时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Dr. Linkletter! | 林克莱特博士 |
[00:04] | Please meet my girlfriend, | 这是我的女朋友 |
[00:06] | Connie Tucker. | 康妮·塔克 |
[00:07] | Connie, did you grow up in Texas? | 康妮 你在德州长大的吗 |
[00:08] | Took my first bath in a ten-gallon hat. | 我人生第一次泡澡就是在牛仔帽里 |
[00:10] | Oh, my goodness. You’re as funny as you are beautiful. | 老天 你幽默的程度不输你的美貌 |
[00:13] | If I didn’t know any better, | 要不是我心里清楚 |
[00:14] | I’d say you were sweet-talking my date right in front of me. | 我会以为你当着我的面挑逗我女友 |
[00:18] | Hello? | 你好 |
[00:19] | Hi, Dr. Linkletter. | 林克莱特博士 |
[00:20] | – It’s Connie Tucker. – Connie. | -我是康妮·塔克 -康妮你好 |
[00:22] | To what do I owe the pleasure? | 我怎么有荣幸能接到你的电话呢 |
[00:24] | – I need a favor. – Of course. | -我想请你帮个忙 -没问题 你说 |
[00:25] | Should we discuss it over dinner? | 要不要一起共进晚餐时你慢慢说 |
[00:26] | I’ll take a rain check on that. | 晚饭的事情以后再说吧 |
[00:28] | I was hoping | 我是希望呢 |
[00:29] | that my grandson could join in your physics class | 我的外孙能去旁听你的物理课 |
[00:33] | until John is, uh… back. | 直到约翰… 回来 |
[00:36] | – From the mental hospital? – Yes. | -从精神病院回来 -是的 |
[00:38] | The one he never told you he’d been in before? | 他没跟你坦白说他以前进过的那种医院 |
[00:40] | – Yes. – A curious ethical choice | -是的 -如果你问我 |
[00:41] | on his part, if you ask me. | 我会觉得这事挺不道德的 |
[00:43] | Can he take the class or not? | 我外孙到底能不能去旁听啦 |
[00:45] | Of course. | 当然 |
[00:45] | I never taught a child before. | 不过呢 我从来没教过小孩子 |
[00:47] | Is he potty trained? | 他会自己上厕所吧 |
[00:51] | Teachers have always been impressed by me. | 从小我的老师们就总对我赞叹不已 |
[00:54] | All righty, then… | 好的 那… |
[00:55] | And my new college professor was no exception. | 我新的大学教授也是如此 |
[00:58] | You’d think it was my once-in-a-generation intellect. | 你可能觉得是赞叹我多年难得一见的智商 |
[01:01] | But it was more than that. | 但其实远不止如此 |
[01:02] | There was my wicked sense of humor… | 还有我的如珠妙语 |
[01:04] | …explained by maximizing entropy. | 最大熵… |
[01:07] | Yes, Sheldon? | 谢尔顿 怎么了 |
[01:08] | Entropy. It isn’t what it used to be. | 这年头的熵可不像当年那样啦 |
[01:11] | Plus, when things got heavy, | 而当气氛开始沉重下来时 |
[01:13] | I was always ready with a fun fact to lighten the mood. | 我总是能立刻说出有趣小知识来让气氛轻松 |
[01:16] | Fun fact. Did you know that the ancient Incas | 有趣小知识 你知道古印加人 |
[01:19] | stored bureaucratic records on knotted strings called “Quipu”? | 会用名叫”奇普”的绳结来记下比如官僚记录吗 |
[01:24] | Q-U-I-P-U. Quipu. | 拼法是QUIPU 奇普 |
[01:27] | Whatever the reason, | 无论是因为何种原因 |
[01:28] | I was clearly his favorite student. | 我很明显是他最爱的学生 |
[01:30] | Ready to go? | 准备好走了吗 |
[01:31] | Connie… What a treat it is to see you. | 康妮 看到你真是太令人开心了 |
[01:34] | Look at him smile. | 看看他的笑容 |
[01:35] | He couldn’t get enough of me. | 他简直就是对我青睐有加 |
[01:37] | Uh, Sheldon, if you’re interested, | 谢尔顿 如果你有兴趣的话 |
[01:38] | an old friend of mine is giving a lecture | 我有个老朋友下周要开关于 |
[01:40] | next week on the mathematics of robotic communication. | 机械人通信数学的课程 |
[01:43] | – Really? – Yes. If your grandmother’s | -真的吗 -是啊 如果你姥姥愿意载你 |
[01:45] | willing to drive you, maybe we can all go. | 那我们就能大家一起去听啦 |
[01:47] | – Make a night of it. – Oh, we’ll be there. | -享受一个美好的夜晚 -我们一定到 |
[01:49] | – Uh-uh-uh, wait, we-we don’t even know what night it is. – Thursday. | -等等 都还不知道是哪天晚上呢 -周四 |
[01:52] | Oh. Thursday might be a problem for me. | 周四的话我有可能不行呢 |
[01:55] | – Thursday’s perfect for you. – Wonderful. | -周四对你再合适不过了 -太好了 |
[01:57] | You don’t know that. | 你又不知道我有没有空 |
[01:58] | Yes, I do. Mondays you have bowling, | 我知道啊 你周一打保龄球 |
[02:00] | Tuesday’s water aerobics, Wednesday, salsa dancing, | 周二跳水中有氧操 周三去跳萨尔萨舞 |
[02:03] | Fridays, you bring me here. | 周五你带我来上课 |
[02:04] | Your Thursday was wide open, but not anymore. | 你周四本来很空闲 但现在有事啦 |
[02:06] | – We’ll see you then. – Excellent. | -我们到时候见 -太好啦 |
[02:08] | Shall we plan on dinner beforehand? | 我们应该先计划一下到时候吃什么吗 |
[02:10] | Just, hold on. | 先给老娘等等 |
[02:12] | Can I speak to you for a moment? | 我能跟你借一步说话吗 |
[02:16] | The grown-ups need to talk. | 大人们要谈事情 |
[02:17] | That wasn’t made clear. | 你刚才没说清楚嘛 |
[02:19] | You’re asking me out in front of my grandson | 你故意在我外孙面前约我出去 |
[02:21] | so I can’t say no. | 好让我拒绝不了 |
[02:23] | You saw through that. | 被你看穿啦 |
[02:24] | You think you’re pretty smart. | 你是不是觉得自己挺聪明的 |
[02:25] | Well, I do have two PhDs and a date with you on Thursday. | 我的确是有两个博士学位以及下周四与你的约会 |
[02:30] | ♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪ | ♪ 世上没人比我强壮 ♪ |
[02:33] | ♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪ | ♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪ |
[02:36] | ♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪ | ♪ 我相信我能当你的英雄 ♪ |
[02:39] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:41] | ♪ I am a mighty little man ♪ | ♪ 我是个了不起的小家伙 ♪ |
[02:53] | Uh, you order something from the Mountain View Candy Company? | 你从山景糖果公司订东西了吗 |
[02:56] | Oh, yeah. Thanks. | 是啊 谢谢 |
[02:58] | The hell is it? | 里面都是什么玩意儿 |
[02:59] | A big old box of candy. | 一大箱的糖果啊 |
[03:04] | What’s all this about candy? | 我是不是听到有人在聊糖果 |
[03:08] | That robotics lecture’s going to be eye-opening. | 这堂机械人课肯定会让人大开眼界 |
[03:10] | Get ready to forget everything you know about robot communication. | 准备好忘掉你过去的机械人通信知识吧 |
[03:15] | Moon Pie, I don’t know if we’re gonna go to this thing. | 小饼饼 我不知道到底要不要去这个课 |
[03:18] | Why not? We’ve established that you’re free, | 为什么不去 不是已经确定你有空了吗 |
[03:21] | and I’m a child, so my schedule’s wide open. | 而我是个小孩 我也非常有空 |
[03:23] | It’s complicated. | 理由很复杂啦 |
[03:24] | Well, we’re just sitting here, | 我们两个人还得坐在这一阵子 |
[03:25] | and we have to talk about something. | 总是得找话题聊 |
[03:27] | Can you just let this one go? | 你就不能不问这件事吗 |
[03:29] | I think we both know the answer to that question. | 我们两个都心知肚明这问题的答案吧 |
[03:32] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[03:35] | There are certain grown-up dynamics taking place here that you, | 这件事里其实含有一些你可能不了解的 |
[03:40] | you might not be aware of. | 成人交际[动力]上的细节 |
[03:41] | Well, I like quantum- chromodynamics and thermodynamics; | 我喜欢量子色动力学还有热动力学 |
[03:45] | perhaps I’ll like grown-up dynamics. Tell me. | 或许我也会喜欢成人交际学啊 说吧 |
[03:49] | I’m just saying that Dr. Linkletter | 就是可能林克莱特博士 |
[03:52] | might be paying special attention to you | 对你会关照有加 |
[03:57] | so he can become better friends with me. | 是因为他想跟我关系更进一步 |
[04:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:02] | You’re just gonna have to trust me on this one. | 这件事情你信我的就是了 |
[04:04] | Are you saying he doesn’t really want me | 你的意思是他其实并没有很想要 |
[04:06] | at this lecture? | 我来上他的课吗 |
[04:08] | No, I’m just saying he really wants me at this lecture. | 那倒不是 只是他非常希望有我来他的课 |
[04:11] | But that’s illogical. | 但这不合逻辑啊 |
[04:13] | He knows you’re in a relationship with Dr. Sturgis. | 他知道你跟斯特吉斯博士在交往啊 |
[04:15] | And now we’re back to it’s complicated, | 这就是为什么我之前说事情很复杂啦 |
[04:18] | so drop it. | 所以放弃吧 |
[04:20] | I’ll try, but dropping things is not where I shine. | 我尽量 但说放弃就放弃不是我个人强项啊 |
[04:29] | Hey? What you buying? | 朋友 你买什么呢 |
[04:31] | – M&Ms? – Cool. | -MM巧克力豆 -很好 |
[04:33] | Peanut or plain? | 花生味还是普通的 |
[04:36] | Am I in trouble? | 我招惹上麻烦了吗 |
[04:37] | You are if you waste your money on that machine. | 你如果要在这机器上浪费钱 那才是麻烦 |
[04:41] | What? | 什么 |
[04:43] | I’m selling the same stuff for half the price. | 我这里只要半价就可以买到同样的东西 |
[04:46] | Cool. Oh, you got Abba-Zabas? | 牛逼 那你有阿巴牌太妃糖棒吗 |
[04:49] | Do I have Abba-Zabas. | 小爷有没有阿巴牌太妃糖棒吗 |
[04:53] | Do you? | 所以你有吗 |
[04:55] | Yeah. | 有 |
[04:58] | Tam, I need help navigating a social situation. | 丹 我有个社交问题想你为我指点迷津 |
[05:01] | I’m eating lunch with you. | 我午餐只能跟你吃 |
[05:02] | You think I have the answer? | 你觉得我像社交大师吗 |
[05:03] | Dr. Linkletter invited me to a lecture on robotics, | 林克莱特博士邀请我去听机械人相关课 |
[05:06] | but my meemaw said he’s only doing it to spend time with her. | 但我姥姥说博士的目的只是想跟她多亲近 |
[05:09] | – Are you asking if men do sketchy things to get dates? – Yes. | -你想问男人会不会使手段来拐女人约会吗 -是的 |
[05:13] | Well, then, I can help you. | 那这题我可以为你解答 |
[05:15] | Absolutely. Last week, I told Jessica Geiger | 绝对的 就上周吧 我告诉杰西卡·盖格 |
[05:18] | I was an extra in Karate Kid Part II. | 我在电影《功夫小子2》里跑了龙套 |
[05:20] | Did it work? | 有用吗 |
[05:21] | Again, I’m having lunch with you. | 再次提醒 我正在跟你共进午餐 |
[05:28] | Grant Linkletter. | 格兰特·林克莱特 |
[05:28] | This is Sheldon Cooper. I’m speaking quietly | 我是谢尔顿·库珀 我现在说话很轻 |
[05:31] | because I’m calling from a library. | 因为我人正在图书馆里 |
[05:33] | Hello, Sheldon. Nice to hear from you. | 你好啊 谢尔顿 很高兴你打来 |
[05:35] | Why are you whispering? Are you in a library? | 你为什么要小声 你也在图书馆吗 |
[05:39] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[05:40] | How can I help you? | 有什么事情需要我帮忙啊 |
[05:41] | My meemaw doesn’t want to take me to the lecture | 我姥姥不想带我去听那堂课 |
[05:43] | because she thinks that you’re just using me to spend time with her. | 因为她觉得你只是利用我来接近她 |
[05:46] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[05:48] | Well, you’re an intelligent young man. | 你是个聪明男孩 |
[05:50] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[05:51] | I think she’s wrong, and you invited me | 我觉得她是错的 你邀请我听课 |
[05:53] | because you know I appreciate the subject matter. | 是因为你觉得我会喜欢这个主题 |
[05:56] | Exactly right. | 说得没错 |
[05:57] | You’re even smarter than I thought. | 你比我认为的还聪明 |
[05:58] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[06:00] | My meemaw couldn’t be more wrong. | 我姥姥真是大错特错了 |
[06:03] | Oh, like you were reading a book anyway. | 少装得好像你有在读书好吗 |
[06:06] | You sure you’re only a freshman? | 你确定你是新生吗 |
[06:08] | ‘Cause you got the sophisticated taste buds of a junior. Easy. | 你富有品味的味蕾简直像个高三生呢 |
[06:13] | Hey, Veronica. | 维罗妮卡 |
[06:14] | What was that about? | 刚才那是怎么回事呢 |
[06:16] | Just conducting a little business. | 做点小生意罢了 |
[06:17] | Careful. When my sister sold stuff at school, | 小心点 当年我姐姐也在学校卖东西 |
[06:20] | she ended up in juvie. | 后来进少管所了 |
[06:21] | Nothing like that. | 不是卖那种东西啦 |
[06:23] | – Just candy. – Very entrepreneurial. | -卖糖果而已 -非常有创业精神 |
[06:26] | I’m impressed. | 我很欣赏 |
[06:27] | Impressed… impressed… impressed. | 欣赏 欣赏 欣赏 |
[06:46] | What can I say? I’m entrepreneurialistic. | 低调低调 我只是很有创业精神主义论罢了 |
[06:50] | Is that a word? | 有这个词吗 |
[06:51] | I don’t know. But if you got a lot of money, | 我不知道啊 但如果你有很多钱 |
[06:53] | you get to make stuff up. | 你就拥有随口说都是真理的权力 |
[06:55] | All right, well, good luck. | 好啦 那祝你生意兴隆 |
[06:59] | Hey, you look like a Kit Kat man. | 感觉你就是一名爱吃奇巧巧克力的男子 |
[07:03] | Good news. | 跟你说个好消息 |
[07:03] | You can take me to the lecture after all. | 你现在可以放心带我去听课了 |
[07:06] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[07:07] | – I told Dr. Linkletter everything you… – Stop. | -我告诉林克莱特博士你说的… -停 |
[07:11] | – Come inside. – Why? | -你先进来 -为什么 |
[07:13] | ‘Cause there’s kids in this neighborhood | 因为附近还有小孩 |
[07:15] | who don’t need to hear the language I’m about to use. | 人家没必要听到我接下来要对你用的字眼 |
[07:24] | What, exactly… did you say | 你复述一下当时是怎么跟 |
[07:27] | – to Dr. Linkletter? – I said… | -林克莱特博士说的 -我说… |
[07:29] | Hello. This is Sheldon Cooper. | 你好 我是谢尔顿·库珀 |
[07:31] | I’m speaking quietly because I’m calling from the library. | 我现在说话很轻因为我人正在图书馆里 |
[07:33] | – And he said… – Get to the point. | -然后他说… -说重点 |
[07:36] | He’s not using me to spend time with you. | 他没有利用我来靠近你 |
[07:38] | He said so. You’re wrong. | 他这么说了 你是错的 |
[07:41] | You had no business calling him, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 你不该多管闲事打给他 |
[07:44] | You seem upset. Are you embarrassed | 你看起来不高兴 你是因为自己错了 |
[07:45] | because you were wrong? | 所以恼羞成怒吗 |
[07:46] | – No. – Are you sure? I would be. | -没有 -你确定吗 要我就会 |
[07:49] | I’m not wrong. | 我没错 |
[07:50] | He’s lying to you, Sheldon. | 他骗了你 谢尔顿 |
[07:53] | – Interesting. I don’t know who to believe. – Really? | -有意思 我不知道该信谁了 -真的吗 |
[07:55] | You’re gonna believe some guy you barely know | 你要相信一个你都不怎么熟的男人 |
[07:58] | over your own grandmother? | 也不信你亲姥姥吗 |
[07:59] | Well, one of them said I’m really smart, | 其中一个人夸我聪明 |
[08:01] | and one of them’s yelling at me right now. | 而另一个人正在凶我 |
[08:03] | We’re done talking about this. | 这件事就此结束 |
[08:05] | And I’m not taking you to that lecture! | 我不带你去听那堂课了 |
[08:07] | – But I really want to go. – Too bad! | -可我真的很想去呢 -那哭哭哦 |
[08:11] | You are incredibly selfish. | 你这个人真的超级自私 |
[08:25] | Excuse me? | 你再说一次 |
[08:26] | You just care about what you want. | 你只在乎你想要怎么样 |
[08:27] | You don’t care about what I want. | 根本不在意我想要什么 |
[08:29] | You’re selfish. | 你很自私 |
[08:32] | How come your eyes stopped blinking? | 你怎么不眨眼了 |
[08:34] | Mom! | 妈 |
[08:36] | – Meemaw swatted me on the bottom! – What? | -姥姥打了我屁股 -什么 |
[08:39] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[08:40] | I wanted something, and then she said no, | 我提了要求 她拒绝我 |
[08:41] | and then I called her selfish, and then she went crazy! | 我说她很自私 她就抓狂了 |
[08:44] | Let me call her. | 让我打给她 |
[08:46] | Really? | 你确定吗 |
[08:46] | You don’t want to thank her in person? | 你不亲自登门道谢吗 |
[08:57] | Pardon me? | 打扰一下 |
[08:58] | I’m interested in getting some jewelry. | 我有兴趣想要买些珠宝 |
[09:00] | Well, sure, what’s the occasion? | 没问题 是什么缘由呢 |
[09:02] | There’s a young lady, and I’d like to get her something special. | 有一位年轻女士 我想送她点特别的礼物 |
[09:05] | Well, aren’t you sweet? | 你可真是有心啊 |
[09:07] | – I like to think so. – So what are you looking for? | -我也希望是这样 -所以你想看怎么样的呢 |
[09:10] | A necklace, ankle bracelet, uh, earrings? | 项链 脚链还是耳环 |
[09:14] | Hmm… tough to choose between her neck, ankles and ears. | 太难从她的脖子 脚踝跟耳朵中选了 |
[09:18] | They’re all smokin’ hot. | 全都美到不行 |
[09:21] | You were very rude to your grandmother. | 你对你姥姥非常没礼貌 |
[09:23] | Dad’s rude to her all the time. | 爸爸总是对她无礼啊 |
[09:25] | That is not– the point. | 这才不是… 重点呢 |
[09:27] | Do you have anything to say for yourself? | 你有什么要为自己辩驳的吗 |
[09:29] | Yes. I really wanted to go to this lecture, | 有 我真的很想去听这堂课 |
[09:32] | and I understand that I upset Meemaw very much. | 我也认识到了我惹姥姥生了很大的气 |
[09:36] | So which one of you will be taking me? | 所以你们俩有谁愿意带我去听呢 |
[09:38] | No one’s taking you. | 没人要带你去 |
[09:39] | You’re not going, Sheldon. | 谢尔顿 你别想去 |
[09:41] | You two are even more selfish than Meemaw. | 你们俩比姥姥更自私 |
[09:43] | How long you grounded for? | 你被禁足多久 |
[09:45] | A month. | 一个月 |
[09:46] | That sounds right. | 挺合理 |
[09:48] | Let me tell you the move: | 让我来教你该怎么搞 |
[09:49] | You mix a bag of these with a bag of these… mm, heaven. | 把一袋这个跟一袋这个混在一起 天堂般的美味 |
[09:54] | You just want me to buy two bags. | 你只是想我一次买两袋 |
[09:55] | I just want you to be happy. | 我只是想你开心啊 |
[09:58] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[10:00] | And now I’m happy. | 现在我开心了 |
[10:03] | Veronica. | 维罗妮卡 |
[10:05] | Come here. I got something for you. | 过来一下 我有东西给你 |
[10:06] | Ooh, is it candy? | 是糖果吗 |
[10:08] | No, but it is pretty sweet. | 不是 但收到也会很美滋滋哦 |
[10:10] | Georgie, what did you do? | 小乔治 你又干嘛了 |
[10:12] | Just open it. | 你就打开嘛 |
[10:15] | This looks expensive. | 看起来感觉很贵啊 |
[10:17] | It was. Check out the price tag. | 是啊 你看看标价 |
[10:20] | $100? | 一百块吗 |
[10:21] | And that’s without tax. | 这还是税前价呢 |
[10:23] | I can’t accept this. | 这礼物我不能收 |
[10:25] | – B-But I bought it for you. – Well, you shouldn’t have. | -这是我为你买的啊 -你不该买 |
[10:28] | I don’t get you. | 我真不懂你 |
[10:30] | I went out of my way to buy you something nice | 我费那么大苦心去给你买了好东西 |
[10:32] | and you don’t even want it. | 可你都不愿意收 |
[10:33] | Georgie, it’s too much. | 小乔治 这太贵重了 |
[10:35] | I mean, you’re not gonna impress me by throwing money around. | 你想博取我好感 砸钱是不会有用的 |
[10:38] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[10:39] | In “Material Girl,” Madonna loves it. | 麦当娜在《拜金女孩》里可喜欢了 |
[10:43] | The world had stopped making sense. | 世界突然天翻地覆了 |
[10:45] | A grown-up had lied to me, my meemaw and I were at odds, | 一个大人对我说谎 姥姥跟我有争执 |
[10:49] | I was in trouble with my parents. | 我惹了我爸妈不高兴 |
[10:51] | I had to find a way to restore balance. | 我得想出办法来让世界回归正常 |
[10:53] | – I’m leaving. – Okay, bye. | -我要离开了 -好的 慢走 |
[10:56] | Before I go, I need to give this to you. | 在我离开之前 我要把这个给你 |
[11:00] | You’re interrupting television. What? | 你打扰我看电视了 要给我什么 |
[11:03] | I should be back later tonight, but in case I’m not, | 我应该今晚就会到家 但如果没回来 |
[11:05] | this envelope contains my whereabouts. | 这个信封里写了我的去向 |
[11:07] | Do not open it unless you absolutely have to. | 没有绝对必要请不要打开 |
[11:12] | – That it? – Yes. | -就这样吗 -是的 |
[11:13] | Okay, bye. | 好 慢走 |
[11:26] | “I knew you were going to open this the moment I left. | “我知道你一定会我一走就立刻打开 |
[11:29] | to slow you down I’ve shrouded | 为了减缓你的阅读速度 |
[11:31] | my destination in code.” | 我把我的去向以密码写下了” |
[11:36] | What a dork. | 真是个死阿宅 |
[11:56] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:57] | Am I correct that the bus to Dallas has a stop in Rusk? | 请问去达拉斯的大巴是不是有一站在鲁斯克停 |
[12:01] | Yup. | 是的 |
[12:02] | I’d like to buy one ticket, please. | 我想买一张票 |
[12:04] | You need an adult to buy it. | 要有成人带你买才可以 |
[12:06] | Oh, I didn’t know. | 我不知道有这事 |
[12:09] | That’s the rules. | 规定就是这样 |
[12:11] | I’m just trying to visit my friend in the hospital. | 我只是想去医院看看我的朋友 |
[12:14] | Not the regular kind of hospital, | 不是那种普通的医院 |
[12:15] | a psychiatric hospital. | 是精神专科医院 |
[12:17] | He’s actually a brilliant scientist | 他其实是个很聪明的科学家 |
[12:19] | in the field of theoretical physics. | 在他的理论物理学领域颇有成就 |
[12:21] | Dr. John Sturgis, you may have heard of him. Anyway, | 斯特吉斯博士 或许你可能听说过她 |
[12:24] | he’s a great guy. We’re almost the same height… | 总之呢 他是个很好的人 我们身高差不多 |
[12:27] | And then he and my meemaw became a romantic item, | 然后他跟我的姥姥成了一对 |
[12:29] | not that there haven’t been bumps in the road. | 虽然他们的情路也不是一路顺遂啦 |
[12:31] | I actually helped them by writing up a relationship agreement. | 他们的恋爱合约甚至是我帮忙起草的呢 |
[12:34] | I love drawing up contracts. | 我可喜欢起草合同了 |
[12:35] | But I don’t love drawing. Interesting. | 但我不喜欢起笔绘画 有意思 |
[12:37] | Anyway, he doesn’t drive. | 总之 他不会开车 |
[12:39] | Maybe one day he’ll take a bus and you’ll get to meet him. | 所以或许哪天他来搭大巴你们能见面呢 |
[12:42] | Anyway, even though I’m clearly her favorite grandchild, | 总之呢 虽然我很明显是她最爱的外孙 |
[12:45] | she swatted my bottom. | 但她打了我的屁股 |
[12:47] | It didn’t hurt that much physically, | 虽然屁股本身不是很痛 |
[12:48] | but emotionally, it stung like the dickens. | 但深深地刺痛了我的心灵 |
[12:51] | Here you go. One ticket to Dallas with a stop in Rusk. | 给 一张去达拉斯中间停靠鲁斯克的票 |
[12:54] | But that’s against the rules. | 但这违反规定啊 |
[12:55] | I’m an adult, I bought it. | 我是成人 我买的 |
[12:56] | Ooh, a loophole. Thank you. | 漏洞呢 谢谢你 |
[13:00] | I’d tell you all about | 我很乐意告诉你 |
[13:01] | the etymology of the word “loophole,” | “漏洞”这个词的语源来自哪里 |
[13:02] | but I have a bus to catch. | 但我得赶大巴了 |
[13:10] | – I’m home. – Hey. | -我到家啦 -你回来啦 |
[13:12] | Hey, baby, where’s Sheldon? | 宝贝 谢尔顿人呢 |
[13:15] | I don’t know, he left. | 不知道 他走了 |
[13:16] | He left? Where’d he go? | 他走了 走去哪里啊 |
[13:18] | He wouldn’t tell me, but he wrote it in this weird letter. | 他不愿意告诉我 但他写了这封奇怪的信 |
[13:28] | – When did he leave? – An hour ago. | -他什么时候出去的 -一个小时前 |
[13:30] | An hour?! | 一个小时了吗 |
[13:32] | I told him not to go., | 我跟他说过别去了 |
[13:39] | – Anyone sitting here? – No. | -这里有人坐吗 -没有 |
[13:44] | Aren’t you a little young to be traveling alone? | 你还没到能独自出行的年纪吧 |
[13:47] | Yes, but I’m quite a capable traveler. | 的确 但我是个合格的旅人 |
[13:49] | I’ve memorized the entire bus schedule for the state of Texas. | 我背下了全德州所有的大巴时间表 |
[13:52] | – Ask me anything. – No, thanks. | -你可以随便考我 -不了 谢谢 |
[13:54] | Okay, but if at any point you’d like to know what time the bus | 行 但如果你旅途中任何时候想知道 |
[13:57] | from Waco arrives in Houston, ask away. | 韦科往休士顿的大巴何时到站 尽管问我 |
[14:01] | 4:15, except on Fridays | 4点15 除了周五 |
[14:03] | when they make a local stop in Huntsville. | 周五它中途会在亨茨维尔停 |
[14:06] | No wonder this seat was empty. | 难怪这位子没人坐 |
[14:08] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[14:14] | Georgie. | 小乔治 |
[14:21] | “Before you get mad, | “在你生气之前 |
[14:22] | this only cost me ten cents.” | 我先告诉你这个只花了1毛钱” |
[14:30] | I saw you smile. | 我看到你笑啦 |
[14:34] | Go away, Georgie. | 走开啦 小乔治 |
[14:36] | You can eat it or wear it, it’s up to you. | 你想吃了还是戴上都可以 你说了算 |
[14:42] | Dots and dashes… | 又是点又是横 |
[14:44] | Maybe it’s Morse code. | 或许是摩斯电码 |
[14:47] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[14:48] | We think this is Morse code. What does it say? | 我们猜这可能是摩斯电码 这写了什么 |
[14:51] | Gee, I don’t know. | 我不知道啊 |
[14:52] | What do you mean you don’t know? You were in the Army. | 什么叫你不知道 你不是当过兵吗 |
[14:54] | Yeah, so? Can’t do a push-up, either. | 那又如何 我现在也做不起一个俯卧撑啊 |
[14:57] | Well, that’s a separate problem. | 这两个是不同部位的毛病 |
[14:58] | Okay, so how do we read it? | 好了 所以这个怎么读 |
[15:00] | I’d say ask Sheldon, | 要是我就会问谢尔顿 |
[15:02] | but he left after I clearly said not to. | 但他在我明确说不许走后离开了 |
[15:06] | There must be a book on Morse code in here somewhere. | 这里面肯定有书教人怎么读摩斯电码 |
[15:09] | – Okay, where do we look? – I don’t know. | -好了 该从哪里找起 -我不知道 |
[15:11] | – I know how to use the card catalog. – Go, go! | -我知道怎么使用卡片目录找 -快去 |
[15:16] | You’re just useless, aren’t you? | 你可真是一点屁用都没有啊 |
[15:23] | Did you have tuna for lunch | 你中午吃了金枪鱼吗 |
[15:24] | or do you just smell like that all the time? | 还是你身上一直都有这味道 |
[15:26] | What? | 你说什么 |
[15:28] | Did you have tuna for lunch or do you smell like… | 你中午吃了金枪鱼吗 还是你身上… |
[15:29] | I heard it. I’m just wondering who raised you. | 我听到了 我只是好奇是谁把你养大的 |
[15:33] | My mother and father, and I suppose my meemaw. | 我妈和我爸 还有可能我姥姥吧 |
[15:35] | Well, they don’t seem like they’re doing a great job. | 感觉他们这方面没做太好啊 |
[15:38] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[15:40] | It’s been quite the week. | 这周可真是让人心累啊 |
[15:43] | I’m sure I’ll regret this, but… | 我很肯定我会后悔 但… |
[15:46] | …how so? | 怎么心累了 |
[15:47] | Before I tell you the story, | 在我告诉你这故事之前 |
[15:48] | how much do you know about the mathematics | 请问你对于机械人通信数学 |
[15:50] | of robotic communication? | 有多少了解呢 |
[15:53] | That’s okay. I’ll put it into terms a bus lady can understand. | 没关系 我会用巴士上女士能理解的词解释 |
[15:56] | There’s a wide range of protocols used for inter-robotic… | 机器人之间的通讯使用了许多种协议… |
[15:59] | – Dot, dot, dot. – Uh, “S.” | -点点点 -是S |
[16:02] | Got it. | 记下来了 |
[16:02] | – Dot. – “E.” | -一个点 -E |
[16:04] | – All right. – Another dot, dot, dot. | -好的 -再一个点点点 |
[16:05] | -Uh, “S” again. – Okay. | -还是S -好的 |
[16:07] | What do we have so far? | 目前有什么了 |
[16:09] | “I am taking a bus. | “我要搭大巴 |
[16:12] | Fun fact about buses…” | 说一个大巴的趣味小知识 |
[16:14] | – You got to be kidding me. – Come on! | -要亲命了啊 -不是吧 |
[16:16] | So how old is this professor friend of yours? | 你这个教授朋友多少岁数了呢 |
[16:19] | 73 and a half. | 73岁半 |
[16:21] | And why are you going to see him? | 那你为什么要去看他 |
[16:23] | Because everything made sense before he went away, | 因为我的世界在他离开之前都很正常 |
[16:25] | and now no one’s on my side. | 而现在我众叛亲离 |
[16:27] | So you think only a person in a mental hospital | 所以你觉得只有一个在精神病院的人 |
[16:30] | – can understand you? – Correct. | -能够理解你吗 -是的 |
[16:33] | That’s the first thing you’ve said that sounds right. | 这是你今天第一句听起来合理的话 |
[16:38] | Does he really think these facts are fun? | 他真的觉得这些小知识很有趣吗 |
[16:40] | Not now. | 现在别闹 |
[16:41] | I’ve got it. He’s headed to Rusk. | 我知道了 他要去鲁斯克 |
[16:44] | He’s going to the hospital to see John. | 他要去医院看约翰 |
[16:45] | – I’ll call the police. – Hurry! | -我去打给警察 -快 |
[16:47] | – Is Sheldon going to jail? – No! | -谢尔顿要坐牢了吗 -没有 |
[16:50] | Damn it. | 可恶 |
[16:52] | And then they grounded me. Can you believe it? | 他们居然还把我禁足了 你敢相信吗 |
[16:54] | Yes. | 敢啊 |
[16:56] | But I didn’t do anything wrong. | 但我没做错事啊 |
[16:57] | You did everything wrong. | 你所有事情都做错了 |
[16:59] | You were nothing but rude and ungrateful. | 你只是个没礼貌还不懂得感恩的人 |
[17:02] | You really think so? | 你真这么觉得吗 |
[17:03] | The only selfish person in that story is you. | 整段故事里唯一自私的人是你 |
[17:07] | There’s a Star Trek episode called “The Devil in the Dark” | 《星际旅行》有一集叫”暗处里的恶魔” |
[17:10] | where the miners thought the Horta was the monster, | 矿工们觉得霍塔人是怪物 |
[17:12] | but actually the miners were the monsters | 但其实矿工本身才是邪恶的怪物 |
[17:14] | because they were killing its eggs. | 因为他们意外杀了霍塔人的蛋 |
[17:16] | Are you saying it’s like that? | 你是说我也是这情况吗 |
[17:19] | Sure. | 你说是那就是吧 |
[17:23] | State troopers. | 州警 |
[17:25] | I wonder what they want. | 不知道他们来找谁 |
[17:26] | It turns out they wanted me. | 原来是来找我了 |
[17:29] | Fun fact, this was one of seven times | 有趣小知识 这是我总共七次 |
[17:31] | I was brought home by law enforcement– | 被执法人员带回家的其中一次 |
[17:33] | once, on the back of a horse. | 还有一次是骑着马回呢 |
[17:38] | They’re coming. | 他们来了 |
[17:43] | A kind stranger on a bus | 大巴上一位热心的陌生人 |
[17:44] | helped me see how I hurt my family | 让我理解到了我如何伤害到我的亲人 |
[17:47] | and that I owed them the best apology I knew how to give. | 所以我要用我所知最棒的方式道歉 |
[17:51] | No, don’t fire! | 别 别开枪 |
[17:53] | – Kill it! – First man that fires is dead. | -杀了它 -先开火的那个人格杀勿论 |
[17:57] | That thing has killed 50 of my men. | 那东西杀了我手下50个矿工了 |
[17:59] | You’ve killed thousands of her children. | 而你杀了她上千个孩子 |
[18:01] | What? | 什么 |
[18:03] | Those round silicon nodules | 你一直以来在搜集与摧毁的 |
[18:04] | that you’ve been collecting and destroying? They’re her eggs. | 那些蛋形硅球是她的卵 |
[18:12] | Tell them, Mr. Spock. | 告诉他们 史波克先生 |
[18:13] | There have been many generations of Horta on this planet… | 霍塔人在这个星球上已经繁衍了无数代了 |
[18:17] | I think you all understand why I wanted to show you this. | 我想你们应该都懂我为什么要放这段 |
[18:21] | No. | 没懂 |
[18:23] | It’s an apology. | 是在道歉 |
[18:26] | I was the miners, you were the Horta. | 我是矿工 而你们是霍塔人 |
[18:29] | How about just saying, “I’m sorry”? | 你直接对我们说”对不起”如何 |
[18:31] | Wow, you’re really not getting this. | 你可真是没懂这固中奥妙啊 |
[18:33] | Let’s watch it again. | 再重新看一遍 |
[18:35] | …the eggs live. | 让卵活下去 |