the most prestigious award in science, | 诺贝尔奖虽然是科学界最有名望的奖项 |
[08:42] | is not generally celebrated in this country. | 但在这个国家却没有很多人庆祝它 |
[08:45] | No parades, no fireworks. | 没有游行 也没有烟火 |
[08:47] | Which is why I thought having a breakfast celebration | 所以我才觉得办一场早餐庆祝会 |
[08:49] | was not only appropriate, but long overdue. | 不只非常恰当 还是早就该发生的 |
[08:54] | You may have noticed that I went with Cheerios, | 你可能注意到我选了麦圈 |
[08:55] | and believe me, it was a decision that I came to | 相信我 这是我经过深思熟虑后 |
[08:57] | after careful consideration. | 才做出的决定 |
[09:00] | There were birds on the Froot Loops, | 水果麦圈 巧克力泡芙 |
[09:01] | Cocoa Puffs and Corn Flakes, so they were out. | 和玉米片盒子上都有鸟图案 所以它们出局了 |
[09:06] | And leprechauns and elves are magical creatures | 别牌盒子上的小矮妖和小精灵都是魔法生物 |
[09:07] | that would be a slap in the face to the scientific community. | 选它们就是啪啪啪打科学界的脸 |
[09:11] | Anyway, the festivities begin at 4:30 A.M. | 总之 庆祝会从早上4点半开始 |
[09:14] | You’re most welcome to come. | 欢迎你来参加 |
[09:16] | As are you, unhappy bag boy. | 也欢迎你来 厌世的打包男 |
[09:32] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么鬼 |
[09:37] | TV’s asking me for some kind of code. | 电视机叫我输入密码 |
[09:39] | Yeah, that’s the parental control lock. | 对 那是儿童锁 |
[09:41] | – So how do I take it off? – You don’t. | -我怎么解锁 -你解不了 |
[09:43] | This is my cable that I bought with my money. | 这是我花自己的钱买的有线电视 |
[09:46] | You got to be kidding me. | 你一定是在逗我 |
[09:47] | Here’s an idea, how about you go read a book? | 给你个建议 要不你去读个书吧 |
[09:51] | Oh, this isn’t over, little man. | 这事还没完 小子 |
[09:55] | Not by a long shot! | 绝对没完 |
[10:00] | You know what I like about you, Sheldon? | 你知道我喜欢你哪一点吗 谢尔顿 |
[10:02] | You’re incredibly smart, but you’re also really dumb. | 你非常聪明 但同时你又很蠢 |
[10:05] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[10:07] | You think people are gonna come here to hang out with you? | 你觉得其他人会来这里跟你玩吗 |
[10:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:10] | – To hear about science? – Yes. | -来听科学的事 -没错 |
[10:13] | – On the radio? – Yes. | -而且是听收音机 -没错 |
[10:15] | At 5:00 in the morning? | 在早上五点 |
[10:18] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[10:19] | And you’re asking me why you’re dumb? | 那你还问我为什么说你蠢 |
[10:20] | Well, I happen to have a little more faith | 我比你对我伙伴们的好奇心 |
[10:22] | in the curiosity of my fellows. | 多一点信心 |
[10:25] | See, you sound smart, but you’re still dumb. | 看见没 你听起来很聪明 但你还是蠢死了 |
[10:27] | I bet you don’t even know the first thing about Sweden. | 我猜你对瑞典根本一无所知 |
[10:29] | Well, you’re wrong, | 这你就错了 |
[10:30] | it’s where those little meatballs come from. | 那里是小肉丸的家乡 |
[10:33] | And that chef on The Muppets. That’s two things. | 布偶卡通里的厨师也是瑞典人 已经两件事了 |
[10:38] | Oh, and is in Canada. That’s three. | 还有 瑞典在加拿大境内[错了] 三件事 |
[10:52] | Hello? | 喂 |
[10:52] | Hello, Dr. Linkletter. | 你好 林克莱特博士 |
[10:54] | This is Connie Tucker. | 我是康妮·塔克 |
[10:56] | Connie, how lovely to hear from you. | 康妮 你打来我很高兴 |
[10:58] | Stop. I’m worried about John. | 别撩了 我担心约翰 |
[10:59] | He was supposed to be here for dinner and he never showed up. | 他说好来我家吃晚饭的 但他一直没出现 |
[11:02] | That’s not good. He also missed two of his classes today. | 这可不妙 他今天也有两节课没来上 |
[11:05] | Do you have any idea where he might be? | 你知道他可能去哪儿了吗 |
[11:08] | Hard to say. If he’s having another episode, | 很难说 如果他又发作了 |
[11:10] | he could be anywhere. | 在哪里都有可能 |
[11:12] | Hold on, what do you mean “Episode”? | 等一下 “发作”是什么意思 |
[11:14] | Oh, I thought you knew. In the past, | 我还以为你知道 在过去 |
[11:15] | John has struggled with his grip on reality. | 约翰曾在分不清现实与幻想中挣扎过 |
[11:18] | What kind of struggle are we talking about? | 什么样的挣扎 |
[11:21] | The kind where he’s had to be hospitalized. | 严重到必须住院接受治疗 |
[11:24] | Well, he never said anything about that to me. | 他从没跟我提过这个 |
[11:27] | Well, I certainly wouldn’t fabricate such a story. | 我肯定不会编造这样的故事 |
[11:31] | Okay, look, I-if-if you hear from him or see him, | 好吧 如果你有他消息 或看到他 |
[11:34] | please let me know. | 请你通知我 |
[11:36] | Of course. Now, if down the road | 没问题 如果日后 |
[11:38] | things don’t work out with you two, I’d love to… | 你们俩分手了 我很愿意… |
[11:40] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[12:07] | – Here, this is for you. – What is it? | -这是给你的 -什么东西 |
[12:09] | Read it. You do remember how to read, don’t you? | 自己看 你还记得怎么认字吧 |
[12:16] | A bill? Really? | 账单 真的吗 |
[12:19] | Room and board, buddy. | 食宿费 哥们 |
[12:20] | $50 a month for food? | 光食物费一个月就要50美元 |
[12:22] | The way you eat, I should’ve gone $50 a week. | 你吃那么多 我每周收你50块也不为过 |
[12:26] | Laundry services? | 洗衣费 |
[12:27] | Your poor mother has to touch your underwear. | 你可怜的老母亲还得碰你的恶心内裤呢 |
[12:32] | What’s the $10 a month “Peema” Charge? | 每月十块的”头图”费是什么 |
[12:35] | Oh, P-I-M-A, that’s a “Pain in My Ass” Tax. | 是”头秃”啦 你要交”头秃”税 |
[12:39] | My way of getting compensated for you | 我被你气得短命头秃 |
[12:40] | taking years off my life. | 这是补偿费 |
[12:46] | John? | 约翰 |
[12:51] | John? | 约翰 |
[12:59] | Your bike’s here. John? | 你的单车在这 约翰 |
[13:09] | John? | 约翰 |
[13:25] | Well, look at that, there’s boobies on my TV. | 看啊 我家电视上有人露奶子 |
[13:31] | – Get out of here! – I’m telling Mom! | -给我出去 -我要告诉妈妈 |
[13:58] | John? | 约翰 |
[14:01] | Hello. | 你好啊 |
[14:04] | What-What’re you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[14:05] | I was doing tai chi | 我之前在耍太极 |
[14:08] | and then I realized that I was | 然后意识到 |
[14:10] | continually being bombarded by subatomic particles | 我不断被亚原子粒子轰炸 |
[14:15] | and it behooves me, perhaps, | 也许我应该 |
[14:18] | to pay slightly closer attention to them. | 更关注它们 |
[14:23] | Maybe “Chi” is the ancient Chinese word | 也许”气”在古代汉语里 |
[14:28] | for the subatomic universe. | 是”亚原子宇宙”的意思 |
[14:32] | You’re scaring me, John. | 你吓着我了 约翰 |
[14:34] | Well, there’s nothing to be scared of. | 没什么好害怕的 |
[14:37] | Tomorrow, somebody will win the Nobel Prize | 明天会有人赢得关于这些粒子的 |
[14:41] | about these particles… | 诺贝尔奖 |
[14:43] | not me. | 但不是我 |
[14:46] | But I’m experiencing them firsthand… | 但我正在亲身体验它们 |
[14:51] | …which could be better. | 说不定这样更好 |
[14:54] | Why don’t you come down and experience them on the floor? | 不如你下来 在地上体验吧 |
[14:58] | I think I just felt a neutrino. | 我好像刚感觉到一颗中微子 |
[15:03] | You know, neutrinos are interesting. | 中微子很有意思 |
[15:08] | They never bond with anything, | 它们从不跟任何东西结合 |
[15:12] | they’re always alone. | 总是孤独的 |
[15:16] | I think that one went right through my pants. | 刚才那一颗好像穿过我裤子了 |
[15:21] | All right, | 好了 |
[15:23] | why don’t we go downstairs, | 不如我们下楼 |
[15:25] | and I’ll fix us both a nice cup of hot tea | 我去泡两杯热茶 |
[15:29] | and you can tell me all about it. | 你可以好好跟我讲一讲 |
[15:38] | Please? | 求你了 |
[15:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:00] | It was my dream to win the Nobel, | 赢得诺贝尔奖曾是我的梦想 |
[16:04] | and I’m not going to. | 但我这辈子没机会了 |
[16:10] | I bet Sheldon will. | 我猜谢尔顿一定会拿奖的 |
[16:12] | – That’ll be something. – Yeah. | -那就太了不起了 -是啊 |
[16:36] | Welcome to Radio Sweden… | 欢迎收听瑞典电台 |
[16:37] | How’s it going, baby? | 怎么样了 宝贝 |
[16:39] | I don’t think anyone’s showing up, not even Tam. | 我想没人会来了 连丹都不会来 |
[16:43] | I’m here. | 我在啊 |
[16:45] | Yeah, but you’re my mom. You live on the premises. | 没错 但你是我妈妈 你本来就住在这里 |
[16:49] | At least Dr. Sturgis should be here any minute. | 至少斯特吉斯博士应该随时会到 |
[16:53] | Shelly, I’m afraid Dr. Sturgis isn’t coming this morning. | 谢利 恐怕斯特吉斯博士今早不会过来了 |
[16:58] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[17:02] | He isn’t feeling well. | 他身体不舒服 |
[17:05] | Oh, dear. | 老天 |
[17:08] | Should we send him a get well card? | 我们是不是该寄早日康复的卡片给他 |
[17:10] | I think that’d be terrific. | 那会很棒的 |
[17:12] | Good morning and welcome | 各位早安 |
[17:14] | to the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. | 欢迎来到瑞典皇家科学院 |
[17:18] | The announcements are starting. | 开始公布获奖名单了 |
[17:21] | You want me to stay? | 你希望我留下吗 |
[17:23] | Uh, the Academy has concluded its meeting | 科学院已结束会议 |
[17:26] | and we are ready to announce this year’s… | 我们准备宣布今年的… |
[17:28] | I’ll be in my room if you need me. | 你需要我就去我房里找我 |
[17:33] | As usual, I will read the announcements first in English, | 我会照例先用英语读出获奖名单 |
[17:36] | then in Swedish, then the citation in German, | 然后用瑞典语 接下来再用德语 |
[17:39] | French, and Russian. | 法语和俄语 |
[17:44] | And this year’s Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded to… | 今年荣获诺贝尔物理学奖的是… |
[17:48] | Come on, neutrinos. | 拜托 是中微子 |
[17:51] | …Henry Kendall, Jerome Friedman, | 证实夸克存在的亨利·肯德尔 |
[17:53] | and Richard Taylor for the discovery of quarks. | 杰罗姆·弗里德曼和理查德·泰勒 |
[17:59] | A primary feature of quarks | 夸克的主要特点是 |
[18:01] | is that they’re always bonded together, | 它们总是紧密结合在一起 |
[18:04] | but in that moment, I felt like a neutrino, | 但在那一刻 我觉得自己是颗中微子 |
[18:08] | destined to be alone forever. | 注定永远孤独 |
[18:17] | Leonard, dear, you should be in bed. | 莱纳德 宝贝 你该上床睡觉了 |
[18:39] | Howard! Turn off that fakakta game | 霍华德 关掉那破游戏 |
[18:42] | and go to sleep. | 快去睡觉 |
[19:08] | Thankfully, I was wrong. | 幸好 我错了 |